[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 204 KB, 1024x589, DijEi21U8AAAbD6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9948117 No.9948117 [Reply] [Original]

Previous thread >>9939954

Itabag FAQ and Beginners Guide - DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTION IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS FIRST
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XjbF7suzx1tE5pbK4HslTSpxjyD3YegkqfWIi8zekwc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread archives
>>>/cgl/?task=search2&search_subject=itabag&search_op=op&search_ord=new

Buyf/a/g Guide
>buyfag.moe

Discord Link
>https://pastebin.com/raw/uyMYVnPe (embed)

Bootlegs are never OK to buy and use, don't be a poorfag.

>> No.9948119
File: 266 KB, 1200x900, DijG2ocU0AAvXMY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9948122
File: 296 KB, 1200x900, DiNShXyVMAATPl1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948119

>> No.9948125
File: 371 KB, 1199x889, DiI7Y8IVAAAOAc2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948122

>> No.9948126
File: 254 KB, 1200x900, DiYlf_LUEAAalGo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948125

>> No.9948128
File: 283 KB, 1199x971, DiizIgFUEAAU1is.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948126

>> No.9948129
File: 253 KB, 900x1200, DiI660KVQAAtKmi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948128

>> No.9948132
File: 238 KB, 1024x730, DieCGS4U8AAwWS0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948129

>> No.9948133
File: 284 KB, 1200x945, DieCHDVUwAAN3TC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948132

>> No.9948136
File: 225 KB, 1200x788, Dii7RqVUwAARZK6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948133

>> No.9948138
File: 200 KB, 1200x696, Dii7SkQV4AIVHIU.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948136

>> No.9948204
File: 28 KB, 563x702, 9ec5163ee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>do box split
>the people giving me the most trouble are from the FB group
>What a surprise
>One paid super late and the other had me wait for days and then said they couldn’t pay.

I don’t understand, the split was set up months in advance to when they’re released.
Is it really that hard to save a little money every month so you can pay on time and not give the host a hard time?

>> No.9948218

Not trolling, legitimately asking.

So it came up on a discord server (not the cgl one) that an itabag owner attempted suicide, dunno the full story myself, don't even know the gender or what the bag was. I get the depression talk from lolitas as one myself and someone who also suffers it, but a hobby based on dropping a load of money on waifu's and hoarding just seems as though it'd be a magnet for these types of people. Is somehow buying hundreds of rubber straps actually making you guys more depressed or is it your only way of hanging on in this fucked up world? Why do you make these bags? What's driving you to his level of obsession?

Or am i over thinking this and it's harmless fun.

>> No.9948231

>>9948218
For me it’s harmless fun. I dealt with heavy depression before and while it still lurks in the background, it’s not something that fuels my spending or worsens because of it. But for others it can easily be a bad coping mechanism and feed into or spark a shopping obsession. Obviously it’s not going to fix your depression, and beyond the momentary glee of getting your order in or snagging a limited item, it won’t always help your mood. I make these bags because I love the characters and want to support the series. They mean something to me, they make me happy. It’s important to keep a level head in this hobby and keep track of your spending and realize when it’s feeding into bad habits or your mood is worsening despite everything. Even if it’s cheaper, a charm or doll isn’t a replacement for professional help.

>> No.9948243

>>9948218
No, I think you have a point. The longer I've been in the community, more and more do I see people getting into debt or trying to sell off large parts of their collection as they simply can't afford their next order. I think there is a point where retail therapy can make you feel good, but then some people go to the extreme and buyers regret can hit hard but they don't know how to stop.

>> No.9948247

>>9948204
People are irresponsible retards, more at 11.

>> No.9948285

>>9948243
>>9948231

I dont think this person attempted suicide over the bags they just happened to own one which is why it got mentioned in the discord. But thanks for the honest replies! Shame people are getting into debt like this too, I wonder how many of them are really young.

>> No.9948288
File: 1.35 MB, 540x684, trte.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948247
Yeah, especially on the FB group

>>9948218
This >>9948243
Also for me it's also harmless fun, like cosplay and art. It's fun working on bags and looking for creative ways to organize them and possibly bring new ideas to the table.
All the compliments I get on my bag motivate me to be better and work hard/not just on itabags but on other things too. It doesn't completely get rid of depression but personally it really helps me cope.
I've made friends on the discord which is also a plus, and I like seeing all the cute stuff they release for my faves. Seeing their faces on merch I can use everyday makes me really happy, and preparing an itabag for a con makes me twice as excited for it.
Like the other anon said, it's important to not let your spending/investments in this hobby get out of control.

>> No.9948352

>>9948204
Have you had any good experiences with box splitting? I've been thinking about making the plunge into buying overseas merch, but I don't have enough merch that I want to make the shipping expenses worth it.

>> No.9948363

>>9948218
I was really fucking depressed when I started itabagging.

But it wasn't just the itabags I was using to feel better, it was self insert fandom escapism in general. When I first started my bag, I was legitimately in love with the fictional character. On a level that I understood was fucked up, the emotional response I felt from interacting with media about him mirrored that of actual literal love with a real human. I was definitely using it as a coping mechanism - In a time in my life when I felt utterly unloveable, this made me feel loved.

That kind of obsession had many facets. I read every single fic on every single platform (not an exaggeration, boy I wish it was), I drew fan art and doujinshi, I spent hours combing over meta for the character, and I purchased merchandise.

Eventually I looked over at the pile of merchandise that was rapidly approaching creepy shrine level, and was like, well, I heard about that itabagging thing. Let's put this shit in a bag.

My life progressed and I went into therapy and got on medication, and my dependency on fictional interaction waned as I started to interact more with real people. It's not that I stopped adoring the character, but at some point my "love" gradually faded back into a reasonable enjoyment and appreciation. I didn't NEED him to feel like I had value anymore, I just enjoyed the character. Y'know. Like a normal fucking person.

At that point I already had a massive itabag, and I just kept collecting. Collection hobbies are fun. I enjoyed that carrying my bag was a way to meet fans and feel like I belonged at cons without having to cosplay. And I love winning the pseudo girly dick measuring contest at in person meets.

>in before post your bag
Not outing myself on this one, sorry.

>> No.9948372

>>9948218
For me it's harmless fun, maybe a little obsession. I'm usually a clothing hoarder, but making itabags has actually led me to take more control over my spending because I'm not just buying every pretty thing I see, but things that will look cohesive together in a bag. Before, I could always buy a dress even if it matched nothing because I always made the excuse that I could buy matching accessories. Now I have one bag with limited space and I need to pick out merch to best fill that space without clashing.

>> No.9948380

>>9948363
Wow anon thanks for sharing, I'm glad you're getting the help you need now! I sometimes wonder if with my bag I'm bordering on being unhealthy. I've never been in debt and I have a well paying job and girlfriend, but where do I draw the line in the sand. Is me flying over to Japan to buy merchandise really what I should be doing in my 30s?

I've heard all sorts of tragic stories, from the one who's fiancee died and they're not ready to love another real person again, to the one who lost their entire home in a fire and started collecting to make up for all the photo albums and memories they lost. We shit on bags here but sometimes you just have no idea what kind of person owns them or how much this stupid thing can mean when they're in actual despair.

>> No.9948389

>>9948380
>Is me flying over to Japan to buy merchandise really what I should be doing in my 30s?

Not that anon but that's up to you honestly, there's people older than you doing that lmao.
I think the line in the sand comes naturally, there's a point where you can for sure say I'm not into this anymore.

>> No.9948395

>>9948352
Well, I find that splitting with people you know is better than doing it with the FB sales group since it's full of people who will flake on you last minute. However, the FB group is better if there's a lot of items in the split/the items in the split is kinda rare/going to be rare then it's easy to find weebs with compulsive spending habits to get to join the split.
It's a gamble.

>> No.9948450
File: 29 KB, 539x412, crying cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948395
I see. Thanks for your input. I have no idea what I'll do but now I'm more informed.

>> No.9948455

>>9948218
i'm depressed as shit and will be for the rest of my life if the past 20 years are any indication. i don't think it factors into my bagging necessarily; i too have a well-paying job, meaningful real world relationships, and no debt. i definitely sink a lot of money into merch but i just treat it as my primary hobby and budget accordingly. i'm also getting to the point where i no longer feel the need to chase stuff quite as hard as i have been, though i don't think i'll stop, either.

i will say that i absolutely use my fav and his series as a coping mechanism however. it's very silly but he either has or is implied to have a lot of problems that are similar to or the same as mine, so seeing him be successful is... motivating, i guess. sort of an "if X can do Y then i can definitely do Z today" thing. i know it's incredibly childish especially as someone who's also near 30 so i don't talk about it much, but it works. being able to carry a physical reminder of that was a lot more impactful than i thought it might be.

plus, i like having bits and trinkets of things that mean something to me around in general, so with all of that itabagging was the natural conclusion. both the character and the series have a lot of sentimental value for me beyond just what i've mentioned too, which only adds to it. in the end it's not something i ever think i'll completely fall out of love with because of what it means to me, though i don't know that i'll still be actively hunting things down on mercari when i'm 60.

probably not super subtle to any regulars but i'm also not going to outright de-anon either for obvious reasons.

>> No.9948500
File: 76 KB, 570x403, il_570xN.1109476367_f5o1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So semi-serious about getting/making an ita bancho coat. I was wondering if there were more knowledgeable anons who could break down exactly what is happening with these. I know there's often one key image of the character on the back and maybe a couple smaller ones or emblems of some kind on the front but what's going on with the text? Names? Quotes? Song lyrics?

