[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 42 KB, 410x618, 1438561757017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9181748 No.9181748 [Reply] [Original]

I want to be a life style lolita. ITT discuss if it's possible.
Discuss:
>Current substyle
>How often you wear it and how you incorporate it into job/uni/etc.
>Are your hobbies in line with your style?
>What about music taste?
>Food too?
>Is the rest of your home decked out to represent the frills in your heart? (Sweet lolitas in a j-pop culture cocoon, classic lolitas in a home better suited for a grandmother, goths in a coffin)

Also post articles and blogs about the lifestyle life and lolitas in public doing their frilly thing!

>> No.9181758

>>9181748
Anon I like the idea of this thread but what do you mean by food? I can't imagine what "lolita" diet you could create you could actually live off of.

>> No.9181767

>>9181758
More along the lines of sweet lolitas making trips to the bakery, goth and classics finding tea shops still thriving.
It was meant to be more cutesy and joking than anything

>> No.9181769

>>9181748
I want to wear lolita to work and theoretically I should be able to. However, I am the youngest member in the department and therefore everyone treats me as such. Dressing as a Victorian toddler isn't going to help my case, unfortunately.

Any tips for working the aesthetic would be appreciated. I'm into classic btw.

>> No.9181773

>>9181769
I'm not a lolita but from a normie point of view I'd say just mixing blouses and stuff into your daily wear would be a good start!

>> No.9181774
File: 47 KB, 540x960, 1467750176268.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9181769
Classic might be easy to transition into. Or at least work towards. Maybe try to mix something "preppy" with classic?

>> No.9181776

>>9181769
I wear lolita to work sometimes - my wardrobe contains all three main substyles. When I wear it I usually will wear a jsk without petti, a cardigan, and a small headband or barrette. As long as you look presentable/professional and are choosing more mature prints or solids, it should be okay.

>> No.9181777

>>9181776
And I do realize the lack of petti takes it out of lolita but I think that you can still kind of have the lifestyle /feel/ when you're still wearing your brand or whatever. Esp if you're not posting pics or anything and wearing it for yourself.

>> No.9181833

I would really love to start wearing lolita/decking out my home but I don't even know where to start

>> No.9181851

My living decor is somewhere between Halloween Victorian goth aesthetic and anime moe cutesy vomit

>> No.9181874

>>9181777
I dont see why you cant wear it without a petti, like who gives a damn? The point of making it wearable for work is to simplify it, and petticoats are impractical.

>> No.9181937

>>9181851
I like both of those aesthetics but them combined sounds disgusting, anon

I wear Lolita occasionally as a professional and I will wear a small petti just because I prefer the silhouette over a flat skirt. It's not particularly inconvenient in any way desu.

>> No.9181994

>>9181769
I'm in the same position and at the moment I'm just wearing my lolita blouses to work with maybe a small hair accessory now and then, combined with more appropriate office wear. I've worn ops with office skirts/solid black midi skirts before too, but I feel like I should give it a while before I start wearing jsks to work.

>> No.9182007

>>9181748
I have that VM Elegant Mermaid skirt, which could *potentially* be worn around an office but certainly not for an interview.

A true lolita skirt (with the silhouette and all) I can't imagine ever wearing in a professional setting. But if you work at a place with lax rules or an artsy/nerdy field, I can imagine people would find it either weird or charming.

I'm not a lifestyler, but lolita-esque hobbies I can think of are making art (especially painting), reading classics, writing books, collecting of any kind, flower arranging, playing an instrument (piano, woodwinds like flute and clarinet, strings but especially violin), taking walks, tending a garden, cooking, making your own tea blends, making your own perfume, embroidery/sewing/quilting.

>> No.9182011

>>9181769
Think about it this way: you'll likely to be treated like a baby anyways.

Why not wear it?

