[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 32 KB, 480x360, mailfail.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9270506 No.9270506 [Reply] [Original]

Currently living through a story of my own and need advice.

>Send gift to friend, full of j-fashion items
>Everything's going well, package about to be delivered today
>Suddenly 'package marked as undeliverable
>Friend was home all day, no slip given
>Check reviews for their post office, apparently every single package that goes through that centre is marked as undeliverable
>Calling USPS but can't reach a proper human

What do, gulls? How do I save this package?

>> No.9270624

If you're calling USPS and can't get past automation, hit 0 repeatedly until it redirects to customer service. You can also google search the number of the centre and call them up and raise holy hell and threaten to file a complaint.

>> No.9270652

>>9270624
Thanks anon, I eventually got to a person but they were completely unhelpful and unable to answer any questions. The local place is closed because time zones but I'm planning on calling the local place first thing in the morning and my friend is going in person, hopefully they won't have sent it back yet.

>> No.9270670

>>9270652
Good luck anon! Just tell your friend to be pissed off and ask to speak to whoever is in charge and/or file complaints if they brush her off. From the reviews it sounds like they hate to do their job and need a kick in the ass.

>> No.9270764

I'm so fucking fed up.
Pre story-
>Friend and i are supposed to be doing a duo cosplay
>neither of us can sew, so we commission a semi-popular cosplay couple who had initially replied to our seeking post in a cosplay group on FB
>Their work is nice so we decide to go through with it
>Commission them around Septmebet last year with the deadline of January 2016 for a con (we asked if that was okay first obviously).
>Forgot about the holiday season so that was my fault, customs doesn't help either
>Friend's half arrives right after the con, my half having not been sent.

And for the thread related bit-
> Several times they've claimed they have shipped the package only for some mishap to occur. Ex: someone is sick, out of town, didn't have the time, wanted to ship it with other packages
>Over all of this, friend doesn't even wanna do the cosplays anymore
>Tell them to send the package before the holiday season
> "we-well anon I got a new surger, so let me redo the tights"
>"we feel soooo bad anon, if you want I can make you a gift or something"
>are you fucking serious
> Explain I don't care anymore and to please just send the package like they've promised several times.
>They send the package the week before thanksgiving, saying it'd be here before the end of this past week
>Package doesn't show up
> "whoops! We miswrote the address. Welp, hope it doesn't get sent back to us, teehee!~"

It's worse knowing that they still post pictures of commissions when I JUST got a photo of a WIP of the supposedly finished product. She says it was from this past January.

>> No.9270766

>>9270764
*september, I did not notice that

>> No.9270771

>>9270764
Not worth the trouble, anon. Just get a refund.

>> No.9270774

Okay anon. Hold on. Let me figure out how to get a real person. It's a cryptic set of numbers.

>> No.9270775

>>9270771
I'm at that point but the fact that the item is made and out there in mail hell gives me a hope I shouldn't have.
It's disappointing because they are really nice (I know RL can get in the way easily. They did have a lot of events and misfortunes happen) and my friend's half of the cosplay turned out really well. I'm just too patient.

>> No.9270777

Never mind I was thinking of the secret code to get a real person on the phone with the irs.

After the privacy policy say no and then say agent, it'll then let you request an agent for tracking, stamps, or something else. Try that.

>> No.9270780

And a damaged or undeliverable package will be either held at your local post office or sent to the local shipping hub. (In my case, a damaged package is sent to Greensboro for eventual processing.) if you can find your main shipping hub, call them to ask about a package that may be damaged.

>> No.9270848

>>9270506
>Order 2 packets of 10 sponge rollers from ebay
>Parcel arrives
>Tear open the top
>Fistful of ants fall into my bare lap
>Dump the rest of the parcel out onto the ground, more ants and a shit tonne of eggs all over the sealed packets of rollers
>Spray bug spray all over that shit and leave it alone for a few hours
>Come back and all the ants are dead
>Open the sealed packets of sponge rollers
>Full of more live ants and their fucking eggs all over the sponges

I wish I thought to take photos for you guys, it was disgusting.

>> No.9270865

>>9270848
WTF!! Did you contact the seller to tell them?

>> No.9270866
File: 1016 KB, 2448x2448, IMG_8313.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have I got a mail horror story for you...
"But anon, why are you showing us a photo of a baked potato?" you may be asking yourself at this very moment —well let me tell you gulls, you are not looking at a tuber of any sort, that is a goddam burando JSK. (Yes, regular human size, buttons, waist ties and all.) Ya girl ordered an innocent world JSK from an international seller and paid a decent amount for tracked shipping, as you do(more than enough to cover a padded envelope). A few weeks later this monstrosity shows up, tattered to bits (front is worse but didn't want to reveal home address). The seller literally rolled the entire fully lined dress up to the size of a guinea pig, stuffed it in a ziploc food storage bag, scotch taped bit of brown paper to keep the mystery alive and sent that off across international borders. Not even AliExpress+free ship gets this ghetto. I can even be mad though, because i laughted so hard.

>> No.9270875

>>9270866
Please name and shame seller oh my god

>> No.9270889

>>9270875
the worst part, is I asked a friend in the local comm about her and it turns out she's supported by her wealthy family, aka can totally afford basic shipping supplies!

>> No.9270893
File: 1.12 MB, 320x289, wtf.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9270848
>>9270866

Oh God, these brought back horrible memories.
>Buy 2nd hand petti with 'a tug from getting caught on a zip'
>receive impossibly small black plastic package
>black plastic seems to be a garbage bag
>unravelling layers, see bits that look like rice crispies
>get to petti which is ripped into strips and wrapped like toilet paper and covered in small dead fruit flies
>'rice crispies' are maggot casings
>still wonder if they used a used garbage bag

Paypal refunded me pretty quickly.

>> No.9270898

>>9270866
Please post your tumblr or something, I want to read more things you write

>> No.9270924 [DELETED] 

Senpai, if you have a shitty ass commissioner or seller giving you horrible deadline misses or sends not what you were supposed to receive and bought from a FB page, tell the mods. Tell mods of any of the sales groups you're in. Send them photos and screens of your convos. Most mods in sales groups will definitely empathize and be willing to do what they can.

We may not be able to do anything if it isn't through our own group, but we can put them on the shame list and keep an eye out to protect future buyers. Fuck disgusting sellers. Call that shit out.

>> No.9270925

All of this is such bullshit. If you have a shitty ass commissioner or seller giving you horrible deadline misses or sends not what you were supposed to receive and bought from a FB page, tell the mods. Tell mods of any of the sales groups you're in. Send them photos and screens of your convos. Most mods in sales groups will definitely empathize and be willing to do what they can.

We may not be able to do anything if it isn't through our own group, but we can put them on the shame list and keep an eye out to protect future buyers. Fuck disgusting sellers. Call that shit out.

>> No.9270953
File: 83 KB, 500x778, 7cbac74b-79fa-44c8-942a-dce11fd8c70a..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Best friend wants to do something nice for me
>She has limited funds and is restricted to only things that can fit in an envelope
>I don't mind, anything she sends me is something I will cherish
>She hand makes a bead portrait of a plushie I got her
>It never arrives to me
>Feel really bad, I really would have loved it
>Question how USPS can just lose a fucking envelope
>Legit make trips to local post offices and call around for 3 weeks straight
>Hopeless because no tracking on regular mail
>Never see letter

I am very happy she went through the effort to make it! I love how thoughtful it was, and how she custom designed something unique and just for me. I'm just saddened I never got to keep it to hang above my computer. It really means a lot to me, and was so special and meaningful since it came from the heart.

>> No.9270976
File: 1.84 MB, 4032x3024, IMG_20161026_191119.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9270866
that's fucking hilarious and sad at the same time

>>9270953
you sound like an angel just from your writing anon, you keep doing you

I don't wanna be a bitch but MLT damn, tape your shit up better. my shit evidently came halfway across the world with a fucking hole in the box and wasn't taped up until it ended up here.

>> No.9270977
File: 1.04 MB, 3024x4032, IMG_20161026_191254.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9270976
to clarify, the top of the box was taped okay but the bottom only had a few strips of tape. this was the size of the hole before some local postal worker evidently had mercy on me and my package. everything inside was completely unscathed, packaged separately but the hole made me seriously freak out at first

>> No.9270981

>>9270977
I never understand why people can't take an extra minute to reinforce boxes with extra tape. You can buy packing tape at the dollar store.

I just sent a package to a friend and taped that shit up cause fuck if the stuff was getting ruined.

>> No.9270984

>>9270764
Name and shame, and also file a dispute.

>> No.9270990

>>9270981
I put things in airtight bags and cover the box in two layers of duct tape before I'd even consider putting it through the mail. Postal workers can't be trusted.

>> No.9271005
File: 380 KB, 500x280, tumblr_lpod2dAMWn1qktqch.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Living one atm
>ordered a load of taobao crap for the first time
>ships on 21 september
>suddenly no news since 14 october, super worried,
>FINALLY my country's post service gets it on 10th november
>"it's on its way to your house"
>nice.jpg
>almost 20 days later and nothing
>still shows "on its way to your house"
>notnice.jpg
>call the local service for help
>"lol it was on its way to your house but we have no idea what happened" we're going to open a claim
>they open a claim and tell me they'll mail me or phone me
>other gull specify they probably delivered it to the wrong house or lost it and i'll never see it again
>realize i have no insurance on taobaotrends apparently
i have so little money already being a jobless student. And i finally bought lolita staple pieces so i could began wearing it for real (blouses,head accessories,socks). It was about 80 bucks
Please don't be lost. I'll fucking call every two days to know about that claim because it's their own
goddamn fault for loosing it.
I was so fucking close to finally having it. I feel like yelling into a pilllow.

>> No.9271006

>>9270848
How the fuck did ants survive in a parcel of sponge rollers?

>> No.9271017

> buy first brand
> package never leaves seller's counry, gets sent back to her
> seller sends package again
> package gets sent back again for no particular reason
> seller sends package for the third time
> package finally arrives

Not a great first burando experience, but I guess it was more of a horror story for the seller. I'm just glad it finally arrived.

>> No.9271043

>>9270893
>>9270848
Jesus Christ. And here I thought the moldy orange burando was the worst I'd ever heard.

>> No.9271049

>>9270865
Not yet. But I will, and will probably leave a bad review while I'm at it. I dunno how anyone fucks up that bad.

>>9271006
On a wing and a prayer I imagine.

>> No.9271056

I bought a limited edition perfume from France. Perfume cost about 60 dollars to get but I expected it to get to me safely. Two weeks go by before they get their stock and ship. The package arrives quickly to my house in five days and I eagerly alwait the mail person. Mail is here and it's the woman who really hates her job. I groan and know she will just put the slip in my mail box and not even attempt to deliver it to the door. She attempts to deliver and I answer. The box is crushed and dripping. The perfume scent is super strong and overpowering. She looks at me and goes "must have broke in shipping. Smells nice" I look at her and sigh annoyed. "Yeah it's a alcohol based perfume so it must have broke in the last hour. Shipping didn't break it." she gets mad at me for accusing her of breaking my bottle and goes to her mail truck. I go up to my post office with the dripping broken package and file the complaint. I'm told that she often has delivered broken packages and has a file of similar complaints that actions will be taken against her. She's never delivered my mail again.

>> No.9271058

>>9270848
>>9270893
Holy fucking shit, I am now terrified of opening any package ever again. After these stories, and hearing of someone finding a dead spider in a Bodyline package, I don't even know if I'll be brave enough to open the Bodyline package I'm getting today.

>> No.9271062

>>9270976
Are you actually a bear exposing her leg on the rightmost of this picture?

>> No.9271064

>>9271062
I wish but no, we have a huge amount of sofa pillows

>> No.9271066

>>9271005
I feel your pain completely, Anon. It isn't completely outside the realm of possibility that your package is indeed in transit and just taking a while to reach you but I did have a similar issue with a taobao order I placed.

