[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 142 KB, 700x1363, f76bb50f01e22eb6ab46672904b6d2f8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8929530 No.8929530[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>>8904184 Old thread.

Discussion: What, in your opinion, are makeup products you should invest in and what can be done just as well by drugstore/midrange brands?

>> No.8929542
File: 57 KB, 980x490, nrm_1415370710-foundation-application-fingers-vs-brushes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8929530
I'd say get brushes, even if they're from the drugstore. Sponges are such a waste of product if you're using them to apply your foundation. I know some people use their hands to put foundation or eye shadow on too. Your hands are so dirty, please just buy a brush!

I've never use a beauty blender, so I can't give my opinion on those. I've heard they're good, though.

>> No.8929545

>>8929530
My personal opinion, and I'm far from a makeup expert, is this:
>SPEND EVERY DIME YOU CAN GETTING THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU
Foundation, lipstick, mascara, setting powder
>If can afford something nice do it
Eyeshadows, blush/bronzer, eyebrow color (pencil/powder/whatev), lip liner, concealer
>Be the cheap ass
BRUSHES, eyeliner, highlighter

>> No.8929555

>>8929545
>cheap brushes
>wanting things to blend like shit

>cheap highlighter
>wanting exaggerated pores and texture

also, lipstick at the drugstore is great, as well as mascara

your list is really off

>> No.8929559

>>8929542
Any tips for using a brush efficiently? It's not as bad as sponges but I feel like it still uses up too much foundation.

>> No.8929566

>>8929530
>Things that should go from midrange to expensive
Face primer, foundation, eyeshadow primer (I use UD's and it's amazing), lipstick (I usually don't need lipliner with the more expensive ones, but I do use a lip brush with all my lipsticks!) and a setting powder/face powder.
Also, when it comes to brushes - mine are more on the expensive side because I believe it saves me time because they pick up enough product and they can blend really well, but maybe invest in a more expensive blending brush and just buy cheaper application brushes?
I usually buy more expensive eyeliners too because I want them to be smudge-proof and waterproof and I also spend a bit more on under-eye concealers (I also combine that with eyeshadow primer which helps keeping the conceaer in place) because I don't want them to go into the wrinkles I have there...

>Things that can go from cheap to midrange
Eyeshadows, because as of today most are well-pigmented, except for black ones, and you can also use eyeshadows for your brows, as long ase there isn't any shine in them.
Usually I don't use lipliners, but I don't think they have to be super-expensive for them to be able to do their job properly, so I'll include them in this group along with blushers, bronzers, higlighters, mascara and concealers (if you have a good foundation and skin you shouldn't have that much need for concealer).

>> No.8929571

>>8929555
I did preface it with it being my personal opinion and not being a super expert. I appreciate your opinion, what's a good drugstore brand lipstick you like? I've had bad experiences with a lot of them.

>> No.8929589

>>8929530

>>Invest:
Primer, foundation, brushes, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner

I have oily, hooded eyelids so I always splurge on eye primer, shadow, and liner. Drugstore stuff just melts off for some reason. As for foundation, higher-end foundation usually has a better range of shades/undertones and finishes.

>>Cheap/Midrange:
Lipstick, lipliner, mascara, blush/bronzer, , eyebrow pencils

The quality of drugstore makeup has come a long way. I actually prefer most of my drugstore lipstick to the higher-end stuff. And there's no point in spending a lot on mascara when you have to toss it away so quickly.

>> No.8929617

>>8929559
I only use a very tiny bit of foundation, so I'm afraid I cant help you. Whatever is left over on my brush I just brush onto areas that don't need the same amount of coverage as other spots.

>>8929545
Personally I disagree with the eyeliner. I've noticed that it would always crease when I bought drugstore liner, whether it be liquid or gel. My drugstore eyeliner also got gross after a while, but that might've just been the brand.

>> No.8929641

>>8929530
I don't think anything really has to be expensive, but you need to know how to work with it. If you can, just buy everything from brands, they usually have a wide range of colors and undertones and you get some comfort while applying and wearing. I have some drugstore lipsticks that aren't bad, but I simply like MAC better.

>> No.8929651

>>8929559
Not the anon you're replying to, but apply your foundation onto your face/back of your hand/another surface basically, not onto your brush directly. Putting foundation onto your brush directly means that from the moment you put it onto your face, the foundation sinks back.

The exception is welled stipple-like foundation brushes. I prefer these but have yet to find a decently priced one that won't go soft. They're great because the bristles are kind of 'separated' and thus the foundation doesn't sink into the higher bristles, and if it sinks into the study bristles then it means you're pressing too hard.

>invest
Foundation, setting powder, eyeliner, eye primers, eyeshadows (I find that drugstore ones aren't ever pigmented enough)

>spend money if you have to, to get something that works
Brow gels, contour powder for people who are pale af like me, concealers and undereye brighteners, face primer because there are some pretty decent ones -- I like NP Set's primers -- and lipliner

>Buy cheap
Lipsticks (exception: the staple that is Ruby Woo), blushes, bronzers, brushes (wash and dry once before using to minimalise crazy shedding), mascara, oil-based makeup remover, brow pencils, lip gloss, false lashes.

>> No.8929655

>>8929571
milani has some really good ones if you can get over the sugary smell to them

also, it's not in stores but colorpop lippiesticks are my favorite. $6 each and if you buy more than $30 on the website shipping is free

>> No.8929682

>>8929571
Revlon have really nice lip products

>> No.8929811

>>8929542
>Your hands are so dirty, please just buy a brush!
Honestly, application techniques aside, I know far more women who wash their hands regularly than wash their sponges or brushes.
Tools are more hygienic if, and only if, you take the time to regularly clean and properly disinfect.
Otherwise sponges especially get far mangier than an average person's hands will be. A dampened beauty blender not properly cleaned and left to not dry fully before each use is a hotbed of bacteria.

