[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-05-12: Ghost posting is now globally disabled. 2022: Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 137 KB, 1200x680, 1525521021704.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874799 No.9874799 [Reply] [Original] [rbt]

I don't see what the big deal is about Edition

>> No.9874803

What the fuck. Why didn't you link the last thread, or even bother to Caps?

>> No.9874808

>>9874799
I want to talk more about my break up but it feels kind of self-centred to do so when there's a new feels thread.
Can you at least make it some sort of cgl-related 'edition'? That's what I like about feels threads.
Sorry anon if I seem rude.

>> No.9874811

>>9874808
Do you not know any other dudes who would actually treat you nicely? Because you don't deserve to be treated shit.

>> No.9874822

>>9874808
Not like 75% of these feels threads were off-topic anyway. It's the designated off-topic shitposting thread

>> No.9874826

>>9874811
I suppose so, but I'm not really attracted to them and I don't think it's best for me to move from one relationship to another so soon. I know some people can do that, and more power to them, but it's not for me unfortunately. I could sleep with someone, but it wouldn't change things.
No one deserves to be treated shit, you're right. I guess realising that would be a good start.

>>9874822
Well, true. I'm surprised someone hasn't called me a bitter landwhale/radical feminist/terf yet or whatever the buzzword is that the cool kids are using this summer.

>> No.9874829

>>9874824
I know it seems trolly with that Duke Nukem image, but genuinely I have been betrayed and back stabbed by everyone I was ever close to. Except for my Dad but he died.

>> No.9874839

>that moment when you realize you're probably one out of the 5 people single in your whole Star Wars costuming community in your area
>the other four don't want you
>also tfw you see the cosplaying kids from two cosplaying couples exchange pleasantries (juvenile flirting) while you never done that shit yourself

>> No.9874841

>>9874839
KILL
YOUR
SELF

>> No.9874842
File: 389 KB, 870x653, ballcosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874842

>always like the mean girls in anime
>meet a mean girl irl
>start dating
>don't like her
>don't want to leave her
Do you think she'll cosplay with me?

>> No.9874843
File: 120 KB, 300x400, 559DA536-2249-4889-A637-125A18B01586.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874843

>tfw my partner’s friend gives the ok for me to wear a simple floral print lolita dress to her wedding

And here I thought I would have to waste money on some normie dress to wear

>> No.9874850

>>9874842
So what you got a tsundere or is she just a straight bitch?

>> No.9874860
File: 131 KB, 1280x720, aggretsuko-primo-sguardo-alla-serie-netflix-prodotta-sanrio-first-look-v5-38412-1280x16.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874860

I'm really liking this new netflix show

>> No.9874888
File: 46 KB, 750x750, ryukoblush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874888

Are there any lols here who aren't into anime?

I met a non-weeb lol at a convention and it blew my mind. She said she doesn't even know who Boruto's dad is.

>> No.9874889

>>9874888
Who's Boruto?

>> No.9874890

>>9874888
I don't really watch much at this point but I still watch some off and on.

>> No.9874895

>>9874889
Boruto's dad's son.

>>9874890
Yeah, but I'm talking about girls who like the fashion but have no anime-related attachment to Japanese stuff.

>> No.9874897

>>9874895
Is he a loli?

>> No.9874898

>>9874888
It's a rarity for sure. The crossover between those into Japanese culture and those who were introduced to Japanese culture through anime is massive.

>> No.9874918
File: 186 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874918

>>9874888
Did she know Sasuke's daughter dresses like a prostitot now?

>> No.9874920
File: 122 KB, 1080x946, 18953248_669549436573661_9104631177414060453_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874920

>>9874897
Yee.

>> No.9874931

I both love and hate being really attractive and into cosplay, this past week I've really hated it. Went as a Retsuko to a uni con and got cat called and hit on by so many fucking dudes that it was almost nauseating, doesn't help that they're insistent and pretty homely looking manlets, but still, I can count the number of genuine interactions I had there on one hand. All I really wanted was people complimenting my getup or maybe striking up a conversation with me but no, I can't even get that.

Hilarious how with so much goddamn attention I still manage to feel lonelier than ever, to the point where I wanted to cry. I know it sounds pathetic.

>> No.9874934

>>9874931
tfw will never look even acceptable and just look like some kinda mutant lol.

>> No.9874937

>>9874931
Humblebrag!

I put my bare ass on the con floor every year and nobody gives a fuck becau

>> No.9874939

>>9874931
you're likely just average. most con dwellers go for girls they know are in their league and drop their spaghetti around chicks they actually think are hot

>> No.9874940

Ugh lolita is great why did I have to be born the wrong fucking gender?

>> No.9874941

>>9874931
>Hilarious how with so much goddamn attention I still manage to feel lonelier than ever, to the point where I wanted to cry. I know it sounds pathetic.

Poor babygull, I'd like to give you a big warm hug! Nothing pathetic about that, I can relate honestly. This is what you feel, when you talk to a dude lowkey understanding he only listens to you because he wants to fuck. You see that he only cares about himself, and at the end of the day you feel even lonelier than being alone.

>> No.9874943

>>9874839
>>>/r9k/
please leave this board.

>> No.9874959

>>9874931
>pretty homely looking

The hell does this mean?

>> No.9874965

>>9874931
Wow, boo hoo. You're not an ogre. How can you go on being reminded of your physical attractiveness by all these unsuitable men?

>> No.9874966

>>9874959
Ugly.

>> No.9874976

Man I just really love lolita

>> No.9874980
File: 1000 KB, 500x281, sweat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874980

Do any of you get nervous when you cosplay? I'm going to do my first serious one at AX and I'm kinda afraid to.

>> No.9874988
File: 16 KB, 300x300, 1515156231985.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9874988

>tfw no bf to commit double suicide with

>> No.9874992

>>9874988
>>45230185

>> No.9874995

>>9874976
Man lolita just really loves you <3

>> No.9875001

>>9874959
Homely is a nice way of saying average.

>> No.9875002

>>9874980
no, nobody will bat an eye if you’re not top tier or an obscure character

>> No.9875006
File: 8 KB, 291x343, 1522232064510.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875006

My cab driver put his hands on my inner thighs/crotch on the way home from a lolita meet and made a lot of extremely sexual comments directed towards me and I'm having a very hard time dealing with it.

>> No.9875017
File: 145 KB, 1920x1080, 55EE9C13-0BCD-4033-BC5B-F9B42728EFB8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875017

Hey guys, you probably don’t remember me since I haven’t posted in a long time, but it’s ED anon from awhile back, I figured I’d post an update if anyone cares to read. Within the last two months I’ve lost over 20 pounds, putting me in the underweight category. I still feel really fat especially since my waist is 26 inches (still too big for some old school), it’s not really just feeling fat though, a lot of it is lack of control and low self esteem in general. I’ve been going to therapy once a week and it helps a little but not much. Generally I’m eating around 500 calories a day and it’s killing me, I’m so tired and weak, but if I eat more I just feel terrible. I just want to be cute like all the other Lolitas. I think once I get down to my goal weight I’ll be happy but I know I’m just lying to myself, and at a BMI of 16 I’d be even less healthy than I am now. I’m just so done with feeling like this, I can already see my bones why can’t that be enough. I wish I could stop and just be happy, but I’m only happy when I’m starving.

>> No.9875021

>>9875006
I'm so sorry that happened to you, anon! Do you have any of his information? His name, license plate, anything?
Also, have you talked to anyone close to you, or looked into therapy? This might sound like a leap of logic but you should seek help, especially if you're not dealing with it well.

I wish you the best.

>> No.9875027

>>9875017
you are probably a super qt, but you won't be if you keep destroying yourself. Be happy with what you are and don't compare yourself to others.

>> No.9875032

>>9875006
If it was an actual taxi driver, you can have their license taken away. However. Uber and rideshare drivers have no license.

>> No.9875037

>>9875006
that's fucking disgusting, if I knew you in real life I would genuinely find him and break his hands, but I suppose that's just as bad

>> No.9875039

>>9875037
>I suppose that's just as bad
Nah, if you molest a stranger, or anyone, then you don't deserve to have hands.

>> No.9875043

>>9875006
Isn't this why girls should always ride in the backseat?

>> No.9875054

>>9875006
Why were you in the front?

