[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 843 KB, 597x597, lumina.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9688191 No.9688191 [Reply] [Original]

Old thread - >>9674268

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet (NEW!) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w3peD9VtAPM9cuIjYlexb7nHOkUfFs_Fcyv21UYakV4/edit#gid=0

/cgl/ Resources Spreadsheet (under construction) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19XZ308_3yoOKiTmgUA_DfgeqW4ddTCB_e6Zz1wnIJA8/edit#gid=827059689

Previously:
-Are managers/leaders necessary?
-Some shit went down in Michigan
-/cgl/ remembers male odottemita exists

Thread challenge: Say something good about a group that sucks. Point out a flaw in a group you like.

Featured photo: Lumina Scarlet

nyan nyanpire nyanpire nyan nyan

>> No.9688222

For all the crappiness of Platinum Happy, they at least know how to keep a group running! I admire them for being in the scene for so long, it takes a lot of work.

I love, love, LOVE Paida, but she could work on her smaller movements. She’s a lot better at bigger ones, in my honest opinion.

>> No.9688224

Stellure Summary:
-Nobody in the group apologized for or even addressed Nix's outburst. Drama seems to have subsided for now.
-According to a "close friend" of hers, Stella left mainly due to conflict with Mimi being too idealistic and overzealous with her goals for Stellure. She recently apologized and reconciled with Mimi and is excited for the new members.
-Still no word on those two postponed songs, One Step Ahead of the Game and Wish's Promise, or any potential projects with the new members yet.

Other stuff:
-Reminiscing on the net idols of yesteryear (Pinku Project, Promise Sisters, etc.)
-Attend some net idol's birthday party/performance for $20+ https://www.facebook com/events/319167198555956/
-Comparing dance covers is fun. Here's Toluthin Antenna. https://viewsync.net/watch?v=ppNUvX-Lsbg&t=1&v=_wiFcxNJlDE&t=1&v=2MVXut26Hk8&t=9&v=94Ge-pu3wcA&t=0

>> No.9688236

>>9688191

I like the fact that the new groups like munique are trying to keep the original 9's spirit going despite being up against groups who have more experience and moving on to Aquors as their cover group.

As a Sigma Omega fan, I felt their Halloween expo was the weakest so far, the energy just simply wasn't there compared to the other groups who went all out to set themselves apart.

>> No.9688254

Is it ok to post cover group feels here? i've been so stressed lately. most of my group are lovely people and a few are just... super flakey. and we're not popular enough to get auditions to replace them, and I feel bad whenever i have to post on the instagram that someone has left. i'm in a really crappy situation, but at least doing dances missing one or two girls isnt like... the worst thing ever.

any advice?

>> No.9688313

>>9688254
Everything I say is assuming you are leader of this group. Let people go if they’re that flaky. You’re right that doig dances missing one or two people isn’t the worst thing but that’s only if you’re able to rework with them missing. If people keep leaving though you’ll have no choice but disband or hold auditions.

>> No.9688393

>>9688254

Rework things to fill in for missing people. In all seriousness waiting for people to come in and replace them is the worst idea ever if you have people leaving constantly, because new girls will have to catch up, and the ones who have been there for a while will get bored waiting to be able to complete and film a dance if that's what you're going for. You can easily be waiting for up to a year before that dance gets completed.

>> No.9688484
File: 693 KB, 720x1129, 20171110_083247.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I thought idols weren't supposed to date? Jk though, because I hate that rule and I'm happy that this decreases the likelihood of Mimi/Nix romantic drama.

>> No.9688515

>>9688484
Well, that's really not "forbidden", but also really risky to do in Japanese idol culture, who idols are devoted to her fans (almost all males).
Nowadays, producers are taking advantatge of the young idols to impose that idea like a rule.

But all this is just in Japanese culture. I think out of that culture, and non-japanese idol can have a boyfriend, but she needs to care about her fans too (most of the idol popularity is based on how near they are with her fans).

>> No.9688584

>>9688393
We definitely wouldn't wait on anyone. And people aren't necessarily 'constantly' leaving, but since we got 9 members the first time, four members have left since. I feel like 7 members are permanent, but the other two are just... never communicating with us, so it's already like they aren't there.

I guess mostly I'm not brave enough to give out warnings or kick people out. This group is just for fun, but when people don't communicate, the group turns really stressful really fast.

>> No.9688966

>>9688515

Also its classic work life vs social life. No one likes the girl who dated a person in the industry for fame and sex. And the outsider because they make the lines of fantasy and real life too blurry. I dont want to be asked by my social circles about leaks or nudes if I was dating the idol.

>> No.9689023

>>9688584
Even though it's fun, you need to think of what you are doing as an investment. Doesn't matter if it's a hobby. You are spending your effort, energy and probably money into this and if people are not as passionate as you are, cut them off. I'm serious. Get rid of them as quick as possible. The sooner the better because if you drag it out, it's just going to get worse. And I get that it's tough to make certain decisions but your group is as strong as your weakest link. Write agreements and have people sign them. Establish warnings and enforce them if people break the guidelines. Don't waste your precious time on those who can't even give the decency or the respect to follow through on the bare minimum. Communication and practice should be treated as the essentials for team work and if the whole entire group can not get their shit together, it's going to ultimately fail. You do not deserve that kind of treatment from people.

>> No.9689030

https://youtu.be/YhNmP3tE9jk
The song is so monotone, and while I guess that's kind of the point of the theme and it doesn't necessarily sound awful, it's boring to sit through for a live performance. You can see one of the three audience members scrolling through his phone from 2:37 to 3:20.

The songs that she used for her intro and outro sounded pretty okay aside from some bland lyrics. ("I'm a rebel, I resist what someone tells me.")

>> No.9689039

>>9689030
I'm kind of amazed that Himezawa hasn't really improved at all after all these years.

>> No.9689059

>>9689030
That venue is dead empty.
She would be better off performing in a cemetery.

>> No.9689327

>>9689030
Monotone done way better
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZGa83psp84

>> No.9689360

Is Stellure the new PT?

>> No.9689432

>>9689360
I think a more fair comparison would be Mimi rather than the group as a whole. Although they share plenty of similarities (refusing to listen to criticism, throwing a tantrum or two, and making some mediocre music/dance videos), Mimi still can't quite compare to the queen. If she was delusional enough to believe Stellure could become a huge sensation in Japan comparable to μ's and Aqours and inserted random Japanese phrases into her speech and songs then maybe. But you never know. Stellure is only just beginning to shine~

>>9689039
In addition to her lack of improvement, she's been decreasing in relevancy as well. This is from nearly 2 years ago. There's more than 3 people in the audience and some of them are actually kind of chanting and swaying along.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWTB-tKy5Y

>> No.9689579

>>9689360
Sorry if this is a stupid question but PT?

>> No.9689989

Can we just talk about new Aqours song? In the past most of you guys criticized Muse style because they're just "plain cute idols" and that doesn't represent actual idol movement (and I agree).
I think with Aqours, not in the start of the group but now they want to make more actual to the real movement. The outifts really looks very modern (like harajuku) and the dance looks like Momoclo reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2wq-D3A2Lo

>> No.9690023

>>9689989
I remember that convo. It was more along the lines of both dance, music, and looks if I remember correctly. I agree that Aqours more and more is taking a different route but I still think that at the start, they still started off a bit better than u’s. What specific part looks like Momoclo though?

>> No.9690085

>>9690023
not really an specific part, just the whole idea of making an spectacle with alternative dance

>> No.9690791

>>9689989
How long until someone injures themselves seriously trying to replicate Chica's flip? Taking bets

>> No.9690939

>>9690791
they want all dance cover makers to die

>> No.9690953

>>9690939
It's natural selection

>> No.9690986

>>9688484
Why does!!!!! She!!!!!! Write like that!!!!

>> No.9690994

>>9689989
I like the outfits, some parts of some of them are bad, like Kanans weird long leg cover, shorts under shorts and the hideous belts, but otherwise I like these. I like Yohane's horns. I haven't listened to Love Live songs in a long time but the song is nicer than many that were in the game when I played. I still think Aqours still sounds a lot like μ's though. Like, evolved μ's.

>> No.9691001

>>9690986
Because??? Its how teens write today!!! Its really stupid!!!!

>> No.9691058
File: 2.78 MB, 1242x2208, C1B62B94-67BF-4623-A4D1-901AA9BE0B88.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Honestly I’m so confused. One Step Ahead has been recorded and Wish’s Promise is Mimi’s solo. Why has NEITHER been released especially Mimi’s? Mimi’s doesn’t need anyone else to shoot or record so that should’ve been done, One Step Ahead was already recorded and should’ve been edited by now even at a slow pace, and then there’s another group song being worked on. I hope they aren’t planning some stupid maxi single where there’s all 3 (or 4 is if they give the new girls a song since One Step Ahead is just 5) because that wastes time.

>> No.9691060

>>9691001
>>9690986
stop it Im getting tumblr flashbacks

>> No.9691069

>>9689989
choreo is still pretty standard but the half handstand and front flip are a cool addition. can't wait to see aidoru wannabe westerners butcher it or better yet just replace the flip with a spin kek

>> No.9691070

I woke up this morning to my group's dance cover being taken off youtube for copyright

I've actually never had to deal with this before, what do I do? omg

>> No.9691102

>>9691070
change the pitch of the song and reupload. thats all you can really do

>> No.9691122

>>9691058
As someone who used to release covers on youtube with a group, and knowing what kind of things can happen while recording and dancing, they might have had difficulties with one step ahead of the game? Maybe with editting? OR they might be recording it again (which would be surprising but it is a possibility) but they should have said something more specific so people actually know what's going on because I agree, the song should have been released by now ESPECIALLY Mimi's solo. She either has nothing done, or she's too scared because she knows it's going to be bad.

>> No.9691165

>>9689989
The dance is still fucking mediocre. Why.

>>9690791
I can already picture the group of fatties. The fat chika with bulldog cheeks and a waist larger than her bust, tiny shoulders that only emphasize her huge gut. She lowers her rotund body and pretends to try and touch the floor. Spins while bent over, pretending it's a flip. The fatties on the background sort of kneel and lower their faces to pretend they're doing the pushup position. They all take five full seconds to get back up and the rest of the dance is all messed up.