>> No.8929900

>>8929811
Tangentially related, but a girl I knew in school had a makeup bag full to bursting that she carried with her every day, one day she left it in the classroom and was sick for a week so we looked through it. Turns out she hadn't tossed anything out ever, there were lipglosses and mascaras from when she'd started school years ago mixed in with new ones and everything was coated in powder and eyeshadow. Her brushes were right at the bottom and didn't look like they'd ever been cleaned either, none of us wanted to touch them just in case they turned out to be harboring tuberculosis or something. I swear one of them was furry with mold (she applied makeup with food crumbs on her face because foundation hides all, so it wasn't far fetched to think they were growing some new species of mold).
Moral of the story, wash your fucking brushes, holy shit. Wash your hands before you stick your fingers in makeup pots. Wash your makeup bag before it grows legs and runs away.
Also,
>Splash out
Foundation, primers and eyeshadows. Nude palettes are so useful and versatile, and there's no sense in getting a shitty cheap one when the pricey version will look better and last longer.
>Worth splashing out on but you don't have to
Blush, contour powder, concealer and tinted lipgloss, false lashes if you're looking for something comfy and natural to wear all day, brow stuff. Brushes, too, because the truly cheap ones can also be used as sandpaper and the truly expensive ones are just as efficient as the mid-tier brushes. Rub the bristles on your wrist or hand, if it's soft and firm it's good.
>Cheap is fine
Everything else, especially lipstick and clear gloss. Cheap mascara might not be the best but it's gonna be replaced too frequently for expensive ones to be worth it.

>> No.8929902

How do you guys remove your makeup? Sorry if that's a silly question. I recently got this waterproof eyeliner from nyx and the wipes I used to use won't remove it. I want to invest in better wipes and maybe an oil remover too but I have very sensitive eyes so I was wondering if people maybe have some recommendations.

>> No.8929920

>>8929902
I use an oil cleanser to get my eye+lip makeup off then wash the rest off with a foam cleanser.

>> No.8929921

>>8929542
the brush side looks so cakey.

>> No.8929927

>>8929902
I either use some Neutrogena wipes if I just need to wipe some light stuff off real fast, or Lush's 9 to 5 cleanser when I want to use something more effective. http://www.lushusa.com/9-to-5/9999903171,en_US,pd.html

>> No.8929949

>>8929655
I love Milani, and I actually really like the smell. NYX lip products are great but I'm not sure if they are still considered a drug store brand anymore.

>> No.8929973

How do you guys get brushes to not be so ... streaky?
Everytime I use won, whether it's me, a friend or even people at makeup places, It's always really streaky. ( I usually then use my fingers just to blur these out but I'm worried about it being not hygienic, I don't break out easily so I can't really tell that way.)

>> No.8929992

>>8929973
I used to use a MAC duofiber brush, then switched to a beauty blender. Never looked back.

>> No.8929995

>>8929992
Also I should mention, I use a LOT less foundation using the BB than I did with a brush.

>> No.8930011

>>8929902
Anon, just use baby oil to remove your makeup if you have sensitive eyes. Just be sure to wash it off with a cleanser after so there's no oil left.

>> No.8930027
File: 447 KB, 768x3285, gallery-1431360792-brushesfinal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8929973
I generally apply eyeshadow with one brush, then blend it with a different one. The all-over is the one I apply with, then I smooth everything out with the blending.

>> No.8930028

My luggage was stolen from my trunk today while on vacation so now I have to get new makeup, brushes, the whole shebang. I normally us a 1.0 with MAC's match master foundation and Ivory with Neutrogena's bb cream. I'm trying to look into other brands now since I might as well try something new. Any places that sell good bb cream or foundation that doesn't give me cake face? Setting powder as well. I have combination skin and I still get a sheen on my nose and cheeks even after using powder.

>> No.8930039

>>8930011
Baby oil clogs your pores, better use olive oil.

>> No.8930108
File: 3.33 MB, 1440x2238, Screenshot_2016-03-25-16-29-29-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I'm crossplaying a male anime character that's very feminine, and I think something like this would be a really accurate look for him. I know people usually freak out about certain uses of eyeliner, but would this be alright? And In having problems blending my contour well around my nose, I'm using a very light taupe shade and still it looks like harsh lines. Any advice for crossplaying those male characters that look more feminine?

>> No.8930116

>>8930039
Baby oil is mineral oil which is one of the most non-comedogenic oils out there. What are you on about.

>> No.8930136

>>8930108

I'm not expert but in my opinion it would look better if you used a less darker shade of black. Some soft brown eyeshadows to soften the edges, too.

As for the contour maybe do it with a lighter hand? Powder contour is usually easy to apply because you can build up the color. In your case sweep it as lightly as possible and add more as you see fit.

>> No.8930140

>>8930028
I'm really loving Holika Holika's Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream. It's very buildable and plays nicely with all my concealers and powders. I apply it with the included sponge applicator or a beauty blender and I've yet to get cakey.

I really like the Graftobian Pro Setting Powder, I use Skin Tone Light and I've yet to have a problem (beyond too much powder coming up with a brush, but I just tap it off, no problem) with it. It's a nice middle ground between a completely translucent powder and something that actually offers coverage. You also get a ton of product--I'm barely halfway trough my container and I've used it nearly five days a week for a year now.

>> No.8930145

>>8930108
I actually like this, but yeah your brows are way too dark and the black looks bad. Lighten up your brow color a bit and get brown eyeliner.

