[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 88 KB, 480x270, giphy-facebook_s.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8795024 No.8795024[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I need to feel, /cgl/

>find dream dress on lm
>it's the cheapest I've ever seen it
>husband and I run big expenses by each other, including lolita
>take 2 minutes to tell him about it
>he okays it
>come back to computer
>dress is sold
>crying literal tears

>> No.8795077
File: 34 KB, 500x500, temmie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Dream dress set up for sale on mbok
>Has the money for it
>Also has to pay for books for university
>No idea how expensive they'll be until first day when gets the lists
>Dem unsure feels

>> No.8795078
File: 16 KB, 173x80, 1448469668894.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> commission ita phone case to match my bag
> break phone
> phone is so old im not able really able to buy it again

>> No.8795082

>>8795024
That sucks. Maybe you and your husband can work out an emergency fund for events like that that don't need clearance to pull from? I feel you though my husband and I are the same.

>> No.8795097

I'm eating dog food right now

>> No.8795098

>>8795077
you need cooleg, anon

>> No.8795129
File: 84 KB, 434x353, 3133431_1358634655262.0res_434_353.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Let a 'friend' bring her dog over so she wouldn't have to spring for boarding
>She lied about how trained she was
>Big Shepherd attacked my pembroke twice and tore a hole in the apartment rug I have a security deposit on
>Given 60 bucks for damages and told what an awful friend I am before being blocked from everything
>Constantly feel like shit because I let that happen

>> No.8795139
File: 84 KB, 961x391, crymyselftosleep.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Never forget. Have been wanting this dress so bad, I still cry over missing this.

>> No.8795160

>got into the habit of loaning out my lolita to friends
>one dress gets torn, had to sell it
>looking through my closet
>pull out a bolero that I personally have never worn, but have loaned out
>stains
>like at least two 1 inch stains, and one 3-4 inch stain
>on a white bolero
>and that's how I became a bitter angry bitch who won't loan out anything fuck you kids

>> No.8795177

>>8795160
I put together a coord for a trusted friend once who wanted to try out lolita. Got my white AP purse back with a big blue pen mark on it and could never get it out. No matter how much I trust people, I won't loan stuff out either, anon.

>> No.8795208
File: 1.73 MB, 300x147, 1442322013839.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My boyfriend of three years' family is all over for the holidays and his mum just took them all on a long weekend vacation to a nearby island.
She invited his sister's boyfriend - Of roughly a year, who decided after a week to just move himself into their house and mooch off of them with absolutely zero respect for their property. They recently caught him smoking in her room when there's a strict no-smoke policy indoors.

She specifically pushed me out.

I don't really know what the fuck her sudden problem is, nor do I care, but I'm feeling such a surreal, disconnected kind of a feel at just.. Watching my boyfriend have a holiday by himself. He only has time to get online to say hello and good night right before bed, and I'm sitting here looking at the photos he's uploading.
We've only been away together since we've been dating and it just feels so bizarre.

>/cgl/ related. Uhh. I've had a whole bunch of commissions already and 2016 is looking like a really hopeful year!

>> No.8795215

My sister loved my first JSK and I promised myself I'd buy more to show her so we could gush over the details together. She died suddenly very shortly after that, before I had the chance to show her my first coord or buy another dress. The day I found out I spent hours crying in my room alone before I picked myself up to get dressed and clean myself up. The first thing I saw in my closet was that dress and I completely lost it again. I've worn lolita once since it happened for a friend's birthday party. I can't bring myself to wear anything lolita related, I can't even touch that dress without falling apart. It's been 6 months and I keep thinking about buying things she'd have loved knowing that I would never be able to wear them.

>> No.8795219

>>8795098
If the books cost the same as last semester I'll have the money for both and won't even need 75% of the books anyways, I just really don't like being so unsure about my finances.

>Why couldn't the auction be 7 days instead of 3

>> No.8795222

>>8795024
I know that feel. What dress was it anon? We can help you find another one.

>> No.8795223

>>8795024
What was it? I saw one yesterday that I think i have seen someone post in the dream dress thread, would have emailed them but they haven't posted lately

>> No.8795271

>>8795215
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a sister and you should just take all the time you need to grieve. I feel that if you do start to wear lolita, she would be so happy to see you in a coord, and us gulls will be here to support you.

>> No.8795341

>>8795222
>>8795223
It was Haenuli's Stained Glass of St. Giles. I've never posted in the dream dress thread anon, but thanks for keeping your eye out.

>> No.8795367

>plan all these fun couple cosplays with my girlfriend
>mfw she leaves me before con season
>mfw I'll never get to do any of them

Damn.

>> No.8795495

>>8795024

Why don't you create a list of dream items and associated costs and just get up-front approval? Like, "if any of these comes up I'm good to get it, and then after I get it we can renegotiate when I'm good to just buy a thing again".

>> No.8795503

>work two jobs, one full time and then a part time job, to have extra money for lolita
>first paycheck is short and fucked all to hell
>second paycheck is waaaay over and still fucked all to hell
>deposit paycheck from other job, and even though it's drawn on my bank and I have a good account, zero was made available
>find several items I've been looking for for YEARS at rock-bottom prices.

Fucking fuck goddamnit I've been fucking killing myself working 65 hour weeks and I just want my fucking fancy glitter headbow.

>> No.8795564
File: 58 KB, 399x400, img59196266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Last year was the year of bullshit, didn't make any new costumes, just fuck this shit I'm out.

This year, back into the groove, making some new costumes already.

Friend gifted me a gift card to joann, other gave me a bunch of stuff for costumes and crafting.

My friends were all happy with the gifts I got them for Christmas. Even though I was poorfagging, I still got them some cool stuff.

>> No.8795574

>having that weird fuzzy feeling when your tumblr/cof post skyrocket with notes
I feel really stupid to care so much because I definitely mostly wear lolita without posting it on the internet but still, you know, that feel of validation and sudden non-loneliness you get.

>> No.8795577

Gained a bunch of weight from last year stressed. Kinda dropped from the cosplay making/ cons

Getting back in exercising measured weist already lost a few inches. Still long way to go but feels good.

