[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 79 KB, 600x800, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9070640 No.9070640 [Reply] [Original]

Old is gone. Use this to ask help on your coords!

>> No.9070954
File: 73 KB, 787x743, lemonadecoord.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thoughts?

>> No.9070957

>>9070954
The socks seem too dark and different from the rest of the pinks. If you can't find a pale pink then I would go with white. No need to draw undue attention to your feet away from the print.

>> No.9070963

>>9070957
Ahhhhhhhhh. Good point. I saw them and only thought of matching the pink inside the jars. The socks aren't solid but have a very faint lace pattern too so they might look a little lighter when worn, but that would be a lot of attention right to the feets.

>> No.9070976

>>9070640
Fug. What dress is that. It's so pretty. The weird pink lace things in the top left are too bright, if this is your coord. What even are they

>> No.9070982

>>9070976
Looks like's AP's Glass Doll OP.

>> No.9071481
File: 129 KB, 640x1136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry for sideways pic, mobile. Anyways I've never made a coord before and picked these shoes up at a thrift shop. Are they suitable for Lolita? Do they look more sweet or classic?

>> No.9071537

>>9070954
Where are the shoes from? They're lovely!

>> No.9071551
File: 568 KB, 393x565, Screenshot_106.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i'm new to lolita and i have the infanta 'holy churches' jsk (pic is the color + print). any ideas on how to make a coord w/ it?

>> No.9071556

>>9071481
I'd say no because those bows are sad

>> No.9071574

>>9071481
^ agreeing with anon here, bows look sad.
You could try making some bows/scalloping from the same fabric as the shoes? I don't think it'd be too hard (I'm doing the same thing with a pair of white pleather flatform things, got the pleather fabric on eBay for something like $5)

>> No.9071649
File: 30 KB, 500x600, 023c0b135957a388836268ee405600a9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm so lost trying to figure out what blouse to pair with this. It'll be hot so I was thinking short sleeve but it's such an elegant dress and most short sleeve blouses are very sweet.

>> No.9071689

>>9070640
I can't seem to find purses that would fit with my military lolita wardrobe. Any suggestions? Links or general types of bags I can look for locally?

>> No.9071798

>>9070954
Is that a pink blouse you're pairing with the pink skirt? That seems kind of odd to me and kind of messes up the color balance with the legwear.
I would use a white or sax blouse instead and then find otks in that color as well. If you're using those brown shoes then a sweet looking brown bag would be a good choice.

>>9071551
Work with mainly the navy and gold and add a bit of white/ivory if need be. Gold printed legwear and navy heels should be good.

>>9071649
A short sleeve blouse with a high neckline may look elegant enough, but if you have your doubts then a 3/4 sleeve hime blouse would be nice and weather appropriate.

>>9071689
A satchel or briefcase style bag should work.

>> No.9071930

>>9071798
I think I'll go with a 3/4 sleeve, it actually never crossed my mind until now. Thanks for the suggestion!

>> No.9072778

>>9071537
Amazon, but that seller doesn't have them anymore. You can search from them as
Women's Chelsea 2" Kitten Heel Leather Mary Janes - Brown
by: PEDILUXE FOOTWEAR
They have super comfy gel soles too. I love them so much.
>>9071798
I'll take another look at what short sleeve blouses are for sale.

>> No.9073736
File: 529 KB, 788x611, Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 1.06.50 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Posted this in the old thread but only got one response because the thread died. Am looking for advice on the legwear and wigs.

Right now leaning towards the Lockshop wig. For the legwear, the Candy Stripe OTKs are my goal, but I don't know how easy they will be to find in that exact colorway on my timeline (wearing this to a con in September), so I'm thinking of polka dot tights in the meantime.

Jewelry will be macaron themed with white pearls.

>> No.9073760

>>9073736
I like the bottom wig for sure better, the top looks very unattractive. For the legs, polka dot tights seem to work for now but I would get the OTKs if you can find them, because personally I think polka dots would be a little distracting. Other than that, I really like this coord! It's probably just photo but the pink in the shoes is a bit darker than the pink in the other accessories.

>> No.9073791

>>9073736
If you need it for September, lockshop may not be your best bet (I believe there have been shipping issues recently), you could see if anyone is selling that wig secondhand, or post in the wig thread for suggestions on where to find a similar wig. I agree with the other anon here that the GLW option is unflattering.

>> No.9073869
File: 563 KB, 1080x570, black coords.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have two coords here and I'd like to use the same shoes and bag for both since they're the only black pieces in my wardrobe.
I liked the mu-fish cross bag but the black color isn't in stock anymore, so I could use suggestions for a replacement!
I'm also looking for wig suggestions for the right coord especially.

>> No.9074249
File: 11 KB, 350x350, 103778219.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9071481
They might work better for general feminine styles, like otome kei - the bows aren't too dissimilar to these f i.n.t shoes. I think they could possibly work for classic lolita, but not for sweet.

>> No.9075261

what are some good blouses to wear with sailor JSKs that wont cover up or get in the way of the sailor collar?

>> No.9075267

>>9071551
Depends on your styling. It's an elaborate piece, which can be played up for OTT with the right accessories. I personally love navy/black, but going navy/gold/white is the safer option.

>>9071649
Seconding the hime blouse idea!

>>9073736
>GLW
Don't do it. Besides that, I think this is a really attractive coord.

>>9073869
The right coord could use some jewelry to balance out the busyness of the tights+skirt. The tights+dress on the left are too busy IMO.

>> No.9075332
File: 29 KB, 307x272, purse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9075261
Either a high neck blouse or one with a round or square neckline works. One of those stretchy halfa good option too.
blouses that are popular now would be

>>9075267
(@ the last reply) Maybe I could add a brooch on the blouse's bow tie or use a jabot instead? I'll see if I can get a nice pendant too.
Yeah, I wasn't sure on the left tights either. I may just get them anyway if I do a mu fish order but something like sheer ivory or lace tights might be better I guess? I'll find a few options.

Also for the left coord I was thinking about using a little beaded purse (pic related) but I'm not sure about it for the right coord. Still looking for ideas for that then.

>> No.9075816

>>9075332

>>9075267 here, I like the idea of a brooch! The wig you decide to wear can also make an impact - a more elaborate updo, and maybe earrings to match the brooch, will aid in the balance.

One thing to keep in mind for the purse are the dresses. Left has mostly gold-tones, while right is very cool and silvery. Any purse you use will have to 1) match the black, and 2) match the "tone".

>> No.9076169

>>9073869

Just a quick note on the blacks in this one. Usually indie brands don't print pure black. Generally it's a good idea to avoid putting indie black prints right next to opaque true black, so you might want to swap out the black blouse on the right for a chiffon or lace blouse instead.

I'd also add a caution that mu-fish tights already look washed out on the skinny legs, if you aren't as skinny the print will probably become grey once you pull it on as well.

>> No.9076208

>>9075816
I'm going to have to look up some updo ideas. I was thinking of working with either a silver or dusty brown color wig for the base.
I have the skirt here so I checked, it's a much warmer tone than in that pic but it does have a slight silver pattern to it, so reconsidering using gold metal for it might be appropriate.... I'll try to stick to silver or antique metal for it.

>>9076169
Yeah the skirt is actually more of dark charcoal than true black, and the blouse I have is chiffon with sheer-ish sleeves so I thought it would be alright. Maybe I should try to add another charcoal element so it looks more intentional? The legwear may come in there.
I'm stick thin so no problem with the printed tights. I think I'll get some black lace ones or something too to try some different combos just in case though.

>> No.9076400
File: 728 KB, 1080x1080, 2016-06-29_19.59.10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can someone tell me what style/s these outfits are? Buying something for my girlfriend but not sure if they are the right style (she doesn't like sweet?)

>> No.9076419

>>9076400
If your gf is a lolita, I highly doubt she wants a replica (I'm assuming you pulled all these off my-lolita-dress/taobao). The top middle is a replica and is considered sweet. The center is Qi, not recommended as it's hard to pull off. The skirt next to it... I guess is also Qi? Top left is sweet. The rest could be considered classic.

It's very very hard to buy lolita for someone else when you're not familiar with the fashion. I would recommend maybe getting her a gift card to her favorite brand instead, or buying something more simple like some brand accessories. Innocent World has a sale going on right now, they've got a ton of headbows and socks and stuff, all classic-oriented.

>> No.9076431

>>9076419
Thanks anon. I didn't know about the replica, I knew that she liked that print in the skirt and dress but i couldn't find it other than on mylolitadress and didn't realise there were fakes. I guess that getting a brand of that skirt will be hard if there are replicas floating around.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a look over there now!

>> No.9076572

>>9076208

Mixing near-black and true black sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, honestly. You'll have some issues getting an exact grey match, and since we're talking black vs near-black vs grey, the exact match and colour balance becomes nitpicky, since there's small but significant diference between them. Plus, Most people have experienced black clothing going grey as it fades, so to most people, a grey-black item looks old and worn out rather than intentional, the association might not even be conscious but they'll have a bit of a bias against it.

I hadn't noticed the Cel print is a skirt when I suggested the chiffon blouse. I'd say pair it with a white blouse, instead of black. Probably the same reason the original taobao shop did their coords with white blouses and not black.

As for the black blouse, the point is that your skin showing through the black chiffon is what will confuse people's eyes, so they can't compare the pure black from one to the near-black on the other item. So basically you want a sheerer blouse than the one in your pic (or a lacey blouse with enough holes). The chiffon material isn't what will make black and near-black automatically match, your skin being able to show through is.

>> No.9077051
File: 714 KB, 800x600, skirt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9076572
Here, took some pics in natural light to check out the contrast. I accidentally had HDR on so you can see the color undertones more than they're visible in reality.
So the skirt has kind of a checkered pattern with lighter and darker black-ish shades and pitch black lace which matches the blouse... I'm guess I'm wondering if that makes it look intentional enough? My worry with a white blouse is then being unsure if the shoes + accessories should be true black or the skirt color.

