[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 174 KB, 738x1049, 1519877882881.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9887231 No.9887231 [Reply] [Original]

Since the actual dream dress thread is basically just WTB thread number 2, thought it'd be nice to put discussion here.

>How do you decide something is a dream piece vs. just a general WTB?
>How many dream pieces are you currently looking for?
>How many have you already found?
>What’s the longest you’ve been looking for a particular piece? What is it?
>Do your dreams change often, or not at all?
>Is it usually love at first sight, or do you have pieces that have grown on you and then become dreams?
>Are you willing to pay anything at all for a dream piece, or do you set limits (like never above retail)?
>How often do you look for your dream pieces?
>Where/how have you been most successful in finding them?
>Any particularly devastating moments where you’ve missed getting a dream piece?
>Related stories involving dream pieces, etc.

>> No.9893733

A dream piece is something that I think about frequently when not considering my collection of WTB. There is something special that draws me towards it. I tend to prioritize my WTBS with the second highest desired items being "dream" pieces, and the highest grails. I consider something a grail when I obsess over it but also feel I may never find it within my means or it may take a long, patient, agonizing wait.

Probably 7 items, but not all are main pieces. Some are accessories for a dress I already own and really want to complete the set.

Out of my two tiers about a dozen or so.

About two and a half years. It is a printless dress by AP that few care about.

Rarely. Once something is a dream it stays that way, though I do grow a lot.

>Is it usually love at first sight, or do you have pieces that have grown on you and then become dreams?
It can go either way.

>Are you willing to pay anything at all for a dream piece, or do you set limits (like never above retail)?
I have set limits based on my financial means. Out of that I'm willing to pay what I can without taking away from other priorities.

Frequently throughout the week.

Honestly, mostly when I'm patient on LM and ask for a layaway.

>Any particularly devastating moments where you’ve missed getting a dream piece?
Devastating moments seem to only happen between the usable gaps of my disposable income. I'll find one of those items I want and we are just a week away from the funds opening up again, and by the time I'm ready it is gone.

I was gifted my highest grail piece.

>> No.9893761

I know it's a DD when I don't even give a damn about being scalped or paying more than current market price.
Non-DD items, I'd like to have them but never owning them wouldn't make me feel any regrets.
Never owning my DD's would definitely be something I will regret.
Since 2005, a piece I couldn't afford at the time of it's release.
One day, I'll own it, pray to Mana-sama it's soon cause waiting 13 years is long enough.
Not often, though, some DD's I bought are no longer DD's.
I didn't add those to my found DD's btw, if I did it'd be 11 DD's but kinda lost interest in that particular style.
Yes, it always is love at first sight.
I'm willing to be scalped and pay above average going price depending on the condition, rarity, etc but within reason/limits of course.
Everyday, wasn't always that obsessed but have been for about 7 years now.
Japanese sales.
Yeah, couple of times.
But I keep going, you have to keep the faith!
Ehhh nothing interesting desu.

>> No.9894289

Dream of making coords with it. Want to buy it immediately. Get angry at itas wearing it. (petty I know)
Not long considering I haven't been a lolita long.
I have changed my mind on a colorway of a dress.
both
never above retail
when I have money, I look daily.
Mercari and Lacemarket
A seller on Mercari wouldn't sale to my ss because the seller didn't want foreigners buying from them.
nope

>> No.9894385

If it is something that I'd been unsuccessfully hunting down for multiple years.

Hmmm...probably about 4

7 years. Vampire Requiem long JSK in lavender

Not usually. The pieces currently on my list have been there for about a decade and I still can't find/buy them. For it to be a dream dress, it has to be something that is not an easy purchase.

Usually it is something that I immediately knew I wanted.

Of course I set limits. It would be irresponsible of me not to. I've seen one of my dream dresses for sale several times, but always over $1500 USD, which I'm not willing to pay. I'm a patient person. Eventually, something in my price range will appear.

I have saved searches on eBay and LaceMarket, which will send me notifications if they're posted to those sites for sale. Otherwise, it's just casual browsing of various Japanese sites.

Honestly, there hasn't been one source. I've found my currently achieved dream items on a variety of platforms from a variety of countries.

