[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 106 KB, 729x1071, Lolita.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9588308 No.9588308[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Last one is saging so here's a new one, I'll start by posting my opinions from the last one along with some new ones.

>Fashion for women is made to appeal to men & that includes Lolita. Any straight/bi Lolita that says she's dressing for herself/her comm & not men/her bf is just lying to herself. You may not be an ageplayer but the fact remains us straight women dress up to appeal & look cute to men, or at least I do & I don't find anything wrong with that.

>I'm a lone Lolita, I only wear it for dates (not even an ageplayer but I do wear it to look cute & appeal to guys) regardless what seagulls would say imo I'm STILL more of a Lolita than girls who only wear it to meets & conventions, at least I'm treating it like fancy, cute date-wear & not a costume. Tbh I don't even understand comm culture in the first place, its a cute fashion not a costume.

>Lolitas who like to play the ageplay police & are prudish kinkshamers are just bitter jelly cunts that hate the fact they're still single & can't attract a guy, probably all cat-lady spinsters too.

>Only certain types of classic & OTT classic work, mainly simple but beautiful VM/MM coords, sweet classic like IW & even some OTT pure maiden Madonna/Nun like coords (with the veils & flower crowns) OTT Mary Antoinette style classic with ruffle overload & tea length dresses are just ugly & the worst & most unflattering style of Lolita.

>Victorian Maiden & Mary Magdelene >>>>> JetJ. JetJ is an Ita brand for the most part & is barely even Lolita anymore, only a few of their old, non-printed items & animal & religious prints are fine. Most of their painting dresses are hideous though!

>Triple Fortune is also an Ita brand

& Last but not least, not all J-fashions are 'glorious kawaiiness~' here are just a few I can't stand.

>Ganguro Gyaru

Blackface & racism ain't kawaii

>Mori

Frumpy bag-lady kei ain't kawaii

>OTT 'Mary Antoinette style' Classic

Grandma-kei is DEFINITELY not kawaii!

>Natural-kei

Ew.

>> No.9588309

>>9588308
And some new opinions for good measure!

>Wa Lolita is always weebish & Ita. ALWAYS!

>Out of all the rare & iconic prints, Cat's Tea Party is the most overrated. The colors and cuts are nice but that cat art is just not cute, Dolly and Romantic Cat are much better cat prints that AP has put out

>Krad's Lost in Sea is ugly and I have no idea why so many Lolitas go gaga over it, jellyfish ain't kawaii.

>> No.9588316
File: 40 KB, 325x325, 1410117490993.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Fashion for women is made to appeal to men & that includes Lolita. Any straight/bi Lolita that says she's dressing for herself/her comm & not men/her bf is just lying to herself. You may not be an ageplayer but the fact remains us straight women dress up to appeal & look cute to men, or at least I do & I don't find anything wrong with that.

>I'm a lone Lolita, I only wear it for dates (not even an ageplayer but I do wear it to look cute & appeal to guys)

>>Lolitas who like to play the ageplay police & are prudish kinkshamers are just bitter jelly cunts that hate the fact they're still single & can't attract a guy, probably all cat-lady spinsters too.

>> No.9588320

>>9588316
>Doesn't know how to read

This is the UNPOPULAR opinions thread here mate, obviously shit's gonna sound like bait since they're unpopular.

>> No.9588330

>>9588320
There are unpopular opinions and there are "so retarded I hope they're bait" opinions.

>> No.9588333

I'm not sure how common this is but:

>I hate it when sweet lolitas try to dress up in a "2008" or "2011" era of sweet and they're clearly using dresses/other pieces that clearly were released after that time frame.It ruins the authenticity of the look. I've seen people say this for old school as well, but as a sweet lolita, this bugs me the most.

>> No.9588341

>>9588333
I mean, a lot of dresses released after the 'AP Clones OTT Sweet' era can easily fit into that era's general aesthetic and look very obviously to be a throwback to it so I don't know what to tell you? I agree this doesn't really work for more toned down 'regular' AP sweet prints but AP HAS released stuff that's meant to emulate that pastel vomit era mainly in their LPs (i.e. Candy Sprinkle, Dream Fantasy, Cotton Candy Shop, etc.)

Hell Dreamy Baby Room was released pretty soon after that era officially ended but no one's going to tell me that print isn't trying to deliberately fit into the OTT sweet aesthetic.

>> No.9588363
File: 538 KB, 245x320, IMG_0407.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9588308
Friends this is a copypasta from someone who posted in the last thread.
We've been over this.
>Or it's that same anon, in that case hi again it's discussion anon

Some opinions
>most prints are way too busy to be cute. If you can't tell what's going on unless you zoom in close, you need to tone it down

>mint is an ugly colorway 99% of the time

>It kinda takes away from the coord when you're wearing an obvious wig

>OTT classic is ugly

Also is that a real skirt? If so I need sauce. Please.

>> No.9588365

>>9588363
Yeah its the same anon from before, hi again! Decided to just post a new thread since the other one started saging.

>OTT Classic is ugly

Oh hey, here's another unpopular opinion we share, I like the way you think!

>Is that a real skirt

I'm not sure, I just found a random image on google lol.

>> No.9588375

>>9588333
I hate it when lolitas try to dress up in any area. Just wear the clothes the way you like to wear them. If you like the look of that time the most, that's fine but stop trying to copy coords.

>> No.9588379

>>9588375
>copy coords

This is a fashion not drawing or writing, there's no such thing as the concept 'copying' in fashion other than replicas. If it looks good and you wanna wear it the way someone else wore it just do it there's no copyright on coords.

>> No.9588381

>Girls who care about what other people think of them while simultaneously liking this retarded-looking fashion are dumb as bricks. They should have realized that what /they/ like is way more important by now.
>All lolita substyles are beautiful and an outfit needs to be bad (as in badly coorded/shit quality pieces) to be ugly
>ott era sweet is the prettiest style
>grandma couch stuff is fine/looks cute as well
>there's nothing wrong with being a lolita and liking anime
>people who hate everything and get mad or stressed about stuff in this board need a puppy in their lives

>> No.9588386

>>9588381
>ott era sweet is the prettiest style

MA NIGGA~!

>> No.9588387

>>9588379
The fuck? I just mean I don't like it when someone looks at their dress and thinks ''How am I going to wear it? Oh I know, I'm going to wear it like these people did 8 years ago. But I MUST have x and x item from x year otherwise it's not the same as that period, and I can't wear my favourite cardigan even though that looks best with it, because it's too new''. I know some lolitas who are huge tryhards copying somebody else's style.

>> No.9588391

>>9588381
>grandma couch is the shit and you'll have to bury me in beige floral
But really, wear what you like. Once you put on a petti, all sense of looking "acceptable" goes out the window.

>> No.9588399

>>9588391
>Once you put on a petti all sense of looking acceptable has gone out the window

Now this is the REAL unpopular opinion here, you're not gonna tell me that anything & everything looks fine in Lolita just cause you manage to shove a petti underneath it, quality and design of the actual dress itself still matters or else Milanoo is suddenly no longer ita.

There is such a thing as taste and whether one has it anon.

>> No.9588406

>>9588399
I think you misunderstood that post, anon. There are people who think that grandma couch-kei is stupid because people think it looks like, well, grandma couches, or that pastel AP sweet is stupid because people think it looks like ageplay. The way I read it is that anon says fuck those people, we all look weird to them anyway. Not that garment quality is unimportant or that Milanoo is just as good as brand.

>> No.9588409

>>9588406
different anon but ngl I'd still rather look like an ageplayer than a grandma, at least I'd still look sexy and appealing that way rather than used, sexless goods.

>> No.9588519

>>9588308
Only poorfags are salty about people buying and wearing matching sets. Sets are designed to be used together. It's pretty and it's cute. Stop using "originality" as an excuse to hate on people who can purchase whole sets.

Also anyone who hasn't got a proper petti or is layering pettis is doing it wrong. Invest into 2 proper pettis, A and Bell, and you're good to go jfc it isn't that hard. Bloomers also have to be authentic and not some regular shorts. Buy or learn to make them pls.

Exposed legs usually on anyone over the age of 25 looks nasty and ruins the coord. Opaque tights all the way unless your legs are in godly shape.

If your upper arm circumference is over 3cm above of the measurement of your forearm, short sleeves are not for you. Sorry not sorry.

Bonnets make 99% of gulls look like legit adult babies. Sorry not sorry.

Bodyline is not respectable whatsoever. Taobao is understandable. Brands like BtssB, Innocent World and AP are desirable. If you dress in mostly non brand like taobao, I will not call you ita, I count that as effort and I think it's possible to make taobao look presentable. But bodyline is just unforgivable (unless it's just some accessories, even barely then).

Men and transwomen look awful in lolita unless they're really girl-passing. A lot of brolitas can genuinely just fuck off of meets until they learn to do it better.

Ganguro gyaru isn't racist nor blackface. Everyone needs to get over themselves on that one.

Wearing lolita and doing meetups with friends is at its core friendly and can be non competitive. HOWEVER the competitive aspect of styling and coording should not be overlooked in nation- or worldwide comms. There's a reason why some girls stand out as better than others, they work hard and are skilled in putting together their outfit to represent and to be judged. Aspire to that or don't, doesn't matter, but don't try to deny that competition exists in this fashion.

>> No.9588522

>>9588409
Are you OP? You sound like OP.

>> No.9588530
File: 501 KB, 850x637, opwouldliketobethis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9588409

OP is a bitter ageplayer whose only redeeming and remotely sexy quality is her supposed "youthfulness". Lmao. A little bit over 12 =/= grandma.

>> No.9588535

>>9588522
She's OP.

>> No.9588537

>>9588409
>used
>AND sexless
whew lady

>> No.9588542

>>9588308
People who think or say oldschool is ita are bitter just because they can't pull the look off well themselves. Oldschool is one of the hardest to do well if you're not naturally very cute or attractive. Too bad~

>> No.9588543

>>9588519
>Bodyline is always ita even if coorded well

Not trying to change your opinion here but may I ask what's led you to this conclusion? Yeah most of their stuff is shit but I can say there's genuinely 8 printed dresses (10 if I'm being generous) that I wouldn't mind having in my closet. Have you ever watched Princess Peachie? She actually manages to make Bodyline look good. I mean, yeah they tend to be not-so-great quality even with their passable prints but they're really a 'get what you pay for brand,' they're not named the Walmart of Lolita for nothing, that doesn't mean they're not still perfectly Lolita though (at least their post 2010 stuff is)

>Ganguro isn't blackface

It literally is though...? Do you even know its history? It developed as part of the rebellious streak in gyaru fashion of Japanese girls wanting to look like 'loud & overly sexualized African American girls' i.e. the complete opposite of the typical idealized Yamato Nadeshiko, if that's not considered racist stereotyping or blackface then I don't know what is!

Agree with you on the poorfags and pettis opinions though, any advice for the best place to get 2 really good pettis (one bell-shaped & one A-lined) so that one wouldn't need to buy multiples though?

>> No.9588548

>>9588537
Anon everyone knows once you enter menopause and no longer have the ability to be a baby factory you're not a real woman anymore, OP decrees it so it must be true!

>> No.9588552

>>9588543
Classical Puppets is actually one of the best places for pettis. It might be taobao but it's durable and keeps its puff well. Recommend'd.

>> No.9588553

>>9588548
Over 12 is dangerously close to menopause. Useless wimmin not getting marry by the age of 13 :(

>> No.9588555

>>9588552
I thought their newer quality is shit though? Are they still good enough to be able to get only 2 pettis & having those 2 pettis be your only ones?

>> No.9588556

Found the SJW feminist, back to tumblr with you!

>> No.9588558

>>9588555
Maybe my info is outdated then. I got mine in like 2013 and they're still fine as hell. And I dress almost everyday, have washed too.

>> No.9588560

>>9588553
>I recognize OP's posting style, I think she once admitted she's a femanon regular on /r9k/ who bitches about beta men and not being able to get a Chad, not surprised of her 'opinions' if she's from there.

>> No.9588561

>>9588558
...Is it still possible to get their 2013 and older pettis?

>> No.9588564

Western lolitas give too many fucks about gaining approval from other lolitas, especially "e-famous" ones.

People who post their coords to COF seem insecure as fuck and seem like the people who need constant validation from others

>> No.9588565

>>9588542
A lot of old street snaps and girls who do old school now look ugly

>> No.9588566

>>9588553
Found the SJW feminist, back to tumblr with you!

>> No.9588568

>>9588561
Why don't you just get a petti from one of the other gazillion brands that do them?

>> No.9588570

>>9588564
the type of people** who need constant validation

>> No.9588572

>>9588568
I'd like to only have to get TWO pettis though and have only those 2 pettis last & generate enough poof for all my coords, that's the whole point why I even asked the question to that anon in the first place.

>> No.9588575

>>9588560
I mean OP seems to have a boyfriend, so maybe she found happiness?
More unpopular opinions
>black looks terrible with bright colors or pastels.
>harry potter themed coords look dumb 99% of the time.
>themed coords in general are cute and sometimes I wish there were more of them
>while I get the historical context, RHS look dumb unless they're styled with old school

>> No.9588592

>>9588575
>Harry Potter themed coords look dumb 99% of the time

Tbh this applies to most fandom coords. Not OP but I honestly judge fandomlitas even more than ageplayers since at least some of the latter (like OP) are actually treating it as a fashion, albeit in a creepy way. The former though just adds to the neverending grief of Lolita being seen as a costume and no different from cosplay.

