[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 242 KB, 864x720, roriraugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9148971 No.9148971[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Share those lolita and cosplay related feels.

Previous thread >>9145593

>> No.9148980

They banned my favorite tea from lolita parties. It's the citrus green tea. Damn it.

>> No.9148986
File: 131 KB, 432x360, jeezjeezjeez.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>spend $300 on cosplay shit
>lose my job for scalding a customer

Ffffuuuuuu-- NOW HOW AM I GOING TO PAY FOR THIS??!

>> No.9148991

I want to kill myself but I don't know how best to do it.

>> No.9148998

>>9148991
Don't. Talk to someone.

Like us for example.

>> No.9149001

This bitch and her friends wont stop bullying my friend. My friend has cut them off and blocked them and made everything private but they still talk mad shit about my friend on /cgl/ but will never say anything to my friend's face. Really want to beat the hell out of them...

>> No.9149009

>>9148991
Like >>9148998 said, we're here and we can listen

Now to my story
>Be me
>just getting into lolita
>moving to new town
>will be rooming with a friend of an acquaintance
>start messaging each other to skip awkward phase
>goes well, until she just goes silent for a month
>I'm not too pushy about it because fear of pushing her away and all that
>tonight I got a message from her out of the blue telling me to be prepared to have a lot of tea parties with "fancy frilly dresses"
>turns out she spent the month debating telling me about her being a lolita
>she wants to dress me up in her dresses, drink tea, and eat pastries because there is no comm here
>is life finally looking up for me?
feels good I think

>> No.9149021

>>9148998
I already talked to a lot of people and I still wake up feeling like somebody's cemented me into my bed overnight. I know it's just an illness but all I can think about is how much I want everything to stop.

>> No.9149043

>>9149021
I feel kinda same anon, my life is pathetic piece of crap and not moving anywhere. I'm not able to help that otherwise than wait atm but I know it's going to be more pathetic rambling and feilures in the future if I try to do something productive. I feel completely useless lazy ass fucker and want this to be over. But I know my family would be so hurt so I just have to try and keep my ass alive I guess.

>> No.9149081

>managed to convince myself that my ex is going to try to stab me to death
>know it's paranoia, but can't make it stop
>probably will skip my yearly con because he'll be there

Had a cosplay planned and everything.

>> No.9149092

>>9149001
Where you're from anon?

>> No.9149095 [DELETED] 
File: 668 KB, 1000x1000, 1454954945057.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is my bf so much stronger than me? We both go to the gym together but he always laughs at me because of the tiny weights I use.
Why can't women develop muscles at the same rate as guys, it is just not fair.

>> No.9149096

>>9148980
why is it banned?

>> No.9149098

>>9149095
Testosterone...

>> No.9149102 [DELETED] 

>>9149095
>>9149098
>bf tells me women in the marines failed pull-up test
>think how hard can it be
>go with him to the gym
>can't even do two full pulls
I'm only about 130lbs but can't do pull-ups. Bf has no problems with them...

>> No.9149104

>>9149095
>what is
>testosterone

>> No.9149106
File: 438 KB, 695x390, 1466934135765.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw post a fashion selfie and person tags it as beautiful
>tfw it's your half-brothers bisexual girlfriend though who already confessed she thought you were attractive

>> No.9149143
File: 27 KB, 500x281, 3485297_1394970011324.57res_500_281.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Happy feels
>Be lolita
>Have this dress idea
>Go to fabric shop
>None of the fabrics catch my eye
>Go through fabric boxes (they have differend fabrics pieces unsorted and cost by weight)
>Find this beautiful flower print...
>...but it's only half meter piece
>Keep searching through the boxes
>Almost lose hope and thinking of giving up
>Then I find the same flower print on differend box
>And it's enough for my dress
>I will get my dress done
>Feels good man

>> No.9149168

>>9149021
If you're on hormonal birth control, try getting off it. It has made a world of difference for me. I went from barely being able to get out of bed and face my literally constant suicidal ideation to having moderate depressive episodes maybe once or twice a month?

Start seeing someone, if you can. If you are low income or are a student, you should be able to find therapy for very cheap, like maybe 10$ per session. Start working out and eating better, if you don't already. I know a lot of people don't like to be told that, but it will improve your mood. And finally, find something to love. As lame as it sounds, video games have genuinely helped me overcome some of my worst depression. And I wasn't into games before. I couldnt find the drive for any of my other hobbies and gave gaming a shot and it helped.

Good luck, anon. I understand that it's hard, but you're still here. Why not try fighting just a little harder for a little longer?

>> No.9149231

>>9149168
Thank you for your support anon. I'm not currently seeing a therapist, but I've been in an out of therapy for the last six years and my experience has been that therapy is only useful for me when I have a specific issue I want to talk out and develop some coping strategies for, not anything this general. I have a job I love, I work out reasonably regularly and cook good clean meals at home all the time, but sometimes things just happen that I can't cope with. I recently found out that my ex-girlfriend tried to kill herself because of things that my friends said to her after we broke up, and I started feeling like I couldn't live with the guilt and the knowledge of how much I hurt her, then my boyfriend was a huge dick right when I was already struggling with that (told me I deserved the experience I've had with abuse because 'I'm pushy when i'm drunk' :^)) and it's just all gotten a bit too much for me. I feel like I can't coexist with other people, either I hurt them or they hurt me. The only people I can make happy are children.