>> No.8930152

>>8930136
>>8930145
Thanks! I tried recreating it and I knew something was off. I'll try practicing with brown for a bit

>> No.8930432

>>8929542
I swear by using Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. It gives me a really nice natural airbrushed look & no other tools can give me such look. & so long you use it damp and apply your foundation on your face instead of directly on the sponge, it waste little to no product.

I own both the RT sponge & Beauty Blender so I can give you all a comparison between both.

>Real Techniques sponge
- Cheaper, so changing it will not hurt your wallet as bad as a Beauty Blender
- The texture of the sponge feels denser & softer than Beauty Blender, so the overall application feels more luxurious
- THAT FLAT SURFACE RIGHT THERE. It gives me such a nice finish that not even Beauty Blender is comparable to it

>Beauty Blender
- The sharp pointy part has a more acute angle compared to the Real Techniques sponge, so it's easier to blend out smaller areas
- It's faster to squeeze out excess water from the Beauty Blender as it's smaller in size

>> No.8930437
File: 71 KB, 1600x1600, Real-Techniques-by-Samantha-Chapman-Miracle-Complexion-Sponge-1-Sponge-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8930432
Ah, forgot to attach the image.

>> No.8930602
File: 46 KB, 512x512, chanelperfectionlumiere.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I purchased pic related recently and it's one of the best foundations I have ever used. The finish is amazing! Definitely gonna try the aqua version of this when it runs out.

The only issue I'm having to deal with is how to keep my foundation looking nice all day? It looks flakey by the end of the day.

My skin is combination so I can get an oily t-zone. I do walk a fair bit, so unfortunately my face also sweats easily. I have tried primers in the past but nothing has wowed me (maybe I'm using the wrong ones), and powders just make it look cakey after a few hours wear. I'm not needing to smooth out or cover pores, I just want my makeup to last.

Anyone with similar skin to me who can recommend what I should do? Do I just seriously need to re-apply my makeup throughout the day or am I missing something here?

>> No.8930608

>>8929973
I stipple with my brush rather than painting it on

>> No.8930638

>>8929902
Coconut oil! I'll use a qtip to just do around the eyes or I'll just use the oil cleansing method if I have a full face on

>> No.8930640

>>8929902
Anything waterproof can be removed with oil-based cleansers.

>> No.8930641

>>8929973
Brush on with one, blend with another, or use a beauty blender.

>> No.8930978

>>8930602
I have the same problem with this foundation. A moisturizing setting spray helps a little, but if I wear it for more than 4 hours it looks powdery. I just wear it for special occasions.

>> No.8931138

>>8929530
This thread is going to be my jam!

I think the best thing for anyone to invest in is a Beautyblender or a Real Techniques sponge. I personally prefer the BB because it lasts longer for me but both of the products work the same way for me. I can apply bronzer, blush, foundation, and concealer with either one of the sponges so the only brushes I had to buy were eyeshadow ones.

If you don't want to buy a BB or RT sponge, buy a good foundation brush if you use liquid foundation (I've only had luck with high end ones. Any other brushes from elf can take care of the rest.
Here is the important thing to note about sponges and brushes though when it comes to foundation. Some products work better with some brushes or sponges! Like my holy grail foundation brush works amazingly with my HG foundation but it doesn't work as well with my 2nd place backup foundation. Sometimes it's about finding the right products for the right tool but if I'm always in a rush, a BB does the job for me with any foundation.

I think that there are really great products at the drugstore now that there isn't really anything "worth it" to buy high end. I only buy mostly high end because I like the experience of using nicely packaged products and it's mostly a psychological thing. There are some great high end products, like Nars' Audacious lipsticks, but Revlon's Super Lustrous lipsticks are AMAZING and I'd put them on the same level as many of my high end lipsticks.

Remember, some products really do suck, but it can also all be about application!

And if you're trying to save money, NEVER EVER BUY HIGH END BLUSH.

I'm out!

>> No.8931142

>>8929559
It can depend on the brush so you'll have to post which brush you are using. I have really bad skin that needs tons of coverage but my It Cosmetics foundation brush only needs a quarter sized amount of foundation to cover my entire face and then some.

>> No.8931237

>>8929530
>Invest
Eyeshadow is pretty much the only thing I'd never buy cheap. Base makeup, whether foundation or BB/CC/etc, doesn't necessarily have to be a splurge but you should definitely spend time trying out different things to find The One. The same goes for finding your preferred type of eyeliner.
>Mid-tier
Lipstick, mascara, powder, primers
>Buy cheap
Lipgloss, it's hard to mess up and short lasting. Blush because it's meant to go on very sheer anyway. ELF brushes seem pretty good so far (I use them for blush and powder, and for eyeshadow the ones that came with Naked/Full Exposure palettes and some Sephora brand ones).

>> No.8931456

>>8931237
Is there a reason why you don't buy cheap eyeshadow? Is there a high end eyeshadow that you think is really worth it? As someone who used high and low end eyeshadow, they all seem pretty similar (outside of really bad ones that have no pigmentation).

>> No.8931493
File: 21 KB, 300x300, innisfree_no-sebum-mineral-powder.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8930638
Yeah, I also use coconut oil and I love it. Idk if it's just me, but I feel like it doesn't break my eyelashes as much as traditional makeup removers/makeup wipes.

Also, I'm running out of my "makeup forever HD powder" and I was wondering if pic related does a decent job (since it's really cheap)?
What setting powder do you guys use?

>> No.8931508

>>8931493
That powder is amazing. It's pretty much my HG.

>> No.8931535

>>8929530
Say what you want but I've tried all kinds of makeup and most high end stuff is pretty packaging with a semi-decent product. HE eyeliners are usually pretty great but almost everything else is so meh.