Had an order that kept reading it was in my local sorting facility where all packages from Asia end up. It was in the facility for about 3 weeks with no movement so I went to like 3 different post offices trying to track it down. They all gave me the same response, "the tracker says it's at the facility." But none of them wanted to actually look.

So I got angry and asked to speak to the manager if my local office. I explained the situation and stated how rude it was that the worker wouldn't even have the service skills to physically looking in the back for me just in case. The worker was even still being rude in front if her manager "it ain't goin be back there, that shit still says it's at the facility." Lo and behold, her manager come back with my box saying someone probably didn't scan it.

"Well, maybe people are too lazy to do their jobs." I said while looking at the unhelpful worker in the eye. I thanked the manager and walked out. Haven't seen the worker there anymore but unsure if it's coincidence since it'd had already been like half a year before I needed to visit the office again.

>> No.9271068

>>9271066
tl;Dr - don't lose hope just yet! If they haven't physically gone in the back to look, be assertive and ask them to at least look for you briefly in case it was never scanned for an update when entering your local office. Be respectful with the request; things only need to escalate if they stubbornly decline your request.

>> No.9271073

>>9270866
>to keep the mystery alive
I'm in tears

>> No.9271078

A couple of minor horror stories. First one: I bought a Boz dress off of Maiden Clothing that I've been trying to hunt down for over a year. My SS sends it to me in an EMS bag. Delivery guy turns up, holding it upside down. I sign for it. Take it off him, he quickly scurries away. I turn it over. The front of the mail bag is almost completely torn open, side to side. I look at the dress. It looks at first like the bodice is very badly scratched up. After taking photos and removing the dress to check, I leave it unfolded for a bit. The 'scratches' thankfully turned out to be from where it was folded, and had been hanging up, and it's all okay. However, I did have a nerve-wracking few hours.

Second horror story from last week. I ordered the first print run copy of the first issue of a new comic series that I've been looking forward to for ages. It's sent in a cardoard envelope thing. The postie shoves it through my letterbox at such an odd and unnecessary angle that the package falls against my hallway wall, half crumpling the corners of the package. Where it fell, the cardboard edges scratched all of the paintwork on the wall. There's also a mysterious red smear on the back of the envelope and on the wall. I called the postal service to complain, they said they would send someone out to inspect the damage. they never bothered gettign back to me As soon as I saw what had happened, I confronted the postie, to which she shrugged and said it wasn't her problem. Joy. It's not a hard fix to do, to get a tester pot of paint and touch up the paintwork, but it's the principle of what she did and refused to accept responsibility of it.

>> No.9271080

>>9271058
Eh, don't be worried. I've never had an issue with a Bodyline package.. then again one anon did get molded shoes.

>> No.9271086
File: 62 KB, 500x383, 4f1adcee6c590ccf554b6f54a9e582f8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9270506
>Friend buys gift on early September from etsy
>Gets shipped out a couple weeks later
>It's almost December and nothing
>Double check my address with friend
>Everything is right
>Seller says it was sent out
>No tracking
>Not even from Asia, from England to the US
I'm never going to see it am I and my friend got gypped by the fucking Royal Mail

>> No.9271106
File: 151 KB, 450x443, youwot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9271066
Thank you anon, i really hope it's the case. There were presents for my friends in there as well, I felt so bad.
Taobaotrends offered me a refund if it's not there by the end of the week but i feel bad because they did nothing wrong, it's the goddamn post service's fault for not doing their goddamn job properly. They should be the ones refunding and i hope they will. I paid 32$ of shipping so do your job and do it right.

Also another horror story is customs taxes when you're in europe. It makes me angry just thinking about how much bullshit it is. They made me pay 25 bucks for a 33 bucks package today because "duur it comes from outside of europe so we're gonna charge u". Fucking jews. They even asked for a proof that the package is exactly worth as said (marked it down, fuck them) so they don't lose any shekels. It's a dress not a bomb ffs.
It gets me salty every time.

>> No.9271112

>>9271080
I still have a hard time believing the moldy shoes simply because there is just that one case. I don't feel it was bodyline that is as fault for this since there's only the one issue we know of. I have bought many pairs of shoes bodyline with no issue other then fit. And many other lolitas have without much problems like mold.

>> No.9271128

>bought pair of basic brown leather knee high boots
> arrives early
> decide to try them on to make sure they actually fit
> nearly end up impaling my toe on the end of a sharp staple in the toe of the boot from where they made it

>> No.9271135

>>9271106
>They made me pay 25 bucks for a 33 bucks package today
I am dreading the $100+ packages coming in soon. Fucking hell, I can't even get away with photoshopping my invoices anymore since I think they also go ask the sellers what the worth is.

>> No.9271199

>>9270670
>>9270780
Original anon here, this branch is an absolute cesspool. Calling achieved nothing because their phone is disconnected and has been since they opened. Friend went in and they refused to even check for the package because "it's returned to sender". A manager wasn't even present to talk to.

I'm so angry right now, apparently they can also delay sending it back for two months for the lulz if they feel like it. So I'm trying to call the shipping hub now but who knows how that will go.

>> No.9271202

>>9271086
PayPal complaint that. Maybe next time the seller will learn to include tracking to cover their ass, because for all you know they never sent anything out or sent it to the wrong customer.

>> No.9271205

>>9271199
looks like you got a kawaii postal worker prancing around in your friends package you sent them. postal work is a stressful job and has a huge suicide murder rate. that is where the term "gone postal" comes from.

>> No.9271234

>>9271135
And i actually sent them the invoice of my shipping to get less fucked (dress was 110, SS asks to pay in two times, bless that). Fuck them and their overcharged bullshit.
The actual cost of my dress was like 110 they would have fucked me so hard. Just make Europe more kawaii already if you don't want us buying overseas.

And really, they do that? Fucking hell. It's just clothes. I'm legit curious as why we have to pay so much when all they do is open a box. I'm still salty over how much I got charged every single time I got them. It's absolute bullshit.

I thought about photoshopping my invoices now that you said it, I mean, customs are pretty busy usually they don't have time for that crap, right?

>> No.9271260

>>9271199
The shipping hub might know something. You are the sender so if that doesn't work, call 1 (800) 275-8777. That's the number that is a little tricky to actually reach a real person, but when you do get to a real person, they will help locate it if it has tracking. They'll give you a case number and everything. That's the national customer service line.

>> No.9271262

And if you can't reach a real person, I'll call and try and remember how I got to the person. I feel like I remember it was a little tricky. I had to try to find the correct options to get there. You will need the tracking number of your package. I feel like that's the first step.

>> No.9271293
File: 1.15 MB, 1280x720, 1403769730006.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nothing major, just me being spaghetti and messing it up on my own.
>host a giveaway that's just me buying stuff for people online
>one person gives only their address, not even zip code or their name
>Google Maps gave me the zip code
>feel like a creep asking for her full name
>her username has a common name in it, maybe that's part of her name idk
>use that
>feel mild regret later
>go back to ask her what her name is for the package
>oh it's not at all like your username
>right on cue, I get a shipping notification for her package
>it's too late to fix it
>well shit
Does Canada Post have a problem with the wrong name on packages, or do they only care about the street address? I tried explaining what she'd have to do if something goes wrong, but she didn't seem to understand.

>> No.9271299

>>9271234
Honestly, checking from sellers sound super odd. Especially Chinese sellers don't usually have store name etc they would be able to immediately check and if you ordered with Tenso they wouldn't even know. I think they can do a quick google search but nothing more if they are suspicious. Also, be sure there is no invoice in the package. My country's customs rarely open the packages when you do the clearance in internet but it's better safe than sorry. But asking directly from sellers are bullshit imo.

>> No.9271320

>>9271262
>>9271260
Unfortunately USPS couldn't do shit because they couldn't even find which post office it was scanned at. Hub pretty much told me to fuck off.

I called Canada Post though and they were super helpful and filed a claim immediately, adding the information about the shitty postal place and how many negative reviews they had about this issue. They also immediately refunded my shipping costs so that's something.

>tl;dr USPS is terrible, Canada Post is at least trying.

>> No.9271323

>>9271293
Fortunately for you Canada Post doesn't care as long as the address on your ID is the same as the one on the package.

>> No.9271324

>>9271293
Names usually don't matter.I send out packages with fake names all the time. They don't do a reverse lookup system to natch a name with the address.

>> No.9271332

>>9271320
I can't be the only one laughing at the fact that the Canada post apologized for something the United States did.

On the subject of the usps. Yes it sucks here. But it is our cheapest option to send stuff out. If you wanted it to be sent fedex or dhl well you already cry when we charge you the shipping with usps. You would cry louder knowing the cost of using a outside service like those. But if you're willing to pay 30 dollars for a pair of 20 dollar socks, I'm not gonna stop you. Wouldn't use FedEx though. They have lost more of my packages then usps and never refunded me. Told me it was the other person that had to refund me.

>> No.9271335

>>9271324
>>9271323
Okay, thank god.

>> No.9271344

>>9271332
Yeah, FedEx had just as many complaints. Apparently UPS in that area is at least more reliable than USPS though so I'll probably resend using them provided this package is ever returned to me.

>> No.9271353

>>9271043
Newfag here.... what was the moldy orange burando about?

>> No.9271355

I think I've told this story before but I'll tell it again

>Preorder a jsk from LESE
>Takes awhile to be made but whatever
>Ships finally. Excited to have a dress for new years potentially
>Package arrives. Tiny ass box.
>"Okay maybe they just folded it really tiny"
>Open box. It's sunglasses.
>Look at outside of box. My address label was slapped on top of another address label
>My dress got shipped to fucking Kansas
>Contact USPS. They see no problem because it was "delivered where it was addressed"
>"We can't get a package that doesn't belong to you"
>LESE hasn't had the problem before so kinda at a loss helping me
>"Have you tried calling the post office?"
>End up getting contacted by the person who got my dress
>Agree to exchange dress for sunglasses
>Manage to get jsk

If it weren't for the person who got my dress contacting me (my address label was under her address label) I would've never gotten it.

>> No.9271357

Not me but this happened to a non-gull I know

>Order dress off yahoo auctions
>The dress was about 20,000 yen
>The shopping service claimed it as costing 200,000 yen by accident
>Customs holds the dress for over a month
>Finally release it with a customs charge of something around $500
>Girl tries to explain that the item didn't cost that much and show them the original auction but in the end has no choice but to pay $500 for the dress
>She sold it shortly after cause keeping it around made her sad

>> No.9271364

>>9271355
I'm glad it worked out for you even if it was a horror story. You're lucky lolita is a niche fashion and most people randomly getting a lolita dress would be clueless as to what the fuck to do with it or how much it is even worth.

She probably thought it was a costume or something and was like "ugh, I want my fucking $100 sunglasses, not a $30 party city dress."

Did she send you a letter by snail mail with her email address or something? For some reason I'm getting Kamikaze Girl vibes front his exchange. Punk biker girl orders fucking sunglasses and gets lolita dress.

>> No.9271376
File: 9 KB, 250x250, 89f21fe6-21ce-426a-913e-018d01147786..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9271357
Holy shit, what? That's some high rate jewery right there. I'm really fucking sad that happened. I think I would have fought tooth and nail to get to whomever is in charge at customs to oversee my issue and review it. Open the packaging, show them it's a dress and not a fucking lost painting of Picasso, and show them bank statements giving the true dress value.

At the very least, if they couldn't be reasoned with I'd tell them to return to sender and demand a refund from the shipping service, and just reverse charge on my credit card if they don't honor their mistake.

Obviously too late now but I could never see myself spending $500 just in custom fees because of a blunder on the shipper's part. I'm so mad for your friend right now.

>> No.9271393

Here's my mail horror with a side of family horror.

