[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 86 KB, 500x749, fujo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8981852 No.8981852 [Reply] [Original]

Old thread is kill. >>8973975

Share your feels - happy, sad, whatever. As long as they're cgl related.

Please don't go on off-topic rants and get this deleted like last time.

>> No.8981918

>been in a creative funk since gf left me in Feb
>cosplay is finally helping me out of it

Hot-gluing this sword together is a fine substitute for a lady, yes sir.

>> No.8981931
File: 117 KB, 242x200, patsad.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just want everyone to have pretty dresses and have a good time, but a lot of people can't have either. I wanna cry.

If you're one of these people who's left wanting for loli shit, I'm sorry, and I love you.

>> No.8981939

>Met a girl at a con
>Play vidya with her occasionally
>going to see if she wants to go out on a date

Even when the answer is going to be 100% no, you still have to give it a shot. It's how my anime protagonists would do it

>> No.8981961
File: 71 KB, 500x407, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Lent my mom about a thousand dollars a year ago, before going part-time for school and losing most of my income
>it's okay, though, I don't need the money and I know she's struggling
>year later, not a cent, but she's buying expensive lingerie and dresses
>feel like crap - literally less important to her than underwear, but okay
>for context, mom is crap with money, perpetually skint and I used to loan her money the week before payday every month
>big event up in May, gonna buy lots of brand, a thousand dollars would be really nice
>bring it up to mom, explain how it made me feel that repaying her broke student daughter was less important than another goddamn bra
>breakthrough happens, we both cry, feels good - this had been affecting our awesome relationship on my end, I have my mom back
>agree payment plan, won't get much in time for event, but she promises I won't even need to bring it up again
>week later, "this month will be hard, switching from agency to contract staff means payday changes, so getting half of the usual salary"
>offer that it can wait, of course, super chill
>...turns out she bought a $50 dollar bikini and got her bellybutton pierced like a week later, won't shut up about it
>trying to give the benefit of the doubt, like that the bikini was with the loyalty card she has with that shop (see above bra shopping), and I know her bff got a tattoo, could have offered to pay for it in exchange for company and hand-holding
>trying desperately to fool myself, can see my AATP haul slipping away, feels bad
>on phone call tonight, mom's talking about how bills will be hard this month, let alone food
>fuck

She's my mom, I love her to bits and I don't want her going hungry, but fuck, I want to cry right now. She knows about this event, knows I've been looking forward to it all year, and knows that losing that money is something I'll be feeling for years. But I'm too sphagetti to start the actual fight, so I'll just weep over AATP there, I guess.

>> No.8981979

>>8981961
Hey anon. Your mom sounds abusive and mentally ill and you need to nip this shit in the bud now. Sorry for being harsh, but you're an adult and have your own problems and you need your own money. You've let her mooch off of you, and she's going to keep doing it until you hard cut her off.
How you do it is, I guess, up to you. You're probably never getting that $1000 back. At the very least, you can choose never to give her money ever again.

>> No.8981992

I'm feeling so guilty and useless right now. My room is a freaking trainwreck, I can't see my floor. And I can't motivate myself to do anything about it. I know I should just do it, but every time I try, I give up. It makes me feel like crap, but I don't know what to do anymore.

My wardrobe isn't even making me happy anymore, my mom (yes, I still live with my parents. Their roof=their rules, and I'm fine with that, they're not narcissists or anything) makes me keep most of my wardrobe normie, and I have so many shirts that I never wear and never want to wear because they're just so boring. I don't know what to tell her, though. On top of that I can't really afford a wardrobe rehaul because my state got hit with some really bad hail and my car was totalled. I just want to wear pastel crap, darn it.

>> No.8981996

>>8981992
read that marie kondo book. it's good for motivation to make you organize your stuff

>> No.8982002

>yesterday get one dress
>fit is so comfortable, it's not even the biggeset size!
>today, get in the new Gardenberries cut and try it on
>oh no.

I'm so pissed off, I own the 2014 version of gardenberries in the same size, which lists the same measurements, and yet, even with a sports bra on, this cut feels like I'm gonna bust it open with every breath.

A-at least I got it in milky rather than black, right?
>tfw milky is actually curdled milky and is kinda green

The first JSK made me feel nice and slim, like I could almost go down a size (Haenuli's size M) and the second made me feel like a landwhale (Lief LXL)

I'm not small by any means, but I'm a bit grumpy especially considering the measurements are the same on both Lief cuts and I don't actually max them out. So, warning to anyone who wants to buy Gardenberries in the newest cut: it runs small.

>> No.8982011

>having dinner and drinks with lolita friend on Thursday
>getting tea with a friend on Friday
>visiting an art gallery opening and getting wine on Saturday
>going out shopping for lolita on Sunday

I'll have to change into lolita after work everyday but damn it I'm so excited to finally plan and wear some coords.

>> No.8982012

>>8981961

>>8981979
^this. Also you should never loan out money with the expectation of getting it back.

>> No.8982015

>>8981979
Already cut her off financially, which is a lot easier now that I've moved to a different city for school, at least. I love her to bits, but sometimes it feels like she only remembers me when she's prompted somehow - we can talk on the phone for three hours quite happily, but paying me back or ringing me first? Nope.

I always knew she had issues, a string of abusive SOs/stepdads means my family puts the fun in dysfunctional, but I always felt like we could rely on each other, even if the rest of the world was out to screw us over. So the odd sulk or flap wasn't a big deal. But it feels like I'm getting on with my life, and from the outside looking in, some of the stuff she's pulling is at least manipulative af.

But on the other hand, she's my mom, and I love her to bits. So if I somehow marry up this kind of shit behaviour with my mom in my head, boom, there goes the only person I could ever rely on. I know it's going to cross that invisible line, and soon, but I don't think I'm ready for that fall-out.

If I thought writing the money off would make us okay again, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I know it won't, because now that I'm actually looking, our relationship is kind of screwed up.

>> No.8982025
File: 104 KB, 596x380, Strange+swore+i+had+this+in+gif+form+_15924db7ab632d54a38c282d565bcbb7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>move to norcal from Texas
>lots of friends in Texas
>no friends here
>everyone seems standoffish
>even when I did meet people it felt like we were raised on different planets
>questioning if I was ever a fun person to be around
>quarter life crisis worsening

>> No.8982034
File: 985 KB, 500x281, tn6wec8hNwr1s74qeso2_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel like I am a good friend. I was usually the one who arranged get togethers and stuff back in college. I have social anxiety and I don't drink, so my best friend knew not to bother inviting me out on weekends since they all partied.
I still lost a few friends that year because of their own stupidity and mental breakdowns. Senior year of college was so mentally draining that I just lost the drive to pursue a career. I had a teacher harass me that year, and when I reported her to my department head, he told me it was obviously my fault lol he can't tell her anything it might hurt their professional relationship. I wound up having to report her to the head of some academic advising thing because no one would help me, and they were infuriated at my situation.
It didn't help that none of my friends would stick up for me aside from one or two. Everyone told me that "it was just me who she had an issue with, they didn't want to hurt their relationship with her because she would be a professional contact and could help them find work." It got to the point where I was having bad anxiety attacks every day and fell into a severe depression post graduation.
I feel so isolated because I don't feel like I can ever have the same relationshps I once had with my friends. When I needed them the most none of them helped me despite how I would drop what I was doing at random hours of the night to help them with issues. I was always there for them and no one would help me with this teacher. My school let me down, my department head let me down, my friends let me down. I can barely go on facebook anymore because all of them are fb friends with this teacher and she regularly comments on their walls. I had to get a word blocker because just seeing her name and my friends interacting with her would make me so upset.

I can't even find the passion that I once had for what I got a degree in anymore.

>> No.8982035

>>8982034
you sound like one of those tumblrinas who cry #triggered

really? just her name upsets you? grow the fuck up

it's not like she raped you

>> No.8982038

>>8982035
>>8982034

literally this. I can see my rapist's name on fb and not freak out, but if I see them in person I'll have a panic attack.

>none of them helped me despite how I would drop what I was doing at random hours of the night to help them with issues
Just because you have the time to do this shit doesn't mean that your friends do. Stop thinking your friends are bad just because they won't go to the extremes that you will.

Go to the polite if you're that *triggered* by your teacher.

>> No.8982042
File: 41 KB, 614x221, snickers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8982035
>>8982038
yikes, you two need to calm down

>> No.8982044

>>8982038
*police

>> No.8982047

>>8982034

So what exactly happened?

>> No.8982048

>>8982025
Texas to CA is different planets. For example most people here will never have seen a firearm in person before

>> No.8982053

>>8982042
I'm pretty sure if you have a muh special snowflake panic attack just at seeing a name, you're the one that needs to calm down.

>> No.8982055

>>8982048
That's what's really weird, I'm extremely moderate as far as Texas is concerned, and I know not to bring up things that might be hot button issues to Californians, like firearms. But I think they can smell it on me

>> No.8982056

>>8982025

If it makes you feel better, my friend (from Chicago) also felt very isolated while she was in CA. It's not a TX to CA thing, it's just that there are a fuckton of people so people just tend to go in their own groups. At least that's what she told me.

>> No.8982066

>>8982025
What part of norcal anon? Like, Jefferson? Bay area? Valley?
You're right, it is another planet. It's better in the smaller cities though, so don't lose hope.

>> No.8982072

>>8982066
Santa Clara

>> No.8982075

>>8982038
Dang anon some people react differently to trauma.

>four years ago molested by straight couple I was friends with
>took me a while but removed them from my life
>able to calmly talk about it with close friends
>thought I was over it until I saw a photo of a guy who /looked/ like the boyfriend on someone else's fb feed
>have complete breakdown

cgl related:
>want to go to OCF with current bf because we like to dress up
>realized it would be the one place I might run into the couple
>if I'm that bothered by a photo of someone who looks like them what would I do if I saw them in person?

>> No.8982086

>>8981931
senpai you speak my language

>> No.8982099

>>8981961
I never had a parent figure like this, but plenty of friends like this. Call her out and get angry. I think you should've done it after she went back on your emotional talk, showing she was just buttering you up and just wants to use that money for herself. Tell her how that makes you feel, tell her no money, tell her she knows what she's doing and you can't believe your own blood is doing this to you.

You may think of her as an important blood relation and you need to help each other out, but look at what she does to you and how unequal this relationship is. She's letting only $1,000 get between you. (And yes, it's not that much considering what she's been splurging on)

I kind of went through this where I was like "My friends will be on the streets if I don't help! I need to give them a $100 bill for some reason!" but they'd never, ever give back to me in return. In the end, they all kind of backstabbed me over petty things and look at how your mom is ruining you and your relationship over - like you said - underwear. Learn it's not your job to be mommy's bank or anyone else's and these people are actually adults who are fully capable of financial control on their own.

tl;dr Don't bail out leeches. Write the $1,000 off as a loss. Save up that amount back and get your own AatP haul anyway. Let your mother face her problems and don't let her guilt you to get more money out of you.

>> No.8982104

>tfw terf in a comm full of libfems and MTTs

>> No.8982108

>>8982055
They can hear the freedom in your voice

>> No.8982112
File: 567 KB, 1417x2200, 1426098992786.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8981961
to be fair 50 bucks isn't much in the grand scheme of things. It sounds like he needs to learn to budget for sure, but for a lot of poor people who don't have that skill, one purchase can be the only thing that makes them feel good. Many can't see a life beyond being poor, the concept of the future and saving is beyond them because they haven't been anywhere else

It could be that way with your mom, maybe you can try and help her budget?
>>8981979
>abusive

Where did you pull this from? A mother or parent can be irresponsible, it doesn't necessarily mean they're ABUSIVE or mentally ill

It's not nice that she hasn't paid you but 50 bucks shouldn't make or break anything :/

>> No.8982113

>>8982104
>modern feminism
>frilly dresses

Can you femsplain this to me

>> No.8982115

gender expression is deeply personal and whatever you make of it
you can dress or present masculine enough to be read as male or either and still be a girl

girls can wear frilly dresses and same thing blah blah
girls can do what they want and still be girls

>> No.8982117

>>8982113
>>8982115
oops didn't link for some reason

terfs are different tho idk what that poster is guna say about it

>> No.8982119

>>8982112

Did you even read. Anon is out $1000 and her mom is spending money on everything else instead of saving enough to pay anon back.

>> No.8982120

>>8981961
This is basically me but with cosplay and my own dad. It's sucks since I think I'm on the up, being in grad school and with a job, so I hope to tell you that hopefully it will get better for you financially.