>> No.9182015

>>9181748

>Current substyle
sweet, very very sweet
most days of the week, and if not that i'm wearing a casual coord. 2 or 3 days of the week i may be swamped with work to do so i stay in my jammies. i take online classes and i do freelance programming from home till i graduate.
yes! i knit, crochet, sew, embroider, tat lace, collect plushies, and paint
>What about music taste?
i like bedroom pop and japanese shoegaze mostly. not LOLITA but definitely dreamy
>Food too?
my diet is trash meaning i forget to eat
>Is the rest of your home decked out to represent the frills in your heart?
my room is pink and frilly and filled with more stuffed animals than i could count. there's only room for me on the edge of my bed and that's okay

>> No.9182047

>>9181874
I'm always boggled by this because withoutthe petti it doesn't look the same and if I want to wear lolita, then I'm gonna do the whole thing. Not just half assing for other people's convenience.
Why not wear a different j fashion that would be slightly more acceptable if you have to wear something jfash.
I guess what I don't get is needing to wear "lolita" so badly when you're not even wearing lolita? Like if it no longer has the silhouette, what is making you need to wear it? What does that do for you? Like "ohhh I'm wearing something MEANT for lolita so that's good enough"

Why all the headgames?

>> No.9182087
File: 284 KB, 800x1165, 3046200-kg01_l1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9182047
You're right, if it doesn't have a petticoat it's totally not lolita at all.

>> No.9182142

>>9182087
She still has the shiloutte though. Like she has a small bit of poof. Why not just wear a weak petti?

>> No.9182144

>>9181748
I wear mostly classic and buy lots of antiques for my apartment. Can't wait until i can afford to buy a large old house. I like looking at other people's kawaii sweet rooms, though, I just prefer traditional things for myself.

I'm not much of a lifestyler, I have a very physical job and only wear lolita on weekends

>> No.9182153

>>9182142
I don't really wear lolita without a petti I was kinda just trying to be a snarky bitch because people on this board have such a ridiculous double standard re: the silhouette.

(i.e.; outfit that is obviously a fully lolita coordinate sans petticoat is suddenly "not lolita" because of no petti but saying that lolita is about more than a poofy skirt. But then, maybe I'm just being nitpicky)

>> No.9182165

>tfw teacher at a daycare in the toddler room so I could never even dream of wearing lolita to work

>> No.9182169

>>9181748
>>Current substyle
Kuro, classic, academy, old school
>>How often you wear it and how you incorporate it into job/uni/etc.
Not as often as I'd like. Right now I mostly wear something in the otome range or try to incorporate iw skirts with cardigans with a non frilly blouse as it's more work appropriate.
>>Are your hobbies in line with your style?
I draw for a living, go to life drawing once a week, am taking pottery classes, and enjoy putting the effort into making my lunches for work.
>>What about music taste?
For work it's usually high energy so stuff like capsule or kyary is perfect. Classical would put me to sleep.
>>Is the rest of your home decked out to represent the frills in your heart?
Nah, I can't say that'd be the direction I'd want to go in with home decor, as much as I enjoy the fashion, it's not something I am particularly consumed with.

>> No.9182170

>>9182153
Well why can't I get a real answer to that question? Because you're of the crowd that doesn't care about silhouette? Or because you're tired of anons picking apart the petti aspect?

The debate exists for a reason.

>> No.9182190

>>9181937
My apartment is similar and I promise it's not disgusting. The main area and the bedroom are gothy and the office is kawaii. The cuteness has to be contained somewhere since we still collect anime figures, video game art, and other merch and it would look out of place anywhere else.

>> No.9182204

>>9182170
imo, there's no point in wearing a weak/deflated petti. You might as well not even be wearing one at all. Like, it just feels like the people who are doing that are treating lolita like some sort of arbitrary checklist instead of a fashion with a cohesive aesthetic.

If a coordinate hits on the rest of the aesthetic and lacks a petticoat, it can still be lolita.
If a coordinate hits on the silhouette but none of the aesthetic, it's not lolita.

So there's nothing wrong with going sans petticoat if the situation requires it since no petti shouldn't =/= not lolita if the rest of the coordinate is solid.

(desu, I think that carochan on fyeahlolita summed it up far better than I did. Her article about aesthetic vs silhouette was great.)

Again, I'm probably being nitpicky.

>> No.9182412

>>9182047
Because sometimes you want to wear your expensive dresses without feeling the need to go full out. Nobody said it's proper lolita, but sometimes you just wanna wear the pretty dress in a very simple way.