>younger brother turns out to be just a little fucked
>install lock with key on my bedroom door
>go work a three hour shift; cat is sleeping in my room so I just lock her in. mind you she has an extra litterbox and food in there
>come back home to find brother broke the lock off with a hammer with the excuse the cat was meowing in there and he "just couldn't take it"
>mother's like "lol sorry I didn't know," father's like "fuck off, it's my house and I don't want locks anywhere"
>lol ok
>several days later I move out overnight without telling anyone. don't speak with parents for 2+ years
>at the time I was waiting for a dream dress and a collector's edition of the English release of Steins;Gate VN
>set up a mail redirect
>they don't redirect packages, lol ooooops~ something about it going through different sorting centers even though both are Canada Post
>watching helplessly as tracking on my dress says "out for delivery" to my old address
>luckily no one is home, and it gets sent to the post office
>rush to the post office, explain the situation, show three kinds of ID and tracking #, beg counter lady to please let me have my dress without the delivery slip
>she finds it and I have the dress! success
>contact J-list regarding my game, they tell me they'll change the address for me
>shipping date arrives, and package is sent to my old house according to tracking
>turns out when they said they'd change it it was already in the queue to be mailed
>as apology they mail me a new copy to the correct address

epilogue: just started speaking to my mother recently, and she gave me the game so I now have two copies.

>> No.9271396

>>9271299
I'm >>9271135 and once they've outright told me something like "we'll be checking if this invoice on the package is correct with the seller too, please do give your detailed payment shit" so it had to match obviously. This was a Japan package though (with the invoice in a clear sleeve on the box, you know the type), although they do occasionally stop my Chinese shit.
Got hit with customs on $50 worth of Chinese wigs, even though the package said 18; they never contacted me about that one so I have a feeling they went to the seller for that one too. It's infuriating they demand 21+% just for opening a box containing rando cheap shit/shit you can't get in Europe.

>> No.9271397

>>9271357
Did the shopping service do anything about it? Since it was their fault.

>> No.9271398

>>9271393
Congrats anon!

What kind of shit does your brother get up to that makes you worry like that?

>> No.9271404

>>9271396
It's okay. With Trump, America is right behind you! Can't wait to experience the pain of forking out $40 in fees on top of my shipping when ordering BURANDO

>> No.9271405

>>9271398
Oh, you know, not much. Just caught him masturbating to pictures of me (he never found out I knew though), trying to peek at me in the shower, randomly walking in on me while changing and playing innocent, and I also had a couple things go missing.

everything he did (pictures aside) was calculated to look like a total accident so I was completely brushed off by my parents and I never told them the rest because I didn't think they'd believe me.

>> No.9271407

>>9271396
I have to admit your system sounds odd. If my package hits the customs I have to just go to the webstie, fill the form of whats in the package and the value and send it. Usually, if it's around the same or higher than the value in the package it calculates the custom fee immediately and I get to pay it. If it's not a match I have to send out a copy of an invoice or something to prove the value. They don't question the invoices though. Sounds like the officers in customs just pull those values out of their asses in your country and tries to scare you by saying they wiöl check with the seller. I'm pretty sure most sellers especially bigger corporations don't have time to look up all day long how valuable stuff people x has gotten.

>> No.9271412
File: 38 KB, 251x330, t930487542.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9271405
Damn, wasn't expecting that. I thought you were worried he's pawn your dresses off for crack money.
That's worse.

Glad you got out, at least.

>> No.9271422

>>9271405
Sounds allot like my older brother to be honest...

>> No.9271429

>>9271407
It has only explicitly happened that one time, they haven't claimed to check with any other sellers yet but it has set up some doubt in my mind.
Like you said, they could just as well be lying to scare me and not care, but in the end, fraud is fraud is losing my stuff and I just want my stuff.
Also
>you get to fill in the forms online
>probably with an image uploader so you can upload screenshots too
Nice. They keep my things hostage for a week, while the slow as nails mail delivers their letter to send them the payment details back BY MAIL, using one of your own expensive as fuck stamps, so that they can spend two more weeks getting the package to me, most of the time with a nice fat "whoops there's a charge for this kek". Fuck customs and fuck my archaic monopoly of a postal service.

>> No.9271465

>>9271353
Too lazy to go get caps but you can easily google for more info. Tl;dr version:

>lolita buys secondhand stuff from a girl on LJ
>package arrives
>clothing is crammed into shopping bags
>they're all coated in green mold
>one bag is full of molded orange peels
>seller claims her boyfriend thought the box was trash and tossed them in
>basically tries to guilt the buyer out a refund with sob stories about bills and MUH MEDS and offers a $5 a month payment plan or some ridiculous shit like that

>> No.9271470
File: 40 KB, 300x230, 1479622233392.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9271405
>had a couple things go missing
Was it underwear? Because my half-brother did that as a teen. Stole underwear of mine and crammed them behind his bed. Didn't realize until months later when I went to get the dog from his room and found them.
>mfw I told my mother and she brushed it off as the dog having had done it
Yes, the dog opens my wardrobe. I'm sure.

>> No.9271511
File: 22 KB, 480x360, DSCN2677.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9271465
Oh dear... I read it all...

>> No.9271536

>>9271397
I think they refunded the cost of the dress but not the cost of shipping and customs, so in the end she still paid 300 in customs fees

>> No.9271604

>>9271005
The exact same thing happened to me until one Day I went to the post office and there it was, right behind the counter in plain sight. They were Just too lazy to look for it. It's worth a try visiting your post office anon!

>> No.9271611

>>9271364
Nah tho that would've been cute. My cellphone was on the slip so she just texted me

>kinda want to make a story based on the vibes you got now

>> No.9271614

>>9271405

Kind of expected that to be the answer. Sucks that it's not that rare of a thing and sorry you had to go through that. Although your parents must have been dipshits not to be able to put two and two together.

>> No.9271648

>>9270925
Last time I had a problem with a seller, the mods of the group wouldn't do anything, even though they told me they'd had problems with the seller before.
Anyways, don't buy anything from Sheezy Shacks or whatever her name is on fb.
>>9271058
Posted this story a while back but I got a body pillow case from Amazon and when I opened it (on my bed) there was a live spider in the box.
>It was a Yuno Gasai case and I'm terrified of spiders

>> No.9271667

>>9271106
>They made me pay 25 bucks for a 33 bucks package today

Had that happen too some time ago, I fucking hate European customs. I can't get this shit anywhere in Europe and when I do want it I always have to worry whether or not they're gonna fuck me in the ass with making me pay the original amount almost twice.

Fuck man, I enjoy being in Europe but when you're someone who wants to order tons of shit from Asia it almost makes me want to move just to avoid those shitty fees. I hate having to remind myself to have a bunch of extra money in case I get hit with fees each time I order something.

>> No.9271670

>>9271199

Report them to the USPS Postmaster Inspector General. They're the most effective fuckers on the face of the planet, because when they have budget cuts the first thing to go is mercy. If they fully audit your local branch, that branch is gonna feel the burn.

>> No.9271713

I ordered a figure from goodwill auctions to be shipped to buffalo new york since i live in canada i drive over the border. instead they ship it to TUCKAHOE newyork so its considered lost and they are working on getting it. i also posted this in the /a/ buythread they tell me that ups is good at fixing things

>> No.9271728

>>9270866
Now I'm paranoid about my shipping methods, I always neatly fold dresses into gallon ziplock bags before putting them into their mailers, and it's usually a tight fit... i-it's okay if it's folded and laying flat, not all balled up, right gulls? I only do it because I'm worried about water damage and I figure a ziplock protects better than a regular plastic bag...

>> No.9271804

>>9271056
Haha justice! Nice anon, did you get a full refund so you could buy another bottle, I hope?

My own minor horror story (I was more horrified about the potential):
>Ordered $300 jsk and accessories from Tokyo Pirates.
>When I got the package, it was literally an AP bag.
>mfw hole about the size of a silver dollar in the corner

I understand this from the brand itself when going from Japan TO Japan, but the US is awful with packages. It seems so lazy to do that as a second hand shop. Thankfully nothing was lost or broken but I will never order from them again.

>> No.9271810

>>9271728
Don't do that. It is tacky as hell.
Find a shopping bag if you are worried about moisture, but tissue paper and a waterproof exterior packaging is nicer. Then put it a LARGE padded envelope or better yet, an actual box. Do NOT smush. It is tacky and rude to stuff a dress into something too small, especially a ziplock. They may not say anything, but it is offensive. Think about it: if you ordered an expensive dress, would you want it to look like it was wrapped up by a hobo? Charge 14 and send it in a nice priority mail box even.

>> No.9271825

>>9271728
I'd rather have to iron a dress that's been crammed in a bag than receive it and discover the print has run or that it's been stained beyond repair.

If you're really worried about it though I bet ziploc makes bigger bags.

>> No.9271829

>>9271412
Thanks anon! That house was a toxic place for a multitude of reasons, so even if it isn't cost effective I'm much better off living away.

>>9271422
I'm sorry to hear that anon and I hope you're in a position where you were able to resolve the situation. It was very disappointing for me since before all the shit went down we actually had a great relationship and we were basically best buds. Didn't think there'd be an ulterior motive to it, especially not from a sibling.

>>9271470
Not undies but I was worried it'd go there as well. It was usually little things like some change and lip gloss and stuff? normally I'd chalk it up to me being a derp/messy but I distinctly remembered putting down a specific colour of gloss that later went missing so I knew something wasn't quite kosher. There were also PS2 and Xbox360 games but those he could've just asked for...
Your mother's reaction is exactly the reason I couldn't approach my parents about my problem. The lengths some people go through to stick their head in the sand is just ridiculous.

>>9271614
Yeah, it sucks. But thanks for the support anon. My parents didn't really know what was going on but even without it, I shouldn't have to put up with my property being destroyed and stuff. My father was a huge dickwad about everything when I moved (he threatened to call the police on me because my cellphone was on a family plan and he was going to report it as stolen. He also called the post office and told them that my mail redirect was fraudulent because me and my mother have the same name and some of her things got redirected too). My mother mostly claimed ignorance; she wasn't there when the lock thing happened and after the fact she was just like "you don't mind right?" Either way I think my intuition was spot on that I wasn't going to get help if I confided in someone.

>> No.9271852

>>9271058
I'm one of the anons that had a dead spider folded into my Bodyline bloomers. It was horrible, but thank god it wasn't alive like >>9271648 package.

I also got a package two weeks ago that when I opened it some insect came flying out, still alive. Looked around online cause it flew off and what if it was some mosquito with some foreign virus from China, and saw people say on various sites to open your packages outside. Their reasons though were mainly because of possible bed bugs being in people's packages and then getting into your home.

>> No.9271855

>>9271234
> I'm legit curious as why we have to pay so much when all they do is open a box. I'm still salty over how much I got charged every single time I got them. It's absolute bullshit.
it's called taxes, you retard.

>> No.9271856

>>9271648

That name appears on appears on my Facebook feed rather frequently, she's good friends with one of my convention buddies. What's the story there?

>> No.9271858

>>9271728
I do that too and out it into the flat rate padded usps envelopes. I don't think there's anything wrong with Doug that, I'm pretty sure most people would rather their dress be safe and waterproof during shipping. People who expect to receive their dresses in an elegant cute box and open it to a soft pillow surrounded by tissue paper and rose petals seem so naive to the horrors things can go through in the mail and overall like shitty obnoxious buyers desu

>> No.9271860

>>9271858
> *put
> *doing
damn it mobile

>> No.9271862

>>9271810
Imo if they don't specify or are unwilling to pay more for shipping I will stuff the shit out of it as long as it's not damaging.

>> No.9271872

>>9271855
Not necessarily, in my (European) country you have to pay like 10% of the amount in taxes, which is okay to me, but then the post service slaps you with like 20 bucks or more in bullshit "service fees". And they won't let you deal with customs yourself so you HAVE to accept this fucking highway robbery.

