[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 203 KB, 1000x667, Baby-The-Stars-Shine-Bright-Fashion-Show-J-Pop-Summit-2015-50.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9611175 No.9611175 [Reply] [Original]

Local comm thread? It's been a while

>> No.9611177
File: 76 KB, 749x1331, IMG_4592.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not directly involving my comm, but last week there was a con in my area. I walked up to a local indie designer's booth where she didn't want photos to be taken which is fine, that's her choice. Now I've found out that she has tracked me down through Instagram and ID'd me as someone who 'took photos anyway', and went to one of the mods of my comm to tell them to do something about it? Note that I haven't posted any images of them or about them, but they are "watching my accounts to make sure that I don't." They've also blocked me on Instagram which is incredibly petty over something that I haven't done.

>> No.9611186

>>9611177

Just fucking say Mulberry Chronicles.

>> No.9611190

>>9611186
I'd rather not be deleted by mods for singling out individuals.

>> No.9611199
File: 839 KB, 500x281, IMG_0559.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9611177
>>9611186
Has this been happening to multiple girls then?

I went to my first comm meet yesterday and it was actually really fun! I kinda surprised myself with how social I was; hopefully I didn't over-talk.
I'm tempted to go to more but it's also a large enough comm that a completely new batch of people might be at the next one. Maybe I just got lucky this time.

>> No.9611215

>>9611177
Wow MC isn't even part of the comm and they don't even wear lolita anymore.

>> No.9611218

>>9611177
Her display was shit anyway. It's been the same for the last 2 fucking years.

>> No.9611239
File: 37 KB, 640x625, wotintarnation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9611177
What the actual fuck.

>> No.9611259

Any tips on dealing with that person who puts themselves as "going" for every single meetup and then cancels at the literal last minute, if that person is a mod? She has a reputation for this and most meet organisers apparently just assume she's not coming even if she promises she will, but I can't help but feel that someone needs to hold her accountable for this kind of flaky behavior. Normally I'd bring this up to a mod, but the only other active mod is a close friend of hers.

>> No.9611635

>>9611199
Congrats on going to your first meet anon! Even if there's new people at the next meet, it should be easy to talk to them too. It's more likely you'll see some familiar faces from the first meet though, there's usually some overlap.

>>9611259
Maybe she feels that as a mod she has to click 'going' to show her support? I don't think there's anything you can really do about it though.

>> No.9611640

>>9611177
Stuff that sort of behaviour, that's atrocious. Glad all my money goes to pepfox instead of that shitty ripoff crap. Running off to the Mods instead of talking to you? What is this, high school?

>> No.9611643

>>9611259
does she have severe anxiety where she wants to go, but then chickens out or something? or is she just flaky for no good reason? maybe confront her about it in a kind way saying it's a bit difficult since it's hard to estimate exactly how many people to prepare for if people cancel. might be hard to do seeing as she's a mod, but nobody should be doing that without good reason.

>> No.9611661

>>9611259
Start making every meetup you host a pre-paid event with no refunds. It will bring her attention to her behavior if she had to attach money to an obligation. People are usually good with this as long as you give enough notice in advance. I usually make a deadline (1 or 2 weeks before the meet) for people to send their paypal info and pay, or I'll list them as "not going."

>> No.9611671

>>9611259
I do this because I really dont know if I can go until the day before but recently I've changed to putting myself on maybe

>> No.9611686

How can I revive a sort of dead comm??

I live in a small country so our comm has never been big, but during its days it had a good amount of activity (10-15 people per monthly meet, again small country). However, it disbanded before I even got in the fashion. Years later and I meet a couple of local lolitas, and we decide to make a brand new comm. I'm one of the mods. We made a facebook group and page, and we have around 30+ people in our group. But they're not active.... at all. The only event we've managed to make this year had an attendance of 4 lolitas. We've tried making more events, but no one shows interest. We would love to make bigger events like fancy tea parties and fashion shows, but how the fuck are we suppose to do that if there's only like 4 active members? Doesn't help that the previous comm that existed here had the reputation of being ita, so that might put off people but damnit I just want a comm big enough to make super cool events jfc

>> No.9611689

>>9611686
Start with quality over quantity. Keep something consistent like a meet every few months or so. Try to pick nice places or even if it's at someone place, put some work into decorating and taking nice photos the day of the meetups. You'll get more people interested when you can show that you have good-looking meet ups.

>> No.9611829

Tips/advise for leaving a comm quietly and successfully? Tried my best to help them but they're terrible, ugly people who refuse to take criticism. They literally use me as a prop and I'm sick of it.

>> No.9611833

can someone post the comm fb list?

>> No.9611834

>>9611833
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evXegSoFbfEXn8o0joeA-KFvolNKPKllgvaYqNgvOiw/edit#gid=1

>> No.9611837

>>9611829
Leave, quietly. Stop going to meets. It's really simple.

>> No.9611844

>>9611837
They all completely fawn over me, stalk my social media, plan meets around me. I've made a huge mistake in getting closer to them in an effort to make them less ita. I should just move away.

>> No.9611890

>>9611844
Just say you have some personal life issues you want to sort out and until then you won't be coming to meets?

>> No.9612143

Has anyone else's local comm been overrun by devilinspired sponsorships? It's hilarious to see these same girls talk shit on anything that isn't burando and as soon as they get offered a free dress, it's all praise and adoration on their Instagrams.

>> No.9612151

>>9611635
Maybe, idk. I think commenting and boosting the event page would be a better way to show support than promising to come when you're not actually planning to.

>>9611643
Several times now she blew off a meet last minute and then posted on social media about having had ~such a good time~ at a neighboring comm's meet that same day so I doubt it's anxiety.

>>9611661
I do this for everything that requires tickets or a reservation but it wouldn't work for anything more casual, like a picnic meet. People would think I'm trying to profit off them. And yeah she puts herself on "going" on ticketed meets too and then ghosts when it's time to pay. There's already plenty of attention on her behavior because like I said she has a reputation for this, but nobody has ever called her out to her face.

>>9611671
Isn't that what the maybe option is for in the first place?

>> No.9612157

>>9611686
Is the facebook group on the comm fb list? That way people can find it on a fb search! If you're a mod, I would recommend planning out a mod-planned meetup each month so there's something solid that each member of the comm can look forward to (museums, restaurants, cafes, picnics, etc as activities). Also host a yearly Lolita 101 panel at your local anime con (or the biggest one in the country) so newbies or lone lolitas can at least know that a comm exists in the area. Have discussion on the latest releases and themes for the season in your comm fb group and possibly host a group order from a brand or taobao. Idk it's hard, but possible to make your comm active again... if one person shows 100% of the effort to get things rolling again, more people will show up hopefully!

>> No.9612191

>>9612143
I see this with so many lolitas I follow on Instagram. They don't even have the decency to mark their pictures as ads or sponsorships, either...

>> No.9612433

>>9612143
I completely understand the thirst for free stuff but I lose a little bit of respect for all the girls shilling this shady company.

>> No.9612440

>>9612143
How can I get a sponsorship?

>> No.9612467

>>9612440
i think you need to have a really large following on lolita related social media accounts to get one, mainly instagram or youtube

>> No.9612476

>>9611186
Aww, this makes me sad. I've bought from her (online) before, and she was really nice. It's disappointing to find out she does stuff like this, without even trying to settle her issues with the individual.

>> No.9612486
File: 10 KB, 204x213, lips.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9611177
>missed out on their navy mushroom dress
>get superior navy mushroom dress from taobao for less than half of MC's
>felt kind of bad
>read this

>> No.9612493

Why did the leeds comm get a special photo at DMC?

>> No.9612512

>>9612467
Not the person who asked the question originally, but how much do you think is "really large"? I've considered asking for a sponsorship too lol

>> No.9612525

>>9612493
Maybe because of Mica?

>> No.9612697

>>9612512
>>9612440
The girls I've seen have all had around 5-10k followers on their IG which is fairly doable if you post often and have a notable style.

>> No.9612703

>>9611177
Having visited their booth before I don't believe this is true at all. Sounds like more vendetta. Someone is always trying to stir up drama about them.

>> No.9612718

>>9612191
Fashion blogs don't mark every photo that they have free clothing in as sponsored, why would lolita bloggers?

Honestly, it's funny to see lolitas get their ruffles in a bundle over stuff like this when it's perfectly normal for normie fashion blogs

>> No.9612721

>>9612143
Don't see the problem with it as long as they aren't lying about anything. People get sponsored and sent free stuff all the time. I kind of think most of the anger is coming from people who didn't get the offer initially.

>> No.9612764

>>9612191
it's usually really obvious. one girl i follow actually said they gave her the dress for free - the others just talked it up a lot like an ad.

>> No.9612821
File: 20 KB, 259x224, 1495223843100.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every now and then, someone asks my com if we should have a com youtube account. In theory it always sounds like a great idea, but us older members always come to the conclusion that it would cause unnecessary drama. I don't know how to talk about it honestly, because I think it's actually going to happen this time. What should I do? Just stay out of it? I want to contribute if it's successful, but all I can think of is it's either going to be cringe and full of bad content because no one can say no to people, or it'll make a youtuber clique in our com and that sounds even worse. Besides Deerstalkers, dose anyone have an experience with this?

