[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 499 KB, 1000x1000, ramensasha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9089129 No.9089129 [Reply] [Original]

Share your feels. Be sure to keep them cgl related.

Previous thread >>9078542

>> No.9089144

I wore my new Lizard (Spider-Man) costume to ABC, and everyone I passed yelled "Here come dat boi! O shit waddup!"

Damn it.

>> No.9089170

>>9087881
>Do you have fond memories to think back to? I think you'd regret not doing it more than doing it. The hollowness of dreaming of what might have been hurts more than the bitterness of what came and went.
Word. It's hard to help, though.

I feel so silly. I only met her irl once.

>> No.9089232

I really want to get back into cosplay but money is tight right now and I'm currently looking to get a new job so I'm not sure where I'll be living so it's hard to plan for cons. I'm so motivated right now but can't do anything about it! Maybe il start planning things out and sketching etc

>> No.9089251
File: 56 KB, 840x630, weebjail.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh god, this happened three years ago and it still haunts me. I was going to take it to the grave.

>on the way home from con
>need potty
>no bathroom for the next 100 miles
>just cleaned car; nothing inside it but my dresses and a fourth-bag of Fritos
>pull over
>sob uncontrollably as I poop on the Fritos

>> No.9089295

>laugh while reading horror stories of cringey weeb friends/stalkers
>doodle at my driver's ed class (I'm 22 and only learning now due to random life circumstances, so I'm the oldest one there)
>girl next to me asks "Are you drawing anime?"
>I'm doodling my bf's favorite character from a series I don't even watch bc I like the design
>I say yes
>she chats me up and asks if I've seen all these series she loves (I haven't because my powerlevel is actually really low compared to your average anime fan)
>she's wearing a Superwholock shirt
>ponies on her purse
>who have I unwittingly befriended

I'm mostly bothered because I mentioned I thought the creator of Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha was the same person, and she authoritatively said they weren't. Googled it as soon as I got home and I was right. Wtf.

>> No.9089309
File: 138 KB, 350x350, fucking carlos.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089251
Free-tos? More like, ... Shee-tos

>> No.9089312

I met a girl at a con who'd be a great replacement for my little sister, but she lives all the way across the country.

Will I never find a new little sis?

>> No.9089316

>>9089295
Your instinct is right. Not the good kind of weeb at all. Avoid.

>> No.9089328
File: 46 KB, 680x528, 1461554171016.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089312

>> No.9089341

>>9089328
My sister moved to Mexico with some Mexican guy, and now I need a new one.

>> No.9089345

>been eyeing AP Tartan Holic JSK and skirt
>JSK in stock, but no monies
>check today and the entire line is gone from the site
>only saw the skirt go up once on LM and seller pulled it not too long after

It'll show up again r-right?

>> No.9089349

>>9089129
> show up to Supercon last Saturday with a buddy who showed interest in hanging out when I told him my plans for the weekend
> get to the entrance and badges are " sold out"
> I already bought mine in advance but friend was short notice and now I'm left with hardly any choices since I drove him there
> I spent a whole hour the day before and the drive there hyping that shit up only to have to turn around at the door
> Sold my badge to some poor soul and turned around
> friend intermittently said sorry on the hour drive back home
> I was the one that invited him which I had to let him know several times but his sorrys still dripped in
> dont think he'll ever take my invite to anything else so grand again since this was the first

Fuck you super. You've never been out of passes and parking sucked this year

>> No.9089359
File: 378 KB, 555x1166, alahu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089312
GO GET HER, BOY~~

>> No.9089362

>>9089345
If they completely removed it from the site, chances are it'll be part of the summer sale coming up. Don't despair anon!

>> No.9089375
File: 25 KB, 232x210, tumblr_m4mhojYocw1r2svv1o3_r1_250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Help friends with numerous cosplays since I've met them
>They all want me to do one too
>Finally tell them how terrified I am of random people taking my picture

I wanna, I really do, but just the thought people stopping to ask if they can take my picture scares me.

>> No.9089380

>been eyeing meta's lucky packs and a couple blouses on closet child
>get paycheck in the mail
>it's more than I expected
>tfw I could pay rent AND get my burando
feels good f a m

>> No.9089389
File: 70 KB, 500x561, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you have no idea how to get weeb friends

>> No.9089396
File: 1.72 MB, 1278x1086, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9089406

>>9089389
Iktf

>> No.9089552
File: 285 KB, 580x282, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> just bought one of my dream dresses
> really wanna wear it
> it's too damn hot outside
> mods recently ruled that only they are allowed to create meetups from now on
> mfw

>> No.9089566

>>9089389
Register for local con forum. Follow for a while. People with similar interests will pop up. Anime club at local uni, game shop maybe. Otaku online groups.

>> No.9089612
File: 62 KB, 750x724, 1454020388713.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every year its the same thing
>Pretty good at making armor
>Pretty shit at sewing, which most armors need at least a tunic
>Girlfriend loves sewing, offers to help
>Month before con, says she wil get to it
>2 weeks, one week, 4 days
>"Hun I REALLY need that tunic done. If your not going to make it just tell me so I can start myself"
>She starts crying saying she will and shes so sorry and blah blah
>Only emotion I can feel is "Are we really wasteing time crying???"

6th year this happend but do I learn? Never. CTcon is in one fucking day.

>> No.9089624

>>9089389
>>9089406
Aren't weebs the easiest to befriend? Unless you're a pretty girl who has desperate guys swoon for you left and right nonstop, then that's just too bad.

>> No.9089629

>>9089612
You gotta be more assertive and not let her get away with it just by crying.

Protip: spank her.

>> No.9089656
File: 96 KB, 756x720, 1466695561323.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw not gay and not into yaoi but going to yaoicon anyway because the only way I can lose weight properly is the thought of looking fat at an event I paid $50 for

>> No.9089663

>>9089612
Why does she delay? Maybe plan a 1 month pre-con cosplay meet with some friends and say it needs to be done by that deadline next year?

>> No.9089671
File: 3.91 MB, 270x263, 1463437947157.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Meet this guy via twitter and we chat back and forth a lot
>We both attend a convention in May and hit it off really well
>End of the weekend comes and we end up making out a bit
>Continue talking/flirting online and via text
>He keeps saying he's going to bus to where I live so we can hang out
>We swap pics and talk about more sexual stuff
>We both attend a convention 2 weeks ago
>We room together, and end up fucking but both are pretty busy throughout the event
>Afterwards he totally ignores me, doesn't message or text me at all, and I'm pretty sure he's muted my twitter
>Noticably flirting with other girls on twitter and shit too
I feel like he was just pretending to be my friend until we fucked, and now that we won't see each other for a long time I'm out of his mind and he's onto the next target.

>> No.9089675
File: 205 KB, 500x500, imouto.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089341
Sorry, dog. Little sisters are irreplaceable.

>> No.9089684

>>9089656
props to you because I paid $100 in February to go to SDCC with a promise to myself that nothing would be more of a determining factor than looking fat in cosplay. Actually, I also went to Hawaii in June and that wasn't even enough motivation.
and I'm still fat, like 15lbs overweight, with 2.5 weeks to go to SDCC. it didn't work. I just gave up on my sailor moon costume. Best of luck to you.

>> No.9089688

>>9089671
>hooking up with someone from twitter

Looks like you got played hard sister. My condolences. Were you hoping for a meaningful relationship out of it? Was he a smooth talker? Good looking, social and outgoing?

>> No.9089691

>>9089624
It might be easy, but its just that i dont know where to look, but i think ill take >>9089566 advice. Already registered on cosplay.com

>> No.9089692
File: 18 KB, 459x327, 1466370469324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I used to have a best friend to go to conventions with during high school and college. Our tastes changed as we got older, but we still put up with each other. Mostly this was her tolerating my lowkey being part of cringy fandoms that she had "outgrown", but she was still a good sport about it
about a year ago she got a bf and suddenly decided that cosplaying and going to conventions was lame. tolerating my stuff went to avoiding me altogether

now I'm going to conventions alone and kind of ashamed of never growing out of my teen weebo phase. we've since gone out of touch with each other, but I can just see her seeing me and looking at me with such disdain.

I can't enjoy things like I used to. going to conventions used to be the best thing ever, but now it's kind of hauntingly sad and lonely. I want to cosplay but I have no motivation and zero skills and at the same time I feel like my youth is wasting away and I have limited time left to properly enjoy these things.

this post turned into a long, blog thing, sorry

>> No.9089695

>>9089688
Definitely not hoping for a relationship, but we were friends long before there was anything sexual between us so I'm disappointed that that's just gone now. He wasn't entirely random though, we ran in very close circles and had a ton of mutual IRL friends.

>> No.9089698

>>9089251
still better than most of the taco-in-a-bag recipes I've seen

>> No.9089702

>>9089695
Guess he cut contact with you because he didnt want you around anymore and didnt want you ringing up or he felt really awkward about the whole ordeal

Maybe you two having sex jeopardized one of his plans on hooking up with another girl? Either way maybe you can try reaching him again, though you might end up only stroking his ego.

>> No.9089713
File: 348 KB, 540x400, finger.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be 25
>never been interested in sex
>join cosplay community
>everyone's fucking each other
>suddenly want to try

Better late than never? ... Is there hope for me?

>> No.9089717

>>9089713
I would also like to know this

>> No.9089731

>>9089713
>>9089717
Before I popped my current gf's cherry she was completely uninterested in sex.

Now she bugs me for it all the time and she's ready almost all the time. If you go fucking around willy nilly then stay safe, you potential fuck toy you.

>> No.9089736

>>9089731
Oh, and I forgot to add...

Make sure whoever you have sex with is experienced and good at it. Too many times people have dismissed sex due to a bad/inexperienced partner.

Though I don't condone casual sex myself, feel free to go bananas. Just dont become a disgusting STD ridden slut.

>> No.9089737

>>9089731
Oh shit I read his post wrong

Guy who posted, sex is AWESOME, do it

My question was if 25 is too old to get play in cosplay circles

>> No.9089746

>>9089737
If you're good looking then no. If you're a guy then it's even better as girls swoon over mature, older and confident men.

>> No.9089865

>>9089170

While I would caution against the kind of courtly love (though I am guessing you interacted with her a lot Online) like that it's not unreasonable or an unnatural feeling - a lot of folks do (albeit often with hindsight) speak of that love at first sight business. And at the very least it's a matter of you saw a gal who made your heart sing and you would have liked to get to know her better. And it's current-year-bongman, I'm starting to feel like more people meet their SO online than offline. Probably not 'more' but damn it must be at least 25%.

You can try to remember that if there's a heaven or afterlife she'll be..well, she'll be getting to be a lolita with Cleopatra and Zenobia and that Shaman Queen of Japan Himiko. But she'll also not want you to scourge yourself and suffer because she died - nor would she want cosplay to become poisoned for you because of her untimely death.

The pain won't disappear but it will ebb away with time, and new encounters and friendships and loves.

>>9089375

y terrified? If it's self consciousness of how you look, just hope you won't come across your picture online? And cosplay up and be with your friends so you aren't alone and you can let one of them answer the "Can I take a picture of you"?

>>9089389
I'd think take the plunge to join >>9089566

>>9089396
Metzametamae

>>9089612

Ride her harder to get the tunic done before the final dash 'till the con. Back at the 2 week mark. Maybe something cute and stupid like make it a date - you'll make dinner for her or order in or something, and you will work on your armor while she does the sewing next to you.

Any chance you got a preferred tutorial or whatever for armor? I'm not as interested in learning to sew as I would be armor

>> No.9089870

>>9089389
As disgusting as the prospect is, try /soc/.

I've made 3 good IRL friends through weeb contact threads there who I'm still friends with to this day, years later. I think I was extremely lucky in that regard, especially considering I live in European country with a population of less than 5 million people.

>> No.9089878

>>9089684

While the tight fitting top of sailor moon is a little unaccommodating, if it's just a little paunch or love handles I'd say not to let that stop you (unless you have another cosplay in mind). There's bound to be girls heavier than you cosplaying stuff much less compatible with their physique, and 15 pounds above doesn't feel like a make or break situation.

(Don't tell me you'll be bestgirl jupiter or I'm going to go L O N D O N)

>>9089692

No need to apologize. That's what this topic is for and the joys of a one off anonymous post on a Bhutanese flying-kite emporium. As long as you are either doing the necessary tasks of adulthood or trying to (and are not 'bad weeb' like anon met >>9089295 ) there is nothing wrong with maintaining that nerdy passion. It's downright normal for those in the ever enlarging weebo/nerdy fandom. She might look at you with disdain but she's ceased to be a best friend, now she's just a rando judging with all the validity of any other rando judging. I imagine we all feel like our youth is wasting away but odds are you feel it's wasting away much earlier than it really would (I'd figure the 'young adult' of the 20s is now extended to early to mid 30s).

I hope you can find friends and company to take the plunge. Try and find a group like >>9089566 said. I know that's scary to take the first step but you can do it. Better you are in the company of people that share your hobby than folks like the old bff. Not everyone manages to keep the friends from their early years - and that's alright! You can meet new people who are even more fun and engaging, or simply are more compatible with you in your current stage.

>>9089746

That's reassuring to hear! Now to just find the confidence I readily have online in person.

>> No.9089883

>>9089736
/r9k/ was right

>> No.9089895

>>9089713
What gender are you? Whats your orientation? I promise this isnt robot or /pol/ posting. I ask because the hurdles you will be facing vary wildly on these factors.

>> No.9089903
File: 41 KB, 690x350, poot[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finally find a picture of me in my cosplay online
>its on 4chan
>shittiest angles and lighting ever I went from a 7/10 to a 3/10
>everyone comments how hideous and gross I look

Every. Fucking. Year.

I take pictures of cosplayers without flash photography because I wouldn't wish that on another human being ever

>> No.9089907
File: 108 KB, 358x355, Lookit this happy fucker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089895

I'm not him but I'm curious for my sake (am >>9089878 ) - are you suggesting hurdles based off that anon's prior disinterest in sex, or something else? (in my case male, 'straight' but down to top passable m-t-f or traps. 2 years older than that anon, probably 3 years by the time I'd be able to join a group).

>>9089903

Jesus christ that does capture the terror of flash. Take solace that it's just 4chan and bantz and shitposting is the norm, the usual business of average or downright below average folks themselves going "2/10 would not bang" to people who outside of the wild west of anonymity would either not be so critical or be downright thirsty. Still know how discouraging it is to see such an unflattering pic, though. And to be a cheeky cunt,

>> No.9089986

>Moved to my current state two years ago
>Finally started going to cons here this year
>Meet some decent cosplayers, take some pictures, even have some add me on Facebook
>Nobody ever talks to me outside of cons (get some Facebook messages but they don't go anywhere)
>Most of the people in the con groups seem like huge weebs/cringey
>Try to get involved in two big cosplay charity groups because everyone seems nice
>I don't have a superhero/Disney costume so pretty much screwed and can't participate at events
>Mfw I STILL don't have any friends here despite trying
Going to cons with my sister is getting sad.

