[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 265 KB, 512x512, B613BEE7-E481-4E8E-BB60-71BE4650676D.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9771996 No.9771996 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone have any Anime Matsuri/John Leigh horror stories they want shared with the world? Bonus points for screenshots.

>> No.9772006
File: 76 KB, 728x546, aid20242-v4-728px-Fish-Step-5-Version-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP rn

>> No.9772017

>>9772006
They ran out of shit to post on BoycottAM.

>> No.9772019

>>9772006

Whatever it takes mang.

>> No.9772020

>>9772017

Nah not BoycottAM. I have plenty of old stuff to shock and disgust the normies, I want new stuff.

>> No.9772023

This thread will be derailed and deleted within 24 hours.

>> No.9772025

Did they ever sue that girl.

>> No.9772043

>>9772025
She didn’t issue a public apology on social media so either they sued her or they were full of shit. I know which one I’d bet on.

>> No.9774732

>>9772043
Turned out they were full of shit. They posted another apology where baldy played the "I'm just a hapless unfunny man making jokes and trying to protect my friends" card and said they weren't going to pursue suing her.

>> No.9774871

>>9774732
I loved his "It was just a joke! I thought the people I was joking with were my real friends..."

>> No.9774877

>>9772025
They issued a cease and desist, never sued and today they announced they we're dropping all pending litigation.

>> No.9774888

>>9774871
"I thought the girls half my age that I was in a position of power over were my friends!"

Literally shut the fuck up John.

>> No.9774911 [DELETED] 
File: 46 KB, 1147x177, 1362332451334.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

2:15 feb 8th

coventant europa

called nina "choke" to her face and tried to play it off like a "hahaha funny joke"
Also when this thread inevitably gets reported, the janitor needs to take note of something:

You let us discuss businesses and individuals that exhibit scammy or toxic behavior ALL THE TIME. It's essential to be able to do this so that the affected communities can stay healthy and active. That's exactly what this situation is, as much as John and Deneice wants everyone to think they're being personally attacked and ~BULLIED uwu~.
Yes, people are going after them as individuals because, SURPRISE, they're the root of the problem! It would be asinine to sit here and try to discuss this issue without naming names as if we were talking about a faceless company, because John and Deneice have built this entire business so that they can be the faces of it. They, as individuals, have personally injected themselves into the business and they make EVERYTHING about them - and taking note of that fact and holding them accountable for it is NOT the same as "singling out" people for the sake of a vendetta.
It is entirely possible for them to do their jobs and for the general public to not even know their names, but they have chosen to make their movement within the company extremely visible and being held individually accountable for that is the cost of vanity.

Do not delete these threads unless they actually start to break the rules, or learn to enforce your rules consistently. If you enforce the "threads/replies made to attack a specific person" rule across the entire board as strictly as you've been trying to on the subject of AM, we wouldn't have bad cosplay threads. We wouldn't have Closet of Frills threads. We wouldn't have horror story or bad business threads. You deleted the last ScarfingScarves thread on teh grounds of "singling out individual cosplayers for the purposes of trolling them" and you know damn well that's not what was going on.

>> No.9774912

>>9774877
>>9774871
>>9774732
>>9772043
What happened???

>> No.9774915
File: 46 KB, 1147x177, 1362332451334.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also when this thread inevitably gets reported, the janitor needs to take note of something:

You let us discuss businesses and individuals that exhibit scammy or toxic behavior ALL THE TIME. It's essential to be able to do this so that the affected communities can stay healthy and active. That's exactly what this situation is, as much as John and Deneice wants everyone to think they're being personally attacked and ~BULLIED uwu~.
Yes, people are going after them as individuals because, SURPRISE, they're the root of the problem! It would be asinine to sit here and try to discuss this issue without naming names as if we were talking about a faceless company, because John and Deneice have built this entire business so that they can be the faces of it. They, as individuals, have personally injected themselves into the business and they make EVERYTHING about them - and taking note of that fact and holding them accountable for it is NOT the same as "singling out" people for the sake of a vendetta.
It is entirely possible for them to do their jobs and for the general public to not even know their names, but they have chosen to make their movement within the company extremely visible and being held individually accountable for that is the cost of vanity.

Do not delete these threads unless they actually start to break the rules, or learn to enforce your rules consistently. If you enforce the "threads/replies made to attack a specific person" rule across the entire board as strictly as you've been trying to on the subject of AM, we wouldn't have bad cosplay threads. We wouldn't have Closet of Frills threads. We wouldn't have horror story or bad business threads. You deleted the last ScarfingScarves thread on the grounds of "singling out individual cosplayers for the purposes of trolling them" and you know damn well that's not what was going on.

Reposting because I wrote this in a text file with other notes I was keeping. Feel free to call me an idiot.

>> No.9774938

>>9774912
ScarfingScarves on youtube made a few videos talking about Matsuri and they sent her a cease & desist and threatened legal action if she didn't delete the videos and replace them with an apology video. Her post about it on fb got over a thousand shares and people were super pissed...there's a reason why Matsuri doesn't have a "review" section on their facebook page anymore.
AM officially pulled back on all of that today because it was an empty scare tactic and it blew up in their faces.

>> No.9774978
File: 419 KB, 1100x650, 1435902476974.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That's some high level of damage control here, John.

>> No.9775663

God, I’ve been vaguely keeping track of this mess from Australia. It sounds fucking nuts.

>> No.9775767

Did I hear right that Choke made up the shit about AM stealing that stock from Baby? I've been seeing really conflicting conversations about it and the community needs to get the record straight otherwise the argument against AM is only going to get weaker.

>> No.9775879
File: 43 KB, 600x600, FB_IMG_1517723879119.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>people immediately assuming that a C&D means legal action was also taken in the same breath

Lmao y'all dumb. why y'all support Scarfing Scarves? She is everything wrong with Lolita. She's vile, rude and petty . She also looks like a troll and her wigs always look like ass.

>inb4 "Matsuri Defense Force"
Nah senpai, that con is weak as fuck and boring too. Went in 2016, will not go back.

Also: I LOVE how that Boycott AM page has this picture. It's hysterical. Lolitas are so fucking toxic to each other. All Boycott AM is is an echo chamber of bitches who will pat on the back for fighting the patriarchy, then immediately turn around and start talking shit behind their backs.

Sitting back and watching both sides has been too much fun, but boycott AM takes the fucking cake for being extra as shit and every person there being SO fake

>> No.9775881

I just want people to shut the fuck up about this fucking con and that fucking deep voiced lolita.

>> No.9775882

>>9775879
that's her real hair ya walnut

>> No.9775884

>>9775882
That's even worse

>> No.9775885

Is Cathy still not saying anything? I wonder what is her side of the story.

>>9775882
nayrt it's her real hair but she does wear a clip bang tho.

>> No.9775887

>>9775885
Cathy is too busy bawwing and acting like a victim to make an official statement

>> No.9775888

>>9775881
Too bad.

>> No.9775889

>>9774915
Honestly, moot ever acknowledging this place was the beginning of the end.
For some reason, men on 4chan except women on 4chan to be nice. They get a self-righteous attitude when they see us being assholes, but it's perfectly cool for them to form an entire culture of being complete shitheads to everyone.

>> No.9775891

>>9775887
Considering SS told her vitriol filled fans to attack her for going to AM? Yeah, I'd say Cathy is the victim here.

>> No.9775896

>>9775891
Way to twist things around. It's not like Cathy has the option to.. i dunno... delete or filter comments on her channel right?

Hasn't she worked for a company that put out a black face video too?

>> No.9775903

>>9775891
Except if you actually watch the videos SS NEVER told her fans to do anything expect speak out about AM. Her only call-to-action was to keep the conversation going and to try and draw more attention to the issue by contacting the city of Houston and other larger entities who have interest in AM. ScarfingScarves articulated why people are angry at CathyCat for her collaboration with Anime Matsuri but never told people to go after her. Shut the actual fuck up.

>> No.9775904

>>9775889
Honestly now is not the time or the place for this conversation. Moot still made it clear that there's a difference between "lol get a load of this fat whore" and "this person is toxic to the community", which is something the mods here like to conveniently forget when it comes to AM.

>> No.9775905

>>9775891
Telling her fans to attack Cathy? Hilarious because her exact words were "You can express your seasonal spirit at [Ask Japanese] email address to your heart's content. Flood their inbox with a ho-ho-Hellstorm of cold, hard truth."

She never fuckin said anything about attacking Cathy, she said to tell Ask Japanese about the allegations of sexual harassment of women and mistreatment of guests surrounding John Leigh.

It's pretty sad that Cathy is willing fucking monetize on this rather than address the issue.

>> No.9775921

>>9775905
I'd be willing to bet Cathy signed some kind of NDA with AM and that John's got her roped up pretty tight. But I'd be really interested to hear from people who used to be under NDAs with them and now aren't to verify that they cover social media activity.

>> No.9775930

>>9775879
enemy of my enemy is my (temporary) friend

>> No.9776267

>>9775921

This very likely. Cons are starting to get very adamant about these because if the AM situation.

>> No.9776273

Last I saw they dropped all legal action against SS. realistically its because if they did take it to court probably all of the people speaking out would come forward and it would just seal the damage John has done to the convention.

I see people on twitter who work for AM trying to tell people to not hold the convention accountable for the actions of the owner and its impossible to separate the two. Fire John and let someone else take charge or eventually AM will go down with his assaulting ass.

>> No.9776294

All I see is a bunch of frilly white girls on racist-ass 4-chan trying to tear down a black man's business.

Y'all be like
>oh shit, is that a successful POC? Nah senpai, let's get his ass over some shit that blew over years ago.

Y'all white folks can't let a black man have anything, huh?

Smh typical white people shit.

>> No.9776373

>>9775921
They do cover social media and some people that used to work for them during the time when all word broke out are still under NDAs.

>> No.9776376

>>9776294
John Leigh is black now?

>> No.9776436

>>9775921
NDAs apparently last 2,3, or 5 years so anyone from 2015, 2014, or 2012 can potentially speak out... wondering why any big Texas cons aren't speaking out about this doucebag of a con chair

>> No.9776440

>>9776294
lmao he's definitely a white sexist European dude though married to an asian

>> No.9776443

>>9776294
>Y'all white folks

kill yourself

>> No.9776448

>>9776376

John is a 1st generation Nigerian immigrant. Born of a (black) Nigerian father and a (white) Romanian mother.

I'd post social media links supporting my claim, but mods would kill the thread.

>> No.9776465

>>9776294
Since when was john black?

>> No.9776499
File: 466 KB, 552x416, jl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9776448
You forgot not everyone here is white and American. There are no Nigerians with the last name "Leigh".
He's as Anglo as they come in both name and physicality. Don't drag my people into your attempt to spread rumors, thanks.

>> No.9776517 [DELETED] 

>>9776499

I'm telling you, the man is Nigerian.

And picking on immigrants from impoverished nations is not a good look. This cause is fighting a losing battle.

Do you really think black Twitter Is going to sit back and let someone like scarving scarves take down a black Nigerian immigrant?

Facebook com/silvia(dot)leigh/posts/10210978660003682

>> No.9776567
File: 2.70 MB, 1440x2562, D insta.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9776499
I'm telling you.

The man is Nigerian.

Here are his parents, via Denise's own Instagram. As I said, his mother is Romanian his father is Nigerian.