As far as relationships, I honestly had to drop my dad. Since my parents divorced, I basically lived with my dad since I was 12, so I feel like I owe a lot and also, he's my dad. But he's so irresponsible with money (and a big part of my parents divorce was how he had be taking money from their joint savings to pay debt that he had secretly built up without telling her). At a certain point I stopped giving him money but actual physical things like going home weekends to buy groceries or replacing light bulbs or filling the car up with gas instead of handing him a couple hundred bucks.

Any time he tells me he'd rather have the cash, I just tell him that he could sell one of this cameras or laptops or electronic tools since most of them collect dust. I had him skimp out on a big con that I'd wanted to attend with friends (had expected him to give me the 2k I'd loaned him) and he'd said he didn't have money only to come back with an iWatch the next weekend.

Good luck anon. I've learned that it's hard for bad habits to die hard, but you can still care for you parent without losing from monetary stress. I also hope that schooling goes okay and you can find a good part-time job to help with your next haul!

>> No.8982123

>used to post on /co/ and /cgl/ all the time
>dropped off the internet for a while
>come back to /cgl/
>I missed you, my bitchy seagull brethren. Feels like home.
>check out /co/ on a whim
>Jesus fuck

I think I'm gonna stick to /cgl/. Guess I don't have the tolerance for sheer vitriolic nerdrage that I used to.

>> No.8982129
File: 141 KB, 668x840, 1461187066794.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no gf

>> No.8982130

>>8982119
That isn't abusive
That's rude and irresponsible, but not abusive

Anon hasn't even 100% confirmed if her mom spent it on herself or if someone gifted her it or something

>> No.8982132

>>8982034
Jesus, that blows anon. Hope you can get the help you need so you can get over this trauma and get your life back on track. I don't know if you expected any sympathy from /cgl/ but maybe investing into professional help would be best.

I suggest doing a big sweep and clean up and at least get a job since you have a degree, even if it's not field related. Having something 9 to 5 that gets you out and doing something will help.

>> No.8982136

>>8982113
TransExclusionaryRadicalFeminism.

Keep the penises out of frilly dresses plzkthx

>> No.8982139

How does one stop having unnecessary feels? Life is going great but my brain is trying to trick me into thinking otherwise.

>> No.8982140

>>8982129
>mfw no bf

>> No.8982143

>>8982139
depression can happen when life is going okay.
if it's bad, go to a therapist before it descends into total fuckery

>> No.8982148

>>8982136
Do you hate men too or just trannies

>> No.8982153

>>8982025
SoCal here.
Just smoke weed and you're good.

Just depends man, some probably don't give a shit, I'd say go to a big city and you probably would meet more diverse (non Cali) people.

I moved to a desert town to San Diego, big cultural change but I do kinda get alone for being a recluse.

>> No.8982156
File: 112 KB, 913x1000, 1460478329575.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8982153
I don't smoke weed but I like being high. How do I find edibles?

>> No.8982160

>>8982156
put the weed in a brownie

>> No.8982162

>>8982148
Men are fine. Penises are neato too.

Men who say they are women, and the girls in my comm who agree and say things like "Not all women have vaginas" Make me want to roll my eyeballs back into my skull.

>> No.8982167

>>8982162
look i don't mind trannies, but what is the fucking border? I'd like to be beautiful but I wasn't born like that. Do I deserve asspats too if I get plastic surgery? Or maybe I should just constantly insist that I am indeed beautiful and live a lie?
I'm not going to reward you for being trans, and I'm not even going to try to understand you, considering there is no evidence of gender dysphoria anyways

>> No.8982177 [DELETED] 

>>8982167
Pls go to /lgbt/ if you want to discuss this. Not lolita related.

>> No.8982179

>>8982167
This is /cgl/, not /lgbt/. Let's not start on this topic again.

>> No.8982184
File: 230 KB, 640x360, ano_hana_10_4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8982160
Where do I get weed

>> No.8982199

>>8982104
Sounds juicy. Report any drama in the comm thread if it happens. Just sit back and watch destruction.

>> No.8982252

>>8982053
>what is people reacting differently
>salty about feels in a feels thread
You sound like a great person to have as a friend, by the way.

>> No.8982266

>>8982184
Go to a party and ask people if they smoke

>> No.8982308

Wife and I split up way back in last May, and I think what I miss most is cosplaying with her. A close second is randomly poking her butthole.

>> No.8982319
File: 314 KB, 1273x718, 1432573883834.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw selling figs to get some cash for upcoming con

>> No.8982329

>>8981961
>she's buying expensive lingerie
>bellybutton pierced
Ew. She sounds like one of those single moms that still wants to believe she's 20.
The bigger question is how did YOU turn out so responsible? I'm amazed.

>> No.8982354

>>8982329
Funny thing, that. I have a friend who is exactly the same. Her parents' bad spending habits quickly instilled fiscal responsibility in her from a young age. As soon as she could get a job, she was managing her own expenses because her parents just couldn't do it.

Sometimes, irresponsible parents result in really responsible children, because they don't want to live to become the bad example.

>> No.8982361

>>8981939

Really? I don't know any anime protag who actually asked the girl out. They are all wimps who pussy out at the last moment, or get conveniently interrupted by the third wheel in the last second.

>> No.8982363

>>8982112
>to be fair 50 bucks isn't much in the grand scheme of things

Yes it is. It definitely is. Especially if its spent frivolously.

I lent money to people close to me. My mother got a loan of like 2k eur and a friend got a loan of a few hundred euros. But i felt comfortable with doing that because they did not spend money on anything that was not absolutely needed after the loan. Every single fucking penny went towards paying me back. Someone buying shit they don't need when they have a loan to pay back should be removed from ones life asap.

>> No.8982366

>>8982072
That's one area I haven't visited yet.
Have you 'visited' your city as a give no fucks tourist? It's surprising how much strangers open up to you if they think they'll never see you again. Also fun to do in new places if you can get the time off.

>> No.8982369

>>8982184
I'm 12 and what is this.
Look for a smoker that has ash on the bottom of their lighter at work/school/etc.

>> No.8982377

>>8982369
You're going to have to explain the reasoning behind that one kid (and then leave this +18 site...)
Source: I'm 26 and used to smoke weed in college but never got ash on my lighters

>> No.8982383

>>8982377

Not sure about what exactly he meant. But some people adjust weed in the pipe/spliff once lit with their lighters which gets ash on the lighter.

Don't see any other reason. Also, don't do drugs anons. Its bad m'kay.

>> No.8982407

>>8982377
Ah, god, anon. You just made me feel fucking ancient.

>> No.8982411

>>8982377
Diff anon but I'm 24 and I still smoke occasionally. This anon >>8982383 here gets it. When I used to rip my bong I'd get so baked I'd readjust or snuff out some extra burnage using the bottom corner of my lighter.

>> No.8982531

>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who play the violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, bassoon, concert whistle, uilleann pipes, oboe, piano, keyboard, harp, sax, trumpet, trombone, banjo, kazoo, ukulele, drums, djembe, guitar, erhu, accordion, concertina, xylophone, euphonium, glass harp, french horn, ocarina, hammered dulcimer, wine glasses, or jew's harp
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can fulfil the role of an orchestral concert percussionist by playing instruments like the triangle, chimes, and cymbals
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who sing in falsetto, vibrato, or tremolo
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can read musical notation or can conduct an orchestra
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can sing in constructed languages like Hymmnos
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can DJ or use sound synthesis programs
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can write the scripts or songs for musical theatre or may be participants themselves in it's showing
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who may not be able to play music for any variety of reasons but I'm sure have good music taste anyway
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can dance
>mfw woodsmen who play the concertina

Seriously, if I could I would gather you all up in a big beautiful meadow full of flowers and an unlimited supply of tea and baked treats, get everyone together for one big musical number, then drop napalm over the entire place.

>> No.8982549

>>8981852
>last few cons have been hell because ex was controlling
>literally wouldnt be on time for anything
>had to sacrifice my experience for her shit
>stopped meeting new people when walking around because of her jealousy
>cringe inducing conversations with anyone who wanted to talk to me cos of her
>cons cost more than a holiday cos she was always broke

Cannot fucking wait for the con coming up this month to actually enjoy a convention rather than hating every second.

Know she's gonna tumblr the shit out of seeing me enjoy myself if she goes. Feelsgud

>> No.8982551

>>8982531

>then drop napalm over the entire place

You know, if you missed your payload, it would be a glorious sight to behold. Lolitas playing a concerto with giant fireballs raising around them.

>> No.8982557

>>8982015
hey anon, figuring out something's wrong is half the battle. try to insistently remind her, and if nothing still happens try to politely but firmly tell her that even though you still love her and all, you need that money back. it sounds kinda like she needs help with prioritising things and budgeting but I don't think you should be the one to give that help.

>>8982531
you forgot the picture, bad attempt at baiting

my feels
>so exhausted
>like, so exhausted that getting out of bed is a struggle
>been sleeping at least 7 hours every night
>taking vitamin D since I was diagnosed with deficiency
>nothing is really wrong but still waking up as tired as I went to sleep
>forgetting things everywhere, almost forgot glasses home this morning (not blind without them but they help with having a normal field of view)
>seeing psych, not completely sure if she fits me, she doesn't seem to take my attention problems etc seriously but she's nice and kinda cute
>manage to keep getting my clothes dirty - I put on freshly washed pants today and 3 hours later there's a paint stain on them
>everything is meh
>probably won't be able to get the petti I need in time for ILD
>at least I'm waiting for a wishlist dress to get shipped

>> No.8982558

I'm old and even though I am super confident in my appearance and can play older, sultry characters with ease I feel super out of place at a con and wish there were more people around my age so we can fool around

>> No.8982595

>>8982130
This, I'm sick of anons going "oh your family member is abusive/narcissistic!" For one or two things.

There's a lot of shitty families in the world but not perfect is not the same as abusive. Half this board likes to act like a 13 year old that got told they couldn't go to a party and are complaining about their horrible parents on their blog.

>> No.8982626
File: 157 KB, 500x281, Red guy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8982531

I'm impressed you'd copy me but not so impressed you forgot to include throat singing anon. That is egregiously rude. This is the third time they have been forgotten and I won't let it happen again. You have my word throat singing anon. I will avenge you.

>> No.8982636

>>8982626
that's not the original poster, you walnut. original music pasta anon always adds a cute image (often a gif) and says nice things not 'I want to napalm you'

>> No.8982659

>>8982595
This
People love to complain about their 'abusive boyfriend' and 'narcissistic mothers' but honestly most of the time they're just a bit of an asshole or simply misguided.
>inb4 but MOM why are you posting my pictures on the internet and telling me I'm beautiful?! GAWD, you're so narcissistic
Like a lot of parents, she probably hasn't a clue how facebook works and is at worst what we call a neurotic helicopter parent.

>> No.8982691

>>8982659
Narcissistic seems to be the new autistic. Everyone is a raging narcissist if we have to believe cgl, and by extend you see the same shit on the farm.

>> No.8982700

>>8982691
Well, everyone on cgl IS a raging narcissist.

>> No.8982706

>>8982557
I feel like you deserve a hug. I too had issues with vitamin D hang in there, it gets better. Honestly so much of what you are experiencing is down to low vit D. Mood particularly, even attention problems. I had to write in a notebook what I had on my to do list and constantly refer to it, If I didn't have anything to do I would zone out.

I hope your wishlist dress gets shipped soon and cheers you up a bit!

My feels- I too am waiting on my wishlist dress in the post, feels good :)

>> No.8982707

I used to have a few really close friends but now the only times they ever want to hang out with me are at cosplay events every once in a while and any suggestions I have are brushed off. In addition I can't talk about any of my problems with them because they don't care anymore.

I haven't hit a point where I have the strength to say "you're taking advantage of me I'm out" but dragging it out just makes me feel awful about myself because we were good friends for a long time.

>> No.8982716

>>8982053
You don't seem to grasp what anxiety and depression is. Anon could get upset because they're out of salad dressing. Depression ain't fun and makes no sense.

>> No.8982744

>seasonal work contract ended, wasn't extended
>applied for new position with the company, rejected
>really loved the job, it paid well, i was good at it and it was just great
>went by recently, saw that another seasonal worker was still there
>feeling bitter, jaded, and salty as all fucking hell
>currently crippled by a depressive episode and awful anxiety, still have no job, can't fund lolita or cosplay, and now this shit.

i sure love feeling worthless all the time!

>> No.8982751

>>8982025
CA anon here, literally everyone is just going about their day, it's not to be mean, it's just there is so many assholes here there is no point in befriending anyone you meet. The best way to make friends is to join tinder, take a class, go to the library, go out to a restaurant, or go to museum. I think classes are the best option if you're young, if you're close to adulthood, the others are great. Or you could date someone and steal their friends.

