[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 278 KB, 614x461, face_family_cosplay_by_robingirl-d3jac2v.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9111997 No.9111997 [Reply] [Original]

>grandma thinks lolita is Victorian slut clothes?
>best friend buys Milanoo like burando?
>parents want to buy storebought Halloween and go to your next convention?
>your only fellow weebs at uni are Hetalia yaoi fangirls?

Share it!

>> No.9112017
File: 86 KB, 1500x958, 7PuFP0i.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll get the ball rolling

>Started college in 2014
>Majoring in media studies, so a lot of nerds/gamers/lowkey weebs in my class
>First day, our seniors make us play those "get to know your fellow new classmates" -games
>Each one of us has to show the others an item from our bag and tell something about ourselves
>One of the girls in my class has a fedora, black hair with green highlights, scene/emo clothes and a bag full of anime pins
>Oh boy
>Pulls a Makai Ouji manga out of her bag and says something. Can't even figure out what she said because she is so quiet and stutters all the time
>She is 26 years old
>Fast forward to present day, she is still wears the same kind of clothes, watches anime and practices writing Japanese during lectures
>At least she is quiet and seems to work hard on her studies even though her grades aren't top notch

Another weeb-encounter in my class
>Let's return to the first day of college
>Talking to friend from high school who happened to pick the same major and is in the same class as me
>We're discussing anime, she mentions SnK, I tell her I don't particularly like it
>Suddely there is a yell and a girl with "look at these big-ass trees Eren" -shirt appears
>Comes to us because we were talking shit about SnK which happens to be her favorite anime
>Has a shit taste in anime (Haikyuu, Free, SnK, other generic popular fujoshit-series), dresses like a normie apart from the shirt, turns out to be a bit of tumblrina, is loud, keeps talking about her superiority because she is a Slytherin, sings Disney-songs in the corridors, buys bootleg anime figures from eBay
>Try to rec her some of the good current anime and offer to help her buy legit figures and merch, she declines
>We become friends anyway, she keeps being cringy but is actually really well read and can discuss interesting/important topics besides all the weeby shit

>> No.9112030

>friend wants to cosplay
>never seems to do it
>bought seal kigurumi instead
>she's overweight and even skinny people barely look good in kigurumi
>we have a falling out before con, barely speak
>takes too-tight kigurumi to con to wear it
>never does wear it despite spending $50+ on it
>seems grumpy every time I go put on a costume
>keeps claiming a certain character to cosplay year after year
>also is character I've wanted to cosplay
>haven't told her I'm in the process of saving up for the costume to wear
>convention passes, hope this'll be the end of it
>rarely talk to her
>get into PokemonGo like the rest of the world
>tweet another friend about it
>cringey friend sees it
>gets the game
>tweets me complaining that it's my fault and she's blaming me for getting her into PokeGo
>never once messaged her about it
>asks me what team I joined
>make up a team that isn't mine
>"I joined that team too, anon!!"
>dodged a bullet
>now have to put up with her 'bragging' about her low level Pokemon catches
>buys incense to get Pokemon so she doesn't have to leave the house
>complains meanwhile how she - a nearly 30 year old woman - can't walk down the road to look for Pokemon because her stepfather said no
>complains about how she never leaves the house and can't go to town for Pokemon
>whines about how she needs a ride into town for Pokemon event
>keeps asking people on her FB for a ride
>no one's offered

>> No.9112067

>>9112030
Does she live with her parents? Why would a 30 year old listen to her stepfather regarding something like that?

>> No.9112130

>>9112067
She lives with her mom and stepfather. I've mentioned her before on past threads, as Coloring-Chan.

>> No.9112138

>>9112130
oh god, not colouring-chan
how's her colouring going along? Recently I received a colouring book as a gift and the first thought I had was 'I hope I'm not the next colouring-chan'

>> No.9112164

>>9112138
She hasn't been posting as much about it but every once in a while she'll show off her new purchase. I'm talking to her less now that the convention is over which is probably why she's popped up all of a sudden blaming me for getting her into PokeGo and even tagging the team friend in her posts as well (even if team friend admitted to me she can't stand CC). Aside from that she just posts vaguely threatening FB memes like "If any of my friends dared leave me I have X amount of years worth of dirt on them" and once in a while brings up "Oh by the way I have all these stories/pictures of you back from your weeb days."

I haven't fully told her to fuck off yet but only because we rarely speak so I don't see the point of opening the can of worms if I were to just block her everywhere. She's been my motivational tool as well to better myself so there's that.

>I hope I'm not the next colouring-chan
Just don't drop your entire savings on coloring books and coloring accessories and you'll be fine. She still hasn't made that money up either.

>> No.9112166

>>9112164
wtf that's seriously creepy
I mean, as if her previous actions weren't anything to be scared about.

How long has she been your friend for again?

>> No.9112179

>>9112166
Ten or so years but she only got bad when I moved away almost two years ago.

>> No.9112195

>>9112164
Where can I go to hear the back story of this girl? Now I'm intrigued on who spends their entire savings on coloring books.

>> No.9112202

>>9112195
>>9112164
Seconding.

Has she ever had a boyfriend?

>> No.9112205

>>9112195
>>9112202
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S8847186#p8862586
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S8911323#p8921350

She's been in several relationships but they all failed. Last one she had was with a Korean guy online that she intended to go visit and marry but it never happened.

>> No.9112209

>>9112205
Do you have a picture of her "work"?

>> No.9112215
File: 159 KB, 333x280, 1455492125737.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9112209
Taken off the archive.

>> No.9112218

>>9112215
please tell me this is her super early work done ironically

those wings are not good

>> No.9112222

>>9112218
No that's pretty much all her work.

>> No.9112225

>>9112222
w e w

I secretly hope she becomes the female CWC.

>> No.9112226

>>9112225
She's nowhere near that bad, she's more PT than anything else with the way that if you try to help her or offer her advice she'll either:
1. Ignore you
2. Get depressed
3. Get upset and blame someone else

Like she blames her stepfather for her not being able to drive because he didn't use money from his deceased father's will to buy her a vehicle or send her back to Korea for a year.
Or when I told her there's a rural bus that could pick her up from the boonies to take her to classes/work and stuff she got depressed and said she's got nowhere to go anyway so why bother.

>> No.9112421

>>9112226
You mean she became an attention whore, you don't get into depression over that.

>> No.9112424

>>9111997

Live cosplay cringe contest

- http://youtu.be/xyQC8u5Qm2Y

>> No.9112452

>>9112421
Well she's bipolar and unmedicated so she does get a low swing when she's faced with stuff. That and deludes herself into thinking she's going back to the kpop land. She's been saying she's going back to Korea for years but now she's trying to get disability or some kind of government support for her mental problems and said she'll use the money to go to a convention with me.. whether I invited her or not.

>> No.9112719

>>9112030
I just spent the past hour reading up on the Coloring-chan discourse.
She reminds me a bit of a girl I used to be friends with, except she didn't have bipolar disorder, at least from what I could tell.
I dropped her with some "ohhh we don't really have anything in common anymore, boooo" excuse (which honestly wasn't true but whatever).
She's still tooting around, never went through with all those "I'll kill myself if you leave me!" demands, same as ever except without me in the picture.

Anyway, don't feel bad about dropping her. It's weird the kind of stress-lift you get after a while.
And about the "I have dirt on you!!" thing, I doubt she has enough friends for it to really have much of an impact, especially if those other friends feel the same as you do.

