[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 18 KB, 1200x675, ssar3g.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9468610 No.9468610[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Last thread exceeded bump limit. >>9466375

Talk about cgl-related feels and don't sperg out about off-topic /r9k/-tier shit. Try to keep on topic.

>> No.9468624

I want to die.

>> No.9468643

>>9468624
Why?
I think you're using feels threads a bit too literally.

"I am scared" is a feeling, but is not really valid as a post in a feels thread.

"I am scared because my dad spilled semen on my dress" is a better alternative.

>> No.9468647

I am angry.

>> No.9468656

My hands are cold.

>> No.9468666

I sold my dream dress because it was too big for me and I couldn't bring myself to cut it up. Feel empty.

>> No.9468672

>>9468666
I bet the dress felt more empty desu

>> No.9468676

I haven't had any sells on Etsy in the past 8 days. I don't think I've ever gone this long without a sale. Idk what is happening. I even started an instagram account a month or two ago and have 150 followers, but that has lead to very little extra traffic.

>> No.9468682

>cosplayer but like lolita for dem aesthetics
>can't afford both and want to get better at cosplay
>spend too much on shoes and clothes that I barely ever wear
>just want to sell off all of this stufd I have sitting around

I JUST WANT TO HAVE MONEY AND SPACE IN MY ROOM AGAIN BUT NO ONE WANTS TO BUY MY STUFF.

>also taking forever to sort my passport out

>> No.9468691

>>9468672
It's going to be filled with another woman

>> No.9468720
File: 13 KB, 320x240, 1324140349047.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ordered cosplays off taobao 2 months ago
>need them for con in 3 weeks
>last piece finally being delivered to the ss this week
>gonna have to pay out the ass for express shipping to get everything on time

And here I thought 2 months would be enough time. Live and learn I guess.

>> No.9468755

>>9468666
Awww this is super sad. You should've cut it and kept it forever anon.

>> No.9468757

>>9468676
Sales usually dry up around summer. People save or go to vacation. A lot of big retailers also struggle for summer sales don't worry about it.

>> No.9468771

Maybe this isn't exactly feels related, but does anyone else feel this kind of weird irony when they see dozens of posters verbally ripping cosplayers apart in the bad cosplay thread, yet dozens of posters also consistently mention buying their cosplays online?

To me, it seems as if you shouldn't really be critiquing someone else's costume if you don't have extensive experience making costumes yourself. It's with the knowledge of costume fabrication, which comes from making your own cosplays, that proper criticism can be formed. You wouldn't take a food critic seriously if he or she has never touched a stove or pan, for example. However, having been on /cgl/ for years now, I see more posters talk about buying their costume online than I see posters talk about making their costume, even when taking the help thread into account.

Are the people "critiquing" (or making fun of) cosplayers in the bad cosplay thread the same ones who buy their cosplays online? I'm led to believe this is indeed the case, based off posting patterns I've noticed on this board. Which is really ironic, and honestly, quite a bit hypocritical, given that they don't have the proper knowledge of sewing, foam work, pepakura, SFX, etc. required to formulate a reputable opinion, much less extensively criticize others' costumes.

>Inb4 "sorry you were posted lelel meme"

Nah, I just wanted to point out some hypocrisy I've noticed and hear others' viewpoints on it.

>> No.9468798

>>9468771
Why are u on cgl then?

>> No.9468808

>>9468771
I agree with this to an extent. I reckon buying cosplay and then shit-talking people that try and make their own is a petty thing to do, but valid criticisms can be made.

Obviously criticism from another person that makes their own stuff is going to be more valuable than criticism from some dipshit that bought their cosplay from ebay, but there are areas where knowledge of the craft isn't required give a bit of help

>> No.9468815

>>9468771
>>9468808
Bring this up in the bad cosplay thread instead

>> No.9468840

>>9468682
>NO ONE WANTS TO BUY MY STUFF
Ever heard of getting a fucking job?

>> No.9468849

>>9468840
Anon they probably have money, they want to get things sold not solely for monetary gain. They want to clear up space. Did you fail comphrehsive reading in school??

>> No.9468861

>>9468849
Dunno whats so hard about donating shit or just dumping them in the trash when they need space when they have money though

Yeah I failed reading while you failed your logic classes

>> No.9468862

>>9468849
This. I just want some space. And a bit of my money back wouldn't be bad. And yeah, I've got a job.

>> No.9468873

>>9468861
I guess you're not a Lolita then

>> No.9468895

>>9466530
>I'm angry, obviously.

Had five different officials tell me that.

Just learn to cope with it, that kind of people DO NOT change and the only way to live with it is to go around the problem. I was lucky enough to find a good full time job before I started going in to debt, and now I put half in to savings and one quarter in to hobbies to stay mentally stable.

I dont hope my mother will turn things around, its not possible, I hope that one day my life will improve and that I will come out sane and whole again (if I ever was sane and whole though, I was essentially a Calvin as a kid).

Biggest issue at the present that I havent been able solve though, relationships. Maybe I have superficial standards, but I cant meet anyone who understands my life. I dont blame my country where 99% of all young people today get to avoid bad childhods, I think everyone deserve it and that they shouldnt be blamed for it, but its people like me who take the bullet for it, twice.