>> No.9875056

>>9875054
>>9875043
Nayrt but it's super rude in my country to sit in the back seat if there's nobody in the front

>> No.9875058

>>9875056
I'm not saying op is to blame, it's her shitty driver who's at fault, but generally speaking imo it's better to be seen as super rude than risk having shit like this happen to you.

>> No.9875059

>>9875056
which country is that?

>> No.9875068

>>9874943
But robots are the only kind of men fatgulls could ever hope to get with.

>> No.9875069

>>9875054
She's a slut that asked for it but then regret it.
There's no reason to not be in the backseat of a cab, in some countries it's actually illegal.

>> No.9875072

>>9875069
I mean if I called a taxi and when it got there the driver opened the front door I would definitely go in there or it would be really rude

>> No.9875095

>>9875072
Please read this >>9875058
Your safety matters more than manners.

>> No.9875103

>>9875097
Thoughts spiraling into worst case scenario is really hard to break, anon. It took me a combo of anti-anxiety meds (to slow my roll) and cognitive behavior therapy to address the way I think and learn healthier ways of looking at my problems. It's helped a lot but I'll be real with you, I still struggle. I hope you can find what works for you because catastrophizing really is debilitating if you let it eat away at your reasoning. Find a good therapist and keep working at it!

>> No.9875105

>>9875056
When Uber was new my city frowned upon it. So to not get caught you would go use the front seat because it looks less cab like. I would do it often for ubering to work but this was also day time and a lot of the ppl driving were regulars.

>> No.9875126

>>9874860
>it's just Lotte and Sucy with animal heads in an office building

>> No.9875139

>>9875006
I'll kill him for you anon. Give me his name, location, license or anything. He's dead.

>> No.9875140

>>9875056
I sit in the front seat if there's people in the back, if it's an Uber pool. And then if they get out before me I think it seems weird to switch to the back. Not that anon, but that's my rationale

>> No.9875149

>>9875105
>to not get caught
Please explain this to me, anon, what were the social repercussions of taking an uber in your city when it was "frowned upon"? What would people tell you if they "caught" you doing it?
Maybe the fact I don't really give a shit what people think about me stops me from understanding this, but it sounds a bit absurd, having to hide the fact you do shit for your convenience that isn't harmful to anyone.
>Oh no can't let people know I've taken an uber, that's social suicide!

>> No.9875194 [DELETED] 
File: 42 KB, 579x688, 1523129260107.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875194

>made an account with Taobao SS (Yoybuy)
>put some items in my shopping cart
>select $10 coupon
>go to pay, but change my mind about one item and don't enter any credit card details
>close tab, go back, re-add all my other items
>go to pay
>$10 coupon is gone
>mfw
I didn't actually even use it, what the fuck. Should I just try and make a new account?

>> No.9875198

>>9874943
I stopped blaming /r9k/ given that we've coexisted for ages with no problem, and mad trolling fell coincidentally in-line with a certain group getting shut down on another site. After migrating, I think they had a panic attack when they realized there were women on the same site.

>> No.9875199

>>9874931
Yeah, I sorta feel like being good looking has worked against me too

>> No.9875204

>>9875021
>>9875032
>>9875037
>>9875139
I got the taxi company but not his cab number and the company said they couldn't help me without it. A lot of my friends are telling me to go to the police and have them pull all their dispatch reports but I don't really have the mental energy for all that and I just want this situation to be gone.

>>9875043
>>9875054
It honestly never occurred to me that it could be dangerous to sit in the front

>> No.9875206

>>9875149
There were regular fights between uber and taxi drivers in my country that included throwing stones and emulsion paints, cutting tires and calling the police after others.

>> No.9875207

>>9875206
Wow, that's a bit extreme. Would a taxi driver actively try to start shit with your driver if he noticed you're in an uber? What the fuck

>> No.9875209

>>9875206
In mine there actual lynch mobs of taxi drivers hunting down uber drivers to destroy their cars and attack their patrons, the police were paid to look the other way

>> No.9875211

>>9875209
*there were

>> No.9875213

>>9875206
>>9875209
Where do you two live?

>> No.9875216

>>9874980
Yes. Specially when I break off from my friends and am walking on my own.

>> No.9875220

For the first time since I started this hobby I'm beginning a cosplay ahead of the convention. It's still only a month away, but I was used to working the week of the con.

I love not being in school anymore.

>> No.9875221
File: 31 KB, 720x644, 1478935046939.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875221

Decided to left my college friends group because I fought with one of them and not even a single one ask about my side story. Feeling down a little bit but today my package finally arrived and it's exactly what I expected.

>> No.9875224
File: 1.19 MB, 1662x1246, comment_iGffM5KwCi4KUxrpMwsgOWUcvWXkHXQ3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875224

>>9875207
Some time ago I had to stop few metres away from my destination because taxi driver were actively blocking parking.

>> No.9875227

>>9875213
Not one of those anons, but it was common in major cities in Colombia. Haven't heard it on the news lately, though.

>> No.9875228

>>9875224
Well okay I take back my initial comment, this is some insane shit.

>> No.9875237

>>9875149
Idc about social stuff, it was about getting into trouble and maybe legally.

One issue was because Uber was not technically allowed (then), the driver could get fined for the service if caught. I have had Uber’s decline my trips because they didn’t want to deal with it or would only take me to the border of my city. In some areas taxi drivers would get really angry because they felt jilted and would protest and block traffic. Luckily it didn’t get violent here but there were issues with big places like airports.

Not related but one time a guy was doing Uber with a truck which was pretty fun. Most of these experiences were nice and ih the beginning of Uber expansion there was a lot of interesting people who were nice and chatty.

>> No.9875238

Anon, I hope you're okay. >>9875006
This is why I always take ubers. Maybe it's because I'm in a country where there isn't a stigma around uber (aside from taxi drivers getting a bit pissy about them and vice versa) but I think it's a lot safer. If cab companies came out with a way of tracking driver identities that was like uber, I wouldn't mind using it. But I can't risk my safety for now.

I hope you find the mental energy to deal with it, think about it like you could save future you from the same thing again if you travel in a taxi.

>> No.9875248

>>9875095
Yeah but some women still don't live in constant fear of getting assaulted, so they just do what a normal person would do (sit in the front seat)

>> No.9875251
File: 192 KB, 300x467, 1435021727466.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875251

>>9875227
>when you realize you aren't the only colombian gull

>> No.9875257

>>9874918
I know this post is 11 hours old but I don't know how to feel about those images. On one hand she has very nice legs, but on the other hand the rest of her looks underage...
I feel dirty. ;-;

>> No.9875259

>>9875248
Man this hits too close to home.
Being assaulted/raped is one of my biggest fears, so I'm just constantly paranoid and try to do anything to keep it from happening.
Sometimes I hate how concerned I am with it, I feel like my own fear ruins my fun... I just wish it wasn't something to be so worried about in the first place.

>> No.9875285

Whenever I hear a story about someone getting molested in Lolita clothing I wonder why someone would find a (not trying to be rude)girl in such kiddy looking clothing sexually attractive. I mean, most Lolita outfits (depending on the style) do look like something a kid would wear.
It makes me wonder if those guys are total pedobears that either think the girl is younger than she really is or think "meh close enough"

Makes me scared to dress in sweet Lolita because people already tend to think I'm 15 instead of 18.

>> No.9875298

why am I so unlikeable ?

>> No.9875300

>>9875298
idk. Maybe you're not a very fun or positive person to be around or something?

>> No.9875309

>>9875251
I moved to the US a long time ago, but I still follow the news a little (mostly because it's playing in the background at home).

>> No.9875320

>>9875285
Sometimes people think it's fetish clothes so they feel comfortable shaming us, or sexualizing us for it. Girls used to share stories on EGL that people would ask if they were dressed like "Victorian child prostitutes" which is a bizarre conclusion to jump to when seeing a woman wearing a frilly dress.
It says nothing about us and everything about these people: If someone's immediate reaction to your silly, frilly clothing is to ask personal questions about your sex life, that's entirely on them being degenerates.

I suppose this is one of the reasons girls prefer wearing the fashion to meets, because they feel safer in a group; having said that, I wear lolita daily and never had any issues, though of course experiences differ between individuals.
You won't be in any real danger wearing sweet lolita, unless the area where you live is shady and standing out there could put you at risk. If you don't have any lolita clothes yet, I suggest you join your local comm once you do acquire some frills and then go out to a meetup with them, you'll see there's nothing to fear.