>> No.9112776

oh my god, coloring-chan reminds me of a friend of my ex gf's, I guess I sort of knew her too? close enough, so I'll give you guys some highlights

>met ex gf and cringey friend when i was 20-21, cringey friend was 28 at the time. i'll call her Will because we were all obsessed with Hannibal and she RPed Will Graham on tumblr.
>Will went to ex gf's university, was taking a total of ONE class in order to graduate (why it took her until age 28 to graduate with a bachelor's degree i have no fucking clue)
>never had a job, couldn't drive, lived with parents, always begging for rides from people. parents took her to and from college
>spent literally all her time RPing on tumblr, took it extremely seriously
>had a girlfriend (I guess) who was 21 and lived across the country. Will was supposed to go visit this girlfriend, but she backed out because she was too scared to travel by herself and had MUH ANXIETIES over staying at someone else's house
>also didn't learn to drive or get a job because ANXIETIES

later on:
>finally fucking graduates college, still no job and no ability to drive. just sits around at home, RPing on tumblr
>rich ass white family takes her to Italy as a graduation present. she spends the entire time complaining that she can't get on her tumblr

>> No.9112783

>>9112776
later still:
>decides she's GENDURRKWEER tumblr fakeboi, posts on FB constantly about how being pregnant terrifies her (congrats, you're a normal person who doesn't want to get pregnant?) but she still wants to "PASS ON HER GENES" and she fantasizes about BEING A FATHER
>dear god please let this woman never have children
>she's also super right-wing despite tumblry shit, also posts about how the minimum wage doesn't need raised because it's supposed to be a "supplementary income" for people who just "~feel like working~" while the main breadwinner or whatever makes the actual living income
>at the time both my girlfriend and me were working minimum wage jobs despite her having a degree and mine in progress, trying to make enough to move in together, just the two of us. i was pretty sick of Will's shit at this point so I made a comment along the lines of "Oh, and where are we supposed to get this magical more-than-minimum-wage income, please enlighten me"
>keep in mind Will has literally never worked a day in her life
>predictably gets all pissy at me, eventually deletes me off FB
>which is a mixed blessing because on one hand, she was a 30 year old woman acting like a spoiled 14 year old and annoying as fuck, on the other hand, made me feel a lot better about myself

She also spent all her money (that her parents gave her) on merch, cosplays, going to conventions, etc. and then would complain that she had no money. Apparently that "anxiety" that stopped her from ever learning to drive or holding a job didn't stop her from going to huge conventions like SDCC, and plenty of smaller ones all summer.

>> No.9112797
File: 502 KB, 500x298, birthdayeh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My fucking sister wants to have a big birthday party and buy cake and balloons and celebrate with the family.

A character's birthday.

[Pic related would be me at the party for the food, or me just not going.]

>> No.9112859

>>9112797
cringey? totally. kinda fun idea though? i think so.

>> No.9113249

>>9112797
I've seen people make cakes for fictional character birthdays.
Celebrating with the whole family though? Jesus no.

>> No.9113371

>>9112797
That sounds fun, except for the bit where she wants to invite the whole family.
Celebrate your weebiness in private. I used to celebrate characters' birthdays in my room in the dead of night with a plate of cookies and a tiny cake surrounded by figures, and that was cringey enough for me.

>> No.9113385

>>9112797
my ~tumblr famous~ "best friend" chose a character's birthday over mine, and now whenever I hear this character's name even mentioned, I get so uncontrollably angry.

>> No.9113393

>>9113385
Do you have the same birthday as them?
That's odd regardless though.

>> No.9113436
File: 391 KB, 500x362, 1466229761747.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9113385
> had an ex who it turns out dated me because I had the same birthday as his waifu
>dumps me because he couldn't get I was upset he wanted to spend the day with his waifu and not even say 'Happy Birthday' to me
>"Well you both were born on the same day so it is like I am throwing a huge party for you cunt"
Jesus christ I wish I could forget that

>> No.9113478

>>9112017
>she is quiet and seems to work hard on her studies even though her grades aren't top notch

Does it even matter what she does at that point? She just comes across as nervous and probably autistic if that's all she's doing.
>>9112030
>>9112067
>>9112452
>>9112776
...Honestly, I never realised there were so many autistic women lurking about the place, still not cringy though, that award goes solely to my ex 'best' friend if this the best you all got.

>> No.9113849
File: 346 KB, 580x580, 1456000103231.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9112797
Fuck, I've been through that.

>friend makes a story
>a bunch of OC donut steel
>one of them has a birthday close to mine
>at my party
>"hey! Lets do something"
>picks a cupcake, manages to make a fedora with fondant and makes me take a ornamental little sword to decorate it
>mfw awkwardly singing happy birthday to a character that i don't even like
>afterwards she made me send a wall of text for every character of hers on their """birthdays"""

>> No.9113893
File: 44 KB, 561x265, tumblr_miadpnO4iR1rgz9z1o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Get tagged in cosplay pictures on personal facebook page by friends who recognize hall shots of me
>A little awkward when family members like them but whatever, most of my family avoids including me in group gatherings anyways
>Except this weekend out of state family come down!
>Grandma says she'll be around my house at five to bring me to see everyone
>She arrives, with 3 of my redneck teenage cousins stuffed in the backseat
>Loudly and rudely asks me about my "costumes and conferences" the whole way.
>Thereisahell,believemeI'veseenit

>> No.9114819

>>9113436
Dodged a bullet there.

>> No.9114856

Reading through this thread makes me sad that these people are adults but relieved that none of my friends are this bad

>> No.9114864

>>9113849
>>afterwards she made me send a wall of text for every character of hers on their """birthdays"""
that sounds like legit mental illness

>> No.9114891

>Had a friend unwilling to make any of her own shit. But hey she works more than me and I have more freetime
>Con in my neck of the woods invite her
>Make two ball gowns up until night of the con she offers to do the side pieces the night she arrives (will become relevant)
>She arrives with her dog in tow, same dog that attacked mine forcing me to drop from training programs
>But as long as they are separate it should be ok right? after all it's not like her fiance is home and could take the do-Oh wait YES HE IS
>She swears up and the dog is well behaved when alone. when she mentions forgot major items for the side pieces and we need to go shopping
>I figure fine, my pup has been fine in the backroom watching tv. Her dog can stay in my room.
>Go out get the supplies come back. There's a new suspicious lack of rug under my door.
>Dog has ripped through my apartment's rug welp there goes my security deposit
>Can't be mad at the dog not it's fault the owner is a moron. Try to check for wounds from the tacks holding rug down
>Friend starts smacking her in anger yelling at her. Have to practically shove her off telling her enough.
>Feeling bad for the dog now thinking the initial attack was due to stress of this bad owner. Offer to buy a big carrier so she can not tear my apartment up
>Buy carrier at walmart get back it's 12:30 in the morning. I'm exhausted and want sleep

"So anon you're gonna finish the dresses right?"

I have a bit more horror on this. But This was the part that always got to me. I did call animal control in her area but they pretty much blew me off. I guess if the dog's in good health doesn't matter anything else?

>> No.9114960

>>9114891
Please share the rest of this horror. Your friend has me low level raging for being so irresponsible.

>> No.9114988

>>9114864
She was a lonely person but she actually dropped that when she started focusing on her career.

>> No.9114995

>>9114960
Sure thing
>Figure you know what I do want to finish the dresses I worked really hard on them
>Sets to sewing, she 'attempts' the side pieces (more like whining because of dog thing)
>My pup in the back is now unhappy because she wants to be with me as I'm sewing
>Dogs have a whine off scold mine friend ignores hers.
>This dog btw is a large shepard mix and very antsy I'm used to my small pup. But try to not scold as not my pet
>Come 3 am friend throws epic tantrum about how she's tired and throws down unfinished pieces and takes my bed.
>Whatever I get my pup back and some quiet. Also coffee
>Come 9 Am my dad comes by as I was bringing him as a birthday treat him taking up photography. Thought it'd be fun (forgive me father)
>He comes in to see me looking like the dead putting finishing touched to the gowns
>She finally rolls out of my bed immediately sets to whining the dress is too long
>Makes me cut it all the while chatting up my obviously displeased father about how much she did
>The cut is now too high be she demanded it and now it's up to her ankles and you can see her sneakers (she was 'too busy' to get proper shoes and I assumed the gown would cover that)
>Starts demanding I do her makeup first as I'm stumbling to the bathroom to at least wash my face.My father starts scolding this 26 year old woman about treating me like crap. When I offered so much to her in the first place
>I tell him it's ok, we're all stressed. Finally get out to the cars I elect to ride with him to get 15 minutes of shut eye. And am in no shape to drive my own car, or ride with her. Cue another tantrum from her
>She slams her car door. I notice the gown sticking out the side. There's now black car grease and gunk all over over my hard work
>Get to the place for parking realize she's not behind us anymore
>Call her phone some dude answers saying he found the phone on the lower levels by some keys
>Great now this bitch is lost
Con'

>> No.9115010

>>9114995
>Start panicking because she's an only VERY spoiled child and her parents will lose shit
>Doesn't help she just barely moved in with her fiance and they still coddle her to death. (She's legit still on their bank accounts and will use baby voice to get more money added to her account)
>Father drags my panicked ass to the mall to meet the guy who has her things
>Luckily we see her sobbing being coddled by a grandma
>Guy gives her keys and phone telling her be careful next time
>My father obviously just wants to go home and forget this ever happened I feel like a heel regretting bringing her along
>Okay! Con time though start walking to the con center She stops us and remarks "Oh by the way I lost my car."
Wat
>This 26 year old woman doesn't know where she parked. Just kill me please.
>We spend an hour looking at the different lot levels only to find she followed cars going out (How why??) and parked at the service office
>My dad just snatches the keys that he's gonna park the car himself and go home.
>After the day is done and we head back to my place
"Anon, this could've been avoided if you'd just stayed with me you know."

