[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 55 KB, 397x181, This_is_a_logo_for_ConnectiCon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9051009 No.9051009 [Reply] [Original]

With less than a month away, I guess it's time for a ConnectiCon thread.

This is my first time going... what can I expect?

Is anyone else going? And if anyone has a room they plan on cancelling at the Marriott, I would happily take it off your hands, as I plan on wearing some heavy shit and the closer I am to my room from the convention center the better.

>> No.9051150

I'll be going, though unfortunately not in cosplay this year due to some complications.

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative mode of transportation to get into Hartford than just driving?
Last year I think I spent something like $40 to park for the weekend, and that's annoying.

I would take a bus, but I typically leave the convention around midnight, give-or-take an hour, and I don't think the buses run that late.

>> No.9051325

>>9051009
I'm going.

The food situation is weird, there's not many restaurants within reasonable walking distance, and everyone knows buying food at the con itself is waste of money.

Personally I'm going to be salty as fuck if those food truck don't show up at the nearby park. I ain't buying food at the con, and the only place nearby is subway.

>> No.9051496

Does anyone know if there's going to be a lolita panel or at least a meet up or something?

>> No.9051520

>>9051496
i will meet up with you

>> No.9051532

Got declined guest status even though my group has been a guest for 4 years. Looks like I'm not going to this one.

>> No.9051539

>>9051532
which group? wat was the reason?

>> No.9051540

>>9051532
alright cosplayer nation

>> No.9051737
File: 462 KB, 1920x1080, Twin_Princes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Will be going as Elder prince Lorian from dark souls 3.

This is the first year I'll actually have some of my closest friends along and not have crazy drama. Pretty excited to get into contests and drinking with like minded people.

Whats everyone else going as? Progress? Eill post mine once most of its dry. Just need the tunic sewn and itll be about 90% complete, save for some small details.

>>9051325
I sincerely hope the food trucks are around again. I like the option of having more then just pizza and fries.

>>9051009
>expect
Its a mid sized con thats gained some popularity, and with popularity you move further from fandom and more to business. You will see some glaring oversites in some spots, but really, its just like every other con: lots of good people watching and some decent cosplay. Area is alright, but be on guard after midnight. Dont think they have river fest at the same time this year, that was a nightmare a couple years ago.

>> No.9052015

>>9051325
There's a food court about 5 minutes walking from the convention. Might not be open on Sunday or late at night though. It's near the burger king and i think it's near the subway.

>>9051737
Does that mean no fireworks this year?
I always wondered what they were for, but I liked chilling with randoms and watching them

>>9051009
Other anons described it well enough, but I want to point out that, in previous years (except last year, which kind of sucked), the panels were better than most cons I've been to. Which is a little odd because it's relatively small, but I'm not complaining.

>> No.9052072

>>9051325
food trucks.... my excitement for this con has increased tenfold

>> No.9052299

http://www.riverfront.org/events/riverfest-food-truck-festival

Food trucks WILL be there

>> No.9052304

>>9052299
and so will the drunken normies and muggers.

DO NOT GO OUTSIDE AFTER DARK ALONE.

>> No.9052520

>>9052304
Stop that you, you're scaring the newcomers away.

It's just generally a bad idea to go out in Hartford alone at night. I imagine if you're only going out on the walkway you should be fine, but I wouldn't stray from the Convention Center/Science Center/Marriott area if alone.
Cosplay makes a difference though. If you're wearing mostly skin you really just shouldn't go outside after dark alone at all. But if you're suited up in armor then there's really nothing to be scared of.

>> No.9052544

OP here, thanks for all the advice, thus far, it's been very helpful. I go to Otakon too, so I guess it can't be any worse than that.

I'm at the Hilton, and will be cosplaying all weekend, but nothing really revealing. I'll have my b/f with me too.

How do the shuttles work? Are they reliable, or should I expect to walk? The Hilton is a little under a mile away from the Convention Center itself.

>> No.9052572

>>9052544
I've walked to the Hilton from the convention center and back last year. The route isn't through a bad part of Hartford, and I personally didn't think it was that long. My best guess is 15 minutes or so to walk. Maybe a bit more. If you're in a heavy costume you might want to take the shuttle to avoid the heat though.

In terms of reliability, I have no idea, but when I went to the Hilton there just happened to be a shuttle leaving when I arrived, and a shuttle leaving when I left (but I still walked), so I'm inclined to believe they make the rounds relatively often. The schedule you should just google.

The shuttle didn't seem too sketchy either, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

>> No.9052639

>>9052304
We're not all helpless 12 year old girls on here you know.

>> No.9052664

>>9052520
>Stop that you, you're scaring the newcomers away.
you might be surprised how many people in the past have been shocked that a festival in a city after dark is not a place to set your valuables down.

>> No.9052669

>>9052639
>tfw you'll never be a qt 12 year old experiencing a con for the first time

>> No.9052673

>>9052639
check archives, theft during Riverfest was a noteworthy issue. be aware of your surroundings and don't put anything down.

>> No.9052721

>>9052673
yeah. I don't think mugging was an issue though. wouldn't make sense to be. There's so many people around for Riverfest, you just couldn't get away with it.

>> No.9052760

I'm excited for CTcon as it was my first convention and I've gone ever sense. The staffing can be a bit of a pain since I believe they've gotten stricter within the past few years, or in my experience anyway.

im excited for the cosplay, I always enjoyed the variety and lengths people go to at this con. Granted 1/3 of the cosplay is league related but whatever.

>> No.9052771
File: 388 KB, 1280x1710, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Finally someone made a thread for my home con. DESU the walkway has been a huge improvement on the convention and if you just stick around it you should be fine night-wise. A lot of Hartford nightlife is kinda sketchy anyways you aren't missing much.
As for the convention itself, CTCon actually has some of my favorite events. It might be the nostalgia talking but I would 1000% recommend the Death Match, also Super Art Fight (especially if you get into the 18+ one).
All in all it's large enough that there's actually things going on, but small enough that it's pretty easy to actually meet and talk to people. Since I think I might finally be happy with it I'll mainly be Elizabeth in varying degrees all weekend.
>inb4 mention that it's overdone

>> No.9052788

>>9052304
A lot of us are adults who know how to take reasonable precautions. And DESU it's probably no different than any other outdoor public event or shitty area of a large city.

>> No.9052796

>>9052771
Super Art Fight has always conflicted with something I wanted to go to more. I hope I can actually go see it this year.

What exactly do they do? Just try to draw something and compete to see who does it better?

>> No.9052799

>>9052771
Death Match is my favorite big event for sure

>>9052788
good for you

>>9052796
they "spin" a digital wheel that gives a prompt, and the two artists competing draw based off the prompt. they can draw on or transform each other's work, to humorous effect

>> No.9053193
File: 72 KB, 720x960, 11737838_389137064617061_5294063626292195739_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This will be my third year going, will be dressed as Anon with a chat-roulette window over my crotch; I've been dressed as Jesus the last two years. They usually have good gaming competitions, the booths are pretty good, you'll see some good cosplay here and there. There was this tall ass Jack Skellington last year, was pretty cool. It's the only con I've ever been to and I've only gone on Saturdays, but every year it's been pretty fun. Panels are good so are workshops.

I mostly like looking at all the cool nerd shit I can't buy.

>> No.9053210

>>9052799
I've heard of the death match thing and I know it's popular but I've never cared to look into it. What is it? Cosplayers pretending to fight?

>> No.9053429

>>9053210
two entrants compete for crowd favor. typically, each "entrant" is a single cosplayer, but sometimes groups happen, like the Powerpuff Girls. the crowd votes via cheers and screams and general noise for their favorite entrant, and then they act out a fight where the crowd favorite wins.

the host guides the process, and is usually this geeky metalhead webcomic artist who knows how to work a crowd. a DJ will queue up music during the fights to sometimes humorous effect.

it's tournament style, so the winning side of each fight goes on to the next round, and on and on until just two entrants are left.

sometimes, the audience clearly cheers for whatever is flavor of the month, but a cosplayer who looks and acts great can win over a crowd. i think one year Bill Nye won, another year saw a Princess Tutu en pointe kick a lot of ass (not sure if she won), and sometimes the audience is split in half for who they want to win or audibly mourns when a cute/beloved character gets less votes and so dies in the fight.

for a while, there was a zombie horde as an entrant and the people they killed/ate onstage would become zombies in the next round, so the horde grew and grew and some cosplayers even zombified themselves with makeup after being assimilated.

>> No.9053431

>>9053429
(continued)

what makes it popular is a combination of DJ, host, surprising or entertaining improv from the cosplayers, and the huge level of participation and bloodthirst the crowd gets to indulge in. compare to the Masquerade, where everything is in the hands of the judges and pre-scripted, and the audience is supposed to be more passive. the Death Match is more like a concert or something with all the shouting, participation, and such.