The only fandom coords I'll ever accept is Brand-released collabs like with Disney or something, anything else is ita as fuck.

>> No.9588594

>>9588566
So joking about that is automatically sjw and feminist, ok then. You sound like a fresh new right-winger who ditched tumblr yesterday and is doing babbus first tryhard internets purge. My child, pls.

>> No.9588595

people care too much about pretty cosplayers instead of what they do
instagrams and tumblrs with actual wips get ignored while ones with 10 million selfies with circle lenses and a wig end up shared constantly

>> No.9588597

>>9588594
No I just finally got Red-Pilled, you should try it sometime, it might help you finally see the truth about society.

>> No.9588600

>>9588597
Girl I've been redpilled before you even considered recovering from blue. Stop embarrassing yourself by shouting "redpill", "sjw" and "feminazi" at everyone whose sense of humor doesn't meet yours. Sit down child, seriously.

>> No.9588608

>>9588561
I have no idea where to specifically hunt the older ones. If the newer are really as shite as people claim, then I'm sorry, got no idea how to get around that. Other than hunting down proper organza and making the petties yourself. :/ But that's a whole another endeavor.

>> No.9588616

>>9588592
Hey about that, what do you think about the IW Rozen Maiden series? (Not only a question for this anon but all other anons too)

I actually liked them in a way but feel they could've been done better, in even a little bit less costume-y way than they were...

>> No.9588618
File: 77 KB, 500x483, 1479937653007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9588308
You said quite a bit of bullshit there but I guess it's an unpopular opinion thread so i'll let it slide~

>If you have less than 10 (brand) main pieces you're not really serious about lolita (or just new which is understandable).

>i don't consider girls "serious" lolitas if they barely ever wear it no matter how big their wardrobe is

>"new" lolita is ugly, i haven't truly loved a new brand release in years now

>Girls rambling about how sweet lolita is ageplay1!" are probably bitter they don't look good in it (or have a serious hateboner for no reason,maybe because it's the most popular style?) and should chill

>ageplay/ddlg or anything sexualizing minors is disgusting and if you're into it i won't say anything but i'll secretly judge you

>OTT is tacky, there are exceptions but in general it should be kept for cons,tea parties and such occasions

>I hate menhera

>Cat Tea Party is way too overrated, I think paying 1000$+ for any of the highly sought after print is ridiculous since they're old as balls and have been worn a lot by lots of people, it's kinda gross.

>Muslim lolita looks ridiculously ugly and they're mainly praised because of the PC culture (same for fat,black lolitas,...receiving asspats)

>Same for men/trans people and fakebois, they look awful in it. It doesn"t suit them at all 99% of the time

>Lolita became too much about who has a big wardrobe/is the most popular/the prettiest/has the most likes. Some girls need to grow some self confidence and stop relying on strangers on the internet for it.

>It might not be dead but the golden era of lolita is long gone and it's making me sad

>RHS look awful, I love old school but these shoes are just terrible and unflattering.

>Same for super puffy sleeved blouses, it gives you big shoulders and it's unflattering.

>>9588409
yeah nah you're just baiting now

>> No.9588624

>>9588597
>I got redbilled guise!1! sjw feminazis r errwhere
You sound really retarded anon. And I'm swinging right more than left.

>> No.9588627

I think anyone who claims to be a lolita lifestyler is probably some level of insane.

All the lolitas I know who would qualify as 'lifestylers' who are sane don't call themselves lifestyler; I think making your entire identity about one thing you like is indicative of some mental problems.

>> No.9588628

>>9588618
>>Muslim lolita looks ridiculously ugly and they're mainly praised because of the PC culture (same for fat,black lolitas,...receiving asspats)
I don't think I want to live for long in a world where this opinion is considered UNpopular, seriously. I whole heartedly agree.

>> No.9588631

>>9588308
You've been posting the same tired "teehee I wear lolita on baits to appeal to men!" bait for a couple of months and it's real fucking old.

>> No.9588633

>>9588616
Like I said, I go by the rule of the thumb that if a Brand releases a fandom collab then its generally okay, if not don't wear it if you don't wanna be seen as a cosplaylita.

>> No.9588634

>>9588618
>>9588628
Ah,I forgot to precise, when I say "muslim" i'm talking about girls wearing hijabis (or worse: pants under dresses for ~modesty~). Some actually have pretty faces! But the hijab looks ridiculous and they look like Easter eggs or foreskin especially if it's a pink one.

>> No.9588635

>>9588616
Nayrt but I was a bit disappointed by them. They were too costumey to be worn as regular lolita but not accurate enough to wear them as character cosplay, so I'm not sure what the point of them was.

>> No.9588637

>>9588634
Yeah exactly. That's what I thought too, don't worry, you were precise enough.

>> No.9588640

>>9588519
>Also anyone who hasn't got a proper petti or is layering pettis is doing it wrong. Invest into 2 proper pettis, A and Bell, and you're good to go jfc it isn't that hard.
That's not true at all, different dresses have different lengths and require different poof levels. If you have any variety in your wardrobe you need more than one and will need to layer sometimes - a petticoat that looks deflated under a velveteen dress might overstuff a lighter one.

>> No.9588641

>>9588635
I feel like they were too "simple" as in closer to a cosplay, if you catch my drift. They could've been slightly less accurate and more 'inspired', like with embroidery, more lace or more structural details or something interesting and elegant to catch the eye.

>> No.9588642

>>9588618
on the topic of muslims, I don't get the idea of wearing a hijab with lolita
hijabs are worn to show modesty, how can you wear them for modesty, but also put on a shitload of makeup and wear an ott cord with it?
just seems really weird and like they want asspats for being muslim

>> No.9588643

>fandom coords are cute if done right
>bodyline is acceptable if done right (acceptable outside of cgl but unpopular opinion here)
>bittersweet isn't cute. pastels or gtfo
>i agree with op that ott sweet > ott classic
>wa lolita in kimono or yukata cuts is super weeaboo-ish and ita
>i don't consider long dresses lolita, regardless of whether a brand released them or not
>i dont care for classic brands at all
>lolita is, in some way, a lifestyle. youre making it more than just a fashion if you go to meet ups and try to incorporate lolita-esque things into your daily life
>conlitas and meetlitas are fine like honestly who gives a fuck on how often lolitas wear lolita

>> No.9588645

>>9588643
When did Bodyline not being acceptable anymore start to become a popular opinion on /cgl/ I wonder?

>> No.9588651
File: 15 KB, 300x400, d336d50ae9d9da2fcec0ff9bdd16c716--harajuku-fashion-lolita-fashion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9588643
>>wa lolita in kimono or yukata cuts is super weeaboo-ish and ita
This! I wish Meta would go do more things like pic related, all of my friends are looking for that dress. Hopefully Millefleurs will do more of those elegant wa dresses too.

>> No.9588653

>>9588642
Not saying it's not hypocritical but a ton of hijabi women wear heavy make-up, really heavy eye make-up styles are extremely popular in India and the Middle East, as are buying a shitton of sparkly clothes and designer gear. If it's a thing outside of lolita it can be a thing within it.

sage for OT because I'm super tired of this argument

>>9588645
I've been lurking cgl since 2014 and IMO it's literally just become the majority opinion in the past six months to a year. We stopped having frequent, active Bodyline threads because Bodyline stopped actually restocking, which meant newfags had no exposure to the concept of any part of Bodyline, even shoes, being acceptable. Plus the fact they never restocked and jacked up their prices meant outside of cgl comm mods stopped pointing newbies that way because they're no longer a good place for cheap basics.

>> No.9588655

>>9588653
So you think that opinion just started due to the influx of noobs and Bodyline not restocking anymore? So literally nothing to do with declining quality and shit releases again?

>> No.9588656

>>9588653
then at that point they're just wearing it for the fashion instead of the original cultural and religious context. I'd be like the situation tons of people on here freak out over where a white girl wears a miko outfit or kimono because they think it looks cute

>> No.9588671

>>9588641
I agree. Anime often simplifies things because it's a pain to animate small fussy details, so something like threaded ribbon turns into big blocky stripes. If a fashion company turns that design back into something wearable it's only natural that they look at what design elements inspired the character's outfit, rather than trying to be accurate to the simplified version with big colour blocks etc. I'm not sure why they didn't. Maybe they were hoping to cash in on both lolitas and cosplayers and so decided to go halfsies? Idk.

>> No.9588673

OP sounds like used goods who desparately hopes the rest of the female population is just as shallow is she is to make herself feel better about being a cumdumpster whose entire self esteem is based on how many dudes want to fuck her.

>inb4 "triggered, tumblrina?"

1.I don't mind it when people find lolita through anime, imo, as long as people find out about it somehow, the more the merrier.

2. Larme kei is awful all around, the only good thing about it being the neat makeup.

3. I like angelic pretty's black colorways the most.

>> No.9588683

>>9588655
Not just newbs but I think it was a big factor. AFAIK their quality has been the same low-tier for the past few years so that's not a factor, and the shit releases have always been the same too. Those factors alone wouldn't explain the sudden slide in popularity. I also think a lot of people have always been uncomfortable with the Yandyman's creepy activities but pushed it to the back of their mind because the shoes were so cheap, but now the prices are basically the same as Taobao and they never restock it doesn't cause people any more inconvenience to boycott them.

>> No.9588694

>>9588642
Same here. Hijab lolitas often give me a vibe that they're constantly looking for loopholes so they can wear lolita while also adhering to their cultural/religious rules. I've heard girls purposefully misconstrue the meaning of "modesty" to justify a bright pink AP dress covered in glitter as modest and demure and therefore not *technically* against the rules. These being the same girls that aren't allowed to wear makeup because it's too flashy, yet somehow OTT AP dresses are okay? And they can wear AP jewellery because it's plastic and not metal like other types of jewellery that aren't allowed. Of course no ancient holy book denounces plastic, it's only just been invented!
IMO if you're actively looking for loopholes like this then you're not respecting the spirit of the lifestyle/style of dress you yourself supposedly chose to adhere to and then what's even the point? Why live according to a certain set of rules if you're just going to try to get around them? It's like Christian girls who only have oral or anal sex so they can still *technically* be virgins on their wedding night. I mean, it's your religion and your lifestyle, but if you can't even pretend to truly believe in your own moral code then don't expect others to respect you for it.

>> No.9588709

>>9588519
I'm not a lolita but I came to this thread out of boredom, and I know hems above the knees are technically "incorrect" to lolita, so what do you mean by "exposed legs"? Like calves? I wasn't aware those age badly.

>> No.9588719

>>9588709
Lots of people wear skirts that hit them an inch or three above the knee, and if their socks aren't long enough there will be some thigh showing. It's mostly a tallita problem but some brands are notorious for their short skirts.

>> No.9588772

>>9588308
Just projecting you feeling of dressing for men on to other Lolitas.

>> No.9588777
File: 63 KB, 200x193, avatar_4eb4e6d9261a_512.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9588694
damn, i couldn't quite put my finger on it but you just completely summed up why i find hijab lolitas annoying

>> No.9588786

>>9588543
>loud & overly sexualized African American girls'

Do you have an source for it being African American girls? I know B-gyaru is based on African American culture but regular ganguro I believe was just to counter act the Nadeshiko culture.

>> No.9588791

>>9588608
I got a petti coat from them last year and I don't see what people are bitching about. It still holds it poof so IDK what people are talking about.

>> No.9588801

>>9588640
This. I have 6 petticoats so every cut of my dress has the proper shape and poof. I also own a lot of velveteen and it requires two petticoats to get it the right shape because it's so heavy.

>> No.9588808

>>9588791
Honestly I think it's people romanticizing the past. This is said about literally every petti brand

>> No.9588826

Not too sure if it's unpopular, but I honestly love the look of ankle socks over (sheer/semi-sheer) socks.

>> No.9588833

>>9588592
I'm >>9588575, my thoughts exactly. I'm a little more lax though; I can forgive coords that take inspiration from something, but it really needs to still fit into the category of a fashion. It's hard to explain the line, but it's obvious when it's crossed.
>>9588616
I liked it for the most part; it isn't for me but it's cool that IW paid homage.Most 2D designs don't really work well in 3D, so while I do agree it could have been done better to look less like a costume, for what it is it's neat.

>> No.9588841

>I love when girls wear larme, but it's pretty tame j fashion when you can make a whole wardrobe from f21
>pirate ouji is getting really boring at this point
>bring back uchuu-kei

>> No.9588845

Misako looks like a haggard old bulldog and her dead eyed stare is creepy, not kawaii.

Risa is boring at this point.

We need new models.

>> No.9588846

>>9588845
There are new models but you are too dumb to look at magazines yourself and only know what gets talked about on cgl often

>> No.9588847

>>9588846
I'm talking about new major iconic models. Please unbunch your panties.