>> No.9875344

>>9874940
Shall I go into how non one is born with a gender, and that you choose your own gender expression based on what you like and how you want to present?
it will take time to learn how to get the right silhouette with your build, how to do make-up and hair, etc, but if the love is great, start buying and building your first coord. work on it until you look good. then join a comm.

use a coord help thread, and also lurk hardcore for tips for males.
also know all your measurements by heart.

>> No.9875350

>>9875017
consider an actual treatment facility for women with EDs. this is more than weekly therapy for an hour can assist with.

>> No.9875356

>>9875344
>no one is born with a gender
There's a difference between gender and gender expression or expectations. The former is what the individual relates to, which everyone do; the latter depends on personal choice, and again personal choice on whether to conform to societal pressures.
This is how a man can wear lolita and still identify as a man, and not immediately want to be a woman for wanting to wear a dress.

>> No.9875360

>>9875017
Hey anon you emailed me earlier and I’m still here. I figured I’d give you some space but you can still talk to me.

I don’t want you to have to lose your life because of this <3

>> No.9875362

>>9875298
You answered your own question, because you don’t like yourself. Start liking yourself and the rest will follow

>> No.9875375

>>9875320
>Sometimes people think it's fetish clothes so they feel comfortable shaming us, or sexualizing us for it.

I'd say, guys find it sexy, when a girl has fancy features. This made Suicide Girls a thing. Unnatural hair color, tattoos, piercings, same goes for weird clothing. Once I asked an ex-friend of mine for male's advice, if the typical guy finds lolita appealing. He said that honestly it's really attractive as one-time escapade, but dating such girl on regular basic is weird af. So, yeah, my five cents go for fetish things.

>> No.9875382

>>9875375
Which is interesting considering the fact lolita is considered highly unattractive and even hated by men in Japan, minus the few with very specific fetishes (i.e. otakus).

>it's really attractive as one-time escapade
Gross. Can see why he's an ex-friend.

>> No.9875384

>>9875204
Signal boost, what was the cab company?

>> No.9875397

>>9875006
What you are feeling is completely normal. I commend your efforts to track this person down. I highly suggest you talk to someone you trust about it when you feel ready; sexual assaults can be extremely difficult to handle on your own, but I know this incident won't stand in the way if you leading a happy, healthy life.

>> No.9875402

TFW you're going to Gen-Con and don't know what to wear

needs to be cute and easy to deal with summer

>> No.9875407
File: 77 KB, 933x1015, DTjyEvAVwAAl_mS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875407

My sister backed out of going with me to a con at the last minute and I don't want to back out too, but I don't want to be alone and now I'm thinking of scrapping my cosplays, she was supposed to protect me because she's way taller than me and scary looking, and I've never been to a con alone

>> No.9875410

>>9875402
Are you talking about cosplay or cute jfash?

>> No.9875413

>>9875198
The anon I responded to posted the exact same thing in a previous feels thread then shit up the friend finder thread with his bullshit as well. I don't care about /r9k/ but I don't want to see their irrelevant whining here.

>> No.9875440

>>9875407
That sucks, I hope you have fun if you still choose to go alone

>> No.9875444
File: 432 KB, 604x600, sad potato.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875444

>excited to get a new dress
>turns out that it's shorter than expected
>dress waist sits higher than my natural waist
>I look fat
AP, why this.

>> No.9875459

Ordered some bag from a girl, for my friends birthday that’s already passed. and she’s taking fucking forever to send it out. It’s been two months, And her excuses are so lame.
Like how her post office has been closed for a week, and how she didn’t have enough money to send it when I paid for shipping.
She finally says she sent it but hasn’t given me a tracking number.
If it actually arrives I’m so tempted to open up a paypal case and claim it never arrived just to be a spiteful bitch.
Or I can make a beware post since she’s a cosplayer.
It’s just annoying.
When you sell something you are making commitment regardless of what your situation. I’m tired of excuses, you made a commitment with MY money.

>> No.9875489
File: 294 KB, 640x359, x6mLiBr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875489

so, did the bartender and the stalker lolita fuck?

>> No.9875508

>>9875221
Good for you anon, keep that toxicity outta your life

>> No.9875511

>>9875444
Omg, I have been having the same AP woes. It confused me at first because this is my first AP dress, and for a while I thought maybe full back shirring (I only have dresses with a little shirring, nothing fully shirred or even full back shirred other than this one ap dress) was what made the dress look frumpy, but maybe it's also the shortness (I'm tall and the straps don't adjust... thanks AP.) it's annoying, I was so happy to get it as it's cute and my first ap, but yeah.. it's shit.

>> No.9875515

>>9875489
We'll probably never know. I've lost track of how many of these things started in feels threads and the OPs disappeared without update.
>abusive relationship femanon who divorced and found a lolita gf
>awkward jogger anon who caught the eye of a passing lolita
>etc.

>> No.9875528

>>9875459
Protip, she hasn't sent it.

>> No.9875532

>>9874799
Being a man on this board and into cosplay and jfash is absolutely irritating. From being surrounded by /r9k/ faggots to be being labeled as one by dumb cunts.

Literally fem/r9k/ without the overwhelming virginity. I sometimes wonder why I leave /fa/.

>> No.9875538

>>9875532
If you're labeled a robot, you probably said something that a robot would typically say, even if you aren't one yourself. Which is not something you want to do, honestly.
It's entirely possible for gulls to have civilized discussions with the guys on this board but there are so many fuckwits on here that I'm not surprised gulls are quick with the salt.

>> No.9875541

>>9875037
Wow, you're so tough!

>> No.9875545

>>9875541
It's about leverage, grab wrist, twist till it pops
If he was driving, I'd risk it

>> No.9875548

>>9875532
Having men who make these sweeping generalized statements on /cgl/ is really fucking annoying.
You don't even need to state your gender to discuss things on here. Why do you have to attentionwhore so badly?

>> No.9875558
File: 62 KB, 689x448, 1512382531452.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875558

>tfw there are only 2 people you interact with and both of them are busy

>> No.9875565

>>9875548
Note the casual mention of /fa/.

>> No.9875566

>>9875528
I figured. I’ve been really polite about it but I’m about to flip my shit on her.
She’s trying to become a “pro cosplayer” too, it’s just stupid to try and scam someone when you’re trying to make a name for yourself.
All of this over $50.

>> No.9875569

>>9875566
But pro cosplayers are known for scamming people, she's ahead of the game.

>> No.9875573

>>9875532
It's really rather pointless to say that because you're acting like there aren't any women on /r9k/. There are women on that board. They would hate every girl on /cgl/ for wearing makeup and dressing nice.

>> No.9875575

>>9875532
If the shoe fits, that's your problem you need to fix. I wonder what you posted that made you be labeled a robot because this post has a whiff of /r9k/

>> No.9875579

>>9875573
No there aren't, there are trannies on that board and that's it

>> No.9875589

>>9875579
Nope, there have been multiple women confirmed on that board before. Beyond just trips. It's just that the screeching majority of that board is made up of males that think they're on wizardchan.

>> No.9875592

>>9875459
File a PayPal claim and do it now.

>> No.9875598

>>9875579
I assure you that out of an estimated 3,770,989,695 women in the world... there's some on /r9k/. Regardless, would it make you feel better if people just called you a douche opposed to saying 'robot'? It is because of something you said, undoubtedly.

>> No.9875603

>>9875515
I remember awkward jogger anon, and his story made me smile.

>> No.9875617

>>9875598
>>9875575
I wanted to help organize an all guy's meetup at a small con to avoid thirstfags that plague this board. That was it. Christ.

>> No.9875626
File: 215 KB, 720x719, 98989899889.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875626

>find a shirt online that my boyfriend would love
>want to get it for him, but it's not his birthday or Christmas
>I have a strict rule to never, ever just randomly buy stuff for guys (unless they're financially supporting me in some way, and/or do the same for me) because I'm no pick-me ATM bitch
>know this would make him happy, but don't want to end up getting used
Guess I'll just have to wait and hope it's not sold out in a few months.

>> No.9875627

>>9875617
Anon, I'm not entirely sure how one thing led to another... did you ever organize your meetup?