She blamed me until I finally just really stopped talking to her for other horror times. Her last message to my phone was this long winded I tried to help you be mature anon crap.

>> No.9115016

>>9114995
>>9115010
Jesus fucking Christ. You have the patience of a saint to even put up with that spoiled brat for more than five minutes.

>> No.9115084
File: 988 KB, 294x224, 1460139513413.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Theres a girl and her friends that are now ex friends.

>work at haunted house during the seasons since hey its fun and I'm in one of the positions that gets paid.

>attracts a few weird people, cringe people, and some great people. Pretty full spectrum. Most arent that bad just 'eh' I'll be nice to you at work but I am not going to all you outside of work.

>pre opening for the season I do a lot of backstage work and help out a lot in the costume department, throwing together stuff, weathering things, ect nothing too complicated

>enter L chan

>just seems a bit weeby at first. Very boisterous. Claims she can help in costumes too and goes on and on and on about her cosplay

>cool whatever

>quickly figure out she is a pathological liar

>cant sew, her 'cosplays' are mostly just her and random 'cool' clothing she bought with weird contacts and a wig

>doesnt realize I'm an old fag in our cities cosplay community

>"OH YOU should TOTTTEEEEES cosplay anon I could teach you"

>ask friends in community if they know her, all pretty much shrug say theyve said hi to her but she kind of annoyed them

>turns into a very long season of her lying to me about her accomplishments and how men at the con scene love her boobs ect ect

>constantly see her posts on facebook whining like the world is mean to her and her alone. Like with pokemon go, she swears oh god its just her that suffers and has server issues, pokemon go is just out to not let her play guys JUST HER

>could sort of stand her till she pulled me into some shit with her now ex boyfriend

>silently dreading seeing her almost ever night next haunt season

>> No.9115092

>>9115016
I'll readily admit my being a bit of a pushover didn't help. But I was just blown away by how little she could handle not being with her parents/Fiance.

>> No.9115093

>Meets girl in class back in my weeb days. She just as weeby as me, so we end up becoming friends.
>Turns out our paths crossed several times and enjoy similar things, so we geek out even more.
>Loan her several things, including complete series DVD set.
>Friend get's kicked out of home due to stupid reason. Ask for DVDs back, friend said she had already returned them.
>Out DVDs and manga now since she isn't welcomed back home.
>Start getting out of my weeb phase, yet she is very much in it and starts to show true self.
>Friend claims that she "did a spell wrong" and all these fictional characters became real as spirits.
>Ask her for opinion one day in class. Turns out she get's "possessed" by characters at random times so I can't get a proper answer half the time.

Thank god we're not friends anymore. There was so much wrong with that girl.

>> No.9115098

>>9115084
>>could sort of stand her till she pulled me into some shit with her now ex boyfriend
You have to share this.

>> No.9115124

>>9115098
I will preface this by saying it is partially my fault for trying to put effort into our friendship. I was kinda lonely since most of my friends had moved away and I was freshly back in town and didnt have a social circle going anyways.

>Haunt season ends, make friends with one more girl from haunt who likes L. She's nice enough, in the same job as me and we like to get food after work and talk. She kind of has suburbon white om tastes in things and is a bit "lolRandommmm" but hey its nice to have some one to talk to. Call her B chan.

>My grandmother owns a nice log cabin, asks if I want to invite some friends.

>Only friends in town or available I can really invite at the time so I say eh why not get a bit drunk, enjoy the view play boardgames, nice escape from the city.

>Me and old friend from high school who also worked where we did decide to go. He's friends with L's boyfriend asks if he can come I say sure, and L and other girl does too

>Its a bit away since we usually rent the house out and my grandma put aside a few days for us when it was available

>in the mean time L and her boyfriend beak up. Me and Highschool friend find out about this shortly before she does. Apparently L has been cheating on him a long time and her pathological lying is getting to him. Decides though he still wants to be her friend he just cant date her anymore

>kind of decide I do not want to invite either him or L to this get away weekend anymore.

>but not going to be that bitch, tell them each they are both still welcome but if they feel uncomfortable with the other going that they need to sort that out, and I understand and can swing a second weekend if they want me to split it

>"No anon its fine were friends it'll be dandy lets go to the beach"

cont

>> No.9115127

>>9115124
>L chan keeps insisting to me she wants to come and still invite ex chan were friends still see we had lunch just yesterday.

> B chan and L chan are thick as thieves this whole time. Suddenly L chans ex shows up all goes well till L chan is starting to show cracks in the facade.

>oh no.

>find the best way to do this is not have them in the same group for extended periods of time. So we kind of split up. There comes a point where the rest of us want to go out but L chan and B chan want to stay in

>ok.

>come back

>theyve fucking torn apart the entire guest room, and used the mattress's to build a fort.

>the fuck WHY

>tell them fuck you you have to fix this.

>they also wrote random shit in the guest book I have to carefully tear out.

>eugh

>Then L chan decides that her ex was cheating on her with their other friend this whole time

>wut

>throws this big stink locks herself upstairs with B chan. B chan becomes her henchman the rest of the time telling me how much I 'hurt L by letting ex chan come' friendo I told you both several times we could change plan, you were the one who fucking insisted to me he show up

>regret everything, realize I should have in no way expected modicum mature behavior from her.

>B chan lets it slip the L chan was trying to use the weekend to get back together with Ex chan

>oh god fucking damn it

>me and friend from high school tell them all to get the fuck out. Spend rest of the night drinking and bitching about them.

Unfortunately for her I have good standing in the community, after a few friends had heard the story of said weekend from hell she suddenly finds herself being side eyed a bit at cons.

The only reason I havent purged her from my facebook is I dont want out right animosity from her if I have to work with her again another year. So I'm biting my tongue for now, but this is my last year with the troupe before I move.

>> No.9115131

>>9115124
>>9115127
And this is why I'm iffy about making new friends or befriending friends of friends.
>mfw I was the friend who exposed my friends to my cringy friend

>> No.9115135

>>9113436
this is why you don't date hardcore otakus. they're trash

>> No.9115141

>>9115131
I mean you have to be optimistic to a sense. I know I was probably that cringey friend at some point in my life. People can grow out of it, and some its easy enough to look past.

One of my best friends was a bit cringe at first, but behind that was a very sweet great girl that just had to tone down her love of one piece a bit.

The problem here with L chan is I saw more than a few warning signs but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt anyways.

>> No.9115156

>be lowkey highschool weeb
>too scared to wear any anime stuff to school but have friends without that fear
>one of them is this tall lanky kid with greasy long hair that's always in his face
>wears deathmetal band t-shits every day and has his locker covered in printed out pictures of bleach characters
>decides I'm his waifu
>believed that through the power of love and vaguely rapey romance tropes I would love him back
>spends almost three years trying to force me to cosplay girls from his favorite animes
He's dating another friend from that group now and I honestly feel so bad for her.

>> No.9115406

>both younger sisters in their Hetalia phase
>older one cosplays Prussia at every con

Also,
>pick up sisters from local con
>"buy anything good?"
>both bought clip on tails

To be fair, my youngest sister has me listed in her phone as "Idol Trash."

>> No.9115460

>>9115406

I am fully to blame for my younger sister's shitty taste in anime, but at least I did it for the greater good. Got her into Vampire Knight instead when she said she wanted to read Twilight.

That being said she's now Kuroshit garbage and she describes herself as "otaku trash" on her Instagram profile so I think I may have fucked up. At least she likes FMA.

>> No.9115476

>>9115460
She'll grow out of it anon. We were eihter all there or knew many people that were there. At least you opened her up to another medium that holds really great story telling when she works her way around to it. Thats more than I can say for Twilight.

>> No.9115484

>>9115460
My (older) sister went through a full fujo phase, so I'm at least thankful that I didn't turn out as bad as I could've.