>> No.9089990
File: 89 KB, 704x960, image:29793.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had my first break up ever months ago. It was emotionally easy in the start since I was just too pussy to do it earlier but my ex managed to make it a hell. First clinging to me like a baby, crying and being manipulative. When I finally got rid of him he would become difficult to deal with and mean. At the same time I was tired and hurt by the things he said but the things he had done me while we were still together started to bother me. While it has made me even more happier that I'm over him I just can't get over it and stop thinking what could have happened. He was a total nutjob, I missed all the basic redflags and he would have hit me eventually (he was already yelling at me, one time grabbed my arm and held it so hard it hurt and didn't let go). While it might be finally over as he got his last things yesterday, I'm emotionally so tired and the things still go around in my head. I just want to forget, I'm in new relationship which I'm absolutely happy in. I used to get power from lolita but now it just seems too much and I feel somehow uneasy sometimes. I just wan't to enjoy my frills and life like I used to before that manbaby started to fuck with me.

>> No.9090006
File: 343 KB, 800x534, aoki2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>slightly fucked up teeth and ugly wide horse/lizard hybrid smile
>look cute as long as I stick to a more subtle, closed-mouth Misako smile (pic related)
>whenever other people take a picture of me they yell at me to smile
>at recent meetup the photographer actually refused to take my picture until I smiled super wide and showed my crooked teeth
>ended up looking deranged in every single picture
>photog gets passive aggressive when I only share my own outfit selfie online and not any of the pictures she took

I try so hard to keep my mouth under control and convey emotion with my eyes but it's becoming more and more common for people taking my picture to literally refuse to press the button until I show teeth. It annoys me most when it's other lolitas doing it, because the soulless closed-mouth smile is so common with lolita models and should be more acceptable IMO. Why aren't I allowed to keep my mouth closed in pictures? Fuck off.

>> No.9090008

>>9089129
This thread is guaranteed to be good

>> No.9090014
File: 165 KB, 500x395, tumblr_inline_o733b0lgNA1qmoaae_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089986

Whatcha cosplaying? You may need to swallow the bitter pill and accept some slightly weeby sorts to open the door to less weeby. But otherwise try and find a group relevant to your cosplay? Keep putting yourself out there. And it's good you have such a good friendship with your sister! At least I hope so. You'll find friendos.

Speaking from my own perspective I know my biggest challenge is opening up to people and also being willing to approach them rather than expect an invitation.

>>9089990

You're free of that trouble and dangerousness now, that's what matters and is important. Dealing with such abusive fuccbois or bitches is a rite of passage and you'll be better able to see the redflags in the future. Don't feel like you have to be on 24/7 - you can get your batteries to recharge and deal with happier, milder things with your new partner. Take time out for yourself - whether that's lolita shopping or a lolita-break, don't feel the need to go ambitious and hard as a motherfucker until you've rested and refreshed.

Coulda woulda shoulda'll kill your mental wellbeing. What's done is done and hindsight is valuable only for planning ahead into the future, you can't change the past.

>>9090006

I dunno lolita but, horrible stereotyping ahead, don't the Japanese find that crooked teeth endearing? That photographer is a real asshole though, height of rude. Maybe you need to find a new one who isn't so pushy and inconsiderate. I hear you there though, while I've grown to love my canine fangs I do not have a face to smile all toothily. Not everyone does, some are

Smiling lizards are cute though, and so are you.

>> No.9090021

>>9090006

>whenever other people take a picture of me they yell at me to smile

I feel this on a spiritual level anon
I had horribly crooked and fucked up teeth till i was like 14, then hideous braces that pushed my upper lip outwards and made me look like a duck from the side. Literally every school photog or family member would insist that I smile with my crooked mecha teeth sticking everywhere, it was awful.

Then when I started smiling after my braces were removed, everyone was like 'see? such a pretty smile!!!'. Like yeah... cause the braces are gone and my teeth are fixed...

>> No.9090026

>>9090014
I cosplay from cartoons but either they're not kid friendly or they're too "old" for kids to get it. I'm also into a lot of horror. I feel like things would be way easier for me if I was still as into anime/manga but I'm trying to branch out to comicons.

I should just bite the bullet and be a bit more open. I'm just so worried about befriending someone really creepy because that's happened to me before :/. I always get a few random guys from the con groups trying to add me whenever I post so I'm a bit wary of saying "hey who wants to be my friend?"

>> No.9090035
File: 183 KB, 1000x989, 432848294924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090026

The horror angle makes me think it'd be a good in route. I have to imagine there's a sub-culture for horror stuff in cosplay (pyramid head and all that shit) that would be a good avenue to go down. Speaking of anime/manga, why not try and check up some horror anime/manga? I can't imagine people cosplay Junji Ito but maybe some of the stuff that dabbles in elements of horror - berserk, gantz(? I dunno if that is good or has horror but some of the pics I've seen is rather spooky in that eldritch way), lots of the new stuff I dunno of like that parasyte thing.

Unfortunately creepy types exist in the fandom world and I think it's fair to say doubly so among us guys for you gals. Most are harmless beyond making your nerves curdle, but I can't speak to better ways to see red flags or avoid them. I guess the best approach is to just be able to firmly and quickly cut off ties if they start setting of flags - I'd think most people will turn away someone who goes 100% creepy right away but the problem is when they slowly start to reveal it, most people not being good at 'breakups'.

Maybe a good way is to continue down that route of larger groups you can flit in and out of. I hate to say it but it may be a hangup of that fear of befriending anyone for fear of them being a creeper that is a real strong hindrance. Friendship is normally two-to-tango. You gotta approach as well as be approached. Sometimes you'll be really lucky and have a good gregarious genki person to go and pull you in - but they can be bad juju too.

>> No.9090063

>>9090035
>I can't imagine people cosplay Junji Ito
I'm actually planning a Tomie cosplay for next year lol. Don't know how many people will actually recognize it but I've been wanting to cosplay her for awhile now. There was a horror con near here a few months back but I couldn't make it/found out about it too late. I should try to get into some more shows. Berserk is on my list.

I definitely have a hard time reaching out to people because I've just dealt with some real creeps/assholes or I always feel like I'm being annoying. I'm trying to be better about it. My next goal is to try and make it to one of the build parties that this one charity group has.

>> No.9090070
File: 749 KB, 920x823, 1466433173566.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090063

You can do it. I'd think those who are most self-aware and self-conscious of being an ass are the last type to be it, so you are not annoying. Think of the people that go "I hate Drama" but end up being dramatic - they aren't neurotically worried about causing drama who wouldn't actually cause the drama.

Just remember you have a value and a worth and you're not just taking up space. People who share your interests and behavior/lifestyle will welcome and appreciate your company.

Berserk is good, just plz don't check out the latest cinematics from the video game or recent thing that came out. Plz, for your sanity's sake don't. It's so bad.

But the manga and the original series (maybe the semi recent remake, I didn't see that but I read/saw the originals)? Those are fantastic. Little strange how the series was dark in a reasonable way and then I saw the manga and shiitt it was rape and murder every other page.

But you got this. Only other thing I can think of is maybe if it could work to do something more accessible for laypersons towards horror as an ice-breaker to get to know people. Like Silent hill, resident evil, something bloodborne-y.

>> No.9090076

>>9090014
>>9090021
Thanks for your support, anons. Unfortunately it's more an issue of my top and bottom teeth not fitting together due to an under/crossbite, and my upper lip disappearing when I smile so I look like the lower half of my face is made of tiny misaligned teeth. It would probably take jaw surgery to fix.

People's obsession with seeing teeth in pictures really pisses me off. I used to have a friend who would also force me to show my teeth in every photo (to the point of tickling me until I couldn't keep my mouth closed, then taking a picture) and she kept saying I would be thanking her later for all the "genuine" pictures of myself smiling. I don't. I blame her for making practically every picture of myself as a teenager look like shit.

>> No.9090139

>drafted a pattern for cosplay
>ok looks good, time to make a mock-up
>oops, I'm out of muslin
>fuq it I'm just gonna skip making a mock-up and hope for the best
>probably not the wisest decision in my life but you live and you learn, right?
>it comes out great
>crisis averted, phew

>> No.9090140

>>9090070
Thanks, anon! I plan on starting with the Berserk manga since I've heard terrible things about the new series.

I did a zombie nurse way back when for a zombie walk one year but never specifically Silent Hill so that's definitely one I could add to the list.

I have my first Artist's Alley table coming up soon so I'm hoping that I'll be able to meet some people there with shared interests.

>> No.9090147

>parents divorced, dad hasn't talked to me in years, saw him at occasional funeral but never talked
>he randomly texts me
>asks if I already bought a sewing machine and books for school (fashion design major)
>"well I did just buy a new machine. It cost me about $100"
>"what no anon!! Let's go out and get you a decent $500 one"
>he takes me out later that week and we buy a Janome 7330 (that I can trade in at 100% once I improve) and a travel case for it, plus tons of notions and some fabric.
>then we go out to eat and I discover I actually like talking to him as a person
>before he drops me off he tells me to let him know when I need my books and if I ever want to go fabric shopping.

I'm really happy guys! My mom's fiancé says it's the least he can do for not being an actual father throughout the years, but I'm really happy how he's making an effort to be apart of my life again.

>> No.9090173

>>9090147
That's sweet, anon.

>> No.9090176

>>9090147
I'm happy for you, Anon.

>> No.9090199

>>9089907
Im suggesting that a heterosexual woman who is a virgin at 25 looking to try sex is going to have different hurdles than a heterosexual 25 year old male, which will be different to a 25 year old lesbian ect ect ect.

So youre a 27 year old male? Whats your sexual history?

>> No.9090217
File: 83 KB, 960x540, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think I need advice
>have amazing perfect boyfriend
>white, taller than me, muscular, beautiful face
>a weird-o but he knows nothing about anime but cosplays with me and I am literally in love with him
>were getting married in January
>yesterday I feel a little distance coming from him, weird, but I can sense it
>he's using his phone a lot and dm-ing Some one on Insta
>he opens it in front of me, it's a girl that keeps asking to hang out, and saying "no offense but you're too handsome for her" (me)
Who's that?
>he turns to me and tells me it's his ex from highschool
Backstory, they got In a huge fight and he tried killing himself because she didn't want him and he went to the hospital and everything because I think he down like two bottles of some pills

(Cont)

>> No.9090239

>>9090217
>his entire family knows it was because of her
>I'm completely shocked, I've seen her name pop up before on his phone, but once I went through his messages on Insta (we know each other's passwords on our phones) my messages were there but hers were deleted
>I get up and walk away (we were sitting on a couch) saying "I can't believe you"
>he follows me, starting to sound super panicky
>please please let me talk and explain please
>begging me, and this surprised me so much I almost forgot why I was angry
>he was scaring me, I've never seen him act this way, literally almost a panic attack is unfolding
>we starting going back and forth, I'm crying saying he hurt me because I know after collage he still fucking has feeling for a highschool chick he almost killed himself over
>I've literally never seen him this much in a panic, he's saying he can't lose me, he loves me, I don't understand, he's shaking
>I'm still so surprised, but I can see now how because of someone he loved he would kill himself
>ended up he's been sorta texting her, that irritates me, but he hasn't planned on meeting with her or anything
>btw she's a single mom with two small children
>I'm mad, but this is nothing to break up with him over, even though he's been hiding things from me
>he starts crying and saying "please"
>I finally give in and just kiss him
>he kisses me hard, squeezes so hard I feel like I'm getting crushed
>I can tell he's really surprisingly sorry, he's crying and shaking
>tell him I love him, he says it back
Yadda yadda,
He's now being super nice and kissing up, I tell him never to talk to her again block her, he agrees saying its not worth our relationship with each other
I literally never had seen that side of him of strait panic, I'm talking pacing, talking to himself, grabbing his face ect

And now I also feel ill never be able to break up with him because he might hurt himself again.

I'm still worried he'll try and talk to her, but maybe I'm overreacting?

>> No.9090245

>>9090239
Ur too young to get married should hold that off

>> No.9090248

>>9090239
red flag red flag red flag

>> No.9090249

>>9090239
>>9090217
No, considering the fact he deleted the messages. THAT itself is super fucking shady, my bf is pretty handsome and some girls text him from work asking him out, trying to flirt with him and he always declines and never flirts back/says in a relationship and doesn't fucking delete their messages.

He broke your trust and also, the fact that he tried committing suicide over someone says a lot over that persons mental health. In this case, it wasn't very fucking good and this person is very weak mentally.

The fact that he let it get to the point where she's insulting you, and he (i'm assuming) didn't defend you and is even having a lot of conversations with her which means he was being an active member talking to her.

You shouldn't have had to tell him not to talk to her, or even delete the messages.

While you may not think it's something to break up over, it's definitely something to worry about

Because your bf sounds weak as fuck and if he's already catching feelings for his ex who has two fucking kids and letting her talk shit about you to him.

You're in trouble in that relationship.

Especially since you're worried about him trying to fucking talk to her again. That's a huge red fucking flag.

Also, your bf is weak. So take that into account. If he can be easily pulled by his ex, and wanting to commit suicide over a breakup.

He's mentally weak.

>> No.9090250

>>9090239
I was with a guy exactly like this.

He still talked to her again and every fucking time I found out it went like this

>I asked you to stop!
>I KNOW IM SORRY LET ME EXPLAIN
>You promised you would!
>IM SO SORRY PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME

and he would panic and threaten to hurt himself and cry and tell me how much he loved me, but everytime I gave in he just broke promises and hurt me again. No matter how sorry he seemed at the moment he never ever could just stop talking to her.

Funny enough after all his "I will die without you" speeches he did infact manage to keep leaving when I broke up with him

Be careful anon, this is not a guy I would want to get married to.

>> No.9090252

>>9090250
*keep living

But seriously please cancel the wedding and go be with someone who will treat you right.

>> No.9090276

>>9090239
If he really loves you, he can let you go.

This was the hardest thing I've ever had to do with my gf of 7 years who loved me but couldn't be with me seriously because I'm a freak and she needed someone she could show her family and coworkers and be proud of.

If he can't let you go he doesn't actually love you, true love is wanting your partner to be happy in the end, even if that person it's with isn't you.

Also I know all about suicidal ideation since I deal with it daily now, but it wouldn't be fair to her if I told her that or kept her back in life from moving on from being happy.

I wish someone else would kill me though so my pain would end and she wouldn't feel to blame.

>> No.9090287

>>9090276
The issue isn't him being suicidal now...the issue is him being a super shady cunt.