>> No.9053455

>>9053429
For reference, his (the host's) name is Mookie and he is legendary. Also despite there usually being a flavor-of-the-month win or two, the overall winner is usually satisfying. The Jack Skellington pictured >>9053193 was actually a small child and he won the year before Bill Nye

>> No.9053514

>>9053429
>tfw no more Cobra Commander in death matches

>> No.9053515

>>9053514
aw what happened with him?

>> No.9053812

>>9053455
Didn't know that about the Jack Skellington. That's pretty cool.

>> No.9054409

This is my home con and this will be my 9th year going
the con had a rough patch a couple years ago but I honestly loved last year so much and I'm really pumped for this year.

I'm currently working on my Prince of all Cosmos cosplay for my Katamari group

>> No.9054668

>>9051532
CTCon does shitty stuff like this on the regular. Sorry, bro. :\

>>9052721
People were mugged a few years ago walking back from the Hilton to their hotel, really late after the game room closed and the shuttle was shut down for the night.

If you've never been to CTCon or Hartford before: don't walk through downtown Hartford late at night. Don't walk alone in the evening unless you're directly near the con center near other congoers. You'll be fine on the shuttle, plan accordingly. idk if those who got mugged had no idea what Hartford was like and just assumed it was all yuppies like on TV, but it's not. Hartford had the highest homicide rate in New England in 2015, just be street smart and stay away from the clubs.

>> No.9058942

>>9053812
Kid was OG. He took a stage dive for the pity vote. His dad admitted the kid dove down because he knew he wouldn't get hurt and more people would cheer for him so he'd win.

Can't even be salty, kid has balls.

>> No.9059244

Been going since 2006.
The Dash Bus will be you best friend.
All the best deals are on Sunday.

>> No.9059383

>>9059244
How late does the dash run?

>> No.9059410

>>9059383
In previous years the Dash shuttles have run until like 1 or 2 AM the nights of the con, I imagine it'll be along the same lines this year.

>> No.9060053

it would be awesome if the staff would stop sitting on their hands and get on with the deathmatch emails. It was bad enough that they werent able to send out confirmation emails but I want to know if I'm in it already. And if I am then ill be surprised if I dont win lol

>> No.9060121

>>9060053
Insider pro tip, half the cosplay staff bailed out including the person who organized the main events last year. They don't really have a main person doing that job and therefore half the shit that needs to be done is not.

Pretty sure they only just picked someone to host the masq in the past few days

>> No.9060202

>>9060121
It's unfortunate that the guy who "owns" the con is so bad. He's not a huge fan of anime, and he's clearly not a remarkable businessman. They really just need to fork out the cash for a good manager. I'd pay an extra $5 on ticket price for a better convention.

>> No.9061354

>>9060202
Since this is the only con I've been to, I can't really compare it to other's since I don't watch them either. What do other cons have that this one doesn't? Not compared to big name cons but you know just regular one's.

>> No.9061482

>>9060121
Well still they need to get it together. I can't plan when im cosplaying what till i know if im in it and I cant plan on doing a photoshoot till i hear about the deathmatch either. And since you're an "insider" why is the "rave" being held at a club this year?

>> No.9061920

>>9054668
Wasn't the Governor of Connecticut bragging about how safe his state was now that they banned guns?

>> No.9061944

>>9054668
The people who got mugged were walking from the con center to the Hilton for gaming I believe. And yea Hartford is not a good place to be at night especially in cosplay cause you'll be a target. Pretty much assume the Marriott and con center and the area right around it is spawn and you can't get mugged there but venture outside that area without being on a bus and you best be in a big group that can take down one or two assailants.

>> No.9062247

>>9061920
Yeah, there's been a decrease in gun violence, but obviously that doesn't mean all crime is going to cease happening? Hartford's been a shithole for decades now, and it has many different factors contributing to that.

>>9060202
Ugh, Daigle is such a douche. He's only in it for the money.

>>9061354
>What do other cons have that this one doesn't?
to start with, a chairman that actually gives a shit about attendees....

>> No.9062284

If anyone's interested there will be a lolita swap meet outside of the Marriott ballroom on Saturday at 7:30

>> No.9062495

>>9062247
Yea you're right daigle is a douche. He's been so impersonal and short and douchey when me or anyone else has asked questions. He hasn't always been the chair I think he moved up to that point and his wife isn't much help either cause she got roped into the con as well. And how do ya'll know he doesn't like anime and whatnot?

>> No.9063436

Yea he's a douche. The fucking con center is closing at 9 to save money probably. This is my home con and I've been going for years and all this doesn't bode well for future years. If this con starts to be like NYCC I'm done with it

>> No.9063442

>>9063436
Closing at 9? Will there be events at the hotels?

Also, which hotel is the party hotel?

>> No.9063456

>>9063442
The attached Marriott is always the party hotel

>> No.9063462

>>9063456
It's not on the hotel list on the con webpage?

>> No.9063475

>>9063442
There is no, dare I say it, rave( only cause it's being treated like nigger by the admins) at the mariott. It's just a dance at some club in Hartford that only attendes can get into

>> No.9063480

>>9063442
And the events that are going on after 9 are just tabletop gaming and the photoboth and cosplay repair and cosplayer relaxation room and the convival fest where ever the fuck that's going on

>> No.9063500

>>9063436
>The fucking con center is closing at 9
bull fucking shit, some good panels happen at late night and i will be in AA all day otherwise

Connecticon why

>> No.9063502

>>9063475
>>9063480
I don't get out of work until late on Friday, is there even any point in coming Friday night? Will there be room parties at least?

>> No.9063512

>>9063500
all the panels will end by 9 and the 18+ ones will be all day now. and as per King Douche its all cause only "10% of people asked in a questionnaire attend after like 7" and they don't have "enough staff" to run it later. I think its cause hes just being a jew and doesn't wanna spend money cause its turning into into what NYCC has become, a free for all money grab. But go check out the facebook page for it and look at all the shit going down

>> No.9063517

>>9063502
idk about room parties

>> No.9063529

>>9063512
NYCC can get away with it because they're the only major con that can afford to be in NYC.

Connecticon has tons of competition in the New England area.

>"10% of people asked in a questionnaire attend after like 7"

Anyone who's been to even a single convention knows that's bullshit. WTF?

>> No.9063539

>>9063529
Yea he said himself that it's a ghost town after 9pm like wtf Im always there and so are so many people after 9

>> No.9063544

>>9063539
He probably goes to bed then.

>> No.9063586

>>9062495
I know other con chairs who talk shit about him. His ex wife was the anime fan, he likes table top gaming. When they split up he was like ffffuuuuck I'm stuck with all these weebs when really all he wants is table top gaming. He hates cosplayers and anime fans.

>> No.9063615

>>9063500
And the only thing they have going on after 9 is the informal dance, which they moved to a club away from the con.

>> No.9063620
File: 179 KB, 505x487, hartford is a safe city for real guys!!!.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9063639
File: 42 KB, 630x243, hyfrbtukdrtyujn.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I saw this on their Facebook. You got to be fucking kidding me... Combined with whole no panels after 9 thing, this con's going to shitter.

>> No.9063708

>>9063586
well that explains why the only thing going on after 9 is the tabletop gaming T__T
>>9063639
Yea like I said you can't say the R word.

>> No.9063786

>>9063586
lmao why? I don't watch anime but why does he give a shit? They're willing to pay money why not provide for the shit they're coming for?

>> No.9063797

>>9063436
lol hi Rick, complain some more, why don't you?

>> No.9064155

>>9063797
Who's Rick?

>> No.9064165

>>9063797
Why do i feel this is the King douche himself?

>> No.9064412

Why does the guest roster look like absolute garbage? The voice actor of Sponge Bob... Really? Daigle, do you really think we're all autistic 11 year olds that would actually find enjoyment in that?

This isn't even a 'babby's first con' anymore. If this is someones first con experience it will most likely also be their last.

Also fuck nerdfit network. Those rumors of Eric raping a underaged rave girl at CTCon from 6 years ago are 100% true.

>> No.9064424

>>9064412
I'm looking at the panels and stuff for Saturday and there is an irregular amount of SJW stuff this year

>"How can Western cartoons subvert intense modern topics like classism, racism, ageism, ablism, and all your trigger-warning topics while not talking down to its viewers? "

God, I can hear the purple and pink hair dye from here.

>> No.9064452

>>9064424
So not only are all the panels done by 7, but they're really bad as well. Half the program listed online is photoshoots and signing, the other half is just plain retarded.

I got a real bad feeling that this is gonna be my last year going to this con. $75 for no good panels, no funny or interesting guests, and the con is over each day at 7.

Shit, like is there even any 18+ content? I saw 1 panel listed and it wasn't a big name like Fakku or even hosted by the local group that does it each year. Bye bye Connecticon, its been a nice 9 years knowing you.