>> No.9149281

>D.va gets a meme emote
>see people complain why she's eating "white people" food

That's it guys. I'm done. The worst part is that if she'd been eating ramen people would just call that racist as well.

I'm so sick of being unable to not see people claim racism or "problematic" behavior no matter where I go.

>> No.9149284

>>9149281
...what?
I don't play overwatch but D.va looked pretty white to me. Why is she not allowed to eat "white people food"?
AND WHY DO PEOPLE CARE WHAT VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS EAT?

>> No.9149331

>>9149284
She's Korean so it's"ethnic erasure" or some such nonsense.
The usual outrage factories are buttmad a popular game actually has a pretty diverse group of characters, so they really gotta dig to find something "problematic" to complain about.

>> No.9149345
File: 488 KB, 432x540, suffering.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw taking a sick day to go to 6pm wedding (because fuck public transit and rushing and the hour commute)

>tfw gonna spend the free time of day sewing /cgl/ related cute shit

>tfw boss knows but I still need to call in

Why is it so anxiety/guilt-inducing? I never take a sick day or am late. It's that 1 minute of awkward calling that I can't deal with.

>> No.9149347

>>9149281
>because potato chips and soda pop aren't sold literally everywhere worldwide
>it is based off of the gremlin dva joke people its a joke its a joke

what the fuck internet

>> No.9149353

>>9149331
Can't believe people have literally no other problem in their life so they complain about this.

>> No.9149408

>>9149345
Can you say you lost your voice and email or text only instead?

>> No.9149426

>>9149284
Don't worry, if it's that I see people complain their favorite gay pairing didn't become canon and blame it on "heteronormativity" because in surprising news, the world is mostly straight.

Which reminds me
>see people complain that cis/straight/white people write queer or POC stuff it's not REALLY good enough
>see them talk how only queer/POC people can write that stuff in a good way

Look I even get what they mean here, you write better when you experienced it yourself but holy shit I can't take it. They keep whining about the most petty fucking shit, how every gay couple in media is sexualized for straight people (this coming from people who themselves are all into the yaoiz)

Sorry for the long post, I'm probably overreacting but I'm just so sick of the whining.

>> No.9149451

I'm the anon that posted a couple threads back about my dad having pancreatic cancer. Went to visit my parents after I got back from Otakon and he told me that the doctors his most recent visit told him he's in remission.

I am honestly overwhelmed with how happy I am for him and the entire family! The chances of this happening were literally single digit percentages, and I am so happy!!!! Thank you to everyone who said kind things!

>> No.9149456

>>9149451
So happy to hear that anon! I hope your dad will keep on getting better!

>> No.9149459
File: 234 KB, 500x350, tumblr_static_br08svsborkg8sk8gg400c448.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw 60% off coupon for JoAnn's via text.

>> No.9149461

I just tried to call out my uncle on using his father-in-law's credit without informed consent to buy a $26,000 broken down RV, one week after his father-in-law bailed him out of $12,000 of credit card debt. He called me a hypocrite for using my parents' money to buy lolita and accused me of leeching off of them. Pointed out that I'm an adult spending the money I earned myself. Then he whined that I can't prove it so now he thinks he won. This isn't the first time my relatives have made jabs at me for my lolita spending but hearing it from this guy in particular is just hysterical.

>> No.9149465
File: 197 KB, 545x513, 1450622959236.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9149451
I'm so glad Anon for your family and you!

Happy stuff
>was in a really bad rut
>gained a shit ton of weight
>was single for years and too scared to meet anyone
>thought I would stop cosplaying
>contemplated suicide
>got sudden motivation at my lowest point
>pass few months been going to the gym and seeing alot of progress and lost all the weight
>working on cosplay again
>getting in touch of friends I didn't talk to due to depression
>going to a con soon and it's going to be a date with this guy I'm interested in from uni

life is good

>> No.9149470
File: 34 KB, 375x500, fb5e5999da627bcb535ac779664c4b45[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>about to make a fucking gown out of denim
>I needed a tricky shade of blue (therefore not easy to dye) and the colour was only readily available in denim
>forgive me for my sins /cgl/

If it *really* doesn't work, I'll bite and try dying some linen.

>> No.9149478

>>9149102
Testosterone. Also, you can get way stronger if you try. Practice pull-ups and do more upper body work if that's what you want. If you can't do many pull-ups, you WILL progress quickly from doing them several times a week. I went from only doing 4 body weight pull-ups to being able to do 6 with a 25 lbs weight added in 5ish months (and I am 103lbs). I can do at least 15 with just body weight. Just like weight loss for a fat person, muscle gain slows down a lot after you've been doing it for a while. Right now, you can make huge gains.