From the drugstore I've rarely had anything that wasn't an absolute disaster, the exception being eyebrow products (I didn't like Anastasia at all but Lumene, Bourjois, Pupa and IsaDora make some great pencils and gels - the Lumene Blueberry one is really annoying because of the cap brush but otherwise amazing).

For lip products I usually go Korean, I'm a big fan of their tints, glosses and balms.

My eyeshadows are usually mid-end. Most of my makeup nowadays is Innisfree and it wasn't even intentional.

>> No.8931559

>>8931493
That powder is really good, I use it all the time and it keeps my oily face in check for ages

>> No.8931853

What liquid foundation do you guys with dry skin use? I'm trying to find a new brand. I went to Ulta today and they were useless so I picked up bareminerals bareskin foundation but it looks disgusting on my dry zones.

>> No.8931888

>>8931853
I have a lot of dry patches and like to use It Cosmetics' CC cream or Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24H with a Beauty blender. I recommend that you get foundation samples from Sephora and try different methods of application like using different brushes or sponges.

>> No.8931914

>>8931853
>>8931888
seconding the IT cosmetics CC cream

my fucking holy grail

>> No.8932003
File: 20 KB, 500x322, 0e7fe07fc19bbf453f3714a0749d37b9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8930152
I also really like it. The shape you did for the eyeliner is really perfect for Link.(It is Link right?) I say try a brown as well, but depending what you're doing the black maybe fine? It maybe just harsh close up, but from a distance it maybe fine or for photos. I've found for when I crossplay feminine boys to look more boyish the most transforming contour is right under the eyebrow and down the nose. It kind of looks like you've already done that, so that's more of my tip to try out while you're experimenting.

>> No.8932008

>>8930028
From the drugstore I really like L'oreal Infallible BB and LA Girl Cosmetic's BB, neither give me cake face. The L'oreal is more full cover, LA Girl is a sheer to medium coverage that's easy to build up. I also like Nyx's BB, which is on the sheer and dewy side but nice for everyday. I'm about the same color as you, maybe slightly paler, and all three of these have shades that suit me. That sucks about your luggage, anon. I hope you didn't lose anything to valuable!

>> No.8932011

>>8932008
Thank you! I'm going to try these out tomorrow for sure. Thankfully the only things I lost were my makeup and a weeks worth of clothes. Expensive clothes but clothes nonetheless.

>> No.8932014

>>8931138
I totally agree with you both about finding the right brush/application method to use with different products and about high end blush. Just go for Milani or Wet & wild blushes.

>> No.8932039

>>8930039
Mineral oil clogging pores is a myth that started because of a dubious study in the 1970s on shaved rabbit skin, not human skin.

Mineral oil or petroleum jelly is not going to clog your pores unless you happen to have petrochemical allergies or sensitivities.

Baby oil can be an issue for some people, but usually it tends to be because of the fragrance inside the oil, not the oil itself.

The best option is wood oil. It's plain mineral oil without any fragrance (used on wooden cutting boards in cooking, as any fragrance can affect the taste of food).

>> No.8932201

>>8931493
Innisfree and Etude House No-Sebum/Zero Sebum powders worked pretty well, but their packaging causes a ridiculous amount of spillage. I went through the Etude House one in just a couple of weeks.

I like the Skinfood Buckwheat in Translucent.

>> No.8932247

>>8931508
>>8931559
Gonna buy it! I'm curious to see the result on my skin since it's quite oily around my nose.

>>8932201
I will definitely check the "Skinfood Buckwheat" powder

>> No.8933803
File: 68 KB, 725x545, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm going to have to part with my tweezer sometime soon and I'm interested in seeing if there is a specific brand/kit I should get?

>inb4 tweezerman because I don't have the money for that

>> No.8933845

>>8933803
I can't help you anon but that cake dog is making me lose my shit, thank you I needed that

>> No.8933850

>>8933803
You can get Tweezerman at Marshalls, Ross or TJ Maxx, dude.

>> No.8933966
File: 47 KB, 460x460, L_g0050828135.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8932201
Anon can I ask if you (or any other anon's) ordered direct through Etude House? Did you have any trouble ordering? I'm having real trouble paying for my order, I tried to pay with paypal but it said an error occured. Everytime I press reorder nothing happens. I shot them an email but no reply after two days.

Mfw I just want cute eye shadow palettes...

>> No.8933997

Any good alternatives to the Stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner in dark brown? It's absolutely amazing when just out of the package, but always dries out on me in a little over a month to the point where there's hardly any pigmentation and it smudges as soon as I blink. It's happened three times now and I'm getting sick of spending €20 on eyeliner every six weeks.

>> No.8934042

>>8933966
Nope.. I went through RoseRoseShop.

>> No.8934164

I've asked my friends to get me toofaced's sweet peach for me for my birthday but it's not getting released for awhile in Australia so can anyone give me a review first?

>> No.8934170
File: 58 KB, 736x624, 72809e30c2a5d27140d46a49e0b25fbc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8930108
Link isn't an anime.
Good job on the eyes though.

>> No.8934214

>>8933997
Clio Kill Brown/Black eyeliner gets good reviews pretty consistently.

>> No.8934262

>>8933850
That I didn't know: I'll keep my eye out for that

>> No.8934308

>>8929530
Does anyone have anymore lip tutorials like this saved? And any eyeshadow stuff sort of like this, too if its not too much of a bother to ask?

>> No.8934462

>>8934164
All of the reviews of it I've seen have been really, really bad. You're better off just getting a neutral palette and some singles that are similar to the colors you like in it.

>> No.8934611

>>8934214
Looks promising! Thanks anon, I'll check it out.

>> No.8934922

>>8933803
I got Tweezerman because of all the hype and it's actually not that great. I got a pair of tweezers from my local Korean market and they work much better than my Tweezerman ones (and cheaper!)