>> No.8795578

>>8795577
*Waist brain wat

>> No.8795710

>friends with a lot of (fan)artists
>be straight
>a good half of them not only isn't straight but also has uses pronouns like "they"

I genuinely feel like I can't voice my opinion on shitty SJW situations anymore out of fear I'll be ostracized by them, which is possible considering they sometimes agree with SJW shit.

>> No.8795717
File: 28 KB, 650x352, Lwo0CTFh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nobody ever comments on my coords when i get posted in the CoF threads. I honestly just want concrit, but i never get any. I am happy that nobody goes out of their way to say i look like shit, but nobody ever says they like it either.

I want to get better to be like my friends but I'm just so insignificant. I'm just forgettable and invisible.

>inb4 no replies

>> No.8795728

>>8795717
I'm guessing yours are in the decent realm. So not bad to where attacked, but not outstanding either.

>> No.8795730

>>8795710
Join the club. I'm 'PoC' and not even my opinions matter where they should, because if I 'defend whitey' I must be brainwashed and harbor internalized racism or some shit.

Good thing a self-hating, bored white teenager with nothing to offer the world but her 'activism' and 'art' is there to tell me what I should and should not think. Fucking American SJWs.

>> No.8795731

>>8795710
> mfw I feel like this is me
I'm a (fan)artist who doesn't really give a shit about gender and sexuality issues, so I just label myself as bi/pan and use 'they'. I don't get offended if other pronouns are used or anything. I agree with some SJW stuff, but most of the time, I really don't (and don't voice it because I tend not to spew negative opinions publicly).

Try raising more 'soft' points against SJW stuff at first. If they respond positively (not necessarily agreeing with you), then I don't think they'll unreasonably ostracize you. My friends and I debate stuff most of the time, and we don't get butthurt over it because, well, we know it's not personal.

>> No.8795741

>>8795730
Amusingly the most SJW ones I know are all Asian-American. Which I've realized has a special set of victim complex.

>>8795731
Serious question, why do you use "they"? It currently seems like the cool thing to use to show you don't care about gender roles and honestly it's getting on my nerves seeing 20-something year old change their pronouns to "they" for no specific reason.

And I'd try but honestly my weak point is that I detest conflict, even more creating it.
None of the things they agree with are really bad SJW stuff, but I've seen so many people start out with saying "I think x character is nonbinary!" and end up saying they're a demigirl who used all 3 standard pronouns and going "IF YOU DON"T X IS NONBINARY YOU ARE A NAZI"

>> No.8795742

>>8795741
My fav is when it's "I'm totally nonbinary but I'm not going to change shit about myself. Imma have my long hair, face full of make up, Never cosplay outside my perceived gender. But throw a tantrum when family or friends call me she instead of they."

>> No.8795744

>>8795728
Yes, pretty much. I just don't know what to do, don't know what to add. Im just too boring.

>> No.8795747

>>8795744
Naw, you're likely just sane. Being surrounded by insane twats makes anyone seem dull by comparison

>> No.8795756

>>8795741
They because it includes he and she. Like, I'm fine with he and I'm fine with she. I'm fine with whatever you want to call me, really. I wear lolita but also crossplay, and 'they' is the most catch-all phrase. You would have the least chances of 'misgendering' me (not that I care, but some people do).

> mfw I'm Asian-American
> mfw my most SJW friend is also Asian-American
Hmm. I'm a lot less Americanized than she is though, and I kind of wonder if that's a factor. A lot of Asian SJW seem to more westernized in my experience.

>> No.8795797
File: 213 KB, 400x799, 1408911870439.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>selfpost in a "best lolita coords" thread
>never accused of selfpost while other posts are

a great fucking feel

>> No.8795824

>>8795756
It's the combination of inferiority complex due to not being white + subtle racism from their parents.
Many of them are also upper middle or middle class and unused to any problems in life other than childhood namecalling like haha chingchong or whatever. Because other races apparently don't get that?

The best trumpcard to a SJW argument is bringing a FOB white person, preferably Eastern European into the conversation. Watch them bristle up at the first mention of white privilege as SJWs backpedal as hard as they can to save themselves from the impending Slav smash. It's bloody amazing and far more entertaining than bogan fights.

>> No.8795838
File: 377 KB, 800x527, 1447557618880.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8795710
I know that feel. One of my friends is super SJW and me and my other buddy can never catch a break even its by honest mistake.
>mfw can't use the word autistic around them
>mfw when all of us have some form of autism

And then on the other side I have a super 4chan board culture friend where I can't even mention tumblr or feminism without a long rant. Like why can't people realize there are some things that can slide and if you spend your time hung up on every little thing you don't like your going to drive not only yourself crazy but everyone else around you

>> No.8795840

>>8795756
calm down there buddy.

>> No.8795842

I think I'm too insecure to be anything but a lone lolita. Wearing the fashion on my own makes me feel beautiful, but when I'm around others, all I think about is how much uglier I am than they are, how my coording skills aren't as good, how I'm tall and don't suit the fashion, how bad I am at making friends, how everyone must think I'm an ugly, annoying ita, no matter how irrational that I'd as I'm nitpick tier/bland at worst and no one really knows or cares who I am. I've met some truly nice people in the fashion, but I think I may just have to stick to myself mainly until I can stop feeling so bad about myself around others.

>> No.8795843

>>8795842
*is, not I'd

>> No.8795845

>>8795160
How does someone even get that many large stains on a bolero by wearing it once? Like damn I'm a total slob and have been wearing my lolita pieces almost daily for a while now but still never managed anything more than a tiny coffee drip on one of my skirts. Do your friends make a habit of rolling around on dirty kitchen floors or something

I'll probably never lend out anything I care about to anyone for this reason combined with >>8795129
This sort of thing is a great way to find out whether your closest friend is actually an irresponsible entitled dickwad or not and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.
>still bitter about that friend who stole two of my Death Note mangoes in eighth grade and lied about ever borrowing them in the first place

>> No.8795848

>>8795842
Same boat here, anon. I can deal with being boggled at by 'normies' as a lone lolita I guess because of the whole lolita-as-armour thing, but as soon as there's another lolita on the premises (even one who isn't even all that well dressed) my insecurities go into overdrive and I just want to change into my pajamas and hide. But I really want to make lolita friends...