>> No.9612869

>>9612703
Given what they did to pepfox, I wouldn't put this past them.

>> No.9612890

>>9612869
What happened?

>> No.9612897

>>9612721

I actually agree with you, but I also think it's a little hypocritical if it came from someone who actively shits on non-burando all the time to turn around and praise some free dress they got just because it was free. It implies you're kinda fake, and can be bought, and not even for a lot -- most taobao dresses are $120-ish from resellers, which isn't even a small fortune.

At least, that's the way I read their original message. Nothing wrong with girls reviewing free stuff, though I do vastly prefer bloggers that state up front which stuff is free and then go on to state both the negatives as well as the positives of the items they're reviewing.

>> No.9612898

>>9612890
MC agreed to be a distributor for PF through her store Chiffon Rose, but as soon as the stock sold out she ditched PF and used the customer base to peddle her MC wares. She's blocked all of PF and their supporters on social media, and for a while during the start of her brand she piggybacked PF's ideas for prints/series.

>> No.9612926
File: 953 KB, 500x281, 1479447164747.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9612703
IDK the owner of chiffon rose/MC is infamous in her ex comm for stirring up drama and overall being a snooty shit. She's certainly not popular or known for her customer service

>> No.9612928

>>9611199
If you're talking about the HFW not a lot of the comm went, its kind of a separate thing to the lolita comm, but run by an unpopular lolita and an ex comm shit-stirrer

>> No.9612931

>>9612898
Oh god, I just thought they were collaborating on stuff this whole time. What a scummy cunt.

>> No.9612978
File: 573 KB, 720x1280, Screenshot_2017-08-28-20-09-14.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey anybody know this chick? She scammed some noob in my comm and judging from her LM account our little nooblet wasnt the first. I was curious if she was maybe in a comm currently, or in the past, if she was booted for scammy behavior, general dirt etc. Thanks.

>> No.9613003

>>9611844
You sound conceited af. I'm pretty sure they will be just fine without you.

>> No.9613021

>>9611177
Welcome to the club.
After the drama, if she deems you too close to the PepFox girls she auto blocks you.
I am good friends with PF but I also had nothing against MC, bought off of her many times and never felt that there was any beef between us.
I remember receiving a newsletter teaser about the cute book print she was doing and was pretty excited for the release. Didnt hear anything more for a few months about release dates and such, only to find out she has removed me from the MC email list and blocked me on all social media including her personal.
Tried to say hi at her booth at a con a while back, and she completly ignored me.
A bit petty in my opinion.

>> No.9613031

Is Portland very active anymore? I see a concert next month I'm not interested in and then Kumoricon. Are there plans for a separate halloween meet?

>> No.9613036

>>9612143
Honestly, I really hate seeing them because I got scammed by that company, and I can't believe them handing out free dresses to people to salvage their shit tier reputation is actually working.

>> No.9613082

>>9613003
If by "doing fine" you mean "regularly getting roasted in the ita thread", then....yeah. They're doing great desu

>> No.9613086

>>9613036
Do you have a blog or another way to get the scam story out there? I totally agree that we shouldn't let them buy their way into more favorable reviews after fucking people over. Knowing companies like this they'll probably continue providing shitty customer service to average customers and then sucking up to people with a large following so that they'll go "Well, they were always really professional with ME!"
I've personally witnessed this with Lockshop (people who didn't receive their wig for many months being silenced and talked over by bffs of the owner who got their wig personally delivered to them) and I'm sure it's a common strategy for other shady shops, too.
As long as your story is only on cgl or places where devilinspired can delete it and block you, people won't see it and it will be inconsequential compared to all the girls saying they got free shit in their popular social media pages. We need a way to boost the signal.

>> No.9613109

>>9612978
Well, shit. I don't know her, but I bought something from her no long ago. I'm so close to opening a PayPal dispute. I had to contact her because she didn't realize the item sold. Then she said it would be shipped last Friday (which was two weeks after contact). No clue if it was shipped or not. Her replies are sporadic as well.

>> No.9613120

>>9612721

I've been working into the blogger world (normie stuff, non-lolita related) for a while and the thing with sponsored items is that the blogger is gonna give a good review to the company (that's why you're giving them free stuff or paying them), but if the truth about the company is that they're shitty, is at the end a type of scam.

Think about what >>9613036 said, poor anon was scammed by this company (and I bet more people has been too), but lots of lolitas don't know this because you normally only see good posts about them with all the free stuff these e-famous lolitas get from them. The ideal thing would be that, if the service or whatever is shitty, they'll be honest and say (is also a way for the company to be a better one), but inside this world is something that doesn't happen that much.

For the rest, collaborating with e-famous people is just another marketing strategy that helps, I don't see it as something bad, just (as I said) I would like people to be honest about it.

>> No.9613128

>>9613086
I get what you're saying, and I did leave a review on one of those review sites, but I don't think there's enough of a story to write a whole blog for it. They did send items out to me, but one of them was the wrong dress and the other item had a rip in it. At first they said they'd replace them, then they stopped replying to emails. I tried to reach out to them on instagram, but they blocked me. I ended up filing a chargeback on my credit card, so I did get my money back in the end.

>> No.9613142

>>9613021
Yep, same thing happened to me except I don't know either of them personally. Maybe she removes you if she sees you wearing Pepfox. She'll only make it easier to not buy from her

>> No.9613158
File: 23 KB, 304x450, 316bfae995c357b92a4efb25161cd174 - Kopie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone here only like parts of your comm?

In my comm, which is pretty scattered over a few cities, everyone is kind of friends with each other and you never really know who will show up to a meet.
One part of it are really lovely ladies with good style, good manners and interesting personalities/lifes. The other part are people who don't really make an effort to look presentable and are kind of embarassing to be around.

I've stopped going to certain meets when too many exhausting people are around. Once there was a meet at a festival where the good people ended up not coming and only the annoying kind were left. I ghosted on them in the crown and just went home. I still feel a little bad about it.

>> No.9613367

>>9612821
Deerstalker only film the same lolitas and they are cliquely too. It's not a comm channel plus they have cashed in to do mainly cosplay stuff now.

>> No.9613375

>>9613021
If MC is doing this to alot of potential customers I am not going to buy from her again. Her dresses are a complete rip off too, just because it's otome doesn't mean that you can charge hundreds of dollars when you're not even an established brand.

>> No.9613397

>>9613367
tbqh it doesn't surprise me, and I honestly don't blame them. it's hard to make quality content AND be the nice kid who invites everyone over to play. there's just too much room for error, and then you have the even worse task of cutting people or telling them what they said or did doesn't fit with the channel.

>> No.9613401

>>9613375
This stuff is bullshit, but their prices are fair. Please don't use bad behavior as an excuse to underpay indie clothing companies.

>> No.9613439

>>9612721
>>9612897
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I don't particularly mind that they got sponsored but it was amusing to see how cheaply they can be bribed to suddenly flip their views on taobao brands.

>> No.9613470

>>9612151
I'm pretty sure we're in the same comm.

>> No.9613666

>>9612151
>>9613470
Which comm?

>> No.9613795

I want to join my local comm to be social but I just get second hand embarrassment from seeing them all spill out of their jsks, curtain-dress handmades and replicas. Not to mention they all act as if sparkles fly out their asses. Is it worth it anons?

>> No.9613835

>>9613666
>666
>wants to get the thread deleted

Seriously guys, stop doing this. We can't have these kinds of threads when you do this.

>> No.9613837

>>9613795
Stay home. You clearly don't want to be social with that kind of attitude. Why not just say what's on your mind since you don't seem to care?

>> No.9613840
File: 205 KB, 1080x1080, C7C35F83-8F81-4365-BD06-39540A43B7D7-717-0000006FEE43BB88.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm moving to France from the US in December. I'll live an hour and a half outside of Paris by train and will be commuting to Paris for school. What is the local comm like in Paris? I've tried to take a look at the comm fb pages but Facebook has been acting crazy lately.

>> No.9613854

>>9613120
>The ideal thing would be that, if the service or whatever is shitty, they'll be honest and say (is also a way for the company to be a better one), but inside this world is something that doesn't happen that much.

I've actually been sponsored by devilinspired in the past and their service was really good, so I didn't know customers were having problems. They should extend the service they have for promotional posts to their actual customers, wtf.

>> No.9613856

>>9613142
I buy both PF and MC a lot and post about them both and have never gotten blocked by MC. She even comments on my photos occasionally.

>> No.9613870

>>9613082
Why the fuck do you care about that if you don't even want to hang out with them? I'm not understanding your issue beyond your clear narcissism haha.
>>9613795
Same goes to you. You guys just sound like you want a reason to complain in order to make yourselves feel like better loltias. Never change. seagulls.

>> No.9613878

>>9613109
From the current circumstances, I would recommend a PayPal dispute. If she has shipped it, a simple tracking number will solve the problem. Depends on if you still want the original item, I suppose, because if she hasn't shipped yet she could decide not to after a dispute is opened.