>> No.8982766

>>8982706
aww, thanks anon! I've already taken it for nearly 2 months and it hasn't been getting a lot better and it's stressful as fuck. I should get back to trying to write things down, I'm super bad at that but it does help.
wishlist dress is being shipped Saturday and should be here in a week, maybe a week and a half.
I wrote this reply ages ago but I've just spent 2 hours playing some shitty card game on my computer to avoid studying, fuck meeeee

>> No.8982767

>>8982636
The post you literally just replied to is the original musicanon, you pecan.

She says right there. "Copied me."

>> No.8982770

>>8982531
What about lolitas who play the skin flute?

>> No.8982775

>>8982767
oh shoot me, shows how tired I am. I need to take a nap for like forever

>> No.8982776

>>8982025
Hey anon, what are you into? There's lot of conventions and stuff happening in the area around now, those are great places to meet people.

>> No.8982810

>>8982716
Fucking this.
Seriously, it's just not rational and I know it, which just makes it ten times worse.

>> No.8982813

>>8982744
That contractor feel. I'm with Kelly now, they'll never get rid of me. Endless contract renewals ho!

>> No.8982815

>>8982707
You'll feel much better after you cut out the cancer anon. Friends come and go.

>> No.8982840

>>8982776
I like anime and things that go fast p. much

PS thanks to everyone who's contributed to the california pep talk

>> No.8982844

>>8982700
I don't know about that. Self posters and trips for sure, but /cgl/ is the punch to narcissism a lot of snowflakes need.

>> No.8982850

>>8982840
You should definitely go to Fanime then! Can't think of a better place to find people who like anime.

I live in the East Bay and work in Los Gatos, but I'm not really into anime (comics are more my jam), but I hope you find some friends.

>> No.8982873
File: 88 KB, 310x464, brb killing myslef.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I want to earn money this summer to buy more make up and video games, and just not to be poor
>it's incredibly hard to find anything where I live if nobody can get you a job, regardless of your skills and anything else
It so stressful, I don't even have actual job experience so it makes things even harder. Gonna hand my CV everywhere I'll go I guess.

>> No.8982909

>>8982873
You're already one step ahead of me, anon. What do you even put on a CV when you don't have any work experience? Good luck anyway!

>> No.8982917

>>8982909
That's a good question, I'm going to put bullshit like baby sitting and helping kids do their homework even though it's just that I use to look after my siblings a lot when they were in primary and middle school.

>> No.8983130

>>8982557
Hello attention problems friend it took me 21/22 years and a MSc to finally get an ADHD diagnosis. You sound like me. I'm on stratera now and it has worked miracles. Don't give up hope!

>have group of close friends attend cons together
>made the mistake of helping one friend get a car
>Whenever I ask, friend just tells me she has it "taken care of"
>Get a call from the bank, payment is almost a month late
>Confront friend, she hides away, refuses to answer my calls
>Friend has been lying to me the whole time about making payments
>I'm going to have to call in to have the car repoed to save my own credit
>tfw probably going to cons alone from now on.

I'm completely heartbroken but I also feel really betrayed. I've been through so much to help this friend in the past and I just feel really used. Our mutual friends know and have been supportive but I know they're going to stay friends with this person and probably have the same arrangement we've had at previous cons. Time to make new friends I guess?

>> No.8983143

>>8983130
Holy shit anon, you do not need friends like that in your life. You do you and make sure your credit doesn't suffer as a result.

>> No.8983146

>>8983130
No matter how much you trust a friend, never cosign on a loan for them unless you are fully prepared to take complete responsibility for the loan. I'm still very sorry this happened to you and you had to learn a bitter lesson the hard way.

>> No.8983192
File: 42 KB, 876x493, 694940094001_4868503999001_5101db66-1246-4aa3-b87e-7fe17780f36e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw idiot in kigu tried to blow shit up and now parents are going to side eye me even more

>> No.8983213

>>8982815
You're right. I just can't help but feel really guilty about it even though I'm just being used at this point.

I have some new friends now though that are a much better support system so I'm getting closer to it...though I do want to keep in touch and stuff which makes it harder. People can be con friends and not irl friends.

>> No.8983233

I'm moving in a few months to Raleigh, NC area and I'm having mixed feelings about it.

On the one hand I'll working towards a Master's in Entomology (and eventually a PhD) which I am very interested. I'll also be getting away from some of the cosplay drama in my current area.

But I'm also sad because I'm going to miss seeing friends that I've known for years every day and I'll miss my favorite locally owned fabric stores.

If there are any gulls in the Raleigh area I would love to talk with you. It would be really nice to know someone over there before I move.

>> No.8983240

>>8983233
There should be a lot of NC gulls in general so odds are you'll bump into someone between now and then. Too bad you'll arrive too late for Animazement, it's a really friendly con.

>> No.8983273

>>8983130
thanks anon, I've been trying to kinda bring it up with the psych but I feel like if I say outright 'I think I have adhd' she'll think I'm drug hunting or something. we talked about it a bit more in depth at my last meeting with her (she brought it up) and she was kinda contemplative, so I'll see if anything happens. I'm subscribed to a reddit sub about adhd and I can see it's very difficult for girls especially to be diagnosed, so I guess I'll keep on fighting.
honestly (and this is kind of a tangent), looking at myself I have a load of autistic traits too, from the classical interest for machines - planes in my case - and having issues understanding social conventions/tone, to the weird vague stuff such as wearing big warm comfortable (and in extension, masculine) clothes because they feel really comfortable. I don't want to diagnose myself with shit, but I really wouldn't rule out ASD/ADHD mix, which I hear is pretty common.

I'm really sorry you have this kind of shitty flaky friend, and it's even shittier that your common friends would be taking her side. I hope you can find some great new cosplay friends in your area!

>> No.8983314

>>8982716
Before I went on meds, I once had a really bad crying fit and huge depressive episode because my mom ate the rest of the potato salad, and I had been looking forward to eating it all day.

>> No.8983323

>>8983143
>>8983146
Thank you so much! I was really naive, it's an ongoing issue that I tend to be too generous; the worst part is I was prepped to take on the loan at the time but I wasn't thinking that my friend would just vanish. Lesson fucking learned. At least I'm really young/have really good credit to begin with so I have a lot of time to make up whatever hit I get because of this.
>>8983273
I just started talking a lot about my focus issues and how it was interfering with everything (I also have a history of teachers bullying me so like that was a flag something was up sadly). As someone who has a bio+ degree from what we understand the neurological reasoning behind ADHD and the spectrum are really similar, and if it wasn't a big thing that gained awareness beforehand (in the 70's, I believe) it would probably be considered on the autism spectrum. I know I definitely make a good case for ASD, personally. I just blanket it as neurodivergent and people don't ask too many questions.
Tl;dr in my experience talking about symptoms that impact your daily life negatively is a faster track to treatment than just saying you think you might have something.

>> No.8983368

How old is too old to get into j-fashion? Specifically sweet lolita, or other cute styles like fairy kei or decora. I'm finally skinny enough and have enough disposable income to buy some of the real deal, but I'm almost 27. People often assume I'm younger, but I don't get carded in restaurants anymore. This just seems like a young person's game, but I was too busy being a chubby NEET during my early 20's.

>> No.8983375

>>8983368
Honestly all my favorite lolitas are in their late 20s. That's the era when you can afford it and (generally) have the social skills and brains to do well. I think the only big issue with older lolitas is sometimes they're bad at makeup and old (in a bad way) but other than that it's no big deal.

>> No.8983376

>>8983368
There's no age limit on fashion. Your age doesn't matter as long as you look good so just be mindful of what colors, cuts, themes etc. suit you and you should be just fine.

>> No.8983381

>>8983375
*and it makes them look older (in a bad way)

Dang I don't know how I messed that up

>> No.8983389
File: 117 KB, 1280x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Boss has everyone in my division give little "about me" presentations
>Mine's coming up--decide I'm definitely omitting this part of my life from my slideshow
>Coworkers approach me today
>"Anon, are you going to show everyone your cute doll dresses??"
>MRW

>> No.8983397
File: 113 KB, 278x400, koncry.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>beefy crunch burrito comes back to taco bell

I can't be lolita with all these stinky smelly farts.

>> No.8983400

>>8983375
>>8983376
Thanks, y'all. I've been having a bit of a quarter life crisis lately. As a follow up question, can anyone suggest any j-fashion blogs run by folks closer to my age for me to draw inspiration from?

>> No.8983415

>>8983192
wut

>> No.8983417

>>8983192
Nevermind, found the story

What a dumbass

>> No.8983443

>Annoying cunt pulled out of my hotel room when told she couldn't stay if not paying
>Wormed into another room with "MUH DISABILITY" IE being fat
>Hear she made everyone miserable to the point they all checked out early and left her shit in the hallway

Feels good

>> No.8983534

>>8983417
Link?

>> No.8983536

>>8983534
>http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-bomb-threat-20160428-story.html

It was candy bars btw, candy bars tapped together with wires.
>At least he wasn't a lolita

>> No.8983592

>>8983536
>hedgehog kigurumi
I had heard it was a panda on another news site. Someone doesn't know their animals.

>> No.8983742
File: 193 KB, 847x871, 1416525889410.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get abandoned by sister
>can no longer enjoy cosplay or my favorite animus because they remind me of her

>> No.8983779

>>8983397
You need those fart dispelling shorts.

>> No.8983783

>had cgl gf
>had lots of weeb couple friends
>got to do lots of shit together at cons, got to be guests of honor at a bunch of shit, etc
>broke up with cgl gf
>moved cities, lost friends
>don't really like my local con scene
>can't date non-weebs
>every decent girl I meet at cons is in an LTR, is surrounded by orbiters, is way too young, or all of the above

I guess I'm just going to be alone forever

>> No.8983792

>>8983783
so you come here to find /cgl/ gf?

fuck off dude there can be only one big enough for th etwo iof us.

>> No.8983803

>>8983792
No, I come here because I'm a cosplayer, long-time con junkie, and cosplay photog.

I just happened to post feels in a feels thread.

>> No.8983816
File: 46 KB, 420x209, 1446692664147.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8983397
I hope you silly cunts never change

>> No.8983834

>>8983273
Different anon but it took me 23 years and at least five different professionals going "teehee anon you're just shy" before I found someone open to the idea that a young woman might have ASD. It's not like there are anti-autist meds (science pls) so I don't know why everyone so far was so hesitant to even consider testing me.

Anyway
>member of lolita FB comm but don't actually know anyone
>turns out all the smaller meetups are private
>apparently there's an unspoken rule that newbies should prove that they're not cringey itas at the large open con meetups first before they can get invited to the smaller ones
>tfw I'm perfectly functional in smaller groups but the noisy crowded con environment sends me into meltdown
>why

>> No.8983895
File: 2.25 MB, 1280x1440, 1461890327740.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>say i dont understand nose bleed memes
>fat chubbawuff of a female sniggers at me and calls me a gaijin

Fucking barnes and nobles

>> No.8983906

>>8981918
>name it after her and beat it to shit
nobody will ever know :^)

>>8982873
if you're 21 and not complete garbage at driving there are several places that will pay you to get a CDL license and deliver crap. One friend of mine works for Pepsi, runs a route from Cincy to Louisville twice a day, five days a week, makes somewhere north of $30,000 without OT and bonuses. You're not going to be rolling in dosh but transport jobs are available anywhere there are roads, and is a lot less work than say minimum wage food/retail laboring.

>>8983233
Start going to local cons, get a feel for the area, and start working your way into some friend groups.

>>8983389
if you're that scared of the L word and want to fly under the radar, just call it alt/traditional fashion, or pretend you make your own clothes, or something like that. Alternatively, fill your presentation up with stuff unrelated to your wardrobe.

>> No.8983912

>>8983895
Japs have delicate internal systems. The slightest change in barometric pressure when tits are out or generally when there's something lewd happening, it makes thier circulatory system explode with excess blood from mucus membranes. It normally just ends up being a serious noise bleed, but you really never know.

>> No.8983958

>>8982140
Is the lack of a face meant to mean you do have one then?

>> No.8983959

>>8983783
>>8983792
If you want a /cgl/ girlfriend make sure to only go for the cosplayers, they're usually fun and pretty normal. The lolitas are all insane.

>> No.8983961

>post photo online in j-fash
>look at face for a really long time
>face begins to look like a deformed blob
Who else does this

>> No.8984072

>>8981852
Convention related feels are okay right?