>> No.9182438

>>9182015
music recs? your taste sounds adorable!

>>9182142
any recommendations for a good small/weak petti? I would like to slowly start wearing lolita to work.

>>9182204
and does anyone have an examples of nice looking coords without pettis?

i just feel like my dresses look so sad without pettis. I'm sure some look okay, but the ones I have practically beg for poof. Or maybe i'm just being a tightass lol

>> No.9182712

>>9182438
music recs! i'll give you a list of a few really nice artists and link a song that i think makes for good first listening!

Chouchou (dreampop)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4txpRbDKs
Kero Kero Bonito (pop)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdrk-vCACI
Daoko (dreampop/rap)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcD1LcmxfA
Mili (pop)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mIUHWR6vIc
Asobi Seksu (dreampop/shoegaze)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJNsKqm1Xqc
Kinoko Teikoku (shoegaze)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ematpfq8hCw
Nicole Dollanganger (bedroom pop)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXaqMQasQL0

>> No.9182744

>>9181833
Have you never worn lolita yet? I think it's pretty easy to match your home with your style. Is there any particular theme or substyle you especially like? For example if you're really into sailor lolita, it's easy to find nautical decorations in normie stores. If you love fairytale or alice in wonderland prints, get some postcards of that from etsy or wherever and frame them. Bedsheets with ruffles can also be found in normie stores.

>> No.9182756

>>9182047
Lolita aesthetic is more than just a petti. I don't think a lolita coord is complete without a petti, however I'm not going to change my whole style just because something I wear to work doesn't fit in the 'lolita box' because of 1 element missing. Some dresses and skirts look fine without petti. Besides I don't want to waste money on a whole non-lolita wardrobe just because I can't always wear coords that don't break any rules.

>> No.9182765

>>9182204
I have some older moitie and IW skirts that ONLY look good with a thin petti

>> No.9182767

>>9182438
Dresses like Crystal Dream Carnival need a dress, but more casual dresses like AP's chiffon dresses (Sweetie Violet, Cream Cookie Collection, the cherry dresses) are fine without.

>> No.9182769

>>9182712
>kkb

My niggaaaaaaa, never seen them recommended before. Good taste.

>> No.9182780

>>9182744
Nope, and now at 25 is when I feel comfortable enough with my appearance that I really want to start. I'm a perfectionist so I'm just intimidated with getting itr RIGHT. I like classic and sweet a lot. I was told by a lifestyle lolita once that I met at school that classic would work for me because of my appearance and I've never forgotten that. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the advice. I don't know anyone irl at the moment who is into lolita so trying to get into it all by myself is pretty overwhelming and I don't see much lolita activity in my state online anywhere

>> No.9182797

>>9182712
Mili is so sweet, I can't get over how good this is. Thanks so much!!

>> No.9182811

>>9182769
thanks, you too! kkb's style is really feel-good, and i love the new stuff they've been releasing. their newest song Graduation is great and so so relatable

>>9182797
i'm glad you're liking them! the singer's voice is phenomenal and their songs have a good variety. i'm happy i could introduce them to you.

>> No.9182824

>>9181748
>Current substyle
Started out sweet-classic, meandering over to jewel-toned Classic and gothic
Every day unless I'm running late, staying at home, or running errands! I'll wear jeans and a t-shirt for grocery shopping, but if I go to uni in it, my friends will ask if I'm sick.
Ish? I like reading and period dramas, and I play tabletop RPGs. Vampire The Masquerade is very fitting, Dungeons and Dragons less so! I also play video games and read comics.
>What about music taste?
Again, ish? I like visual kei and classical music, anything which fuses rock and classical is my jam. I also like songs you can strut to, "Sissy That Walk" is excellent for strutting.
>Food too?
Not really! I like baking but don't do it often - I usually cook healthy food or just eat junk.
My bedroom is as shabby-chique as I can make it, with creams and dusty jewel tones, and dark brown accents. I have a tiny shrine to Mana in one of my bookshelves. The rest of the house is communal, so very normie, but I quite like my room.

>> No.9182830
File: 21 KB, 221x200, 1464561001291.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9182780
Its ok anon. Im also 25 and getting into the fashion. Its difficult being alone when trying to build a wardrobe and have fun and such when you feel like the only frilly one for miles. Join an online community, its fun and helps curb the feeling of aloneness.