Yes. I'd posted a WTB on Facebook, back when LSiE was rather new-ish. Someone replied to my post (rather than PMing me), to say they had the dress for sale. By the time I woke up the next morning, someone else had PM'd the seller first and sniped the dress.

>> No.9894386

>>9894385
I should clarify that the longest I've been looking for a piece is 15 years.
7 years is the longest I was looking before I *found* that particular item.

>> No.9894438

I have to think about it constantly and think of coords I could create

5 years, The Sugary Carnival jsk made me fall in love with the fashion so I would love to have it in my collection

Not really, I still see some pieces I really like but I don't think about them as often as I do with dream dresses

Love at first sight most definitely, I have specific taste so pieces don't usually grow on me if I'm not wowed immediately

for specific pieces I'm willing to pay anything (with reason) but other pieces I'll only be willing to go a little above retail

Lately I've been looking for Halloween Treats often, if I can't find a listing on a secondhand site then I watch unboxing videos because I'm a sad poorfag

Haven't been able to find any in my price range or preferred colorway

One time someone on LM was selling the Halloween Treats OP in ivory with the matching beret, otks, and ring. I had hoped and prayed no one would buy it till I had the money but we can all dream.

>> No.9894472

With general WTBs, I don't mind waiting for a good deal, I let them go if I'm not happy with the price or the condition. I am willing to fight for the dream items, pay extra, ask for holds or payment plans, borrow money if I don't have enough disposable funds on hand, etc. Having dream items forces me to be patient, plan my budget and savings and do my best to own them someday.

1.5 years and still looking (yeah I'm a newfag)

Not drastically, a few dresses I considered DDs have lost that status before or after I'd bought them, but those I consider holy grails have not changed.

It's a mix of both, but the highest priority DDs are usually love at first sight.

I am hoping that my main holy grails will stay within the 500$ limit (that's how much I've seen other colorways go for), my only expensive dream piece is Puppet Circus in black and I doubt I'll ever own it.

Daily

It's a pretty even split between Lacemarket and Fril.

Not yet

Out of all of my dream pieces, I've only seen one in person before I bought it, and it's my biggest holy grail (a girl in my comm has it). It makes me wonder sometimes how different my taste could've been if I had more opportunities to see/touch the dresses instead of admiring the pictures.

>> No.9894567
File: 23 KB, 700x700, 05241436_5743e8686b138.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just added this BOZ op to my DreamList. I'm not sure how hard it is to snatch it, but I'll keep on searching.

>> No.9894809

>>9887231
Have hallucinatory dreams involving that piece.

I've been actively wearing lolita for 4 years, and know the dress for for 5 ish years? Angelic Pretty Shantung OP.

Some pieces do, but Shantung never.

One piece I actually didn't like it at first, but couldn't stop thinking about it until I finally got it. Other pieces are love at first sight.

Depends on ow much money I have at the time, and what type of piece it is. The highest I've ever paid for a dream piece is 400$ (retail price about 250$). If I can do a payment plan, I will do it regardless.

Every time I'm window shopping, although it's kind of annoying to go through 100+ pages of sugary pastel stuff that isn't really my style, with no success.

On dying Livejournal sales posts.

On the dress that I paid 400$ for, someone sniped my dream colorway for 220$ while I was asleep. I stayed up until around 5 am when there was only one hour left on the auction and I was sure I'd win, so I went to sleep (I was so naive). When I woke up, I'd lost the auction. Never again lol.

I've never seen my DD in pictures beside that one picture everybody knows. Don't believe I'll ever see it desu.

>> No.9894840

Dream dress: A dress that is perfect for me (perfect for my body type, perfect cut/print, a dress that is 100% my aesthetic, a dress that I have a lot of coords in mind for)
WTB: A dress I like but I could also settle for a similar dress. I don't really have to have it.
Less than 5.
About 10
7 years for JetJ dragon-chan (I got it with the re-release).
I changed them quite a lot in the past. My style preference went from gothic to sweet classic, so normal classic, then to otome-kei and now grandma-kei classic, and this is where I (and my DDs) have settled.
It is usually love at first sight.
I will above retail for most dream dresses if they are in good condition. I won't settle for a well-worn or damaged piece since I intend to wear my DDs a lot.
Every few days, I don't really have that much time on my hands atm.
Mercari/fril.
Someone snatched an extremely rare dress from an instore CC just minutes before my SS could get there.
My SS got outbidded on a DD last minute and I lost the auction. A few days later she saw the item pop up on mercari for incredibly cheap and instantly bought it for me knowing it would be too late if she first contacted me about it and waited for my confirmation.