>> No.9271874

>>9271728
I typically put items in gallon ziplocks if they fit too, it just guarantees a clean and waterproof container. Stuff gets wrinkled in envelopes all the time and it's basically unavoidable, keeping fabric from being damaged is much more important.
If you're finding you really have to squish something into an envelope, definitely find a larger size or opt for a box.

>> No.9271880

This happened last year.

>Ordered from AP JP site. Small order, a bag and accessories.
>It went to Tenso and forwarded to my address.
> Not in a rush, picked registered mail. That was a mistake.
> Obviously my country doesn't track registered overseas post unless it is ems or courier.
> package disappears off the face of the earth.

>> No.9271890

>>9271810
How do you live your life if you get offended by someone trying to get your item safely to you in an airtight waterproof package? Have fun living in that hug box.

>> No.9271944

Not a horror story, but an odd experience. This was my second taobao order back in 2012, I believe we tried Bhiner. I was managing a group order with two other friends.

>I place the largest portion of the order
>Includes a jsk and multiple items to match it
>Jsk is listed as in stock on taobao, with about 2-5 dresses available per size
>Bhiner at first confirms it is in stock in my size
>a few days later Bhiner says it's not in stock and the taobao store hasn't updated their page recently
>"Ok, how about one size up?"
>Few days go by, "they're completely out of stock"
>"Ok, well I'll have to cancel about half this order"
>No reply for a few days
>"Let us contact them again."
>Another few days go by and suddenly they have it one size up
>Through broken english they explain the store (owner?) had to get this dress from a friend
>Bhiner made the owner take this dress back from one of her friends????
>"...okay. The whole order is good to go then."
>It arrives in a reasonable time
>Random Dear Celine blouse is in the mix. It's not mine or my friends.
>Review the order. Didn't pay for it.
>Don't say shit. Thanks Bhiner.

Never used them again. I still don't know if I appreciate them going through the trouble of getting me that dress. I feel like they must have pressured the shop because half the order was dependent on that jsk. Also they obviously misplaced someone else's blouse, but it was such a hassle communicating with them about the jsk, I didn't think it was worth the good karma to return the blouse.

>> No.9271947

ive literally ordered shit from china on ebay and they never arrive. and when i try and get a refund the things are not in my purchase history.

fuck my shit up senpai

>> No.9271955

>>9271810
>tacky as hell
If I don't have a brand bag, I often put blouses in ziplocks, within the envelopes. Several buyers have thanked me specifically for the additional layer of protection. The item may be expensive, but most people cringe at the cost of shipping and the incompetence of the postal service, so probably aren't that offended by a plastic bag if the item hasn't been origami'd inside.

>> No.9272000

>>9271804
Yeah the company sent me another bottle as long as I paid the shipping fee and sent them a proof photo of the damage. They said that many of their bottles tend to break when they go through the American postal service. They said I needed to include a extra note when ordering fragile things to pack it extra well. I honestly shouldn't have to say that. But the usps is soo inconsiderate of packages that we have to.

>> No.9272004

Here's one that happened to a friend.

>ordered a leather jacket from brothers cut without reading reviews
>brothers cut takes a week to process order and claims they shipped it out
>here he is wondering where his jacket went
>I'm the smart one and look up reviews
>notice they are a Chinese company which is the first red flag
>read scam alert and find dozens of people who got poorly mad assassins creed jackets and or never received their other jackets they ordered
>break the news to friend
>here he is 6 months down the road still hoping it shows up
>he doesn't want to accept that brothers cut just stole 60 dollars from him

>> No.9272005

USPS is probably going under soon, and at this point I think they've given up.

My friend, who generally makes poor decisions, sent his desktop computer through the mail via USPS. He paid extra for more insurance, as its value was somewhere between 600-800 in parts. The box arrived shredded and inside some parts had come loose and had been broken. He filed a claim and after a month of waiting they basically said "Yeah sorry it's not our fault," didn't pay anything of the claim, and didn't even bother refunding him the extra money he paid for more insurance.

>> No.9272017

>>9270898
I don't do the tumblr, but I'm hellosarahjean on the twitter. But I will probably save any future baked potato packages specifically for this board

>immediately regrets posting personal contact info on an anonymous site.

>> No.9272023

>>9271955
As long as you're folding in a way to allow for minimal wrinkles, this is the way to go! Especially during rainy weather. You're an A+ seller anon

>> No.9272025

>>9271947
Can payal-Senpi come through in this situation?

>> No.9272026

>>9271944
I would have kept it too, it's fine. Their mistakes aren't your responsibility. The person who's missing their item in their order surely got refunded and/or a replacement so I doubt any harm was done.

>> No.9272027

>>9271728
I think the biggest crime in anon's post was using the ziploc as the actual mailer. If it's extra protection in addition to a padded envelope or small box then you're all good

>> No.9272029

>>9271852
Oh my god this horrifying! I always throw all my packages on my bed and unbox them. Lesson learned

>> No.9272127

This happened to a friend, but this happens so often here and In afraid it's going to happen to me.

>friend has her brother buy her a phone and cute case from the mainland because we usually get things late here
>the brother send the phone in express/priority mail because my friend wanted it in time for a local event
>our island does not have a local sorting scented, so everything is sent to another island and finally sent to our town USUALLY on the weekends, and slips for parcels/packages are sent out in the boxes at 12:00 midday
>friend went to pick up her package a bit before 12
>"Oh sorry, the trucks with the mail have not arrived from the airport yet. Come back after twelve."
>2 o clock comes around, and she goes back to the post office
>"Oops, sorry! It seems like we've already received the package earlier this week, and we already sent it back to the seller. Haha!"
>she's skeptical because the woman didn't even look, but shrugs it off
>Calls her brother and tells him to send back the package as soon as he knows it's there
>a few days later, her brother said no package came back
>friend is getting antsy as the event is the weekend coming up
>She asks her mother if she could go check the mail for her because she was busy all week
>Momma goes and lo and behold there is the package
>Haha! A funny and cute little story. We never sent it back to the seller after all! Oops!"
>mother walks away from the situation calmly while her daughter was fuming and wishing she could have been there to cuss her out

>> No.9272143
File: 30 KB, 381x205, 1442882028044.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>waiting on a few 11/11 items to arrive at my SS
>"I know! Let's read the mail horror thread while I wait!"
I went into this fully knowing the consequences and I regret it.

>> No.9272169

>>9271944
The thing is, real people are running the ss. A lot of times they will take the preorder that they like when someone sends them the link, and the original customer will just be sol. They also like to try to bargain with sellers, and then the sellers won't sell to them anymore. I switched from using an SS to using an FS, and in the two years that I've done so, I've had a seller tell me something was out of stock after I ordered it maybe twice.

>> No.9272237

>>9271648
>Sheezy Shacks
Dang, I recognize that name. Just can't remember if I've bought from / sold to them before.

>> No.9272240
File: 24 KB, 988x262, Screenshot (3).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9271947
eBay purchase history keeps stuff for about 60 days. If they've vanished just do pic related and select the year and it'll show you everything you've bought for the year.

>> No.9272380

>tracking finally updated to its here in the us
>lets read some mail horror stories

>> No.9272387

>>9270764
this >>9270984
name and shame idiot

>> No.9272439

>>9271862
Then you are a shitty seller. The price you charge should include a dress that isn't crammed inside packaging too small so it gets wrinkled and looks like a rat stuffed it away. It's not the buyer's fault to expect it sent packaged reasonably. Your standards and practices are shit.

>> No.9272467

>>9271862
tl;dr - Free first class tracking is only useful for delivery confirmation.

I would just add the cost of priority shipping into the cost of the dress. (I'm saying that as someone who normally is okay with first class shipping.) First class shipping is sold 'with a tracking number'. The truth is that tracking number is only for delivery confirmation. The USPS will usually scan in first class packages with free tracking out of goodwill, but they are not required to scan such packaged until delivery. Priority has true tracking. In the event of a lost or damaged package, Priority will be much easier to find. I learned this from a company that shipping through Amazon.

>> No.9272469

And I can't type or grammar today.

>> No.9272473

>>9271728
I also say just add the cost into the dress because if you are stuffing dresses in ziploc bags, then there's no reason you couldn't fit it in one of the smaller flat rate priority mailers.

>> No.9272621

>order a bunch of items from AliExpress
>one sweatshirt is in a nearby big city
>goes to a smaller city
>bounces back to the big city
>oh god is my package going to be lost to the depths? can they not find my address?
>tracking is marked as having left the big city AGAIN today
>a pair of tights from AliExpress as well
>tracking says two days ago it left Beijing
>both are sitting on my couch right now

AliExpress is weird, man.

>> No.9272627

>>9272621
Yeah all my stuff so far has made no sense tracking-wise, but 5/10 items have arrived at my house within 2 weeks of ordering. I don't understand it, but it was all cheap so I could care less.

>> No.9272642

>>9272627
Yeah it's really weird. None of the stuff I ordered back in October has arrived at all despite tracking saying it reached the USA but I got all this saying it's still in China or bouncing around the USA when I have it in my hands.

>> No.9272701
File: 1.05 MB, 2560x1440, 20161130_174044.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Heres to hoping it goes well when I pick it up in the morning. Honestly if I hadnt gone in early for work I probably wouldnt have missed it.

>> No.9272707

I ordered a super limited shirt once, but the seller forgot to put my apartment number on the address so it was marked as undeliverable. As soon as I checked the tracking, I went to the post office on my break only to find out they returned it, and the seller was moving locations at the time so it was sent to his old address. I sent him one email a week for three weeks until he finally just refunded my order (shipping and everything) through paypal but with zero communication. He later posted something on his IG asking people not to bug him so much since he was moving and was just one person so I felt kind of shitty, but the whole thing was kind of a mess.

>> No.9272712

>>9272707
His fault for getting the address wrong

>> No.9272722
File: 44 KB, 397x462, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9272143
This, I just bought something from mylolitadress and now I'm afraid my 150+ package won't ever show up

>go into looking at site knowing full well it's a hit or a miss
>give them benefit of the doubt, after doing research that it generally is a good site/store
>"processing will take about 3-5 biz days, we'll send you tracking number when shipped!"
>it's been 2 weeks
>t-they're probably just busy with a lot of orders
>check order
>package says it's already been shipped
>mfw
>check tracking info
>"Tracking info not available"
>w-what
>shoot them email, awaiting reply, but have sinking gut feeling that this wont be good

pls don't let this be my first and only bad experience shopping there

>> No.9272752

>>9272722
It will probably show up but MLD is shit about contacting and shit about problem solving so beware in the future

>> No.9272756
File: 328 KB, 656x369, Lf5By.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9272722
These threads incite paranoia, I swear.

>buys a shirt from a website that I've bought from a couple times before
>every time, the item is shipped pretty quickly and arrives within a week
>this time, it's been a week and hasn't been shipped
>worry rising

>> No.9272769

>>9271856
Copy/pasting my post on it from when it happened because I'm short on time.

>Been having a rough couple of weeks, stressed out
>Decide I'll browse some cosplays for sale to blow off steam and make myself feel better
>Find a cosplay for sale of a character I like, in my size
>This is the perfect thing to cheer me up!
>Message seller, buy it, it arrives about a week later
>Open it, and the whole thing is covered in fur as if a cat made it it's bed
>Unfortunate.. but I guess I can always wash it?
>Wrong.
>Upon further inspection, whole cosplay is glued together
>Message seller asking if she knew
>"No anon I never wore it!!! sry lol"
>Decide after a lot of inner debate to kindly ask for a partial refund, only about a third of what I paid
>She rejects me, saying since she never had a problem wearing it I shouldn't
>What happened to her never getting to wear it? Who knows.
>Message the admins of the group I found her ad on, it isn't the first time they've had issues with her products but since she wasn't /technically/ breaking any of their stated rules they couldn't do anything.
>Take it to paypal claims
>She claims that she only knew part of the cosplay was glued, and I shouldn't have a problem with it
>whenwilltheliesend
>Paypal dispute times out, I never get my money back
>Still constantly see her posting ads on FB sales groups, no repercussions were ever made against her.

