[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 818 KB, 600x450, lovelivesunrise.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9657027 No.9657027 [Reply] [Original]

Old thread >>9630324

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-CYbtXF9NUJ3EuJuxkcujp_qwMmNfKaOrlO3VjaSHA/edit

Previously:
-Stellure delaying Mimi's solo, announcing next group song
-MLP dance group announced their upcoming debut
-This thingy https://youtu.be/Q6RxD9qRLKE

Upcoming:
-LoveLiveSunrise (pic related) will be releasing a cover in a few days
-Honey Hime will be releasing a new song eventually
-Wish's Promise will probably be out soon

>> No.9657030
File: 25 KB, 599x284, instagramstuff.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Starting off the thread with some recent stuff to discuss. Sugar Stars' weekly cover - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qYfjfk2eu4

Also a pic from Mimi's spam insta account. Seems like being the one to do everything for Stellure is starting to get to her. Like I said last thread she really needs an assistant or to space out releases because one person can't handle costumes, choreo, and managing a group. And they're about to go up to 9 people so that's only going to be more work.

>> No.9657042

>>9657030
I don't feel sorry for her one bit. If they weren't clouded by the illusions of shitty idol animes, they would understand what kind of real hard work and dedication it takes to create and maintain being an idol group. I hope other wannabe instagram idol groups look at their mistakes and downfall to learn that taking on the roll of idol/idol group doesn't mean they can sit on their asses and expect everything to happen for them.

>> No.9657115

haha just getting into this, i think a lot of these girls are cute (but young) lol,,,, but are any of the groups actually good though (singing?wise?) kinda everything (american) i've seen is pretty cringey......

>> No.9657124
File: 231 KB, 1080x1080, one step ahead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9657030
Uuuuugh I take back what I said about them having finally learned their lesson about timeliness and giving themselves enough time to create quality content.

So One Step Ahead is going to be recorded this weekend since Mimi's going to have to finish all the costumes by tonight (including Luna's which is especially complex compared to the rest of the group's)? And Mimi's witchy costume for her solo song makes me think she's going to want to release it some time around Halloween.

Why on earth did they think recruiting more people into the group was a good idea? Even if they really are that eager to emulate Love Live, don't they realize how much of a strain 4 more people will put on the group? I've said this before but I hope the new members be assisting with the costumes or choreography or something.

I really want to like Stellure. I thought Bright Future was bad but still endearing, and I thought they were slowly but surely improving since then. This is just frustrating.

>> No.9657126

>>9657030
Hope she isn't at risk of a burnout.
Maybe she should re-use the costumes from other songs or let someone else take partially take over the job?

>> No.9657168

>>9657030
Well, she's stressed because she want to be the fucking center of all this shitty idol group. She doesn't have to sew a new costume every song, she can let the other members choreograph the song (or partially at least) and make other personal projects ongoing. Her ego is too big.

>> No.9657170

>>9657115
Some of the groups who only focus on dance covers are good, most are mediocre and I've yet to find one group who's singing I actually enjoy. I admire them for putting together their own music, lyrics and choreography, but most of them should really just focus on where their talent actually lies rather than where they want it to.

>> No.9657212

>>9657115
Personally, I think the ones who may actually have some kind of decent talent don’t bother with this stuff. If they do want to be an idol or something, they keep it a quiet secret and never mention it.

>> No.9657241

>>9657124
Right!! I want to like them too. Like I said last thread, they've persevered through a crazy amount of internet hate and have continued to improve with each release. They're already on a good track to be an impressive group, but not if they crash and burn from trying to do too much. Space out releases and divide up responsibilities, it's not going to lose them any fans to go slower but it will lose them fans if they self-destruct due to pressure.

>> No.9657270

>>9657030

Ok after seeing this one, Ruth is just bad. Her movements are lifeless, cardboard has more emotion than her face does. She needs to step it up.

>> No.9657326

19 more days until Halloween! Anyone practicing or performing any spooky songs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFi7WR2dkTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au8wJwxA9I8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvEruM6mvOw

>>9657115
There doesn't seem to be as many good vocal groups as there are dance groups. Some of the best vocalist idols/groups I can think of off the top of my head are:
Galaxy Girl Paida
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxfKmr6vyuw

Honey Hime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2W_pevRps

4TE (which may or may not have disbanded?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omByNlt_lJo

There must be more that I'm forgetting...

>> No.9657330

>>9657270
I didn't think she was as bad as you described since I watched the video this past saturday but I just rewatched the video and turned the sound off. It's honestly a really good test to truly see how energetic or not somebody's dancing is. She looks like she just couldn't give two shits about what she's dancing. If Ranko really is your "best girl" like you say in your description, I would have never guessed it because your dancing is just devoid of any emotion whatsoever.

>> No.9657354

>>9657030
Someone said it already, but her movements really are lifeless. That's the only thing I could think of when seeing this. That and that she's moving the wrong leg at 0:58 and at 1:17 she has wrong arm on top when crossing them. Pretty much all of the moves are off anyway.

You said weekly cover, is she learning these dances in a week too?

>> No.9657365

>>9657354
Probably. Sugar Stars is aiming to release a dance cover each Saturday so they don't have a lot of time to refine any of their dances.

>> No.9657430

>>9657365
Why did they ever think it was a good idea? Seriously.

>> No.9657457

>>9657430
One of the unfortunate groups that thinks quantity > quality I guess.

>> No.9657661

>>9657241
I really don't understand why they can't just slow down. Their fans will still be there, eagerly waiting for their next release. But right now Stellure is potentially earning themselves more ridicule with these sloppy, rushed projects.

Mimi's stressed and exhausted, and it will probably show through her performance. The fact that she created and taught the choreography in less than a week does not bode well either.

>> No.9657668

>>9657030
Oh my Mimi! She really needs to slow down, that much of work and stress is really gonna give her a burnout :( I want to see Stellure improve too but too much work is too much. I wish they'd take it easy and divide the workload more. If there's gonna be 9 of them I hope some of the new members can take some of the work Mimi's doing...

>> No.9657669

>>9657354

From the other Idolm@ster one I pegged them to have done that. I think the older looking girl already knew it and dragged ruth in and so she's shoddy, so it's hard to tell if its the rush that's killing it or the fact she's just crap.
The best way to see for sure is to wait until the other girl releases another and see if the quality is the same as that duo - that being said it'll be hard to gauge because she's now had more time to practice than Ruth has
Where the hell is girl no.3 in all of this?

>> No.9657672

And why the hell are people feeling sorry for Mimi when she's an egomaniac and the cousin fuckers situation? They're crap, they will always be crap. Stop hoping that they will somehow improve to the standard we want because they never will.

>> No.9657680

Minty pop haven’t posted in almost 2 weeks

>> No.9657688

>>9657212
Yeah zthe ones who are good at singing are in music conservatories or covering songs from the top40 charts

>> No.9657690

>>9657030
>and everyone replying to it
You obviously don’t get that Mimi has fucking huge sense of pride. Not only this but it looks like she doesn’t know how to say “no” because she has many backed up projects. I honestly don’t see her giving anyone else any responsibilities because to her, having the most probably means you’re the best one and the one who’s actually worth something. I wouldn’t be surprised if others offered to help and her answer was “no it’s fine”.

>>9657672
I only agree with you to an extent. I don’t feel sorry for her either. She just isn't the kind of person I like. But you can’t say they never will get to where we want. They can (like it’s not something at all impossible) but they have to take initiative for it. Already, Shining Stars is their best song out of the 3 and really their weak link is Mimi. She should just step out and let the others handle the group and she just do costumes.

>>9657669
Not the same anon but I’d agree but she sucked hard in the first cover they did anyway. She’s just a bad dancer. The other girl, in their first video, was in the middle talent wise. And the way I see it, they’re either waiting to learn the dance in a week or they have the planned which means Ruth would’ve had time to practice her solo too. She’s just not a good dancer man.

>>9657672
I hope the group has died.

>> No.9657692

>>9657690
Oh damn. Meant to put >>9657680 not 9657672 again.

>> No.9657714

I honestly think Stellure has improved since they started but they need more time in between releases so their costumes and songs and other things can be at a good quality and also gives plenty of time for members to prepare without having too much stress on them!

>> No.9657717

It looks like Minty Pop and Crystal Rose are performing at Anime Attacks

>> No.9657720

>>9657714
Or we can all just stop lieing to ourselves and tell Mimi to stop procrastinating inbetween stuff. If you guys ever watch her story and both accounts, she does more complaining than doing. Its possible to get it all done inbetween songs if thet start the process right after the release or even before. They just need to learn time managment and not be complaining about doing it a week before everything is due.

>> No.9657724

>>9657720
Let’s not forget that the best release was the one where she only had to make costumes. I’m just saying... someone needs to focus on one thing at a time.

>> No.9657727

>>9657717
Was thinking about going to this but made other plans, kind of disappointed I'll miss this cringefest ha

>> No.9657810

>>9657727
Oh damn, we could have had a mini meet and cringed at them together.

>> No.9657877

https://youtu.be/D3rnMMuSGOE

Kelsey just released a new music video. It’s a good thing she’s pretty because while the lyrics, music, set, and costumes are on point, her acting and expressions are just as shit as her vocals. I honestly think she was a bad choice for the producer to pick. Her lyrics are great but her voice doesn’t fit this at all...

>> No.9657885

>>9657877

When her glasses fall off at 1:02.
Why use that shot?

>> No.9657893

>>9657877
this looks so weird in 60 fps

>> No.9657970

I'd have better things to do than attend a con just to cringe at people

>> No.9657982

>>9657970
Then go do them?

>> No.9657987

>>9657970
Wrong thread?

>> No.9658069

>>9657982
>>9657987

They're replying to >>9657810

>> No.9658163

>>9658069
Oh I’m aware who they meant.

>> No.9658308
File: 2.98 MB, 1440x2560, Screenshot_20171013-213616.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does this mean they're literally recording One Step Ahead tomorrow?? MIMI GET SOME DANN SLEEP this is way too rushed. There's no way she's not going to look like shit with how last-minute she did the choreo, teaching, and costumes. I agree with the earlier anons saying they don't feel bad for her - I don't either but I want to see a good performance from them this time. It's pissing me off that so much effort is going into the costumes and it's all being wasted on what's sure to be a really lackluster performance. Mimi's going to be a damn zombie tomorrow if they're recording the video.

>> No.9658377

>>9658308
wrinkly fabric, unconnected trim at the bottom... im uncomfortable

>> No.9658397

>>9658377
The sad bow and sadder pearls are my least favorite things, they look so droopy

>> No.9658405

>>9658308
god that looks like shit
those rhinestones on the bow are shitty plastic adhesive strips too, that I once bought on mistake.

>> No.9658476

>>9658308
You know, if Mimi would’ve just let Stella help out like she wanted, this shit wouldn’t be happening as often it seems like. At least then Mimi could focus on choreography and practicing instead of stressing that she has to make 5 costumes in addition to the many commissions she seems to have.