>> No.9894922

>>9894840
>My SS got outbidded on a DD last minute and I lost the auction. A few days later she saw the item pop up on mercari for incredibly cheap and instantly bought it for me knowing it would be too late if she first contacted me about it and waited for my confirmation.

Damn, that's good service. Who do you use?

>> No.9894959

>>9894567
Catch you in the ring bitch.

>> No.9896011

>>9894959
Didn't they recently put it up for order?

>> No.9896079

I separate my WTB in tiers. I've got Dream Dresses, then high priority WTB, medium priority, low priority, then "I'll buy it eventually" tier.
4! Though one came with a missing piece, so I guess it's 3.5.
Around 10 months- Sweetie Violet OP, which I bought during the April MTO.
I've been into lolita for less than a year, so my search isn't as long as other gulls'. I'm prepared to wait much longer for my other uncommon DDs though.
Sort of. Back when I was starting lolita, I made a list of "dream prints" but I've realized they weren't really DDs. I've developed my own style since then so I don't have that problem anymore and my list is consistent.
Love at first sight.
I'll pay whatever depending on the condition.
Every day.
Lacemarket and Japanese secondhand/auctions.
I purchased my ultimate holy grail from a facebook seller who ended up blocking me. I got her banned from the sales group and got my money back but I'm still devastated and skirtless.
I had a DD long before I started wearing lolita (and was too fat to fit into most brand pieces). My SO bought it for me as a birthday gift/introduction piece to lolita!

>> No.9896087

>>9896011
It's one of those pieces that they'll re-release every so often in various color combinations.
It's really nothing to 'cassh me ouusside' for, especially since it's highly unlikely anyone from /cgl/ could fit into it.

>> No.9896467

>>9896087
>it's highly unlikely anyone from /cgl/ could fit into it.
Don't underestimate Moitié fags, anon. Keeping my smol asian measurements with success

>> No.9896582

>>9894472
>It makes me wonder sometimes how different my taste could've been if I had more opportunities to see/touch the dresses instead of admiring the pictures.

I feel this so hard. Going to meets and seeing what others well as well as going to Japan made me appreciate so many dresses more than my initial glance. For instance that slightly shimmery/glittery fabric Baby/AatP use that looks like absolute shit in stock images but is actually kind of beautiful in person. But for now many of my dream dresses are just based on stock image quality as I'll probably never see them in person.

>> No.9896649

Opening another discussion:
Is there any particular reason you chose your DD, what do you specifically like about the cut/colour of your dream dresses?

Do you get annoyed when others link you the wrong one?

>> No.9896794

>>9896467
>implying moitiefags fit into their brand
I know at least 2 whales who have a closet full of moitie and only fit into their fully shirred op's.

>> No.9896860

>>9896794
W-what..? That must be so tough.. but I guess it really shows their dedication to the brand.

>> No.9896875

I used to have a long list of dream dresses but when I started with Lolita I didn't had a lot of money. So whenever I had money I didn't wanted to wait weeks/months for a dream dress to pop, so I just searched for any dress I liked and was affordable and bought it.

Now my closet is full of non-dream dresses (which I still love) but I don't wear Lolita often enough anymore to justify hunting my dream dresses.

>> No.9896888

>>9896875
you can just sell some of those other dresses or trade them for dream dresses

>> No.9896891

>>9896860
it shows their dedication to their shopping addiction. either that or they see it as a collecting hobby more than a fashion (you get those people who collect anything mana related). i mean, i love moitie and that's why i'm happier to see people actually wear it.