>> No.9613897

>>9613109
Well apparently she convinced our little nooblet to pay via gift to avoid paypal fees. Ive advised her to contact paypal, stating she is actively trying to avoid paypal fees and hopefully if anything they will fine her up the ass for it, and hopefully if other people step foreward and everyone can recieve refunds from pp. I dia little digging in the comm spreadsheet and it looks like shes apart of the Frilladelphia comm under the first name "Abby".

>> No.9613925

>>9613897
I think you can still do a chargeback for gift payments.

>> No.9613943

>>9613854

Yes, when you're doing a collab or being sponsored, normally the service is not bad (not always, thou), but then regular customers that may order something from that company will have trouble. And the truth is that if they bought because they saw your post, not only the company's reputation will look bad, but also you. That's why I always recommend to people who are gonna be sponsored by some brand to review them before accepting. Yeah, the free clothes or the money sounds great, but let's think about what we're gonna advertise and if it's not a scam for our followers or not. I was also blogging for a while and, as a blogger had some good and bad experiences with brands (some of them quite big). I've seen people having bad experiences even when being sponsored, but they didn't give a bad review so they would maybe get some more freebies in the future. It sucks, but it works like this sometimes.

And yes, the ideal thing would be that every customer receives the same service.

>> No.9613944

>>9613870
They're the ones who were crying about it. I've been posted of course before and it isn't a great feeling, so I definitely sympathized with them. I took the concrit that I got here and haven't been posted since. I tried to give them constructive advice, even gave them old pieces to help their wardrobe. I absolutely wanted to make them look and feel nice so we can hang out and be happy together and enjoy the goddamn fashion but they would rather wallow in self pity and rage on the "racist 4chan nazis". It's really not that hard to understand. I invested time and money into them and I got burned for it, lesson learned, now I want to peace out without getting burned more. Looking for advice or stories from people who have actually managed to leave their comms without causing lots of drama, more specifically people who left comms that had lots of "invisible illness" types that latch on very hard.

>> No.9613954

>>9613944
>I'm better than other people - the paragraph

>> No.9613967

>>9613954
If you're feeling this defensive about somebody else asking for comm stories in a comm thread, you may want to check if you're THAT girl in the comm. :^)

>> No.9614226
File: 54 KB, 540x960, 21192436_10155124770930345_3757428761715747450_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So, this guy (who's apparently "15" but we all know he's lying and very probably a middle aged dude in a basement and also a sissy) is pestering several lolitas on IG.

>> No.9614228
File: 286 KB, 1567x825, 21106619_10154581106897024_4102230952989528119_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9614226
he says really random and weird things to random lolitas

>> No.9614232
File: 144 KB, 994x846, 21151759_480325972324970_2574241834178772843_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9614226
>>9614228
apparently he sent this same message to several girls (at least two have reported). He pretends his mom is forcing him into sweet lolita. Someone found his flickr and tumblr too which are really worrying (just pictures of random women, random lolitas,some little boys in skirts/dresses and some little girls in tutus,ballerinas,...)

>> No.9614234
File: 116 KB, 540x727, 21151188_480328065658094_5809407183079478252_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9614226
>>9614228
>>9614232
and he's also pretending to be this boy which is obviously a random young boy.
I'm getting brolita jenny vibes from this guy but even worse. Everyone blocked him so far but he might prey on underage girls and the like so that's really worrying.

>> No.9614237

>>9613367
That's true, I guess our direction is different to theirs.
>>9613397
I hope people just let it be fun. But also be kind of professional..? I'm asking for too much haha, I'll just have to see how it goes.

>> No.9614240

>>9613031
The kumoricon tea party is taking the place of the Halloween meet, since most people are going to the con

>> No.9614241

>>9613375
>doesn't mean that you can charge hundreds of dollars when you're not even an established brand.
Oh god not this fucking debate again

>> No.9614246
File: 103 KB, 750x1291, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9614228
Oh good so it's not just me

>> No.9614252

>>9613856
Same. I think someone just likes to stir the pot

>> No.9614307

how many of you have traveled to other countries or states and have met with comms in that area, and what were your experiences?

honestly i would love to do this and i was about to meet up with a comm in my europe trip this summer, but timing didn't help. i'm hoping to meet with comms in the states or other parts of latinamerica when i visit certain areas since its so much easier for me (since i do live in the western hemisphere)

>> No.9614311

>>9614307
Comm exchange programs would be really cute for traveling lolitas

>> No.9614324

>>9612928
I...don't think we're talking about the same comm, but thanks for the input!
The only comm drama I remember happening here was back in the glory days of it sweet.
>>9613158
My fears. I have a bad habit of having relatively strong opinions on people, and I'm slightly worried I'm going to meet someone that's going to rub me the completely wrong way. I'll never know unless I try though!

>> No.9614336

>>9614307
I do this whenever I've traveled. I did this for San Francisco, Pittsburgh, London, DC (though I knew local girls there), N. Carolina (though a friend with local connections made the meet for us), New Orleans, and Huntsville. The only time I wasn't able to arrange something was when I visited New York (everyone ghosted on me ;_; ).

Every time (except for New York) has been wonderful and I made friends and still keep in touch with most of them.

London in particular was my favorite cause I got to go to a meet at a goth club in London!!!

>> No.9614373

>>9611177
Stop trying to stir drama, the ineffective blacking out of the name is obviously on purpose. Do you think people don't know who this is?

>> No.9614491

>>9614373
>responding to the first post when the thread has moved on from there
>not stirring drama
Are you new? You can't post full names on cgl.

>> No.9614500

>>9611686
Where are you from anon? Sound like my country too hah

>> No.9614541

>>9614491
First time I've seen the thread, hence my reply. You can ignore it now. If they didn't want to single somebody out they shouldn't have posted their name so obviously. They clearly created the thread to make that post.

>> No.9614617

>>9614240
that's too bad. I wasn't sure about going to Kumoricon, so it ends up being like $100 for a lolita event if you include the con badge.

>> No.9614621

>>9612821
I'm pretty sure your in my comm. I get where your coming from but if we are in the same comm then you know that we are a pretty chilled set of people, so I don't think there is going to be any clique or drama. as for the shitty content, my aim is for it to be good but there is no guaranty. If your really worried about it PM me, i'm the one that started it.

>> No.9614623

>>9613031
I don't know who you are but I wish I did.

I hate that Kumoricon overshadows Halloween now. I want to do actual Halloween stuff, not go to a fucking convention.

>> No.9614683

>>9614228
He messaged me 2 years ago with he same icon and story. How is he still around??

>> No.9615016

my local comm just got BtSSB as a guest for the next convention in town and I'm torn between still doing what I originally wanted to do for the tea party meet at con, and wearing one of my AatP dresses.

It's a Halloween meet so everyone is supposed to dress on-theme but this throws a wrench into everything. I was originally going to do a vampire, but my AatP dresses are pirate and rose/clock themed, respectively.

>> No.9615031

>>9615016
Can you do a rose/clock themed vampire? Seems workable

Better yet pirate vampire

>> No.9615034

>>9614683
He still sends asks to lolitas on tumblr and girls respond to him completely seriously; people give him the time of day, that's probably why he's still around. And considering the fact he's uploaded lolitas' photos on his blog and added his own creepy fetishy captions on them, he's definitely some sort of sissy.

>> No.9615036

>>9615016
rose/clock seems like you could do something vampirish.
I'm still deciding if I want to go. What does BTSSB being there even mean? Misako?
I don't have a BTSSB dress that's easy to make Halloween themed either

>> No.9615042

>>9614226
sage for OT but if you look up his username keri.allen you find a flickr album filled with pics of girls. he probably fantasizes about them all secretly being boys who crossdress or something. it's pretty sick. stay safe and all that.

>> No.9615057

>>9614623
Same, anon. The tea party sounds nice but it's not worth having to pay for con admission plus a ticket for the tea party itself. I remember some people were talking about putting together a separate Halloween meet, but I haven't heard anything else since.

>> No.9615062

>>9612151
>Isn't that what the maybe option is for in the first place?
NTAYRT but most mods assume maybes are only vaguely interested and won't consider them when making reservations etc, since there are often dozens of maybes. For me it's usually like a 70-80% chance I'll be able to make it and only a small chance I'll be called in for work last-minute. Mods know me though.

>> No.9615086

>>9615031
The pirate dress is Kitten's Wonder Night Tea Party though. Kitten vampire pirate seems like maybe a little much.

>>9615036
I had a whole thing going with Holy Lantern though is the thing. I was going to model the coordinate after one of the vampire girls from Magiranger. They're super old school harajuku and I love them.

>>9615057
I'm staffing so it was only the price of the tea party ticket for me.

>> No.9615105

>>9615086
Ah, I see the problem. Idk I would just go with holy lantern. Probably most people in the comm won't have halloween themed Baby or AATP, or already planned something as well.
I have one old school wine BTSSB OP that could be something, but I don't know if I want to try to work with it.
There is a cheap My Sweet Mate Usakumya Trick or Treat skirt on LM cheap right now, but the con pass + ticket + new coord seems a bit much for one event.