If you want to be strong, you can do it, Anon. In things like pull-ups, I beat my BF every time, even though we started together at the gym. Pullups are easier for lighter people, I think, so if your BF weighs a lot more than you, you might have an advantage.

>> No.9149522

>>9149106
iktf sort of
>tfw fiancé's lesbian sister and her girlfriend are just a liiiitle too complimentary whenever I wear lolita around them
>tfw they've tried getting me to cosplay an anime character that I later found out is highly sexualized by fandom
nope nope nope

>> No.9149537
File: 1.29 MB, 400x225, 1435077658594.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9149478
Thanks for the kind words and encouragment.
I see testosterone being thrown a lot. How much of a difference does it really make? How does it affect guys/what does it enable them to do?

>> No.9149553

>>9149470
Why would it be hard to dye? Denim will be waaaaay too heavy and the texture will be awful. Wtf are you doing?

>> No.9149575

>>9148991
Check yourself in if you need to. Don't kill yourself.
>>9148971
>psychotic motherfucker since childhood
>have major dissociative issues
>have had large wardrobe items go missing to discover they've been sold and don't remember selling or shipping them
>also had huge amounts of money spent on stuff that I don't remember spending
>recently sold an item that had a lot of sentimental value and shipped it and I don't remember it at all

>> No.9149579

>meet girl, like girl, start dating girl
>she was hiding her lolita from me for months
>inevitably stumble across it
>don't want to impede her hobbies so come to /cgl/ for etiquette on how to support her
>it mostly works but we end up breaking up for other reasons
>lurk in /cgl/ for years with no purpose, just looking at good and bad cosplay threads, reading drama

Feels awkward man.

>> No.9149581
File: 82 KB, 640x480, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> help friends run artist alley & dealers tables at cons
> be nice to everyone because of customer service experience
> friends tell me later guys are always coming back asking for me
> at least one guy finds my Facebook and adds me after cons
> "anon you're so nice please go out with me"
> mfw I'm already dating someone and have been for the past few years
> mfw it's always socially awkward and not very attractive dudes
> mfw I already put up with this shit at my retail job from guys 20+ years older than me
I'm flattered that people think I'm really nice but that's just part of the job.

>> No.9149601

>>9149537
More testosterone = more bone mass, more muscle growth, more body hair, higher libido, and so on. Most males have more testosterone than most females (though some people have high or low test levels). I know at least some steroids that bodybuilders take boost your testosterone levels which leads to rapid muscle growth.

Since men have higher test levels, they can build muscle and strength faster than women. Men are also naturally leaner than women, so they are healthier at a lower bf% (their essential bf% is lower) than women and have more muscle mass compared to fat.

I'm no expert though, so I would look it up on google and find some reputable articles if you're really interested!

>> No.9149628

>>9149601
Thanks anon, you have been very helpful!

>> No.9149767
File: 846 KB, 800x1000, whygod.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mock up looks perfect
>real deal a shit
>literally how

>> No.9149769

>>9149470
>jown

>> No.9149776

I'm half Korean and half white. Just received a self-righteous lecture from a black person about how I am nothing better than a dumpster fire if I cosplay D.Va because my appearance "leans white."

> tfw this person reblogged a photoset of a 100% African American girl cosplaying D.va and praised her endlessly in the tags

Black people, please come take out the trash instead of constantly excusing the SJW wing of your community.

>> No.9149788
File: 37 KB, 600x600, 1413688109889.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9149776
>I'm half Korean and half white

I can only become so erect, anon.

>> No.9149790

>>9149788
Koreans are the ugliest of all the East Asians desu. It's why plastic surgery is so prominent there.

>> No.9149812

>see post about Kate for the first time in forever
>instantly reminded of the poop story

I still can't stop laughing at the fact that people call her poop girl. It gets me every single time.

>> No.9149862

Ok gulls i have a little problem with this girl and i'm not so sure what to do
>meet this one lone lolita
>it's ok she seems nice let me try on her clothes
>is real cute to me, comment cute things on my fb and like my stuff
>all of a sudden she stops commenting or liking
>whathaveidone.jpg
>see her in real life she's nice to me, normal
>notices that she likes a comment or two on my statuses but never like the status itself
>talk to her to see how she's doing
>she answers shortly but nicely, no problems
Does she low key dislike me or something?

>> No.9149868

>>9149862
It's Facebook. You sound like you're getting paranoid over nothing. If she's nice to you in person, I'm sure everything is fine

>> No.9149873

>>9149868
yeaah i probably am that was my first guess.I tend to stress about little things too much and have this stupid fear of being hated or causing drama

>> No.9149882

>>9149862
I err... may have been in that girl's shoes before. She could be feeling self-conscious about coming on too strong initially. In any case, if you get along offline, I wouldn't worry about it.