>> No.9090288
File: 368 KB, 945x574, 4U.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I attended a con recently and spent an evening with some really fun people from the board. It's hard though because it was the first time in several years I felt that level of fun and feeling of belonging with people. It reminded me at the end what a stark contrast and empty life I have now though after, on returning to my hotel that night I just sobbed in the bathroom so my roommates couldn't hear. Funny how much some random people from the internet can affect your life and remind you what it feels like to be alive again, something I guess I had tried to numb away to ignore the lows.
I cant really message the people I met because I'd rather not bring them down, and hell they owe me nothing, not even the time to listen to me since I'm just a random. I love them so much though.

Sorry for the rambling folks, just the con feels.

>> No.9090289

>>9090287
well yeah, all of that shows he doesn't really love her. I just wanted her to realize that if he really loved her maybe she's have a reason for wanting to be with him still, but that isn't the case.

If the other chick had gone for him I have no doubt that he'd have been fine with her breaking off the wedding.

>> No.9090291

>>9090289
Oh, alright gotcha.

Hope your suicidal stuff gets better anon.

>> No.9090298

Does anyone else get that feeling of annoyance when they see someone that doesn't have a job or responsibilities get to go to so many events and meet so many people? I work part-time, go to school, pay bills and I still somehow manage to budget for cons and cosplay.

These people just spend money like nothing (I'm guessing because it isn't there's so who cares?) and it irritates me. The few cons a year that I get to go to are fun but it's kind of disheartening seeing the people that don't work for anything that still seem to get things handed to them.

I'm really just bitter that I have a friend that doesn't work and gets to go to events nearly every week because her boyfriend pays for everything for her.

>> No.9090301
File: 15 KB, 250x220, red-flag.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090239
>but once I went through his messages on Insta (we know each other's passwords on our phones) my messages were there but hers were deleted

>> No.9090309

>>9090289
I think he truly does love me, he's put up with me a lot. He cares about my hobbies and doesn't mind them, he knows I'm a little needy and I get upset and stressed easily and he's always been there for me. But last night, it was just something so new. I think I'm going to put up a huge guard and I'm going to reference I don't completely trust him anymore/for now, and see if he truly is going to stay away from her.
Honestly, I think he might be so addicted to her he can't let go, and I don't know if that's something I or him can control. We're on good terms this morning and we've been holding eachother super close since last night, but I can't stop drifting off to the thoughts that he kept her from me. He says he just talked to her because he "forgave her" but I'm not having that at all, forgiving her or not.
And I know for sure now after last night he's unstable, but I don't think that's a reason to find someone else because it's not his fault he's mentally unstable, but I will keep up a guard.
Thanks gulls, it feels so good to talk to someone because I can't really talk to any of my friends or family about this because everyone knows we have such a good relationship with each other.

One think I think I might do is tell his mom that he's talking to her again, because his mom loves him and she was there when he took the helicopter to the hospital when he tried to kill himself, and the least thing I can do is protect him even if I don't stay with him so his mom can be on the lookout that he might go crazy with this chick again.
I know she knows how toxic she is because she went through the suicide thing with him the whole time...

>> No.9090319

>>9090309
Things always get better after the fight. For a while he'll be great, may not even talk to her! Things could be great for months! But he'll do it again, and this time he will either hide it better or you will find out faster.

I've lived through this multiple times, drop him, he does not truly love you, he CAN control this, its called getting help if he honestly thinks he can not stop talking to her on his own will. He can close his accounts, make new ones, have you watch over every single account he has.

But why torture each other like that? Just leace the man so he can obsess to his hearts desire since it apparently means more to him than being with you. It takes two to tango, dont place all the blame solely on his ex, he chose to talk to her, and he chose to hide it from you.

>> No.9090322
File: 29 KB, 400x214, 1467805081693.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is going to sound really stupid and petty and special snowflake-y but seeing all these cute petite Asian girls wearing lolita and other girly jfash is wearing down my self esteem and making me feel very out of place when I dress up.
I'm not fat, I'm actually pretty thin, but at 5'8' with size 9 feet, broad shoulders, and man-jaw, I feel like a dude in a dress despite being born female. My facial bone structure and shoulder/hip ratio make me look somewhat androgynous, to the point that when I had short hair and even now sometimes with long hair, people would mistake me for a man.
And it's not just like being fat where I could lose weight, invasive surgery would be the only way to change my face to be cute and v-shaped and I can't change my height or shoe size or shoulder width no matter what.
I try my best when I wear coords, I do my makeup and hair and nails but I can't do much to change the weird color of my skin that's a product of being half white/half latina.
I just want to be pale and small and cute so I can look good in jfash and it's just unattainable and crushing me

>> No.9090326
File: 3.15 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090301
Like I said, I know I'm being competent ignorant right now in totally possibly believing him, but he said he would cut off all contact with her because I asked.
I'm a stressed anxious paranoid small skidish cat, so if he talks to her again it's completely over, I won't subject myself to any pain. It'll hurt dropping him because I truly believe he was my soulmate, but I'll be alone by myself the rest of my life if I'm going to be in pain.

Pic related I need to find a cat because they calm me down beyond belief

>> No.9090331

>>9090309
Listen to >>9090319
Hope you don't regret it, you most likely will though. Because he's not gonna change. Don't be stupid.

>> No.9090334

>>9090326
Stop thinking you're paranoid omg. You're in the complete right to be weary and stressed.

>> No.9090340

>>9090334
It's almost amazing really, after this I'll trust myself more than anyone. It was about a week back I noticed her name pop up more often then I should just ignore, and the deleted messages and the air around him. That gut feeling is what I'll always now know and trust no matter what. I knew something was off.

>> No.9090357

>>9090340
I hope he changes because what he's doing hurts like a bitch. Definitely trust yourself more and don't let him manipulate you.

>> No.9090358

I turned 19 yesterday and I'm so done with everything. Haven't had any real time for cosplay or art or anything in three years because I went to a high performance school, as it turned out for the wrong subject, and have been completely exhausted for so long now. And now I have to go to a university to study something I don't really care about and move out even though the housing market here sucks and try to find a job even though the job market here sucks. And I'm not sure if I can ever pick up my hobbies, or life, again or if I'm just stuck here doing some shit job in a shit country while living the most boring life possible.

>> No.9090364

>>9090358
Just marry another cosplayer in a different country and move, not even joking.

>> No.9090383

>>9090340
Please, please, don't jump the gun on this matter. Take your time with your decision and if possible also discuss it with someone else who actually knows your boyfriend, the idea to talk with his mother is a safe bet. While I don't agree with what he has done it has to be said that we're all too human at times and how you two deal with each other during these times of vulnerability will ultimately decide if you were meant for each other. Finger pointing and wagging will not solve your problems, but will only serve to accelerate a messy breakup. Remember that the gulls who have been suggesting brash decisions don't know you or him. Best of luck.

>> No.9090386
File: 476 KB, 500x281, 1334837846945.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090326

Sorry to hear you're having to deal with all that.

>> No.9090390

>>9090358
Oh My God, I also turned 19 yesterday! :O I'm from the Nordics however but it's so cool that we are born on the actual same day!

>> No.9090400

>>9090390
>tfw no teen Scandinavian loli goddess gf

>> No.9090401

>>9090322

Nah, it's not special snowflake or petty. I half feel like 'everyone' has a bit of body envy - bigger girls with larger tits wish they were small and petite, small and petite girls wish they were taller with larger breasts, I wish I was taller and more manly looking while big burly guys wish they were the little girl (or were slim and sleek). Life's a real cunt when it comes to giving us the bodies we wish we had.

I hope in time you can learn to appreciate your own beauty and features even if they aren't your ideal.

>>9090358
I'd think you have plenty of time to change it up at 19. You're not set in your ways, you don't have a kid or an obligation that demands you stay and be stuck doing a shit job in a shit country. If you're the audacious brave type you can >>9090364 but you can also just do a real paradigm shift - drop the high performance stuff, follow your passion. We usually can't have it both ways (good money and good passion/enthusiasm/doing what we love) so you might have to work a shit job but do what you love in your off-time.

>>9090298

Envy is a hell of a drug - and don't feel bad or guilty for it. Everyone is envious of someone at some point for some reason (and someone is envious of you for having your life in such order - such as me!). It's natural to feel envy but for the sake of our mental well-being we have to reign it in and contextualize it. It's definitely irritating to see someone coasting along like that, but I'd take solace that they are likely to have some comeuppances in their future - that sugar daddy won't last forever, or her looks will fade and getting a new sugar daddy will be harder, or she feels ennui and shame for not working.

>> No.9090407
File: 149 KB, 1632x918, Khajiit stole nothing, Khajiit is innocent of this crime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have another cat >>9090326

>>9090288

That is good if still emotional feels. I hope to be in your shoes in the future and to dismiss the numb melancholy that has woven itself so tightly inside of me. But please do message them about fun stuff and doing stuff with them because you have the potential for your life to not be hollow and empty. You found fun and solidarity and a sense of belonging with them and that is important. Even if it isn't with that same group of people you'll find it again at another con, and you'll spend more evenings with fun seagulls - or fun other people!

>>9090199
I'm a little embarrassed to admit fairly threadbare in real life but much more 'experienced' online, skype phone sex and such. I don't know why I feel so much more confident and playful and charming online..well no, I know why, there's no sense of physical insecurity and awkwardness. Why I need to work on that with losing weight and lifting even if that won't be a perfect panacea I'm sure it'll help take the edge off. Forget I said anything, I am just a nervous nelly.

>> No.9090427
File: 45 KB, 500x680, 802[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090217
>>9090239
>being beta af over someone who literally left you for dead
I honestly ended up in the hospital due to a suicide attempt after my ex (only friend at the time) started ignoring me and told all his own friends to drop contact with me leaving me with none. - and became depressed for 2+ years because of it. I wish he at least told me he hated me. It really fucked me up.

If I had the chance to see him today I'd probably deck him in the face.
your boyfriend is a weak asshole who seems to be using you as a rebound for her and idolizes the idea of a relationship with her more than the relationship he already has. Why else would he freak out like that? She's a manipulative cuntweed who just wants a baby daddy, after popping out two kids its hard to date so she's probably looking at your boyfriend as the only person leech off of.

If he does that shit again do NOT let him cute his way back to you. deny kissing him or any affection. Fucking go.

if you leave him, he's going to go right back to her like you were nothing. think about that. and she'll eventually hurt him once more and it'll be pretty much like pic related.

if he hurts himself its due to his own damn stupidity

>> No.9090430

>>9090364
Not pretty or brave enough for that, unfortunately.

>>9090390
... I'm also from the Nordic region, though a pretty shit part in many regards.

>>9090401
I've been trying to do that over the summer but it hasn't been going too well, it's work 6-4 most days and then total exhaustion the rest of the time. And, and I know how dumb this sounds, most of my friends are high performance people who are becoming doctors and engineers and what not and I feel like I'll just see myself as the local fuck up if I quit that path to become some poor fuck writer or something.

>> No.9090443

>>9090430

It's not dumb, but it is 'unreasonable'(? Better word for it than that) for yourself. At the end of your life you won't get bonus points for being a doctor or an engineer or something high performance beyond extra monies. Maybe a higher sense of value or worth but that isn't worth much if you hate yourself and your work because of it. I'm not knocking those STEM things, they are clearly impressive and high performance work and are to be commended for their hard as nails work - but it's not what everyone is cut out for it.

Though yeah I'll admit that unless you are okay being a starving artist (or make mad bank doing smutty commissions) that just doing that artistic stuff is not usually a safe option unless you are very talented or very lucky. But it is possible to do if you don't mind doing shit-jobs to make ends meet while you do your artistic pursuits. But there might be other, slightly less intense and high performance options you could do. Veterinarian instead of doctor, nurse instead of doctor (then again what I hear of nurses is they are higher intense than doctor but less pay), something IT or some shit instead of engineer.

>> No.9090453

>>9089865
We try but her new job has alot of hours so I try not to push too hard for my shit and then my niceness comes back at me.

For my armor though, no tutorials in particular. Years of practice kind of made my own style. I do recommend this though: think of comfort first. My first set of armor was plated mail and leather. I couldn't sit in it and taking it off took 15 minutes just to have lunch. Since them I have learned to make armor with the same quality, but can break away and dosnt weigh a ton. I 100% recommend Eva foam armor. Also baby powder.

>> No.9090551

>>9089671
wow what a slut

>> No.9090565
File: 94 KB, 720x960, infinity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>no cons for three months
>con crush moved six hours away by plane
>starting new job; still in stressful learning stage
>no Pokemon Go in my country yet
>gf left me for richer but inappropriately older guy

Shit.

>> No.9090572

>>9090322
I don't think it sounds petty, but I'm sorry to see you making yourself miserable over really unattainable things. You have some good attributes according to your post, and also why not make the most of what you CAN change? Work with what you've got because it sounds pretty good. If looking more androgynous bothers you (though it's very fashionable right now) learn more girly makeup style and contour to soften your face, also you can wear very feminine clothes and hairstyles, for example. Just don't waste your life wishing for the impossible.

>> No.9090587

>>9089695
I hooked up with a girl from twitter, fucked like rabbits at a con, both of us were busy but still keen on hanging out.
Her friend really ruined the mood though, shlickblocking for attention, really super needy so we didn't get to do the romantic dinner date I wanted to do.
My point is, there's some combination of shit going on, and most likely scenario is the easiest one- the guy is a scumbag. I've been chatting up the girl I had fun with literally nonstop just like we did beforehand.

If he comes to you two months down the road after not talking to you at all looking to hang out, don't be a doormat. Just let what you want from him and that friendship you had in the past go, you aren't going to get to put a nice bow on this.
If I were you, I'd explain that there's drama you didn't expect to deal with to your IRL friends. Best to go one on one, ask for advice, most importantly, let them know you aren't looking to get anything from him but want to make sure the connections you made through knowing him will stay intact.

>> No.9090601

>>9090565

Sorry to hear that mate. I imagine your GF will be fucked and chucked by the older guy once she gets too old for him or he finds a new shiny bauble.

You'll do good with the new job, the start is always the hardest part.

>>9090453

Good on you to be considerate of her situation. I don't think she's being maliciously 'selfish' so much as just having terrible planning coordination and a propensity for being scatterbrained or just easy to lose track.

If I were you rather than a firm hard push I would just bring it up frequently but in an inoffensive fashion. When you both have that free time, however small, do the little date thing, or just see daily if she could do the tunic for you. "Hey hon you free to work on that tunic today? No? Gotcha, you'll do it when you have the time. :3". Now if she is clearly and flagrantly ditching working on it to do fun stuff herself that's a bit more complicated, but even then it could be a case of wanting to relax after a long day at work.

Also maybe see about doing a quid-pro-quo sort of thing to help her timewise. If she sews you'll do a grocery run for her, or you'll do some errand she needs.