>> No.9615109

>>9615042
Yeah, I found his flickr from the rufflechat thread and it's super creepy. His tumblr his full of random women too.
That and the fact that he took a random picture of a young boy and his mother to pretend it's him and his mother is creeping me out so much.

>> No.9615197

>>9614226
>>9614228
>>9614232
>>9614234
JFC can he be reported for spam or harassment or something?

>> No.9615251

>>9615197
I tried to report him for sexual harassment but they reviewed it and did not find him to be breaking any policies. So, I suppose we must all block him.

>> No.9615353

>>9615031
>pirate vampire
A Vampirate?

>> No.9615540

>>9615109
>Yeah, I found his flickr from the rufflechat thread and it's super creepy.

I've dealt with this user before on Flickr YEARS ago and had to block. I uploaded a photo of Kammie that I took from Otakon and the user asked if Kammie was a boy. :////

>> No.9615553

I'm thinking about attending my very first meet soon. Would a meet at a tea room be an okay first meet to go to? Is there any general comm/meet etiquette I should be aware of? I'm kind of nervous about it, and don't want to mess up.

>> No.9615565

>>9615553
general advice
1. follow all normal etiquette rules
2. feel free to talk about lolita things but if someone gets spergy/awkward its best to distance yourself a little bit
3. have fun

thats it really. dont spill shit on peoples burando. a tea house is fine

>> No.9615585

>>9615565

I missed the "spill" in "don't spill shit on people's burando" and I was like "you'd think not shitting on other people's burando would be common sense at this point"

>> No.9615590

I'm trying to plan a picnic meet up.
What are some good activities?
Is it better for people to bring their own food, or is a potluck more appreciated?

>> No.9615592

>>9615590
I personally love potlucks. The few meets I've had with them, they were pretty great. Lots of food variety and gives people with special diets a chance to enjoy and share that about themselves. Try to start people off with some classic picnic food recommendations and tips for packing/transporting food/drink because a lot of people are retarded. Also remind people to bring cute blankets because many will forget, and you want enough ground coverage for both the people and food.

>> No.9615593

>>9615353
anon are you my soulmate

>> No.9615597

>>9613943
I'm one of the people who has been sponsored by DI. I ordered from them as a regular customer before they sponsored me, and had a really good experience. I got my dress very quickly and everything was great. So when they asked to sponsor me, I said yes, but now I feel bad having accepted it knowing that other people have been scammed. Did I just get lucky?

>> No.9615639

>>9615597
I've also had good experiences ordering from them. I've only personally seen complaints from anons. Anyone have blog posts to link?

>> No.9615675

>>people in this thread complain about cons not having good lolita content
>> con gets a lolita brand and people still complain
>> anons not realizing how much money that shit really costs
I swear some people always find something to whine about

>> No.9615729

>>9613967
This is why i hate being a girl
>>9615593
And this is why i don't
>>9614246
God damn it i wish i could slap him on the face
>>9615675
I agree desu but whining is a staple of /cgl/ so

>> No.9615748

>>9615675
fuckin this. I mean, that's the whole reason cons bring in brand. To get more people and make more money. I saved for a higher tier ticket just because I know I'd probably be sad when I see other people getting nice goody bags.

>> No.9615787

>>9615086
>I'm staffing so it was only the price of the tea party ticket for me.
Why did you reply with this like we care that you work there? People are legit talking about how they don't want to go and it doesn't have to do with just price.
Have fun at the con.

>> No.9615791

>>9615540
>tripping for no reason
Tell him you're a man so maybe he'll latch on to you and leave the rest of us alone.

>> No.9615810

>>9615675
The tea party tickets were already on sale before anyone even knew the brands was going to be there. I started the subject yesterday and it was just announced today and the tickets have been listed for sale for awhile.

>> No.9615814

>>9615353
>sudden flashback to an early-2000's era webcomic of the same name I consumed when I was young and had very little taste
That thing was longer than the bible I bet it's still going

>> No.9616071

>>9615791
>Tell him you're a man so maybe he'll latch on to you and leave the rest of us alone.

Nah. I've blocked him a loooong time ago.

>> No.9616181

Are there any lolitas in/near Sault Ste. Marie, ON? I know the Toronto area has a big comm, but it's simply too far for me.

>> No.9616189

>>9616181
Have you asked the neighboring Michigan Comm to see if any UP lolitas live there?

>> No.9616209

>>9616181
There's a few up in the UP anon, are you looking for a few comm members? I also heard one of the well-known Toronto members lives in the Soo. It's my hometown so I'm always really surprised to hear of lolitas who live there.

>> No.9616239

>>9615787

nayrt and I don't even know what con this is about but you sound like somebody who got thrown out of the dealer's hall for ghosting. cut some salt outta your diet and you might lose a little weight~

>> No.9616259

>>9615810
The tickets are cheap for a tea party. Incredibly cheap considering there is a brand guest. I'm taking it you've never been to an AP tea party where you have to buy $150 worth of merchandise to even qualify to purchase a $100 tea party ticket.

>> No.9616267

>>9616239
>cut some salt outta your diet and you might lose a little weight~
but salt is zero-calorie anon

>> No.9616367

>>9614228
Got these messages too, like once a month he says things like "my nephew Jessica thinks I am right in saying I'm a crossdresser. Also that it's my mom's fault, but it's probably for the best."

Glad I'm not the only one haha

>> No.9616373

>>9616367
Wait, this is too funny not to share

>> No.9616377

>>9616367
A few lolitas should say they've told the police and the whole community knows about him. creeps like that are dumbfucks and paranoid. he might believe it and back off

>> No.9616380 [DELETED] 

>>9616259
On TUESDAY when this conversation started there was no brand guest announced and no one knew there would be one, which is when this whole conversation began. So it was expensive for people who didn't want to go to an anime convention because you have to buy two tickets and one if for something you don't want to do.
I haven't seen anyone complaining since the guest was announced. It certainly changes my perspective on it.

>> No.9616386

>>9616239
Nope. I'm only mad because its on Halloween. Did you even read the thread? You don't know what con we're talking about for a reason.
I've never been thrown out of anywhere. I don't care for conventions.
I want celebrate Halloween.

>> No.9616389

>>9616259
On TUESDAY when this conversation started there was no brand guest announced and no one knew there would be one, which is when this whole conversation began. So it was expensive for people who didn't want to go to an anime convention because you have to buy two tickets and one if for something you don't want to do.
There being a brand guest certainly changes my perspective on it

>> No.9616437

>>9616181
There's two, and a small handful in Sudbury. Search Soo Lolitas on facebook

>> No.9616442

>>9616437
*Sault lolita community
>My bad

>> No.9616800

>>9616267

salt makes you retain water anon, it doesn't need to have calories

>> No.9617666

My comm has the even organization skill of a mentally deficient squirrel.

>> No.9617668

>>9617666
Same, anon.

>> No.9617861

>>9617666
at least it has some skill. without me planning shit, my comm would be in a vegetative state.

>> No.9617872

>>9617861
I think it might be time to pull the plug, friend.

>> No.9619122

Does anyone know what happened with the RinRin Sydney tea party? I thought the big meet was cancelled because RinRin couldn't make it, but I saw on instagram that some Sydney folks still got to meet her?
I'm pretty salty and disappointed.. I was looking forward to the tea party but it got cancelled because RinRin "wasn't available", but this was obviously not the case?

>> No.9619132

>>9619122
They didn't get to meet her, they were just taking the piss. She's not in Australia at all due to issues with the organisation bringing her over.

>> No.9619135

>>9619132
(cont.) Also the issue was between the organisation and her manager so the sydcomm mods didn't really have a say in it.

>> No.9619138

>>9619132
>>9619135
Thanks for clearing that up! I feel slightly better about it now.
Hopefully there will be another chance to meet her, I am such a big fan.

>> No.9619147

>>9619122
Post pics anon or it didn't happen.

>> No.9619156

>>9619138
Yeah we're pretty bummed too, maybe one day we'll get a brand to come over... it's a shame.

>> No.9619191

>>9619138
>Hopefully there will be another chance to meet her, I am such a big fan.
She was a no-show in London too, expect to be disappointed when you meet your idol.

>> No.9619209

Girls in my comm keep inviting me to like their "public figure" pages on FB and it's so weird to me. All of them are still in school and their only schtick is that they wear lolita. None of them are artists or anything like that. Is this common in other comms?

>> No.9619290

>>9619209
I haven't seen lolita friends do this, but girls who are into decora and fairy kei seem to do that shit a lot. I don't really get it. Unless you are a well-known figure in the fashion, it just comes off as attention-whoring.

>> No.9619301

>>9619209
I guess they might be using a fake name to avoid work finding them and therefore not be able to communicate through a profile like a normal person. Kinda like cosplayers do.