Your mom sounds more wacko than mine, and I sincerely hope things will get brighter for you soon. Focus on getting a job that pays well regardless of what it is. They say that money doesnt make you happy or that it drains your soul, but I feel a lot more happy and content with a stuffed bank account.

>> No.9468907

>>9468895
Thanks for sharing. Now, how can you tie these feelings back to cgl? :)

>> No.9468908
File: 527 KB, 599x600, mio dojima.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Repost since it got lost in the craziness:

I used to never exercise and now I've been faithfully doing it these past 3 weeks. But every time I attempt jogging, my knee and/or shin get injured and I have to take a week-long break. My sister keeps insisting I jog but when I explain it to her she brushes it off with a simple-minded "You just don't want to work hard!" and it pisses me off soooooo much. I know my limits and I will keep to them until I can safely and slowly push them farther. She tries to get me to exercise with her but I always refuse because she's on a different level. She's been exercising for 10 years and yet she expects me to match her pace. Even when I explain to her that it's irresponsible and unreasonable to expect that of me, she still doesn't take me seriously and tells me I'm being lazy.

Seriously, my sister can go screw herself.

>> No.9468910

>>9468908
Do you have good running shoes
Are you fat

>> No.9468912
File: 62 KB, 758x426, AnimeCooking_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Repost:

Sometimes I delude myself into thinking that I'm not as much of a weeb as I actually am. But then I'll read a manga and transform a part of my life because I'm so deeply affected by it. It's always a positive change, but GOD sometimes I am in no way redeemable in this weeby hell.

Example: read a food/cooking manga and suddenly I want to change the entire way I approach cooking by trying new things, going the extra mile, be unafraid of dirtying a ton of dishes so I can make a good meal, buying fresh groceries and not going my usual lazy route of frozen/canned, etc.

The two food/cooking manga I'm talking about are Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles and Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan. Hakumei & Mikochi made me want to make soap and other stuff. Yuru Camp made me set up a camping trip with friends.

>> No.9468919

>>9468910
Good running shoes - yes. Got some $80 Adidas running shoes. Also actively trying to keep good running form when jogging.

Fat - used to be slightly overweight. Currently 15 lbs below overweight. TMI: I can still feel my flat and fat butt hit my thick thighs when I jog and I cannot wait to burn that off me. Feels disgusting.

>> No.9468920

>>9468919
Frankly I think it's best to ask /fit/ or go to a doctor

>> No.9468922

>>9468916
Haha, yeah... I don't want to flaunt my power levels, so I just tell them I came across something online or picked up a magazine or something normie-ish.

>> No.9468930

>>9468920
I'm just making a guess here, but I think it's because I just haven't strengthened the muscles around my knees and shins so it can't support the shock to my joints. I'm also stretching every night, so it should lessen chance of injury. Anyway, I'll do as you suggested and go to /fit/ and/or research online later. Thank you.

>> No.9468934
File: 14 KB, 469x469, ethanfmsu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>snack too much for like a month
>look at pics of self in lolita this week
>I have a little gut
>the con is in under a month

>> No.9468975

To the anon with the little brother, check the past thread at the bottom for some advice.
>>9468908
If you live near an appropriate area, try some plain old hiking. It's still a good workout due to uneven terrain, but you'll be less likely to experience injury. There's no shame exercising without your sister.

>> No.9468980

>>9468682
If you are completely desperate to get rid of it, consider dropping the price far below its value. People who otherwise would not buy it may bite more readily if you offer it as a highly reduced cost.

I'd only drop the prices if you just really want to see that stuff go.

>> No.9469041

>>9468861
>just throw away things that you can make money off of
>"ever heard of getting a fucking job?"

you've been extra from the womb to the tomb you salt truck

>> No.9469090

I'm a guy who adores lolita and girly fashion. Would have loved to meet someone whom I could buy stuff for but I'm getting too old for that now and am doomed to die alone. I have long since accepted that fate and 'try' not to let it get to me. It's hitting me like a ton of bricks today though because it's my birthday. Every once in a while I cave into temptation and buy things like shoes dresses etc, but I'm not into crossdressing, I just like to have them around. I'd like to think I could have made a cosplayer real happy at one point in time, but instead it's gone to waste. Can't be helped I guess.

>> No.9469117

>go to AP store for some pre-finals retail therapy
>see dress I've been wanting
>buy wallet and socks instead, because I actually need them
>have new stuff, but feel strangely unsatisfied because I bought things out of necessity, not want

Is this what adulthood feels like?

>> No.9469141

>>9467505
That's a good idea! I don't know where the page is for the event but if I manage to find it I'll try and do that.

>>9467656

Yes, LA! Thanks for the encouragement. It's my first meetup in general so I have a lot of anxiety, still not sure if I'll go or not. It's relieving to hear that the theme isn't super compulsory though.

>> No.9469144

>>9469090
Want to be my online sugar daddy anon? I'll do private shows for you in exchange for brand

>> No.9469171

>>9469144
lol, thanks for the offer but I don't think I want to be one of "those guys".