One thought I had was making my own headdress with gradated black to dark gray roses to help with the color balance if that works?

>> No.9078252

>>9076431
The print is Crystal Dream Carnival and you can find it on Lacemarket--it's a secondhand lolita site and everything is 100% authentic. It's a fairly pricy print but skirts are typically always cheaper than dresses. Be on the lookout for when a skirt comes on sale, CDC is a print that's almost always selling on Lacemarket. Just keep in mind that you need an account if you're purchasing anything on the site.

>> No.9078268

>>9077051

I still think this looks faded, but maybe other anons can chime in and say if they think it looks all right, or you can go ahead and attempt the full coord with the other grey elements and see if that works out. Since you already have the skirt and blouse, you might as well go all the way and try out the grey x black coord anyway, I guess?

As for the bag and shoes, if you get them to match each other, and they're made from pleather, not fabric, then they'll look okay. Again, the eyes kind of make allowances for leather as it reflects light in a different way from fabric, the two items are usually not next to the skirt all the time, and having the bag and shoes match each other kind of balances out the distribution.

>> No.9078278

>>9077051
I wouldn't coordinate this with a black blouse, anon. The dark checkers aren't dark enough to match. Maybe instead you could do another color like white, and use a black vest or bustier? The grey isn't light enough to create enough of a contrast and isn't dark enough to match the true blacks you're using.

>> No.9078283

>>9078252
Thanks anon, you are awesome. I'll keep on the lookout and hope one comes up soon

>> No.9078358

>>9076400
Chiming in with the other anons. Don't buy your girlfriend a main piece. You have the risk of buying something that doesn't fit her, is a replica, or she just doesn't like. It'll create tensions in your relationship. Check her facebook to see if she has a dream dress album, and go from there. If there is a specific dress you /know/ she wants then try to find it on lacemarket or here in the buy/sale/trade thread.

Better gift options that most lollitas would like:
- Gift card to a lolita brand you already know she likes
- A nice camera
- An afternoon tea at a fancy hotel
- Actual cash
- Gift card to a local kawaii goods shop
- Kinokuniya gift card

Or just any normie present

>> No.9078396

>>9078252
>>9078283
that's a bit misleading. while there is a high chance that things you will find on LM are legit, replicas are still occasionally posted - everyone can post an auction/sale and it's up to them to be truthful about whether it's the real deal or a replica. however, replicas tend to be removed from the site when the mods notice them. basically search for past sales and compare prices. if it looks too good to be true it probably is, you can ask on cgl for input since there's a lot of gulls who are very good at spotting replicas based on photos.

>> No.9079084
File: 15 KB, 337x599, 3483cc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9078268
>>9078278
Thanks for the advice, since I don't really wear black I'm not very familiar about the rules for matching! I'll try the black and gray combo out since I have the pieces but I have pic related blouse on the way too which I can use for a more classic type styling I suppose.

>> No.9079519

>>9077051

I think the black blouse looks fine here. I've done coords with faded black / dark charcoal before and you almost have to treat that as a separate color. If you make sure all the other blacks in your coord match the one in your blouse, it's fine to let the skirt pop as the one matching non-black, plus you said you have lace on the skirt that matches the blouse.

So I would go for an all black coord and maybe pull in accent colors from the skirt for jewelry. You might even be able to find gunmetal color jewelry, and I think here pulling out the red or blue in the skirt would be a nice pop of color for stones.

Consider going with tights that have a texture, to keep some visual interest, but won't detract from the skirt. The stained glass tights you originally showed had different colors and tones than your skirt and wouldn't look right.

>> No.9079527

>>9078396
I didn't bother mentioning replicas because they almost always get taken down unless they're legal design ones. I've done over 200 sales on Lacemarket and haven't once encountered a replica when purchasing. Maybe that's just me. Obviously everyone still needs to be cautious but it's a safe site to buy from.

>> No.9079583

>>9070954

love love love this. Only crit is maybe switch out socks for sheer tights

>> No.9079685
File: 724 KB, 750x1000, TB28V_cpVXXXXa.XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2212853299.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are there any do's and don'ts for coording suspender skirts?

Pic related. I want to do something with short sleeves for my first coord with this.

>> No.9079816

>>9079685
This is a horrible choice for your first coord. You need something more versatile, something that's more of a staple piece and easier to coord.

>> No.9079830

>>9079816
It's not my "first coord" ever, just my first coord with this particular piece, because I'd certainly like to wear it more than once. I wouldn't say I'm great at coording, but I still have a burgeoning wardrobe and stuff to work with it if I want to switch things out. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

>> No.9079879

>>9079685

Do's: have flat boobs

Don'ts: have big boobs.

But seriously, I think most issues with suspender skirts and salopettes are when really busty girls try to make them work. If you're fairly flat you can probably treat it like any other skirt and be totally fine doing whatever you want with it.

>> No.9080087

>>9079879
Sounds good! Thanks!

>> No.9080204
File: 105 KB, 752x890, britishshorthair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Which socks would work best? the 60.00 dollar ones are my fave but that's some huge markup. I'm open to other suggestions with links to buy, if you have some you want to sell send me an email.

>> No.9080227

>>9080204
and i botched it of course.

>> No.9080736
File: 896 KB, 839x644, first coord help.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9080204
I simply love the skirt. Thanks for the discovery.

I want to get started into lolita, so here's what i plan to buy for my first coord. I have issues to find dresses that are long enough for me (i'm 5'11). But i don't want to buy dresses with tailoring options before i'm sure to get into lolita fashion, so yeah why not starting with a bodyline dress.
I already have a pair of black mary jane shoes that would match the dress. I don't really know what to pick to put on my head.

>> No.9080775
File: 62 KB, 428x640, 10275_640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm genuinely sorry if this is a n00b question.
I just bought my first JSK to get back into the fashion after 5+ years of dabbling/admiring from afar in it. It's an old school pink JSK and I'm wondering what type of wigs generally go with old school?
I'm thinking something curly and a soft blonde color, similar to the pic attached.
Any old school advice/photo insp would be appreciated since it's my absolute favorite.

>> No.9080778 [DELETED] 
File: 86 KB, 576x494, 13563176_283712455314110_1179381516_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Someone please help me out of this indecisive hell.
Under or on top?
(i just feel like short sleeved blouse under jsks tend to look more "childish"/weird, but i feel like putting it on top makes me look fat)

>> No.9080779
File: 121 KB, 500x600, ap_fantasytheaterotk (3).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9080204
get the top right socks. you can also get AP's fantasy theater which is similar

>> No.9080807

>>9080778
You realize blouses are supposed to be worn under JSKs right? It looks bad over.

>> No.9080819 [DELETED] 

>>9080807
Yes you're right. But this blouse is super long and it's chiffon so i was wondering...i thought it was kinda cool over (like a peignoir or something since i can't find my goddamn white bolero) but it makes me look weird shape-wise? So yeah. I'm probably going to wear it under.

>> No.9080823

>>9080736
The nice thing about a simple OP like this one is that most headpieces work well with it. If you're going for something simple and affordable, the plain black rectangle headdresses on Bodyline's site are a good bet. But really I think anything with black as its main color would be fine.

>> No.9080826

>>9080819
It looks terrible that way. I'm honestly shocked you had the balls to post a pic looking like that.

>> No.9080827

>>9080775
Natural hair is the best or natural looking wigs (pic related seems too long and, like many "blonde" wigs, is often yellowish, showing that it's a wig).
Try some dark blonde instead if you can't find a correct blonde one?
Also welcome to the fashion anon!

>> No.9080834
File: 205 KB, 431x417, 1389243197975.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9080807
>>9080826
nvm deleted it to avoid more shame, you are right it looks awful.
It's 2am here and i'm super tired + stressing over tomorrow so i'm probably not thinking straight

>> No.9080835

>newfag makes a mistake and then bawleets their post

cause we can't check the archives and laugh at you embarrassing yourself right?

>> No.9080848

>>9080835
>newfag
Nope. Am on /cgl/ since two years dude.
Just deleted it because i realized it was a bad idea no need to be so salty about it. You can go check the archives to laugh if that amuses you or whatever. Really.

>> No.9080849

>>9080848
>only here two years
>not a newfag

???

>> No.9080850

>>9080775
Personally I think the wig balances well with your JSK. If you think it's overwhelming, try braiding it, and if it still feels off, wrap the braids into loop-tails.

>> No.9080886

>>9080835
>posts picture
>LOL DELETE THAT WHAT A RETARD
>deletes picture
>LOL SHE ACTUALLY DELETED IT WHAT A RETARD

cancer

>> No.9080902

>>9080886
>everybody who responds to a poster is the same person

IQ at room temperature

>> No.9080917

>>9080902
this was the same person (you? since you're getting all pissy over it).
Now go and stop ruining the thread with your sandy vagoo. shoo.

>>9080775
seconding for any natural hair colour, blonde looks good on pink.

>> No.9080930

>>9080917
Just because you want someone to stop posting doesn't mean they will you daft cunt

>> No.9080935

>>9080775
i think this wig makes it look like ageplay (sorry)

>> No.9080936

>>9080823
Thanks for advice anon.

>> No.9081138

>>9079527
Thanks anon. No luck so far but a JSK that can only be shipped in September which is a bit too long to wait unfortunately. Also i have noticed that most people don't seen to want to accept bids from new people with no feedback, so that sucks because I fit that description but a legit buyer who can/will pay.. sigh

>> No.9081171

>>9080775
If it's oldschool and you have passable looking hair, use real hair. Otherwise, get a natural-looking wig. Pic is too long and bright, especially for oldschool styling.

>> No.9082038

>>9080827
>>9080850
>>9080935
>>9081171
Thanks for the advice everyone! I should have specified that the pic is not me but it's what I could find that had a similar jsk color with a blonde wig. I'll try to find something that's shorter and more of a natural blonde.
Does black tend to look too harsh against old school sweet? I love the classic himes cuts and think they look best in black, but old sweet is definitely what I'm aiming for.