>> No.9658585

>>9658308
It looks sad and weirdly incoherent. I like the blue part and the black and white thing under the bow. Also I think skirt was supposed to be gold, but it looks like shitty mustard, maybe it's just lightning tho.

>> No.9658593

>>9658308
When Mimi will learn to choose a good fabric and how to iron

>> No.9658597

They're so fucked.

>> No.9658637

Uh, Stella left the group of her own accord because she tried to take on all the costume-making, then got overwhelmed. Let’s not pretend Stella is some kind of fucking saint. She came on this website and started talking shit about Mimi before they worked it out.
If anything, Stella is much more full of herself than Mimi. There’s a difference between being self-absorbed vs self-obsessed.

>> No.9658640
File: 739 KB, 750x1334, 1ABF2C3C-D94A-43AA-98EC-3D526BCB8190.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9658637
Stella didn’t even make their costumes, Mimi did you idiot. Stella did the design for Bright Future. It’s even in the video & all the progress photos were from Mimi unless she lied in that video and photos. Nobody said Stella is a saint - neither Stella nor Mimi are saints and they’re pretty even no matter which area you go on. But the fact stands that when Stella asked, Mimi shut her down. And from the looks of it, there wasn’t even anything to work out. Obviously there’s more than just Stellure issues going on between them but it doesn’t matter whoever did or didn’t come here first. The point is there was help that was denied because someone wants to do everything on their own.

>> No.9658641
File: 3.10 MB, 1431x2027, 0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9658637
>Uh, Stella left the group of her own accord because she tried to take on all the costume-making, then got overwhelmed.
As far as we know according to the screenshots she posted here, Stella left because she was embarrassed to be a part of Stellure. I don't recall ever seeing anything about her leaving because she was overwhelmed with making all of the costumes. She didn't even make ANY costumes for Stellure.

>Let’s not pretend Stella is some kind of fucking saint.
Calm down. No one ever claimed she was. >>9658476 was just saying that Mimi should have accepted Stella's offer to help with the costumes since she clearly having trouble trying to handle all this work on her own.

>started talking shit about Mimi before they worked it out.
>If anything, Stella is much more full of herself than Mimi.
Mimi is that you?

>> No.9658642

>>9658641
The sad thing about this dress is that it has potential to be really really pretty, but the fabric (since it’s so thin), front bow and ruffle, and overall sewing need work. If this were to be professionally made with a few changes, then I’d have confidence that it’d be really pretty. Mimi I know you and your fans read these threads. Please stop using such thin & unsupported looking fabric. And iron.

>> No.9658645

The reason(s) Mimi declined Stella’s help was Stella had already decided to leave the group. Mimi didn’t think it would be a good idea, because Stella was so EMBARRASSED about being part of Stellure, that she should work on the outfits. Plus, Stella was originally the one who agreed to make the costumes, because, in her words (paraphrasing), she is the superior seamstress to Mimi. Stella said that Mimi was better off doing the cover art and designs, and that she had more experience sewing than Mimi so it would be more beneficial for the group.
STELLA backed out of making the costumes because she took on too much. Mimi thought that after all the bullshit went down, that it would be better if Stella wasn’t a part of the group at all. That screenshot is a fragment of the conversation, meant to play in Stella’s favor.
POSTED BY STELLA.

>> No.9658648

>>9658645
Everyone knows Stella posted it. It’s not unknown information. Being an active part of the group is different than being someone who helps the group. Do you have proof of this going down because based on what’s on their public profile, this all happened prior to Bright Future. And honestly, it’s kind of ironic because now Mimi is the one who’s overwhelmed with not only stellure but everything else including commissions... Wait that’s always been the case for Mimi, all the way since Bright Future. This would also mean that Mimi already knew of the stuff Stella had posted, no? So - like it was said - there was not “to work out” because based on stella’s screenshot, decisions had already been made prior to the posting on 4chan.

>> No.9658651

Stella and Mimi had discourse for some time, but Stella left about a month before “Let’s Go Baby” was supposed to debut. She hasn’t left before Bright Future, she left after because of all the hate the video was getting and she was embarrassed to be a part of Stellure. I’m not saying it was right that Mimi didn’t accept her help, she has a lot of pride— but Stella had been posting anonymously about the group before confronting her fellow members about what was bothering her. Just shit talking behind their backs.
I think I can understand where Mimi was coming from though.

>> No.9658656

>>9658645
> in her words (paraphrasing), she is the superior seamstress to Mimi.
>Stella said that Mimi was better off doing the cover art and designs, and that she had more experience sewing than Mimi so it would be more beneficial for the group.
The screenshots Stella posted didn't reveal any of this information you're telling us right now. With so much inside info on the situation I'm convinced you're either Mimi or a friend defending her. Either way just quit while you're ahead. Defending yourself/your friend like this isn't likely to solve anything.

>> No.9658658

>>9658651
No one said Stella left before Bright Future. And honestly, it’s not a secret that someone (and maybe more than one) Stellure member has posted here about Stellure themselves. Not only that but of all the net idol groups I know, at least one member from each has posted here at least once. I too understand Mimi but if you know you’re killing yourself before you even really start, maybe you should accept the help you’re given. So, Mimi or Castillo or Astra or Luna or whatever insider fan you are, stop trying to defend your side because the fact of the matter is neither is innocent of anything. This group, sooner or later and one way or another, is going to go down in flames because of everyone’s pride. You can’t have toxic pride when you’re an idol.

>> No.9658660
File: 399 KB, 1242x1786, DAEB0656-7F71-471B-A486-216E2911B52A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ugh this just keeps getting uglier and uglier. I really feel sorry for Luna if I’m being honest. The other members have a cute maid outfit that really simple but she, in her center, has to look like primary color vomit. I hope you get a better center costume in the future Luna.

>> No.9658661

I never said any one member was innocent :) I don’t have receipts for what happened, but those are facts whether you choose to believe it or not.

>> No.9658663

Mostly I just hate Stella because so many people still think she’s justified in her actions. No one was right in that situation.

>> No.9658664

>>9658661
Receipts exist for proof of purchase in case a discrepancy is detected or a return is needed. No receipts = it may or may not have happened.

>> No.9658665

>>9658663
Really? So far many dislike Stella now. She made a choice based on her own advancement which makes sense. But what makes it wrong is trash talking and posting it here of all places.

>> No.9658666

I’d get them but unfortunately I’m not close to the Stellure situation anymore.

>> No.9658667

>>9658660
Mimi don't have eyes to see this costume desing is horrible or what

>> No.9658677

I actually like this dress, but I feel that the yellow fabric is too bright. A muted yellow like the color used in the concept art would have allowed the royal blue and red to stand out, but now it just reminds me of elementary art school and painting color wheels and stuff.

>> No.9658772

>>9658660
This looks Milanoo to me and I don't know why

>> No.9658816

More proof that Ruth just sucks:

https://youtu.be/jnl6-2mDIxM

>As soon as the dance for AIIYL went public, Hari and Ruth started to learn it right away!
>Dance video & turtorials were published 3 months ago

This isn’t the kind of dance where, even at normal speed, you can learn it in a week with breaks. Hari obviously has known it and been practicing where it looks like Ruth did it once and thought she was good or just never tried again. Even at 2x speed, if you know it you should be able to do some of the moves and Ruth just can’t.

On the topic of the third girl, Crystal, she’s been supposedly having a tough time filming all week. Maybe we’ll see something from her next week.

>> No.9658849

>>9657326
I'm actually surprised at Galaxy Girl Paida's vocals.

>> No.9658861

https://youtu.be/GhTjEKKtqls

Will Love Live Sunrise ever be able to release a dance cover without nauseating camera work?

>> No.9658873

>>9658861
the way almost none of them fit the character they're cosplaying is also nauseating

>> No.9658912

>>9658861
I laugh every time someone tells them they're "the best Love Live group." Also their lantern box props in the background look like trash. Their faces make them look so old...

>> No.9658922

>>9658637
Wait isn't it weird to call a group Stellure if the member named Stella left?

>> No.9658927

>>9658661
>>9658663
>>9658666
>>9658677
Anon you click on the number of the post you are trying to reply to.

>>9658922
They didn't name the group after her.

>> No.9658931

>>9658927
That is a weird naming coincidence.

>> No.9658955

>>9658927
Dress comment here, didn't see it as super necessary since I wasn't replying to any particular post but instead all the pictures and discussion about the only dress posted in the thread, lol

>> No.9659041

>>9657877
>Kelsey in the comments section making excuses for why the song doesn't sound good
Girl, your microphone not being professional studio quality has nothing to do with the fact that your vocals sound shrill and autotuned as hell. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Kelsey aiming to be like an actual pop star or something?

>>9658660
From just a glace without paying too much attention to the details I don't think it looks that awful (though I agree with >>9658677 that a muted yellow would have looked better) but this is not going to look good with Luna's wig at all.

>> No.9659125

>>9659041

I used to adore Kelsey before but that attitude overall she got started to really disapoint me...

>> No.9659158

>>9658660
I just realized, because Mimi makes all the costumes presumably on the same mannequin and therefore in the same dimensions, this is going to have the same problem as previous costumes where it's practically gonna be knee length on Luna because she's so short. Hopefully Mimi took this into account and scaled the length proportions down, but it doesn't really look like it. Luna's gonna look real frumpy while the rest of the girls have cute peppy idol skirts.

>> No.9659280
File: 45 KB, 714x641, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yikes.. novadrop disbanded

>> No.9659281
File: 58 KB, 765x725, 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659280

>> No.9659282
File: 20 KB, 730x355, 3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659281

>> No.9659358

>>9658308
Can't they just push it a week or two, if she's having so hard time with the outfits? Filming a dance video while being stressed and no sleep is not a good thing.

>> No.9659366

>>9657970
Me too, that's why I said I made other plans

>> No.9659372

>>9659281
>Unfortunately, we weren’t able to get any final words from the rest of the members.
>Posted by Cooliane
Sooo is the message your reaction or do you have shit else to say about the group? For me this is a weird statement considering they literally just added a trainee... Not saying there was drama and so they disbanded. Just saying the timing.

>>9659358
Honestly it feels like they’re limited to when they can meet up. Otherwise, they’d have more time to practice together.

>> No.9659374

馬跳びの会 Copy unit's new LL cover seemed like it gave them more of a tough time than usual. They were nicely in sync but it was a little boring with them mostly just standing in a line the whole time.

>> No.9659382

>>9659374
馬跳びの会 > umatobi no kai
And do you mean MIRAI TICKET? They seemed fine. The drama part was a bit long but I really enjoyed it and the dance was really nicely done.

>> No.9659384

>>9659382
I do think they still looked good! Just a little restricted by having to fit all 9 members into the shot, I think it would be better if the camera wasn't static the whole time. In relation to >>9658912 though they're hands down my favourite group bc they're always so on point with dancing and costumes and each member fits their character really well.