>> No.9272774

>>9272769
Comment on every single thing that she posts for sale.

>Haha. Remember that time you sold me a cosplay that was covered in cat hair and entirely glued together, then blatantly lied about it? What a time!

>> No.9272822

>>9271293
I work at an online store that ships worldwide, you'd be amazed how many people (specially americans for some reason) write their addresses as Street No. XX.... and that's it. No postal code, no country, not even a city, sometimes not even a full name. People are paying money for this shit. Why wouldn't you just put your address correctly?

>> No.9272827

>>9272822
Well to be fair on the name front you don't NEED a full name on mail when shipping domestically in the US. I shipped to people with their username instead of their real name all the time. International shipping just seems to be this huge mystery for a lot of people though. I never quite understood it as I've always found it pretty straightforward.

>> No.9272845

>buy yowamushi pedal jerseys for me and friend off aliexpress
>end up buying extra one for gf some time later, before the first order arrived
>same seller, all same team's jerseys
>first package arrives, everything in order
>cool beans
>gf's package arrives not too long later
>color is completely different, the print is terribly mismatched at the seams
>complain to seller, get royally ignored
>open claim, seller declines my request for a refund, claims it's not his product
>his store is now suddenly gone, I get a 404 error when clicking his username
>freak the fuck out, go look in trashbin for the packages just to get proof both packages were sent under same exact name
>dump all possible evidence against seller, from photo of the wildly different items, printscreen of his store being gone, photo of packagings
>seller keeps ignoring me, I'm forced to wait for aliexpress to automatically intervene after ages of waiting
>I need to fix this shit asap and order gf a new jersey, from another seller, in time for christmas and pray to the gods it matches mine somehow
>aliexpress finally intervenes, sides with me and agrees a full refund/no return is fair
>seller counters, says he'll give me a full refund if I return the item
>oh, I thought you said it wasn't your item? Why 'return' something you claim isn't yours to begin with, bitch
>tell him to fuck off, aliexpress ends up giving me my full refund after a full month of stressing with this fucking piece of shit seller

>currently biting my fingers over the replacement jersey for gf that is somewhere stuck in china

End me please.

>> No.9272884

>>9271511
I know this sounds ignorant as fuck but I never knew clothes could mould like that. Like I never thought of something being so dirty that mouldy clothes would be a possibility.

>> No.9272888

>>9272701
At least it didn't say delivered on roof.

>> No.9272892

>>9272769
Name and shame if you've got proof.

>> No.9272897
File: 63 KB, 600x900, beyouangels.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9272888

Obligatory.

>> No.9272940

>>9272888
Hope they dont try to redeilver it. Im going before work when they first open up.

>> No.9272945

>>9272774
Yes, will at least help others. Do it anon.

>> No.9272946

>>9272756
Same here anon.
>package has been in the NYC ISC center for a couple of days
>read through this thread
>worry intensifies

>> No.9272949

>>9272897
but how

>>9272946
I'm an NYC anon and I've never known what the ISC was. Is it a processing place for packages coming out of state/country?

>> No.9272953

>>9270506
carrier pigeons
have them steal package
takes about 6-103 days
if they dont die

>> No.9272956

>>9272949
It's USPS's international package hub/customs center. Any package that you get from abroad goes through there.

>> No.9272957

>>9272949
ISC stands for International Service Center. It's just somewhere in JFK.

>> No.9272964

>>9272956
I wouldn't say any package because my Asia based packages go through the LA customs and never touch the ISC in NY. But my packages from Europe go through the ISC.

When it comes to packages getting lost. I pretty much accept that the package won't make it to me when I place my order. That way when it does go missing I can't say I didn't plan for it. Keeps me level headed when dealing with the post about it.

>> No.9272965

>>9272964
ISC NY isn't the only ISC. They're at every international airport that accepts international packages. Depending on where you package gets scanned though it may not say ISC though. I can think of like three different locations in JFC that I've had packages scanned on incoming to the country, ISC NY bring just one of them.

>> No.9272969

>>9272965
Well yeah that was what I was saying. >>9272957 made it sound like ISC NY was the only ISC in the U.S. That was why I said not all go through that ISC.

>> No.9273007
File: 839 KB, 500x281, 1475036795934.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

no where near the level of some of the stories shared so far, but I'm still a little salty about this.
>Find a rather nice cardigan in the perfect shade of brown on lacemarket
>decide to buy it and everything goes smoothly
>at the time I was living in an apartment building with a shared mail space and no package mail boxes
>mailman would just leave packages sit on the floor under all the boxes if they didn't fit
>check the tracking
>says it was delivered while I was in class
>go down to check, there's no package
>think, "ok sometimes they scan the packages while they're getting ready to deliver them"
>look outside, no mail truck anywhere in sight
>wait like 2 days for the package to show up
>message the seller about what's happening
>they assure me they sent it to the right address
>decide to call the post office about it
>they say that since it was marked as delivered there's nothing they can do about it
>at this point I figure someone in my building must have either swiped my package or picked it up by mistake
>building is just large enough that I can't go knocking door to door looking for it
>like a week goes by
>finally give up on it ever showing up
>coming back from class one day
>happen to be going into the building as some girl is coming out
>she's wearing a rather nice brown cardigan
>...
>holy shit! That's my fucking cardigan!
>decide to compliment her on it
>mention I had ordered one just like it, but it never got here
>this girl went as white as a sheet of paper
>she managed to spit out an "oh, that's too bad" before saying she was running late and dashing off
>mfw the next day after I got back from class my package was magically by my door

To be fair, the girl didn't actually live in the building, her boyfriend did. 90% sure he swiped it and gave it to her as a "gift". Or at least that's what I got out of their argument that I overheard from his apartment downstairs.

>> No.9273011

>>9272957
>>9272956
>>9272965
>>9272964
>>9272969

Oh I see, thanks for the explanation!

>> No.9273027

>>9273007
I hope she gave her bf an earful and its nice you got it back. Some people would had gotten confrontational.

>> No.9273032

>>9273007
Your apartment needs a safe way to prevent package theft.

>> No.9273040

>>9273007

Coulda reported them to the USPS Postmaster Inspector General. That's a felony.

>> No.9273048

>>9273040
Only if they started something but she got it back but she can make a complaint to the landlord or something about needing a better mailing center

>> No.9273068

>>9273048

Doesn't matter that she got it back or that the neighbor didn't "start something", whatever the hell that means. Opening someone else's mail is a crime, punishable by law.

>> No.9273114

>>9273040
Someone stole my package, I might do that i'm fucking mad. won my dream dress for $70 on auction, and had it delivered to a previous place where the leiseowner hated my guts. lied and said he didn't have it although he SIGNED for it.

>> No.9273126

>>9272884
They usually don't but if something like say rotting orange peels are shoved up against it then the mold will stain the fabric.

>> No.9273134

>>9272127

Why do people let others walk all over them.
>she's skeptical because the woman didn't even look, but shrugs it off

Don't shrug off, demand she actually does her fucking job.

>> No.9273143

I work in the shipping department of a clothing company so I can understand the people who work for USPS/Fedex/UPS. Going to be completely honest: no one gives a shit about your particular package. It's just one more package out of the hundreds or thousands that are passing through the place. They get kicked, thrown, piled on top by lots of other boxes, etc. You don't get a bonus for being nice to people or going the extra mile. Most people can't imagine the number of boxes that are in there so asking someone to look for something that looks like a hundred other boxes just sounds like a pain in the ass.

As far as package carriers go USPS is cheap for a reason. Shit customer service and they have limited means to do things. Doesn't help that they don't have standardized labels unless printed electronically which means more ways for things to go wrong especially when there's a person's handwriting involved. UPS and Fedex are much, much better. You can actually get people on the phone and they can actually do something. Ground is slow coast to coast but they're a lot more reliable in the end.

But the way that some of your packages are packed up... what the fuck. I can't even.

>> No.9273145

>>9271393

Redirecting mail is a horror here. I do not know of anyone who actually sucesfully managed to redirect mail in our country. Everyone always ends up missing at least half of the letters and bills.

But hey our post is so fucking incompetent they could not even deliver bills to my adress, and the cleaning company actually sent someone to my adress to check if I'm scamming them because their mail was always returned as if the adress was invalid.

God i hate the post.

>> No.9273150

>>9273143

>Most people can't imagine the number of boxes that are in there so asking someone to look for something that looks like a hundred other boxes just sounds like a pain in the ass.
Gee expecting people to do the job they are being paid for is not something i should expect?

But yea, some post in these threads is fucking mental. I always get a few laughs out of it tough. Anyone has that thread cap of the anon tearing apart her pin because she thought they were glued together wrong and they just had brown paper protection on.

>> No.9273156

>>9272169
May I ask what FS you are using?

>> No.9273162

>>9273150
The UPS/Fedex way is much better where if you want to pick up a box you call it in and then they mark it in the system for pickup and put it to the side. If no pickup or other action is requested it just goes out again the next day. The USPS way it basically molders in a corner til a) someone comes in for it in which case it's probably buried under a ton of other shit b) a slip comes in asking for redelivery. With that in mind you can see why the last thing they want to do is look for it. What they should do, if they don't want to do it, is walk into the back, fuck around for a few minutes, and then tell you they don't have it. At least you think they tried.

>> No.9273286

>>9273068
I understand that not saying she should had never.

>> No.9273345

>>9273143
Exactly what >>9273150 said. It sucks that it sucks working at a post office, but wouldn't expect someone to actually do their fucking job. It's your job, do it right.

>> No.9273347

>>9273114
Definitely do this.

>> No.9273354

anyone have an idea on how long SAL takes from japan?

my story isn't really horror but here's some background

>first time ordering with an SS
>order a bunch of stuff, but 1 item was ordered 3 weeks before the rest
>didnt notice that terms say the SS will only hold an item for 30 days before charging a stupidly high storage fee
>oops
>get item shipped separately, but went with cheapest shipping option (sal)
>that was over a month ago

should i be worried yet ?

>> No.9273358
File: 36 KB, 600x189, 4e597267-aa9d-43e2-a750-9ca34e64f7bf..png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9273143
>asking someone to look for a package that looks like hundreds of others is a pain in the ass

Gee, if only there was some kind of system they could use. Y'know, like how if I go to a library and want to pick out one book that looks like thousands of other books? What's that called? Oh right, organization. I still don't quite understand why USPS doesn't have a label print system yet.

Also "pain in the ass" is irrelevant. I'm not asking for a favor, I'm asking you to do your job. Nobody forced you to become a postal worker. If you don't like it, head back to school and get a new career. Being a garbage man lifting filth all day and having bags rip and drop used condoms all over you is a pain in the ass too, but it's your career path.

Like, what if a first responded didn't come to your house while you were being violently raped because there was road construction along the way to your house so it'd be a "pain in the ass" to find a detour when he can just get Dunkin Doughnuts?

Or on a less serious example, you pay for a cleaning service and all they do is throw out your garbage because actually cleaning is a "pain in the ass?"

>> No.9273363

>>9273156
The one on the taobao website.

>> No.9273390

>>9273143
Out of curiousity, do you and any of the other people ragging on USPS live in the city? I live in a very rural area and USPS will get my packages to me in usually 3 days (if the sender is in the midwest or east coast.) Even my imported packages all arrived in less then 2 weeks. If I order through UPS, I'm looking at at least 7 days to get a package because of the way their routes run. USPS is really good for us rural people.

>> No.9273396

>>9273354
Did you use SAL small packet or airmail? Small packet usually takes between 2-4 weeks for me, and airmail over a month. I'm sure this depends on your location and stuff though.
If you have tracking info, utilize it, otherwise contact your SS about it.

>> No.9273398

>>9273396
SAL small packet and airmail are also treated as first class mail once they arrive in the states. You think with how much is paid it'd be treated like priority, but it's not. It's just regular old first class with tracking once it hits the U.S. border.