I posted a fb link earlier detailing this better, but mods (understandibly) removed it. (Sorry mods)

Picking on immigrants from impoverished nations is not a good look. This cause is fighting a losing battle.

Do you really think black Twitter is going to stand idly by while someone like scarfing scarves attempts to tear down the business of a Nigerian immigrant.
To be honest you guys are pretty lucky that this hasn't gone viral.

I kind of feel bad for Tyler, I would hate to have my face attached to this movement
If this gets big, Twitter will eat her alive.

>> No.9776571

>>9776567
Yeah, no. His dad (if that even is him) looks mixed as fuck, which would explain why John himself looks like Elmer Fudd. And he's definitely not a first generation immigrant.
Now piss off, no one here is scared of black Twitter.

>> No.9776577

>>9776567

Being Black is not an excuse to excuse sexual harassment. Being Black is not an excuse to excuse bad business practices. Being Black is not an excuse to excuse his mistreatment of staff and guests. I'm Black and I'm one of the main people wanting this motherfucker to lose all of his con business.

S H U T UP.

>> No.9776581

>>9776577
The gag is he's not black in the first place lmao.

>> No.9776591

>>9776571
I know you aren't dumb but...

Surely you know what grandparents are?

I mean, it's right there.. #grandparents

Like...the children's father's (john's) parents

Like...johns father pictured above.

There is no arguing it, it's all there. I don't know why you are being obtuse. Anyone with 5 mins and google could find this out.

There is no winning this for boycott AM.

Boycott am is already kind of being seen as a group of bullies thanks to Tyler publishing cathycats's boss's email and urging her fans to try and get her fired.

Once it gets out that John is an immigrant...and a Nigerian one at that, and that "4-chan" is trying to de-rail his business. That's it.

My advice? Is stay far away from "boycott am" because if this gets big like they want it to, it's going to blow up right in their faces.

>> No.9776599
File: 24 KB, 540x412, 12548947_1033115240069140_7971362411255648224_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9776591

>> No.9776638

>>9776567
There's this thing called adoption, Anon.

>> No.9776668

>>9775888
God I just read this in her Chris Hansen impressionist sounding voice.

>> No.9776717

>>9776591
Look John you deserve to lose your business and the right to be anywhere near the community again. There are plenty of people who aren't creepy who can run a texas anime con besides you. No one gives a shit what you race is your a creep and that's why people want you gone.

>> No.9776748
File: 104 KB, 720x540, 47847_1360784340874_4456901_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9776567
Sure John, go ahead and try to play the "immigrant from an impoverished nation" card and see how fucking long you can go before it explodes in your face. You're so embarrassed of your textured hair that you keep it shaved so no one knows you even have it. You don't even acknowledge your mother when she wishes you a happy birthday on Facebook, and you want to try and ride your parents' coattails NOW? You are so fucking desperate to hide behind someone, anyone, to avoid taking any more backlash instead of actually taking responsibility for your actions and changing your behavior.
It's interesting that your mom posts a fuckton of public photos of you on FB (where this one came from) and yet the only ones of you are baby pictures. How connected are you to them and to their struggle, exactly? Black twitter won't claim you just because you have a black parent, you are a predator and a criminal and they're only going to be angry that you even tried to play this card. Good job, you idiot.

>> No.9776762

>>9776748
**your mom posts a fuckton of public photos on FB
There isn't a single photo of John and one or both of his parents in here. A couple with Deneice sure, a lot with his sister, and them living on the other side of the world really isn't an excuse when they clearly make an effort to come to the states with some frequency. The fact that the AM camp is even trying to bring them into this is absolutely disgusting, you guys are really getting desperate, aren't you?

>> No.9776863

>>9776762
>AM camp

Nah senpai, I don't think those dumbasses are smart enough to connect the dots. They have a golden Trump card sitting in front of them and they aren't using it.

If they were smart, they would just shut up and let this fade into obscurity. But they HAD to put out that statement. No way they are smart enough to play this.

But that doesn't matter

But the public will put 2 and 2 together. And if there is anything the black community loves, its a sucsessful POC.

And if scarfing scarves (a privlaged white girl who can afford expensive dresses) is the face trying to take that success away, black twitter will have a hay day.

Fuck, look at Chris brown. He literally beat a woman, and what happened? Nothing. He is still rich, he is still making money, and is still relevant in the music game.

Tyga, same shit.
Ray Rice, same shit
Jonathan Dwyer
Greg Hardy etc.etc. the list goes on.

And those are dudes who were actually convicted of assault.

This has already happened, we know the end result already.

At worst, the youtube community would see it as another "Hugh mungus"

No youtuber in their right mind would ever bash a successful 1st generation Nigerian immigrant. Especially after he already made multiple public statements and expressed "remorse"

We all know those "apology" letters where BS...but in the court of public opinion, that won't matter.

>> No.9776881

>>9776863
>if there is anything the black community loves, its a successful POC who doesn't try to pretend he's white until he feels the need to play a "but muh struggle" card to dodge accusations of sexual misconduct and horrible business practice
ftfy

even if you're not John you're making this way, way worse for him so......actually, yeah. Keep up the good work anon.

>> No.9776884

>>9776863
Yeah but john isn't black.

>> No.9776927

>>9776881
I'm trying to look out for the LOLITA community.

I don't give a flying fuck about John or AM

But the last thing I want is for us to be labeled a bunch of racists who garther on "spooky racist 4-chan" because the outside world and normies (who wont fucking listen to reason, obviously.) THINK we are screwing over a 1st generation Nigerian immigrant.

And that is exactly what will happen of "boycott am" and tyler keep their shit up.

As I said earlier, it would be smart to distance yourself from boycott am.
Lest you be labeled an immigrant-hating Nazi by the uninformed masses

>> No.9776931

>>9776927
lmfao

>> No.9776936

>>9776927
dunno man
with the way people are jumping on #metoo i don't think they're going to give a fuck if he's black or not

>> No.9776939 [DELETED] 

>>9776936
I hope you are right. But there is always that chance.

Celo green
Chris Brown
R Kelly
Mike Tyson
Tupac
Nelly
Kobe Bryant
Ol' dirty bastard
Joseph Simmons
Michael Jackson
Sean Kingston
Seal
The list goes on...

All black men accused (come convicted) of sexual assault. All are still mostly successful and very wealthy And relevant.
I'm not risking it. I'll be watching from afar.

>> No.9776944

>>9776936
I hope you are right. But there is always that chance.

Celo green
Chris Brown
R Kelly
Mike Tyson
Tupac
Nelly
Kobe Bryant
Ol' dirty bastard
Joseph Simmons
Michael Jackson
Sean Kingston
Seal
The list goes on...

All accused (some convicted) of sexual assault.

All are still mostly successful, very wealthy And in most cases, still relevant.

I'm not risking it. I'll be watching from afar.

>> No.9776947

>>9776294
>>9776376
>>9776440
John Leigh's dad is full blooded Nigerian

>> No.9776950

>>9776936
Also excusing toxic behavior -just- because the offender is POC is it's own preferential kind of racism that directly conflicts with the idea of racial equality. It's a really shitty platform to try and build an argument on because it means giving someone a free pass to one person that you wouldn't give to someone else, which is especially damaging when there are crimes being committed and people being victimized. Race should never excuse predatory or exploitative behavior.

>> No.9776952

>>9775879
>vile, rude and petty
>proceeds to be exactly the same
And you're complaining why?

>> No.9776955

>>9776944
You keep calling John "successful" as if it's a good thing in this case, but cheating your way into a certain tax bracket by breaking the law and guilting people into silence means he's playing a completely different game than those who try to make an honest living. That's not really the kind of "successful" you want to draw attention to if you want to keep getting away with it.

>>9776947
You're right, but this info is literally not relevant to anything at all so it's probably a good idea to drop it.

>> No.9776963

>>9776955
Tupac litterally got his start selling drugs

Same for alot of rappers and POC.

Breaking the law is often seen as a "way out" of poverty for poor POC.

And, unfortunately as sad as that is, alot of the times that is the case.

POC are marginalized in the US, and many of them don't have the opportunities that girls like Tyler have.

That's all they will see, and it's true in alot of cases.

To quote Ice-t
>don't hate the player, hate the game

I don't think black twitter, or the normies will care how john made his money.

>> No.9776966

>>9776963
Last time I checked alot of black women hate it when a black man gets with a white woman

>> No.9776971

>>9776863
>But the public will put 2 and 2 together. And if there is anything the black community loves, its a sucsessful POC.
You are so obviously white it's ridiculous.
No black person will ever claim you, John. Fuck off and stop trying to be one of us now that you've gotten yourself in hot water.

>> No.9776974

>>9776966
*asian woman

But yeah, I understand what your getting at.

But how could boycott am even Play that angle?

I mean, they can't just come out and say it. That would be self defeating.

I really think boycott am is between a rock and a hard place.

They had better not fuck this up and get us all labeled nazis or some shit.

I've already distanced myself from them. Too much of a risk.

>> No.9776977
File: 162 KB, 329x353, 1503760146617.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

why does race come up on cgl so much

>> No.9776981
File: 27 KB, 240x173, 1506826396139.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9776977
/r9k/ and /pol/ hear we're the girl board and come here seeking gfs. They're really bad at blending in.

>> No.9776987

>>9776944
there's a difference between relevant and a backlash on those bringing his dirty laundry up. AM is safe financially because weebs just want weeb shit and if they aren't the ones getting harassed they don't care as long as the con keeps going. since AM is a big one and brings in decent guests (they have an evangelion exhibit ffs) people will pick that over morals. i think even black twitter is just going to pretend the whole situation doesn't exist because him being black with some money is cancelled out by the things he's done

is john an asshole? yeah
does he need to stop creeping? for sure
is there going to be a convention ending backlash? no way

john and denise have done enough shady shit that if karma was going to hit them in the dick it would have done so already. even disregarding any sexual harassment they've ripped off people for lots of cash to the tune of five digits, maybe low six digits total.

>> No.9776993

>>9776974

>reddit spacing
>on my 4chan?
>it's more likely than you think

this whole thread is the weirdest fucking thing I've ever read. I don't even know what point you are trying to prove other than you are trying to scare people on 4chan from being labeled "nazis" when pol is a few inches over on the screen.

Who exactly are they going to label as nazis? Anonymous No. 977xxxx ?

>> No.9777001

>>9776993
Us. Lolitas.

And Anyone associated with boycott am or Tyler willis.

Because normies will view this as a privlaged pretty white girl in an expensive dress trying to destroy the buisness of a 1st generation nigerian immigrant.

Normies often can't see past the big picture, and shitting on a successful 1st generation immigrant from an impoverished nation is not a good look.

Esp. When we have the likes of Trump in office. And immigration being such a big deal

"Immigrant" is bad
"Black immigrant" is worse
"Black immigrant from an impoverished country" is awful.

I dont want "boycott am" to get our community viewed as some sort of "hate group"

We know that is not the case. But the court of public opinion is much different.

Even if we get labled nazis, thanks to tyler and co. They will have to tear this petticoat from my cold dead hands.

>> No.9777011

>>9777001
You are a really special breed or idiot, wow

>> No.9777012

>>9777001
>"Black immigrant from an impoverished country" is awful.
You're the only one saying this, because you are either John, or John sent you to spread poison and paranoia.
Either way, it's not going to work.
He's not black, and if he indeed does have any black ancestry, he's done such a good job of hiding it that the black community will never claim him as their own.
Multiple black people ITT have said as much. Now get the fuck out.