>> No.9619341

>>9619290
I agree, which is why I asked. They're not designers, models, spokespeople or anything, they're just people who wear the same frilly clothes as the rest of us so what makes them public figures? idgi

>>9619301
Most of them use their real name, and the one girl with the kawaii desu pseudonym likes the page with her main account which also has her real name. I'm personally using a fake surname on FB because I don't want coworkers or people I know from elementary school to find me, and I have no problem using a regular profile. Aren't the profiles cosplayers use just fan pages? It makes sense for cosplayers, not so much for lolitas. Unless they're trying to get e-famous, I guess.

>> No.9619405

>>9619341
Might be due to Facebooks crack down on fake names?

>> No.9619518

>>9619209
It's kinda for efamous sponsorship stuff eventually... if you actually like their coord, it's fine to follow like I like one of my friend's fb page? Otherwise, most of the time it doesn't really matter.

>> No.9619535

>>9619518
Likes and liked posts on like pages are public, posts on friend's personal pages shouldn't be. I won't like lolita-related pages because it'll show up on my normie friends' news feeds when they don't give a shit about it.

>> No.9619612

>>9612493
Enough of them go to the big events and they plan out a time to take a comm photo

>> No.9619735

>>9612493
What >>9612525 said, Mica was organising it as part of her role as Leeds mod, not as an organizer of DMC.

Other comms with a lot of attendees tend to organise photos as well, I think NW did one last year.

>> No.9623337

>tfw your once super great comm is now full of itas and normies
>tries to hosts meets, only two people go
>all the great old people don't go to meets or moved

I swear the facebook group is basically full of high schoolers or moms who invite us to their children's birthday parties like we're party princesses or something. I don't even see most of these people at cons nevertheless actual meets. How does one revive a comm?

>> No.9623895

>>9623337
Get moderatorship and delete all those people, then start hosting again. If admins are dead you might have to make a new comm.

>> No.9626536

I am so done with some of my fellow comm members. If you voted on a date, then come to the meet on that date as well. There are people who really wanted to go, but now couldn't because you voted a different date.
A lot of the members should also learn to be more timely with saying if they come or not. The organizers want to know how many people are going to attend a meeting. A maybe doesn't anything to them, unfortunatly in my community a going doesn't say anything either. You either can and want to come or you don't. I know bad stuff happens, but the mayority of the people who cancel/say they'll go but don't show up/don't report if they will come, already knew that they were going or not before the weekend of the meeting. Some even dare to cancel without reason during the meet itself!
I am so done with my comm, I completly understand why people do private meets with only their friends. End of rant.

>> No.9626548

Every guy in my comm is such a problem person. They need to learn how to act normal. Every time a man joins the comm I dread the drama they will bring.

>> No.9626567

>>9617861
This is what happened to my old comm. I moved and the girl who insisted on taking over ended up hosting a single meet in the last year. She claims to have gotten busy with work but won't allow people to host their own meets

>> No.9626568

>>9626548
God, same. The one brolita in the comm who isn't a creepy weirdo keeps INVITING creepy weirdoes, which is actually worse because nobody holds him responsible or tells him to cut it out. He's so desperate to not be the only brolita but inviting sissies into the comm is not a solution, dude.

>> No.9627669

Is there a way to force the creator of a facebook group to hand over adminship? The person who started our group no longer lives in the country and doesn't wear lolita anymore, but trying to get her to hand over the reigns is like squeezing water from a stone. The community is decently active and has several hundred members, so abandoning that group and starting a new one is too drastic.

>> No.9627691

>>9626568
Has he done that more than once? Anon, please. You and your comm have to stop being doormats. Make him cut that shit out or kick him out of the comm.

>> No.9627805
File: 100 KB, 745x960, 21317737_1406129602842163_935836526325331416_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone watching this shitshow going down in the Toronto comm? Going to drop off a few caps for posterity since the organizer likes deleting things.

>> No.9627996

>>9627669
Milwaukee?

>> No.9627999

>>9627805
all i saw was the organizer freaking out because blog.to was advertising the event to the public without permission and now shes worried 600 people are going to show up when it was meant to be more "comm only"

>> No.9628002

>>9627999
I don't think that was the organizer, I think that was the affiliate (Toronto Harajuku Style).

>> No.9628086

Is anyone else just like...sick of their comm? I don't want to move to a new place and I do want to hang out with established lolitas as well as meet new ones but I'm just so done with my group of local folks. It's split between an older crowd (closer to my age; they dress well and some were efamous at one time but they're really clique-y for the most part and not the friendliest people so I don't really enjoy spending time with them) and a younger crowd (who I really don't have much in common with interestswise or personalitywise and I'm considerably older). I have two friends in my comm but they rarely care to attend meets so when I do go it's usually just forced small talk for me so I go less and less. I used to bring my exhusband to all meets just so I'd have someone to talk to if no one was there I wanted to befriend or talk with but we're not together anymore and my new partner doesn't care to go. I'm not usually someone who struggles to make friends and I don't have social anxiety. I'm just grumpy.

>> No.9628109

Just had to change meetup venue because the place we were going had vegetarian options but not vegan, even though the vegan members assured me it would be okay. It's this weekend and been booked for ages. These are the same comm members who wouldn't move their asses to bother hosting a meetup, and the same who kick up a fuss and loudly proclaim "OH I CAN'T EAT ANY OF THIS WAHH" when we have casual picnics. Bring your own food and host your own meetups. I'm sick of this. It's a fashion club not a veg society.

>> No.9628122

>>9628109
dude just dont change it? release a "sorry but youre welcome to the next meet :')" type statement
like fug if you dont want dairy just ask for no feta on your greek salad

>> No.9628141

>>9627999
>>9627805
Oh man. Considering recent involvements with Vice.ca , how often does this kind of thing happen? I'd love to visit Toronto next spring, maybe have tea at the Winsor Arms and/or stroll around Casa Loma (if it's not too touristy), but I'd hate to end up in someone's publicity stunt.

Btw, how often do the Toronto lolitas meetup at that tea room? I'd hate to plan something that's been done too many times (though, I guess I'm cool with going with a smaller group of mutual friends).

>> No.9628150

>>9628141
It doesn't. Most people know better than to make an even public. It isn't like vice did much here. But you are going to get pictures of yourself in places like Casa Loma. Touristy places are the worst.

We have a lot of tea areas so we don't go there that often. If you want to do both a tea and Casa Loma, keep in mind the distance between them. You likely want to do something closer together.

>> No.9628155

>>9628141
Thankfully this kind of thing doesn't happen often. Most of the comm events are really small and private. And nobody really plans comm meets at Windsor Arms anymore so go right ahead. There hasn't been a comm high tea since last year iirc so it doesn't even matter if you pick somewhere that everyone's been to.

>> No.9628307

>>9628150
>>9628155
Thanks, gulls. Yeah, I've had bad experiences with touristy places and lolita in the past, so I figured as much. I was thinking about doing a possible bike tour for Casa Loma anyway.

Any other good tea spots and must-sees in the area? I don't care too much for museums since I doubt I'll have a lot of time to devote to them. I'm also a /mu/tant, so good music venues and record stores might be on my list.

>>9613158
Kinda. Thankfully, the interesting members (whom are generally older) actively attend meets and the awkward teens/newcomers barely do.

I feel bad for some of the latter half because some of us have known each other for years and often hang outside of lolita, and I don't want the awkward newcomers to feel left out, and yet, (and I hate to say this) my social anxiety makes it hard to engage in small talk sometimes.

I really appreciate the extroverts/education majors in my comm for noticing and helping out, even if the conversation tone tends to be
ohthatnice.jpg

>> No.9628314

>>9628086
You don't have to go to meetups if you don't want to, they're social outlets for the comm to interact with one another but if you don't get along with most members and don't have fun at meetups then just hang out with the people you do like. Since they don't attend meetups either this should be easy enough for you.

>> No.9628384

>>9627669
My comm has a similar issue but other mods are active. She doesn't even wear lolita. She legit never has. Came to a meet once 4 years ago.

>> No.9628470

>>9627691
Yeah, idk where he keeps getting them from. Anime cons? Online groups? Either way, every other meet I see him at he's invited along someone who doesn’t even wear lolita so they’re borrowing one of his pieces or they’re just wearing generic weebgear. Not all of them are predatory, but they’re all clearly off in some way. They’re the kind of people that throw up flashing red flags for every woman with any kind of life experience but he’s oblivious to that. He’s a nice guy who means well, but he’s very naïve.
I’m not a mod or close enough to him to call him on this but I really wish someone would. I’ll probably bring it up to a mod next time it happens.

>> No.9628491

>>9611686
I know your pain. My comm is in a lovely country in the Balkans, and we have aprox. 4 members that can dress, and another 4 that cannot. It is comforting to know there are other countries with such an non existent comm as ours, because I've been feeling like we are the worst.

Sorry for your comm anon, maybe try "advertising" on local anime/comic cons by appearing in your best lolita gear. Or try attending more generic J-Fashion groups, to garner interest.

>> No.9628516

>>9628314
That's not the point though--I want to spend time with a large group of lolitas and meet new friends. Just not this group. A group of three people I already know is fun, but is different than a large, diverse meetup. I'm half tempted to just drive to a meet in a nearby state where I don't know anyone and no one knows me.

