[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 73 KB, 480x480, 4B6AFD09-2490-4519-B7BE-1FF265192773.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9733389 No.9733389 [Reply] [Original]

Came to ask a question in the winter thread only to find it’s been archived. Hope you guys don’t mind another!

I live in an area where freezes are rare and winter is akin to others’ spring or fall. But we’re looking at moving northwards and taking a trip this winter to see if we can stand the cold. Only problem is my wardrobe is NOT prepared for this.

I’m thinking I want to try and just invest in some fleece lined leggings or other warm undergarments, but I’m feeling a little overwhelmed searching online. Any recommendations on how to stay toasty without breaking bank?

>> No.9733423

>>9733389
It really depends on the person. I live near Canada and tried the leggings thing but no. I require pants with multiple layers, anything less means my skin gets frostbite. However I've seen chicks go out in skirts in the dead of winter to go drinking. They're also the type to drive from place to place so they're outside as little as possible, I live in the city so I walk everywhere. See how you acclimatize when you move. And lastly thermal leggings are like ten bucks, use those to layer.

>> No.9733442

>>9733389
Two pairs of pants is how I do it. Long johns under everything. I have a commuter coat too, which is basically a down blanket with sleeves.

>> No.9733446

Sweater tights are my best friend. And they honestly are warmer than jeans as they don't get all cold in the lose areas.

Cute large wool coats help as they can hide lots of layers without making you look like a hobo

>> No.9733494

>>9733389
Primark has these lined tights that keep me super warm during winter in Boston. I walk everywhere and these pants are probably over 2 years old and still holding up.
https://www.primark.com/en-ie/product/black-velvet-lined-leggings,d35397112000949

>> No.9733509

Walmart has fleece/thermal leggings and tights for 5-15 bucks.
It's just layers but you'll still need a good jacket on top of everything
and a proper scarf