>> No.8795868

>>8795177
I know those feels. When I was in high school, I got pen marks on my uniform because fuck long sleeves. Anyway, a small bottle of hand sanitiser got the stain out, anything with alcohol in a reasonable form should work.

>> No.8795882

>interview in a few hours
>for Joann fabric
>realize it's a shitty place to work
>just don't want to drive 30 min to work any more
>employee discount yo
>more cosplays

>> No.8795886

>>8795882
Good luck Anon! You'll knock em dead.

>> No.8795900

>>8795503
I know those feels anon. I do several highly skilled jobs simultaneously for minimum wage (because youth), leaving at 3 am and shit whilst me boss screams at me and slammed a door in my face. Took nearly two months of nagging until I got paid, all the while watching auctions tick down like FUUUUUUUUCK WHY

Who knows if the auction ends someone might back out of the seller might be willing to put something on hold or a plan if you know you can definitely pay soonish.

>> No.8795906

>>8795756
Different anon but I'm still not following. I get that "they" is neutral and you don't care about gender labels, but in that case wouldn't the most not-caring thing be to leave your pronoun as the default "she"?

This whole pronoun trend really rustles my jimmies because so much of that community has decided that "she" now means you're a boring barbie girly girl who deserves to be ridiculed. If you have a speck of masculine behavior suddenly you're genderfluid or "they", instead of a woman who just doesn't conform to gender norms 100% of the time. It's actively detrimental to the concept that a woman can have a personality.

>> No.8795913

>>8795215
Anon I'm so sorry, you need to take all the time you need. You don't have to pressure yourself to participate in the fashion if you're not ready. Your sister would've supported you in any direction you took, so please don't overexert yourself. Best of luck to you and if you get back into lolita, know that you'll have good and bad experiences but those memories you made with them, especially with your sister in mind, could definitely be worth it. Wishing you the best of luck!

>> No.8795915

>>8795906
Agreed. I suppose I identify as female but honestly don't give a fuck about what pronouns someone uses for me as long as they get my name right, so I don't even mention that stuff. I think if someone lists their preferred pronouns it makes everyone else think they DO care/don't want to be called by anything else because else why mention it at all?
Idk I don't get this shit anymore. Hopefully the "I cut my hair short so now my pronouns are he/his/himself pls respect or be cis scum"-type grows out of it soon so the people with legit gender stuff stop being buried under all that confusing nonsense.

>> No.8795920

>see dream dress i've been searching for for 4 years on lm
>super low price, like 30% of what it ususally goes for
>get excited
>sold
>cry.jpg
>'no international shipping at this time, sorry!'
>seller didn't live in my country anyway

I feel kind of relieved, but still sad. I would've made an offer three times her BIN if that would've made her ship it overseas. Oh well.

>> No.8795976

>>8795717
Post a fit I'll critique right now faM.

>> No.8795984

>>8795976
/fa/ gtfo

>> No.8795987

>>8795915
Some people are really invested in this new identity trend. There's a dramaqueen in our community who's moved off of snowflake made up pronoun words, and has upgraded to full time male even though they experience zero body dysmorphia and still regularly wear a full face of makeup with revealing dresses and bikinis to cons. They have been receiving very low dosages of T for months now, too little to have any real outward affects, but enough to pat their ass over. Meanwhile, actual trans people struggle to get people to take them seriously and to receive medical attention.

>> No.8796031

>>8795886
Thank you!! They offered me the job!

No more working at target for me.

>> No.8796061
File: 27 KB, 400x300, crying-sea-lion-6845138.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my feel
>finally getting into lolita after years of admiring
>get a job that pays enough for lolita
>actually like job, coworkers are nice and it's just simple waitressing
>pooling money, with next paycheck I'll have enough for at least 4 dresses
>gets a call today
>oh shit it's my boss
>"you need to come in for a meeting tomorrow, we're investigating a complaint made about you."
>fuck my life

worst part about it is I don't even know what it could be about so I can't prepare an argument in advance. I've not been working there long so they'll probably take this as an excuse to fire me on the spot. Also if my boss gives me a shitty reference then that screws my chances of working for a while. It's great being a student :):):):):):)

>> No.8796065

>>8795987
new anon to the conversation, i identify as nonbinary and use they pronouns. personally i've always felt a sense of not quite fitting into either gender my whole life, and most days i feel very neutral while some i do feel rather feminine and on rare days i want nothing more than to be a boy. i don't mind my body per se, but it does make me squirm inside when people use she pronouns for me, although i don't mind them on my very feminine days. and i wish my parents didn't freak out every time i wore my binder so i could wear it more often.

that being said, i really hate that all this stuff has become such a trend. these are things i've felt since i was 13 or younger and it was so comforting to discover there was an actual word for it and i wasn't alone, because i always just suppressed these feelings thinking i was a freak. although i did experiment a little with gender as early as high school, trying to dress/present more masculine and even occasionally binding with ace bandage because i was a stupid teenager. but now everyone is suddenly nonbinary even when they've never seemed to feel any of these things, and i constantly worry that people will think i'm faking this shit for attention and self doubt that i AM faking this shit for attention. i hate it, especially now that my best friend has suddenly decided she's a demigirl and is insisting people use they pronouns after not only never showing any inclination towards presenting as anything other than feminine but also changing her name to one even more feminine than her birth name (or the nickname of it that she pretty much exclusively goes by). i understand changing names even if your birth name is neutral, because my birth name is very neutral but it always carried a lot of uncomfortable female connotations for me seeing as it's what i was raised with, so i changed it to a different neutral name (which i am still not entirely happy with but i've been using it for around a year and it works for now)

>> No.8796066

>>8796065
sorry for that block of text, i've been holding a lot of this shit for a while and i worried that people would think me a hypocrite if i ever talked about it. feels good to vent.

>> No.8796069

>>8796065
No offence but I used to feel like that too as a teenager until I grew the fuck up and stopped being insecure about my tits.
Just saying.