>> No.9948504

>>9948218
Keep in mind "normies" drop tons of money on stuff too like gambling, major league sports tickets, concerts that start at $500 a ticket, cars they don't need, jewelry they don't need etc. I don't think our crowd attracts anyone more or less depressed and suicidal that "normie" crowds we just have a niche that can stand out

>> No.9948652

>>9948500
I haven't watched im@s so all the info I know are from quick google searches of the phrases.

Arms: seiyuu names
Back text: character names, smaller seems to be quotes on their music
Front text, from top to bottom: signature, neko and rock on the pocket flaps, character names in big and their quotes about each other

>> No.9948661
File: 737 KB, 1080x1453, Screenshot_20180721-113846_mh1532169690818.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I generally don't buy into bag elitism but this is fucking tragic

>> No.9948686

>>9948119
What’s that material?

>> No.9948711

>>9948218
For me it's a mix of harmless fun, wanting to have a connection to people, and a bit of loneliness/depression.

When it started out I really liked this series and I got through it via /cgl/ of all places and there weren't many fans elsewhere. Still not that many Western fans compared to other animes even if it's really loved in Japan so merch was cheap enough even I could afford it when I didn't have much money.

When I got money I started getting the merch more and around that time /cgl/ started posting about itabags. At the time I was on /cgl/ almost 24/7 because it was really the only place I could be social so I tried different Jfashions to try and find a niche to get into that I liked and could make friends in. Itabags seemed like a really good fit so I sped up my buying to make a bag.

Just when I tried to make a bag it came out terrible and I had some self-loathing and sold everything. Months later I tried again with another fandom and had better luck in getting feedback and everything but then repeat again. Each time I've bought stuff, made a bag, and then just had that depressive low where I realized reaching my goal didn't make me happy at all.

Then the discord came around and I took a chance and joined. Say what you want but it really did wonders for me in meeting people, making friends, and getting my love for bags back. I made my favorite bag through that discord but then itabags changed and the /cgl/ itabag generals changed and I've just been going downhill since.

I've bought more stuff, bought more bags, bought popular bags and discontinued bags and then never used them. They sat in a box or still sit in a box all with the tags and padding because I've never done anything with them because my past bags are nowhere near what I see here and compared to now

-c

>> No.9948712

>>9948711
my favorite bag is so outdated that it's probably shitabag territory but at the time I made it no one else had one like that and I thought it was the coolest thing ever to do all this stuff that wasn't done by anyone else so my bag really stood out as something unique and really showed my love for the series.

I know hobbies change but I just miss how good I felt then and how I didn't hesitate to show my WIPs here and have people want to help when last time I posted for something that was a bit of a joke but still something I really had wanted to do it got blasted enough that I immediately took everything apart and sold it because I didn't want to look at it anymore. I ended up selling about $300 worth of merch I bought for that bag for roughly $100.

After that I fell in love with a game and a character in it much like >>9948363 where I'd look at him and think "Finally someone that understands me" and I thought he was perfect and he was always there whenever I needed him to brighten my day. I spend a bunch of money on him trying to get his cards and if I couldn't I'd get really unhappy but I just couldn't afford it.

It's the same with merch now. I'll buy stuff and get excited over the deal or the rarity and then it arrives and I feel nothing. It doesn't make me feel any better and I wind up just selling it all to buy more merch hoping something will bring that that spark I had and it never does.

-c

>> No.9948713

>>9948712
I ended up deleting the game I had and it really hurts like I'm throwing away a person that cared for me but that and not buying anymore merch and selling everything I own now.. I don't know. Maybe it'll feel better to just get rid of it all. I've just started but I don't feel anything even when my ebay auctions sell for $5 and it's $50 worth of merch. I think I'm just that numb to it now. I don't know what I'm expecting whether it's to suddenly feel happy and free once it's all gone or just feel as empty as it looks when all the shipping boxes full of stuff are gone.

I just don't know and I'm not sure if I have itabags to blame or not.

Sorry I hit the character limit twice. I probably should have shut up long before this.

>> No.9948725
File: 2.32 MB, 1620x1620, 20180721_142344_mh1532179517645.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here's my bag so far! I want to get some more plushes and I'm going to stitch the bottom of the ribbon and add green pompoms all around that big badge. Super chuffed with it, it's nice to be able to display and properly appreciate my merch.

>> No.9948732

>>9948725
Not bad! I really like the ribbon on top. Are those badges on top new movie merch?

If you're planning on having the plushes outside of the bag, you should look into getting cases for them. Even if shame cubes look a bit silly, they'll keep them from getting dirty.

Sounds like you're still working on the layout, so you should look into making an insert too. It'll stop the bag from caving in like it is on the left side.

>> No.9948738

>>9948661
That gives me depression

>> No.9948744
File: 404 KB, 1478x1108, IMG_20180510_095527.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948713
From what I read it sounds like you're letting other people influence your enjoyment too much. If you really loved the character like you said and felt that connection, then you wouldn't have felt the need to sell it all off after a bad experience.

Case in example here, I was obsessed with this character to unhealthy levels. He didn't really have merch because lol2008 and back then trading figures were the in thing. I used to spend hundreds of hours rping him, drawing fanart and then even flew over to another country to meet other fans. Except those fans weren't nice people. They abandoned me at the airport, ignored me throughout the con and then when I got back I found anons ripping into my rp and art. Needless to say while a part of me still loves the character, I always will, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel sick when I see that $200 scale I bought multiple of.

So I can relate to how you feel about it. When you're depressed it's much easier you latch onto someone else who's been through the same or similar struggles. But i think getting help is the best thing to do. It's never really about the money in these circumstances, it's about how it's fucking you up.

I do think cgl has changed and this thread has gotten a lot worse, but that's why people left so they could enjoy the hobby without being dragged.

>> No.9948760
File: 63 KB, 500x553, castle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Another day, another kickstarter

>> No.9948764

>>9948744
The character from the game and the stuff I sold off were separate fandoms. Sorry that probably wasn't as clear.

Sorry you had such a shit experience though. That was really cruel of them.

I think my main issue is just buying things partially to keep up with rising expectations of itabagging and partially hoping to fill that void and neither work. I want to make bags but at the same time when I get done with them I hate how they look and I just put them away and don't look at them. I'm not happy with how they are and they don't make me feel any better having made them.

I don't feel bad about dismantling all my bags and selling my collections so I guess that's a sign that I'm not emotionally attached to them at all. I'm going to keep everything from my original fandom I bought for but everything else I'll just get rid of. If I want to try making bags again at some point I will but I think trying to keep up to expectations and how bags 'should look' is just making me crash and burn.

>> No.9948769

>>9948760
It looks kind of childish, but I could imagine making a diorama bag or an idol-unit themed one. Link? Are there any alt colors?

>> No.9948770

>>9948732
I have no clue honestly, I just buy any and all froppy shit i see because i love her. Yeah, might make an insert as it's turned out heavier than I expected. Are there any like... ways to make a plush case cute?

>> No.9948774
File: 52 KB, 500x500, castle white.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948769
Looks like the bg is actually iridescent? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stami/pink-castle-windowed-pin-ita-bag

>> No.9948787

>>9948774
Fuck, I didn't think it would actually have an alt color. This looks nice.

>> No.9948830

>>9948764
Do you ever post your bags and ask for crit? Ive posted mine here before it went to shit and I got such good feedback making a decent bag just comes naturally after nearly 2 years of doing it. You get a better eye for detail and aesthetics, but asking for crit will help you hone those skills

>> No.9948844

>>9948830
I have before with several bags since 2016. The trouble is now if you ask you've a 50/50 chance of it going badly.

>> No.9948894
File: 3 KB, 371x57, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>log into FB
>see someone ask about Pokemon kuji proxy
>pic related
>mfw kuji pulls are 620 yen each

Bitch is crazy.

>> No.9948915

>>9948760
>>9948774
the alt colour is nicer and I'm sure it would have some uses like >>9948769 said, but I just... cannot get over how much I hate it. It looks like a Disney Princess dollhouse.

>> No.9948944

>>9948725
The ribbon is adorable! Good taste for best girl. Maybe you could use it to hide the pins from the charms? I think that'd make it look more polished.

>> No.9948945

>>9948725
Have you considered making an insert? I think a pond with lily pads would suit her nicely.

>> No.9948948

>>9948844
For everyone few anons trying to legitimately give criticism, there's one vindictive bitch who torment the poster until they give up.

>> No.9948950

>>9948945
How tf would I go about making that tho

>>9948944
True but i kinda like seeing the pins? The symmetry of it just gives me good feels.

Also this is my first itabag ever And i barely follow the whole trend so thanks for all the positive responses!

>> No.9948974

>>9948894
I dont have the context by considering this peraon is probably in japan isn't this also covering travel and service fees? Or are those seperate already?

>> No.9948976

>>9948974
All their comment said was they charge $8 per pull, as in if you want them to go somewhere to buy you 10 tickets, that's 10 ticket fees of 620yen each plus $80 in pull fees, not including shipping to you.

Travel fees is one thing but asking $8 per pull as a fee is ridiculous because that's more than the kuji ticket costs.

>> No.9948979

>>9948976
Are you absolutely sure this isn't the price of the ticket plus those fees all in one?

>> No.9948984
File: 239 KB, 492x826, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948979
Here's the entire cap so I'm guessing no that's just their fee since they didn't mention it included ticket prices and OPs link showed ticket price information so they know how much tickets are already.

