[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 32 KB, 480x384, e00f23621139dfa94cee98c9baa315e3--manga-e-anime-anime-eyes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9680834 No.9680834 [Reply] [Original]

Share the good (/cgl/ related obviously) things that happened to you lately. It can be little thing that made you happy like a compliment from a passerby or a big thing like getting married in lolita or cosplay soon!

Contribooting:
>exam is next week,feeling pretty anxious
>taobao package is "handled" atm so will probably get it when I come home from said exam

>nothing i really like is on sale since some months
>got money on my account from saving during said months

It makes thing a bit better!

Also, really silly, but coming home in lolita in the afternoon,surrounded by the colors of autumn, reminded me of my high school days (it was awful all over but it had "those" moments of happiness) where i would wear lolita or similar things every single day and come back home,listening to Kanon Wakeshima or Harvest Moon OSTs that matched the season.
For some reason it was kinda heartwarming,made me think how i grew up to be what I wanted (sort of) and made me happy.

>> No.9680846

>>9680834
>made me think how i grew up to be what I wanted (sort of) and made me happy.
Oh I know this feel, it's so nice!

Now mine,
>been working super hard lately
>very stressed, not eating nor sleeping well
>feeling self conscious about appearance because i gained a bit of weight and starting to show signs of age
But,
>weather is finally getting cooler
>been earning more money than before
>lots of new brand coming in the mail on a weekly basis
>strangers are somehow nicer, attract lots of positive comments and genuine, kind questions
Wearing lolita daily isn't easy but it's gotten significantly more fun in the last few weeks. Might be thanks to autumn, summer always has me on edge.

>> No.9680857

>>9680846
Summer is warm and nice in some ways (especially early summer,because childhood memories of going on vacation,wearing "decora" and stuff to go to the morning marketplace with grandma then going home on my computer and play on elouai/gaia/read livejournal and blogs) but god it's a pain to wear lolita in hot weather.
Try to take care, eating well and sleeping well is v important and can change a lot about how you feel (also staying hydrated, it's kind of a meme now but it's really important)

>> No.9680878

>>9680857
Thanks anon, I'm trying my best. Going to start exercising again too to get back in shape and be more comfortable in my brand.

>> No.9680884

Wore lolita to uni for the first time this semester, all of my professors and a few of my peers complimented my coord. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

>> No.9680889

>wear sweet lolita
>parents disapprove
>call it "comic-con clothes"
>think it's weird and a waste of time and money
however
>boyfriend loves lolita
>really sweet and supportive
>encouraged me to get into lolita when I doubted myself and my looks, helped me start wearing makeup and taking care of my appearance
>gives lots of helpful feedback on my coords
>now I wear lolita very frequently
>met some of his family already, they didn't even bat an eye
>they like me and my weird frilly clothes don't put them off
>gonna dress up in lolita and meet his uncle today

I'm so happy to have met him.

>> No.9680897
File: 539 KB, 500x281, wink .gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9680889
>>9680884
Awe

>> No.9680904

>boyfriend complimented my big butt

>> No.9680908

>>9680889
I really feel you, my parents are exactly the same. But my friends absolutely love it and some people in my family think it's adorable. I hope I find a gf that approves of me being this way one day too. I'm glad for you though!

>> No.9680932

l got second place at the school costume contest for Halloween
That was kinda neat

>> No.9681075

Mary Magdalene is my favorite lolita brand but I've never been able to find a dress I liked for a decent price. Found one I loved on Maiden Clothing for really cheap but I'm not able to have a job while school's on because of how rigorous my coursework is so I couldn't afford even the major discounted price. Kinda bummed, mentioned it to my mom. She knows how hard I've been working myself (barely sleeping, working around the clock, only social life I have is meeting up with people to do homework together) to do well in school so she offered to buy it for me. I'm so happy!

>> No.9681082

>tfw found back my playlist from when i first began lolita years ago
>all the memories

>>9681075
Aw that's really sweet of her! Keep working hard but don't overdo it. If you do well in school and work hard,you'll get more brand in the future.
I'm mainly sweet but I think MM is such a nice brand and their stuff is top quality!

>>9680932
What was your costume?

>> No.9681092

>>9681082
Care to share your playlist? I'm always on the lookout for new lolita-friendly music.

>> No.9681129

>>9681082
My parents are good to me, and a big reason why is because they know I work hard and they know I appreciate what they do for me. Plus, I'm going into a competitive field and I'm at a school where if I really bust my ass, do well, and make connections, I could make some serious money without selling my soul to corporate hell. Two weeks 'till winter break!