>> No.8934925

>>8933997
If you get the Clio one, get the brush tip, not felt. Also if you get a pen liner, it's pretty inevitable that it dries up quickly.

>> No.8935169

>>8933966
buy them on ebay or over a site like tester korea/korea depart, you'll get the same price and it'll be easier to understand/use the website. never buy kcosmetics from a western site though, like sephora, you'll get ripped off bigtime

>> No.8935182
File: 130 KB, 500x335, tumblr_o2fde6suXB1rrhssio10_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8934922
Thanks anon!

>> No.8935241

>>8931888
Thanks anon! I went to Sephora today to try a few different ones on. We found some great moisturizer and tried it with the Lancome Tient Idole and it feels/looks really good so far. I got a bottle because I'm taking off for a trip this week and needed something asap. Here's hoping it continues to work well. They didn't have that CC cream. I've never used CC cream, is the coverage pretty sheer?

>> No.8936613

>>8934042
>>8935169

Thanks for the info and advice anons. They actually got back to me early this morning (I'm in the UK). They were very helpful and understanding, good customer service, it just took them a while, which I guess was partly down to the different time zones.

>> No.8936751

I just got lash extensions for the first time, and I love them! Anyone have tips for making them last longer? So far I have, 1) Don't rub, 2) Limit hot showers, 3) Don't get them wet in the shower. If there's anything else, I'd love to hear it. Especially if it pertains to makeup application and removal.

>> No.8936767

>>8936751
don't get them again

>> No.8936788

>>8936751
i've seen people with sensitive eye skin been recommended a certain makeup removal trick for the eyes. Basically, take your make up remover of choice, add to cotton pad, press gently on eyelashes, let soak for as long as is needed (they say 30s, but i've found i usually need longer), then wipe.

>> No.8936817

>>8934462
>all the reviews I've been seeing are really bad
I've only seend good reviews, where are you looking?

>> No.8937421
File: 51 KB, 500x452, 1440887923686.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8934308
this is the only one i have saved, sorry anon

>> No.8940704

Has anyone here ever used makeup from Physician's Formula? I'm starting to get curious about the brand because some of their items (like the foundations) are labeled as non-comedogenic and also have high spf. They make so much stuff though, it's hard to pick through everything.

>> No.8941195

>>8940704
I use their under eye concealer, its pretty good.

>> No.8941369
File: 88 KB, 500x350, 1fb7fabc-ab30-440d-8e6d-8a4ffe66a833.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8935169
>tfw Australia.
>Korean cosmetics are suddenly popping up everywhere.
It's the same price or cheaper to walk into a store and buy whatever I need, rather than order from RoseRose and pay for shipping (unless you're putting in a huge order, of course.)

It's wonderful.

>> No.8941375

>>8941369
Be free and beautiful, you wonderful cunts. No longer shall you fear the oppressive grasp of the overpriced American cosmetics jew.

>> No.8941424
File: 40 KB, 500x500, tumblr_mv6fp2iACe1r7yo3ko1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8934308
This one is pretty similar

>> No.8941426
File: 139 KB, 440x694, tumblr_mpo7mhkUgZ1sxrhw6o3_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

doing a small dump

>> No.8941427
File: 293 KB, 500x483, tumblr_n6x9bfHrix1s95595o1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8941426

>> No.8941428
File: 38 KB, 318x490, tumblr_mx63wojYjW1r204j8o1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8941427

>> No.8941429
File: 30 KB, 447x350, tumblr_lt88my0Ef51r27uxgo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8941428

>> No.8941430
File: 62 KB, 433x560, tumblr_ms38vlqpPX1sxfgufo5_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8941429

>> No.8941432
File: 172 KB, 500x322, tumblr_mtwrpnKCif1sk0n2fo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8941430

>> No.8941433
File: 178 KB, 441x750, tumblr_ms38vlqpPX1sxfgufo2_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8941432

>> No.8941434
File: 55 KB, 480x309, tumblr_mjx8yqOQhb1rxwpllo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8941433
end dump

>> No.8941477
File: 1.52 MB, 2445x2057, color ref.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8929542
brushes work well with thin-textured foundations and compact creams in my experience.

if you have very dry/flaky skin a brush will only make the flakiness worse whereas a sponge/bb will not have as much of an "exfoliating" effect esp if you're using gentle patting motions.

As for brushes, determine what your needs are and buy in sets, as HQ as you can afford. Not all cheap brushes are necessarily of poor quality, Elf's studio line is constantly raved about for example. There's HQ synthetic eye brushes if you prefer cruelty free goods. Synthetics tend to get stiffer with more washes while natural bristles do the opposite but as far a performance goes, natural bristles don't deposit that much more color than a good, densely packed synthetic imho.

MAC and other mainstream brushes are way overpriced. And I've heard that MAC's holiday brush sets are inferior quality to the permanent line.

This is entirely subjective but my concerns are skin discolorations and breakouts as well as pores and flakiness. I've yet to find a drugstore foundation that agrees with my skin.

>Products that I'd be willing to splurge on
Foundation, concealer
>Products that are much better quality at higher price points, especially if you prefer a wider range of colors/finishes

>lip products, especially lipsticks. blushes,contouring powders, generally anything that's applied over large areas of the face falls into this category

>products that are of good quality and easily found at drugstore pricepoints

>eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, lip gloss

I hope I didn't ramble on too much~

>> No.8941482
File: 646 KB, 1400x2080, O9Cfd - Imgur.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8941434
>tfw they discontinued these palettes
;-;

>> No.8941542

Hey guys! A few questions here. Okay so, Ive found I Ave to mix two foundations together after my beach trip recently, and I found that the coverage is a little too heavy for me, I like a medium coverage usually. I heard mixing moisturizer in with them helps but I'm not sure if that's a myth or not.
Also any good skin care recomendations? I recently bought nexoma deep cleansing cream and got some essential oils as a gift. I'm wondering how you guys get your skin to clear up fast, anything is welcome as long as it's not expensive.