It will be glorious

>> No.9691190

>>9691165
I think it was still fun to watch and maybe they're trying to bear in mind the seiyuus during live shows to give them a break or something. That and the flip had to be the centrepiece so everything else couldn't be too flashy.

>> No.9691220
File: 350 KB, 225x126, 1374154405399.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9691165
i can't fucking wait holy shit

>> No.9691227

>>9691165
love live dances are kinda basic, because the seiyuus sing while doing them. they cant be very extreme

>> No.9691234

>>9691227
I was on my way to comment on how that’s untrue until I remembered that idols aren’t seiyuus and seiyuus aren’t idols. Trained very differently.

>> No.9691397
File: 1.52 MB, 1719x1920, 17-11-12-18-31-30-909_deco.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Meanwhile LL cover groups *REEEEEEEEEE*

But hard agree, I have a hard time taking these groups any sliver of seriously. You aren't idols, you're cosplayers. But even though covers can be cool, after the 300th time some bland group of mismatched poorly cosplayed groups of weeaboo dances, it gets old.

>> No.9691411

>>9691397
Im in a lovelive group but totally understand where this come from, there a loooooot of them

>> No.9691418

>>9691397
My local group is beginning to expand into idolmaster and covering real idol groups. I'm blessed.

>> No.9691427

>>9691397
>honestlyidolconfessions
>"we have no rules!!"
>"oh but don't send hate"
lol

>> No.9691468

>>9691070
Honestly, just file a dispute. Youtube trys to scare you off by throwing a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo at you, but Ive had several of my videos copyright struck and filed disputes for them. They all got unblocked and I never heard anything back from youtube in the 30day response period, Most of the time the copyright holder doesnt really seem to give a shit. You may lose monetization rights but I mean if you're doing dance videos you're not really in it for the money

>> No.9691482

>>9691427
>We just don’t want you to submit anything unnecessarily hateful about an idol or an idol group
I don’t know about you anon, but if I were confessed about I’d rather hear “anon is an ugly fat singer who can’t hold a note” than that plus “who should just kill herself because she’s only making peoples ears bleed”. Do we have different definitions of “unnecessary”?

>> No.9691527

>>9691482
These instagram groups define unessecary hate as anything that doesn't claim what they are doing is perfect. I don't even think original honest-chan would let a "kill yourself" post happen but instagram definition of unessecary hate is different from both our definitions.

>> No.9691546

>>9689579
Pixyteri, /cgl/'s queen and idol.

>>9691451
...Okay? Got any proof of them being as awful as you say they are?

>> No.9691618
File: 689 KB, 640x1136, 95CDC01B-221C-45C7-BBCA-103BD590321E.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wonder if she will wear Mimi to a con.

>> No.9691881
File: 170 KB, 679x533, ignis-pixel-poi-200-hd-pattern-jewels_1.x754.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What sort of things do you wish more net idol groups would/could do?

I would love to see an idol performance with custom digital poi. They're light-up twirling-batons that you can upload images to and program to change in time with the music, and they look spectacular!
Live concert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG3dUXS7M7g
Music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiHYbWVW_6s
Imagine a mahou shoujo idol group twirling rainbows, sparkles and hearts around them! But at $100-$1000+ depending on the brand and model, I don't think this will be a trend among amateur idols anytime soon lol...
I also wish more net idols were able to create original songs, but it can be difficult and costly to create a high-quality song (along the lines of Honey Hime and 4TE) so it's understandable why many don't.

As for something more affordable, I wish more groups would do livestreams (dance practices, live performances, Q&As, playing idol mobage or something) and interact with their audience more instead of just uploading a selfie with a fun fact every now and then.

>> No.9691912

>>9691881
At one of °C-ute’s concerts, they did something like that only less extreme.
https://youtu.be/Vy2yDtP6BwQ
Personally, I think aside from the cost, the training in general would be pretty hard. Take H!P for example. They occasionally do stunts and they train for those. Even then there’ve been issues with accidents. So imagine net idols/indie idols working on their own. Then imagine digital poi. It’s an accident waiting to happen sadly.

I also wish more net idols would make original msuic, but honestly? If you establish yourself enough (or even before you do) and get in contact with producers, it’s not as hard as you think to work out a price. I’ve once spoken to a guy who worked on a °C-ute song who was really willing to let me pay $500 instead of $1k for some music. It is expensive but it’s also about how much you really care to. You’d save if you have to.

I do agree with this too. With the normal/more known net idols, the issue is usually gaining enough traction to even do those things without talking to an empty room. That’s one of the reasons I like/d Minty Pop and why I like Platinum Happy. PH does streams on Showroom pretty often and other content and at one point, MP was playing games and such. With the instagram anime idols, I don’t see it happening. With groups that are JUST voice, they don’t seem to care enough for anything other than story and good comments. For groups like a Stellure, the same pretty much applies. Stellure literally has the ability to showcase themselves more individually and in groups yet doesn’t.

>> No.9691913

>>9691912
Thinking more on the digital poi topic, I can honestly see an indie Japanese (or even western) group that’s actually centered around it. It’d be one of the groups with serious funding from an investor but it’d probably get them to mainstream pretty quickly if they were super cool with it. But it’d be hard to kind of incorporate that with dance on a stage without having to set them down and pic them up a lot. Or without hitting your friend.

>> No.9691930

just saw that sunrise's chika have 10+ years of cheerleading experience, the stunt in the new song should be a piece of cake for her

dunno about the headstand thing for the other girls tho yikes

>> No.9691968

>>9691930
They're not headstands, they're flying falls, I don't know if thats the proper name for them but it's something I first saw in Haikyuu years ago. Hinata and Kageyama do them 23 seconds into the first OP
https://youtu.be/2---3Iysnqg?t=20s

I can understand mistaking them for headstands in LL, seeing as we're seeing it from the front, but from the side they look more like they're sliding down onto their stomachs

>> No.9692117

I'm in the mood for some cringe. Anyone got anything to share?

https://youtu.be/MWK-RYdxTaY

>> No.9692120

>>9691618
For fucks sake mimi. If you want to cosplay then either drop the idea of needing new outfits for every song or let someone else handle the costumes for stellure.

>> No.9692141

>>9691930
>>9691968
*meant handstand wtf (still wrong tho)

>> No.9692142

>>9692117
she should have taken parts of the other characters' dances to get rid of the awkward pauses. and also put her petticoats a little lower

>> No.9692148

>>9688515
Yes it is! People dont listen to this post. Its better to not date and see if your fans will stick by you if you date. Basically if you date you better be a 100% singer/dancer and even then you might not be an idol but just a regular dancer.

>> No.9692162

>>9689030
Did she write "clock machine". I like it but her vocals are bad? One of the audience members was laughing at her. You can see him look back toward the start. She has almost 2 thousand views.

>> No.9692179

>>9692148
Dating bans are not written rules and are not in contracts otherwise many idols would be actively violating contract as we speak. Some may choose to stay without a boyfriend for their career but that doesn’t mean all of them will.

>> No.9692191

>>9692117
Why did she not even... follow You’s parts for the dance? like even if she left the moments of nothing in there, if she had at least actually followed the part of You it would be forgiveable.

>> No.9692205

>>9692179
In asian you cant date and in the usa you can go steady but cant sex. This is only for real idols. No dating is written into contracts. Take justin bieber. He was everyones "boyfriend" until his mgmt annouced he was dating. Then he stopped being an idol. Selena gonez and demi lovado were never idols. Beyonce was an idol and wasnt allowed to date. No japonese idol is allowed to date unless they are old. Leetuk and siwon from super junior cant date and leetuek is is in his 30's. Exo cant date. If these netidols are serious they wouldnt date. Micheal jackson was an idol and a real sinher and he couldnt date for years. To post its not what you think its whats true. Search idol dating ban.

>> No.9692241

>>9692205
Are you stupid? First off, if we’re talking about idols then Western artists don’t count. The term idol does NOT exist in Western culture the way it does in Asia. In fact, there would be no net idols if the term and genre had not spread beyond Japan and South Korea. Not publically announing your relationship =/= not dating at all. Second, Japan and South Korea are VERY different markets with VERY different ideals. We are speaking about Japanese idols. Even in South Korea, the ban only exists for a period of time. Just to disprove your comment: more than one Exo member have been confirmed to have been dating especially within the company. And I would again like to reiterate that not publically announcing your relationship DOES NOT EQUAL not dating at all or being unable to date. Third, I understand what the dating ban is. I don’t have to search anything and this isn’t what I think. This is what I KNOW. You’ve obviously not been around for when idols have come out with dating scandals that have been swept under the rug because they were popular. In fact, I’ll give you a perfect idea of why the dating ban does not truly exist: in July, during AKB’s yearly sousenkyou, Ririka Sutou announces that she was engaged. There was major backlash but do you know what else came from that? The knowledge that the dating ban does not truly exist becuase staff members - who would also know of the ban - were aware of engagement. If the girls knew these bans (which, again, in Japan are not written except for occasional indie idol cases) would cause them their jobs, they wouldn’t even think about it. Yet somehow, we have girls who still caught out on dates and girls who are engaged and girls who have their photos leaked. The dating ban exists but not in the way it’s always portrayed. Get your know-it-all head out of your ass.

>> No.9692242

>>9692205
While I don't disagree completely about what you said about dating bans, there are some things that aren't completely correct either. In Korea at least, dating bans are temporary. It's why you hear about idols mentioning that said ban will be lifted soon. Super Junior's Shindong has had two relationships that have been known to the public (and I'm pretty sure he's still in a relationship) and Eli from U-Kiss is married. For the female side of things, Sulli from f(x) is also in a relationship. And speaking of both f(x) and Exo, Krystal and Kai were in a relationship (which was confirmed by SM) in 2016.

I think the Korean Idol industry is starting to slowly become more open about allowing their idols to date. Sure there will be crazed fans, but that can be said of any entertainment industry that run in a similar fashion. That being said, I can't speak for how far the Jidol industry has come in regards to this. But, in my opinion, if you're a newly debuted idol you should hold off with being public about your romantic relationships until you've cemented yourself in the industry

>> No.9692252
File: 49 KB, 900x753, hawoo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692205
Im deadass laughing at this. Did you pull all of this out of your ass while watching Love Live?

>> No.9692263

>>9692117
aside from the awkward poses the dance really isn't bad and the cosplay doesn't hurt my eyes either, I'd like to see her improve.