>> No.9082042

>>9082038
Black is a natural hair color, it looks fine in sweet, old school or otherwise.

>> No.9082558
File: 726 KB, 1012x590, wip.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Trying to work on my first coord. A little confused on what colors because the Dear Friend JSK is supposed to be mint but looks more sax in every pic I see, but I'm open for suggestions! Still haven't picked out the accessories yet.

>> No.9082566

>>9082558
Lurk more.

>> No.9082944
File: 487 KB, 550x736, 667881-17791-2016-06-11614082.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Recently bought the OP in pic but I really have no idea how to coord it as far as jewelry goes.

I know I wanna either have white ankle socks with red heels or white ankle socks with a nice brown oxford type shoe (not sure how to describe it). I'm thinking of a brown bag and brown hat as well, but I don't know what to do with jewelry since it's a long sleeved OP. Should I just not have any jewelry other than a ring or two and a necklace maybe?

>> No.9082981
File: 47 KB, 1000x1000, nach_bunny_1000x1000px_dup1_grande.1463443027.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9082944
A couple rings and maybe a necklace should be fine. It sounds like you are going a more casual route anyways so no need for so many accessories. I would limit the brown to maybe just shoes and hat though since the brown might clash a lot with the red.

>> No.9082998

>>9082981
Thank you for getting back to me! What color should I use for a bag then? White?

>> No.9083026

>>9082998
White is good. Either a classic shaped bag or a white violin bag, or a white rabbit bag.

>> No.9083087
File: 90 KB, 750x1069, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ive had this bodyline jsk for a few months and can't get anything to look right. it's sweet but not mainly pink and I need advice. the unicorns are so cute pls help anon-chans

>> No.9083089

>>9083087
fuck. I mean it IS pink. but bodice and most of the skirt are more mauve. so light pink doesn't look right with the majority of it.

>> No.9083110

>>9083026
not that anon but I'm a newb and have no idea what a classic shaped bag is is it just the heart bags or what

>> No.9083129

>>9083110
Lurk more.

>> No.9083136

>>9083129
already have and still haven't found an answer just figured I'd ask

>> No.9083144

>>9082566
>>9083129

Can you fuck off out of the help thread? People are supposed to be asking questions you cunt that is the purpose

>> No.9083145

>>9083136
You need to lurk for at least a few months and have an idea of what the fashion is before asking stupid shit like this.

>> No.9083147

>>9083136
They are just being obnoxious anon

>> No.9083148

>>9083144
I would, except someone just asked one of the most retarded questions ever. Anyone who had an idea of the different types of Lolita would be able to figure it out for themselves.

>> No.9083155

>>9082944
I would pair the bag and accessories with the white colour on the dress instead of brown. Red shoes would be cute with white ankle socks though :)

>> No.9083161

>>9083148
She is probably young anon. Everyone starts somewhere. At least they are trying to not look ita. Yes more research is required, but that salt was just unecessary. Sorry you're having a bad day.

>> No.9083211

>>9083161
If she's really that young that her age is an excuse she shouldn't be on 4chan.

>telling someone to lurk more is salt now

is sneezing being salty now too? Jfc you Sensitive Sally.

>> No.9083257

>>9083211
Silly peanut

>> No.9083279

>>9083257
go be #triggered elsewhere.

>> No.9083281
File: 69 KB, 600x800, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9083087
not my pic but this is it IRL. The stock image is misleadingly pink. Does anyone have a suggestion

>> No.9083310

>>9083155
I really don't think all that white would look that good. Brown/Wine is a good combo.

>> No.9083326

>>9083211
I'm that anon. just really new to the fashion and every time I've looked up lolita classic bag it just shows me classic lolita. sorry

>> No.9083352

>>9083279
I'm hardly triggered. You shouldn't be lurking the help thread if you are triggered by noob questions retarded. Top keks

>> No.9083385

>>9083352
#triggered

>>9083326
You really need to lurk more. Use the sticky and go read about the basics of Lolita before you ask here.

>> No.9083419

>>9083385
will do. thank you and sorry again for causing drama

>> No.9083571

>>9083385
different anon here

what the fuck is a "classic shaped bag" tho like is that a classic-style bag that is also shaped or a bag that is classic-style and looks like a normie bag wtf

>> No.9083647

>>9083571
Basically whatever Innocent World puts out.

>> No.9083673
File: 130 KB, 575x728, ace and alice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What kind of head pieces would work with this? The JSK isn't even a true black, it has a slight brown tone to it in reality too, so I've been having a difficult time finding hair accessories.

>> No.9083747
File: 23 KB, 345x437, 161703-m-05-dl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a bit stuck with this dress. It's the navyxgold colorway. I haven't really got any navy items i can pair it with and not sure what legwear/hair accessories would match well. So far i've just put it with an ivory bolero and bag.

>> No.9083755

>>9083747
Oh good taste anon I love this dress. The long one is a dream dress for me@6ft.
I liked what they did with the black blouse. you could wear a black one with black ankle socks or even tights

>> No.9083757

>>9083281
yeah this is a weird ass color? I've never seen a sweet dress that color before. Sorry I can't really offer any advice since there's also pastels on it (wtf bodyline)

>> No.9083829

>>9080736
That particular petti is shit.

>> No.9083975

>>9083281
Do you suit yellow? I would coord it with a pink blouse and pink-based socks with some sort of print and go with yellow tea parties and moon-shaped or star-shaped bag, if you can take the bow off the front of the dress to use as a hair accessory do that or just go with yellow/pink hair clips with the star/moon theme.

>> No.9084674

>>9083975
oh I never would have thought yellow. ty anon. there little moons all over the bodice and the removable bow has a moon pin too. The lace is gold tho I wonder if yellow will clash? Ty again

>> No.9084679
File: 70 KB, 440x660, 1445111727302.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

recently bought this, but I have no idea what to do with it.

>> No.9084714

>>9084674
I think given that there is yellow in the dress and you're accessorizing rather than wearing a yellow blouse and tights that it would work. I wouldn't recommend a yellow blouse with this dress for that exact reason.

>>9084679
Wear it with pearls, back seamed stockings, heels and a chignon or other sleek looking updo?

>> No.9084717

>>9084679
Lace tights, a pearl headband or simple pearl tiara, elegant heels in blue or brown, and long white gloves.
That draped neckline is pretty, but keeps it from being a versatile JSK.

>> No.9084722

>>9084679
This looks like it could work without a blouse. Maybe wear some opera length gloves, a short, multiple-strand pearl necklace, lace tights, and simple heels?

>> No.9084734

>>9083747
Damn I'm jealous. I think a white or ivory blouse would look best, maybe with a high neck? Legwear in the same color with a gold print would be nice too.
Navy shoes with a small heel would suit the style, and then you could get a navy bow clip with a star or moon charm/ add one yourself.

>> No.9084753

I need advice on a menhera/fairy kei coord
Should post in this thread or the menhera thread?

>> No.9085146
File: 245 KB, 709x1276, sweet essentials.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9082558
Hey anon, welcome to the fashion. I think if it is your first coord it might be a good idea to decide where you might go from here. If you are going to do sweet it is good to start out with a white peter pan collar blouse, white socks and some white and pink shoes. Pink because most sweet prints will have pink in them no matter what the main colour is. For classic x sweet I think your blouse choice is good because of the lace but make sure to keep it white. Expand into different colours once you have a few nice simple coords.

If you stick with those simple first items you will probably be able to buy 2 more dresses and they will match your items you already have and white is a great staple for sweet. Don't feel pressured to go too fancy with colours and accessories for your first coords. If you splurge on accessories to match only one item you might regret it later.

Pic of how you might coord with sweet essentials. Last 2 coords of how they translate to other different sweet pieces

>> No.9086319
File: 330 KB, 427x437, dress1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hi, I'm new to the lolita fashion. Does anyone know what would coord well with this?

>> No.9086394
File: 1.17 MB, 1037x1001, 1467665844813.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9086319
I made you a collage. It took ten minutes. Go research.

>> No.9090181

>>9086319
Is that long enough for lolita and can it accommodate a petticoat? It looks sort short and narrow

>> No.9090776

I know this isn't really the best thread for this, but I recently bought an AP skirt and all my petticoats are too large for it. does anyone have a recommendation about a somewhat shorter petticoat?

>> No.9090788

>>9083647
I can't believe you anons produced this much salt over some idiotic phrase. If OP actually meant this while saying classic shaped bag it doesnt mean what they think it means.

I feel like newfags here use "lurk more" reply nowadays to block questions they don't know the answer.

>> No.9090792

>>9090788
Lurk more

>> No.9090796

>>9090792
Nice try salt chan, I'm here since 09.

>> No.9090797

>>9090796
>only since 09

I've been here since 2001

>> No.9090800

>>9090797
Nice try lolita-as-a-toddler-chan.

>> No.9090803

>>9090800
you need to learn how to not be so offended by jokes.

>> No.9090810

>>9090803
lurk more

>> No.9090856

>>9090810
#triggered

>> No.9091117
File: 583 KB, 292x745, 1370f9a39573a3e3e9573b35299d9148.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hey everyone!! this is my first coord! i'd like some advice if you have it
im thinking about adding another petti and white wristcuffs
the dress didnt come with the headbow so i improvised.. good? bad? i have the bow that belongs on the front but i feel like it's too big on my head. can provide pics if needed.
thank you!!

>> No.9091127

>>9091117
Now im not the most seasoned lolita but heres a few things I nitpick atleast.

Your tights might match color wise but not theme wise (the tights have music notes on them?)

I personally wouldve rather you bring more pink in with matching pink shoes instead of the white

Maybe add some wristcuffs so your arms arent so bare?