>> No.9115550
File: 24 KB, 429x410, b624e86d28a8bf19bb018205c673797d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>friend asks where to commission a cosplay
>point her in the direction of a cosplay commission group on Facebook
>I've never used it but figured she'd find someone decent
>Says she found someone and seems pretty happy
>Months pass and she says nothing else about it
>Con is in two weeks
>Posts progress photos of the cosplay
>Looks awful and is barely even finished
>Mfw I know it's going to look bad and I feel really bad for her

>> No.9116158

>>9115093
Gosh i used to talk to a girl lile that

>friends of friends
>let's call her Curly
>Curly was supposed to be straight
>suddenly Curly turns out to be a lesbian
>Curly gets in a relationship with Angst
>Angst attracts shitty people
>Angst is a tad crazy
>Curly is too
>Angst breaks up with Curly
>Curly calls absolutely everyone who talks to angst
>calls me at night
>I'm Curly's last resort
>Curly says she's soul bound to Angst
>Says their OC's donut steel are actually their "guardians"
>Curly's OC talks to her
>Curly's OC told her that Angst is her soulmate because Angst's guardian is actually totally in love with Curly's guardian
>they got back together

That was a dumb ride, but at least they're happy. I guess...

>> No.9116246

>>9112030
I don't blame coloring-chan's step-dad. If I was him I also wouldn't let Her out of the house collecting pokemon. I wonder how much of her parents money she's wasted on that game

>> No.9116252

>>9115084
.....this wouldn't happen to be at a theme park with a Snoopy themed childrens area, would it? I've got a couple friends who work there but I know L isnt them, but I wonder if they know about her too

>> No.9116255

>>9112719
>>9116246
CC OP here, sorry I've been missing in action. Yeah the 'dirt' she has on me is just dumb teen weeb photos and some mildly embarrassing stories that are 5+ years old. I really should just completely cut her out of my life but it's 50/50 pity and wanting to be better than her after all the years she bragged to me about having her shit together and being a foreign traveling college student. Now everything is flipped and she's a lonely shut-in clinging to her kpop shrine (literal shrine) while I'm the one getting my shit together and coming out of my anxiety shut-in behavior.

I'm afraid to ask how much she's spent because on top of this she asks her limited income mother to fund her kpop and dating sim addiction. She spent a bunch on Steam before and during the summer sale to get games there. There's also 'necessary' trips nearly two hours away to go to an Asian market to get her kimchi and ramen. She also pays a premium to get them delivered to her from online grocery stores.

>> No.9116285

>>9116255
I just want to thank you, Coloring-Chan OP, for sharing your stories of this human disaster. I feel that in a funny way, CC has brought us together.

>> No.9116289
File: 125 KB, 500x281, bitch i'm fabulous max.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9116285
In an odd way I'm starting to realize that everyone has a CC in their life in some shape or form. May heaven help us all.

>> No.9116290

>>9116158
>Curly was supposed to be straight
I lol'd

>> No.9116292

>>9112797
Me and my mates go to a bar every year to drink in memory of Ace dieing in One Piece. We get shitfaced and then go over someone's apartment and marathon Pirates of the Carribean. We do this every year and I don't really know why.

>> No.9116326

>>9116292
That actually sounds fun to do, just a bunch of nerds getting floored with their in jokes and not including innocent civilians or families into it like "IM DRINKING CUZ ACE-SAMA DIED!"
Carry on.

>> No.9116340

>>9116255
Coloring-Chan is an endless source of amusement. Thank you for giving us updates on this pathetic disaster. They always make me feel better about myself.

>> No.9116377

>>9116340
To be honest my whole circle of ex-friends make me feel better about myself even though I'm unemployed, anxiety-ridden, and can't drive.

>Kitty-chan lived with her mother and grandparents
>grandmother is a harpie and overly religious
>mother was batshit crazy
>Kitty-chan is in high school and sharing a room and bed with mother
>is a bitch in her own right, married her highschool sweetheart who was 150% cucked and still is

>Kay-chan was goth/weeb batshit
>had off and on relationship with sketchy boyfriend 1 and boyfriend 2
>Boyfriend 1 was alt scene handsome crazyboy
>Boyfriend 2 was chubby greasy psycho
>filed restraining order on B2
>eventually ended up marrying him
>their big wedding meal was at Red Lobster

>Kay-chan and Kitty-chan BFFs longer than I've known them
>decide to live next door to each other
>Kay-chan and husband start inviting a girl to threesomes
>Kay-chan loses her goddam mind when she spots girl coming from Kitty-chan's house one night
>thinks borderline homophobic Kitty-chan is repressed bisexual and sleeping with girl
>Kay-chan contacts me after a year of no talking to vent about it
>asks me to find her a new girl that's either lesbian and doesn't mind her husband watching or bisexual and will fuck them both
>heavily hints that she knows I'm bisexual (I'm not) and acts like she's trying to get me to volunteer
>nope the fuck out

>> No.9116402

I had a friend in high school who drove me insane, I'll call her Pink
>going to a con for the first time together
>wants to switch cosplays with me because hers is garbage quality
>tell her no
>she pouts, threatens not to go because of it
>she brings along a mutual friend, Blue, who she's interested in
>traffic jam on the way there, Blue says he's gonna get out of the car and run around or some shit
>please don't
>get to the hotel, they spend the whole night talking at full volume while I'm trying to sleep
>tell them they're being too loud, they don't care
>Blue spends entire con complaining that he's bored because he's not into anime or even video games, Pink just dragged him along
>Go out to eat, take leftovers back, they are horsing around in the back seat of the car and get rice all over the place
>Pink wants to do Asuna and Kirito from SAO with Blue next time, Blue says he won't do it unless somebody gets the cosplay for him
>"can you help me get it anon? I don't have any money :("
>no
>they never got together, he never comes to a con again

>Pink spends months ogling over a specific bodyline jsk
>I buy it for her for christmas plus some misc accessories
>later go on her tumblr and see a post asking for help coording it
>says "I wanted brand but I couldn't afford it so I guess I have to settle even if it's not great"
>wants to get stuff from taobao
>"can you make the order for me anon? It's too hard!"
>agree to make an order
>she promises to pay me back later, saying I have to pay because she doesn't have a paypal
>~$125 I never got back
>she never even wears the dress
She did a lot of other annoying stuff too

>> No.9116414

This is a story about what I come back to at the end of a con. I have a few more from previous years too
>coming back from AN 2016
>3 hours of driving, obnoxious passengers
>I'm the group dad because I have a car, and almost steady income
>the 3 in the backseat start having a waifu war
>I tell them to quiet down
>they don't, so I turn up my music
>they yell above my music
>turn music back down, it was bearable before
>they get cocky, thinking I'm being beta af
>start insulting my music tastes, and driving skills (none of them have license)
>pull over on a back road, I've had enough
>"Why did we stop, anon?"
>"I've had enough of your bullshit. If you won't shut up, and let me hear my music, then have fun walking home.
>pop trunk, start taking a suitcase out
>they freak out and shut the fuck up
>close trunk, drive home listening to good tunes
Then after dropping them all off at their places, I finally get home to the nightmare that is my 4 roommates
>starts off with standard stuff: dishes out, lights left on, maybe even water left running, and a clogged toilet.
>drop suitcase in my room, no point unpacking right away
>go up to the living room to game, and catch up with everyone
>my ps3 is missing
>ask the guy who's room is right at the living room, (he'll be Carl)
>he thinks he saw the resident NEET take it
>I confront NEET, he stammers and mumbles, "I thought it was mine,"
>he doesn't own any consoles, he just spends NEETbucks on Steam and Hearthstone
>"Well it's not, so can I have it back?"
>he unplugs it, I get it back, he sets the 2 controllers on top
>set it back up in the living room
>power it on
>it is running way slower than normal
>grab controller to use it
>sticky, crusty, joysticks are stuck
>ohgodno.png
>HDD literally full of porn
>try to delete it
>didn't help, check HDD from my computer
>run a quick virus scan
>decided it would be faster just to wipe the whole thing
>stomp down to my room like a petulant child
>unpack because I have nothing better to do

>> No.9116490

>>9116252
nah, I work at a seasonal attraction only anon. Its not at a theme park, just one of those haunted houses that pops up in cities for october only.

>> No.9116543

my family on the way i dress:
>dad thinks jfash is cosplay
>keeps sending me links to stuff about jnig/yaya
>mom likes my menhera-chan shirt
>grandpa says i look victorian when i wear classic
>little sister is in the middle of her tacky tumblr phase, tells me bad ideas like to wear galaxy leggings with lolita
>littlest sister thinks its weird, no longer wants to borrow my clothes
friends/acquaintances
>some random girl at my college keeps calling me loli-chan
>hairdresser thinks it's cosplayer
>some guy i knew in high school turned out to be a creepy babyfur and keeps trying to talk to me about lolita

>> No.9116628

>>9116414
I feel so bad for you.

>> No.9116652

>>9116402
keep going

>> No.9116653

>>9116543
Depending on how you feel about lending clothes out, your sister not wanting to borrow your clothes eliminates that hassle.