>> No.9777013

>>9777011
and I can't spell for shit, thanks hands

>> No.9777017

>>9777012
Oh honey, no. Sorry I've triggered you...

Let me make this easy for you

Fuck John leigh
Fuck AM
Fuck boycott am
Fuck Tyler willis

They are all absolute poison for the lolita community and are doing nothing but giving it a bad name.

First and foremost I care about the lolita community. Anything that is a threat to that, I'm against.

>> No.9777019

>>9777017
How many people are going to have to tell you you're an idiot before you'll quit
Shoot me a number

>> No.9777023

>>9777019
aw shit niggah she busted out the "honey" on you

>> No.9777025

>>9777023
not even the same anon LMFAO you fuckass

back on topic, bumping this question again >>9775767

>> No.9777026

>>9777019
So far it's just been you, Tyler. seeing as the number of posters has been consistantly 37 for the past hour or so.

BTW your hair looks like ramen, and you may think you are idubbbz...you are really just keemstar in a dress.

>> No.9777028

>>9777026
Still not Tyler, but a fair try

>> No.9777031

>>9777017
Yeah, you're not fooling anyone with your fake "n-no it's about the lolitas guys. btw john is totally a 1st generation black immigrant and all the blackies are gonna come for your lives if you fuck with him! i just don't want us to look like nazis".
You're awful at damage control, you can't even manipulate people on 4chan properly. Unless your objective is to derail the thread (which is useless, as people still talk offsite and a new thread will probably be made when you're asleep), just give up now. You've been at this for hours.

>> No.9777032

>>9777026
I posted some other stuff so the IP count won't go up but I think the whole "omg we're gonna be called Nazis" schtick is dumb too. No one is going to call you Nazis for harping on a guy who has consistently ripped people off and sexual harasses people to boot.

>> No.9777040

>>9777031

I really hope you are right but..

Ill be back to say i told you so if boycott am keeps this up and we are all are being doxxed lambasted all over twitter.

Don't say you didn't see it coming.

There is a reason we all agreed 4 years ago to let this go.

I'm distancing myself from boycott am and scarfing scarves. Id reccomend anyone here to do the same.

Esp. If Phillip defranco picks this up like boycott am wants, he has said some stuff in his past that he regrets and had to apologize for. He would totally side with John to get his retribution

twitter com/tariqnasheed/status/885318264636620800/video/1

>> No.9777043

>>9777040
then fucking distance yourself you fucko and walk away from this thread lmfao

>> No.9777045

>>9777043
Ok hunbun

*kisses*

Byeee

>> No.9777051

Finally!! Anyway, just curious, I've noticed that in years before on Texas threads people would be like "I know Anime Matsuri is a shitty con and the guy running it is a sexual abuser but the 'boycott matsuri' meme is played out" or something to the effect.

I'm wondering if there's anyone who had that opinion prior, but has now changed their mind because of the current controversy? If yes, why? It feels strange that people would suddenly change their minds now. I was always in the boycott camp, but I'm wondering if boycotting will actually have any effect this time around.

>> No.9777052

>>9777040
>There is a reason we all agreed 4 years ago to let this go.
who agreed to that?

>Phillip defranco
>He would totally side with John to get his retribution
hahahah what the fuck? he wouldn't touch the situation period. making black jokes is very different from the topic at hand.

>> No.9777632

>>9776591
>thanks to Tyler publishing cathycats's boss's email and urging her fans to try and get her fired
First off, your bait is terrible. Second, Tyler didn't publish anything since the email was publicly posted on their YouTube page. Third, Tyler didn't ask anyone to try and get CathyCat fired, just to express disappointment. Yeah some asshole might have taken that as an invitation to say something along those lines, but you cannot claim that that's what her intention was since she said nothing to that effect.

>> No.9777946

A former Cosplay Coordinator staffer for Anime Matsuri just posted something on fb:

fb.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159898765700366&id=583375365

I am writing this post in regards to Anime Matsuri, with particular emphasis on the husband of the Convention Chair, John Leigh.

As many of you know, I worked for the convention, and under John, for a number of years around the 2008-2012 time frame. This put me ranging from 18 to 22 years of age during the course of my time with the convention. I am 28 now.

To start, I was at one point a loud, and active advocate for Anime Matsuri. I poured my own time, tears, and money into my work there without a second thought. I loved what I did, being the Cosplay Coordinator brought me a specific kind of joy that stemmed from long time frustrations with a lower caliber of expectation in the competitive community -- And I was given a platform with which to execute change.

The first year was a whirlwind, I thrived on the adrenaline of the show, of doing my best with the hand picked team I had backing me. When the Contest finished, only then did it come to my attention that the trophies were not present. Competitors would not get their trophies and prizes for many months following this -- The first in what would become a trend in unprofessional behavior and lowered expectations when it came to the Leigh's.

Mishandled guest flights, No translators (The convention invited Francesca Dani as a specific example, with no Italian translator), Broken promises and contracts not made clear until guests were already present at the convention. Expectations from guests (I can think of a few who I will not name without their express permission) to do events they were not informed of, or contractually obligated to handle. 1/?

>> No.9777948

>>9777946
I became a shield for these people. I fought for better flights, ensured hotel rooms were booked with constant, drone like nagging and stomping my feet. I contacted and worked with sponsors and funded prizes out of my own pocket for the contest to ensure -- Under my watch -- That people would not be subject to earning something and being slapped in the face instead. That guests were treated as they should be; GUESTS.

I ran the contest with Pnemonia.

I was sexually harassed by an Italian guest from the 'Showdown' section of the convention, and when I reported it to John as my direct point of supervisory contact? Was told to lighten up, and that I looked good in my outfit, of course he wanted to touch me. The outfit being Launch from Dragonball Z -- I changed immediately after and have not done a midriff exposing Cosplay since.

I was present for the fallout of the former Co-Chair, who sent out an E-Mail to all department heads detailing how much money John and Deniece owed him, what he had done for them, this followed by the mother of all cover ups. Planet Zero shut down under the guise of the pair being 'Too busy' -- When they simply had fallen behind on the rent, not the first time they had neglected to pay for something they used.

Department heads began to leave one by one, and each time, were made out into villains. Traitors. They were quickly replaced often times with inexperienced and malleable people willing to bend to John's will as I did.

John Leigh is charming. He is passionate, and can flip the switch between Professional and Deviant in a second. He makes you want to like him, want to BE liked by him, and under the pretense I turned a blind eye to the conduct I was subjected to, and that I witnessed.

>> No.9777953

>>9777948
I began choosing my Cosplay guests in part for their appearance, knowing anyone below his physical standards would be rejected regardless of their skill set. This was a subconcious move that I reflect on now with some shame. I enabled, and despite being young, it has played a large role in my not coming forward when the allegations against John first came to light.

I was ashamed of myself, I was scared of him, I was still just a kid. Now, as a 28 year old woman with a career, a child, and a husband who has empowered me? I can no longer keep quiet.

To anyone naive enough to think that he is 'Sorry' for any of his actions for any reason other than that it has damaged his business and name? Let me just correct you now. He isn't. He never will be.

To anyone who thinks that the convention is really out to be a happy, Family-Friendly, enjoyable experience for fans of Anime, Japanese Culture, Video Games, Comics, Movies, and Cars?

It isn't. Every guest, every announcement, social media campaign, tease, big name, offered prize? Is a ploy to get your money. The straw that broke me, that lead to my departure was John only allowing people who had Pre-Registered for badges to sign up for the contest. This meant that unless you paid up front for you badge, months in advance? You had no chance to enter.

Didn't matter if you bought the MORE EXPENSIVE badge at the convention, they needed that up front money (to fund their many trips to Japan), and there was no room in his world for the basic concept of teenagers and young adults who save for these events, families who would pick up their badges on site after saving for it like many of us did and continue to do. It was about the money, and the power.

>> No.9777955

>>9777953
Attached are screenshots of conversations we had -- The two Cosplayers specifically mentioned have given their permission.

This is long winded, but the bottom line is this.

Supporting Anime Matsuri is supporting a Sexual Predator, and a convention that mistreats their attendees, their Guests, their staff, volunteers, and will continue to do so until there is a collective NO.

If anyone who worked with me, attended as a guest during my time, or just has something to say wants to comment here? I have made this post public. I'm with you guys, and i'm so sorry it took me so long to stand up.

/end

>> No.9778012

>>9777946
Link doesn't work.

>> No.9778027

>>9778012
Guess you're blocked? I copied the link into an incognito tab and it worked when I was logged out of fb

>> No.9778029

>>9778027

Diff anon but it doesn't work for me either but let me try that.

>> No.9778032

>>9778027
doesn't work for me either and i don't have a facebook account so there's no way i'm blocked

>> No.9778037

>>9777946
Link doesn't work for me, either.

>> No.9778042

>>9777946
>>9777948
>>9777953
you should screenshot those for posterity

>> No.9778047
File: 48 KB, 506x562, am01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9777946
Screenshots in case
(1/4)

>> No.9778048
File: 41 KB, 498x544, am02.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778047
(2/4)

>> No.9778049
File: 44 KB, 495x580, am03.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778048
(3/4)

>> No.9778051
File: 11 KB, 489x153, am04.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778049
(4/4)

>> No.9778056
File: 37 KB, 960x439, am05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778051
Conversations they had, the attached photos she talked about.
(1/5)

>> No.9778058
File: 76 KB, 1357x944, am06.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778056
(2/5)

>> No.9778059
File: 91 KB, 2048x1121, am07.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778058
(3/5)

>> No.9778060

>>9778029
>>9778012
Aw fuck, sorry anons... thanks to other anon for posting screenshots, you can find the original post if you search for "anime matsuri"

>> No.9778061
File: 106 KB, 2048x1076, am08.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778059
(4/5)

>> No.9778063
File: 104 KB, 2041x1064, am09.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778061
(5/5)

>> No.9778067
File: 1.35 MB, 1062x3821, Screenshot_20180206-010652.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778063
Another former staffer backs up the statement by OP

>> No.9778071

>>9778067
someone who helped as handler for a guest here
can confirm, shit was weird
thank god we brought our own translator

>> No.9778171

>>9776294
Gtfo dindu

>> No.9778403

The fuck is up with John Leigh's employees defending him on facebook like he's going to beat them with a hose if his reputation doesn't improve. Is shop in wonderland flying in foreigners and holding their visas hostage?

>> No.9778431

>>9778403
Easy. He manipulates them the same as he manipulates women. He finds them young/naive and feeds them what they want to hear to get them loyal. He micromanages everything so they can't stand alone. They breed a mentality that AM is the best convention on earth and everyone else sucks. He's not forcing them to defend them, he's manipulated them into believing he didn't do anything wrong.

Look at the former cosplay coordinator's story. She says she went along because she was given a position to change things and was too young to realize what he was doing was wrong. She says hes charming and he makes you want to like him.

>> No.9778432

>>9778403
You don't realize how much power that piece of shit has. His employees would more or less have to move out of Houston if he fired them. He'd demonize them and nobody would give them the time of day. Plus he was psychotic enough to threaten to sue someone for voicing their opinion. God forbid his slabs employees don't kiss his ass and defend him every time someone says something negative.

Or they could just be delusional as John and his wife.