>> No.9149889

>>9149882
Aw man, that's cute. I can understand that, but really it's me being too anxious

>> No.9149911

>>9149231
What's the longest you've ever seen a therapist? The thing with therapy, you have to keep going regularly to see real positives in that general way. One of the hardest things about diagnosing mental health problems is that sufferers won't keep attending therapy long enough to properly diagnosed or get any long term benefits. Like you've been doing, they get the toolset they need right that moment and then stop going. If you haven't tried sticking with it for more than a couple months or so, maybe give it another shot.

I understand that overwhelming guilt. I still consider killing myself for hurting a partner over half a decade ago sometimes because I'm so disgusted with what I did. I hope you can overcome that feeling, anon. She's still around. She's probably doing okay and has moved on with her life. It's okay for you to do so, too, once you've processed this new information.

We're all bound to hurt and be hurt by one another. That's just a fact of life. All you can do is try to minimize it, apologize and make amends when possible, and keep moving. Sounds kind of bleak maybe, but know that you'r'e not alone in feeling that way. You sound a lot like me, honestly, and if that's the case, you're probably way harder on yourself for the perceived hurt you cause others than anyone else actually feels it.

And that's a shitty thing for your boyfriend to say. No one deserve to be abused, least of all for having their personality change a bit when intoxicated. If this is typical of his personality and treatment of you and your problems, I'd recommend reassessing that relationship.

It's going to be okay. Please keep going.

>> No.9150012 [DELETED] 

>>9148991
you can inject a syringe full of gasoline and kill yourself for about $2.50, it's painless (mostly).

>> No.9150030

I'm taking a solo vacation to universal Orlando next month. On one hand I'm an introvert so I don't mind going alone but on the other I really want another lolita to hang with so I don't stand out.

>> No.9150088
File: 448 KB, 705x705, beej.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw the fatty-chan who had a <3 attack returned to the comm
>already 20 pounds gone

I'm glad she didn't die!

>> No.9150094

>>9149812
>instantly reminded of the poop story
I am put off and intrigued at the same time.

>> No.9150097

>>9149911
Nah, it's not typical behaviour for him, we've spoken about it now and he seems to get why that wasn't an okay thing to say and has apologized. It's got me feeling a lot better.

As for long-term therapy, I jsut feel like I don't want to be diagnosed with any more problems. I had DID and beat that. I had BDD and beat that. Haven't been able to shake the anxiety but at least I'm medicated for it. Can't I just be a normie now? I know it's a childish attitude but I don't want to be diagnosed with anything else, I just want to get on with my life and help teenagers with mental illness like I had.

>> No.9150224

>>9150094
>someone posts greentext story about "lol I heard someone at a meetup do a nasty poop and it was girlyhoot"
>majority of responses tell anon to stop being so immature because everybody poops
>girlyhoot creates LACE
>claims it's (at least in part) because she has been bullied by an evil lolita who heard her poop and posted about it on the evil bully site that is 4chan
>thereby confirming the story and calling attention to it again even though everyone else had forgotten about it or didn't believe anon in the first place
>LACE LACE LACE LACE LACE

>> No.9150232
File: 68 KB, 556x606, baka.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my boyfriend is autistic when it comes to cosplay ideas and how to act at cons.

>while at raves he rocks his head so much to the point he once fell over
>cosplayed as sans and wore a denim jacket instead of buying a cheap blue jacket wore blue jeans and normal tennie shoes
>wants to cosplay as "team instinct sans" from undertale
>does not get a hint of when to leave others alone
>all around a uncoordinated shithead when it comes to dancing and raving

i'm really embarrassed to be around him at cons and even more when i cosplay.
i really love him but at cons hes a different person who i can't fucking stand

>> No.9150234

>>9149284
>looked pretty white to me
How?!! She looks Asian to me. You must also think Jubilee from the X-Men looks White then.

>> No.9150235
File: 131 KB, 410x410, Shannon-Williams-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9149788
That combination does make some 10/10 beauties indeed.

>> No.9150239
File: 23 KB, 475x478, totally not white.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9150234
calm down tumblr and take another look.
OH WOW SO ASIAN LOOKING

>> No.9150244

>>9150239
Looks Asian to me, yes. What's the problem?

>> No.9150245
File: 42 KB, 584x435, jubilee-4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9150239
Look, same difference.

>> No.9150247

>>9150239
>>9150244
She looks post-plastic surgery Korean or mixed, not like a regular Korean girl.

>> No.9150254 [DELETED] 

>>9150247
1) She's a stylished cartoony 3D model, and I think you're confusing some of the art style deformations with actual features.
2) She's suppose to look like an idol, so of course she has that above average beauty.

So nope, not like your average Korean girl, but Tracer and Mercy aren't average White girls either in that sense. That's what's marketing is all about after all.

>> No.9150262

>>9150247
OK but then you still admit she looks Korean, which is my point. She looks dominantly Asian. Overwatch has this cartoony art style but especially if you place her next to White characters like Tracer and Mercy, you can see that D.Va's features are Asian based. It's just deformed, since well, cartoon characters are always deformed. And when it comes to real life, post-plastic surgery Koreans still look dominantly Asian too. You can't look at a k-pop idol and mistake that for a White person. Mixed Koreans generally look Korean too.