>> No.9091135

>>9091117
I think this could use some pink shoes, it's a bit much white as is. Your petti doesn't seems poofy enough for the dress by the way it's lying but maybe it's just the picture. You could definitely use some wristwear too like cuffs or bracelets.
Those are the main things, but maybe you could adjust your wig too? The bangs are sitting a little too low, either pull up the wig or trim them,

>> No.9091611

>>9082944
what is this? I need this

>> No.9091788

>>9090788
>I feel like newfags here use "lurk more" reply nowadays to block questions they don't know the answer.
That's exactly it. That is what everyone does on this board. They need to reply but they don't know the answer.

>> No.9092760

>>9091127
yeah the socks came in a set i bought, i originally bought the set for one pair, then those didnt turn out to match well, so i used this pair.. do you think I could use knee/thigh high white socks with lace at the top? i cant seem to find any though. im not a fan of short/ankle lace socks
ill look for pink shoes! wristcuffs were/are also in my 'want list'

>>9091135
okay pink shoes then! ill start looking. i'm already looking for another petti, too. wristcuffs are also a go!

thank you guys!

>> No.9092910
File: 498 KB, 746x582, Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 9.14.49 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So winter is a million months away where I live, but a lolita can dream, right?

Would like some feedback on this coord. I'm thinking brown x pink for the colorway, and it feels balanced on paper, but I'm not sure about the dark socks and light shoes. Otherwise my plan was to wait for the matching socks and do cream x brown with pops of pink as my colors.

>> No.9094534

>>9092910
If you can integrate the two themes, looks good to me! A warning: dark socks with light shoes tend to make legs seem stubbier, so you might want to bring the owh from the bib and OP down, if you're worried about that. I donut recommend mixing cream/ivory with this dress, because the offwhite is pretty important in the design.

>> No.9098676
File: 27 KB, 390x380, FirstCoord.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need help so bbys first coord doesn't end up a hot mess.

The tights actually have a subtle pattern to them, but the image editing destroyed the details so here they are:
http://img01.cp.aliimg.com/imgextra/i2/17848761/T27_9IXX8bXXXXXXXX_!!17848761.jpg

It's a pretty bland coord right now, and I just feel stuck. Everything seems to be out of stock when it comes to accessories, anyone know of some stores that have things that would work? I tried commissioning a hat but the person I was working with just backed out so I'm back to the drawing board.

I'm also unsure of the jacket, but I think I like it. The sleeves on the dress bother me, they come down to the elbows and I think are supposed to poof out but I've been fiddling with them and am totally unsure why they're fighting me. I can't find any worn photos of this dress to help with the styling inspo either. If anyone has one I'd be in your debt, it's Lady Sloth's Lace OP

>> No.9098693
File: 268 KB, 531x800, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have any pics of Baroque Rabbit Circus in black being worn, or have any tips for coording it? I have the blouse and shoes figured out but I'm at a blank for accessories and socks. I was thinking of maybe making a broach of one of the animal portraits on the dress, and making checkered and black bows for my hair, but that's all I can think of so far. I'd love to incorporate more colors from the dress.

>> No.9099103
File: 26 KB, 400x367, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9098676
I'm not sure what that cardigan thing is but it's not working. I have that dress and puffy sleeves look super awkward under cardigan. You can add very simple blouse if you want. If you add layers on top it will be a disaster.

Color of the dress is extremely hard to match so I'd go easy and wear flower crown. There are plenty of etsy shops that sells 'bridal flower crowns'.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/267068505/purple-flower-crown-floral-hair-wreath

>> No.9099128

>>9099103

Oh perfect, thanks for the help! Good to know that about the sleeves. How on earth would you add a blouse to that dress? Do you have any pics of what you mean? Because the version I've got has the half-length sleeves, and I'm not quite sure how a blouse would work. As an aside, do you have any worn photos of the dress in general? I'd love to see them if you do!

I tried some headbands I have with the wig, and because it's got so much volume on one side (I don't really know why) it seems to look better with a bow or accessory on the other side for balance. That flower crown does look lovely though, I wonder if it would work with the wig. I'll go explore more of Etsy, thanks again Anon

>> No.9099157

>>9098676

I think it's fine if you go without a blouse because the dress has sleeves. If you feel like you need something to cover up or for warmth, consider a cream lace shawl. I can't see the tights well in your image, but I would go with some that have a small pattern (nothing like a large lace tight, but something with some detail, like a side design). The dress feels very elegant, and the shoes just seem a bit too plain for that. Maybe something with more details or straps to help pull some interest to your feet. Same problem with the wig. It needs more volume or curl, but the color works. I think what will also help tie this together is a brown bag.

For hair accessories, I would recommend some flower clips in cream with a touch of pink. It's okay to not have the pink match the dress, but at least go for a cool or purple-pink (not a salmon). A flower crown might feel too trendy, but flower clips on one side or a headband with a side cream bow or even a cream rectangle headdress would work for this outfit. Because the color of the dress is so unique, I would recommend letting it stand out and if need be, pulling in the color in your jewelry. One option, too, might be to get a lace up boot or oxford and replace the laces with a pink ribbon to match the dress. Let everything else be the neutral cream and brown and as long as all those colors match, it should be fine.

>> No.9099171

>>9099157

Thank you for your suggestions. I was not planning on using a blouse, but I was wondering if the cardigan in the pic would be appropriate because the sleeves end where the dress' does and the lace would overlap. The scoop neck would show the lace detailing on the neckline of the dress. But as another anon said, the lace of the dress would probably show through and make the texture look off. I wish I could try it on to see if it was thick enough to hide it, but alas!

Thank you for the suggestion with the shoes. Perhaps I could add clips to them that would match whichever hair accessory I end up using? Would that be an acceptable workaround, or should I bite the bullet and spring for new shoes entirely?

The dress itself is actually a rather unique shade of purple that is very hard to capture in pictures for some reason. Every picture of this dress has completely different tones, which is making coording it a struggle. I agree that cream and brown are probably my best bets here. Thanks anon!

>> No.9099182
File: 62 KB, 600x801, worn lady sloth op.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9099171

Oh, forgot to mention, the reason I'm searching for a cardican is because the sleeves are driving me batty.

>wondering how much of a cardinal sin it would be to take them to a tailor and just take them off

I found a worn photo, it's not lolita styled, but you can see what I mean about the sleeves...

They're like little lolita lacy biceps.

>> No.9099233

>>9081138
Message a site admin and ask them to link your feedback from another site like eBay. Then message any sellers beforehand and let them know you're new and you're just trying to buy a gift for your girlfriend. Let them know you have some external feedback available. People will often work with you if you talk to them a bit first.

>> No.9099249

>>9080834
Jfc I keep seeing pics of this girl, what short is this from? I must've disappeared under a rock or smth

>> No.9099257

>>9099182
I don't understand why people like this dress. It looks like cheap shit from forever21

>> No.9099258
File: 1.88 MB, 1920x2560, 16-07-12-15-53-49-133_deco.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Trying to make an old school sweet coord, pretty happy with what I have so far but concrit is always appreciated. I'm not sure what bag to use? I have a BTSSB ribbon heart bag in off-white but I don't think it's old school enough (although I did see a photo of misako holding one in 2007)
Also how do I get my RHS straps to stay up they literally fell down right after I took the photos

>> No.9099287

>>9099257

You're just saying that because it's coorded like cheap Forever 21 in the pic. It's actually got lovely details and is far better with a petti. The bust is also nicely constructed instead of just cutting across your chest, so it keeps the Lolita demureness without turning you into a box.
It's the sleeves though...those are the bane of my existence...
Other cuts of this OP have nicer sleeves but it depends on what release it is.

>> No.9099381

>>9099258
The heart bag definitely looks old school to me, I think you're fine to use it. All you really need now are some wristcuffs and maybe a curly wig?

>>9098676
That dress seems like a tough one for your first coord since it doesn't look typically lolita on its own. I would make sure your styling contains more lolita items than normie/normie looking ones to keep the balance.

The cardigan you picked here is the worst thing, I would find a bolero or short cardigan wit feminine details instead. Something along the lines of IW's millefeuille bolero could be nice?
Instead of outerwear, lopping off the dress sleeves and wearing it as a jsk would work, since it's lady sloth you don't really have to be concerned about resale value and whatever. Alternatively you could get a dickey/inset collar for it.
For jewelry you can't go wrong with pearls and you could find a classic bow or floral clip in pink for headwear.
I'd also reccommend finding a different wig since lockshop is iffy and that one looks a bit plain. I think something curled or that you can put in an updo would match the elegance going on.

sorry for typos my keyboard is lagging like a bitch ugh

>> No.9099401
File: 11 KB, 300x250, sparklespeek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9099381

The cardigan is for sure out of here like yesterday's fish. I think I will turn it into a JSK, instead of wrassling with the sleeves, because I think all the cardigans will look lumpy with the sleeves under them. So I suppose it's time to look into an appropriate blouse!

With the hat I had comissioned, there were pearls everywhere and I was planning on using my nice pearl necklace with it. The necklace is still probably a go, the fact the hatter backed out makes me sad. I think I'll look for a hat form myself and trim it with tear drop pearls.

I think the Lockshop wig doesn't quite suit my face shape but when braided works with the dress. On it's own and just down it does look less elegant than the dress asks for, you're right. Been practicing my braiding, which is exciting because I've got curly hair and have never been able to wear braids. Which wig shops do you recommend? I was told Lockshop was good but recently took a dive in quality, but the wig I have is from their older collection.

>> No.9099408

>>9092910
I'm in love with this omg

>> No.9099413

>>9099401
I would maybe check out innocent world and victorian maiden blouses for style inspo and work off them. It looks like a round neckline or small collar would work and would allow room for pearls.
What type of hat are you planning to use? Something like a flat victorian boater or regency style headwear could be nice, or a bonnet? Post pics of what you're considering I guess.
I would ask the wig thread for thorough advice since I typically get inexpensive taobao or secondhand stuff myself, but I mean, I pay the price it's worth instead of a mark up that way.