>> No.9090608
File: 76 KB, 816x780, tumblr_nz7xpfaxHV1v0j9kdo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090601

Meant to add you don't need to be a pushover (like I sounded like up there), just that it may be better to apply a slight pressure earlier and softer than a 23rd hour before go-time "oh FUG DDDDD: why didnt you do de sewin its too lade"

And that makes me realize it's godawful dank memes to cosplay but I fucking love Spurdo Sparde and Gondola, and that could be a cheap and retarded cosplay to do.

>> No.9090617

>boyfriend and I pay for each other semi regularly and equally
>he works full-time and I work part-time minimum wage but he has more bills to pay than I do
>recently lent him twenty bucks for him to buy lunch and stuff for a few days before he got paid, was implied that it was lent
>bought a sixty dollar con badge for him a couple months ago, that he was also supposed to pay me back for
>he's getting yearly bonus soon, already making plans to put some money down for drugs with his friends
>but I also know he's planning on giving his ex money to pay back what she loaned him before they broke up
>still hasn't mentioned paying me back or anything
>I'm a pussy about money and don't know how to ask

It's frustrating because I drive out to see him a lot, and he likes to go out for food or to the bar a lot and I spend a lot of money for him, basically. I don't have too many bills and I'm happy to pay for dates sometimes, obviously, but I also have lolita I want to buy and I'm just kind of grumpy about it all. He is not very responsible with his money. Not usually my business but it's frustrating when he promised to pay me back, or take me out to somewhere nice and then all of a sudden his money's find and he can't buy he managed to drop acid.
I'm in school for what will eventually be a very comfortable and high paying job, and he even talks about how I'll be the breadwinner and I don't know how I feel about it when he can't even save enough money and prioritize me enough to pay me back seventy bucks.

>> No.9090620

>>9090617
Money's gone but he managed to*, sorry

>> No.9090628

>>9090617
This doesn't sound very equal to me. Next time he starts dividing up his bonus, casually ask him to factor in your money too please, you have a dress buy to budget for coming up. (Because don't all lolitas always have a dress buy coming up?)

I'd seriously reconsider the breadwinner thing for your future though, especially if he's buying drugs and partying. The fact that he owes his ex still, that kind of makes this look like a bad pattern for him.

>> No.9090633
File: 1.81 MB, 2448x3264, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090427
I was acting mopey at the gym today and he noticed it, and when he asked me what's wrong I told him I'd talk to him in the car.
When we got in the car I told him I couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night, and he replied with "I'm so sorry.."
And then I told him "if you ever talk to her again.. I'm going to break up with you immeadiatly and leave." And he said "deal."
So it sounds like he may actually be serious about not talking to her, but my guard is up regardless. But like I said if he talks to her again I'm completely finished. I -will- protect myself.

>> No.9090644

>>9090617
Tell him you'd like to have a talk about money and then lay out how you feel. My husband is shit with money as well, but I will come out and tell him when he's done things I disagree with, no qualms.

>> No.9090669

>>9090358
Anon, I felt the exact same way at nineteen, to the point where ER visits happened and I was medicated to the gills. Three years on, I really like my course even though it wasn't my original plan, I have time and money for my hobbies, awesome friends, and am generally happy because life is good.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it probably isn't a train. Moving out, becoming independent and having to adult were what got me out of my rut! it might help with yours too.

>> No.9090675

>>9090026
>>9090140
Berserk is a great manga but its not really horror, its like grimdark midieval stuff. If you like horror id recommend frankenfran, really underappreciated series. Id also recommend checking out Dorohedoro, it has this 1980s delinquent feel to it, think Akira, with gangs and no fucks given lifestyle for violence and pretty spook character designs (most of the characters wear masks)

>> No.9090695

>>9090239
I think it's worth confronting him about why they were talking to each other. If he had the balls to show you who he was messaging then he should have the balls to talk to about it.

Personally, it's dumb to break up with someone over something that obviously needs to be cleared up first. He does have his reasons and you actually should know them.

>> No.9090701

>>9090675
Thanks, anon! I'll check those out

>> No.9090716
File: 373 KB, 425x600, watacest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090601
Thanks I guess.

I'm just sad, thinking about all the couples cosplay we'll never do now. We were gonna be Team Rocket grunts...

>> No.9090740
File: 510 KB, 1024x768, 6608207097_7e2c86bce6_b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090633

Just better make sure you hold yourself to it. It's easy for us to excuse lapses in judgement or minimalize said lapse in judgement ("he didn't delete his texts this time" "He told her he would stop talking to her after this time") for people we care(d) about.

Just hold yourself to it, and maybe get some friend to hold yourself to it too. That helped a friend of mine who was inclined to give a real bad passive aggressive fuckboy type the time of day - not a boyfriend in her case though he tried to be a swooper, but her friends made sure to keep her firm and committed to not giving him any chance.

Especially important if your BF runs in the same cosplay or social circles as you.

>>9090669
>Moving out, becoming independent and having to adult were what got me out of my rut! it might help with yours too.

Not that anon, but good to hear that's the case. Now if only someone will consider my fucking resume! I'm irritated I know what I want to do, I love doing it, but nothing is hiring. I'd even take some small ass pay internship since I have the luxury of a family able to support me for a month or two to get the ball running. Any of you kids yet to graduate college - try and get an internship during the summer(s). I didn't for various raisins and I wish I had.

>>9090716
You won't be able to cosplay with her, but you'll find someone new to cosplay with. Maybe use this as an opportunity to put yourself out there and meet new people to cosplay with in a group.

>> No.9090816
File: 134 KB, 778x1018, FnFgoLs[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>meet a new cosplayer/lolita
>chat with them, everything going well, they seem alright, maybe a new friend?
>find out they are "poly"
>into the trash it goes
I honestly feel like a bigot, but I don't think I'm making a bad decision.

>> No.9090822
File: 194 KB, 477x456, 1442470102135.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Borderline wanted to go into sex work because I couldn't find a job
>Been out of high school for a few weeks and can't afford any cute shit or cosplay making materials
>Family not supportive of my interests
>I got really pissed one night and just started filling out applications left and right
>I get a call eventually
>"Is this Anon Anon?"
>"This is she"
>"I would like to schedule an interview for bla"
>Schedule the interview for tomorrow
>Scared as fuck
>First interview
>Nervous as fucking shit right now
>But also happy as fucking shit as well

>> No.9090832

>>9090822

You've got this nigga. Don't fret, be enthusiastic and confident. All that meme hand-shaking silliness. You'll get it! And gimme some of your job-luck mojo.

>> No.9090836

>>9090816
I'm the same. Not because I'm judging them but every poly person I've tried to even be casual friends with make the poly part such a big part of their life that its inescapable even when I do NOT really like discussing our sex lives very much.

And they usually have more drama simply because more involvement/people/relationships = more drama

>> No.9090837

>>9090816

I've never met a somebody "polyamorous" who isn't a massive creepy wanker.

>> No.9090847

>>9090837
It's really common where I live

>> No.9090858

>>9090847

Where's that?

>> No.9090862

>>9090837
I've met some pretty ok seeming poly girls, (meaning not weird or creepy) except that that's mostly all they are focused on, their relationships and being poly. And since I'm not, it's honestly not that interesting.

>> No.9090893

>>9090740
>Maybe use this as an opportunity to put yourself out there and meet new people to cosplay with in a group.

I don't know how. I just don't open up to people easily. I really cherish the friends I have, as it's hard for me to make new ones.

I've never been closer to anyone than her, and now I feel like a total stranger.

>> No.9091018
File: 35 KB, 640x480, 1467059214421.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be into petplay
>benging new gf
>now's my chance to bust this out
>lean into her ear and purr
>"wtf was that"
>mfw

>> No.9091029

Bullshit petty drama has ruined pretty much every friend group I have at cons, and it really sucks.

Several groups are fucked because my ex still hangs out and cosplays with them.

Another is ruined because my friend's ex, who hates me, is in it.

The next is screwed because I awkwardly hit on a girl in it while drunk and now she makes every effort to make me uncomfortable when she's around. (Like she'll go up and start conversations with people I'm talking to while making a big show of ignoring me.)

Still others are no good because everybody's in a relationship now and so I'm just an awkward third wheel if I hang out with them.

>> No.9091037

>>9091018
Someone needs to beat your ass back to tumblr.
You don't 'bust out' your fetish brand new on someone during sex, you numb nut.
What is disclosure, negotiating, consent?
Jfc

>> No.9091038

>>9091029
Sounds like at least 50% of what you are crying about was directly related to you so not much sympathy, just a suggestion: Try an out-of-town con.

>> No.9091039

>>9091018
I cringed just reading this. Your poor gf

>> No.9091040

>>9089375
Maybe try something with a mask or a helmet first?

>> No.9091056

Got a call from a local grocery store about setting up an interview. I'm really pumped because it's so hard to get in, people literally get on waiting lists because it's been on the Forbes best places to work for about 20 years.

Northeast US gulls, fuck yeah got an interview at Wegmans.

>> No.9091057

>>9091037
>What is disclosure, negotiating, consent
Yeah okay leather mistress I like to wear cat ears now and again, I'm not exactly beating her with a coat hanger.

>telling me to gv2tumblr
Offended desu

>> No.9091061
File: 12 KB, 243x208, images (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089144

>> No.9091065

>>9089144
thats what you get for living in Memphis

>> No.9091066
File: 767 KB, 500x280, cat falls out of window in box box lands on top.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My dad has an inoperable brain tumor and it's made him paranoid. My brother and I have been fading from his life, and bro went complete no-contact 8 months ago. I went No contact to low contact, and now my dad is asking why and getting more and more worked up.

I finally answered his text and laid it all out. I am now burying my anxiety in looking at CGL and aristo while I wait for his return text.

>save me buttruffles and frills
>save me from my life

>> No.9091076

>>9091057

....you can objectively realize that springing a fetish on someone midsex is a bad intro right? Life is not an anime, her bf just made a cat noise in her ear, how was she supposed to react? She probably thought you were having a stroke.

>> No.9091086

>>9091057
Yes, I am offended. And no, I'm pretty vanilla but still well versed in respect.
What you did was a deliberate power play and now you are minimizing it and trying to play it off when called on it. Which is just more shit behavior.

Seriously, turn the tables and think how someone else busting out their kink on you when you might not be entirely comfortable or hey, maybe even really NOT into it might feel?
Not very good.

>> No.9091088

>>9091076
Everything's cool now I just thought it was funny

>> No.9091093

>>9091086
Are you sure it's not you who should be on tumblr?

>> No.9091094

>>9091086

ok not anon but now I'm curious, why are you calling that power play? Sounds like he's just too awkward to tell his gf about his cat fetish and now it's just communication hell because he can't be honest with her and himself. I had a very different idea of what power play is, which can also sometimes be a fetish.

>> No.9091101

>>9091094

Also, I'm kind of with him on this one. Fetishes are weird and such but really, fucking cat ears isn't something you need to ~negotiate~ because honestly that's not going to hurt a lot of people unless you didn't know someone has PTSD from cats. BDSM will for sure (saying this as a BDSM enthusiast) but I think you're taking the cat fetish a bit too seriously.

>> No.9091111
File: 46 KB, 410x369, 1467631130445.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9090298
>be fiscally responsible, stop doing full cosplays for a bit while paying for school
>work 2 jobs at some point, save a fuck ton
>see ex friends become popular in the local comm, go to all the events in new costumes every time
>them and their friends posts are all "wehhh I can't go to x because I might not already make rent!!!"
>remember having to cover their shit back when we were friends
>mfw they haven't learned and I am planning on going to more major cons in better cosplays with money in the bank

>> No.9091116
File: 32 KB, 556x420, 1467586758058.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That feel when guys who post here type so femininely about being offended that I can't distinguish them from femanons

Holy shit I might even like it here

>> No.9091118

>>9091038
Yeah I'm not really denying that, although the shit with my ex gets me because she's the one who cheated and now everybody's hanging out with her and the guy she cheated with because she's a popular cosplayer and I'm just some schmuck.

I really do want to go to out of state stuff more often, it's just hard to get enough time off and pay for flights etc. It's also hard to have fun when you go off to a faraway con and don't know anybody, meeting people isn't too bad when you're younger but I'm 30 and look it.

>> No.9091129
File: 30 KB, 500x375, timetostop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091066

Update: he texted back denying everything and picked a random topic

Not even gonna respond. Back into the frills I go anons.

>> No.9091198

>>9091066
Same thing happened to me in 2014. Stay strong.

>> No.9091239

>>9091129

Condolences, Anon. I lost my dad back in 2011 to early onset Alzheimer's (Lew Body disease masked by parkinsons). I do not intend to force advice on you, but if you want the oponions of someone who has been there:

-Do not feel guilty about needing to fade from his life. Insanity is not just the meme of doing the same thing expecting a different outcome. It's also a veritable physical miasma, a kind of black hole that drags in those one loves and those around one with it into their own insane world. It's a necessary survival mechanism and if you don't pull yourself out at least half way you will be worse for wear when he passes.

-On the flipside, try to make sure you are on good ground with him when he dies. Doing so will help to dissuade any feelings of regret, beating yourself up and so forth if you know he died without malice in his heart towards you. Also it's great to be able to say a final goodbye, even if it's nothing special. All I told my dad was that I loved him, I will miss him, I will try and live a life that he would be proud of (gg no re with no job yet in that regard ;.;) and that I appreciated what he did for me and was lucky to have him.

Also follow your gut. I was supposed to do summer french language program at uni that summer, I chickened out more because of immediate stress with the place itself (PS - never move by yourself if you can manage it. Moving the physical stuff is easy, but being all alone when everyone else you see has family and friends will get to you) but doing so meant I was nearby to visit hospice and give my final goodbye that weekend. If I was 2 hours away who knows if I would have made it back in time or put it off for another day too late.

You could or could not do a candid convo, hard as it would be, explaining why you have to fade from his life. That you love him but his paranoia and insanity (better and more delicate choice of words) is hurting you.

For posterity remember this is his tumor, not him.

>> No.9091240
File: 473 KB, 320x182, tSjmj8a.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get into overwatch hype bc of fanartists I follow
>read the game lore and fall in love with one of the characters
>friend says "anon you don't even play the game!! you aren't a 'true fan'!!"
>believes friend has a valid point but wary about buying it bc I'm awful at shooting games
>buys it anyway
>friends that have the game join me
>all of them are salty players that yell at me bc I can't 'git gud' (even though I just started)
>establish that I'm as bad as I thought I would be
>discouraged from playing bc of salty friends
>still like the same character even though I'm awful at playing them
>tfw I got bullied into buying a game just to get the title 'true fan'

>> No.9091269

>>9090822
So did you fill out applications left and right for sex work?

>> No.9091288
File: 92 KB, 500x667, 3d530775-6cf1-4726-ae63-a4c81df07d5a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My dad has stage 2 pancreatic cancer and it's very likely he's not gonna be around for muchildren longer. He's been pretty closed off about his own emotions for his whole life, but opened up a bit to us and told us all that he didn't want his lasting memories to be of us taking care of his sickly body, so there's a good chance he's going to euthanize himself when he feels ready. It's fucking crazy, I keep forgetting that it's a thing, he looks so healthy and then it hits me that my fucking dad's dying.