>> No.9948987

Speaking of kuji has anyone tried them from Otaku House?

https://shop.otakuhouse.com/collections/ichiban-kuji

I really want to try for the mimikyu one in august and they've got preorders for it and they open your tickets via livestream so you know what you've won.

>> No.9949002

How do people get away with doing box splits where they change double the price of the item and shipping on top of that? Better yet why the fu k do people buy from them??

>> No.9949006

>>9949002
Stupidity and ignorance as to how to order themselves.

>> No.9949013

>>9949006
I wish I could take advantage of people like that without feeling bad

>> No.9949031

>>9948363
>On a level that I understood was fucked up, the emotional response I felt from interacting with media about him mirrored that of actual literal love with a real human.

Anon this is exactly how I feel. I don't feel unloveable per se but I do have issues that make me incapable of maintaining a real romantic relationship. All humans need love to some degree though and the feeling that I get from loving my fav fills that void. Shrining, itabagging and indulging in him gives me that feeling and keeps me going. It moreso keeps me out of despair since if I didn't have this, I'd still be chasing and failing to be "normal" and do what isn't for me.

>> No.9949093
File: 228 KB, 732x558, Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 00.38.57.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What are some of the bigger ita bags? I currently have this one from Itamate but it's still too small!

>> No.9949097

>>9948987
Taking a chance on a gachapon and a kuji. Will report back if anyone wants a review.

>> No.9949099
File: 88 KB, 336x636, 98FEDC51-D1E9-4F2D-AF91-8E9F7AD1ECFF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9949002
Man this happened to me recently and I'm negotiating now with the host. I didn't bother to check because it was a small one-off series and I just wanted something to remember it by.
Went back and looked because of this post and realized they overcharged by a lot, even after all the possible fees. I should've probably spoke out when they told me shipping was $5 for two can badges.

>> No.9949115

>>9949093
Any of the A3-sized bags by zakkamart are pretty big.

>> No.9949123

>>9949115
I just bought one of those actually! I'm wondering if it will look ridiculously too big now haha

>> No.9949130

>>9948984
"$8 per pull" implies it covers the full thing desu

>> No.9949210

>>9949093
Anything by Zakkamart, they do A3 size bags. Good luck filling one. Swimmer's bag sits somewhere between A4 and A3 as does the wego L size struff.

>> No.9949371

>>9949093
>calling bases itabags
>ita bag

But like the other anons said, anything A3 size. The Mise Rucks are also the biggest backpack base out there, though I haven't seen em mentioned much here.

>> No.9949429

>>9949002
From what I've learned, it's because weebs are stupid and are all about convenience, just look at the FB group; Scalped as hell bags sell all the time, usually really fast. Why?
because a lot of those idiots don't know how to use a proxy or don't want to bother with one so they'd rather be scalped than go through all the trouble.

>> No.9949574

Took a nasty fall with my bag on and now there's a black streak on the clear plastic. Does the baking soda method work best or is there anything else I can try?

>> No.9949602

>>9949574
That's happened to me a few times, and the pure acetone method has always worked for me. If it strips the shine from the vinyl and leaves it streaky, rubbing a tiny bit of baby oil into the affected bits will restore that lovely clear surface.

>> No.9949638

>>9949099
buddy i'm australian and i've paid $20 bucks shipping for two can badges
count your blessings

>> No.9949793
File: 617 KB, 900x636, ast.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9948500
Sorry if the text is small. AFAIK the text down the front of the coat that I didn't label is also just quotes.

>> No.9949795

>>9948652
Aw shit I missed this before I made >>9949793

>> No.9949803
File: 57 KB, 1280x720, 7C3DB58C-13BD-4890-801B-3C3967A6720C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9949638
It's domestic shipping in US, but I feel bad for you anon. US hates people shipping to other countries for whatever reason.

>> No.9949937

>>9949795
Its cool anon its a good macro for more itafashion questions

Problem is I'm SEM anon and trying to figure out what would make for a balanced design for all three

>> No.9949946

>>9949937
The front and arms seem hard to divide into thirds, so you could stick with general unit motifs and put character-specific stuff on the back?
If you're doing this for a jacket with pockets in the front, it'd be cute if their Minis were peeking out of one.

>> No.9950026

Whats the best way to you guys for putting in plushies? I recently got a bunch of the smaller nesoberis and I'm still deciding on how to implement them to my bag

>> No.9950216

>>9950026
Sew with clear thread/fishing line at key points where it won't show

>> No.9950232
File: 519 KB, 850x1200, jiro is special.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9949946
>Minis

Yes please I love these little dorks.

>> No.9950686

>>9949371
> implying they can fill an A3 bag when they cant even spell itabag

>> No.9950872

>>9948129
can badge protectors inside an ita bag cover is like wearing two condoms

>> No.9950876

>>9948380
You are never too old to do what you enjoy. If travelling to Japan to pick up merch is something you'll look back fondly throughout your life, go for it. But if its out of some "need" or like, if you got there and didn't get as much merch as you wanted you'd be genuinely upset, then you might need to reconsider.

>> No.9950879

>>9950686
I mean, I really can fill A3. It's not hard, at least not with what I have so far

>> No.9951027
File: 50 KB, 686x425, FAF62AE5-ACC5-4CDE-88AA-88D62264EE0A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9950872
>"Look at me, I'm funnyman."
>ita bag
I really want to be optimistic about newbies who get into this hobby but that flame of hope is dying everyday.

>> No.9951047
File: 141 KB, 768x1024, B1455FC7-2AAE-49F1-A116-0EECF8203698.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone here jumped onto a franchise because of bandwagon but stayed for the long run?

>> No.9951049
File: 175 KB, 990x637, E715DC8A-904D-4072-A397-1CE11B3AECCC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951047

>> No.9951055
File: 168 KB, 1024x546, DD5C3BF7-6933-452C-A060-DBB1E26317BF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951049

>> No.9951057
File: 223 KB, 1024x768, D806EF8E-0D1B-4E07-BEE3-C0E9494BA824.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951055

>> No.9951058
File: 120 KB, 1024x576, 9B82CF26-1E47-4EF0-B262-3B4BF8618464.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951057

>> No.9951059

>>9951047
good bag subject for the question.

i still like sanrio boys, if that counts. i'm also on the hypmic train so we'll see how i feel about that one in six months? i don't plan on intensively bagging for either which helps with avoiding buyer's remorse.

>> No.9951087
File: 334 KB, 1200x900, D25C12D9-B7AD-48B8-B486-9827F4769D60.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951059
I brought this up because while hypmic's explosion in popularity makes it seem like a bandwagon, idol franchises are also surprisingly sustainable. I wonder if people can truly fall in love with a franchise that's driven by hype.

>> No.9951088
File: 147 KB, 1199x418, E2D92B13-EB52-49D1-8A08-D24B46887D9D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951087

>> No.9951091
File: 223 KB, 1200x1040, 7E3D250C-52B7-4F3F-8B02-67AAF1FF42B5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951088
Matching nails.

>> No.9951113

>>9951059
Seconding getting on the hypmic train and waiting to see how I feel about it in the long run.
Tho I really like it atm but I'm worried about dropping cash on it and then falling out of it (also can't pick a single favorite and I can't afford to collect everyone lmao). On the other hand, secondhand merch for it is expensive as balls and buying it now that there is stuff being released would be best. Probably gonna stay cool for a while (and miss out on nice stuff) just to make sure I'm not overly excited over something new and focus on other things I've been into for longer.

>> No.9951158

>>9951059
Not gonna lie-- I'm laughing a little at this, specifically because Sanrio Boys has become a running joke to me and my friends, and has been brought back up as a reminder to wait for the hype to die before buying Hypmic merch. Glad you still get enjoyment out of it, though!

>>9951113
Same boat, anon.
The way I see it, though, there will either be more/more varied merch (since so much of the merch out right now recycles the same official art) such that missing out on the early stuff won't sting as bad, or the initial flood of bandwagoners will have jumped ship and will be trying to get rid of anything they can.

And I may be wrong on both counts, but I'd rather be wrong now and have to shell out a little more later than drop a bunch of cash now and be unable to give the merch away down the line. I don't have to make a bag for everything I have a passing interest in.

>> No.9951161

>>9951047
Isn't itabag supposed to come out of the deepest, truest love? I cant understand doing that for a flavor of the month or "just to try it out and see how I feel about it"

>> No.9951172

>>9951055
>the yellow kirby
What?

>> No.9951217

>>9948950
>How tf would I go about making that tho
Plastic canvas + water patterned fabric + lily pad appliques I would think. Or printed fabric alone.

>True but i kinda like seeing the pins? The symmetry of it just gives me good feels.
Haha, okay. Fair enough. Congrats on starting your first! It'll be exciting watching you progress. Thanks for posting your bag!

>> No.9951221

Anyone else get pissed when you spend time putting together a WTB post and someone comments something along the lines of
>following because I’m searching for this too!
Make your own fucking post. Don’t piggyback on mine and try to take the items I’m searching for.
I feel like I’m over reacting but it seems so rude. I just block the person so they can’t try to snipe my potential purchases.

>> No.9951227

>>9951047
No, all the bags I've been making are for characters or pairings I've loved for years. I find it a little annoying when people make bags for things that have only been out one season, but whatever, nothing I can do about it.

>> No.9951228

>>9951221
Oh it’s absolutely rude anon, I feel you.
I had a friend who tried to bring it up to a mod, but she never heard anything back and was ignored which is a shame.