>> No.9064460

>>9064452
Hi nintendofangirl

>> No.9064461
File: 8 KB, 200x253, cantseemyforehead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9064452
fuck everything

>> No.9064463

>>9064460
Lol didn't she get banned from the con for shit talking it on social media a year or two ago?

>> No.9064466
File: 65 KB, 1280x720, 11411959_1003246149699292_8658762838150372576_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9064452
Like, at least there is shit to do in NYC for NYCC. Hartford basically shuts down at 9PM, so with no late panels or 18+ things, there is literally no reason to not go home or back to your hotel room at 9. Fuck this con

>> No.9064468

>>9064463
it was a mild complaint, questioning the price increase for tickets, from what i remember.

>> No.9064470
File: 87 KB, 764x960, 1455758178515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9051009
If you came to this board expecting answers, such a fool you must be. This is a tomb where words of gut twisting hatred, soul crushing loss, and mind numbing solitude echo; we are here to release what the world has bestowed, not absorb it.

This place, to which some call home, is an instrument of emotional vivisection; a tool to remove the leeches named despair and self-malice which society had afflicted those they deemed a lesser.

To prosper here, one must learn balance by relishing in the disdain of those who post revilement, all the while purging cancerous thoughts that plague the heart. The touchless miserables here are not bound by this physical plane, but materialize through posts of written language behind the mask of anonymity. Make use of these robot readers so others may share your misery; articulate the burden of your weathered spirit who knows not the warmth and joy of an amorous bond.

Then learn to laugh along with the nihilists, gluttons, and the cursed; banter with the villains, the whores, the sick and perverse. In this dark corner of the interwebs, they are your cruel companions, your cohorts of self depravity; all bonded together as faceless rejects who world has forsaken.

So go and run, Opie, leave our secret club. You may yet have a chance to escape untainted from the emotive parasites which thrive in this board. May you never know the bedevilment which captivates us; the vexation of memetic imagery arousing mans most primitive sins. For I am envious, Opie, my path led to damnation. Forsaken was I, a worthless cretin; condemned to bear witness to the fleeting years of my priceless youth fade and my mortal vessel rot with age. This board has imprisoned me; sealing me away to a fate of endless decay, forever bickering among the other wretches of this cyberspace cafe for the socially aborted.

>> No.9064475

>>9064468
To be fair, the price had been increasing every single year while the con has not been getting any better. Remember when the game room was changed so it was like 12 machines by the side escalator? God I swear if the game room is shit tier again, I'm gonna disavow connecitcon for good.

>> No.9064500
File: 695 KB, 604x450, lp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm happy I'm a pleb and mostly go there to buy cool shit, see cool cosplayers, go to only a few panels, and chill with friends. It's nice having little expectations because I feel like if I expected anything I would want to kill myself.

But knowing the con is only getting shittier and shittier with a big boss man who doesn't give a fuck about it, crappier panels, and fewer cool guests still makes me feel bad for everyone else.

In an attempt to brighten the mood, is there anything that you guys are looking forward to seeing or panels you're attending? Any people you're hype to see or get an autograph from?

>> No.9064513

>>9064500
>fewer cool guests
if anything, the guests get better each year, especially if you like Western fandoms. there is a huge Star Trek presence this year, with actors across the different shows, and Takei was great last year.

i also mostly go for the hanging out aspect, odd panels, Death Match, and Artist Alley. i hope to meet the Honest Trailers guy (met the Cinema Sins duo at another con) and move some brand at the lolita swap meet

>> No.9064518

>>9064500
I mean, there is a small chance that I'll like super art fight. I've seen them all the years they've been here and they've gotten super stale and boring. I'm probably just going to take photos at the cosplay meet ups.

Also, should we do a cgl meet up?

>> No.9064525
File: 144 KB, 358x358, idblElJSwqCaW.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9064513
> >Western fandoms

This con just isn't for me anymore. I've been going since it was an anime convention. Silly to say isn't it? That this isn't an anime convention anymore. Not to say "kekeke anime is refined and mature" but I just don't watch western cartoons ever. It's disappointing that a home convention for me which was everything I loved has twisted over the years into excluding all the things I enjoy. Yeah, it was a wide variety, but the original attendees of this con are now turned away by it. Connecticon has lost it's way.

The last years I've seen the table top area grow from one small room into the size of the dealers hall and its still never ever filled. Panels about non-anime things were rare and now that's all it is. A couple years back the staff was openly telling people that the main interest of the convention was webcomics. This is literally becoming NYCC in the sense that it's just a "pop culture" con. I just want my anime con back ;A;

>> No.9064529

>>9064518
Let's try to stay away from the negativity. SO A CGL MEET UP??

Would you guys be down for Saturday?

>> No.9064557

Regarding guests, I fucking hate when celebrates who are popular online and already millionaires who are always like "oh I love my fans so much <3" charge out the ass for autographs. "Yeah I love and appreciate my fans but I won't write my name down on a picture of myself or a DVD for them unless they pay me $50."

Is it just me who thinks like this? Fucking George Takei was there last year and he's semi-relevant and making tons of money and he wanted $50. Like the least you can do is scribble down your name and not expect anything in return.

>> No.9064561

>>9064529
CGL meetup where we play Mr. Freenan's CAH pls

(see Seagulls Against Humanity thread if you have not tried it out yet)

>> No.9064565

>>9064557
sometimes this is controlled by their agency.

>> No.9064570

>>9064565
ugh I don't know how agencies and business work so I can't argue anything it just annoys me

>> No.9064578

>>9064570
And then there is the appearance fee. When they had the voice of Winnie the Pooh, his appearance fee was over $8,000

>> No.9064582

>>9064529
>>9064561
Saturday meetup sounds good, and Seagulls Against Humanity sounds even better.

Fucking CTCon. I only go because it's my local con, and I get to see tons of friends, and it's barely worth the cheapest pre-reg price of $45. I almost hope that this is the year that it all starts going downhill for Daigle and we can just be done with it.

>> No.9064610

>>9064412
Nerd fit is awesome what makes you think that's true?

>> No.9064623

>>9064452
Hey one of those Photoshoots are mine lol but seriously fuck the panel selection. Ik it's the attendees fault but usually there's like hentai panels and court case 18+ which I'm noticing there isn't even a regular one either and I fucking love seeing that every year So fucking mad now lol

>> No.9064665

>>9064557
The reasoning behind this is that the guests have appearance fees. A con can pay the appearance fees and have less guests (or higher tickets to make up the difference), or do what most comic cons do, which is have the guests charge for autographs/photos and then charge the con the difference for their appearance fee.

For example, a guest charges a 10k appearance fee. The con can pay them 10k and have them not charge for autographs. Or the guest charges for photos and makes 8k meaning the con only pays 2k, leaving 8k for other guest appearances.

The gamble is paying a lot for a guest that might not draw many guests or having a lot of different guests that appeal to a wider audience in the hopes of attracting more people.

>> No.9064743

>>9064665
And they still get shit guests regardless.

>> No.9064758

>>9064743
>Worf
>Chekhov
>Sam
>Gimli
>Spongebob
>An actual Disney princess

not too bad imo, though the list seems to have shrunk since the batch of Trek actors were previously announced

>> No.9064783

Is it just me or is font they use for the schedule almost unreadable? The letters are way too close together.

>> No.9064803

>>9064557
>Fucking George Takei was there last year and he's semi-relevant and making tons of money and he wanted $50. Like the least you can do is give me shit for free because I'm an entitled piece of shit.

Fixed.

>> No.9064812
File: 29 KB, 800x582, cycber bullied.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9064803
Yeah I think literally a scribble on paper with a sharpie marker shouldn't be worth the entrance fee of attending the convention in the first place I'm so entitled. I'm so shitty I have the nerve to think the least a guy can do is write down his name on a piece of paper for some fans yeah I'm such a piece of shit. I'm demanding so much I know.

>> No.9064816

>>9064812
>expecting someone to take hours out of his day because you're entitled to his product with no form of compensation
If he has to do it for one person, he has to do it for everyone, and I can guarantee it won't take the three seconds you're thinking of to get through hundreds of people.

>> No.9064899

>>9064783
You're not the only one. The font is a barely legible clusterfuck. Whoever choose it should reconsider being a web designer.

>> No.9064968

>>9064623
I assume a lot of the 18+ stuff got cut since the con will be closing at 9 PM.

>>9064610
Different anon, but seriously? Nerdfit are a bunch of misogynistic, self-centered assholes. I hope that story isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe like... 7 or so years ago, Eric was on here bitching that someone "stole his cosplay idea of cosplaying The Internet". He's just a whiny fatass loser.

>> No.9064971

any seagulls vending or tabling this year?

