[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 317 KB, 1600x1600, Soko-Glam-10-Step-Korean-Skincare-Routine-Oily.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9678507 No.9678507 [Reply] [Original]

Starting a thread since I couldn't find one.

I'm getting more into skincare recently and I have a question. I bought Secret Key's Snow White Cream and COSRX AHA/BHA Toner. Since the snow white cream contains niacinamide and the COSRX toner has a low pH, is there any problem in using this cream after the toner? Is it better to wait a few minutes or should I use one in the morning and the other at night?

>> No.9678542

>>9678507
I think most people tend to finish their routine on a toner, so adding something might be fruitless. Separating them for morning and night seems like the safest option, tone at night and moisturize in the morning to protect from radical pollutants

if any other gulls disagree let me know, I'm no expert

>> No.9678831

>>9678542
>I think most people tend to finish their routine on a toner
what

>> No.9678836

Recently got the Kikumasamune Emulsion (not the watery lotion) in anticipation of all the dry weather coming and holy crap I love it so much. It dries down so nicely and is so light. Do recommend.

>> No.9678956

>>9678507
I have heard of niacinamide and AHA/BHAs causing redness or flushing when used together, but it varies from person to person. I haven't used either of those products, but you should be able to use the toner, wait, and then the cream and be okay. If it does cause problems, switch to one in the morning and one at night.

>> No.9679051

>>9678507
Best AB second step cleanser? Using Simple's hydrating cleanser right now and I can't get the same in the country I'm in right now. Preferably would like one with a balanced pH and a gel cleanser, not foaming! Also would be neat if it was from The Face Shop as there are a ton of them near me lol.

>> No.9680321
File: 72 KB, 819x1024, COSRX-Low-pH-Good-Morning-Gel-Cleanser-1_1024x1024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9679051

>> No.9680971

How does refined olive oil work as an oil cleanser if I don't wear any makeup and use a foam after slathering my face with this gift of nature?

>> No.9680976

>>9680321
Tried it, way too drying for my face.

>> No.9681077
File: 123 KB, 1500x1500, hydrating.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9680976

>> No.9681273
File: 58 KB, 400x400, 495145564.g_0-w_g.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9680976

>> No.9681629

New products I tried (more of a rave than anything but maybe it'll help people)

>Tony Moly water bomb sleeping pack

Wow, why have i never used this before. It's amazing. It's not too oily, but it's not weak like lighter moisturisers. I got to sleep with it and I wake up with less wrinkles. It's amazing.

>Leaders brightening mask

Also wow. This gave me the most instagrammable face I ever had since I was 16. Really brightened my face and gave that really dewy Korean look. Will keep using. I need to really stock up when ulta has their sales.

>>9678542

wtf toner will wash off whatever sleeping pack i put on why would i want to do that.

>>9680971
I find oil cleansers work to keep my face from getting too dry. Don't use the same one, but I swear by it. Also let it soak in for a bit while I do other things (take off my lenses, clean brushes, tidy up the bathroom a bit...)

>> No.9682066

>>9680971
I use oil cleansers often and find it removes everything pretty well. While I don't use olive oil, I use coconut oil soap and/or Castile soap. You would think because it says soap it is really drying but, as someone who has bad eczema I can tell you it works very well. I usually put it in a foaming bottle (after diluting) since the formula (while extremely concentrated ) is extremely thin.

>On another note anyone have any recommendations on removing dark marks on dark skin? (sounds kind like a oxymoron I know)

>> No.9683020

Which sunscreen should I get if I absolutely hate how sunscreen feels on my face?

>> No.9683036
File: 33 KB, 355x355, 91kJXtHw46L._SY355_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

has anyone seen good results with noxzema i feel like its doing nothing

>> No.9683048

>>9683036
>tingles and refreshes
>more like IT BURNS

I didn't have a good experience with that cleanser, though it's been years since I last tried it. Personally I swear by >>9681077 when it comes to drugstore cleansers.

>> No.9683051

>>9683036
I had no results, 5 months. I use a regular toner instead

>> No.9683057

What does toner do?

>> No.9683061

>>9683057
Tightens your pores up

>> No.9683068

>>9678507
Should I buy into the Korean skincare routine meme? The idea of using so many products for my face makes me kind of nervous, but if it keeps my skin clear then I guess I'd be willing to give it a shot.

>> No.9683072

>>9683020
Look for japanese sunscreens or liquid texture sunscreen. Biore japan makes some of the best, if you want an EU or US drugstore option both neutrogena and la roche posay have fluid sunscreens.

>>9683057
Astringent toners(i.e. witchhazel, seabreeze, wonderpore) help balance the skin's PH and remove any cleansing residue that can also make the pores less apparent.
Hydrating toners (i.e. mario badescu, hadalabo) provide the skin with a light layer of hydration that provides moisture and other benefits like brightening or calming, before serums and creams.
Peeling toners (i.e. pixi glow tonic, skII clear toner) have a small amount of acid, normally AHA or BHA, to encourage exfoliation.

>> No.9683077

>>9683068
Korean skincare isn't about a certain number of steps it is more about taking a gentle and customized approach to skin. So it might be worth looking into adding a few korean products to help you to your skin goals.

>> No.9683101
File: 102 KB, 1238x765, 10-step-skin-care-routine-from-Korea-k-beauty-Europe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9683068
It's not that many products actually. Western dermatologists traditionally recommend a basic 4 product routine (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, sunscreen). They also recommend occasional exfoliation (another product).
The Korean skincare routine is also based on that, but adds three components:
>double cleansing
>essence
>serums, ampoules and such for specific skin issues
There are also sheet masks, but really, almost no one will EVERY STEP every single day.
Actually, even though I theoretically do the infamous 10 step routine, it rolls out like this in real life:
Morning
>cleanse (water-based)
>toner
>moisturizer
>sunscreen

Night
>oil cleanse (only when I wear makeup)
>cleanse
>toner
>essence (FTE)
>moisturizer (sleep packs are my favorites)

I do exfoliation on saturdays and sheet masks on sundays. I do eye creams occasionally too but I don't feel like they help at all so I'm kind of giving up. I also don't really do any treatments because my toner is already medicated and enough for my issues.
It looks daunting, but it really isn't: you have to adapt to your skin and routine and do something that you actually feel improvement. Don't buy a full routine at once and don't copy anyone's routine.

>> No.9683119

Anyone has a good recommendation for a cleanser for a skin prone to big pores but somewhat dry? I have run out of my moisturizer so if anyone has a good recommendation for one for the upcoming winter, I'm all ear !

>> No.9683164

Prove me that skincare is not a meme.

>> No.9683351

How do other girls manage to have nice clear skin? I've always had some degree of mild face acne, back acne, even boobs and stomach a bit. I shower every day, wash my face twice a day, and use acne clearing products.

>> No.9683355

>>9683351
it's all genetics. some people are just more prone to having acne than others

>> No.9683358

>>9683351
A lot of it comes down to diet, other environmental factors, and genetics.
Some people are never going to have perfect skin, even if they follow a perfect diet and skincare routine.
I personally find that eating properly, drinking enough water, getting a bit of heavy exercise regularly, and sleeping 7-8 hours a night does a hell of a lot more for me than using acne medicated washes or anything like that.

>> No.9683375

>>9683358
>eating properly
What does eating properly entail? I get a good nights sleep and drink plenty of water, don't exercise much though.

>> No.9683378

>>9683375
For me, it means eating a balanced diet with a lot of fruits/veg and little junk food. Essentially I try to get most of my vitamins and minerals from food, avoid excess sugar, and not eat a ton of fried food. I also try to avoid drinking a lot of alcohol because it dries out my skin so badly (and also turns me into a lobster the next day).

>> No.9683806

>>9683351
diet, hygiene, testosterone levels

>> No.9685064

I'm new to this and I bought an all-in-one snail cream from cosrx and it works really well, I only use a good amount of it and a drop of some skin lotion after I shower and it's stopped me from coming out dry. I'm not very prone to pimples, I get one every now and then and I even work a job where I work with greasy food and dishes a lot. Though at night I mouth breathe and I wake up dying and dry and feel like I have to drink a lot more water than I used to, though usually my skin still feels niceish.

Here's my questions, should I get a cleanser/exfoliant and toner and use it daily, every other/x day(s), or not at all? Second, should I get an overnight mask? Dunno if sex matters either

I know what they do (at least generally,) just wondering if I'm gonna fall for a meme if I buy one of them. Guess I can't really know until I try but thought I'd ask for some input

>> No.9685597

>>9685064
You should be cleansing and moisturising daily. How do you wash your face in the shower?

>> No.9685687

>>9685064
Skincare is very much an individual thing; I think a gentle cleanser might be worth it if you are working in an environment where you are getting a lot of grease etc on your skin, but if your skin texture is not particularly rough and you aren't getting that many pimples you may not need an exfoliant

>> No.9687151

Euro friends, so i recently received drunken elephant night serum from a friend who was in the US. And im in love, however i dont know where to buy it besides sephora where i would also have to pay VAT and shipping on the already $90 product or from the original website, shipping and probably hit with customs. I dont NEED it which is why i cant justify the $150+ it would cost. i have fairy good skin with only hormonal break outs on my chin but in like how soft and nice my skin feels in the morning and how thin and unnotiable it feels after application.
Any ideas where else i might be able to find it?
Or if you know of any similar products i could buy or get here.

>> No.9687162

>>9683164
They can't

>> No.9687276

>>9683351
Birth control got rid of my pimples.

>> No.9687434

At what age is it too late to start using sunscreen? I didn't know much about skincare until recently.

>> No.9687502

>>9687434
seriously. lmao. it's never too late to start preventing future damage.

>> No.9687523

>>9687276
I'm scared of birth control messing me up somehow, and I don't even need it for it's main purpose.

>> No.9687589

>>9683351
Good diet, a bit of exercise (just walking everyday is okay), drinking water and a simple skincare routine could help a lot. I take the pill, but I still have some pimples caused by stress and period approaching and I find that tea tree oil on those points helps too.
Also, I shower every day too. I suggest to use very kind products for that (stuff without soap or natural ingredients) and to avoid too hot water.
Sorry for my English.