>> No.9469184

>>9469171
You won't be though, I'm a middle aged guy as well.

>> No.9469209

>>9469184
That's actually kind of what I meant by one of "those guys". Guys who dump their wallets out for other guys on the net who pretend to be girls in mmos and the like.

>> No.9469215

>>9468908

Your sister is probably right.

Humans are made to run, push through the pain, come out the other end stronger.

>> No.9469219

Feeling like garbage lately. Not able to even wear lolita because I am so out of it. I went to the hospital only to be told what it may be not a confirmed diagnosis. It's possibly the nerves coming away from my spine... pray for me gulls

>> No.9469231

>>9469219
Jesus. Good luck, anon

>> No.9469248

>>9469209
lol the guy above that wasn't me
I'm the camgirl who lurks cgl, I'm a real live lolita pay to play whore

>> No.9469252

>>9469248
>implying this isn't bait

>> No.9469271

>>9469252
It's true! Only a matter of time until I get found out

>> No.9469297

Is anyone else slightly afraid of girls? I want to Get Involved™ in my comm but it's pretty intimidating to think about (especially since I'm not the best looking, so every coord has to make up for that).

>> No.9469306

>>9468624
Follow your dreams.

>> No.9469327

>>9469248
Sad thing is, even though I don't want to be one of those guys, it's still slightly tempting and probably the best offer I'll ever get.

>>9468624
Me too, me too...

>> No.9469328

Making a sewing room. What should I add to it?

>> No.9469352

Ughhh I wish I still didn't live with my mom. For context I'm 21, waiting for recently graduated friends to save up, so it's not really a matter of laziness - got $12K saved up, I just want a friend roomie. I'm afraid to disturb the balance in the household by demanding her to get her nose out of my bank account or get a new one made and have her notice. Just got a tense talk on spending $380 on the Misty Sky MTO and to make matters worse three packages arrived day after day from Taobao/Wunderwelt/CC which only further represents my "wasteful spending". And now here comes that other coupon sale item from WW tomorrow, sigh... All the happiness of getting that good deal on an item I really needed for my wardrobe and wanted is gone.

I know this is all just because I'm too much of a pussy to get a new bank account and too afraid to create a stressful enviornment if I tell her to leave how I live life and choose to spend money alone. Being surrounded by friends with fun, accepting, nerdy families makes me so jealous...

>> No.9469383

>>9469352
If you're 21 I think you're well within your right to get your own bank account. You're an adult and can live how you want. It's your money, use it how you want. You don't tell her how to spend her money right?

>> No.9469384
File: 81 KB, 500x281, nico.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Starting to stress out about a group cosplay that I'm in. Originally it was just going to be the three of us doing these costumes (Love Live!) but my friend started getting ambitious and invited some of our other friends in this group so that we'd have all nine girls.

The actual costumes aren't difficult in of themselves but there are a few members of this group that can't sew and are too large to simply buy the outfit off of Ebay. We haven't even started making them yet and the con is the first week of July.

The thought of being in this group is seriously killing any drive that I had to make this costume because I have a couple other cosplays to make for this con too so I'm definitely not in the mood to help these girls, yet I feel like I'd be shat on if I didn't by my friend group and I'm not strong enough to just tell them all to fuck off so I guess I'll just slowly die until after the con.

>> No.9469392

>>9469328
A shoebill.

>> No.9469411

>>9469384
Can you talk to anyone else in the group about this? Maybe one of them can talk to the new members in your place and let them know they should pull their own weight or gtfo?

>> No.9469418

>>9468610
My dream dress popped up a few weeks back, and I saw it via the closetchild email on my phone while i was on a train. By the time I got home it was already gone... I still feel really sad about it. I almost cried when I missed it, lol.

>> No.9469439

The more I learn about lolita fashion, the more it looks like a huge waste of money, tears, and time. You do you, get that dress that you want and all that. I won't try to stop you. But it just feels like there are so many more worthy things to put your resources into. I've played with the idea of becoming a really good seamstress and making a fashionable indie lolita brand to make bank off of, but even that sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Good luck with everything, y'all.

>> No.9469454

>>9469352
I had a share account with my mom and was dealing with the same stuff (she had to sign up for it with my when I first opened it after getting a job at 17). Not sure if your bank will let you do this, but I literally just walked in, said "I want to take my mom off the account", and now she doesn't have access.

Also, I feel you about the mom drama and wanting to move out.

>grew up with borderline, abusive mother
>ducked out at age 18 to move in with boyfriend after dating for 3 months
>moved out from his place after a little over a year because would you believe after jumping into something serious like that he'd turn out to be a giant dick?
>have lived away from parents for almost 5 years
>my soon-to-be 18 year old sister trying to get me to find a place with her after she graduates because mom's apparently gotten worse
>funshit.jpg

>> No.9469457

>got a second job couple of months ago
>find out some of my co-workers are really into cosplaying,anime, etc
>they are somewhere between 20-25 years old
>im 30

I think im getting to the point where i feel like i might be getting too old for this.
Even though i have friends around my age who I go to cons with, its just that almost every time i meet new people, they are so much more younger than I am.
It would be nice to cosplay with other people but I dont want to be that old fart among them.