>> No.9659386

>>9659384
I prefer static camera, umatobi is a really good group to learn Aqours dances.

>> No.9659390

>>9659384
Ahh I see what you mean. Personally, for dance only videos (not dance PVs), I prefer static because you can learn the dance like #9659386 said. I do think the space is a bit small but I think it has to do with staying in the confines of that wall. I think there’s a staircase to the side. Maybe one day we’ll get an outside video or a different set.

>> No.9659391

>>9659390
Meant to tag >>9659386

>> No.9659403

>>9658849
She's honestly really, really good. I stumbled upon her a year or so ago and she puts her heart and soul into every video. It's so refreshing.

>> No.9659526

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUOlIdYkJdQ i recently discovered PopcornKuma's dance covers and i think she pulls off love live well

>> No.9659538

>>9659280
So the inevitable happen, Novadrop was hard to watch honestly and they were so awkward

>> No.9659542

>>9659526
Self-posting? Really?

>> No.9659550

>>9659526
i'm assuming popcornkuma is maki because those fatty nico and eli look fucking clueless

>> No.9659587

>>9659542
Definitely thinking the same as I can’t even find any solo covers or a channel worth watching. I did find her Facebook and from the looks, her cosplays seem really well done!

>> No.9659593

>>9659587
Like she's good, but primarily operates on instagram, seems odd to share one of the weaker group works on a non-related channel

>> No.9659597

>>9659550
Don't think the outfits are flattering but the Nico is smaller than the Maki

>> No.9659691

What is going on with Nico's skirt?

>> No.9659968

>>9659281
Why weren't they able to get final statements from other members? This just seems sort of sudden.

>> No.9660180

Kira Kira Project uploaded previews of their upcoming single Flower Water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8oh7GNRts4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oj9NW1t5bU
Their vocals range from bad to mediocre but whoever mixed the vocals seems to have made them all sound even worse

We all know Flusay Girls is awful but what's the consensus for other online net idol groups like Kira Kira Project and Platinum Happy?

>> No.9660191

>>9660180

Honestly I think a lot of the groups that try to do their own vocal stuff miss the mark. The best and worst part of the net-idol community is that anyone can participate, since there are almost no talent agencies and everything is self produced. But the "normal" singing voice isn't really good. It requires a lot of practice just to be able to project and if you can't project, your singing is going to suck. I'm not even there yet myself so I know how hard singing is, I'm shitty too. But the issue ISN'T that groups like KKP are made of normal people pursuing a hobby, it's that they've somehow never improved vocally in the time they've been active. Even a non-professional can practice, and most people if they're serious can drop some money into a few lessons. And yet with most of the vocal groups, it seems like none of them have.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but my point is that singing is hard as fuck and not everyone can do it well, particularly self-produced groups with no professional support. I still respect the work that goes into this, but I also think it's perfectly fine for groups to just stick to dance and personality stuff if they can't sing instead of forcing it, since the end result is better for us to watch and enjoy.

>> No.9660215
File: 3.41 MB, 1440x2560, Screenshot_20171015-235809.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659158
Called it, poor Luna and her gigantic skirts in every video

>> No.9660225

>>9660215
I'm so disappointed. Luna deserves better than this. Come the fuck on, Mimi.

>> No.9660244

>>9660215
I've also noticed Callista's skirt is consistently a little too short for her--probably because she's slightly taller than Mimi. Also, Luna's wig looks... really bad here. It looks like it's falling off and the color scheme really clashes with the primary colors of her outfit.

Tauri's pretty cute, though. I'm interested to see how she does, since we haven't seen much of her.

>> No.9660247

>>9660215
i really really wish luna would wear a different wig, it clashes with all theyre outfits.

>> No.9660251

>>9660191
>it's that they've somehow never improved vocally in the time they've been active
This is also something thats baffled me. Ive done 3 versions of the same song over a 3-4 year period and each version shows some kind of improvement but when it comes to these groups, its almost like they dont use their voice unless theyre singing and it feels like they never listen back to it either. Its probably one of the major detriments of net idol groups.

>>9660215
Mimi really needs to make to their specifics instead of using the same measurements for everyone.

>> No.9660255

>>9660180
Where do I start? The mix sounds like shit, its extremely jumbled, everyone is off key, nobody sounds synchronized. Wow.

>> No.9660289

>>9660215
I think Mimi really needs to work on getting Luna's measurements right, this happens every time a new song comes out. It's a real let down for Luna too because everyone else's appearances seem to be improving besides her. I agree with everyone else though, she needs a new wig, its actually unpleasing to look at and lets the rest of the group down. I also hope that their new members help with the costume designs and sewing and with their dances and songs!
Overall I think Stellure is improving a lot and I hope their new song is better than their last ones.

>> No.9660345
File: 148 KB, 554x753, melon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9660191
>they've somehow never improved vocally in the time they've been active.
I follow pretty much every new net idol group I find even if they're bad or mediocre, but groups that stagnate at mediocrity and don't seem to work hard towards improving are disappointing and I lose interest in them.
One of my favorite aspects of idols is seeing them grow and improve, transforming from ordinary to great, and then potentially from great to spectacular!

>I think it's perfectly fine for groups to just stick to dance and personality stuff if they can't sing instead of forcing it, since the end result is better for us to watch and enjoy.
Agreed! You don't have to be an amazing singer to be an amazing performer.

One of my favorite idols, Yamaguchi Melon, is pretty bad at singing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diwQXAyIXhw
but she's a great dancer and she plays the piano beautifully!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzc85ZkMDtU (She's the one in green)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOc2cCpp3s

>>9660215
Luna's dress is pretty garish, especially considering the cooler style they're trying to go for... and why does Astra have yellow and orange bows? Tauri's new wig is cute though.
Even if the costumes and the choreography were rushed, I at least hope the song will sound nice.

>> No.9660419

>>9660244
>>9660247
Don't all of their wigs clash with everything?

>> No.9660442

>>9659280
>>9659538
It's for the best.
Juliane was honestly the only one who seemed like she was seriously into it anyway. I have no doubt she's gonna keep working at being an idol, though I hope she goes solo. She was the most talented of them and not that awkward either. I'd hate to see someone with that much passion and potential dragged down by another amateurish group.

>> No.9660454

>>9660345
>why does Astra have yellow and orange bows
Because they never bothered to change her member color when she changed her wig. Everyone color (aside from Stella who had a yellow color) more or less coinsided with their wigs. A month after her introduction, Astra changed her wig to the purple one.

>>9660419
In my opinion, no. To me, all of them have normal anime hair wigs except Luna. Even if Lunas was a normal green color its be fine but its brown with choppy green all through it so compared to everyone else, it clashes hard.

>> No.9660485
File: 421 KB, 1242x1702, 7963FD96-2368-45DD-95DA-A4B2103769AD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9660454
Oh man just now realizing I forgot the Astra photo.

>> No.9660499

>>9660442
Maybe that's the real reason they disbanded. Often times I've noticed groups have mostly members who are kind of meh about it, and one or two members who are serious about improving and doing more. I have a feeling that Juliane was this person for Novadrop and the rest of them weren't as serious. I know Juliane has posted on 4chan before, looking for constructive criticism, and follows the net-idol community pretty closely, so I believe she's got the drive to continually improve herself and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does solo. The rest of them I didn't much care for because they were kind of embarassing.

>> No.9660510

>>9660499
I actually thought Imani had a nice voice and was improving. As for everyone I agree with you. It's a shame and kinda weird that the other members aren't making a statement about it. I guess they slowly just stopped caring about it. I mostly feel bad for the new member though.

>> No.9660561

>>9660510
I don't keep up with them but I do know of Juliane. Perhaps she can form a duo with the new member, based on the assumption that since the new member joined Nova Drop recently, they're probably still motivated. Personally I would love to see a duo as it's much harder to hide any mistakes when there are only two people to focus on and if they can pull it off, it's worth watching more than a full group where half of the people don't know what they're doing.

>> No.9660580

>>9659538
Yan was the hardest to watch imo

>> No.9660677
File: 174 KB, 640x692, IMG_1912.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How did they think this picture looked alright??

>> No.9660702

>>9660677
The only (but not the best) good looking is Tauri. The rest is just hardest to watch

>> No.9660716

>>9660677
They really need to try a lower angle to try to balance out the extra length in Luna's skirt

>> No.9660718

>>9660677
Mimis face is so unfortunate. Its not even that she looks old. Shes just straight up ugly as hell. Im hoping this isnt an official photo and just a do a pose photo. I agree with what >>9660702 says. The sad thing is that the easiest way to improve on this photo is for everyone to sit/stand up straight.

>> No.9660721

>>9660677
poor Luna looks like a baby in her first Halloween costume

>> No.9660740

>>9660677
tauri always makes the others look bad in group photos

>> No.9660766

>>9660677
Oh no, why would you do that to Luna? That pose makes her look like a dwarf. Give her something better!

>bad skirt
>squished pose

Save Luna from this bullying.

>> No.9660791

>>9660677
Ngl, Callisto kind of reminds me of a Sanderson Sister in this pic

>> No.9660804

>>9660442
>>9660499
>>9660510
>>9660561
Hey, it's me Juliane. I really do appreciate all of your thoughts on the matter. I would like to address those who have concerns about what happened and just clear the air. Please keep in mind that there were a lot of different factors that played into it and due to that, there are things that I can not disclose since they were mostly personal issues. I also want to state that I do not hate the members at all and I absolutely wish them the best.

Starting off, I had a discussion with them a month ago about the direction on how the group should go. I told them that I aim to graduate in a year or so and I also addressed the current problems in the group. I said that in order for this to work out, I have to step down from my responsibilities and have the rest of the members share some of them. I do the majority of the work like editing, promoting, networking, getting us paid gigs, etc.

Since they have established to me their time constraints, different goals, and different priorities in general, I wanted to work those things out. We came to the conclusion that the group can not function under those circumstances and to continue to do so will put a strain. I've had similar problems with previous members as well.

So yes, you are correct >>9660499. I really wanted this to work out and I even requested outside help multiple times to fix the issues. Whatever I did, I felt like a shitty leader because I would always overthink on how to solve things that it stressed me out. Unfortunately that's how life is and I've come to accept that I can't force it if it's not going to work.

To end it all, I'm not discouraged by this. I will continue and start working on solo stuff. I think it will help me be more productive in the long run.

>> No.9660826

>>9660485
I'm aware of the wig change, but I thought they changed her image color along with it. Even if they didn't, why not make the bow dark purple just for the sake of consistency? But overall I think the dresses would have looked better with all red bows like Mimi had originally planned.

>>9660677
Oh dear, Mimi should really start tailoring to their individual measurements. Poor Luna's drowning in her dress.

Kind of a nitpick, but I'm not a fan of this location for this style they're trying to go for.
Personally, I think cool themed songs work better with some buildings/structure in the background rather than nature scenery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djhY3lixW-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX8z1HcL8Gw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jz75LhjRs

>> No.9660928

>>9660485
The blonde wig is better than the purple, ngl.