>/cgl/ related
Back when I was a kid I loved dressing up and nerd shit, I had the "official" costumes of the Powerpuff Girls I wore around the house and was just a huge nerd. My mom and I fought a lother growing up because I was weird and she was more conservative, but my dad not only supported me, but tried to be in that part of my life. He took me to my first anime con when I was 13, and he not only went but painted a blue arrow on his head and would jokingly say "I'm Aang in his late 30s!" and it was so much fun! He's always supported my cosplaying, my choices in life, all of it. He means so much to me and I can't stand the thought of him leaving. It really sucks.

>> No.9091305

I'm gonna post about this again with more details this time cause last time everyone assumed I'm a guy trying to get into a girls pants. I am not.

I'm a grown ass woman in a long term relationship. I'm looking to make friends in my local comm. I've met a lot of nice people but unfortunately none of us really click so to speak. That's cool, at least I have a place to escape to.

I also spent a lot of time on here complaining about not being able to make friends and someone gave me shit for not wanting to befriend "itas". At which point I was like, you're right, I should give newbies a chance, so I did.

This one girl has latched onto me and messages me all the time and she's always trying to go to the same meet ups as me. This is fine except the same thing that always keeps me from making friends happens. I have nothing in common with this person besides lolita. And even lolita we do not have the same taste. She likes classic and I fucking hate it. And I have to hold back every time I talk to her because she's just gushing over it.
She also loves anime. I do not. And she's into like really old fandoms of shows I've never seen and don't plan to watch because I'm not a huge tv person and I've explained this to her.. but she keeps trying to talk to me about this stuff and just, fuck I don't know what to do?

I want to be nice but man, I don't do animus or tv shows. Or movies. No one seems to get this? Also she's not really an ita looks wise, or at least what I've seen her wear, she is doing alright but she does have the greasy unwashed weeb hair and doesn't wear any make up.
And of course she has all kinds of disabilities which is sad, so I want to be her friend but I just can't relate. I have a full time job and every time I try to talk about it she gets all dismissive and starts going on about lolita or some shit she watches.

I've flat out told her several times that I have no interest in those things, she won't take that for an answer. I don't know what else to do.

>> No.9091309

>>9091305
Reposted from last thread cause I didn't get any replies and she still messages me all the fucking time with stuff I just do not give a fuck about and I don't know why.

>> No.9091322

>>9091239

Thank you anon. This means a lot. It's been years that he's been like this, the tumor is inoperable but it's not growing or metastasizing that I know of. He's able to hold down a job (though he lost his company) and take care of himself, which makes fading easier, but the creepy feeling of a stranger walking around in my dad's skin is there and has been for years now.

It's like I'm mourning my dad's death, but he's still alive to send me texts asking why I don't talk to him more, and then getting into arguments with me when I do talk to him, which just opens the wounds.

I just want my dad back.

>but back into no contact I go

>> No.9091323

>>9090836

Yeah, I've known 3 poly people over the years and I could not stand any of them.

One of them propositioned me to have sex with her and her boyfriend because why not, one of them was just a straight up whore, and the last one was a guy who complained when he could not find two girls who would date him simultaneously

>> No.9091335

>>9090816
>>9090836
>>9090837
I've never known a poly couple where it worked out well for both people. It's always one person getting neglected while the other one sleeps around like crazy. (Oddly enough, it's usually the guy who does better.)

>> No.9091357
File: 165 KB, 439x550, hurts just a little bit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I met my best friend through /cgl/. Nobody has ever been as compatible as she was, to the point where a lot of people thought we were dating. We loved eachother in a completely platonic sense and she was like a sister to me. She then started hanging out with this rampantly opinionated SJW type girl who rubbed off on her and suddenly my best friend who had the same sense of humor as me became this over-sensitive, "everything is sexist" type almost overnight. Because of that, suddenly she hated me for making the same jokes we used to all the time.

So, because of some toxic bitch, I lost the closest person to me. I still love her and miss her and wish her the best, but it eats me up inside every time I think about it.

>> No.9091359

>>9091057
man you're fucking stupid

>> No.9091375

>>9091240
keep playing then beat their asses

>> No.9091385

>>9091288
My condolences. Tell him how much it meant to you while you still have the chance.

>> No.9091388

>>9091322

The bittersweet thing is that when he goes it will be a relief, because you will have been mourning his death for so long that you feel he is free and you/your family is free from the pain as well. Rest assured I'd think if he was a decent father before the tumor that causing you pain and suffering is the last thing he'd ever want to do. I'm pretty sure if my dad knew what it was doing to us he would have killed himself. I know if I am ever in the same position I'm going to kill myself rather than put my family through it.

But yeah, the arguing and sudden mood-swings is a dead ringer for what I saw him do too. Remember waking up to a loud noise and my mom screaming for me around 3 AM after he came into her room and threw her off the bed thinking she was a nurse at the hospital. My brother having to step between him and my mom when he seemed liable to hit her, or my mom talking him out walking and him thinking a bunch of girl-scouts selling cookies stole his money. This is a guy https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/rod-beaton-usa-today-sportswriter-dies-at-59/2011/07/16/gIQAUPfqII_story.html who was big as life, would buy my mom roses what felt like every other weekend, doted on us all and the worst thing I can think of pre injury that he ever did was sulk and be passive aggressive if he or we misplaced one of his CDs and he couldn't find it and badger us to help him look. There wasn't a bad bone in him until the disease came. Man I bet even if he didn't understand cosplay he'd get a kick out of it.

Again, I don't know if this is a good idea and while it might cause temporary pain, you might want to consider a "dear john" kind of letter to at least explain to him why you're having to withdraw. He'll no doubt object and be upset but it will give him an answer to grip when he has moments of lucidity.

If you choose to do so and want help writing it, you can try me at agemata@gmail.com - I can even draft up a basic outline for you if need be.

>> No.9091398

>>9089883
?

>> No.9091402

>>9090173
>story about being given money/something expensive
>"oh that's sweet"
>SWEET

Literally
Every
Fucking
Time
That
Word

>> No.9091417

>>9091357

>Sister and I used to cosplay together
>Go to different colleges
>She gains a ton of weight
>Family and I worry
>She continues to cosplay, which i appreciate
>Mom eventually calls her up and says she's worried for her health
>Sister goes off on a rant about unrealistic beauty standards and fat shaming
>Later discover her roommate is like tumblr incarnate who sold her on this "beautiful no matter what"
>This was in the middle of last year
>Fast forward to a month ago, she might have diabetes

She's also grown more distant to me, because i've been trying to get her to work out with me when we're home together

>> No.9091423

>>9091288

What >>9091385 said. Make sure you've said your goodbyes, you've let him know how much you love and appreciate him. If it is too late or you aren't able to say your goodbyes do not fret because it's not for him, it's for you. He knows you love him, that he was your sun and moon and everything a dad should be. But it's important for you to know you didn't leave anything unsaid.

And I mean straight up everything you want to say. As saccharine, melodramatic, emotional, stupid and sweet and dumb and simple as it is. Everything you told us and what you haven't told anyone else. As much as it might hurt your dad when he realizes he won't be around longer for you it will reinforce the feeling of love and affection and care he feels when he needs it most.

>>9091240

From what I hear you're dodging a bullet because apparently overwatch is getting league tier salty and rude with the competitive mode. Well, you got hit by the bullet but it's a flesh wound because you won't invest in it any further. But yeah, that's disappointing of your friends.

>tfw I'm remebering CS and CS:S and Warcraft 3 and BF2 days being less rude and bullying than modern gaming.
What the fug DDD:

>>9091357

I hope they will come back from it and it'll be one of those 'just a phase' types. Although I hate to say it but I haven't seen many deprogrammed cultists from that movement. But people do mature and get wise to their bullshit. I hope she does and she seeks your forgiveness and friendship again.

>> No.9091424

>>9090239
Just dump him it's his job to take care of you not the other way around if he kills himself who cares he was a loser anyways get a better guy.

>> No.9091435

>>9091357
hey i know you

>> No.9091436

>>9091357
I lost my best friend from high school to SJW bullshit. Sorry man. I try to talk to her sometimes but she doesn't ever have much to say and is always upset because someone has offended her. And I guess now she isn't a she? she's a xie or something? I have no idea and I don't understand.

>> No.9091439

>>9091423
SJWfriend anon here, I pretty much completely doubt she'll ever come back. It's been years and she's cut off more than just me since then.

>> No.9091442

>>9091435
I doubt that. I've avoided the /cgl/ community like the plague for a long time. I can count all my friends in it on one hand.

>> No.9091446

>>9091442
oh maybe there are more seagulls that went off to tumblrland than i know if
unless she was don

>> No.9091451

>>9091198

Thanks Anon, sorry it happened to you too

>> No.9091452

>>9091446
How would I know you?

>> No.9091455

>>9090617
Let him know that money needs to be going exclusively FROM him TO you or dump his ass for a guy who gets it.

>> No.9091460
File: 66 KB, 500x275, 393204902942.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091439

Yeah I'm afraid you're right. You'll find a new best friend and someone you feel like is the other missing half of your heart and mind, I'm sure. Just like she changed for the worse, others can change for the better and become someone you'll want to hang out with and be around. You might not know them yet, you might not even be in the same culture or community yet. But if you found such a tightly woven connection you'll find it again.

For the schaudenfreude in you take solace that these triggered topics live in a toxic hell of their own making and she is living some kind of greek moral drama manifest where she scourges herself with whips of her own making. Knowing one who had been SJW practically 5-6 years before that term even existed I think she was afraid of her own happiness.

>> No.9091465
File: 1.14 MB, 400x225, tissue cat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091388

Thank you again anon. The texts I sent earlier were kinda Dear John ish in that I laid it all out, but then he tried to argue it. I made the mistake of trying to explain in different terms, like if I could just find the right way to phrase it he'd understand. And I was pointing out the logical inconsistencies in his texts and he just kept ignoring or deflecting over and over. I should have stopped after the first text.

It's very kind of you to offer a listening ear and your help like this.
Have a mildly related gif because it's silly and makes me giggle and I'm using tissues at the same rate.

>> No.9091466
File: 70 KB, 712x612, Social_Justice_No_You_Make_Me_A_Sandwich.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091452
facebook? maybe youre not the person im thinking of though

>> No.9091479
File: 19 KB, 350x272, 4958326134_HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW_answer_2_xlarge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091466
>She's already fat
>sign demanding I feed her more

LMAO
>women
>even once

>> No.9091487

>>9091402
It's more the fact that my dad has been a shitty father and has not been there for me at all for over a decade, and now he's offering to help with school expenses any way he can as well as sending cards saying how much he needs me in his life. It's just nice that he wants to be in my life again and is making an effort to do so.

>> No.9091509

>>9091487
It's not about that story or your story or any specific story.

It's just about the fact that at least one person literally (the actual word literally not the meaningless buzzword the internet has turned it into) ALWAYS responds with the word "sweet" to every story told here about being given a bunch of money/gifts. Always. Every time. Remember this post and start watching for it and you'll see it too.

In fact, I was actually browsing this thread in reverse on my phone and saw "that's sweet" BEFORE seeing the story and already knew the story was going to involve some girl getting a bunch of money or gifts. And sure fucking enough I scroll up a bit and there's the $'s.

>> No.9091515
File: 43 KB, 500x251, tumblr_ncl8yo7xoO1tgm1zio1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091465

Glad if I could be of any help at all, you deserve it and deserve to be happy.

But yeah you did the right thing by choosing to go no contact. When you're dealing with someone who is inclined to argue and bicker with no chance of seeing your point of view (and this is true of the internet especially too), I think it's best to just lay your cards on the table and then amicably(..ish) leave after you've made your point. No good to get in a quagmire.

And on the topic of
>Have a mildly related gif because it's silly and makes me giggle and I'm using tissues at the same rate.

I read it more in the context of depression but it's applicable here - make sure you're watching and reading and immersing yourself in lots of sweet, cute, fun, airy slice of life stuff. No drama or tragedies or sad stuff. Watch more of it, download a new series in that style to watch, buy a cosplay thingy. Treat yourself to some light in your life.

And they are stupid and might not give you a giggle m8 but I always love gabedog stuff for a quick laff. I loved the numb remix with doggo and fox borking. >>>/wsg/1114458

>> No.9091516

>>9091509
Oh, that makes a lot more sense, and that's really odd. No wonder why you were flipping out haha, with good reason.

>> No.9091519

>>9091516
I really mean it. Watch for it and you WILL notice it happen every time.

>> No.9091526
File: 655 KB, 1090x1600, 1350536439287.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091515

Especially if it involves kitties.

>> No.9091534

>>9091309
Stop talking to her, unfriend, and/ or block her, autismo. Jfc other anons have dying parents and cheating spouses, I just had my car break down, and you're complaining that someone who doesn't dress the way you like wants to be your friend

>> No.9091559

>>9091534
No she goes to meets. I can't just block her.

I've been cheated on before, it sucks but I just left him and went elsewhere. Best decision ever.

My parents are both extremely mentally ill, so I no longer speak with them. Because of this it's hard to relate to most people actually.

And one time I attempted to make it home on empty and ran out of gas at the intersection, blocking other cars, as I was in the turning lane. I had to get out, run to the gas station, fill up one of those gas can things (idr how much it was, but they're red usually?) and then fill my car up at the fucking intersection with everyone honking and screaming at me and I can't believe no one called the cops. I went home and cried until I passed out.

Life blows all the time.

>> No.9091561
File: 5 KB, 493x402, 1287896441037.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cleaning my room
>"what's this"
>three-finger leaf spring
>... wat
>keep digging
>hammer pin

I now have: four mainsprings, one recoil spring guide, one barrel bushing, one hammer strut, one sear hook, magazine catch release, mainspring housing retention pin, two grip screws...

... where the fuck did all this shit come from. This is going to bother me forever until I find out. I will probably never find out. From whence did it come? And this is just the latest thing, like, yesterday, I found about 100$ worth of shit I didn't even know I had. Just... sitting there. Not as bad as the time I found an entire fucking sewing machine in my closet but... almost.

>> No.9091578
File: 112 KB, 913x1000, 1460478329575.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091561
Thought I was on /k/ for a sec

>> No.9091583

>>9091578

They're basically /a/ anyways they just change the subject of the chuuni power-level debates.

>Its air wing is OVER 9000

>> No.9091589
File: 304 KB, 470x289, laundrychi.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091515
>>9091526

Haha my god anon, those are precious. From whence did they come?

Do you have any recommendations for cute fluffy things? I think that's a great suggestion.