>Been lurking this board because I like sewing and looking at cosplay
>I want to make a cosplay and go to convention that's a few hours away from my house
>Planning this shit early so I can take time off from work, no suprises
>Trying to get my friends excited for it, if they want to come, pay halvsies for the room
>Tell poor friend I'll pay for the room if she wants to go but has no money it's no problem I just don't want to go alone
>Now is perfect because we have the flexibility of college students but most of us have jobs so we have the money to go and actually buy a pass for once instead of just hanging out in the convention center
>We all used to go to cons in high school but we were poor, underage, and couldn't drive so we could never do much
>All my friends are super iffy about it, probably don't want to go but too nice to say so
>Tell them that if they come and the cons boring, we can stay in the room and drink, since we'll be 21 by then anyway (holla)
>They still don't want to come
>I could get a hotel by myself, but I'll probably just sulk all weekend and be angsty
>Also that would be kind of expensive so I'd prefer not
>Just too far of a drive to not stay at a hotel so I can't just drive there and back

Soo, anyone going to metro-con looking for roomates ;_;

>> No.8984148
File: 38 KB, 625x351, 12998759_10154028332872649_7219307435726876773_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8981931
>tfw I wanna wear pretty dresses but I don't want my dad to ask if I'm gay or trans

>> No.8984149
File: 33 KB, 736x414, 8305c3a012e448cb409d12e5db3ac179.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Love cooking and entertaining guests
>have 0 local friends
>super poor area with no entry-level weeb events to even try and make friends
>too cynical to even approach the one co-worker with AoT things on her desk and Deadpool keychains
I even brought my Mass Effect figures to work to have a conversation piece around me.

>> No.8984154

>had a boyfriend who is a cosplay tog
>relationship was meh, it ended on his terms
>I was struggling with health and family death at the time so i was pretty messy
>not normally a depressed person
>whole relationship was me paying for everything and getting zero affection back
>get over it quick and get into a new relationship
>He gets into relationship with another cosplayer, she has connections and has a lot of friends in the scene
>all of a sudden cosplayer and cos togs start unliking my page
>umwhy.png
>find out hes telling people i'm super psycho
>you broke up with me the day after a major family death happened, did you expect me to me all smiles about it
>mfw when hes the one who cheated on me during the relationship and got with me while he was still with another girl
>mfw I could tell people all the shit hes done to me but I haven't said a word to anyone because I don't want to kill his cos tog shit
>i'm too fucking nice.

New convention should be fun. ffs.

>> No.8984174

>>8983959
Why must you lie to this person.

>> No.8984175

>>8984154
>i'm too fucking nice
you're too fucking stupid
>cheated on me during the relationship and got with me while he was still with another girl
and yet you stayed with him??? lmao

>> No.8984185

>>8984154
If you're not saying anything to avoid drama with pointless people then more power to you. But if you're just doing it to be nice, just fucking tell people? Do you enjoy people stepping all over you or something jfc you'd just be telling the truth right?
This kind of avoidable shit really rustles me

>> No.8984283

>Like ouji fashion
>Have few pieces
>Are somewhat tomboy with rectangle body type
>Have a little fear that people would assume I'm a guy
>Because of that never wear ouji outside

>> No.8984314
File: 48 KB, 360x493, 1460307740110.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>constantly missing out on auctions
>a friend recommends using google alerts to track keyword mentions across the internet
>yes now all the burando will be mine
>for two years I get email alerts linking me to irrelevant blog posts, sold closetchild listings, and fucking pinterest
>this morning i get an email alert linking me to an auction for a dream item
>of course it's already sold, and for a lower price than expected
>mfw it took me two years to realize that google alerts is jank as hell and will only link me to an auction page at least a day after it's ended

>> No.8984320

>>8984175
>I didn't fucking know while i was with him you moron

>> No.8984327

>>8984185
I want to avoid as much drama as possible, and truthfully, i just dont care enough to start shit about him. He is a shitty guy that acts like a kid, hence the shit talking.

>> No.8984333

>>8983240
That's true, I'm hoping I can find some people with similar hobbies in the Entomology department. Unfortunately Animazement is the same weekend as Momocon which I already bought tickets and planned for, otherwise I would definitely go.

>>8983906
I'll definitely do that. I'm going to do some research on the cons in the area.

>> No.8984346

>>8984320
Different anon here, but you should probably expose your ex's bs, at least to friends who you consider close. If you have screenshots of past flirtations of him with you when he was still going out with another girl (really, he was cheating on both of you, as you had no idea you were "the other woman"), you have material to post online if you really want to show people the truth. Who knows how many other girls he has two-timed, or will two-time in the future?

He may be spreading false gossip about you no, to beat you to the punch in making himself look good and you look bad, and assume you're going to stay quiet like the goodie two shoes he assumes you to be (and you'd be playing right into it).

Whenever a guy has a string of ex gfs that he claims are all crazy, any woman with half a brain will notice that he's the one factor which remains constant in all those stories he tells.

Don't let him ruin other girls' lives, anon. You survived him, but if you speak up you could prevent other girls from going through the same experience your did. He may even pull the same stunt on the girl he's going out with now.

>> No.8984362

>>8984346
false gossip about you now*

>> No.8984375

>>8984346
Thank you got the actual response anon. I dont have screenshots otherwise I would have a long time ago. The girl he is currently with for some reason hates me, I assume he pulled the crazy card (like his other exs), I have told some girl who is in his circle of friends and she kinda shuts him down for me when im not there to defend myself.
He doesn't have anything on me other than to call me crazy because I was grieving (no, really. I'm psycho because a family member died apparently).
I normally play the quiet roll and wait for the right time to bring something up.
His gf now made a costume that i was quite known for in our circle (is what got me likes, put me on the map if you will) and people have already started no be like "exs gf, you dont play or know that game why are you cosplaying it? its random" and my friend has pointed it out that shes doing it to try and 1 up me.
cute thing is, she can't sew so it looks pretty bad.

>> No.8984397

>really want to cosplay
>all characters you like don't wear enough clothes
>don't even feel comfortable in tight clothes

>> No.8984590

>>8984154
Holy shit, this is exactly my last relationship, except flip the roles, I was the photog guy and she was the cosplayer.

It's crazy how much the details line up, though, from the fact that she left another guy for me to the fact that she cheated and then moved in with that guy after I dumped her, the fact that I was putting all the money and effort into the relationship and getting nothing back, the health problems I was struggling with late in the relationship, and the fact that she started spreading bullshit about me as soon as we broke up even though I never said a word about it to anybody but my closest friends.

It was extra-bad in my case because she was "cosfamous" with a big following, so all the shit she talked got around in a pretty major way, and I avoided saying anything for the first few years after the breakup and still avoid giving any identifying details when I talk about it, because I'm not petty enough to kill her career over it.

But hey, at least you got over it an into a new relationship pretty quickly. It'll be 3 years for me next month, and I haven't managed so much as a date.

>> No.8984666
File: 122 KB, 351x368, itistime.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just saw a pic of my (male) crush dressed as a maid

If I had a peepee it would be hard as diamond.

>> No.8984961

>>8982329
As the other anon replied, it's not uncommon for children of irresponsible parents to grow up to be far more responsible, in part because they had to take on more responsibility at a younger age.

Case in point, my mother is extremely financially irresponsible and up until recently hadn't held a single job for more than a year before hopping on to someplace else. I grew up thinking we were incredibly poor because she couldn't manage money for shit. As a result, I took on a great burden at a young age as the oldest child and became more or less completely financially responsible for myself, my younger brother, and occasionally my mother while still a teenager. My younger brother was momma's baby and grew up spoiled, so he's now almost as bad with money as she is to the point that he called me crying recently because he's so stressed out. He's in his mid-twenties, his girlfriend works full time and he's part time, and they are still struggling to pay rent and buy groceries, but he NEEDS a new pair of expensive shoes and some exercise equipment.

So yeah.

Board related: So fucking glad I learned to be responsible so I have money for both beautiful burando AND my damn bills. Thanks, shitty parenting!

>> No.8984978

>>8983895
https://vine.co/v/epVhpt03Eid

>> No.8984985

>>8984961
anon, you're not alone.
In my country a lot of women end up basically being the head of the family for this reason. It's a very patriarchal society and men are raised to think they're gonna get a wife who's gonna cook and clean for them and wipe their ass for them so why bother working, being financially responsible etc when you can rely on your parents and your wife and live like a parasite? Yet they expect the daughter of the family to take care of them when they're old, but leave the house/land to the son.

Naturally, girls nowadays know they don't have to deal with that shit so they move from their tiny villages (where that shit usually happens) to the big city to get a college degree and many of them end up taking men's jobs because it's gotten so bad that men don't even wanna work anymore. 50% of our army is women now.

I confess I used to be guilty of this but now that I'm on my own it's getting better. The first few months is really stressful and it's hard to see a dream dress on mbok that you know is gonna get snatched up asap, but you can't justify buying it.

>> No.8985010

>>8984985
What a weird world you must see.

>> No.8985013

I can't make friends in the commuinty at all.
I feel like once I know someone I'm fine, and can interact like a human, but first meeting people I just get nervous as fuck and always say something stupid.
I moved to the city out of my small town so I don't really have friends here. And ended up with a job I work from home so I don't really even have coworkers.
Is there some technique to approaching someone? I worked up and went to a con by myself. Tried to talk to some guys and managed to hold conversation about an anime for about 5 minutes. then they went to go do something else and a didn't want to follow like a creep. Tried to talk to a girl who was waiting by the entrance about the poster she was holding (Tower of Druaga one of my favourites) and she just looked super not into it so just said bye and left. I get the feeling she was thinking I was hitting on her but I honestly just want friends in the hobby.
Am I just creepy? I don't think I'm ugly, not attractive but not ugly.

>> No.8985025

>>8985010
You get used to it after primary school, where female handball players (which is everyone where I live) routinely have fistfights with each other and the guys just watch and cheer them on.

>> No.8985030

>>8985025
But anon, thats hot as can be.
Amazon girls #1

>> No.8985043
File: 152 KB, 625x636, sailormoon-eau-de-toilette-perfume2014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I fucking love Japonica Market right now.
>Order Sailor Moon perfume from Japan
>I live in the USA
>Stupidly didn't think that we had a ban on perfuming from being shipping from overseas because I could have sworn I've see other people who live here with this perfume in their collections.
>After perfume arrives at Japonica they tell me that they can't send it
>I tell them that they can empty out the perfume and send the empty bottle (I rarely wear perfume anyways and mainly bought it for display and to add to my collection)
>They are working hard to try and figure out how to get this perfume out of the bottle and have even ordered an atomizer kit online to use and try to get the perfume out

I very happy and surprised they are working that hard to get that perfume out for me. Especially since it was all my fault for even ordering it. They didn't charge me for the kit they ordered, but I'm insisting they invoice me for it.

>> No.8985048

>>8985043
>USA has a ban on perfume
Fucking hell, how am I supposed to buy it now?

>Home of the brave my ass

>> No.8985057

>>8984985
Where do you live??

>> No.8985064
File: 83 KB, 600x849, 47-N.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8985057
Serbia (it's in Eastern Europe)

>> No.8985097

God fucking fuck I'm so mad. I think I might have left not only the waist ties from my first dress at my parents house when I moved, but also a rose attachment for a bonnet I have. Which is bad enough, but making it worse is that my parents split up and my mom cleared out my stuff before they sold the house. I can only hope that she put those things into my storage locker.

Guess I'll be looking for that stuff when I go back in a couple months. Argh.

>> No.8985105

Happy feels, I think I'm finally making friends in my comm! I've been new for a while and only recently attended my second meet but I've started to connect with people. It's been nice messaging this one girl talking about dream dresses and coords and she's made me feel more confident about being more active. I even found one of her dream dresses for sale and was able to link it to her! Maybe it sounds sappy but I'm just excited to be able to talk to someone irl about lolita who cares the same way I do haha.

>> No.8985125

I'm happy that I'm steadily losing weight, but
>no matter what costume I make I'll be a fatass in baggy clothing

>> No.8985175

>>8984148
this is what cons are for.

bring pretty dress, change into it at hotel or in the restroom. or post to selfpost threads here for virtual dressup time.

someday you will be your own man, in your own place, where nobody can tell you what to put on your body. work toward that day.

>> No.8985176

>>8984149
>Love cooking and entertaining guests
>have 0 local friends
>super poor area with no entry-level weeb events to even try and make friends
>too cynical to even approach the one co-worker with Mass Effect figures on her desk
I even brought my AoT things to work to have conversation pieces around me, and I jangle my Deadpool keychains from time to time. No one has approached me yet.

>> No.8985177

>>8984283
wear makeup and a wig. i am a male ouji sometimes mistaken for female/trans because of wigs, makeup, and the fact that men in my culture do not wear frills.

>> No.8985179

>>8984666
is your clit nonfunctional

>> No.8985185

>>8985013
making friends as an adult is difficult. it's not your fault. keep trying and keep improving yourself in the meantime.

>> No.8985216

>>8985179
Ok, I girl-boner'ed a little, but I'll bet guy-boners are way more satisfying. With that wiener and all.