>> No.9692267
File: 363 KB, 1080x1557, 81736191876.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just gonna leave this here since its causing a minor stir up :^)

>> No.9692271

>>9692241
desu most of the net idols dont actually think they'll be REAL IDOLS
my group called ourselves idols but we were fully aware we were just weeby friends who wanted to dance together, and IF on the crazy offchance we got to perform in japan that would be amazing, but we know we'll just be dancing at occaisional cons for fun and being goofy together

therefore, we will continue dating our partners because why would we let a silly hobby dictate the rest of our lives and relationships

>> No.9692294

>>9692271
I never said you couldn’t date anon. Mistaken reply??

>> No.9692298

>>9692267
>aren’t comfortable showing faces
>don’t want people finding personal accounts
Then why do most of these groups also include who voices these characters along with their Instagram handles.

>> No.9692322

>>9692294
heck, yeah, that was meant for the one you responded to rippp

>> No.9692336

While I don't agree with the kind of ideology behind idol dating bans, I do understand why companies want to put them in place. (If an agency/production company will make more money from an idol that appears single to their fans versus one that doesn't, they will obviously either write it in contracts or do everything in their power to cover up relationships)

I'm in a cover group myself and it has recently led to some opportunities that could put me in a position of being under japanese management. I am in a relationship however that is serious and long term so I've taken the precautions of privating my instagram and removing some photos on social media just in case that could affect my chances of moving forward with this new group. Do I like that I have to do that? No, I think it's silly. Am I still going to do it? Hell yeah. I'm not stupid, like >>9692241 and >>9692242 said, I've been in the scene long enough to know that you don't have to end your relationship immediately or anything but you'd also be pretty dumb to debut and have it displayed super publicly.

>> No.9692344

Unrelated to most of what's being discussed, but I came across a good tumblr account (worldwide-odottemita @ tumblr) that has a list of both inactive and active non-Japanese odorite. The account hasn't been updated in a while, but it's still a good resource for those looking for new dancers to follow.

>> No.9692366

>>9692267
>>9692298
then why do they WANT TO BE IDOLS, what do they PLAN TO DO IN THE FUTURE, assuming they actually watched love live WHAT DO THEY THINK WILL COME OF THIS if they don't show their faces? do they think they'll amass a large following from just... nothing? and the followers will interact with their drawings and posts?

they whine when people call them roleplay groups but i swear to god if you only ask them about their plans and what kind of dynamic they envision, they're able to tell you it's a literal roleplay group, just... not with those words. socrates would be writhing in pain, having an aneurysm and shitting himself at the sight of this

>> No.9692423

Some newer love live covers left over from halloween:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGd6Sd_Kxss
Their costumes look amazing and I liked the glitter throw but it seems it's all for not since the dance was all over the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afM0g7IQWwE&t=10s
I find it sad when there's no one in the group that even stands out, they all kind of have varying levels of together-ness and energy but not one of them really shines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diIx_215TNM&t=85s
I've been seeing more and more groups that incorporate gender-bended characters in. Not sure how I feel about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF48w3zRZ7g
Their nozomi has some... interesting moves and some parts. They have a carved pumpkin up front though which is cool I guess.

And for some variety, a not so new im@s and vocaloid cover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9S6OcM2ync
I like her energy, and the cosplay doesn't look too bad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuAugjl7chY
They could be a tad more polished but these two seem cute.

>> No.9692543

>>9692423

the pumpkin was most likely there to decide the center for them, you dont want that to show tho...

>> No.9692667

Can someone who is knowledgeable about dancing explain why this cover just isn't exciting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDgp0xRXooA

He seems to be doing the right moves at the right time, and he doesn't look sloppy. But the energy feels off. What makes a dance cover pop? I mean it's a moot point for me to be asking I guess cuz my dancing is garbage, but I want to improve to be exciting to watch, instead of improving to look accurate but blah, like this.

>> No.9692677

>>9692667
He just looks kinda bored. A lot of what makes a good performance is facials and personality, this guy is a pretty good example of over-focusing on accuracy. His technique is perfectly fine, but he isn't adding any personal flair and kinda just has a concentration face for the majority of the dance.
The appeal of guy groups like he's covering is their sort of smug confidence right? (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't find much appeal in them personally) So if he channeled that attitude in his cover then hed be a lot more entertaining

>> No.9692682

>>9692117
https://youtu.be/3rKmecbd7BA
I got you

>> No.9692698

>>9692667
What >>9692677 said is right. His accuracy is really good especially for a BTS song because their dances are pretty intense. However, he’s so focused on getting everything right that he looks more like a stiff robot dancing than a coverist. BTS is one of those groups that makes faces while dancing that kind of gives a vibe to the audience. It’s the equivalent to (and I hate to make this comparison) someone dancing to a u’s song and looking dead in the camera. Or dancing to a song like Mugen Climax while smiling a big bright idol smile. It doesn’t work and ruins the feel of the song.

>> No.9692705

>>9692682
God. As Beat in Angel is one of the first songs I covered (albeit while my voice was still shit), this pains me so much.

>> No.9692724

>>9692682
>two completely different outifts, one is a genderbend
>not even the right characters for the song

Why even do this

>> No.9692770

>>9692724
The only character wrong is Hanayo. As far as outfits go, I wish they would’ve at least done the same one...

>> No.9692782

>>9692543
It seems like it was intentionally though, they have other decorations around the room and the pumpkin has their name carved in it. Seems kind of handy having your center marker also be a part of your room decor

>> No.9692798 [DELETED] 

>>9692423
I find it sad when there's no one in the group that even stands out, they all kind of have varying levels of together-ness and energy but not one of them really shines.

I think the You in this video was really good!

>> No.9692816

>>9692423
>I find it sad when there's no one in the group that even stands out, they all kind of have varying levels of together-ness and energy but not one of them really shines.

I thought the You in that group was really good!

>> No.9693201

>>9691397

well I have always wanted to do a dance and song cover of kiramekirari and vampire kyun from idolm@ster if that helps

>> No.9693204

>>9691397

Actually this is the only reason I didn't wanted to create a dance cover group and gave up with my song cover group because people already done it. Same with some cosplay groups too....

>> No.9693219

>>9692423
i cant even tell who the genderbend characters are supposed to be in the third one

>> No.9693286

>>9693219
Honoka, Kotori, Hanayo & Nozomi I think

>> No.9693356

does anyone have the links to the instagram account/youtube channel (i cant remember which it was) that had like video guides to wotagei on them

>> No.9693411

>>9693356
I'm also interested in this. When I got back from AX I was so confused. I had a light stick and I just had to follow the crowd at the love live events because I had no idea what I was doing.

>> No.9693441

>>9692162
her views seem bought considering there's not rating on the video and only three comments

>> No.9693513

>>9693441
Wouldn’t immediately jump to that. I’ve seen similar things with videos who really need no fake views.

>> No.9693525

>>9693411
For ax they actually had little booklets of chants and things! A good portion of the idol crowd learns about it because they watch lives, see glowsticks, and then also wish to fling a stick around to their favorite idols.

>> No.9693529

>>9692667
as someone who actually has experience in hiphop/street, it’s garbage because he doesn’t have the ‘power’. it’s not raw, but very soft like he’s the tenth menber of stellure.

>> No.9693926

>>9692770
I know, I suppose I worded that vaguely, it's just baffling to me that they'd perform a duet with one of the characters not even correct. If they wanted to perform a MakiPana duet, they could have at least done hello hoshi (minus Rin) or combined two of the solo mixes to make a true duet. It would've worked better that way than just subbing Hanayo for Rin.

>> No.9693954

>>9692423
I really like the im@ girl, too bad that's apparently the only video of hers?

>> No.9693980

>>9693954
She's got 4 other videos on her channel, are they not visible for you? I think she's got some shorter dance contest ones on her Instagram too

>> No.9694564

Does anybody else have a strong wota community where they are to go along side the idol/dance community? We have one here but it is mainly guys that only want to talk about all the love live merch they just wasted their money on.
Do you have any that regularly attend your lives? Horror stories? Positive stuff they've done?

>> No.9694624

>>9694564
We have one girl in texas who attend mostly centeral events but pretty much leads the whole wota community. I only know her because we have mutral friends and I saw her lead a whole group of people at the san japan dance gathering.

>> No.9694712

>>9694624
Man, TX seems like it's THE place to be if you're an American odorite.

>> No.9694851

>>9694564
Our wota community is pretty small, but there's a couple of them that are angels. They'll come to all the cover group showcases and everything, it's super cute.
The sad thing is there's been a bunch of infighting recently and that turns off a lot of people from joining in...

>> No.9694910

Holy crap, has anyone else seen Astra's "casual lolita makeover??" It's so bad I don't even want to post it here.

>> No.9694927

>>9694910
no. please link it?

>> No.9695030

>>9694927
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbgMP1kF-pX/?taken-by=nigamichan

Here you go. I just...how? Nothing about any of it looks remotely lolita to me.

>> No.9695037

>>9695030
lmao. you can't even see either of their outfits other than some normie sleeves and a blob of darkness. maybe she's going for the 'no one call say this isn't lolita because you can't even see it, therefore it must be lolita' route.

>> No.9695065

My cover group is having their first performance this weekend and I'm soooo nervous. I hope we aren't like super bad?

>> No.9695073

>>9695065
Make sure that everyone in your group practices in front of the mirror while smiling! Even if you're crap dancers, as long as you're smiling and visibly enjoying yourselves you'll be at least somewhat entertaing

>> No.9695075

>>9695030
Someone please save it before it’s gone. I can’t watch it right now, and I’m pretty sure she will delete it after she sees it was posted here.

>> No.9695099

>>9695075
It's not a video. It's just a bunch of shitty selfies that are so... not even lolita. It's confusing honestly.

>> No.9695115

>>9695099
Don’t know why I thought it was a makeup tutorial. Tagging it #lolita and not #lolitafashion is also saying something. I think they just want to cater to their weeb fans.

>> No.9695210

>>9695065

I'm going to say it now with the best intentions - you're all going to suck.

You'll each have a baseline of suckiness, but for the love of god film it so you can take it back and find all of the flaws so you can improve for later performances!

This isn't said out of malice, and people may be tempted to get their back up, but if I were to go and compare my first stage performance with my most recent, I can tell you now that they're worlds apart and I had the gall to be happy with my first one.