>> No.9064982

>>9064968
According to staff the 18+ Panels would be during the day but so far there's only 2

>> No.9064984

Is anyone having any parties at the attached Mariott or the Hilton? Never been to a con party but they seem fun

>> No.9065012
File: 1.60 MB, 325x244, 1431487180534.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9064982
>tfw the only 18+ are sex/porn panels

I only liked the comedy 18+ panels. Guess I'm turning in early

>> No.9065075

>>9064968
Sorry anon, the story is true. He was in his early/mid 20's and fed booze to this 14 or 15 year old rave girl at the 4chan meet up. He spent the rest of the con in the smoking area between the hotel and the con bragging about it. Consensual or not, rape is fucking rape and this guy gets welcomed as a guest of honor to this con he did that at.

>> No.9065096

>>9065075
Well this is the first I've heard about it. Not defending him or anything but I like nerdfits panels cause they just don't give a fuck lol

>> No.9065382

>>9064899
>>9064783
The CTCon website has always been ugly and awful to navigate (in fact, I'd argue that it's worse now than it has been in the past).
But the schedule is up on the Gather Events app, where it's MUCH easier to read, and you can add things you're interested in to your own personal schedule.

>> No.9066100

>>9064529
I'm down but where would we meet?

And disclaimer: I have no cosplay this year because lazy, so maybe this makes me 2uncool4u although I do have a generic medieval city guard costume that I may or may not wear.

In other news, I buy my tickets at early bird price to save money, but my friends tend to get reg. price in case they find out they can't go. They've heard about the con closing early and the lack of 18+ panels and now most of them are considering not going at.
I may be alone at a mediocre con this year. Anyone else flying solo?

>> No.9066117

>>9064529
I'd be down, just would depend on the time

>> No.9066157

So the con chair himself just looked up and posted about the past attendance/current registration (or lack thereof) of someone whose been vocal about opposing the 9PM closure of the con center. Because the guy hasn't bought a ticket for this year, the chair's written off the criticism completely. What the fuck?

>> No.9066178

>>9066157
Where is it posted?

>> No.9066189

>>9066178
The official ConnectiCon Facebook group. The one that's just called "ConnectiCon". Check one of the last comment threads on the main post whining about "if you complain about the con, that's your waste of $75".

>> No.9066207

>>9066157
Because legit criticism is bad and all people who complain are just trolls or something.

>> No.9066223

>>9066207
Man I hope Dingle gets off his high horse and realizes after this year that the NYCC business model won't cut it for a con like CTCon

>> No.9066253

>>9066223
Dingle seems to be reacting professionally, at least from what I've seen. The comments that are really annoying are the white knights saying "nothing's perfect" and shit like that

>> No.9066293

>>9066253
Oh no, I totally agree. He's handling his shit show really well. But he should realized that the complaints are legit and credible. I really hope that attendance takes a huge dip and they reconsider their business model.

>> No.9066361

>>9066253
Ikr! Those ones are annoying AF snd yea NYCC has gone down the shitter cause they don't give a fuck about fans and only care about money. If Dinglejew keeps it up he's gonna kill the con not that he cares cause he doesn't give a fuck

>> No.9066495

Wow, I thought you all were joking when you said that the panels are over before 9. That makes no sense, what are we supposed to do after 9PM????

>> No.9066507

>>9066495
Go to the rav- I mean public dance which is 10 minutes away.

>> No.9066523

>>9066507
Good thing you caught yourself, we don't need dances canceled in the future.

>> No.9066526

Ok so anyone gonna have a hotel party after 9?

>> No.9066532

Does anyone have an opening at one of the near by hotels that I can buy in?

>> No.9066535

>>9066507
But R*ves aren't technically illegal, assuming you have the permits and shit. It's the trespassing, excessive noise, and drugs parts that are illegal. Unless they're hosting it at an empty warehouse or they allow drugs, they're not going to get in trouble.

Though they're probably just being cheap by hosting it at a club.

>> No.9066634

>>9066507

and get mugged and have the con blame you for being out in the city!

>> No.9066648

>>9066634
But Hartford isn't dangerous! Man in a Tigger outfit proved that!

>> No.9066777

so from what I gather, NYCC sucks. I wont go even if it doesn't, purely because of their shitty weapons policy.

I'll probablt still keep going to CTcon, unless I don't have fun this year. But what other cons are in New England? Is Anime Boston fun? If I recall it's near finals week at my uni though, but I might be thinking of something else. It's also in Boston so I'd have to pay for a train ticket for 3 days, or a Hotel, which sucks. Any other cons to consider?

>> No.9066785

How easy would it be to get into a seat of relative power on the ctcon board?

Fresh out of college so maybe not overly qualified, but I can probably guaruntee I'd do a better job of managing things, and twisting Hartford's nuts for support.

>> No.9066869

>>9066785
I've been close friends with a number of people who were on CTCon staff and all but two have quit because they were so frustrated with the way things were run. (Nothing ever getting done, ignoring legitimate complaints, etc.) It's basically a shitshow. If you were really interested, I'd start off trying to volunteer this year and rub elbows with the powers that be. They basically give positions to their friends.

>> No.9066882

ive been going to CTCon every year since 2012. I'll probably be going as Wirt from OTGW this year, and maybe Kylo Ren

>> No.9066897

>>9066777

Anime Boston is definitely better run. More professional overall. Cosplay scene sucks tho.

Other than that there's Arisia in Boston... it's old school sci-fi, not anime, but has decent room parties. Cosplay is a lot of ren-faire fetishwear furry rando shit.

Another Anime Con is in New Hampshire and blows as a con but the rave is fun and you only need a saturday badge for that, fun drinking con. Cosplay scene sucks.

Rhode Island Comic Con is a giant dealers room. Same for Boston Comic Con.

Does Vermont even have anything? Does Bakuresucon still exist, and if so, how????

And then there's CTcon, which is run by a gibbering manchild who used to beg for money every time his con failed to break even the first five years he kept fucking it up with his mismanagement. A good thing for him, the con scene in New England is so shitty he finally got attendees thru sheer lack of good options.

>> No.9066916
File: 142 KB, 742x960, 10553934_955366787823405_6888566154395687725_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9066777
Besides what >>9066897 mentioned there's Ucon at Uconn which for a free college convection is pretty well run.

There's also Camp Anime if you want to hang out with 14 year old weeaboos for the weekend

There's PortConMaine and AniMaine, but I haven't been to either so I have no opinions on them.

Maybe one year QuinniCon will get it's act together and actually happen

>> No.9066925

>>9066916
camp anime is eh. It might just be because I hate camp grounds/camping and I hate 14 y/o weebs. Got molested last time I went to quinnicon so not going again if they ever have it

>> No.9066994

There's a lot of small cons in New England popping up this year, too. I'm planning on going to PopCult Anime Con in Framingham, MA. It's in the super pretty Sheraton that looks like a castle so I figure it'll be good for shoots.

>> No.9067426

>>9066916
Nope nope Nope nope Nope nope Nope nope Nope nope Nope nope Nope nope stay away from quinnicon. It's a horrible con if they even get their shit together next year. They scammed 100s of people out of money, both artists and con goers like me. I've still to be refunded my money and they've been dead silent since announcing the con was canceled. Like not even responding to concerns they just said hey it's canceled and that was all. And when people messaged them they read it and just ignored them. And I'm just doing my part to promise to tell people to stay away.

>> No.9067457

>>9066916
With insider info: the 2 main people that ran UCon at UConn graduated, and I haven't had a chance to measure up the new presidents of the respective clubs that run it, so it might not be as good this year, but yeah, for a college run convention it's alright.

Also unrelated insider info: one of the Smash Bros: clubs has a huge tournament on Saturday after UCon at UConn closes.

If you're into Magic: The Gathering there's a really good community for that at the convention. Other than that it's mostly a lot of cosplayers hanging out. Also it's on a college campus so if you know anyone there you can party after the con closes.

>> No.9067515

>>9051150
convention ends at 9 this year

>> No.9067567

>>9067457
Also, it's fucking UConn. Dairy bar, wings over, Teds, DP dough, SGT Peps, Wally's.

Best food con ever

>> No.9067597

>>9067426
Yeah, I saw quite a few people mentioning that in the comments on their page. I'm glad I didn't pre-reg. A few people mentioned contacting Quinnipiac about it, one guy posted yesterday that they said they're working on it. :\ Hopefully everyone will get refunded. I'm definitely not going to bother with Quinni-Con again, they fucked up too many times. There's other small cons I'd rather support.

>> No.9067752

Saturday at 5 sound like a good meet up time?

>> No.9067908

hey guys i'm relatively new to cons and how stuff works. For photoshoots and stuff, do you have to sign up before time to go there? and who actually takes pictures? just con goers or professionals? does it cost money if its professional? I've never gone to one before but I'm thinking about it this year.

>> No.9067915

>>9067908
You don't need to sign up to go to one, just look at the schedule and find one you wanna goto. And it depends on the shoot. Sometimes it's just con goers and sometimes it's a professional. And if it is a professional you can probably choose not to take part if they wanna charge or you just donate a few dollars.