>> No.9896913

I don't really know. Maybe for me it just 'is' a dream piece. I'll keep thinking about it and it'll be something I'm actively looking for when I search second hand sites.
Well, I'm poor right now, so I'm not always able to look for the things I want. I guess I'm not looking for anything at the moment, but there's certain pieces that I'm always kind of thinking about.
I've been looking for cinema doll in lavender since it came out (I wasn't wearing lolita back then but knew I had to have it).
Not really. If I love something I love it, it'll probably continue like that for a long while.
I don't have the archetypal lolita body so I have to think a lot about whether it's suitable for me. If I know it won't fit well or at all, or it'll be too short on me, it has to leave the list. I'll still love it, but I won't actively search for it because I can't wear it.
Im unable to fork out a load for a single dress, I do have to set restrictions. I guess I'd never pay over retail (though I have paid retail for new things, so I'm a little hypocritical) but that's just to stop myself from going into debt by buying every dress I want.
I don't really, I'll just be browsing second hand stuff with them in the back of my mind. 4 times a month?
I lost a bidding war on a really good deal ($100) for a rare DD. I cried.

>> No.9896915

>>9896913
Oops I missed a question:
I've got 3 of them from y!A, two from closet child and one from wunderwelt. And now I realise that I've found 6 dream dresses, not 5. Doh.

>> No.9896918

I'm really shit at it. My "dream dresses" change all the time.
This week, 1
I own all my early lolita dream dresses from eight years ago now, so probably only four years.
I don't know the difference between a DD and a high-priority WTB, so yes. They change all the time, but are always broadly the same dresses.
Most of my DDs have grown on me.
I'm not willing to pay over retail unless it's a very high demand item. But most of my DDs are not highly in demand.
I scroll sites a few times a day, but I'm not very efficient about it.
I've got all my original DDs from my early lolita days. I just found them through patience and Yahoo Auctions.
Not really, no.
It's not a story, but I'm so scared of ruining my DDs that I haven't worn any of them out. I'm a daily lolita, but I feel very differently about my DDs and my daily closet. How do you all find the confidence to wear your most precious dresses day to day?

>> No.9897468

A dream dress is something that I've been wanting for a long time, is rare/hard to obtain

2: Angelic Pretty Doll House Grey/Pink (JSK but at this point I'd settle for the OP)
Angelic Pretty Puppet Circus (White OP)

Around 10

I'm still looking for it, and that's at least over 10 years

Love at first sight

If I had the money I'd be willing to pay big bucks. Right now my budget doesn't allow for much though. But I could probably stretch it to 300 USD for the grey/pink dollhouse.

Not as often as I used to to be honest

Japanese second hand market

The Dollhouse was for sale on a mercari-style website from my country and I missed it by a few hours, and it was dirt cheap too. I did try doing an ugly and offering to pay triple but the seller was an honorable person and sold it the one who asked for it first. Can't deny that I'm bitter about it though.

I just don't understand why its so god damn hard to find that dress, as far as I know, it's not even popular. The frustration is real.

>> No.9897474

>>9896918
sage for unrelated but you shouldn't be scared of wearing your dresses. Good brand isn't as sensitive like people make them out to be. I mean I don't know which particular dresses you have but my printed dresses, for example, I can easily throw in the washing machine if they get dirty.

>> No.9897488

>>9897474
I'm not throwing Gothic Arch in the washing machine, Anon. But I'll try with my non-moitie DDs! Thanks!

>> No.9897510

>>9897488
I have holy Queen and it's fine in the washing machine. Is gothic arch very different?

>> No.9897628

>>9897510
nayrt, but if it's the original Gothic Arch then the material is really weird. It's like a super heavy suit material that honestly feels pretty plasticy. I've hand washed mine with no issue, I'm sure it'll be fine in the wash, but the weird material makes me a tiny bit nervous so I haven't tossed it in yet. It is a different material than Holy Queen, but the print looks like it was done the same way.

>> No.9897655
File: 15 KB, 368x417, 27657329_10210374943963710_9092114107777369417_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dream dresses are rare/HTF dresses that I'll immediately buy when I see them. General WTB pieces are pieces I'll only buy if I find them for a good price.

6. They're all uncommon Moitie dresses so I'll be hunting for a long time.

5+ years (pic related). I'm hoping they re-release it since it looks like a lot of really old stuff is being re-released rn.

Not often.

Usually love at first sight. The pieces that grew on me over time look good in person but bad in photos.

I refuse to pay prices that are excessively above the typical going rate, but I'm fine if the average price is well over retail. Most of my dream dresses are stupidly expensive.

I check LM and auctions daily.

Mercari/Fril.

I overslept and missed my DD auction by less than a minute. The winning bidder beat me by like 50 yen.