>> No.9778449

I don't get how "it was in 2015, he's changed!" is considered a legit response to the guy feeling up teenagers at his con. Like 1. I highly doubt he's changed and 2. feeling up teenagers at a con you run is kinda fucking gross regardless of the timeline of the whole thing?

>> No.9778675

>>9778403
Speaking of non-US citizens defending John to the death, is Daniela a US citizen? I know she's from Mexico, and hasn't lived in the US for longer than 10 years, if I'm not mistaken... Maybe she's loyal because John footed the bill for her visa? I'm just guessing here.

>> No.9778760

>>9778675
She married a US citizen, but making speculation about her legal status isn't worth the time. For all I know, she's loyal because he granted her the wish of running her own lolita store.

>> No.9778769

>>9777001
haha. I know who you are~

>> No.9778773

>>9778760
And she's technically the Kawaii Ambassador (which I thought that was a role the Leighs had, until I checked her Facebook profile) as well, which makes sense of her undying loyalty.

>> No.9778775

>>9777953
This is heartbreaking. I really admire her for coming forward and being honest. That's brave, and she seems to have grown up quite a lot and is now happy. I don't know her but I'm proud of her and happy for her. Thanks anon for posting

>> No.9778781

>>9778063
I also attempted to save it to the wayback machine. Let's see if this works?
>>web archive org/web/20180206064110/https :// www facebook com/TexasChezzle/posts/10159898765700366

>> No.9778803

I'm going to bang Deneice

>> No.9778812

>>9778803
From what I hear John would be fine with it.

~open marriage~

>> No.9778846

John stuck a corndog up my ass

>> No.9778938

can I get a quick rundown on this? Saw one of my bugman friends posting about it but hes a basic bitch nerd that knows nothing about lolita, so I kind of just rolled my eyes.

>> No.9778947 [DELETED] 

>>9778938
John Leigh and his wife Deneice run a con in Houston called Anime Matsuri. John has inappropriately touched, or enabled other to do so, other lolitas and cosplayers (some who were underage at the time of his offenses). Deneice either doesn't seem to care half the time, or she enables his behavior in other occasions. They are both scammy businesspeople, and John has enough charisma (and a big mouth for empty promises) to bend his employees and his rabid fanboys to his will in order for them to like them and to believe whatever comes out of his mouth, even if it means silencing his, among others', victims of sexual harassment.

Tl;dr: John's a total con-man, and a pedophile to boot with unquenched lolita and cosplay fetishes, and his wife essentially enables him by letting do whatever he pleases.

>> No.9778952

>>9778938
John Leigh and his wife Deneice run an anime convention in Houston called Anime Matsuri. John has sexually harassed other lolitas and cosplayers (some who were underage at the time of his offenses), and has enabled others to do so at his convention by letting them get away with it every time. Deneice either doesn't seem to care half the time, or she enables his behavior on many other occasions. They are both scammy businesspeople, and John has enough charisma (and a big mouth for empty promises) to bend his employees and his rabid fanboys to his will in order for them to like him, and for them to believe whatever comes out of his mouth, even if it means silencing his, among others', victims of sexual harassment inside the con and his past and present business, such as Planet Zero and Shop in Wonderland, respectively.

Tl;dr: John's a total con-man, and a pedophile to boot with unquenched lolita and cosplay fetishes, and his wife essentially enables this behavior by letting him do whatever he pleases with no repercussions, and a bunch of justifications for touching kids.

>> No.9778966

>>9778952
This doesn't even really touch on the fact that he also treats the convention guests like shit. Trying to force them to do things beyond their contract and not paying them for the extra work (see: expecting Matt Mercer to emcee main events the over the course of the entire con without talking to him about it AT ALL until right before opening ceremonies), not providing translators for non-English speaking guests and not providing handlers for all guests (and not compensating the people who step in to do it last-minute), and also not paying guests period (like miyavi). There are a number of guests who refuse to work with Matsuri, or reuse to work in Texas/the United States because of their treatment at Matsuri.
I know the Houston Press article (The Con: Anime Matsuri Is Growing, and so Is the List of People Unhappy With It) is a long read but please, please read it and don't stop after the lolita stuff. Read about what became of Mike Udompongsuk's investments and the following information about other unpaid vendors and contractors. Read about how quickly their legal team got in touch with Udompongsuk after the Houston Press writer reached out to them for comment on his claims. Read about how they burned the bridge with Delta H Con.

They're running a scam operation that also gives John free and ready access to his preferred demographic: anyone naive enough to work with them that he can bully into silence if he needs to. There is zero reason to support this con.

>> No.9778969

>>9778803
Eww, get some standards, Anon.

>> No.9778973

>>9778969
>muh standards
More for me then

>> No.9778978

>>9778973
As if you could, Stefan. She's not in to manlets.

>> No.9778990

>>9778978
She's too old for him. You know he likes them young. Her daughter is more up his alley.

>> No.9779124

>>9778990
Better young than old and used like you. kek.

>> No.9779145

>>9778990
>>9779124
Their daughter is 5 and even joking about this is disgusting desu.

>> No.9779332
File: 464 KB, 400x300, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9778449
>b-but he said he was sorry!!

>> No.9779499
File: 30 KB, 375x375, 1516597739736.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tfw you go to AM because it's the only major con close enough you don't need a hotel room for, and has a huge vendors hall and good guests (TRIGGER with their SPL panel and signing made me happpyyy)

give me a local con that is bigger than Delta H at least and i'll stop going to AM

>> No.9779507

>>9779499
Have fun supporting a sex pervert because you must have your instant gratification. Typical self centered weeb.

>> No.9779512

>>9779507
like i'm doing the most damage besides all the 30,000+ attendees who have no fucking clue who even runs it.
me buying my ticket is not going to crash the con, get over your community drama and have the fun you want to have because it's for yourself, and doesn't effect anyone else whether you think so or not.

typical gull lol

>> No.9779515

>>9779512
me not buying my ticket*

>> No.9779684

>>9779499
So how big is Delta H Con now? I went back in 2013 and it was really small but I'm thinking about going this year, besides the venue change is there much of a difference?

>> No.9779726

>>9775767

This isn't made up, I have proof that I plan to post once I run out of stories about JL feeling up teenagers.

>> No.9779733

>>9779684
My first time was in 2013 and went every year. They changed venue at least 3 times. 2013 at crowne plaza, 2014 JW Marriot and the remaining years at the Marriot off Westchase. So far Westchase is much bigger and feels more like a con than some small craft fair like it used to. I plan to vend this year for the first time just to get my foot in the water since it’s still a small con compared to Oni.

>> No.9779738

>>9779512
Stick with me here...imagine a world where enough people collectively decide to stop being selfish shits and buy their Ignis dakimakuras on jlist for one god damned year.

Enough people are aware of the problem to make a difference. You just need to do something about it instead of giving up because you so desperately want to watch a pro cosplayer from Japan quietly starve at their table because they don't know enough English to ask for a sandwich.

>> No.9779744

I like DeltaH because you can sit at the bar and watch weebs eat it on the tile floor of the hotel lobby. That Marriott has the feng shui of a flea market.

>> No.9779895

>>9779726
Proof or fuck off

>> No.9780183
File: 21 KB, 304x263, 1396920721682.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9779738
yeah, and every year i decide to not buy a ticket, the statistic is only going to go down, and eventually they fail.... how long down the road? they fail through media, and it is NOT a big enough discussion for people to actually want to stop going/paying. unless this goes viral and it's been around for years already, so how about you make it pick up and go somewhere since you're so passionate about it? dedicate your time to ruining AM while i spend some money (tax free) on cute figurines and crunch wraps with spicy mayo from muiishi makirritos while watching cosplay, mmmmf

please fuck with me on this, i'm not going to change my opinion and you can keep your shitty one too

>> No.9780449

>>9780183
You don't think John "apologized" because he was sorry do you? He did it because his bottom line is hurting. It's possible that those overwatch VAs backed out because of his shitty reputation. It's only a matter of time until it all collapses in on him.

>> No.9780499

>>9780449
what John did wasn't an apology because he'll never be sorry, because he's a shitty money hungry man.

that doesn't change my original reply though, that it is going to take going viral through media for it to actually have an impact on him and his convention.

Chris Brown beat Rihanna because he is a piece of shit human being who has millions, and people still listen to his music and go to his shows. It doesn't happen overnight, and half the time doesn't happen at all until the time comes naturally, unfortunately.

>> No.9780502

>>9780499
Anon, you completely ignored my point, which is that it's already happening. He's already hurting.

>> No.9780508

>>9780502
not so much, because while things may still fall for him like a few VAs backing out, he can still get other VAs, other promotions, etc.

when you have that much money getting a few different stars isn't that hard. my reply still stands in par with yours about Chris Brown, he assaulted a woman with evidence and is still loved and supported because people don't give a shit enough, even though at some point it seemed his career was over.

and people especially don't give a shit about anime enough to try and boycott a convention with 30,000+ attendees and growing, in the 4th biggest city in the nation.

>> No.9780526

>>9780508
>When you have that much money

He doesn't have money and if you keep burning the tallent eventually no one will work with you. The industry talks. Sam's entire history had been dodging shitty decisions and at some point one of them will be too shitty to avoid the fallout.

Stop bringing up Chris Brown, it's a totally different scenario. The victim didn't do anything, he has a ton of money and power in his industry and as much as no one wants to acknowledge it the culture he's in is ok with that type of violence against women. Have you listened to rap? It glorifies treating women like shit. His fans specifically request he beat them.

John Leigh has no money, no power and a community that wants him hung out to dry.

>> No.9780562

>>9780502
I really doubt it's the sexual harassment that's affected professional relations versus the fact they just fuck up with handling the guests themselves

>> No.9780567
File: 34 KB, 353x347, 1398484611369.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9780526
yes he does. he is the chairman of a con with 30,000+ attendees and is one of the biggest anime conventions in the U.S. You're delusional if you think he doesn't have that much money.

the industry talks, but the industry also condones a lot of the things people aren't fond of, i could list a million things right now but i'm not going to.

Chris Brown is not a different scenario. it was a crime committed to a woman that was on personal level (assault, sexual harassment). The victim didn't do anything in both scenarios, and just like Hollywood, no one in the con-running industry (who probably aren't weeaboos like the people who attend) is going to treat this like a deal breaker when there's thousands to be made.

Rap may have something to do with it, just like people have a fetish for incest and fucking dragons because of anime. What the fuck is your point? "his fans specifically request he beat them" are you just trying to spout shit now?

John Leigh is running one of the most popular and biggest cons in the U.S., has power and a BLIND community that half the attendees don't even know who he is, but are thankful someone can make a convention "so big and awesome".

>>9780562
agreed. it's still business even if it's weaboo shit

>> No.9780573

>>9779726
Yeah I'm gonna need to see receipts, anon. She claimed that she saw some kind of manifest documenting the goods that weren't returned after that Matsuri (2014?), and that she spoke to a representative from Baby who said the company didn't want to pursue it. But then several people came around saying she eventually admitted to making it up, and she no longer talks about it. What's up with all of that?

>> No.9780579

>>9780567

https://www.alternet.org/rss/breaking_news/788971/chris_brown_fans_tweet_'he_can_beat_me'_during_grammys

People that run anime cons don't have a lot of money friend. They've had a failed business before (planet zero) and they book insanely expensive guests and programing, you think the money to fly all those guests out grows on trees? Why would he all of the sudden be good enough at managing finances that AM would have him rolling in cash when he owed over thousands in back rent and "borrowed" tens of thousands to keep AM afloat for years?