>> No.9067928

>>9067915
thanks man

>> No.9068226

Anon that is cosplaying Anon from >>9053193 here. Would you guys think it's okay to have a a pin with a board's name on it to show the board I'm from or no?

>> No.9068343

Does anyone have room for 1 on Saturday night?

>> No.9068781

>>9067928
Np, I only know cause I'm hosting one of them

>> No.9068920

Hosting a panel at this con has been a nightmare process so far this year.
They did the whole thing through a new, third party site and I didn't even know the panel got picked up until a week ago. UGH.

>> No.9069049

>>9068343
Room as in a place to stay? Or room as you're trying to get booked with a photogapher or something and want to know if they have another spot?

>> No.9069052

>>9067752
I haven't checked the schedule at all but probably. I'm also down for Sunday because I only plan on showing up for vendor sales and then leaving otherwise

>> No.9069135

>>9069052
The masquerade will be going on then if that matters?
I'd suggest 9:00 outside after the con shuts down, but that's when the fireworks start so it'll be a clusterfuck outside.

>> No.9069295

>>9069135
>I'd suggest 9:00 outside after the con shuts down, but that's when the fireworks start so it'll be a clusterfuck outside.
jesus fuck, you made me picture how everyone from the con is going to be out there with nothing else to do.

fucking Dingle

>> No.9069447

>>9069295
Hopefully a lot of the people without a hotel will go home before then.

It's going to be a clusterfuck anyways

>> No.9069453

>>9069049
Room as in a place to stay.

>> No.9069483

do you have to sign up before hand for SuperArtFight? I mean sign up before the con starts, like online.

>> No.9069499

>>9069483
also for the cosplay death match same question

>> No.9069519

>>9069483
>>9069499
Artfight I don't believe so
Death Match you had to apply for a few months ago

>> No.9069689

Does anyone know if any wig vendors are confirmed for the dealers hall?
I managed to throw together a last minute costume, but I don't have the time to order a wig.

>> No.9069696

>>9069689
Tasty Peach says they're going to be there.

>> No.9070350

>>9069453

I have a spot but its in the Holiday Inn
You okay with that?

>> No.9070543

>>9069135
>>9069295
>>9069447

I'm indifferent to the Masquerade, but I'll leave it up to you guys to decide the time. I could probably do both 5 and 9. If it's outside during the fireworks though, it may be anticlimactic since everyone would just be watching the fireworks and talking. But then again it might be better because everyone would just be watching the fireworks and talking.

>> No.9070547

>>9064452
>No fakku
Not going to bother checking if it's true (I kind of doubt it since the guy said CTCon was the first con he hosted a panel at, and he seemed like a guy that wouldn't break tradition), but I'm almost indifferent about that. They ran the same hentai worth watching panel 2 years in a row, and made a joke about having someone be the bicycle for next year, so I don't think they're changing it up, and thus I also don't think I'd go. But for anyone who hasn't seen their hentai worth watching/doujin worth reading panels, they're hilarious.

>> No.9070610

>>9070547
>implying it would be up to the panelist and not CTCon staff being idiots

In the past they've just not scheduled very popular panels that had been going on for years, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to them.

>> No.9070710

>>9070547
>>9070610
Yeah Fakku is notorious for not making new content for panels. But I still can't believe they aren't hosting a panel of even having a boothl. Those guys are funny as shit. I remember that one of the guys from the booth/panel is a local and will probably be at the con even though they aren't guests. I wanna hear if connecticon fucked them as well.

>> No.9070793

>>9070610
>>9070710
That's so bizarre. Like I figured for big names like that the convention staff would actually actively seek them out to ask them if they wanted to come back. This is probably what anon is talking about when they say these people can't into business logic.

>> No.9070810

>>9070793
Considering they got rid of their late night programming, they might have not had room to put them in.

I'm surprised they don't at least have a booth though

>> No.9070820

>>9051150
The hartford public library has free parking on weekends and after 5 on friday as far as I remember, not sure if it's a law or if the cops just don't check but you might want to try that. That's what I did when I actually went.

>> No.9070823

>>9070810
If I was told that my very popular and well-known panel was not going to be allowed this year because the space was going to ponyshit and SJW panels, I'd probably be salty enough to not vend there.

>> No.9070831

>>9067567
As a Uconn alum I never appreciated the amazing food availability until after I graduated and left campus. Fucking phenomenal.

>> No.9070923

>>9070793
Nevermind business logic, there's just no common sense.

There's been no improvement on staff's part in the slightest over the years, and I've been going to CTCon since 2005. That was the first year at the con center and was almost the last year ever because of a "surprise $30k" in fees the con center allegedly tacked on at the last minute. The only reason the con didn't go under was because the webcomic community saved their ass with fundraising.

>> No.9071391

>>9070823
There's ponyshit? Any of it on Saturday?

>> No.9071813

Is there a way to see the schedule in a table format? Both the app and the website only seem to have it in list form

>> No.9072992

bump

>> No.9073110

Is there gonna be a JoJo photoshoot or meet-up? I'm going all weekend but on saturday i'll be Kira

>> No.9073116

>>9064452
>No Fakku
Seriously? What the fuck I wanted to buy a Fakku shirt and wear it around Sunday

>> No.9073481

>>9073116
Sorry friend, looks like that can't happen.

Also, can you guys break down what exactly lobby conning is? Is it restricted to just the hotel lobby? Or like are you allowed in the smoking area/near the indoor stairs?

>> No.9073495

>>9073481
Lobby conning is when you go to con but don't buy a badge. For most conventions this would make you forced to stay in the hotel lobby. You could go anywhere you aren't required to have a badge ie the outdoor stairs and most of the Marriott.

>> No.9073528
File: 28 KB, 400x321, goodnews.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Riverfest is canceled because Hartford can't manage their money (thanks, Yard Goats). So no fireworks, but the food truck festival will still be going on. Which means Saturday won't be as much as a clusterfuck as it normally is and we can all still eat good food!

So now there's nothing interfering with a meetup at 9 on Saturday.

>> No.9073552

>>9073528
I liked the fireworks, but cutting out half of the people in Hartford will make life easier.

Also hoping this means that the bridge will stay open all weekend so we don't have to go around to get food.

>> No.9073567

>>9073528
What is with the food truck thing anyway? I live next to the green in Hamden where it is and it just showed up. Was it a fad or something?

>> No.9073610

>>9066777
Anime Boston is simultaneously the most professional con in New England and a complete clusterfuck. In the last few years, the city of Boston has imposed a horrendously incompetent security theater on the con, which leads to entrances randomly opening and closing and lines that often wrap around the building. Once you're actually in the Hynes, it's great (tons of shit going on, great panels, decent cosplay scene), but god have mercy if you want to change cosplays or eat something other than overpriced cafeteria burgers.

>> No.9073647

>>9073567
Like, food trucks in general? I guess it's kind of a fad, or at least it's gotten more popular in the last several years. They have them come for Riverfest, which has made getting food during CTCon the last few years awesome because they're affordable, convenient, and generally pretty tasty.

>>9073552
Yeah, the fireworks are nice, but no big deal. There being that many less people will more than make up for the lack of fireworks.
I don't see why they'd need to close the bridge now, so hopefully it'll stay open.

>> No.9073659

>>9073647
>affordable
every friday they come to the end of my street i dont think ive ever been charged 3 for water in my entire life until i went there. but they are pretty good so i guess i wont complain

>> No.9073735

>>9073647
Kind of off topic, but I like the food truck "fad". It's not necessarily cheaper than fast food, but it's a lot more diverse, and the money is getting spread to these people who run their own small businesses.

In other news, I'd be down for a meetup at 9 now. I'm up for 5 as well, but there may be panels of interest at that time, so that could be a deterrent to others.

>> No.9073819

Could someone post a link to the schedule? I can't find it anywhere. :/

>> No.9073865

>>9073659
The food is affordable in comparison to the restaurants downtown and the con center cafeteria (which is pretty gross desu).

>>9073819
https://register.growtix.com/schedule/connecticon_2016

It's ugly as hell, though, I suggest downloading the Gather Events app and looking at the schedule on there, it looks much more pleasant.

>> No.9074078

Are any of the convivial guests/event worth the effort of seeing? I got to hear Psyche Corporation at last year's Rufflecon, but I know nothing about any of these other people

>> No.9074648

>>9073610

Anime Boston is a great con suffering from being based in the most No Fun Bullshit town ever.

CTCon is a shit con suffering from being in the ghetto with no where to go.

>> No.9074743

>>9074078
There's cosplay burlesque, thats pretty sexy

>> No.9075840

>>9074743
Yes I love the overweight women gyrating for my pleasure. It's like second dinner!

>> No.9075872

>>9075840
Hahah, I wish it wasn't true. The belly dancing and burlesque usually have their fair share of disgusting flabsters. God damn this con is fucking garbage.

>> No.9075897

Is there going to be a gull meetup?