>> No.8941556

Do any anons have tutorials to make eyes look more droopy/tired/downset. The only thing I can find is makeup for people with that kind of eyeshape doing other makeup styles.

>> No.8941640

>>8941542
Mixing in a moisturiser does help sheer out your foundation! I've done it a lot myself. Alternatively you could could try finding BB cream that matches your current shade, it might be a hassle but I appreciate any SPF I can get.

As for skin care, there's already a skincare thread here >>8922140 with a decent amount of info. Skim through a bit and find out what your exact skin type and concerns are. It'll help you with asking stuff and finding info.

>>8941556
I'm looking through my folders for tutorials now, but try softly lining/ shading the bottom outer corner of your eye. I hope that made sense? If its too soft you can increase the intensity.

>> No.8941684

>>8930108
your nose contour is way to harsk and wide and it makes the whole thing look like a closet crossplay that every yaoi phase teeny bopper does
fix the contour man for your own sake, don't just use dark eyshadow

>> No.8941765

>>8930108
You're contouring your nose wrong shape wise. Should be thinner/straighter. Tap excess product off too.

>> No.8941945

>>8941429
Does how you put on your eyeliner actually affect how your eyeshape appears? I'm probably retarded but I don't see much of a difference in these.

>> No.8942421
File: 47 KB, 500x400, freckles-removal-cream.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I didn't want to start my own thread for this, do you guys have any suggestions for fake freckles? I've never tried it before, and I'd like to make it as natural as possible. What kind of products would you suggest using?

>> No.8942471

>>8942421
Powder foundation and contact solution. Splatter it on with a toothbrush.

>> No.8942496

>>products i think are worth an investment
bb creams, eyeliner (liquid only), primer, a good eyebrow product, brushes

my face/skin type : oily skin/ pale skin tone/ cool tone/large pores/kinda mono eyelids

>>BB Cream/face stuff
bb cream or a cc cream is a must, if you're on the pale side. i think its worth a 13AUS dollar investment (CLIO smallface is fab or Holika Holika petit jelly bb cream 13AUD)

i would invest in a tony moly face puff cushion thing (around 3AUD) and pat the product on your face, or smooth it over with your fingers using the heat from your fingers to evenly distribute the product, then go over and pat in with the cushion for more coverage as well as getting rid of any finger marks on your face. after that dries go over with a translucent powder, then pat that powder down over extra oily areas

>>eyeliner (waterproof)

if you have oily skin, you're gonna have to pat some eyeshadow over your liner anyway because it'll melt off if you dont. i usually buy whatever pencil liner but with liquid eyeliners i liked CLIOs killwear liquid eyeliner, but a cheaper dupe of that is Etude house "oh my eyes" eyeliner (6AUD)

>>eye primer

i really like urban decays primer potion, because i have oily af skin and my eyes water quite a bit

a good dupe of that is Etude house Proof10 eye primer (7.50AUD). i heard the too faced shadow insurance was good, got it and it was shit. i might of accidently bought a fake though, not too sure.

>>Brushes
sponge applicators are good at packing in a lot of one color. if you dont want that put down the sponge applicator. i got a set of brushes on ebay, but they weren't the best quality, they did the job but the hairs would fall off.i heard e.l.f have decent brushes but for cheap dupes i love NYX, they have brushes that i've heard good things about. I have a few m.a.c brushes i use that are fine, but i think they're really over priced.
>>eyebrows
angled liner brush, brown eyeshadow. get some primer on there.

>> No.8942501

>>8941945
follow the shape of your eye and manipulate it, like my eyes naturally shape downwards, but when i draw my top liner i use my eyebrows as a guide. i just sorta aim for the end corner of my eyebrow and they turn out even (eyebrows gotta kinda be even for this tho)

>> No.8942504

>>8942471
>>8942421
I can personally vouch for this method. I use it all the time and it gives the most natural looking freckles I've been able to create

>> No.8942511

>>8930108
try applying the contour closer to the middle of your nose,just a tiny bit and blend out. i have a cream matte eyeshadow i use for my nose contouring and i apply it a bit more closer to the middle and blend out

>> No.8942577

>>8936751
Eye liner is damn difficult and you'll have to choose between tight lining and lash longevity, because either putting it on or taking it off will cause friction on your lashes. For makeup, don't use oil based remover. When you take your eye makeup off soak the cotton pad, hold it on your eyelid but not on your lash line then wipe gently and don't catch your lashes at all.
Don't be afraid to clean your lash extensions though since eyeshadow powders and makeup will get caught. I let mine get wet in the shower (you have to give the glue 48hrs to cure, but after that getting wet isn't the end of the world) but not with direct pressure from the shower head, I splash it on my face. Then let them air dry and comb them out, otherwise cool blow dry (not warm) on low airflow holding the hairdryer about a foot from your face. Warmth, friction and humidity are the enemy of extensions

>> No.8942635

>>8942496
Innisfree eye primer is a good dupe of the udpp and doesn't come in a retarded-ass bottle like etude house

>> No.8942653

>>8936751

God my supervisor had those eyelash extensions and for at least a week I thought she had crazy fucking genetics until someone else came in with them.

Now I want them.

>> No.8942773

>>8940704
I bought a lot of their line of make-up and most, if not all of it is pretty good.

I am not into make-up much but just use it when I wear lolita but I have problem making my make-up look matte. I have an oily face but I do daily routines to control it and use mostly Physician's Formula when I do make-up. What are some tips and tricks I can use to make my make-up look less shiny and more matte?