>> No.9182839

>Current substyle
Sweet but I have a little bit of everything.
I try to wear it once or twice a week on the weekends mostly. I could probably get away with wearing it at work. However, i don't want to get it damaged or dirty.
Some, I guess?
>What about music taste?
I like a lot of different kinds of music.
>Food too?
I eat mostly everything.
>Is the rest of your home decked out to represent the frills in your heart? (Sweet lolitas in a j-pop culture cocoon, classic lolitas in a home better suited for a grandmother, goths in a coffin)
Not really. Mine is mainly a cross between nature themed and a witch's lair.

>> No.9182868

>>9182780
>>9182830
i also know these lonely feelers. live outside a metroplex but there don't seem to be any lolitas out here.

have most comms, online and local, moved to facebook? i don't really dig that platform, but if it's the only way then i'll join. the livejournal community feels a little stagnant but i may try there too. i just want friends ;_;

>> No.9182872

>>9182438
A lot of dresses and skirts do look bad without a petticoat. You have to find the right cut for it to work. Only ita's post pics without petti though so I don't have examples.

>> No.9182879

>>9182438
i feel like Kiss Me Cat and other empire waist dresses look okay without pettis because they maintain the silhouette by themselves, so maybe look into those kinds of cuts

>> No.9182885
File: 96 KB, 500x625, tumblr_nitz5lWG091rnv9mto1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9182872

>> No.9182887
File: 88 KB, 600x800, tumblr_n5l76xgmvI1s0s3nuo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9182885
or

>> No.9182890

>>9182830
I've always dressed more masculine even though I've always been attracted to everything hyperfeminine. Even putting on the slightest bit of make up makes me feel so horrible, so I think forcing myself into lolita finally will help out a lot. Do you have any comms you recommend?

>>9182868
I moved from Miami, FL (a huge city) to just outside of Nashville and I feel like there really is NO ONE around here so I feel like I missed my chance. There was a fb or tumblr group but it seems it died out a couple of years ago. All I want is friends too, especially ones I can learn from ;-;

>> No.9182901

>>9182885
i really love this, esp. her shoes and bag

>>9182890
i live in North Texas! one would think that there would be more activity in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but as far as I've seen it's dead. unless there's a group i don't know about which is totally possible because i'm a ditz.

i was inactive for a long while and have only really been expanding my wardrobe again within the past month or so. we could figure out some kind of contact if you wish! i have a pretty good sense of aesthetics to help out and i think it'd be fun.

>> No.9182908
File: 52 KB, 194x194, 1464108148649.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9181748
>Current substyle
I wear mostly classic with a little bit of sweet and gothic mixed in on occasion. A majority of my dresses are classic though.
I try to wear it at least once or twice a week. I definitely wouldn't call myself a lifestyle lolita.
Haha definitely not. I'm into cosplay, firearms and airsoft. None of them are very kawaii hobbies.
>What about music taste?
I listen to a lot of show tunes and I think some show tunes definitely have that lolita feel to them.
>Food too?
I drink tea in the mornings does that count?
I move too much to really decorate sadly but I dream of having a big house with a room dedicated to my lolita wardrobe. I would love to make it all decked out with cute things and have my favorite dresses on display. Maybe someday.

>> No.9182912

>>9182908
Oh I forgot to add I'm in Uni currently so I just wear it to class every now and then. Most of my coords are pretty simple but I wouldn't call them casual. I think they're fine to wear to class though. I'm a lifeguard part time so I definitely don't wear it to work haha

>> No.9182914

>>9182901
I'd love that!! I'm also REALLY into stationery and snail mail so thats another thing that might be fun. I've added my email address to the name field so you can contact me there if you'd like and we can figure it out!

>> No.9182938
File: 178 KB, 400x534, need.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9182914
dropped you a line!

>>9182908
you sound fun! sucks, moving really does put a damper on decorating. my room is okay right now but i'm moving in a year or so, so it feels a little futile until then. i want what you described so badly. pic related, a girl can dream

>>9182824
shabby chic a best. also...
>sissy that walk
...do you watch drag race too? it's my guilty pleasure

>> No.9182953

>>9182901
Metroplex Lolitas is the Facebook group for the Dallas and Fort Worth area.