>> No.9780580

>>9780562
I didn't say it did. AM has way more problems than John only thinking with his dick.

>> No.9780599

>>9780579
Am has exploded in size very rapidly. In 2012 they had 10k. Last year 36k. That's a lot of money coming in compared to back then. Plus when you get big companies start throwing guests at you and I'm sure Marc Perez can help a little on that front too.

>> No.9780641

>>9780599
In 2012 they probably weren't counting turn style. It's pretty well know AM just fabricates attendance numbers to sound bigger than they really are.

Companies may start offering guest but you still have to pay for them you dolt. Room, food, travel, appearance fee. Even if you work a deal they aren't going to just fly their top tallent out to Houston and cover everything, what the fuck do they get out of that?

>> No.9780645

>>9780599
Those attendance numbers are way overinflated, anon. That’s common knowledge.

>> No.9780655

>>9774915
This is actually accurate,
Always thought it was odd the rules are like
Don't single ppl out !

when that's a majority of what happens on the threads that are active and have been a part of cgl for a long time.

Like the one Oregon con threads that got posted wasn't deleted even though it's literally the same structure as the anime matsuri threads, where it's people exposing all the shitty things the head did.

>> No.9780681

>>9776863
>>9776944
>>9776963

I love how y'all comparing John to these successful artists,
There's the missing puzzle piece on why y'all sound stupid as shit.
There are 2 sides of black Twitter:
The normie side and the nerdy side.

The normie side don't give two fucks about some white looking pocwjo isn't putting out normie shit, if anything most of them would laugh that he's claiming to be black now that he's in hot water. It's not that he denied it before, but he didn't claim it and own it before, so he'll look like a joke that is not even dark enough to be called ashy. Needless to say, they don't care about some Chinese cartoon gathering.

Meanwhile the nerdy side, the side that will jump on it, hates him because most of the "successful people" you mentioned are dragged by almost all the black poc nerds, especially the girls that dominate the community.

>> No.9780718

>>9778675
As far as I know, she had papers way before she started sucking up to the Leigh's. Her mother lived or lives in California. She's loyal to him because "John is the man that made her dreams come true".

Also you can keep her, we don't want her back in Mexico.

>> No.9780723

>>9775767
She's someone that needs to be made accountable too, but after the AM stuff is all said and done so she can't whine about being a victim.

>> No.9780780

>>9780641
AX doesn't pay for a lot of their guests. If a company thinks that a con is big enough they'll bring their people over on their dime. Source: work for one of those companies

>> No.9780911

>>9780599
You do know that Anime Matsuri lies about the amount of “attendees” they get right?

>> No.9780960

Volks USA just sent out a newletter stating that they would not be attending Anime Matsuri.

>> No.9780966

>>9780911
Even if it was only 20k actual instead of 36k that's still a significant boost in income

>> No.9781023

>>9780723
No, she can whine about being a victim because she was victimized. But, being victimized is not her whole story and she owes a debt to the community to be honest about everything (especially after she's had the nerve to run such a scammy business of her own).
Being a shady person doesn't forfeit your right to justice if you become a victim, but it does forfeit your right to selective disclosure if you want to be taken seriously and ultimately help make a difference.

>> No.9781027

>>9780966
But it's never even been 20k. You're still giving them waaay too much credit. They haven't broken 12k and their numbers have actually been declining over the last couple of years.

>> No.9781079

>>9780911
John's even openly admitted it multiple times

>> No.9781175

>>9780966
I’ve actually been attending AM for awhile and I’ve noticed in the past 2-ish years that the amount of attendees has definitely declined. The lines used to be really long and full of people buying merch but lately it’s been pretty sparce with a big portion of the area being completely empty.

>> No.9781196

>>9781175
Honestly, same here. I've been attending from 2014 until now, this one being my last one. If anything, I feel like numbers hit a peak in 2016, and 2017 seemed like there was a really harsh drop-off in attendance.

>> No.9781357
File: 9 KB, 225x225, bjd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Volks BJD company has cancelled attending! That is a big deal~ I wonder if it has to do with the scandal.

>> No.9781370

>>9775881
ngl I've become seriously attracted to deep-voice chan and her wit. Never heard of her before all this but glad I have now~

>> No.9781374

>>9776863
Congrats on turning this thread into conspiracy theorist bs
>>9776944
If you're gonna go with that line of thinking then here's some reassurance credit of the SJW community. John is whitepassing. He isn't gonna be viewed the same way as the likes of Chris Brown, Mike Tyson. He also isn't a fucking celebrity with any fucking clout.
>>9777001
Stop projecting your own fears. This isn't helping the LOLITA community. It's obv your true agenda is to derail anyway
>>9778769
Out them

>> No.9781661

>>9781374
It's some raggedy bitch John sent to make trouble. Pay them no mind.

>> No.9781686

>>9781357
Wow. How many total special guests have backed out of AM now? 9?

>> No.9781702

>>9781357
>>9781686
Had Volks been announced as a guest for 2018? I'm curious if this was then canceling or if they were just making a statement because they were involved last year.

>> No.9781706

>>9781702
Maybe they just assumed AM had already announced them.

>> No.9781708

>>9781702
I don't think AM thenselves ever did an official announcement for them. I may be wrong, but I don't remember seeing one.

But volks themselves have been saying that they plan to go for quite some time

>> No.9781714

>>9781708
Thanks for the clarification. We really need a signed and announced guest to back out and give a statement why or they're going to just keep sweeping it under the rug

Unfortunately if they hadn't announced volks no one but diehard doll fans are ever going to know

>> No.9781764

>>9781357
Volks was probably Industry like how Funimation or Aniplex usually are

>> No.9781871

>>9781714
Professionally no one is going to make an official statement like that. At most it's a "we unfortunately cannot attend because of circumstances beyond our control."

>> No.9781982
File: 848 KB, 2113x2263, pic_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hi

>> No.9781989

>>9781982
AH!

>> No.9782074

>>9781982
Legitimately gave me a spook as I was scrolling by.

>> No.9782380
File: 86 KB, 677x921, DVmqSHvVAAIdM-7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In b4 AM announces that Volks dropping out was also a website error

>> No.9782390
File: 1.91 MB, 2113x2263, 1518235553646.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9781982

Fixed

>> No.9782409

>>9782390
Stop trying to make fetch happen, John.

>> No.9782519

>>9781714
>Unfortunately if they hadn't announced volks no one but diehard doll fans are ever going to know
Not really true thankfully. People are talking about it on Facebook (both on pages and in groups), it's being talked about on your doll tags on other social media too. Do not underestimate the power of the grapevine. News spreads.

>> No.9782964
File: 120 KB, 950x605, 7D89D0E5-114B-4434-84E5-2BB2370B7E38.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

d a l e

>> No.9783056

Did they ever confirm the Overwatch cast? Or is that still just one giant lie? I doubt Matt would go back anyway

>> No.9783335

>>9783056
Overwatch cast isn't coming, AM employees are lying it about it being "in the works" to try to hide the fact that nobody wants to work with their perv overlord.

>> No.9783344

>>9783335
Not exactly
John has a looong history of making handshake agreements then treating them like signed contracts, so it's entirely possible he announced them prematurely
Wouldn't be the first time

>> No.9783350

>>9781027
>They haven't broken 12k and their numbers
I can dispute this directly. Rooms have seating capacities, and they've reached 12k in one event alone.
Matsuri is odd because, unlike other shows, a large majority of attendees are single day passes.
Like 70% (eyeballing it here)
Which means higher attendance and lower number of people there at one time

>> No.9783352

>>9783344
Could be both, but I know for a fact that not wanting to work with JL was a factor.

>> No.9783428
File: 15 KB, 311x296, 27655307_10208703520063970_4061979045602621168_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who would even take over Anime Matsuri if the Leighs quit?

>> No.9783434

>>9783352
Makes sense.Who in their right minds would still want to work with him unless they were after money and bad fame?

>> No.9783436

>>9783428
Nobody. That's why trying to simply kick them is a waste. The whole con has to come down.

>> No.9783441

>>9783350
Filling a room for one or two large events =/= badge sales. With as nasty as their line management is, are you so shocked to find out that a lot of people get into the big events without passes? And those are usually the people who go for a few hours to hang out with friends and then leave to get drunk. But Matsuri wants to try to count those people as three-day attendees who were there throwing money in every direction.

>> No.9783444

>>9783436
They should honestly sell the con to different management that way both sides could be satisfied

>> No.9783446 [DELETED] 

>>9783350
That’s concerning considering all their other events barely even managed to get half as full as what they could have

>> No.9783448

>>9783350
That’s interesting considering all their other events barely even managed to get half as full as what they could have

>> No.9783449

>>9783056
iirc someone asked Keith Silverstein (voice of Tjorborn) on twitter a week ago and he said that he hasn't gotten any calls about it.

>> No.9783450

>>9783444
The Leighs' power-hungry narcissism is so deeply-rooted in this event I really don't think that will be possible. This whole con is about them and what feeds their ego, which means all of the financial and social corners they cut would be impossible for another person or group to pick up in their absence. At least, not without continuing the illegal shit this con does. Changing management would lead to less public scandal involving sexual harassment and that's about it, but this con can't survive without the corruption it was built on.

>> No.9783456

>>9776499
He looks like a total creep

>> No.9783460

>>9783350
Even if they did reach this amount at one point in time, one things for sure and that is that this year they’ll most definitely see a gigantic decline in attendance with everything that’s going on.

>> No.9784042
File: 80 KB, 643x612, DV2upNIUQAAVqZJ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Even cosplaydeviants is pulling out.
https://twitter.com/CosplayDeviants/status/963117920514691073

>> No.9784057

>>9784042
LOL! When you are so tainted not even the cosplay whores will support you

>> No.9784313

These little boycott faggots are actually ruining the con for the people who don't care about the stupid drama. You have plenty of normies who wanna see gross Deviant titties, or buy overpriced dolls, or see overrated VAs. Why ruin it for them?

This shit is pants-on-head-retarded

>> No.9784318

>>9784057
That's some real cool slut shaming there, liberal.

>> No.9784325

>>9784318
Can you just stop being autistic for one minute and attempt to appreciate the irony?

>> No.9784332

>>9784313
Because we hate John Leigh and having to deal with hundreds of mouth breathing retards like you freaking out over anime titties is the worst punishment we could think of for him.

>> No.9784337

>>9784313
Get over it. We’re not ruining it, people are simply learning about all the things he’s done and are making the decision not to go.

>> No.9784349

>>9784313
There are plenty of other cons anon.

>> No.9784360

>>9784313
Take John's dick out of your mouth for a second anon and realize that maybe these professionals and businesses don't want to associate with a shady little shit and it doesn't have much to do with boycotters.

>> No.9784463

>>9784332
>>9784337
>>9784349
>>9784360
But that anon was sorta right about the fact that lots of people go to the con and buy things. Some merch vendors and artist ally people probably realize this and attend anyway, knowing about what happened with the Leighs and even if they don't like it, it's a chance to sell things and get more exposure. I'd understand if it was a smaller con but AM still brings in a lot of people to the Houston area and until there's another large anime oriented convention in Houston I don't think they'll stop going.

>> No.9784526

>>9784463
There's someone on facebook right now trying to sell a $700 vendor table for $350 because they don't want to fly to Houston for a con that generated lackluster profits BEFORE it was being actively boycotted.