>> No.9628520

>>9628470
This describes the brolita in my comm perfectly. He keeps bringing weird people who don't even wear lolita or general weirdos who try the comm out with him. I am guessing people don't want to lecture him about it because all other brolita have been creeps and he is the only non-creepy brolita so lecturing him comes off as being against brolitas in general in a way. Which sucks because he is also loud and obnoxious which is something he really needs to work on fixing.

>> No.9628555

>>9628520
Maybe we're talking about the same guy, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were multiple comms with this problem.

>> No.9628641

>>9628516
You're just being picky about who you make friends with. Technically everyone does this. Congrats. You're actually a normie.

>> No.9628647

>>9628555
My comm has a loud brolita that brings questionable friends as well. Really curious right now if we are from the same comm. I'm in Europe.

>> No.9628712

Anyone know how the Boston community is? Like worth interacting with or not?

>> No.9628720

>>9628647
I think so. Last weekend we had a beginner meet, right?
Are you >>9628647, too?

>> No.9628723

>>9628647
>>9628720
durrr I mean >>9628520

>> No.9628736

>>9628720
Yes. That's the meet.
I only posted >>9628647.
But the friends he brought were a... little special so to say. I was doubting if I should post about them, but this is the exact cringe /cgl/ likes and it is not as if half our comm is on /cgl/ anyway..

One was a textbook ita
>badly dyed blue streak in her long, shapeless hair
>doesn't own brand yet but "really likes the fashion"
>already a self-proclaimed expert on the fashion, trying to lecture me
>wearing a horrible black x white dress she handmade from her sisters halloween costume iirc
>kept fishing for praise from me for her badly sewn "costume"
>couldn't shut up about cosplaying
>wore literal panda ears
>kept pushing me to add a tail to my coord because it would be kawaii

Other friend he did deck out in burando, that was nice of him.
>Shy transgender
>So shy she had to whisper to everyone, including the waitress
>hugging poor usakumya-chan so tightly the whole meet it died from suffocation
>hair covering face for the first 80% of meet
>despite being borrowed burando, didn't bother to wear shoes that weren't sneakers
>can't participate in a conversation, probably not even when you put a firearm on her head

So yeah. One way to loud and out there, other one way to shy. I hope shy girl improves though, she seemed nice.

>> No.9628739

>>9628720
I am in the European comm that had a beginnermeet last weekend and I don't see the problem with him. That meet was the first time he brought people with him, which is logical since it's a beginner meet.
I also don't think he is loud or annoying, or am I missing something? In the past I have heard people complain about the brolita's in our comm, but he is nice. There were some other nice ones as well, also two creepy ones. (Although one of those two was an Aristocrat and the other one wasn't a brolita technically.)

>> No.9628743

>>9628739
It is not the first time he brought people along. At one meet he brought someone not into EGL at all, without even mentioning it upfront.
I think he is a little loud, but not too bad. However it would grace him to be or take stuff a little more serious at times. He is known for being a sloppy meet organiser.

All of the aristo's I've met I did like.

>> No.9628745

>>9628736
lol the panda lectured you on lolita? I'm so sorry, anon.

>>9628739
I never thought the aristocrat was creepy. Yeah he's a lot older than the rest of us, but he wouldn't be at meets if not for his wife.

>> No.9628749

>>9628745
They are definitely not talking about the husband, he is fine. There was another one once who was creepy. I wasn't around at that time but I have definitely heard of him.

>> No.9628752

>>9628745
I don't think the one I mean has a wife, or at least he didn't go to meets with his wife. He was with a friend, who is kind of off as well. He didn't show up at a lot of meets, but I had him on FB. He was creepy, don't have him in my list anymore, but he is still in the comm. The one with the wife is fine.

>> No.9628756

>>9628749
>>9628752
Oh okay good! That really confused me for a moment. I don't know who the creepy aristo is.

>> No.9628837

I have lots of trouble finding lolitas in my country (France). Is there any online comm or something ?

>> No.9628839

>>9628837
There should be at least 5 French comms online (at least what's on facebook) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evXegSoFbfEXn8o0joeA-KFvolNKPKllgvaYqNgvOiw/edit?usp=sharing

>> No.9628906

>>9627669
I would explain it just like you told us, it's all reasonable points. Nicely call her out and be like "Can you tell me why you are you hanging on this this when it's negatively affecting the comm and you're not present?" You're probably going to have to be politely aggressive, and if it doesn't work, start over fresh, even if it's inconvenient.

I hate it when mods are more concerned with having the mod status than doing what is better for the comm.

>> No.9628919

>>9628086
I feel you anon, I just moved cities and the majority of my new comm are high schoolers who are too 'broke' to spend a 5 buck entry fee (while wearing brand...). I graduated uni and have a full time office job, rent, bills, etc, and it's hard to find things in common to talk about

I meshed with my old comm way better and feel like my brain is melting listening to highschool woes for hours on end

>> No.9628920

>>9613840
join the street fashion europe (sfe) and french cafe pages anon.

>> No.9628934

>>9628712
Boston comm member here. We're pretty chill, we do meetups mostly in the Boston area with a few in Salem or elsewhere. No one here is looking for efame so if that's what you're after you need to look elsewhere. Similarly if you're looking for OTT looks we don't usually do that unless its ILD. Finally if you're looking for drama it's not welcome here and several of us will call you out on it.

But, if you're looking for a group of people to just hang out in lolita, try new food, watch movies, even go on trips (we had a beach trip recently) they I say give us a shot. I will also add that I don't think our comm is particularly worth it if you're coming in from out of state or not in the immediate Boston area. Turn out for non-Boston events tends to be lower and again, we're not high-tea and AP events like NYC and SF comms.

>> No.9628937

>>9628934
Typo. *Then I say

>> No.9629004

>>9628736
What is it with the itas in the comm being the most vocal about giving crit? The one in our comm has one brand dress and everything else is bad handmade, for a total of 5 dresses. Comments on every single person's outfits while no one says anything about her shitty sewing.

>> No.9629203

There's a girl in my comm that tries to recruit people into her iPhone scalping "business" every time a new phone comes out.

>> No.9629211

>>9629004
unsolicited concrit requires someone to care too much and be lacking in self-awareness

>> No.9629215

>>9629211
so all of cgl?

>> No.9629221

Just moved back home after college and I'm a little hesitant to join the big comm here. Lots of people with great style and people with a ton of Instagram followers. Trying to find a much more local comm but I'm coming up short

>> No.9629227

>>9614623
How about you organize a Halloween meetup then?

>> No.9629230

>>9629227
because everyone is going to the con and and the people in this thread who said they weren't into the idea are just pissed about ticket prices and won't reveal who they are anyway.

I'm just gonna dress up and watch good horror movies with my boyfriend because most people I know are too fucking pussy to watch any decent horror that isn't shaky cam garbage.

>> No.9629257

>>9628086
I am, so I left my comm. I would rather be a lonelita than put up with being around them at meets, and desu if I wanted to go somewhere with a bunch of lolitas then I can just organise a private meet with my friends.

>> No.9629379

>>9629004
I literally stopped being friends with the only other lolita in my city because shes ita but also a huge cunt. two dresses one was a GIFT from me and all she can do is talk shit about my outfits. i want to post her all over the ita threads but shell know its me and talk shit to the out of town comm i visit twice a year for events...

>> No.9629383

>>9629230
Are you new the comm? It used to be pretty standard for people to organize free alternative meets when there was a big expensive one. If you made a post I'm sure others would be into it.

>> No.9629385

>>9629383

Except the people organizing free "alternative" meets directly opposite the expensive ticketed meets were usually doing it to be passive-aggressive shitstains to the people organizing the ticketed meets. Everyone knows our comm is cheaper than rubbing two sheckles together to make a fire, so it's the perfect way to take attendance away from the paid meetup and cost the organizer a bunch of money in lost ticket sales.

>> No.9629389

>>9629221
just join and love yourself. popular people are people too and not all of their outfits are going to be insane ott. theyll wear casual with you to a cafe and youll have wonderful conversations and realize it was worth getting the courage up.

>> No.9629395

>>9629221
Meet up with the big comm, if you make friends there or find people more local to you, then you can ask them to hang out in a smaller setting.

>> No.9629399

>>9628839
Thank you !

>> No.9629443

>>9629004
They know they're not "true" lolitas so they compensate by roleplaying as a lolitist online and, if they're socially stunted enough, in person. From what I've seen, the louder someone is about high standards and quality the more likely they are to be ita as fuck. Or maybe it's the Dunning-Kruger effect, idk.

>>9629215
You're not wrong.

>> No.9629611
File: 85 KB, 539x697, keri.allen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9614226
>>9614228
>>9614232
>>9614246
Glad I'm not alone, just recieved my first message from him

If you respond with pretty much anything other than what he wants to talk about, he'll be suspcious and stop responding. He probably has enouch experience of being reported to know how to avoid breaking the ToS in this way.