>> No.9588867
File: 141 KB, 502x502, 1482712455690.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9588381
>>ott era sweet is the prettiest style

>> No.9588878

>>9588519
>tfw you have doge bloomers

>> No.9589153

I really like the black on white colourways (as well as white on black). I know they look "anime ita" but that's partially why I love them.

I inspire myself from CLAMP for my "lolita aesthetic" in general (I am aware their designs are not specifically lolita but they share similar elements/silhouette/...sometimes)

I came into lolita with the intent of looking like a mysterious anime girl and i still lowkey aspire to that "look" even though i'm in my twenties now. Guess I'm forever a fucking weeb.

(Also never got called ita if you were wondering, only own Baby and Meta pieces (one VM and one AP as well) and coord decently, the worst i had was when i was a newb and someone called my coord mediocre)

>> No.9589163

I think that the drama with Kate was stupid and totally not a big deal

Carrying stuffed animals with sweet looks retarded and only furthers the stigma that sweet is ageplay

Bonnets only look good with classic-sweet OTT coords

COF posters are attention whores who thrive off of validation

>> No.9589264

>>9588618
Muslim lolitas are ita if they wear pants

>> No.9589289

>>9588673
>liking AP black colourway

The true unpopular opinion

>> No.9589313

>>9588381
You sound just like my coworker...

but I don't think people are as mad as they seem. I wish the "u mad" shit would go away. It's so 2009.

>> No.9589318

>>9588409
Did ya get enough dick today?

>> No.9589320

>>9589163
>COF posters are attention whores who thrive off of validation

So where should people post online then? By your logic wouldn't posting your outfit anywhere online be attention whoring? This fashion can't survive without an online presence.

>> No.9589323

>>9588519
>Only poorfags are salty about people buying and wearing matching sets. Sets are designed to be used together. It's pretty and it's cute. Stop using "originality" as an excuse to hate on people who can purchase whole sets.
I agree with this as a poor fag. I saved for my full sets though and I don't criticize those who wear them.

But mad did you say some retarded shit after that. wew.
>sorry not sorry
christ you sound annoying

>> No.9589324

>>9588575
>I mean OP seems to have a boyfriend, so maybe she found happiness?
>baiting on cgl means you found happiness and an SO
doubtful.

>> No.9589327

>>9588600
>Sit down child, seriously.
You sound gay as fuck.

>> No.9589334

>>9588631
Do we have a new HWC on our hands?

>>9588801
Found the real lolita.

>> No.9589337

>>9588847
Not them but your opinions aren't unpopular.

>> No.9589341

>>9588308
4chan is +18

>> No.9589367

>>9588308
All you had to include was high heels and pantyhose and I'd swear you were Frances.

>> No.9589410

>>9588519
>Exposed legs usually on anyone over the age of 25 looks nasty and ruins the coord. Opaque tights all the way unless your legs are in godly shape.

Can you post examples of nasty legs? I'm confused on how you can tell if someone is over the age of 25 or not.

>> No.9589499

>>9588597
Did you come across the red-pill movement on your own, or were you introduced by a bf?

asking for a friend

>> No.9589505

>>9589499
Anon was obviously baiting, look at the context of the reply chain.

>> No.9589554

>>9589499
>asking for a friend
God. There are so many redditors on here.

>> No.9589736

>>9588616
Have you seen one in person? The fabrics are very nice and they don't look costumey at all. A couple people in my comm have them

>> No.9589744

>>9588651
Anon, this is literally just one of those high school graduation outfits they have in Japan. Hakama or something. That cut is incredibly weeby. If you aren't a weeb, Meta is not the brand for you unless you want something like Dim light or Dark Night Guardian

>> No.9589962
File: 174 KB, 400x366, tumblr_ktopojKPbU1qa20ryo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9588316

I don't wear lolita around my boyfriend because I know he thinks it is ridiculous. I wear it on my own time, because I like it, and only I like it. Where are you people meeting dudes that are genuinely interested in lolita fashion? And not just "oh I tolerate it because my gf loves it", but genuinely is attracted to girls wearing the style specifically? Because I highly doubt they exist.

>> No.9589966 [DELETED] 

>>9589962
sorry >>9588316 i meant to reply to op (>>9588308) not you and your pusheen comment.

sage because i fucked up and am stupid

>> No.9589971
File: 353 KB, 960x1280, tumblr_lapy0tewKA1qa20ryo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9589962 (You)
sorry >>9588316 i meant to reply to op (>>9588308) not you and your pusheen comment.

Anyway my unpopular opinions
>Lolita peaked in popularity in 2010
>The livejournal years had the best sense of community, and it has been in decline since then, mostly because the fashion is bigger and more popular now. Back then we were more close knit and had better discussions
>Lolita is going to change a lot within the next five years
>Larmie is normie style and is decreasing in popularity. It will evolve like gyaru and the larme fans on cgl will complain about larme not being larme anymore, but it was only ever a trend, not a concrete style.
>Most new AP is ugly
>There is no grand conspiracy to the Goodwill lolita auctions. Someone just decided to donate their stuff instead of sell it.
>Wigs look better than natural hair most of the time.
>Dresses past a certain shouldn't count as lolita

>> No.9589973
File: 36 KB, 360x420, d7a20d6f4dd89afaa2aecf906c659b88--lolita-fashion-kimonos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9589744
It's shaped like a lolita dress with kimono fabric.
>If you aren't a weeb, Meta is not the brand for you unless you want something like Dim light or Dark Night Guardian
Going to post this in the unpopular opinion thread next time I want to bait people

>> No.9589980
File: 42 KB, 610x480, IMG_0413.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9589971
OT but I really love the concept of gloves becoming more en vogue in lolita. The use of satin opera gloves here is adorable.
>tfw it would probably go the way of the pegnoir and itas would ruin it

>> No.9590012

>>9589736
It's the designs that make them look costumey, not fabric quality. And also the fact that they're literally character costumes.

>> No.9590014

>>9589980
It doesn't help that nice gloves take an effort to find. I've seen some brand ones that I liked but they didn't list measurements so I'm afraid my giant hands won't fit.

>> No.9590015

>>9589962
>Where are you people meeting dudes that are genuinely interested in lolita fashion?
Anime cons I guess? Idk my husband was a weeb in high school but whenever I ask him what he'd like to me to wear on a day out he just pulls out some pieces of lingerie and laughs like he's the funniest guy on the planet, then walks away.
>usually not even matching pieces
>tfw I married an unfashionable pleb

>> No.9590022

>>9588618
>>Muslim lolita looks ridiculously ugly and they're mainly praised because of the PC culture (same for fat,black lolitas,...receiving asspats)
That's some textbook racism.

>> No.9590026

>>9590022
>muslim is a race
Do you think fat white or Asian girls get the same asspats as black fats?

>> No.9590028

Sweet lolita is best suited for childfaced asian girls. Non-Asian girls over 18 wearing sweet lolita just look dumb.

I hate people who go on and on complaining about getting their photo taken. Don't wear attention seeking outfits if you don't want attention.

The pose with one leg behind the other looks so bad. The waist 90% of the time looks super wide in comparison to the legs in this position.

>> No.9590030

>>9588694
Here's the thing. Lolita doesn't exist within a vacuum. People with various religious and cultural views can still enjoy the fashion. Now, as you seem to be ignorant of Islam, I'll explain this to you.

When Muslims speak of modesty, they mean skin. Modesty has different meanings depending on where you come from, but for Muslims, showing too much skin is immodest. That's why lolita can be so appealing to them.

Muslims are allowed to wear makeup. In fact, most Muslim women do.

Jewelry is allowed in some sects of Islam. That's another important distinction. Islam is a lot like Christianity where there are different sects who believe different things. A Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox aren't placed under an umbrella or generalized, so why generalize all Muslims?

>> No.9590035

>>9590026
Muslim is not a race, but they are treated like one.

>Fats
That's not even slang. But, from browsing this board, you guys shit on anyone who isn't a size 6. So, honestly, I don't think any fat people get "asspats" regardless of race. So, I don't see why you had to point out black people in particular.

>> No.9590042

>>9588308
>OTT classic ruffle and lace overload is the best thing ever, and I actually think toned down classic coord easily look boring and vintage instead of lolita.

>Natural hair is better than a wig, as long as it's healthy and well maintained. Wigs are for people who's natural hair can't work with lolita or who are to lazy to maintain it.

>I honestly don't give a fuck if someone things I'm an ageplayer, or if someone is an ageplayer and wears lolita. Everyone I know and care about knows better anyways and I wish people shut up about ageplayers.

>Lolita is pretty comfortable, I gladly wear OTT on regular days. People who have discomfort are doing something wrong in either their dressing or sizing.

>If you can't fit brand you're fat. You don't need to fit all brand, but if you really can't fit any brand you need to loose weight. if you can't just diet and sport for some reason, get medical help with it. If you don't want to do that, fine, but don't cry when people dislike it. Fat people are not pretty, no matter how much safespace you want. Almost anyone will judge you.

>Bodyline is acceptable if done right, but if I recognise it's Bodyline, I will judge extra hard.

>Nitpicking is good. People should pay more attention to details.

>OTT sweet is ugly and horribly overdone. I really dislike it. OTT classic or gothic looks like fancy garments, but OTT sweet looks like a costume.

>>9588519
But Angelic Pretty even layers petticoats. Their models are often wearing 3 of them at once! As long as the result looks good and is comfortable, I don't think it's bad. But if you go infest, buy a proper one, not many bad ones. I still layer my BunnyHouse XL petticoat.

>> No.9590045

>I don't think black lolita models should get praised just because they're black. Models should be hired because they are the best for the job, and with most clothes made in Asia and western brands, there are way more options in Asian and White models, so of course the changes are higher that those are the best models available. People need to get over their pro-minority stuff and need to use their brains. That something is not shown doesn't say it's bad, it just says someone else was better, and when the biggest part of the people trying are White or Asian, the change a White or Asian person is best is higher.

>Next to that most lolita's are White or Asian. Using models that are relate-able to your biggest market is logic. By that, White isn't a race either, and many "white races" are not often shown as models either.

I have nothing against black lolita's, I think they often look gorgeous as well, but ever since this topic came on rufflechat months ago I think it's bullshit (it was about Classic Puppets having a black model). People where all acting like it's super great they had a black model, and started bitching there should be more black models. Not having black models has nothing to do with racism. And I defiantly think that anything appearance wise should be allowed to be taken into consideration, including skin colour, because you need models who are relateable to your customers.

>> No.9590049

>>9590035
I wasn't even that anon but no if you go anywhere but here fats and minorities get asspats. Open your eyes.

>> No.9590057

>>9589962
>I don't wear lolita around my boyfriend because I know he thinks it is ridiculous.
oh anon... my ex was like this. It's part of the reason I left him. He tolerated but he also thought it was weird and would mention in passing that it was strange. And he was a fucking cosplayer!

I uhh... I met someone on /x/ actually and he legit likes when I wear lolita and asks me to dress up. Go look in the boyfriend thread. There's loads of us.

>> No.9590058
File: 143 KB, 220x220, tensdfor.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590045
>putting an entire blog post in greentext

>> No.9590065

>>9590030
>different Christians aren't generalized as the same
Yeah right
>so why are all the Islamic sects all generalized???
Because Sunni Islam is like 90% of all Islam? Compare to the largest denomination of Christianity, Catholicism, which is half of all Christianity

>> No.9590066

>>9590028
>I hate people who go on and on complaining about getting their photo taken. Don't wear attention seeking outfits if you don't want attention.
This. I hate this whole "don't take my photo" thing mostly because it stems from girls who don't want to look bad in photos. Candid photography shouldn't die because you're afraid you might look bad. Stop being so damn insecure.

>> No.9590067

>>9589962
>My boyfriends legit thinks it's pretty. Not in a sexual way, but he always liked the appearance of alternative fashion over normal clothes. He doesn't like big ott stuff like bonnets, but I generally wear those for meets only anyways, so he has to deal with them. But in the end, I dress for myself. Sure, I like to see him happy and take that into accountance when choosing clothing, but if he dislikes something and I love it, he will have to learn to deal with it.

>> No.9590072

>>9590045
>That something is not shown doesn't say it's bad, it just says someone else was better
lol white and asians are better than blacks

>> No.9590080

>>9590072
Did you even read what I said? Go to Japan, 98% of the people are Japanese, the 2% that's left are big part Korean and Chinese. It's less extreme but the same idea in China.

For Europe, there are just more white people, it's where we come from. I don't know exactly about the USA, but USA brands are not the most commonly seen anyways.

So if auditions take place, big changes is a big part of the models are White or Asian. Let's say, for this specific example, no real data, 75% of the models auditioning are white or asian, and 25% is black, we have 100 models auditioning. That means that for a black person to become the final model, there needs to be a black person better than 75 people, because 75 people are white or asian. But for a white or asian person to win, one of them needs to beat 25 people. If we only look at who is a better at their job, the changes are higher a white or asian models wins.

The second part was a separated point why it's logical to choose white or asian models. it's business, you need to sell, so you need someone who is relate-able. White and asian people are more relate-able in appearance to white an asian woman. It's not rocket science.

>> No.9590082

>>9590080
Just word things better.
lol.
better.

You don't hate blacks. Good for you.

>> No.9590087

>>9590082
I know, I suck at wording. I'm trying to work on it for years, slowly improving.