>> No.9091617
File: 129 KB, 800x1166, tonnura-san-1923603.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091589

I fear I don't have any recommendations myself! Slice of life isn't my forte, but I'd ask /a/ (if they are nice about recommendations), or /cgl/ here or look about. Let me see if I can do a quick look and find something.

>>9091526
Is from Tonnura-san. http://www.mangareader.net/tonnura-san/8/20 & https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=40342 I gotta admit to not having read it beyond the intro where if I recall right the kitty convinces the 3 girls' stern mother to let him stay by sensuously allowing her to pet his belly.

>>9091515 is from A Centaur's life/centaur's worries. http://www.mangareader.net/centaurs-worries & https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=63580 I only skimmed a bit of it and remember Quetzal-coatal-san being afraid of swimming during swim-class. This seemed sweet but you might get some of the tribulations and troubles of teenage/high-school living in it. Just with monsterboys and monstergirls.

>> No.9091620

>>9091617

Thank you for the links anon! Very appreciated

>> No.9091701

>>9091559
Yes you can. You have express repeatedly that you weren't interested in being her friend. Just stop giving her attention and sooner or later, she will get the hint.

>> No.9091714

>>9091701
I feel like it would be too obvious at small meets. Also she hasn't done anything wrong, I don't see why I need to shut her off completely?

>> No.9091734
File: 299 KB, 431x493, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> newbie posts in group page asking where to buy lolita clothes
> oh boy, first new person to join our group in a while!
> give her tons of advice about the fashion, like where to buy, what stores to avoid, etc
> newbie thanks me for all the help
> feels proud man
> later reveals that she's making a lolita cosplay of an anime character for an upcoming con
> mfw

>> No.9091765
File: 581 KB, 1280x720, Kuroneko_ruri_gokou.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091734
Is it kuroneko? Cuz I'll fight u nigga

>> No.9091772

>>9091734

gateway drug anon

gateway drug

THE FRILLS THE LACE THE FRILLS THE LACE THE FRILLS THE LACE

THE BRANDO... OF FALLEN, *LOLITAS*

>> No.9091784

Postes this in the last thread like a dummy
>Finally get my second dream job
>Maybe will get a promotion to my first by the end of the year
>No loan to pay, so I'm saving tons, don't have a big salary but already reached 10k in my account
>Super cool workplace, job and colleagues
>Next con is this weekend
>A slutty friend of mine is preparing an orgy in her room for the first night and there will be this kancolle cosplayer I want to see

I'm sorry for boasting that on a feel thread but I'm on freaking fire, it's ridiculous

>> No.9091793

> need new dresses for work
> IW sale
> order several, get invoiced
> check bank account: where is mah money?
> call employer to ask what is wrong, have never had any isues with them
> she is as surprised as I am and starts searching what went wrong and where
> the where was found out soon: my file has disappeared, my hours were never registered, and no wonder healthcare claimed they didn´t have any information about me
> old proper computer error
> boss is lovely and starts calling around to get me my money as soon as possible
> won´t get it before the deadline of the invoice, will get blacklisted, won´t get new dresses for winter
> will get compensation for the computer error, but damn it doesn´t make me feel any better

>> No.9091795

>>9091714
Post asking for advice. Anon gives good advice, you reject it, argue. I would have replied much the same but was eating dinner.

Ok then anon, don't block her and let her keep bugging you. You can't make her change nor is it really your place to just because 'you wish she would act different' . When I don't have anything in common with someone I tactfully withdraw from them, do not return any messages but information, with little conversation and a distant and more formal 'tone' I do block texts and calls but I do that for a lot of people and only return them if it is necessary. You can't change her so you can choose to either put up with her or move away from the friendship.

>> No.9091796

>>9091793
I would set the world on fire
I'm so sorry for you

>> No.9091799

>>9091784
>>A slutty friend of mine is preparing an orgy in her room for the first night
>her

I do not believe u

>> No.9091823

>>9091398
>Never have sex with virgins, only fuck Chads. Ensure the rich get richer and the poor stay poor forever.

>> No.9091846
File: 41 KB, 435x224, 2903432904902349024902.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091823

Aside of the natural anxiety of a first time it's not exactly rocket science and simply involves more than just pump and dump like you're humping your hand. And that's guidance they give to someone who had been asexual but is curious about getting into it with some trepidation or anxieties of their own.

Dis better be some b8t.

>> No.9091860

>>9091795
>You can't change her so you can choose to either put up with her or move away from the friendship.
I never said I wanted to change her? Fuck, I just want friends that I actually can talk with. I'm running out of them and now every new person I meet is like my polar opposite. It's fucking annoying.

But yeah, I guess I could just try to go grey rock. I think the problem I'm having here is how to tactfully get away from her? Like if she shows up to small meets I want to go to, how do I appear interesting to other people and not her? Or will it just happen naturally if I just talk about stuff I like more?

Also I'm not trying to argue but the way it was worded sounded like I would just not talk to her at meets and that sounds rude as fuck.

>> No.9091861

>>9091823
go back to /pol/

>> No.9091862

>>9091860
No, for the sake of the group, ordinary bland politeness is the best way with anyone at a meet but don't sit by her or engag her n conversation. Give her brief but polite answers if she speaks directly to you.

You can minimize, then cut contact outside meets at will. Be very busy, talk about the interests she is least interested in if she catches you. Always be a little distant or preoccupied, always have something else you need to go do, take a call, run an errand, finish a project, meet a deadline and just tell her politely that you need to go. Keep dong it and being less available each time, and for less time. Turn off messenger for her on social media, set her aquaintainve on FB and stop letting her see all your statuses so she has less reason to contact you over a topic.
Good luck. You don't sound very happy overall but I hope it's due to being annoyed at her and not just being this grumpy in general life.

>> No.9091871

>>9091018
holy fuck are you dumb, that's something you talk about BEFORE sex

>> No.9091880

>>9091862
>You don't sound very happy overall but I hope it's due to being annoyed at her and not just being this grumpy in general life.
I'm in the middle of changing jobs, so I'm not too happy right now... meets are supposed to be an escape god dammit.

>> No.9091891

>>9091094
Meanwhile she is left wondering wtf happened and he is sitting here on the chan smugly bragging on his funny little story describing how he busted his fetish out on her.
Sounds like a GREAT guy.
Not in this universe.
Nothing wrong with fetishes!
Everything wrong with acting them out on someone without permission or even bothering to tell someone what is going on, knowing full well what you are doing.

>> No.9091893

>>9091880
Well good luck with that as well and by the way "you're welcome".

>> No.9091904
File: 469 KB, 638x517, 1467316101381.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gain weight
>realise i have a violin hip
>also hey that thyroid thing that is running in your family is kicking in now
>not megafat but i have to be so careful about what i eat so as not to gain weight
>have some kind of muscle/tendon thing that fucks up my right leg and makes it painful to walk/jog
>somehow ive still managed to keep from being a landwhale
>depression kicks in
>torn between sometimes not eating at all and binge eating shitty things
>miraculously i'm still an EU size medium
>at least i can still fit in my rori

i don't want to turn into snoozy,

>> No.9091905

>>9091871

Seriously? HE FUCKING PURRED. Its not a big deal, like jesus christ how do you people handle sex?

Its like the ultimate intimacy, if you cant handle purring, how can you handle all the fucking fluids and other noises that come with it. Fuck are americans prude ass fuckers.

Honestly, if i would do something like that to my GF she would laugh at it at worst. If you cant dick around and do wierd innocent shit like this with your partner, you might want to reconsider your partner choice.

This isn't the tumblr world where you need a written contract with a scenario approved by both sides of how sex will go down. Yes, there are a few no nos, but shit, purring is triggering you fucks?

>> No.9091906

>>9091904

A-anon are you a female version of me?

>always skinny
>suddenly i start gaining weight (10 kg most of it planned but shit)
>right knee somewhat fucked so most cardio is a pain in the ass
>worries about eating things intensify since befor i could eat anything

Now I'm split between me gaining weight being a good idea or bad idea. Since i planned it, but never expected it making such a mental difference, not even physical.

>> No.9091941

>>9091799
Right, I exaggerated a bit, it's more a threesome, but it's almost the same I guess.

>> No.9091953

>>9091904
>>9091906
If you haven't tried it yet, I'd imagine swimming would help immensely.

>> No.9091991
File: 504 KB, 948x1400, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091589
>cute fluffy things
Check out ichigo mashimaro anime, its so cute and ridiculously funny. If you dont like anime format the manga is also good, but something to note about the manga: the first thhree chapters or so is drawn in a different style than the rest of thhe manga. I think the author redesigned his series or something. It kind of reboots after three chapters.

A comfy slice of life anime would be minami-ke, its about three sisters living on their own; one in high school (big sis type), one in middle school (tomboy twintails, my fav), one in elementary school (serious/dark in a comedic way).

As for manga, i recommend everyone read Hinamatsuri. Its about an escaped girl with telepathic abilities from another world who lands in a yakuzas apartment. Because shes a good for nothing he ends up having to take care of her. Its one of the funniest things ive read, every minute is a joy.

And if you havent read already, yotsuba is a classic comfy, cute, funny manga about the adventures of a 10 year old girl with green hair.

>> No.9091998

>>9091240
Most of the time, salty players only focus on what the other is doing wrong I stead on focusing in themselves. Just ignore this people because they wont teach you shit and they think they play good even tho they don't.
Good players don't flame. No matter how good they play. The saltier they are, the worst they play.

>> No.9092006

>>9091905
I don't think it was bad, just weird asf. The guy I'm talking to knows I'm into kitten/neko stuff (embarrassingly enough but he's cool with it) and even I wouldn't actually purr. That's a bit much.

>> No.9092093

>>9091905
Usually if you have a kink, even a minor one, you know enough to negotiate it before you get serious with someone, not plan to just sneak it in. Pet play would be a deal-breaker for many people so what's he going to do now (since he's already involved with her) if she says, 'ew, no, I don't really want to do that?'.
It's not really a matter of prudery so much as politeness, giving a potential partner the option to freely say 'no thanks, not my thing' before you are already involved.
I think I can safely say that finding out your partner has hidden kinks that they did not choose to warn you about first isn't a very nice surprise most of the time.

>> No.9092188

>>9090430
That's super cool! Scandinavian lolita-twins! If you're going to NärCon or next year's Genki, we could high five!

>> No.9092235
File: 14 KB, 407x286, 1000285566574483.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to bed early
>wakeup and download Pokemon Go
>at work all day
>have doctor's appointment right after work
>won't be able to play until after 8pm

This is hell. I haven't been this distracted by my desire to play a game in a while. If I could afford it, I'd honestly just call out sick tomorrow to just play all day, but I have the whole weekend off. I feel like a kid again being this excited for something.

>> No.9092238

>>9091796
Thank you for your sympathy.

I feel fucking horrible, but I explained the situation to my SO, who is currently out of the country on a work trip. I loaned what I needed, paid that invoice, and feel like I betrayed myself by doing that. I´ve always taken good care of my money, never had any issues with it. I couldn´t have changed anything, I had no influence over this, but damn it feels like I just lost control of my life.

> gonna get those IW dresses
> money comes on 14th, I can live with that

>> No.9092298

>Was mugged at knife-point last week on walk back from a shop
>As a result have become extremely uneasy about going out by myself during the dusk/evening/night, as well as all around anxiety in general
>I'll go outside, but i'll look like i'm a prime target as i'm paranoia incarnate walking down the street
>Boyfriend surprises me last night with a new temporary phone, a nice home cooked dinner, some wine, and the Madoka movies which i have not yet seen, all when i walked in the door
>To top it all off my parents sent me some crafting supplies and one of my dad's soup recipes that I like

Sometimes I wonder why the people in my life are with me, because they're too good for me.

>> No.9092358

>>9092298
Cuz you're a woman

>> No.9092367

>>9089865

It's not about how I look, I've always hated having my picture taken, if it's friends or family I can deal with it but if it's someone I've just met I get really nervous and I just want it to end.

>>9091040

Idk if that would help, it's not about showing it's just the act of having my picture taken. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

>> No.9092376
File: 129 KB, 314x278, 1466126726841.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9092298
If you were male women would be subconsciously disgusted by your fear

be glad

>> No.9092469

>been lazy
>gained 20 back of the 50 lost
>had enough
>talked to doctor about hunger suppresant
>browsed /r/progresspic to get motivated
>started tracking again
>started measuring food again
>recognized patterns so that I won't make the same mistake

I refuse to go back to what I was. I will end the year with the goal I intended. All I can think about is wearing Liz Lisa and be the cute dainty girl I've always wanted to be

>> No.9092509
File: 191 KB, 459x599, goddamn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My gf recently told me that she probably cant go to the biggest con in my country which really sucks because she is the only one with whom I can go to cons and actually have fun. The only other person who could be fun at cons would be my ex and she already told me that I could join her and her friends but idk I cant really handle big groups of new people well, I would feel like a total beta if I would ask her aaaand I would probably only be a burden. So either no con for me or I try to go with them

>> No.9092573

>>9089251
This brightened my day. I love when girls post shit stories.

>> No.9092595

That feel when youre proud of the BtB secret you made

>just finished making up a funny one, looks decent
>cant wait for Sat

>> No.9092756

>>9092469
Here with you, anon. Lost 50 pounds, hit a rough patch and ate 60 pounds back. Let's lose this shit!

>> No.9092841
File: 295 KB, 1280x960, 1385514596394.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>wanted my dad to cosplay with me
>he lost a leg
>because he dropped his car on it
>had to sell my con badge so I can get him a new leg

>> No.9092925

>>9092841

Next con though, think off all the cool pirates and such he can cosplay

>> No.9093007

>>9092841
>can get him a new leg

That's sweet. But besides trying to trigger that person who dislikes the word sweet that is really thoughtful and considerate of you, much as it sucks to lose out on the cosplay. It's also nice to know your dad was willing to cosplay with you.

Like >>9092925 says, and I think that'll help him along feel wise when he can get to experience the missing of a leg not being a liability and a reason for people to stare but rather..an 'asset' is a crass way to spin losing a limb, but at least to show him he can have fun and be seen as a person and not a cripple.

Feels for me is just dismay at still no job that can get me out of here and on my own. I have to give some of the apps I put in time (was about 1 week ago) but I wish I knew what was so cancerous about me. I know I have limited experience but I'm not shooting for the moon and am seeking entry level and all that.

I'm at least glad I have that palpable anxiety and dread of wanting to move out unlike my older brother, but it's irritating that I know what my spark is, I am good at it, I can demonstrate how and where and why I am good at it, but I'm not getting hired. I'd be happy to do the bitchwork, I'll even try and look again at unpaid internships but half those fucking require you still be in university and not have graduated.