>> No.8985242

>>8985216
They're p. impressive, especially if you're a grower

>> No.8985301

>>8983323
yep, thats what I've been bringing up. on teachers bullying, I had that happen loads. or rather, teachers thinking I'm being rude (and responding in kind) because I was being direct or honest about something and them taking it as rude. for example, couple years ago we were talking in a class about what we call the teacher who was teaching us at the time (we had very chill and relaxed classes that year because it was a preliminary year for the course/diploma I would've been taking, plus we had a tiny class and someone would nearly always be missing) and I mentioned that I'm unsure since I have issues with calling people I don't know well by their first names. this made the teacher go 'uh, wow, that's a bit rude' and when I asked how it's rude he muttered something about it being weird. my psych just tells me to talk to the teachers about it, or ask my school psych to tell the teachers to be nicer or something. not that it matters since I'm about to graduate (finals next week, why am I on cgl), but it's still kinda shitty for a school that prides itself on their acceptance of diversity

>>8983834
I'm very glad you finally found someone open to the idea, but simultaneously terrified because what if it never happens with me. should I just start keeping a list of the 'weird' things that happen with me?
I hope your meet goes well, if you really feel like it went badly afterwards you can mention it in private to people you keep talking to after the meet, like 'yeah sorry if I was acting a bit awkward, I don't feel very comfortable in large crowds' or something along those lines. you probably won't need it though, I believe in you anon!

I found out that I can finally normally put money on my paypal (that is, without waiting 3 days for it to process or beg one of my friends with a credit card to do it), any tips from gulls on how to be responsible with online shopping? I'm pretty good with actual physical amounts of money but online money is hard to keep track of

>> No.8985314

>>8985301
>I have issues with calling people I don't know well by their first names
Same here, though I'm fairly certain it's not because of autism or ADHD or anything, it's just how I was raised.

My dad has a big ol stick up his arse about manners, so when I was a baby and called my neighbour (an old woman who was a pilot in the war and cursed like a sailor, and tried to teach me to do the same when I was a toddler) by her first name he'd clutch his pearls and say it's rude because she's a literal human fossil and I'm 4, so I should mind my manners. The lady didn't give a shit and I ended up being really awkward in front of both her and everyone else I didn't know well later in life.

Still don't know why people consider it rude though, I'm not gonna go up to my professor and say 'yo teach what's the story' yet they expect that of us nowadays.

>> No.8985319

>>8985314
I was uncomfortable with 'mr [firstname]' which I guess is kinda weird to not be okay with yeah, but like shit, I wasn't personally insulting him and he took it like I was. I'd just call it a personal quirk.

>> No.8985324

>>8985319
>I wasn't personally insulting him and he took it like I was
he was hyper-sensitive, not your problem.

>> No.8985326

>>8985319
I wouldn't take it personally, sounds like they were a prick. My music teacher used to tell us about how he went to America and beat up black people (he didn't, he was with a church choir) and yelled at everyone who raised their hand to answer a question because 'they were being a smartass'. I still hate that faggot but everyone loved him.

>> No.8985384

A member of my comm has cancer.

I hope she beats it. We are not close, but I like her a lot. She is the kind of person the world could use more of. I want her to be healthy and live.

Fuck you, cancer.

>> No.8985399
File: 203 KB, 800x640, Mado Rain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Half of household terminally ill, have multiple scares throughout the month.
>Other misfortune happens, including $100 falling out of my wallet.
>Receive an unexpected package addressed to me, it's a cute baby dress.
>Don't know who sent it, but thought someone surprised me. Get attached to dress.
>Later than night, send final payment for dress I'm buying. Seller sends message.
>"Oh anon, I accidentally sent a JSK to your address. Could I get it back?"
>What I thought was a silver lining was just a mistake.
>Straw that broke the camels back, start crying.

I'm going to send it back of course.

>> No.8985423

>>8985384
It always make me wonder if disease turns people into better people.
One of my cosplay groups member is a cluster fuck of body problems. From failing kidneys and livers to fucked up leg and scoliosis. Her entire body is a disaster.
But she is the goddamn nicest person I have ever met. Fun to be around, funny as fuck, and one of the most caring people I've ever had the pleasure to be friends with.
I think its the idea of having to suffer their whole life makes them want everyone else to be happy.

>> No.8985428

>live in georgia
>temperature has been disgustingly hot lately (it's 84° with 68% humidity today)
>too hot to wear anything cute or that i care about, much less lolita/other jfash

>> No.8985432

>>8982909
>>8982917
Go volunteer. Especially great if you get involved in a small organization/nonprofit that will give you a leadership role. You can always stretch the amount of time you actually volunteered out, and make sure to list every little thing you ever did from sending emails to cleaning.

>> No.8985708

>Get BHA hoping to purge out leftovers from cystic acne
>finally get that shit to come up after a month
>But only on one cheek
>Other cheek is usually clear but know there is stuff deep down there
>Finally add an AHA
>Giant mega zit comes up

I did this to myself. I must persevere in the name of clear skin.

>> No.8985828

>>8985399
:( Oh god, im so sorry!

>> No.8985842

>>8985423
i think it's an issue of character. a lot of ill people are miserably toxic, and others are just dull.

however, people who have suffered a lot and have high empathy and resilience turn out better than the average person. but without the empathy and resilience, ill people can just be a pain to be around.

>> No.8985881

>>8985428
I know that feel anon. I'm in Georgia too. This weather sucks ass.

>> No.8985898
File: 44 KB, 561x265, tumblr_miadpnO4iR1rgz9z1o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Buying cosplays to blow off stress and because I want to take a break from sewing
>Buy a lot of outfits for a specific character
>They arrive today, covered in fur, one of the outfits definitely looks too small even though the description said they were my measurements
>Try them on regardless, both look good aside from tiny things I need to replace or fix up
>Looking at them, realizing there's no seam lines
>The whole thing is glued together
>Can't even be mad at seller because they bought it off someone else and never got a chance to wear them
>I can't even wash all this fur off without them falling apart
>I just wanted a break from sewing

Bonus round:
>Part of the glued on collar doesn't have enough fabric to match the base and will be irreparable

>> No.8985906
File: 32 KB, 735x705, fat_boy_gets_a_date.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8985175
Don't get me wrong dude
I live my dad
But he's a bit of a pussy so he wants me to be the strong man he could not be
I want that too
I just don't want him to find out I want to crossdress so I don't disappoint him, he's been through enough

>> No.8986324
File: 1.25 MB, 280x222, 1397782948440.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Cosplayer oldfag
>All of my cosplay group has either stopped cosplaying or stopped going to cons
>Most of my local friends are in the same bellydancing troupe and 90% of their social lives go towards that
>Lost touch with pretty much everyone else because my job took over my life
>Now I've quit my job to sell art/writing full-time
>Getting back into going to a lot of cons to sell at artist alley, virtually no friends to room share with, cosplay with, or hang out with

It's good I'm cool with solitude but there are some things that you want friends for. Most of the reason I have gone to cons so many years is to be with friends, rehearsing skits or what have you. I just feel alone on top of alone while trying to make a big career change that's flipped my life and routine 180 degrees.

>> No.8986336

>>8985399
When will technology allow us to send hugs over the internet?

>> No.8986338
File: 70 KB, 400x400, 1462064002702.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>should have posted this here in the first place

Got asked out by my "senpai" a couple days ago, everything went ok, we got to know each other on a more personal level.
However as he was about to leave I felt a sudden burst of bravery and said:
>Two questions. First, do you find me attractive?
He says yes
>Then why dont you kiss me?
He claims to want to do more than kiss me but doesnt feel ready because broke up recently and stuff.
Holds my hand and says "I know you feel lonely, I feel lonely too..."
I look him in the eyes clearly dissappointed.
He hesitates but decides to take off his glasses and kiss me.
I leave happy but as days go by can't shake the feeling all I got was a pity kiss.

>> No.8986340

>>8982361
Does that make all women pussies then? What makes them magically immune to criticism.

>> No.8986352

>>8986338
don't force things, let it run its course. Trying for too much too fast will just leave both of you with a sour taste. If it will grow into something more, it will take time. This isn't Disney where you meet, fall in love and then move into a castle together in the span of 90 minutes.

>> No.8986379
File: 132 KB, 468x357, GunXClover_Guh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Work with dad on huge prop
>I have a basic idea, but dad comes up with all the real breakthroughs
>Planning out a test version, need some parts
>It's like $80 in parts, I go to pay, he pays instead
>Says he really likes working with me and he's happy to pay
>After picking up parts, I have to get back to work
>Stop by the next day and he's already built a complex test piece for me to check out
>mfw he's working harder on my prop than I am

I TRULY appreciate the help, both with paying for parts and building it, but I feel like I'm slacking on this, it makes me feel really guilty.

>> No.8986383

>>8986379
he cares about you, but what you could do is if you want to work on it yourself you could mildly guilt him and say something like "Lets have this be our project." He sounds like the kind of person that would be receptive to that kind of a comment.

>> No.8986392

>>8986379
It sounds like he's having fun. You should insist that you want him to teach you what to do though, that way he'll wait for you to to be there and you'll share the work.

>> No.8986401
File: 755 KB, 500x335, hugforyou.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8985399
Anon, I'm so sorry. Your situation just breaks my heart, I wish so much for it to get better. Stay strong anon!

>> No.8986403

>>8986379
Enjoy spending time with your dad. That's what he's getting from it. That you guys have common ground like this makes me a little envious.

>> No.8986424

>was doing really good not impluse buying anything for a little over half a year after buying a ton of brand dream dresses last year (they all suddenly showed up at once for amazing prices)
>lately been feeling like shit, which was part of the reason for the impulse buying last year as well
>find and buy a $120 dream dress, ok, that's a lot better than the $500+ ones all at once right? i'm satisfied with this, it's also a little of an iconic dress even and the original is hard to find
>suddenly, more brand dream dresses are appearing all at once... again
>my own sales aren't moving at all, so no bonus extra money to help
>lord give me strength
i've still been budgeting really well too and even though i know i can afford these dresses and still make it work very well, i'm doing my best to hold back as well and it's just. augh why

>> No.8986475

I just packed the last of my non-necessary cosplay items up to send with my boyfriend to our first apartment.

As nervous as I am, this is a huge step for me and I'm really excited!

>> No.8986510

>making bank for first time in forever
>start buying casual burando dresses for weekend wear, since I feel best in lolita and a lot of my dresses are too ott for grocery shopping
>dress here, dress there, dress everywhere!
>fucking forgot to truly consider the shipping
>fuck

Oh well, I've not fucked myself over for bills or any other living expenses, but God damn I'm pissed now at how much I've spent. I really went overboard this month and feel like dirt. I'm trying to justify it in my head as i really bought these for non meet purposes, so it's not that awful since i haven't bought like any clothes in a while but the shame is still real.

>> No.8986514

>>8985399
I wish I could be your friend irl and be nice to you.

>> No.8986545

I miss my old cosplay gf from 2013 so badly. I know I should be over it. Ugh, I suck.

>> No.8986552

>>8986424
don't do it anon! one purchase leads to another!

>> No.8986571
File: 24 KB, 600x375, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8982035
>>8982038
>>8982053
Are you guys thick headed or just special? Everyone reacts differently, especially if they have anxiety and/or depression, and if left untreated things like this could happen, where the littlest things set them off.
>I get upset whenever I hear my ex bf's name. Even if it's not actually him specifically.
>i can't see his face, his name, anyone interacting with him on social media, etc etc or I get "triggered" (hate that word cause of the over useage by Tumblr, but it's true.) I've blocked him but sometimes things still slip through.
>I have insomnia, anxiety and severe depression.
>currently seeking help for it because I can't live this way.
Tl;dr: pick up a fuckin book, take a class, figure out a way to make yourself a little less stupid, son.

>> No.8986611
File: 279 KB, 431x493, 1453022034103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

STOP TAGGING ME IN EVERY SHITTY PICTURE FROM EVERY STUPID MEETUP I AM DONE AT LOOKING AT MY UGLY FACE AND I'M SURE EVERYONE ELSE ON MY FACEBOOK IS AS WELL AND IT TAKES TEN FUCKING YEARS TO UNTAG MYSELF FROM ALL OF THEM FUCK

>> No.8986615

I think I've fallen out of love with Lolita. I just don't care about it anymore. It no longer inspires love within me.

>> No.8986641

>>8986611
You should go to settings and set that you have to approve tagged pictures before they appear on your timeline.

>> No.8986648

>>8986615
being burnt out of hobbies is natural. Find a new one, sell off some of your stuff, but keep your favorites... maybe you'll come back to it later.

>> No.8986656
File: 167 KB, 450x620, 20150501_1323069.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8986641
I didn't realise that was a thing. Thanks, anon.