>> No.9117134

>>9112130
I was legit going to ask if you were still around Anon and for an update on Colouring-chan.

>> No.9117163

>>9116652
ok, although some of it isn't really /cgl/ related
>Pink has a giveaway on her tumblr for getting to 100 followers
>Promises the winner some treats, trinkets, and a free drawing
>almost three months after it ends she still hasn't sent anything to the winner
>begs me to buy "literally anything" and ship it out to this girl I've never talked to
>I try to scrounge together some decent weeb snacks and misc. goods, but it's short notice and I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I'm not responsible for
>send out what I can
>never hear about it from anyone again

>after Blue declined going to any more cons, I try looking for a third person to tag along so it's not just me and Pink
>ask a friendly acquaintance, Red, if she'd like to go
>ask Pink if that's okay
>"I mean.. I guess.."
>meet a guy online who I wanted to meet up with at the con
>tell Pink about it
>Pink accuses me of trying to replace her, cries that she's not "enough" for me
>says she'll be devastated if anyone were to come between us, says we don't need anyone else to be there
>completely ignores me when I mention that Blue came with us just a year earlier by her request

>get a text from Red, who is a close friend at this point
>it's a screenshot of a conversation she was having with Pink
>apparently they were fighting about who was poorer or something like that
>in it Pink says, "I'm poor, but at least I'm not as bad off as anon! Anon does it to herself though, she could live alright if not for her expensive clothes!!"
>Pink had been telling people that I had been spending all of my family's money on lolita and because of it we didn't even have enough money for food or toiletries
>I tell Red that not a single part of that was true
>she chews her out, or so she claims, still don't know exactly what she said

>> No.9117176

>>9117163
>I go to chicago occasionally (I am from a rural community) for weekend trips and wearing my coords without fear overt opposition or malicious damage
>Pink says she wants to come, wants to visit some of the weeby spots around the area
>wants to go to mitsuwa, arcade, actual japanese restaurants, etc.
>I agree to take her with me one weekend, we make plans and I buy train tickets for two
>Literally the night before we were to leave she texts me and says "My mom said no."
>once again, money that would never be returned

>Pink says in the final month of our senior year of high school that she wants to skip school and go to chicago with me
>She wants to bring along her bf and act out the day of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which I guess is filmed in chicago and in the art museum there
>Bf says he can't go
>She breaks down, but says it's ultimately okay because she can still do it with me
>Plans are nearly solidified when she texts me and says that, once again, her mom wouldn't let her go unless an adult male came with us
>I tell her it's off then, and I make other plans
>Two days later she texts me and says that her mom will let her go now because she cried for 36 hours or some shit
>tell her we aren't going
>"BUT WHY??"
>tell her I'm not going to live out some weird Ferris Bueller's Day Off fantasy with her with plans that will probably fall through anyway
>she doesn't talk to me for almost 2 weeks

that's most of the stuff I can think of right now. She's moved away from lolita and cosplay because it's "not normal." Since then she's mellowed out and matured a bit, but, well.. Some things will probably never change. I'd probably have more to say but we didn't talk for almost a year and a half because she tried relentlessly to get my SO and I to break up

>> No.9117403

>>9117134
She's still there and still Koreaboo. As of last night she was posting about wanting to see all her old college friends again and how she was willing to suffer going outside to see them.. ya know, in case they wanted to play Pokemon Go (since no one offered her a ride to the local meetup). This was after she bitched for several posts about how her mom is more into it than she was and how her mom keep pestering her to go into town with her to catch some.

CC logic:
>I never get to leave the house!
>How dare they try and make me leave the house!!

>> No.9117863

>>9117403
On my feed I get a few girls who whine about not getting out. When someone makes a suggestion it's a array of why they themselves can't pay/drive/and so on.

Personally I love how bold one chick is about being broke and needing people to pay for her. When it's well known in the comm that she blows her college money on cosplay/weeb shit

>> No.9117877
File: 357 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lq58v814D41qjxxswo1_500-1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9117863
>blows her college money on cosplay/weeb shit
Not gonna lie, I planned on putting part of my financial aid refund towards going to a convention at the end of the year as a treat but that's only $200 total if I have to rely fully on finaid money.

>> No.9117919

>>9117877
When I was in college I always spent some of my scholarship money on conventions & cosplay. It's only cringey if you spend money that you are going to NEED later for real expenses, or if you spend money and then beg other people to cover your expenses.

>> No.9117951

>>9117877
Friend you're not blowing it all on it though so don't worry. I put a decent chunk toward car repairs. I mean this chick gets the check and throws it entirely on anything that interests her at the time.

>> No.9117957

>>9117919
That makes me feel better. With school supplies so damn cheap right now I've already stocked up at least enough for this semester so aside from transportation and any unknown supplies, I don't think I'll desperately need the leftover money for anything.

>> No.9117979

>>9117877
I mean, if they're loans, that's money you're going to have to pay back eventually. I'm not saying a con is a bad way to spend that money, but some people don't seem to grasp loans are paid back with interest.

>> No.9117990

>>9117979
Well yeah, if they're loans, you're just fucking yourself over.
I had grants and scholarships, so it was fine for me.

>> No.9117993

>>9117990
My roommate's financial aid (in the form of loans) came late one year, so she dipped into savings in order to pay rent, food, etc. When the financial aid finally came, her mother let her pay herself back, plus told her to put away an extra $1000 for a trip to Europe she wanted to take as a reward for being a trooper.

Sage for off topic but goddamn people are dumb with money sometimes.

>> No.9118024

>>9117979
>>9117993
This >>9117877 anon here and yeah, mine is free financial aid (grant money) so I'm not spending loan money. It boggles my mind that people could use loan money to take trips and other expensive shit. I'm graduating to help me make money, not dig myself into a financial hole.

>> No.9118032

>>9118024
Rock on anon. I hope that con is awesome.

>> No.9118089

>>9113478
Because the very symptoms used to diagnose boys are seen as desirable in girls
>Quiet boy? Fucking weirdo
>Quiet girl? Proper daughter that won't go out and party

>> No.9118131

>>9116414
Please tell me you got legal action against this cunt

>> No.9118140

>Overheard mom telling her friends that lolitas are creepy for wanting to dress like dolls.

Dangit, mom, I thought I explained it to you well. She's such a sweet woman, but I think tragic experiences with a doll when she was little scarred her.

>> No.9118255

>>9118131
unfortunately I'm too passive for that,, but I did make him spend over 3 hours cleaning and disinfecting the controllers before I told him the new Wifi password, and then I put parental controls and schedules on all of his devices.

>>9116628
Thanks for the condolences, I just want to be out of here

>> No.9118610
File: 540 KB, 800x1200, l032-2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

help pls i need advice

>be me
>newer lolita, but wear proper, basic coords
>recently went to a lolita meetup and had a nice time
>friend T finds out a few days later
>"anon, you and i should go have lolita adventures tomorrow too!"
>never seen T express any interest or knowledge of lolita before
>but hell, why not
>next day
>T picks me up in her car
>T is wearing a dress....thing very similar to pic related, but without the furisode sleeves
>also wearing a flat black claire's ribbon bow, gray kneesocks, and brown loafers
>no petticoat either of course
>we go to the mall for an outing
>T freaks out over how kawaii a lace cat ears headband is and promptly buys it
>"this will look great with my coord!"
>die a little inside

how do i handle this? i don't want her to be a stereotypical cringe ita girl but i also don't want to impede on her fun or her "style." wat do?

>> No.9118620

>>9118610
I think you can't do anything. My ex best friend wanted to got into lolita after me (she was a total weeb so she knew about it before) and she knew that length of the dress or the type of the lace didn't matter. Her favorite shop was also Milanoo. She did eventually buy few decent dresses but never wore them out. People who are stubborn and too lazy or disinterested to actually do their research are impossible to teach and waste of time, unfortunately.

>> No.9118641
File: 47 KB, 325x488, the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-print.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9118255
>parental controls and schedules on all of his devices.

>> No.9121757

>>9118610
Just pretend to not like Lolita anymore

>> No.9121789
File: 11 KB, 246x205, wildride.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>try to not shit up the thread with too much CC content
>go about my business and work on hobby stuff
>check FB after a few days of blissful silence
>notifications out the ass
>CC has updated her status!
>complete and total meltdown over Fedex delivering her precious kimchi supply
>I'M ON MY PERIOD AND HAVING A MANIC LOW
>KIMCHI RUINED REEEEEEEEEE

>> No.9121795

>>9121789
Dude most of us I can comfortably say likely check this thread for CC

>> No.9121807

>>9121795
That makes me feel better. I just didn't want to hijack the thread and make it all about her when there have been worse people shared.
Then again, she did make three whole posts and evenjoy contacted FedEx because the delivery guy didn't knock and she was too damn lazy to get up and check every once in a while for her delivery. I'll copy paste in a second once comp boots up.