That being said, its fine to be glad you didn't forget your choreo and didn't fall on your ass, but this is the absolute first so thinking its going to be perfect right away isn't practical.

Best of luck to you guys in being adequate!

>> No.9695284

>>9695210
That’s a little extreme to say. While they’ll probably “suck” to their future selves who would hopefully improve, there’s no telling how good or bad it’ll be. We don’t really know how much they’ve been practicing or how they’ve been working so while it won’t be perfect (obviously), it has potential to not suck. I do agree that they should record for future reference though.

>> No.9695303

>>9695065
What >>9695210 said, though I don't agree you'll be complete trash because I don't know your group:

Please film it. Analyze every member and their strengths and weaknesses. Work together to grow as a group.

Out of curiosity, where if you group based, anon?

>> No.9695389

Opinions on lip-synching in dance covers-- should you lip-synch ALL of the words if you know them?
Or just some of them?
I always feel awkward mouthing all of the words since I'm not actually singing.

>> No.9695393

>>9695389
It isn’t required, but if you aren’t going to lipsynch at least show facial expressions. If it’s a fun song, show fun and happy ones. I know some songs are more mellow and call for the dancer to not smile or lipsynch much, practicing how to do that without looking bored is useful as well.

>> No.9695454

>>9694564
After what happened in a group chat that both dance group people and wotas are a part of, if it wasn’t already obvious, some of the wotas in our community are deeply delusional about what goes on in the idol industry and as much as I love it, i think love live is the culprit. We basically debated till almost 2 am about whether or not the industry perpetuates the sexualisation of young and underage girls (all of this stemmed from that gobiano article) and certain guys basically admitted they are cool with 13 year old gravure and that there is nothing wrong or controversial with that. There point was that we shouldn’t write off the whole industry as negative or bad but none of them could admit that things are problematic. It was pretty gross.

>> No.9695456

>>9695389
Depends what you mean by ALL the words. ALL your characters words? Yes - as long as everyone else is doing it as well.
ALL the words for the entire song? No.

>> No.9695502

>>9695456
I'm talking about in terms of a solo dance, and/or a song by one person

>> No.9695595

>>9695284 We've had about 4 practices? The problem is, since none of us have any real experience w choreography, most practices we just practice the whole dance, which may or may not be the best way to do it. Still, I feel like we should technically be better than groups who practice once or not at all?
>>9695303 It's a secret!

>> No.9695627

>>9695595
Do you guys learn the dances on your own time individually? Or do you go through it slowly, section by section, together as a group?

>> No.9695634

Did anyone get followed by Akiba Idol Emily?? She just came out of nowhere and is debuting very soon.

>> No.9695658

>>9695595
It's TX, right? You sound like one of the ANT idol anons and/or someone in Mizuors or Start Splash. There's at least two groups debuting at ANT this weekend along with ProStar performing. Just be nicer than them, smile, and have fun and you'll have a good base to grow from. We all start somewhere.

>> No.9695741

>>9695658

I actually would hazard a guess to say the UK.

>> No.9695775
File: 454 KB, 810x1708, 018271927161.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Scrolling through the #netidol tag on instagram and saw this

>b-but not all people are born the same
>net idols and real idols aren't the same

>> No.9695793

>>9695775
>certain experiences make people harder than others
You mean like not being a sheltered baby? The point of Net Idols is that they want to be fucking idols... The only difference is that idols in Japan have a chance at being real idols and net idols... are rare changes.

>> No.9695808

>>9695627
We all learn individually before we meet up and then we dance together.

>> No.9695809

>>9695658
Nicer seems to imply that one of these groups or prostar are not nice?

>> No.9696152

>>9695775
>not all people are born the same way
OK, so because we're not all born the same we should all just stick to the lowest common denominator and never try to rise above.
>there are experiences that make some people tougher
Yeah, like actually dealing with mean people instead of burying your head in the sand. But no, let's not even try to be better/tougher ourselves.

I swear, it's almost like the crazy communist infiltration conspiracy theorists of the 50s were right in some ways.

>> No.9696161

>>9696152
I also think they don’t understand that the longer you’re hit with that kind stuff, you more or less desensitize yourself to it.

>> No.9696257

>>9695502
IMO it depends, none of the Japanese odorites lip sync. I think that if you're doing a cosplay cover then you should lip sync the whole thing, but if it's just a dance cover then lip syncing is weird. Just smile

>> No.9696330

>>9695808
I know it can be hard to make practices that everyone can attend but I can always tell the difference between groups that learned a dance step by step and groups that had to learn it on their own time. When you go through it all as one, you're able to all decide collectively on moves, how they should look, if changes need to be made, etc. Obviously that can be hard since you said none of you are super experienced with choreographing things, but I believe it really does make a difference in terms of being in sync and looking cohesive.

Maybe if learning every step of the dance together is not something you guys are able to do now, it's something you can work towards. Good luck anon!

>> No.9696355
File: 106 KB, 1920x904, dancecritique.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Something some dance groups may find useful; I've done it for my own in the past. We've recorded practices (or used recordings of performances) and I go through and time stamp certain parts where either an individual has made a mistake, we've all made a mistake, or there's just a general improvement we could make. Once I finish, we go over everything at our next practice and I've found it's a really methodical way to improving our dancing and matching what we're supposed to be covering rather than just blindly going through things week by week.

I'm dropping my email in case anybody would like me to do the same for their own group, having an outsiders perspective could help with getting objective critiques. I'll try to be more detailed than what I did in the picture since I wouldn't actually be able to physically help you with it afterwords. I'm familiar with the majority of LL, im@s and some of the more popular/older odorite dances in terms of choreography, so please don't be shy. I'd love to help the community more with improving.

>> No.9696356

>>9696355
of course, dropped my email.

>> No.9696375

>>9696355
This is such a good idea! I just joined an im@s cover group and I think the other girls would be really receptive to this kind of help. I'll definitely email you!

>> No.9696592

>>9696375
Are you the cute Miki from Colossalcon? If so, I'm really excited to hear about the group you're joining :D

>> No.9696789

do any of you in groups got member being salty/jealous of other groups for no reasons? its getting really irritating

>> No.9696861

>>9696257
Idk I’ve seen a lot of odorites who lip sync.

I just find it difficult because I can’t speak Japanese so I feel like moving my mouth to what I THINK is being said is kinda... iffyyyy

>> No.9696933

>>9696592
I was Symphony 765 Miki at Colossal, so I might be who you're thinking of! I'm so, so excited for this group!

>> No.9696958

>>9696861
Oh, right, I said "none". I just meant that most don't, sorry (at least that I've seen)
And you can read the roman version of the lyrics then! The japanese phonetic system is really simple so as long as you have your "r" and your vowels in order you're probably syncing it correctly.

But I guess that if it makes you that nervous it might be better not to at all...

>> No.9696977

>>9696861
>what I THINK is being said
There's such things as googling and romanized lyrics.
Stop being a lazy cunt and go memorize the phonemes.

>> No.9697000

>>9696977
If Anon doesn’t speak Japanese, memorization won’t do shit but make them look weird. Even I know some Japanese and have parts of songs memorized but that’s because I sing them very often. They’re better off not trying at all unless they plan on actually learning the song and singing to it which sounds doubtful.

>> No.9697010

>>9696977
Someone's triggered.

>> No.9697181

For some dances I don't bother but if a song just leaks in and I know the lyrics I'll go for it because then it takes away the hard part of having to create expressions with zero context to go off of. That being said anon, if you're very against lip syncing then wearing a face mask could be in your favour.

Some songs, however have small portions where I feel efforts should be made...
Take Oogoe Diamond for example, you can dance the majority of it without lip syncing, but when it gets to the part where they're shouting "Suki!" anyone covering it should probably do that at the absolute minimum. The hands are making a motion to indicate something is being said and I personally feel it'd be weird if someone made that movement and didnt 'shout' anything.

Some other dances do this too, where there is a clear dialogue being made within the song. Suki Kirai, Do Dai (recounts a conversation of a girl asking a guy out on a date via phone) and Friday's good morning, especially towards the end where there needs to be a build up. It can't afford to look flat.

>> No.9697186

>>9696789
My comm is full of salty groups. They just talk shit about other groups because they think "the others do the same". Only the groups +18 (or with the majority of the group is more adult) are nice. The others are just 16 weeb girls talking shit but not improving in the dance/cosplays.
We have an idol/cosplay contest, only can participate if you're cosplaying some idol and dance. Every time, the comm talk shit about how LL groups are majority (and it's thanks to LL boom we have this constest, also all this people wants to participate with a LL group) and talk shit about the winners because the didn't win. It's really sad desu

>> No.9697332
File: 690 KB, 1080x1590, 9282618192.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got spammed by this lol

>> No.9697434
File: 167 KB, 1242x2066, 412B0BAB-3F8D-4A6B-A453-8BDF6F89DA28.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9697332
If they’re gonna use an old account to make dumb comments, maybe they shouldn’t link their accounts.
>14
>YTuber
>Anime artist
Uhh you okay?

>> No.9697699

>>9697434
>polska
Fuck me. I don't think there's ONE idol group in Poland. Even if there is, this girl probably isn't a part of it.

>> No.9697725

>>9697434
The fuck is an anime artist

>> No.9698632
File: 1011 KB, 1242x1982, C6ED8C85-0AE6-46F0-9821-A7E8CF2A1C6F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey who wants to join a clearly unstable 14 year old’s net idol group? She changed her name from ohmamigodess too.

>> No.9698669

>>9697699
>>9698632
Do they won’t ever post anything real, because she lives in Poland and writes the announcement in english. Good god.

>> No.9699120

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4hWXsame0&feature=youtu.be

god is dead

>> No.9699124

>>9699120
the lipsync quality at the very beginning tells you exactly what you're in for

>> No.9699135

>>9699120
>missing one of the three centers and still filming

>> No.9699174
File: 453 KB, 1242x2208, BE878D4B-490F-4D7E-AD02-8A40872207B3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Important words that these Instagram groups don’t seem to care about.

>> No.9699210

>>9699120
Oh god these girls are in my local community. They're notorious for being cancerous love live fans especially the Mari

>> No.9699254

Fresh cringe. Never thought I would see WUG! covered though.

https://youtu.be/zuINkL1qfiI

>> No.9699275

>>9699254
I'm giving it a pass because its WUG and i never see covers of WUG. Bless them in having good taste and not doing LL.