>> No.9469459

>>9469418
>crying about physical possesions
The very definition of vain

>> No.9469467

>>9468771
I would take a food critic seriously if they burned water. I certainly wouldn't let them tell me how to make it but you don't have to be a chef to have developed taste.
sometimes you can be able to see what's wrong in others' works before having yourself ascended those mistakes. just because they can't do it right either doesn't mean their critiques are wrong.
I understand how you feel but it seems at the core you are saying you aren't ready for con crit.

>> No.9469470
File: 7 KB, 150x137, goodnightcgl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i'm so thankful that my family supports me wearing lolita. they've never once given me a problem with it and don't even flinch when i wear something a little OTT for running errands.

i'm so thankful that my boyfriend thinks i look cute in lolita and pays attention when i babble about new releases. he puts up with a lot.

i'm so thankful that i have a small group of friends i've met through wearing lolita. i'm thankful that they link me to auctions and sales posts that they think i'll like. it's a small thing but it reminds me that they're thinking of me.

i'm thankful that i'm able to wear the things that i want to wear with little to no negative repercussions. i've only had positive experiences in lolita.

i think i post too many sad feels, so have my happy ones.

>> No.9469477

A cosplay related feel and a not cosplay related feel.

>Brother's losing the joy of cons because all the cosplays he wants to work on are too hard for his skill level
>Suggest characters for him but he doesn't want to make them because he doesn't like the same series I do
>Raging bitch parent screams and rants if he tries to go to cons not in cosplay

I don't know how to make him happy. He wants to get back into loving cons but it's hard.

Other feel:

>See speedrunner's videos online, take a look
>Oh no he's a qt and pretty funny most of the time
>Some flaws physically and some off colour humour but nice smile and real nice voice, hella cute accent, seems like a cool guy
>Oh no
>Think of what it would be like to hang with this guy
>It seems so nice
>Never even spoken to this guy, lives across the fucking pond from me so meeting him would be impossible even if I did somehow catch his attention (I won't)
>Still thinking of it
>This is not normal

I guess I'm just lonely and clinging to any human interaction at this point, even if it's not even interaction just some guy talking in a video in the background. I feel so pathetic.

>> No.9469483

I made a lot of really shitty choices when I was a teenager (shitty=I was abusive to a friend of mine at the time). Basically, I went through my angsty teenage years on top of being an ill-informed weeb with borderline and I treated my friend, H, and my other friends like shit ("why didn't you come to school today you're my only friend I guess you hate me I'm going to kms!!!11" and stuff like that). That friend and their other friends all dropped me, as expected, and I received a ton of death threats from them because of it. It caused a riff in my friend group, because they wanted to be friends with the both of us and I was okay with it, they were not and were also apparently dickish to them for other reasons, sent one of my friends death threats (for an unrelated reason), and dropped my other friends (we're still friends).

This was back in 2012/2013, I've since been to therapy and took time to myself to really try to fix my abusive tendencies, and I feel like I've made a difference. My therapist and outside people have all told me I'm different, so I must be doing something right?

cont;

>> No.9469486

I dropped cosplay because they were in the same comm, our shared friends were con friends and I was already having a bad time being around them. Well, like I said, that was years ago. I finally started to get back into cosplay this past summer and I joined a local cosplay club and have made a ton of friends I'm really close to already, as well as me meeting my new s/o there. They go to some of the meetings, maybe once a month tops, and just hang out with their established friend group. We don't acknowledge each other, which is expected and cool. We do have shared friends, and H and their one friend who blocked me on Facebook, both have my younger sister (who they talked to maybe once and just recently made an account) added on Facebook, but I'm trying to not think they have ill intentions after 5 years.

Then one of our shared friends came up to me the other day during a party and said "Hey anon, I've been meaning to talk to you about H. They were telling me some stuff about you and H is at this party so I wanted to know your side of things?" I told her that yes, what H said is true, but I was a teenager at the time and have been going to therapy and that I apologize for my past actions, but I've done a lot of hard work on myself and I feel like I've changed. She seemed pretty okay with the answer (I mean, I was still drunk at that point, so I couldn't tell), and was like "Yeah, that didn't sound like you, I wanted to hear your side of things, etc" and they haven't said anything after that, but I'm still worried. I feel guilty about the shitty things I did as a kid, but what REALLY pisses me off is that I can't be mad that they're doing stuff like tracking my sisters, the fact they were the ones that sent literal death threats, and the fact that they're still trying to defame me after 5 years, because I was a cunt 5 years ago. I was super afraid to join this club and be active and make friends because I was afraid H would start shit, and now here I am.

