[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 121 KB, 500x375, 4bba6cb7-8c5f-4ccb-a25d-04723d5a0ed7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9076899 No.9076899 [Reply] [Original]

Lolita / Cosplay In Public Stories

Ever been asked "are you in a play?" How has the general public treated you & what have they said?

>> No.9076904

>>9076899
"Are you in a play?"
"Why are you dressed up/What's the occasion?"
"Who are you cosplaying?"
"I used to wear dresses like that when I was a baby!"
"Will you take a photo with my daughter?"

>> No.9076910

I got my first "you look like Little Bo-Peep" comment just the other day, it honestly felt like a rite of passage.

>> No.9076923

I've had little girls ask me if I'm a princess and the mothers will ask me nicely to get a photo taken with the girls, which is kinda nice.

One year for our halloween meetup, I was walking to the meeting place (a busy public square) and a bunch of drunk military boys came up and said DUDE WHAT PARTY ARE YOU GOING TO, CAN I COME???

>> No.9076926

I find it odd when little girls think anything with a poofy skirt is a princess.
Lolitas, I can understand, but I've worn the most inane cosplays that happen to have a skirt and suddenly kids want a picture with "the princess"

>> No.9076936

>>9076926
Because princesses Can wear whatever they want, no mere shirt and pants for royalty.

>> No.9076940

"Will you take a picture with my baby?"
>proceeds to dump infant in arms of one of comm girls

who the fuck gives their child to a complete stranger to hold??

>> No.9076944

The best thing I got was when I was dressed in ouji and this old lady said "oh you're so cute, are you a rockstar?"

>> No.9076978
File: 105 KB, 670x506, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9076899
"Do you have a fetlife?"
"Can I go?" To whatever you are going to.
"Can I touch your" dress hair stuffed bag poof whatever it is this time.
>mfw

>> No.9076987

>>9076940
Someone on their second or third child

Why tf would someone WANT to steal the little shitcream and how far would you get with the fucker wailing the whole way?

>> No.9076988
File: 824 KB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_2016-06-29-15-40-25.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"I saw a TV show about this once! Living dolls, right?"
-some Claire's employee
>tfw capcha has me select claire's storefont

>> No.9077020

>"I used to wear dresses like that all the time when I was your age!"
I love old ladies.

>> No.9077022

>"Oh, you're having a bachelor party!"
>Not a single guy in the group

>> No.9077037

Usually get a lot of positive reactions, but ohhhhh my god.

Our last meetup we went to a festival in the park and some dude approached me while I was about to meet up with the rest of the girls. He basically barged right into the middle of the group, kept asking if he can join, asked a bunch of girls for their numbers, and wouldn't stop commenting on "how nice our legs are." It was to the point that he made one of those quips when an older lady stopped by to compliment us and she told him to be nice.

He wouldn't stop calling the dresses sexy and prerogative(sic; pretty sure he meant provocative, but ok, dude). Everyone was nice at first but we slowly lost patience with him the more he hit on us. We finally got him to leave by insisting he can't join our comm (which he kept calling "club") because we're a girls only thing generally (not true, but y'know). He also asked me if he looks Japanese (he was white as a sheet), asked another member if she's Japanese, and told us that he is 25, even though his beard was absolutely riddled with grey hairs.

What a fucking gem.

>> No.9077071

>>9077037
Whoa, that's some thirst.

>> No.9077076

>"Are you Alice in Wonderland?"
>"Why are you dressed like that?"
>"Are you cosplaying?"

And from some drunk guys at a bar I passed:
>"Oh my god! You look so cute! Your purse and the- You're adorable!"

Luckily compliments are much more common than weird reactions. I lose my spaghetti at everything unfortunately.

>> No.9077100

I was walking into a museum once and got stopped by a couple. The wife immediately went for the bo-beep question, but the husband cut her off and said "No, no, obviously it's a fashion! Can't you tell?"
I was impressed.

>> No.9077285

>>9077100
Omg that's adorable.

>> No.9077475

>>9076899
I wear lolita out pretty often and honestly I've never had any negative reactions (that I've noticed), everyone is really positive and complimentary. When the comm is out together people will often stop to take pictures of us but a few of the girls are quite vocal about the need for them to ask our permission first.

>> No.9077657

I went to an event with my mom while I was wearing lolita recently and she brought one of her friends along. The woman was so annoying. She kept saying I would never get married dressed like that, and after I informed her I was engaged, she kept asking me if he was "into it". She couldn't seem to understand that I could wear something that had nothing to do with a man's opinion. I'm pretty sure her entire life revolved around getting a boyfriend. Then she told me she totally "got" lolita fashion because she had seen that show on tlc about living dolls.
In the end, she completely ruined the event for me.

>> No.9077795

I know it sounds ridiculous and humble-braggy, but does anyone ever feel over-complimented in j-fash? Not just lolita. I feel bad when I go out with friends and someone compliments me on my outfit and ignores my friend(s). Or when someone comes up and they're kind of spaghetti-ing and then I start spaghetti-ing and it's an uncomfortable encounter. Or when someone compliments you with a weird edge, like they have a kind tone but add some sort of weird implication.
It's nice to be appreciated, but I wish I had a do not disturb sign for when the day is ending and I can't deal with uncomfortable situations.
>>9077657
Oh my god, I misread this at first and thought it said you brought your mom and her friend to a lolita event. Sorry that happened to you, though.

>> No.9077809

>>9077795
Honestly I find the over-complimenting issue to be more prevalent online than in-person. I've only ever gotten a handful of brief sensible comments in real life, but on social media I get the really uncomfortable "omg ur a beautiful fairytale princess" type stuff that I honestly have no idea how to respond to, or if I should respond to it at all because it just seems vaguely conceited to acknowledge it.

>inb4 humblebrag
lolita is inherently self-absorbed anyways

>> No.9077817

>>9077795
I'm commonly in a area with a lot of tourists, so I do get overly complimented to the point where it's annoying, because I just want to do my job or go about my day and I'd prefer to not have people gawking, even if it is in a complimentary manner. I get that they're here to see the sights but I'm a person, not a tourist attraction.