>> No.9687611

>>9687523
You’re right anon.
It’s not that simple to just get it, I’m not recommending it loosely. It’s just that I’m married so it’s the best option for me right now, it was a nice side effect.
Just commenting in case some gull is on the same page as me.

>> No.9687775

Ladies, I desperately need your help. I never really had skin issues, but I'm taking meds that have caused an unholy acne breakout. I know nothing about fighting acne, I've got some moisturiser from Boots but it's not working too well.

I'm a guy, btw. Please help.

>> No.9687776

>>9687775
Honestly you might want to go see a dermatologist if your medication is making you break out. Cleansing routines only help so much, there are probably other things at work in your case.

>> No.9687782

>>9687776

Already did, she said it's just a side effect. Just one of those things.

>> No.9687796

Daily reminder that all these chemicals wouldn't be necessary if you manned up a little and took cold showers.

>> No.9687805
File: 42 KB, 400x366, 7D3BE186-8DDD-43B9-8ABC-1A0154318BD4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9687796

>> No.9687808

>>9687782
Let’s get some details.
Is your skin usually oily, dry, or different in different places? How much sun do you get? What is your day and night routine?

How much are you willing to spend, do you care about scent, how long are you willing to spend per day, etc

>> No.9687818

>>9687808
>Is your skin usually oily, dry, or different in different places?

Not especially so.

>How much sun do you get?

I work all day, so outside of my trip to work in the morning and lunch, not a lot.

>>9687808
>What is your day and night routine?

Never had one. Never needed one. I have some Boots moisturiser I started putting on last week, that's about it.

>>9687808
>How much are you willing to spend

I'd say "reasonable," but I've seen the prices in Sephora. I'm cheap.

>do you care about scent

Yes, I work full-time.

>how long are you willing to spend per day

I have no idea. I've never dealt with this before.

>> No.9687836

>>9687796
I thought warm water was supposed to be better for acne because it opens the pores.

>> No.9687845

>>9687818
Ok, that’s good to know. Basically acne is caused by clogged pores, which can collect gunk during the day (solved by cleansing). Most acne is caused by oilier skin being out of balance. Drugstore products work just fine as do Korean products which are often just as cheap, you don’t need Sephora shit.

You’re going to want to wash your face in the morning and at night. I would avoid Cetaphil and Neutrogena as they’re cheap but they also fuck up many peoples acne. I also encourage people with more sensitive/acneic skin (which yours is now) to avoid sodium laurel sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate.

Which Boots is it, I think there are multiple kinds?

Finally I would either use a medicated toner or a mask at night, whichever you prefer.

I can give specific recs if you like

>> No.9687851

>>9687845
>Neutrogena as they’re cheap but they also fuck up many peoples acne
Not the anon you're replying to but, e-elaborate on what you mean by "fuck up" please. Been using neutrogena products for a few months now.

>> No.9687867

>>9687851
I did some research and they’ve cleaned up a lot since 2015 but they had some nasty stuff like androgenic compounds and estrogenic compounds in their stuff. I used their moisturizer and their grapefruit scrub and broke out with tiny bumps on my whole face. I can’t comfortably reccomend anything from them except maybe the “gentle skin” and “baby skin” products. Keep in mind everyone has different reactions

>> No.9687967

>>9687836
you need to close them too stupid, before dirt gets in.

>> No.9687985

>>9687967
So do a hot shower but rinse yourself in cold at the end?

>> No.9688028

>>9687836
I always thought that pores opening and closing was a myth?

>> No.9688038

>>9687985
Yes. Your hair will thank you too

>> No.9688226

I have bad oily/combo skin and tend to have a lot of acne.
I wash my face every night with an oil cleanser, then use an antibacterial toner and a very hydrating moisturizer.
In the morning, I don't really know what to do. I try to oil cleanse, tone and use organic argan oil as a moisturizer but it makes my skin too oily. I tried rosehip oil but made me break out like crazy because it's too comedogenic.
I wanna use sunscreen too but I don't know what to use since I try to use only organic and simple stuff. I really don't want to use bad chemicals like parabens, sulfates and so on.
Do you gulls have any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

>> No.9688281

>>9688226
https://youtu.be/LTRpRiyIFBc

>> No.9688283

>>9688028
It is, people here have no idea what they're talking about. Just go to r/skincareaddiction if you want a skin care forum.

>> No.9688290
File: 10 KB, 400x400, tegaki.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

CAUTION - TMI:
I have very fair skin and very dark pubic/underarm hair and it grows FAST. If I'm going to wear a leotard or swimsuit, I have to shave a few hours before to make sure there's no stubble, redness, or "pimples" in that area. The pubic hair covers a huge area (it goes straight through my entire buttcrack ugh) and it grows freely outside the labia, leaving a sparse-but-still-obvious forest on the upper inner thighs [pic related].

My skin is extremely sensitive in my pubic area so I absolutely must use an electric razor to trim and afterward pat rubbing alcohol over the entire area. I can't shave it down and make it smooth or else angry pimples pop up everywhere -- even if I take an hour shaving while being as careful as I possibly can. Even if I do cut it down to nothing, the dark hair follicles show through my fair skin. I'm disliking it more and more as time goes on.

So here are my questions for the people who are like me:
>Have you found a routine that leaves you silky smooth with no problems? Share it with me pls
>Have you gotten laser hair removal in this area? Is it worth it and did you react well to the procedure?
>Have you found a way to wax this area without crying and questioning your life choices?

>> No.9688299

>>9683375
A lot of (non starchy) vegetables, some meat, and some fruit. It's not as hard as people think it should be as long as you're not drowning everything in sugary dressing or sauces

>> No.9688304

>>9688281
>not a doctor or qualified cosmetic chemist
>give a very opinionated review about chemicals used in the cosmetic industry
And I'm supposed to believe her blindly?

>> No.9688396

>>9688226
I have a really oily t-zone and in the morning I usually just rinse/rub my face with warm water, and then do my normal routine (Peter Thomas Ross toning lotion, Benton Snail Bee Essence, Clinique Dramatically Different Gel). I've noticed my oil production has gone down since using the clinique gel, actually. However I've not had bad acne in like over 10 years so I'm more clueless there. I think chemical exfoliants would be the way to go, though, like AHA and BHA.

I think you are using way, way too much oil, I'd recommend only using them at night, to seal in whatever products you use at nighttime. I do my oil and foam cleansing before going to bed and doing my night routine... For sunscreen, I would recommend Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk.

"Organic" and "chemical free" isn't gonna help oily girls like us.

>> No.9688757
File: 118 KB, 509x500, Kawai_Arino.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Cold sores
>On Lip
>Hurts slightly whenever i chew
How do i fucking treat these?
They alway take more than a week to heal, and only some of the balms manage to soften them in the first place
Even if i don't get them on the lip, i often get them on the fold between the lips, which hurts when i want to eat properly.

>> No.9688765

>>9688281
>>9688304

I can't stand all these k-beauty channels going about how they think they know everything about skincare and what not to do and what to do. Just because you tested a million products on your own skin means jackshit.

The only person I trust is maybe gothamista because what she says actually lines up with what I've been taught and what I've read with studies. But I've only watched her sunblock video.

>> No.9689740

What protection do you use for cold weather. Over here it's starting to get cold, sometimes approaches freezing temp.

>> No.9689753

>>9688757
Go get some abreva, seriously. Also, talk to your doctor or pharmacist about some more long-term treatment plans, like medicine and diet. Sounds like you have the herpes simplex virus.

>> No.9689761

>>9689740
Sleeping packs/night creams are a must. Some people also swear by petroleum jelly but I personally hate how it feels. In the daytime, I try to stay hydrated and moisturized. Mini lotion jars and lip balm are kept in all my bags. When going out on a blustery day, I cover at least my nose and mouth with a scarf.

>> No.9689797

>>9689753
>Antiviral
>When there is little to no documentation on effect
Noice
Might as well use Aftersun with copious amounts of alcohol in it.

>> No.9689817

>>9689797
Abreva works for my friend who has these. If you are just going to shoot down advice, why are you even asking?

>> No.9689866

>>9689817
Because Abreva is not preventive, its active treatment. Which means it works as soon as it flares up, and you start using it.
But it doesn't do anything when its dormant.

I guess i am just tsundere.
Already got a long term treatment plan for eczema.
And its cold sores is one of the diseases that you can't reliable google for advice on, since its all extremely shit balm advertisements or long term medical treatment plans that isn't documented on suppression.

>> No.9689871

>>9687867
>>9687851
i've completely stopped using their stuff. none of it helps, and even their makeup, which is supposed to be gentle but effective, is trash. i don't know how they can charge so much for that garbage.

>> No.9689878

>>9689871
I've used their "fast acting" acne cream and I'm pretty sure it helps. I also use their facewash but I can't tell if it does more than normal soap would.

>> No.9689880

>>9689866
Did you even read the rest of myour comment? I said, for now/immediate relief, get Abreva. Longterm, talk with your fucking doctor, not a bunch of people in Chinese costumes and frilly dresses on the Internet.

>> No.9689885

>>9688290
i'm in similar shoes, anon. i don't have that much hair down there in terms of how far it spreads, but the hair is thick as hell and honestly awfully annoying. my advice is using nair if you don't want the follicles to show. so, trim as you do usually, and then slather nair or some other hair dissolving cream over the remainder. that's short term though.
if you have the ability to do so, invest in lazer hair removal. for a medium area like your groin it shouldn't be crazy expensive, but not exactly cheap either. 100$ per treatment, and depending on your hair, you will need 4-6 treatments total. but that's my local place, and they have sales once in a while.

tldr: short term: nair. long term: lazer hair removal

>> No.9689889

>>9689878
it's still kind of a letdown. it's priced way higher than products that do a better job. in my experience cerave is much nicer in the long term. on a related note though, same goes for clean and clear, i've never had a positive reaction to any of their products.