>> No.9099431
File: 52 KB, 440x491, AlmostFinishedHat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9099413

Here's the last progress pic of the hat I was originally planning on using that I was sent. It was really coming along nicely, the creator does lovely work. It's a pillbox hat small enough to go on the side.

I'm not quite a fan of bonnets, but I do love boaters and regency style headware. I just can't seem to find a lot out there that I wouldn't have to change the trim on to make it match the hat.

When I take off the sleeves, I'll save the lace and see what I can do with it. Wish there were craft stores near me that sold hat forms, because I'd give it a shot if I could.

>> No.9099551

>>9099171

If you really feel like you need a bolero, go for cream or brown. The pink in your example will clash with the dress. The undertones don't seem to match, so it'll look off. I think you could wear a bolero with this, just make sure it has wide princess sleeves so you don't get any frumpy outlines or wrinkles from the shape of the dress sleeves.

>> No.9099577

>>9094534

Thanks for the coord help. I ended up ordering the socks. I'm pretty short, so that may not be the best idea, but I will try them on with the dress and see how it goes. Trying to match the owh seemed like it would be difficult and I wanted to get the coord going. If I end up finding the matching socks in owh I'll pick those up since it'd be easy to switch out the socks here.

>>9099408

Thank you!

>> No.9099766
File: 1.27 MB, 1037x700, babby's_lavenderish_coord.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9098676
You're in your wardrobe building stage, so I tried to make my collage reflect a cheap and sturdy coord, with lots of versatile basics. All of the items are from my-lolita-dress, which is a one stop taobao reseller.

Choose white or ivory. Since you're going into classic, if you get a bunch of generic accessories in a single color, you basically have a coord for whatever main piece you get. You can expand from there.

That said, I really like the idea of brown as your secondary "default" color, so get a brown bag and brown shoes that scream classic lolita. Again, you can plop any main piece (unless it's black) into a coord with brown and it'll look fine.

The headresses I selected are floral with lace and pearls, and basically, choose the color which matches the dress when it comes. That lavender is tricky.

>> No.9099770

>>9099258
Gurl, you need wristcuffs. Also, that lace better be cotton, not net.

>> No.9099778

>>9099258
This is perfect with the heart bag and your hairstyle.
Some will argue that the hair isn't "doll-like" enough but the best old school always has that layer of imperfection about it.

>> No.9099779

>>9099766

Oh wow, thanks for the help! I actually do have the dress itself already. The color is indeed pretty tricky to find a match for, it seems to pair better with ivory than white. Do you have a link to the headband on the lower right? It's lovely!

>> No.9099787

>>9099779

Found the headband link, thanks again anon!

Taobao is a little intimidating, glad there's places like MLD to help. I've heard they mark up the prices (which is totally fair), is there a typical percentage they do it by? I won't be jumping into TaoBao right now, but maybe one day when I'm deeper into the fashion it'll be worth avoiding the price hike? (I can hear my wallet crying in the future, and to that I says shush)

>> No.9099817

>>9099787
MLD seems to charge around $30-40 extra for dresses, so around a 14% or so markup, which is definitely more than an SS will charge.
If you find you need to get a bunch of classic staples like blouses and accessories, putting in a sizable taobao order directly is the best idea. An SS with a cart system like spreenow is easy to navigate too.

>> No.9100203

>>9099249
Nope it's from a movie, Musashino Sen something there was a thread where it got translated in english on the archives and on youku in chinese

>> No.9100279

>>9100203
Thanks kind anon! It looks really fun.

>> No.9100283

>>9099770
All the lace is cotton; the OP and headdress appear to be older pieces (haven't managed to I'D them on voluntary yet but I'm judging by the labels and condition of the ribbon) when cotton lace was favored

>> No.9100286

>>9099770
>torchon lace
>net
Anon please

>> No.9100375

>>9099817

Oh thanks anon!

>> No.9100581
File: 394 KB, 718x297, torchon_vs_net.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9100286
Tulle lace and net lace don't fit oldschool, and I can't see lace through potato pics.

>> No.9103269

So I'm trying to work on a coord for the MechaCon AatP tea party, and the theme is vampires. Would a nun coord in Ivory and wine with gold accents be totally off the mark??

>> No.9103282

>>9103269
Keep that coord as a backup, it's passable but kind of abstract. When you said ivovy and wine, the first thing that came to mind was a predominantly ivory coord with red/wine accessories that simulates the heroine in a blood-stained white dress sort of vibe.

>> No.9103328

>>9103282
Yeah, main colour of the op is Ivory, with long sleeves, high neck, an empire waist, gold trimmings and lace, and a split in the front with burgundy layered chiffon underneath. I'm just not sure what kind of accessories to put with it?? Like, I could do a regular bonnet, or I could go with the nun theme and make a headpiece with a veil? But I can't decide, and I'm making it myself so I need to figure out if the theme is stupid or not before I waste time and materials.

>> No.9103477

>>9103328
That sounds like it fits the theme just fine.
I personally endorse the headdress veil thing you're thinking of, it'd be cute. No madonna crown.

>> No.9103488
File: 228 KB, 667x1000, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9103477
Oh god, definitely not doing a madonna crown with this lol. Was thinking something along the lines of this? But with the veil part being sheer, and the band having maybe gold trim and burgundy ribbon or bows?

>> No.9103492

>>9103488
If it's sheer, make sure the fabric is heavy enough to hang right. Less wedding veil-y

>> No.9103499
File: 188 KB, 898x811, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9103492
Found this in the archived nun dress thread. Would this headdress/veil combo work?

>> No.9103503

>>9103488
what piece is this anyway? I've always loved it popping up in threads but never bothered to ask what name/brand it is

>> No.9103507

>>9103503
I don't see the name or brand of the dress anywhere in the thread.

>> No.9103508

>>9103499
That looks really clean. If you can replicate that, the burgandy ribbons would look good, but unless you've got quite a bit of gold in other areas, I'd nix it.

You could keep it white and attatch red teardrop shaped crystals on the headdress or in the veil.

>> No.9103509

>>9103503
Baby released Maria, which is similar, a little fancier though.

>> No.9103512

>>9103508
>Ivory
Not white, durr

>> No.9103518

>>9103507
>in threads
>not limited to just this one

>>9103509
Oh yes, I've seen that one before, I wouldn't mind nabbing the navy if I see it for a good price.

>> No.9103520

>>9103508
Okay, thank you! I appreciate the help. I'm just nervous to make a bad choice with accessories or coord theme since I'm a fattychan, so I want to try looking good but not ridiculously out of place at the the tea lol. Once I'm at least 75% done with everything, I'll make a coord collage to see if everything is looking okay together.

>> No.9103538
File: 59 KB, 600x974, CYv_AnLWEAAJ9sh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Planning for OTT gothic. Would it look weird to go with more poof for this JSK? It's basically ankle-length for me on me, and I was thinking of adding a hoop skirt under, but it might be difficult to move around/too much volume.

Pic related Meta's coord.

>> No.9103558

>>9103538
I think a hoop skirt is not the best idea if you're planning to need to go through a lot of doorways or sit down at any point. It definitely looks like you can shove a good bit more petticoat poof into it though!

>> No.9104038

>>9083673
black chiffon bows would match the chiffon and lace trim. or you could try for the grey or dark coffee colors of the print, adding a little purple flower clip. are the print's flowers indeed purple--or are they blue?

>> No.9104044
File: 48 KB, 480x640, aatp canotier.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9104038
forgot to mention a canotier or a flat lace headdress would look really great with this style of jsk

>> No.9104096

>>9103538
I would recommend removing the bows so the dress is less kuro and more gothic

>> No.9104153

>>9103520
Great, I look forward to seeing it

>> No.9104212

>>9098693
Any tips?
I removed the gold trim on the sleeves because it just didn't look good, going to use it for the bows I make though.

>> No.9104233

>>9104096
>gothic dresses don't have bows

Wut

>> No.9104238

>>9104233
Did i say the dress wouldn't be gothic with bows? I said it would help. Now shoo.

>> No.9105142
File: 725 KB, 836x907, IMG_44882.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Practicing for a renaissance festival coordinate.
The gold crown and necklace feel really shoehorned in, but they do match the grommets of the bodice. I appreciate the concrit here.

>> No.9105156

>>9094534
I'd just like to commend you on your fabulous pun.

>> No.9105206

>>9105142
I think they look fine! They fit with the royal/medieval theme of the dress. I like the right blouse better, it reminds me of Petit Etoile.

>> No.9105224

>>9105142
For a more 'Renaissance' feel, I think wearing this without the over-skirt is best. The gold accessories are fine, especially for the event you will be wearing them to.

>> No.9105314

>>9104238
Your implication is that the dress currently doesn't look gothic enough with the bows as is. don't get buttmad at people because you have 0 style knowledge :~) shoo yourself summerfriend.

>> No.9107163
File: 1.32 MB, 3988x3988, coord.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Could use some advice on a coord I'm putting together. This is what I have so far. I'll be wearing white ankle socks with it too.

Not sure about headwear. I got advice earlier saying not to go too overboard with pulling out the brown, but I still don't know what to do.

>> No.9107168

>>9107163
A white/offwhite or red/bordeaux (whichever shade matches the dress better) headbow would look really cute with this imo. Maybe even a red bow with white lace, if you can find or make one.

>> No.9107172

>>9107168
I'm sure I can find/make a red one with white lace, shouldn't be too hard. Thank you for the advice!

>> No.9107184

>>9107163
I think the shade of brown doesn't go very well with the dress. Try to pick darker, more reddish brown. Even the brown in the bag is better but shoes should match it.

>> No.9108056

>>9084679
do something sleeping beauty themed, with like, spindles and briars and shit

>> No.9108069

>>9105314
Nice assumption, but you're wrong, dear

>> No.9108243
File: 219 KB, 1366x768, collage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Im planning my Halloween coord and thinking about doing a witch theme. I was wondering how this coord will look. I have black blouse I will be using and was probably wearing black teaparties. Instead of the striped socks should i just do solid black tights?