>> No.9077824
File: 30 KB, 500x315, f40d21c66e573bd69876fd226269b1eb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9077795
>>9077809
I feel this way a lot, but I learned to just say thank you. If you say nothing or downplay yourself, you end up kind of insulting the person who complimented you by implying that they have shitty taste. Pic related. It's Tumblr tier, but it made me get over my awkwardness.

As long as you don't act like your shit don't stink, no one will think you're conceited.

>> No.9077871

>>9076910
I felt like this the first time I got "It's not Halloween!"
In my country people don't even really celebrate Halloween...

>> No.9077910

>>9077809
Hah, weird. I usually don't get comments other than "cute" on tumblr/cof but I've been in like compliment-moshpits of weebs while running errands before. Must be a location thing.
>>9077824
I'm a strong believer in this too, but the issue is kind of beyond that. Sometimes people will try to keep talking, make inappropriate comments, or generally be a nuisance and you can't get away politely.
>>9077817
iktf

>> No.9077918
File: 46 KB, 985x805, groupp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9076899
Kind of a long post, but I went out on Tuesday with two other girls and we got lots of different (and interesting) responses from people. Of course, the most generic thing we were asked is if we were in a play. We weren't dressed particularly over-the-top, but it was as if every other couple of people would ask us if we were in some event or play. Tried doing outfit pics for reference.

The highlight of the evening was a really thin shirtless male walking up to us as we sat under shelter from the rain at a small coffee shop. He just looked at us and said, "You know it's illegal for mermaids to be outside before sunset, right?" He was quite sweet. Before he left he thanked us for being different from all the Wal-Marts, or something.

Otherwise, it was the usual stuff. I had one girl on the bus try to be low-key about taking my photo, but was holding the phone up to her face and slowly turning in my direction. I also take the bus around town often and my usual bus driver walked past me and did a very exaggerated double take. The final big reaction I got was when I was waiting for my boyfriend to pick me up. There was a car was parked across the road from where I was standing with a family inside and they kept pointing and staring at me. Like, at one point the rolled down their windows to stare. When my boyfriend arrived I couldn't stop laughing.

All-in-all it wasn't a bad experience. Most of the uni and college students have gone home, which was a huge plus, and the people are friendly enough. I do miss the city were everyone is use to seeing weird shit, honestly. I'm so bad at handling strangers.

>> No.9077935

>>9077918
Your drawing is super cute!

It's super weird that the most common response for everybody is the play comment. Like, why would an actor be out in public in costume.

>> No.9077941

I was waiting for a friend at the train station and this guy spotted me and immediately made a bee line towards me. He "nonchalantly" sat down right next to me (even though there was lots of space elsewhere) and just sat there for a while before pretending to notice me. When he struck up conversation he just talked about random shit and was obviously avoiding the subject of my clothes, despite looking me over pretty intensely from the corner of his eye. I'm an aspie myself so I'm a bit more understanding when people start flinging spaghetti so I just went along with it. After like ten minutes he was finally like
>"S-so I like your clothes"
>say thank you
>"Are they from that Japanese cosplay thing?"
>explain it's street fashion and not cosplay, but it did originate in Japan
>"I'm Asian too!"
>lol yeah dude I noticed but congrats I guess
>he stops talking and stares into space for a few minutes
>suddenly, in a much louder voice
>"DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?"
>poor kid spent all that time and effort trying to pick me up but didn't even notice my wedding ring
My friend showed up at exactly this moment so fortunately I didn't have to sit around while he gathered his spaghetti. Better luck next time, dude.

>> No.9078056

>>9077076
aw, drunk people are the best sometimes
I love the reactions I get from elderly ladies, I live in a small village so they tend to really like it, although people here often think it's "rockabilly", aha. I guess the palette/silhouette is marginally close to early 60's poofy dresses, but still.
I tend to ignore the chavs, they don't even use words. More like simian grunting, really.

>> No.9078081

>>9078056
I love when older people make the effort to learn words for different styles.
Walking down the lane to my house one day, an older lady stopped me and my husband and said "oh I love your frock! Is it Rock-a-BILLY?"
I loved the way her accent stressed the syllables in a funny way, and I was wearing Mary Magdalene's polkadot Angelica OP so it was a reasonable assumption.

I just thought it was a little odd because my husband is like the imperial measure of normal, and rockabilies tend to flock together.

>> No.9078106
File: 52 KB, 444x287, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've had really interesting reactions from people since I live in a touristy city. For example, I've been told by a drunk person during a meetup that the girls in my comm and I were butt pirates.

>> No.9078307

>>9076987
I meant more like, it's an infant, why would you give it to some stranger who might drop it or hurt it or something?

>> No.9078317

>>9077100
Ooh, I've gotten that comment before too! I think I was hanging with a friend after a meetup and some lady on the escalator behind me complimented on my matching accessories and stuff. She sounded so excited and my heart smiled many smiles that day

>> No.9078335

I've gotten asked if I'm in a play and stuff like that before. I don't mind it. Honestly, people who dress so out of the ordinary can't really expect to go in public and not get some questions. As long as no one is harassing you or being mean or lewd, I don't think the questions from strangers are anything valid to complain over.

>> No.9078337

>>9078106
Were you in pirate loli when this happened?

>> No.9078403

>>9077935
Plays aren't even that common yet that's what most people default to. I wonder why.

>> No.9078453

I seriously don't understand why people ask if you are in a play when you're dressed up in Lolita or cosplay. Like seriously do you see people in their play costumes heading to their performance? Those costumes are usually kept at the venue and the actors show up in normal clothes.

>> No.9078517

My favorite positive reaction ended up really making a meet extra enjoyable and fun for everyone. I live in a small town outside of a larger city and not many "interesting" looking people are in the area. Once or twice a year I will host a meet outside of the city so the people willing to make the commute can get out and do something a little different than the usual; usually very successful.