>> No.9660936

>>9660485
The blonde would've looked cute, but what the hell is going on with the hair in that picture? It looks like standard anime twintails and then part of it is pulled back and tied in a bow? That's just a weird hairstyle that I can't even imagine existing in two dimensions.

>> No.9660941

>>9660826
I agree about location.

>> No.9661086

Um. This is totally unrelated to anything currently being discussed in the thread, but I have a question. Also disclaimer-- I suck at explaining things, so I apologize if this doesn't make sense.

An odottemita/performance-related question,

You know how there's some choreography that starts immediately when the song itself starts? How do you start a dance cover or performance exactly in time with such songs?
It would be nice if there were something that provided an 8-count before a song started.

>> No.9661116

>>9661086
What I’ve generally seen is that groups sometimes add that eight count in or, like in some practice videos from Morning Musume or AKB dance videos for example, there’s a 3 tone countdown. I assume that for live dances though, there’s always someone on the sides who will be ready to press play and members have to brace themselves to start as soon as the button is hit. In official idol lives/concerts, since they wear earpieces, I wouldn’t be surprised if they got the cue in their ears.

>> No.9661118

>>9660804
It's sort of irresponsible to open auditions and bring a new member into that if this is a reoccurring theme which hasn't been solved. The future of the group really should have been discussed and solidified before having auditions. I do wish you well though, and hopefully solo work goes good for you.

>> No.9661119

>>9661086
What I do normally is I have the song in a playlist and I play the song before the one I'm planning to cover and get into position. Once the song ends, it moves on to the one I'm recording and I'm already in position. I hope this helps somewhat!

>> No.9661120

>>9661086
From what I've seen most of the time in live performance or any performance they will edit in a little ding or click a couple counts before moving. This was used a lot in winterguards and such when you'd have to move right on the first beat of a song. It is easily edited out in a video and isn't too noticeable during a live performance.

I wouldn't doubt that in professional performances that they have the sound in their ear piece or a lead up with instrumental or something.

>> No.9661129

>>9661086
I've definitely seen >>9661116 and >>9661120 the most as far as having a person or a tone to cue you. I haven't experienced it firsthand (my one live performance didn't have choreography on the opening note) as far as dancing, but for skits in cosplay competitions they usually ask you to thumbs up or make some sort of gesture when you're ready. Otherwise I'm sure you can deal with being a fraction off and make up for it.

>> No.9661185

>>9658931
"stela" is the latin root for star, it's not a coincidence and it's not weird at all that they kept the name considering that they kept the theme.

If anything, they should have gotten themselves a Stella the second

>> No.9661281

>>9661185
Honestly it was just piss-poor planning for the name. They should have either gone with something other than Stellure, or Stella should have picked a different name, in the event that they lost Stella (which they did, obvs). It comes across as petty to keep the name and to people who are discovering them it sounds odd that the one named Stella left Stellure.

>> No.9661294

>>9661281
I mean I see where you’re going, but I still feel like that’s a reach?

>> No.9661332

>>9661281
Of all the things to criticize about Stellure, their name really isn't as big of a deal as you're trying to make it. The group was always called Stellure even when it was a My Little Pony group. When they changed to a cosmic theme they needed some cute cosmic names, and "Stella" happens to be a rather popular star-related name.

>It comes across as petty to keep the name.
Why would they change their entire branding when they already had already debuted and garnered hundreds of followers at that point?

>>9661185
>If anything, they should have gotten themselves a Stella the second
Now I'm wondering what the new member's themed names will be. Aurora, Venus, Aries, Starla and Lyra are some cute options.

>> No.9661339

>>9661185
Stella the first would have a meltdown on her main account and she has a decent following. If anything it would put Stellure in a negative light for giving a new member the name of an original member.

>> No.9661345

>>9661332
I adore Starla, that's such a cute one. Galaxia, Leo(na), Corona, Polaris, and Sol are some other possibilities, I guess. (Although Corona makes me think of beer). I just want to know how Mimi is in any way related to space.

>> No.9661346

>>9661281
If anything I find it the most petty to choose the idol name Stella after the name Stellure was already a thing. Sounds more like she wanted to be the center of attention as her name suggested and only hurt her worse when she left.

>> No.9661415

>>9661281
I don't really see the problem. Who cares?

>> No.9661421

>>9661345
Yeah I always wondered about Mimi's name.
>>9661332
I wouldn't go for venus since you know, venus angelic. I wouldn't pick a name of some internet celebrity.

>> No.9661436

>>9661421
I tried googling to see if I could find anything, and all I came up with is one of the actresses in 2001: A Space Odyssey is named Mimi. I seriously doubt that's where the name came from

>> No.9661441

>>9661118
Hmm, it kind of seems like if she hadn't been planning to leave the group, they wouldn't be disbanding.

Based on the time frame it seems like she only recently decided to graduate next year because if she had decided it before they opened auditions, they would have discussed those things then and resolved them.

So likely, the future of the group did seem certain at the time they opened auditions - that she would be around for the foreseeable future to handle the important tasks of maintaining the group.

But then for whatever reason, she decided she wanted to graduate next year, and so discussed with the group about its future and whatever problems might get in the way of its future without her (i.e. who will handle the responsibilities when she's gone).

I mean, a year or two is a decent amount of time for everyone to adjust and prepare and shift responsibilities I think. Irresponsible would have been saying she wanted to graduate by the end of this year.

But I guess her members either weren't willing or weren't able to take on more responsibilities for the group, so it's not so much recurring problems that hadn't been solved yet - since the solution thus far has been to rely on Juliane for everything - but that the group just can't function without her. So they decided to just end it sooner rather than later to let her start her solo career now instead of one or two years from now.

*takes off detective hat*

But really I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

>> No.9661443

>>9661345
>>9661339
>>9661421
Gemini, Elara (moon of Jupiter), Nebula, Rosalina would be really cute too. Odessa as a version of odyssa. Lumina, Solana (or sol as previously mentioned), Hera maybe?

There you go Stellure pick one

>> No.9661460

>>9661443
Nebula would be cool if it wasn't already a subunit, same with Nova

>> No.9661516

I think Mimi is the name of a star or something.

>> No.9661517

I don’t think Mimi’s ugly, that picture just isn’t really her angle. The eyelashes she wears are way too big, it makes her look weird. Also, Mimi’s wig is horrendous. But if you look at other pictures on @meotashi’s account, you can tell that she’s actually pretty.

>> No.9661533

>>9661516
Could not find anything about this. Source?

>> No.9661550

>>9661339
That'd be really dumb because "Stella the first" sounds really cool, I'd give two fingers to get to use a monarchical epithet like that

>>9661345
Starla, Sol and Polaris all sound really cute. They should pick a few and let the fans choose

>> No.9661587

>>9661517
Sorry, Mimi but no. I think you’re ugly. Deal with it. Not everyone will think you’re pretty.

>> No.9661666

>>9661118
I have asked them questions time and time again about whether or not the goals I have provided were okay. They have agreed. They also signed agreements ahead of time as well. These circumstances weren't something I could have not forseen. We all just got caught up in the wrong time.

Going back to what >>9661441 said, that's exactly correct. I was hoping with in that time frame everyone would be able to adjust and by the time I graduate, someone would want to step in and take the reins. I planned to continually keep training them up to a point where I felt they were comfortable enough that I can leave the group in their hands. Of course, no one wanted to and they declined those responsibilities being that they had work, school, and emotional problems piling up on them. Like I said, to continue the group under those circumstances would put a strain on everyone involved.

As far as the trainee goes, I have discussed with her that if the rest of the group has these issues and it does not change, I can not drag her down with that. I'm not willing to let her in so deep that she invests her money and time into a group that would eventually be unstable had I not pointed out those problems to begin with. She is willing to collaborate with me and she's in the same dance group with me. There's not much that she could have said being that she wasn't in the group for long and she told me she is alright either way.

I've done everything I can in my power to make this group work but I can not change other people's priorities.

>> No.9661669

>>9661666
was something I could not predict*

Correcting my grammar

>> No.9662138

>>9661587
She's average. I wouldn't call her ugly. Sounds like vendetta or plain bullying. You must be bitter.

>> No.9662153

>>9662138
Why would I have a vendetta or be bitter over someone who I don’t know or has a worse voice than me? Saying you think someone is ugly isn’t bullying and if it was, a lot worse things said here would be bullying.

>> No.9662287

uhhh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD8beF8U5sw

>> No.9662304

>>9662287
Beautiful

>> No.9662311

>>9662287
I don’t know why but I love this.

>> No.9662542

>>9662287
Good.
But what's going on with the demon girls stomach? It looks kinda weird shaped.

>> No.9662571
File: 3 KB, 351x65, hahahawhat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This makes me laugh so hard considering the clusterfuck that is Mimi's 'schedule'

>> No.9662639

>>9662542
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say she's pregnant, though it could be with a demon, idk i'm not a doctor.

>> No.9662655

>>9662571
The reliability is the funniest part to me, since even if they do meet deadlines you can’t expect very much from them at all

>> No.9662705
File: 456 KB, 640x1006, E304586B-0B16-4E82-A413-E91258A8EE83.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Honey Hime’s recent news! I’m so happy for them, they deserve their success.

>> No.9662744

>>9662705
This was a pleasant announcement and I absolutely can't wait to see this.

>> No.9662748

>>9662705
Ah I’m super happy for them. They deserve everything.

>> No.9662934

>>9662287
Made me laugh in a happy way.

>> No.9662980
File: 281 KB, 1242x684, 374CC06D-6F93-43DB-8E93-C40EB44F6B85.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone wanna post bets to how long it’ll be before we get a “new members audition” or “disbandment” announcement?

>> No.9663036

>>9662980
Bets that one more member has left the group?

>> No.9663041

>>9663036
Falls under “new members”.

>> No.9663053

I was wondering what happened to Minty Pop as I was looking forward to seeing them live to see any improvements maybe. Then the event published their event timetable and they weren't down, it was just put as "Performer" or something like that. Crystal Rose are still down for it though

>> No.9663058

>>9657326
I really like paida. How cute!

>> No.9663067

They're probably struggling as 3 members.

>> No.9663116

>>9663067
Or they had enough with all the problems that were brought up with the other girls that left and decided enough is enough. That group didn’t seem like it would ever last after it lost almost half it’s members in one go in all honest opinions

>> No.9663189
File: 118 KB, 745x1181, 2820B30B-00CC-4C88-A63A-79B348D03F76.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why was this necessary? Everybody in the New England love live comm knows each other. I’m guessing one of the younger groups made this for a circle jerk just like they make themselves and their friends fan accounts.

>> No.9663234

>>9663189
> please no negative confessions

you're going to get exactly 0 confessions then, valentines groups / accounts are never popular.