>> No.9469488

>>9469483
>>9469486
Forgot to link the two together lol

>> No.9469489

>>9469352
honestly, it sounds like your mom is just looking out for you.

just wait, when youre finally on your own with your own bank account and shit, youre going to end up spending all your savings away. then when you come across a time where you cant pay your bills for whatever reason, youre gonna take a good look around your room and realize all the pointless shit you have spent.

youre young, have money and just want to buy all these things to make you happy. everyone goes through that phase so I dont blame you. but one day, youre just gonna look at everything and probably regret most of the things you've bought.

so unless your mom is some drunk,abusive, low-life bitch, it really just sounds like shes just looking out for you.

>> No.9469490

>>9469459
nayrt...a-are you making a joke? because that's not the definition at all.

>> No.9469496

>>9469489
non-lolitas will never understand. anon has thousands of dollars in savings and buys lolita secondhand and offbrand on sale, with a single brand release straight from the website mixed in.

at least these things have resale value and she isn't blowing her savings on one-time things like spa treatments and pricey restaurant trips.
anon is doing things just fine, as long as she has a job.

she really needs to get her own bank account. there's nothing wrong with that. she's a legal adult now and if her mom gets huffy then she is finally admitting she has control issues. the longer anon stays financially connected like this the worse it'll get. she is enabling her mom's behavior.

>> No.9469508

>>9468908
Do you have a pool? Start jogging underwater if so

>> No.9469523

>>9469490
op here, i'm assuming it was bait. That, or idk what they're doing on a cosplay/lolita board, the very definition of luxury hobbies revolving around material possessions.

>> No.9469525

>>9469352
Just go open your own without her. you don't need her to open an account. don't tell her and get the stuff sent to a friends' house.

>> No.9469529

>>9469496
>she really needs to get her own bank account. there's nothing wrong with that.

oh, youre absolutely right. its your money so you should be the one responsible for it.
but i still feel like her mom just does that just so she doesnt make any bad decisions in the future.

>non-lolitas will never understand
youre right, i dont understand. $300+ for what im assuming is a dress?
I cant even get myself to buy an anime figure thats $60 anymore. even though I can afford it no problem since I have a decent paying job.

if that other anon reads the replies: im sorry if I offend you in anyway. wasnt my intention. In some ways, im just speaking from experience.

>> No.9469531

>>9468610
Why is the thread image a drawing by Alex Jones?

>> No.9469539

>>9469529
$300 for a dress that the person can easily afford and has high resale value. Whenever she's tired of it she can probably get $300 of more back.

>> No.9469550

I opened up a store because of the craft threads but nobody bought anything and my free listings are about to expire. I always fail when I put myself out there so I'm not that surprised this happened but it still stings.
>Also now what do I do with this mountain of leftover supplies?

>> No.9469558

I stole my friend's usakumya; now I feel guilty and need to find a way to return it without her knowledge.

>> No.9469581

>small face
>cute eyes
>good lips
>big ugly crooked nose

I can't look cute in anything because of my giant fucking nose. I'm set on getting a nose job once I graduate with my bachelor's but by then I'll be in my mid 20s+. I usually cover it with my big glasses but there's only so much glasses can hide.

I can never look cute because of my giant fucking nose :(

>> No.9469588

>>9469581
Do you at least have cute toes?

>> No.9469617

>>9469581
I'm sure it's not as bad as you think.

>> No.9469620

>>9469581
>>9469617
Yeah, post an image and we will cheer you up.

>> No.9469639

>>9469090
>I'm a guy who adores lolita and girly fashion.
>I'd like to think I could have made a cosplayer real happy
???

>> No.9469664

>>9469639
Because I would have been extremely supportive of it. Far as I can tell I imagine many guys would be off put buy the costs involved, find it a weird hobby, or even think it's annoying. Sorry, I thought what I meant was simple to see.

>> No.9469668

>>9469664
We're just overly sensitive about people confusing lolita and cosplay

>> No.9469672

>>9469668
I see, sorry about that. No offense intended, just an honest mistake. Wont happen again.

>> No.9469680

>>9469672
cuck

>> No.9469683
File: 65 KB, 640x640, memeslut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Granny died.

Time to move my lolita/cosplay stuff into her bedroom.

>> No.9469709
File: 42 KB, 392x495, 1476165660827.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>in debt with school for $700
>cant sign up for classes until thats paid
>only have one class left before i can graduate
>had to quit last job cause i got really sick with fucked up gastrointestinal issues
>dont have job anymore
>i've been applying everywhere for months but no one wants me
>cant afford cosplay obviously
>sickandangry.jpeg
welp i guess i better start selling nudes if i wanna finish college

>> No.9469712

>>9469709
how much? might be interested.

>> No.9469713

>>9469709
You don't have to sell nudes in particular. Thirsty guys will buy your panties, socks, tights, and so on.

>> No.9469715

>>9469709
Do you own cute underwear (panties, stockings) would pay for pictures of you wearing that (if you are not fat)

>> No.9469717

>>9469709
get sugar daddy

>> No.9469721

>>9469709
Have you considered being a live model?

>> No.9469724

>>9469715
Not that anon but if you buy me nice panties I would send you pictures of me wearing them and you dont have to pay for the pictures because I just want new lingerie. I want nice stuff from indie brands tough and I won't show my face. Sage for OT.