A friend of mine hosted a meet at a tea house in the area and it was owned by this incredibly generous middle-aged woman, who ended up being my aunt's best friend, so she's always asking me when we'll be back via fb. She was SUPER accommodating to us and didn't know what to expect from our group until she saw us. She was IN LOVE with the outfits and the style and the events we do and wanted to learn so much more and make sure that we were happy and would come back, so she gave us a TON of extra food and even went in the back and made some more specialties to try while we had our tea. She kept the tea house open extra late so we could have a little private party and asked if we could do a favorite outfit contest, judged by her employees. It was a ton of fun and we had a great time with the contest, and she even went and made prizes on the spot that were specialty teas and cakes with antique tea cups and saucers. I talk to her every now and then and she refers to us as "her Victorian girls" and is always offering to work with me to make the next meet really special/unique, and has even offered to do themed teas whenever we'd like and open on Sundays for us, which is when she usually closes.

She didn't know we were coming in dressed up and just loved it so much. Really that meet couldn't have got any better and will always be one of my favorites.

>> No.9078528

>>9076899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU-mKsQLWXQ

>> No.9078622

>>9077809
In my experience that's a very Tumblr thing and it goes way beyond just lolita/cosplay. An actor is their "flawless baby" and some character is their "perfect ace angel trans bb". It's pretty damn creepy.

>> No.9078636

>>9078622
You beautiful feminist icon, pls step on me queen

>> No.9078658

>>9078517
That's so sweet, anon!

>> No.9078726

>>9078337
Not at all. It was mainly gothic lolitas with some classic lolitas. None of us were even in OTT, either.

>> No.9078793
File: 216 KB, 442x337, laughman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>walking down the street with senpai
>fat dude in a pickup drives by
>rolls down his window
>screams "LOOOO-LIIIIII-TAAAAAS!"
>poop our dresses laughing

>> No.9078843

>>9078793
That's amazing

>> No.9078852

There are many weird Hispanic families who have pictures of me holding their baby.

>> No.9078865

>>9078852
I really wonder how many pictures of me are in a normie's Facebook album.
"I took a picture of this person!! They said they're not in a play!"

>> No.9078931 [DELETED] 

So do all lolita dressers like to seduce older men?

>> No.9078934

>>9078931
No.

>> No.9078947

>>9078931
0/10
Git gud or gtfo with your sorry ass excuse for bait

>> No.9078954

>>9078931
Thats mympet or whatever the fuck it's called

>> No.9078974

>be me
>wearing cheapass antaina tea parties picking something up at the mall
>plastic heels clicking on linoleum
>"excuse me miss"
>its a twelve year old boy with some friends
>"are those tap shoes?"
>does a little shuffley tap dance as an example
>wtf

>> No.9079216

>i find it very brave of you to dare wear something this feminine in public :-))))

>> No.9079267

>>9076899
I wonder if anyone else has this experience.

When I was an Ita new fag I would at least get 1-2 compliments from normies when I went out. Now I coord wwaaayyyy better and wear much much better clothes and I get nothing....

Is anyone elses burando scraping the normie complement barrell?

>> No.9079269

>>9076987
Best response. I laughed hard.

>> No.9079278

>>9077935
They're obviously not involved in theatre. It's rare for costume directors to allow people to dress up outside of the stage/performance grounds. It's a huge liability to lose and/or damage pieces.

>>9078403
Sad that people don't generally go see live theatre anymore though.

>> No.9079303

>>9078081
I was wearing Moitie and buying shoes to wear to a wedding. Lady in the shop starts gushing over my style and acting all knowledgable about alt fashion and stuff. Sort of drops a few "dolly-look" vague stuff.
A few minutes later, trying to pay for shoes she tells me to check out this "cool brand" that I'll totally love.

She was talking about Hell Bunny.
Hell. Bunny.

I hope she didn't see me shuddering.

>> No.9079309

>>9077037
prerogative. lmfao

>> No.9079310

>>9079267
Newbie/ita coords stand out and can look very costumey. People will ask about the occasion, or notice the loud outfit, you will get compliments from people with a not-so-good fashion sense.
High quality clothes, with well balanced coords look much more like ~high fashion~. They tend not to attract as much comments, as they look like a deliberate outfit.
Also your attitude, a newer lolita might act differently when they're out in lolita than in street clothes. People pick up on that and ask questions/compliments.
But someone who's used to it and looks like they're just going about their normal day will not be bothered as much.

>> No.9079412

Whenever someone asks me, "What's the occasion (for these outfits)??? :)))" I'll just look at them with the most dead expression and say, "Life."

>> No.9079826

>>9078974
lol what, that sounds so silly

>> No.9079845
File: 407 KB, 1280x1849, tumblr_mnkvmgGMgo1qcrkr7o2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9079310

I think this could apply to toned down lolita which has more 'normal fashion' elements and has normal clothing mixed in with a less obvious lolita silhouette. But to take an example, this would stand out from the crowd even though I think this is quite well coorded.

I'm not shitting on any type of lolita, but I think well done lolita can still stand out like a sore thumb from a 'normalfag' sense.

>> No.9079855

I was hit on this past weekend while in lolita, which is a first. The weirdest thing was that I was in a women's only store and the dude definitely did not look like he worked there.

At least he thought I looked "cute" and never mentioned dd/lg or living doll bullshit which is nice.

>> No.9079922

>>9077037

Hah, prerogative. Oh my god my sides.

>> No.9079971

Something a bit strange but also nice was when I went to a museum wearing classic. A teen girl saw me, told me she liked my outfit and was a bit spaghetti but I was cool with it. I saw her with another friend of hers in the museum later and she sort of gasped and signalled to her friend. I got the impression that she had been talking about me with her friend, because they both went up to me this time and were nice with compliments but twice as spaghetti. Leads me to wonder what she was saying about me to her friend.

Another interesting thing I've had happen is an elderly couple take heaps of photos of me while I was sitting in a different museum waiting for a friend. So much so that the security guard told them that they could ask me for a photo if they wanted one, which made them a bit embarrassed. They did later come up to me and ask for a photo and told me they loved my outfit after I sort of waved and smiled at them. The security guard was super cool and nice though when he came to talk to me later.

IDK, generally I'm not really fussed when people take photos or whatever so long as I'm pretty sure they're not doing it to be insulting and it's just like curiosity or whatever.