>> No.9663246

>>9663189
>>9663234
All the followers but 2 are in Miracle Live so you were right about it being made by the teenage LL community

>> No.9663248

>>9663246
Sorry, I didn't mean to tag >>9663234

>> No.9664095

I've never seen this thread dead for almost an entire day :( bumping

>> No.9664101

>>9664095
Same. It's really upsetting. I'm sure there's gotta be something out there?

I don't know if this was mentioned, but Love Live Sunshine is airing season two right now, so they'll probably be people doing covers of new songs. There's just been the opening and endings so far, but I have a feeling there will be an insert song for this week's episode.

>> No.9664128

>>9664095
I think it's probably just the mid-week lull. Lots of groups put out content on the weekends.

To generate discussion, does anyone here write their own music? I've been trying to learn and holy shit is it going nowhere. No wonder most groups have plans to release original songs that never materialize...

>> No.9664160

>>9664128
I’ve attempted it but because my resources were limited to GarageBand & I barely know piano, it never turned out well. I prefer writing lyrics honestly.

>> No.9664163

I just remembered that Eli's birthday is coming up and people will most likely be posting covers then. So, Saturday I guess? I know at least Prostar is planning something.

>> No.9664285

>>9662705
I'm so happy for them! December is a longer wait than I was expecting, but it'll be worth it!

>>9664128
>No wonder most groups have plans to release original songs that never materialize...
I remember a couple of threads ago a few people were volunteering to compose songs for net idol groups for free/cheap. I wonder if they're still around.

Would it be a good idea to have a Google docs spreadsheet listing people that net idols could ask/commission for artwork (album art, logos, etc.), music composition and video editing?

>> No.9664305

>>9664285
That would be fantastic, honestly. We have a “composer” in our group, but none of us really know how to compose good music. We’re just kind of...figuring stuff out and playing by ear.

>> No.9664394

>>9664285
That is a great idea. I don't see why not. I think it would be super helpful.

>> No.9664495

>>9664285
I mean there’s already an idol spreadsheet so why shouldn’t there be an idol staff/help sheet too?

>> No.9664500

I've been trying to learn LMMS for music composition. There's a website called Hooktheory thats been pretty useful for learning about chord progressions and writing melodies. Just putting that out there for anyone else who's struggling.

>> No.9664714

To stir up some more discussion along with some positivity, does anybody have some stories to share about their best experience as an idol/odorite? Whether it was a performance that went really well or the friends you met while dancing/singing, share anything that made you feel awesome.

For me, I was sitting outside the room where our panel was going to be held in a couple of hours on the floor, waiting for the rest of my group to arrive.

As I was sitting there, a Hanayo cosplayer came up to me and asked, "I'm sorry to bother you but are you ___ from ___?" (For this panel, my group was cosplaying a different series than we do normally)

I responded that I was who she thought and she instantly lit up and said "oh my gosh... I can't wait to watch your panel! ... you are actually my favourite member out of everyone in ____, you just have so much energy when you dance it makes me so happy to watch." I actually wanted to cry. Dancing has actually never been my strong point (I am more of a singer) and I've worked really hard to get to where I am today so her comment really made my day and I think it helped me perform even better during the panel when I spotted her in the crowd. I also have probably made the same kind of comment to other dancers or idols in our community because I admire them so much so to have someone say it to me, was just ahhhh so nice and really motivating.

Sorry for the essay, but I want to hear everybody else's experiences they have as well so please share!

>> No.9664738

>>9664714
This makes me really happy for you anon! I hope when my group puts on more panels/performances I or any of the members in my group have an experience like this!

>> No.9664748

>>9664714

It's nice to hear something like this. Where I'm from everyone just seems to get a kick out of tearing each other down, so it means I'm generally afraid of filming covers and sharing.

>> No.9664755

>>9664748
It is actually very similar where I'm from as well so when that cosplayer said that I think it made all the more of an impact on me. I think it just goes to show that even if you are just an audience member rather than an idol or dancer yourself, if you appreciate what somebody is putting out there, tell them! It is so motivating and confidence boosting to hear these things. (Which in turn leads to improvement and better content for everyone to enjoy) I also try to go to as many other groups panels and performances when I can to cheer them on and to show them that the community of dancers also wants to support them, not just wotas and audience members.

Please don't be afraid anon! If you can get even one person that appreciates your work, I promise it is worth more than anybody that might say something to tear you down.

>> No.9664756

>>9664714
My favorite thing has been when I inspire people, especially young girls. Nothing really rivals when a 5 year old asks to hug "the princess" and runs up to you with arms spread.

Also met my SO by dancing at cons, it started out by him complimenting my dancing and now a year later he is talking about marrying me

>> No.9664757

>>9664748
Yeah I've noticed this too. Even in person, some of these girls like to tear people down. Even if someone makes a super cringe video, or they don't get Idols at all, who cares?? Let em?? Why are you so bitter lol
There will always be shit talk for sure, and sometimes it is entertaining, but some people go above and beyond lol

>> No.9664797

>>9664714
An idol group came to my area for a convention. The whole weekend was amazing but this one moment topped it all. Early in the afternoon while waiting to lineup for their concert, a group of us were dancing around to their songs and having a chill time. One of the former members attending with the group stopped to tell us we had nice dancing skills and danced a song for her. She spoke pretty ok english and had a nice hot minute conversation with her afterwards. She said she was so happy seeing fans dancing to their songs and told us to keep dancing. That moment keeps me motivated to this very day.

>> No.9664851

>>9664797
That’s so amazing, Anon!!

>> No.9664868

>>9664394
>>9664285 here! What do you all think of this rough draft? I'm going to need help compiling a list of artists though. I only know of like one composer currently accepting commissions.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19XZ308_3yoOKiTmgUA_DfgeqW4ddTCB_e6Zz1wnIJA8/edit?usp=sharing

>>9664756
>Also met my SO by dancing at cons, it started out by him complimenting my dancing and now a year later he is talking about marrying me
Aww, that's so sweet! I hope you two will be very happy together.

>> No.9664869

>>9664868
Is it possible that you can somehow transfer the original idol spreadsheet to this one? The creator of the idol spreadsheet is nowhere to be found

>> No.9664873

>>9664869
I wondered about that too. They posted here asking for people to volunteer with maintaining the spreadsheet cuz they were really busy, and I shot her an email and haven't heard anything since. I did make a copy of it on my own Google drive and made some changes that made it easier for me to understand/maintain, so if anyone starts a new spreadsheet and wants some help with the upkeep I'm happy to lend a hand.

>> No.9664905
File: 26 KB, 590x135, _20171020_221903.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>short tempered
*cousin fucker flash backs*

>> No.9664926

>>9664714
For me it has to be the people who come to me and tell me that they watch my videos whenever they feel down. I feel like that's the core reason I do odottemita: to make people happy. I used to do lives with my dance group as wel and it was the best feeling ever seeing people enjoy our dancing and even dancing together with us... I really miss those times. Also the people who have told us that we had inspired them to start dancing make me super happy. I don't know, I just have a lot of wonderful memories from being an odorite.

>> No.9664929

>>9664905
I hope we never let her forget her outburst. Its her reason she initially made stellure the joke of the communuty.

>> No.9664935

>>9664868
It looks great!

>> No.9664937

>>9664905
I laughed at Costume Design:

>> No.9664939
File: 478 KB, 1075x1072, haidnhwgs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can someone edit these ratings to make it more accurate? Leadership and planning should be at 0 stars

>> No.9664941

>>9664926
Is there a reason you decided to quit?

>> No.9664947

>>9664939
Also costume design

>> No.9664949

>>9664939
If this were based on an outside opinion, most of these would be one star or none at all...

>> No.9664952

>>9664939
that’s the worst editing i have ever seen

>> No.9664973

In terms of love live groups, what do you think about copying? I mean, if one group does a cover of something, and a little bit after, another group does the same cover.

I mean, technically, it shouldn't matter, but people can get pretty hostile over dumb things like that.

>> No.9664997
File: 439 KB, 1080x1065, aldirnds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9664939
Fixed

>> No.9665026

>>9664973
Honestly, I think it shouldn’t matter especially if it’s one day a group uploads and then a week later a second groups does the same dance. But if it’s groups that have proclaimed rivalry or it seems obvious and the dance is 3+ weeks later (or even sooner really), then I think it’s definitely petty and childish.

>> No.9665051

>>9664939
Her hair doesn’t match her skirt and shoes, and it’s bugging me

>> No.9665145

>>9665026
I don't know about groups claiming rivalries... and, what makes a difference if it's one week or three?

>> No.9665198

>>9665145
Nayrt but it can happen. When my group started gaining a following, another local group popped up and started announcing cosplay plans and dances that were the same as what we had done. One week makes it look like an unlucky coincidence that your two groups planned the same thing; 3 or more means you've had time to practice and therefore were most likely aware of what the other group was doing.

>> No.9665212

>>9665145
Like >>9665198 said, it’s the timing. Unless you’re a super active group that gets dances down pat in a week, odds are that uploading the same dance within a week of another group is pure coincidence. But to take the time to learn and then upload, especially after another group announced or recently uploaded the same dance, it no longer looks like a coincidence unless you’re in a contest, friends, or straight rivals. Honestly it’s something I’m always careful about when doing vocal covers of older or lesser known songs. You never know who will think “you copied this person!” so for some, it’s really difficult to come to terms with especially if you’re afraid of being called a copy cat when you aren’t.

>> No.9665237

>>9662287
she had more vibrancy and life than literally all of these other idol groups so far.

>> No.9665239

>>9664973

dumb since its not like they own the song/choreo

I did notice group copying on other stuff tho

>> No.9665242

>>9665212
It's just really frustrating, especially with aqours only having so many to cover. Every time my group wants to do something it's like "oh, but so and so is already doing that." and it drives me nuts. Most of the songs I like get covered to death, too.

>> No.9665393

>>9665242

Unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast when you're in a group that covers such a limited song selection - especially when there are so many Love Live cover groups now. You'll never make yourself happy when you restrict and compare the things you want to do with what others are doing. It's all just for fun, so who cares if someone else is doing the same thing?

>> No.9665407

>>9664929
What outburst?

>> No.9665411

Did Stellure get 9 girls just because Muse and Aqours has 9 girls? I think 5 would've worked just fine. I bet it's not going to work, Mimi will die making all those outfits.

>> No.9665448

>>9665411
You’re late; this was discussed already. General consensus was probably and definitely.

>> No.9665501

Super sick of the Love Live mold Stellure wants to follow. Putting "Attribute" and "charm point" on their introductions is just nauseating to me.

>> No.9665512

>>9665501
Attribute I agree with but charm points aren’t something originally from Love Live or even anime. Many idol groups have profiles listing charm points.

>> No.9665536

>>9665501
>>9665512
„Attributes” were done long before love live, both by aikatsu and idolm@ster. It’s more like they want to be every idol game ever. It’s pretty obvious that they want to imitate lovelive, as>>9665411 said.