While I was at work, my best friend spotted one of my dream dresses for super cheap on Mercari and put in an order with her SS immediately so that I wouldn't miss out.

>>9897628
I've put my original Gothic Arch in the washing machine (delicate cycle, cold water) dozens of times and the dress doesn't look to be damaged in any way if that makes you feel any better. Haven't tried putting it in the dryer though.

>> No.9900079

Dreams are the ones I just can't stop thinking about.
Only one right now, but it'll probably be a while until I find it since it's a less popular colorway. Just when I thought I'd crossed everything off my list, a new one shows up.
I think 5 or 6? My wardrobe is relatively small, but at least my dream vs. other stuff ratio is good. I just got one this week, but I'm still trying to figure out the perfect coord for it.
I've wanted Baby's heart apron for years and years, way before I actually started wearing lolita and looking for dreams. Otherwise only about a year at most, since none of my dreams have been ultra rare.
Some dresses will fall in and out of dream status, but it's usually the same kind of dress (jewel toned sweet or old school).
Many of them have grown on me, but some I've wanted as long as I can remember.
I'm willing to go slightly over retail if I think I won't find it soon at a better price, but I refuse to be straight up scalped, even for dreams.
I'll have a look round all the sites on most days.
Mostly on the Japanese secondhand market, although one did get rereleased so I bought new then.
No, fortunately. When I hear other gulls' stories my heart hurts.

>> No.9900369

I’ve almost given up trying to find Elizabeth OP in all black, has it ever appeared on sales? How good are my chances?

>> No.9902228

It's that perfect crossroad of wanting it and it being hard to find. Dream pieces get that way because of inaccessibility, there's certainly dresses I own that I would never give up at the going market rate (e.g. Daydreaming Goldfish) but they aren't "dream dresses" because I got them as soon as they were released, so I didn't have a chance to obsess and make coords in my head and spend hours looking.
One
Probably more than half a dozen at this point (in 8 years of actively wearing lolita), but I have fallen out of love with a couple due to my style changing and then gone on to sell them
>What’s the longest you’ve been looking for a particular piece?
Took me ~5 years to find one
Not often, but over months-years I've definitely seen a style shift
Both
Limits, definitely - obviously if the going rate is above retail I have to expect to pay above retail, but if it's a dream dress that usually goes for below retail I'll set retail as my upper limit
If I'm actively looking I will check the major Japanese second hand sites daily, and auctions every few days (because of the time taken to trawl through). I guess I should learn to use weibo and 2.taobao because Chinese market, but I don't think my dream items are popular there.
Completely random. I've gotten stuff from egl_comm_sales, lacemarket, mbok, y!j and closetchild
No

>> No.9902251

>>9900369
I've never seen it.... have you thought about picking up the brown one and dying it? The lace should hold black dye really nicely.

>> No.9905669
File: 155 KB, 500x600, 03271336_5ab9ca55a6c81.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do you think 10 years from now, dresses like pic related will be very rare and wanted because trends/taste have changed, but none of us bought them in 2018 so they don't show up on the Western second-hand market as much?

>> No.9905671

>>9905669
I have solids from 2008-2010 AP I desperately want so probably.

>> No.9905742
File: 27 KB, 225x300, f8869e11-420d-540f-a8cf-f06484ece89c_thumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9905669

I doubt it. Radioactive cupcakes came out in 2008, was unpopular then, and is still unpopular now. It's more common that the bandwagon prints fall in popularity rather than a dress people used to hate on now becomes really popular.

If you're thinking of the kuragehime dress, it's still pretty unattractive to most people. There's really only one or two anons who are actively looking for the dress because it's an anime collab.

>> No.9905880

>>9905669
I actually want this but am broke so.meh maybe it’ll appear in the future or on sale

>> No.9905916

>>9905669
Isn't that what happened to Honey Cake?

>> No.9905920

I have one dream dress and it's been the same one for 10+ years. I buy it in other cuts and colors but don't have the main one I want yet
Tbh I don't love it as much as I used to but it's like a quest I'm on at this point

>> No.9905921

>>9905742
Iron Gate was available to buy for months, I don't have exact dates but I heard someone bought it new more than half a year after the release

>> No.9905924

>>9905742
What OP posted is a solid though.