>> No.9079995

Once I was waiting for my friend in lolita, and I guess I was standing pretty still because some girl asked her boyfriend if I was "one of those statue people" that dress up and stand still for money

>> No.9079996

My comm had a biggish gathering at a fairly picturesque but touristy place in the city. Got a lot of responses
>the good
A very cute man dressed in a very dapper outfit asked to take pictures with us. It was hard to tell who was more excited- him or us. He loved our coords and we all loved his outfit. Smiles all around

>the bad
Soooo many people were more or less treating us like some sort of tourist attraction. I get that we were in a fairly touristy place and there were a lot of people there since the weather was nice and it was the weekend, but even when we straight up told them to their faces "please ask before taking pictures" they'd just walk by and pretend to not hear us. It was pretty rude.

>the meh
Most people just asked what the occasion was, etc.

>> No.9080416

>>9079996
Cheese meet?

>> No.9080472

>>9079845
Totally true but because well done coords look more intentional people realize that you just dress like that.

Ita = oh that girl must be in some event or doing this for laughs, how fun!

Lolita = wow does that freak really think she looks good dressed like that?

>> No.9080489

One time some friends and I stop to get ice cream at the mall after a meet. This cute little girl comes up to us and says, "My dad wants to know if we can get a picture with you." We assume that the dad wants a pic of us and his daughter so we all agree. Then the dad hands his camera to the little girl and gets in the middle of our group for the picture.

None of us knew how to react and that's still the funniest thing that's happened to me while in lolita.

>> No.9080837

>>9080416
Yeah

>> No.9080852

A group of friends and I were eating and some grown man made his 14 year old son crawl on his hands and knees up to our table and baa at us.

>> No.9080857

>>9080852
This needs to be kinkshamed.

>> No.9080862

>>9080852
sounds like he's a hilarious dad desu

>> No.9080872

>>9080857
>>9080862

We sort of told him he was being obnoxious and bothering us by making his son baa at us on a dirty restaurant floor while we were trying to eat and he told us to "shut up and turn the fuck around". Great guy.

We ended up getting relocated at a different table and the waitress apologized and told us that for some reason the guy always eats there with his kids and doesn't wear shoes.

>> No.9080875

>>9080852
Why is it always Bo Peep?

>> No.9080884

>>9080872
Maybe if you had a sense of humor and didn't let a harmless joke get to you he wouldn't have felt the need to tell you to shut the fuck up for being such a sensitive sourpuss?

>> No.9080898

>>9080884
Sorry, I'll try to be more humored next time at the fact that some stranger is baaing at me on the floor because of what I'm wearing while I'm trying to enjoy my meal at a nice restaurant.

>> No.9080905

>>9080898
How stuck up are you that you can't find the situation even a little bit funny? Its a joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.

>> No.9080912

>>9080872
Honestly I just feel sorry for the kid.

>> No.9080915

>>9080905
Stuck up enough to where I can see how crawling up to a group of strangers on the floor in a dining establishment and making animal noises is stupid and disrespectful to everyone. Why are you even on this thread if you find typical "bo beep" comments funny? They're not funny, they're super annoying.

>> No.9080926

>>9080915
Maybe it's because I've gotten laid in the past decade so I don't feel the need to be offended at every harmless joke thrown my way? You couldn't be more #triggered by a non offensive joke if you tried. You are dressed in an eccentric fashion and you can't handle a non sexual or violent joke about it? Fuck off out of Lolita if you are this sensitive that you can't just brush it off with an eye roll if you don't find humor in it.

>>>/tumblr/ is that way.

>> No.9080939

>>9080837
I wasn't there, but I saw pics. That guy looked amazing.

>> No.9080940

>>9080926
Are you a man or something?
The Bo Peep joke is one of the most common things lolitas get thrown at them, it just gets old really fast if it was even funny in the first place.
It's not even sensitive, it's just "ah haha... this again... every time..."

>> No.9080945

>>9080940
Right but when you go out of your way to be a cunt in your reply to it instead of just ignoring it like any mature adult would do you deserve a snarky reply. I am a girl and unlike you I'm smart enough to realize an eccentric fashion will get odd remarks and I am comfortable enough with my self as a person I can laugh at it or ignore it if need be.

You exacerbated the situation by responding to someone provoking you by calling them obnoxious. How the fuck did you think it would end??

>> No.9080951

>>9080945
That wasn't me. We actually weren't rude, we very calmly explained it and he was the one who retorted rudely. I sort have have the right to expect basic level manners from people in a nice, public restaurant. If I was at McDicks or something then okay, whatever, but it was a nice sit down sort of place.

>> No.9080959

>>9080945
There's a difference between an odd remark and forcing your kid to crawl on the floor to make a flat joke.

>> No.9080964

>>9080959
this.
Also, the kid was one inch away from our comm mod and was close enough to crawl under our booth.
I'm just so confused as to how you don't see how awkward and weird this is for any normal human being.

>> No.9080966

>>9080951
So why are you getting so worked up when I say it's a joke not a dick don't take it so hard? You stated that "we" told him so by your phrasing it's safe to assume you had some part in it.

You honesty sound like you are backtracking now and trying to make it seem as if you didn't take issue with it. It was a simple joke and honestly he was more creative with it than most in his joke.

>>9080959
I give him props for creativity. You guys act like he's beating his child, not having him participate in a joke.

>> No.9080969

>>9080964
It is awkward but you guys took it way too seriously and now you are being defensive online about someone telling you to chill out.

Any normal adult would be able to recognize the way to handle that situation is to ignore it, not confront it. If someone is behaving abnormally and you confront them about it I don't understand how you can act surprised they give a snarky response.

>> No.9080971

>>9080966
Yes, it was probably the most creative way I've ever seen someone make the hurrdurr BaPeep comment.
Still doesn't make it funny.

>> No.9080973

>>9080966
I did take issue because it's freaking weird to act like that in a public place. It is pretty funny, but only because it's just such a weird situation. If somebody did the same thing to me outside of lolita I'd politely tell them it's unwanted as well. Sorry you think that requesting basic human manners is immature. Anyways, I'm done derailing the thread.

>> No.9080975

>>9080971
I can't change the fact you don't see the humor in the situation but I can advise you to get laid to hopefully get you less uptight about life.