>> No.9183263

>Current substyle
simple gothic, almost old school-ish, most of the time i wear AP casual items
Like some times a month for now, i'm trying to buy solid, polkadot or tartan items because i cannot wear printed items for daily. I wear lolita items (not full lolita) at uni.
Yes, my hobbies are just indoors. I can craft polymer clay jewellry, learning nail art, collecting kawaii items. I would love to collect dollhouse miniatures and Re-ment items, but i'm in a strict budget working only online.
>What about music taste?
I love everything that is electronic, fast or cool beats like japanese trance/psy trance, techno, drum'n'bass, house not a fan of bigroom/EBM music. I'm more an old style techno fan rather "new style EDM influenced".
I listen also to industrial music or metal mixed with electronic, synthpop, visual kei. Sometimes i find good lolita-esque music from the j-artists i listen, i'm not a fan of slow paced music or classic. I like also some artists that are lolita aesthetically like Kana, not all her songs by the way.
>Food too?
If i sell the furniture i have, i want to deck my room with a red/black/white palette with some pink, polkadot everything even the curtains, a bit retro. With some creepy cute items. Not a fan of these toddler style rooms with ponies and bears or of these spoopy rooms with no cuteness. I want a mix of cute and creepy in my room, hoping it won't look horrible.

>> No.9183267

>>9183263
Oops i forgot to reply to the food one: i love all these kawaii foods from japanese cafès and i would love to cook them. I love strawberry shortcake and swiss rolls as sweets.

>> No.9183326

>>9182712
>>9182769
Ayyy KKB bros
Also as something dreamy, OSTs from Bee and Puppycat are noice. Been listening Bee's Dream theme for the past hour making little pixel rooms

>> No.9183908

>>9182438
In terms of small pettis - bodyline is actually useful here for once.

>> No.9183935
File: 154 KB, 970x652, 1438612135642.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9184294

>>9181748
>>Current substyle
dark colors, style wise a mixture between classic, sweet and gothic
I wear lolita clothing pretty much every day, but not necessarily as a full lolita coord. I go full lolita about twice a week. Not working atm, and at uni nobody cares what I wear.
Some of them. I like drawing, reading, I enjoy tea and crafting, but I'm also big into music festivals and going out.
Meh, not really what you would call loliable. I listen to some 50ies tunes, classic music and instrumental metal, but the rest is mostly different variations of metal.
>>Food too?
I never thought of making my food go with my taste in fashion. Don't think I ever will.
I want my environment to be as fancy and cute as I am, but my decoration doesn't really match my wardrobe.

>> No.9184329

>>9182438
You can get generic leg avenue-esque pettis on ebay for $6

>> No.9184829

>>9183935
This always makes me wonder just how many lolitas have been posted on places such as "people of walmart"

>these are their stories...

>> No.9184832

>>9184829
Here's one.
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/eating-her-curds-and-whey/

>> No.9184955
File: 499 KB, 1000x1374, CEELSTIAAALLLL MAAAAAAAAGE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Discuss:
>Current substyle
Oldschool gothic
wear it daily, change after work
i go to alot of lan parties play tg games and alot of raves so not really
>What about music taste?
harsh noise and breakcore, some of the breakcore stuff has weeby themes so possibly tied in?
>Food too?
i eat a pretty much fruit and rice only diet, if i put in effort i can make my fruit look super pretty
i live in a one room apt its not veri rori

>> No.9185004

>>9182712
Oh I love kinoko teikoku too! Found them a while ago and still have to go through the rest of their discog. I'll check out some of the ones I haven't heard yet, I'm glad you didn't just say slowdrive lol.