>> No.9689898

>>9688290
>>9688290
oops, sorry missed your questions.
>Have you found a routine that leaves you silky smooth with no problems? Share it with me pls
no. the first few hours are so are fine, and the next three days i have shitty painful itchy bumps that i cant get rid of or prevent. it's hell
>Have you gotten laser hair removal in this area? Is it worth it and did you react well to the procedure?
it's pretty painless and absolutely worth it. pricey but just go for it, better than suffering through the hell that is shaving for the rest of your life. i've had one treatment done so far and it's reduced the number of hairs i have down there.
>Have you found a way to wax this area without crying and questioning your life choices?
i'm too scared to get a wax. even one rogue hair down there that I have to pluck makes me shed a tear

>> No.9689901

>>9688396
you don't use facewash at all?? how do you not break out

>> No.9690063

>>9689901
Not that anon, but face wash tends to irritate my skin, so I usually skip it. I have super sensitive combo skin, mostly oily around the sides of my nose and dry in the cheeks (and eyebrows, for whatever reason), with most of my acne being blackheads on my nose or pimples on my chin around that time of the month.

I wash with warm water and an exfoliating cloth twice a day, and the only time I really break out is if I am on my period, start eating like shit, or don't wash my pillowcases often enough.

>> No.9690068

>>9689898
Why not just not shave? I have a similar amount to the first anon but I just trim it.

>> No.9690328

>>9690068
it's annoying, esp in that area. i shave once in a while, but only when i need to. otherwise yes, i trim it too. long term is much better which is why i'm getting laser.

>> No.9690330

Do I really need to put on sunscreen if I'm a neet who never leaves the house and sits in a dark room with blackout curtains?

>> No.9690715

>>9690330
Probably not

>> No.9690776

>>9690330
i once said that i only wear sunscreen when i go outside and the sun is shining and cgl basically crucified me

>> No.9690782

>>9688290
>afterward pat rubbing alcohol over the entire area.

I'd assume this is a big mistake, I'd suggest a proper toner, like maybe witch hazel with aloe.

>> No.9690788

>>9690776
Well I understand the part about not wearing sunscreen when you don't go outside, but you should wear sunscreen even if it isn't sunny because there's still UV rays.

>> No.9690857
File: 88 KB, 960x720, peau.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9683375
Believe me it does. Once i start eating greasy food (such as cheese, a shame since it's delicious here in France), acne-looking pimples appear on my chin.

I have those 3 products. I'm new to skin care and i use the first 2 simply to remove make-up.
But the first one is also supposed to "hydrate" your skin, so is that also a moisterizer product? And the second to clean your skin, so is that a cleanser? I'm sorry if these questions sound retarded but i wounder if the stuff they say is legitimate or just a selling argument for make-up removing only products. Also not sure about translations.

The third is described as "tonic"/"tonify the skin" something so it's supposed to be a toner right?

>> No.9690887

>>9687523
Birth control got rid of my acne but I also got so emotional I cried nearly every day.
I cried over getting the wrong brand of sour cream. That's how ridiculous it got.

>> No.9690930

>>9690776
If you're in the house with the curtains open maybe you should just use a 15spf moisturizer.

>> No.9690935

>>9683375
Cod liver oil each day, or actually eating 2 meals of fish each week.
Eating some variant of whole grain grain bread. Or some variant of cauliflower to don't suffer iron malnutrition.
Eat a fruit for breakfast, or alongside it, depending on if you can eat during the morning.

Greasy food is a different matter.

>> No.9691019

>>9689901
only in the mornings. when i take off my makeup and sunscreen before bed, i use a gentle facewash.

>> No.9691400

Does anyone microneedle? I have big pores on my cheeks even though I never get acne there or pick at my face, and most places online suggest that.
I'd be grateful for any other suggestions, too. I wish I could get picture perfect skin like girls in my comm.

>> No.9691787

>>9689901
Thirding the water only cleansing in the morning. I didn't wear makeup overnight, so just a bit of water to wash off skincare and oil is fine.

>> No.9691895
File: 82 KB, 508x320, uv damage through glass.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9690330
>>9690776
>>9690788
UVA gives no fucks about windows or clouds so even if it's not sunny or you're inside, sunscreen is necessary to prevent ageing. Blackout curtains should keep out UVA but I'm not sure if being completely in the dark 24/7 is healthy either.

>>9690930
This sounds like a happy medium.

>> No.9691915

Speaking of sunscreens, what about re-application? I always read it should be re-applied every 2 hours but does this refer to 2 hours of total sun exposure? On most days, I usually don't spend much more than about 30 minutes outside going to and from places so would it be fine if I only apply it once in the morning or not?

>> No.9691976

>>9690776
I'm ghostly pale and I stopped wearing sunscreen a while after I switched to the keto diet. Several months in I noticed I didn't burn anymore, it's the weirdest thing.

>> No.9692030

>>9691915
The Norwegian recommendation, by some consumer group, for harsh high mountain hiking/skiing is basically
1. First layer, evenly, wait for it to absorb
2. Add second layer, just as even, and done
This is with SP15 and SP30.

For leisure gulling, might as well go down to SP5-8, in 2 layers, in the morning. Or one layer of SP15, then add up some more moisture on top of that.

>> No.9692415

Quick question to anyone that uses serums can you use 2 differently serums in one day like a vitamin c in the morning and a hyaluronic acid at night ?

>> No.9692449

>>9681629
Actually came on here looking for a good night moisturizer and the Tony Moly water bomb isnt even too expensive. Ill have to try it, thanks anon.

>> No.9692450

>>9678542
toner comes after cleansing you dumbass

>> No.9692462

>>9687523

Unless you have some history (high blood pressure, migraines with aura, breast cancer, or clots), BC is safe to try. Most of the side effects anons mentioned aren't even proven, which by no means implies these side effects are fake, it just means everyone reacts to it differently and that they should not occur for a good portion of people. No, I do not think BC should be taken lightly, but yes, I think you should try it. Most of the side effects go away too after you stop taking it, which is much better than what we can say about certain drugs. Talk to your doctor at least about it and see what they say.

I'm currently on the IUD, but before I was on birth control and it controlled my periods. I never had a problem with acne so I can't comment on it, but it should be something you should consider if the acne is hormonal.

>> No.9692470

>>9692462

I think I worded part of my reply wrong. I don't think you *should try* it but I don't think you should be scared of it either. Sorry, I really just want to clarify and I don't want to come off as shoving something onto someone I don't know on the internet. Just saying that a lot of your worries are pretty relevant, but there is also the other side too. BC has a lot of mythos around it and while a lot of the concerns are very relevant, it should not absolutely turn you away from at least seeing if it works out for your issues.

>> No.9692497

What lotions should I be feeding to my ugly hoary hands?

>> No.9692790

>Be me, always had trouble with acne
>Decide to try a double cleanse about 2 months ago
>Like an idiot, started using both products at the same time
>Results seemed average at first, no huge improvement but nothing worse besides more CCs
>About a month or month and a half in start getting worse breakouts on my cheeks and chin
>Not sure which cleanser I'm reacting badly to

Is my best bet here to just switch back to Cetaphil for a bit until this all clears up? I figured I could do that and afterwards text the products one at a time to determine what the cause is. I know it's one of those two because I didn't have problems until after adding both new cleansers.

>> No.9694826

>>9692790
Do you hydrate your skin?
Double cleansing does not force your face into contacting some foreign substances for long periods of time, so I think your skin is not directly reacting to any of the products. It could be overproducing oils though, as you are stripping them off your skin every time you wash your face and supposedly not moisturizing afterwards. Your sebacious glands get the "it's too dry up here" signal from the surface and kinda panic.
Try introducing a moisturizer. I think most skincare guides say you should to it first.

>> No.9695204

>>9687836
>>9687967
>>9687985
>>9688038
>thinking pores open and close

This thread is full of retards.

>> No.9695208

>>9692462
Birth control can cause depression, you retard, if you are talking about the symptom >>9690887
said. It's proven, just fucking google it. Don't tell anyone to use BC if you are not a doctor. Anyone can get sick from BCs. You don't need history to get pulmonary embolism or even a stroke because of pills.

>> No.9695392

>>9695204
They don't? I don't fucking know, please explain then.

>> No.9695398
File: 14 KB, 300x400, beauty-products-skin-2012-burts-bees-intense-hydration-mask.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hey seagulls just popping in to say that this stuff is amazing when used as a night cream. just a pea-sized amount or so (spread all over after cleansing and toning) and you'll wake up with plush, happy skin. and using it this way means you get A LOT more product as nightcream for the money simply because they expect you to use so much for a mask. i have dry, sensitive skin and a friend tipped me off to using it this way and it's been a lifesaver ever since

>> No.9695409

>>9695392
Other anon is being an asshole about it but no, they don't. Heat does the job of loosening up the gunk inside so it's easier to remove; the less gunk in your pores, the smaller they look, which is why heat does help when cleaning your face or getting a facial.

>> No.9695412

>>9695409
>your pores don't open from heat
>but gunk comes out of your pores from heat
What's the difference?

>> No.9695420

>>9695412
The gunk loosens up not the pores
If you stick a rock in a hole the size of that rock, its stuck but if you heat it up enough to melt the rock, it will come out easily

>> No.9695490

>>9694826
I do use a moisturizer on a regular basis, so I don't think that's it. Before starting a double cleanse I used the basic cleanse/tone/moisturize routine, so the only change I made was switching my cleanser and adding an additional one.

>> No.9695529

>>9695412
I didn't say that. Heat loosens the sebum so it can be more easily removed by washing your face or extracting. You can't just steam your face and expect sebum to start leaking out of your pores.

>> No.9695533

Who /super oily/ here? If I don't vigorously scrub my face every day, my pores clog and I break out. On the plus side, skin looks younger than it should at 29

>> No.9696894

I would like to share my experience, because it may help someone. I have combo skin, very veeeeeeeeeery dehydrated. My pores used to clog like CRAZY, even with a full routine focused on hydration, and red bumps would appear all over my face. One day I decided to cut out all hair products that had silicones and sulfates as main ingredients, because I read somewhere that they could be the cause for my hair's dryness. Guess what, little less that two weeks later my skin stopped having breakouts. I hadn't changed my routine nor my diet, so I reached to the conclusion that silicones and sulfates are one of the main reasons that I suffer from acne. I still have some clogged pores, but nothing like before. It makes sense, silicones block the pores and make acne easier to appear. I'm not saying this could work out for you, but for me it was life saving. Another recommendation is that if you feel that no product is working for you, it's always best to pay a visit to your dermatologist. Sometimes the only way to treat acne is by using birth pills or hormones regulating ones, or maybe you have fungal acne, which requires a whole different treatment, and given that is similar to normal acne, treating it by yourself can be pretty exhausting.