>> No.9784530

>>9784313
hi stefan

friendly reminder that literally no one gives a shit about your opinion

die mad about it

>> No.9784549

>>9784463
What you and others like you don't seem to get is that you can't hold your breath for "another large anime oriented convention in Houston" until the Leighs are no longer in the picture because they actively go around trying to sabotage anyone they see as competition. See: Delta H Con. See: Palace of Princes.
They are bloating the Houston scene with their influence and won't let anyone else even try to coexist alongside them, which is another reason why they need to be pushed out of the scene.
"Fostering community growth", my ass.

>> No.9784553

hey Stefan how does it feel knowing you were so fucking bad at hosting hentaifest that AM had to bring in a literal porn star to get anyone to want to attend it again?

>> No.9784582
File: 21 KB, 568x167, DumbWhore.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh eat all of my ass Daniela. Your efforts go in the trash because you decided to go ride or die for a fucking pervert and you're too dumb to see the writing on the wall.

I wonder how it feels knowing the only people who believe in you are a bunch of brain dead teenage weebs in a facebook group and a man who would have raped teenage girls if he wasn't too fucking inept to pull it off.

>> No.9784595

>>9784313
Because John is a predator, you asshat. I think you're the pants-on-head retarded one, you fucking moron.

>> No.9784607

>>9784582
>Showing name
Don't get the thread pruned you nitwit.

>> No.9784610

>>9784463
>>9784313
I hope everyone attending and vending has a horrible time of it. I hope that the only thing that shows on everyone's social media is how bad it is, that's best case scenario.

>> No.9784638

>>9784607

The fuck happened to 4chan that I have to censor screenshots now. What is this, reddit?

>> No.9784640

>>9784610
The only reason I'm continuing to go is
a) no refunds (as I've just found out about these things only a few months ago), so no money back, and
b) regardless of refunds, I'm not going to buy anything extra. I'll be merely lurking for shit going down to post here, probably.

>> No.9784645

>>9784607
NAYRT but it's not even her real name, if that's of any consequence

>> No.9784647
File: 17 KB, 558x184, DumbWhore2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fine no names. But projecting 40k attendees you guys!

Still pretending everyone on earth doesn't already know their numbers are horse shit.

>> No.9784648

>>9784640
Refunds were available up until a week ago anon. And nobody needs or wants you "lurking for shit to go down", if you're on the premises at all during this con you're not on the right side of this so shoo with your half-assed attempt at vigilante drama-spotting.

>> No.9784662

>>9784648
I actually bought my pass back in May of last year when they were dirt cheap (I'm new to living in Texas) so I only found out this dirt as of November, and refunds for my purchase time bracket supposedly ended for me 30 days after purchase? I'm heavily debating not attending, but the lack of refunds up until the few days/weeks before the convention is odd...

>> No.9784670

>>9784662

Yeah you could only get a refund for 30 calendar days after the purchase date up until January 31, which AM then extended to February 5th after the Overwatch VAs cancelled.

Their refund policy is horseshit but it's EventBrite standard horseshit.

>> No.9784676

>>9784670
So it's not their fault, even? That's fucky on all sides, shit. I'll definitely try to do something with myself that weekend. I'm definitely not going to sell my pass to someone else, as to not encourage someone to go, obviously.

On another note, I also noticed that superpasses are actually still on sale, while a friend who *used* to be a six year superpass holder told me that they would always sell out in October/November. That's also odd, maybe sales dropped off?

>> No.9784678

>>9784670
Which is why I'm still going too. I bought my tickets early last year before the drama as well. I won't be attending 2019 but I'm not wasting my money for this year. Kinda weird how that 30 day refund policy is there but regardless the hotel is paid and booked for too.

>> No.9784679

>>9784662
Ah. Afaik you're right about the early badge sales having a really short refund period so I'm sorry you're screwed on that front. Either way, the absolute best thing you can do is seriously not go. Don't give ANY vendors (merch, food, etc) a reason to think it will be worth going back next year. Something else you can do is hurt the venue with your absence. Even buying from a vending machine on the property helps this con because it's solid evidence that someone was there during the event. There's no way for you to move through this space without it being to their benefit so the best thing you can do is not be there.

>> No.9784684

>>9784676

I think AM chose the least forgiving refund option on EventBrite because they're basically con grifters.

It's possible to "go" to Matsuri without supporting them. You can hang out in the hotel lobbies and in Discovery Green, take photos in the park and eat at the food trucks. Don't even need to go into the convention center unless you want to rub your dick on the Sailor Moon merch, in which case, go with god.

>> No.9784687

>>9784679
If by the **slightest** chance I do end up going by an act of God or something, I'd take this advice and pack lunches for sure. I usually pack lunches and bring them in a little insulated lunchpack to conventions regardless for budgeting.

>> No.9784690

>>9784678
You can stay at your hotel and just not go to the con, anon. You can do other stuff in Houston or just party all weekend and not directly support AM's warm body count.

>> No.9784695

>>9784313
Awww, poor pedo sympathizer is sad he wasted money on an event that's going to suck?

>> No.9784696

>>9784690
But why? I paid the money for the ticket. I honestly just want to get my moneys worth since the damage is already done. People even said above they lie about the numbers anyways. I have four other friends who don't give a fuck about the drama and already will be going too. But said friends also probably will not attend 2019 either.

>> No.9784701

If you're near the GRB and don't want to support AM you can go to Joystix near the baseball stadium for pinball and classic arcade games, then to Neil's bahr for alcohol, simpsons marathons and smash tournaments. Neil's is fine with you bringing your own food in too so you can get a pizza and carry it in.

Joystix is like four blocks from the GRB and Neil's is on the other side of the freeway, both walking distance.

>> No.9784702

>>9784549
I agree and everyone in here seems to be passionate about seeing some sort of justice about the situation, which is fine, I personally don't care. My friends and I don't go to AM anymore not because of what John did but because we don't think their convention is worth the price for what they offer. Honestly stuff like sexual assault and similar things are only going to leave dents, not kill because as bad as it sounds, people simply don't care about that kind of stuff. If the sexual assault stuff was going to take the convention down then it would have happened when this first came out 2-3 years ago. What should really be done is to rally around some people to start another con or prop up and support another (Delta H), I think that's what would really be a blow to AM, is competition. Something that does everything better than what they do and for much cheaper.

>> No.9784707

>>9784702

It's possible to both support other cons and tear chunks out of Anime Matsuri at the same time.

We've busted ass on this boycott, the cancellations hurt them no matter how much they pretend they don't. And there's bigger cancellations coming, not to mention all the articles being written.

>> No.9784714

>>9784696
You won't get your money's worth no matter how long you spend at this con because it's a huge mess. Unless you and your uninformed buddies (because at this point who is dumb enough to think any of this is "drama"?) get off on 2+ hour delays for main events, panels and other events not happening at all at the very last minute with no announcements about it, horrible line management that may mean you end up with a shit seat even though you were in line four hours early, missing panels or autograph sessions because the location changed last-minute with no announcement, and a whole bunch of unused vendor and artist booths.

>> No.9784715

>>9784707
Speaking of the cancellations, what will happen to the Nerdlesque and Hentaifest now that Cosplay Deviants pulled out?

>> No.9784718

>>9784662
Call in a fraud 'Didn't deliver on promises' through your bank. I think you have 6mo to do that depending on who you have.

>> No.9784719

>>9784715
They're going to be selling their lingerie at the SiW booth (lol) so they'll probably be low-key scouting the shoppers and asking the most naive-looking girls with the biggest tits to fill in for a last-minute "fashion show" instead. No contract/no compensation/paying with "exposure" as per their norm, but with an even more insidious double-meaning than usual.

>> No.9784752

>>9784715
My only experience with the Nerdlesque people is that they are some of the hugest cunts I've ever had the displeasure of speaking to. They would do business with Uncle Hitler's Funcentration Camp if it meant they'd get a two hour programming block in which to fwap their pancake titties around for an audience.

>> No.9784789

>>9784752
Really! I've never attended Nerdlesque before, so I honestly would have had no idea. I just know that it's a rather big and popular event, but who knows what bullshit John will come up with to replace CD, I guess.

>> No.9784795

>>9784313
Even without all the boycotting AM has been a mismanaged poorly-run piece of shit for years now

>> No.9784804

>>9784647
You do know they work underneath them right? Of course they’d over inflate the numbers to make it seem like there’s tons of people going to that convention.

>> No.9784809

>>9784647
>>9784676
Their numbers are dropping hard (no matter how hard they and their minions try to make it seem like there’s a crap ton of people). I went last year and compared to the past years it was pretty scarce and it will only continue to do so especially after this fiasco.

>> No.9784821

>>9784809
I'm really curious how scarce it's going to be, not just in attendance in general, but artist alley/vendor scarcity, as well....

>> No.9784838

AM facebook group is melting down, someone claimed the boycotters are planning a physical protest and everyone is freaking out. Bunch of tough guys trying to out reeeeeeeeeee each other.

>> No.9784849

>>9784838
Obviously they don't know what a boycott means, but whatever, I guess.

>> No.9784852
File: 75 KB, 750x401, 095052D5-D4B5-4670-B26E-9AE404FBF10A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9784838
Wow your right. That bad huh?

>> No.9784861

>>9784852
They're getting each other worked up like true autists.

"I bet there will be protesters! I bet they'll scream at us at the doors! I bet they'll try to fight us! I be they'll try to burn the building down with us in it!" This is a big weird sad fantasy.

>> No.9784865
File: 3 KB, 125x105, 1448710538518s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9784861
It's actually incredible how many idiots are in the AM Facebook group. It's so fucking absurd to the point that almost every scared post they make makes me fucking laugh my ass off.

>> No.9784876

>>9784865
It's an amazing cast of characters. The lunatic who made garbled posts about his amazing cosplay for weeks for it to end up being a shirt and a hat. The violently stupid tween girl who claims shes buying every single leftover badge to defeat the protest. Bill the he man woman hater, king of misogynists. And the new guy, captain fedora who seems to think a rapey guy throwing a room party full of rapey guys at a convention known for rape is going to attract women.

>> No.9784890

>>9784876
And then captain fedora calls it an "innocent singles party, yet 18+"

Yeah, sounds like it's an absolute rape storm. I'd rather attend a fucking organized Naruto orgy than this bullshit.

>> No.9784897

>>9784890
Oh and don't forget AS A VETERAN, I NEED MY WEEB DOLLS

>> No.9784900

>>9776947
>be mixed race
>free out of jail card for sexual assault yay?

That's more racist than pol tbhon

>> No.9784909

>>9784897

>>9784897
That “I’m a vet dude” got ripped apart in the Volks post. He also flashes the damn vet card a lot for someone who was in the coast guard

>> No.9784921

>>9784909
coasties got deployed to the joyous land of rocks and sand too. the ones who do vbss also qualify as doorkickers. i don't know if this guy was either of those though

>> No.9784941

>>9784909
Does he even collect dollfies? In the volks post he sounded just like one of those dumbasses that say they are fans/part of the community and never buy a fucking doll.

Like the fucking Lolitas at heart, but with dolls.