>> No.9951235

>>9951221
yeah it's super rude, especially when looking for an obscure or extremely popular character (thus you've already got heavy competition).

>> No.9951342
File: 120 KB, 750x554, IMG_7166.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951227
It's definitely annoying while the season is ongoing, but if people can outlast the hype from the finale I'll give them a pass.

>> No.9951373
File: 784 KB, 712x543, squish.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm such a happy S.E.M anon.

>> No.9951417

>>9951047
I couldn't imagine making a bag or even lowkey collecting merch purely because of bandwagoning. Feels like buyers remorse just waiting to happen. I also have high tax on both characters for my ship bags so I can't really afford to cheat on them.

>> No.9951422

>>9951228
>bring it up to a mod, but she never heard anything back and was ignored

I'm not surprised. Only half of the mods are even active, and most of them are useless sacks of shit. Only one of them is helpful but she's so busy dealing with scam reports and other things of the group that it's hard for her to handle every single report/message.

>> No.9951463

>>9951227
>>9951342

It's bandwagony, but to be honest if these folks are supporting a show buying the official merch, and tons of it, then I think it kind of goes right into the spirit of what itabagging is, you want them to keep spending money so that the producers see it as a profitable cash cow and continue making new content for it.

I mean, it's not like you have to hang out with them or worship the newest bags of the latest merch, but I'd this is the one place where you want to encourage as many bandwagoners as you can so the franchise you particularly like gets as big as possible and has the means to market as much interesting content as possible.

Or if it's not a fandom you're into then just ignore them and say it's because you're not into that fandom.

>> No.9951527

>>9951422
>Only half of the mods are even active, and most of them are useless sacks of shit.

Only half are active? Why the fuck are the inactive ones mods then? What’s the point of having them if they’re never around. It’s shitty to put all these responsibilities on few mods since the fb group is so large.

>> No.9951530

>>9951422
Yeah and it was Lauren of all people lmao it’s no wonder she got ignored.
For being Admin of the sales group she sure doesn’t give a shit about a lot of the crappy things going on

>> No.9951532
File: 219 KB, 960x720, 3B1BC191-B566-4F2B-9F31-A7149332B4D3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>itawall

Can this even be considered that? It’s just a jumble of different charms on a grate...

>> No.9951541

>>9951532
That looks like fucking garbage. It's underfilled with what looks like predominately fanmerch, the straps aren't even hung to try and cover the chains, the lights look tacky and there's no overarching theme. It's not an "itawall" it's a piece of shit.
Normalfags need to fuck off.

>> No.9951573

>>9951373
Glad to see you're still around. I'm not into it but the merch is always so cute.

>> No.9951620

>>9951532
"itawall"...they're so pretentious. shut up, it's a fucking strap board

>> No.9951647
File: 1.19 MB, 1080x1080, 33169644_177479516249630_6339396678361022464_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I get some outfit inspo? I'm not in love with the collage shirt/dress look and I'd like other options like pic related.

>> No.9951651
File: 118 KB, 750x750, 36655100_198351630862537_5267831114289905664_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951647
Last thread some embroidered clothes were posted and those were pretty cool, too.

>> No.9951676

>>9951532
There’s a girl in the group with a wall covered in todomatsu merch who puts this “itawall” to shame. You’d think that the under 10 likes people get on this would give them a hint that nobody likes what they’re posting

>> No.9951712

>>9951047
i jumped onto the oso-san bandwagon and it literally got me into the hobby, and im still buying merch for my best boy lol.
but other than that i cant bring myself to make bags for a flavor of the month anime, with bnha ive been around since 2015 loving this series (and kirishima lmao) and with sanrio danshi the anime was eh, but the characters had a charm to them thats stuck with me even now.

>> No.9951713

>>9951158
That's a good way too see things and probably the most "correct", I sometimes do forget I don't need to buy merch of every little thing I'm into. Also, truth that a lot of the merch atm are recycles of the same art, hoping you are right and that it gets more varied stuff down the line (a couple keychains and the manjuu are cute af tho).
A lil bummed one of my favs is a fan favorite in general tho, which will probably mean shit secondhand prices but oh well. Like you said, better shell out a lil more later than doing it now and potentially losing interest later (actually never regretted buying from any series so far but don't want hypmic to be a first).

>> No.9951727

>>9951463
>if these folks are supporting a show buying the official merch, and tons of it
Let's be real, most of the time the people we're complaining about do the literal fucking opposite of this. They trawl the AA for the merch people shit out at the last second after realizing a series was FOTM and maybe, maaaybe join a boxsplit or two off Amiami, which half of them then ghost on. If I see someone putting in effort to get exclusives, cate merch, anything beyond the bare fucking minimum, then I don't give a fuck how new or overhyped it is. You're doing the work and I respect that. I know how to appreciate bags from series I don't like, besides.

But the western community, especially for bandwagon series, is largely complaining about price and ease of access while literally not trying at all on either front.

>> No.9951729
File: 2.82 MB, 850x1873, shrine1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Laura Palmer anon here! July 22nd was Laura Palmer's birthday, so I did a little dessert thing at my character shrine to celebrate. Apologies for photo quality, I still can't manage to take a half-decent pic.

>> No.9951731
File: 1.05 MB, 662x850, laurabag.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951729
And here's a pic of the most recent bag layout. I've added a bunch of Carrie Page/older Laura stuff since I last posted here.

>> No.9951732

>>9951530
I’m the forever salty anon that she STILL hasn’t taken away a scammer that we tagged her in a post for. Fuck Lauren.

>> No.9951736

>>9951676
Do people just slap ita infront of anything that just has a bunch of merch on it?

>>9951732
Scummy

>> No.9951765

>>9951712
>i jumped onto the oso-san bandwagon and it literally got me into the hobby, and im still buying merch for my best boy lol

Aaay same! I'm glad to see there's still osomatsu-san baggers around

>> No.9951773

>>9951712
>>9951765
I miss when Osomatsu was the big itabag choice, things felt purer then and the facebook group wasn't that bad yet. 2016 was a good year.

>> No.9951776
File: 492 KB, 1280x1280, DLI8GyvUEAUiJWA.jpg-large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have any pictures saved of Shiggy bags that aren't utter shit like this one?

>> No.9951805

>>9951736
>Do people just slap ita infront of anything that just has a bunch of merch on it?
Yes. Ita as a prefix was a thing before itabags. See: itasha.
At the same time, calling that example an itawall is like calling a car an itasha because it has 2 J-List stickers on the back window and a Sonico figure taped to the dashboard.

>> No.9951815

>>9951805
I know that what I meant was the fact that things like con bags or just having a wall full of posters/keychains of random things someone likes shouldn't have ita in it. Itabags and itasha both have themes.

>> No.9951848

>>9951765
If any Oso anons are near the SF Bay area get to Kinokuniya in SF the Oso stuff went on clearance. No surprise they probably overestimated the US hype.

>> No.9951946

>>9951647
>>9951651

Oh wow these are beautiful

I assume they were hand made? Ugh would love to get my hands on something like this

>> No.9951955

>>9951848
Oso stuff is going dirt cheap on ebay secondhand as well. No one is bidding on the lots.

>> No.9951973

>>9951729
>>9951731
I had no idea this was a character people liked enough to even make merch of, let along create a shrine and bag for. Good job anon, I am impressed by your dedication.

>> No.9951982

>>9951776
He doesn't deserve this shit bag.

>> No.9951986

>>9951946
iirc, the first one was painted by hand and the second one uses patches.

>> No.9951988
File: 86 KB, 960x540, why.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951776
Seconding this, I'm working on a Shigaraki bag and the few other itabags tributes I've seen have looked like utter shit. (Pic related)

>> No.9952001

Does anyone have good examples of more decorated itabags with more variety of merch, rather than the rows-of-buttons ones? Rosettes, rhinestones, backing boards, etc. I like that type better and I'm looking for inspiration-- I look at stuff like >>9951988 and I can tell it's unappealing, but I can't put into words exactly WHY it's unappealing.

>> No.9952080

>>9952001
>WHY it’s unappealing
Bad merch that’s shittly pinned in a knockoff bag with glitter that makes it hard to see. The lighting in the photo makes it looks that much worse as well.

>> No.9952082

>>9951973
Thank you, anon! Laura's been my favorite character/"daughteru" for many years, so I'm happy to finally have a sizable collection of stuff. I use the itabag as my daily purse, and it's been great for flushing out other Peakers while I'm out and about.

>> No.9952131

>>9951982
>>9951988
Right? Shiggy is too good for this garbage, I can't wait to start working on a bag for him. >>9951988
in particular is heinous, the background and keychain position is just the worst.

>> No.9952170

>>9951532
Same principal as a corkboard, it's a fucking corkboard with some keychains on it it's not an ita anything.

>> No.9952215

Well the group is looking for more mods it seems. Some of you complainers better apply, the group sure needs a lot of fixing!

>> No.9952266

>>9951732
chill out lol

>> No.9952285

>>9952266
Anon has a reason to be upset though they got scammed and none of the mods did anything even when they got contacted. That’s unfair.

>> No.9952323

>>9951727

True, but then I also think it's a seperate issue -- and we're already looking down on the lazy plebes who do all the other shitty things.

I just feel like being bandwagony alone shouldn't really be a sign until you actually verify they do all the other shitty stuff.

>> No.9952360

>>9951729
Wait holy shit I'm working on an Agent Cooper bag. Always thought I'd be the only one!