>> No.9093042
File: 73 KB, 411x756, ok.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be born in rural south carolina
>korean mom and dad
>still have no idea why they wouldn't pick L.A. or any other highly populated city with a korean community
>tfw only asian kid in elementary and middle school
>surprisingly didn't get bullied or anything, southern kids are pretty nice, hung out with a bunch of black kids too and played four-square during recess in 5th grade
>i felt like one of them, sure the occasional asian joke, but they were all pretty chill and made a bunch of friends with everyone.
>middle school
>puberty and identity and 'fitting in'
>start realizing that i'm different from everyone else, and isolate myself, never talk to anyone, sit alone at lunch or go to the library
>turn into a loser, no one knows i exist, just a weird asian kid, some think i just moved here and can't make friends because i can't speak english or something

>i remember this one morning i lost my voice because of a cold, i couldn't say a word if i tried, but went to school still
>keep thinking to myself "fuck what if the teacher calls on me or something and i can't speak?"
>the only person that realized that i couldn't talk was the lunch lady
>realized that day how much of a mute i was, some days when i would count the words i would say out loud, and it would be less than 10,

>moved to a different city in highschool
>still a mute, spent lunch in the bathroom, made no friends

i didn't even go the graduation ceremony. my mom and dad asked when they should go, and i just said that i didn't have to. i was too fucking scared to show them that i was a friendless loser, and that no body knew that i existed. I didn't want them to see all my classmates outside when it was over, and when everyone was crying and taking pictures and wishing each other their bests. i didn't want them to see how much of a loser their son was, off in a corner, looking at everyone, talking to no one.

i wish i was better and not so fucking insecure all the time.

these are my feels.

>> No.9093054
File: 90 KB, 870x375, ss+(2016-04-07+at+08.25.41).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9093042
just realized this wasn't cgl related. sorry, just saw that it was a feels thread and wanted to get some things off my chest.

>> No.9093073

>>9093042
>>9093054
do cosplays with masks, make friends

>> No.9093088

>>9093042

No need to apologize, if you post on /cgl/ then I think it still can be okay. Also that surely applies to your /cgl/ing. I know the feeling of being a near mute, although in academic contexts I was able to overcome it by being an eager beaver to talk about the subject matter. Still didn't make any friends. Also didn't attend graduation because I graduated in the summer after the main event and I would have to wait until next year - and I wouldn't know anyone, as I had already transferred to the uni and anyone I might have known would have not graduated yet or already graduated before me.

My family doesn't stand on ceremony but I think ceremony has a place and role. It's not just grandstanding but a way of feeling worth and belonging and such. Your mom definitely knows you love her, and it is not too late to show it still.

>> No.9093094

>>9093042
I assume this is one of the sites, what are the other 2? I'm sorry you are insecure and lonely and wish I had some advice. I think everyone feels isolated from time to time but when it is ongoing like this I'm not sure how you can break out of it. Are you going to uni? Already there? Maybe a club related to your studies?
My uni frats kind of scooped up the shy guys at Rush Week if they could at least show up to some activities that week, even if they were quiet. I got to see this in action because I was a little sister in a frat and we always just needed more helpers for activities and volunteers at the fundraisers.

>> No.9093103

>>9093042
Go see your GP dude. You may have social anxiety.

It's hard to tell from your description, but the sensation of 'not fitting in' in high school should NEVER be that severe. I had friends (Only 2 genuine best friends) during high school but i always felt horribly out of place and insecure, and I was sure everyone secretly hated me. Turned out I had depression and social anxiety (it all came to a breaking point when I was about 18)

If I'd told someone about it earlier or let them see that there were signs, I wouldn't have wasted years of my life feeling like a miserable loner. It was out of my control, sure, but had I clicked earlier or told someone about my feelings, I could've gotten treatment much earlier and been myself, and probably made more friends and actually enjoyed my teen years.

Things are much better now, I pushed myself to be more involved in cosplay etc. at the start of my treatment, and it did wonders.
Speak to your parents about it if you can, or if you don't think they'll understand, just book and go speak to your GP. It's really hard at first (I used to be unable to even say what I was feeling out loud) but it could be the difference between what you're feeling now and finding happiness for yourself.

>> No.9093142

>>9093094

Those who help along shy folks are really great people. Obviously if they do so in a pushy way that doesn't take no for an answer it's one thing, but I really benefitted from landing on a floor freshman year where someone (Doubt you'd read this but Mike o'brien you're a great guy and hope you doin good as a firefighter now) grabbed and dragged me along into socializing and partying and drinking.

I wish I had joined a frat, as popular as it is to rag on them (and the 'normie' friends I had that freshman year weren't big on them) it definitely helps to bring a feeling of community. So does joining con-groups or other such groups.

And avoid falling into the danger of hikkomori/neet. I am stuck in that after graduating and I am trying to escape it but it's not easy.

>> No.9093155
File: 57 KB, 573x960, 1422078818790.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Social circle has gone down a lot
>Realize most of the people was only because of the game we played together, not actual friends
>Quit the game because it was incredibly stress inducing and would cause me to start raging really bad, almost bringing me to tears
>That essentially stops all socialization with them
>They aren't bad people, just feels bad that we didn't have an actual friendship even though I've known them for three years
>Only talking to bf everyday, about it
>For the most part I'm okay, I don't mind being by myself, always been a loner
>but
>Remember when I was younger, when I first started playing games and meeting people how fun it was and how all those friendships that lasted for years have just disappeared
>The one female best friend I had completely did a 180 after knowing her around four years and being someone I really cared for just completely changed so I cut contact.

>Feelsbadman

>> No.9093206

>>9090250
I won't lie, every time I read 'I'm so fucking mad, he was *TALKING* to his *EX*" I just hear "I'm a controlling bitch."

There's a difference between 'Hey, how are you?' and 'eybbgurl want some again?"

I know that the situation in >>9090239's (The way he reacted is sketchy as hell, you should just say 'you can talk to her' then read through his shit after about a week to see how he acts) is different but I really don't get that. God knows that 3/4 of the women where I live, if they talked to their exes, would shriek like banshees at their boyfriends and scream about "THAT'S SO FUCKING MANIPULATIVE WHAT ARE YOU A CONTROL FREAK".

Then again given that I'm still friends with one of my exes, and it was literally this kind of breakup;
>"Hey this really isn't working."
>"Wanna go back to being friends?"
>"Yeah sure."
>just went back to being friends, occassional awkwardness when a sex joke came up but nothing more

So yeah probably a colored opinion.

>> No.9093213

Just got done with a ventriloquist show in Vegas. All profits from the show go to help wounded vets and children who have lost their parents serving. I was teary eyed when they were showing a video of what our ticket purchase was going towards, but they showed footage of all these costumers and cosplayers welcoming kids at an airport arrival gate and I lost it gulls. I was sobbing so hard. I want to somehow get into an organization like that and volunteer. I don't care what I have to wear, I want to help.

FEELS.

>> No.9093214

>>9093206
Yeah buddy not all relationships work that way. Not everybody can 'just be friends', especially if the relationship didn't just peter out. And it's for the same reason people don't want their SOs talking to their exes, especially if the relationship ended with the ex dumping them and then wanting them back.

Nice high horse you got there though.

>> No.9093218

>really love lolita
>tired of getting shat upon by people in comm online
>don't know who they are irl so I can talk to them
>feel like I really am the problem
>try apologizing
>take hiatus
>still being blamed for shit I wasn't around for
>wish I didn't give fucks, but do
>depression and self-hatred coming back
>decide to quit lolita
>goodbye cgl

>> No.9093222

>>9093218
What, no Leaving Lolita Sale? I am disappoint.

>> No.9093223

>>9093213
there are easy programs like that around where you dress up in your cosplay and see kids in hospitals and low income schools to cheer them up

>> No.9093225

>>9093213
>Freeman not realizing he helped me this last weekend feel better after feeling so alone in this world.
You already do help people man you just dont realize it T_T

>> No.9093250
File: 103 KB, 376x440, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Time for a story guys. It's kinda long but I need to get it out. Greentexted for ease of reading.

>be me, about 14y/o guy, always sat in the back of classes.
>only friend/person that's kind to me is this guy Tyler
>fairly popular, friends cover his ass when it comes to homework
>turned out, was gay
>really don't care about this
>eventually stops being nice to me, turns hostile spreading vicious rumors, hitting me, etc
>teachers do nothing, parents can't do shit
>basically ends up 'if you don't have sex with me I'll make things worse"
>given I just wanted the suffering to stop, went with him to bathroom
>shit happened, oh well
>next week, he showed up with a friend
>no choice or anything, just ended up raped
>spent three days borderline mute at school
>tried to tell a teacher who asked his friends if he would do something like that
>they all said no
>teacher turned a blind eye towards my constantly getting beaten on in the middle of class
>did meet a qt/10 but that got fucked when she 'heard I was gay, why didn't I just tell her'
>fast forward about four months later, ran into him in school bathroom
>black
>next thing I remember is repeatedly stomping on his balls while he's not moving on the ground
>nothing from teachers, no harassment from anyone else
>just alone
>bolt out of the bathroom
>timeskip forward two years
>generally avoid people if I have the option, at this point
>stuck taking a theater class, don't really like anyone there
>end up partnered with a girl who we'll call Nora
>things hit it off well, ended up sorta... pulled into group of friends.
>for two years or so I was happy, Nora and I were a couple, us and all our friends were goofing around, cosplaying, and generally being weirdos
>eventually a really big fight between Nora and I kicked off
>told her I needed some air and went home
>she went to one of our friends, Koichi, and said that I dumped her for no reason
>mfw

cont.

>> No.9093254

>>9093206
I have to agree with >>9093214
I'm not friends with any ex just out of respect for my SO.

Why?

Because I was intimate with ex, I put him as a priority with my ex, I told my ex I loved him etc

All things I now share with my SO and for me. So if I were talking to my ex, even as friends (which we ended amicably and not a bad break up) the fact that we were so close will always be there and in a way a slap in the face to my SO.

Maybe I'm just very loyal "on the extreme" side, but that's how I see it and it makes my SO feel better, more secure because he won't be worried that perhaps I'll be wanting to go back to ex, even though my feelings for ex are completely gone.

>> No.9093261

I feel like my dog doesn't love me.

>> No.9093262

>>9093261
>>/an/

>> No.9093263

>>9093261
This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

>> No.9093269 [DELETED] 

Cont. from >>9093250
>approached her after the fact like "Yo wtf" since I went home to get some air so I could calm down and help settle this peacefully but that pissed me off
>fighting continues anew
>eventually escalated between us to the point where that was basically the equivalent of Hiroshima for our relationship
>she started yelling about 'fucking straight white male fucking bigoted racists who can't see their own fucking privilege'
>this resulted in me listing off every transgression she made that pissed me off but I kept quiet about over the years
>that was the end of that relationship.
>mostly all of my friends ditched me except Koichi's ex Casca because she went through a similar thing with him
>six months after this, ended up meeting a girl- let's go with Kaoru for her, LDR starts up
>Casca and I are super close, considering she's my only friend other than Kaoru
>proposed to Kaoru stupidly, a year and a half into the relationship being a young, love-addled moron who's only had one successful relationship before this
>eventually, two years into my relationship Casca comes onto me
>don't even think twice about saying no because fuck cheating
>never heard anything more from her after that really
>for the last three months, Kaoru has been super distant from me, tried to get her to open up more but she really refused to lately
>she'd accused me of cheating on her before due to misinterpreting messages and paranoia
>just point out she's acting like she's been getting dick on the side regularly, especially after she met Eli (his real name since he's about as normie as they come, he's married but)
>she freaks the fuck out at this offhand comment
>as I'm typing this, Kaoru and I are basically no longer a couple, after almost four years after we met
>mfw

I know I'll be okay. I have a job, and my engineering degree is almost done. I just don't want to be alone anymore.

Swapped names for character names

>> No.9093275

>>9093254
Yeah that was worded badly earlier, my bad.

And, see, that's your choice. that's totally fine, I'm not sitting here saying "EVERYONE SHOULD BE FRIENDS WITH THEIR EXES ALWAYS DURR". I just don't get why 'You can't be friends with __ because I say so!" which is fundamentally what it boils down to. It's a slippery slope from 'Don't be friends with exes' to 'Don't be friends with people I don't like' to 'Don't have friends so all your time is mine'.

Again though, that's your choice which makes me happy to see that you're keeping your SO in mind.

>> No.9093277
File: 58 KB, 407x420, looking forward.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9093250
Cont. from >>9093250 (You)
>approached her after the fact like "Yo wtf" since I went home to get some air so I could calm down and help settle this peacefully but that pissed me off
>fighting continues anew
>eventually escalated between us to the point where that was basically the equivalent of Hiroshima for our relationship
>she started yelling about 'fucking straight white male fucking bigoted racists who can't see their own fucking privilege'
>this resulted in me listing off every transgression she made that pissed me off but I kept quiet about over the years
>that was the end of that relationship.
>mostly all of my friends ditched me except Koichi's ex Casca because she went through a similar thing with him
>six months after this, ended up meeting a girl- let's go with Kaoru for her, LDR starts up
>Casca and I are super close, considering she's my only friend other than Kaoru
>proposed to Kaoru stupidly, a year and a half into the relationship being a young, love-addled moron who's only had one successful relationship before this
>eventually, two years into my relationship Casca comes onto me
>don't even think twice about saying no because fuck cheating
>never heard anything more from her after that really
>for the last three months, Kaoru has been super distant from me, tried to get her to open up more but she really refused to lately
>she'd accused me of cheating on her before due to misinterpreting messages and paranoia
>just point out she's acting like she's been getting dick on the side regularly, especially after she met Eli (his real name since he's about as normie as they come, he's married but)
>she freaks the fuck out at this offhand comment
>as I'm typing this, Kaoru and I are basically no longer a couple, after almost four years after we met
>mfw

I know I'll be okay. I have a job, and my engineering degree is almost done. I just don't want to be alone anymore.

Swapped names for character names, deleted and reposted because I forgot pic

>> No.9093291

>>9093275
Ohh, I see what you mean. Yeah, it seemed you were more on the offensive.

I can totally see where you're coming from though. It can be something that's innocent to completely controlling.

Just really depends on the couple but you do have a point and you're not wrong :)

>> No.9093303

>>9093222
I think I'm just giving them to friends. Or maybe I'll make some random girl's day by handing over a free dream dress.
That actually seems like a nice goodbye.

>> No.9093304
File: 402 KB, 598x1021, 1465222617755.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9093291
It always takes me off-guard how friendly /cgl/ actually is, as a /k/ native. It's really nice, actually. I should come here more often.

>> No.9093315

>>9093304
You'll have some bitchy, salty anons here and there anon but you'll find a lot sweet, polite ones a lot! So have fun!

I would say visit lolcow...but the new admin is complete shit so no.

>> No.9093319

>>9093315
lolcow? Where is that?? Sorry, I'm somewhat out of the loop. I'm in the patterning stage for my Abyss Watcher costume so I haven't really dug around much.