>> No.9784963

>>9779499
>tfw you go to AM because it's the only major con close enough you don't need a hotel room for
This is going to be my first convention and I'm choosing AM. I heard about the shit but don't really care.
>>9781175
>>9781196
thats kind of sad I guess. Looks like I should find another con to try out after AM

>> No.9784965

>>9784530
>>9784553
You must give a shit about his opinion if you're posting about him.

>> No.9784967
File: 98 KB, 634x634, IMG_v4nmse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw AM will make profit off of this year and there's nothing you butthurt millennials can do about it.

>> No.9785011

>>9784715
They are covering similar topics, but their programming isn't interrelated. Nerdesque went on for the last 2 years, and Cosplay Deviants didn't go either year.

>> No.9785101

>>9784967
Hi John. How big's the overdraft atm?

>> No.9785102

>>9784967
Hey John. How does it feel hosting the Eva event at a lost?

>> No.9785132

What do you guys think is going to hit John's account first, the check to pay FEMM that they already can't cover, or the garnishment from the pending PZ lawsuit? Can a court ordered garnishment bounce, or do they move straight into hauling assets out of the GRB?

>> No.9785161

>>9784965
lmao no
it's important to out him in these threads because, as a sympathizing abuser and child predator, his three-inch hard on throbs for John even harder than most. he keeps acting like he speaks for anyone other than himself and it's good to remind him (and other people reading) that he doesn't.

>> No.9785162

>>9784941
Not him, but his wife. He was supposedly posting on her behalf, clearly because he has more sympathy cards to play.

>> No.9785164

>>9784967
They will make profit for sure BUT it’s going to be waaaaaaay less than what they want and are used to since so many people are not going.

>> No.9785165

>>9785164
Yeah and they have more projects eating through that profit now than in the past so it's really only a matter of time before it all comes crashing down on them.
The second they stop pretending they're in the red will be the death rattle.

>> No.9785167 [DELETED] 

>>9784967
>>9784967
They will make profit for sure BUT it’s going to be waaaaaaay less than what they want and are used to since so many people are not going.

>> No.9785173

>>9785165
**the second they stop pretending they're not in the red
it's too early in the morning for me

>> No.9785229
File: 111 KB, 862x980, what the fuck is this algebraic bullshit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Uhhhhh, so I saw this this morning.
Like what is this fucking horseshit? This high schooler is using rudimentary "math" to perform a regression, and I don't even know what to say.

She's trying too hard to hop on John's dick, clearly.

>> No.9785234

>>9785229
Wow, that is absolute retardation.

>> No.9785243

>>9785229
That was ridiculous. Aside from the sheer amount of time wasted it's just stupid to base projected attendance off of Facebook followers. If we follow that logic Anime Fest would be the biggest con in the state.

>> No.9785246

>>9785229
>>9785234
>>9785243

Did you guys know? It's as easy to buy warm bodies as it is to buy facebook likes.

...ouch, that's actually truer than I meant for it to be.

>> No.9785311

>>9785246
I'm not surprised and fully believe that they buy followers for social media, but is there any way to prove it, out of any curiosity?

>> No.9785427

>>9785229
Hahaha this is so stupid does she realize that there are tons of anti-am people that “like and follow” that page to stay up to date on what everyone is saying? Those people aren’t going and there are tons of people who may have added that page a looong time ago and don’t even touch Facebook anymore. For her to base it off Facebook is the most dumbest thing to do. You need to keep track how many people there are when people walk in and have to show their passes.

>> No.9785430

>>9785229
Seems like she hasn’t heard of fake followers that have been bought.

>> No.9785483

>>9785229
This girl is extremely bizarre, she keeps spouting off on twitter and the facebook group about buying all the leftover badges and how much she loves the con and whatnot.

The only people I have seen defending this con are whackjob uggos, staff and twitch streamers/cosplayers who think being anti-sjw will get them followers. The people that do attend the con will make it an absolute shitshow, guaranteed.

>> No.9785486

>>9785483
The funny thing is that she has #Resist on her twitter, but she doesn't even remotely stand with the women who were sexually assaulted. Pick one, Rwumper.

>> No.9785529
File: 471 KB, 810x1653, 20180213_155917.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

On the topic of buying likes, this was just posted. How are there 1k+ likes and one comment by an employee?

>> No.9785543

>>9785529
Damn now we know their faking followers and attendees. How lame

>> No.9785552

>>9785483
This. There is some twitch streamer girl who’s working with them hoping to bring her fame. If only she’d realize that it’s bad fame and that they’re using her. Not to mention she thinks shes a goddess who really is a wannabee model midget with extreme butt/double chin. (And I’m sorry sugar but modeling for AM doesn’t make you a legitimate model in real life. They really scrape the bottom of the barrel.)

>> No.9785595

>>9785311
You can sometimes tell by looking at the the people who like their posts. There are, for whatever reason, a fair number of people from Brazil included in their numbers for the pugoffka post. A suspicious number of people considering the distance between AM and Brazil

>> No.9785596

>>9785483
And if she actually is a tween she's going to get sexually assaulted by one of the misogynist neckbeards, or even the Leighs themselves. IMO Denise is just as much of a pedo, she gets off on her pos husband going after young girls.

>> No.9785601

>>9785595
Not to mention on fake followers profiles show no interest whatsoever to anime,comics,j-fashion, or video games whatsoever hmmm something seems fishy

>> No.9785616

>>9785229
>I'll personally find you and you're done for
Reported for threats and harassment :^)

>> No.9785662

>>9785529
Now now, I'm sure this Ukranian cosplay photographer just happens to have a large Brazilian fanbase.

>> No.9785716

>>9785662
Pugoffka is fairly famous worldwide but the sheer concentration of Brazilians is enough to the point that it's hard to find a non-Brazilian like

>> No.9785744

>>9785662
Also the sheer amount of likes for Anime Matsuri? In just five minutes? And all from Brazil? Regardless of how many fans there are in Brazil or not, this is absurd.

>> No.9785792

>>9785161
>it's important to out someone on an anonymous imageboard where I won't even show my face because I'll get ridiculed if I don't
>implying you have any right to out someone

>> No.9785797

>>9785792
You sure tried to make a point there about something, good effort anon
If you think for a second that outing a known predator on a community-driven message board isn't a good idea then please kindly see yourself out.

>> No.9785805

>>9785744
There's about a thousand Brazilian likes of the main page. There's actually more Filipino and Indonesian likes than there are Brazilian likes of the main page. US and Mexico make up the majority of main page likes but not post likes. I haven't really looked at the evangelion announcement's likes (has 3k instead of the 1k they have on other posts) yet

>> No.9785813

>>9785792
>>9785797
Why are we talking about him again? Did he do something stupid again?

>> No.9785830

>>9785229
I thought autism was rare in females

>> No.9785844

>>9785813
He's been trying to low-key derail these threads for a while because he sympathizes with John and hates all lolitas. The comm in his area told him that he can't wear a "pikachu lolita cosplay" to meets and he hasn't been the same since.

>> No.9785847
File: 47 KB, 600x775, 9CQpH4w.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9777001
Nigga he's white as fuck, the only thing even slightly ethnic looking about him is how much he fuckin sweats, dude looks like a young Harvey Weinstein with down syndrome coated in grease.

>> No.9785848

>>9785830
This entire board is the definition of autism.
>>9785844
Why couldn't he? Lolita is like cosplay, isn't it?

>> No.9785855

>>9785844
I lol'd. Are you serious though?

>> No.9785856

>>9785855
100% serious. Was corroborated by multiple people.

>> No.9785862

I can't fucking wait for the SU VAs to drop. You're going to be able to hear that collective weeb scream from Dallas.

>> No.9785922

>>9785529
It’s fishy. Right now, there’s about 40 likes and comments but I’ve 1.2k likes. Ratio is off.

>> No.9785925
File: 149 KB, 625x626, CCCB1B99-57BB-4109-B7E6-97AA93F9F159.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9785848
>Lolita is like cosplay, right?
It’s like you’re not even trying at this point.

>> No.9786198 [DELETED] 

For anyone lurking, this entire thread is what mob-mentality looks like.

This boycott shit has turned into something completely not a boycott. Its vindictive and 1000% worse then what you originally began boycotting for. People like those in this thread have completely ruined this community with doxing, more harassment and overall viciousness.

Inb4 "get johns dick out of your mouth" try a new insult please, instead of recycling the same old ones like you do your rumors and 'horror stories'

Inb4 "bait" i know its difficult to imagine a 2nd perspective to something, but i urge you to try

People here are extremely disappointing. If you put this effort into something that mattered, we might not have a pumpkin in the whitehouse or have hollywood cleaned up of *actual* threats. Dont pretend like John is an actual threat because of stories from 2010.

>> No.9786227

>>9786198
For anyone lurking: here is a prime example of thread derailment.
Anyone with half a brain would understand that a community is ruined by predatory behavior from individuals who hold power (ie John), *and not* by individuals who make up the community protesting against said shit, illegal, and altogether unacceptable behavior.
A community can hold firm together and fortify their group values by boycotting this shitshow that is Anime Matsuri, cos you know what? If AM dies, something better will take over anyway as is the way of the world. C'est la vie

>> No.9786232
File: 99 KB, 625x626, f8WUHfs.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786198
Hi John. Nice try.

>> No.9786256 [DELETED] 

>>9786227
Thats beautiful an all, but not what this boycott is doing. Not only is it obviously being run and directed by chairman of San Japan (which has been confirmed), but you guys are feeding into it SO hard. San Japan is a shit con and doesnt know how to make it better so theyve been taking every opprotunity to try and bring others down instead, behind closed doors and facebook pages. But its ok because its to bring a predator down right?

The definition of predatory behavior is obviously lost on you babboons. Saying creepy shit once or twice and then stopping isnt predatory. Please tell the next actual victim of a sexual predator, ie me, that what theyve experienced is as bad as being told "naked pix of course". Sexual harrassment maybe but not predatory. I know the phrase "sexual predator" gets you comment likes but at least acknoledge that this entire thing has been blown way out of proportion.

>>9786232
Bait chan, you wont get me this time goddammit. You already have my heart, what more could you want T_T

>> No.9786267 [DELETED] 

We go to conventions to see friends and enjoy the events. You can pretend like AM sucks because it fits your agenda, but youve obviously never been or have no point of reference. By going to a convention, you are taking a break fron your shitty life to enjoy your hotel room, friends, and guests/merch. Youre putting money into the pockets of Houston (which desperately needs it because its a shit city, or at least used to be), the vendors and artists, and even cosplayers that prepare all year for it. The contractors, A/V guys, logitics, 3rd parties all get paid. I legit dont know how AM makes profit sometimes, but just because on dude gets paid is not a reason to burn it to the ground.

Ill say it again. You can boycott all you want, but what this page is doing is not a boycott, its malicious and narrow minded.

>> No.9786286

>>9786198
Are you... really saying that if people weren't choosing not to spend their money on AM that Donald Trump wouldn't be president? Did the AM fb kids find /cgl/?

>>9786256
>Boycott run by SanJapan
>Confirmed

Prove it

>>9786267
>You can pretend AM sucks for you agenda but you've obviously never been

Anon I've been to AM every year since it started and it does suck. From the trainsformers trailer on loop in the 5 hour reg line to the fashion show starting 3 hours late consistently year after year to the forced pre registration to participate in the cosplay contest to not offering any reimbursement or incentive to panelists...and that's just the stuff I personally experience. That doesn't even cover the harrassment or mistreatment of guests that's alleged. That doesn't count the money they stole from their friend to pay off debts or their failed arcade. It's not unreasonable to believe a person would no longer want to spend the money to attend this con. It's not like AM is cheap.