>> No.9150276

>>9149470
chambray man. you can get the denim color, but have it be light weight.

If it's the color like in pic, it's tinted.

>> No.9150279

>be a brolita
>in a relationship with an older woman
>she's the breadwinner
>she makes more than enough so I'm a homemaker
>get an allowance where I can buy 2 brand dresses a month
>talk to her about wanting to work
>she says I shouldn't since she provides more than enough
>she might be right I do love wearing frilly dresses. I'm a lifestyle lolita
>she loves my cooking
>she fulfills my sexual needs
>she loves me

The whole idea of a male housewife makes me want to clutch my pearls. I'm happy what I'm doing, but it's the norm for the guy to be working. Being a lone lolita, should I contact my local comm? Maybe I need to make friends in this fashion.

>> No.9150284
File: 228 KB, 661x1024, 5000221248_ec8db9c081_b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9150244
>>9150262
Yeah she looks very korean. Especially her slit eyes stand out, a dominant korean feature.

>> No.9150285

>>9150279
>but it's the norm for the guy to be working

Going to work is the least of your normalcy issues with the life you described lad

>> No.9150287

>>9150279
No one cares.

>>>/cuck/
>>>/closetfag/
>>>/r9k/

>> No.9150296
File: 2.06 MB, 7560x6416, Sinclair.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

f you want feels, prepare to drown n your own tears

>> No.9150316
File: 212 KB, 348x334, Capture11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9150296
>mfw reading this fake shit

>> No.9150331
File: 303 KB, 384x326, dont eat ass.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9150296
>>9150316
>tfw you know it's fake but it still makes you miss having a pretty lolita gf who worshipped you

>> No.9150340

>had to introduce myself in my classes
>mentioned I was a cosplayer
>everyone was really interested about the process and excited
I don't know, feels good man. I remember a few years back when I was a teenager and too terrified to even go to cons because I was afraid of what people would say and now I'm so glad that I finally decided to just go for it.

>> No.9150349
File: 46 KB, 512x384, 5f897db6c655c70ada569639610ed979327c0bdd9c58834bc05b1fd970d7ba20.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9150296

>> No.9150487
File: 547 KB, 790x720, 1458231266638.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Person adds my dream dress to her sales album
>comment on it
>no reaction
>pm her
>no reaction
>comment on my comment
>no reaction
>person happily posts on facebook

This is making me angy. Like, just tell me you don't wanna sell it to me so I stop checking my fb everyday.

>> No.9150508
File: 147 KB, 602x514, rindiarrhea.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9150224

>> No.9150526

>>9150487
I don't want to sell it to you.
I feel like I can get better offers elsewhere, but I'm keeping you around as a safety net in case I can't.

>> No.9150539

>>9150526
C'mon stop baiting.

>> No.9150546
File: 45 KB, 620x349, 5-5494-19395-shot0013jpg-620x.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be ok-tier sewer
>Visit lolita sewing group
>See this skirt by "veteran" (in sewing lvl)
>All wonky
>Same person have one other piece
>Badly sewn
>...
>If this is veteran I must be sewing God

>> No.9150682

What's the proper way to compliment a lolita?

Last time, I said "Nice loli!" and she looked confused.

>> No.9150701

>>9150546
I saw this too. I made a better looking fleece hoodie in 5th or 6th grade in school. And another in 7th.

>> No.9150703

>>9150682
"I like your dress/outfit."
Lolis are a whole different thing. And it sounds dumb, like, "Nice Goth!", "Nice Steampunk!"

>> No.9150706

>>9150682
"Nice coord", "I love lolita fashion, you look great!", "I like your outfit/dress", the options are endless. "Nice loli" is not one of them, though.

>> No.9150728

I think I finally found the perfect cotton for lolita after years of looking. even though I ordered it from overseas (US>EU), I think it will be worth it. finally I can make a decent OP and basic blouses without the crap quality.

>> No.9150752

Fought with my boyfriend as I decided to not finish a new cosplay with him for an upcoming con. I feel really mentally unstable to continue further due to recent issues (long story short, went through a bad year in a foreign country by myself in order to finish my final year, good news is that I successfully graduated) I finished one new cosplay already & I think I deserve a break. He was mad because he has been busy working all these while & he really wants to finish the costume together. As much as I feel bad, I am really not in the mood to deal with that... He asked me to 'get over it', but it's not that easy really...

>> No.9150757

>>9150526
I feel like this could be an answer to why they aren't responding to you anon. Maybe she wants to test the waters and see if she can get a better offer. Or do you have a history of being a difficult buyer? I always side sweep my one friend who tries to inquire about my sales because she's flaked on me before, takes a long time to finish her payment plans, and has been caught reselling at a markup. I don't have the heart to tell her she's actually on my black list.