>> No.9093323

>>9093319
lolcow is basically cgl on steroids except focused on the drama, they have different boards for different things some being for girly stuff, random etc.

There's some threads where you get some good conversations out of, and sometimes some really nice anons.

>> No.9093327
File: 270 KB, 1920x1080, Abyss_Watchers_-_Cinder.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9093323
>except focused on the drama

No thanks, I'd rather stick to cosplaying and not the shitstorm that drama can kick off.

Do you have any advice for what I'm working on? I'm a lifelong propmaker but I've never touched making an outfit, let alone imo the most badass NPCs in the Souls universe.

Maybe I should just build the Lord of Cinder's suit instead while I'm working on losing weight. (Was 220 at 6'3, looked pudgy- down to 203 in the last 3 weeks, god bless keto for letting me eat one meal a day comfortably)

>> No.9093331

>>9093327
Don't blame you.

Sadly, I don't but I definitely think you should try it and just give it a go anyway, hope it goes well and congratulations on the weight loss! Keep it up!

>> No.9093336
File: 487 KB, 450x343, devotion.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9093331
Thanks! For some reason I've lost all the fat on my legs so it's like from the waist down I'm SONO CHI NO SADAMEEEEEE while above the waist I'm a bit... Smushier. not fat but I'd like to see some tone for once in my life.

Have a Lain.

>> No.9093358

>>9091288
Ah this made me cry. I'm so sorry anon, I wish I could help. Cancer is a fucking cunt..

>> No.9093361

>>9093327
\\[T]//

It's making me feel a little hopeful to see this nice conversation.

>> No.9093363

>>9093361
Never give up hope, anon. If you ever need help with that, just come here or go to /adv/. If I'm here, just ask and I'll help out though. We all need a hand here and there, no shame in that.

Take care, anon. ^_^

>> No.9093434

>feed is now being overrun with all the shootings and blm shit from America

Fuck you guys, I want to look at pretty art and cute dresses, not this mess.

>> No.9093471

>Went to anime convention
>Last minuted costumes for my boyfriend and I, the place is a mess, pre con and post con aftermath combined
>My job is physically exhausting so I don't have much energy to clean let alone much else after work
>The mess is all mine

Is it selfish to ask for his help with cleaning?
I asked his help earlier and he just laughed and told me to not be such a slob. It makes me feel like an asshole for requesting this of him, but at the same time his help picking up would mean the world to me. (which he knows)

>> No.9093473

>Going to a local con with a Japanese international student friend soon
>Known him for ages
>He knows I like j-fashion like aristocrat and ouji
>We play tons of Monster Hunter and Pokemon together
>We agree if I ever go to Japan I'll visit him and he can show me around Shinjuku and Akihabara as well as a few shrines
>Just realized today I forgot to tell him I'll be wearing gothic lolita to the convention
>Don't know whether I should tell him beforehand or just sorta surprise him on the day

I have legitimately no clue how he'll react. I went in gothic lolita to a university gender bender party before and everyone loved it so I thought he knew but I realized today he commenced studies just a few weeks after that party. He's only seen me in extremely toned down Ouji in a themed party a few weeks after the gender bender one.

I'm leaning towards telling him but mang it's not easy. It's also hard because I'm gay and have no clue how I'll answer that question if he asks when he sees my outfit.

>> No.9093477

>>9093155
That's rough buddy. But you know sometimes just reaching out can make a difference, you're obviously not happy being a loner.

What about your bfs friends. Or his friends girlfriends, there must be a whole other social group there. And making friends isn't the mission impossible people make it out to be.

>> No.9093493
File: 32 KB, 550x550, 679.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9093471

It wouldn't be selfish, it'd be considerate of him to do so but also not 'required' but if he's just sitting around your place/the place while you clean up that's really rude. I can't stand when I am working my ass off and someone else is just sitting or standing there looking at me like I'm a fucking coolie working for massah even if it's not my mess.

Does remind me of a hilarious incident I heard of from my mum. Was away at university, they were doing renovations on the house. Step-father's sister's son was there to help for some reason, I think his mum/my step-aunt was there too. Step-father tells him to help my mum with cleaning/sweeping or something and this little 13 year old responds. "Cleaning? but that's a woman's job!". (the whole step-side of the family is hispanic but the kids father, the step-aunt's ex husband, has the real latin machismo chauvenism streak that must have rubbed off on his son)

Just imagining how goddamn livid my mum as an old school not-man-hating feminist would have been had me break down laughing at how much that little shit done goofed. Straight up deserving that jojo "To be continued" line the second he said that. But yeah it might be the streak of leaving cleaning to a woman is more pervasive than I thought.

But don't burn yourself out cleaning when you are so exhausted, just do little steps at a time.

>> No.9093504

>>9093473
>I have no idea how I'll answer that question

>are you gay?
>y-yes.

successfully answered.

>> No.9093505

>>9093103
I am pretty sure-ish that I have anxiety too. I'm okay like I function after a couple of months feeling comfortable to talk.

Did you feel like medication made a difference?

>> No.9093528
File: 629 KB, 960x720, loliarrest.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>fat girl in our comm just had a heart attack at 28
>refuses to accept that it's due to her weight
>parents won't help her
>tea party today
>she brought two damn Big Macs

>> No.9093547

>>9093528
>having your tea parties at McDonald's

that is just so sad anon :(

do you have anyone's house or apt that even is free? or a sit-down place that also serves iced tea like mcdonalds?

>> No.9093553

>>9093547
You misread that. They meant that the fat girl brought then not that the tea party was at McDonald's. Although the thought of a trashy tea party at McDonald's is pretty funny.

>> No.9093614

>>9091269
No hahaha

>>9090832
Thanks

>>9090822
The interview wasn't that bad I survived it I can't believe it. Still have to find out if I got the job or not.

>> No.9093638

>>9093547
Even sadder... It seems like she brought two big macs to their meet.

Some people are so in denial about thier weight and how much problem is causes

>> No.9093657
File: 153 KB, 640x1092, a7f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9091953
Already tried it and it's unfortunately too much of a strain on my leg.
I've tried jogging, hiking, walking, I just... it hurts so much.

>> No.9093673
File: 87 KB, 615x457, ohfuckles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>hit it off with beautiful lolita online
>would be an A+ gf
>she lives 2,000 miles away

>> No.9093682

>>9093528
>>9093547
>>9093553
>>9093638

anyone down actually to try this mcdonalds teaparty once?

>> No.9093698

>>9093528
>feeling down lately
>just slipped into old habits and super-overate
>forced to nap it off now
>step-sister is still dead

>> No.9093711

>>9093673
GO GETTER BOI

>> No.9093742 [DELETED] 

I wish we had competent mods that don't delete posts within the rules, while doing nothing about completely off topic derailing.

>> No.9093784

>>9089612
Just learn how to sew yourself so you don't have to rely on your girlfriend who is an emotional liability. It's not like you paid her.

>> No.9093790
File: 2.18 MB, 196x187, 1467745244686.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9093528
>girl who obviously never had any kind of parental support doesn't have her physical health together
>is under enough mental duress or financial strain to think eating big macs is acceptable option
>you actually think it's funny

>> No.9093794

>>9093218
Nah fuck that. Pick yourself up an awesome boyfriend that does ouji/aristo and come back like a blazing phoenix. I'll take your messages on line 3.

>> No.9093803

>>9091056
Congrats anon, I love that place and I tend to drop $20 at that food area. Plus a great place to feed my Ito en tea addiction

>> No.9093811

>>9091240
Which character anon? Also you don't seem to have that great of friends.

>> No.9093818

>>9093790
Apparently fat people aren't allowed sympathy no matter what.

I get the bic mac thing is ironic, but her situation is obviously shit and nobody deserves that.

>> No.9093858

>>9093790
I don't think it's funny at all. Maybe I sounded a little flippant, but I found it really sad.

>> No.9093929
File: 58 KB, 495x623, 1467792234793.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I finally have the money to buy real jfashion from actual Japanese brands instead of just admiring the clothes from afar and I couldn't be happier.
I wish I could go back in time to my 12 year old self looking at FRUiTS magazine scans and show her how far she will have come in 7 years

>> No.9093934

>sick as hell
>left the father of my child yesterday for his neglectful and irresponsible behaviors (posted about in previous thread)
>one of my most beloved friends killed herself the day before
>can't even go to the funeral, too far away
>father is trying to get me to work on my j-fash crafts, thinks I'll feel better
>got a bunch of resin pieces in the mail
>too depressed
>keep eating, never feel full
>sabotaging the hell out of my diet

How do I get out of this slump? I could sell some crafts, but the thought of making them right now makes me want to set myself on fire. I know I need to mourn, but I don't know how, I can't get closure and I cut loose the only person that I know could comfort me.

>> No.9093963
File: 527 KB, 500x281, 9b0.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

IVE BEEN CUTTING WORBLA WITH MY FABRIC SCISSOR

>> No.9093972

>>9093934
meetup with one of us

>> No.9093982

>>9093934
skype drink night it is then

>> No.9093986

>>9093934
:(
I will pray for you. You need to sleep. Watching television helps, keep it light, cartoons or old sitcoms and kids shows. If you have internet you can def find that stuff for free most likely, even if you don't have cable. Just let yourself breathe, metaphorically. It's okay not to feel, or to just distract yourself in a simple way

>> No.9094059
File: 2.77 MB, 287x191, 1396595910396.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no qt /fit/ bf to eat my ass and tell me i don't need to shower today

>> No.9094076

>>9094059
Name the con and I got you

>> No.9094104

>>9093682
No, and take your trash out of here. Lolita is for lovelies and we get our fries at the drive-thru AFTER the tea party meet, everyone knows that.

>> No.9094108

>>9093934
Gym, exercise, vitamins, enough sleep, extra time with your child and family, taking care of yourself better.

>> No.9094163

>nice girl in our comm
>her bf dies in a wreck
>she has a new one within the week

Wtf man.

>> No.9094185
File: 53 KB, 226x227, 1407624619665.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>meet a guy at a convention and exchange contact info because he's cool
>within a couple weeks, find out that he's one of the most obnoxious people I've ever met. (meming at innapropriate times, constantly begging me to be his fuckbuddy, going after taken girls then whining to me about how it doesn't work out,)
>tell him how much of a fuck he is, give him a chance to not be so obnoxious because he clearly has no friends
>doubles down in being obnoxious
>tell him this , give him advice on to how not to be a fuckwit and block him
>he proceeds to find me on all my social media and begs me to talk to him
>out of pity, give him a quick conversation and he begs me for advice on how to stop losing his friends since no one wants to talk to him anymore (although I've already told him advice)
>once again, give him legitimate advice, which confused him so I simplified it so much a 5 year old would understand
>within 5 minutes of the conversation he ignored it all and proceeds to be a fuckwit
>This nerd then has the gall to try to compare himself to my husbando to get into my pants

I blocked him on everything IMMEDIATELY
I'm so fucking triggered holy shit. My perfect husbando is tainted due to him I'm so mad I can't even enjoy thinking about my husbando anymore.

I know what its like to have no friends, it sucks. I wished I had people giving me a chance in my highschool years. but I can't do it. I can't do it. Its a waste of time to talk to him only to stress me the hell out and never learn anything.

>> No.9094192

>>9094163
She killed him, obviously

>> No.9094238

>>9094185
sounds like me, im terrible with ppl

>> No.9094274

I finally got one of my dream dresses. After trying it on it became immediately apparent that it's previous owner was quite overweight. My waist is very small, and the dress is so stretched out that it just gapes open in the back (full back shirring and no corset lacing) I'm trying to figure out how to fix it, but I don't want to damage it further.

>> No.9094290

>>9094059
Yooooo pls b in norcal

>> No.9094299

>>9091240
What character?

>> No.9094316

>friend cosplayed as a fancy fanart version of a character (so it's non canon but still pretty obvious who she is)
>got more ppl asking me for photos cosplaying as a character in a basic school uniform
>friend gets super passive aggressive at me until the end of the second day where i cosplayed someone else in a less known outfit
>had to deal with her being difficult for the entire saturday (longest and most eventful day) of the con

I don't have too many friends to go to cons with but she's the second one who has been like this. If you're going to cosplay a less known outfit then you should expect to be less recognized.

>> No.9094358

>>9094316
>not being happy for the 2 people that recognize your character at a huge con

>cosplaying for attention and not out of love for the character

what a waste

>> No.9094373

I go to cons with friends who aren't really friends.
I meet people at cons who think I'm cool, but dont see me outside of cons.

It's all a fake I guess.
Kill me now.

>> No.9094549

Well, bad news. A guy in my comm dropped out, and now we have too much tea.

>> No.9094590

I'll never finish this petty on time.

>> No.9094666

>>9091357
Losing a friend the SJW cult mentality not only hurts, but feels like there is an infectious disease spreading and destroying your fan community from the inside-out.

Condolences. Everytime I see a geek/nerd fall to that, It's like looking at crazy homeless on the street and having that horrible feeling of "That could be me next if I don't keep my shit together".

>> No.9094926
File: 1.65 MB, 800x450, headpat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9093471
No it's not. You made you guys costumes, you have every damn right to ask for help.

He expects a blowjob regularly, so goddamnit at least he can help you clean up. Even if he doesn't, you still made him a costume so.

What do you do as a job??

>>9091240
As a longtime gamer (I first discovered vidya at probably 2-3 with Super Mario Bros. and it just spiralled out of control from there) I am sorry your friends are cancerous.

Come to the r/Overwatch Discord server and just say you're new and looking for players to learn with, they'll take you under their wing. Hell, I might see you there if you're on PC.

>> No.9094956

>>9089713
>fucking people from a cosplay community
Wait until you have a good bf/husband.

>> No.9095346

I barely use facebook but I want to join a group for fashion. I'm afraid of being seen as a weirdo and rejected. I posted 5 posts during last year on my timeline. I don't really like social networks outside of blogs as they consume too much of my time, but I would love to get in touch with people with the same fashion hobbies.

>> No.9095789

>>9095346
Pm one of the mods and tell them basically this so they know what's up, send group join request. Not everyone shows their fashion interests in their FB and many people just use social media like for things like groups.

>> No.9095823

>>9091240
>git gud

I thought Overwatch was Memelands/Team Fortress 3, but apparently it's just League of Autism redux.

>> No.9097361
File: 1.14 MB, 1255x1080, mann.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089129
>friend of mine lost an eye firefighting.
>face is scarred on the left side, as well as his left arm
>when he comes back to our home town he doesn't tell me he's here, or what happened to him.
>get word from friend is that he is hiding at home and doesn't want to come out until he can "tan the scars up in his backyard"
>finally convince him to let me see him
>one of the first thing he says is "sorry I ruined our plans (cosplay plans)... Perhaps we should switch to a Darkest Dungeon party instead?

>He's suggesting Man at arms and for me to be vestal
>oh anon you wonderful man