>> No.9121833

>>9121789
>>9121807
Comp isn't cooperating so greentext it is.

>I'm in a manic low so I'm going to watch Pokemon!
>My torrents are so fucked up I'm so pissed off I can't watch Pokemon!
>Here's another rage post!
>I was waiting all day for FedEx to deliver my kimchi!
>I was outside in the backyard and came in around 5pm
>I got an email saying my kimchi got delivered at around 4pm!
>WHY DIDN'T THEY KNOCK
>THEY LEFT MY PACKAGE ON THE PORCH!
>I'm so pissed off that my package sat outside!
>it didn't say refrigerated item but still!!
>my kimchi leaked in its box and I hope it leaked into his truck!!

If she was outside I don't doubt that the guy knocked and she just didn't hear it and the box not saving refrigerated still some how means the guy should be psychic? I mean if stinky fermented veggies stunk up my truck I'd dump it as quick as possible anyway.
But yeah this is typical her. Hours after her ranting she was back to posting pictures of baby animals and acting like it never happened.

>> No.9121879

>>9115484
> the im the fujo older sister and my brother is okay with it because my tastes are older anime and vidya
> he wonders how I have good taste
> don't want to tell him it because I want cutie bara boys to fuck

>> No.9121932

>>9121879
You're my kind of fujo.

>> No.9122006

>>9117979
Honestly I'm probably going to go to a few cons with loan money but mostly because I can't work while living where I'm living right now and because student loans in my country don't have interest.

>> No.9123225
File: 124 KB, 705x302, UGHHH.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Told bits about this girl before, so it may seem familiar.
>Good friend starts going out with girl X
>BF and I have trouble spending time with her, she's very needy, competitive, and immature
>Competitive as in, "I KNOW MY BOYFRIEND BETTER THAN YOU HOW DARE YOU EVER MENTION A TIME I WASN'T AROUND THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN I KNOW HIM BEST!"
>We all go to a winter con together
>I'm the only one in the group who cosplays, but X wants to start
>Shows me the costume she wants to make, it's an incredibly complicated set of armor with a huge staff
>"That might be a bit overwhelming as your first costume…"
>"No anon, I've looked up tutorials!"
>She's never even touched a sewing machine before, but… hey, if she works hard, I'm sure she'll be able to make it.
>"And then, in two years, I'll be at your cosplay level, anon!"
>I've been cosplaying for over ten years, won assorted awards for my costumes and masq performances
>I'm maybe high-average-level, but I've worked really hard to get to the level I'm at
>She probably didn't mean it in a cruel way, so I just sort of smile, nod, and say, "well, I hope we can cosplay together in the future!"
>A couple years pass, I meet X and a mutual friend at a small event
>X is cosplaying, it's her first costume
>Mutual is an amazing cosplay and she and I chat with each other about our costumes, complimenting each other and swapping construction tips
>X hovers on the edge awkwardly, it's clear she wants us to compliment her too
>Oh, why not. It's not that bad, pretty good for a first costume, and it doesn't hurt to encourage her
>Never mind, it hurts.
>She starts talking down to both of us as if her legging, old t-shirt, and dollar store paint costume is the Mona Lisa
>We all enter the cosplay contest, Mutual and I win prizes, X does not
>She's devastated, never cosplays again

>> No.9123246

>>9123225
>A couple years pass
>X is cosplaying, it's her first costume
kek'd

>> No.9123326

>>9123225
fell a little sorry for X, her shitty personality's at fault but sounds like she took it really badly

>> No.9123339

>>9123326
It is an awful way to learn it, but she really needed to be realistic with herself, it sounds like.
My first cosplay was also some stuff I got from my closet or Goodwill, but I knew it wasn't hot shit and I didn't deserve to win any contests.

Not the OP, by the way.

>> No.9123434
File: 8 KB, 360x270, smile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9116377
>>Boyfriend 2 was chubby greasy psycho
>>filed restraining order on B2
>>eventually ended up marrying him
>>their big wedding meal was at Red Lobster

>> No.9124768

Long story so bare with me. More of a vent on a ex friend of mine who still irrationally pisses me off when I think of her. Sorry if this has a lot of back story I felt it was important.
>be 12
>friend used to role play loosely with. Just for fun. Super weeb
>claimed to be bisexual which is cool because I am bi-pan and knew at the time
>become interested but she was fairly distant and agrees to try to be friends with benefits (kissing and junk but nothing more)
>come high school we aren't that close of best friends anymore due to classes and stuff.
>she becomes this faux French girl who is obsessed with Phantom of the Opera as so many other girls were at the time and I was not interested in it as the group were highly cringe with their fake accents and real life role-playing. Basically omg I'm Belle from the beauty and the beast.
>was so bad that they took their Harry Potter houses seriously.
>I assume ex best friend invested into Tumblr which encouraged her victim complex
>sudden outbursts about how terrible family is and how “no one understands” I try to help but doesn't listen
>still love her more than I wanted to so I ask her to date me officially
>”but I'm not bi. I'm straight” ”how do you lose your virginity if your cherry can't pop”
>wat
>still tells everyone she's LGBT anyways because being gay/queer ups her oppression game. I ignore it because I'm crushing
>fast forward to our falling out
>my friend and old time family friend (which is like a brother to me) both almost died in the hospital. One was at war and got blown up and the other got shot in the streets (civilian) so I'm a mess trying to ignore it since a month or so ago my other family friend who was essentially my cousin died in combat (military family)
Cont.

>> No.9124770

>>9124768
>at lunch time they were discussing science and she was giving wrong info so I corrected it
>gets pissed off with me “omg anon why do you ALWAYS HAVE TO BE RIGHT “
>I'm confused since at the time we hardly talked and if we did it was about anime and never about facts so I was “???”
>I get pissed so I get up and leave without eating
>next day try to fix the issue and she's like “oh I'm sorry I was upset cause my mom yelled at me to get clothes on when I was in my room naked after my shower”.
>decided to not be friends after that because this isn't the first time this type of thing happened before and told her to stop coming to my house a month later because she still came over to try to befriend my brother who's gay (she had this weird thing for gays)
>thought it was over since we graduated but wanted closure because she used to be my best friend after all so I wanted to send her a message and maybe make amends and move on.
>andthatswereifuckedup.jpg
>she replies basically about how I thought we had something were there wasn't and how we are cool.
>lol nope
>later find out she's been telling and bragging to everyone about how we dated and would have SEX and that we broke it off because it personal beliefs????
Cont last post

>> No.9124772

>>9124770
>INTERNAL SCREAMING
>she fucking tells my GRANDMOTHER and mom that at sleep overs we would fuck and we were gfs at my brothers graduation. But my family is cool and told her who the fuck is she to out me to them and why does it matter?
>queue “well I thought you should know because I love this family still”
>hearing she also told my brother as mentioned before this too
>had my mother tell me this made me die because all we did was kiss and if I tried more she would decline so we def never fucked and never dated. My grandma knows I like girls now so I get horribly embarrassed.
>explains to my family that I never dated or fucked and she lied about our falling out too.
>whydidItryforclosure
>figured out she is using me as a token get in with the LGBT crowd.

Worst thing is she would bait people into answering questions with false prompts to turn around to go “lol you're so racist” because in reality it was a racism test instead of the previous survey question and her Tumblr is full of extreme sjw articles without fact checking them at all while doxx posts circulate on innocent people. Last I hear she still talks about how she totally had queer relations with me and I fear that she told even mutual friends and they believe her. Whenever I think about it I get so angry

>> No.9124942

>>9113436
pls tell me you dumped him after that

>> No.9124970

>boyfriend (now ex for unrelated reasons) cosplayed something that required a skintight bodysuit
>had never heard of a dance belt
>didn't wear boxers because they'd bunch up in the suit
>my horror when full mushroom visible on his leg
>embarrassment x100 when I notice his bare hairy ass through hole in the back of suit
>tried to convince him to change out of cosplay, we weren't even at a convention, just a concert
>no one would be in cosplay except him, it wasn't a cosplay event
>he refused
>wore that all night
>hole only got bigger

I managed to convince him to get a new suit and a dance belt for the next year, though, thank god.