>> No.9952378

>>9951729
>>9952360
>Twin Peaks related itabags
YES GOOD

>>9952266
This >>9952285 that anon has every right to be angry, if the mods don't care about an active scammer in the group they're not doing their jobs.

>> No.9952379
File: 413 KB, 538x517, kageyama.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9952131
>SHIGGY

this is so fucking funny
he's supposed to be a spooky villain hand man but you guys are out here giving him a goofy nickname

>> No.9952382

>>9952215
I'd apply if lauren didn't ban me for questioning her bullshit hahaha

>> No.9952418

>>9951732
tag the mod that actually does shit, she helped me out when i pmd her. i hope you get your money back anon, fuck lauren

>> No.9952495

>>9952001
>WHY it's unappealing
the bag is too bright for his color scheme (and its looks so shitty in this lighting) and if youre going to have a printed backboard please choose a print that relates to the character. that grandma-esque flower print makes absolutely NO SENSE for this character AT ALL.

>>9951765
>>9951773
aaahh ikr i miss all the oso-san bags and itabagging when only a few hundred ppl knew about it. those were the best times for the fb group and in gen for the hobby in the west honestly

>> No.9952496

>>9952360
Holy shit, I though I'd always be the only one with my bag, too! I can't wait to see your Cooper one once you've put it together, the world needs more Twin Peaks bags.

>> No.9952507
File: 117 KB, 900x1200, Di6GBEyW4AINlIu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Where does it end?

>> No.9952561

>>9952507
I think this is actually really cute...it looks higher quality than most the other kickstarter bags as well imo.

>> No.9952680

>>9952507
it’s not remotely cute

>> No.9952692

>>9952507
Maybe if it was just the head, and it came in black it could be pretty cute for characters associated with cats

>> No.9952697

>>9952507
okay as a normie bag and i can actually think of a character where the design would be appropriate. can't wait to see it get used for someone like bakugo instead!

>> No.9952700

>>9952507
If i had a giant plush to stick in the middle

>> No.9952709

>>9952507
At least there's no glitter.

>> No.9952722

Has anyone sold their merch in Japan to secondhand stores like Mandarake? I'm going in about a month, and I don't know if I can be bothered dealing with the FB crowd.

>> No.9952728

>>9952722
From what i understamd they'll take almost anything as long as its in good condition but you will only get a fraction of the resell value. So it only makes swnse if you have A LOT to clear out

>> No.9952850
File: 1.22 MB, 750x721, 1527230522457.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951059
>>9951113
>>9951158
Man I'm so conflicted on this. I've been into Hypmic for a while out of following my favorite seiyuu, but I've been resisting merch pretty easily. Like months have gone by with no urges.

But now that it's blown up, the temptation is so much stronger? Like people are doing merch splits and no one seems to like my husbando. I'm just sitting here wondering if I should give in. I know I'm going to like it for a while but am I only interested in buying merch because everyone else is? Does anyone else get the feeling of just wanting to buy in order to fit in and talk to other fans?

>> No.9952863

>>9952722
You can either get an easy, cheap bulk sell at Mandarake or slowly milk weebs on sales groups and ebay. Personally I would go with the slow sale considering you probably paid over retail if you live outside Japan including shipping and would be making a huge loss but if you are desperate for a fast sale it would work.

>> No.9952875

>>9952850
absolutely, yeah. if you know it's going to pass you by i wouldn't get anything you'd be sad to have in six months, though. who knows if everyone else will still be into it then, and especially if you like an unpopular dude, it's gonna be pretty rip.

personally i'm limiting myself to things i'll be okay with hanging around, like the omanjuu and some of the word charms. i definitely don't want to bag hardcore for my fave who is unfortunately popular to boot, so even though people's frenzied buying makes me want to jump in, i'm holding back lest i spend money i wish had gone to my real waifu.

>> No.9952913

>>9952850
I feel you too anon, tho hypmic is pretty much unknown where i live still. It's just me and a handful of friends who know about it and enjoy it. But at least 3 of them are already preordering merch and planning/starting cosplays and I'm feeling the same urge as you.
I'm recent in the fandom tho, as I don't usually follow seiyuu, so I've just been hooked on the songs and want to wait it out before buying merch, as I mentioned earlier.
The omanjuu are so tempting tho, I'm just thorn because both my current fav crews are in diferente boxes, otherwise I'd have already bought them.

>> No.9952949

>>9952850
If you're second guessing yourself the chances are you're not that dedicated to make the bag anon

>> No.9952954
File: 259 KB, 1024x768, comp_shot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

lesson to the wise- don't be this person. don't be grape-bagger

>> No.9952963

>>9952954
>49 bags
>implying 49 characters
>"I don't use inserts."
>"I like my bag to match the character"

Wouldn't using inserts cut back on how many physical bags you'd have to use, if this 49 is to be believed. Shitabagger or not that logic is absurdly wasteful and frankly just not efficient for accumulating merch.

>> No.9952964

>>9952954
Imagine having 49 bags but not a single one of them is good

>> No.9952967

>>9952954
49? More like 4 and a half with the amount of merch they have...
God I wanna cry none of them even look good OR COMPLETED

>> No.9952972

>>9952954
>bagging for the grape
I mean that's already a red flag, but they're not even finished? c'mon
Same goes for the rest of the bags, ,ugh at least put some effort into it

>> No.9952976

>>9952131
Im starting to work on a Shiggy bag too, im glad im not the only one!

>> No.9952977

>>9952875
>>9952913
>>9952949
Thank you guys. I needed that reminder. The omanjuu are a good idea though! I really wanted to get the plush since it's big and feels like a good "one and done" kind of thing. But Juto's looks so...unfortunate. But the omanjuu are a good substitute.

>> No.9952989

>>9952977
at least with juto, his should be easy to pick up in a split AND you could get one of those rabbit kigus for it? thats a pretty cute compromise imo. good luck resisting temptation with the rest of us, anon.

>> No.9953008

>>9952976
I hope you post it here/I see it if you post on fb! Shiggy is too good

>> No.9953244

>>9952722
Lashinbang, at least, only buys from Japanese citizens. I tried.
Curious if Manda's different, though.

>> No.9953279
File: 3.92 MB, 4032x3024, 20180725_210828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Finished for now. Need to get an insert behind it to prop it up, and i think i might look for some big lilypad buttons or something. Also gonna put two more straps on those d-rings at the top when i find one the same size as the one I have left over.

>> No.9953390
File: 270 KB, 1200x900, 8C0F8479-0FF3-4EAE-AB77-A5A8344CE7AF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9953392
File: 133 KB, 675x1200, 0F0F0925-CC64-4344-990C-AD3B19BD4565.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9953390

>> No.9953393
File: 93 KB, 640x480, 3722EF6E-F747-47DC-9E22-9D5554824E95.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9953392

>> No.9953516
File: 29 KB, 609x570, 1529876377626.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>person makes a bag for a character I care about a lot from my husbandos series
>It's not good
>try to give small pieces of advice to maybe help a bit like making an insert, taking off chains and straps, making a cleaner rosette
"Wow that sounds like a lot of work...I can't do any of that because I suck at sewing."

>> No.9953522

>>9953516
this happened to me with someone whos making a bag with the same character im doing

>girl looks up to my bag wants to do one too
>I happily give her advice and tell her sites and places to go
>few weeks pass
>she has a heart bag with stickers and bootleg merch in it
>give her a critique and give more advice
>leaves me on seen

I don’t know what I did wrong

>> No.9953539

>>9953516
Being an amateur isn't a get out of jail free card for critical thinking. If they can't even bother to put forth minimal effort for their bag, then they really don't care about that character.
I've kind of just accepted that this attitude is widespread in most itabag communities so I pretty much stopped talking to newcomers.

>>9953522
You did nothing wrong. There are a lot of casuals who just want a nerd bag but also don't want to spend the time and money that go into a good bag.

>> No.9953577

>>9953539
>There are a lot of casuals who just want a nerd bag but also don't want to spend the time and money that go into a good bag.

This
There’s only so much you can do to whenever it comes to casuals.

On another note
While Itabagging isn’t really a competition, I personally strive to have the best bag of my character. Especially since he’s really popular, there’s a lot of people bagging him and I really want to stand out and have the best one. Does anyone else feel this? I always want to be the best/ not out of maliciousness or anything but I love coming up with ways to be more over the top.

>> No.9953614
File: 7 KB, 491x150, 1530214447148.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9953516
Could be worse you could have this person

>> No.9953650
File: 445 KB, 1536x2048, DfPa5hyUcAAywZJ.jpg large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This was so fucking last minute for Akon this year hence why its fugly but sharing anyway

>> No.9953653

>>9953650
Please delete.

>> No.9953654

>>9953653

Just jelly anon

>> No.9953659
File: 211 KB, 872x632, 1501802296126.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9953654
Hardly.
It doesn't take long to make a passable insert with some nice contrasting colors, nor does it take very long to appropriately align buttons and charms so they're not haphazardly laying about in a mess. There's pieces uncentered so they're partially covered by the window, and the pins you used to hold them down are visible plain as day. For some reason you opted to throw in fanmerch despite using mostly official, which I would forgive were it not for the fact p5 is the only installment with 10 pages for each character of merch to choose from. This is really the best you can do for your faves?

>> No.9953662

>>9953659
You are right and I know that. But like I said it was all last minute. So I was having a hard time just wanting to take it with me to the con, while just doing it in the span of an hour. It's disassembled right now until I can separate all the merch I have for the two bags I have for it. Don't gotta say delete it could try to be nice and give the advice you just gave right now. I do hope to get it properly done before the next con and meet up I can take it too. Also I have the majority of official merch but I also enjoy some fan merch to fill in gaps. I know it isn't the way to go about it, but I enjoy the little fanart they have.