>> No.8796078

>>8796069
maybe i will grow out of it, i feel like at least some of it has to do with a long-undiagnosed mental illness (which has recently been diagnosed and is being treated) which makes my relationship to all aspects of my identity very tenuous. that's literally one of the symptoms of this illness i didn't even know i had until i was diagnosed with it.

but as of right now i'm 22 and still feeling these things, so i'm just trying my best to be honest with myself and find something that will make me feel comfortable in my own body.

>> No.8796090

>>8795848
I feel really bad because I have made a couple lolita friends, and they are so sweet and wonderful. They're both extremely petite and pretty, social and well-liked, and dress well. I'm happy for them that people like them and want their photos and stuff, but I feel weird always being pushed into the background, even in conversations, and it's mostly my own fault for never knowing what to say. I feel like a bad friend for being secretly envious of them, though I don't ever treat them poorly over my own dumb insecurities.

I think mostly I'd just like to be able to attend meets or events without going home and crying about what a failure I am once it's over. And I don't know how to do that, so I guess I may just have to be a loner in this fashion.

>> No.8796093

>>8796031
Congrats anon! Be sure to share your horror stories with us

>> No.8796094

>>8796065
Serious question, how do you know what it feels like to be another gender? It's a social construct, primarily, making it a social marker similar to ideas about race. Im a white female and feel that I can't know what it's like to "feel like I'm a man" as society has always treated me like a woman, similar to how it would be ridiculous to say I feel like another race when I don't know what that means. Additionally, I'm sure most men experience "feeling like a man" in unique ways, so again, how do you know? I'm a woman who doesn't really feel specifically like a woman, never think about it unless society makes me, and don't really give a shit about gender; my best friend is hyper feminine 24/7 and would never want to be identified as a man. Two incredibly different experiences of "feeling like a woman". It just doesn't make sense to me to say you feel like something you've probably almost never experienced instead of just saying I'm a woman who feels like x.

>> No.8796107

>>8796065
As someone who doesn't care about my gender one way or the other, I have a really hard time wrapping my head around this. Body dysmorphia I completely get, but try as I might I just do not get the genderfluid thing, or the idea that someone can be "trans" without a small degree of dysmorphia. How is what you described any different from a girl with tomboyish behavior, or someone who some days feels like wearing a dress while others feels like wearing a butch suit. The majority of my personality is traditionally "masculine" but it's never bothered me outside of social expectations about how girls should behave. Not being sassy, I just really do not understand why the label is necessary for some peoples' well being, and nobody has managed to explain it to me.

>> No.8796116

>>8796107
Same. I used to be extremely tomboyish and now I'm overly feminine, but you know, I don't feel like I'm forced to be cause of my genitalias. It bother me to no end that people would go out of their way to change their pronouns just because they don't like wearing skirts or makeup. You know it's fine, some boys like reading, don't like driving or watching football and they're still guys. This whole genderfluid thing is just reinforcing the gender stereotypes to me, because you're gender is only a social construct and if you're really that progressive then it shouldn't matter in the choices you make. I'm not genetically encoded to not be able to drive a truck or like Transformers or any bullshit "manly" thing.

>> No.8796127

>>8796094
I was wondering this too. I'm biologically female and fine with it but I have to idea what feeling like a woman is supposed to feel like. Sometimes I feel cute or pretty or sexy or elegant but those things aren't necessarily specific to women. I just feel like me. Sometimes I'm me in a frilly dress and sometimes I'm me in shorts and an oversized sweater but it all feels the same. There was a period where I cut my hair very short and wore boys clothes and was uncomfortable with people treating me like a girl, but that was purely a reaction to society's treatment of girls and had nothing to do with how I felt on the inside.
Not doubting anon's feeling or experiences, just really curious what people mean when they say they feel like a man or a woman on a certain day.

>> No.8796128

>>8796094
Transtrenders tend to assume the most basic and stereotypical definition society takes on what a woman should entail. Hyper feminine, girly girl, usually interested in men. Not falling into this box sucks because society constantly expects it from you, so a super easy get out of jail free card is to announce that you aren't a woman anymore - you're genderfluid or whatever the buzzword of the day is. You feel mentally better because nobody can give you shit for not conforming to social pressure anymore, but you're encouraging everyone else to keep narrowing their spectrum of what gender entails. I'm a tiny bit more sympathetic toward genderfluid/transtrenders who grab at the label because they like it (not just for attention), but imo it's still childish behavior that just punts the real problem further down the line.

>> No.8796139

>>8796107
i think all of you missed the part where i did mention my body dismorphia, probably because i didn't get into it too much which was probably a mistake on my part. the fact is there are some days i feel perfectly comfortable in my own skin, and some where i want nothing more than to rip my boobs off so i can have a flat chest and to magically grow a dick. i've considered getting top surgery, but idk if i would, and i don't think i'd get bottom surgery because that wouldn't really fix the problem, just switch my dismorphia to the opposite days lmao.

and i don't feel this way due to societal expectations of what i think boys should be like. i hate sports, i love reading and sewing and i'm very artsy. i don't feel this way because i feel like i'm traditionally masculine in personality, or vice versa. it's more about how i percieve myself and my body, and how the world percieves the same, if that makes any sense. i think therein lies the difference, is it's more of an aesthetic feeling vs one of personality or social constructs? i do know that gender is in and of itself a social construct which is something that bothers me for entirely different reasons.

i know i'm probably not explaining this very well, because it's something that's difficult to put into words. i've never claimed to know what it's like to "experience the world as a man" and i never would. like i said before it's how i view my body and my appearances and how others do the same.

i'm not expecting anyone to agree with me or even necessarily understand, though that would be nice. these are just my personal thoughts and feelings on the matter, it's different for everyone.

>> No.8796146

>>8796128
>>8796127
>>8796116
>>8796107
I agree with all of this, but I also feel like it's an echo chamber.
It makes me want to talk to one of these younger "I'm a boy today because I wore a hat" types to see if I could explain why I feel it's backwards, but also to see if they they could explain to me something that I might have missed.
Unfortunately I'm also scared that I wouldn't know how to start a conversation like that without being told i was triggering bigot and finding half of tumblr out for my blood.