>> No.9273431

>>9273390

I live in a small-ish city (about 100,000 people), and by and large USPS is awesome. Packages get here super quick- sometimes being delivered on the third day they've been in the system- and almost all of the USPS employees I've encountered here are incredibly sweet and helpful. We've had a few carriers who've fucked up, but I've been living here 11 years and only had one missing package (it got delivered to the wrong address, but I never found out where it was delivered).

In contrast, if a package is sent to me by UPS or FedEx and it's not one of the expedited services, it takes forever. Packages never move during holidays or weekends, no Saturday delivery, inconsistent delivery time...I always cringe when I see a parcel coming via UPS or FedEx.

>> No.9273667

>>9272621
This anon again.

>third package goes to big city
>bounces to smaller city
>back to big city
>Arrived at local unit 11-30-06!
>expect it when I get home
>it's not here
>tracking says it's still at the local unit

Giving it an extra day to arrive because I'm too exhausted after waiting an hour at the Walmart pick-up (damn Christmas layaway people!) to go over there and see if my package is there.

>> No.9273696
File: 344 KB, 946x1062, sheezy more like sleazy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9272774
I should but I'm timid, as you might be able to tell from these screencaps. Sorry for failing you all.
>>9272892
Sheezy Shacks, here's some screencaps I have saved from when it happened. I opened a pp dispute after talking with the mods and they recommended it.
Forgot to mention in the original post, any accessories, like the scarf, came as a freying peice of unfinished fabric, the collar on Burial At Sea doesn't isn't as long as the base shirt collar so the whole piece has to be scrapped, and the skirt for Burial at Sea has unfinished holes in the waist instead of belt loops, assuming to feed the belt through.
I haven't touched any of the cosplay since and it's sitting in the mailbag it came in, next time I'm home I'll try to remember to take pictures of how it came to me.

>> No.9273724

>>9273696
>Sheezy Shacks
Her again? I've sold to her before and it was like pulling teeth trying to get the transaction done. You're not the first anon that has complained about her.

>> No.9273807

Hopefully not a horror story yet, but I just ordered off Taobao for the first time. How do customs know if a product is counterfeit or not? I ordered a Pucca doll thing, which I don't think is counterfeit, but how would customs know this and not confiscate it?

Here's the shop btw: https://pucca.world.tmall.com/?spm=a312a.7700718.1997427133.d4918065.PK1x37
It's legit, yeah?

I ordered with EUB to eastern US and my agent said it shipped 10 days, so I don't think I have a reason to worry yet.

>> No.9273857

>>9273358
its really edgy bringing up used condoms and brutal sex crimes in the same post, but you might want to wait to post here until youre 18, anon! :')

>> No.9273869

>>9273807
The post won't care if it's counterfeit or not. How do you think replicas get sold and knock off designer purses get to other countries from china?

>> No.9273871

This thread is making me nervous about the cosplay I commissioned. I'm resisting the urge to send an email since I just put the order in last month.

>> No.9273924

>>9273869
I heard customs started cracking down and confiscating counterfeit stuff when they recognize it.

>> No.9273937

Not much of a horror story, but an annoyance
>need something by Saturday
>ship with dhl, should arrive by Wednesday at latest
> forwarding service marks item as shipped
>tracking information says "label created"
>clearly unshipped
>four days pass
>still unshipped
>ask seller why it hasn't been shipped
>has the audacity to say "it's already been shipped, check the tracking instead of asking"
>thursday, package finally is sent out
>now stuck in customs, won't be delivered till Monday
fuck taobao forwarding services holy shit

>> No.9273942

>>9273924
Nah they are not going to do shit. If it was it would be big ticket items that the world knows of like phones and shit. Not toys and clothes. And that's a big If.

>> No.9274001

>>9273390
I live in the city and they often don't deliver on time. Tracking can say 'out for delivery' but they often take an extra couple of days to deliver. It especially sucks when you paid for priority.

>> No.9274006

>>9272884
Things don't need to be dirty to get moldy, just in a warm and wet environment. You sound more stupid than ignorant.

>> No.9274009

>>9273354
You sound like the annoying entitled buyer that everyone hates.

>> No.9274035

>>9273857
>:')
Newfag.

>> No.9274068

>>9273390
I live in a of 40k people near a much bigger city. If USPS works, it works fine, but if you have a problem, you're fucked. Their lack of modernization is what holds them back and upgrading everything would cost a metric fuckton. UPS and Fedex are much better for when things go wrong or if you need something somewhere at a certain time. My guess is that if you're rural it works well because they don't have to deal with the volume of the larger cities.

>> No.9274077

>>9273396
SAL small packet. thanks anon, i feel a bit better! it's only a few days until i hit the 4 week mark but i'll wait a bit longer before worrying!

>>9274009
more like clueless but ok

>> No.9274078

>Order Secret Shop shoes from Minkyshop that I need before Halloween
>I order these nearly 3 months in advance, and the listing says they ship out within 2-3 days
>Week goes by and shoes are still not shipped
>Three weeks go by and shoes still not shipped
>Finally email them asking why haven't the shoes shipped yet
>Get told that they actually don't have these shoes and are trying to see if Secret Shop has another pair somewhere
>Think to myself gee thanks for not telling me what's going on until I had to finally ask you about it
>They finally manage to find one last pair of these shoes in my size like 2 weeks later and ship them out to me
>I should have gone EMS at this point but thought maybe I'd get these before Halloween
>Something like 3 weeks left until Halloween when shoes get shipped
>Shoes arrive a few days after Halloween.......

I should have cancelled the order, but I really wanted those shoes. And worse part is that after the first wear (which wasn't until a few months after I got them since I didn't have them in time) they started falling apart (bow starting to come off, shoe color chipping off, a bit of the sole starting to come off the shoe). After 3 wears I had to face facts that the shoes fall apart more each time, and had to buy a different brand of shoes to replace these crap shoes.

>> No.9274081

>>9274068
> fedex need something at a certain time.

Lol, not if it's international. I got three day express shipping from cd Japan and FedEx dropped the ball on that one. Took me three weeks and three reports on the sassy bitch in my local FedEx to get my package. They "claim" the customs declaration wasn't sent from Japan when it clears both Japan and American ISC with customs declaration passed. Would have gotten my package quicker if I went through regular post but I wanted the dress for an event (that I had to wear something else to). 40 dollars extra in shipping waisted.

Within country FedEx is great although a little pricy.

>> No.9274103

>>9274035
obviously trying to antagonize you :')

>> No.9274118

>>9273363
Ah, I see. That doesn't work for Europe, does it?
(Why, Taobao, why?)

>> No.9274147

>>9271006
Cannibalism

>> No.9274156

Turned out okay in the end, but possibly scared me into paying for insurance on my packages.

>Order items on Y!A through SS, about $400 worth
>Pay out the ass for shipping and fees, over $200
>Am a tight ass and couldn't bare the thought of paying the SS for insurance when I have never had an issue with packages before
>Pay for SAL and package ships as normal
>Notice package is taking a little longer than usual, nothing major, probably Christmas rush already
>Takes longer still and I get frantic and email my countries post service, hear the usual "It hasn't been scanned we can't help you"
>K swt.
>Wait it out and package comes into the country and updates as having been sent out with a courier to my cities depot meaning package should arrive next day.
>Doesnt arrive.
>Doesnt arrive day after that.
>Still doesnt arrive
>"Fuck this" and I message the customer service which states they will get back to me by 5pm.
>Doesnt get back to me that day - fair enough I messaged at midday
>Doesnt get back to me next day
>Definitely doesnt get back to me for 2 days because weekend
>Finally gets back to me "Oh your package has been sitting here for a week and no one contacted us about it, we have sent it back to Japan"
>whut
>Tracking had updated as package having left their depot and was on the way to mine
>No update saying there was an issue
>TRACKING UPDATED SAYING IT HAD BEEN SENT TO MY DEPOT
>Okay. Well I contacted you 5 days ago and asked about the package, why didn't you ring me to say there was an issue
>Package "arrived without address" we couldnt contact you (yet you updated my tracking to say it had been sent to me, right?)
>Message SS to say package is potentially lost
>Lol you didn't pay for insurance, not our problem
>Message postal service asking about package - "you should lodge a claim as it is missing"
>Get another message - "Wait! Your package has been sent back to Japan" (Cool? i thought the address slip was missing?)

>> No.9274161

>>9274156
Fuck I just wiped half my story.

>Ask how it was shipped back - "it was shipped the same way it was sent"
>Get another message - "actually! Maybe your package is being held!"
>Get excited - "LOL WE LIED. We actually did send it back.. BY SEAMAIL!"
>Get ANOTHER message - "Oh wait! Customs has your package, ring them!"
>Ring customs - "WTF are you on about, ring these guys"
>Ring the guys - "Hmm, sounds like you need THESE PEOPLE"
>Ring the people - "THAT SOUNDS LIKE BIOSECURITY!"
>Why the fuck does Biosecurity want my package?
>Ring Bio Security - "Well we might have it but you need to get the tracking number the post service gave the package as it came into the country"
>Ring the post service, wait on hold and then immediately get hung up on when I explain my problem
>Ring the post service AGAIN and ask about the number - "No it has no number that is the number and it says its with a courier!"
>I explain that I have an open investigation case and that is not the right tracking number and I want the new one
>"No that is the right one"
>Get SUPER pissy and immediately contact customer service and bitch about the shitty emails I have recieved all from different people telling me different shit probably trying to make me leave them alone and go away
>Customer service instantly replies
>SUDDENLY MY PACKAGE IS NOT ON A BOAT TO JAPAN
>SUDDENLY MY PACKAGE IS MYSTERIOUSLY FOUND
>CUSTOMER SERVICE GUY SAYS HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET MY PACKAGE RESENT TO ME!

>> No.9274162

>>9274161
At this point it has been nearly 2 months, and my SeaMail order from my SS actually arrives before this one.

>3 Days later, package arrives on my doorstep with a hand written address slapped onto it and zero customs information/ return address/ official papers.
>Didn't get charged any customs fees

So happy it showed up in the end. But definitely reconsidered paying for insurance and such. Also made me realise how fucking useless my countries post service really is until you start getting aggressive. I was literally told several different stories by a bunch of different reps, and I doubt any of them actually knew what was happening and just wanted to make me go away.

Was so happy in the end with the guy who sorted everything out I send a package of chocolate and a card to his work place thanking him for actually helping. I got a cute email back about how he felt really proud of himself for having helped me!

Seriously though, pay for insurance and EMS. Its not worth being a tight ass and saving $30 on postage when the items are 400 odd dollars or so.

(Apologies for long ass story)

>> No.9274163

>>9274161
I had this same runaround with FedEx.

I know your pain. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I wouldn't wish this Migrain on any one.

>> No.9274164

>>9274162
Always use EMS man

>> No.9274252

>>9273667
This anon YET AGAIN, sorry.

>third package has been at local unit since 11-30-16
>check tracking today to see if maybe it'll be delivered
>12-01-16 Sorting Complete
>12-01-16 Out for Delivery
>12-01-16 Delivered In/At Mailbox

That was yesterday aka the day it wasn't in my mailbox and our mail isn't delivered until around 1pm so I know it's not out there right now given that it's not even 9am yet. If it's not here today then I guess I'll have to make some phone calls to try and find it.

>> No.9274260

>>9274078
I would have sent an email saying I needed them by a certain date that might no longer be met because they delayed the item with no notification, and asked if they could upgrade the shipping. Still wouldn't have saved you from shit quality though, sorry anon.

>> No.9274324

>>9273937

This isn't just a taobao thing. I hate when companies try to pass off creating a shipping label as ACTUALLY SHIPPING THE PACKAGE.

I ordered something last week on Thursday (Thanksgiving) from a US store, and it got marked as shipped on Tuesday. I've been checking the tracking and nope, it basically sat on electronic notice received until last night. It did not actually get shipped until a full week after I ordered it.