>> No.9075901

>>9075897
Definitely on Saturday. Not sure what time exactly. People have said 5 and 9 already. I'm leaning a lot more towards 5.

>> No.9075947

>>9074743
>>9075840
>>9075872

I've been going to cons for a full year, and I've never been to a cosplay burlesque. For exactly this reason.

>> No.9075962

>>9074743
So I'm guessing that's a no for convivial then

>> No.9075977

>>9075962
I mean, the fact that the r*ve is offsite will deter a lot of people. I'm not gonna go because I'd rather room party it up or just go to sleep. If you do go, let us all know how it is.

>> No.9076000

>>9075947
>>9075840
Well I saw it at another convention and the girls weren't overweight. if anything I think one was but the rest were skinny af

>> No.9076088

>>9075947
>going to cons for a full year

Oh, you sweet summer child.

>> No.9076093
File: 1.05 MB, 1061x800, Weenie_Hut_Juniors.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9075947
>A full year

>> No.9076098
File: 160 KB, 1280x720, younewfagshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9075947
>a full god damn year

>> No.9076935

Saturday meet up at 5 in the smoking area between Marriott and Con

>> No.9077101

My shoes came in today and I am officially all set for ctcon.

How's everyone's cosplays going?

>> No.9077126

>>9076935
>>9077101
>tfw wont have one for CTcon this year
How much shit will I get at the gull meetup?

>> No.9077141

>>9077126
Wear weebie shit and you'll do fine, that's what I plan on doing.

>> No.9077153

>>9077101
Waiting for my wig to come in the mail and then I'm all set. Got roped into a Zootopia cosplay, so we'll see how that goes. Still deciding which other ones to bring.

>> No.9077207

>>9077153
>wig
I had to google zootopia cosplays to find out why you needed a wig for an animal cosplay, and now I feel silly
Which one are you going as?

>> No.9077213

>>9077207
Haha yeah no I'm not doing a fursuit or anything, just a gijinka version. I'm going as Judy because the friend housing me for the con is going as Nick and he didn't want to do the cosplay alone.

>> No.9077434
File: 66 KB, 720x616, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Connecticon you fucked up.

>> No.9077440

>>9077101
I'll be pushing it, but I *should* finish everything in time. ... I hope. I procrastinated again. Oops.

>> No.9077443
File: 12 KB, 312x295, slowpoke.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9077434
Literally all of this is old news.

>> No.9077575

>>9077101
Mine is done, I look pretty good. Since I'm wearing a green morph suit I'm worried my vision won't be very good in the vendor's area and I'll have to take of the mask part if I want to see anything I want to buy.

>> No.9077578
File: 229 KB, 550x566, dance ready.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you niggas dance ready?

i definitely wont be there if this is what i gotta look forward to

>> No.9077582

>>9077578
First time at a con dance, sport?

>> No.9077613

>>9077578
thanks anon. I just threw up a little

>> No.9077629

>>9077575
Who are you cosplaying?

>>9077578
Reasons to not go to con dances. Is that a man or a woman? I can't tell

>> No.9077632

>>9077629
anon, you?

>> No.9077681

>>9077629
HOW DARE YOU TRY TO ASSUME THAT PERSON'S GENDER YOU DISGUSTING CISGENDERED HETERO SHITLORD

Haha just kidding. Whatever it is, it's hideous.

>> No.9077687

>>9077629
definitely a man

>> No.9077726

So I'm planning on going in spite of the problems mentioned ITT, cause I want to try and meet some people who have similar interests, but I probably won't go for more than one day. What day is likely to have the most people?

>> No.9077734

>>9077726
saturday usually, som e people cant get out of work friday. Also from what I'm reading the meet up is on saturday.

>> No.9077747
File: 61 KB, 300x190, toxicavenger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9077578

>> No.9077748

>>9077687
everything screams man to me, but i couldnt see her adam's apple so it's puzzling.

>> No.9077752

>>9077632
Not cosplaying, wearing lolita. One year I'll learn to sew and actually cosplay something

>> No.9077924

>>9077748
to be honest, it's even more unfortunate if it's actually a female.

>> No.9078329

>>9077924
>poster with cute anime boys
>bra that you can see visibly under the shirt

The bra isn't necessarily indicative of female, but I think trannies would care more about the presentation of it.

That's also not a "squeeze your dick between your legs so it doesn't look like you have one" pose.

>> No.9078350
File: 160 KB, 480x440, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9077578

>> No.9078450

>>9077748
i am a man with a negligible apple.

also if she is trans she could have shaved it.

>> No.9078477
File: 4 KB, 650x220, iiam.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9077629
The face says ugly woman, but the body is really stocky and seems like a man.

>> No.9078617
File: 654 KB, 450x338, mystery.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9078477

>> No.9079881
File: 695 KB, 763x507, 1407091535538.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everyone is freaking out about the con ending at 9pm.
Yeah, it kind of sucks that the informal dance is kill. But that's not going to stop me from going out to the stairs with a bottle of liquor and chat it up with everyone.
If you ask me, stairscon is better than the actual con during the night.

>> No.9079966

>>9079881
I don't really care that much either, but I know it also means there's no longer going to be chilling in the mostly empty main hall with a few other adults. Now the con "late hours" are early enough that there will still be younguns (relatively) about

>> No.9080133

Do they tax the admission to the con?

>> No.9080280

>>9080133
If you're that tight budgeted, I wouldn't recommend going to a convention.

>> No.9080388

>>9080133
I believe it's included in the cost.

>> No.9080419

>>9079881
I'm more annoyed that half the 18+ panels got canned because of the early closing

>> No.9081215

>>9080280
I'm not tight budgeted I was just wondering.

>> No.9082162

So there is no physical schedule this year. If you don't have a smartphone you have to decipher the schedule on the con's website and print it out yourself.

>> No.9082310

>>9082162
i hope they at least still have those screens in the main thoroughfare listing the day's events

>> No.9082343

>>9082310
They will still have the schedules posted outside of each room of the con.

>> No.9082631

>>9082162
I didn't like carrying around those big ass booklets, but I still liked having one to take home on Thursday night so I could really get a feel for what's going on...feels like such a cop out; they can't possibly be saving that much money by not printing it

>> No.9082633

>>9082631
Then again, if people are starting to use the app, then it's not really a big deal. Maybe this is not the feature loss I should be complaining about compared to everything else

>> No.9083598

Anyone else in panic mode for the con?
>armor: done
>crown: painted
>weapon: drying
>tunic: Fucking half a foot short on one of the measurements
Fuck. I now have to turn it into a double breasted tunic and the Fucking con is in like 4 days and the fabric store with the perfect stuff closes randomly

>> No.9084060

>>9083598
I'm kinda in panic mode. All my armor and the sewing parts are done but the small details, straps, and my prop are really stressing me out. Plus I haven't even started my wig, whoops. Hopefully I'll have the sword for Farnese finished by the end of the day so I can focus on everything else...

>> No.9084207
File: 1.88 MB, 425x267, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9084060
I believe in you anon. You can finish your cosplay

>> No.9084395

I'm being so fucking lazy with cosplay for this con. I've never been this halfhearted, not even for tiny podunk cons, but I'm too tired to put in much effort. I'm hoping being there will re-energize me for my bigger summer cons.

>> No.9084414
File: 169 KB, 160x120, 1307150499530.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9084060
>farnese
>Just remembered, my FAVORITE anime is about to see a resurgence in my life time

I think I'm goign to cry with happiness, unless your about to tell me its some other farnese not from Berserk.

I have been wanting to cosplay Femto griffith for years but figured everyone would just think I'm a bad batman. So I have been doing dark souls stuff since its close enough.

>> No.9085065

Im most likely gonna spend most of my time by the food trucks or in the dealer room, considering all the panels are meh this year. Hmu if you wanna eat loaded tater tots with me B)

>> No.9085737

>>9085065
Don't even get me started on panels. Who the fuck decided it would be a good idea to allow a panel that was litterally about glue. I'm not even kidding you its all about either 7 or 13 types of glue that you can use in cosplay, how they work and the history of each glue. And not panel related but one of the bars at convival is actually holding a dad bod competition for Toby Keith tickets.

>> No.9085832

>>9079881
>>9051009
Man as a collective we should have a huge stair party at 9 o clock. The first year that I'm old enough to go to the 18+ panels, to join the cosplay night life, and they decide to end it at 9. I'm so pissed.
I'm with stairs-anon lets have our own fun on the stairs.
I'll bring the CAH

>> No.9085956

>>9051009
I feel like there's gonna be a shitstorm over some of the 18+ panels and not just for the obvious reasons. None of them say they are 18+ on the schedule. Granted, some are very obviously about inapropriate things, but still dont say anywhere that you need to be 18 to see them. I hope the staff pick up on it and don't accidently let kids in.
However, considering staff is incompetent I can't help but smell shit brewing from a mile away.