>> No.9150773

>>9150757
I don't know, I didn't offer her anything, I basically want to pay the price she listed and I have a reputation of being a good buyer and even better seller(cause that's really important to me).
I actually suspect that she sold it to someone from her country who asked after I did and now doesn't want to tell me she just preferred her people. That might be some ridiculous suspicion, but I follow her for some time now and she seems to be from a "birds of the same feather flock together" country.

>> No.9150804

>>9150773
Oh, that does sound like a possibility as well. Don't take it personally anon, selling in person is easier and faster. But I still think it's fucked up that she could tell you she preferred local buyers or that locals have first dibs. I'm sorry this happened to you, especially because it was your dream dress. I'm looking on online sales rn, I'd be happy to keep an eye out for you if you'd like!

>> No.9150942

>>9150279
Don't worry, I support you.

>> No.9150982
File: 90 KB, 618x800, original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9150284
>What is stylized eyes?
>Korean looking means looking like the western stereotype of Asian, duh.

Who is this White girl anyway? What she's Korean? Now way! She looks sooooo White, I would have never guessed she had a drop of Asian in her, let alone be 100% Asian.. What a trap! Damn those Asians and their plastic surgery, you just can't recognize them anymore!

>> No.9151013

>>9150296
this story is so fake like the Baby lolita one and the namedropping made me cringe.
But for some reason i enjoy reading these sweet lolita stories, I enjoyed the Baby one actually. Just wish we weren't always portrayed as crazies but i guess that's what makes it fun.

>> No.9151047
File: 2.93 MB, 344x261, 1355531522898.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just a stupid rant about work:

My boyfriend and I have been taking cosplay commissions for a living for the past year. It's nice to get to stay at home and work with him, but it's really starting to fuck with me. Once in a while I only work for an hour or two, but I pull an all-nighter almost every week (I have trouble sleeping sometimes, so I figure I should work rather than just lay in bed thinking about how I could be working).

Because we're willing to put in so many hours into work and don't have much time to spend the profit, we've gotten used to saving quite a bit. It might not be a lot for those of you with professional careers, but we probably doubled our household income since starting our own business. We're going to try to buy a house in the next two years, so we don't ever touch our savings.

I'm burning out. My boyfriend isn't tired of the business at all, but he does stuff like cutting out my patterns, packaging, answering emails, etc while I am the one making the blueprints, assembling the pieces, sewing, and so on.

I really just want to work on my own cosplays, but the materials I want are a bit pricey, and then we have to pay for the con expenses. There isn't enough time in the day, and if I don't work, neither of us will make money. Boo hoo...

>> No.9151101
File: 66 KB, 537x468, 1382397232234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tfw some tumblr tard reblogs your sweet coord and tags it as classic

>> No.9151148
File: 499 KB, 500x281, 1452985921044.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm heartbroken.
I had a shit week at work. To brighten up my mood on my day off I decided to make myself look cute as I stayed at home. My sailor cutsew and a pair of bloomers, because comfy and cute. Usually it's only jeans and tee for me,so being kawaii felt awesome. My boyfriend came home from work and everything seemed fine. After a while he blantatly asked me if my outfit has something to do with ageplay or if this would be a sexual thing. I have never been more baffled before and laughed it off. But now I simply can't stop crying. This hit me hard.
We are together since 5 years and I'm in lolita for 4 years. He didn't knew that I simply like cute clothes and hate everthing that sexualises children in any way. Even though I told him both more than often. We had one guy in our circle of friends who is a ageplayer and I told him that it disgusts me. The longer I think about it the more it hurts. He was never too fond of my dresses, but went out with me wearing Lolita. I thought it was okay for him. Obviously it's not. It's really hurts. For now I just want to get rid of all my lolita stuff but at the same time I know it would me make even sadder, because I love it so much. All of my life I've been Miss potato sack and I'm so sick of it. I just wanted to be cute and look nice. It hurts.
Sorry for shitty english, I'm upset right now.

>> No.9151213

>>9150728
What kind of cotton?

>> No.9151259

>meet girl at con
>hang out couple times
>ask her out
>rejected

Should have stuck to beta orbiting instead of being an awkward idiot. Spend Friday night fapping to NTR hentai while Chad pounds her holes

>> No.9151294

>>9151148
Aw anon i am sorry i know how it feels having your special someone not liking lolita. I hope you can have an open talk with him about how it kinda hurted your feelings and tell him what lolita means to you,... I know that feel of wanting to sell all your lolita,which i did and deeply regretted (but i am back stronger than before). Don't. If something makes you happy, and doesn't hurt people if possible, do it.
If you feel pretty in it you are pretty in it.

>> No.9151309

>sometime around last year, for whatever raeson, guys start finding me attractive
>okay, cool, whatever
>get more attention at cons
>somehow end up with two guys interested in me, one that I met at a con through another friend and the other a fellow artist
>both become my friends
>have more in common with one but more attracted to the other
>feel bad no matter what I do, even if I'm just being nice
I liked it better when people thought I was ugly.

>> No.9151351

>>9150682
Nice loli.

Good loli.