>> No.9697140

gulls, please fill me in on eye cream. i'm 24 and the last few months some major wrinkles appeared under my eyes. until now i just used an organic eye cream from the drug store which doesn't have any anti aging properties. i wanna start using the real shit now. any recs?

> tfw my eyes were my best facial feature and now i look like my grandma

>> No.9697171

>>9696894
Silicon doesn't block pores.
Silicon leaves traces of microplastic in your skin, and it reacts to having a foreign substance lodged in there.
So its the same reason some people need to use a toothpaste without plastic, because they get something resembling minor cold sores inside their mouth.

I wish some gull would preach about the dangers/effect of sulfate in skin products.
I want that knowledge.

>> No.9698247

>>9695398
Thank you!

>> No.9698252

>>9678542
I always finish up my routine with an essence and then a light moisture lotion

>> No.9698255

>>9683164
I used to only wash my face in the shower with the same soap I used to wash my body
I had horrific acne
Now I have a proper skincare routine
I have no acne and my mom and dad got back together

>> No.9698258

>>9695208

It actually isn't proven for most forms, and only suggested for two - the nuvaring and the depo provera shot. Even that correlation is not well researched or well controlled right now, so I'm hoping for more studies on this in the future. I might be a retard, but I know my studies and I can distinguish statistics from personal experiences.

>just google it

I tend to use actual sources and not the first things I find on google, thank you.

>> No.9698263

>>9683351
acne prone skin is usually has more oil too (more genetics), which isn't always a bad thing. My skin has always been super clear and I never get acne on my face, But my face is also becomes very very dry because of it and I have to slather on the moisturizer or my skin is easily damaged especially in the winter.

>> No.9698332
File: 51 KB, 1024x1024, 51pCTxEIz2L._SL1024_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9680976
I'm using this after having used the CosRX stuff.
It's light and leaves my skin feeling a little 'too CLEAN' but never dry.

>> No.9698334
File: 110 KB, 1000x1000, 611yDWR3bGL._SL1000_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9683020
And never look back anon, you will never need a different sunscreen for your face after this.

>> No.9698335

>>9683068
My old lady skin says there's something to it, my face looks a decade nicer than it does if I drop routine. Lazy unfit bouts of ennui aside, my face is actually pretty without makeup, and I don't get acne soo..

>> No.9698337

>>9683351
Moisturize.
But, no amount of any changes you make will stop the chin strap from hormone imbalance, and change itself, using different skincare, eating differently, will bring on acne in flux, so once you get into some good habits you'll see improvements after your body's stabilized.

>> No.9698340

>>9690782
It's not, the alcohol decreases the risk of getting infected pores, you're essentially treating your irritated skin like a wound at that point. If you regularly use moisturizer, it's not an issue.

>> No.9698348

>>9698337
There's nothing I can do to stop hormonal chin acne?

>> No.9698350

>>9688290
I too have sensitive girl skin and wild un-tamable woman thicket anon.
What I do is I generally let the sides grow out a bit because that's where the worst irritation, where my skives elastic, is, and just trim and spot shave.
If I need to clean it up because I'm 'expecting company', I will often go through a routine.
Steps:
Moisturize regularly
Bathe, exfoliate, moisturize with something like aloe gel that won't gum up the razor
TRIM first, with a pair of hair scissors, because you're not an animal
Use a clean, newish razor ERRYTIEM
After every short pass, clear out the razor, which I do by flailing it in the water till it's clear
Sit in the growing mess of your own hair and skin as you work your way from the middle to the edge, because you are an animal
Make as few passes over your most sensitive areas as possible.

After care: Nudity, moisturizer, and gentle alcohol swipes if I'm feeling the burn come on. For whatever reason, I can totally tell if my skin might get infections, those pimples, so I try limiting that by carrying around hand sanitizer for my lady bits. I know, so classy. I also schedule in shaves for days when I know I don't have to wear jeans/get all sweaty and gross for the next day or two.

I use those executive razors that dollar shave club sells, with the single blade on the backside, and I'll use that single blade for detailing. I'm literally swimming in razors at any given time because of that subscription, so I can burn them after single painstaking uses.

///TLDR, life is suffering and all you can do is hope your useless actions somehow don't bring you pain and embarrassment.

>> No.9698352

>>9692415
I mean, yeah anon, it's whatever works for you.

>> No.9698354
File: 157 KB, 1500x1010, 71I4q8iwu0L._SL1500_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9697140
Both to post some recs anon, first up is Mizon Snail repair cream
It's a heavier moisturizer so this goes on in this order..
cleanse>tone>essence>lighter daily moisturizer>(This stuff)>sleeping pack (always last)

>> No.9698357
File: 26 KB, 316x500, 41EJiXEy6jL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9698354
*Bout*
Fuck if I can spell though.
Masks get used over toners, if you are using one, you'll want something that effectively helps your skin absorb the mask better.

>> No.9698359
File: 193 KB, 2028x772, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9698357
I am really digging Skinfood's royal honey line, but Burt's Bee's Radience cream really helped me out.
If you're a broke dick, you can do treatments with just honey itself too, and if it crystallizes, just warmed it up or use it as an exfoliant. Bad times mean I go to the trust bottle of bear and apple cider vinegar for skin aide.

>> No.9698362

>>9698348
You can make it easier to come back from it by treating anything that gets opened like a wound rather than just any old pimple, they're often cystic and don't heal right/cause scars
There are certain treatments and stuff, but I'd recommend seeing a dermo if it's really a bother for you, they'd be able to recommend/prescribe things to help that would be hard to find yourself.

>> No.9698364

>>9698334
I'm a dick.
This is shiseido, the drug store varietal that isn't available in the west, unless you can find certains brick and mortars, US Amazon has it for 6 dollahh

>> No.9698367

>>9698362
I dunno, I've never gotten acne scars but usually my chin pimples get scabby and take a long time to heal. Can't really afford to see a derm right now.

>> No.9698372

>>9698367
Use antibiotic ointment and don't let the scabs get crusty, that's all I can really say. They might not scar, which is great, mine luckily didn't either, but you can get longer term damage letting them heal that way. I'm not your mom

>> No.9698388

>>9698367
Oh, you can use tea tree oil to spot treat even hormonal acne, it's like an astringent toner if you dilute it. Strong smell might turn you off of it though, but I swear you get used to it.
It's just so much a part of my regular habits that I forgot about it.

>> No.9698704

>>9687845
Idk where you heard tha Cetaphil face wash fucks up your skin because that’s a complete lie? Cetaphil and Cerave are two of the gentlest, non-comedogrnic brands that are easily accessible in the West. They’re straight up the only two face washes that will be reccomended by a dermatologist when you are going on Accutane. Yes Neutrogrna is a terrible brand but where tf are you getting Cetaphil from

>> No.9698713

>>9687523
Look, don’t let the other anons in the thread scare you. Birth control, like any other product or medication falls into the YMMV category. Some people have bad side effects but they are not in the vast majority. I put off going onto birth control for years because I was absolutely terrified of it. I’m not sexually active, but my dermatologist reccomended it to me because despite going on Accutane for nine months I was still breaking out, especially around my period. I was desperate and pushed past my fear and tried it. And the thing is if you experience negative side effects you can just quit right away and speak with your doctor. Luckily my side effects were just the average aches and pains for a few months and that’s it. I now have a more predictable cycle and my acne has vastly improved.
They don’t just put you on a random dose you get blood work and they go off of that for what is best. So don’t feel terrible if you go on birth control for so,etching other than the intended reason, it’s incredibly common. Make the decision yourself based on how much your hormones affect your acne, and consult you doctor or dermatologist, not randos on the internet who had one bad experience and aren’t medically trained professionals.

>> No.9698999

>>9698359
>Burt's Bee's Radience cream
Is that normally 50+$????

>> No.9699017

I'm so sick of my stupid dry skin. It usually gets worse during the winter, but this year it's extra bad. I've tried several moisturizers for extra dry skin, but they don't work well enough, so in desperation I've tried rubbing plain coconut oil on my face every morning and evening. It works ok, although the skin around my nose and my cheeks still gets a little dry and flaky. My lips are gross and chapped no matter what I do, but if I moisturize them every hour it at least doesn't hurt when I smile and talk. I only use lukewarm water when I wash myself, warm water fucks me up even more. I'm so sick of this, what can I do?

>> No.9699018

>>9698388

I second the effectiveness of tea tree oil for treating acne. Apply to it your face right after the shower while your skin is still wet.

>> No.9699041

>>9699017
Have you tried using an occlusive moisturizer? After applying your regular one, apply an occlusive one on top to help seal in the moisture. At night, you can use occlusive sleeping cream/pack.

For your lips, use petroleum jelly or aquaphor if you don't want straight petroleum jelly. I personally use the vasoline lip therapy year round and it does wonders.

>> No.9699115

>>9682066
by "dark marks" do you mean post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or things like freckles and moles?

>> No.9699171

>>9690887
Same anon, I was on the patch and broke out in places I never had acne in so I switched to the shot and I was murderous and depressed during my first few months. Iktf of crying and feeling crazy so much.

Like other anons have mentioned, it can take time for side effects to adjust or you just might be better with different kinds of BC. And BC might not even be "right" for you so make sure to speak to a medical professional about it.

>> No.9699176

>>9695398
I've had issues with their cleansers and lip balm but their lotions and sunscreen are great!

>> No.9699179

>>9680971
I recommend a 1/3:2/3 solution of castor oil:carrier oil (olive or coconut or whatever works for you), anon. Castor oil is the champion of oil cleansing.

>> No.9699226

>>9698999
Nah, about $20
They have a different one, packaging is similar that is in that price range.