>> No.8942788
File: 46 KB, 550x550, rosy beige.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alright anons, I've been looking for a cushion as an alternative to a regular old BB cream. Has anyone used them before who can recommend a cool-toned cushion? All of them look really yellow-toned (like usual with paler stuff) and I have a harder time finding facial makeup that's light enough and also pink/cool. I'm looking at Etude House's Precious Mineral Any Cushion in Rosy Beige rn, has anyone tried it before? I'm worried Light Beige will be too yellow despite it being listed as a neutral. (I've noticed a lot of 'neutral' tones always look yellow, to me anyways).
I have combination oily/dry skin (forehead/nose/areas of my cheeks have light flaking) but I'm trying to keep up with my routine! Would this product work or show off the little bits of flaking? I'd attach a photo of my skin tone but it's currently night and indoor lighting makes me look super warm/yellow. Thanks for any help! http://www.etudehouse.com/index.php/precious-mineral-any-cushion.html

>> No.8942791

>>8942504
Any pics?

>>8942788
Let me know how this goes. I'm interested in using a cushion, but I'm very pale and also cool pink toned.

>> No.8942815
File: 174 KB, 720x540, 7fb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8942788
>>8942791
ugh plebs

>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10rIzdcmFJIchI4lInueCkkIk1aSu8W8NUgeXCqj3rqg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cb4YeAVrOBCMUGl5OVNSN5pZ6xGJl8DVb4pnbdcfdfg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
>https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/wiki/sellers
>https://web.archive.org/web/20150423163535/http:/animalrightskorea.org/bad-science/korean-cruelty-free-cosmetics.html
and if you search around you can find swatches as well

These questions pop up in every thread and there's still people moaning how they're LIKE, THE PALEST PRINCESS all the time. Can we sticky this or something? I can't even count how many times I've told people to check r/AsianBeauty yet people would rather humblebrag about their skin tone and be lazy. If it were such a huge problem for you, you'd google it and find out.

>> No.8942846

>>8942815
Contain the salt, anon. I googled around for this particular cushion, all swatches are for the yellow as shit ones, not rosey beige. I checked innisfree, laneige, and another brand or two I knew had cushions before coming to ask. No reviewers I've seen have bought the pink one. I'm not saying I'm ~the palest princess ever~, just that I'm light and looked to /cgl/ for guidance like I do for skincare stuff. I'll check the links thoroughly when I'm not on mobile.
>sorry for slight salt, I'm tired

>> No.8942881

>>8942773
Do you already use a setting or mattifying powder over your foundation? Also, a matte face primer or using foundation for oily skin helps.

>> No.8943131
File: 175 KB, 836x1076, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8942791
Here's a picture of the freckles I did! They give a really nice natural look, in my opinion. I'm on mobile so the photo will probably wind up on its side urgh

>> No.8945023

I'm a dumb bitch and my cat scratched my face today. What is the best way to cover it up (I have classes this week) and what is the best way to help it heal as fast as possible? I have one of those NYX concealer palette thingies. Put the green down and then how do I proceed? I have liquid foundation and some concealer and some setting powder. I know that physically the shape is still gonna be there until it heals but I don't care about that, I just don't wanna walk around looking like I just got into a gang fight.

>> No.8945025 [DELETED] 

>>8945023
>I'm a dumb bitch
it's okay anon, we all know

>> No.8945027 [DELETED] 

>>8943131
are you 30?

>> No.8945053
File: 1.43 MB, 386x286, 1439207613609.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8945025
>>8945027
Don't acknowledge these posts or mine. Continue with the thread topic as normal!

>> No.8945061 [DELETED] 

>>8945053
that girl seriously looks 30+

>> No.8945213 [DELETED] 

>>8945061
you're a fucking retard then. She looks maybe mid 20s max

>> No.8945220 [DELETED] 
File: 26 KB, 436x333, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8945213
>max
I appreciate you, Anon

>> No.8945223 [DELETED] 

>>8945213
you're the retard if you can't see her sagging skin anon

>> No.8945439 [DELETED] 

>>8945213
Stop. Replying.

>> No.8950312
File: 106 KB, 595x394, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

KAWAII pateen just did yet another blackface makeup tutorial

>> No.8950326

>>8945023
Wouldn't putting makeup on a wound cause infection...?

>> No.8950343

>>8950312
jeeeez that's dissapointing.
Just had a look at it, the comment they made back to some users poitning out its blackface was suuuper rude.

>> No.8950348

>>8950312
sad thing is Pikarin was probably mimicking the "bronzy glow" of deep skin but ruined it by adding way too much mica ladden powder looks like

why even upload such a shitty tutorial. Pikarin isn't even all that knowledgeable about makeup application, i don't understand.

>> No.8950349

>>8950348
>eek

KAWAII PATEEN 51 minutes ago
+Pailin 98 They are already here. I guess they need a real blackface makeup tutorial to understand the difference, let's do that! ;)

whoever is running the Youtube fucked up with that.

>> No.8950356

>>8950312
>>8950343
>>8950348
Wait, I think I'm missing something, where's the blackface?

>> No.8950366
File: 925 KB, 1440x2560, 2016-04-07 07.28.45.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hoo boy

>> No.8950367

>>8950366
I'm dumb. I didn't see >>8950349 's post. Pardon me

>> No.8950373

>>8950356
I'm not seeing it either.

>> No.8950613

>>8950366
kek that reply

>> No.8950618

>>8950356
>>8950373
she made her face a shit ton darker to look like a BLACK celebrity

this is literally blackface

>> No.8950747

I'm a boy who has never touched make up in his life. I want to do crossplays, any advice on where to start when it comes to acquiring makeup and tools?