>> No.9108321

>>9108243
If you want to do striped socks/tights, then I think you need to bring white into the rest of the coord because otherwise it will look a bit unbalanced being lighter on the bottom half only. Maybe a white blouse rather than black or a white or striped bow at the neck? Also maybe some small touches of the other colors in the print too e.g. jewellery, shoe bows, small accessory on hat?
I kind of really want this print too even though I have enough cheesy Halloween stuff in my wardrobe already... I like the unusual colours and how disconcerting the animals look

>> No.9108623

>>9107163
Agree with what the others are saying about that shade of brown. You should be able to find a violin bag in dark brown but coordinating this with black accessories should also be fine. Definitely go with red headwear.
A necklace might be cute too since there's a bit of empty space under the collar?

>>9108243
I think if you were to use striped tights you should go with a color scheme that isn't black/white. Black/purple or black/gray stripes would match the dress. Alternatively black lace tights or ones with a star pattern would work. Maybe even gradient tights in those color pairs?

>> No.9108690
File: 66 KB, 250x333, DreamDollJSK-black.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Help me.

>> No.9108739

>>9108690
start out with a main piece that doesn't look like garbage.

>> No.9108756

>>9108690
White blouse, white tights, white bag. Pink or black shoes, pink hair accessory

>> No.9108793

>>9108690
I would go hime with it. Sheer short-sleeve blouse in black or pink, those transparent BTSSB OTKs in black (or the taobao replica), elegant pink shoes, hime hair/wig, cute tiara, sheer gloves, pearl jewelry.

>> No.9108826
File: 178 KB, 400x533, 323412-730-2015-03-26249231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Honestly I've been having a difficult time figuring out what blouse I can wear with this one. Especially since my wardrobe is basically all classic and gothic

>> No.9108838

>>9108690
Throw it in the trash where it belongs and buy another dress.

>> No.9108841
File: 1.38 MB, 1230x923, celestial collage.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thoughts on headwear for this coord? I was going to make a headdress since I can't find anything that matches this shade of sax. Also unsure on which socks/bag to use.

>> No.9108970

>>9108841
This is a hot mess. Neither of the bags go very well, but the star bag is an abomination if you add it to a celestial coord. Don't go for the baby socks either.

>> No.9108990

>>9108970
I'd like some actual constructive criticism if that's cool with you. I own both of the bags so that's why I tried to incorporate them, I don't personally see how the star bag is an "abomination" considering there are gold stars throughout the print.

>> No.9108993 [DELETED] 

>>9108990
Btw I really don't mean to come off bitter, I really just want solid concrit.

>> No.9108997

>>9108990
It's a completely different look than the JSK. Sure the JSK has stars but it's a much more "mature" print and looks off with such a plain(almost cartoonish) star bag. With a different print it would work, but here it sort of cheapens the entire coord.

>I don't want to come off as bitter

I don't care if you're bitter or not, I'm not going to baby you either way. I'm giving you honest advice and you can take it or leave it. Honesty is how you grow in Lolita.

>> No.9109005

>>9108997
Alright thanks, I see what you mean with it cheapening the look. Honestly everything I have is super sweet and this dress is more serious-looking so it's been tough finding the right things for it.

>> No.9109073

>>9108841
>>9108970
I actually very much like the book bag with it. I've seen it in person and know it's a lot less yellow-y. I think it goes with the religious theme of the dress because it looks like an old book/religious text.

>> No.9109259

>>9108826
I think a classic style blouse should work with this though? Try a high neck one and then maybe a round neckline one.

>>9108841
I can't really see either of those bags with the dress but the AATP one is probably the better choice. The AP socks would be a good choice too.
For headwear you could go the religious route and get a veil or mini/partial veil. Something sax with organdy and pearl or gold accents should complement it.
Also you should consider a necklace if you're using that blouse.

>> No.9109276
File: 1.07 MB, 1100x892, Risa's heroine.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm still looking for ivory accessories that match the lace on the dress, so I'm using stand-ins just so I can get an idea of the coord's overall look and feel. Basically, I just want to know if this is feasible. I'm trying to keep the coord as simple as possible because the JSK itself has so much going on--it even sparkles--but I don't want it to be too boring, either. I suspect that the tights might be too blah.

>> No.9109391

>>9109276
I would probably swap the dark blue with ivory or pick a third color since light shoes are always a bit odd with such dark legwear. Could work this way too. Bag looks too stark white tho and blouse is super odd with the beret. It has light and summery feel and half sleeves while everything else you have is more suitable for autumn.

>> No.9109404

>>9107163
Braids with red or white bows on the ends, Id throw a brown necklace in, like a cookie or some shit. Don't coord it to hell and back, less is more with red dresses.

>> No.9109408
File: 80 KB, 480x640, creamy scallop op ivory.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any thoughts on how to coord this for a day coord?
The main fabric is wool so it is quite heavy and has faint streaks of pastel pink and sax weaved in.
The sleeves are chiffon

>> No.9109903

>>9109276
I would make sure that your navys and ivories match since this is gonna look messed up otherwise.
I'd agree with using an ivory blouse with this too, but then you'd have to swap the legwear and bag/shoe colors.
If you want to avoid then then a navy bolero may be a consideration. I wouldn't use those opaque tights either, a pretty lace pattern or subtle print would be better suited.
If you wear a bolero the beret you have here wold also match better (if it's the right ivory shade at least).

>>9109408
Well, depending on your intended style you could wear this classic or more sweet looking.
My thought would be to wear brown shoes +bag and maybe pick up the woven colors with hair and legwear.
Alternatively you could try ivory hair and legwear and use pastel colored shoes and bag. Depends on what you have in your wardrobe I guess.

>> No.9112261
File: 396 KB, 420x557, btssb innocent rose.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just got this dress and after trying it on it feels a little short on me so I'm thinking about getting an underskirt. I'm not going for OTT classic so I'm planning on just getting something really simple, like two extra layers of frill to keep my knees covered. I'm just not sure about what color to get. Sage green so it can blend in with the tulle frills might work, but I may never find another use for an underskirt of that color and I'm not even sure where to buy one. Off-white (matching the skirt) would be a versatile fit for my wardrobe. Yellow (matching the ribbons) might be feasible, and is also fairly versatile for my style.

>> No.9112482

>>9112261
Yellow might be nice, so it doesn't look like you have a random strip of colour between the underskirt and top layer of the jsk

>> No.9112790

>>9112261
If you could find it a darker green of the same tone could look really nice. Make it like a gradient. You would most likely have to custom order it though.

>> No.9112798

>>9092910
I think this coord might be too dark on the bottom, maybe try a darker coloured wig? like a medium to dark brown. Otherwise it looks very balanced. In response to what >>9094534 said. I think the pink shoes will look ok with the dark socks because the shoes have the ankle strap and the socks have the pink bow, so it carries the colour through instead of it looking blocky and chunky. I guess it would have to be worn to get the best idea though.

>> No.9112818
File: 292 KB, 500x600, 10242148_544a4ab949cb2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know if the braid on this jsk (the one around the peplum and on the bodice) is black or vdark brown? I was thinking of buying this jsk but want to solidfy my coording options first. Thanks anons!

>> No.9112822

>>9112818
You blind?

>> No.9112908

>>9112822
Not the anon who posted earlier, but are you new or just retarded? After the release of the bitter colourway of Melty Ribbon Chocolate earlier in 2014 (the same year as the quartet chocolate) wich people thought was a very very deep brown turned out to have a heavy plum undertone it is unsurprising anon wants to verify the colour. Also:

>Everyone's monitor shows every colour exactly the same!!!
>No.

>> No.9113509
File: 435 KB, 393x650, paris window.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Newfag here working on babby's first coord. Any suggestions on head wear and leg wear for pic related? The dress didn't come with any headbow, so I was thinking of perhaps making a lilac one to match with white accents. Also wondering if it's be okay to go with white shoes since I'm trying to build my wardrobe and want something versatile, even though lilac shoes may suit it better. Thanks!

>> No.9113510

>>9112908
You blind?

>> No.9113534

>>9113509
I think white shoes would be fine! so as long as your legwear isn't mainly white.

>> No.9113589

>>9112818
It's very dark brown, but I find that it really doesn't affect my coording at all. I have the mint one for reference.

>> No.9113599
File: 136 KB, 1200x1200, item_1698063974_ebay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9082038
I think this wig looks nice anon

>> No.9113687
File: 262 KB, 722x1050, 903714806_83fd649ea580777e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9083281
I think it's a beautiful color anon but yeah, very difficult to match. I would call the main color a sort of lavender-pink for what it's worth.

Something along the lines of pic related could be cute, I think some non-ott moon or star accessories could actually help pull everything together nicely. I was thinking the star/moon clip or something similar would look best at the side of your hair as a slide, in addition to the central bow hair band.

You could probably do something fun with your hair as well, perhaps big fluffy bunches or a side ponytail. You could also probably get away with some of less ott pastel based 'Harajuku' make-up looks too.

>> No.9113705

>>9099258
I love this anon, just remember to iron dat shit nicely when you début it.

If you really want to drive the oldschool look home, the original bunnybear bag or something similar could be an amazing addition for a slightly different look.

>> No.9113711

>>9108243
I almost like the black and white for the contrast, it pops nicely but I think black with pale grey would be even better

>> No.9113734
File: 135 KB, 722x496, 903721401_5a3ba6277a671525.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9113687
you might need to adjust the eyeshadow/lip colors with a slightly more lavender pink hint but the principal would be cute I think

>> No.9113932
File: 247 KB, 1080x1483, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would these work for a black old school coord or are they too normie?

>> No.9113945

>>9113932
I think if the rest of the outfit is on point they will work but otherwise too normie.

>> No.9113958

>>9113932
I wouldn't use these for lolita, try getting some black rhs instead maybe.