*pet pet pet*

>> No.9151407
File: 110 KB, 500x500, 7563ee8c2f5f85b062ae6574bf08f387.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>eyeing a bag for two or three months
>decide to buy it today
>open mercari listing and try to add it to my FJ cart
>FJ says it's sold out
>F5 mercari
>now it's sold out
>someone bought the bag seconds before I wanted to buy it even though it's been up for months
2 spooped 2 be sad

>> No.9151495
File: 10 KB, 500x710, 12ce6ce0eb4bacad8c8d7d3036b74983.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>chronic migraines make me too stupid to work
>can't afford cons or brand
>have to take out big loan for school
>feel guilt over spending any money on non-essential items
>feel massive guilt for spending any "okay" time on anything besides working for money
>tfw i am an invalid invalid

>> No.9151515

>>9150982
>asians get surgery to look like whites
???

>> No.9151517 [DELETED] 

>>9151515
that's usually only koreans

then again koreans look like shit anyway

>> No.9151519

>>9151259
I probably did that girl. How do you feel knowing that I fucked your crush?

>> No.9151522

>>9151309
>oh no i am too attractive for my own good
>wish i was just uggo
Fuck you and bitches like you who act like this. You have no odea what it feels like to be ignored by guys your entire life.

>> No.9151525 [DELETED] 

>>9151522
and you have no idea how it feels to be harassed by them flirting with you your entire life

>> No.9151530
File: 236 KB, 480x360, vlcsnap-2013-09-27-03h09m29s199_zps401a6290.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw the usual cosplay friend I go to the con with is going with a group of her friends
>tfw drifting apart
>tfw I have no close friend to cosplay with
>tfw no Sakura to my Tomoyo, etc.

Of course I'll see her, but I wish I had that one friend I could pair up with.

>> No.9151544

>>9151213
cotton twill in black from fabrics.com

>> No.9151571

>>9151519
i hope you creamed all her holes and took pics of her ahegao face after you were done with her just like the hentais. then send some of those pics my way so at least i get something out of being an idiot

>> No.9151654

>>9151571
Sorry brah, I came on her face because I love how degrading that is for the girl.

>> No.9151666
File: 116 KB, 401x299, 468685.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Con in a couple weeks
>Character has a hair color that is hard to pinpoint
>Order a wig months in advance
>Wig arrives, the color is perfect but it's too short and therefore puts the whole balance of the cosplay off
>Find another wig to order
>The second wig arrives: it has the perfect length, but the color is a bit off and now the balance of the cosplay is off again
>No time to order a third one
>I have to choose between a perfect color and a perfect length

>> No.9151673

>>9151294
Thanks for kind words. I should try tell him, but I fear it will only make it worse. He simply doesn't like it. It scares me to think he will never get it or even reject it deep inside. Just thinking about it makes me cry again. I want to be pretty.

>> No.9151677

>>9151666
It's not Chiaki from DR2 is it? I never know what colour her hair is.

Also nice demonic trips

>> No.9151690
File: 12 KB, 250x250, 1381807631731.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy contacts off site I used years ago
>shipping should come just in time, items I brought said they should ship withing 24 hours
>go through check out and it never brings up pp screen
>whatever I've ordered from them before maybe it remembered my pp
>check pp, no transaction
>decide it probably charged my dad as when i last used the site I was like 16, so that would make sense
>tell dad to tell me the amount because it was in a different currency and I'd just give him the cash
>he says okay but never gets around to checking
>5 days later
>check status
>still pending?
>there is a paypal button
>turns out it took me through the entire transaction without showing a payment window because I had to pay after the order was confirmed I'm guessing
>Now I will be lucky if it's here in time"
feels bad man

>> No.9151698

>>9151677
Nah, it's a character from an older series from the nineties.
Also damn, didn't even notice the satanic trips. They fit my mood tho.

>> No.9151699

>>9151673
He doesn't have to like it but he should respect your love for it and accept it, at the very least. Does he know his comments offended you? Maybe start with that, tell him how his words made you feel. It's possible he didn't even realize he hurt you and will understand his mistake when you talk to him.

>> No.9151704
File: 497 KB, 500x376, cease.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>exams results have been pretty good
>treat self to lolita haul for my birthday
>summer exams coming up
>going to post office to post lolita sales
>car mounts pavement and knocks me over
>not bad but go to hospital just in case cause I have bleeding condition + banged head
>go to exams two days later, have been having bad migraines
>nose starts bleeding and throw up, have to be taken to medical centre - sick for days and huge bruises everywhere
>university says I'll be put on year of leave if I failed any of my exams even while in that state, just came back from year of leave
>feel like I can't deserve any of those things i just got for my birthday
>hopelessandaimless.jpg

Sorry to anyone who received their post late.

>> No.9151711

>>9151673
My ex was like that, and very unsupportive of most of my hobbies and interests in general. Needless to say I kicked him yo the curb and am much happier for it.