>>9469709
It's only money, don't do anything you might regret. Maybe you can borrow it from a family member?

>> No.9469734

>>9469713
how do you go about doing that anyway?
>>9469724
i grew up poor so thats a huge no. my family is drowning in a ton of debt thats why im pretty desperate.

>>9469715
define fat kek. im not japanese waifu thin but im not as big momokun.

>> No.9469736

>>9469734
How have you found no jobs in months of searching? Where do you live?

>> No.9469737

>>9469709
I did it last summer when my bf and I couldn't find jobs (both of us were suddenly laid off). I was a camgirl and sold nudes and worked about 5 hours a day, every day for 3 months. Eventually I ended up earning about $200-250 a week, which was better than nothing. I worked my ass off though, I don't think you'll make much money if you don't work hard at it.

>> No.9469740

>>9469734
Yeah but they have to see it as an investment. Unless you think you can't make back that 700 once you finish that class.

>> No.9469762

>>9469680
No need to be rude.

>> No.9469766

>>9469724
What kind of lingerie do you have in mind exactly?

>> No.9469768

>>9469737
how far did you go on cam?

>> No.9469771
File: 25 KB, 480x480, 1462575020291.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get banned from /cgl/ for a day
>still no gf

>> No.9469777

>>9469470
Aww, that made me happy.. so sweet
We really need more happy feels in here

>> No.9469800

>>9469766
If you're serious you can email me but stop being off-topic please

>> No.9469810

>>9469800
bunbunroyalty pls

>> No.9469822
File: 22 KB, 400x477, dyingnoises.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>con on the last week of May
>go to gym to get ready
>work out for an hour, then go home to eat Frito pie

I'm such a fat.

>> No.9469834

>>9469822
You know the best way to get in shape?
Have a fit bf who forces you to work out.

>> No.9469843

>>9469834
Sounds like a catch 22.

>> No.9469861
File: 72 KB, 320x320, spyes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I finally got a cosplay gf.

Basically, I devised a system. I hired a morbidly obese chick from my school to hurl insults at girls in the park. When they were properly insulted, I'd swoop in and tell them they actually look great, and the mean fat was out of line. I repeated the process until one girl asked me to go to Wendy's with her.

Turns out she loves cosplay! We're going to be Dipper and Mabel at Momocon if anybody wants to say hi.

>> No.9469875
File: 17 KB, 160x186, 1475599631336 Dungeon Meshi - Marcille no sense of right or wrong.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9469861
>Basically, I devised a system. I hired a morbidly obese chick from my school to hurl insults at girls in the park. When they were properly insulted, I'd swoop in and tell them they actually look great, and the mean fat was out of line. I repeated the process until one girl asked me to go to Wendy's with her.

>> No.9469898

>>9468771
This attitude irks me a bit, you can buy your cosplay and still have an eye to see things wrong with a handmade cosplay. Is it kind of annoying they're saying something? Sure, but that doesn't invalidate their critiques. I was an art major (before I realized how stupid an idea that was) and the attitude of 'well if you don't do x then you can't criticize it!!' Is usually a sign of immaturity, to be quite honest. If you make your own cosplays or dresses concrit is the way to improve, both from people who understand garment construction and those who don't understand how to make clothes to give you the impression most people are getting from it.

>> No.9469909

>>9468908
>I know my limits
>hurts self
Ignore your sister, if you want to start jogging without getting nasty shin splints and hip pins you need to just start walking a lot, walk for a few miles everyday. Start slow every time to loosen your legs up, if you start fast you'll get shin splints. Everyday you'll be able to go faster for longer with less cramping. If you need to stop and shake out your legs do it, don't keep walking with a cramp because you're embarrassed. In a few weeks time you'll be able to jog, but take it slow. After walking for an hour as a warmup do little bursts of jogging throughout your normal walk routine. As time goes on jog for longer and walk for shorter times.
Be patient with your body so you don't hurt it and you'll be a glorious gazelle soon.

>> No.9469911
File: 55 KB, 397x360, JoY7G.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9469768
.... Like what stuff did I do? I did a lot of stuff in cosplay (good market), had tons of cute lingerie, sex toys, and I put so much stuff in my ass. At first I only did strip shows and sent nudes to others because I didn't feel very comfortable in front of a camera. (NEVER negotiate on price with pictures or private videos, always do flat rates.) When I started doing things to myself naked then I REALLY started to make a decent amount of money.

Never had sex w the bf on camera, and I NEVER did scat, fart, or pee stuff.

I also had a tumblr and a snapchat as well.

Sage bc OT

>> No.9469915

>>9469911
>I put so much stuff in my ass
Did you have prior "experence" with that? I tried it before but it hurt too much.

>> No.9469917

>>9469915
That just means whatever you're trying to put in is too big.