>> No.9665568

>>9665536
I’m aware about the attributes but I was thinking more in line with what >>966541 said about it being Love Live which is why I didn’t bring up Aikatsu or IM@S.

>> No.9665569

>>9665568
Dang meant to tag >>9665411

>> No.9665580

>>9665536
oh no, I don't mean to give Love Live creation for the concept at all. IM@S is far more my style anyway. It's more a complaint that they're clearly getting the idea from love live,(hence using Love Live's attribute names) and using it as an attempt to replicate their formula once again. It's incredibly cheap since, well, clearly this isn't an idol game, there's no need to assign attributes here.

>> No.9665582

>>9665512
>>9665536
>>9665568
Yeah but the games have their own attributes, and Smile is an attribute in Love Live. So even if IM@S and Aikatsu have attributes, you can see it's definately based on Love Live.

>> No.9665609
File: 1014 KB, 1080x1066, wgpgxayknv.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How is Tauri good at promotion when we barely see her? Also, all stellure girls deserve a 0 when it comes to planning

>> No.9665615
File: 562 KB, 590x598, stella.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was really bothered by Stella's wig because it was super obviously just Junko Enoshima cosplay wig. Using character wigs when not cosplaying the character just looks weird. Did she have a Junko cosplay at some point and just decided to re-use the wig? If she wanted a pink ponytail wig (like in art) she could've gotten so much better one from pretty much anywhere since Junko's not really pink.

>> No.9665616

>>9665609
Well, they could be good at planning, but Mimi might be the one holding them back from planning anything that may contribute to the group. That's how I see it atleast. So Mimi deserve's a 0 in planning, not the other members(Unless some of them ARE actually bad at planning)

>> No.9665617

>>9665615
Okay I just checked her Instagram and she does indeed cosplay Junko.

>> No.9665627

>>9664973

Well as part of the audience, doing the same act with little variety does get a little boring if they all do the same songs at the con. But you can spice it up with some fun intermissions or even mix it up with a different character doing the song. So to use a couple of a examples, a Zurui Magnetic Today cover featuring Mari and Yoshiko will be metal as fuck. Or Eli and Dia cover Storm in Lover for example.

>> No.9665631
File: 283 KB, 749x1278, AF122F83-10B5-4DD9-864B-DC97286138C3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9663189
Decided to give this account a few days to get some posts before I actually took a look at it, it’s pretty much just a self posting haven for the underage Love Livers

>> No.9665669

>>9665609
Personally, I think it’s unfair to judge some of the other member’s aspects since we haven’t seen them. Plus it never said it’s SPECIFICALLY for Stellure. I agree with >>9665616 and don’t forget their best release (to date out of 3) had Mimi only handle costumes...

>>9665615
I really didn’t notice or care. To me it looks better than a super pink wig. Pale pinks look much better for casual stuff than bright pinks do.

>>9665631
Ew...

>> No.9665678

>>9665616
If thats the case, they need to stand up to Mimi and tell her she is shit and holding them back. We dont see the other members taking iniative to plan dancing or singing rehersal meetings outside of the day before filming. They always love to post "how hard there working" on their stories. They can do things without Mimi needing to be there and I don't see any of that. If all the members were good at planning, they would tell Mimi things need to get done efficiently within a large span of time, do appropirate things without Mimi, and wouldn't be the mess they are. A leader is suppose to guide everyone, not be the center of attention.

>>9665669
If we dont see them taking charge, standing up to Mimi, and possibly offering help, i have no sympathy. We always hear from Mimi but we never hear from them. We dont know if they are or not but if they were standing up for themselves, wouldn't Mimi be less s t r e s s e d about creating the choreography, lyrics, costumes, and art?

>> No.9665703

>>9665678
Of course not because you’re missing the bigger picture: it’s not about them standing up to Mimi. It’s about Mimi knowing when and how to accept help. They could standup and demand she let them help all they want, but in the end Mimi’s mindset is one of two things “I’m the best person for these jobs” or “I don’t want you guys to stress over even if you say you don’t.” This doesn’t even get into pride. Even if she allowed them to help, she wouldn’t be less stressed. It’d be just as much. Pride is a dangerous thing. Personally, I’d like the 4 old members and the 4 new members (after seeing how they do) leave and their own thing. If at this point Mimi hasn’t allowed anyone to help, she obviously doesn’t want it. I do feel bad for the other girls though because they must either feel like their progress is bad deep down or that know what’s said here. They might really want to do much better and personally I’ve been there. I feel sorry for the other girls.

>> No.9665708

>>9665703
I almost forgot to add: don’t forget that Stellure is MIMI’S group at that. Stellure isn’t a group where “six friends just up and got together” (this coming from Tauri’s post). This a friend saying “hey help me do this.” I don’t feel sorry for Mimi, but in general people who create projects (especially ones they want to succeed) have issues giving the other people major responsibilities within the group because it could vary greatly from their own ideas for the group.

>> No.9665729

Mimi's description said she dislikes small children. I guess she hates herself alot, huh?

>> No.9665771

https://youtu.be/IqjWF_0L6VU

Genuinely surprised that this group never gets posted as their videos are a genuine goldmine for cringe

>> No.9665775

Does anyone else hate when you can clearly tell that the dancer is watching a mirror the entire time? Like, why even film yourself dancing to a song you don't know?

>> No.9665775,1 [INTERNAL] 

Any cringe for Eli's bday?

>> No.9665786

>>9665771
Ive seen a majoirty of their covers posted here but im more suprised there still going?

>> No.9665799

>>9665775
You mean a mirror dance? I never really care. If you are clearly watching a video while doing the dance, I’ll stop watching.

>> No.9665824

Since it’s Eli’s birthday, here’s the newest mediocre Mermaid Festa.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H8FSzjMBK7g

>> No.9665841

so uh, how does one make a net idol group? n-not that i'm planning on making one just interested!

>> No.9665846

>>9665824
She can't even properly lip sync the sayonara at the end...

>> No.9665862

>>9665824
I'm really sad the only decent bits were the pool underwater shots. It takes a lot to make LL! dances interesting to watch if you're going solo, and she's not even a good dancer on top of it...

I found this browsing Twitter tags today and although they're not good as a group (Nozomi sucks really bad), their Eli herself is okay:
https://youtu.be/BV0uwsetKks

But even if theyre not the best it made me happy to see people celebrating my best grill's birthday! Wish I could have posted something too... ah well. Post more if you got some, anons!

>> No.9665864

>>9665841
Hypothetically speaking, first thing would to have a solid plan. What songs, how many members, goals, concept, etc. Will you do covers or original songs or both? Will you be based on LL or IM@S or no group at all (please pick the last if you’re trying to be a REAL net idol group). Do you want a large group or a small one? Do you want yearly auditions or auditions aside from intial members at all? Then move on to what you want in members. Strong voices? Good Japanese/English pronunciation? Timely? Good microphone? After you have a solid plan, then head on with auditions. My idea is that as they come in, if you find voices you want, compile songs (if you’re doing covers) that you want the group to sing that would fit their voices. When you have all your members, start working but stay organized.

Aside from those, make sure your group is WORTH auditioning for and watching. The best way to do that is to make good imagery & being original. I don’t know if anyone remembers Shining Academy but even though they failed miserably, they still got a lot of people for the first generation and had even gotten comments about how it looked interesting and was different from other groups.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to make one then you should post the audition info here. There may or may not be talents hiding out wanting to make a group worth watching.

>> No.9665874

>>9665864
This was really helpful! i was thinking of a 4-6 member group, maybe some covers in the beginning to get started but then go into original songs. The only thing i would go off is love live but not a love live group just how things are done, one girl music one to two girls doing costumes (i would be one) and the rest working on dances with no real leader. And since i live in america the songs would probably be in English with Japanese words added, everyone in the group would have to be a healthy weight but a little skinny and above 5'0 (just to keep things similar height) and natural hair colors.but this is only a dream and i don't think it would ever be a reality one could only hope right?

>> No.9665916

>>9665874
I mean it’s honestly possible. My only things are this: unless you’re planning on meeting up with these people (in which, it wouldn’t be a NET idol peio), things like costumes would be difficult. Then when it comes to English with Japanese words, it’s a lot worse than Japanese with English. If you’ll do English, do English or do English with Japanese versions. Being over 5 feet is also very vague. That’s like saying “people over 16 for similar ages.” There’s a lot of ages involved. It’s also important to keep in mind that everyone’s “healthy weight” is not going to be skinny. I think it’d be wrong to turn down someone who’s talented & willing to work hard just because they are a bit chubby (not like super fat but think Chubbiness or Pottya weight). Even then, if it’s someoje who’s trying to get to a decent weight and does so by dancing and is really talented vocally or dance wise, it’s also be more of a loss to say no than yes.

>> No.9665917

>>9665916
Group, not peio. Sorry.

>> No.9665928

>>9665916
yeah i guess that's true Just i feel like idol songs are supposed to be in Japanese because i never see any good english ones. Chubby is fine just nothing too big and about the height usually everyone is above 5'0 anyways i just think it would be really weird for huge height differences since im 5'6 even though it's net and the chances of live performances are low
(unless somehow my group becomes huge then of course)

>> No.9665948

>>9665928
I understand. And it makes sense that idol songs ARE in Japanese because idols. It’s entirely possible for an idol song to be in English, you just have to not think of it as an idol song. Morning Musume’s One and Only is originally in Japanese but the way it was written & reworded makes the English okay. I understand the heights as well but there are some super tall idols. The tallest I know of is Yurina Kumai from Berryz. She’s around 6 feet tall and she literally towered over the others. If you do happen to make a group, just know what you want and verbalize that upfront. It’ll limit what you get but it could be worth it.

>> No.9665956

>>9665948
i will keep that in mind. What is a good way to come up with a name for a group? i really like short 1 to 2 word groups but i just can't think of anything catchy

>> No.9665982
File: 979 KB, 1923x546, 1497236706582.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9665407
behold, the cousin fucker rampage

>>9665609
Is there really an eight inch height difference between Mimi and Tauri?

>> No.9665993

>>9665982
Based on the picture of the two on insta, yes.

>> No.9666035
File: 451 KB, 1200x886, 20080504berryz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9665948
nice example

>> No.9666100

>>9664873
>if anyone starts a new spreadsheet and wants some help with the upkeep I'm happy to lend a hand.
Maybe you and I could help each other out, me with your updated Group list, and you with my Staff list? Shoot me an email at idol.assist@gmail.com if you're interested!

>>9664869
I think it might be better to keep the idol group list and the volunteer/staff list as separate documents, but maybe each document can include a link to the other.

>>9665956
>What is a good way to come up with a name for a group?
Think of the style or theme your group is trying to go for.

The World Standard (Wa-Suta) aims to spread kawaii culture all around the world, and there are some idol groups spreading positivity for chubby girls called Chubbiness, Pottya ("plump") and la BIG 3.
Some more examples are NECRONOMIDOL, a gothic metal group, Dempagumi.inc, a denpa music group, Hamburgirl Z, who promote West Japan's burger industry, and iRis, whose member's image colors are a rainbow.