>>8986648
I kind of want to just merge into cute J fashion and leave it at that. Lolita is just too much for me, and despite how wonderful it looks on my friends, I've never looked good in it anyway.

>> No.8986663

>still learning how to properly wear wigs after several years cosplaying

I am the problem.

>> No.8986690

>>8986545
>mfw i see posts like this and fixate in paranoia wondering if my own cosplay gf from 2013 is the author
Damn. We both suck.

>> No.8986751

>"You know I would never waste my time on someone if I didn't care about them. You also know that I'm only pretending to be friends with X because of his fat wallet and good social networks."

How fucking stupid do you think I am to believe that you give the remotest shit about anyone when this is the type of attitude you have?
You constantly shittalk your so-called friends and admit to not giving a fuck about a lot of them. You use names of mutual friends that you don't like to gain trust and become liked by people that don't know you. Then you whip this shit at me when I have enough of the bullshit I'm getting from your girlfriend.
You care so much about keeping up appearances so people will think you're a nice guy. Why would you be so fucking fake? Is it because your girlfriend has openly admitted multiple times to not loving you, and you feel like you need approval and love from other people, even when you don't give two fucks about them? Is it because you're 26 and scared of getting a job because your girlfriend might dump you if you go out and do something with your life while she continues leeching off of beta males and feeling sorry for herself, so you entertain yourself by shitting on people behind their backs?

You're both a disgrace to the cosplay community and a danger to the fetish community and I hope you're aware that quite a few people see through your bullshit. The biggest opinion people have of you is that you only care about yourself and will happily throw anyone under the bus to strengthen your own ego that's nearly non-existant due to the bullshit you have to deal with from your psychopathic girlfriend.

You're fucking nasty, and I'm beyond the point of feeling sorry for you. I hope it's worth it for you that everyone is calling you a piece of shit behind your back. You feel lonely? You did this to yourself.

>tfw I ended this shitty friendship with a nice message instead of telling this disgusting piece of crap what I really think of him.

>> No.8986804

>sitting around with wife while shes chittering away to her friends
>One of the gals starts talking about victorian fashion coming back
>pulls up a picture of a lolita in a classic jsk, mildly poofy petticoat, just a solid basic coord
>one woman who mostly wears jeans and t-shirts points at the petticoat and says "nice bloomers, lol"
>Flatly tell her its a petticoat, and bloomers look like capris
>looked at like i grew a horns out of my nipples or something

>> No.8986822

>>8986324
>bellydancing
>over-worked at full-time job
>selling art
>areyoume

I-I love you, anon. You make me feel less alone in the world, even though I'm pretty sure you feel pretty alone right now. Don't give up, ok? I know you don't know me but, I'm proud of you.

>> No.8986830

I am the worst asthmatic/dust allergic person ever
>first sunny day in a while
>decide to use it to finally clean shithole of an apartment (depression + college + vacuum cleaner acting up means it's been a while)
>start with bedroom, take out all the rugs to air and beat, rewipe surfaces (already did that last weekend but just to check), vacuum, re-vacuum over all the small spots
>managed to get through most of it
>living room
>can't vacuum and clean half of the sofa because there's a huge stack of magazines/newspapers on it and if I started going through it I'd not get done with any other cleaning today
>old shitty sofa needs to always be covered up with flannels because it's so old and dirty, but they are all in the wash
>have to take 2 breaks in vacuuming because of how tiring it is
>find lost brow pencil by vacuuming it in, then having to lift it out of the vacuum bag using two spoons
>currently sitting here on a sofa with none of the pillows in place, trying to stop my leaking nose and cursing my neighbours who are grilling outside (the smoke is coming in)

>> No.8986842

>>8986830
>not getting pretty and asking them for food

Do you even survive?

>> No.8986854

>>8982034
Annddd the people acting salty here are the types of people who see messed up things happen but keep walking because it's none of their business. Basically they're cowards who justify it with "not my problem."

Back when I was in High School I cut out people really fast after a girl and her frjends tried to put chicken broth in my gas tank among other things. When I brought it to the headmaster of the school I was told that I shouldn't discriminate against people because of my religious background... Although I had no religious background, the people who were screwing with me just told everybody I hated gay people and whatever other bullshit that was untrue.

What really boiled my blood was when this girl showed people my mentally disabled brothers mugshot on her phone and my so called friends at the time pretended to laugh and would still hang out with her without saying anything because it wasn't their problem.

Definitely cut them all out of your life anon and make friends that aren't weak-minded little bitches. It'll make you feel so much better actually having friends who think for themselves.

>> No.8986857
File: 107 KB, 1024x768, 1454167540625.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8986804
Bro, me too.

>TAing medieval history class
>had final early but prof said if people came to class to watch movies and shit she'd give extra credit
>girl who dressed pretty plainly the whole semester comes in full cord
>everyone curious, bombarding her with questions
>begin autisticaly explaining Lolita with her because she can't really get a word out
>mfw

Way more autistic and my professor was creeped out. Probably not going to be able to TA for her next semester.

>> No.8986859
File: 1.05 MB, 1440x2560, 1461899738158.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8986857
>>begin autisticaly explaining Lolita with her because she can't really get a word out
>>mfw
>Way more autistic and my professor was creeped out. Probably not going to be able to TA for her next semester.

Why.

>> No.8986863

>>8983906
>if you're 21 and not complete garbage at driving
I'm not American, and in my country getting a driver license costs a lot of time and money, especially money. It's not a problem because public transportation is very well developed in my city. No way I'll get my own car before my 30s, too.

>> No.8986869

When I was a young stupid idiot kid I got molested by adults in the cosplay/lolita comms where I live.
>flash foward to years later
>just got out of one the worst most mindfucky and manipulative fucked up relationships I have ever been in (childhood trauma often leads to unhealthy relationships later in life)
>have a severe disease that I can't talk about in detail here in case someone realizes it's me
>am lonely as fuck and have no friends due to people not really wanting to be around sick people and our depressing lives (can't say I blame them to be quite honest)
>want to get involved with old hobbies again and make new friends but I can't (because the people who molested me probably spread fucked up untrue rumours about me to discredit me before I realized what happened, as predators etc tend to do to cover their asses)
tl;dr I'm more hopeless and traumatized than I have probably ever been and I don't know what to do except delude myself into thinking I'm going to get out of here one day.

>> No.8986881

>be me
>homeschooled by religious fanatic mom
>dad's usually gone at work (air force) which is obviously good for both family and country but it means that mom has full control
>hated homeschooling but mom refuses to listen to my viewpoint
>don't get along well with family brothers
>turns out that they were half-brothers and my parents hid it because they're pussies
>anyway
>had a good friend that did anime/manga/cons/cosplay/what have you
>but he was weird and i was way to anxious around family to ever get in to it
>now 21
>live at home cause of nursing school
>still too anxious around family to get in to it
>just now watching a first anime, fma 2003

It's not the japanese stuff that's the problem, but i had so much that i feel like i could have (and in some ways should have) done when i was younger but my shit excuse for a human mom was determined to keep me at home 24/7 so that i "wouldn't be corrupted" by the world. This is the same person who cheated on my dad when he was overseas for military business, told my dad that he should die in Iraq, had no problem telling my then-five-year-old brother what a "piece of shit" dad was, and so on. If I could get away with murdering her I'd do it no doubt.

I just feel like I'm alive for nothing but school and work now. Any other thing I do, I just feel like shit. I can't explain it. It's like I'm being watched or someones recording through my phone or whatever else. Part of me wants to an hero because it's been like this for years and it'd be topkek to destroy my mom, but that's pretty stupid.

No offense to religion or God but fanatics, man. What the crap.

>> No.8986884

>>8986881
>all of this drama in a chair force family

Just how in the fuck? Its daycare for grownups half the time.

>> No.8986894

>>8986884
well it was mostly mom's fault. note that she didn't have a job and got to homeschool four kids but turns around and whines about dad not providing enough

>> No.8986900

>>8986894
So she was a dependa.

>> No.8986903

>>8986842
I'm not on the greatest terms with them (they're pretentious as fuck and their kids jump right above my bedroom), and I was planning to make ramen for lunch and then chili con carne at night anyway since my mum's coming over. at least I got done with most of the vacuuming and I can breathe normally indoors again.
man I've been so functional today, it's been ages since this last happened, I got a wishlist dress shipped out yesterday as well so great shit
except now I just realised I might not have tomato sauce for the food, better go and check

>> No.8986906

>>8986903
>they're pretentious as fuck and their kids jump right above my bedroom
When i lived in an apartment i always fed this chick who lived above us. Could tell she was a super powerful weeb level but dressed, showered, and jogged. Couldn't cook to save her life though

>> No.8986912
File: 53 KB, 700x355, 2010-08-06-Strip_56_Dependapotamus_web[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8986900

>> No.8986915
File: 382 KB, 844x423, 1461712845027.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8986912
You laugh but i saw wives like that on base.

>mfw i see a squealing dependa hauled out of the house by CID and MPI for adultery and child abuse

>> No.8986921

>>8986900
Oh man, don't even get me started. The house we live on was bought by our grandpa. My mom doesn't have a job, she just pays stuff with dad's pension, then she has the audacity to act all high and mighty about being "the mom." I tell you what, I hope she tries to kick me out cause the hypocrisy (her dad bought her a house and then she kicks her own kid out) is something that gramps won't stand for and the ultimate topkek will begin.

I fucking hate living at home, but realistically I don't know anyone here to move in with and it's very small towns anyone (like 600 population) so there's not a lot of choice. I'll just save up my money and then when I'm an RN I can get the hell away.

>> No.8986929
File: 1.33 MB, 540x304, HOW.TRAGIC.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8986921
Theres always.... murder, anon. How unfortunate that she slipped and was strangled by AP brand tea socks....

>> No.8986971

>>8986929
if i could get away with it i very well might

but that wouldn't really solve any of my inner problems.

>> No.8986982
File: 97 KB, 640x641, 1437846834224.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>schedule USPS pick up for dress I sold
>USPS sends notice that pick up was unsuccessful because package was not on porch
>live in very quiet neighborhood but pretty convinced it got stolen
>$300 gone.

I'm hoping that by some miracle of chance it's going to get scanned in Monday morning. I've never had a problem with anything being stolen off my porch before so I'm upset.

Never scheduling a pick up again.

>> No.8987083

>>8986352
I guess you're right. I was in a hurry because going out of town for the summer. Which is the reason he asked me out.
It doesn't help that he gives me mixed signals...

>> No.8987092

>>8986881
you need more and different people in your life. You need more viewpoints and other activities to bring some distance and overview to your earlier life.I hope you can make new contacts through nursing school and I recommend to get into some kind of sport and join go volunteering in order to meet new people and make new experiences.

>> No.8987097

>>8986982
Fuck Anon I know that feel so hard!
My HL was wrongfully delivered to an old address. I had a forwarding in place.
USPS hasn't resolved shit since its delivery on April 9.
I've resorted to sending a letter to my previous address hoping for something since my previous landlord won't do shit either.

>> No.8987100

>>8987097
I had a package last week go to my old apartment for some reason. I called the building's office and they said no one had turned it in saying it wasn't theirs yet but to call back in a day or two (I had called a few hours after it was delivered). Now whenever I call them no one picks up or I get a broken machine that just screeches in my ear. Let this resolve, please.

>> No.8987106

>>8986881
May not be religious but I totally understand this.

My dad was air force as well and my mom stayed home, but my story is more

>dads usually gone at work so mom is in full control
>mom starts calling me a whore when im 9 because I talked to people on neopets
>coddles the shit out of my younge brother to the point where he would nearly die of hyperventilation if mom wouldnt pour him a cup of milk
>always told how awful I am (because I take a lot after my father)
>"YOU AND YOUR FATHER ALWAYS MADE MY LIFE HARD"
>tfw dad gave her his money to put her back in school
>tfw only reason mom graduated was because of his money
>tfw dad always pays for us to go on nice vacations, disney, the beach every single summer, camping, everything.
>this is not good enough for my mom
>mom still blames us for why she had to wait for college
>one day mom buys some laptops with dads money
>also buys world of warcraft (back when it was still vanilla wow)
>her and dad start to play together
>suddenly mom starts playing alone at like 3 in the morning
>yells at me for getting up to get water as if I was spying on her
>turns out mom started cheating on my dad with a guy 15 years younger than her, only 5 years older than me, her daughter
>she runs away to florida to live with him and his family

Thank god. It was literally the best day of my life when she left and my little brother grew so much without her. Im so thankful she cared so little about us that she never even tried to fight for custody with my dad.