>> No.8796162

>land dream retail job for a seasonal contract
>have a great time working during the time I'm there
>apply to be a core staff member
>store doesn't keep you on as core staff, encourages you to come back next time they're hiring though
>parents: "you're a college student, we want you to focus on grades not getting another job. we can help you with money to do the things you like in your free time, like lolita"
>tfw if they knew how much brand costs they would not be offering this, nor will help from them be as much as I was making at this job
>tfw guilt because I know they'd rather me take this offer and focus on only school, but I need outside interests like lolita to keep myself sane in the intense major I'm in
This sounds whiny AF but I want to be somewhat financially independent so I can do things like build my wardrobe. I'd rather be paying for my own shit and saving for dresses than going to a few tea parties, etc. on mom and dad but not being able to build new coords.

>> No.8796163

>>8796139
Actual body dismorphia is very different from transtrenders who "feel" one way or the other on certain days, which is mostly what all of the above anons are talking about. BD is a real disorder that you have no control over, which is probably why you're having a difficult time putting it into words. Most of us (myself included) probably missed it in your post because people without BD will actually wear binders to drive their new "look" home, so it's hard to read between the lines.

>> No.8796174

>>8796162
I don't think you're being selfish at all, as long as you can keep your studies afloat and thank your parents properly for the offer I think you're actually being incredibly responsible and mature. It's really important to get work experience as a student these days, even if you don't plan to work in retail after graduating. Good luck!

>> No.8796178

>>8795906
Well, I usually don't mention it at all and let people decide on their own what to call me.It kind of depends who I'm talking to. Like if someone's tells me "my pronouns are he/him', I would be inclined to reply with 'he/she/they'. However, some people take that to mean that I am only one or the other on specific occasions? So I ended up just using 'they' for convenience.

I do think 'they' fits me best though, because where I fall on the spectrum is kinda messy. In the same way there's a Kinsley scale and not just gay, bi, straight. I'm kind of like >>8796065, I guess. Some days, I do feel like a guy. Not tomboy in the sense where I want to play rough and not do girly girl things, but actually a 'where's my dick', 'why is my voice so high pitch', 'boobs get out' kind of feeling. The discomfort isn't intrusive or long-lasting enough to warrant a transition, therefore I don't label myself as trans, but it's there. It's a whole different feeling than 'I want to wear a suit today' or 'I don't feel like putting make-up on my skin'.

2bh, I think it's rather toxic to think that trans folk are only hyperfeminine or hypermasculine. I do think that you need dysmorphia to be trans, but being male doesn't consist of rejecting everything feminine or vice-versa. It kind of sucks that transtrenders are making everyone suspicious of the feminine-leaning FTM, but I do think that they actually exist because being male has nothing to do with appearing masculine (which is a social construct, like mentioned ITT).

> sage for OT

>> No.8796188

>>8796163
thank you for the validation, i'm glad at least one person understood what i was trying to get at. i'm going to stop posting about this/replying to posts about this now as to not derail the thread further, i was just hoping to provide some insight for anons who seemed genuinely curious and i think i've done the best i can with that so i don't think i have any more to say on the matter.

as for my own cgl-related feels:
>going to a con in a month
>friend booked the room at least six months ago
>popular con so all hotels in the area are booked up by now
>friend dies a few weeks ago
>so torn up about that and also the fact that i'm now having major anxiety about the possibility of losing our room
>call the hotel to see if they can do anything so we don't have to bother friend's family with this trivial bullshit
>hotel can't do anything because my name isn't on the reservation
>currently sick to stomach and on the verge of tears because i miss her so much and feel so overwhelmingly guilty for worrying about this and now having to bother her mom with it
>kill me

>> No.8796232

>>8796188
This may be a little scummy, but call and pretend to be her. I've often called hotels to add a second name to the reservation, and they're a lot less finnicky about it when you're just adding a name for checkin. As long as you have her address and phone number, you're in the clear.

>> No.8796239

>wake up
>still no foam in Canada for base of hat
J-Just trying to cosplay my waifu.

>> No.8796244

>>8796232
thanks for the tip, but i don't have her address and they wanted the confirmation number which i also don't have. hopefully this will just somehow work out, ugh.

>> No.8796257

>>8796094
>>8796127
I'm not OP but feel sort of the same, and have taken a bunch of tests that have told me I'm mentally androgynous (yes yes, it's not very meaningful to take online tests, but it's something)
for me, a lot of it is body stuff - for example, when I suddenly happen to change, even wearing a tiny amount of cleavage starts feeling insanely uncomfortable. tights feel shit, my body feels kinda bad and I want to hide it. I guess that's basically legit dysphoria, huh, I never thought of it that way before
I've been misgendered before and I was pretty much ok with it. I haven't explicitly tried crossdressing but I dress quite androgynously anyway and I've considered getting a binder out of curiosity. I would definitely not consider myself trans*, and I hugely look down on transtrenders. I haven't told anyone really, besides mentioning it a couple times as a joke. I definitely wouldn't go for hrt either - it's still my body, I just like dressing it differently than most. I like lolita, but I like seeing it on others more - I'm into classical and military myself, which aren't as hyperfeminine I'd say.

>> No.8796334

>ITT
>Tumblr

No seriously "oh boo hoo sometimes I don't feel girly so I use they pronouns"

fuck off

Unless you have actual body dysphoria or a different disorder that relates to it, you're just a special snowflake.

>>8796257
>yes yes, it's not very meaningful to take online tests, but it's something)

No they are shit. This is about as valid as saying you have autism because you did an assburgers test online.

>> No.8796366

>dream dress pops up
>got ripped off 500$ by PayPal for a bum prepaid card
>refund won't come for 2 weeks

ITS SO FRUSTRATING TO KNOW YOU HAVE MONEY, BUT NOT HAVE ACCESS TO IT!

>> No.8796371

>>8796257
can you pls stop
I'm cringing so hard

>> No.8796382

>>8795024
I'm so glad I don't have to get my purchases approved by my husband. I love having my own money/bank accounts/job/savings.