Anyways, my point was simply that I don't think black models deserve extra asspats or attention. If they where the best model for the job, good for them. But the complaint about minorities not often being shown in lolita is just stupid. It's logic it's not often shown, and that logic has nothing to do with racism.

>> No.9590123

>>9590066
There's a difference between candid photography and teenage boys taking grainy, blurry creepyshots on their smartphones to laugh at with their friends later.

Stop pretending that everyone who takes a photo without asking is an actual photographer taking candids for artistic purposes.

>> No.9590127

>>9590123
Then like the other anon said, don't wear attention grabbing outfits. Grow a spine.
Also where I live a lot of people walk around with actual cameras. I've had my picture taken even when I wasn't wearing lolita.

Quit being so damn insecure. Why don't you laugh at the teenage boys who are taking cell phone shots?

>oh noes I might get posted online and people will laugh at me!!
Makes sense that you'd post anon and be this afraid.

>> No.9590164

>>9590030
Actually they do speak of modesty as in modest aesthetic too, as in not attracting attention because that is inappropriate for a woman who knows true submission. It's kind of both really, and depends on how deep the woman is in her islamic beliefs and lifestyle. Usually the less fundamentalist "modernized" muslims don't think modesty as in modest aesthetic, but instead just simply as covering your skin. Sorry if I'm not making any sense, it's late and English is not my first language lmao.

>> No.9590175

>>9590035
Oh please don't act like blacks specifically aren't praised for their every breath even if they're acting like a major douche or doing something wrong. I mean especially in the US. Like being black is an achievement in itself or something.

>> No.9590183

>>9588308
But my boyfriend doesn't like how I dress lol.

>> No.9590188

>>9590127
I'm not insecure and I actually don't give a shit if teenage boys take photos of me to laugh at. I just hate the "muh candid photography" argument.

Candid photography is an art, stop watering it down to mean any shithead with a camera phone taking photos without permission.

>> No.9590189

>>9590042
>Nitpicking is good. People should pay more attention to details.
Especially this. Nitpicking about the general aesthetic, rules AND quality is what keeps the whole idea of this fashion together. Sure, try new things, improvise if you have to. But always remeber what is originally desired, what amkes for a distinct, cohesive style. Lolitas need to look like lolitas to be lolitas.

>> No.9590193

>>9590188
Oh. You're just a butthurt photog. chill the hell out.

I agree. Candid photography is an art. And no, I'm not talking about kids with phones. When I originally made that comment, I wasn't even thinking of that.

I also think it's unnecessary to lose your mind at someone if they take your photo though. Regardless of their intention.

I've seen a lot of threads on here where people were upset that a photographer was taking their picture without asking. Hence, candid photography.

You claim to not care but you sure are up in arms about it.

>> No.9590203

>>9590183
Unfortunate, my condolences.
My boyfriend loves me wearing this, but he's just about the only guy I've met who's genuinely attracted to this style. I also remember reading about guys thinking lolita is creepy and weird? And that's why some japanese girls wear it too? To rebel? Have I imagined this whole thing or...?
Anyway, while I understand wanting to dress to impress, I don't think OP is right with the whole thing about lolita being there solely to attract guys. If anything lolita seems to deter them in my experience, and no, I'm not a fatty or unattractive or a bad coorder.
There're actually not a lot of guys who "get" this style and like it too.

>> No.9590206

>>9590193
I'm not a photog. I'm a lolita, I just find the 'muh candid photography' argument really stupid in this context because 99% of the people taking my photo are not photographers. Nor are they trying to be.

Defend it as being no big deal, because it isn't a big deal.

>having a discussion about something means you're 'up in arms' about it
Okay anon

>> No.9590210

>>9590206
Calling people shitheads usually means you are actually upset.

Why are you worried about getting laughed at though? Like it shouldn't be a big deal is the point.

Also, you can't stop normies from doing that. Enjoy being frustrated about this forever.

>> No.9590213

I hate bows

>> No.9590217

>>9590210
I already said it's no big deal. I'm not trying to stop the normies, if I cared I wouldn't wear lolita. I just think the candid photography excuse is dumb in this context.

Also I'm Australian, swearing doesn't automatically mean we're upset. I think you're projecting your feelings onto me.

>> No.9590218

>>9588308
OP, I know you're baiting, but this just has to be said:
>ganguro and gyaru is blackface
Are you aware all humans can tan? Are you aware tanning beds exist? That's what it's based off of.

>the rest of your bait
Listen, we get you're a fresh new baby sweet lolita. Learn something about j-fashion.

>> No.9590219

>>9590127
It's not just insecurities. It's plainly rude, and these people know it. They hide their phones badly behind their hands or a paper while sneaky taking a photo. If you don't have the audacity to ask for a photo, don't take any.

I know people might take photo's. I'm generally not complaining. But it is in fact really rude, no matter how you feel about yourself. It's legal to take photo's in public spaces (at least, in my country), yes, but that doesn't make it less rude either. Especially not when these are then taken out of context and people start making up stories to make it more "funny" when they show their friends, who post that story with pictures online. And then people start crying online about bad connotations.

I honestly don't think only people with low self esteem complain about rude behaviour...

>> No.9590220

>>9590217
I didn't know you were Aussie. It does make more sense now.

I still agree with the original anon. Don't wear attention seeking outfits if you don't want attention.

And way to shrug off where I live, mate.
Like I said, lots of people here carrying around actual cameras and I've had my picture taken while not wearing lolita. I've also had families take pictures of me with their phones.

I think you should be allowed to just take pictures of people honestly. Candid or not.

Take your "it's art' and shove it. Anyone can be a photog. I know because I see about 100 of em a day when I go downtown.

>> No.9590223

>>9590219
People are going to be rude regardless of how you or anyone else feels.

All you can do is hold your head up and not worry about the fact that some dumb kid is taking a snapchat story of you.

>> No.9590231

>>9590223
Oh defiantly agree on that. But even when you hold your head and just go on, people being rude is annoying, especially when they are obviously doing it on purpose and don't care. When a topic arises, especially in a group where people all experience it, a simple mention it's horribly annoying isn't a bad thing.

I've been wearing alternative fashion since somewhere in primary school. I got used to it, and I agree you shouldn't worry about it. But making a notion of it being horribly annoying and then going on with your life is not a bad thing to me.

>> No.9590234

>>9590028
>non-asian girls over 18 only look good
You seriously think all the asian lolitas that look good in sweet are a bunch of teenagers? It's called photo editing.

>> No.9590237

>>9590220
And I don't disagree with that. As I have said multiple times anon. I don't have a problem with my picture being taken. Misrepresenting my argument doesn't make you right.

Just defend it as being no big deal instead of citing 'muh candid photographies'. Most of them aren't doing candid photography, they just want a damn picture.

>> No.9590252

>>9590164
You could be right, but it also depends on where they're from and what denomination they're from.

>>9590049
As a minority, you're full of shit.

>>9590175
As an American black person, you're full of shit. I can't speak for other races, but young black people support black people because there is so much tearing us down. I could go into detail, but you probably wouldn't listen.

>> No.9590256

>>9590234
Nayrp but when did anon say that all asian lolitas are teenagers? A lot of Asians are babyfaced even into adulthood, and I agree a lot of them (not saying all) pull off lolita a lot better. Keep telling yourself all Asians photoshop if it makes you feel better about being ugly. I'm not denying many Asians use photo editing, but so do other races. Take a walk around in Asian countries and a lot of them are really cute, not "azns only cute in photo bc shoop". I'm white and I know classic is better suited for me, westerners in sweet with old horse faces are laughable.

>> No.9590264

>>9590252
Sadly, In many countries in Europe it's not really a thing, but we get the continuous complaints about it as if it is. American people tend to act to us like our culture is the same because we're also part of the west, and if you keep complaining and forcing pro-POC campaigns down to the throats of people where the problem is way smaller to non-existent, they get annoyed.

Not meant as hate to you (I do believe America is a lot worse, although I never been there so I can't really know. From what I've seen it is, but that's media, and media is edited to look a certain way you know), but it is why many people really dislike all the complaining and the "it's so amazing it's a black person" type of comments.

>> No.9590284

>>9590252
Oh what is fucking tearing you down, princess. Please tell me something other than "systemic racism" because that's the copout answer people use when they know they can't point to any policy or law discriminating you since they don't exist.

>> No.9590286

>>9590237
if anyone is being all "muh candid photography" it's you buddy. You seem to hold it much higher regard than I do.

>> No.9590293

I hate Kamikaze girls and the practically worshiping of Momoko followers.
>make momoko happy
>momoko would do this
>momoko this momoko that
she isn't real. she's a fake person of fiction.

>> No.9590295

>>9590293
>what is a joke

>> No.9590297

>>9590256
This. I disagree on a few points, but I seriously hate the argument that all asians photoshop and that's the only reason they're cuter in sweet. Tons of girls photoshop regardless of race, so if it's only photoshop making asians cute, why aren't other race girls as cute using an equal amount of editing? Also, the shoop most of the girls use are basic skin smoothing, filter, and sticker apps.

>> No.9590300

>>9590295
I get some of it is a joke, but I've seen some dead serious people in my comm.

>> No.9590351

>>9590300
Nayrp but I've never seen someone take it seriously, beside some otakus maybe? It's meant as a comedy, aperantly it's a good comedy by Japanese standards. For most western standards, I'll be worse than a B movie (those horribly drawn in things, the badly done special effects, even for and old movie it's bad), but I guess that's because of different types of humor. Perhaps even in culture. Battle Royal is also worshiped by some otakus, especially after hunger games went big, but even tho the story is more believable and nicer done, the actual filming is full of mistakes. Perhaps Japanese mind that less, but it did quite ruin for me as it kept happening, breaking the immersion.

>> No.9590374

>>9590284
Different anon, but this whole thread has shown how younger generations are embracing racist and downright bigoted views to a horrifying degree. If obese white chicks aren't tearing down black people to feel better about themselves they're tearing down Muslim people. Put the veneer of anonymity down and even I as a white person have to wonder: if this is the shit people say under the cover of anonymity, what must they say to Black and Muslim people? Do you guys really think you can contain this level of hate? Do you think people don't notice it?

Yeah, the tumblr left is annoying, but the 4chan right is horrifying.

>> No.9590375

>>9590374
>Yeah, the tumblr left is annoying, but the 4chan right is horrifying.
this.

>> No.9590377

>>9590234
Also bunch of people still look like teenagers in their adulthood.

>> No.9590378

>>9590293
>>9590295
I too keep seeing it in threads and think it's just plain dumb. Joke or not.

>> No.9590380

>>9590374
Oh yes being annoyed at praising itas because they're not white is so horrifyingly bigoted. It's just soooo hateful to think hijabs don't belong in lolita.

If you weren't retarded you'd realize that in general people are decent human beings and don't tell strangers or minorities their negative feelings on them, when they even harbor them at all. Seriously, who taught you people actually do that? Where do you even live?

>> No.9590383

>>9590380
>that in general people are decent human beings and don't tell strangers or minorities their negative feelings on them
Confirmed for not living in a city.

>> No.9590384

>>9590383
I do live in a city and it's extremely liberal, as they all are, thanks.

>> No.9590386

>>9590042
Ott anything looks like a costume

>> No.9590388

>>9590049
Nope
Whitey

>> No.9590413

>>9590080
>But for a white or asian person to win, one of them needs to beat 25 people
>wut
are you dumb? all 75 of the white and asian contestants can't all be the final model. each person, no matter what their color still has to be better than the other 95. what your really arguing is actually a point against you. the black models are scrutinized to a higher standard than the white or asian ones because they are seen as not traditionally beautiful (not pale). many average or even uggo light girls may win but in order for a black model to win she must be exceptionally beautiful to make up for her color which is undesirable to pale fetishists.

I'm pretty over this skin thing. the roots of liking a pale woman is that she likely was rich and delicate, never having to go outdoors to work and end up tan. this is so incredibly old and outdated, especially since it only applied to certain cultures in certain areas of the world.
welcome to the modern era motherfuckers. women work and you have so many colors to see the beauty in.

>> No.9590433

>>9590380
>hijabs don't belong in my kawaii Japanese fashion

Yeah I don't really think you're one to be talking about people being decent.

Also, just because you're not going up to people telling them their religion/culture/ethnicity/race should bar them from liking the same things you do doesn't mean they can't tell.
That's kind of my point. If you're a hateful or bigoted or prejudiced person it's not something you can generally hide no matter how well you think you can. That you even think such a thing already paints a picture of someone who is intolerant whether you choose to say it to someone's face or not.

Yeah, I'm in LA. Sorry it's acceptable to dictate what religions are and are not allowed in obscure Japanese fashions in the greater Sisterfucker County area you live in.

>> No.9590438

>>9590384
Do you have zero bums in your city like come on.

>> No.9590463

>>9590284
Well, if you're looking at it from a political standpoint, there's the war on drugs, three strikes laws, OH!, and there were those cops who came forward and said, yes, cops do target black and brown people.

But, let's stick to /cgl/ related things.
>Told not to cosplay outside of your race
>Told that blackface is okay
>Any black person posted is shit on immediately
>Groups pulling out of cons because too many "black" panels
>"Only whites and Asians can wear ______ lolita"
Should I go on?

