[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 187 KB, 697x689, 2017-12-15_14-41-18.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9722346 No.9722346 [Reply] [Original]

Hey there, I'm new to this board relatively and new to overall Cosplay/anime wear thing. I have a question regarding anime themed glasses frames and putting prescription lenses in them.

I plan to buy some Madoka Magica themed frames because it's my favorite show, and yes they're expensive but my ones currently are absolutely trashed and I'm interested. I'll post a picture of the frames in question and link them as well, but my question is basically where would I go to put prescription lenses in them here in the USA? The japanese prescription site and how to do it all is a bit over my head as I dont speak the language.

link: https://eyemirror.jp/madoka-magica/

tl;dr: Prescription lenses in Anime themed frames? How and where should I get them done at?

>> No.9722364

>>9722346
Buy them and take them to any optometrist you’d normally go to. I don’t buy fandom frames, but sometimes I buy cute frames from LenseCrafters and take them to my loca doctor that’s in my insurance network because he has a terrible selection. It’s never been an issue before.

>> No.9722386

>>9722346
Most places will do it, the issue isn’t where but the cost. Good luck!

>> No.9722601

>>9722346
The problem with these anime themed glasses frames.... if they're plastic, they're easily breakable. $151 down the drain.

If you can get wire frames, do that. I spent so much of my younger school days with perpetually broken plastic framed glasses I swore them off when I got my first metal / wire frames. And they're not broken once.

>> No.9722966

>>9722601
That sucks anon, but not all plastic frames are created equal. Some are flexible/shock absorbing and just personally I've never snapped a pair.

>>9722346
Seconding going to your usual optometrist who gets your prescription, or as other anons have suggested whichever optometrist is the least costly. If you could understand the website then getting your prescription first and then filling it in would be an option but oh well.

Interestingly, even though those frames aren't the cheapest, they're still much cheaper than any frames in my country because of the monopoly a certain company has over glasses. I like getting glasses from Asia because they're cheaper and always have nose pads for my tiny flat nose.

>> No.9723744

google for "akujinscos"
he does a bunch of custom glasses. could probably shoot him a message to see if he'll do custom ones.

>> No.9724865

Walmart doesthem for pretty cheap (relatively) you have to have the paper with your prescription on it tho

>> No.9724882

>>9723744
Pfffffffffffffffft he laser cuts glasses from sheet acrylic which is stupid brittle shit that will snap if you sit on it. They are purely for costumes and besides anon is asking about getting lenses.

>> No.9725644

I'd love to own Bayonetta's glasses as my secondary pair for special occasions, but the official collab is way too expensive if we consider the prescription lenses I need. Are there any other versions out there?