>> No.9469920

>>9469328
Since I don't have the room to expand my workshop I'll just daydream what I'd put into it: definitely those large collapsible tables to pop out when you need surface space and to tuck away when you need open floor space. A dress form, a large open wardrobe thing comprised of those squares that stack together for easy access to fabric and notions, a larger wall display for thread, another larger wall display for laces and trims, a rolly chair so you can zip around from table to table, large daylight lights so you can see exactly what the projects will look (and not be deceived by inferior yellow lighting), a rack to hang WIPs or when you need a circle skirt to hang. A tackle box/sewing caddy to hold tools, and then of course THE BOX filled with ditches fabric remnants, half finished projects, and discarded ideas. I'm so very jealous of you anon, enjoy your new craft space!

>> No.9469927

>>9469915
Not really but my best friend is a gay man and he does anal on the reg.

Start off really slow, and get good lube! Really, do fingers first before putting a plug or anything in there. And drown anything you want to use in lube. And when you take whatever is in there out, do not pull it out with vigor, you can easily relax and slowly push it out.

>> No.9469928

>>9469911
>lying on the internet
Can you back up those outrageous claims?

>> No.9469930

>>9469709
It's not letting me quote the other anon, but YES, go be a live model for the art classes. They usually pay extremely well because nobody wants to do it, and it's a boring af job to do. Sum is here, go around your neighborhood to the old people and see who'll pay you to mow their lawn, say you're trying to pay for college and I'm sure they'll happily let you do little odd jobs. Poke around your jewelry for gold, then watch gold prices, its fluctuates almost daily and when there's a high point go to a 'WE BUY GOLD' place and sell it off.
If you're insanely desperate, go into abandoned buildings and scavenge the place for copper wiring and other metals your local scrapyard will pay for.

>> No.9469950

>>9469737
That's pretty low pay unless you live in Eastern Europe or something, I honestly expected it to be more than that. Barely seems worth it desu.

>> No.9469954

>>9469927
My advice is don't do it when you're stressed or tense and try not to overthink things too much, your emotional state honestly affects things a ton. Also things that vibrate are much more pleasurable and easier to get in for a girl, since you don't have a prostate and there are barely any nerve endings inside so you really want to stimulate the opening.

>> No.9469964

>>9469713
>>9469715
They're really hard to sell unless you also send pictures of your face and yourself wearing them/masturbating in them, which could come back to bite you in the future. If you look at the sort of prices they sell for they're also barely worth anything unless you're a porn star, you have to wear them for a day but only make a few dollars profit on the cost of the panties themselves. It's barely profitable even as a sideline with a regular job, you'd never make $700 off it.

>> No.9469966
File: 340 KB, 667x1000, 1485385965241.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9469964
I have a thing for girls "accidentally" showing off their underwear. Besides there is a good chance that the face would be a turn-off anyways, no offense.

>> No.9469967

>>9469709
Yo, I did art modeling and it paid nicely!! I also got to sleep a bunch cause they would do 45min+ drawing sessions, so it's super easy

>> No.9469973

>>9468666
What dress, Satan?

>> No.9469979

>>9469457
I'm 20 and have 33 year old friend I met via anime, as long as you don't bring up your age all the time no one cares

>> No.9469986

>>9469709
My university's psychology department does paid studies, most of them are only paid a few dollars/bullshit prize draw entries but some are $15 or much more. Mine has a mailing list to sign up for notifications about new ones and also posts them on a corkboard in the department - if you're living close to the uni anyway it's worth checking. I've also been using YouGov for three years and, unlike less-reputable sites, I do make money off spending 15 minutes of my time once every 3 days or so, but it takes me pretty much exactly a year to reach the payout threshold every time.

There are also ALWAYS film students near mind looking for film extras but it's mostly "Will give you beer and snacks!!" sort of bullshit where they won't even give you $10 for your time. Occasionally they do pay though. If you're in an area where they do a lot of filming, being a paid extra in real TV is actually a pretty good gig if you're unemployed because they pay you above min wage for every hour you're on set plus overtime so you usually end up with like 10 hours worth of regular pay out of it. Depending on the country you might have to pay to join an agency or an actors union though, which means it might not be worth it for you.

>> No.9469998

>while i was away at university my dad sold the dresses i left at his place in order do help fund his jewish girlfriend's son's bar mitzvah
thanks

>> No.9470000

>>9469215
I know this is old but it's also horrible advice, I tried "pushing through the pain" for a few months earlier this year and turned what could have been a two-month recovery into over a year. If something feels off and stays that way for more than a couple weeks, you should always go get it checked out, you'll only end up hurting long term fitness if you ignore it.

>> No.9470001

>>9469973
Satan? It was Ritual in ivory.

>> No.9470004

>>9469457
I'm 36. I try not to bring it up. All of my long time con-friends (going on over 10+ years) are all my age or a little older and we still do conventions and hang out both at cons and on a frequent basis if we live close enough.

That said, when I do meet people through cosplay or whatever, they are young. A good newer con friend of mine is just turning 21, we met a few years ago through mutual fandoms.

Other people I meet are often really young too or around that age. I'm also female and I generally look around that age. I do let people know, but I don't think they really care or find it too weird otherwise they'd probably be weirded out or avoid contact, and they're always adding me on social media and keeping in touch after the con is over. I let other people initiate that.