>>9080973
>I can't defend my argument because I'm in the wrong and I admit your original point of it being funny so I'm going to stop posting now

>> No.9080976

>>9080975
Why do you keep bringing up your sex life when you're the saltiest one here?

>> No.9080978

>>9080975
you must be 18+ to post here

>> No.9080981

>>9080976
Would you like to explain to me how my stating someone needs to get laid equates to talking about my own personal sex life? I mentioned me getting laid "in the past decade" once as a joke but that doesn't make for me talking about it multiple times.

>> No.9080986
File: 87 KB, 655x582, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9080978
#shotsfired
#rekt

Woah you totally just destroyed my entire argument.

>> No.9080989

>>9080981
You seem to have this laid = chill mindset, you brought it up twice now. It doesn't make sense since you are the only one mad at OP for not finding the baa thing funny.

You're not really good at jokes, I guess.

>> No.9080993

>>9080989
>insert edgy reply here about you needing to get laid and me being smart and mature

>> No.9080994

>>9080989
Do you not talk to people ever? How do you not know the very very common phrase "you need to get laid"? Or are you just so retarded you can't connect the dots? I'm genuinely baffled.

>> No.9080998

>>9080993
Nah I went the route of calling them retarded because they're retarded. I'm not that predictable.

>> No.9080999

>>9080998
please just stop I'm cringing so hard

>> No.9081000

>>9080999
Just because you want someone to stop doesn't mean they will stop. Welcome to the real world.

>> No.9081002

>>9080994
It would've actually landed if you were chill yourself. I'm just saying, it doesn't make sense in this context.

>> No.9081003
File: 63 KB, 400x366, owtheedge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9081000

>> No.9081004

>>9081002
How does it not make sense? Someone is whining about a joke on the Internet and in turn someone else told them to get laid. Are you really that autistic?

>>9081003
dank memes bro.

>> No.9081010

>>9081004
Yeah I realize I sound autistic as fuck. It's just weird to say "HAHA YOU NEED TO CHILL OUT AND GET LAID" while aggressively shouting at someone, yknow?

>> No.9081012

>>9080905
>someone doesn't know how to parent their children properly in public
>you should laugh cause it was a joke
If you teach your children to do stuff like that you're the reason why abortion needs to be a more common thing.
Not to mention in the story the guy that told then to turn the fuck around doesn't wear shoes in establishments? Is he a fucking barefoot activist?
The only thing hilarious is that lower class people have this low tier sense of humor to match.

>> No.9081016

>>9081010
I guess you have the misunderstanding that I'm actually upset over this. It's not impossible for two people with conflicting stances to discuss what they can't agree about without getting mad, you know that right? I enjoy debating shit just cause.

>>9081012
If you read any of what I said besides that one post you would know I said they should ignore it if they didn't like it instead of provoking the situation.

>> No.9081023

Oh look, Summer is here.

>> No.9081025

>>9081023
dank memes.

>> No.9081058

>>9080884
>>9080905
>>9080926
you sound really mad about someone else's reaction though

idk man, I'm not sure I would have said anything to the guy's face because I'm a weenie about confrontation. but I would have definitely asked to be moved, and I definitely would've been weirded out at the fact that this dude
a) humiliates his son in public and
b) is hostile when people ask him to stop doing something weird in a public place

I would not have found it funny. I guess humour is subjective.

>> No.9081063

>>9081058
I guess so many gulls on /cgl/ project how mad they are to the point it's the default answer to someone having a conflicting stance.

>> No.9081122

>>9081016
>child making loud noises is right up against your table
>JUST IGNORE IT!!!
Fuck that shit. If the parent is encouraging it and I'm a paying customer, I'm saying something. Their obnoxious hellspawn can just fuck off.

>> No.9081124

>>9080884
>>9080905
>It was a joke so you're a horrible person if you didn't laugh

Seriously? Something being a joke doesn't automatically make it funny or not annoying. It's fine that you find it funny, I kinda do too, but they didn't and that's also fine. What's really not ok is this guy getting so pissy that they didn't appreciate his subpar attempt at humor.

>> No.9081129

>>9081122
>child
>14

Legally yes but there's a better way to phrase it.

And if you do react in the way you say you would you shouldn't be surprised when the dad tells you to shut up. This is exactly what I said before, are you retarded?

>> No.9081132

>>9081124
Right, which is why I stated if they didn't find it funny the thing to do that wouldn't escalate the situation would to be to ignore them. Instead anon said they told him he was obnoxious and she is acting as if it was shocking his response was to tell them to shut up.

What the fuck would you expect?

>> No.9081135

>>9081016
Just ignore it is basically saying sit there and take it up the ass, why does anyone think it's good advice?

>> No.9081139

>>9081135
>ignore a person who is taunting you rather than confront them and knowingly bring on more taunting
>the same as being fucked in the ass

What? How insecure do you have to be?

>> No.9081165

>>9081139
It's not insecure to stand up for yourself, quite the opposite. I'd rather be cussed at by some loser than let him think I'm fine with him being an asshole.

>> No.9081173

>>9081165
to stand up for yourself over something so small and saying to ignore it is taking it in the ass shows insecurity. if it bothers you people make jokes that are pretty harmless that also shows insecurity.

>> No.9081176

>>9081139
So now it's taunting not "just a joke"?

>> No.9081180

>>9081129
If the dad sent the kid over there in the first place, it's not his place to get mad when people want to enjoy their food instead of entertaining him. He's the one interrupting their meal, not the other way around.

>> No.9081188

>>9081176
forgive me for using different words to say the same thing. I know it's hard for someone as retarded as you to understand.

>>9081180
I am not saying that it was his place, I am saying that someone who would do that is sure to react unpleasantly.

>> No.9081196

>>9081188
Sorry but I'm with >>9081165 where I'd sooner at the very least give them both a dirty look than pretend I don't see/hear anything and potentially have the father escalate the situation because he's not getting a reaction.

>> No.9081199

>>9081196
And that's fine but like I keep saying and you idiots keep failing to understand you shouldn't be surprised when he tells you to shut up. Is this really that hard to understand? Do gulls just never interact with other people?

>> No.9081201

>>9081188
>Taunt and joke mean the same thing

Taunt: a remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone.