>> No.9699432
File: 203 KB, 1365x2048, 23737867_10210291247384580_8780542882344096027_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9691618
She did.
I will say, the costume looks pretty nice! I actually did a double take when I realized it was her since usually her costume design and sewing is kind of... well, you all know.

>> No.9699433

>>9699432
The only thing I hate is her choice of socks, they just don't work well to me.

>> No.9699438
File: 2.47 MB, 1242x2208, 8E053D7F-43E4-4E37-BE36-3725333128E3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9699432
It does look nice. I like the gradient but I agree with >>9699433 too. The socks throw it offf so much.

So I don’t know who you are >>9695634, but I looked her up a while ago when you mentioned her. Her single (Rainbow Colored Reality) is on Spotify. She’s 100% not what you expect when you hear “idol” but the song itself it’s all that bad? Her vocals need a bit of work but I was surprised to hear that it’s completely in Japanese. Based on her Instagram, she made the music herself. It actually sounds like a song an idol would do instead of an Americanized version of a J-Pop song. I would listen again and maybe cover if it had an instrumental.

>> No.9699462

>>9699438
This girl is a major weeaboo. I tried talking to her and she would roleplay as she would talk like "*DRAMATIC FALL TO THE FLOOR* KYAAAA" all the time. She also declared me as a rival since were both idols? I wouldn't be too fooled by her music. Her apperance and personality are the worst.

>> No.9699621

>>9699432
I like it except the waist is just too high and something with the choice of colors is a bit off

>> No.9699647

>>9699433
Agreed. I think this is best costume she has designed but the socks are so terrible. Even just plain white thigh highs or no socks at all would be better

>> No.9699655

>>9699438
the song is fine but her japanese pronunciation needs a lot of work. this song is kinda like stellure 2.0, the song doesnt have a good strong chorus like idol songs usually do

>> No.9699660

>>9699438
Yikes, she is.... not convential looking

Also her song hurt my ears but I hate super processed shit

>> No.9699661

>>9699655
I don’t think it’s like Stellure and I agree with pronunciation, but when I say “idol” I don’t mean like current groups. It’s more remincent of older J-Pop or some idol anime songs where there’s not much build or excitment but it’s still decent

>> No.9699719

>>9699661
Its anisong then, not idol.

>> No.9699725

>>9699719
Did you read what I said. “Older J-Pop or some anime” & not every idol anime song classifies as anisong anyway.

>> No.9699730

>>9699438
She lacks so much emotion and sounds like a synthetic robot. It will be hilarious to hear how horrible she will sing this live. Sad she is so unconfident and expressionless with her voice she needs to synthesize it up.

Also, i don't understand her goal with her music style. Its pretty much anisong but badly wants to be j-pop idol. She also wants to make her songs sound like something off if beatmania. Theres way too much mixing on genres going on and she needs to stick to one clear one. I unclear if she really an idol or just an artist being a tryhard idol.

I hope she puts a fuckton of effort into her apperance. She really needs it.

>> No.9699773

sugar stars have some more content
Crystal posted a video of Instagram of her dance rehearsal and it’s looking ok ish
And hari posted a c-ute cover on YT

>> No.9699789

>>9699120
There are improvements to make, but I don't feel like this is that bad. The cosplays are nice and I've seen far worse dancing.

>> No.9700153

>>9699789
you might want to get your eyes checked

>> No.9700509

>>9699438
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbvDFyXlsX8/

I frequent this arcade and see her there all the time. She really is nothing but a weeb like everyone else is saying and always put on a fake kawaii desu aidoru voice around everyone. Not to mention she constantly hogs every game she plays, makes side talk about how horrible other people are playing, and is an overall weebly attention whore.

>> No.9700634
File: 182 KB, 861x574, chonebi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tokimeki JUMP just released a music video for a vocal and dance cover of Wa-Suta's Inu Neko, Seishun Massakari.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5aBJvZ2Zb0
The visuals are cute! But Natsumi (Purple) could work on her facial expressions, and everyone could work on their singing, especially Suzume (Pink) whose voice was significantly more autotuned than the rest, so much so that it's distracting.

While on the topic of Wa-Suta covers, there's an Taiwanese Wa-Suta dance cover group called ChoNe-Bi. Their costumes and dancing are pretty spot-on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_n2PxV8pJM

>> No.9701172

Just had my first dance rehearsals with my friends in my dance group (i was so unprepared for teaching that day). it went pretty okay. I told them that we wont work on smiles until january (or once we got all the placements of the dance). I recorded the dances at the end too so i can watch back on it. The only bad thing is that my friend doesnt have much rhythm, style and technique and she need extra work ( i dont even know why she would put herself down to be in so many dance groups but i like her passion and motivation to want to dance). Im sure with a bit more pratice id be able to make this work.

>>9696355
Also this is very helpful, i can do this for my recent rehearsals

>> No.9701589

>>9700634
I feel like the fans of groups like wasuta tend to produce higher quality content stuff because they aren't some crazy huge and popular group in the west or elsewhere and so lots of love and passion goes into crafting something really great. Where as you take something like love live and the market is just so saturated full of mediocre groups because it's reach is so large and includes the people who don't give a shit if their stuff sucks or not.

>> No.9701855

What do you guys think of original choreography created by someone who’s studied dance?

>> No.9701885

>>9701855
It depends on if they can choreograph idol stuff. Some people have no range, and everything they choreograph looks like one style, no matter what it's supposed to be.

>> No.9701925
File: 17 KB, 476x223, 17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dive to Blue dance cover comparison
https://viewsync.net/watch?v=uExkhRr5adI&t=0&v=wlq_qkMa3sU&t=11&v=kgHJ5kn-ZWQ&t=1&v=PrSebDd7KCw&t=1

>>9701589
>Love Live's reach is so large and includes the people who don't give a shit if their stuff sucks or not.
I think most mediocre Love Live cover groups are the result of them relying on the popularity and recognizability of the franchise to gain a following rather than actually putting in effort to put on good performances.

>>9699462
>I tried talking to her and she would roleplay as she would talk like "*DRAMATIC FALL TO THE FLOOR* KYAAAA" all the time.
Was this interaction over text or are you saying she was roleplaying like this in a real life face-to-face conversation?
How old is she anyway? I don't mind older idols but she really can't pull off the whole "eternal teenager" thing.

>> No.9702007

>>9701925
Based on her Facebook (she follows herself on twitter and that other twitter has her full name), she’s older than 25. By a long shot. It says she graduated college in 2010... She also has music under her birth name which I’m scared to look up.

>> No.9702011

>>9702007
By the way her name is Emily Ann Imes. The funny thing about her is that if she were like the standard of beauty either in America or in Japan, she could probably get away with the music she’s made or covered.

>> No.9702458
File: 236 KB, 1600x1067, img-pottya-debut-event-12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9702011
It's not going to kill her if she took care of her appearance more. She needs to wear makeup and do something with her hair. Also that outfit just does not look flattering on her. And no, I'm not fat shaming, however, I hope she does workout because that's pretty important if she's going to perform live. There are groups like Chubbiness and Pottya that are good examples of chubby (pochari) idol groups [pic related].

To add onto that, I don't see her as an idol. The whole spiel looks forced. Her charm is nothing but weebiness to me. I remember her when she was just composing her own English music and honestly, she should just stick to that. I don't think she really cares much for idols other than to just pander to the community.

Being a composer/singer? Yes.
Becoming an idol? I don't think so.

>> No.9702507

>>9702458
What I meant was that because her talent is so basic, she could still get away with being mediocre if she was conventionally pretty (which happens often). The thing about Pottya & Chubbiness is that they’re actually SUPER talented along with being pretty and pocchari (pochari means splash/sploosh by the way).

And she’s definitely being an idol to try and profit off of it. If she stuck to simply composing, she’d be better off known in the community than if she was an idol. That’s the one thing that barely exists right now: background people like composers, lyricists, choreographers with dance backgrounds, etc.

>> No.9702644

>>9702011
Looking at her personal instagram, the earliest indication she was interested in idols was in March this year. It was a pic of Aikatsu. Based off that and the fact she puts skill attributes for love live, aikatsu, and a brand from pripara, she is heavily influenced by kid idol animes and making her image similar to that.

In all honesty, she lost all validity with me now. She is just a wannabe idol weeb looking to make a profit and get attention.

>> No.9702648

>>9702644
http://www.akibaidolemily.com/p/the-idol.html?m=1
Dropped link to her bio that mentions the attributes

>> No.9702723

>>9702644
>>9702648
I looked more at her site and read the info that was on it. Managed to track down her YouTube channel.
>http://www.youtube.com/user/KHSMHyperSong
She should’ve just stuck with what she was doing. She can play piano, violin and to think guitar and her voice isn’t as terrible as her song. She says she likes older jpop artists like Ayumi Hamasaki. Would’ve been much better off with that... Also, the longer you read her bio and the FAQ, the clearer it is that she’s somehow descended very quickly into being a weeb. Like scary quick.

>> No.9702758
File: 1.60 MB, 500x279, surejan.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9702648
http://www.akibaidolemily.com/2017/11/welcome-to-akiba-idol-emily.html?m=1

>I’m not a weaboo. I’m a respectable musician.

>> No.9703051
File: 52 KB, 578x554, aie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9702648

>I’m so blessed to have fans this early on and I haven’t even debuted yet!

What fans though?

I've haven't seen any interaction from her "fans". Not many people comment on her posts. With that in conjunction of her blog posts and bio, she seems kind of narcissistic? (For those who know her irl, feel free to correct me on this.) I just get the feeling she is sort of self centered and no one really cares much, at least... not positively anyway.

>> No.9703177

>>9703051
What the fuck she liked her own tweet.

>> No.9703306

https://youtu.be/moOgfBvVuF8
https://flusaygirls.bandcamp.com/album/christmas-song-2

How were neither of these posted already?

>> No.9703379

>>9703306
The only good thing I can say about this is that it's not nearly as dumpster fire trash as the halloween single, but then again that bar is set so low a lot of the bad dance posted here surpass it.
I still wish she'd give up this life. This shit is cute and funny when you're like 12 and it's your first time on the internet. Now it's sad and just a little creepy.

>> No.9703382

>>9703379
Yeah really. I’m waiting to see if any of the other 3 will leave. I’d like to see this group die already.

>> No.9703389

>>9703306
Every song from this group sounds like a satanic ritual....