I have another purchase made Sunday from Amazon they're sending it by the really terrible UPS service where they hand it off to the USPS for delivery. Half of it was shipped out Tuesday, half was shipped out this morning also by terrible UPS service. I would've probably gotten the first shipment yesterday if they'd just sent it by USPS instead of UPS, but nope, they're estimating I won't get my package until Wednesday of next week. I'm just hoping it somehow arrives at the local shipping hub and gets passed off to USPS and they deliver it to me tomorrow.

>> No.9274454

>>9273857
go back to your safe space you dingus

>> No.9274472

>>9270866
i had a very similar package from a seller in japan! canada post tore it to shreds when they shoved it in my mailbox, which was too small for the package anyway. skirt was ok tho!

>> No.9274492

My taobao order (shipped using ems) has been "returned from Beijing customs" for 6 days now....

>> No.9274692

>>9274454
>hi, I'm a newfag!

>> No.9274714

>>9274324
Yeah, I've sold stuff on eBay before and I know that once you print the shipping label, the item is marked as shipped. I'm not sure how many buyers know the difference so I'm always in a rush to actually ship it as soon as possible.
I can't fathom how people can just let it sit for a week, "uh it was marked as shipped :/"

>> No.9274725

>>9274492
They might not be scanning it.

>> No.9275002

>>9271293
I work for AusPost and couldn't give a shit what name you address your letter/parcel to.
In fact I've delivered to "Richard Cranium", "Clint Orus" and "Some Guy". As well as business' around town, that have stuff shipped to their business name.

As long as it's got the right/complete address on it, your fine.

>> No.9275048

>>9274492
Better than my tracking. It said it was delivered to someone on Beijing instead of being shipped overseas...

>> No.9275052

>>9271332
Fedex can suck it. I have a raging hate boner for Fedex. They've delivered perfectly addressed packages to the wrong house - 3 different times. I barely get anything shipped via fedex yet they've fucked up 3 times. You call them and they're fucking assholes about anything, too. I actually decided to stop buying anything that only ships via fedex.

I've literally only ever had the USPS fuck up on me once when they delivered a 2nd hand IW blouse to my next door neighbor instead of me.

UPS has never failed me. I don't get stuff from them often but they always seem to know what they're doing. And DHL is AWESOME because they come at like 9 am whereas I have to wait until 4 pm or late for any other couriers.

>> No.9275057

>>9275052
Hah, see I hate UPS for the reasons you hate Fedex. They never deliver to my house and take all packages to my neighbor, plus they never show up until 6pm or so.

>> No.9275061
File: 34 KB, 707x612, dammitups.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9275052

I'm with >>9275057 on this. I just posted earlier about how much I hate UPS and...

Well, fuck.

>> No.9275069
File: 97 KB, 640x799, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9275048
Just end it.

>> No.9275175

>>9274260
I wish I had thought about that and had them upgrade me at no cost.

>> No.9275433

>>9275052
I fucking hate FedEx too.

My husband won posters in a contest. The person running it printed them at high quality and sent them, and they got stuck once they reached the city.

>FedEx claims something about the address is wrong
>item is stuck in depot
>won't let us come pick it up
>refuse to deliver even if we provide updated address (not that anything was wrong in the first place???)
>won't mail it back
>start claiming it got lost en route even though it got scanned in the local depot
>"No we never received it"
>SCANNED AT MY CITY'S DEPOT THO
>then they refuse to refund the 70 FUCKING DOLLARS contest person paid for shipping

I think it's still stuck there to this day. It's been over a year...

Not to mention, they always charge me hefty customs fees. I think it's a thing that happens with all couriers. Ordered a replacement screen for my phone, and I ended up paying about as much as it would cost for a cell shop to fix it.

Likewise, I don't even want to get into the suckage of DHL's fee system.

>charge you HST every single time
>but then if it's clothes they charge more on top of that
>you can end up paying as much as 30% of original package, or more
>they charge you fees for the privilege of charging you fees
>fuckfaces have a depot in the middle of fucking nowhere, buses don't go there and it's too damn far to walk

fuck DHL and FedEX. fuck 'em both.

>> No.9275487

>>9272722
I've gotten a fairly large order from them before, it took like two months but that is honestly all I expected and I ended up really happy with the stuff.

>> No.9275662

>>9275433
>FedEx story
Sounds like one of the mail people decided to keep it, I guess? That's fishy as hell.

>> No.9276900

> awaiting three super expensive packages from the uk
> they all take unrealistically long
> tracking magically stops updating at "on its way to gls" (basically when they leave the uk)
> no experience with gls, google them
> apparently it's the worst shipping company that has ever existed

just kill me fampais

>> No.9276909

>>9274162
what country
and what shopping service?

>> No.9276934

>>9276900
Places usually only ship through GLS when they have no other choice. (GLS will ship to pretty much anywhere except North Korea. Need a package sent to the mountains in the Middle East like Afghanistan? No problem. Sketchy package that needs to be sent to a coastal African town often harassed by Somalian pirates? No problem!)

Apparently they are shipping some weird ass places. That's actually hilarious it was sent through GLS.

>> No.9277035

>>9276934
I wouldn't say Austria is a weird ass country, but apparently GLS is the royal mail's official shipping partner here. We're rich, have a good infrastructure and tons of other mail services so idk. Why do I even pay for tracked shipping when they don't even bother updating it.

>> No.9277061

>>9277035
Unfortunately once the mail hits another country, it is entirely the other country's responsibility. So, the tracking dropping off is on Austria's end, not the U.K.

In the U.S., tracking on several mail options overseas is actually not required to be tracked once it hits the U.S. border. It's downgraded to first class mail. They are only responsible for delivery confirmation.

>> No.9277071

However, another anon once posted this link and it's helpful for international orders. I used it on international orders because it will pull tracking info that USPS wouldn't. Sometimes it does a better job tracking international orders.

>http://www.17track.net/en

>> No.9277368

Everybody on my mom's store's street has one person who keeps getting their mail and vice versa because one street is ___ ___ Rd. and the other is ___ ___ Village Rd.

>> No.9277394

>>9277061
I know anon, that's why it's so horrible to me. The royal mail will say "well we gave it to gls" ang gls is like "we didn't get anything" so nobody will feel responsible if anything gets lost, which I think is true for at least one package. It's been over two weeks and that's super long unless the delivery guy actually swims over to europe and then goes by foot.

>> No.9277433

About eight or so years ago, I first started cosplaying and was a dumb teenager with a lot of money and no sewing talent. I found someone on coscom that had a glowing commission reputation and a great site full of her work.

Pay this chick five grand up front like a stupid teenager, and give her a year timeline.

Get fabric samples and fittings, all properly packaged and mailed to me, all seems well. Dress is done, pics are lovely, it ships to me.

No tracking. No insurance. Box arrives. It's very small and looks ready to explode, the sides are buckling out. Ohno.jpg. I open the box and inside is a cheapie white garbage bag tied up at the top. I open the bag and the dress is just stuffed inside.

The fabric looks lovely, silk velvet, heavily beaded and embroidered. I pick it up and the entire thing just disintegrates in my hands. Every single seam falls apart, the beads fall off, the thread and the silk velvet is basically crumbling.

To this day I have no idea why. I tried to get my money back from the commissioner and she flatly refused. My dad called the card company, explained what happened and they issued a charge back so everything was fine, but just a bizarro situation.

>> No.9277459

>>9272827
Recent grad from a uni here. I had to have my full name that matches my official student ID to pick up any packages sent to me in student housing because of how they sort. Anything that goes into the place that doesn't match the recorded resident names go into limbo. I've had someone misspell my name (handwritten) and had to go through 2 supervisors/managers and pull up every form of ID to clear the misspelling (it was just two letters switched). So sometimes the real name thing is important, but only in circumstances like these.

>> No.9277621

I just got a letter last week from my grandmother.

She's been dead for 2 years. This mail has been swimming around lost in the post office for at LEAST 2 years? What the fuck? It's nice, she gave me her necklace and knew she was dying but holy fuck.

>> No.9277626

>>9277621
Are you in a horror movie or something

>> No.9277643

>>9272467
I'm working at USPS right now.

Priority tracking also has the benefits of being processed faster during the holiday season.

>> No.9277644

>>9271944
Legally (at least in the US), you are under no obligation to return a missent package. Ethically, it's another issue.

>> No.9277647

>>9273143
on top of which, when USPS hires holiday temps outside of the system because it's cheaper, they don't have the training, the consequences nor the care about your packages.

>> No.9277650

>>9274068
>My guess is that if you're rural it works well because they don't have to deal with the volume of the larger cities.

Pretty much this. Rural cities get their own mail route where they usually have less volume of mail to process or its easier to pull out of stream of packages that are sorted by zipcodes.

Condensed city with the large amounts of zipcodes and combine that with more handling via people n machines leads to less efficiency.

>> No.9277778

>>9277650
Seconding this. I went from a city to a rural area and I've had much better handling of my mail since going rural. Worst I've had out here is someone hitting my mailbox in the middle of last year's Secret Santa event leaving me scrambling to explain to the local post office to hold my mail instead of sending all my gifts back to China.

Otherwise I've only had one actual mail hiccup where a package I ordered was marked as delivered without me actually receiving it. I checked with my neighbors, checked around my box, even checked the ditch. It was marked as delivered a whole hour after the tracking on a package that did get delivered was marked as such. I think the mail carrier dropped it in her car (here mail drivers drive their own vehicles but sit in the passenger seat and drive one-handed) and just marked it as delivered to avoid getting in trouble. I ended up getting my package the next day so it wasn't too bad. Recently had that happen this week as well with an AliExpress item so I didn't freak out as bad, just waited and got it the next day.

>> No.9277852

>>9271393
I'm sorry anon, that's something my older brother would have done. Mentally scarred by a lot of shit but I'm out now. Just need to get rid of a load of stuff next time I visit "home" and I'm golden.

>> No.9277856

>>9271405
Wow, it's fucking grim how this has happened to all of us.

I'm sorry gulls, maybe we should set up a support network or something.

>> No.9277867

>>9277394
By any chance did you get the gls tracking code or just the royal mail one?

>> No.9277947
File: 214 KB, 1440x2560, Screenshot_20161205-184924.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can anyone help me? Where the hell is my package? The seller won't reply to my messages and my country's tracking website says it's been sent to CNBJSA.

>> No.9277972

>>9277644
did you click on the wrong post or what? it's not missent if bhiner fucked up and happened to add one extra item nobody ordered to a large package, missent is when a package you didn't order is delivered to your name. if you go around grabbing your neighbours' mail saying 'oh it just appeared on my lawn so I don't have to give it back', that's mail fraud

>> No.9278067

>>9277433
Wat.

That's good you got your money back but holy shit $5000?? What did you commission?!

>> No.9278101

>>9277433
I get the feeling that you commissioned from Limebarb.

>> No.9278192
File: 164 KB, 900x1200, IMG_9806.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9270506
One time i bought my friend bee movie perfume and it broke in the mail

>> No.9278243

>>9278192
That's what happens when you try to meme in real life.

>> No.9278338 [DELETED] 

>>9277778
Is...this...Firefly Path from back in the day?

>> No.9278339

>>9277433
Was this from Firefly path from back in the day?

>> No.9278343

While not cosplay related
>Bought Ghost Stories anime on dvd to watch with friends at the con the night before the con starts
>Fast and free shipping awesome
>Was set to arrive Nov 21st
>Has been stuck in Union City CA since the 18th of Nov.
Every single time a package of mines ends up in Union City it's there for a month for no reason. I gave up and contacted the seller today even though I know they can't do anything about it.

>> No.9278420

>>9277867
No, I didn't.

Actually, one of the packages arrived yesterday and I'll pick it up today. I hope it is intact. (The royal mail number for that package worked fine on the GLS website btw, apparently they just let it sit for almost a week so it didn't update)

I got in contact with the online shop that sent me the package that has been lost the longest. I hope they can find out something or give me a refund.