Personally, I just like putting a bunch of cute words together: CherryChannel, blushberry, glitterglow, Jewel & Joy...

>> No.9666114

>>9666100
Don’t forget using cute suffixes at the end of a themed word, à la Stellure (at least their name is good?) and Citresse, or cute pet names like BiBi!

>> No.9666119

>>9665982
Has that thread been archived anywhere?? I wanna read the replies

>> No.9666129

>>9665708
>>9665703
This is a big problem I have with Stellure. It always felt more like Mimi's pet project of founding, managing and starring in her own "original" idol group just like in her animes than it does a fun team effort

>>9666119
>>/cgl/thread/S9380337
>>/cgl/thread/S9380337#p9391045 is Mimi's post

>> No.9666195

>>9666100
>>9666114
To add to this, I say don’t feel pressured to have a theme or style attached to your group. A lot of really popular groups (and some underground ones) don’t particualr have something relation to the group specifically but it still works out.

>> No.9666201
File: 37 KB, 500x333, bread.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9666129
Thank you anon!

>> No.9666298

>>9666100
I finally made up my mind and got a name. I'm just ironing out the kinks of my plan i hope to put together a great group.

>> No.9666304

>>9664941
Our group disbanded and I think it's difficult to find a new one from my area. So yeah, no specific reason.

>> No.9666307

>>9665609
Seeing this on a screen bigger than a phone really lets the anti-aliasing on the text and coloring outside the lines really show through.

>> No.9666309

Would anyone be interested in a seagull idol group? :^)

>> No.9666315

>>9666309
In a what

>> No.9666320
File: 173 KB, 640x827, 91553D5E-9D29-4C9B-9735-59BA03F3E295.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>dance: 4 stars

>> No.9666365

Looking forward to the day people stop forming cringe LL groups and calling themselves net idols

>> No.9666372

>>9666365
Same. If I want to see real dancing then I'll just look at world competitions like juste debout. If I want to see real singing then I'll just watch The Voice.

>> No.9666519

LOOKING FOR NET IDOLS TO JOIN!!
Lotus-A is looking for 3-5 lucky girls to join the group!
Rules and what you need to know are in my discord! D8kJy97 is the code!

>> No.9666530

>>9666519
You probably should have stuff set before saying that. Nothing shows.

>> No.9666535

>>9666530
It's working now! Sorry!

>> No.9666566

>>9666315
Newfag

>>9666307
Stemming off this, i would love to do covers like how other boards make covers. I'd also like to be in a gull idol group for the sake of parodying the wanna be instagram net idols

>> No.9666576
File: 9 KB, 212x237, isn't joke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How does one get better at dancing? Any tips? I know the basics such as don't be lifeless, smile, practice in front of a mirror, big moves should be big etc, but some great dancers have a certain crispness to their movements that I can't for the life of me pinpoint exactly other than "all moves are very precise".

Is there a way to get better, other than practicing a lot? Do classes help? What kind of classes would one even look for?

I'm not interested in the idol part of this, I just like dancing and watching dance covers. Why is it so hard to be good?

>> No.9666605

>>9666576
I think you kind of already answered your own question. Through continuous practice on a regular basis, you should be able to start to do dances without watching the videos then without looking in a mirror then just completely on your own, knowing it so well it's like second nature. In my opinion, it's at this point that you are able to start to think beyond doing the moves correctly and precisely and you can start to put passion and personal flare behind them. When you are thinking about doing dances and need to think, "oh shoot is my arm supposed to be here? is my hand open or in a fist here?" your brain doesn't have time to think about that kind of "extra specialness" that you can add to your dancing. And the only real way to reach that level is to dedicate time and effort to learning and practicing.

You seem to get the basics that wouldn't necessarily get better by going to classes but perhaps what a class could offer is somebody that can physically teach you dances rather than learning from videos? Usually this is why groups that learn directly from choreographers that can give them cues and instructions on the moves look better than a bunch of people that have just watched a video many times over.

>> No.9666623

>>9666566
Didn’t know frequenting a board for over a year and not knowing or remembering a reference was equates to being a newfag. Learn something new every day!

>> No.9666626
File: 857 KB, 450x254, surejan.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9666623
>taking a newfag comment so personally

>> No.9666627

>>9666623
>the term "seagull" is used in every other thread
>the sticky's image is an actual seagull
it's not being a newfag but it IS having a learning disability

>> No.9666634

>>9666626
Or just sarcasm cause that’s a thing.

>>96666627
Or you know, not caring at all.

>> No.9666635

>>9666309
>>9666566
>seagull idol group
>i would love to do covers like how other boards make covers.
Ngl, I've been dreaming of "/cgl/ sings" net idol songs like Honey Hype! or songs from idol groups/anime.

>>9666114
Those are nice too!
I thought I came up with a super cute suffixed name, Ribbonette, but it turns out that's the name of a bakery in the Philippines.

>>9666195
True, plenty of idol groups don't have a specific theme and do a wide variety of styles! I kind of glossed over that because I was so fixated on cute thematic names.

>> No.9666636

>>9666634
Meant >>9666627

>> No.9666679

>>9666576

That and just...talent I guess? I joined a dance class with other people who had been doing it for over ten years. I joined and within a year I was kicking their butts at comps with actual judicators - they didn't like that.

Similarly I've been in groups with girls who have been at this long enough to have some shred of decency when dancing but can't keep to any kind of rhythm for shit, whereas you have girls who have just started look as though they've been at it for some time.

Some people just have it, some don't and some people take a little longer to grasp it.
If you've ever watched dancing with the stars or any TV dance comp the first few weeks are usually trash and then something happens around week four or five where something clicks.

People can also be horribly impatient and be done with a dance just because they've 'learned' it to a crappy standard and move on without polishing. The more you become comfortable, the more you see in the video you were learning from.
I like to record myself and put it beside my reference and compare.

>> No.9666681

>>9666605
Thanks for the reply! And I think I'm a decent enough dancer when it comes to the basics and getting to the point of not having to think about each move as I dance, I was thinking more specifically about the clear skill gap between someone like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrCRadD4ojI
or Kaya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOA_PF5IHhI
and then girls who are clearly good dancers but don't move as... impressively? Precisely? Even the girls from wa-suta (or, fuck, even the LL! girls) don't dance as well as these two, and I'd consider them very good dancers.

Is it really just style, just adding something personal and "extra special"?

I think it would help if I recorded myself dancing I guess, I only do mirrors (too self-conscious) as of now. Maybe anons could give me some pointers...?

>> No.9666694

>>9666681
I don't consider either of these girls to be impressive at all, they bore me. Good dancers are those who are so used to dancing that they are able to come up with choreography like Penta or Miko or Manako. Then again my definition of a good dancer is someone who looks like they enjoy dancing and are accurate to the original reference but at the same time are distinct enough to make you watch their cover and not just give up in search of a different cover. Is the "extra special" you're referring to charisma and confidence? The best dancers are those who do not limit themselves to just jpop idol dancing hence why Miume and ATY and 217 are so well known.

Personally I think Shuka and Aikyan from Aqours have that special charm when dancing to make them stand out against the rest of the Aqours seiyuu.

>> No.9666695

>>9666679
I hope it's not talent lol I don't think I have much of that... but you're probably right. But that might be a good reason to join a dance class, to gauge your own ability? I used to take classes when I was like 10 but of course I don't have clear enough memories...
>I like to record myself and put it beside my reference and compare.
That sounds like a good idea! I only do mirrors for now but the more I watch the more convinced I am that you need to record yourself to really know how you're doing.

I know this is probably a bit too much, but would you maybe be willing to share one of your own? I could shoot you an email so you don't need to upload anything. Completely understandable if you're not comfortable with that, of course!

>> No.9666703

>>9666694
I'm talking about their technique more than their personal flare, which is of course important but seems like it doesn't take as much effort...?

>are able to come up with choreography
Isn't that a different skillset?

I don't remember any of the girls you mentioned by name, I'll give them a watch before asking any further

>> No.9666711

>>9666703
I still disagree with classifying Kaya as having technique as that cover looks sloppy yet stiff. Personal flare is what makes a cover worth watching and I suppose it varies how much effort you need to put in to get it right.

If you can dance to the point where you can comfortably freestyle to any song you feel like, you'll know what kind of personal style you have. My point was more on how reaching that level of dancing obviously isn't easy but you can tell that it's good.

Most of the girls I mentioned are veterans and the ones creating choreography that other people learn from especially for Vocaloid songs.

>> No.9666734
File: 153 KB, 1280x720, SfoC5Il.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9666711
>I still disagree with classifying Kaya as having technique as that cover looks sloppy yet stiff
You're like that really hardcore teacher everyone is afraid of because she has really high standards. Kaya is one of my favorites, I thought she danced really well.

>> No.9666792

>>9666734
Kaya is still above average for cover dancers and knows how to choose dances that suit her but I think she's more known for being visually nice to look at because of her clothing and background choice. The original Freely Tommorow looks more sharp but Kaya's style is more cute and bouncy hence why I feel like she's not the best example of technique because she's not as versatile?

It just wasn't the clear skill gap that I was expecting in this context about odottemita as the dancers I'm familiar with began as ordinary cover dancers and have grown to the point where music producers will ask these dancers to dance to their new songs for promotion. I'm just a hardcore odottemita fan that's a lot more familiar with dancers that have been around since the beginning of the Nico Nico Douga odottemita genre and contributed to defining it hence the high standards.

Back to your original question on how to get better at dancing! Don't limit yourself to just Jpop dancing even if that's your main interest as rhythm is universal. I believe the wrist twirl in Freely Tommorow actually comes from street dance. Keep looking through different dancers (even male dancers) to see different kinds of styles and interpretations and try them out. It might help with trying to find how you want to express a dance to make it special. Good luck!

>> No.9666824

>>9666372
For me personally, I like keeping up with the net idol community because there's a sort of charm in seeing what people with little to no professional support or training can achieve. I know it's flawed, and I know there's always better singers and dancers, but it's endearing to me. I like seeing people try their best.

>> No.9666827

>>9660677
man, I can't believe some of you gulls genuinely like/support this shitshow even after seeing these super sad pics that scream weaboo...

>> No.9666839

>>9666827
Those who support them on here are probably just themselves or whiteknight fans. Highly doubt a senseable gull would like or support them. I have better faith in my fellow gulls.

>> No.9666846

>>9666827
>weaboo

On a board like this? Never.

That being said, I am one of the people who support them, because I want to keep thinking they'll improve. Bright Future was a shitshow, and Let's Go, Baby was really bad but a tiny bit better. Shining Stars was pleasant on the ears and showed a lot of improvement. I don't have any delusions about their skills, but if they can show that they're serious about continuing to improve then they'll have my respect.