>> No.9629661

>>9629385
A free meet has never screwed over an organizer planning a ticketed meet. The people who go to the free meets either couldn't afford a ticket or couldn't get one since they had sold out already. How many sold out $50-$80 meets does the comm need to have to in order to shake the cheapskate reputation it used to have?

>> No.9629671

>>9629385
And this is why I'm celebrating Halloween without the comm.
My reasons are only to celebrate the holiday. Not to split the comm over money. I could've totally afforded a ticket and gone but I don't care about an anime con enough to spend the money and its on my favorite holiday.

Think of it this way. If a con was on your birthday and its main focus wasn't something you're interested in, would you go?

>> No.9631189
File: 52 KB, 341x353, 1411354146382.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9629611
lmao, that response.

>> No.9631376

>>9628736
I felt bad for the shy girl, she seemed really sweet when I talked to her. I hope she'll feel more confident next time.

>> No.9634662

>>9628934
I'm moving to a new england state in October and am glad for this information since the comm in the state I'm moving to is an ita dumpster fire. Thanks, anon!

>> No.9634981

>>9629203
Anon you can't just drop something like that without deets, that sounds bizarre.

>> No.9634983

Is Street Fashion Europe dead? There hasn't been a FB post since Eurovision (or just after) and there's been no announcement for any event next year yet.

>> No.9635031

My local comm is starting to die off because nonstop drama. I'm thinking about making a new community and hoping for a fresh start. Can anyone give me some tips or advice on starting up a new comm?

>> No.9635040

I'm going to Yorkshire until next year, is the community active?

>> No.9635047

>>9635031
How would that help? Wouldn't that create drama?

>> No.9635070

>>9635031
You're better off just arranging as much stuff as possible within the already existent comm, and getting others to do the same. Lead by example.
Starting a new comm just comes off as cliquey and never works

>> No.9635356

>>9634662
Which state? CT's used to be good before all of the veterans went off to make Rufflecon. RI's is small, but usually solid. Have no idea about any of the northern New England states.

>> No.9635372

>>9634981

As far as anyone can tell she gives people a portion of the profit for allowing her to use their address to game Apple's per-customer limit on new iPhones. She's apparently scalping them in China or something, she tried to send an internet army after some local dude (not affiliated with the comm) last year because he tried to "scam" her out of a couple phones. She's super into it, to the point where she was apparently in line at an Apple store at last year's release trying to buy people's raffle spots so she could get her friends to take their place and buy her more phones to scalp.

The weird thing is that she likes to talk about it to people like she's a self-employed and empowered female business entrepreneur, when she's basically just bribing people to help her pull one over on Apple.

>> No.9635609

>>9635040
there's a very active Leeds comm, York is less active but it's still there

>> No.9635884

>>9635372
I know who you're taking about. she definitely brags about it too and has no shame. It sucks because she's a nice girl but like, I don't want to be associated with someone like that. Get a job like normal people

>> No.9636235

>>9634983
Could someone answer this because I'm curious as well...

>> No.9636241

>>9636235
I've asked in a few threads and I don't want to be really annoying but it's worrying after seeing the TPC disband. I've never gotten to go to an SFE event and I was hoping to finally do it in 2018.

>> No.9636312

>>9636235
How can we know unless SFE says something?

I honestly think they may chill a bit, at DMC it still sounded like a thing you can go to. But if they want to wait a bit, calm down on the hassling. Tpc disbanded because you guys were putting a lot of pressure onto the team..,don’t ruin it wit this.

>> No.9636322

>>9635609
Thank you, I will try to find them on Facebook.

>> No.9636325

>>9636312
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off as pressure. I hope it doesn't sound like entitlement to an event or anything, just really curious about whether or not anything will be happening. On the other hand, if they need to take a break for a year or anything like that, they've more than earned it.

>> No.9636344

>>9636312
Unless if this person was PMing their inbox with the same question over and over, then I don't see this as hassling. Usually the would announce something by now and literally nothing has been said. People like to get their travel arrangements done ahead of time and it would be great if they would at least make an announcement whether it be a yes or a no.

>> No.9636374

>>9628141
Honesty, a lot of tea places in Toronto charge regardless of whether or not the number of reservees attend, so I would be weary of that. I’ve attended teas before in which someone doesn’t show up despite RSVPing and the person running it has to front their part. Other than that, a visitor hosting a tea sounds really fun and I would definitely be down to join. You should prob get payment up front tho.

>> No.9636441

A mod in my local comm is hosting a statewide lolita event but they're already out of tickets. I wanted to go but I had to wait until payday. It sucks a little, but I didn't think they had a lot of tickets to begin with.

>> No.9636446

>>9636374

Thanks for the heads up. I prefer that kind of system.

I've had that experience at a tea house before. Needless to say, I haven't gone back to that place in particular, the person who bailed last minute no longer wears lolita, and now there are rules in place about payment at meets and GOs.

>> No.9636596

>>9636322
Oh forgot to say theres also a Sheffield comm. If you have trouble finding any of them post in UK lolitas (formally tpc)

>> No.9636616

>>9628086
So I'd love to talk about the main issue of your post but every time I try to read it I get stuck at this part that says you brought your ex-husband along and I can't get past it.
There is no way there is not a story there, so you've gotta share. That is not the kind of thing you can just off-handedly mention and not give details on, seriously.

>> No.9636715

>>9636616
we were married
now that we're not married i don't bring him because we broke up

>> No.9636737

>>9636344
This. I usually like to go to one overseas event a year and I want to know if I should hold out for SFE to announce something or if I should check out some smaller events. Hope everything is okay with them though

>> No.9636777

Is there just one comm for arizona (the one linked on the google doc?). Are they active or is it more private events only with the occasional post about conventions and big events? Im likely moving to tucson soon.

>> No.9636799

>>9628934
good to know! I live far away, but I visit Boston really often because family lives there. I might the comm up sometime I'm in town.

>> No.9636911

>>9636715
He cheated on you, didn't he?

>> No.9636960

Gulls,a couple of questions for all of you.
1.which substyle is more prominent in your comm?
2.does your comm usually do "academical" and "refined" stuff like visiting museums,historical places and such?

>> No.9636970

>>9636960
sweet>gothic>classic
2010 sweet still just about beating modern sweet

yeah, we visit museums and stuff quite a bit, since they're free and a lot of the comm like that sort of thing.

>> No.9636976

>>9636960
1. Sweet is the most popular
2. My comm is very large, so public meets are not held in museums and historical places. But small cliques (4~6 girls) that will have private meets at such places.

>> No.9636977

>>9636976
*But there are

>> No.9636983

>>9636960
1. Sweet>Gothic>Classic
2. People suggest it but there aren't a whole lot of museums in my small city and whenever we look at the one big art museum there's uninteresting exhibits on. There have been ballet meets in the past though.

>> No.9636986

>>9635372
That sounds kinda cool though, aside from the bragging part.

>> No.9637001

>>9636960
Classic > Sweet > Gothic
Only sometimes

>> No.9637010

>>9636715
Wait so he's your ex now, but wasn't at the time?
Way less interesting than I expected desu.

Also, good on you for pushing those divorce rates up and doing your part for the decline of our civilization.

>> No.9637011

>>9636960
I hope you know that by using non-words like "academical" you sound pretty "retardedical"

>> No.9637012

>>9636960
>hometown comm, 5 members
1. Everyone wears Sweet, I wear Classic occasionally
2. There's no such things here. It's a small town that's not even a hundred years old. All the tourist attractions are nature related so it's not lolita friendly at all.

My new comm is pretty big, but I just moved so I can't really answer.

>> No.9637016

>>9637010
>>9637011
Oooh we have a badass over here.

>> No.9637022
File: 223 KB, 474x530, Hurr durr durr durr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9637016

>> No.9637054

>>9637022
take your pick
>>>>>/r9k/
>>>>>/pol/

>> No.9637375

>>9636777
If you are moving to Tucson, that is pretty much your only option. We are active, having something planned almost every month. Anyone is open to host a meetup. There are stuff happening in both Phoenix and Tucson, so there is usually a carpool to the other place.

>> No.9637402

>>9636777
Arizona lolita here! There's meets at least once per month with the occasional private (birthday) meetup up here and there. It's also fairly common for lolitas living in Phoenix to drive to Tucson and vice versa.

>> No.9637770

>>9636960
1. Sweet is the most popular in my comm, Classic is probably second most popular.
2. We try to have refined meets, but only a handful show up. We've all gotten tired of going to museums.

>> No.9637777

>>9636960
1. Sweet>OTT classic>gothic - However, sweet is easily 3/4 of the comm. The rest is OTT classic and is rounded out with several dedicated gothic lolitas.
2. We have a nice mix of teahouse, museum, fancy events and outdoors meets. It's a cliquey, young comm but at least the events are good.

>> No.9637779

Can anyone tell me about non-Boston new england comms? I'm going to vacation in Vermont next summer and am looking for some groups to meet with (especially for ILD).

>> No.9637780

>>9636960
1. Sweet. Some of the older girls have tried moving on to classic but it hasn't really stuck.
2. Not really because those things cost money and the younger members would rather spend it somewhere else.