>> No.9875630

>>9875532
>I sometimes wonder why I leave /fa/.
We do too. Go back there, please.

>> No.9875631

>>9875617
What the hell did you say then, because that seems normal

>> No.9875634

>>9875626
How come you don't you and your boyfriend buy each other random gifts? I do that with my bf and it's pretty great.

>> No.9875635

>>9875626
You can always get it for him now, keep it hidden and surprise him with it on his birthday or Christmas.

>> No.9875637
File: 1.65 MB, 1920x1080, 0adb34c3a1a7cea81cbe6dfeb2ec3251e404b077f456e36121e58174e890bbfc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875637

>>9875532
You can always go back to /fa/, anon. Don't waste your life here.
>tfw no /fa/ girlfriend (male)

>>9875558
I love gondola.

>> No.9875642

>>9875627
One guy came and he smelled bad. It was a roaring success.
>>9875631
Pretty much just what my post read. There's a handful of anti-male nutters here.
>>9875637
Sadly, /fa/ is slowly becoming an /r9kpol/ colony these days.

>> No.9875643
File: 59 KB, 640x363, Pain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875643

>>9875558
>tfw have one friend I somehow kept since elementary school
>tfw she is too normie and happy for me
>tfw we've lost common interests and we only ever talk about her life
>tfw I've been pretending to be busy because there's nothing going on in my life and seeing her talk about her wonderful job boyfriend and degree bums me out

>> No.9875645

>>9875642
Your mistake is trying to find guys to hang out with from /cgl/. Huge majority of them are thirstfags who want a broken weeb gf

>> No.9875646

>>9875634
I don't know how to start that. If I take the initiative, I'm scared it'll turn into me mostly buying him things, or him asking me for stuff like some sort of sugar mommy, but if I ask him to get me something casually, he might think I'm trying to leech off him or something.
It'll also suck if it causes arguments, like
>"I bought you [thing], and you can't get this for me?"
>"It's not my fault I don't have money, stop"
>"You literally bought yourself [thing] yesterday"
etc

>>9875635
Good thinking, anon. I'm worried sending it might be hard for some reasons, though

>> No.9875647

>>9875643
Mfw I lost all my female friends because they became nasty sjw and I was tired of their shit. Nowadays I only talk to my bf and male friends because we can talk about things we enjoy instead of politics, feminism, racism, etc.

>> No.9875650

>>9875646
>sending it
Sending it where? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

>> No.9875657

>>987564
>sending
Are you ldr? If that's the case then I understand why it's harder to just buy each other random shit then. Why would mailing it be difficult though

>> No.9875658

>>9875650
Oh, we're in an LDR. Sorry for not clarifying.

>> No.9875659

>>9875647
Not that anon but same here
Despite not having a bf or male friends. Now it's just internet friends who aren't as fun because they're far away. My old friend used to be cool too until she took up every single helm of Tumblr warrior you can think of

>> No.9875660

>>9875658
Oh! I see. I don't think there should be an issue, if anything it makes surprising him with it even easier. Just make sure to send it in advance, before his birthday or Christmas, and even invest in express mail to be extra sure it arrives safely and on time.

>> No.9875661

>>9875657
>Why would mailing it be difficult though
We're in different countries. Mailing internationally from here is pretty slow, and can be unreliable.

>> No.9875663

>>9875647
>only have male friends because I generally share more interests with guys
>post in FF thread in hopes of finally befriending a girl and having someone to talk about fashion/beauty/general girl stuff with
>just end up making another guy friend

Oh well.

>> No.9875665

>>9875660
Thanks, anon! Hopefully, if I do go through with it, everything will work out smoothly.

>> No.9875668

>>9875646
You just send him the present and say "Hey, I got this for you because I love you" or whatever. You definitely don't have to buy him more shit if you don't want to and you can refuse his requests. You don't give gifts because you expect a favor in return, jeez.

>> No.9875669

>>9875647
>tfw have an abundance and equal ratio of male and female friends online but only have bf and male friends irl
why is it so hard to meet other irl weeb girls who share my interests

>> No.9875673

I want to kill myself. Since my divorce two years ago I have found myself lacking motivation in basic aspects of life much less to actually better myself. I wish I wasnt such a mopey ass.

>> No.9875674

>>9875673
Therapy, anon. Please. I don't know what exactly is going on in your life and in your head but I'm sure it's fixable. Don't give up on yourself.

>> No.9875679

>>9875626
And they say women can't be autistic

>> No.9875682

>>9875665
You can do it!
I'm not in a romantic ldr but I have long distance friendships, and I've given gifts for my friends on their birthdays for years and things turned out pretty smoothly. Express mail really is a blessing in this case so I do recommend it.

>> No.9875685

>>9875642
I'm sorry to hear it didn't turn out well. Honestly, there aren't a lot of men into J-fashion. The community I'm in is international, and I think we have a total of 5 men in the group out of 30+ people. It's a unisex style too. However, we try to be helpful in supporting them. I guess men are more common in cosplay, but they're rare in j-fashion. It would be hard to get an all-male meet together. Are you sure it wasn't just someone trolling you regarding the rudeness?

>> No.9875686
File: 194 KB, 581x811, 18010369_358066657929660_8262805194388237864_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875686

>>9875362
Stop telling people they're unworthy of love because they're depressed.

>> No.9875691

>>9875679
Who says that? /r9k/? Go home already

>> No.9875693

>>9875686
She should stop being so mopey and negative and maybe people will like her. Mental illness isn't an excuse. I struggle with MDD, too, but I'm not a baby and I make sure it doesn't consume me.

There's plenty of outlets for help. If you don't even like yourself, then why should some poor person waste time on you? How entitled do you have to be?

>> No.9875699

>>9875693
>I make sure it doesn't consume me
sounds treatable and like you have found proper treatment.
Note: people suffer with varying types of illness and your particular situation/biology is not applicable to anyone else.

>> No.9875706

>>9875693
Good on you for powering through your chemical imbalance

>> No.9875709

>>9875686
Anon isn't wrong though; it's not that op is unworthy of love because they're depressed, but loving yourself is extremely important and you won't feel loved by others if you don't love yourself. Even when people do genuinely love and care about you, you'll think they're lying or that you're unworthy of their love.
Loving yourself isn't easy especially if you're not used to it, I struggle with it too as do many people; but it's important, and while mental illness does make it difficult, it's not impossible.

Also, >>9875699
It's true that people have different circumstances and varying types and degrees of mental illnesses and not everything suits everyone, but that's not a good reason to not seek treatment. That's like saying one shouldn't seek treatment for cancer because X treatment doesn't always help; it's bullshit, it encourages people to reject recovery and it's the opposite of what mentally ill people need.

>> No.9875710

>>9875686
Being depressed has nothing to do with being an unlikeable twat. Just saying.

>> No.9875711

>>9875706
You mean treating it with effective medication, of which there's plenty of, with different types for varying needs depending on the severity or the pattern of depression.
Healthy lifestyle changes like diet changes or more exercise also objectively help, albeit not as much as drugs.

>> No.9875713

>>9875686
God I fucking hate depressed people
It's the tamest mental illness next to attention deficit issues and they're both easily treatable

Get the fuck over yourselves

>> No.9875715

>>9875674
I cant due to my job, if I go to therapy I would no longer be eligible for employment. The only thing that has kept me from doing it is the fact that I dont want to disappoint my parents and because I dont want my pets to go god knows where.

>> No.9875718

>>9875715
>if I go to therapy I would no longer be eligible for employment
The fuck sort of dystopian nightmare do you live in?

>> No.9875720

>>9875711
>stop being so mopey and negative, let your insurance cover the costs of getting a diagnosis, therapy, and help, just spend money lol

>> No.9875721

>>9875718
I make firearms, people who hold FFLs are treated differently than the normal population in the US when it comes to what sorts of mental disorders we are allowed to have and remain licensed.

>> No.9875724

>>9875720
Seems like you enjoy making up excuses. You want to stay depressed.

>> No.9875726

>>9875711
There's some people who have treatment resistant depression who actually can't benefit from medication. Also this is a feels thread unless you're feeling some major feels about a rando venting about life, what's got you so heated?