>> No.9699463

>>9699017
How often do you moisturize? Idk if your dry skin is similar to my eczema but I got told that you should be able to feel the lotion on your skin 24/7 or you're not moisturizing enough. Thankfully mine was just on my elbows and knees so it was reasonably easy to moisturize and to cover up.

>> No.9699507
File: 993 KB, 2831x2831, KS-KOJISANSOAPx2-65.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone have a favorite lightening cream? I am pale as paper but I have been trying some for my post-acne hyperpigmentation (on my body, not face). I've tried Kojie San Lightening Lotion which had a mild effect compared to AMBI Fade Cream which works wonders as long as you keep it up. The Kojie San Kojic Acid Soap is also lovely and smells great!

With that said, I'm really excited to try some new Skinfood products. I'm getting the Black Sugar Honey Scrub and Black Sugar Essence for the holidays.

>> No.9699857

>>9697171
Anon, who told you silicon has microplastics in it?
If you mean polyethylene, you'd be right, that /is/ microplastic
But silicon sprays and what not don't have plastic as a rule lol. My latdx would be all fucked by now if I was shining it with abrasives.

>> No.9699864

>>9699507
I like Likas soap, less harsh/drying than the kojie san lotion, which smells nice but requires I bathe in moisturizer after using it.

>> No.9700316

>>9699864
I'll try that one out next, thanks!

You're right, the Kojie San is soooo drying. I've actually been following up on the soap with the AMBI cream which seems to be a strong combo, especially since I only have some problem areas and don't need to cover my whole body with that tiny tube! I think I'll try the Likas for some more overall lightening.

>> No.9700871
File: 126 KB, 1200x1200, 61r9R-M6apL._SL1200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm in dire need of help anons
Lately, I've noticed that I have pretty noticeable wrinkles under my eyes, as well as the skin under the eyes being really dry.
I'm not sure if it's something with my medication, or if it's because I cry a lot, but I'm only 19, and would like to prevent it from becoming worse if possible
What could I do? I already moisturize, and I use pic related, but I don't really feel like it's helping that much.

>> No.9700985

>>9699017
Iktf. So far I’ve really benefited from Korean snail products and CosRX’s honey ceramide cream. They leave my skin moisturized and keep flakes at bay. However they also make me shiny as fuck. Actually, nearly all skincare products do. It sucks because people assume it’s sweat, and will literally come up to ask me what I did to get so sweaty. I’ve tried mattifying finishing powders but those just dry me out further so at the end of the day I have flakey skin around my nose and mouth AND powder pilling all over the place. This happens even if I use a minuscule amount of powder.
The only part of the face where it’s socially acceptable to be shiny as fuck is the lips, so I use heavy Vaseline lip balm at all times and as a result my lips are the only region of my face that never gets dry and flakey.

I’m currently NEETing it up so I’m okay with sitting around my house looking shiny, but every time I have to go out and interact with people it’s like oh fuck, now what. I hope I’ll have a solution by the time I find a job.

>> No.9701266

>>9700985
>people come up to you to ask what you've been doing to sweat so much
Like, strangers? Because if so, what backwards ass suburbia do you live in?

>> No.9701750

>>9700985
Blotting paper?

>> No.9702688

>>9695398
Do use this every night?

>> No.9702741

>>9701266
Coworkers and friends, mostly.
>”Did you run all the way here, anon?”
>No, I took the bus.
>”Was it that hot in the bus?” etc.
Also people asking me if I have a fever or telling me I “look a bit flushed” despite there being zero redness. Fun times. Oh and at the end of the day, people are like
>”Anon you got some crumbs around your mouth”
lol no that’s my skin flaking off actually

>>9701750
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that’s what I’ve been doing on most days where I have to be presentable all day. It doesn’t get rid of all the shine though and it also dries me out a bit, probably by removing some of the moisturiser. My skin is shiny even if it’s completely free of product, products just make it worse. It’s very tight, I guess. I don’t know where I’m going with this.

>> No.9702992

>>9700985
Have you tried oils and thinner serums for daytime, with heavier sleeping packs and face masks at night? Sounds counterintuitive, but sometimes oils are better absorbed by dehydrated skin so you don't look so oily. Skincare is such a YMMV thing but it does definitely sound like your skin is still dehydrated and dry.

>> No.9702998

>>9700871
Retinol

>> No.9703153

>>9683061
Lmao what? It just provides a clean base for your skin for more bullshit products to be put on top.

>> No.9703257

>>9702998
>Retinol
Thanks, I googled it and it seems like it would be a good option for me to try out
Will it be enough with one product? And in that case, what kind of product should I go with, a night cream or something else?

>> No.9703275

Do you people honestly wear sunscreen every single time you go outside? I tried doing that, too, but I gave up after about a month. It makes my face feel so gross and sticky. Even my hair touching my face feels disgusting with sunscreen on so I am not even comfortable letting my hair down. Simple things like putting glasses on feel gross. The collar of my shirt touching my face if I look down or slightly turn my face around feels gross. I wouldn't even be able to wear a scarf because it would be rubbing on my face all the time. Just thinking about all of that makes me shudder and I am not exaggerating. It's too much of a hassle to bear, how do you people do it?

>> No.9703365

>>9703275
I do it every morning and apply with a makeup brush.

Use Japanese or Korean sunscreen. If you're in America, you can't buy it in person, unless you want to pay for Anthelios $20-30+ for a small bottle. Buy it online from a trusted ebay/Amazon seller.

Asian sunscreens are bit more expensive than most western drugstore brands, but you'll feel the difference on your face. Do your research though. Some JP brands/lines may be more drier/shinier than others.

>> No.9703397

>>9703275
Depends on the type of sunscreen, but the senka one some anon posted above goes on pretty comfortably and I don't feel it during the day. It's a tiny hassle to put it on the morning, but so is brushing my hair. Just think of it as a necessity.

>> No.9703406
File: 14 KB, 400x400, laroche_anthleliosxlfluide50.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9703365
I am in Europe and I have been using pic related which I can get for 10€ where I live but it still feels oily and sticky. I guess I will have to try a Japanese one and hopefully it's going to feel better.

>>9703397
>It's a tiny hassle to put it on the morning
It's not putting it on that's the hassle for me, I don't mind that since it only takes a few seconds, it's how it makes my face feels throughout the whole day that's a major hassle.

>> No.9703409

>>9703275
I use Japanese sunscreens that I can't even feel on my face after they dry. I get them from eBay and they're not expensive at all, especially compared to Western sunscreens that aren't shit.

>> No.9703622

>>9703257
Retinol can cause irritation, one product should be enough, don't want to overdo it. Vitamin e oil could also help if retinol isn't for you.

>> No.9703638

>>9703275
biore uv watery essence pa++++

>> No.9703741

>>9688290
I shave with just a stick razor and some soap. The waxing can cause the same thing, and you'd have to deal with in-grown hairs.

I use Hibiclens. Now, I have a conditioner so I was directed to use it by a doctor, but athletes, day-care workers, and other people use it day-to-day. I suds it up in my hands and apply it to the top part for a minute or two,and rinse before I get out of the shower. (I don't ever have issue 'down there'. You don't want to use it down there.)

Since using it, I'm completely clear down there. It's amazing. Silk. You should consider asking your doctor about it. Otherwise an ob-gyn once suggested leaving tea bags on it since the tannin alleviates inflammation and draws out the infection in the follicles.

>> No.9703742

>>9703741
skin condition, not conditioner. Whoops.

>> No.9703781

>>9703406
Oh yeah, if it's the feeling, I would definitely recommend trying out Asian sunscreens. I get mine from amazon for like $10 including shipping.

>> No.9704536

>>9703275
Yup.
I use this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Shiseido-Senka-Aging-Sunscreen-SPF50/dp/B00IG12XLO

Cheap and absolutely weightless, doesn't leave white cast or anything.

>> No.9704561

>>9699115
The post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation

>> No.9704587

>>9703741
Try sugaring, it is less painful than waxing.

>> No.9704594

>>9704561
Vitamin C and niacinamide

>> No.9704994

>>9683351
Epiduo! Saved my damn LIFE. Nothing else worked - not birth control, antibiotics, multiple step cleansing and moisturizing regimes prescribed by my dermatologist, not differin or prescription strength retinol, not changing my diet, NOTHING. And now I have such clear skin! It is honestly a blessing! I just have to put on the epiduo at night, smear it across my face and anywhere else I don’t want acne, and bam. It just never shows up. I almost went on accutane before my derm gave me epiduo, my acne just didn’t respond to anything else.

>> No.9704997

>>9704536
Do you use a moisturizer underneath it? If so, which one do you recommend?

>> No.9705012
File: 74 KB, 1280x1280, philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Review.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have perfectly clear and healthy skin from just rinsing my face with water and using pic related and sunscreen. Is it worth adding more steps to my routine if my skin is already good? Idk how to feel when I see these anons talking about 10 different products they use on the daily

>> No.9705015

>>9705012
if you have a routine that works for you, by all means stick to it, and consider yourself lucky.

when you get older you can start to look at anti-aging stuff

>> No.9705021

I have no oil, no wrinkles, no pimples, no nothing wrong with my skin except a few freckles.
What should I do to keep my skin kawaii forever?

>> No.9705026

Gulls, I need help!

I've recently started noticing a difference in my skin type over the years, from oily --> combination/oily ---> now which is normal/dry. The dry patches that I get (mostly on cheeks and forehead, have become worse, and more noticable. So all of a sudden I have a skincare routine that is aimed at the wrong skin type (I have a lot of mattifying stuff) which doesn't help my skin at all.

What step is the best to switch out at first? Moisturizer? I don't wanna go change it all at once, with the chance of my skin going crazy...

>> No.9705035

>>9705026
Make sure your skin is not dehydrated. Whereas dry skin is skin type, both dry and oily skin can become dehydrated. I am an oily skin person who has become dehydrated. I'm using a hydrating toner and stopped using a foaming wash. Ceramides are reported to help too. Mine isn't completely gone, but it is much better now.

>> No.9705037

>>9705021
Some sunscreen(weak) as final layer. Too much cause long term damage, from lack of sunlight penetration.
Don't overdo makeup, it causes long term damage to skin
Pluck eyebrowns to get sexier shape
Makeup remover is actually harsh on the skin.