>>Current substyle
Classic, oldschool (I also wear otome)
I wear feminine and vintage outfits pretty much all the time. Probably a toned down otome, leaning twee, as well as 'proper' otome. I wear lolita a few times a month depending on how busy I am and my outfits tend to be quite toned down. I don't wear wigs or circle lenses or anything but with lolita I feel my hair and makeup needs to be very polished, plus ironing the ruffles is a pain so I wear it less. I will often wear lolita blouses, cardigans, and jackets with other styles. My only umbrella right now is actually an AP parasol and my go-to jacket is IW, haha.
I like cooking, classic literature, history, music, hiking. I guess those seem pretty classic, huh? My taste in literature and music aren't really that lolita though, it's not like I exclusively read Austen.
I like folk, shoegaze, dream pop, post-punk, psychedelic rock, noise rock, etc. Classical would be more suitable if I was actually a 'lifestyler'. I've been listening to more late romantic and classical music but I'm not really knowledgeable about it.
>>Food too?
I prefer savory over sweet. I tend to like salty and sour things...
Well my room is! It's got a bit of that shabby chic vibe I guess, just a bit 'cleaner'. Bunting, floral quilts, baskets, flowers, classical art in nice frames. The rest of the house isn't really up to me.

Sorry for any typos or odd phrasing.

>> No.9185005

>>9185004
Sorry for the tldr, didn't realize how much I'd typed.

>> No.9185020

>>9181748
>Current substyle
Post old school and old school sweet
I'm currently doing nothing with my life but when I was at school I used to wear it almost every day. Now I don't even get out of pajamas every day but still trying to wear it when I leave house. Can't wait to be able to start uni and wear my frills more.
I'm miserable and don't have any real hobbies besides lolita. I do keep sometimes an eye on few horses and other one of them is miniature pony so atleast it's super cute. I also have two poodles to go walks with, would love to be in lolita while I do it but I can't go to the woods with heels and frills. I'm thinking about starting to do embroidery and learning to sew but that requires money.
>What about music taste?
I'm the most stereotypical lolita. I absolutely love Versailles and especially Kamijo. I also listen a lot Malice Mizer, D, Lareine etc. I'm too picky in Western music but I like a lot Rammstein, Oomph, Black Sabbath and Emigrate. Also Finnish rock and rap are close to my heart. I think the melancholic feeling was a part of the old school lolita and I definitely suit to that image I guess.
>Food too?
I don't mind too much sweets. A good piece of cake is fine sometimes but I usually prefer something salty. I also like pastas etc. messy foods so it doesn't go too well with lolita.
I have mostly white room with a hint of pastel pink and a few Riviera Maison furnitures so I would say yes. It's nothing crazy tho but I find it kinda cute and the decoration gives me a bit same kinda feeling I get from lolita.

>> No.9185031

>Current substyle
Gothic and classic in jewel tones.
I wear lolita a few times a month, for meets, any time I go out with (non-lolita) friends and basically any time I'm not working, but I have 5 jobs right now- the main one has a uniform, one is office wear (I wear some lolita blouses and some of my more otome styled pieces) and 3 I do from home early in the morning in my dressing gown or late at night wearing whatever I wore to work.
I don't have time for hobbies other than lolita right now. Does decorating my planner with kawaii and gothy stickers count?
>What about music taste?
I'm goth so my music taste fits nicely.
>Food too?
I barely manage to eat healthy food atm, let alone do baking and stuff but when I do get time I like to make Halloween theme biscuits.
I wish. My living situation isn't very adaptable right now but I do have a tonne of bat decorations and some antique furniture.

>> No.9185042

My dream of being with a cute pervy lifestyle lolita will never come true...
Am I the only one who thinks lolita fashion is sexy as hell?

>> No.9185050
File: 104 KB, 660x885, 1455808490902.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9185059

>>9185042
Yes. Go away.

>> No.9185071

>>9181748
>Current substyle
OTT Sweet/Classic, but I'm in the process of toning down.
I only wear full-on lolita to meetups, but I wear lolita accessories more often. I pair a purse or something with normie outfits, and use staples like my cardigans.
I'm a quilter, so I suppose so.
>What about music taste?
I listen to an embarrassing amount of K-Pop. IU and Orange Caramel's work are pretty loliable.
>Food too?
I follow mosogormuet on YouTube. Their polar bear vanilla-custard buns would be perfect to take to a potluck if they weren't so time-consuming.
My room's sort of shabby-chic Classic, but I have a few dedicated shelves and a weeb wall for all my j-culture stuff.