>> No.9875728

>>9875626
it's just a shirt not a 1000$ laptop. jeeze

>> No.9875732

>>9875726
>treatment resistant depression
Source?
And anon is literally making excuses for why they can't get meds not saying it doesn't work lmao

>> No.9875736

>>9875726
I would have agreed with you a couple decades back, but this just doesn't wash anymore.
there are a variety of alternatives to treatment-resistant depression.
In virtually all of the cases they're resistant to only a specific class of antidepressants, in which case there's plenty of others to choose from.
For the few fringe cases that aren't so simple, there's likely some other disease/affliction going on, which should be addressed. There's also a number of non-antidepressant treatments, which aren't therapy or exercise memes, if they don't care for side effects.

>> No.9875737

>>9875736
>There's also a number of non-antidepressant treatments, which aren't therapy or exercise memes
Like what, can they be done without a doctor?

>> No.9875738

>>9875732
Treatment-resistant depression is sort of a loaded term. Basically, if more than one antidepressant doesn't affect you significantly, you've got it. By that definition, plenty of people have it. I myself am resistant to a number of SSRIs.

>> No.9875739

>>9875737
The ones that work, like TMS?
No.

>> No.9875743

>>9875732
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/in-depth/treatment-resistant-depression/art-20044324
It's not extremely well documented but it exists.
>>9875736
Yeah the situation is getting better, there are options other than medication but they're pricy so I get what the anon above was saying. As well as, some people don't realize you can take antipsychotics if it's severe depression. That's usually what happens with people who can't gain help from SSRIs
>>9875737
If it's severe enough that you need things other than medication, no. Electroconvulsive therapy, magnetic stimulation, that's all doctor things.
Doesn't hurt to change diet and look into taking vitamin supplements since usually a big majority of depressed people have a deficiency somewhere.

>> No.9875746 [DELETED] 

>>9875721
It made me sad to read this, but I know it to be true. I am disallowed from owning a gun because I've been committed to a mental institution in my lifetime. >>9875718
They are even stricter concerning a federal firearms license (FFL). The diagnosis of depression does fall under 'mentally defective', and you don't even have to be committed to have it revoked under the law. The diagnosis is enough for them to take it away.

>> No.9875749

>>9875721 #
It made me sad to read this, but I know it to be true. I am disallowed from owning a gun because I've been committed to a mental institution in my lifetime.
>>9875718 #
They are even stricter concerning a federal firearms license (FFL). The diagnosis of depression does fall under 'mentally defective', and you don't even have to be committed to have it revoked under the law. The diagnosis is enough for them to take it away.

>> No.9875750
File: 39 KB, 720x480, 1516541821055.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875750

This is now a /r9k/ thread. Prove me wrong.

>> No.9875751

>>9875749
It is slightly worse actually, since the ACA was passed I was also informed that the doctor would be required by law to tell the ATF of any thing like that in my life. I dont really know what to do, the last two years have been a struggle.

>> No.9875756

>>9875750
Fuck off. This is a legitimate discussion about mental illness.

>> No.9875763

>>9875732
I cannot afford treatment. I don't have insurance, and there is no state funding where I live for mental illness. They're actually allowed to turn the mentally ill away because it isn't considered life-threatening unlike physical illness. Also, atypical medication can be very expensive. I would've spent over $700 a month paying for past treatment had it not been for insurance. I was still paying about $300 per month even with insurance coverage.

>> No.9875768

>>9875756
They also have legitimate discussions on mental illness, you could say they're experts at it

>> No.9875769

>>9875298
I'm not sure what's happening after I posted this ( in a moments frustration ), but I'm not depressed or hating myself or anything , and I got over all of that a long time ago and there's not a problem with these things
I just want to be the best I can be and have a friend one day, and I'm always trying to be polite and nice and pleasant to be around but from an objective standpoint I'm not good enough as I am now, I'm trying to improve though - this was just a rhetorical question in a moment when I was feeling frustrated. I didn't mean to cause an argument

>> No.9875772

>>9875769
It's ok, I think some people are taking out their insecurities on each other

>> No.9875776

>>9874931
Your ego must be above the stratosphere, you narcissistic imbecile.

>> No.9875779

>>9875776
>>>/r9k/
Stay there this time.

>> No.9875786

Man I just really love Lolita.

>> No.9875790

Just really want a gf

>> No.9875792
File: 121 KB, 1024x700, flavortown.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875792

I was sent a coupon for free pizza in the mail and I redeemed it today and actually got free pizza. Today was a good day.

>> No.9875800
File: 61 KB, 400x280, 1452983226294.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875800

>Want to buy more cute fashion to better my closet.
>Always get as far as the checkout on any given website.
>Close tab because none of it will look good on me anyway.
>Why am I like this.jpeg

>> No.9875804
File: 32 KB, 637x565, 21731129_509918332689033_2164190634028268471_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875804

>>9874937
"becau" why??

>> No.9875805

>>9875769
I get your venting, but it sounds like you're just keeping everyone from getting close to you. Arms length and all that.
'Friends' is just a word you use, it doesn't mean anything unless you can be vulnerable with someone.
Anybody that just drifts out of your life didn't have any vested interest in you, but that doesn't mean they don't think fondly of you.
My advice would be to reach out to them first, but I don't know how much you've tried that already.

>> No.9875808

>>9875647
>Slowly but surely lost all of my female friends to adulthood
>They occasionally try to reconnect but have seemingly lost all of their interests and only ever talk about their husbands/children
>Turn me down every time I invite them to do something fun
Meanwhile
>Still regularly see all of my male friends
>Even the married ones with multiple kids
>Almost always take me up on invitations, only decline when they have other plans or have something work-related
>Still have their own interests and hobbies

I don't get it.

>> No.9875811

>>9875515
I avoid self posting as frequently because I don't want to cross the line into attention whoring. My face will show up again in due time.

>> No.9875813
File: 212 KB, 376x365, 439234.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875813

>hands shake to the point where people go out of their way to ask if I'm okay
>want to try eyeliner
>stab myself every time no matter what, looks uneven or like a child drew it
>no one to help me put it on
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>> No.9875824

>>9875813
I have the same issue anon, I've gotten really good at using powder though.
When it's really bad I just ditch the brushes, it's not crisp tho.
I use mascara a lot too

>> No.9875829

>>9875824
I wear other makeup you can just brush on like eyeshadow, I can get that looking pretty clean and not like it was applied by a Parkinson's patient, but I just want to try using fake eyelashes and eyeliner, just once, so I must yell here since my walls are too thin :c

>> No.9875840

My feel ..
Lolita is full of horribly unfashionable/cheap people

I have a really modest closet, but I seriously live for all the eccentric stuff comes out of Japan into the world at large
It's like if it's not in a certain bubble, lolitas just don't care.
That's where I think the 'conlita's' actually start holding sway, there's literally nothing separating a conlita from others in terms of what is or isn't acceptable.
You don't need to 'talk the talk' outside of minding your 'lolita rules' p's and q's, you don't have to have any greater interest in fashion (at all)

I'm not even super well versed in it, I just hunt down looks from certain designers and try to find new ones. It's not like it's hard, and there really is good stuff out there to see.

I feel like, at least before when there were primarily lifestylers and a subculture it was different, there was more to lolita. We can't even develop a new subculture, or even latch onto an existing related one, just blah.

Nowadays, you can't even expect a certain level of coinciding interests with others, just..
All soccer moms and 'all walks of life'

Give me music, give me art, give me some sort of satisfaction other than the fact I was in a bid war with you because we liked the same dress.

>> No.9875846

>>9875840
I mean you could say this about pretty much any subculture based on like one specific thing though Lolita is particularly niche. Idk hit up the friend finder.

>> No.9875877

>>9874976
Man I just love cosplay

>> No.9875897

God I love Mana so much he's so perfect that it overwhelms me

>> No.9875903

>>9875489
I-I'm not a bartender...I'm not that classy. I work at a supermarket.

As far as I know, I haven't seen stalker lolita

>> No.9875908
File: 77 KB, 655x582, 1523942891033.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875908

>>9875750
false, this thread is on /cgl/, not /r9k/

>> No.9875931
File: 49 KB, 642x642, 18556039_362186800850979_7653872158478008147_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9875931

I've been pretending to be gay to keep the little thotties away, but with Momocon coming up, I'm not sure I can keep up the charade.