>> No.9086037
File: 251 KB, 320x240, 1386803277952.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tfw Camp Anime, the con literally made for 13 year olds, has more night programming than the giant, all-ages con.

>> No.9086045

>>9085956
I noticed that the 18+ tag seemed lacking. I'll have go through the schedule again as not everything is tagged correctly.

>> No.9086127

>>9086045
yea staff said that they need to go and manually tag all the 18+ cause people didnt when they submitted. I mean its not like you have to look at it before you accept it or anything

>> No.9086450

So is anyone gonna be having a room party at the mariott or any of the other hotels?

>> No.9086559

>>9086127
I find it especially baffling because some have 18+ in the title but aren't on the tag. Like wouldn't you tag it the same time you put it in the schedule?

>> No.9086654

>>9085737
See, I think the glue panel could be kinda neat, but then again, I'm also a fucking loser obsessed with /diy/ shit. If it were about epoxy, then we'd really be onto something.

...I mean, CTCon's panels look pretty shitty this year, but that one stood out as one of the less bland/cringeworthy ones to me, just because it seems like it's a topic that people don't talk much about run by people who presumably know their stuff.

>> No.9086672

>>9086654
I've always found that the best panels are ones about random ass shit. Like I can go to a fandom panel anywhere, but how many cons have panels about nostalgic commercials or, in this case, glue?

My panel list this year is really small because they cut a lot of stuff I liked or, because of the shorter day, it overlaps with something else.

>> No.9086695

>>9079881
That's too bad. One of my fondest Connecticon memories was escaping from my terrible roommates to watch Berserk at 1 in the morning and discussing the manga with a few other people that were there.

>> No.9086703

>>9086672
This
CTcon has [had] great non-fandom panels compared to many other, bigger cons. It's a shame they lack as many this year, but that is very possibly a side effect of closing early. And obviously fandom panels are going to be more appealing to more people.

I really don't like panels on hot topics though: feminism, LGBT, etc.
There's no place for that at a convention like this. They just append "in modern anime" to any buzzword and it gets by. It's stupid. Now I've never been to one of these panels, so maybe they are actually interesting and I'm wrong, but I really think that if you wanted to circlejerk with a crowd over liberal agendas then you should attend the various other conventions in hartford at other times of the year dedicated to the topic. True Colors is one such convention (but not in Hartford).

>> No.9086714

>>9086703
Im always afraid to go to those panels. Usually in a discussion panel, people are able to have a civilized debate and discuss their opinions. I just know if I don't think Pearl is a demifluid cogaritasexual, I will get chased out for being a biggot.

My schedule is like 5 panels a day. I usually have like 20 and have to pick and choose, but its all either fandom panels or " [insert hot topic] in anime!"

>> No.9086715

>>9086703
I have nothing against the idea of an "LGBT/feminism in anime, video games, etc" panel but when these take up a third of your programming there's something wrong.

I'm happy to see that the Q&A panel seems to be dying. Ctcon seems to have barely any this year.

>> No.9086748

>>9086715
Q&As are nice for big names and currently relevant people. And it needs to be both, not one or the other. As a rule of thumb, if you're not sure if the room will fill up, then they're not a good contendor for a Q&A.

Thread question:
>What are your favorite/recommended panels from previous years? Why? Who is the intended audience (who should go?)
Preferably panels that are coming back this year.

I had quite some fun at the Welcome to Action Castle! panel, but if you've already gone, it's not going to be as fun the second time, IMO.

I also tend to like historical or informative panels. They may sound boring, but those are often the panels with the most enthusiastic presenters. You never know what you'll get.

I haven't checked, but if Geeknights is doing a panel it will probably be good.

Not a panel but FMV contest is a great time consumer if you have nothing else to do during its timeslot(s)

>> No.9086760

>>9086748
I was talking more about fandom Q&As. You know where people take questions as the character they're cosplaying as and usually turn into cringey fangirl, shipping fests. I have nothing against va's or industry people doing Q&As.

Anyways, favorite previous panels
I loved the "Explain Homestuck to an Old Guy" panel last year. I don't imagine it could work a second time, but it was hilarious and I don't even like Homestuck

I'm always a fan of Art The Hypnotist. I always try to make it to either one of his all-ages or 18+ events.

Historical and informative panels are generally great.

>> No.9086774

>>9086760
I like Art, too, but I can never go with my friends because they think hypnosis is a ruse. Some of them put it on the same tier of rusery as vampires and shit. One of them fucking got hypnotised and he's convinced he was just very tired and drunk and easily manipulated.

Apparently nearly 50% of Americans think it's fake. I do not get this meme.

>> No.9086795

>>9086559
i think someone on their panels staff dropped the ball, was involuntarily terminated, and now Dingle and co are doing cleanup

>> No.9086816

>>9086774
Hypnotism is real, just not to the extent that most people think it is. No getting people to jump off cliffs or murder each other

That being said I'm debating whether or not I want to get hypnotized again this year.

>> No.9086838

>>9064412
I would pay an arm and a leg to see Tom Kenny for the first time. But I have already met him. Some of us really want to see the people who brought our childhood cartoon favorites to life. Nothing wrong with that and I bet there's a voice actor from your favorite childhood show that you would want to see

>> No.9086911

>>9086748
You know that the guy from Geeknights does the Conneticon panel schedulesand approvals, right? That's why they do less there and more at other cons.

>> No.9087063
File: 5 KB, 482x48, please don&#039;t.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've never encountered as many people poorly trying to get public group singalongs going as I do at this con. One year it was a long train of Hetalia cosplayers screaming something from Les Mis and the secondhand embarrassment could have killed a man.

>> No.9087699

>>9086450

I will but it will be girls only and possible orgy of course with permission from consenting adults

>> No.9087727

>>9086703
It's crazy because I've been helping to run to queer fandom panel for the last 2 years and the difference between 2years ago and last year was crazy. We started in a small room with about 10 people in the audience and had a very good discussion about why fandom attracts queer people after our presentation. Then last year we were in a huge room and every seat was full. Now I think the person who ran it forgot to submit it in time so no panel.

>> No.9087851

>>9087699
What if I identify as a girl? Kek

>> No.9088062

You know what this con really needs? A big game of sardines or man hunt. Nothing beats grown ass adults hunting each other while playing dress-up

>> No.9088075
File: 1.63 MB, 360x270, image.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9088062
Can...Can we make this happen? I wouldn't even want to play. I just want to watch the fat, costumed autismos try to hide and find each other.

>> No.9088100

>>9088062
This sounds fun and funny as fuck.

But what is sardines.

>> No.9088415 [DELETED] 

Do all vendors take debt cards there?

>> No.9088474

Do all vendors accept debt cards at the convention or should I just bring cash?

Also when and where are the food trucks suppose be/come on Saturday?

And in other news if anyone cares Rob Paulsen canceled due to a throat infection but George Newbern is gonna take his place.

>> No.9088548

>>9088474
Most vendors take card but you should have some cash with you just in case. The con has an ATM but the line for it gets crazy long.

The food trucks are over the bridge, past the science center. Only about half of them will take card so you'll need some cash.

>> No.9088587

>>9088548
thanks

>> No.9088591

>>9088100
sardines is when you cram all together when you find the person who was hiding

>> No.9088721

>>9088548
fuck like how long of a walk there is it?

>> No.9088754

>>9088721
Unless they're stupid this year and close the bridge, it's about five minutes from the con

>> No.9088851

Is there a list of all the vendors and artist that will be at the con?

>> No.9088864

>>9088851
http://connecticon.org//maps
Has a map of the artists, but the dealer's room is empty on it. There doesn't seem to be a straight up list.

>> No.9088911
File: 4 KB, 115x121, keksimus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mfw my mom got into a fight with a 4chin on the CTcon facebook page.

> Be my 55 year old Mother, likes to attend the convention with 13 year old son.
> Hears about all the changes going on.
> Goes to the Facebook page to see if its all correct.
> Read post: "Why the fuck are we paying the same price for less of a con"
> Holy shit son, you have a point.jpg
> Make a comment agreeing.
> Gets reply: "Go to the informal dance or the bars if you want to have fun"
> This idiot is rude, blocks and continues
> See another reply: "mfw someone has a temper tantrum and decides to block me because I have a differing opinion"
> "Ugh. Of course one of the most popular conventions in New England has SJWs. Fucking kek"
> Ask daughter what is SJW? What is MFW? What is a kek???

Poor woman is worried about me having to go out into the streets of Hartford for fun and gets neckbeards trashing her.

>> No.9088927

>>9088911
Omg I know exactly what you're talking about

>> No.9088933

>>9088100
Instead of everyone hides and one seeks (hide n seek), one person hides and everyone else seeks, and once you find the hiding person you cram into that hiding place with them, until it's one big clusterfuck and the most obvious hiding spot in the world. It's hilarious even if you don't play because you watch people freak out when they realize there's only like 3 people left seeking.