>> No.8796395

>>8796366
I feel that, I lost my card and now can't pay for things (I haven't set up paypal yet, fml) so I feel like I'm somewhat screwed until a replacement comes

>> No.8796399

>>8796382
Maybe that's just the kind of woman you are, but personally I think it's sweet and responsible to work on finances together. Maybe you just have a ton of money to throw around, or aren't too concerned about having a long term thing with your "husband". You go, empowered modern woman!

>> No.8796426

>>8795838
Personally, I'm really sick of 4chan's use of the word Autistic. I feel like stop trying to make a new word for retarded and just accept that it is unacceptable to use that use in such a slur, so drop it. But, I also get excessively uncomfortable around my rapid SJW friends, even if I used to consider myself a SJW myself; I guess I was mild by comparison. Tumblr and 4chan both have the groups that drank their koolaid a bit much and need to detox. Of course, I started coming to 4chan for the explicit purpose of detoxing from Tumblr's shit.

I've also had someone go off on me for using the word derp to describe an animal.

>> No.8796432

>>8796399
lol we've been together for ten years. I make more money, and have more money saved than him. Why are you so mad? All I said was that I like being financially independent, you're free to do whatever you feel that you like.

>> No.8796433

>>8796426
You should have stayed in tumblr, there you can be the autistic idiot you are in peace

>> No.8796438

>>8796432
What's the point in keeping money separate though, however much money you make? Do you not want to share with your husband?

>> No.8796444

>all my life, so many cosplay plans, so little money
>have money
>have big con with a ball coming up
>no fucking ideas or inspiration for cosplay

>> No.8796445

>>8796257
You might just be body dysmorphic.
Like most people in the world, be that trans or cis or whatever. I don't know why everyone learned the word 'dysphoria' from the trans community and decided that it definitely covered them too, you might just have body issues and just personally prefer to dress modestly or androgynously.

>> No.8796455

>>8796438
Of course I share with him. I cover most groceries, all my own bills, and we always split everything else down the middle. It's worked out just fine so far. As long as I keep my own finances in line, I can buy as much lolita as I want, whenever I want. I just like it that way. He keeps his own money separate too, and it's been just fine. No arguments about money since were both responsible for our own.

>> No.8796470

>>8796069
>what is people having different experiences than your own

>> No.8796475

>>8796470
The issue right now is that in fact most of the tumblr teens and young adults DO grow out of it.

But even suggesting it makes you a homophobic sexist racist

>> No.8796482

>>8796094
I mean, I'm a cis woman and I've been both hyper tomboy and hyper feminine in my life. I've never identified as anything but a woman. Imagining I felt the way I do, but everyone called me a man and used male pronouns, well, I'd feel shitty.

>> No.8796490

>>8796438
Different anon - when you both work, are both naturally financially responsible, and don't have to struggle with checking your bank float, it doesn't really matter much if you keep separate accounts or not. It's just something you don't think about too much. In theory I could combo my checking and savings accounts but it's not going to yield any additional interest so who cares since we already split the bills evenly into each account.

That being said >>8796382 is an asshole. If you don't have the money to sling around and need to pool your resources to pay the bills on time, it's financially responsible to consult with each other before dropping a few hundred dollars on funsie things.

>> No.8796518

>>8796438
And why share finances anyway? Sometimes your partner is shit at managing money, and having a shared bank account is a mistake (my situation with bf). My friend's bf has a mild gambling addiction so they have separate accounts also. And twue wuv isn't a definite enough thing for people to share finances and potentially be ruined by a vindictive ex. Even when married/with kids. I think it's even more important to be careful with your finances when you have kids, because there are some awful people who will steal every penny from you and your blood in a divorce.

>> No.8796547

>>8796475
If they grow out of it, let them. Other people have grown out of worse. Teen is THE time for kiddos to think about their gender and sexuality. They won't always get it right the first time.

Being accused of racism/homophobia/etc.. Remember, they're kids. Those are the go-to insults for that particular left leaning/outcast group of teens. It's incredibly shitty when they use that to justify harassment (dislike the period when doxxing was in vogue and also the game of "who's more SJ saavy" just to be exclusionary), but they will learn what the -isms do and don't look like eventually. It's only in small circles where SJW language is received kindly, and most of those circles are online.

>> No.8796551

>>8796490
I don't understand why simply stating that I enjoy the fact that I'm financially independent makes me an asshole?

>> No.8796558

>>8796551
>I'm so glad I don't have to get my purchases approved by my husband
Is a really sarcastic backhanded comment, especially considering OP is obviously just collaborating on their finances like a healthy married couple, and not cowing to her husband's approval before scurrying back to the kitchen.

>> No.8796561

>>8796518
Different strokes for different folks. Separate accounts make sense for your example, but if one partner is somewhat but not catastrophically irresponsible, it's beneficial to let the other partner keep tabs on where their money is going to make sure they're staying in line. There's no one right answer to all of this, and anyone who thinks there is is deluding themselves.

>> No.8796572

>>8796558
I understand what you're saying, but I'm still glad I don't need his okay to buy a dress. Mostly because he'd probably say no to everything lol

>> No.8796573

>>8796399
'Sweet' won't save you when he cheats on you and takes half of your money in divorce settlements. Love yourself first, girl.

On a more serious note, having separate accounts can be useful since that way it's easier to budget - you save for the new washing machine, I save for the new car etc.
>>8796518
Exactly. My best friend's father cheated on her mother (several years long affair), got custody of her underage siblings (toddlers) and most of the money as a result thereof as some sort of revenge because she... had filed for divorce. He was a very nerdy-looking, timid man, you seriously couldn't have guessed he'd turn into the biggest fucking wagon on God's green earth. That goes doubly for women who give their husbands their all and then crash and burn when he skitters away or becomes a violent alcoholic.

>> No.8796645

>>8796445
sure, you may be right. (that was the word I thought of at first, but it seems to be more related to my sex/sexual characteristics)
the reason that makes me think it's dysphoria is the fact that it doesn't affect me in the ways dysmorphia usually seems to - I don't see myself as too fat or too thin, I just occasionally feel that my tits shouldn't be there/I shouldn't be showing off my legs or something.
maybe I'm just confused. that's fucking okay, long as I don't start using that confusion to try to 'claim privilege' or something. I'll be fine long as I get shit mostly figured out by 25, eh

that said, I love all the comments about how everyone's 'cringing so hard'. what the fuck does it matter to you what I feel inside my head? I'm not going around telling people to call me 'they' or anything. this is literally shit that goes on in my head, and people asked input on it/what it feels like.