>> No.9953686

>>9953662
Nayrt but if you know if looks like shit and you're gonna make a new version anyways, why even bother posting it up? Are you specifically looking for critique anon? Or did you feel the need to splerg in the thread because we can't read your mind through a computer screen

>> No.9953740

>>9953686
Just felt like it honestly. And I would definitely like actual critique when I do post the finished bags eventually.

>> No.9953757
File: 136 KB, 720x685, _20180726_230207.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9953650
Drop the fan made pins, they don't match anything. Work on balancing your merch and make an insert.
Better not to debut a bag than to rush a poor one imo.

>> No.9953759

>>9953577
>I personally strive to have the best bag of my character.
Big mood. i dont really compete w the jp bags i see, those are what inspire me and what i strive to be. but i would love to show up ppl who have the same fav as me with my bags~
its not even in a mean spirited way either its just i want even the smallest leeway for bragging rights among a group lol

>> No.9953763

>>9953757
Yeah seeing it they don't. Im debating between two fabrics for inserts. Since persona 5 merch is mostly black and red or black and white. Thank you.

>> No.9953767

>>9953614
She could maybe get one or two official pieces of merch for Ouma for that price, guess she's going the bootleg route.

>> No.9953778

>>9953759
Gotta make sure your e-vagina is large enough to take your entire husband. /d/

>> No.9953789

>>9953653
>>9953686
>>9953757

This is why we can't have nice things
We don't get casually posted WIPs in these threads anymore because no one wants to see anything but a finished bag

>> No.9953801

>>9953789
OP anon didn't mention anything other that it was a last minute bag and that it was ugly. How are we suppose to know if it's WIP or not? For all we know, it might have actually been finished and would you still want to defend those kinds of bags?

I love seeing WIP posts too but anons should at least imply that it's one instead of going "lol here's my ugly bag" so the rest of us aren't trying to figure out what they want from us.

>> No.9953837

>>9953789
>"it's fugly but sharing anyway"
They shared a shitty bag made in a hurry. They knew it and they stated it. People's responses are naturally going to match the effort they put in.

>> No.9953842

>>9953279
Quick tip for you and anyone else who doesn't know-you need to shrink your image down to get it to post correctly. You can do this in regular mspaint if you don't have anything fancy.
>>9953392
I don't usually like flowers in bags, but this one looks very nice.
>>9953577
I don't strive to be the best, I just don't have the budget (or creativity) for it, but I do try to make each bag look good enough that people can tell I really love that character. I really hate seeing bags that were just thrown together in a few days with whatever merch the owner could get cheapest, it seems very disrespectful to the hobby as a whole.
>>9953757
>Better not to debut a bag than to rush a poor one imo
God I feel this so damn much (and wish others did too). I don't expect every person to only post their perfect bag, but at least wait until you get it to a certain level of completeness before posting it and asking for advice. It just seems so lazy to me when someone asks 'what do you think I should do?' and it doesn't even look like they tried at all.

>> No.9953851

>>9953789
If your bag is "made in a rush for a con that weekend" and "you know it's ugly" then why the fuck are you posting it. That's vastly different from posting a WIP and asking for crit

>> No.9953858

>>9953614
Collecting merch of this horrible gremlin is costing me an arm and a leg, get a job or sit the fuck down if you want to bag for him.

>> No.9953901

>>9953614
I'm selling some Ouma merch tomorrow and I almost want to price everything at $27 to spite her lmao.

>> No.9953988
File: 34 KB, 540x960, FB_IMG_1532666083866.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think this is the first good use of the drippy bag that I've seen.

>> No.9954000
File: 592 KB, 500x500, 7dd497d5-9a26-4f84-87e0-103bc3bef54b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9953516
I had a somewhat similar situation just now anon
>someone in the fb group mentions doing a podcast based bag and asks about fanmerch for one of the titles
>point out that the creators don't approve of fanmerch being sold so they should get official merch or make their own
> "Well ACTUALLY anon they just don't like when it's their logo or faces!"
>One of the creators said "please don't sell mass produced, unofficial merch"
It's not that hard, the creators have never wanted fanmerch made. Itabagging was a mistake

>> No.9954021
File: 171 KB, 550x550, 131559749_o6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone ordered the new Zakkamart base? I'm really leaning towards getting one and I planned a layout with the provided measurements, but looking at what I've laid out VS the actual size of the space to put merch in the bag, mine looks so much smaller than what's pictured. I was just wondering if anyone could provide pictures with hand/can badge size reference.

>> No.9954037
File: 132 KB, 1024x1024, anon please.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954021
They already have it on their twitter.

>> No.9954060

>>9953763
No problem! I know it's associated with P4 but a black & white hounds tooth backing might look nice. What fabrics are you thinking of?

>>9953842 whoops sorry, I'm posting on mobile and didn't really think about it.

>> No.9954061

>>9953988
Agreed, I'm so happy to see it used for such a cute Splatoon bag.

>> No.9954072

>>9954000
Itabagging anything outside of the Weeb universe was a mistake

>> No.9954085

>>9954000
Are you talking about TAZ anon? I mean technically Travis said that they can't give explicit permission to people who ask to sell fanmerch. A lot of fanartists are being respectful regardless but they have been super vague about it. I know Clint has boosted fanmerch preorders and bought stuff from fanartists so I can see how that might send a mixed message. They should honestly just make an official post about it.

>> No.9954099
File: 103 KB, 570x1013, il_570xN.1376768894_m0iz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What is everyone's opinion on custom base bags?

>> No.9954118

Sorry I can’t remember if I asked this before, I can’t find anything in the archives so I guess not? Anyway, does anyone remember where to get that huge itabag base that was as big as or even bigger than a human torso? I remember an anon bought it but I can’t find it in the archives.

>> No.9954121

>>9954118
Do you have more details? Is it a backpack or a tote? The big backpack is wego (probably gone by now) and I think zakka has a very big tote.

>> No.9954122
File: 69 KB, 500x600, n1487918613959.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954037
Thank you so much! I didn't know they had a Twitter.

>>9954118
Are you referring to the Wego one? If so they've been discontinued.

>> No.9954123

>>9954099
Some of them like the one you posted are pretty cool.

>> No.9954150

>>9954121
I think it was a backpack?

>>9954122
Oh darn, do you know how I can look it up for reference anyway?

>> No.9954152
File: 91 KB, 600x800, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954150
WEGO デコルームトラベルショルダーバッグ

Doesn't seem like it's up on gocart or zozotown, so if you are trying to snag one, good luck anon.

>> No.9954153 [DELETED] 
File: 23 KB, 332x443, C326A024-FAEE-4C82-8DEE-9F5C9E902C93.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954150
Nevermind I found it, the deco room backpack! Thanks guys.

>> No.9954154
File: 217 KB, 680x510, 66D6613A-B609-48D3-9FAE-CC912A1D4B45.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954152
Thanks for your help!

>> No.9954156

>>9954099
I physically recoiled from this picture.

>>9954085
Justin tweeted his stance on fanmerch recently

>> No.9954167
File: 62 KB, 1080x1080, 37199265_225618188279953_5759467477973073920_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954156
What if they are based around the character you are making a bag of? Like closer to this?

>> No.9954173
File: 203 KB, 944x1200, d01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954167
Anon, the bags you're posting are pretty ugly. I'll dump the custom base bags I have saved.

>> No.9954174
File: 252 KB, 1200x900, d02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954173

>> No.9954176
File: 273 KB, 1200x899, DcrY9EzVwAAMlZP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954174

>> No.9954177
File: 229 KB, 1200x899, DcrchFsVAAAM_xl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954176

>> No.9954179
File: 425 KB, 2048x1536, 1528218105275.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954177

>> No.9954181
File: 87 KB, 1024x692, 01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954179
This one's one of my favs but I'm not familliar with the bag subject so I could be wrong. It looks handmade to me.

>> No.9954183
File: 83 KB, 1024x737, 02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954181

>> No.9954184
File: 139 KB, 1200x872, DcrYz0VVQAUKkoF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954183

>> No.9954185

>>9954173
What is ugly about the 2nd one in particular? Sorry I am wanting to get into itabagging and I am trying to learn. I thought that one was okay because it is themed around a character and that itabags were supposed to be attention grabbing.

>> No.9954188

>>9954185
In my opinion, both of the ones you posted have pretty bad construction. The second one you posted also has really ugly trim around the window. I think the fabric choices for the outside are also not great. First one feels too busy. Second one just doesn't look appealing to me but I'm also not sure what character it's supposed to be themed around.

>> No.9954190
File: 114 KB, 400x460, Stocking.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954188
Ah ok, makes sense. The bag is themed around Stocking Anarchy.

>> No.9954200

>>9954185
The construction of the bag part isn't bad, but the window has an odd shape and gets too close to the edges. The fabric choices are both meh, and the lace is super tacky.

>>9954190
This justifies the fabric somewhat, but the colors aren't close enough to be immediately recognizable.

>> No.9954208

>>9954200
So what would have been better for a bag base with this theme? I agree about the black ricrac in particular, but I also thought that since this is a itabag, the lace part didn't matter too much. And that the heart window was supposed to be big. Also what kind of fabric would have been better?