>> No.9786306 [DELETED] 
File: 149 KB, 978x590, Screenshot_20180214-105038.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786286

Am i saying that Trump is president because people go to AM? I'm going to do what no one here is familiar with and give you the benefit of the doubt and assume youre literate but just read a little fast. Try reading what i said again.

The con sucks but you go every year. Huh. Way to spew shit and prove my point in one fail swoop, champ.

Proof. Well first off, try paying close attention to the Souther cospitality page. This page is almost as cancerous as North Texas cosplay, but its run and managed by San japan staff, both of which have been advidly in support of the boycott/harass everyone going to AM movement.

>> No.9786309

Pay close attention to the group Southern Cospitality. Its almost as cancerous as North Texas cosplay, with its witch hunts and drama, but youll notice its founded and managed by SJ staff.
Pictured above is the chairman of San Japan in full swing of the boycott. Pay attention to the details and youll find that you are getting played very hard

>> No.9786331 [DELETED] 

Pictured above is the chairman of San Japan in full swing of the boycott. Pay attention to the details and youll find that you are getting played very hard

>> No.9786336

>>9786306
>>9786309
>>9786331
What did he mean by this?

>> No.9786340 [DELETED] 

>>9786306
Well damn, thats a twist I was not expecting.

>> No.9786349

>>9786340
We're all puppets on a string, gull. If you are opposed to something you obviously have to be falling in line with a shadowy secret organization that is orchestrating the downfall of the other. No independent thought allowed. You're either with us or you with them. This is the type of thought that followers of John's cargo cult are trying to perpetuate.

>> No.9786350

>>9786306
I did go every year, I'm not going this year because I don't think it's worth my money. It's poorly run and I'll go to better shows.

It's not like it's a secret Dave isn't a fan of AM but you said he was running the boycott. That didn't prove anything.

>> No.9786352 [DELETED] 
File: 1.06 MB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_20180214-113156.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786336

Heres the full screenshot of his comment on a "lets harass AM con goers and vendors" post. He is the chairman of another convention, who obviously has financial interest.

>> No.9786358 [DELETED] 

>>9786350
>put up or shut up

>not behind the boycott

You're a special kind of dumb, huh?

>> No.9786359

>>9786352
Why is it so blurry?

>> No.9786360 [DELETED] 

>>9786349

Welcome to America, friend. Im just giving you the facts. Im not AM staff, if thats what youre suggesting, i just pay attention and dont sell my opinion to mob mentality and comment likes.

>> No.9786362

>>9786360
>dont sell my opinion to mob mentality and comment likes.
Then why are you painting this as a dichotomy?

>> No.9786363 [DELETED] 

>>9786359
Because i screenshotted the whole conversation on my phone, which butchered the resolution. I can probably grab a better one later

>> No.9786368 [DELETED] 

>>9786362

I havent, thats just the playing field that boycott AM/San Japan has created for us. This entire thing has been perpetuated as "with us" or "against us".

They say that if you go, youre an avid supporter of sexual harassment, which is the dumbest thing ive ever heard, but what they literally say.

Otherwise, if you dont go, youre taking a stand and you get brownie points and comment likes. Thats my point

>> No.9786370 [DELETED] 
File: 95 KB, 518x905, sp00ky.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786336
Here's the OP Dave Henkin was referring to on FB

>> No.9786373 [DELETED] 

>>9786370
>being in a group like southern cosplitality.

Isn't that page admined by San japan staff?

THE PLOT THICKENS

>> No.9786387 [DELETED] 
File: 186 KB, 1046x362, THICKENING.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786373
to drive the stake further, lookey here. (1/2)

>> No.9786390 [DELETED] 
File: 67 KB, 766x228, awshitnigga.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

(2/2)

>> No.9786397 [DELETED] 
File: 1.26 MB, 1440x2507, 20180214_121307.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786373
Yup

>> No.9786399 [DELETED] 

My faith in humanity is a little restored, thanks for *actually* looking into it.

The boycott has a fucking agenda, dont let their stupid drama ruin your good time. I get that there are people that just dont want to risk supporting a sexual predator, but they need to know thats not the case. No one deserves to be needlessly guilt tripped.

>> No.9786404 [DELETED] 
File: 2.85 MB, 1079x6669, Screenshot_20180214-122046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Southern cosplitality may as well be the official "boycott am" page at this point.

>> No.9786421 [DELETED] 
File: 290 KB, 300x219, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9786434

>>9786373
>>9786387
>>9786390
>>9786397
Wow anon way to waste your time proving something that was stated in the original post. Great detective work there.

>> No.9786438 [DELETED] 

>>9786434
>great job providing proof for a statement made in the original post

Thanks annon!

>> No.9786440 [DELETED] 

>>9786434

Boycotters are the type of people that believe things the second they hear something. They need proof.

>> No.9786449 [DELETED] 

>>9786434
Wouldn't be surprised if anon or OP was San Japan staff

>> No.9786451

So, when did Anime Matsuri tell their Facebook group about 4chan because this thread was fine until
>>9785229

Now it's full of a bunch of conspiracy theories about SJ and some no names. I wonder if it's just the AM staff being deployed by John, that seems like a more legitimate conspiracy.

>> No.9786459 [DELETED] 

>>9786451

This is the product of people glazing over comments, to get the "gist".

Its not a theory, its literally proven in thr screenshots and basic comprehension. Are you so dense that youd rather say no to FACT and side with your own baseless assumption? Sounds like a boycotter, alright haha.

Inb4 "matsuri staff" Because no. Again, just observant and not stupid.

>> No.9786461 [DELETED] 

>>9786451

"My echo chamber stopped shouting my stupidity back at me."

XD my sides

>> No.9786463 [DELETED] 
File: 474 KB, 200x113, 200w.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786451
>some no names

TIL the chairman of San japan is a no name

>everyone who disagrees with me must be AM staff

Have you ever just thought that us normal people are tired of the boycotts BS? Like seriously? fuck off dave. Stay in San Antonio, leave Houston alone.

>> No.9786467

>>9786459
>>9786461
>>9786463

Did John hire correct the record or some shit JFC. Go shill on Facebook.

>> No.9786468 [DELETED] 

>>9786463
Dude who rather bring down another con than save his own dying con. Now that's desperate.

>> No.9786477

>>9786463
(sorry for wall of text, but)

I'm neither an aggressive boycotter nor an AM stan, but there's still lots of people who have been scammed by the Leighs, women who have legitimately been assaulted by John, and who have been silenced by him, his wife, and other AM staff. I feel like both sides are shitting conspiracy-like bullshit at the moment, and I personally believe that people who are against AM need to rally against John and any of his enablers full steam-ahead, rather than picking at low-hanging fruit. If the con burns down with them, fine. If the con just gets sold to someone else, fine. The boycott movements need to focus on the real problems: fraudulent business practices and John's predatory behavior. I just personally want John out of AM and for people who are victims of the Leighs' behavior to have some kind of justice, whatever that may be.

If the whole BoycottAM/Southern Cospitality bullshit is just some ruse set up by San Japan for the sake of their business, fine; I choose to no longer support that group, since their motives are rotten on those terms. However, there are still people who have been directly victimized by the Leighs that we still need to help them stand up for themselves, whether that's having the Leighs step down, or go full-speed ahead in pressing charges against them for all the shit they've done.

>> No.9786485 [DELETED] 

>>9786477

Ive been going to AM for 2 or 3 years but im not staff either.

Assaulted by John? Now, thats new.
How has he assaulted someone? When were charges pressed against him?

If youre referring to those creepy fb messages/comments from years ago, that is not assault. Assault is violence, molestation or rape. If you can prove that, ill jump on the boycott train in a heartbeat. Otherwise, use the correct word.

From what ive read, nobody has been able to prove those practices, id still like to see proof of that. Like owing rent to the Planet Zero does nothing for me. We've all made bad financial decisions, i dont really give a shit about that. What fraud has he committed? Proof will be asked for if you dont include it, because when its this many years after the fact.

>> No.9786503

>all the SJ conspiracy posts that proved it was started by them and Southern Cospitality are deleted

Hmm. Is it because the names weren't censored? Or is there another shady agenda happening here on cgl? Cause if the names need to be censored, cool whatever, I saved those images and can scrub the names.

>> No.9786504

>>9786503
Probably realized they needed to tactically retreat. Only one post that I saw had specific names

Tfw you missed a couple of posts before they got deleted

>> No.9786506

>>9786504
That was definitely a mod driven deletion.

>> No.9786560

someone proves that San Japan is behind the boycott and then suddenly gets deleted. some SJ staffers either reported it wanting it gone, but I saw no reason for those comments to get hammered

how deep does this go O_o

>> No.9786569

>>9786560
The "proof" was someone saying they supported the boycott. It was not a smoking gun saying they were organizing and funding a conspiracy to destroy AM. That's like saying anyone who doesn't like a president is conspiring to depose of him too.

>> No.9786582
File: 549 KB, 750x1290, C12FD530-E588-42C8-A514-5E867E07F2B0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

San Japan and Southern Cospitality have nothing to do with any of the @BoycottMatsuri accounts. Source: I run them all.

>> No.9786583

>>9786569
Yeah honestly Dave is just echoing the sentiment of every other conrunner in the area (even outside of Texas). He’s not some criminal mastermind and anybody trying to frame him that way is just impatiently standing in line to slobber on John’s knob.

>> No.9786593

>>9786560
It doesn't go anywhere. The fb screens had personal information all over them and the other deleted comments were shills. The mods are just doing their job.

Thanks mod-chan for keeping the tread on topic

>> No.9786599

>>9786560
>O_o
get out.

>> No.9786617

>>9786593
The thread is already on auto sage so we're going to need a new one soon enough

>> No.9786623

>>9786617
What's your point? They'll just delete it there. They deleted the threads outright for a while because people were posting John screen caps without the names omitted.

>> No.9786624 [DELETED] 

>>9786569
The proof was the chairman of SJ himself instructing people on how and when to protest and saying quote

"We have been at this for 3 years"

The further proof was showing the links between southern cos, and San japan staff (litterally admined by SJ staff) and that according to a southern cosplitality post

"A friend of southern cosplitality" had put together a dox list including names phone numbers and home addresses of people involved with AM.

It's ok, I screenshotted the whole thread before it's deletion, and archived on wayback.

>> No.9786639

>>9786624
Cool, you can censor the names and post it for us. It'll follow the rules and not get deleted.

>> No.9786641

>>9786635
New thread.

>> No.9786655
File: 792 KB, 1080x2645, 20180214_165451.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786639

>> No.9786662
File: 1.26 MB, 1440x2506, 20180214_165957.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786639

>> No.9786666
File: 2.85 MB, 1079x6669, Screenshot_20180214-122046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786639

>> No.9786673

>>9786666
>>9786662
>>9786655
See? Much better presentation than just throwing out a few posts without anything backing them up. Now people have more information with which to weigh and make judgement with

>> No.9789488

>>9776294
You say his dad is nigerian. Nigeria is a beautiful country. He can go home and try not paying vendors. They would shame him, force him to pay, and put him on house arrest.
>>9776567
Black twitter will either ignore or laugh. Going back to him not paying vendors.

>> No.9789942
File: 66 KB, 720x960, Check.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9776294
Speaking of the race card