Joke: a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

You're right, I'm retarded for actually knowing what words mean.

>> No.9081218

>>9081199
No one's surprised but he's still an asshole for doing that. Sounds to me like you're the one who's having a hard time understanding what everyone else is saying.

>> No.9081219

>>9081201
>cherry picking the definitions off of google
>not knowing that a joke can be a taunt

If your vocabulary is so limited that you can't understand the correlation it's just confirming my suspicion of you being retarded.

>> No.9081220

This shit has got to be serious bait.

>> No.9081221

>>9081219
Are you fucking new? Trying this hard to convince everyone that your opinion is right and that they are wrong. Holy shit. This is hands down the stupidest shit I have seen on cgl in the past week. I hope to god this is bait because you are hurting my fucking soul with your obnoxious existence.

>> No.9081225

>>9081219
>clearly missing the point
If it's "just a joke" no ill will was meant, a mean joke and a nice but annoying joke will get two different reactions. It's expected for an asshole to get mad when you tell him he's an asshole. That doesn't mean you shouldn't call him on it.

>> No.9081228

Let me try get this thread back on track...

>live in deep south, USA
>friends and I decide to stroll around quaint antique shopping district dressed in frills
>standing in line in local coffee shop for a beverage
>boy with thick southern accent compliments my outfit, saying he wished more "ladies" would dress like this these days

Surprisingly I've found some of these southern towns have a much more positive response to lolita than I've had elsewhere. Maybe it'd be different if we were wearing ott sweet, but it's still nice.

>> No.9081230

>>9081220
The reactions we get from the general public isn't really that varied, so this counts as entertainment I guess?

Has anyone else had creepy old men try to hit on you before? Two septuagenarians tried to chat me up during my commute to a meetup once, it was weird.

>> No.9081312

>old Japanese woman who apparently doesn't speak English
>excited happy pointing at lolita
>finally manages to make eye contact
>communicates her approval through the universal message of jazz hands

>> No.9081353

>>9081312
Is it embarrassing to derive extra pleasure when Japanese people approve of what you're wearing? I got an "ah, kawaii!" said about me from a twenty-something to her friends once, and in that moment my weeb heart burst with pride.

>> No.9081363

>>9081353
I wore jfash on public transport once and this old Japanese guy asked if I'd ever been to Japan.
I was in a shitty mood at time so I gave him a flat "no" and got off (I feel bad), but looking back my ego did get a little inflated.

>> No.9081435

>>9081132
who taught you not to stand up for yourself, shit bro. grow a pair maybe
>inb4 greyrock or whatever

>> No.9081444

>Cosplay Jyushimatsu at a con
>an older Japanese gentleman looks at me and smiles and just says "ah, Jyushimatsu!"
>communicate with him through a series of catchphrases from the show
OG osomatsu-san I will never forget you

>> No.9081451

>>9081312
>Bus station, lolita coord, minding my own business.
>Had japanese students openly glare at me as if I'm some weeb in cosplay drooling over senpaiiiiii~

I purposely divert my attention to anything but the Japanese students in my city when I'm in lolita. It's a college town and I know they have to put up with yellowfever weebs all day long. Fucking hated getting glared at though, hurts my feels :'(

>> No.9081454

>>9081435
I'm sorry I was taught manners and you weren't. You don't have to be this upset about it.

>> No.9081518

>>9081454
>manners
not like that guy had any js

>> No.9081538

>>9081518
Just because someone else behaves like a classless idiot doesn't mean you have to as well.

>> No.9081539

My group stopped by McDonald's after a meetup and some teenagers started throwing fries at me, but other than that I've gotten nothing but positive comments.

>> No.9081541

>>9081454
>>9081518
>>9081538

Stop.

>> No.9081546

>>9081541
Hammer time?

>> No.9081570

>>9081539
Did you called them out? If that happened to me I would had flipped my shit.

>> No.9081614
File: 576 KB, 500x300, christ.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT: "Buaah! Everyone's opinion is different from mine! Gotta get the last word and prove how much better I am by defending being a doormat in public instead of standing up for myself!!"

Anyways
>Usually wear really toned down coords for days off, eg. cutsews/normie tops and skirts
>Getting gas, and some guy on the other side of the pump has stepped out from behind it to gawk. Np it's expected, and he hasn't said anything until
> "IT'S NOT HALLOWEEN."
>Well if I'm gonna spill spaghetti, then I might as well take someone down with me.
>Look at him with a patient, confused look and answer, "Well yeah it's March."
>He looks annoyed and motions at me, "But what about this?!" to which I stare at him and ask, "What about it??" genuinely like he's speaking a language I don't understand.
>He looks even more flustered that I'm acting confused instead of offended and starts trying to explain his insult, but it's clearly not working bc what sort of insult is effective that needs clarification.
>His passenger sticks her head out of their window and yells, "Come tf on you sound so retarded out there!" The red-faced scramble back to his car made my day.

>> No.9081620

>>9081614
>doormat
>choosing not to give into someone being childish

kek

yeah having an anger management problem surely is the better way to go

>> No.9081625
File: 39 KB, 355x355, IMG_0492.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9081614
And in response to an equally tired insult
>Friend and I are returning to my car after shopping, and we're parked next to some outdoor tables at a restaurant. Cue the ubiquitous, "Hey Little Bo-peep!"
>Ignore it initially, but wtf is that approaching pitter-patter
>Man has abandoned his friends at their table to run up behind me and is shouting, "Little Bo-peep! You're like little Bo-peep!"
>Unacceptable, my friend is a normie and doesn't deserve to see this.
>maximumconfusion.jpg "I think you've the wrong person??"
>He's guffawing and tries to explain with, "No, little Bo-peep who lost her sheep!"
>I look at him like he's mental, look at my friend who's looking at him like he's mental, and look back at him to see his light and laughter fading quickly. "Uuhh sheep? What... who are you looking for? Have we met before?"
>He begins trying to explain, "No it's like this story with this girl, and uh, she, has sheep, and uh," and I interrupt with, "So she's not a real person?"
>He's trying very hard, and it shows so much that his friends tell him to come sit tf back down.
>Friend and I whisper and giggle as we put our stuff away while very obviously glancing at him like he's the weirdo. He's trying to make himself smaller in his seat and avoid eye contact. hehe

>> No.9081626

>>9081625
You sound like a cunt.