It only gets awkward really, when you're discussing everyday life things. I'm married, a home owner, with a stable salary-paid career, my own car, nearly paid off college loan, I can afford things. At 21 you're in college and can't do shit and don't even mention relationships. But con discussions don't always go that route, it's usually fandom, cosplay plans, whatever so I try to steer the discussion that way if I can just to avoid weirdness, and I don't really give out my age unless asked.

>> No.9470023

>>9469998
oy vey goyim that egyptian cotton has always rightfully belonged to Greater Israel

>> No.9470042

>>9469737
>Eventually I ended up earning about $200-250 a week

tfw cam girls make more money than I make selling things on etsy.

>> No.9470053

>>9470042
people want tits over trinkets

>> No.9470063

>>9469928
>outrageous
You act like I'm the only person who has done shit like this, tons of people do cam work and sell nudes, and do a much better job than I ever did. I think more patreon cosplayers sell nudes than we think.
To be honest, it's been almost a year since, more cons than pros, and I'd rather not. You don't have to believe me and I don't mind!

>> No.9470066

>>9470063
Quick question, do you need big boobs to be successful in this line of work?

>> No.9470070

>>9469762
cuckie mcfuckie

>> No.9470075
File: 63 KB, 1280x720, dennis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9469861

>> No.9470078

>>9470066
Not really, be confident in front of the camera and try to cater to a certain kink or fetish. I have a really average body and face, it's all about owning it.

>> No.9470085

>>9470075
Beat me to it.

>> No.9470094

>>9470078
So your act was sticking things up your pooper?

>> No.9470095

>>9470042
they deserve more

>> No.9470100

>>9468908
Ironically, you're going to make faster progress by listening to your body and avoiding injury.

t. /fit/izen

>> No.9470120
File: 58 KB, 495x623, 907364da433e1a7eeb650955df08d5c3a99a41c54254c61132b7fad4f4c9a5b1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just bought AP's Melty Ribbon Chocolate jsk at a good price. I'm a die hard classic lolita but AP's chocolate jacquard pieces makes me go crazy. I hate chocolate prints but I would buy nearly every cut in every color of chocolate jacquard if I could. I want to be buried in a chocolate jsk.

>> No.9470123

>>9468610
Why the fuck are you using this Alex Jones sigil for the feels thread

>> No.9470129

>>9470123
alex jones sigil?

>> No.9470137
File: 251 KB, 463x419, batwhoa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9469861
How romantic.

>> No.9470172
File: 10 KB, 181x167, 1480115065362.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>School year is over
>Lease on my apartment isn't up until late June
>Don't want to be ripped off (since rent is already paid) so i'm staying even though my other two roommates have moved out
>Have this week and next week off work
>Converted roommates old room into sewing/crafting area
>Gym membership doesn't expire until July
>Other roommate left her nice TV and a few other things that she says she'll get when the lease is up
>Still have an ex bf's Netflix info on my PS3, coupled with my Hulu and Crunchyroll accounts
>Persona 5 came in the mail last Thursday
>Good friend is coming to stay with me for a week, gonna finish Colossal stuff

Basically just going to exercise in the morning then weeb out all evening. Everything is going to be comfy.

>> No.9470187

>>9469737
Holy hell. That's all you make???

I make at least $75 from 2 hours of work. Last night I made $180 in 2.5 hours. Why were you so unsuccessful?

>> No.9470193
File: 56 KB, 805x720, 173840638356.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>suddenly it is revealed that all of /cgl/ is camwhoring or working as escort

>> No.9470196

>>9470066
I have tiny tiny tits but I have a trick ass (it looks smol but it's actually round and super nice) and I'm >>9470187 and make shitloads camming.

I'm honestly surprised the other anon made so little, especially doing anal play. anytime I do anal play I'm guaranteed like $100 right there and it's only for a few minutes of my time, not the whole show.

>> No.9470199
File: 40 KB, 577x559, 1466489716439.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>date cosplayer girl
>really like her
>she mentions at some point that she enjoys drawing
>I delve deeper into it, she draws furry stuff
>delve even deeper, she is a furry
>EVEN DEEPER, she has a fursuit
>she's unironically a 8-9/10 and I have high standards
>now whenever there is any lewd talk, she goes straight to talking about her fursuit
>she knows I'm not a furry
>obviously I am okay with helping her with her kinks
>she doesn't give me any leeway though, there is never any kind of interest in human on human

kill me

>> No.9470200

>>9470196
Does it not hurt? What are you inserting?

>> No.9470202

>guys have it so easy in life they're not even forced to be tempted by money which forces them into showing their bodies to people who exploited them in the first place via the wage gap

>> No.9470205

>>9470200
Actually I'd never really done more than anal fingering before camming but I'd always enjoyed that with enough lube. Some fans surprised me and bought me a couple nice glass buttplugs that I eventually got around to trying out and they're pretty fucking awesome. I think I'd recommend trying out glass toys if you're interested in butt stuff. Lots and lots of lube of course. Like, LOTS. And it's not going to work if you're tense and really nervous about it, either.

>> No.9470210

>>9470205
How can you so easily talk about taking it in the ass? Like i don't know if i'm just really sheltered or what but i could never do that.