>> No.9703644

>>9703306
https://youtu.be/To8z8njP5IY
4 years and so little improvement... How sad. I wouldn't be surprised if Flusay Girls hasn't made a single sale in the entire 7 years they've been active.

>>9703379
>This shit is cute and funny when you're like 12 and it's your first time on the internet. Now it's sad and just a little creepy.
Whenever I watch her videos all I can think about is how she's like 28 and is a mother...
https://youtu.be/wK9qewNOpOY
https://youtu.be/Y5QN9th9X4w

>> No.9703693

>>9702644
>>9702648
I looked into her bio and..
>I am an idol, yes, and I consider myself a locodol -- a local idol who promotes the community, much as a public figure or a newscaster would
Just call yourself a local idol holy shit. Why does she need to reference so much anime? Locodol was shitty anyways

>and an American Net Idol -- an idol in America who promotes gaijin and otaku culture
Wow more butchering the net idol term. This is nowhere near any definition of a net idol. Your just an idol.

>And J-Pop is my genre -- I didn’t choose it; rather, it seems to have chosen me. But I do not consider myself a J-Pop Idol. To do so would be to fundamentally change who I am as a person, physically and mentally and socially, to fit what J-Pop Idols in Japan do.
So your not an idol? Then what are you? Your changing things to make it easier for your lazy ass. I'm guessing she has no intention to imrpove herself physically and mentally and her music if she doesnt want to follow what normal idols do.

I got an aneurysm

>> No.9703697

>>9703693
Also she is trying so hard to sound like she knows what she is talking about when its obvious she doesn't.

>> No.9704141

I'm looking for new people/groups to follow on Instagram. Anyone got any recommendations?
I'm mainly looking for dance cover groups/soloist rather than groups that post original songs etc. Feel free to self post as I'd love to support my fellow seagulls.

A few people I follow:
@chai_chi_melody
@rinrood.x
@enmarinrin

>> No.9704357

I want to make some dance cover solo videos but I don't have a camera. Best quality/price recommendation?

>> No.9704427

https://youtu.be/8or2z8AH0j4

I really hope they work on their dance skills because they’re by far one of the only groups who pay attention to setting and costumes. They dance and sing too which seems to be a rare commodity.

>> No.9704438

>>9704357
I was wondering about this as well, does anyone have any tips on how to film better?

>> No.9704852

>>9704438
This is more of a suggestion for bigger projects and will vary greatly based on where you're located but if you aren't confident in filming and would rather just focus on dancing you might want to look into videographers. One way could be to go through the social media of other local cosplayers and/or dancers and go through their videos to see who they credit for filming. Of course, you'll probably have to compensate them for their time and equipment but I do think it is worth it for a project at a nice location. Investing in the skills and equipment of a videographer might be more efficient than investing a nice video camera and having to ask a friend to use the camera to film you while you dance because then you might as well just ask a friend to film you with a decent phone.

>> No.9705036
File: 63 KB, 641x960, 625289218.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Game time!

Name an weeaboo/wannabe idol, net idol, or group who watched a few episodes of Love Live/an idol anime and decided to become an idol.

Easy mode: No talent and no good looks
Hard mode: Talented
Master mode: Talented and good looking

Ill start. Poppy Charm.

>> No.9705094

>>9705036
Do you have links to her performance?

>> No.9705219

>>9704852
anon, film with an iPhone and a tripod is a good idea to start?

>> No.9705258

>>9705219
I’m glad someone else thinks the same way I do. I was gonna suggest to anon that instead of shelling out money for an item that may or may not end up useless in the future, just buy a tripod and use their phone if they have a recent model of an iPhone or a Samsung. Their quality is pretty good and the super recent ones film in 4K or higher.

>> No.9705507

>>9705036

Can we reference local groups? But most of the new blood sole and only inspiration would be LoveLive!

>> No.9705882

I love Aquaria dance videos only because of their You. She knows what she's doing.

https://youtu.be/c0o5yLzbKZA

>> No.9706191
File: 52 KB, 640x242, IMG_4255.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not sure if anyone here keeps up with Aurora Idols, but this is unsurprising.

>> No.9706193
File: 169 KB, 640x701, IMG_4256.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706191

>> No.9706200
File: 793 KB, 810x2240, 1027361913.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706193
Why does Mimi feel like she is wualifird to give advice to other groups with how shitty stellure's quality is? Also, i feel bad they look up to people like Mimi.

>> No.9706201

>>9706200
Qualified* damn phone too small for my man hands

>> No.9706244

>>9692120
But you don't understaaaaand!!! Love Live has new outfits for every song too!!! And Kotori does them alone, it's clearly totally possible!!!

>> No.9706247

>>9706200
>it's normal for something like this to happen

No? Not really. Just because Stella and half of Minty Pop left doesn't mean it's an everyday thing. Most girls don't leave before the first song is even out.

>> No.9706257

>>9692423
I really like the first one. I have to disagree with the im@s cosplay not looking bad, the character is barely recognizable.

>> No.9706262

>>9695389
I think mouthing just some of the words looks stupid. Lip synch all lyrics/all your parts or don't lip synch at all.

>> No.9706267

>>9699433
Yeah. They're the only thing with black and the orange is very different from everything else. I think lavender-white striped socks would look nice. If she wants to have mismatched socks, maybe othen one pink-white since there seems to be a bit of pink in the gradient.

>> No.9706278

>>9706200
Mimi shut the fuck up oh my god. Members leavings groups (ESPECIALLY due to fear of performing) is not typical. There’s a reason why when people leave groups it’s shocking. Even in groups like Morning Musume and AKB48 - groups that THRIVE off rotating members - it’s a surprise when members leave. I really hate this “I’m proud of how far you’ve come” ideal when they haven’t done shit.

>> No.9706282

>>9702648
Why does she say her Idolm@ster type is cool since cool is not an attribute in Idolm@ster? They're Vocal, Dance and Visual. Cool is an attribute in Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls. I get that she might just mean CG type, but why not specify it?

Also, who actually calls Ayumi Hamasaki Hamasaki Ayumi?

>> No.9706284
File: 71 KB, 562x400, sick of it tbh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706191
So many Stellure inspired groups end up like this. I can relate to being really nervous yet still wanting to be a net idol, but why would you announce and hype up your debut performance if you're so uncommitted to performing that you'll completely give up after your first setback instead of working harder to improve?

Also, I'm tired of galaxy-themed net idol/cover groups. Galaxy/star-patterned graphics, using the names of celestial bodies as your stage names, and puns about the stars shining bright or whatever? That's never been done before...

>> No.9706306

>>9704141
I feel like it's my time to shine, I follow those three and I love them. I think @chai_chi_melody is a fantastic dancer but I wish she'd find a more suitable place to film.

I also follow

@frilly_carnival
@maid_mellorine
@_akiina_
@hiibiiko_
@sakurakii
@corpsekid

I follow a lot more but those are the few that come to mind first.

Since this thread is mostly about idol groups, I want to mention that a few of the people I mentioned are from @we.are.urs, which is a Love Live cover group that is actually decent.

I kind of wish these threads would also discuss the dance contests on instagram, because I don't care much about stellure and find it hard to keep track of other idol groups.

>> No.9706312

>>9706244
I know you're just joking, but even if they were to follow that, they'd recognize that all of muse helps Kotori with costumes lol

>> No.9706314

>>9706278
I mean, those idols are working full time and getting paid, so of course they wouldn't quit, especially with how hard it would be to make it into those groups in the first place. I think a lot of net idols decide to be net idols on a whim, especially if there's no vetting process and they like attention.

>> No.9706574

>>9706282

This grinds my gears so much. A lot of girls into the idol scene now only seem to recognise CG and dont go near 765 (and probably dont even know Million Live exists). In comparison I just find that CG sucks. There's too many girls, not enough variety and even life they suck pretty badly. At least the 765 girls are well seasoned and can keep an audience on their toes with actual talent.

I partially blame scamco for this because they haven't made them especially accessible because of the CG phone app being very similar to Love Live (and now love live trying to emulate CG's style with the new game), but that doesnt stop people from going and checking out the music and videos available online.

>> No.9706585

>>9706574
THANK YOU for saying this. You worded this better than I possibly could have. It irks me seeing so many people feel like they know everything about iM@S because they played a little bit of CG-- nobody even bothers to go back and learn about the long history of iM@S before CG. In my opinion, most diehard CG wota are the equivalent of the little kid Love Live! fans.

But maybe that's the bitter 765P in me speaking.

>> No.9706596
File: 357 KB, 452x521, lady.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706585

I've had similar experience with people into CG, they're a lot more infantile and sperg out much like the Love Live fangirls do, usually you find that LL was their stepping stone and now they think they know everything. I definitely feel your pain.

On the plus side my best girl will never be tainted by snot nosed weebs and I have a chance of coming across as vaguely original when I decide to do 765 dances at events. I sometimes wish for more companions to make a solid group to blow the LLers out of the water but the likelihood of that is so slim.

>> No.9706634

>>9706596
Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. iM@S if my favorite anime idol franchise and I've been hesitant to admit that I'm not too fond of the fledgling CG fans.

In other news, I'll get back to doing more 765pro dance covers, since Columbia Entertainment Japan's content isn't blocked on YouTube anymore

>> No.9706670

>>9706634
>>9706596
I feel exactly the same, 765p are the best and I have many outfits and dances I want to do. I'm currently in the process of remaking one of the outfits I originally did in 2014, and am slowly collecting the materials for a new cosplay to make next year!

>> No.9706675

>>9706634

Oh really? That's great news as that's one of the few things that put me off doing any. At the moment I'm off dancing because of an injury but hope to be back at it soon.

>>9706670

Where are you both localised out of interest? It's just so great to hear of other people making a move with their content that where I'm from it's pretty much non-existent. I'd say that I'd keep an eye out for you both but I get that it's not the easiest thing to put out who you are on here.

>> No.9706677

>>9706306
Oh yeah, I know what you mean. But I don't judge as I know I don't exactly have the best set up for my Insta videos haha.

Thank you! I'm already following a couple on the but I'll check out the rest.
I love @we.are.urs.Their stuff is really good and I like their posting style.

Yeah I agree with you. I guess there'd be no harm in starting a discussion going?

>> No.9706679

>>9706675
I'm in the UK. There are a few 765p fans here and we've done a few things together in the past.
Haha, very true. I don't fancy outing myself but it's the thought that counts I guess?