>> No.9081640

>>9081626
>nothtisshitagain.jpg

>> No.9081644

>>9081640
Well it's true.

>> No.9081654
File: 65 KB, 500x281, notthishsitagain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9081644

>> No.9081659
File: 71 KB, 345x542, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9081654
>can't defend herself
>resorts to posting memes

sounds about right.

>> No.9081660

>>9081654
Your filename is spelt wrong.

>> No.9081662

>>9081660
cry moar

>> No.9081664

>>9081662
Jeeze anon, I'm not even the person who's giving you shit. I was just trying to point it out so you don't look silly. Cheer up.

>> No.9081683

>>9076926
Because they're kids and noone knows what lolita is you fucking cretin

>> No.9081703

>>9081546
No, collaborate and listen

>> No.9081706

>>9081703
Fuck off with your shit taste.

>> No.9081712

>>9081614
>>9081625
I'm totally going to try this type of response next time I get someone being rude to me about lolita.

>> No.9081714

>>9081570
Omg anon have some manners and get a dick in you how dare you react when someone is being weird as fuck to you, you retard!!!1

>> No.9081719

>>9081714
Calm down anon.

>> No.9081967

>>9081228
that actually doesn't surprise me. women in the south used to dress pretty fancy. I could imagine folks there seeing some lolita coords and being reminded of old-fashioned southern belles long before it ever crosses their mind that it might be jfashion. something about that makes me smile. (am originally from tennessee)

>> No.9081975

>>9081719
Did you even read the thread?

>> No.9082022

>>9081683
Read the post again, dear

>> No.9082071

>waiting in front of a hotel for other comm members so we can all walk to the meet location together
>old middle age lady approaches
>tells me my Anne of Green Gables oufit is cute
>keeps going on about Anne of Green Gables
>mfw I have my hair in a low updo and I'm wearing grazia crown with a double breasted military style navy woolcoat.
I'm honestly confused how she even made that connection in the first place.

>> No.9082077

>at restaurant with comm, 7-8 girls just having dinner together
>extremely loud, probably kind of drunk middle aged woman comes up to our table while we're eating and chatting
>"WHAT IS THIS? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
>one girl politely explains that it's a fashion and we just dress this way
>"NO, I DON'T BELIEVE THAT. WHY ARE YOU DRESSED WEIRD?"
>we again say this is just how we like to dress, that we're not joking with her
>"STOP KIDDING, THAT CAN'T BE TRUE, TELL ME WHY YOU'RE DRESSED SO WEIRD."
>we get annoyed and tell her she can refuse to believe it if she wants, but some people just have different tastes in clothes
>she ends up not going away for another few minutes while we were just trying to eat in fucking peace, stays and shouts her disbelief and how weird we are until we tell her politely but firmly to stop interrupting our dinner

Why are middle aged people the worst to deal with? Old people and kids are usually sweet, and teens or young people have often at least heard of harajuku styles, so they're not so weirded out. But middle aged women are the most disrespectful and entitled people to deal with for some reason.

>> No.9082102

>>9082077
she sounds like a stupid middle aged bimbo head, hence why shes drunk

>> No.9082106

>>9080872
wow what a fucking ass burger

>> No.9082112

>>9080872
What happened to "no shirt no shoes no service"?

>> No.9082129

>>9077935
My guess is that when they say play they dont really mean a 'play', they mean more like any kind of performance. Like my city has costumed actors outside the entrance to a museum and they also take people on tours of the city in costume, or they might think its a flash mob type thing or something like that. Maybe they do think its normal for actors to get ready at home and commute to the venue in costume though haha

>>9079278
>It's rare for costume directors to allow people to dress up outside of the stage/performance grounds
Yeah our costume director would always look like he was going to have a heart attack the minute anyone stepped out of view with their costume on, bless. Very nice guy but obsessive over the costumes, which is fair enough when you put so much effort into them but he needs to stop stressing himself out about them!

>> No.9082153

>>9082129
You'd be surprised the amount of things that can go wrong during the walk between wardrobe and the wings.

>> No.9082182

>>9081975
Yes, that doesn't change the fact anon is continuing what should be a long dead argument.

>> No.9082203

>>9080926
This is some good bait

>> No.9082204

>>9081228
Do you live in Savannah? Similar things have happened to me there

>> No.9082206

>>9077022
Maybe they meant bachelorette party?

>> No.9082219

>>9081058
I didnt find this funny either. The dining anon said she wasnt rude and this guy not only thinks its ok to regularly eat at a place where you need shoes to enter the establishment (no shirt no shoes.... No service) hes obviously barged in made an ass of himself and the staff just deal with him instead of kicking him out. He tells strangers he bothers to turn the fuck around. Hes hostile easily angered and obviously has issues. He also made his 14 year old son act like a sheep. 14. Im pretty sure most if not all teenagers would be super embarrassed at the idea. Either that kid also thinks its funny or anon has witnessed some angry small minded man who uses verbal abuse and tantrums to get his way and his kid possibly knows if he doesnt do what his dad wants he will throw an angry tantrum. If hes ok with treating strangers like that in public refuses to wear shoes in a restaurant and his son is making animal noises at people i hate to think what hes like at home.

>> No.9082255

>>9081626
Jeez anon calm down and get some dick, learn to take a joke

>> No.9082283
File: 100 KB, 538x640, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Most of the reactions I've gotten, alone or in a group, have been the usual stuff already stated but mostly positive I guess?

The only straight up negative response I've had was when a friend and I went to a coffee shop in full coords. We were heading out as this group of middle-aged folks came in, and one woman under-her-breath-but-wants-to-be-heard muttered "well, thats a bit over the top."

>mfw OTT lolita exists
>mfw wait until you see that ma'am.

But other than that it has been aight.

>> No.9082742

>>9081199
I'm not surprised he told them to shut up. That's not the issue I had with your responses, it was that you got mad at them for not finding it funny or getting the joke and then for not outright ignoring the behavior even though the son was up in their faces doing it.

>> No.9083182

>>9076904
Has anyone actually ever seen someone out in public in a costume from a play?