>> No.9185080

>>9185042
no sane lifestyler would let your grubby hands anywhere near her brand

>> No.9185094

>>9181748
>Current substyle
I wear mostly gothic, or at least exclusively black.
My current wardrobe is not large enough for me to realistically wear it every day, but I try to wear it once a week. No one really bats an eye when I wear it to uni, so that's nice.
I like the idea of certain activities making me feel more lolita but I could never let go of hobbies or tastes because they weren't "lolita" enough. Some things I do regularly that I think suit lolita are reading classic novels, drawing, writing/keeping a journal and making cosmetics. And while it's very subjective, being a proper student, taking elaborate notes and generally working hard for uni makes me feel more lolita too. When I'm in lolita I always end up going out of my way to do things that make me feel more lolita, like sitting down at a cute café for tea after classes. I also feel I subconsciously behave a little more "proper" and elegant? But even though I like the idea a lot, I don't think I could ever fully commit to it.
>What about music taste?
Nope. I mostly listen to folk punk, 90s emo and other things no one could ever call lolita.
>Food too?
I like going to restaurants alone for lunch and/or tea, which I especially like doing in lolita, but I wouldn't say I adjust my diet or anything.
I live in student housing. Everything is mostly very basic and cheap. I would like a few more elegant/rococo touches, but a lolita home is not a priority for me.

>> No.9185099

>>9185080
Funny thing is i could buy her new brand weekly, but im below average in looks and awkward so, fuck.

>> No.9185123

>>9185099
Doesn't matter if you're a disgusting creep.

>> No.9185130

>Current substyle

Sweet/Classic most of my coords are vintage/retro inspired.

Not enough. Last year I was dressing up at least once a week. I'mm going to start trying to do that again.

Sadly, Lolita kind of is my main hobby. I also enjoy looking for antiques for my house and vintage shopping.

>What about music taste?

Not Lolita related at all. All early 2000's emo and Pop punk for me.

>Food too?

I don't cook much and I'm super lactose intolerant so I can't really eat cute food/ sweets.

My Condo is a pastel dream land and retro themed. I still have a large hallway and a bath room to paint next summer. I prefer to not have a lot of decorations- less to clean. But having pastel walls makes me really happy. I'm trying to get as much antique furniture as possible. It has a ways to go, I didn't have much stuff when I moved in since my last place was tiny.

>> No.9185138

>>9185094
I totally get the studying part. If I wore lolita to school I think I'd feel the same exact way, forcing me to do better in my classes and maybe helping be adopt better habits and be more "elegant". Too late ;~;

>> No.9185150

>>9182712
>>9185004
Kinoko Teikoku is so lovely to listen to in bed in the dark. Both of your lists are great! A few months ago I found out about Frenesi and she has become one of my favorite artists, her music is really sweet. Here is one of my fave songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9HnBvdgHQ

I spiraled down after looking her up on Jpopsuki and also got really into Tentenko, Chocolatre, Serani Poji and then harafromhell and Tricot which sound nothing like the others. Sayonara Ponytail is also really great (they did the KLK ending for season 2). I think with the exception of hara and tricot all the other artists are pretty dreamy.

>> No.9185159

>>9185004
ah cool!! their album eureka is actually my favorite, so i recommend if you haven't listened yet!

otome is super cute, wish i could get into it more. wearing lolita on a regular basis really is a lot of work what with all of the maintenance and little elements of the dresses themselves. but def worth it in the end for that princessy feeling, i think!

>>9185150
wow!! i'm really happy to meet more people who like kinoko teikoku. Musician on their eureka album is my favorite song ever and kept me company during a lot of lonely time. looking into your recs, already really love the song you linked. dreamy breathy music a best

>> No.9185163

>>9182047
Sometimes I skip the petti because I work at a desk and sitting on one all day can be really uncomfortable. Thinner knew can be ok though

>> No.9185486 [DELETED] 

>>9183263
>I love everything that is electronic
I feel like this is almost non-existent in Lolita, even more with gothic as the preferred sub-style.

>trance
mah sister of african-american descent

>> No.9185491

>>9183263
>I love everything that is electronic
I feel like this is almost non-existent in Lolita, even more with gothic as the preferred sub-style.