I'm almost 21 but I still play this with some old friends once a year or so, just for giggles

Speaking of games
Does anyone miss the old swordplay mats they had in the exhibition halls? When there wasn't a swordplay tournament going on people would play ninja on those mats, and it was hilarious watching this one big guy dressed as Itachi literally diving at people.

>> No.9088975

Didn't know Daigle was the owner of TableTop Shop in Newington. GG dreams of handing CTcon off to someone else. He probably thinks he's the hot shit with business management since he owns one. Doubt we'll see new administration any time soon.

Is there any board overthrow policies for CTCon? A constitution or the like? Is there a possibility of the other members of the administration voting him off the island?

>> No.9088988

>>9088933
Dude holy shit, a massive game of ninja would be crazy.

>> No.9089297

Pokemon Go is out in time for ctcon. Too bad it doesn't have any trading or battling features. Here's hoping Hartford has some nice pokemon to catch

>> No.9089805

Trigger Warning toe sucker dude is going to be at the con

>> No.9089899

>>9088975

CTcon is 100% his baby so unlikely. I remember back before it was solvent when he would beg for money every year to keep the bills paid instead of folding like it deserved. CTcon is a personal little tabletop game party for him and his bros and every other decent activity there was started by somebody else despite him not because he wants to run a good con.

>> No.9089960

>>9089899
Alright then. 3 year plan to overthrow daigle starts Friday. See you on the other side

>> No.9090009

>>9089960
>implying most of us are coming back after this year.

See you all at Another Anime Con 2017

>> No.9090012

>>9089297
Do you have a link to the apk? Its still now out offically for the US

>> No.9090406

>>9089805
Who?

>> No.9090462

CGL meetup. When and where?

>> No.9090467

>>9090462
Further up people are saying saturday. Is it 5 or 9? At which set of stairs?

>> No.9090495

>>9090467
I'd prefer 9, just because it's going to be so hot earlier in the day

>> No.9090668

>>9090406

North east con creep who preys on girls toes and sucks on em? Orichimaru dude?

>> No.9090677

>>9090668
I have never heard of this. Details?

>> No.9090793

>>9090668
This sounds like something parents would tell their kids to get them to stop acting up.

>> No.9090818
File: 13 KB, 251x195, 1298679911476.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089805
do you have confirmation of this?
dear lord help us...

>> No.9090831

>>9090818

I can't stop laughing at your image it's so beautiful

>> No.9090938

>>9090462
>>9090495

>can't be 2 meetups
There's a stair "party" at 9, and it's after the con technically closes so there's no point in NOT meeting up with CGL then, if you're going to be there.
Sounds like in general 5pm works better for some people. doesn't seem like there's any particularly interesting panels at that time either.

So I'd say CGL meetup at 5, b/w marriott and concenter, then "party" at stairs at 9, whereat we can chill again and meet some new gulls if we want.

>> No.9091041

>>9090668

Theres a fb warning page about it I forgot the name though. Also multiple accounts of victims and witnesses stating he has done this various times without consent

>> No.9091069

>>9091041
how does he get so close to peoples toes without someone kicking him in his face??

>> No.9091072

>>9090938
im down for this. lets try and keep it consistent and mention this every time some one asks in thread.

>> No.9091074

>>9090938
what day is this "party" and will it move to a place that we can drink thats not a bar?

>> No.9091079

>>9090668
How does one even get into such a position where another person can successfully suck their toes? Further more how does one not get booted out the front door immediately? To raise another question, how doesn't he get his teeth kicked in literally the moment foot is in mouth? And one more just one, how doesn't he get lynched every time he goes to a con?

>> No.9091081

>>9091069

He takes them to his room or people dont expect it to happen? Then theres that paralyzing fear and mind you this guy is also ripped so that plays a factor

>> No.9091084

>>9091079

Hes already banned from aac apparently but thats the only con as far as I know

>> No.9091089

>>9091081
Idgaf I'd still kick him in his face then peperspray him lol

>> No.9091099

>>9091079
>>9091069
I can think of plenty of ways. PRobably easiest one is "hey can I take a pic where im sobbing at your feet??" goes in for a lick. Shit like that makes it easy. Despite the cringe and the yaoi glomping paddle shit, con goers are a very trusting and naive group of people, and would generally fall for the "Can I have a funny pic where you pretend to kick my face? Yea, get your foot real close for the pic....."

>> No.9091102
File: 42 KB, 720x720, 12106902_1486553098313333_3779776212022612027_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9089805
>>9090668
This guy? He looks creepy...

>> No.9091108
File: 42 KB, 720x720, 12106902_1486553098313333_3779776212022612027_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is the toe sucker guy btw. Dont be fooled by his appearence he will not take no for an answer folks

>> No.9091113

>>9091108
>>9091102
whats his name?

>> No.9091119

>>9091113
Dylan

>> No.9091121

>>9091108
>First I shoot my tongue up in between ya lady's toes
>Then I shoot up the school where ya baby boy goes

>> No.9091130

>>9091119
Dylan who?

>> No.9091136

>>9090818

Can confirm he is showing up so y'all need to
hide your kids, hide your toes
Cuz' they're suckin errbody out there

>> No.9091139

>>9091136
Well I'll be wearing heavy boots so I dare him to try to lick them lol

>> No.9091147
File: 234 KB, 1024x768, As.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"Attention please! Hey! Beware of the toe licker! Serial toe licker on the loose! Hide your toes, hide your feet! Serial toe licker on the loose..."

>> No.9091149

>>9091130
Dylan Banocy

>> No.9091154

>>9091099
Footfags really are the absolute worst.

>> No.9091159

>>9091154
Im just thinking of how it could happen, not saying I do that. Foot fetish is objectively awful.

>> No.9091175

>>9091108

I know too many people that this asshole has assaulted and it breaks my heart that none of them want to go to the police, not just for personal closure but also to stop this guy and make sure he doesnt do it again!!!

People please, for your sake and others, if someone assaults you, report it :(

>> No.9091189
File: 14 KB, 400x300, 1445392341690.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You guys are funny man
He is actually a pretty nice and chill dude. People are just trying to make shit up. Its all in good clean fun what he does. He aint even hurting anyone. All he does is offer foot massages to those who need it after a long busy con day

>> No.9091266

New app for the con
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.growtix.connecticon&hl=en
Ios: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/connecticon/id1131238169?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

>> No.9091434

What are we gonna do at the meet up?

>> No.9091591

Here's some insight into the panels straight from the horse's mouth.
https://clyp.it/e0ijimhu

>> No.9091931

the stairs party is an idea being tossed around on social media like facebook. I don't know how big it will be, but I imagine there's a fair amount of people that want to stay past 9 so it makes sense. People are saying it's at the stairs though. I guess you could grab people and move to a bar if you want.

CGL-specific meetup might end up moving to a bar, but if it does I'll probably dip. I don't like bar culture very much

>>9091434
Well first we gonna suck some toes.
After that, I imagine we're going to tell each other why we're the most normal person at the meetup, and why CGL should be proudest of you.

>> No.9091933

the stairs party is an idea being tossed around on social media like facebook. I don't know how big it will be, but I imagine there's a fair amount of people that want to stay past 9 so it makes sense. People are saying it's at the stairs though. I guess you could grab people and move to a bar if you want.

CGL-specific meetup might end up moving to a bar, but if it does I'll probably dip. I don't like bar culture very much

>>9091434
Well first we gonna suck some toes.
After that, I imagine we're going to tell each other why we're the most normal person at the meetup, and why CGL should be proudest of you

>>9091266
GeekNights are cool dudes. shame the one is a hardcore brony

>> No.9091934

>>9091931
>>9091933
I don't know how that happened...
And I forgot to tag the first guy
>>9091074
Party's on sat

>> No.9091935

>>9091933
Should I go to the meet up? I only came to this board to see if this specific thread was here.

>> No.9092035

Time to make a new thread?

>> No.9092065

>>9091935
why the fuck not? Despite meme culture shit, anons have always been pretty chill and normal in public.

Whos going to prereg pick up today? I'll be wearing a berserk shirt. I only go to CT for the con and work, is there a hot pot place? Or is that west hartford? I have no idea whats there.

>> No.9092080

New thread: >>9092079

>> No.9092171
File: 62 KB, 421x421, 1464847921694.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9052304
isn't this common knowledge in the city?
this isn't germany but shit this is something people already know.

>> No.9092234

>>9092065
Yeah West Hartford has more of that stuff, but it's only ~10-15 minutes from the convention center if you're driving

>> No.9094886

>>9091189
Hi Dylan

>> No.9094886,1 [INTERNAL] 

You assaulted me while I was near unconscious drunk , trapped me in your bedroom where I had to wait until my phone rang to say oh that’s my friends and run out then continued to send me weird deviantart fetish porn and I was nice thinking youd disappear and it was partly because you were high on mdma or some shit

>> No.9094886,2 [INTERNAL] 

>>9094886,1
I'm sorry Anon.