>> No.9124980

>>9124970
Now that I think about it,
>later that night, he's piss drunk
>I'm tipsy, myself, but drank maybe 1/8th of what he did
>forgot how to get back to the right parking garage, as there were multiple garages
>he's stumbling around, I convince him to stop so we can ask for directions
>police officer points us in opposite direction
>he continues walking the wrong way
>I mention "maybe we should try the other direction, I think the officer knew where to go."
>he gets PISSED and throws a tantrum
>starts yelling at me almost incoherently, something about me not trusting him and he can't do anything right
>glaring, throws his concert pass/badge thing at me
>I pick it up because I was a submissive doormat
>lucky chance, friend saw the whole thing and drove us back to our car

Thank god I'm out of that relationship.

>> No.9125099

>>9124772
FUCK THAT BITCH. I had similar 'friends' online when I was starting out on Tumblr and they also pulled that 'we totally had sex and I am mega oppreshun because of it' crap, despite never meeting in person. It still makes me mad to think about, I can't imagine how livid you must have been at that girl.

>> No.9125258

I sometimes hang out with a cosplayer at cons. She's sweet and really nice to hang out with in irl. Her internet activities however:

>licks the heels of every cosplayer who (she thinks) is popular in our country.
>has a book with pictures of said popular cosplayers and a description of why they are awesome.
>shares pictures of the book on Facebook and even tags the cosplayers (doesn't matter if you ever spoke to her).
>follows Facebook give aways, cosplayers, yaoi, flavor of the month like a religion.
>fails finals because of it.
>calls her all-girls photoshoots 'delicious fanserves'.
>is of course also a Koreaboo and mimics all the K-stars
>photoshops her chin as bad as Eikkibunny. (The only reason I never posted her here is because I believe she'll grow out of it).
>doesn't realise that nobody is going to believe that that is her real face, when your face, in tagged pictures, is as round as the moon.

She's you typical weeb, who doesn't realise she's creeping out people and that people are making fun of her. I even know that one's cosplayers photoshops class always watch her photos to laugh at and use it as example of what not to do.

Worst part is that I or anybody else can say anything about it, without her weeb friend (who hope to be as "popular" as her) whiteknighting her.

>> No.9125400

>>9125099
Dude you have no idea. It also makes me think twice on if the girl I like really does like girls. I'm just... so beside myself? How can someone do stuff like that? Who tells people who they have sex with anyways? So awkward but I wanna just be successful so when she sees me at a con she might muster up some regret of what she did.
She posted a post about how you should protect LGBT and how dangerous outing others to people can be so she was highly hypocritical and probably hoping by outing me I'd be disowned by my family...

>> No.9125408

>>9125400
>She posted a post about how you should protect LGBT and how dangerous outing others to people can be
There is the vague hope that she learned and has changed. I'm not taking her side, just trying to be optimistic.
Anyway, I hope you can move past that mess.

>> No.9125429

>>9112797
The concept of character birthdays is the absolute worst.

>> No.9125445

>>9117163
Pink sounds absolutely cancerous, why do you have people like that in your life?

>> No.9125616

>>9125408
It was posted while the fiasco was still happening so during the time it wasn't a change of heart (not fully understanding what's vague about it sorry if I'm explaining poorly). I really hope she changed now tho because that would suck to still be lied about to people I know. I hope she's happy/successful enough to not do this anymore (tho idk cause she did this last year and she's stubborn but I hope).

>> No.9125665

>>9113478
>claiming to have a friend cringier than Coloring-chan

How about you tell us the story and let us be the judge of that? :^)

>> No.9125673

>>9111997
This picture triggers me. Fucking hell I went to a Hetalia meet up just like this in 2012. Reminders like this make me want to kms

>> No.9125679

>>9116252
>a theme park with a Snoopy themed childrens area

Carrowinds?

>> No.9125824

>>9125673
>friend was into Hetalia but totally sane
>gets me to joke cosplay with her
>I'd never seen much of Hetalia but I knew the basics
>we decide to go to a photoshoot at con
>walk up, sea of teenaged girls with cameras, all shrieking
>up front is four girls kissing and grinding up on each other for AmericaxEngland ship
>both of us turn around and walk away quick

I've gotten into some trash fandoms in my weeb days but nothing compared to Hetalia. Okay.. maybe Death Note before they outlawed being chained to another person in a convention.

>> No.9125849

Not here often, what the hell is "Donut steel"??

Characters of your own creation??

>> No.9125867

>>9124980
Yuck, yeah, glad you got out of that one.

Reminds me of a story:
>In Japan with husband
>Trying to find our way to a stop on an Evangelion stamp rally
>Stop on stamp sheet only says, "Warudo 9, Shinjuku," and we have no idea what that is so we're just wandering around hoping we'll spot it
>Husband leads as we wander to and fro for a good forty minutes.
>I'm getting frustrated, we've just been going in circles, I have three gum samples I picked up from the same girl we passed three times to prove it
>I suggest we ask a police officer or a station master
>(I hope he'll ask because I'm very shy)
>Husband is SURE we can find it on our own
>I pick up two more samples from walking by that same gum girl two more times over the next half hour
>Reiterate that we should ask for help
>He refuses, he says we can find it on our own
>I've finally had enough, I tell him that I'm taking over
>Go into nearest subway station, nervously fumble through some terrible Japanese to the station master
>The place we're looking for is actually "Wald 9", a movie theater. He kindly gives me a map and marks the path we should take, even points out landmarks to find to make sure we're on the right path
>Husband is really upset, "we could've found it by ourselves! Why did you ask him? We could've done it!"
>Wald 9 was in a completely different area of Shinjuku, it would've taken all day for us to find it
>Husband is fuming the rest of the day
>Gum was good though

Fortunately a lot of good came from it! Somehow that one instance of asking for directions broke down a lot of my shyness and I'm no longer nervous about asking for assistance from authorities like that. Whenever husband and I are lost now, I ask for directions and if he says anything all I have to do is say something like, "Oh? And maybe you can find Wald 9 while you're at it" and he quiets down and lets me get assistance.

>> No.9125868

>>9125849
It's a joke, people making fun of the "Original Character, do not steal!!!" people from places like DA and stuff.

>> No.9125869

>>9125867
Your husband sounds like a manchild but I'm glad you took over and found what you were looking for! I mean there's stubborn pride and wanting to be "the man who doesn't need any damn directions!" and then there's wandering lost in a foreign country because you're too prideful to ask.

>> No.9125874

>>9125429
I actually really like character birthdays. It's fun to see what people do for their favorite characters. I share a birthday with a character I really like, so I bake a cake for him every year. I dress a figure of him up, take lots of pictures of him with the cake, then I get to eat it. It's excellent fun.

>> No.9125903

>>9125867
I hate to be that person, but seriously, what's the deal with some people and asking for directions? It's the silliest thing.

Also, re-reading my posts, I can't believe that I was with that man for nearly five years. There are so many instances of him throwing tantrums, sometimes violent (throwing things, punching things, stabbing things), almost always over something stupid. And the drinking. And the attention-whoring. What the hell was I thinking?

>> No.9128236

>>9125874
Not that anon, but it's cute when you just acknowledge it and celebrate it by yourself or with people who cares about it, not when you make others awkwardly celebrate a birthday party for a fictional character of a series that they might not even know or enjoy as much as you do.

>> No.9128750

>>9128236
That I can definitely agree with. The only way I'd ever get my family involved is to bring them leftover cake. If a friend is interested, sure, but I'd never force it on them. That'd be reaaaaal awkward.

>> No.9128756

>>9125874

>> No.9128901

Back when I was 14 I fell hormones over heels in love with this 20 year old guy. We met at my first convention but thank god he lived far away. I creepily crushed on him in a very forward way, and he admittedly enjoyed the attention. After that con we didn't meet for about a year, but during that he got a girlfriend and broke up with her. Next big con when we met again all attraction that I had bottled up just fizzled out, and I crushed on another guy within the same weekend. Being a dumb teenager is a rush...