>>9905916
Not really. Honey cake isn't that rare, just expensive. There are pieces that rarely show up but always sell for very little, which are the pieces westerners didn't really buy.

>> No.9905925

>>9905669
Maaaaaybe but it's unlikely. Consider for every kuragehime or honey cake there are hundreds of dresses that just go down in price over time like normal.

>> No.9905992
File: 26 KB, 250x333, 1ec438c1-2661-51e9-9ffe-a922b37bc88c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9905921
>>9905924

Both Iron Gate and Honey cake didn't really get roasted as badly as Whipped Magic did though. They were fairly well-liked, just came out in an era where bloodbaths were a rarity rather than the norm, so it's not unusual for a dress to sit around in the shop, and then become popular only after a popular blogger coords it in a nice way.

idk, I get that sissies are making people hate on the green dress OP posted, but even without that association I still don't think it's nice enough to get that sort of turnaround. Maybe a different colourway could become popular, but this one? Eeh. I'll eat my AP canotier if it happens.

>>9905924

There's no shortage of 2008 ita-looking solid dresses, though. This one used to get posted to the ita thread a lot -- not even anyone wearing it, just the dress with "wtf ap!" commentary.

>> No.9906023

If I feel a deep regret passing on it the first time, then it's a dream dress.
Just a few - AP's Pompadour set in sax, Hospitality Doll in white, and Honey Cake JSK in ivory, although the latter two aren't really a priority at the moment.
I'm pretty lucky in that I've got most of them already, outside of the three I've looking for.
Probably Pompadour - I remember missing it on release and have been looking every since, so 4 years?
The market is so saturated at the moment - I would rather stick to a few items than change what I'm looking for.
Some of them are love at first sights, but I settle on a few that have grown on me.
I will throw any amount of money at it.
I set up some auction alerts, but I should be looking for them more often.
Japanese auctions, although they are usually the most nerve-wrecking. mbok used to be the place, but now mercari and fril seem to be more popular.
Missing the AP Shanghai release of Pompadour because I was away from my phone all weekend.
I seriously yelped when I got my first dream piece and did an embarrassing happy dance.

>> No.9906163

I'll know for sure it's a dream piece at the moment I see it pop up somewhere. I'll break into a sweat and feel my stomach drop.

5 or so, but I'm not holding my breath because they're all older pieces I haven't really seen for sale before.

At least 10 including non-main pieces. But most of my main pieces, if not DDs, were at least higher level WTBs.

I've been looking for one for 5 or so years. It's an indie brand piece I'll probably never find.

I've fallen out of love with a few, since being around a particular online community influenced my style for a little while. But for the most part my style hasn't changed, so neither have most of my dreams.

Both. I've had DDs I fell in love with from a picture before I started lolita, and DDs I thought seemed too boring until I started seeing them in a different light.

I'm definitely willing to pay over retail, but none of my dreams are extremely coveted grail pieces, so I don't expect to pay much more than I would for any other dress.

I check CC/WW every night, and auctions/apps/LM/other sites pretty often throughout the week.

Mostly Japanese secondhand (auctions, Mercari).

Just the usual opening up the website and seeing that it was listed and sold a little earlier.

>> No.9906170

>>9906163
(continued) I also once talked myself out of a piece (asking myself "is it really a dream piece though?") and let the auction end. Right afterwards, I realized I needed it, and that was how I knew it was a dream.

I remember being in a fairly intense bid war on Yahoo auctions. It dragged on forever due to the other person continuously waiting until there were seconds left and then increasing their bid. I won, but it was so stressful.

Also, I once received a dream piece that was in horrendous condition (still the worst I have seen to this day) even though it had been listed as new. It was actually pretty devastating and as silly as it sounds, I did feel like one of my dreams had been crushed. Sellers, don't do this to people!

>> No.9913873

I just go on gut instinct

Around 5, I like to keep the look out for a few at the same time just incase.

Probably 8

2-3 years looking for innocent world rose stained glass, every time it poped up I just didnt have any money at the time so it was down to bad luck.

My tastes tend to remain the same - classic prints and plain pieces

Some grow on me but most are just from amazing coords i've seen.

Depends on the piece, I tend to be quite savvy and wait if its a lesser rare piece. But if not I'm willing to spend whatever to get it.

Every day I look at the auctions and mercari

Other anons linking me through dream dress threads.