>> No.9113973

>>9113945
>>9113958
Okay thank you

>> No.9114421

>>9113589
Thanks anon

>> No.9114693
File: 66 KB, 458x707, college-school-style-vintage-tartan-lolita-jumper-dress-yuan-70_16.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9113932
I think they would work with a dark classic/goth tinged academy/school look, especially something more on the otome side. I don't think they'd be great with regular lolita however, although would probably be ok but not ideal with a simple gothic lolita outfit.

>> No.9114694
File: 19 KB, 270x354, college-school-style-black-vintage-lolita-vest-and-skirt-yuan-69_5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9114693

>> No.9114884
File: 142 KB, 600x600, potential coord.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm having a hard time deciding on shoes to go with IW's christina jsk. I kind of want to go with a darker brown that will match other main pieces I have but keep second guessing and looking at lighter colors.

>> No.9114907

>>9114884
I personally think the far left shoes would look the best if you can incorporate the color a bit more in the coord.

>> No.9114922

>>9114884
I don't think any of those shoes would work. Colors aside, their designs are too cutesy and would be a lot more appropriate for sweet than classic.

>> No.9114929

>>9114884
don't use either shoe option.

>> No.9114930

>>9114922
>>9114929
Maybe oxfords then?

>> No.9115185

>>9114930
pretty sure this was already in another thread, but oxfords ruins pretty much any coord

>> No.9115262
File: 169 KB, 680x454, TB2vvUxcpXXXXaoXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!668890262.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9114884
maybe try something like these

>> No.9115275

>>9114884
Both shoe options are too sweet, try looking at the kind of shoes IW uses in their coord shots and have for sale. Oxford heels are a good staple as are mary jane heels with simpler designs.
For the color I think dark brown would look nicest.

>>9115185
"ruin" is probably an overstatement since they're a fine option for classic when you need flats for walking around, but I can see how they can be a nitpick bc no heel=no rori for a lot of people. Classic brands do sell heeled oxford shoes however so you can't count the whole shoe style out of lolita.

>> No.9115420

>>9115185
One person in the "Things you hate in Lolita" thread said they hate oxfords and a second person said they had to be good quality to be okay. They may not be princessy but as long as the leather is nice and they have a heel it's nothing to fuss over like this.

>> No.9115700
File: 2.04 MB, 1074x932, royal blue coord.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do the gold shoes look fine with this or is it gold overkill? (they look rosy here but IRL they match the color of the neck ruff more nicely I swear)

I'm just really not sure what else to do because lolita or loliable shoes in that bright royal blue color seem impossible to find (everything is awful normie shit like huge platform clubbing heels) so gold seemed like the next best thing.

>> No.9115705

>>9115700
This entire thing is pretty cheap and tacky looking.

>> No.9115706

>>9115700
I think the gold shoespecially are OK but I would leave out the neck ruff? Feel like it would be too large

>> No.9115711

>>9115700

Rather than gold shoes, I'd worry about the collar and colour matches. I've rarely, if ever, seen ruffle collars look good, most of them end up looking like clown collars, and in this case I don't think a gold collar on an ivory blouse with two blue shoulder straps under the collar but then switches back to ivory sleeves, will work out at all.

For colour matching, you don't need to be all matchy-matchy, but white and ivory generally look dirty together when mixed with other colours. If you haven't verified that the gold are all the same colours, proceed with care, all three look to be different shades that don't look good together.

>> No.9115716

>>9114884

Since you mentioned other main pieces, I'm going to suggest matching your shoes to your main bag that you will use with the other pieces. Add a few small accessories (hairpin, brooch) in the same shade as well.

Once you have that, it's easy to throw the shoes-bag-accessory combo onto almost any outfit and it auto-balances itself, the shoes match the bag and the accesory on the dress/your hair ties them together with the dress. You just need to watch out that you chose a colour that doesn't clash with any of your main pieces.

I don't see an issue amping up the sweetness in this dress, just because it's IW doesn't mean it can't be sweet. I would be wary of shoes in lighter colours, though, they rarely look ok with darker socks, so if you can have only one pair of lolita shoes right now I'd go for a darker pair rather than a lighter pair.

>> No.9115718

>>9115711
I am waiting on the crown, but I did already mention that the shoes and collar match well enough. I'm still looking for a blouse but I will be using one that at least matches the legwear I end up using - I haven't found one I liked yet so I didn't include it in the photo, but I'm not using the one that they used with the jsk in the photo. Also from what I can tell on a different jsk at least, the collar should cover the straps so I don't think the strap thing will be an issue.

>>9115706
>>9115705
When the dress comes I'm going to try everything on of course, but honestly, I'm really set on the neck ruff idea for right now. I know it looks costumey but it's for a convention. If it looks bad in person then I'll just leave it out, but I'm going to wait to try everything on in person.

>> No.9115721

>>9115718
I get that you have bad taste and think it's a good idea, but not only does it look tacky it looks cheap. You should at least try and make it match the color of the fabric around it and not shoehorn in gold.

>> No.9115726

>>9115721
The gold is there because the embroidery, tassels/belt, and trim are all gold.

>> No.9115732

>>9115726
It looks strange as fuck for the collar to be gold and the surrounding area not to be though, that's my point. are you high? You probably are if you think this is a good idea.

>> No.9115733

>>9115718
If you want this to be a lolita coord then don't wear the neck ruff. If you want this to be some kind of ren faire type costume then go ahead, just don't post the mess to cof or anything.

>> No.9115741

>>9115732
Fine. Would a white one (matching the color of the blouse, whether it ends up being white or ivory) look better?

>> No.9115745

>>9099770
you're retarded

>> No.9115809
File: 1.91 MB, 1292x1046, hlcoord.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Aaaaand this is as far as I've gotten. Thoughts?

>> No.9115811

>>9115809
Didn't mean to keep my email in the name field from my last post, but hell, flood my inbox I could use a seagull penpal.

>> No.9116165

>>9115809
This is a hot mess.

>> No.9116191

>>9115809
Anon I'm sorry but you need to scrap this entire thing. This is really bad.

>> No.9116210

>>9115809
>>9116191

. . . the socks are okay.

>> No.9116214

>>9115745
I'm not autistic, I'm autastic!

>> No.9116217

>>9115809
Honestly just throw everything but the dress and socks into the trash.

>> No.9116219

>>9116210
Obviously the socks are okay, they're part of the Holy Lantern full set, anon. The socks she included wouldn't even work though because she wants gold accents and she picked the ones that got messed up with the silver stars.

>> No.9116287

>>9115718

>>9115711 here.

If the collar is big enough to cover the part where the shoulder straps start, then the ruff is probably too big and will look awkward. If it isn't too big, you'll be able to see where the straps start on the jsk, which is still going to look weird.

Try looking for an op instead of a jsk. As for how to put the ruff on an open neckline, the answer is dickeys.

Can't really promise any of this makes the ruff look good, though. They aren't a new thing no Lolita has ever tried before, I promise you that. At least you're prepared to ditch it if it does look bad.

As for the gold. The jsk itself has gold embroidery that looks much paler than either the crown or the ruff and shoes. That's the three different shades of gold. Don't assume it'll automatically match just because it's "gold", most mismatches come from the differences between "gold" fabric, thread, metal and leather.

If you're going with the socks you marked out, they're blue on warm white, so you should be looking for (warm) white blouse or dickey.

>> No.9116305

>>9115809

You'll need black/dark hair/wig and some forehead space to make that gold headdress work, plus you must look good with your hair/wig styled flat (see: French shop girl who got shit on in the Lolita general because her hair was really limp and looked bad with her poofy dress).

Ditch the blouse. The entire release does tassels so badly elegy offered buyers the choice of no tassels with their albino series because so many people complained that the tassels were ugly. I'd recommend going with a chiffon blouse to match holy lantern being flocked on chiffon.

It's not as bad as other sons are saying, but the tassels need to go, and the hair style has a high risk of looking bad on the wrong face shape.

>> No.9116342
File: 143 KB, 849x658, strawberry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would love to get some concrit, this is my first coord. How bad is it?
I feel like it's really plain, but I'm not sure what to add..

I have the matching headbow to the dress, I just couldn't find any pictures of it, but I'm obviously gonna wear that too
Also, the wig I have is more of a reddish pink, and curly pigtails.

>> No.9116350

>>9116342
Remove the wig. And by remove I mean throw it out the nearest window and never look out that window again.

>> No.9116352

>>9116342
Please don't wear that wig. Just get a normal colored one. No pigtails.

>> No.9116361

>>9116350
>>9116352
Um rude... I don't see what's wrong with having a little fun with it?

>> No.9116367

>>9116350
>>9116352
Bought it for cosplay purpouses and fairy kei but after trying on some brown and blonde wigs I own, I tried that one and I was surprised of how much I liked it.. Might post a picture later because (at least I think) it looks much better than what it looks in the collage

Anyways, I might try to get a normal brown one, do you guys have any recommendations?

>> No.9116369

>>9116367
Milanoo has some really good ones

>> No.9116373
File: 11 KB, 167x200, 1419635682324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9116369
I said it's my first lolita coord, I didn't say I was new

>> No.9116385

>>9116373
>I didn't say I was new
Judging by that choice of wig, I'd say you're pretty new

>> No.9116401

>>9116361
>rude
Welcome to cgl, newfag.
>>9116367
>cosplay wig
Sooo... Double no.

Get a good quality wig that you can style and restyle without the wefts falling out because you brushed your bangs to the wrong side.
Stop making excuses for your shitty choices when people don't like what you do. If you came here for asspats go back to tumblr.

>> No.9116447
File: 305 KB, 600x600, T1LmbLFHXaXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_600x600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9116401
What? A brown normal wig can be a cosplay wig too, depending on what you're cosplaying
And a cosplay wig doesn't automatically equal shit quality.