>> No.8796659

>>8796482
And that's part of what I meant, I guess, as a difference in experiencing what it means to be a woman ad a woman. I wouldn't care about being misgendered and it wouldn't make me feel any way about myself or my identity, you would care. There's no one experience, and it's weird to me to say "I feel like a woman inside" without dysmorphia (which the op does have, I just missed) as its a social marker predominantly rather than an objective state of being.

>> No.8796756

>>8796078
now honestly curious as to which illness that is? if you feel like saying

>> No.8796783
File: 838 KB, 500x281, tumblr_mp0w4deqZZ1ssbq4vo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't know anymore gulls...
I am so scared of the future and bad things that could happen and me not being able to handle them. Like someone finding that time one year ago where i posted nudes on /soc/ bc i felt so bad about my body and needed reassurance like an attention whore. I am scared of finding a job then getting fired or getting bullied like in school or... I am so scared of my loved one leaving me and being alone without that one person who stands out in my life besides my friends. I am so scared and anxious and i cry every damn night since three days. I am healing from depression and stuff. I feel like a toxic craycray girl i barely dare to tell my friends when i am not feeling well because i dont want to burden them with that and make them feel bad and stuff. I feel terrible and i am crying since an hour like a baby. I feel so lost and insecure in life sometimes. I just...need a hug right now and someone telling me it will be ok.
What is happening to me? Is anypne else feeling the same sometimes?

>> No.8796813

>>8795824
What do you mean by Slav smash?

>> No.8796819

>>8796558
Sarcasm is pretty finicky on the Internet. She could just have sincerely said "I'm glad I don't have l ask my husband to buy things" and meant it.

What's an actual asshole thing to say is put the word "husband" in quotes when talking about her's

>> No.8796822
File: 145 KB, 640x1136, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8796756
borderline personality disorder. and i've been professionally diagnosed, not self diagnosing. i've been making a lot of progress in treatment with both that and my other mental illnesses, and i'm starting to feel more comfortable with myself, my gender, and my body, which is why i think a lot of my questioning of it is probably related to it.

pic related is a VERY brief summary of the main symptoms of bpd.

>> No.8796837

people are shooting defenceless people at home and then I come here and read shit like this just to make myself feel better

>> No.8796851

>>8796837
What the fuck are you talking about

>> No.8796869
File: 2.00 MB, 550x329, suspense.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you bid on a dress on LM
>and the waiting game begins

>> No.8796872

>>8796783
Its okay, building confidence is a slow process. Theres nothing wrong with being scared about the future, shit I know I am. But if you let that fear hold you back from experiencing life, thats the problem. Start by just doing something small that makes you feel like you accomplished something.

And really, don't be afraid to reach out to someone to talk to. Sometimes our friends aren't really equipped to deal with these things, and a councelor or professional will be better able to help/give advice/steer you in the right direction. And if you just let out all the fears in words, sometimes that in itself will help you to feel better.

And remember, when bad things do happen, and they will, you won't be helpless. You can survive bad times and disapointments. You might not feel strong, but you are.

In any case, this all comes from my personal experiences in life. I've been there too. Now I have a bunch of regrets and things I missed out on, and I'm still trying to fix them. But I have hope now.

And remember, every day is another chance to start it all over again.

>> No.8796877

>use to love gothic lolita and other various offshoot styles
>have long-coming nervous breakdown
>hospitalized
>working on depression and anxiety
>kind of interested in getting into this sort of thing again
>turning 30 in a few months
>feel too old
>wear shit like 3 wolf moon unironically
>army jacket, leggings as pants or skinny jeans and steel-toed boots
>all day err day
>too tired and blah to put much effort into appearance

wtf happened to me.

>> No.8796883

>>8795271
>>8795913

Thank you both, your condolences really mean a lot to me. I didn't have anyone to grieve with when she passed, and I had to find out by seeing a "RIP you will be missed" post to her facebook wall since my family didn't bother to tell me. I don't talk often about her because of that, so this really touched my heart. I hope you two have a wonderful year <3

>> No.8796885

>>8796444
talking about Katsucon?

>> No.8796900

I took a week off of the gym for mental health and during that time my shoulder started hurting like crazy. It subsided mostly so i assumed it was just from sleeping on it weird. but now I'm in the gym and its hurting again and I'm stressing. I don't want to not be able to work out...I feel like I don't deserve to dress in cute clothes if I'm not working out to maintain my body.

>> No.8796915

>>8796783
I too posted nudes on /soc out of a lack of confidence, I made every step certain no one would ever work out it was me and I still worry. You're not alone <3

>> No.8796931

>keep applying for jobs
>no responses from any of them
>current boss tells me about an opening, send an online application
>go to the place to ask if they hired anyone after another week of no replies
>"Sorry but we we're not hiring right now, maybe they meant the other location?"
>I already applied to that one three months ago and I know they don't have any openings

I'm so frustrated. Originally I was thinking about going to school for something that recommends prior work experience, but I can't get hired at any places related to it. My family thinks I'm just giving up and change my mind too much but what's the point when you can't even get your foot in the door?

>> No.8796937

>>8796883
(>>8795271 anon) No problem at all! And I hope you have a wonderful year as well with much happiness and prosperity! :)

>> No.8796952

>>8796547
No. Fine if they keep their phase to themselves, no problem with that. But as soon as they cross the line of insulting people, you put them on their place or else they'll grow-up as little princess, who think they can say everything they want. They're teenagers, not babies, brains enough to think.

>> No.8797023

>>8796783
Not quite the same but arround 11-15 i would show older men my body alot for reassurance that i was "desirable"
i was raped repeatadly by supposed friends from my all girls school (she was 16 i was 11 and no cjarges came because "girls cant rape girls soz") and my older cousin, due to that i developed terrable body issues and this continued for years with me going onto teen chatrooms trying to make friends and always ending up naked camming for some fucking pedophile.
I understand how you feel anon, with the rise of cappers im betting my body is on some cp site out there just waiting to bite me in the ass. Its ok to have insecure moments nonny, we all do and its nothing to be ashamed of; i hope one day you can be more confident but for now realise soc is just toxic and no good for you. You will never be good enough for everyone but maybe one day you can be good enough for yourself because thats what matters.