Point is that recently, after four years, he got in contact again.
>Asked if I was going to the big summer con
>Yes I was, with a big group of friends
>"Hey cool, now I have a reason to go"
>Only a little bit creepy, but I'm honestly curious to what has happened to this guy
>Agree to meet up and hang out at con, for good old times
>He's bought a day ticket for Saturday, con closes early on Sunday.
>Didn't pay for sleeping arrangements, plans to stay awake all night
>I'm not amused by these plans
>Us hanging out is me leading him about the con area and eating once
>Asks him if he's checked out the con activities
>"Yeah but nothing interested me that much"
>Point out the he loves TCG's, such as Pokemon
>"The pokemon room only had people lounging about with their DS, cards laying visible though"
>"I didn't ask them if they wanted to play"
>Conclude that this loser has come to the con only to be with me
>Drops creepy shit on me
>"I just got a new phone. When I was copying over my contacts it turns out I only have five friends. You're one of them though."
>"If I could do over my past I'd have gotten together with you instead of my ex."
(In all due respect I asked about his ex and she was a SJW witch)
>"Maybe something nice would've happened between us."
>I go back to my original group of friends
>He awkwardly stalks by from time to time
>Find him at 3am sitting in a corner with his phone
>"I want to go home"
>whatdidyouexpect.png

Got more dirt on this one.

>> No.9128983

>>9125679
Carrowinds is the shit, yo.

>> No.9129018

>have friend/ex
>said friend is into videogames but not really up to date on shows/movies, etc.
>every time I mention something that I'm watching or playing, they suddenly get into it
>wouldn't care if they didn't obsess over it and try to talk about it every five minutes
>has happened at least four times over the course of this year with various things
>friend is now starting to do more cons since I've started going to more
>"I think I'm gonna cosplay too!"
>okay.jpg
>ends up cosplaying partner character to a character that I debuted this year, looks awful but it's his first cosplay so whatever
>try not to get weirded out by the fact that he chose that specific character
>"I had so much fun, my next cosplay will probably be xyz!"
>ANOTHER partner character to a cosplay that I've been doing for two years
I'm not saying that people can't cosplay what they want or enjoy the same things that I do (my friends and I have similar tastes) but this one friend takes it to the extreme. It's obvious that they would have zero interests in any of these things normally. I can't tell if this is a misplaced attempt to get me romantically interested again or what but it's annoying. I want to say something but it's not even worth it at this point.

>> No.9129024

>>9128901
Poor guy, you've moved on while he's still looking back wondering "what if".

>> No.9129033

>>9124768
>>my friend and old time family friend (which is like a brother to me) both almost died in the hospital. One was at war and got blown up and the other got shot in the streets (civilian) so I'm a mess trying to ignore it since a month or so ago my other family friend who was essentially my cousin died in combat (military family)

Do you live in Syria or Sarajevo or something?

>>9125400
>Who tells people who they have sex with anyways?

Guys.

>> No.9129063

>>9125679
pretty sure they're talking about knott's berry farm in buena park, ca.

>> No.9129188

>>9113436
>tfw you get cucked by something non-existent

>> No.9129205

>>9128901
>My biggest regret is not dating a 14yo when I was 20
>Nope.jpg

What a pedo, you dodged a bullet anon.

I never trust a creeper's opinion of their ex, it is almost guaranteed to be made up or exaggerated crap to make themselves sound like the same one when really their ex realized how full of shit they are and decided not to put up with it anymore.

>> No.9129313

>>9129024
>Poor guy

this dude sounds like a beta creep to be perfectly honest

>> No.9129355

>>9129313
If you're a beta creep, you never have girls hitting on you. The one exception would burn in your mind for ages.

>> No.9129440

>>9129355
you mean like if a 14 year old had a crush on you when you were twenty so you never forget her and get so desperate you follow the poor girl to a con?

dude's a creep. Can't blame a 14 year old for shitty taste, she's 14 it happens

>> No.9129528

>>9115010
Please get yourself out of this ""friendship"". Easier said than done, but honestly she sounds like nothing but so so so much trouble.

>> No.9129544

>be 21 and slowly leaving cosplay scene
>live in a big city
>18 year old cousin wants to go to con in my city
>offer my place for her to sleep to save on hotel costs
>I personally have work and a presentation this particular friday at my lab
>lab is a few blocks away from convention center and my apartment is similarly nearby (love living downtown)
>figure my cousin can take care of herself but give her my spare key and business card if she needs to get ahold of me somehow
>set my phone on silent for my presentation
>post-presentation, wrapped up and talking with a professor from another university on my research
>in comes cousin cosplaying yuri from god fucking yarichin bitch club
>"Hey anon! I lost your key! sorry! Had to come find you since you weren't picking up your phone!"
>"H-hey yeah cousin, let me wrap up here."

My lab isn't high security and my presentation took place in a seminar hall thats open to anyone. I think my cousin thought it was just the funniest thing but I was mortified. Also she fucking lost my keys. Why is she like this.

>> No.9129617

>>9117176
tell us about how she tried to get you guys to break up

>> No.9129637

>talk about my chords and friend mentions she's a lolita too
>had no idea and super excited
>plan to meet up at a con and check out each others outfits
>she shows up in a bodyline skirt, plain t-shirt, and normie shoes
>dreams of having a lolita friend destroyed

>> No.9129639

>>9129637
>chords
Autocorrect why

>> No.9129649

>>9129063
>>9125679
It could also be Kings Island, in OH. It could be a number of theme parks with snoopy-themed childrens areas, except they already said it wasn't.

>> No.9129675

>Have friend from high school who was one of my bigger geeky friends
>She ends up transferring to the same college as me, which is awesome
>Eventually meet up with her and introduce her to the friends i've met there, including some cosplay pals.
>Things are going great until friend introduces me to a girl she met who lives a floor below her in their building
>She's nice and all, but wants to fit in super badly and it shows. A lot.
>Talk about doing Tokyo Mew Mew group for Otakon, girl isn't familiar with it
>Two days later it would seem she watched the anime and read the entire manga and wouldn't shut up about it for over a week. I love the series, but damn
>Later discover she watched one of the other girls put in her pass on her iPhone 6 and went through her Skype convos with us in order to not be behind on series we enjoy
>She couldn't just ask for suggestions

I don't know what happened to make her like this, but going through Skype conversations unbeknownst to us is just creepy. Shame, because when she isn't full on "I'M COOL TOO GUYS" she's really sweet

>> No.9129706

>>9129649
Knott's is known for its Halloween horror themed festivities in October, which is was what the comment was originally in reference too.

>> No.9129972

>>9124772
>Last I hear she still talks about how she totally had queer relations with me and I fear that she told even mutual friends and they believe her. Whenever I think about it I get so angry
this is fucked up, and if you wanted, you could do the petty thing and point out that this is EXACTLY what "cishet" males do in order to boost their status within their friends group. i don't know if there is a SJW term for it, but lying about a woman's sexual history with you is one of those fucked-up misogynist brodude things that women already deal with too much.

>> No.9129978
File: 259 KB, 373x523, 1467690307377.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9125616
>It was posted while the fiasco was still happening
it is common behavior for a certain type of person to, after they engage in a behavior they know is wrong, loudly and forcefully proclaim how bad it is when others do it. they think it helps cover their tracks in case their victim goes public, while also driving an extra nail through their victim's heart since it fucks with their head and makes them question their own memories/reality.

an example would be someone who abuses their kid in private while gushing publicly over how awful abuse is.

>> No.9129985

>>9125903
>What the hell was I thinking?
the chemicals in your brain responsible for making you feel attachment were functioning a little too well, and probably overriding the danger signals your brain was picking up on.

>> No.9129987

>>9129637
>dreams of transforming friend into a lolita gained
fify

>> No.9130244

>>9129978
A+ choice in image.

>> No.9130261

>>9129985
Yeah, I guess so. The worst part is that I still love him, even though the fog is lifted and I see exactly what a narcissistic manchild he is. I want the attachment to go away.

>> No.9130349

>>9129033
Guys brag to their friends, sure, but I doubt your average everyday dude is going to brag about fucking a girl to her **grandmother**

>> No.9130970

>>9129987
unfortunately she doesn't believe in spending much money on clothes so oh well

>> No.9132730

>>9117403
>>9117863
Holy shit, i cant even imagine adults being like that. Where im from its pretty normal for kids to live with their parents even into their 30s. A lot of them dont have jobs and get fully supported by their parents although theyre all far from being well off. Parents would cry with joy to get them to go outside and get of their computer/not be doing drugs. Granted we do have a public transport system even if its not super reliable and they can walk to major part town/the next town within 30 minutes or so for the most part.

>> No.9132786

>>9121833
Does she realize you can just watch Pokemon on Netflix?

>> No.9132981

>>9132730
Anon with the spoiled girl with dog/lost her car story here.

In my case her parents enabled nearly all her behavior. She even gushed to me at a point how they hated each other but stayed together for her. They even sleep in separate bedrooms. Which okay fine when she's a kid I guess? I don't think it's healthy because in my thinking it just made her believe she's more special than anything else. Also why they didn't separate after she was an adult I'm unsure. Though, I suspect it had to do with how childish she was.