>> No.9666852

>>9666372
I mean, I'm ok with idol level singing/dancing, I'm just tired of LL and come really understand how cosplaying constitutes as being a net idol. Like .. you're not a net idol, you're being __ LL character? What's there to promote lol

>> No.9666892

>>9666576
it's the same with music, you either feel the goods or you're the technical type or you arent artistic at all

>> No.9666893

>>9666792
Adding to what this anon said in the last paragraph, try out ballet for sure, a lot of jpop dances and other dance styles take at least a smidge of inspiration from it! (Aikatsu in particular LOVES arabesques.) Just don’t try to go en pointe

>> No.9666898

>>9666846
I can’t wait for the new member announcements, because I’m hoping that the new girls will be skilled enough to help carry the less talented members, and maybe even help them improve.

>> No.9666922
File: 281 KB, 1000x419, seiyuu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9666827
While I don't necessarily support Stellure, I just want to see them do better. For a short while I actually thought they were improving a bit, but they just keep repeating the same mistakes and it's frustrating. Shining Stars was two small steps forward, and this new song is several leaps right back to where they started with Bright Future.

>>9666898
>I’m hoping that the new girls will be skilled enough to help carry the less talented members, and maybe even help them improve.
Hopefully the original members kept that in mind while selecting their new recruits (if enough skilled/talented people actually auditioned).

I hope none of the new members will have mismatched two-tone wigs like Luna, but then that'll make Luna's wig stand out even more that it already does. It's been said dozens of times before, but she really needs a better wig. Or better yet, everyone ditches their wigs: pastel-haired characters, natural-haired idols.

>> No.9666938

>>9666695
Yeah definitely record yourself, it always helps me. Also start with ballet if you pick up classes, at the very least get the core basics down. It'll help you move, too.
You might also want to try some jazz, the classes are usually pretty fun and it'll get you doing more "expressive" dancing rather than just core like beginner ballet will!

>> No.9666947

>>9666694
I was gonna say actually, I’m >>9666605
and I watched the Aquors live taping yesterday. I’m not as much of an Aquors fan as I was for Muse but I definitely was paying attention when Shuka was dancing. Try to take a look at her dancing especially in day dream warrior, the fact that she’s also enjoys hip hop really shines through. I come from a background of ballet and musical theatre and I think anon is right when they said knowing other skills like the ability to choreograph or having dabbled in different styles aids in your technique as well as adding extra charisma. At the same time though, you do still need to make the destinction between idol dance and western styles like hip hop or contemporary or the like because I’ve seen people who not translate it well into idol dancing because they can’t see the division.

>> No.9666962

>>9666947
Anon your replying to here again. You totally got my point as I'm always conflicted over if I should say that the best way to get better at idol dance is to focus on idol dances but at the same time having a more diverse dance experience is always helpful. Your point reminded me of how a member in my group who has cheerleading experience understands rhythm but she also told me that it took some time to move away from the rigid sharpness of cheerleading and make her moves softer to fit idol dance.

I think a good compromise for wanting variety but still focusing on idol dance is to try a mix of odottemita/vocaloid dance, J-pop girl groups, Love Live if you have any interest and maybe even some of the cuter Kpop.

>> No.9667187

>>9666947

Where can I find that? Daydream warrior is one of my favourites!

>> No.9667198

I'm too much of a wuss ass to actually audition to an idol group and face the void of never getting a response because the person who runs it is polite. So I recorded me singing in an effort to get a genuine critique of whether I have a voice that can work for idol stuff or what I can improve to do so. Please don't be worried about being polite anons, by posting this I'm agreeing to myself that I'll get not so nice comments and I'll have to accept it. I'd rather honesty than be a trash idolru

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sh-eRF4LT3Y2lZV1VVUDVjaGs/view?usp=sharing

hopefully this link works?

>> No.9667251

>>9667198
Before anything else, there’s no such thing as a voice that doesn’t work for idol stuff. Even though a majority of idols have cute voices, there’s still idols who have extremely deep and powerful voices (Reina & Ai from Morning Musume, for example. And there’s an underground group I can’t think of right now). It just matter what kind of idol stuff.

Personally, your voice isn’t BAD but it needs work. I don’t know if it was your mic or you but it didn’t sound too clear. It was bordering on scratchy and held back in a bad way. I’m not familiar with the song so I can talk on how you hit notes but I’m sure there’s something there to be worked on. Depending on your age, you could probably get away with it with more practice but if you’re over 21, you’ll have to try 2x as hard because female voices are more or less fully developed by then. Even if you wanted to be an idol, stay by being in a group instead of solo. As a soloist you’ll get more hate because of your voice but in a group, you can use it as an excuse to say “I’m trying to improve and I want to learn from others” and all that good shit. Just keep practicing and work on projecting. It sounds like you’re holding back or straining.

>> No.9667262

>>9667251
thank you ;w; I'll try working on it a lot more, I've been considering to get vocal training, but I've always been worried about showing up to it and sounding like a dying cat. On comparision with bad idol groups, am I atleast a lil better than those? Thank you though anon, this has given me more confidence to try and practice to get better!

If it helps, this is the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRYrHmZhoUo

>> No.9667298

>>9666792
Ah right, I'm a little new at this (always been interested but it was always from afar) so the skill gap between her and the westerners we usually post here (the average, not the train wrecks) is huge.

And I can't for the life of me browse niconico, it's so intimidating... sorry for being such a noob. And thank you very much for the advice!

>>9666893
>>9666938
Yeah, I watched some aikatsu dances too and man the ballet moves are super nice.
The dance classes I had were jazz so I didn't want to go back to that, but at the same time I bought into the common sense cliché that says you either start doing ballet as soon as you leave the womb or not at all... so of course, I thought ballet was out of the question.

Is that really just a myth? Am I not going to be laughed at for joining a ballet class on my 20s?

>> No.9667302

>>9667298
definitely look for more adult oriented classes, they definitely exist! at least at my college, there was an adult ballet class that I think was open to the community, so maybe there is something like that near you as well.

>> No.9667325
File: 679 KB, 1920x2560, 3D17F722-1EC1-4062-ABCF-0C6482212D8A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9665631
I really don’t know where to begin with this.

>> No.9667347

https://youtu.be/3_SLjLWAGz0

Does Jenny even know what rhyming and rhythm are? She’s all over the place in every aspect.

>> No.9667348

>>9667298
I think it's more like if you want to become a professional ballerina you have to start early? So no worries, join an adult class! :)

>> No.9667399

So Ally and Sally are leading a new group idol group in Vancouver, sister-group of Seishun Gakuen they were a part of when they were in Japan. They just release the form for the audition on their page.

>> No.9667431

>>9667198
dont be an idol, youre horrific

>> No.9667463

>>9667198

You should work on learning to project. You have one of the same problems I have, where the recording sounds more like you're quietly crooning in the listener's ear than filling up a room with your sound. Look up youtube videos about projecting your voice, and work on your breathing control and where the air is coming from. Your voice also has kind of a nasally quality to it that might get fixed when you fix the projection problems.

There's a certain quality to your voice, besides the projection, that's not quite right. The way you start and end some of your words, where you're trying to add style and sound kinda sultry, doesn't sound good. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it seems to be a pitching problem. Don't try to do those things until you're able to sing loudly and clearly, since right now it just sounds whiny.

I do think your voice has potential and you should continue to practice singing. With some proper breath control I think you'd sound nice, but you're not in a shape yet to record a proper cover.

>> No.9667469

>>9667399
I wish I lived in Canada. I would’ve tried even if the odds are low.

>> No.9667474
File: 122 KB, 500x500, AVCA-74515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So, I actually ended Pripara and I have some questions. iRis seems to be "apart" of Pripara fanchise (at least their name because they're never mentioned) but they work on it. I'm quite surprised because in LL the group is the same in and out of the anime. Exists some explanation about it or it's just "we want the anime and the real idol group exists separated" thing? Sorry for my poor grammar.

>> No.9667477

>>9667347
Her singing? She's not really dancing

>> No.9667485

>>9667474
Their a seiyuu idol group in a different sense. Where LL and u’s corresponds, iRis are the main characters of PriPara but they aren’t singing as them if that makes sense.

>>9667477
I never mentioned dancing because I wasn’t talking about dancing.

>> No.9667490

>>9667485
What is grammar. I meant “They’re”.

>> No.9667521

>>9667485
My bad then. I thought her singing sounded great. Sounds better than a lot of others I've heard but she did sound nervous

>> No.9667534

dunno if the place is right, but go check this group, some of my friends dancing:
https://www.youtu.be/O2zP-aQ-oUM

>> No.9667541

>>9667534
It’s not if you’re not looking to get torn to shreds... Honestly though this could use some work.

>> No.9667546

>>9667541
yes, i think the editing wasn't that necessary...

>> No.9667550

>>9667534
Ah. It's the right place to post it, but you generally want to avoid posting yourself or your friends in a place like this. Lots of posters come here for the cringe factor and will tear even good groups apart.

Your friends aren't bad, but they need to practice together more. Everyone knows the dance individually, but some spots are still out of sync. I think practicing as a group, both in front of a mirror and without, would help greatly. They can also afford to be a bit more energetic with their movements, since this is a beginner-level song and it cam look very plain otherwise.

The wigs and outfits look nice (some of the vests are too yellow though, did you all buy them from the same source?), but the makeup is way too much. Remember that they're supposed to be cosplaying young girls who are idols, and idols in Japan tend to go with very natural looking makeup. Sharp wings and Instagram brows don't work with this sort of thing.

Overall it's not bad, and I'll probably follow them, but be careful not to post friends or selfpost here unless you want to see what people think of them unfiltered.

>> No.9667558

>>9667534
While I think you're using too many cuts and different shots, I think this is one of the most good looking idol groups i've seen so far

>> No.9667559

>>9667550
That was very well explained, thanks. I'll probably get in contact with them and give them all these advices. It's ok if people give them critics, they are very good girls and will try their best to improve. When i saw the raws vs the edited version i thought that the editing ruined it a bit... Because it lost the purpose of a "mirror training tutorial", but that's not their fault, it's the editor

>> No.9667562

>>9667558
ye 100% my thought, i didnt make it, it's some guy who makes music videos i guess
>>9667559

>> No.9667626

>>9667534
They have a lot of space, why are they so near? expand it
Also that creepy eye makeup, and some wigs need better cut.. The dance is average.

>> No.9667646

>>9667559

It doesn't need to be a mirrored training tutorial. There are already really good mirrored versions of most LL dances that can be found on Youtube. If they want to have impact, they should try something else. The editing in this video was bad, but in general I prefer the music-video style recordings instead of a static shot, so don't be discouraged from continuing that path.

>> No.9667651

>>9667347

She wrote this herself? I can't tell if her singing is horrifically off key, or if she just has no sense of music and wrote a bunch of awful chords and weird melodies. Or maybe it's both?

>> No.9667666

made a new thread y'all >>9667665

>> No.9669387

>>9666947
I've been wanting to see that for ages but the site I used to get the u's lives from is gone, do you have a link?