>> No.9706686

https://instagram.com/p/BcAIupdlleg/
I used to think Juliane was like a really good dancer and then kind of excused her Samishii Nettaigyo Cover from Novadrop. But this just makes me realize that her overall style just isn’t great. I hope she improves on it because even if it’s just a practice, she looks so sloppy compared to the partner.

>> No.9706689

>>9706686
Considering there doing a k-pop dance, which she doesn't specialize in like the KuroPop member, of course there gonna be different style wise? Its great that she is opening herself up to different genres of dance to gain experience. It need work but i don't think any judgement is needed until the final product.

>> No.9706693

>>9706679

Based on your location alone I know exactly who you are.

>> No.9706695

>>9706693
Err yay I guess? At least I didn't have to say who I am. If you ever want to chat im@s then drop me a message!

>> No.9706701

>>9706695

The pool is that small, I guess! I may have to take you up on the offer, since there's very few people to talk to about it at the moment.

>> No.9706705

>>9706701
Yeah that's for sure haha. Well, my inbox is always open for you!

>> No.9706730

Anyone willing to be a sort of "dance mentor?" I just started learning with some Side M covers and would love legitimate feedback without necessarily posting in public yet.

>> No.9706738

>>9706730

I reckon that if you're looking for feedback and recognise that you want/need it to get better, gulls here will be receptive and have been in the past. Thick skin is required, sure, but I think you're in relatively safe hands if you provide a source with your vid.

That being said I am definitely excited at the prospect of people doing Side M covers and would be willing to give pointers where I can. My other half has been watching me do Im@s covers and cosplays for years and was so disappointed at the lack of content for Jupiter, now he's spoiled for choice and it makes me so happy that he's got the same opportunities as me.

>> No.9706749

>>9706675
I'm a 765P from the US. That's as much as I'll say since I'm not exactly trying to give away my identity, but I'll always be here lurking (for lack of a better word) on this thread and am always up for a chance to talk about iM@S.

I hope to see more 765 covers from people in the future, and hell, even SideM covers too. As much as I like CG, you gotta give props to the ones who started it all.

In the meantime, Dejavudea is going to be putting up a video about how to get into iM@S later today. I wonder if it will be any good.

>> No.9706754

>>9706749

Dejavudea has only ever touched CG though I think?...so I wonder how well this will go down.

>> No.9706755

Where is this group’s beauty exactly? I actually like the irony that none of them are exceptionally pretty and a translation for “nami” is “average.”

>> No.9706757
File: 505 KB, 1242x2071, 0D412787-FFD5-426A-A575-6C027EFA3A95.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706755
I forgot the picture.

>> No.9706759

>>9706754
As far as I know she only started when Starlight Stage became a thing?? So we'll see how this goes.

Not shaming her for being a fan for a short amount of time since that doesn't dictate how big of a fan you are of something-- but if she's gonna make a video about it, I just hope she's read up on more than just CG.

>> No.9706761

>>9706759

Oh dont worry I totally get where you're coming from because when I get into something I research everything in a very short amount of time and am able to hold a decent conversation. It could be that she's the same so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now. But if it is just about CG then I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

>> No.9706768

They butchered my favorite song and i can never forgive them.

https://youtu.be/-W9dOiJpuMw

>> No.9706778

>>9706759
Here you go, folks.
https://youtu.be/Z1sDzG4aXfc
Informative, I guess.

While we're on the topic, what are you guys' favorite iM@S dances? edeN is a personal favorite of mine.

>> No.9706945

>>9706686
Aaah... yeah this is my video and I apologize for that. This is just solely a practice video and I wrote in the description that my timing and execution is off. K-Pop is relatively new to me and I just learned this dance partially within the same day. Of course the quality will be a lot better once I fully memorize the moves and once the video is out.

>> No.9706953

>>9706945
I understand, Juliane. 頑張って。

>> No.9706958

>>9706778

I performed eden once with a friend! I'd love to get a full trio for it someday. I also like Bokutachi no Resistance and plan to film a cover for it once my foot is healed up.

I honestly love so many of them, The Live Kakumei de SHOW is so much fun to watch too.

I'm a little disappointed in her video, while its vaguely informative, it doesn't really aim to draw people in. I probably would have mentioned more about the things I personally enjoyed and how others can relate and enjoy those factors?
I also feel she could have at least dabbled in each of them, like I'm pretty sure she's ignoring Side M not only because shes not played it, but also because she's not interested because it isn't female idols. I get that it's not something that everyone fancies, but at least be transparent, do a little research enough to say that the game is identical in mechanics to CG. It's not that hard.

>> No.9706965

>>9706953
Thank you, I feel bad if I let down anyone's expectations haha. I kinda mull over it though I really do want to improve a lot more than I have before.

I guess since while I'm here... how can I motivate myself to like performing? After doing this stuff for a long time, things kind of feel the same and stale. Sometimes I get tired of the music I hear. I don't hate it, I love idols a lot and I love doing this stuff but it's hard to inject the same passion I had years ago. Maybe it was the stress, I'm not sure. Is there anything you guys can suggest?

>> No.9706998

>>9706965

I can relate. I was in a group and we were usually set back to the beginning when we had members leave and join. We wanted desperately to get certain dances filmed and done with but starting something new didnt sit well with us either. Eventually those of us who had been there since the beginning got restless, or even started to get sick of the songs we'd once been so keen to pick out and perform. And I also got tired of that particular group we would cover.

Trying new things and stepping out of your comfort zone is a good way to spice things up, and yes, it can be incredibly frustrating when things dont come naturally. My particular style is anything with elegant or slow movements, and I struggle with harsh or fast dances. When I left that group I instantly began throwing myself into trying grittier and rougher dances because I'd never been given that opportunity.

Also getting a dance done to perfection and a standard I'm happy with takes time and a lot of love, so the fact you stick with them is a testament to your patience. There are so many people I know who try to bumrush any dance they try, and it always shows in the end product. There's no care or passion in it.

Also what you're dancing for may be part of the problem. In my group we had a split of those who liked to get up on stage and perform, and those who to film it, put it on the internet and leave it at that.
I was personally in the first group and wanted to aim for live performances because I can't get excited dancing for a camera over and over. I get a rush from feeding off of the audience and their energy and the fact that you only get one shot at it. It's easier to smile, emote and actually perform while you have an audience to engage with on a personal level.

Taking a break to figure things out is also perfectly acceptable. I took a month or two out to figure out what I actually wanted and I'm excited to throw myself into dance again. De-stress and come back to it when you feel ready!

>> No.9707121

>>9706730
cover your face, upload to youtube as unlisted and post here!

>> No.9707329
File: 127 KB, 1100x1100, 61peW1aZlCL._SL1100_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706730
Just wear one of these and stand in front of a blank wall.

>> No.9707334

>>9706585

I had experience with the original im@s and was a huge Miki fan way back. A real pity they got eclipsed by LL!

>> No.9707523

>>9706757
How... conceited...

>> No.9707621

>>9706757
i love how not even half the group has the right outfits, and also chika doesnt exist

>> No.9707687

>>9706574
>>9706585
>>9706596
>>9706634
It's weird, I definitely love 765 girls the most and had an immediate aversion to CG girls because of the fanbase and being more 'shallow'. But I've grown to like them more and more probably because the artist is amazing. That being said:
>tfw never will be able to get a decent 765 group together

>> No.9707692

>>9707687
My feeling exactly. For some reason, I can't seem to become as emotionally invested in the CG girls as I have been with the OG 765pro girls. Don't get me wrong-- I love all the franchises, but I love the idols from the console games more than anything.

I wish there were more 765pro cover groups like the abundance of LL! groups. I don't know if there's enough interest in the Midwest area of the US, but a girl can only dream.

I actually got into iM@S through dance covers back in early 2012, interestingly enough.

>> No.9707697

>>9707621
New Englander here, their Chika ditched the group before their performance in the masquerade to hang out with one of their other groups.

>> No.9708034

>>9706768
Furi Furi is still around? Every one of their videos makes me feel like I'm watching a weeaboo's performance in their middle school talent show. They're so sloppy and have no stage presence.

Beth is especially bad. During the first song she's looking at the other girls for what to do next, and at 13:09 she does a solo dance of Sweet & Sweet Holiday, forgets the moves about 20 seconds into the song and just stands there looking lost for about 10 seconds.

>> No.9708052

>>9707692
I have it the opposite way. None of the 765pro girls really hit me. They all felt bland or annoying. But from CG I have few absolute favourites who I really relate to and who I really like.

>> No.9708055

Is anyone from texas submitting for the ikkicon winter idol festival? it ends in a couple of days and i want to submit my group. does anyone know how well organized it is?

>> No.9708062

>>9707692
Midwesterner here and i would die for a 765 pro group especially within my reach...
I feel the same way about cg honestly the only girl i like are mayu and koume
(also same backstory for me except it was specifically silencedrowns as makoto that did it for me haha)

>> No.9708066

>>9706768
Here especially, but in a lot of idol groups' videos, I notice a total lack of pep. Isn't one of the whole points of these sort of idol groups to be peppy and high energy?
I've seen more enthusiasm on a middle school dance floor.

>> No.9708072

>>9708055
I’ve performed with it a few times and it’s well-organized. If you are a love live group competition is kind of stiff because there are so many in Central Texas

>> No.9708218

>>9707697
Uhhh that doesn't sound very good... I feel like there is tea to spill there.

>> No.9708226

>>9706768
I died trying to get through all that... how are they all so mediocre? And why did beth not get a costume that fit her? All of the crop top pull downs were awful to watch.

>> No.9708231

>>9708226
This is such an important question because they OBVIOUSLY knew enough about her to get her one with sleeves.

>> No.9708549

>>9708218
They have been posted here before, the group they ditched Nami Idols for was the one that made the horrendous t shirts that got posted here a few months ago along with their mediocre 1, 2 Jump cover
Shit spreads very quickly in our region and it doesn’t help that they’re in or tried out for practically every LL group in the area, so hopefully more people learn what they did and stop letting them into their groups because they’re 100% unreliable.