I just want my stuff desu

>> No.9278426

>>9278343
Don't worry anon, I have one that's not cosplay related AND it's happening right now.
(1/2)
>Ordered something from Amiami, with registered shipping so I can track it
>Package was supposed to be delivered last Saturday
>Was home all day, also have a dog who barks like a maniac the second someone knocks on my door
>Time passes and still nothing
>Look in mailbox and find a pink slip
>"Sorry we missed you!" pretty much told me they returned it to the post office because I wasn't there to give a signature (which is bullshit because the mailman didn't even knock on my door)
>Options were to 1) Schedule it to be delivered again or 2) Pick it up myself at the post office
>Couldn't go that day because by the time I got the slip, the post office was closed
>Also couldn't go Sunday because they're closed on Sundays, have to wait until Monday(today) to pick it up

>> No.9278430
File: 63 KB, 1280x720, 1980290_685561888171672_2838085090244438017_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9278426 (2/2)
>Today
>Go to post office and tell the guy behind the counter my situation, give him the slip with the tracking number so he can look for it in the back
>Goes to look after telling him my address(he also wrote it down correctly on the slip) and tells me he can't find it, immediately tries to shoo me away after telling me it's out for redelivery but I stand firm because I didn't specifically request for it to be delivered again
>Show him my phone which has the tracking history, which last says "Notice Left (December 3rd)"
>Brings the manager out and I explain my situation again
>He asks for my address and I tell him twice because he wanted to confirm the address, looks in the back again
>Told me apparently the guy who was responsible for mail on Saturday didn't even bring it back to the post office and left it in the truck
>Which means it's out for delivery again
>Wait for hours, staring out the window like an idiot
>Dog really wants me to walk him, so I walk him
>Going back to my house, see mail truck
>Run to the truck and asks the person in it if she already delivered the mail in a certain corner of houses (also give her my address after explaining my situation)
>She says "Oh! Is that the package my supervisor called me about? But...he didn't tell me that address, he said it was for 702 (Which is HORRIFICALLY off from my actual address, nor is it even close to ANY of the houses in my neighborhood), which I do have right here, I don't have one for your address though"
>Ends up giving me another pink slip so they can redeliver it (if they even have it anymore) and I wrote down to specifically throw my package over the fence AND wrote my phone number on the slip)

I'm still waiting for my package. Also, according to her, the person who usually delivers mail on Saturdays wasn't there, so this new person clearly didn't give a shit about my package because they are probably only temporarily responsible for this area of houses.
Fucking USPS.

>> No.9278457

>>9272722
Shipping is ungodly expensive but their packages always showed up within a few days. BUT I'm pissed about MLD nontheless, had 2 bad experiences with them:

>receive package from them
>can't remember ordering anything lately
>it's a petti
>definitely didn't order that
>contact them
>"oh sorry, the package is for another girl in your country, can you please forward it? We'll give you 10% off your next order!"
> k sure
>forward it, pay for shipping, tracked and insured
>before making my next order write her about the 10% off
>"sorry I cannot grant you 10% off, I can give you a free item I choose"
>nvm then, not gonna order from your overpriced store again
>mad bc why did she make the offer in the first place if she wasn't gonna do it?

>Made an oath to never order from her again but really want the British Shorthair print and it's sold out on Taobao
>contact her about how much I want that dress
>"it's not in stock now but I will get some soon and I'll hold one for you"
> ok great thanks please contact me as soon as you have it and I'll pay immediately
>don't hear from her again
>contact her
>"you can't have it, it's sold out again"

FUCK THAT I really wanted that dress and had already buyed accessories because she pretty much guaranteed me to hold one for me.

>> No.9278517

>>9278457
*bought
sorry, tard rage set in

>> No.9278527

>>9277947
I'm curious if the shipping was free. Your package is likely fine and will arrive in a couple weeks. I'd still give it a month. CNBJSA means it's at the export office (where it is suppose to be), but it seems to be going through Russia right now. I'm not sure where you live, but it's exiting China at the Russian border. Depending on what mail service you paid for, I'd expect it in 2-4 weeks.

>> No.9278532

>>9278527
And yes, it's a bit strange it's jumping from exchange office to exchange office. CNBJSA is a Russian/Chinese exchange office it would appear though (according to google).

>> No.9278538

And it's a bit strange it's jumping from exchange office to exchange office because what those notes mean is the package is being rejected. Something is wrong with either the item or the customs declaration. Where are you shipping it?

My thoughts are done.

>> No.9278553
File: 63 KB, 578x547, 1442200282892.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>waiting for several packages in the mail
>decide to read the horror stories thread

Good job, me

>> No.9278634

>>9278457
I ended up having to exchange something because there was something wrong with the print on a dress I ordered from them. They promised me that they'd reimburse me for shipping the dress to their associate in my country so they could send me a dress that wasn't fucked. They ended up refusing to reimburse me. I was tired of trying to fight with them to replace the dress and just cut my losses.

>> No.9278705

>>9278457
I've had bad experiences with MLD too
>Do an order for a preorder jsk, beret, and matching blouse
>Receive all three pretty quick
>wait
>that's the wrong blouse altogether

I contacted her and she offered to match the price difference (the blouse I got was cheaper than the ordered one)
I wanted more and asked for something like free shipping
>"That's too much, we're just trying to make a living"
>get a $17 credit instead

But now I don't want to order from MLD again? So I'll probably never use the credit ugh

>> No.9278776
File: 403 KB, 823x584, redelivery.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm glad my postal lady is cool.

>>9278430
From experience, just rescheduling a delivery the next day is quicker and you have to deal with less local office bullshit. You can do it online on the night you get the notice and leave notes as to what they can do in the event you are not there for redelivery, who to leave it with, etc. so long as you have a tracking number.

If they don't redeliver, raise hell through support on the webpage if the local office doesn't answer the phone. The complaints or inquiries I've made have gone directly to the higher ups and the responses I've gotten after the automated confirmation e-mails were from actual people.

I hope this helps out some Americanons that haven't tried it yet.

>selling manga I never read anymore on eBay
>get a winning bid on a couple, buyer pays
>sweet, print out label (he opted for first class)
>send it on its merry way - I usually have the postman pick it up where I work
>check tracking for my outgoing packages periodically
>it's been two weeks and this guy in the same state as I am STILL hasn't gotten this manga
>all of my other parcels have arrived to their destinations and a few feedback has trickled in
>Message buyer to ask if it has arrived and tracking hasn't updated and what all
>he confirms that he hasn't received it
>I get pretty proactive and shoot an inquiry to USPS.
>Next day get message from the postmaster in his area saying they're looking into it
>Manga appears in buyer's mailbox a couple of days after
>Success!
That was a potential horror story that ended up in a good place.

>> No.9278780

Just to make you all feel super safe with your mail...

I am close to someone who works in USPS. There is an infamous story in my area of this carrier who hated his job SO much, he would take his mail to the street, DUMP IT in a ditch, kill time shopping, then return to the office like he'd been working. They eventually put trackers in all the trucks and caught him. He'd gotten away with it for a year.

I heard it and instantly thought of how horrible if people had not only burando and such, but bills too. Genuinely scary.

>> No.9278951

>Order something magical and custom made from the far away land of Estonia for my birthday through a second party retailer in contact with designer.

>Will take 3 weeks to make, then will be shipped.

Okay.

>3 weeks. Have to email sellers for my tracking number. Super sweet and quickly respond to my email, but uneasy that I had to contact them for it. My tracking # will be usable once the package reaches the United States through USPS.

It's been a week since it has shipped and has not arrived on my shitty shores. I am scared about this thing going through customs because it looks like a fucking weapon. Also I have never heard of anyone's shipping experiences with Estonia.

I just want my creepy weapon-like accessories.

>> No.9278962

>>9278780
I'm currently getting about a letter per month addressed to various people in various streets in the neighbourhood. The only similarity to my address is that I live in nr. 20 and all the letters are for houses starting with 2. I've had 20, 22 and 2 so far. It's not always the same person whose letters I'm getting, and I've always either put them in the mailboxes myself or gone to tell our local office this is happening. It's not like these people live far either, sometimes it's literally 4 houses over, around the corner. I don't get not caring about your job enough to do this.

>> No.9278965

>>9278705
Good luck on getting that credit.

I'm sorry, sure they have to make a living, but so do I and if they fucked up the costumer can't be the one who has to pay for it.
That's super unprofessional and by treating costumers like that they'll scare off costumers in the end.

>> No.9278996

>>9278780
We've had a case here in my state where a temp worker would drive out to a dumpster behind a business and just empty their entire day's mail into it.

>> No.9279036

>>9278965
customer

>> No.9279050

>>9278705
Should have gone to paypal, store credits force you to come back to them or you're technically still losing money.

>> No.9279102

>>9279036
right, sorry

>> No.9279106

>>9278996
Just a while ago some random dude decided to smear shit all over a some kind of mail collection box here. He wasn't working but it makes you think. Lost bills are so mainstream here.

>> No.9279111

>>9278457
I don't know why people are so in love with MLD. Linda who is not most likely even a real person is so overly kind it's annoying and problems can't be solved. The package is always almost ready to be shipped and she lies about products being in stock or just forgots to inform the customer about it. Last time I ordered from her was when she sent me a fucking awful copy of a cheap Taobao item. Got refunded but she clearly thought I was some idiot who couldn't tell the difference and probably thinks all of her customers are the same.

>> No.9279187
File: 31 KB, 600x600, viper_i_win_always_u_loose_always_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9279111
A lot of her stuff is really overpriced too, even factoring in ss fees and shipping. I just don't get the appeal either, my comm just put in a group order and are having problems. Glad I stayed out of that

>> No.9280281

>>9279050
MLD Probably wouldn't have refunded anything then.

>> No.9280320

>>9279111
I must have been lucky becuse she's been helpful for me in preordering a few things. Always informing me when the tailor is planning to be done and always helpful when I have a deadline. Even helped me find a blouse to match in color with another dress so I didn't buy something that was off. Although expensive in some aspects, I like how easy it is to communicate with her.

>> No.9280542
File: 31 KB, 503x491, 1464666569404.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>package from Aliexpress shows as "delivered to agent"
>sweet, someone at my house must have signed for it
>nobody signed for it
>not in mailbox, not on porch, neighbors didn't accidentally get it
>go up to post office and ask about it
>"oh that means it was delivered to your apartment's office!"
>live in duplex not apartment, all semester had packages left on porch or in mailbox or signed for
>98% sure my landlord doesn't even have an office since we mail our rent to her but call her just to make sure
>"yea we don't have an office I dunno where they would have delivered that"
>go BACK to post office like "wtf happened"
>"oh are you a student at the university? They come and pick up students packages in the mornings and bring them to the post office on campus if they have a PO box there"
>go to campus post office and sure enough it's there
I still have no idea why they took my package. They haven't done that all semester, it was not addressed to a campus address and I sure as hell do not have a PO box on campus. Weird as fuck. At least I got my package in the end.

>> No.9280619

>>9280320
It makes me even more mad that she treats some customers this good and others like shit...

>> No.9280639

>>9280619
I think she only is helpful when shit doesn't hit the fan. As soon as there is something wrong or you want a refund the service goes to shit.

>> No.9280695

>>9280281
Paypal buyer + seller protection should have covered it if a case was opened. I've opened them agsinst SS before and received partial refunds.

>> No.9280716

>>9280639
I never wanted anything but what she proposed in the first place, is she schizo?

>> No.9280869

>>9280320
shes got english speaking helpers so it might have been one of them you spoke to

>> No.9281007

>>9278457
I stopped preordering with MLD when I realized I wasn't talking to Linda but the American "Lolita" who keeps promoting herself.

Linda will say one thing then the American girl says another. Not worth the headache.

>> No.9281035

>>9281007
idk why you put lolita in quotations, she wears it regularly