>> No.9083192

>meetup at indoor mini golf bar
>get asked by drunk girl if we're a fashion flash mob

Sure why not.

>> No.9083214

>>9082742
>I was mad

I stated that I enjoy debating shit. If you really think someone jokingly telling another person to get laid means they are mad you might literally be autistic.

>> No.9083256
File: 33 KB, 500x375, 1467507170717.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9083214

>> No.9083260

>>9083256
Just because someone posting triggers your autism doesn't mean they will stop. Grow up.

>> No.9083283

>>9083182

Sometimes for publicity. There's that nun show on broadway right now and some of them went to a Yankees game in costume, I think.

>> No.9083287

>>9082204
I live in the Florida panhandle.

>> No.9083417

>>9083182
Only at Renaissance festivals, but there they blend in lol

>> No.9083520

>>9083260
Oh honey

>> No.9084652

>>9080852
I feel more bad for the son in this case, that he was made to do it. I'd hate my dad forever

>> No.9084658

>>9084652
14 year olds can be pretty shitty, he might've thought it was funny too.

>> No.9084703

>>9078517
This is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I wish stories like this were more common!

I've gotten very few comments from strangers in Lolita. Most of the time people just silently stare at me. The only comments I've ever gotten were from older women, all telling me how they love that I'm dressed "like the old days." I'm dreading the day that I get harassed or something. I must be about due for it. I live in sort of a crappy area and have gotten creeped on in normal clothes so it surprises me.

>> No.9084838

>>9084658
Anon from before here. When we were walking to our seat we heard them snickering and paid it no mind, then after the boy did the sheep thing he went back to his table and they all were cackling like it was the funniest thing ever. Convo went something along the lines of "Im sorry sir are we bothering you?" and when he answered no we said "then we'd appreciate it if you didn't bother us" and that's when he got aggressively verbal and he decided to argue with us while we repeatedly told him his behavior was inappropriate while we were trying to eat.

And I'm sure you're familiar with the kind of cackling it was. It's the sort of laughter you hear from pre-teen boys who throw stuff at you from their car window.

>> No.9084867

>>9083182

I saw it once and a while when I worked a community venue. We'd usually get a bunch of high school kids in costume- usually things like classic Western costumes or 50s style stuff- walking around for a few hours promoting their show and giving out handbills. That's the only circumstances I think I've ever seen it happen in.

>> No.9085088

>>9084838
You have no reason to try and defend yourself anon, people can't expect to act shitty and get away with it. Sorry that happened to you.

>> No.9085186

>>9079310
This probably explains why the compliments I've gotten over time have dwindled despite continuous improvement on my end. On the plus side, the compliments I do get nowadays are a lot more well thought out and genuine feeling!

>> No.9085330

>>9081570
First two times I let it slide, third time I whipped around and caught him dead in the act. I did call them out and they pretended like they had no clue what I was talking about, which is annoying as fuck, but then my group started to leave anyway so I just up and left.

>> No.9086179
File: 15 KB, 236x314, 60331c67b751a15a940d84e484959921.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>wear pic related with simple IW blouse (short sleeve)
>have hibiscus flowers in hair, do victory rolls, wear hibuscus lei
>wear to family luao party
>aunt says, "omg, you look just like Little Bo Peep! Where's your sheep???"

Literally fucking how....

>> No.9086189

>>9085330

>>9085330
>caught him dead in the act
>they had no clue what I was talking about
may I choke them for you?

>> No.9086191

>>9086179
You have to be Itaqueen, because no one else owns that dress.

>> No.9086192

>>9086191
Sorry, but I'm not. I have just the one in the photo, she's got a tacky collection of these things worthy of much admiration.

>> No.9086251
File: 340 KB, 1280x720, 1444961684047.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9086192
You own that?

>> No.9086424

>>9081173
Listen, I've worked in customer service and the food industry for a long time. Of the customers don't do something, I fucking will. No your teenager can not crawl around on the floor in a public dining establishment. Take your immature child to chucky cheese.

>> No.9086427

>>9081220
Like we don't know who is doing this.

So fucking predictable.

>> No.9086476

>>9086427
Bitter-chan pls go

>> No.9087927

>>9086251
With pride.

I mean, it's really difficult and really too ugly to make a good coord with, but if you wear it outside of lolita it's generally a hit and really cute. I did a half-ass coord that was way more retro wear with it and still got the Bo Peep comment, which has me baffled.

>> No.9088231

>>9080939
post dude's pic, for..scientific reasons

>> No.9089662
File: 137 KB, 338x377, ohyou.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9083260

>> No.9092752
File: 17 KB, 328x215, 1455735977030.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wore sweet lolita to pick up my friend at the train station and go shopping/eat.
Things that happened:

>Why are you dressed like that?
Answered "like what?" with the most gentle smile possible they said "nuffin",went away

>So ye dressing for a bachelorette partay? Who you marryin'?
Two guys at a stop.
Friend answered "me" and we laughed. Then guy said he saw girls like me at a con and i explained it's just a japanese fashion.

>"Uh you know pants cost like 8€ at Primark right?"
Lil bitch and her friends. Ignored her. I am too cool for pants. And i don't want to get into a fight so i always ignore or answer calmly.

>Hit on by a neckbeard in a geek store
He told me about his katanas and how he liked lolicon,yuri,... and is a metalhead geek otaku. Noped out

>"Hey Alice"
Alice is actually my second name. Smiled.

>Two girls actually having their bachelorette party asking me for a pic
Said yes. They were adorable.

>Lady at a store gushing over how cute I am and how she loved my dress
Aw chucks thank you.

>Spanish tourists whispering "Muneca"
Ahuhu.

>Japanese tourists being amazed at saying a lolita(or cosplay as some said)
One of the guy said something rude apparently since her gf elbowed him. Wonder what it was. Just smiled at them.

>drunk girl yelling WTF IS THAT I WANNA TOUCH YOU
whispered "that's what she said" to my friend and we laughed

But hey it was a nice day overall.

>> No.9092907

>>9092752
My name is Alice and it trips me out when people do this because I don't recognise the irony straight away, I think they actually know me and I just can't remember them kek