>> No.9681141

>was able to wear all of my lolita coords I brought with me in Tokyo
>bf bought me a dress in AP as engagement present
>bought first parasol and actually used it

Yep, feeling good.

>> No.9681194

>>9681092
Ali project?

>> No.9681209

>>9681092
Oh,sure,but it has quite a bit of weeb music (vocaloid,animu,nihonese games).
Should I put it somewhere or just share a youtoob link of it?

>> No.9681220

>went to cosplay event at museum for themed exhibit
>was also first friday
>only one other person dressed up as a viking, a ton of normies, getting anxious
>surprisingly get a ton of compliments from randos, no weird looks or nasty comments
feelsnice

>> No.9681242

>>9681082
please post your playlist

>> No.9681504
File: 86 KB, 398x738, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9681082
Firearm Feline

>> No.9681553
File: 175 KB, 1440x1080, 1505951583156.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw got my new wig for crossplaying in the mail
>mfw its perfect and cute, also soft
>mfw the color is dark so even if my hair manages to get out from under the wig cap, it's still ok

>> No.9681566
File: 35 KB, 388x388, 13256817_990447644403156_591459374_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finally amassed enough multiples of keychains, straps and buttons etc. from various favourites to make well constructed itabags
>nobody knew I was anything but board straight until I broke down about my ex girlfriend, which everyone was surprisingly supportive of, even the extremely critical religious people I work with
>realised I have a tendency to associate the things I love with people who hurt me by trying to get them interested/involved and regretting it later

I wasn't letting myself enjoy things out of this fear I had toward what feelings might surface because of it. The things I love instill this deep, raw feeeling of shame. But I turned 23 this year and gave it a good thought, and I realised how free I am. Being an adult is fucking hard, you get bogged down by money vacuums at every turn and other adults still act like petulant, selfish, untrained children. You wage slave yourself just to survive with minimal time to do what yiu want to do.

But I can still buy what I want, do what I want, wear what I want, associate with who I want, all to a degree that I can be content with.

Fuck everyone who concern trolled me through my adolescence before there was even a term for that shit. I'm great. I live for this stupid shit.

>> No.9681595

>gf from EU just got her visa approved for visiting me for the first time in the US in two months, we're going to go to an anime con at the end of december, her first con.
>we're going to get to dress up in jfash together, me in lolita, her in aristo
>am working on losing weight to better fit into burando (also to just look better), have already lost ~3lbs in roughly a week and a half.

And un-/cgl/ related, I'm doing great in uni, I just got my wisdom teeth out and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought, I'm gonna be an aunt, and this time last year I nearly wanted to kill myself because I had an incredibly emotionally abusive boyfriend who was also cheating on me, on top of having no will to do lolita.

And now I've met my soulmate, live by myself, and actually have a direction in life, and am super hyped about lolita again. Hurrah.

>> No.9681685
File: 974 KB, 255x138, p gud.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9681504
That's pretty good

>> No.9681781

>>9680834
If you all want asspats go to FB

>> No.9681786

>cold months are there so more lolita
>have a whole month of paid vacation
>will probably travel to Japan with fiancé
Life is good

>>9681781
Who hurt you, you poor salty creature?

>> No.9683978

Tough stuff at home but i have so much fun during class. Even when i'm sick as hell i want to go. I learn new things and interact with people, it's nice.

>> No.9683980

>>9683978
I forgot to mention that nobody cares if i wear lolita or nanchatte in my class. They compliment me unlike at home

>> No.9684071
File: 8 KB, 320x280, tumblr_m2fmw2czon1rtcfaqo1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Got back into an old series I used to watch religiously as a kid
>Rewatching the season I missed episodes in because of health issues and having to go to doctor's visits after school frequently
>The amount of positives feels this show is giving me makes me want to make one of the uniforms (probably altered because a lot of the characters wear altered uniforms as the series progresses)
>tfw I finally got my fire back for cosplay
>it feels like I'm getting into cosplay for the first time all over again
Feels good to have the passion back. Even thinking of making an itabag to show my appreciation for the series being such a positive force in my life lately.

>> No.9684079

Life is hard but my dream dress is on sale. After so many years I never thought I'd be able to get it. Hold me and hope that I win this auction.

>> No.9684175
File: 47 KB, 302x200, 5af.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9684079
You got this anon! Wishing you all of the luck!

>> No.9684187

>>9684175
Thank you! I'm making sure I have it open on a tab at all times so I can see when someone bids. It's so close I can almost taste it!

>> No.9684245

>>9684071
Aw. Iktf, it's one of the best thing

>>9683980
It's a nice feel. You probably look really cute, but parents or family don't always understand and sometimes it's just because they're scared for you and they care.