>> No.9590490

>>9590463
Then you've got the statistics stating that blacks commit the majority of violent crimes, affirmative action plans actively promoting less qualified individuals on the basis of skin colour and whites and asians not being allowed to wear clothing or hairstyles due to cultural appropriation.

I'm really not invested in this personally, just wanted to point out how someone from the other side of the political fence may see things and then react the way they do.

Both sides see the shit they want to see but discredit what the other side has to say. Stop with the racebaiting and just treat people like people, 9/10 they don't give a shit what religion you follow or what colour skin you have.

Tldr; the shit you're saying will only make everyone else dislike you, stop driving people apart because of their skin colour and treat people normally

>> No.9590496
File: 40 KB, 500x375, digimonno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590433
Big pink scarves clashing with skin tone and looking way too simple on top of coords look ugly, sorry. Lolita shouldn't be ugly. You sound ita.
By the way, what it stopping hijablitas from just wearing wigs like everyone else? It technically covers their hair/head.
Oh and I'm in Columbus, one of the gayest cities in the country and emerging creative city. Try again commiefornian
>I was wrong so better call her a hick!! freaking nazis
>>9590438
Yes and an overwhelming majority are not white. I take public transport to school. It's not just me being selective.
>>9590463
class issue not race, I'll do my reading, what even is this google brings up nothing based on a two-letter acronym, citation needed.
>no one fucking does this
>no one fucking says this
>you're delusional, this does not happen
>more delusion, when ever. sauce needed
>no one fucking says this

>> No.9590517

>>9590496
>>no one fucking does this
>>no one fucking says this
>>you're delusional, this does not happen
>>more delusion, when ever. sauce needed
>>no one fucking says this
You're baiting or delusional, all of these opions have come up on cgl in the past few weeks.

>> No.9590550

>>9590517
Maybe through your problem glasses, they do.

>> No.9590555

>>9590490
Crime is tied to income inequality, not black people. One of many sauces: https://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21613303-disturbing-study-link-between-incomes-and-criminal-behaviour-have-and
Even then, white people are less likely to get arrested for the same crime as a black or Mexican person.
Affirmative Action doesn't work that way.
Asian is a broad term.
White people like to make fun of black people for wearing certain things, and then glorify themselves for doing the same thing, and then get mad when people call out the hypocrisy.

>>9590496
>There are comments above saying don't wear certain clothes unless you're Asian. There are now saged/pruned/archived posts where people said that they're uncomfortable when race doesn't match the character
>There is an archived post where people defended blackface. This has also happened multiple times in the AX Fan Page on facebook.
>Post a black cosplayer. I dare you. Or look at the now archived "cringe cosplay" post.
>http://sugoithreads.com/2016/05/18/goodbye-anime-st-louis-says-super-cosplay-cafe/
>Look above

>> No.9590585
File: 149 KB, 750x1146, IMG_1760.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590555
>certain faces look better than others in styles, get over it. I'm an ugly white person and don't wear lolita because my face doesn't match it. It's not cute or youthful. It makes me look worse.
>in the year of our lord 2017 there are still people who 1) think darkening your skin = blackface and 2) that these individuals do not get away without lashings
>I'll bite. Last black cosplayer I remember, from the last cringe thread. Tfw you're not even a cosplayer just a dress-upper (according to anon) and your costume has two parts, you get one wrong, and still get more praise than criticism in a CRINGE thread
>a tiny con group doesn't like when there are divisive panels in a convention for what is basically the most accepting community on earth

>> No.9590610

>>9590028
>Sweet lolita is best suited for childfaced asian girls. Non-Asian girls over 18 wearing sweet lolita just look dumb

I agree, Asians look younger for much longer. Sweet is meant for babyfaced girls, most being Asians. I love sweet but I know I would look horrible since I don't have a babyface.

I cringe when I see girls with old looking faces wearing sweet, they look so stupid.

>> No.9590649

>>9590028
>tfw childfaced asian girl
i'm biased but i still think Maki & Asuka can rock sweet even though they're obviously older. maybe that's my wishful thinking talking. but they know how to style themselves, which leads me to my next thought:

i think the real issue is people not being aware of how they actually look and being unable to style themselves in a flattering way--asian or not, sweet or not. when i see people looking bad it's usually because they lack the combination of good hair, flattering makeup, and wearing clothing that actually fits and is well coordinated. i imagine someone with a more mature face who absolutely nails everything could present themselves well, even in sweet.

>> No.9590680

>>9590284
I mean, they have to deal with lower IQ's and impulse control due to genetic differences. That's a major thing that's tearing them down and making it more difficult for them to succeed in life. So I suppose black people really do have it difficult in a lot of ways.

>> No.9590698

>>9590066
I go out in hopes that people want to take my picture. Lolita fashion is such an important form of self expression to me I don't even care if the people taking my photographs are making fun of me behind my back. Who knows maybe people who take pictures actually like the fashion and find it interesting.

>> No.9590712

>>9590496
There have been threads about blackface being ok.

>> No.9590749

>>9590680
This is bait.

>> No.9590756

>>9590585
>Are all lolitas like this? I didn't know subjectivity equated to objectivity.
>in the year of our lord 2017 there are still people who think 1) painting your skin to look like a black person isn't blackface and 2) these people don't have massive platforms and people justifying them
>TFW they still nitpicked her to death
>Oh, look, I don't like your example, so meeehhh

I'm done with you. Night night.

>> No.9590761

>>9590496
I take public tranist to work. People are awful. The city I live in used to not be this big but when it did get bigger the culture changed and people are way more brutal. Just because you see the nicer part of town doesn't mean its not happening.

>> No.9590762
File: 861 KB, 2970x2483, 1487005266762.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590749
It's not exactly wrong though.

>> No.9590764

>>9590496
You are the reason people have a hard time accepting gays still you fucking asshat.

>> No.9590765
File: 1.74 MB, 300x290, IMG_1644.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590756
>costume consists of a cheap solid dress and a long volumous wig
>doesn't wear a wig
>n-n-nitpick!!

>> No.9590767
File: 173 KB, 308x326, 1499356255332.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590764
Hajis don't accept gays regardless. I feel I have a right to point out the negatives of a culture where the biggest debate on LGBT issues is whether to stone us or throw us off rooftops.

>> No.9590768

>>9590698
Me too anon. I like when people ask me about it or when they gasp as I walk by. Makes me feel important.

>> No.9590769

>>9590761
Gimme some examples of the brutalities you've seen, I wanna know.
>>9590764
Columbus is literally a super gay city, our parade is famous and the arts district is booming and full of gay bars. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

>> No.9590772

>>9590764
But-But she lives in a city where The Gays are, how can she possibly be a bigot?? Use your communist LIEberal logic to explain that!

Here's a blurry 4chan meme that PROVES black people are inferior!*

(*still live in the bustling urban metropolis and center of modern progress that is Buttfuck, Ohio, so still not a bigot.)

>> No.9590774

>>9590769

I... honestly can't tell if you're trolling at this point.

Plenty of backwards places have large gay populations. Generally that's why gay pride is an important thing, to show survival through adversity...?

Even the most backwards place you can think of (for someone from Columbus that would be, what, Wichitaw? I don't know how much more hayseed you can get than Columbus...) has a gay population.

There are gay people everywhere, dude. I don't know how you think not having lynched them out of existence makes you progressive. The fact that they are still there *despite* lynchings is part of why gay pride parades exist.

How do you seriously not know this...?

Is Columbus one of those areas where kids are """"homeschooled"""" by their super religious parents so they never come across a minority group in their lives...?

>> No.9590776

I think most female to male crossplay looks stupid. I don't even really know why. I see other ladies trying to be sexy men and I'm like "Yeah whatever but you'll never really be one."

>> No.9590778

>>9590030
Anon, you're generalising too. There are groups of Muslim women who are absolutely not allowed to wear makeup and can't even wear colours other than black, brown, grey and beige because that would be immodest. Modestly does not just refer to bare skin. Maybe you're speaking for the people you know personally, but according to the people I know personally you're completely wrong.

>> No.9590780

>>9590769
people scream and fight on the bus all the time where I live. On the train too. I saw a guy get his hat slapped off. I was legit scared to be sitting across from that.

People are not decent. watch liveleak sometime.

>> No.9590784

>>9590778

I mean for the purposes of this discussion, she means muslims who are allowed to dress in lolita. Obviously, muslims who cannot wear makeup and need to dress in drab clothing all the time are not addressed here as salty gulls are not trying to make mince meat of them.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Islam at all (or organized religion in general). However if people cannot grasp the weird idiosyncrasies of religion vs wanting to have fun, and the weirdness of taboos and understanding that someone may think it's weird to show hair but is perfectly fine with dolling up and having makeup on, they don't understand balancing religion and lifestyle. I think it's good that Muslims want to do lolita - it means that they're participating in a part of the world that isn't obsessed with Allah or religion. It means they're partaking in the global cultural trade. We need more of that instead of religious extremists. I'm all for it, and even though I think some of it looks ita tastic, I can't help but feel good that they're able to wear it and participate in something beyond their religion, and not get ostracized or worse for it. That's all.

>> No.9590789

>>9590776
Some women can pull it off, but most of the people who try it are dumpy fujos who just end up looking pear-shaped

>> No.9590790

>>9590774
>>9590774
My point is where did I ever say anything negative about gay people lol fuckin retard
Probably should visit here some time, you sound pretty privileged
>>9590772
I wasnt the one who posted the pic or said that race realist stuff, genius
>>9590780
Yeah I see that all the time too, but is it ever white people attacking minorities? That's my point. Another genius here I see.

>> No.9590793

>>9590256
>Keep telling yourself all Asians photoshop if it makes you feel better about being ugly.
lol at that shitty bait and race-baiting, anon. Have you never seen an asian lolita and how many apps they run things through? Chinese lolitas shop themselves beyond recognition all the time.

Also, not all asians are uguu uwu babyfaced angels and it's so cringeworthy to even say that. A lot of them have their own form of bad jawlines, eyelids that need taping and have really flat noses. Do you understand why Korea is a plastic surgery capital? Asian doesn't equal babyfaced beauty and you must be a real weeb if you're "actually white" and think that.

>> No.9590802

>>9590496
>commiefornian

I moved to the states as a teen to a coastal city. Saw people in hijabs and saris all the time and figured, this was America, no big deal. Like how in movies people in Victorian New York were always Irish or Italian or Jewish. 'Give me your tired, your hungry, your poor.' Never thought anything of it.

I always liked the US and I'd get offended over the stereotypes of midwesterners as the kind of people who'd call anyone they disagreed with as 'communists.' It seemed like a cheap stereotype from the Cold War to downplay people who didn't live along the coasts.

I always thought the jokes about midwesterners being the kind of people who hated other cultures was a mean spirited exaggeration, like people along the coasts acted as though midwesterners still believed in segregation and lynchings in order to avoid that the coasts also had racial and cultural conflicts in their pasts.

But wow, so it really wasn't an exaggeration. You really do say stuff like "commiefornia."

As an immigrant, I have to ask: As you are an American, have you no sense of national pride? This is a country who dominated over others because it was a cultural melting pot, and I always thought that was a point of American pride. The Great Melting Pot.

If you are one of those Americans who identifies as Scots-Irish or One Sixteenth Cherokee Princess, surely you must see that you are yourself descended from immigrants. Immigrants who left their nations to find a better place. Unless they were off the Mayflower, they too probably faced discrimination: the Irish as thieves, Italians as apes, Swedes as squareheads, Germans as Krauts.

Doesn't it bother you at all that you are doing the very thing your ancestors sought to escape? Have you no pride as an American? Are you just some hayseed trying to pretend they can be like Europeans, claiming pride only in your religion or the color of your skin because your nation isn't old enough to claim its own unique racial qualifier?

>> No.9590807
File: 61 KB, 500x800, IMG_1466.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590802
This is some next level autism

>> No.9590814
File: 219 KB, 700x701, 1501174739040.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590802
Is this a new copypasta?

>> No.9590823
File: 394 KB, 598x564, 1444685903173.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9588618
>If you have less than 10 (brand) main pieces you're not really serious about lolita
>Lolita became too much about who has a big wardrobe

>> No.9590824

>>9590790
Its mostly white people where I live so yeah, they do attack the minorities and vice versa.
Quit being assumptious in hopes you're right.

>> No.9590832

>>9590824
But do they attack on the basis of race? I'm sure you have examples.

>> No.9590834

>>9590832
I'm not white and it's happened to me, so yes.

>> No.9590839

>>9590834
Not inbred-chan but I'm sorry to hear that, anon. Sucks that there are still areas in this country where you have to feel unsafe due to the color of your skin.

Commiefornia's got your back. All the white pride mutants are out in the desert.

>> No.9590840

>>9590834
What happened, if I may ask?

>> No.9590848
File: 269 KB, 400x273, usa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The idea of lolita comms seems kind of silly to me, especially since people complain about them so often. I'd rather go out and do stuff with a loved one while I'm in frills as opposed to hanging out with people whose only connection to me is our clothing. This isn't meant as an insult to people who are in comms, I just feel genuine confusion as to why some people keep participating despite it making them unhappy or feeling like a chore.