>> No.9705092

>>9705037
>Some sunscreen(weak)
Like spf30 or something? Also, I don't wear makeup and I never have. I'm not worried about that.

>> No.9705141

>>9705092
SPF15 is already 95% protection. SPF30 is even more.
30 is complete overkill unless you spend all day outside.

>> No.9705292

Which exfoliant should I get?

>> No.9705298

Okay, gulls, I need your help.
When I was in Korea last summer, I used some of this body wash with a chemical exfoliant. The wash was incredibly thin and watery, and as soon as I applied it to my skin, all of the dead skin just fell off, leaving super silky skin behind.
I was an idiot and didn't get the name of the product. Does anyone know of anything similar?

>> No.9705629

>>9705141
Hmm, any good recs then? I'm looking for a gentle daily sunscreen. I don't need waterproof. My skin gets irritated really easily (which is why I don't wear makeup). Most sunscreens are marketed as super high SPF and waterproof.
I'd like something really light an really easy to wash off.

>> No.9705634
File: 72 KB, 674x440, Secret-Key-Lemon-Sparkling-Peeling-Gel-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is this shit just a meme? Does it actually remove dead skin cells by pilling them up? I've been using it for a while, and it seems to work well.
But... is it actually ruining my face?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TCLT-xTNYY
Vid related. Not promoting this channel, it was just the most succinct demo I could find on youtube.

>> No.9705666

>>9705634
>Lemon
Enjoy your UV burns.

>> No.9705694

>>9705666
But I always use it at night, satan!

>> No.9705763

>>9705629
see
>>9698334

>> No.9707674
File: 128 KB, 534x640, 1496501325021.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What creams/face masks do you recommend for acne-prone skin? Preferably cheap or something really worth the price.

>> No.9707676

>>9705634
it doesn't actually take off skin. the ingredients in the gel ball up by themselves. put some and rub it on like a plastic cap or something. It'll still take off "dead skin" even though it's not actually being used on skin.

>> No.9707749

>>9707674
Depends on what causes the acne.
If its dry skin
Oily skin
Hormones
Uneven skin
etc

Might as well wash your bedcovers every 2 weeks, and pillow each 1-2 months
At the least use a wet towel to clean face morning and evening, and then use some moisture
I am sure there is effective products deeper down the rabbit hole, and somebody else will provide depth of said hole

>> No.9707759

>>9707676
But it doesn't ball up when I rub it on other materials.
Also, if I rub the same area with the gel twice it takes off less skin than the first time, even with the same amount of product.

>> No.9707762

>>9707759
http://www.labmuffin.com/fact-check-friday-do-peeling-gels-really-peel-off-my-skin/
It's a combination of the ingredients in the gel plus the oils on your skin that makes the stuff ball up. It's a physical exfoliate, not a chemical one, so it shouldn't be doing any significant damage.

>> No.9707763

>>9704997
I do. I have dry skin tho, so I use a lot of stuff especially in winter otherwise it cracks and bleeds.
On the daily, I usually go for this:

- Klair's rich moist soothing cream or something heavier if it is really cold like Elemental Facial Barrier Cream by Aesop
- Ceramidin liquid and cream by Dr Jart+

>> No.9707785

>>9707674
Retinoids.

>> No.9707871

>>9698247
you're welcome!
>>9702688
most every night, yeah. but then, i'm a lizard person. if your skin doesn't need it as often, i'd think you could use it a few nights a week after an irritating treatment or scrub or something

>> No.9707926

I normally have very clear skin. 26 years old, just use a simple cleanser in the shower, moisturizer before bed and a light sunscreen (not as often as I should). That's it, and no issues.

The last month I've had an extremely bad breakout on my chin and a single huge zit on my cheek. It fucking hurts. The last three days there was severe redness all on my chin, which has faded some, but it's still there.

I am visiting my family across the country in a few days and there will be tons of pictures. Is using makeup the worst possible idea right now? Is there a fast, emergency fix I can use to control these zits? Please help /cgl/

>> No.9707957
File: 57 KB, 1200x850, 51090513.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9707926
Use acne dots (pic related) for spot treatment. Might take a couple of nights but they will make bad zits go away very effectively.

>> No.9707959

>>9707926
Also if you have redness on your chin that sounds like hormonal acne, see a doctor for effective treatment. You can use retinoids but it'll keep coming back unless you fix the root cause

>> No.9707966

>>9707926
this >>9707957, but use a lancet to lance the zit first, otherwise there'll be no way for the pus to come out.

>> No.9708146

How do I fix back acne?

>> No.9708519

>>9678507
should i invest more in a better moisturizer? i find the cheapest i can, but maybe i should get one of a higher quality. recs?

>> No.9708572

>>9708519
Do you need a better moisturiser? How does your skin feel?

I have a super dry skin and if I don't invest in moisturisers my face literally bleeds, my friend is on the oilier side and she often doesn't even wear it.

>> No.9708590
File: 21 KB, 355x355, 71y0O7bvmLL._SY355_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9708146
My strategy was to get a loofah back scrubbing pad. They are awful to keep clean, but totally worth it imo. Also, moderate sun exposure seems to help. My backne cleared up almost completely after a few beach days and scrubbing

>> No.9708630

>>9705037
Do you have a source on lack of sunlight causing long-term damage to facial skin?

>> No.9708689

>>9679051
The Face Shop sells Dr. Belmeur's cleanser. They gave me a sample of it and I really liked it. Wasn't drying on my face and google says it's low pH too.

>> No.9708700

>>9687523
My body doesn't tolerate the hormones well and my acne got worse. I was also a depressed emotional mess. And the constant ravenous hunger was difficult to deal with. I had a hard time keeping my weight at a healthy bmi when I was on the pill. And I had so much break though bleeding. But women in my family have all had similar side effects. If the women more closely genetically related to you did fine, chances are you will too. I've had friends who's moods improve, acne gets better and cycles get easier. The thing about the pill is that if it's not working for you, you can stop taking it. And you should be fine.

>> No.9708876

>>9690857
All of those are shit
If you want to do double cleansing you should be using an oil-based makeup remover and a soap or foam-y cleanser.
The first product is NOT a moisturizer by any means. Moisturizer should be the last step of your routine.
The third product contains a lot of alcohol and is going to dry your skin out
Micellar cleansing water is not appropriate for double-cleansing ; you can try it on days you're not wearing a lot of makeup BUT you have to rinse it (despite what it says on the packaging)
Also don't try several new products at once, introduce ONE to your routine, use for 2-3 weeks, if no bad effects introduce another. If you react badly to one product (acne breakouts, irritation, dryness etc) it will be easier to spot which one is causing it

French skincare content : I heavily recommend the Facebook group "le millefeuille ou layering" and the blog "les chroniques de Sonia"

>> No.9708916

Kind of new to the skincare thing, i.e not just using the cheapest drugstore brand. Does anyone have brand recommendations for a nice toner? My skin seems really dull lately and the pores on my nose are really dark, so I'd like to try something new. Sorry if spoonfeeding, toner is just the one thing I'm kind of clueless about.

>> No.9709616

>>9708630
What makes you think its only facial skin? There is a reason Icelanders are almost blue in color, as are Siberians.
So its one thing to suffer slow sun damage from sun. Its another that when transforming cells via sun absorption, the area around it also gets more nutrition.
If you OD badly enough on sunblock, or live far enough north, you get something called Winter Depression, where the body is confused due low amounts of nutrition. This also lowers the quality of skin, on top of general malnutrition.

I am saying if you don't go hiking, or sun bathing, and you are permanently covered in SPF30, you will suffer malnutrition after half a year, if not sooner.

>> No.9709729

Is there a way to stop breaking out around the time I get my period? Or will hormones fuck me up no matter what?

>> No.9709901

anyone using a teeth whitener they want to recommend?
I need to use one but can’t decide on what to get

>> No.9709912

>>9708146
Change bedsheets more often.

>> No.9709938

Hey guys, how do you skincare when you travel? I’m going on vacation it’s some friends in a few months, and I’ve never flown in a plane before. I was wondering what I would be allowed to bring in my luggage? For example, would it be alright for me to pack my AHA, BHA and toner? Im in America and just flying to another state.

>> No.9709940

>>9709901
Crest White Strips will visibly whiten your teeth to your teeth's natural whiteness. The express strips work wonders but can lead to tooth sensitivity.

Stay away from things that dye your teeth (coffee, tea, red wine) and you'll prolong the effect.

>> No.9709944

>>9709938
You can put just about everything in your checked luggage. If you aren't checking luggage, all of your liquids and gels need to be in containers under 3.4 oz. You can basically bring as many of those as you want, provided they're under 3.4 oz. You can purchase trazel sized versions of your products, or just pick up empty travel containers from most drug stores. Look at the TSAs website for specific details.

>> No.9709945

>>9709938
There's no limit on liquid in checked luggage afaik. I would recommend putting them in a plastic bag though, interstate isn't as high altitude as international but I have had problems with the change in pressure causing leakage from supposedly screwed tight bottles.

>>9709729
I mitigate it by increasing the frequency of my actives, but I can't stop it completely

>> No.9710363

Should I get laser hair removal? I'm pretty hairy so I feel really unfeminine. What are your experiences with laser hair removal?

>> No.9710364

>>9710363
How about you do some research before cosulting strangers on a purple forum?

>> No.9710366

>>9710364
Been doing that all night :)
Bad reviews and people calling it painful have got me scared but at the same time those seem to be rare outliers.

>> No.9710375
File: 11 KB, 410x397, 1437122809342.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710366
Remember anon; Nobody bothers going on the internet to make blog posts about GOOD a product is. Even a majority of bad reviews are likely the minority of actual useage.

I just did a 30% lactic acid peel yesterday and my face is SO TIGHT. Can't wait for this to be over.

>> No.9710377

I have really dry skin, but the areas around my nose and chin are really oily. Most products are for general combination skin but I have sensitive skin too.
Does anyone have a moisturiser recommendation? I don’t mind using multiple products but I look really cakey even after a thick layer of primer because of my dry skin, even after a gentle exfoliation.