>> No.8950751

>>8950618
No it isn't
You obviously don't know what blackface means

>> No.8950755

>>8950349
>fucked up
naw, that was the perfect response.

>> No.8950756

>>8950751
??? But it is

If you're going to say something about blackface needing to have negative intentions behind it then for the love of god don't

It doesn't matter what intention was behind it, it's still blackface

If I did a makeup tutorial styled after Kyary Pamyu and focused on changing my eye shape it would be yellow face. The tutorial has her darkening her skin to imitate a black celebrity, hence = blackface.

>> No.8950827

>>8941426
I thought those lips were assholes for a second when I saw the thumbnail.

>> No.8950867

>>8950751
I'm pretty sure you're the one with the misunderstanding of what black face is

doesn't have to have malicious intent, the person who wears blackface can be a total idiot and do it in ignorance like pikarin did

>>8950827
what assholes are you looking at that are shaped that way???

>> No.8950881

>>8950756
>>8950867

Tumblr go back.

>> No.8950922
File: 94 KB, 310x310, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what eyelashes would you guys recommend for cosplay? Mainly looking for western brands.

>> No.8951059

>>8950881
Slide your head out of your ass. It isn't tumblr- the literal fucking definition of blackface/etc is making yourself darker and such to look "black". That's literally it. Tumblr has nothing to fucking do with it.

>> No.8951065

>>8950867
>>8951059
'No'
>blackface performers used burnt cork and later greasepaint or shoe polish to blacken their skin and exaggerate their lips, often wearing woolly wigs, gloves, tailcoats, or ragged clothes to complete the transformation. Later, black artists also performed in blackface

She's not doing any of that
Now go be a rabid SJW elsewhere

>> No.8951066

>>8951065
She is literally painting her face to look like a black person. how dense are you?

>> No.8951068

>>8951065
black·face
ˈblakfās/
noun
noun: blackface; noun: black-face
the makeup used by a nonblack performer playing a black role.

History =/= Current. Things can be used in a current context too, you complete retard.

>> No.8951077

>>8951065
give up, anon. This board is already overrun by tumblr sjw, there's no point in arguing

>> No.8951080

>>8951077
Don't defend yourself- it's sad.

>> No.8951082

>>8951077
it is literally blackface. does this mean we're ready to damn KP? no

but we are stating a fact that it is blackface

calm your tits

>> No.8951094

>>8951077
I know I won't change their mind but it's really funny when they get on their soapboxes and unleash their autism. I've seen it happen irl, it's deliciously cringeworthy.
>>8951082
>>8951080
I don't believe you

>> No.8951097

>>8951094
you're the one who's sounding legit autistic. we aren't being SJW's we're stating the simple fact this is black face

I personally think it's hilarious, but it LITERALLY blackface

>> No.8951098

>>8951094
>I don't believe a very blatant obvious fact.
Are you like that lady who told my spouse that she didn't believe in fine print? Because I think you are. It's cringy to watch you defend yourself when the rest of the damn thread is telling you that you're a fucking moron. None of this is "sjw", it's literally "but that's what the word's definition in a modern sense literally MEANS".

>> No.8951099
File: 1.03 MB, 250x249, pbqiLgY.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8951080

Believe it or not not all of us agree with this SJ wankery.

>> No.8951102

>>8951099
>SJ wankery
Yet, you're the only retard who thinks of it like that.
It's black face. Give it up.

>> No.8951115

>>8951102
>>8951098
>>8951097
Prove it.

>> No.8951116

>>8951115
burden of proof lies on you, buddy. you are making a claim most people are telling you you're retarded for

>> No.8951122

>>8951115
????????????
>black·face
>ˈblakfās/
>noun
>noun: blackface; noun: black-face
>the makeup used by a nonblack performer >playing a black role.

There's also a modern day example area on that wiki article you quoted.
There is literally nothing to prove. It's black face. Burden of proof is your's to prove now, we've given you literally everything there is. A pre-schooler could understand this.

>> No.8951127

>>8951116
>>8951122
No I'm not though? There's more than one person disagreeing with you rn lmao

>> No.8951128

>>8951127
>No I'm not though?
No you're not what? That makes no damn sense.

>> No.8951132

>>8951127
stop stalling and give some proof, our side of the argument did

or you could shut the fuck up and stop embarrassing yourself

>> No.8951138

>>8951128
>>8951132
>angry SJW tears
You sound mad, it's probably why you won't provide any actual links and instead just keep copypasting and editing out things you disagree with

>> No.8951140

>>8951138
https://www.google.com/search?q=black+face+define&oq=black+face+define&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2551j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Google work for you? I literally typed in BLACK FACE DEFINE and got the fucking answer, you idiot. Prove your end.

>> No.8951143

>>8951138
>SJW

I've already stated I find it funny she did blackface, not sure how that makes me SJW

>> No.8951144

>>8951138
It's striking me as remarkably sad that anything you disagree with, no matter how asinine you look, is suddenly SJW anger. You're a moron.

>> No.8951155

>>8951140
Now open Google images and look at the illustrations of the definition? But thanks for proving my point, literally all definitions specify minstrelsy, try harder to get offended next time

>> No.8951167

>>8951155
Because those are HISTORICAL EXAMPLES YOU COMPLETE RETARD. NO ONE IS SJW HERE, YOU'RE JUST STUPID.

>> No.8951179
File: 20 KB, 620x625, Son-this-is-bait.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is everyone responding to the race bait. Just stop.

>> No.8951184

>>8951167
Shh calm down Anita :)

>> No.8951253

>>8933966
I did a big haul around christmas from the actual etude house store but I used my card to perhaps try that if paypal keeps fucking around

>> No.8951257

>>8951122
>>8950867
>>8950756
>?????????????????????????
Someone take the tumblr away.