I don't believe in making fun of people unless they've done something significantly wrong or been rude in some way. Making fun of itas who are brand new to the fashion kind of feels like "punching down" in a sense--especially if it's someone who is nice or willing to receive crit.

Sack cuts and highwaisted cuts are cute.

Editing photos is no big deal and not really worth mentioning/arguing over since so many people do it. I also find that making fun of people who edit or smooth their features is counterproductive because they're clearly insecure, and there's no point in kicking somebody while they're down.

People who call innocent things ageplay (toy prints, stuffed animals, general pastel shit) are the actual issue because they're the ones sexualizing the things and the fashion.

>> No.9590851

>>9590848
>People who call innocent things ageplay (toy prints, stuffed animals, general pastel shit) are the actual issue because they're the ones sexualizing the things and the fashion.

I don't know how else to describe it, but there is something fundamentally strange seeing a grown woman decked out in decidedly toddler like imagery.

I always thought it seemed to link more to mental retardation, like your first instinct is to think the woman (being adult) has some kind of developmental issue in order to fixate on decidedly and uniquely childish things (toys, nursery prints, building block prints, pastel colors using the above mentioned childish themes,) but if there's a sexual subsect all about adults pretending to be toddlers, it kind of makes sense that that would be the other association people make.

A grown woman dressing up like a toddler is just unusual, and people are going to try to explain what they're looking at using what preconceptions they have.

>> No.9590858

>>9590851
I understand what you're saying to an extent, but I just can't see sweet lolita as "dressing up like a toddler." In my mind, that would have to be one fancy and fashionable toddler.

I also fail to see how appreciating nostalgic and cute things is a direct link to having mental issues. Some people appreciate cuteness for cuteness, so imagery that reminds them of all of the things that they used to (and still do) love makes them happy.

I can't really tell if you're speaking from your own perspective or providing a hypothetical perspective from an outsider of the fashion. It's interesting but it's kind of disturbing that someone would make snap judgments regarding mental stability based on frills. I don't enjoy seeing these kinds of judgments being made within our own community, but I tolerate them from outsiders because they have no clue what they're looking at.

>> No.9590894

Why are sjws filtering into 4chan

>> No.9590930

>>9590858
>I also fail to see how appreciating nostalgic and cute things is a direct link to having mental issues.

I think it's why I tried phrasing it as developmental issues. We all like cute things- You can buy fancy sculptures of carousel horses or a plushie of your favorite character.

But there's something inherently juvenile about imagery that uses building blocks and pacifiers and baby bottles. These aren't necessarily cute items, they are imagery that is inherently and solely linked to the developmental stage of a toddlers life.

An adult woman buying a stuffed tweety bird is something we can understand as nonstalgic and cute. Disney markets a lot of items with children's characters such as a Belle to adults knowing they can play on nostalgia.

But pastel blue and pastel pink items like you'd find in a nursery are just bizarre to see on a grown woman.

Here's the kick: it's your decision, that means you take responsibility for it. I go classic so I know to a lot of people I look like I'm in a costume, some I look like I'm dressing like a grandma. I'm okay with that because it's my choice to dress like this understanding how it looks to other people. I like the way it looks and this is the choice I made understanding how it may come across.

The same goes for the sweet types that like infantile imagery. Do you like this style enough to understand people are going to make judgements and assumptions about you in it?

There is no right or wrong answer. What do you like more, not being noticed in a crowd, or being noticed and risking people making judgements?

It's about what feels better for you. You can't change other people, but do you like the style enough that you're okay with what people might think?

>> No.9590931

>>9590894
Why is 4chan crawling with racist nutjobs

>> No.9590937

>>9590931
because it's 4chan...? are you new here?

>> No.9590943

>The only way to make money with cosplay is to basically be a softporn artist

All those kiddies writing "IMy dream is to make money doing cosplay" on their bio are basically saying: I want people to masturbate to me being a whore

>> No.9590947

>>9590943
What if I actually say that I want people to masturbate to me?

>> No.9590949

I think it's better to be a hugbox for itas instead of focussing on the negative. When someone dips their toes in a new fashion/subculture and the response is ''here is a 50 page handbook you have to read and you look like shit btw'', they will more likely leave lolita than feel motivated to get better.

>> No.9590951

>>9590949
This.
The adventurous nature inherent in street fashion is getting beat out of every newb by the threat of getting posted in an ita thread.

>> No.9590957

>>9590947
that's ok
I hate how people think they're something else than that
if you're self-aware I'm fine with it
I wo't want to associate with you, but you should have no problem with that anyways

>> No.9590971
File: 585 KB, 1952x2048, IMG_0111.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590943
This. Cosplay is a hobby, not a viable long-term career path
>I guess ~professional~ cosplayers just think they're going to be housewives in the future.
Also, all of you need to step away from the keyboard and go outside. Both sides.
>arguing politics off /pol/
The infestation of pol-posting on other boards is really getting annoying. You're not changing any minds by yelling at each other here, get back to your containment board.

In an attempt to get things back on-topic
>Most sweet isn't ageplay-like, AP fucked themselves over with a series of toddler prints back in the days of OTT sweet (c.2010). Before then we could just get around telling normies the name
>I don't miss old jfash hair and think stuff today looks more polished
>Historical classic that isn't Marie Antoinette-inspired is under appreciated.
This thread is probably nuked anyways. Oh well.

>> No.9590972

>>9590413
You're just searching for an excuse. The change of a white person being the best is 75/100, while for a black person it's 25/100. You're not changing mathematics... Eventually only 1 wins, but it was about what race the winner belonged to that has a lower change, not how big the change to win in general was.

>>9590463
Black people are associated with doing crimes because they more often do, most likely because they are more poor and it's the fastest, most easy way when you struggle. I'm my country, that are Maroccan people, and we don't even have such connotations with black people and have no problems with them at all. But you know what, in the end, people don't hate black, people hate poor. People link black to poor and criminal in the USA, but where I live, we have no ghettos or anything. Most poor people are white, and certain white people get that very hate because they linked white people in a certain style of clothes or living in certain neighborhoods to criminals, bad manners, etc. Yeah, it sucks, yes people tell you hard things. Know what? Crying about it doesn't make it better, only makes people dislike you. Forcing the whole world to listen to an American problem won't make things better, and just makes it sound like you're attentuonwhoring for the rest of the world. White people get told not to wear lolita or cosplay because we're not Asian. White people get complains when we cosplay a dark skinned character, and I've heard tons of "white people looked in cosplay" in general too. There will always be a small minority with a loud voice hating on you. There always will, no matter skin colour, no matter race. So stop acting like you're a special snowflake because of it, and like the whole world hates you while most people aren't racist, the minority who is is just loud.

>> No.9590982

>>9588878
Oh my god I love you. That's dumb as hell.

>> No.9590994

>>9590971
lolitas (and some normies) have really twisted ideas about what's ageplay-like

>> No.9590998

>>9590931
>>9590839
Why is everyone not from the coasts inbred or hicks. This is why there was a paradigm shift desu I've heard that before many times, if you're not a "progressive" you're inbred. So thanks, I'm glad sjwism is on it's way out
>>9590840
Seconded, I won't blindly believe like the other anon. I bet it was a bum or mentally ill person.

>> No.9591000

>>9590949
>>9590951
Bullshit. When I was just starting out, "ita bashing" was just as bad as it is now and people on LJ actually did it with their online handle and often face attached. It didn't stop me or many others from staying in the fashion and improving. If someone is so thin-skinned that they can't deal with some anonymous nobody saying their shoes don't match, good riddance to them.

>> No.9591009

>>9591000
Did you not read it wel or..? I didn't say it's gotten worse (though I do think we have higher standards now). Anyway, most people don't want to spend their money and free time doing something that isn't fun, and I guess most people are thin-skinned about their looks too.

>> No.9591022

>>9591009
You never said it got worse, but implied that it turns people away. There are more people into lolita now than ever before so clearly, the lack of ita-coddling hasn't actually deterred any significant number of people. If looking at ita threads makes lolita less fun for you then don't look at ita threads. I have no sympathy for someone who is so thin-skinned that the mere fact of ita threads existing anywhere on the internet ruins the hobby for them. They can go spend their money and free time on another hobby and pray they never find the snark communities for that one.
Personally I've heard way worse shit from 'normies' just wearing even toned-down IW style classic on public transport, so it's beyond me how someone too sensitive to ignore a bitchy anon post can survive in this fashion for any amount of time in the first place. Do they just never wear it outside?

>> No.9591026

>>9591022
There are also a lot more people complaining that their comm has been taken over by coslitas though. You know who like following a bunch of rules that tells them how to look? Cosplayers. You know who are put off by it? People who like fashion.
>Do they just never wear it outside?
I'm talking about people who quit lolita as beginners and people who think it's too difficult to start, so no.

>> No.9591033

>>9590998
Your not being on the coast has nothing to do with how badly you sound like an inbreed, inbred-chan.

You just sound like a bad parody of a yokel, except you seem to genuinely believe that stuff. The fact that you think gay people existing in a city makes that city liberal, the fact that you think people's religions should affect whether they are and are not allowed in a fashion, and using words like "commiefornia" are what make you come across as an inbreed.

Also the high likelihood of your parents being related if your intelligence, literacy, vernacular, and viewpoints are anything to go by.

>> No.9591035

>>9590930
I feel like you're talking about normie reactions when I'm talking more about other lolita's reactions. I don't care if normies feel confused by an adult who wears pastels. In most cases I'll never have to interact with them again and their opinions are completely irrelevant to my happiness. But other lolitas who insist that a bunch of nonsexual things in lolita fashion are ageplay confuse me. They know better because they know about the fashion. The term gets thrown around so often on here and in several other small communities I'm in. I think what's really happening is that people are so desperate to dissociate themselves from the "ageplay" label that they apply it to other things and other people in hopes that they'll fit in with others who echo the same things.

In the end, even if other lolitas decide to be rude, I'm not going to change my style for anyone. I hope that people are catching onto how out of hand the ageplay meme has gotten, and I still stand by my original point in my first post. The lolitas who sexualize innocent things are just as bad as the ageplayers who are doing exactly the same.

>> No.9591049

>>9591035
...There is no distinction between how an adult woman dressed up in nursery themes comes across to a Lolita and a "normie."

Most people in EGL are regular people who just happen to like a very particular fashion.

That doesn't somehow make a grown woman dressed specifically to look like a toddler any less strange.

The logic of "I'm dressing up because I'm nostalgic for being a toddler" doesn't really make it not weird.

Other lolitas are still normal people and they still going to wonder why a grown woman wants to dress like a toddler. Hence, fifty percent of us think you have bad judgement and look like you have developmental issues, and the other fifty percent think you're advertising your strange sexual fixations.

Goth, Victorian, most sweet- we can understand that. "She wants to look like a Victorian doll," "she wants to look like a gothic work," "she wants to look like a unicorn." We don't always understand it, but we can make sense of it.

"She wants to look like a toddler," however, crosses a certain boundary that most of us are squicjed by.

But again. You like it. If you're confident in your decision, this shouldn't bother you. Birdies look at all of us as freaks. In classic, sweet tend to look at us as grannies. That's other people. You can't control that.

>> No.9591050
File: 250 KB, 1440x1440, IMG_0467.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9590998
Are you just salty because you got posted to the CoF thread tho

>> No.9591054

>>9588555
I got one from them last year and despite not being ultra poof, it's dependable and has enough bounce (haven't tried it on any heavier fabrics though)

>> No.9591058

>>9591049
>Hence, fifty percent of us think you have bad judgement and look like you have developmental issues, and the other fifty percent think you're advertising your strange sexual fixations.
That sounds more like an "everybody else" problem than a "me" problem honestly.

I feel like you misunderstood my post and we're talking each other in circles so this interaction is kind of tired by now. The only reason I differentiate between other lolitas and normies is because other lolitas actually know what sweet lolita is, and should be at least semi-aware that it's not a sex thing.

>> No.9591061

>>9588642
as someone who's spent her entire life around religious types, the whole "oooh this flashy designer outfit is totally modest because you can't see my ankles oooh" is totally a thing and the argument that muslimlitas are the only ones doing this is pretty dumb

>> No.9591063

>>9591033
>says city is liberal in one post
>says its very gay in another when anon accuses me of homophobia
Ok, moron. Never said hijabs weren't allowed just that they're ita and I'm not even a lolita but I know the fashion has enough rules to realize they look ugly. If you have not seen the term commifornia on 4chan before you seriously need to lurk more.
Youre just another reactionary retard sjw.
>>9591050
I'm not a lolita, like hijablitas I realize I'm not suited for it

>> No.9591067

>>9589327
>You sound gay as fuck.
welcome to cgl, home of the lesbos

>> No.9591084

>>9591063
If you're not a Lolita, why does it concern you this badly that hijabs not be allowed/look bad in a fashion you don't even follow...

Honestly you sound like maybe you need less 4chan in your life, inbred-chan :( you sound lonely.

>> No.9591090

>>9591061
My grandma hates those types. When I used to go to church with her as a kid she'd always point out the "hussies" who used church as a way to be seen but hid behind plausible deniability.