>> No.9151735

>>9150097
Anon, anxiety and depression are more normal than you think. Like the other anon said, therapy only works if you regularly attend it, even if it's just to complain about stupid customers at work, but it's there as a preventative measure, and like you said, to teach you coping mechanisms. The thing with your ex is something you should have probably had a professional talk with you about since it obviously lead to a depressive and suicidal episode. You are also obviously still feeling something over your abusive ex, and some other things, and it is no wonder you feel the way you do. Please go back to therapy and get help once more. The thing about anxiety and such is it affects you less the more confident you are in yourself as an individual. Please work on that as well, focus on yourself for a while. What do you need emotionally right now? You seem to enjoy your job and be happy there, why is that? Can you better yourself that way? You really like children, can you incorporate that into your life more? What kind of new hobby have you always wanted to get into? Try it out, go on a trip, just focus on making yourself happy and living a fulfiling life.

I'll put it this way, it's a quote I saw once. Everyone has it in themselves to save once person in their lifetime. There's absolutely no shame if that person is yourself.

>> No.9151746

>There was a Love Live dance/photoshoot gathering at local con today
>cosplayed as Rin
>talked to other cosplayers about new anime, etc. and watching some of them dance while waiting as there was a set list
>group of annoying tweens decide to overtake the gathering and put "MUH SONG" to practise for cosplay comp skit and take over the event
>bad timing, all over the place, lacking in energy
>sees organiser getting annoyed
>other dancers start leaving
>this is getting cringy, time to go
>return to meeting spot a few hours later
>glad that the group had left and organiser was still there

The organiser didn't know if the event was a success or not. I was happy I got to request two songs to dance to. Wonderful Rush was my favorite though. I hope someone wasn't filming me dancing though because there was some mistakes.

>> No.9151782

>>9151704
>gets hit by car
>sorry I took time to send of your frills

I think anyone would be understanding of that situation. Sorry about your university stuff, but being ill and what happened to you isn't your fault. Don't punish yourself for getting to have things that make you happy especially if you already did well at something. This is all just a hurdle.

>>9151495
Don't beat yourself up over illness or wanting to enjoy things. As long as you aren't putting yourself into debt, resources put into non-essential items aren't a waste.

>> No.9151815

>>9151699
I told him. He really had no clue how much this hurt me. He said he accepts it and wants me be to be happy, it's simply not his cup of tea asthetic wise. It's nice to hear, even it still stings a bit that he didn't like anything cute at all.

>>9151711
Luckily my bf isn't an ass, he does support me in my other hobbies. This is most likley why it hurt so much that he doesn't likes my prefered style choice at all.

>> No.9152129
File: 324 KB, 498x435, gtfocat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw trying to sell off old cosplay/anime stuff and buyers flake left and right
>"I didn't know the bank closed so early, sorry I missed going to the bank two days in a row!"
>"I'm sorry I can't buy $5 worth of stuff from you, my parents say I'm grounded!"

>> No.9152174

>>9151815
That's very good! I hope he'll be more respectful toward you and your hobbies in the future.

>> No.9152203

>wants to be active in local cosplay comm
>ppl I wanna be friends with are friends with exfriend who literally wants me dead
>other ppl are cringey mother fuckers

>> No.9152208

>>9152129
Ugh, I hate people like that. Once I sold a cheap cosplay prop for 15USD because I didnt' like it. Within an hour, the girl asked for a refund and to cancel the order, because she "forgot" about a bill she had to pay. I've also had people cancel cheap orders and ask for a refund because they changed their mind within 10 minutes of the purchase before.

>> No.9152211

>>9152208
I've never had anyone ask for a refund but it probably won't be long. Still, nothing beats this underaged girl trying to buy a $10 item off me and when I found out she was underaged and using her mom's paypal I told her no because her mom could claim she didn't authorize the transaction and the girl flipped out and tried to give me her mother's FB and then her mother's phone number to call so her mom could confirm that she OK'd the purchase.

>> No.9152228

>>9152129
Uggggh. Cheapo buyers are so frustrating. I just had someone ask for a discount on an item that I already threw in free shipping for. It was $30.

I said no and they bought it anyway, but I was miffed that I had to take time to reply to that e-mail after it says in my FAQ no haggling.

>> No.9152262

>>9149095
Geez, your bf sounds like a real keeper. Idk about you, but I'd be pissed off if my SO was acting that way toward me for being physically weaker than him. It's petty and discouraging.

Going to the gym is intimidating enough. Planet Fitness a shit, but they have a point in their mission statement. I hope in time and practice you'll get stronger for your own sake. In the mean time, I suggest the fit sticky and getting a better, helpful gym buddy.

>> No.9152270

>>9152262
So you are mad at men because you are biologically weaker?
Are you also mad at fish because they can breathe underwater and you can't?

>> No.9152281

>>9152270
>I'd be pissed off if my SO was acting that way toward me
>if my SO was acting that way toward me
>acting that way
Not that anon but your reading comprehension needs work.

>> No.9152286

>>9152270
What's with all these obvious "hurr hurr men are better!" dudes on /cgl/ right now?