>> No.9875938

>>9875931
>pretending

>> No.9876009

>>9875617
>all guy's meetup
That sounds nice. Could you provide details please?

>> No.9876026
File: 30 KB, 657x527, pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876026

>>9875413
>I don't want to see their irrelevant whining here

Why? If I don't complain here I will complain anywhere else. This is the only place where I can complain about things where people will understand. Kind of hard to do so on ap lace where no one knows what cosplaying is other than 'dress up'.

Plus, I haven't been here for a week or two. If you're really tired of me, be glad i've been out of here for that amount of time.

>> No.9876033

Someone buy me expensive Lolita shit I have no money.

>> No.9876047

>>9876026
did you look into escorts like I told you to?

>> No.9876051
File: 68 KB, 598x600, 1522463216225.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876051

>>9876047
>mfw even as an anon i'm easily recognizable

I thought this place didn't have the same 15 regular posters. This is embarassing now - I exposed my personal Instagram account hoping some blessed sould would help me. What do I get? People shooing me out for being annoying.

I told you, i'm not getting an escort. I came into some money recently and i'll save it for Star Wars Celebration 2019.

>> No.9876065

>>9876033
me first, ill fight you.

>on camera for money, we split 50/5/0

>> No.9876072

>my ex from highschool is living a pathetic existence and hasn't sold a single doujin since then

this is a good feel

I can finally watch FMA : Brotherhood without the influence of remembering her autistic gay shipping

>> No.9876080

>>9876051
Diff anon. You poat the same starwars crap in everythread. Go to what ever board deal with that.

I swear stormtroopers are just as bad as furries.

>> No.9876088

>>9876080
At least furries can party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmULc5VANsw&

>> No.9876113
File: 68 KB, 1280x720, IMG_20180506_180638.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876113

>>9876026
>This is the only place where I can complain about things where people will understand
No it's not. Go the fuck to >>>/r9k/ and whine about being a pathetic virgin all you want over there. This is not the board for that and no one here is going to "fix" you. The more you annoy people the less they'll feel sorry for you. No one wants to hear the same shit over and over from the same guy who just doesn't improve. It doesn't matter that you've been gone a week. You were annoying then and you're still annoying now.

>> No.9876130

>>9875840
I feel this. I don't think it applies to all lolitas in general but judging by shit you see online, it's sadly rather common. You'd think a fashion-based subculture would have more people who care about fashion and aesthetic but instead we get all the special snowflakes who want to dress up like kawaii uguu princesses several times a year for their local convention and nothing more, and then cry and bitch when people on the street look at them and ask why they're wearing a costume on a regular Tuesday when they look like wedding cakes.
I'm tired.

>> No.9876132
File: 59 KB, 500x407, 1452395560784.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876132

>>9876033
Work for it you lazy bitch

>> No.9876156

>>9876113
There are men on this site. Get over it, you seething shrew.

>> No.9876160

I feel like I'm really good at being friends with guys but I totally suck at any romantic or sexual aspects. I'm not sure if it's because I suck at catching subtle clues/flirting and I just don't notice when guys are interested in me or what but it seems like guys are only ever interested in being friends and even when I do try to flirt it's awkward. Idk. I wish I wasn't romantically/sexually awkward around guys IRL. I'm hopeless even at cons. I just wanna watch anime and cuddle with a 3D boy just once.

>> No.9876164

>>9876160
I didn't know I had a female doppelganger.

>> No.9876180

>>9876160
It's natural when you're inexperienced at failing to get the point across. Don't be afraid to mess up, and trust your instincts. By doing this, you are simply being yourself, and confident in yourself, which presents 'you' in the best possible light.

>> No.9876183

>>9876160
>>>/r9k/

>> No.9876185

>>9876160
Cool cgl related feel.

>> No.9876207

>>9876180
Wow, that's a nice deluded world you live in.
Just 'trust your instincts'
Great advice Suzanne.

>> No.9876212

>>9876207
The keyword is "don't be afraid to mess up". Messing up is inevitable with everything, so rather than sit back and constantly worry about something that's not happening, go out, take a chance, and learn from your newfound experience.

>> No.9876230
File: 345 KB, 1301x1186, 1503728271359.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876230

>>9875931
>pretending

>> No.9876231

>>9876026
Oh, were you the one screaming at the lesbian about how she should have dick in her life?

>> No.9876232
File: 33 KB, 540x373, 1518900254811.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876232

>>9874839
>>9876026
>>9876051

you post this shit every single thread and are surprised you get recognized? Fuck off retarded frogposter. Its one thing to update about a changing situation, but you're just posting the same fucking thing all the time, and to add on to that, it's not even something remotely interesting. It's just generic 'tfw no gf' shit. Please leave.

>> No.9876239

>>9876160
G O L D C O A S T, A U S T R A L I A

>> No.9876245

>tfw always feel like all the girls I'm compatible with are located far away from Alaska, my home
I hate feeling like I have to spend thousands of dollars just to get a date

>> No.9876254
File: 74 KB, 340x230, 1519018984051.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876254

>>9876245
>tfw developing feelings for a gullfriend that lives about 1300 km away
Argh no I didn't want this to happen again.

>> No.9876257

I feel stuck in my current relationship. I don't have many friends and the ones I do have are shitty and don't care how I feel. Lonely as hell over here, really just want some qt3.14 cosplay friends to hang out and do the masquerade with, but my community is all drama, all the time and I've got major trust issues. I feel like it'd be easier to just kill myself at this point.

>> No.9876326

>>9876065
Sugar daddy here. I'll buy the burando if it's mud wrestling in lolita.

>> No.9876332
File: 131 KB, 311x458, 1395292118151.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876332

My friend recently made a cosplay patreon, and I'm having the hardest time trying to explain to her that it's a bad idea.

She's not talented, is average looking at best, and the only thing she has going for her is one good costume that I made most of. I think it went to her head.

More than that, because she's my friend and I love her even if she frustrates me, I just don't want her to get upset if[see: When] it fails.

>> No.9876336

>>9876332
If she does lewds, people are probably willing to pay.

>> No.9876343

>>9876336

That's the best part. She's a teacher so she made sure to emphasize no lewds.

>> No.9876353

>>9874931
talk shit post pic whore

>> No.9876367

>>9876326
hit me up famalam

>> No.9876390
File: 65 KB, 634x433, article-2683753-1F6989ED00000578-5_634x433.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876390

>>9876026
The girls are right, my macaco friend.
If you already tried your luck at the FF threads and failed and if your posting style already makes you recognizable as "angry brazilian star wars virgin" then you're irredeemable to them and they'll just start reporting you for spam. You gotta move on.

>> No.9876397

>>9876132
Hey I'm trying my job barely covers bills though. God I need to find a new job.

>> No.9876470

>>9876332
Some supportive friend you are

>> No.9876526

>>9876156
No one is complaining about men on 4chan you obtuse bitch. We're complaining about them shitting up our board when there is a board dedicated to male whining.

>> No.9876543

>>9876080
>I swear stormtroopers are just as bad as furries

I do not think they are as around as furries. I don't see 'stormtrooper communities'. If you know one, send the link so I can go there and let you all alone.

Also, do not take me as an example of 'stormtrooper'. I'm just a fucking loser who HAPPENS to cosplay. In no way i'm an example of the community nor should you think less of stormtroopers because of me.

Plus, I only post S.W. stuff because that's prett much all I do, man.

>>9876113
>no one here is going to "fix" you
While that'd be great, I never really asked for it.

>No one wants to hear the same shit over and over from the same guy who just doesn't improve

How could you possibly say I improved, if I ever did?

>>9876232
I have developed a taste in being the victim - in complaining, too. I am not exactly surprised, i'm even pleased at that.

>>9876390
If I never did any drama and posted on the FF thread, perhaps I would have gotten someone to talk. But no, my psychotic pleasure in being the virgin and 'suffering' made me easily recognizable.

That is the story of my life, anon. I join soem group until my taste of complaining hits up and I get pratically kicked out.

But I should move on to what? Pursuing other things, when I have tried to bury my desperation, and it continues to rise up from the dead?

>>9876231
No.