>trance
>techno
>more an old style techno fan
mah sister of african-american descent

>> No.9185571

>>9185491
Unfortunately yes, there are so much electronic gothic artists like Blutengel that could fit the gothic aestethic, some also fit the gothic lolita feel like some visual kei artists that aren't rock or metal like Velvet Eden. I suppose "old school lolita related music" was more harsher and darker compared to the kawaii modern music that most lolitas listen nowadays. Compare old Kana music with Kyary, Kana is more punk-ier with a not really kawaii voice while Kyary more pop and sugary.
I live in Europe and here we have a big techno-trance culture since ages!I'm glad also in the US, espeicially in the afro-american culture there was techno or house music.

>> No.9185583

>>9181748
>>Current substyle
Classic and sweet mainly
I like to wear it out as often as possible barring work and chore days
I do crochet some and sing. I also write if that falls in line? But other than that I just love to read and play vidya
I love punk music, I love going to punk shows, but I also love Jpop, classical, "dad" rock, metal, electronic, and just about anything
>>Food too?
If only I was rich enough to afford to only live off of cute food
No I cant afford cute furniture, im excited I found some at goodwill at all. Nothing matches and right now I sleep on an air bed.

I honestly care more about spending money on my hobby's then I do my house decor.

>> No.9185602
File: 99 KB, 384x512, shooz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Current substyle
Mainly classic; sometimes sweet with an otome-kei lean.

It's been hot, so I've abandoned wearing lolita save for a few meets this summer, however, when the weather gets cooler, it's usually on weekends/days off. I've only worn lolita once or twice when I worked in retail where there wasn't a specific dress code or uniform.

Sort of? I like antiquing. Sadly, I don't draw or write as much as I used to.

>What about music taste?
I can't see my taste in music as very lolita. I like shoegaze, mathrock, surf-rock, lo-fi, dream-pop, deep house, and instrumental hip-hop.

>Food too?
I love food.

No, but my room is. Lots of stuffed animals, pictures related to lolita (like brand post cards and GLB posters) and a shelf for my shabby chic things. I wish my room was more cohesive though.

>>9185150
>>9185159
>>9185004
>>9182712

why, y'ello fellow shoegazeing lolitas

>> No.9185627

>>9182204
It affects it when you move though. With no petti at all your dress will cling to your legs, and, depending on the fabric, will not stick out away from your body at all like in the pic of Momoko. A weak petti prevents cling even if it doesn't add substantial poof.

>> No.9185657

>>9181748
>Current substyle
Mostly gothic, classic, oldschool, little bit of sweet, sailor and country. Less all-over the place than it sounds, since I wear a lot of solids.

I barely wore lolita this summer as I was living away from my wardrobe, but I'm back to wearing it a couple of times a week now and to meets once a month. I could technically wear lolita to my job because I work from home, but I end up wearing pyjamas. As an oldschoolfag, it makes me kind of sad that I mostly get dressed just to take photos in my room (I was naive when I started uni and thought I'd be able to wear lolita to class), but it's just not practical.

I'd say my interests are but my hobbies aren't. I love history, nature, fashion and gothic literature, but my way of affording lolita as a poorfag student who has to move every year was to drop every other hobby that cost money or took up space. I spend most off my free time cooking, messaging friends, watching documentaries or PC gaming. I sometimes read library books or visit museums too. I used to collect antique books, grow herbs and have even been known to knit and press flowers but I left all that behind when I moved out.

>What about music taste?
I really like goth music so I suppose that counts, but I hate most jpop and I listen to a lot of electronic music and 80s and 90s stuff.

>Food too?
Not at all. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and I cook a lot of spicy food. I suppose I make traditional Japanese food sometimes.

My room's as vintage as I could make it in rented accommodation. I've got some nice vintage bedspreads and some antique wooden furniture. I waited months for stuff that matched my aesthetic to pop up cheaply second-hand, since I knew I'd have to live with whatever I chose for a year and would regret buying mismatched junk.

>> No.9185665

>>9185627
I've never really had that issue except for on windy days or with clingy tights. Maybe I'm just lucky.

>> No.9186007

>>9181748
The woman on the right looks exhausted