>> No.9954249

> joins the discord
> Arch trying to use someone else's name
> idiot didn't read the intros kek
> you're still Arch
> Arch <

Inb4 say something on the discord because this bitch fucking lives there now

>> No.9954250

>>9954249
say something on the discord that tells me who the fuck arch is

>> No.9954279

I'm planning out a bag for Ignis and I came across some coasters from the Square Enix cafe on a secondhand website, would it be possible/reasonable to make them into badges?

>> No.9954281

>>9954279
Coade has coaster covers.

>> No.9954284

>>9954279
What other anon said. You can also try to back it up with cardboard afterwards and hot glue a pin back if you want to make it sturdier.

>> No.9954289

>>9954208
The lace would be better off it were good quality, that lace looks like cheap plastic stuff from Joanns.

>> No.9954294

>>9954281
>>9954284
I found the coaster covers, thank you guys!

>> No.9954303

>>9954249
>>9954250
I don't quite understand what you're trying to even say here.

>> No.9954307

>>9954085
Yeah, it's the person asking where to find the rest of a TAZ button set. I was always under the impression that you could make fanmerch to give out, you just couldn't sell it. The last I saw was Justin saying "please don't buy unofficial stuff off of redbubble" and that he said commissions were okay after that. I may have missed another tweet after that.

>> No.9954308
File: 139 KB, 540x540, 963A3B43-EB61-4C20-898B-D5242DB0B6A0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954303
I wished people would stop bringing up drama unless said individual is some sort of scammer.

>> No.9954312

>>9954308
i don't even think people on the discord know what the fuck >>9954249 is talking about

>> No.9954313

>buy a sort of rare item from a seller
>they don’t send out the item within a couple of days
>message them, they don’t answer but are clearly active on the site
>more days go buy, I visit their profile again and discover two negative reviews people have left recently about the seller
>one states it took forever for the seller to ship the item, and that the seller didn’t ship it because they were taking pics wearing the item.
>The other states they never got their item and the seller made up excuses that she “forgot”

It sucks because I’ve been looking for this item forever, and I don’t know if I should pester them more so I can get the damn thing or just give up and ask for a refund

>> No.9954314

>>9954249
I just saw what you're referring to and you're a fucking moron. An obviously new moron.

>> No.9954319 [DELETED] 

>>9954312
If it's Arch#8970 then they're a notorious wanker from another community hiding under another name. JFC guess I'm not joining the discord if that cunt is there

>> No.9954326 [DELETED] 

>>9954319
Oh god Arch. I feel sorry for poor Castor getting their name sullied by this asshole who can't even get the katakana right. It's no wonder Castor uses something different on that discord.

Arch you're not fooling anyone stop shitting someone else's name up because lol persona movie. You never used that name before until a few months ago you're just being the bastard you are.

>> No.9954328

>>9954319
>>9954326
I rarely make the effort to go further than my friend circle so thanks for the heads up and the clarification.

>> No.9954332
File: 39 KB, 251x377, Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 12.40.17 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954319
>>9954326
??????????

>> No.9954335

>>9954332
OH FUCK IT IS THEM LOL

>> No.9954350

>>9954085
The problem is, they CAN'T make an official post about it. In the eyes of the law there is no differentiation between artist alley fan merch and some place like hot topic slapping it on a T-shirt and mass producing the property without paying royalties. Saying fanart merch is okay someplace where it's traceable puts them in a bad situation if a major corporation tries to take advantage of it.

Copyright and trademark law is really weird like that.

this video is a little different because it's about a nerd community catchphrase (not specifically an IP like a podcast) but it's a good overview of the issue in better words than mine -
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaVy_QCa1RQ

There are some ways around this issue, but all of them require a legal team to implement or at least a dedicated intern familiar with how copyright/trademark works in order to run it long term. That's something indy nerd companies generally can't or don't want to deal with. Besides, the lawyer would give the sound advice to just shut up and not say anything because it's always the safest option.

The redbubble thing specifically is pretty sticky. They might not like it just because it's a mass market product online, and therefore direct opposition to their own merch (unlike AA merch which is short run). OR, they could just be pissed about repeatedly issueing takedown requests for their logo on stickers on redbubble and a blanket statement is the safest way to forbid it.

I work in merchandising professionally, and it's a mess.

>> No.9954352

>>9954350
Isn't this the reason booth by pixiv is really picky about what series are allowed fan merch?

Personally I hate fan stuff in bags if your series has a ton of official, but for those indie titles this is the only way people can show love

>> No.9954353

>>9954332
Soo... what do they do?

>> No.9954355

>>9954353
almost nothing that's why i'm so confused

>> No.9954356

>>9954355
Looking at post history they barely post and when they do it's fairly innocuous. I smell vendetta.

>> No.9954357

spill the deets what reason do you have to be vague

>> No.9954383

>>9954352
Probably a similar rule, but I'm not fluent in Japanese so I don't have a good handle on the specifics of Japanese Trademark/Copyright law, which will have different loopholes. These laws are country specific, so you have to register for a Trademark in each country you want to enforce it in individually.

I actually love bags that include fan merch, as long as the fan merch is transformative and doesn't look like a bootleg of official stuff (different art style, shipping, whatever).

>> No.9954384 [DELETED] 

>>9954356
There's no denying its a vendetta. Arch is acting nice the discord but they've shit all over people in the past and treated their friends like fucking crap. They're a toxic piece of shit who manipulates everyone around them. I've sat and watched them shit talk another persona fan in great detail in the past just because Arch hates the idea that they could possibly be wrong.

Sorry Castor that Arch is stealing your name in the same damn discord you're in. I'm in 4 other discords with you and this is the only one I've ever seen you use anything else I can see why now. Sorry you have to put up with this hun. Fucking ironic they stole the name from the movie though lmao it means they've barely been using it a few months. I thought we'd gotten rid of Arch for good to hear this is just sad, really fucking sad.

>> No.9954388

>>9954384
Stop dragging og castor into this, they've been on hiatus for a while and they use a different name because it's a 4ch server. Even I don't use my usual handle on the discord. I'm quite sure they mentioned they just blocked Arch so they didn't have to deal with the name confusion. But I know I wouldn't want to be dragged into this drama if I'm not even around. Leave the poor girl out of it

>> No.9954402

>>9954384
post actual details or shut up about her, you're just shitting up the thread otherwise.

>> No.9954406

>>9954319
Who the fuck is Arch and what did they do? Can >>9954384 or someone give more detail? Can't exile someone from the Discord when we don't know what they've done in detail.

>> No.9954414

>>9954406
Orrrrr maybe? Talk? To the mod/admin of the discord before continuously going off topic in the thread???

>> No.9954418

Does anyone else get unreasonably salty about people who obviously want to make an itabag just to hop on the bandwagon and ask shit like
>I want to make an itabag. Who should I make a bag for?
>I want to make a bag for (character). What bag should I use?
>Should I make a bag for all of my fandoms? I don't want to collect merch of only one series/character.

>> No.9954425

>>9954418
I feel like those things are only asked by kids, so I just ignore them if anything.

>> No.9954427

>>9954418
Yes. The people who ask these questions are the itabagger version of people who are lolitas at heart.

>>9954425
I've seen these questions being asked by adults too.

>> No.9954443
File: 336 KB, 1200x900, 8E0F3F70-A574-429F-8348-A1671203A783.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954427
I want to believe people aren't that dumb.
Will be posting some bags because thread got derailed a bit.

>> No.9954446

>>9954443
People of all ages can be dumb.
That aside, I used to really hate these badge frame bags, but they've really grown on me. They're a good way to keep a bag looking cohesive. I just wish the roses in the bag were a dark red instead of orange though.

>> No.9954452
File: 235 KB, 1200x861, 68F620F1-5B96-4E92-8EE0-2FCB0CA6E567.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954443
Speaking of dark red roses.

>> No.9954454 [DELETED] 

>>9954402
>>9954406
I dunno if you can't read or what but they just explained??? They're an abusive and toxic person with a history of manipulating their friends who's hiding under a new name. You want their full fucking life story or something?

>> No.9954459 [DELETED] 

>>9954454
Don't forget they're using the name of someone -in the same discord- and have forced them out. I don't know the full story behind Arch but this is far from the first time the name has come up in the persona fandom

>> No.9954462

>>9954454
a history that's never come up in the server they've been in for months without incident now? this is all he-said-she-said bullshit if you're not going to give any actual history, yes. "abusive" and "toxic" are nothing more than buzzwords when there's literally no evidence or context about why you're calling them that.

DM the admin if you're truly concerned and get it the fuck out of the thread.

>> No.9954466
File: 338 KB, 1200x900, 4C0439D3-86B1-4843-890A-1ACE0FC008A4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954452

>> No.9954470
File: 286 KB, 1200x900, 4C4111A4-1F05-4224-879F-5FE532F53346.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954466

>> No.9954471

>>9954384
Im glad im not in this discord. Honestly as bad as you described arch, someone you mention “barely posts and when they do its innocuous”, at least theyre not a coward who shitposts someone under the safety of anonymity. This problem is so easily solveable too. How hard is it to tell someone “hey theres another castor who has been here longer, and things are getting confusing, can you change it?”

Child.

>> No.9954475

>>9954471
Dude people change name all the time in the discord, I bet no one fucking noticed

>> No.9954476

>>9954466
Never thought I’d see another Andersen bag. And with merch I didn’t know about. Thanks for posting, anon, this is giving me some good inspiration.

>> No.9954477

>>9954459
If someone changing their username is enough to force someone out of a discord, then that person has bigger problems they need to address.

>> No.9954479

Shoutout to whichever janitor is deleting the discord drama from this thread.