>> No.9710378

>>9710375
I laughed at your pain anon, godspeed.

>> No.9710421

>>9710377
CeraVe moisturizing lotion in the blue pump bottle is a godsend. Moisturizing enough but not overly heavy like the CeraVe cream most people recommend. And it's amazing for really seriously sensitive skin.

>> No.9710656

Does coconut oil really help with keratosis pilaris?

>> No.9711009
File: 17 KB, 300x400, beauty-products-skin-2010-burts-bees-aloe-linden-after-sun-soother-en[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9695398
I will personally never forgive Burts Bees (aka Clorox) for what they did to the formula for pic related. It was my daily moisturizer for years before they trashed it with a bunch of filler garbage and removed a lot of the higher quality ingredients. I'll probably never buy from them again for this reason, I am so god damn salty about it. /end reeeeeeeeeeeee

(Seriously it was such good lotion)

>> No.9711024

>>9709938
Depends how long I'm going for, but I generally decant into smaller containers just for convenience (and more room for clothes/new purchases!). Definitely get familiar with the liquid/gel rules that are posted on the airline/airport sites and know if you get a free checked bag or not. If you are going to check a bag then you can throw anything in there no problem. If you only have a carry-on then you will have to make sure that all liquids or gels are in a container that is not over 100mL and every liquid/gel item needs to fit inside a 1L ziploc/zipper seal bag. I think these are pretty universal but I'm not from the states so best to double check with your airline.

>> No.9711128

Does anyone know of any 10-step kit samplers?
I would love to get them all, but the costs can rack up very quickly.

Also, do any of you have tips for not getting water everywhere when washing?

>> No.9711216

>>9711128
A good way to try out a bunch of products is getting random sample packs. Bit of hell introducing one at a time when everything is different, but one sample normally lasts a few uses, not just one.

>> No.9711268

Does anyone have any tips on how to manage hormonal acne? I didn't have much acne at all until I started a weekly medical treatment a few months ago that fucks with my hormones and causes me to get small comedones and whiteheads all over my chin and around my mouth (but no where else for some reason). It's not bad enough to be able to get a prescription for Accutane but it certainly doesn't help my self esteem and nothing I use seems to work. Am I just fucked until my body balances out again or is there something I can do?

>> No.9711618

Moisturizer isn't supposed to feel like it's burning your face... right? I didn't find a moisturizer I liked at the store, so I started using my boyfriend's Cetaphil moisturizer after I wash, and my face burns for like a minute until it dries. He said its probably fine but I feel like I should maybe use something else? Anyone have this experience, or maybe gentle moisturizer recs?

>> No.9711746

>>9711618
If it burns, you have sores/wounds in your face.
Or its suppose to burn, for reasons, including masculinity and removing dead skin.

>> No.9711750

Anyone have any tips for facial eczema? I get a small patch right on my cupid's bow when it gets really dry in the winter. I used to use something prescribed by my dermatologist but it wasn't covered by insurance so I stopped doing that.

I've had good results using exederm on my legs so I tried using it on my face but it doesn't really make a difference. If anyone has any other OTC ideas for what might work, that'd be appreciated.

>> No.9711929

>>9711268
I also deal with hormonal/cystic acne. The best things I've figured out so far.
Minocycline, it definitely clears you up after about a week but I don't use it because it gave me an infection.
Cutting out dairy. I noticed after drinking milk I'd get acne bumps all over my face the next day.
Glycolic Acid, it stings a little but it helps with quickly renewing skin and fading acne scars.
Mario's Buffering Lotion. Excellent spot treatment made for cystic acne bumps. I use it after washing my face, pat it in, then use moisturizer so it doesn't dry out the skin as much.
Also changing pillow cases.
I hope some of these tips help!

>> No.9712108

>>9710656
Do not use coconut if you have skin issues. That shit is comodegenic as hell and a lot of people break out from it

>> No.9712118

>>9711929
You're a godsend, anon. I'll definitely try some of this!

>> No.9712147

>>9711750
Cortibalm - it has hydrocortisone in it and is considered safe for use on the lips, so might work well for you

>> No.9712267

>>9709940
Thanks dawg

>> No.9712271
File: 56 KB, 640x480, 89CFD3B5-36C0-4D64-9138-A9F0BB02F514.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>you’re supposed to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours
...so wtf do you do if you’re wearing makeup??

>> No.9712277

>>9708916
Kikumasamune Sake Skin Lotion. Pink bottle if you have dry skin. white bottle if you have normal/oily skin

>>9710656
I have this. The only thing that kinda helps is exfoliation, chemical or physical. Cerave Rough & Bumpy seems to give me an immediate smoothness.

>> No.9712291

>>9712271
You really aren't suppose to do that
Unless you only apply in one layer, AND you are hiking or something.
Then it sounds about right.

>> No.9712350

>>9712271

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExSdt00w4k

Everyone should watch this because it changed my life.

Ideally if you're working in an office you should reapply before going back outside, so it doesn't necessarily need to be every 2-3 hours.

>> No.9712873

>>9683351
high test

>> No.9712880

>>9712873
Are you saying high test is how girls have clear skin or the reason for acne?

>> No.9713661

Is there no faq? Or pastebin for this?
I want to start taking care of my skins. I'm 28 male and have never touch skin care products.
Is there any youtube channel with step by step instruction on how to use each product and which product to use first and what product is the best?

>> No.9713682

>>9713661
r/asianbeauty and r/skincareaddiction both have beginner’s guides that are pretty good!

>> No.9713699

>>9712880
No, they're calling you fat

>> No.9713758

>>9712147
Thanks, will give this a try :)

>> No.9714201
File: 1.61 MB, 657x1920, 1428245147244.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9683351
Hmm, I know you haven't listed your skincare routine as such, but do you ever moisturize?
If your skincare routine is only wash and "acne clearing products" you might be overdrying and your skin responds by producing extra oil to protect itself, and depending on how much microdamage you do and dry out the surface, the pores can't empty themselves.
Dunno, just a thought

>> No.9714635

>>9695398
Dang I almost bought this but I opted for the Brightening Daily Facial Cleanser with daisy extract instead (which I'm really loving btw). I'll try this one next!

>> No.9714664

>>9710656
Combined with exfoliating it did wonders for the kp on my arms and legs. >>9712108 is right though, coconut oil is comedogenic as fuck so if I even hold the jar too close to my face I break out. But for my arms and legs it's perfect.

>> No.9714742

>>9687796
Fuck off with your forced memes /fit/

>> No.9714838

>>9712291
No. Just... no.

Like >>9712350 referenced the efficacy of sunscreen is only around 2 hours, so if it's been more than two hours you need to reapply before you go in the sun if you want the SPF to do its job. Otherwise, you've got nothing.

t. former lifeguard

>> No.9714846

>>9714838
As a lifeguard you're out in the sun the whole time and presumably sweating. Isn't it different for someone who sits inside most of the day?

>> No.9714850

>>9678507
does anyone have a good recommendation for a spot treatment?
i dont have bad acne, but i'll just get two or three bad pimples regularly

>> No.9714861

>>9714838
>T. Former Permanently sweating water jumping shark
K
Whatever u say sharko
I will stay away from the water.

>> No.9714870

>>9714850
Diabetic lancets and hydrocolloid patches

>> No.9717065

>>9683378
^ this sugar always makes me breakout (warning bro science) avoiding anything that could cause inflammation helps

>> No.9718452

>>9689885
Please don't do that ...( or if you do be very careful)
I used to use Nair and veet for years ...
One day, lets just say I ended up with a chemical burn down there paired with an allergic reaction . I could not lay on my stomach for months and the area became so sensitive that now that I can't really shave. ( I can trim and use a razor for shaping but, for now that is all)....

>> No.9718454

>>9689885
>Open skin from fresh shave
>Chemicals designed to dissolve keratin
>Being this dumb

>> No.9718594

I’ve never used skin care products before and don’t do anything aside from washing my face with some warm water and a bit of soap when I shower. I’m looking for product suggestions though but not sure where to start. I do use a charcoal mask (it rubs off, not peels off) once a week but that’s it.

My skin doesn’t seem dry or oily. My main issue is that the pores on my cheeks are pretty visible up close and my cheeks often get pimple like bumps that go away with time, but don’t ever “pop”. My nose also has a lot of blackheads (I guess?) especially on my nostrils where they meet the bridge of my nose. I can cover all these issues with makeup (I hardly wear makeup though), but I would prefer to do something about them so I don’t have to use a lot of makeup on that area since I’m sure it doesn’t help.

Suggestions?

>> No.9718609

>>9718594
I'd recommend starting some kind of chemical exfoliater. If you're having issues with blackheads, usually a BHA is a good start for that.

As for the pores, I don't think there's actually a way to reduce them, but a BHA can clean them out to make them less noticeable.

If you do get a chemical exfoliater, I'd also recommend moisturizing and hydrating your skin so your moister barrier doesn't get compromised. Over-exfoliation can make things worse and damage your skin in the long run if you're not properly taking care of it.

Also, the blackheads on your nose are typically called "sebaceous filaments". These are pretty much just pores filled with sebum, and they're naturally occurring. The BHA can help reduce the appearance of them and clean them out, but I don't think there's a way to completely rid of them. Some of the BHA's I've used are Stridex in the red box, Cosrx blackhead power liquid, and The Ordinary's salicylic acid 2%.

I hope some of this was helpful, and sorry it was so long. We should really have a pastebin or something for some of this info if we're going to call this a general.

>> No.9718720

>>9703409
What types of things do you search for?

>> No.9718802

>>9714846
Most sunscreen (especially the kind that you'd use with make-up) works as a chemical reaction when exposed to UV rays. That reaction is what protects you from the harmful radiation. When the chemicals have reacted, you are no longer getting protected. That is why you have to reapply, because the sunscreen has done its job and can no longer protect you.

Reapply your sunscreen if you want to stay kawaii. Even if you are indoors. Even if you aren't sweating.

>> No.9721064

>>9718802
aren't asian sunscreens physical though?

>> No.9721103

>>9721064
No.