>> No.9876555

>>9876543
>no one here is going to "fix" you
>While that'd be great, I never really asked for it.
You kinda did, actually. You've asked anons who were kind enough to offer you some advice for their social media info so you could interact with them off anon and get more advice. While that in itself isn't a terrible thing to do, you're better off getting help from someone who's actually a trained professional, i.e. a therapist or even a good life coach.

Before you misinterpret this: No, I don't hate you, and it's okay to pop in the feel threads every once in a while to vent and get some minor advice, but you're making a name for yourself around here and this isn't a good thing, even less so if you want to make friends. Please think better of yourself and actually work on improving yourself.

>> No.9876573

>>9876555
I am aware I pretty much asked anons to help me, and I understand it's not exactly the most correct thing to do.

I have never tought that anyone 'hates' me in here, nor you. Or anybody. No one is to blame for all of this except for myself.
I know I am doomed in here because anybody who menions SW will probably be linked to me.

So what you suggest me to do, besides improving myself? Adopt a tripname? Just forget about 4chan?

>> No.9876583

>>9876573
Honestly? Lay low for a while. Lurk but don't post, and if you have to post, participate in discussions genuinely, respond to other anons instead of talking about yourself, and try not to be dramatic. You're not "doomed", it's just 4chan and anons can have a very short memory if you don't force yourself into recognition; you know what I mean? The less you pop up and act like you usually do, in a way that gulls can recognize you, the quicker you'll be forgotten so you can continue posting actually anonymously.
Notice that your "name" here may be Anonymous but you're still recognized; like I said before, that's not a good thing.

I can't advise you on how to make your life better beyond what you were already told, but this is the least I can tell you.

>> No.9876593

>>9876583
I'll just be outta here, then. It's safer for me, and it's safer for everybody else, since I won't be here to spill the drama and repetitive complaints/incel behavior. I just happen to have this horrible self-destructive masochism to complain over and over and it's best to preserve people of that, yes.

Don't worry about my life, anon. My problems are mine to solve and no one else's words will help it if I coose not to - and i'm stuck on a paradox where I want help but being romantically miserable 'gets me off' too.

Anyways, thank you for being comprehensive, anon. Have a nice day. See you around. If you want, my contact info is in the old FF thread.

>> No.9876600
File: 247 KB, 638x359, 1508568027840.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876600

>tfw I know a popular cosplayer who's bitching about not being verified on Twitch cause "muh racism"
>mfw she does this every time shit doesn't go their way
>they're going to a con I'm going to soon
What can I do to not blow up on her?

>> No.9876605

>>9876600
Just don't.

>> No.9876607

>>9876573
>What do you suggest me to do?
Honestly? You could post awesome costumes you enjoy in the Star Wars thread if you haven't already. That what you could do.

>> No.9876610

>>9876543
Well, unless you were the one responsible for that diatribe, I really don't care if you're here on the board. Maybe something got deleted that I didn't see, but that was the only bullshit I saw in the FF thread.

>> No.9876652
File: 22 KB, 500x441, f31300a81666a8b37f4ba59e3c0cca85--pepe-the-frog-slug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876652

>Be me
>Used to be neckbeard, physics major, anime club secretary
>Facebook friends list was 87% male, mostly scientists and engineers
>No /cgl/ female friends because they always thought I was creepy and trying to fuck due to the fact I was awkward and used to have anxiety

>Fast forward 3 years
>Recovered from neckbeard days, cleaned up and cut down from 5'11 310 pounds to 230 + muscles
>Facebook friends list is still 80%+ male, mostly scientists and engineers
>Try to make friends with /cgl/ girls at cons but they still always think I'm creepy and trying to fuck.

I just want some bros with tits to break out of this catch-22 god dammit.

>> No.9876658

>every cosplaying girl I see online has a bio which includes weed, being bisexual, or clearly doesn't take care of herself, or any combo of the 3
I bet they all visit plebbit's cosplaying communities

>> No.9876660 [DELETED] 
File: 32 KB, 657x527, 1500408710244.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876660

thinking about dating again for the first time in over 10 years (im a guy)

not sure what to expect in the slightest, just want to find my future wife and have children with her

any advice?

>> No.9876664

>>9876652
Sounds like you've /r9k/'d your way into the 'I'm not confident enough that I'm a catch to be ready to date a girl' zone and you're trying waaay too hard now.
At most cons I've been too, the only lone men that try to interact with me are trying to fuck me.
And since it's a con, you have to think 'well, this person is probably not from here' or that that girl you're talking to isn't and no way is someone going to go through that for someone they only met once and have had no interactions with prior. It's obvious then that you're looking to hit it quit it, and unless you are a fun person to be around, that's not going to happen willy nilly.

Think things through, learn how to talk to women and go on dates outside of the con scene if you're having so much trouble
Go to cons in cosplay with friends
Wild idea, toss yourself into a group of strangers. be fun and approachable with something to offer for temporary companionship
Join con scene facebook groups and talk to other losers until people like you

>> No.9876665

>>9876660
Nice /cgl/ related feel there, pepe

>> No.9876666

There is a very nice girl that I’ve become friends with since we both cosplay and work at the same place. She seems really pent up but is a joy to talk to about anime or DnD. Her friend admitted to me she likes me, which makes me flattered but she’s almost 10 years younger than I am (no bueno) and I have a girlfriend. so like an idiot I told her friend this and now she acts all awkward about it. I need to softly let her know she’s great but best to just be friends.
I feel really bad about it desu, like maybe I sent the wrong signals (being nice not too flirty) or being too available to talk.
I just want it like it was before

>> No.9876667

>>9876664
I'm now** confident

Bad typo

>> No.9876669

>>9876666
Maybe just ask her right out what her deal is man, don't string her along. Honestly, if you hadn't told her about your gf or at least mentioned it in passing or talked about your gf at all, you're a douche and were probably low key trying to lead her on.
If she is into you, that's your fuck up man.

>> No.9876670

>>9876669
I’ve mentioned my girlfriend many times and she’s in our DND game. Upon learning this the GF now hates her as well so that’s fucking fun.

>> No.9876673
File: 44 KB, 313x236, dabfield.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876673

>afraid I'll bump into my ex and her new bf at Momocon
>mfw they're unexpectedly called to Australia for a wedding

>> No.9876675

>>9876666
I am dating someone 11 years younger than I am...

>> No.9876676

>>9876670
So, you have two girls after your dick plus the gf, or the gf, and one girl after you that has an awkward friend?
You haven't exactly made it clear

>> No.9876679

>>9876675
If they are younger than 20, you are a disgrace.

>> No.9876681

>>9876676
No just the one and I have a gf. Sorry for the mush mouth. I don’t think she’s after my dick either, just seems very lonely.
>>9876675
How’s that going?

>> No.9876682

>>9876679
They are.
>>9876681
It is entertaining, her family likes me too.

>> No.9876692

>>9876669
It isn't someone's fault if another inadvertently gets a crush on them due to friendly conversation and mutual interest.
>>9876670
There was nothing you could've done to avoid outside not talking to her at all. Sure, it's shitty losing what you thought could be a friend, but it does sound like she is going to be weird about it. You're girlfriend is mad because she realizes the girl is a nice person. No need to get jealous over people who are shitty. Tell your girlfriend you'd never hang out without her around, and explain you can't be mean to your co-worker. Don't avoid co-worker girl, but don't go apologize or something. That just will make it worse. There's nothing you can do to fix it. People are going to feel what they feel...

>> No.9876702

>>9876692
That’s good advice thanks anon

>> No.9876707

>>9874799
If I reach 180 lbs I think I’m going to have a breakdown

>> No.9876713

>>9876702
No problem! I hope everything smooths out.

>> No.9876734

>>9874934
I'm sure you look great anon, don't be so critical. As long as you have fun it's all that counts

>> No.9876750
File: 584 KB, 728x696, 1483325700035.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876750

>comic con coming to my country towards the end of the month
>can't go due to college, and how far it is

>> No.9876754

I can't stop starving myself, I blink and the entire day is gone without having a bite to eat despite setting alarms and reminders. I don't even remember what I do most of the time, I feel like I'm going crazy

>> No.9876767

How often do you ladies get cat called/hit on? Fellas too I guess.

>> No.9876780

>>9876679
How long till you bring up your rape again?

>> No.9876806

>>9875410
jfash. i don't think cosplay would be a good fit.