>> No.8987107
File: 334 KB, 588x683, angry korean medic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8982112
>lalala I don't know what I'm talking about
end yourself

>> No.8987294

I want to lose weight, but every time I make a plan to eat better, I go and sabotage myself. I really think I am emotionally dependent on food. I have chronic fatigue which limits my activities, but too often I use this as an excuse not to at least do my 10k steps each day. I started today off with good intentions, but I ended up eating three chocolate bars, a bagel with peanut butter, and two slices of quiche. I feel so ashamed of eating the chocolate that I want to be sick. I don't know what to do, I'm 5'7" and 140lbs but I'm scared that I'm making myself fat. I've tried keeping myself distracted and my hands busy with knitting etc, and forcing myself to go for a walk, but it just isn't working. Do you guys have any tips on removing the emotional attachment with food? I don't want to feel this shame

>> No.8987334

>>8987294
Apart from the obvious part of working out why you use food as comfort, which should really be done with a professional and not on 4chan, have you tried "transferring" it onto something else? For example, I used to use sweets as comfort then moved it to tea with sugar/homemade ice coffee/powder based chocolate milk and once I got used to those I moved on to their healthier options- tea, ice coffee without sugar and cocoa powder based chocolate milk. Not only does this mean less calories (especially if you're like me and can't stand sweetners.) but increasing your liquid intake makes you less hungry.

>> No.8987391

Dozing cat tucked hamaka version is one of my dream dresses, but I'm not even asian so I'll look like an idiot if I ever do get it.

>> No.8987404

>>8987106
You're dad sounds like such a nice guy, but holy fuck that neopets thing. What the hell

>> No.8987414

>>8987404
Oh I love my dad, his hard work is the reason me and my brother can go to college relatively debt free and he still loves to go on vacation. We went back to disney, went to hollywood, went back to the beach. He's the best. He's accepting of all the weird shit we do too.

I still remember the whore thing pretty well too, I came downstairs and mom went into a shit fit because she "saw what I was doing on the computer" and I was like "wut" and she called me a whore and shit and I just cried because I didnt even know what a whore was.

The worst thing I did was roleplay with other weebs, nothing erotic! After that I would spend a lot of my life being told how much of a whore I was for having online friends.

>> No.8987418

>>8987294
Uhm...140 at 5'7" isn't really overweight? Please looks into what BMI and weights are healthy for specific heights.
You also should see a therapist or behaviorist. If you are unable to handle having restraint regarding food then you need someone to help you teach you newer, healthier habbits. Hell, there are even diets that you pay into and they send you all of your snacks and meals. To start though, if you find yourself going to eat more than you think you should, try drinking something. Juice, chocolate almond milk, making fruit smoothies. Try to switch your focus to liquids when you find yourself slipping, you'll fill yourself up quick and will pee it all out in a few hours. Set an alarm on your phone each day for a designated walk time. Take your 3DS with you to get nintendo coins, or if you're into pokemon, get a pokewalker. There's even urban game apps for phones that tie in with a route you walk or run like zombie apocalypse type things. Make it fun for yourself and tie it into your interests if it's not something you can force yourself to do on your own.

But seriously go see a therapist or behaviorist regarding the food dependency thing. It sounds like you have underlying problems that lead you to this point, but self control is something you can teach yourself. You probably just need someone to walk you through until you have new learned behaviors.

>> No.8987421

>>8987414
Your mom sounds really immature. Maybe there was a secret underground Neopets breeding ring that you were actually a part of but just aren't telling us. Whoring out your neopets to pimp out their home, how could you.

>> No.8987429

>>8987421
Well there was that one time I lost my account because someone said theyd give me gold so I gave them my password, damn.

My mom honestly just kept getting worse from their, me and most everyone else keep coming back to the conclusion that she projected her failures on me. You know the typical, she had a kid young, had to wait for college, now her daughter is growing up, cute, has a lot of boys that like her (obviously after I was 9 that is).

I think it just made her mad at me, and im probably right since at this moment she is dating one of my ex bfs from hs. a kid she met when he was still 15. Its so fucking creepy.

>> No.8987442

>>8986641
other people will still see the tag. Facebook is awful about this.

>> No.8987446

>>8986869
anon i'm sorry, that sucks...

>> No.8987457

>>8986881
>It's like I'm being watched or someones recording through my phone or whatever else.
anon, i have struggled with this too. we are from similar environments, but my family was navy. things will get better when you leave them. your childhood was unfair and your mom sounds nuts. she has set you up poorly for adult life, meaning she failed at the one fucking job she had. get financially stable and get out; you can catch up on life when you are free.

>> No.8987458

>>8986982
This happened to me a week or two ago, but (after having a heart attack) I checked the package's tracking and it had actually been picked up fine.
No idea why USPS said it hadn't been picked up.

>> No.8987462

>>8986971
talk therapy is best for this kind of thing.

if you can stand reddit (i can't), look at r/raisedbynarcissists.

>> No.8987590
File: 605 KB, 697x699, 1455646876351.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you need to add "I completely agree, and here are some further thoughts" when replying to online discussions or else people think you're arguing with them

Lolitas are hypersensitive goddamn

>> No.8987593

>have cosplay friends who used to date
>broke up a couple months ago after dating for like a year or something
>one got into a new relationship, the other got kinda close with someone that I'm not on very good terms with
>I have NO idea on what terms they broke up because the girl who's moved on and got a new gf doesn't talk about it, and the other girl hasn't really talked to me much at all
>recently did photos of the new couple in cosplay
>worried that it'll upset other friend when I post the preview images
>worried that she'll think I'm "picking sides" or something
>don't feel like it's my business to ASK since neither of them have volunteered the information
Ohwell.jpg

>> No.8987731

>>8987446
>>8987446
It's okay, it's really not that bad. I was just feeling the despair when I made that post. I am coping alright these days by distracting myself and keeping myself busy. Thanks for the kind words. Just needed to get it out, I think. Saging because I'm not sure how many posts are in this thread and I don't want to get accused of attention whoring by accidentally bumping an old thread by responding to this.

>> No.8987734

>>8987106
Same guy you replied to

That sucks man, I'm not gonna say it's great that you don't have a mom but it's great that you don't have that poison and an awesome dad. I'd give just about anything to be free of some family ties but I have such a guilt complex that I'd never feel good about it. Not cold turkey anyway.

Hope things only get better, maybe you'll even get an awesome stepmom one day lol

>> No.8987757

>Have never used sculpey before
>used to just carve everything from purple foam
>get a micheals coupon
>fuck it lets try it
>proceed to make a pendant for cosplay
>after hours of careful sculpting, carving and baking as well as painting it is done
>sparkles in eyes
>so fucking beautiful
>much better than the other cosplay ones I've seen on the internet so far (sparkles in eyes are blinding)
>don't tell purple foam-senpai that I was cheating on him

>> No.8987776
File: 147 KB, 1280x960, sadfurryfamily.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8986822
Cyber hug to you my twin. I'm going to see Rifftrax and Civil War by myself on Thursday night because my gal friends have bellydancing practice and the dude friends are all married to or dating them. It's fine, I'll see you guys every couple of months I guess. -_-

I wish I could find a local art/writing/cosplay group to hang out with in person. Doesn't help none of them share any of those hobbies.

>> No.8987792

>>8987083
could be he's giving you mixed signals because he's unsure for himself. All you can really do is spend more time around him and see where it goes. Think of it like fishing if you will, if you jerk the line before the hook is set the fish will run off.

>>8986863
I don't know your country, but unless you're in the 3rd world or Venezuela, finding work shouldn't be difficult?

>> No.8987796

>my best friend moved across the country a few years ago, I hardly see her except for when she comes for AX.
>worked super hard on my costumes this year, everything ready to go
>BF told me that hes moving across the country for work on the same weekend as AX
>I agreed to go with him to help him settle in and say goodbye
>tfw I won't get to see my best friend and go to a con I was looking forward to, completely unsure of when I'll get to see bf next

>> No.8987798

>Live with boyfriend who supports us, he has a steady job, decent pay
>Starting up cosplay commission business, have plenty of projects for the year
>Personal cosplays are huge drain on money

I have to get at least a part-time job to continue affording my personal cosplays and afford to eat. I don't care what it is, I'd be happy in just some stupid coffee shop job.
Had one interview last week and I know I botched the shit out of that thing, she said she'd call me back by Friday, and it's past that. I fucked up, I know it.

Currently behind on bills. Made the choice to go to a small con locally, only spent 150$ for the weekend but I feel like that's why I'm so behind. Won the cosplay contest but whatever, I just feel like garbage and a total moron for even going in the first place.

Money used to be great. I used to work from home on a phone job that made me absolutely miserable, but at least I had the money. Now my anxiety is through the roof and I'm feeling the hold of depression creeping up on me again.

Fuck real life. I just want to make cosplay.

>> No.8987799

>>8987458
This gives me up hope anon. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow

>> No.8987834

My sister brought me to a coworkers house party. She herself is as preppy, normalfag as they come, and the usual routine is for me to sit tight and feel like an alien wallflower during our get-togethers.
Her coworkers turn out to be all late 20s weebs. As soon as I get there, we start nerding out over cons, cosplays, anime, football, and te likes. For a bunch of strangers, I feel like I fit in.
My sister, however, looks like a kitten in a pack of wolves. She doesn't say anything, can't really identify with any subject, I know she's silently judging everyone on how they dress and act, and generally feeling left out.
>That smug feels of turning the tables for once.
Of course she gets me to drive her home early, because she's "missing her hubby". And then proceeds to stay over our house instead of her new home with her husband.
>Little priss robbed me of a good night with new friends.

>> No.8987861

>missed my fitness goals so I can't cosplay Jasper
Goddammit,....

>> No.8987905
File: 436 KB, 3006x5344, otter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>con at the end of May
>might go to prison for burglary next month

Well shit, niggies. This may be my last con for a while.

>> No.8987962
File: 49 KB, 397x393, 1411752145629[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8984397
Force yourself into wearing them until you start enjoying it

>> No.8987968

>Dancing with idol anime Cosplayers from the masquerade to the rave.

Only thing better than sex.

>> No.8987981

>tfw no cute cosplay gf in the second biggest city in the world

>> No.8987987

>>8987905
>might go to prison for burglary

da fuq

>> No.8987994

>>8987905
Holy poop, dude.

I was mopey because my gf left me, but this really puts it in perspective.

>> No.8988028

>>8987593
omg anon I actually have a similar situation happening in my friend group.
>couple in my cosplay group breaks up after 2 years together
>don't want to make ex-gf feel bad by doing same group costumes we've been doing without other ex-gf who completes the group
>the other ex-gf is dating someone else in group by the next week
>no one is taking about it, can't bring these things up
>awkward as fuck
>whatdo.jpg

Just do your thing and try not to worry about their reaction as you just took photos and you aren't being malicious.
If you think there's a high chance for drama you could directly send the actual photos to the new couple directly before posting so that they can put them up and you'll be removed from the equation.

>> No.8988033

>>8987418

Bruh, that's some awful advice.

Liquid calories is a diet killer. They don't make you satisfied and people don't realize how many calories are in a small amount of liquid.

>> No.8988038

>>8987905
You're going to jail, and your biggest worry is fucking CONS??

>> No.8988041
File: 95 KB, 500x194, LE-mouching-fly-fishing-fish-with-legs[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8987792
>fish will run off.

>> No.8988060

>>8987083
I don't mean to be an asshole about this but his signals seem pretty damn straightforward to me. He asked you out and told you he wants to do more but isn't ready for it right now. I'm not sure how much less "mixed" he could get without tearing your clothes off and going to town on the spot.

Man, if that guy's signals come off as mixed, no wonder women I'm totally interested in have thought I wasn't interested in them in the past...

>> No.8988106

>>8988038
>be a con
>go to cons
win win :^)

>> No.8988161

>>8986982
Can't you just pay and print a label online and drop it off on your lunch break?

>> No.8988201

>>8987905
What did you burgle?

>> No.8988292

>>8988201
Bag of bullshit for my sun.

>> No.8988323

>>8988292
Your wife's son?

>> No.8988329

>>8988292
Solaire pls.

>> No.8988338

>>8987334
>>8987418
Thanks gulls. I've had therapy for depression in the past, and medication, worked through it all but I feel maybe the food thing is residual of that. I don't know if they'd let me back for more therapy or take me seriously, without going private which I can't afford. Perhaps I'll do some soul searching by myself. Those tips are really useful though and I'll definitely do that, so thanks.