Just missing things due to lack of funds

I remember posting rose stained glass in a dream dress thread and an anon tipping me off that there was one in store in closet child (i think) in japan. So i had to use a middle man service to go in store and grab it before anyone else. The adrenaline from that was immense.

>> No.9913989

>How do you decide something is a dream piece vs. just a general WTB?\
A strong desire to have it, not like a "oh thats cute, i want it" feel

I'm not actively looking but I have 3 in the back of my mind, one of them is CTP so I'm not expecting to buy it anytime soon.

I would say maybe 3.

However long ago I saw hospitality doll.

They don't really change, but the desire to have it might wane. or that could just be me accepting that I'll never have it.

I usually have a lot of love at first site things, but it becomes more of a priority if I never get sick of seeing it.

I'm willing to pay above retail, but for some DDs that I have already gotten I was able to get them for retail price.

I don't really actively search. If it appears, it appears.

Found one on LM, one on YA!J

Just lost some bidding wars.

Sometimes when I see people on social media wearing my DD i cry a little. One day we'll all have the pieces we want.

>> No.9914157

>>9887231
>>How do you decide something is a dream piece vs. just a general WTB?

A general wtb is something I would wear, which is rare enough, both color, style, and material has to match. After building a wardrobe over the past year and a half I'm no longer looking for many basic WTB.

>>How many dream pieces are you currently looking for?

About seven or eight.

>>How many have you already found?

Two.

>>What’s the longest you’ve been looking for a particular piece? What is it?

JetJ's Bosch OP, and did they also do a Goya Witches Sabbath dress or am I just imagining it?

>>Do your dreams change often, or not at all?

Not at all ever since my wardrobe is full of all the basics I wanted.

>>Is it usually love at first sight, or do you have pieces that have grown on you and then become dreams?

LaFS.

>>Are you willing to pay anything at all for a dream piece, or do you set limits (like never above retail)?

Preferably not above retail.

>>How often do you look for your dream pieces?

Once every day or every two days.

>>Where/how have you been most successful in finding them?

Mercari, closet child, JetJ restocking their inventory.

>>Any particularly devastating moments where you’ve missed getting a dream piece?

I had a few very busy days in January and didn't check Mercari for several days, during which someone sold two of my dream dresses for only ¥11,000. FML. Found the other later for retail, which was ¥38,000, but am still looking for the one that got away.

>>Related stories involving dream pieces, etc.

Some of my former dream pieces included florals, but I'm sticking to prints, other patterns, and solids for the foreseeable future because the last time I wore a VM floral someone complimented me on my "dirndl". I didn't even wear it with white or with my cleavage showing or anything, and no apron either. :/

>> No.9914164

>>9914157
Continued:
>>Related stories involving dream pieces, etc.

When Wunderwelt sent me the wrong dress, it got sorted out and I got the right one a week later, but it gave me the vapors because the wrong one had a bunny print and I hate bunny prints. Nothing against real bunnies, but bunny prints are creepy, especially the realistic ones.

>> No.9914170

>>9902251
Is there a brown one on sale anywhere now?

>> No.9919467

Cheesy as it sounds, if it gives me a certain feeling that makes me happy whenever I think of it, it's a dd. Sometimes I know right away, other times a piece grows on me.
None yet.
Since I've been even interested in lolita, I've wanted a Meta collaboration JSK
I've only added to the list but never taken anything odd.
Both
I'd pay anything that's financially feasible at the time. I wouldn't put myself into debt for a dress, but I'm willing to drop more than a grand if it's necessary. I think all but one of the DD wouldn't sell for so much anyway.
I usually go for a month looking daily on all the auction sites, then take a month off and feverishly worry if I've missed something
Haven't, yet
I dont think so, thank god

>> No.9919649

>>9914170
There was a brown one on y!jp for ages but I think it finally sold not too long ago.. Red would probably dye to black also, wouldn't it? I'd definitely do some dye experiments before trying it either way. Like buy some fabric with the same materials content and see what works best.

>> No.9920023

>>9919649
>>9914170
Oh no my mistake, it's still there.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c637037023

>> No.9921378

>>9919649
I don't think red would dye that well. I've tried it before and it came out like...black with red visible through it in places. Maybe it's something to do with how bright red dye is?