>> No.9876814
File: 11 KB, 248x204, goodfeel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876814

Over the course of this year:
>got a bunch of tools
>got several 3D printers
>found a comfy-ass shop space to rent
>learning to weld at current job
>working on getting some nice metalworking machines
The dream of having my own fully equipped workshop is so close, lads. When I finally get it set up you west coast bros are all welcome to come by

>> No.9876844

>>9875897
Same, every lolita should at least respect him. It's trashy not to have some appreciation for the founder of our fashion.

>> No.9876861
File: 1.95 MB, 1920x1080, please leave right now.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876861

>>9876543
dude JUST LEAVE
stop posting.

>> No.9876874

>>9876652
you don't want /cal/ female friends, trust me

Stick with hard STEM women like math or physics women. They're much more interesting and only have autism instead of BPD.

>> No.9876875

>>9876874
/cgl/ female friends*

>> No.9876884

>>9876664
I'm gay you fucking moron
vaginas are disgusting

>> No.9876924
File: 96 KB, 1332x640, Only a matter of time before neither of these are driveable.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9876924

>>9876814
Where are you? I'm always down for shop parties and I bet your shop is comfier than my shop.
Pic related, though it looks nothing like this anymore.

>> No.9876969

>>9876884
Well go suck one out you fucking faggot.

>> No.9876971

>>9876780
Why are you still on about that you pussy?
Big boy mad he got his tendies pissed on.

>> No.9876973

>>9875808
Women married to men (esp with kids) often have their personal lives subsumed by the family.

>> No.9876997

>>9875840

I'm cursed, anon. Way after the tartan dress started making rounds on tumblr I decided I really like Alexander McQueen and then he dies.

I decided I like Versailles and should hit up their concert the next time I'm in Japan and their bassist dies.

I decided I should finally go to the Linkin Park concert. Also begin hunting down the rest of their albums (I have half their stuff but am missing the other half). Chester dies.

My favorite author is Terry Pratchett. I'm so sorry, I swear I'm a long-time fan so it's not really my fault.

Oh, and Robin Williams somewhere in there too.

I don't think I should follow any more individuals. It's way depressing to finally find something you like and then someone dies.

>> No.9877013

>>9876997
>Linkin Park
Gross

>> No.9877058
File: 265 KB, 732x1021, Fruits Issue 2_Page_13.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9877058

>>9876844
I love Mana too but he's not the founder of our fashion. The fashion was founded by young girls trying to break from stifling social norms, while Mana popularized the term and look of Gothic Lolita, iirc while describing his own aesthetic; I'm not 100% sure of this but it's possible he's responsible for the fact the name lolita stuck with our fashion.

>> No.9877067
File: 686 KB, 1795x1011, 1521476259636.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9877067

>tfw you want to make a new FF thread because you want to post your info and find people to talk to
>also tfw your experiences with the FF threads have been less than stellar and they usually go to shit anyway

It's probably not worth the effort, is it.

>> No.9877122

>>9876997
I have the exact opposite problem. Everyone I follow becomes immortal and never dies. Oh wait I forgot. Everyone dies.

>> No.9877135

>>9877067
there is a ff thread up right now

>> No.9877184

>>9877135
>on autosage
>last post was made by the hueSWcreep
Should make another one and let it simmer for a couple of days

>> No.9877215

>>9877122

They all die within a month after I decided it was my new favorite thing. Possibly a timing coincidence, but it was a rough couple of years watching everything I picked up come back with a death barely a month in.

>> No.9877228

>new to cosplay
>absolutely mortified of ending up on one of these bad cosplay threads
>trying to make my prop
>feel like I get all the details perfect
>Step away for a day
>come back
>See every glaring flaw
>[screams internally]
>Junk it
>start over

I've done this three times now. If it's not perfect I'm not going to the con. I want to shoot myself, it's so infuriating. At least I'm getting better each time.

>> No.9877232

>>9877228
I understand you but try to focus on making something you, personally, will be proud of. You won't make anything perfect when you're new, and being posted in the bad cosplay thread is not a death sentence by any means.
Just aim to do your best and focus on having fun at the con, and know that the next cosplay you make will be even better.

>> No.9877240

>>9877232
I'm terrified of getting into that mindseat of "Oh that looks good." Then getting to con and feeling like I've brought a 6 yesr olds papermache project. I don't want to be humiliated by people avoiding me because I look stupid with my shitty prop.

>> No.9877250

>>9877240
Admittedly I don't attend cons regularly but having been to several over the years, people are more likely to avoid others for looking/behaving like creeps, than for looking stupid. Case in point: Itas in their fire hazardous lace monsters almost always have people gushing over them and their "kawaii lolita cosplay".
Make your cosplay because you want to honor your character, and go to the con to have fun. As long as you're not entering a contest, no one is going to judge you harshly. Remember that it's a lot easier for people to be shits on here, when they're anonymous, and it doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

>> No.9877301
File: 52 KB, 181x181, greenpubes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9877301

>ask girl in my comm if I can fuck her bf
>mfw she says no

>> No.9877314
File: 43 KB, 571x571, 1515005876265.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9877314

>get contacted by a friend I haven't talked to in a while
>mfw he ghosts me shortly after

g-guess it's back to being lonely

>> No.9877329

>>9877301
Comm is not for commies.

Sharing is not caring.

>> No.9877357
File: 1.61 MB, 4016x6016, 8CaAlQP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9877357

>>9877301
Is there really a such thing as a comm mom?

>> No.9877358

>>9877357
Only if you're a roleplayer

>> No.9877362

>>9877357
Comm mother is the older girl (usually mid-30s) who plans all the activity and makes sure everyone is safe. It may be a regional thing.

That is a cute Mercy.

>> No.9877448

>>9877240
I think you can learn something from this though, in your planning stages it's that 'stepping away' point where you come back and rethink things. If you're that critical of your own work, then use it to your advantage. I have to do this with my art. Before I get to the inking stage, I set down the drawing and wait a while so when I come back to it, I have a fresh look and can change anything I don't like.

But cosplay is a growing process, and with every thing you make, you will learn from your mistakes and make something better the next time. If you just quit, you never will.

>> No.9877453

>>9877357
I dunno about comm, but I am always designated con mom. My friends keep coming to me for advice/rules/what plans are and it just happens since I tend to have that kind of personality anyway.

>> No.9877531
File: 1.10 MB, 1079x1088, 1525419731602.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9877531

>>9875069
People don't ask to get touched in transport. You should jump into a meat grinder.
>>9875407
See if you can't find a friend at the con. If nothing else try to make friends with con security, so they can recognize you and help if you need it.

I want to join a comm but i'm unsure if my taste in fashion will land me on the ita thread if i post pictures to try and fish for friends.

>> No.9877974

>tfw introvert and non-talkative
>much prefer to sit and listen than to talk
>but confident and happy being so
>talk to friends about tfwnogf
>they say I need to be more confident
>wut

I feel like "confidence" has undergone such a definition change. Confidence now means charm not actually be comfortable in what you are.

>> No.9878012

>>9877974
they probably just mean you need to talk to people more and approach them or something

>> No.9878067

>tfw when want to dress in lolita daily but feel to ugly to wear it
when will i be free

>> No.9879173
File: 31 KB, 480x360, one shot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9879173

>>9874931
>this post
>these (you)'s

>> No.9879175
File: 273 KB, 930x325, 1377868421854.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9879175

>>9875017
have you talked to your family about this?

>> No.9879178

>>9875626
you're being stupid, just buy it

>> No.9879186
File: 456 KB, 804x876, 1462759570968.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9879186

>>9875931
>pretending

>> No.9879334

>>9878067
You'll be free when you stop giving a shit. Wear what you like.

>> No.9879440

>>9874918
Everything about the outfit they gave her is a mistake.

>> No.9881012

>loves going into a certain thread
>posts a cosplay that only one person has done
>gets called a retard bc its "not obscure enough"
>doesn't notice person's reply until 3 months later..
>thread closed.. cant respond.

;; its not like it would have been a meaningful conversation if the person insults someone in first message but its one of those
"I CAN EXPLAIN"

I consider anything that only has (1) or less people cosplaying a certain character to be obscure. I wasn't calling the series obscure but the character... since 90% of people only cosplay 8 of the characters.. so literally every other character in the series is rare to see cosplayed.


I just can't let it go I guess.

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action