>> No.8988375
File: 1.88 MB, 500x250, I'm Trash.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to go to the one that's coming up this month
>don't want to go alone
>to many people including former associates I don't want to run into will be there due to previous shitty endeavors
>although like going with my brother and his friends/fiance, I usually feel like the 3rd wheel, even then I don't like going on my own because it feel lonely
>feel like because I really don't keep up with or don't like much anime anymore, I'd be out of the loop and wouldn't be much for me to be interested in
>being able to actually shop online for stuff kinda takes the fun out of going to the dealer's room; which pretty much is the main reason why I go to cons
>feel very uncomfortable going to the raves
How do I make cons fun to go to again?

>> No.8988428
File: 50 KB, 408x439, 1458418303629.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8982112
>I never had an abusive person in my life so it can't be too bad right? it's just 1k lol

You are obviously spoiled, sheltered and rich to think that.

>> No.8988431

>>8988161
I had work to do around the house all day so I figured it would be easier to pick it up than to fight with postal lines on a Saturday morning.

>> No.8988485

>>8988428

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE CISCUM SHITLORD

>> No.8988554

Has anyone been successful in getting a partial refund on something you bought using paypal?

I'm >>8985898 anon, and I ended up asking for a partial refund, and the girl declined, saying that she's had no issues wearing it (after she said she'd never worn it?) and I'm realizing she knew it was made with glue. Would paypal be on my side here or am I fucked?

>> No.8988565

>>8988554
It did say how it was constructed in the ad? If its mentioned anything but glue, definitely, the product is defective. With the never worn, its for sure worth a shot. I'd say its about 50/50 whether you get anything but you might as well try.

>> No.8988567
File: 881 KB, 500x208, tumblr_nkae40E20Q1srd5g9o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Con at the end of the month
>need to fix up completely overgrown garden by the end of the month
>spent the last few weeks worrying about deadlines instead of actually working
>managed to do an insane amount of work on both projects this weekend without burning out
>starting to feel better about myself this morning
>actually excited about things again
I don't know why I was such a slump last month but I'm happy to be finally working through it.

>> No.8988887
File: 165 KB, 439x221, RaisingABat_Hate.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Work in the manga industry
>See someone ranting about something based on incorrect information
>Try to correct them as kindly as possible so not set them off
>"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?"
>Well, it's… my job…
>"Oh… well I guess you're just trying to make stuff up to cover your own ass!"
And if I don't tell them it's my job, they just assume I'm spouting shit. I don't want them perpetuating ignorance, but I don't know why I try when those are always the outcome. The worst part is half the time they talk about misconceptions I believed when I was a wee weeb. It's like trying to correct my own stupid, bull-headed, teenage self.

This one doesn't happen nearly as often, but it's happened enough to drive me crazy...
>Friend picks up a book. "What's this series? I've never heard of it…"
>"Oh, that's ____! It's really good! I recommend it!"
>"Did you work on it?"
>"Yeah!"
>"Then I'll pass. You're just pushing it to get more sales. It's probably garbage."
I'm honest when I recommend something. I legit think that some of the titles I work on are amazing. Others I work on… not so much. But I'll let people know my honest feelings! Plus, I don't get a bonus or something if I book I work on sells well. I get paid a flat fee per book. There's nothing I get from good sales except the happiness that other people are buying something I love.

I never thought that entering the manga industry would mean my opinions go from neutral to trash in people's minds.

>> No.8988889

>>8987905
Shit, son.

>>8988567
>Con at the end of the month

Momocon? I'm trying to stay in shape for that one, but the beefy crunch burrito is back at taco bell. It's hard, man.

>> No.8988906 [DELETED] 

>>8988889
Either way, your parents will still be disappointed in you.

>> No.8988933

>>8988906
All cosplayers know this. Don't care.

>> No.8988969

>>8988889
Nope, going to Acen.

>> No.8989006
File: 867 KB, 500x350, 1443752257706.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>always been quite confident with my body
>slender waist, decent butt and cute smallish perky boobs
>even considering doing some a skimpy cosplay of a character who wears a bikini top

>enter LDR
>we're at the point where we're sending each other sexy pics and now videos
>seeing myself in motion on a computer screen for the first time
>holy shit I'm hideous
>my shoulders are super wide and while my boobs are definitely perky, they're way too low on my torso
>I look like a male swimmer with half-empty bags of sand taped halfway down his chest

Goodbye skimpy cosplay plans, hello push up bras and layers!

>> No.8989064

>>8988887
I wonder if your "friends" aren't just jelly you're living the weeb dream. Like to say your opinion is trash is shitty even if they didn't exactly word it that way. Honestly if I found out my friend worked on something I would read it just to be supportive even if they admit it was bad, that would be so exciting.

>> No.8989067

>>8989006
Are you sure you aren't being hard on yourself? We tend to be our own worst critic.

>> No.8989202

>>8988887
Get new friends.

>> No.8989217

Man, I wish the cosplay comm in my area didn't suck. It's filled with assholes.

>> No.8989250
File: 324 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lz54vyLPgh1rn1630o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bought two things one week ago internationally
>one french seller, tries to scalp me on shipping (quoted me $15 then tried to charge me $24)
>says she'll ship out the next day and then never messages back
>one seller from Malaysia, very nice, ships out and gives me tracking number
>USPS tracking doesnt work on Malaysian packages, Malaysian post tracking is currently down for maintenance
>moving in a week
I don't have time for this shit

>> No.8989285

>>8989250
>Ordering stuff internationally two weeks before moving.
>Not using a trusted friend or family member's address instead.

You brought this upon yourself, you fool!

>> No.8989290

>>8988889
>have to look good for Acen
>depressed and binge eating

h-h-help.... m-me............

>> No.8989298
File: 75 KB, 800x450, 84132345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel like I'm giving up on life.
>lost job
>they still owe me 6k
>lost bf
>no idea what am I doing with my life
>hobbies somehow don't make me happy anymore
>all this makes me feel physically sick every day
>no real close friends in my town, old ones drifted away in life
>missed my fav con last summer because of my job, since then also lost all drive for cosplay or attending cons
>no friends to attend them with anyway, my current normalfag friends only make fun of me for it

I'm not sure what am I feeling anymore, it's as if I lost myself.

>> No.8989307

>>8988887
oh my god that's so exciting, can you tell us some of the titles you've worked on?

>> No.8989330
File: 19 KB, 250x250, 7ee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>unfriended by long time cosplay friend on fb as part of purge
>try friending back thinking it was a mistake
>it wasn't

>> No.8989339

>>8987905
Maybe you should have thought about that before breaking the fucking law like a retard. I fucking hate people who steal shit. Unless if the person is like some kind of mega richfag who wouldn't even notice the stuff you stole is gone you're just fucking some poor person over.

>> No.8989357

>>8989298
Please go see your doctor about your depression

>> No.8989504

>>8988060
Ill try to sum it up as best I can.
When we started getting to know each other I felt vibes he might be into me. He shared very personal info out of nowhere like being cheated by his previous couple. How they broke up and stuff without me even asking.

After I broke up with my bf he asks me out for that weekend but "forgets". Later admits his kids and their mother came to visit.
He also rarely initiates text combos and when we do text its like he doesnt know what a sentence is...

I would be convinced he is not into me if it werent for the fact Ive caught him staring at me and then try to play it cool; among other things.

But I guess its a waste of time, his life is a big fucked up mess at his 30s and Im here being successful in my 20s.
Stupid me and my weakness for overly fit men...
/rant

>> No.8989546
File: 37 KB, 301x769, WT_HeartsnLove.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8989307
Sure! I'm pretty much the bottom of the food chain, just a freelance letterer, but right my now titles include World Trigger, Goodnight Punpun, and Terra Formars.

>> No.8989556
File: 76 KB, 181x181, mikublush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>dude friend keeps asking for advice on how to "get laid" at cons
>like... I dunno, man. you're kinda doughy and moist. maybe just try to pick out the biggest whore there and see if you have a chance?
>NOOOOOO, he wants "wifey material"

What kind of stinky butt even goes to cons for that kind of activity?

>> No.8989558

>>8981852
Part of me really wants to be with this particular guy. Another part of me wants to find a cute girlfriend to wear lolita with. Decisions are hard man.

>> No.8989580

>>8989298
Ha

>> No.8989591

>>8989556
Why is get laid in quotation marks? Is it supposed to mean something besides having sex?

>> No.8989596

>>8989591
because i was quoting him.

>> No.8989597

>has a older brother
>said brother did a lot of shitty things to me, including sexual assaulting me when young (parents try to save face by settling within household)
>when he knew about my lolita hobby, he made fun of me and he threw my dress in the dumpster
>currently have a civilized relationship with him, no longer stays in the same household
>one day he told the rest of the family members that he has a crush on a girl
>shows us the picture of said girl
>I recognize the girl, she attended our local lolita comm meetup before

... I feel like saving the girl from my brother.

>> No.8989600

>grandma died
>con this weekend
>no granny to help with my dress

>> No.8989602

>>8989546
>Goodnight Punpun
luv you, anon, don't mind the haters

>> No.8989609

>>8988485
If that's your answer it's literally what I said then.

>> No.8989610

>>8989597
don't wait. do it.

>> No.8989624
File: 33 KB, 293x397, IMG_20160427_182651_-947181376.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Potsanon again. I felt like shit asking for a meet to not be at the zoo for ILD, but it's already in the 80s here and will only get hotter in a month (like over 100 degrees) I said it was okay if they went without me, but I still feel bad for asking. It's a small comm so it isn't like I asked for 20+ people to change their plans, and I keep trying to justify it to myself because lolita is my life. I guess I'm really bad at acknowledging that I have limitations

>trying to get cute compression tights covered by the VA so I can maybe do indoors walking stuff at meets. Already bought a basic pair, but they shipped UPS so it will take forever to get here.
>bought a fun water bottle so it doest feel like hell trying to drink enough

At least the shower stool is sweet freedom I guess.

>> No.8989643

>>8989610
I'm not close with her though, I'm not too sure where to start without being too aggressive or obvious. & she might not listen to me as well...

>> No.8989674
File: 24 KB, 406x312, Suspicious_4a230b_1175020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8989596
But why. Quoting "wifey material" makes sense because that's not a very common phrase and it shows that's what he actually said and you're not paraphrasing. But "get laid" is very well known and is pretty much universally agreed to have one meaning.

If you had, for example, posted it like
>friend keeps asking me "how do I get laid at cons?"
Those quotes would make sense but I just see no reason to take just those words out and still call them a quote.

>> No.8989782

>>8989643
so do nothing. let her learn the hard way.

>> No.8989858

>>8989504
If his life is a fucked up mess with kidsand all and he's in his 30s, it's only gonna be headaches for you. There are a ton of fit guys out there that have their life together, just get a gym membership or something honestly.

>> No.8989968

>>8989290

Whenever you feel like binge eating, slap yourself and stop. Gotta do something to break this cursed cycle.

>> No.8989982

>>8989290
I just eat fruit whenever I'm craving now. It's not as satisfying as a bag of chips but at least it's something, and it's sweet to boot

>> No.8989989

>>8989597
>>8989643
Well it's not like you're some random bitter ex, you're his sister. Have they actually started seeing each other, or is he just crushing from afar? I wouldn't say anything if he hasn't already initiated contact, because that would just make her paranoid.

>> No.8990191

>>8989556
>looking to get laid
>but not with some slut
>but once she puts out she becomes a slut
I thought the point of finding "wifey material" meant that she doesn't put out easily. Like, your supposed to take your time to get to know her. It's like a catch 22.
That being said I do know girls that go to cons without hotel reservations and purposely look for guys to spend the night with.

>> No.8990200

>>8989556
Don't hate on the time honored tradition of bumping uglies with strangers. Obviously don't expect action if your an ugo, but theres something great about going out of town and banging at a con. Plus cosplay sex is great.

>> No.8990220

>>8989290
When I have an unusual urge to just eat for no reason I stick to very low-calorie foods (like celery or carrots). Also, not being to afford junk food helps too.

>> No.8990293

>>8989290
>>8989968
Whenever you have a day where you eat well, mark the calendar. Be too stubborn to break the chain.

>> No.8990778
File: 48 KB, 777x976, 1459612843902.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is this true?

>> No.8990935

>>8989067

Gah, why is this. I mean I know the technical reason mostly, like you see yourself so much it's easy to pick faults.

But, like, it would be so much easier if I could just see an honest version of myself in the mirror.

>> No.8990947

>>8990191

Parachute woman, land on me tonight....

>> No.8991107

>>8989504
Ah yeah, that's a little bit less straightforward than the situation sounded.

As a guy who's about to turn 30 and has a big fucked up mess of a life, I'd like to root for him, but honestly it sounds like a whole bunch of trouble to me.

>> No.8991268

>>8989858
go away /fit/

>> No.8991332

>classes are over for the semester
>never talked to the guy in my philosophy class

>> No.8991364

>>8991332
But why did you not ask him out.

>> No.8992056

>>8989602
Aww, thanks.