>> No.9708583

>>9708072
why do they only allow only 2 anime idol groups? It doesnt give everyone a chance and i perfer to see love live groups

>> No.9708708

>>9708583
I think it’s just cause there is so many that try out. There’s usually only like 5-7 performers that make it so I think Konaru (the organizer) wants to encourage diversity in the lineup. As a non-anime performer it’s also harder to get performances in other areas of the con. I do feel kind of bad for the anime performers though because it is so competitive. I know one of them will probably be Love Notes since they’re the strongest group in the area so that only really leaves one spot for another anime group.

>> No.9708726

>>9708583
Unfortunately, not everyone shares that same opinion. (In fact I think quite a few people would prefer absolutely no love live in these types of events)
like >>9708708 said, if you have 2 regular net idol/odorite groups, maybe 1 other anime idol group like WUG or IM@S, and then 20 love live groups, not only does it become boring to watch after a while, they also just don't have the time to showcase literally everyone.

My area's major con last summer isn't big enough to fully shut out groups from hosting their own panel time slot yet but they did limit it to just 3 groups out of the 10+ that are in the community. But to make up for that, they did a big showcase where virtually everyone that wanted to participate was allowed, we even all got 15 minutes or so of a slot which is quite generous if you ask me.

>> No.9708774

>>9708708
That leaves me to wonder who's going to fill that second spot.

>> No.9708873

>>9708726
Anon are we from the same area? Same thing happened at a con near me.

>> No.9709259

I know someone already asked about filming in general, but what makes a good pv?
My group is planning on doing one soon, but it's a song that has pretty much 0 covers, only has one live performance from the original group, and so it's been pretty hard to figure it out.
So, we've been thinking of padding it out a little bit with some cute scenes but how much of that is too much/a cop out for not having mastered the dance? How do we make it look natural basically? Closeups will definitely help, but there's some parts of the song where the concert footage literally just pans to the audience, which is kinda annoying if you're trying to cover it.

>> No.9709262

>>9709259
Also, feel free to link your favorite cover PVs for inspiration? I always hate it when this thread gets slow otl.

>> No.9709429

ChiRi Girls uploaded a little recap showing clips from their last performance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNbyvl5LT4Q

>> No.9709496

>>9709259
I'm assuming you want to do more than just a single take full view of the group. Pick out what are the highlight moments for individuals and subgroups during the dance that you need to showcase and what are the boring filler moves that you can gloss over with other footage.
Storyboard your ideas to minimize the takes you need to do to get what you want.
Scout a location ahead of time with low foot traffic and a good background scenery, or dress up the set if indoors.
Remember you don't necessarily have to do each take from the beginning, you can record just what you need for a particular shot.

If you record outdoors or near a window, plan to do your shoot before the sun moves too much. Otherwise if you want to use the changing lighting for effect (day/night, afternoon/evening) plan what you want to show at each point in the song. Consider how much time your performers are willing to commit to the shoot and adjust your plans and storyboard accordingly so you're not pushing them past their willingness to stay.

Do multiple takes and cut the best bits together from each one. Especially if you only have 1 camera.
Record from multiple angles. Front full group, 3/4 sides, profile, face closeup for mugging for the camera, upper body closeup for center moves, lower body closeup if there's footwork, left to right/right to left pans, circle pans. Average about 2 seconds between shots unless there's something you really want to highlight for longer time. Don't try to make a dramatic long intro, especially one where everyone is holding still, max 10 seconds or even 5 seconds.

Always keep in your mind that you're fighting against boredom and apathy, and you're trying to hook someone with just enough interest to keep them from clicking away before the end. If you post on youtube, look at the audience retention analytics to see what parts people watch the most/least and how quickly they lose interest.

>> No.9709512

>>9709429
They're good. They were the best performers from that entire event in my opinion

>> No.9709546

>>9709496

This is all great advice, but another thing I'd add is to try and get close ups out of the way early. When you're repeating the dance over and over (especially if you're wearing wigs) it's very likely that you'll get sweaty, red, hot and your make up will start to suffer for it. You dont want to look fresh faced for part of it and then look like a swamp monster for your close ups.

>> No.9709694

>>9709512
Emily we all know you frequent this, stop self posting and inflating yourself

>> No.9709861

>>9708873
We probably are, I’ve mentioned the organization of that show before on here, I’m in Vancouver.

>> No.9709919

>>9709694
Different anon/OP of the Chiri Girls vid here, I’m not Emily.

>> No.9711059

>>9709429
These girl's moves are on point!

>> No.9711218

I'm planning on doing some solo dance covers here relatively soon, I've got one I'm working on now but I was curious... what are some dances you'd all like to see more of? I'm a relatively competent dancer so if you've got more complicated stuff, I'd like to see it! I don't have a huge list so really I'm just looking for recs.

>> No.9711518

>>9711218
More non-AKB/Momoclo/C-ute real life idol songs! There are so many good groups out there, but it seems like only a few get covered.

Along the same lines, once I graduate from my current group, I would love to put together a Passpo/IRis group. Seven member groups with stars in their names are my favorite, apparently.

>> No.9711529

Stellure’s been streaming their “practice,” and I have to say that they do sound a bit better now. Some of the new girls have decent voices.

>> No.9711550

>>9711529
I'm watching this right now... must have missed the actual practice part because they're all sitting around eating snacks now. I'm also a little concerned that when Titania left the room Luna literally said "Thank god she's gone."

>> No.9711563

>>9711550
I’m watching on and off but depending on how it was said, it very well could’ve been a joke. I’ve done stuff like that with my friends before.

>> No.9711565

>>9711563
Yeah the way it was said is what concerned me. I'll just go with what you're saying though and tell myself it was a joke.

>> No.9711621

>>9711550
They never actually did practice, aside from random song requests they took. Maybe they were just streaming while they waited for Nix? Hopefully...

>> No.9711758
File: 3.35 MB, 2346x1440, Screenshot_2017-12-02-15-36-45-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711529
Nix is so 'edgy'. Polaris is cute.

>> No.9711766

>>9711758
Nix looked so awkward and out of place, like she didn't want to be there... At least she didn't look as ugly as I though she would though

>> No.9711770

>>9711766
Yeah. They remind me of an actress I love which kind of makes me hate them (since I get bad vibes from Nix) but definitely not as bad as their selfie.

>> No.9711775

>>9711766
She just looks like a Tumblr fake boi in the middle of a bunch of girly girls lol

>> No.9712164

>>9711758

The only cutie is the tiny asian.

>> No.9712199

>>9712164
But what the hell is she wearing?

>> No.9712262

>>9712199

I haven't a clue, but at least that can be changed. The other girls just cant change their level of ugly.

>> No.9712436

>>9712199
I think she was going for a kfashion look, she had overalls on earlier.

>> No.9712459

Didn’t Stellure already film One Step Ahead of the Game, or am I not remembering correctly? It looks like they’re doing some sort of filming today in those outfits.

Also looks like Luna and Callisto have new wigs?

>> No.9712464

>>9712459
Maybe the weren't satisfied with the last filming.

>> No.9712472

>>9712459
Yeah, Astra has a new one as well. Makes me sad, since Luna could’ve gotten a solid colored one.

>> No.9712534

>>9712459
>>9712464
Yeah, as I recall from their live stream yesterday, they're reshooting One Step because the first recording didn't turn out good.

They only spent a few hours practicing yesterday for today's shoot so I can't imagine it being much better this time around unless they spent more time practicing on their own, got the moves down and spent yesterday just working on formations and syncing with each other.

>> No.9712576
File: 2.35 MB, 1440x1579, Screenshot_2017-12-03-13-44-34-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dear god please let me pick luna's wig. This one's awful too.

>> No.9712594

>>9712576
ANY brown/green mix will look awful. Going with either a brown or Sailor Saturn-esque color would be so much better.

>> No.9712620

>>9712576
Wtf with that blue wig, is like 3 times bigger than the girl

>> No.9712933
File: 199 KB, 1080x1080, 21910774_382708272148648_4332017977407832064_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9712576
Tauri's wig is cute as usual and Mimi seems to have gotten herself a better wig.
Luna's new wig is still bad but not much different from her old one (Why can't she just have a solid colored wig?).
Callisto's new wig is somehow worse than her old one (Maybe it can be fixed with a bit of styling and trimming?) and it seems like Astra trimmed her old wig but it looked much better longer. And after all this time, Mimi still hasn't fixed Luna's comically large dress?

They've announced that the song will be released within the next week or two. Here's hoping 1.) they've improved significantly and 2.) they'll actually release this on time.

>>9706768
>They butchered my favorite song and i can never forgive them.
They butchered their entire setlist. It's kind of impressive how lifeless they are and how consistently lifeless they've been over the years that some of the members have been performing.

Net idols/groups that are active for years and never improve are the worst, Flusay Girls being the prime example.

>> No.9712982
File: 709 KB, 950x700, 21138-anime-paradise-sad-anime-girl-crying.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Aww man I wish I had cute girlfriends that would make an idol group with me.
>tfw no friends

>> No.9713062
File: 175 KB, 1242x920, 193D0699-69CC-4DCB-8A94-C161E1107898.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So on their tumblr, Platinum Happy has a series of asks about names. It seems pretty stupid to me that whatever name you choose to go by pretty much means jackshit. I checked out the audition and it asked for names and said themselves that stagenames were okay. If you won’t be using their names, maybe just ask for their real first name and say they won’t be used at all? Or say your name will be chosen for them.

>> No.9713064
File: 397 KB, 1242x1819, CD50BF46-AD37-4B94-97EC-E8579BA8CBCB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713062
Part two

>> No.9713890

>>9713064
Does anyone even care about these "aidoru" groups besides the weebs in them and other girls?

>> No.9713891

>>9713890
Do you not know what this entire thread is?

>> No.9714068

>>9713890
you answered your question

>> No.9714313

One of those groups that were inspired by Stellure have actually made something. We've got a new group on the block
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQ2yCYGDM0

>> No.9714327

>>9714313
I feel like if I was someone trying to cover this song, I would have no idea what notes I was supposed to be singing because everything sounds so mumbled and not hit correctly. I wonder if they created sheet music first for the song to follow... because if they did I'm pretty sure they don't know how to read it and that's why things sound so off key.

>> No.9714930
File: 1.95 MB, 1080x1063, 20171206_091432.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ok, I noticed meotashi always styles the ponytail on her wigs on the wrong side and this is even true for her own personal mimi. Not picky but this is your own character, you should know.

>> No.9714931

>>9714930
I meant nit picky, yes it definetly can be considered nit picky

>> No.9714970

New thread >>9714651