>> No.9954482
File: 237 KB, 1200x872, 146A4BEF-F46C-43F6-BFE4-A665DDF0DEF9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954470

>> No.9954483
File: 253 KB, 1200x673, D832C270-7F8D-4737-91DA-6DB8E238D5DB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954482
I wish they had an insert for the bootleg swimmer. I love the concept but it looks plain with the empty spaces.

>> No.9954488
File: 244 KB, 1200x900, 9FD43D8C-6DE0-4038-89E6-49C6D2264821.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954483

>> No.9954489
File: 314 KB, 1200x1200, 80DAC982-C101-4560-9820-F16E664FAEC6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954488

>> No.9954493
File: 321 KB, 960x960, 0DAACFB9-E9C5-442F-8F10-741A024B02C3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954489

>> No.9954495
File: 325 KB, 960x960, 2A503879-C10F-4C78-8E81-CDF761056264.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954493

>> No.9954499

>>9954477
It's bullshit entirely. The person is actually in hospital right now that's why they're not on discord ffs it's got nothing to do with Arch

>> No.9954522

>>9954279
Gotta say I'm excited for your bag, anon! I've been meaning to make a Gladio and Ignis bag for ages but have been having financial issues so progress is on hold.

>> No.9954531

>>9954208
>the heart window was supposed to be big
It's supposed to be big, but it feels "too big" in a sense? It would be cuter if the heart was rounder and there were even margins instead of having it go right up to the seams.
The problem with the fabric is that it's close-ish, but not actually close enough to be recognizable. The pink should be less neon, and I think if the rest of the bag was the same navy as her hair, it would be better.

>> No.9954546

>>9954099
I think custom base bags can be a cool thing IF they are made well. The bag you posted-the corners and sides of the bag look wonky, but the stitching around the vinyl looks nice and even (and the little pearls are a cute touch) so even though I really dislike the fabric, I think this looks ok-ish (Let me guess though-Steven Universe?)
>>9954167
This does not look good. Again the sides look bad (maker couldn't be bothered to match up the stripes?),the vinyl looks scratched already, and the ric rac and scratchy lace make it look cheap as hell. >>9954190 The colors look fine on Stocking-they are separated by other colors and fit their shapes, but on a bag they clash way too much.

>> No.9954626
File: 12 KB, 325x279, IMG_20180611_211527.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw getting back into itabagging after a long break
>always had to have fully handmade bag, but really just want to buy merch this time around
>tfw your new bag is going to be all handmade again

>> No.9954766
File: 77 KB, 339x339, 20.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954037
oh wow that greeeeeen!

>> No.9954770

>>9954154
>WEGO デコルームトラベルショルダーバッグ
theres a blue one on mercari

>> No.9954787
File: 459 KB, 1536x2048, DVDtB8jVAAAr1LF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954626
Yakuza has a ton of fan merch. Some of it is preorder-only, but if you stalk twitter you'll find stuff.

>> No.9954870
File: 133 KB, 640x480, TR7665.JPG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9954531
>>9954546
Thank you so much for the input. Story on the Stocking bag, it is a commission from etsy. I designed it, but I really didn't get to choose the trims. I asked for lace with black ribbon, similar to the picture, so I am still kind of peeved about that. I did ask for the striped fabric though. Due to a misunderstanding, I have suspicions that the bag might be fabric dyed, or cheaper quality fabric. Long story short, I am most likely going to remake the bag with some help. I have one last question. How can I keep the vinyl from getting scratched up?

>> No.9954957

>>9954870
I'm guessing it was pretty costly too? RIP. Honestly, I think you might be better off looking for existing navy or black bags and making a pink insert.

>> No.9954960

>>9954957
I needed mine a certain size though, and making or designing a base seemed more in spirit to me personally at the time. I guess there is a reason this isn't done that much. Thank you, and I think I will just get a premade base in the size I need.

>> No.9955152

Does anyone have any examples of holographic bags that don't look like shit? Whether it's the bag itself or the insert. I have a cringy character who's very 80s sci fi and it seems perfect but I'm worried it'll drown the merch out

>> No.9955159

>>9954870
>How can I keep the vinyl from getting scratched up?
Just have to be careful. Make sure you don't just plop the bag down vinyl side first, try not to scoot past people in hallways if you can, make sure it doesn't get folded over, things like that.
You can keep it clean with just a damp cloth

>> No.9955217

>MFW friend is selling a character bundle
>They overprice their sales to make profit
>Won't give me a small discount on bundle
>I've given them extremely high character tax merch as gifts in the past
>Guess I'll just buy through ota/mercari

They're not obligated to give me discounts but damn, now I know where our friendshiplies. I guess I won't be giving them gifts anymore.

>> No.9955243

>>9955217
>giving gifts with the expectation you'll be paid back for them
This is on you, not them. If you wanted to be compensated, you should have traded merch instead.

>> No.9955283

>>9955217
not everyone places the same value on things, anon. i get that it can feel sucky sometimes, since i also give a lot of gifts to friends that aren't always the cheapest, but i don't think them not cutting me a discount in return means they're automatically ungrateful. it'd sure be nice, but that isn't how gifting works, especially if you've never voiced you believe that treatment should be reciprocated.

>> No.9955393

How do you guys price stuff to sell to the weebs on the fb sales group? How much do you guys mark your stuff up?

>> No.9955407

>>9955393
A few dollars, but I'm always a bit too desperate to get it sold as soon as possible.

>> No.9955886

>>9955407
Understandable. I have a character who used to have high character tax but his popularity dropped off so I feel out of the loop with pricing.

>> No.9955890
File: 214 KB, 468x468, 1529202809533.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw into a series with an already dying fandom
>friend tells me they're in 8 discord groups centered around the series but they're all pretty quiet
it's so hard to keep up the motivation for bagging my husbando when there's so few people to talk about it with.
On the bright side of dying/dead fandoms, the merch becomes dirt cheap so it's easy to bag for them.
Fandoms taking a nose dive in popularity/dying off is such an upsetting reality

>> No.9955917

>>9955890
I counter you with

> into a popular series
> but all the fans are 15 year old special needs
> can't find older fans to discuss with but they're out there somewhere

>> No.9955924

>>9955917
Ah touché anon
that is suffering

>> No.9956422

>>9955890
>into niche series
>fans are autissimo major, screeching fujos, or both
The worst thing is that this series has high cult following potential, so annoying fuckers from when the anime aired a few years ago are still around. I wished the English fandom would roll over and die.

>> No.9956443

>>9956422
Which series is it anon?

>> No.9956496

>>9956422
This but an indie video game I can't bag because there's no merch.
>Fujoshits aggressively shipping paedophile character.
>lately a surge of them insulting my best boy because he's not their ideal fuck toy.
>"There's no lore there's no canon!" There is lore. Lrn2read.

>> No.9956499
File: 231 KB, 1200x900, kitazawa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have examples of bags that are primarily one character but have a few pieces of merch (like 1 or 2, not a lot) of another character as well?

Who I'm bagging really loves this other character that I'm personally not a fan of, but I was hoping to possibly incorporate some of his merch since she loves him so much. Would that be silly? I was considering maybe putting a few things of his on the outside.

Unrelated, but I really love orange/yellow bags. It's such a good color.

>> No.9956543

>>9956496
I really need to know, what the heck is this?

>> No.9956602

>>9956499
I unfortunately don't but now I'm curious as well; I have a character I'm bagging for that has several pieces of merch with his SO and while I like her too I wanted the focus to be him. I don't think it's silly at all, taking the character into consideration like that is sweet.

>> No.9956685

>>9956422
i ghostwrote this

>> No.9956804
File: 2.43 MB, 1186x1294, Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 12.51.50 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like the aesthetics of this, but she really needs to work out the issues with construction before she starts selling them. That star needs some interfacing or support or something around it, it's bunching up around all the edges. $70 isn't a lot for custom clothing, but it feels like it for amateur craftsmanship.

>> No.9956997

>>9956804
This is really cute and has a lot of potential, but I wish the window was higher on the back.

>> No.9957026

>>9956804
She probably did it in a hurry to post it
Wasn't really a fan of the "ita" pants she tried to show off, seems like a pain in the ass to walk in but this idea seems nicer

>> No.9957061

>>9956804
This is what the itasweater should have looked like.

>> No.9957541

>>9956804
The idea is cute but holy shit all that buckling

>> No.9957828

>>9956804
>>9956997
>>9957026
>>9957061
>>9957541
It looks like she only started taking comms after people requested it, which I guess is fair. Maybe a few jackets down the line they'll be a bit more polished.

>> No.9958132

>>9957828
Oh for sure, I wasn't shitting on it. As a proof of concept it's great and definitely the cutest "itagarment" I've seen, I'm excited to see where she goes with it.

>> No.9958663

>>9956499
I actually am bagging for a character that has a full on squad in canon, and I love them all desu. So I’ve been trying to get a matching button set of all 5 of them so they’re all represented in the bag (just 1 of each so it doesn’t look jumbled and out of place)
But honestly if another character has a strong connection to your fav/they have merch together, as long as it’s only a couple of pieces I think it’s p cute to see. Especially if their color is the opposite of your fav’s it’s like a little sudden color pop amidst your fav’s main color.

>> No.9958704

anyone have any pics of the zakkamart frill bags in action? ive been planning on buying one but i'd love to see some pics of them being used for inspo (and so i can pick the right size)

>> No.9959526

>>9956543
I know this thread is dead but it's Dead By Dalight.