>> No.9637788

>>9636960
>1.which substyle is more prominent in your comm?
I'd say it's an even split between sweet and gothic.
>2.does your comm usually do "academical" and "refined" stuff like visiting museums,historical places and such?
Maybe one or two a year. Most of the museums in our city are free and actually good, so if we want a low-cost and high enjoyment meet we usually go to a free museum and then for casual lunch after.

>> No.9637807

>>9637779
What? There are places in New England that aren't Boston?!

>> No.9637823

>>9637779
CT lolita here. I know that Vermont and New Hampshire have a combined comm, but I have no idea how active they are. Most of the NH lolitas that I know of just go to Boston meets. I believe Maine has a comm or two but again I don't know how active they are.
CT and RI's comms are very hit or miss. A lot of the older CT girls basically put everything they have into Rufflecon and don't go to public meets anymore. RI comm started as a bunch of friends from high school wearing lolita together so a lot of their meets are private too. Western Mass is currently pretty dead as a lot of people moved, but there have been people trying to bring it back.

>> No.9637825

>>9636960
1) Sweet. There's only a handful of classic and gothic lolitas in the comm

2) Yes, mostly because they're affordable/free which works great for the mostly young members, and it's something Lolita friendly to do in a mostly rural comm.

>> No.9638031

>>9637779
>>9637823
Most of them are dead or barely active like the CT lolita said. It's to the point that although what >>9637807 said was in jest, it might as well be true.

>> No.9638038

>>9637823
>Most of the NH lolitas that I know of just go to Boston meets
This. The Boston comm has members from Rhode Island and New Hampshire that regularly attend meets, and sometimes Maine as well.

>> No.9638041

>>9638031
I ain't even a loli, I just had to shitpost about it. That attitude is a universal thing in Massachusetts and New England at large, not just for gulls. The whole universe circles the Boston Commons as far as people around here are concerned.

>> No.9638206

>>9638041 >>9638038 >>9637807
CT lolita again
It doesn't help that Providence is really the only other nice major city to have lolita meets.Springfield, Worcester, and Hartford are pretty shitty.
Southwestern CT people just go to NYC meets anyways. As much as I love Rufflecon, I personally believe it killed off a lot of the southern NE comms especially CT. It's sad. I hate being a lone lolita, but Boston is an hour and half away from me so getting up there for meets is hard.

>> No.9638219

>>9638206
As someone from the place, trust me, Springfield is too gritty anyway. It's not a bad city per se, but it doesn't fit the aesthetic at all.
My slacker chic look fits right in tho

>> No.9638278

is anyone else in a comm where there are always moms? so many girls in my comm bring their moms to meets and it's not just the super young ones either

one mom dresses in lolita sometimes but she's the most insufferable one by a long shot so it doesn't really help

>> No.9638286

I thought I was the only one...

>> No.9638289

>>9638286
>>9638278

Sorry, didn't link it properly, I'm a dumbass

>> No.9638308

>>9638278
That sounds kind of irritating in a way.
I mean, in makes sense if someone is like... 14 or something, but if they're like 16+ isn't it normal to keep your time away from your parents as precious? Like... teenagers want to be apart from their parents in general.

>> No.9638312

>>9638278
I remember when I was a younger (16ish) my dad would bring me to meets, but he wouldn't stay around. He'd go off and do his own thing. If they're sticking around that's kinda weird.

My comm seems to have the opposite problem. Mom lolitas bringing their young children to meets. We had one lady bringing their 2 year old to meets. There's another lady who every year invites the lolita comm to her daughter's birthday so her daughter doesn't feel like she doesn't have friends.

>> No.9638319

>>9638312
I mean... if you've got a daughter who feels like she lacks friends... shouldn't you be like... taking her to play groups and/or supporting her in finding hobbies she can use to connect with others, depending on her age?
I don't want be the one to say this with only secondhand information but she sounds kinda selfish.

>> No.9638350

>>9638319
I don't know the lady personally, but I know people in her social group. They all homeschool their children despite only having high school diplomas/geds because schools and day care groups would require their children to be vaccinated. I guess this lady's daughter is homeschooled and has some type of mental disability (autism maybe?) so the only way for her 8 year old daughter to have people to come to her birthday party is to post it on a lolita comm page. It's honestly pretty sad.

>> No.9638358

>>9638350
Ugh, anti-vaccers...
That drives me nuts, because there are genuine concerns that should be raised about how vaccinations are produced, handled, quality checked, etc. Vaccines DO kill people, and more than you'd expect... but these clowns always go for the wrong thing.

Homeschool is kind of a good idea though. The leftypol-tier propaganda in school these days is disgusting desu.

>> No.9638491

>>9638350
>>9638358
>wont vaccinate kids cause "muh autism"
>kid already has autism
>parent is probably retarded too tbt

>> No.9638529

>>9638312
As a lolita with a child, I can't imagine bringing her along to meets that aren't child-specific. I get that childcare issues happen and sometimes you have to schlep little one to places/events you might not normally... but, for me, a lolita meet would not be one of those events.

>> No.9638542

>>9638491
I mean... don't ask me, gull. It's not my kid.
I know vaccines don't CAUSE autism because that's not how autism works at all, but I knew someone who got a bad batch of vaccine because it was mishandled and then passed the inspection somehow anyway. Ended up hospitalized because of some kind of... I think it was heavy metal poisoning.

So y'know.
As a society we probably do need to have "the vaccine talk"... but just not the one these people think. The studies on mishandled, spoiled and mis-manufactured vaccines are scary.

>> No.9639453

>>9638542
>these people

Please don't use that term. It's very rude and insulting.

>> No.9639478

>>9639453
literally what

>> No.9641702
File: 188 KB, 500x375, 1370158043318.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9639453
At least you say please but, please, kindly fuck off.

>> No.9641978

>>9627805
Why did I read the poster with a cute animu voice in my head?

>> No.9641988

>>9636960
sweet > classic >>> gothic
(some people would say classic dominates in our comm, but it's full of people who think that CDC in blue is classic so...)

We usually have bigger meets at tea houses or cafe's, and often picnics in summer. People occasionally try to organise meets at free or cheaper musea or historical sites but those meets rarely get more than 10 attendees. If people go to concerts in lolita it's with their friends, not the comm. I'd love to organise a meetup to the ballet because none of my non-lolita friends or family are remotely interested in ballet but from experience I'm 99% sure everyone would stand me up.

>> No.9641990

>>9638542

[citation needed]

Inb4 google it yourself. I have a colleague who blows hot air all the time so I'm curious if you know any better.

>> No.9641997

>>9638529
Same. If my childcare plans fell through on the day of a meet I'd just stay home. Especially because a lot of girls in my community are viciously childfree and ridiculously hostile to children, to the point of loudly cussing them out for the crime of also being in line for the same theme park ride... the activities at meets are relatively child friendly, the people not so much.

>> No.9642060

Why do all the shitty people feel the need to move to LA. D*m and K*te are in our area now and they've been kissing ass on a few local lolita's FBs about meet ups and things to do

Please dont shit up whats left of our comm

>> No.9642117

>>9642060
LA is a sinkhole for vapid fame whores from all over the country and the lolita community is not exempt. I'm sorry, anon.

>> No.9642309

someone needs to explain the difference between wearing a dress and fitting into a dress to some of the girls in my comm.

>> No.9642652

>>9642309
lol same here. There aren't many fatties and the fatties we do have aren't THAT big, but boy are they delulu. They all blame it on their boobs, too. Sure, your boobs are the reason your OTKs don't go past your knees and you can't fit any kind of brand skirt. Definitely just the boobs.

>> No.9642849

>>9642652
fatties love focusing on their boobs, it's like their version of "my greatest flaw is I'm too much of a perfectionist"

>> No.9642877

>>9641997
Giant cunts

>> No.9643383

>>9628920
Thank you so much!

>> No.9643391

>>9642060
I was actually going to ask about the LA comms. It looks like the OC group is the only one that is remotely open to new members? All the other ones are either dead or on lockdown for anyone new.

>> No.9644308

Why do people vote on polls and then don’t go at all? If you have never intended to even go, especially when you already have plans on that date, then why vote? I am so done with some of my comm members. Now meetings end up on dates on which people who really like to go can’t. Which also leads to barely anyone attending, since the people who voted for the date originally don’t come. It’s no wonder fewer people are organizing meets, why even bother?

>> No.9646513

>>9614307
i was on the east coast this summer and joined 3 or 4 comms but none of the days lined up well except one and it was like 92+F degrees and i couldnt bear an outdoor park meet for it.

>> No.9646677

>>9636960
Evenly split between sweet and classic. I would say classic is worn most correctly and those who attend reguarly wear classic but itas and the mod/leader wear sweet majoirty of the time.
>2. in the past 75% of the time we eat or go to tea. 25% its seeing plays, visiting museums or doing something else. We basically never do free things or potlucks but the later is likely do to heat, humidity and inconvenience.
Lately however there have been quite a few museums, ballet, symphonies, ect with tea being the only place we eat.

>> No.9646764

new thread >>9646763