I do agree that it's annoying when hijablolis do it, though. They're already wearing stuff they like that flies in the face of what their society expects of them, why not go one small step farther so they actually look good? Why stop at wearing jeans under your ostentatious dress for "modesty"? If you're going to rebel, rebel properly.

>> No.9591095

>>9591090

lol the rebellion is usually in the opposite direction, aka "those kafir (unbelievers) don't think we can dress fancy. Let's show them hijabis can be lolitas too! Watch me prove that muslimin can do whatever we want while being strictly religious!"

>> No.9591096

>>9591063
>I'm not a lolita, like hijablitas I realize I'm not suited for it
why aren't you suited for it? Fatty?

>> No.9591098

>>9591090
>If you're going to rebel, rebel properly.

I... I don't think I have ever seen anyone quite so thoroughly miss the point of rebellion in one sentence.

>> No.9591100

>>9591096
lol I love it, she knows she can't squeeze herself into a Japanese dress so to feel better she spends the day scouring through 4chan to decide who isn't fitted for EGL while she palms another fistful of cheetos down her gullet.

>f-f-fucking muslims aren't kawaii at all

>> No.9591107

>>9590776
There's something about the characters they pick always being barechested, and them having to make room in the design for a boobwrap that throws it off for me

>> No.9591110

>>9591095
Eh, I mean, is it being strictly religious though?

Until the Protestant reformation catholic women covered their hair. Until the 70s a lot of catholic women still used veils in church. Some catholic, Protestant, and Hebraic sects still use veils. An Amish woman wears a cap and is Christian. Is a woman who doesn't use a cap not Christian? Is the Amish woman not Christian for wearing a cap?

A Lutheran doesn't use magic underwear. Not all mormons believe in child rape. Some Mennonites fly in planes. Not all atheists are mouth breathing basement dwellers.

There isn't a catch all a Muslim code like there isn't a catch all a Christian code. Societies interpret it differently, communities interpret it differently, individuals interpret it differently. Ultimately thats how faith works

One Muslim woman may feel her legs are too exposed in tights, another might not. One Muslim woman might feel wearing a hijab is a part of her faith, another does not.

We see this every day across Christian communities in the states. Why do you think Muslims all must act like what you think a Muslim must act like? Why must their faith be made to fit your interpretation of their Faith?

You wanna use a hijab and full make up? I guarantee you most Christian women who go on about homophobia because of Leviticus never once stopped to wonder if they're wearing a poly cotton blend. There's a lot of us Catholics who frankly think Leviticus is BS laws written way back when we were a desert wandering people trying to build up an army so we don't believe the modern world should care if you're gay, whether you eat pork, or whether you wear fabrics of different fibers

How do people not understand this? You live with clashes within the Christian community every day of your lives. Why do you have to target Muslim women as though they're doing something you've never seen before? Each individual interprets their faith differently. So one Muslim Lolita might wear tights, another might wear jeans

>> No.9591111

>>9591100
You are so fuckin triggered it's sad. Don't you have bigger things on your mind?
I already stated my face is long and I don't look good in style. But I can appreciate it and like looking at it. Don't you like looking at the art you can't draw, or the sports you can't play?

I'm thin thanks. Fit into Japanese free sizes just like any other not-fattychan.

>> No.9591114

>>9590284
>lower chances of getting employed if you have a more obviously black name rather than a white one
>heavier sentences when arrested while black than you would get for being white, even if the crime is the same (especially in the case of weed)
>KKK being able to walk through your city and neighborhood while being protected by the police
But racism is over guys

>> No.9591121

>>9591114
That's only America anon. Most of the world don't have KKK.

>> No.9591122

>>9591110
>Pure virtue signalling and Muslim asspatting
Lol this is why I don't like hijablolis
You're also making excuses for someone being it's and breaking fashion rules so you can sound more progressive

>> No.9591124

>>9591111
>S-Stop getting all triggered m-m-my face is just too long

You avoid a fashion because your face is too long...?

Like, is your gigantic Hapsburg chin just tearing the collars open or do you just not want to admit you couldn't squeeze your jowls into a neckline?

Like, how long would your face have to be for it to put you off an entire fashion? Even that one ouji guy in New Zealand manages and the dude is all face.

I was just fucking around with the whole inbreeding thing but goddamn, girl. What could be wrong with your face that you'd be too scared to try out a fashion?

>> No.9591125

>>9591121
>implying there aren't other examples of racism in Europe

>> No.9591126

>>9591122
>fashion rules

You don't even dress Lolita, you autist. The rules change all the time. It's a fashion just like any other. Three years ago people on this very board would have a conniption fit over whether casual was a thing or not.

Why are you obsessed with something that isn't even a rule (plenty have co-orded with their hijab just fine) for one particular group in a fashion you don't follow?

>> No.9591127

>>9591121
I want to argue but inbred-chan is kind of helping your point.

>> No.9591129

>>9591122
>virtue signalling

If you're in a big city then you have *got* to get off 4chan and meet regular people, anon. This just ain't healthy.

>> No.9591132

>>9591098
I mean, if you're going to disobey a bunch of rules to achieve a certain look you like, why then turn around and adhere to one particular rule that ruins that look? If defined calves are too suggestive, why wear knee-length skirts that show your legs at all? Why not just wear ankle-length skirts or knee-high boots? I don't understand the half assing. IMO if you have (self-imposed) restrictions on how you can dress that just means you have to get more creative, not expect everyone else to pretend your jeans look good under a dress.

>>9591110
Nayrt but I agree that people from other religions can be just as hypocritical and silly. But my ultra conservative grandma and her tiny bumfuck village aside, the only people I encounter on a daily basis who make their religion a big part of their appearance are Muslims. No Christians in my country (including grams) wear veils or caps or whatever anymore. I've also never seen Christian girls or girls from other religions incorporate clashing pieces with lolita and excuse it by citing their faith. The only people I've ever see do that are Muslim, so yeah when I discuss this subject it's only natural I focus on Muslims. If a Mormon lolita wore special underwear that looked super awkward with her coord I'm sure we'd discuss that too, but I've never seen that happen.

>> No.9591135

>>9591114
When was the last time the KKK hurt anyone. Really now
>hate speech is free speech

>> No.9591138

>>9591122
Nayrt but how did you get virtue signaling from that post.
Anon was just explaining how religions aren't monolithic
That's a fact.
I personally don't give a flying fuck what someone has on their head though pants in lolita are automatic ita status.
>Hijabs look better than some of the fried rainbow messes I've seen on lolitas. Take care of your fucking hair
>Wigs are a cop out. Once again, take care of your damn hair
>half of the pinks used in sweet are ugly. Pastel or bust
>>9591124
>>9591111
I guess we know why the long face though

>> No.9591139

>>9591132
>I mean, if you're going to disobey a bunch of rules to achieve a certain look you like, why then turn around and adhere to one particular rule that ruins that look? If defined calves are too suggestive, why wear knee-length skirts that show your legs at all? Why not just wear ankle-length skirts or knee-high boots? I don't understand the half assing. IMO if you have (self-imposed) restrictions on how you can dress that just means you have to get more creative, not expect everyone else to pretend your jeans look good under a dress.

I actually agree with you entirely. Guess I'm spoiled because the Muslim Lolita's in my group coord pretty well.

If they're going to wear something over their tights or other than tights, if they get creative and can make it look good, I say go for it.

But you're absolutely right. If it looks bad, it looks bad. I don't think a hijab looks bad by virtue of being a hijab, but if you're wearing a lilac/pink coord with a bright red hijab then yeah, I see your point.

I don't think Muslim Lolita's should keep their religion out of it, but rather, I love to see the creative ways in which they can incorporate whatever item is important to them into the coord.

If you have to wear a black hijab, then go for a gothic outfit. But if you have to wear a black hijab, I agree that it would still look terrible with sweet, regardless of religious purposes.

>> No.9591140

>>9591124
Nah you're just backpedalling privilege-chan. Just like how you realize you fucked up when you said I said hijabs "shouldn't be allowed".

As said all over this thread, some faces do not fit the youthful look of lolita. Mine does not. It is suited for other jfash, but not lolita. You sound like someone who has a major flaw and is in the wrong substyle. You can't tell you look bad. At least I recognize what a waste some clothes would be on me and how they'd only highlight the flaws of my face with the contrast.

>> No.9591142

>>9591135
It's not just "speech", the KKK is a group literally made under the banner of terrorism and advocating for murder of black people and other non-white people for the sake of white supremacy. It's not just some kooky religious group trying to get you to sue by showing up picket signs, it's a literal terrorist group.
If ISIS chilled out for a couple years, but was still very much a thing, and went strolling through your neighborhood one day, I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

>> No.9591143

>>9591138
>wigs are a copout
Opinions discarded

>> No.9591146

>>9591126
>Three years ago people on this very board would have a conniption fit over whether casual was a thing or not.
Thats just because lolitas on cgl are (sometimes willfully) ignorant

>> No.9591152

>>9591126
>>9591129
That anon isn't me you asshats
>>9591142
You have no understanding of the slippery slope that happens when you take the first amendment away.

>> No.9591153

>>9591135
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/23/opinions/stop-mainstream-lynching-opinion-love/index.html
>White supremacist Sean Urbanski -- a University of Maryland student and member of the "Alt-Reich: Nation" Facebook group -- allegedly stabbed to death Richard Collins III, a black graduating senior at Bowie State and an Army lieutenant
If this can happen in 2017, and you don't think there's reason for people to be more than a little bit iffy about the fucking KKK making a resurgence and marching through cities and neighborhoods with the police by their side, you're blind.

>> No.9591155

>>9591140
More projection going on here than an IMAX.

Sorry your old lady face isn't suited for EGL. That you're so bitter over that that you spend time going after Muslim Lolitas and trying to decide for yourself who is and isn't ita in order to feel better about yourself is just sad.

I have no idea how I can sound like I have a major flaw while being in the wrong sub style? Like, do you think I am a Muslim or that I wear a hijab and thereby don't fit your standards?

You don't have to be a Muslim or wear a hijab to be in possession of common human empathy, anon.

>> No.9591156
File: 21 KB, 379x440, 17361477_1661973877438471_698932957_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591142
Is Black Lives Matter any better though?

>> No.9591157

>>9591152
Sorry, ignorant bigots kind of tend to sound alike :( my bad

>> No.9591158

>>9591152
And you have no understanding of the slippery slope that happens when you encourage and protect zealous terrorists who advocate murder to proudly march through public places filled with innocent people. This is what you sound like:
>W-What? People are getting killed? Ok but at least they were allowed to voice their opinions!

>> No.9591159

>>9591156
Holy shit did BLM start lynching people? When did that happen?

>> No.9591160

>>9591158
>W-What? People are getting killed? Ok but at least they were allowed to voice their opinions!
**they being the murders

>> No.9591161

>>9591140
I agree with the whole hijabs don't look good in lolita, but your face thing is just retarded. your face couldn't be soo bad that it looks bad in lolita, unless you are hideously ugly. Wigs and make up can really change a lot.

>> No.9591162

>>9591158
It's free speech when white people are calling on their countrymen to kill people of other races, but terrorism when anyone else does it, let's be real here.

>> No.9591163

>>9591156
As far as I know, BLM was formed to stand against police brutality. Any participants who do criminal acts are not doing it in representation of Black Lives Matter.
Meanwhile, the KKK proudly and happily stand for killing anyone who's not white and have gladly taken credit for lynchings, cross-burning and stone cold murder for 150 years.

>> No.9591164
File: 19 KB, 360x359, IMG_0470.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591161
Make up can only do so much, let's be real here.

>> No.9591165
File: 52 KB, 400x414, 911-planes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591162
Ok.

>> No.9591167

>>9591159
Did you miss them associating with antifa and smacking people in the back of the skull with bike locks?

>> No.9591169

Guys please, take it to /pol/ if you're not even going to try to relate this topic back to cosplay or Jfashion.

>> No.9591172
File: 107 KB, 992x558, IMG_0471.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591165
Kay

>> No.9591173

>>9591169
Yeah, good point. Sorry. I forgot /pol/ tends to leak.

>> No.9591174

>>9591165
Wasn't that literally something America did, then pinned on another country to justify war?

>> No.9591178

>>9591153
Lol look at the linked source for your quote. Laughable. You're not gonna convince anyone with that trash.

>> No.9591179

>>9591164
true, but she says
>I already stated my face is long and I don't look good in style. But I can appreciate it and like looking at it
So she is saying she isn't hideous. wigs could definitely be used to help hide horse face

>> No.9591181
File: 470 KB, 740x650, islam.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591172

>> No.9591183

>>9591172
What political motive did he have to classify it as terrorism

>> No.9591184

>>9591178
>a summarized version of an actual crime report is now a quote
Okay, then, here's a few other sources.
https://www.thenation.com/article/lynching-university-maryland-campus/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/22/what-alt-reich-nation-facebook-group-fbi-investigating-possible-hate-crime-university-maryland/335961001/
http://www.inquisitr.com/4242403/suspect-in-university-of-maryland-lynching-was-a-member-of-racist-alt-reich-nation/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/richard-collins-iii-father-black-student-murder-bowie-state-university-hate-crime-accept-degree-army-a7753266.html
Yes, this actually happened. Wanna dodge some more? Are you going to try and discredit every news site ever?