I didn't mean it as a shitty excuse, sorry, I just wanted to explain why I added it to the coord instead of something else. Since it's the coord help thread, I thought it was a better idea to post with a pic of a wig that I'm not sure is gonna work, then with like a brown wig that I know everyone is gonna say is good

I didn't come here for asspats, I came to ask if it would work, and people we're very clear that it looked bad, so I'm not gonna wear it with the coord. But I just wanted to explain why I added it in the first place

Also, >>9116361 wasn't me if you didn't get that

Anyways, sorry that I offended everyone with my horrible wig choice.
I'm probably gonna go with this one instead
https://world.taobao.com/item/36474104452.htm
I'm thinking blonde would probably suit the dress better but I'm not sure, thoughts?

>> No.9116471

>>9116342
Those socks need to go.
It's so important that you match your reds and they look totally out of place. I know you probably picked the bag because it's a strawberry but it also looks really bad. Pairing that woven bag with those tea parties looks off because the shoes are very sweet and the bag is more "country." Keep the blouse and shoes and get rid of everything else.
Perhaps go for white legwear with a different red bag and red/pink headwear and accessories.

>> No.9116476

>>9115811
>>9116165
>>9116191
>>9116217

Oh jeez. Maybe I got a little overzealous when I first bought it and should've asked around here first. I just didn't wanna be the generic HL coord with the antique beast headdress and the crochet socks.

>>9116305

I didn't know that. I actually got the blouse to match victorian tassel but I've been away from home so long it's just been sitting in a bag in my living room waiting for me to open it. So I haven't seen the terrible quality myself.

On the sort of bright side I have a giant head so forehead space shouldn't be a problem at all.

>> No.9116496

>>9084679
honestly I'd go with >>9084714 and style it as non lolita as possible. Take it the vintage route. It reminds me of the ballroom scene from the sound of music for some reason, it's lovely. Honestly go for heels and 40's style pincurls, if your hair allows that.

Where's it from?

>> No.9116499

>>9084753
menhera thread.

>> No.9116511

>>9098676
don't get that wig, it's lacklustre in person
Get a more voluminous one maybe, a straight wig doesn't look like itll work for the opulence of this coord

>> No.9116513

>>9116511
my bad, I didn't see >>9098676 you already owned the wig

>> No.9116525

>>9116342
There's a bodyline strawberry bag I've seen some people sell secondhand that would match this better, check fb and lm. I've also seen the ap one on yj recently.
I have those socks and they wouldn't really match this dress, instead you could use short ruffle socks in white or otks with a pink and red pattern. I think I saw the matching socks for this set on ebay actually?
I have that blouse as well and though it's fine for the price (read: cheap) stylistically it might not be right for the coord. With the sweet print and tea parties I think you could use a cuter blouse with short sleeves and a peter pan collar, and then you can wear wristcuffs with it.

Find a natural looking wig and some cute headwear and you should be good. A pink headbow or bows with a strawberry charm would work well.

>> No.9116657

>>9090776
As much as I hate to say it, bodyline's crappy short pettis are useful for this. You do have to layer them to get anything near today's levels of poof but if all your other pettis are too large and long then bodyline's ones should be fine.

>> No.9116743

>>9105142
this got posted to the ita thread. I thought it was lovely.

>> No.9116745

>>9108826
send it my way anon and I'll coord it for me... I mean you
in all seriousness I think a rather plain long sleeved chiffon blouse with a high neck would look great.

>> No.9116749

>>9115700
neck ruff needs to go
the dress seems medieval inspired to me, the ruff brings in an elizabethan touch. mixing the two periods seems very dissonant to me.

>> No.9116899

>>9116447
You don't have to use a wig. But if you find your hair lacking the find a wig color and cut that suits your face is what you should go with. For some it's Browns, some it's blondes. That's for you figure out.
The coord itself could be better. The dark red strawberries on the socks don't really go with the bright red in the dress. Mu-fish has some strawberry tights that might go better.

>> No.9116985

>>9116373
>Using my imagemacro for this bullshit
How dare you!

>> No.9116990
File: 87 KB, 500x750, tumblr_nuvwv7qw2m1tbo6jgo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9116447
>>9116342

Just a note that what's really off about the wig isn't so much the style, it's that it's very plastic and shiny. For comparison, here's some wigs in similar style, but a lot less shiny and more natural looking. That's what you should be looking for when you shop for wigs for Lolita.

If you already own the wig you could try the wig thread and see if there's any way to get to look less plastic and more like this.

>> No.9117094

>>9116990
Even if these are less shiny, I wouldn't say split pastel gradient wigs have much of a place in lolita...

>> No.9117200

>>9117094
Clearly you never lived through the ott sweet era

>> No.9117214

>>9117200
oh piss off, they're not suited for current lolita.

>> No.9117362
File: 100 KB, 400x714, sweet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9116471
>>9116525
Thanks for the feedback!!
I picked the bag because it was in my price range and I personally think it's adorable, but I'll consider getting another one when I can afford it!
As for socks, I'll look around and see if I can find something better suited.

>I have that blouse as well and though it's fine for the price (read: cheap) stylistically it might not be right for the coord
I was actually kinda concerned about that. I bought it for another dress (more classic, haven't gotten together all the pieces for that coord yet), but then I kinda impulse bought this dress because it was really cheap, and I've just been wearing the blouse because it's the only white lolita blouse I have
Again, when I can afford it, I'll try to find one that's better suited!
Wristcuffs is a good idea too, I think it'll add some more detail. Thank you!

>>9116899
My current hair is short and black, not suited for this coord at all I'm afraid.
I have a cute dark brown wig, but I think it's a bit too dark for the light pinks
I'll check out Mu-fish, I've bought another pair of tights from them so I'll definitely check them out. Thanks!

>>9116990
Thanks for the advice!
Actually the wig I own is much more like the wig you posted then the one I used in the collage
Not the same one, but more similar in color and style.

>>9117094
I always thought pastel wigs were really common in sweet? Especially pigtailed ones?
I like them because I think they balance out big poofy dresses..

>> No.9117401

>>9117214
>>9117362
That dress would still lend itself to an OTT sweet coord, although the current outfit is a hot mess - not sure why you think the wig is an issue, not like the dress is a new release with chiffon and crosses everywhere. Basically the only thing I would keep from the original picture is the shoes.

>> No.9117903
File: 297 KB, 700x1200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am lost for what color blouse to put with this because the lace is kind of a muted pink irl.

>> No.9118006

>>9117903
White.

>> No.9118086

>>9117903
Definitely white.

>> No.9118526
File: 16 KB, 250x333, 552719-2842-2016-01-07769877.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I adore this jsk, but I never wear it because I have no idea what kind of blouse to put with it. What goes well with a boatneck jsk, anons?

>> No.9118542

>>9118526
A sheer low neck blouse in the same colour as the collar would be great. It would give it more of an OP look. I don't really think any kind of visible high-neck would look right with that neckline

>> No.9118593

>>9118542
I don't get why would sheer blouse look good with this as it's clearly more suited for autumn or winter. Low neck sure, but sheer would look out of place. I have personally used some cutsews with low neckline under ops/jsks when I want long sleeves but no visible collar. Wether anon wants long or short sleeves my opinion is it should be something more heavy material to not look out of place.

>> No.9118776

>>9118526
Cardigan or bolero.

>> No.9118877
File: 484 KB, 979x402, sufferingandshame.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Please help. I got my dreamdress and now I'm just blanking on what to do with it. I'll take any kind of advice I'm so ashamed of myself.

>> No.9118954

>>9118877
I wouldn't go with the IW socks.

>> No.9119002

>>9118954
Yeah I'm so lost on socks or tights, I do kinda want cutlery themed ones though. Do you have any recommendations?

>> No.9119507
File: 1.45 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Uggghhhhh I want it!! It's a purse and can actually carry my phone and wallet in it. Cute or cheap looking?

>> No.9120175
File: 621 KB, 640x1136, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9119507
I've seen it pulled off a few times.

What is the name plate pin in the middle called?

>> No.9120441
File: 71 KB, 458x693, TB2qxFcaVXXXXc0XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!555372357.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm looking to buy pick related and I'm wondering how terrible it would look if I wore gothic shoes (black platform mary janes) with it.

>> No.9121034

>>9120441
Depends on how you coord it. I would go more military/classic with heeled boots, but it really depends on the rest of the coord.

>> No.9121273

>>9121234
How can I coord this?
I am wanting it for some very casual outfits.

>> No.9121531
File: 394 KB, 676x966, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can anyone help me with finding a headpiece for Haenuli's Moon Jelly Princess in Obsidian, I'd like to get the matching headbow but I can't find it anywhere.
Preferably one that can be coorded with black also if it can be shipped to the UK by mid August. Thanks in advance

>> No.9123008
File: 208 KB, 1356x1036, COORD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Looking for some input on this, mostly with what kind of tights/headdress to use. I would like a veil as I'm going for a more formal, over the top look, but I'm having a hard time finding one that really fits with it. I don't know if I should try to add more brown or blue with it either. I almost went with blue shoes but I felt that'd be a more cutesty look when I'm going for a little more elegant/mature. But now there's nothing else brown in it.. Any help would be appreciated.

>>9118877
I suppose it's really up to personal preference, but when you've got those busy tights and dress, I think you should go for a more OTT look with the headdress. I like those ribbons but not with this, I'd use those for more toned down looks. I think the pink shoes with some other pink accessories would really make it pop. But I have been out of lolita for a long time so take it with a grain of salt. Looks cute so far.
Congrats on getting your dream dress!

>> No.9123137
File: 325 KB, 1500x932, IMG_20160731_174039.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kind of a weird question
My late grandma left me this hat she had made for her in the forties. I'd love to use in in a coordinator but could use suggestions on what to incorporate it into.

>> No.9123148
File: 69 KB, 419x452, 45b9dba937ab5af434f1b187be6edbb2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9123137
I'm thinking of matching it with this skirt as of now since I already own it and it features the same variety/color of flower as the hat. Unsure if I can make it work though. Also, no idea how to style hair with that hat.