>> No.9721110

>>9718720
Mostly I googled a bunch of Asian sunscreen reviews and just bought whatever sounded best. Currently I alternate between Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence (light blue tube) and Shiseido Senka Mineral Water UV Essence (orange tube). The first is super light but also sweats off more easily, the latter feels slightly heavier on my skin (still not nearly as heavy or greasy as Western sunscreens though) but is waterproof and does not budge all day.

>>9718802
This is true, but it still means that sunscreen "wears off' way faster when you're running around outside in the full sun vs. when you're sitting inside at a desk 6m away from the nearest window. Reapplying every 2 hours is recommended for outside activity but I think if you're inside away from windows you don't have to reapply that often. I spend the majority of my workday in a room with no windows so personally I only reapply once a day, around half an hour before I leave the building to go home.

>> No.9721175

>>9709912
Not to be a natural dirty hippie or anything but activated charcoal has worked wonders for my teeth. I just use my regular toothpaste and then dip the brush in the powder before brushing and it has made my teeth so much whiter and cleaner-feeling.

>> No.9721176

>>9721175
Misfire, meant to respond to >>9709901

>> No.9721526

>>9710363
I have very pale skin with dark hair and I've had laser hair removal on my bikini line, calves, and underarms and it's wonderful. It's not a pleasant experience per say, but it's not that bad. Iirc I went for two rounds of 6 treatment and I never dreaded going.

>> No.9721567

>>9721110
You are correct, anon, I was just trying to reiterate why it is important to reapply even if you don't perceive the sunscreen wearing off.

>> No.9721572

>>9692462
Ya I have an IUD also and my face cleared (light acne) up after I got it, also leveled me out hormonally
Love it can have crazy sex and don't get preggo, going to keep going with it till I hit about 28 and get my tubes tied
fuck kids

>> No.9721592

>>9695398
I love the toner!
>>9678507
Okie (My Routine)
Morning:
>Wash face with Liquid Neutrogena (good day)/ Clinique liquid facial soap (bad day)
>Burts Bees toner
>Tea tree oil (if needed)
>olay 7 in 1 total effects moisturizer (spf 15)

Night:
>>Wash face with Liquid Neutrogena (good day)/ Clinique liquid facial soap (bad day)
>Burts Bees toner
>Clinique Clarifying lotion clarifiante
>Serum
>Green Cream(HIgh Potency Retinol) level 6
>Overnight cream

I do a facial mask twice a week either Clinique charcoal mask or the mask of magnanimity by lush
My pores are small and I have no breakouts
oh and don't forget to wash your makeup off well (Neutrogena makeup remover pads)

>> No.9721672

>>9721103
huh. i bought three at random and all have titanium dioxide as main ingredient. i guess it was a coincindence then?

>> No.9724998

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but
>have low eyebrows
>tend to raise them all throughout the day (only notice once i stop doing it)
>already have minor forehead wrinkles at 20 because of this
I've been moisturizing a lot ever since I noticed it (nivea creme) but I don't know if it's enough to do anything. At this point I'm considering getting a brow lift

>> No.9725000

>>9724998
Retinol

>> No.9725026

Can anyone recommend a good thick day-time cream? Preferably Korean.

I don't like watery emulsions/lotions, but sleeping packs are obviously too sticky for constant wear.

>> No.9725648
File: 1.55 MB, 320x218, 1473741581145.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I did a 35% lactic acid peel on my shoulders/back to fade shitty old bacne scarring and immediately afterwards put a bandaid over an unrelated cut on my shoulder.

Took it off this morning and I now have a bandaid-shaped chunk of open flesh on my shoulder jesus fucking christ what have I DONE?

>> No.9725682

>>9725026
belif's moisturizing bomb

>> No.9725685

>>9725026
Read up thread

>> No.9725732

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do with my skin as a swimmer? I swim 4-5x a week outside in the sun (usually in the morning, 8-9 am ish) in a chlorinated pool. I've noticed as of late my upper lip is irritated and red as hell. I try to rinse myself before I go in and when I get back home i take a lukewarm/cold shower to rinse off. My skin is still really dry even though I use a mild soap.

For reference I live in Australia and I use 50 SPF sunscreen even if I'm only outside for 45 minutes.

>> No.9725735

>>9725732
What type of mild soap? PH balanced or just like, bar soap of indeterminate quality?

>> No.9725738

>>9725735
ah my roommate called it that, it's a white oatmeal soap bar

>> No.9725959

has anyone heard of the brand Simple? are they good? I just found it at my local drugstore and I'm thinking of trying it out.

>> No.9725970

>>9725959
Really good for sensitive skin. Their Micellar Water is fantastic as a toner.

>> No.9725971

>>9725732
Chlorine strips vitamin E from your skin. Try and find a moisturiser with vitamin E or pure vitamin E cream. Burt's Bees lip balms are the only things that have ever sorted out my dry lips.

>> No.9726458

>>9725648
I-I wanna see

>> No.9727411

>>9725970
I'm not sure any micellar water should be used as a toner (as in, not washed off shortly afterwards). The surfactants in them are gentle but they're still going to dry out skin somewhat if not washed off.

>> No.9727612

Is it normal that after using a facial scrub there will be some residue left on my face that didn't come off with water? Not visibly but more like I used a cream or something

>> No.9727615

I use Ocean Salt from Lush btw
>>9727612

>> No.9727940

>>9727411
Whoops, I meant cleanser. Sorry!

>> No.9727948

>>9727612
I’m too lazy to look it up but is the scrub oil-based? I’ve noticed with this olive oil-based shower scrub I have that it leaves my skin with a water-repelling thin oily layer that can only be washed off with soap. For my legs I don’t mind and it’s probably a decent moisturiser but idk if I’d want that on my face.

>> No.9728366

>>9725732
Moisturize before and after you get in the pool and consider using vaseline on your lips if it's really irritating them that much. Oatmeal soap may still be too much afterwards because of the soap part being designed to get dirt off your skin - Aveeno makes some reasonable soap substitutes that feel more like moisturizer, or if it's really bad you can even use sorbolene/fatty cream for soap (all my cousins had childhood eczema so when we went to visit they never had actual soap in the bathroom)

>> No.9728683

>>9727948
These are the ingredients:
Fine Sea Salt Fresh Grapefruit Infusion Hand Harvested Sea Salt Stearic Acid Fresh Organic Lime Extracted in Vodka Sodium Cocoamphoacetate Triethanolamine Avocado Butter Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Lime Oil Seaweed Absolute Violet Leaf Absolute Glycerine Lanolin Cetearyl Alcohol *Citral *Limonene *Linalool Perfume Colour 42090 Methylparaben Propylparaben

I guess it's the coconut oil..

>> No.9728934

>>9728683
Could be. Coconut oil is super comedogenic for many people so that’s something to keep an eye on. The mentions of lime are also >triggering me because of the potential phytophotodermatitis risk but surely LUSH wouldn’t be so stupid as to put significant enough amounts of lime juice into a product to cause such a reaction. Still, if I were you I’d follow this scrub with a nice gentle cleanser to get rid of the residue anyway.

>> No.9729348

>>9728934
>surely lush wouldn't do that
Hahahahaha, you'd be wrong.

>> No.9729651

>>9729348
>>9728934
From the smell I'd say there is more vodka than lime in it. Anyway it has been really good to my face so I'll keep using it, just thought it was weird that not all of it was coming off with just water.

>> No.9730730

Any suggestions on what I could do to lesson the red pigmentation spots after a bad breakout I had two years ago? My skin looks much better now and it's been about 8 months since I had a really nasty cyst or anything really bad. My dermatologist said I could just put makeup over it but I hate wearing makeup.

I have a pretty simple skin care routine, cleanse and moisturize twice a day and I put retinol cream on my face every other day still. I know I got pretty lucky with only having minor scaring after what I went through but I just want my face to not have red splotches.

>> No.9730735

This is gross, but has anyone struggled with recurring attacks of seborrheic dermatitis? Did anything eventually get rid of it for good?
My scalp and eyebrows are the worst, but I also have it mildly on the corners of my jawline.
It will go away when I use medication, and then it comes right back.

My skin or immune system must be terribly compromised since I get skin infections all the time, but this has to be the worst. I fucking hate eczema.

>> No.9730745

>>9728934
>>9729348
>Lush recommends Ocean Salt Scrub and Magnaminty for your face
They also claim that Occulent oils are moisturizing, so take everything with a grain of salt.

>> No.9730793

Any advice on how to help with bad skin after being ill? I've been ill for the past few days and although I feel better now by my skin is horrid. It's breaking out really bad, has a general redness and looks kinda haggard.

My skincare routine was working fine before but I feel like it needs a little extra help to get back on track. I normally have oily skin if that helps.

>> No.9730999

>>9730793
whats your routine now

>> No.9731000

>>9730730
Holy Snails Shark Sauce was a miracle worker for my acne spots. At first I thought it wasn't working, but I decided to use it until I ran out and what a difference it made

>> No.9731002

>>9724998
Frownies - you'll feel ridiculous wearing them but they make a significant difference in the line you already have and preventing new ones.

>> No.9732227

Recs for over the counter retinol, or retinol products I can buy online?

>> No.9732628

>>9730745
I love their Magnaminty mask lol

>> No.9732687
File: 193 KB, 804x637, herps.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you contract herpes simplex virus 1 in your 20s
>only ever had one sexual partner, now I have to worry about giving it to him after nine years of worry free relations
Never share chap stick, gulls, not even with your best friend since childhood. Maybe this should go in the feels thread, but if anyone wants to give me some good recommendations for lip balms or something...
I'm so fucked up over this.

>> No.9732782

>>9732687
You might want to go to a doctor if you can, maybe they can give you a prescription to help with your lips.

Otherwise for your lips, I recommend:
>Vaseline with cocoa butter
>glamglow pout mud wet lip treatment
>C.O. Bigalow Mentha lip balm
>not eos (eos sucks and made my lips angry)

I have chronically dry lips so I understand dealing with painful lips. Hope these help you!

>> No.9733888

>>9730735
I get it behind my ears and it seems to calm down with antifungal cream. I also get it around my nose after a few days of eating a lot more sugary foods and/or dairy than usual (my usual meals are mostly just meat and veggies).