>> No.9591185

Guys, take it to /pol/

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of OTT anything. Classic looks like costume, sweet looks like sissy. Goth is the only one that might pull it off, but even then it looks too much like a costume.

I think prints look kind of tacky. A border print is fine, but the trend for all over chaotic prints like what you see coming out of Chinese companies is too much.

>> No.9591187

I don't like what most lolitas consider "casual." For me, casual is wearing simple pieces for everyday wear, such as a solid OP or a simple JSK or skirt with a blouse or lacy cutsew and minimal accessories. I see a lot of lolitas wearing casual as a short brand skirt with a brand tee and sometimes even sneakers and flats, which isn't bad but isn't that already straining far off from the lolita aesthetic despite the pieces being burando? It just looks more like normie fashion to me and less like actual lolita, which I don't think is the point of the substyle

>> No.9591195

>>9591187
Yeah, I have to agree. It's hotter than the surface of the sun where I live but I can't imagine wearing a t shirt with a skirt and still call it lolita.

I can understand casual as a JSK with no blouse and a chiffon bolero.

But just wearing a skirt and calling it a coord is pushing it. Why not just go for the Otome-kei look, then? Skip the t-shirt and use an elegant blouse but there you go.

>> No.9591202

>>9591187
>>9591195
Cutsews and skirts have been worn in lolita since the beginning of time. I'm sorry that's not your aesthetic (desu it's not mine either) but please let's not pretend this is some new fangled trip off the lolita path

>casual substyle
kill this meme

>> No.9591204
File: 97 KB, 366x640, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591202
dropped pic

>> No.9591206

Here are mine, I guess.

>As much as I dress for myself and honor my own sense of style, I always try to take into account how my boyfriend feels, to a point. His opinions are important to me because I love him. There's a middle ground, obviously. If he complains that I'm going to draw too much attention to him in public, I won't wear the clothes I like when I'm going out with him. If he tries to make me stop wearing them entirely because he thinks I look stupid, I'll (politely) tell him to piss off.

>I think certain hairstyles don't go with Lolita, which is why I support wigs so much. Unless you're very, very attractive (and also not going OTT), please try to have voluminous hair. And bangs. Find the right type of bangs for you, and rock them. The whole world doesn't need an eyeful of your forehead and hairline.

>I think white girls look better in Gothic and classic than sweet.

>A lot of old-school Lolita actually does look ita as fuck, and seagulls only gas them up for nostalgia reasons.

>> No.9591207
File: 95 KB, 737x621, IMG_9202.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591184
>alleged
Yeah there's the fb page but he's not convicted. I also like how your reactionary type calls a stabbing a "lynching". You're so wrapped around paid journalists' fingers no wonder you believe everything you read and assume the worst about people. What a bitter life.
>>9591181
Tfw actual truck of peace incident happened on my campus and after the cops clapped the guy at the funeral his mom said "I love you my son I don't know why they kill you"

>> No.9591210

>>9591207
You can go "okay but it reads alleged" for as long as you like, but there hasn't been any other suspect fingered, and they've had quite a while to find one.
>assume the worst about people
Yes, I and a shitload of other people are so bitter for assuming the worst about....a white supremacist. Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound? Actually, don't bother answering. You probably do.

>> No.9591212

>>9591195
>>9591187

Not an unpopular opinion, but I sure hate summer.

>> No.9591216

>>9591210
How do you know he's a white supremacist though? I don't know anything about this case but is it because he likes trump and memes?
And you assumed i must be inbred and a hick and racist because I live in the Midwest and not the diversity utopia that is LA or NYC.

>> No.9591222

>>9591216
>How do you know he's a white supremacist though?
How many people do you know who join white supremacist FB groups for fun?
>trump and memes
Did you even read the news articles?
>Mitchell said the Facebook group was filled with "despicable" content, Heavy reported.
>“When I looked at the information that’s contained on that website, suffice it to say that it’s despicable, it shows extreme bias against women, Latinos, members of the Jewish faith and especially African Americans,” Mitchell said,
"H-Hehe j-just trump n memes xd"
>you assumed i must be inbred and a hick and racist because I live in the Midwest and not the diversity utopia that is LA or NYC.
What? I'm not whoever called you that.

>> No.9591227

>>9590213
I don't understand how you survive in this fashion.

>> No.9591228
File: 1.87 MB, 1524x1480, IMG_1769.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591222
Did you even look at the "despicable" content? You do no investigation for yourself.
>pic related
Wow so terrible

>> No.9591230
File: 2.21 MB, 1466x1850, IMG_1771.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591228

>> No.9591232

>>9591228
>>9591230
Those look to be on 9gag.
Can you provide proof or a source for those being the only content from that FB group, or them being in the FB group at all?
You tried.

>> No.9591238
File: 54 KB, 800x450, IMG_1772.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591232
From this article but pic related is from buzzfeed's reporting on the fb page for your convenience. http://www.thedailybeast.com/accused-killer-of-black-soldier-liked-pro-trump-pro-white-memes
Liking tasteless racist jokes and drunkenly stabbing a guy does not always equate to omg hate crime.

>> No.9591242

>>9591183
Terrorism isn't always political

>> No.9591246

>>9591238
>One post he liked was titled: Trump isn’t lying that hispanics are taking the land away and that times are bad...” The post included several graphics claiming the white race was dying at the hands of minorities. “Uh oh here come the Hispanics saying it was their land first,” Urbanski commented.
>Urbanski liked another post that said “leftists” are “murderers” who are “freely attacking our race in the media,” who promote “third world immigration,” “white guilt propaganda,” and “openly promoting us to breed away.”
You conveniently left this out. So, we've established that besides "liking tasteless racist jokes", he also actually is a racist.
Do you think his "instincts" might have kicked in when he saw a black guy waiting for an Uber with his friends?
>Oh no he was just drunk he's not racist or a white supremacist poor babu
You're literally blind.

>> No.9591248
File: 38 KB, 699x357, IMG_1773.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591242

>> No.9591252

>>9591238
I know what you mean. I stab random black people all the time when I'm drunk. We shouldn't be labeled for it :(

>> No.9591257

guys this isn't even remotely cgl related anymore pls stop

>> No.9591258
File: 31 KB, 554x189, Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 4.51.26 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591248
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terrorism

>> No.9591259

>>9591248
Fuck off w bush

>> No.9591261 [DELETED] 
File: 1.07 MB, 1524x1694, IMG_1774.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591246
Those pictures that your greentext goes along with? Preservation. Preservation is not supremacist.
>>9591252
All hate crimes can be murder but not all murders can be hate crimes.

>> No.9591262

>>9591257
Report posts

>> No.9591263

>>9591257
The thread is autosaging, anyway. This conversation will die with it.

>> No.9591270

wish we could ban people who regularly derail threads

>> No.9591272

>>9591257
Nah. anything to fight this retarded narrative. Why are Americans so gullible, I swear.

>> No.9591275 [DELETED] 
File: 1.94 MB, 894x1198, embed2_ebgzvy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591261
The picture you just posted coupled with the title directly that implies white people are killing themselves because of non-white people. You're literally contradicting yourself when you claim he isn't racist.
"Preservation" (lmao) in itself might not be racist, but him liking posts about punching Arabs, the shit in >>9591238
and pic related? Yeah, altogether, this is not looking good for him. You're pathetic for trying to split hairs this much. Yes, he was racist. Yes, he stabbed an innocent person who happened to be one of the races he enjoyed attacking online and accusing of "causing the white race to die".
I'm not the one who called you an inbred, a hick and a racist, but I'm starting to suspect they were right.

>> No.9591277

>>9591272
no one cares, we just wanna talk about dresses.

>> No.9591278

>>9591275
I forgot to add that I'm going to stop replying here because derailing is bad. I'm just sick of mentally ill /pol/ garbage leaking everywhere. Go back to your containment board, seriously. Nobody likes you.

>> No.9591283

>>9591275
I'm sure you have never once laughed at a racist joke, huh. Your own inbred brain can't figure out that I'm not denying he's racist, but that maybe people should not automatically equate a murder with a hate crime just because the guy was black and because the murderer has tasteless humor and wasn't too smart.
>attacking
lol

>> No.9591287

>>9591283
>I'm not denying he's racist
The backpedaling is strong with you.
>inbred
Weren't you whining about being called this like 3 posts ago? Hypocrisy.

>> No.9591289

>>9591278
>derailing is bad
you could've reported posts.

>> No.9591294

>>9591287
Yeah...never once said the guy was a model citizen. And you shot first.

>> No.9591295

Here are mine. Pretty bland but maybe my comm is too nice, I get flack for even joking about these things.

>all lolitas should have some kind of bangs, middle-parting is unacceptable
>if you don't have at least one brand main piece you're not serious about the fashion
>lolitas over 120lbs should just stick to tights

>> No.9591300

>>9591294
You claimed people were "assuming the worst about people", then started pretending you weren't trying to defend him when you basically contradicted yourself.
>you shot first
I also like how your reactionary type calls a reply on 4chan a "shooting".

>> No.9591307

>>9591300
I never defended HIM I defended the fact that it's not proven that it was hate-motivated and people jumping to conclusions based on some liking some retarded internet posts isn't smart. Learn to look at things objectively.

>> No.9591313

>>9591307
>I defended the fact that it's not proven that it was hate-motivated
You never said "It's not proven it was hate-motivated", you tried to argue with him being racist right off the bat.
Okay, now I'm really done and I'm going to let this pitiful thread sink. Go ahead and backpedal harder, but as you do it, please adopt a trip so I can filter you.

>> No.9591316

>>9591277
Forgive me for having fed into this derail early on.

Should somebody just make a new unpopular thread so this abortion can be gassed?

>> No.9591323

>>9591316
Yeah, this one already hit bump limit.

>> No.9591353

>>9591313
Actually right off the bat I said "alleged, yeah there's the Facebook page but he's not convicted". Sounds pretty neutral to me.
You're a reactionary who doesn't think objectively nor can remember what other people have said. You are projecting your bias against progressive skeptics onto me. End of story.

>> No.9591435

>>9591159
I while back. The media hasn't really been reporting it, but they've been going around killing white people and cops for a while.

>> No.9591437

>>9590834
>Its mostly white people where I live so yeah, they do attack the minorities and vice versa.
>But do they attack on the basis of race? I'm sure you have examples.
>I'm not white and it's happened to me, so yes.

Getting attacked isn't necesarry because you're a minority. You can be a minority and be attacked because of other reasons. American seem to file many things on "you just attack me because I'm a minority" while that's not the reason at all. Get an actual literal example or stop complaining. Talking around the question "do you have an example" just makes it look like you're trying to find a way to be right when you're not, and makes thing worse, not better.

>> No.9591439

>>9591353
t. inbred-chan

>> No.9591440
File: 51 KB, 600x459, 101101114881488.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9591238
Those are all normie-tier memes desu.

>> No.9591447

>>9590949
I highly disagree. The world is not an "everybody is your big friend" kind of place. That's not how it works. That's not how humans work. If you take any option to laugh at weird things away because "you might hurt someone feelings and they might stop doing it", people go cramp it up. Know what happens then? People will start doing the exact same thing, but now in a back-stabbing kind of way. Everyone will think you're weird, talk behind your back, but no one tells you until you find out yourself accidentally, and then you're feelings hurt even more because everyone lied. Making the world a safe-space is a long term plan for making people mentally exhausted and breaking them eventually, and a great way to make humans stop trusting each other. If you want to be different, learn to take the consequences, or go with the biggest herd ("normal people") where it's save. Humans are herd animals, and it's simply how our socialisation works.

I also think people on 4chan are sometimes extra salty because places like Facebook are becoming more and more of a hugbox.

>> No.9591454

>>9591440
>Ebola-chan
>normie
If by "normie", you mean "social outcast who spends most of their time on 4chan", yeah.

>> No.9591462

>>9591114
>>9591135
Last time I heared about the KKK it was because a black woman joined them because she "felt white on the inside". She actually hated black people and wanted to linch them, but she was white on the inside so she didn't count. Thank you for reminding me of that stupidity I can laugh about.

>> No.9591464

>>9591462
She's like alternate universe Rachel Dolezal.

>> No.9591465

>>9591462
The KKK actually endorsed Carson during the primaries.

>> No.9591476

>>9591125
Tell me, what huge anti-black people group do we have in Europe nowadays? And one that's actually got stuff done, before you start calling groups that are loud, but everyone things are stupid and get arrested if they would try something...

There are racist people everywhere, but on most places it's a small minority that's looked down upon. Most people in the world are not racist. That America has huge issues with racist doesn't make the whole world have issues.

>>9591163
BLM does however, act like blacks should now be threaded better than white people because they had it so tough, instead of equally. They also are made out of a bunch off middle-class and high-class people who use an actual problem THEY never experiences that way to gain attention, in such a way it annoys people to death and people who actually have struggles get bad connotations because of them. They might not linch people, but they do make it harder for those who actually have problems with the issue. Just like those people who try to get all famous on the idea that they are trans. It doesn't make people think trans are better, it makes people think they are special snowflakes who use it as an excuse to go attention whoring. BLM does that for black people an racism.