>> No.8797031

Literally over half this thread is non-cgl related.

>> No.8797051
File: 80 KB, 211x246, 1358745240891.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All my boyfriend ever fucking does is look at shitty vanilla hentai of chubby girls with giant tits while im asleep or busy it seems, i get hes a teenager and they want sex alot but im ALWAYS willing. Hes also mentioned now thinking of cheating on me, but cried alot stating he hated the idea. Im protectave and would not let him cheat but im going to my dads for a while and hes been talking to alot more girls and traps on /soc/ who talk to him about "wanting to get fucked in the ass while eating pussy" or how "kinky" he is (but vanilla with me apparently) so i worry hes gonna.
This is where lolita comes into play
I used to be happy with being a bit chubby because he liked my body but its evidant its not e-fucking-nough so im going to just loose weight so i can look better in lolita.
Ive been relapsing on my ed due to stress of my mom and baby brother being murdered and this is the final breaking point.

>> No.8797063

>>8797051
He sounds like a baby, why are you even with him?
>Hes also mentioned now thinking of cheating on me, but cried alot stating he hated the idea.
That would completely disgust me.

>> No.8797081

>>8797051
your boyfriend is a little shit, dump him
those are inappropriate conversations he's having with other girls
also
>my mom and baby brother being murdered
holy shit i am so sorry anon

>> No.8797105

>>8796783
I'm not the best at giving life advice, but I feel like I felt that way at one point in my life. It was when I was around 15-18, which I'm sure many people can relate to.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep. Clean your room, wash your bed sheets. Don't eat a lot of junk food, it brings your mood down (and complexion). Tell your SO that you love them and that you need a hug.

This isn't for everyone, but several years ago I took about a week to kind of meditate about my life, the things in it, and what it means to me. I then took LSD when I had sorted all of my thoughts out and it was a life-changing experience, I almost always feel happy now and I really enjoy being nice to people and making them smile.

Own your life.
Anyways, I had no idea we were in /adv/

>> No.8797110

>>8795756
most places in asia are more traditional and feminism isn't really a thing over there. if an asian considers themselves to be considered a feminist, they are probably americanized.

>>8796813
>slavic white people living in poverty and a shitty near-third world country
>telling them to check their privilege
essentially they are saying that telling a gay russian guy for instance to check his privilege will piss them off and cause them to slav-smash you, as in, hit you with their large slavic fists

>>8795915
>>8796178
I use 'they' just to avoid triggering anyone. I'm a guy with a handsome rugged face but I've struggled with gender identity for most of my life - I just never had a name for what was going on in my head until I learned all this shit. Still, I don't think I'll ever tell anyone or make a big deal out of it because it doesn't matter to me that much. I look like a guy, that's never going to change, and I'm not going to tell people to change their speech patterns to accommodate me. For people who plan on fully transitioning I understand making a big deal of it, and I can see correcting people if you're androgynous but if your hair and clothes and voice are all feminine and you ask to be called another pronoun, I don't get it.

>> No.8797177

>>8795824
>The best trumpcard to a SJW argument is bringing a FOB white person.

I like to bring up Irish slavery, myself.

>> No.8797207

>>8796426
>stop trying to make a new word for retarded and just accept that it is unacceptable to use that use in such a slur, so drop it
Words evolve and take on new meaning. It's been happening for hundreds of years and there's nothing you can do about it. Autism will just become the new slur, and we'll find another word to describe people on the spectrum, as is what happened with the word "retarded".

>Tumblr and 4chan both have the groups that drank their koolaid a bit much and need to detox
A detox from what, ideologies that you don't agree with? Ideologies that a group of people say is toxic? And what are we supposed to replace it with, pre-approved opinions? Sanctioned by whom? Sure, some people need to cool their tits about things and take stuff into consideration, but there isn't an objectively correct way to look at things.

>> No.8797313

>>8796872
>>8796915
>>8797023
>>8797105
Thank you so so much anons. You guys are right. I feel better now uh.

>>8797051
Your boyfriend is immature and a piece of shit. Dump his butt really. Don't put that stress on yourself you already are going through enough anon.

>> No.8797327

>>8797031
Yea this thread is going to get deleted at this rate

>> No.8797332

Remember kids, /cgl/ gives horrible advice!
Staaay safe!

>> No.8797359
File: 41 KB, 500x251, 1418794894965.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8795710

I know that feel.

>> No.8797363

>>8795742

Fuck, I know so many like that.

>> No.8797382

>>8796813
What the other anon said basically. Slavs are still going through rough times (see: Euromaidan, NATO bombing, poverty etc) so seeing an upper middle class Asian kid schooling them about white privilege because they're butthurt daddy didn't fuck a white woman is pretty likely to get them pissed off. More so because here in Aus a lot of newcomers get treated about the same, white or otherwise, and due to said hardships we get a lot of Slavs. So calling them privileged is not only untrue but borderline delusional.

>> No.8797392

>>8796822
Oh wow now I know you're pulling it out of your ass.
Teenagers rarely get diagnosed with it, or people under at least 23 in general, because people often can't tell teenagers apart from crazies.
Unless you're engaging in risky behaviour such as weekly binge drinking, being suicidal, doing drugs, picking fights with people for no reason or anything that would set you apart from the average rebellious teenager I really don't see how anyone could diagnose you with it. On top of that it's a very rare and difficult disease, and that wikipedia article doesn't really explain just how batshit people with it are. Also, it's very rare that someone gets diagnosed with a plethora of mental illnesses.
My mother's a psychiatrist so I asked her.
TLDR: gb2tumblr

>> No.8797407

>>8795824
Asian American here. I think a lot of it comes from the fact that we feel racism towards Asians is never taken as seriously as racism towards others. Being called "ching chong" is hurtful and racist, but even you seem to think it's not "as bad" as other types of namecalling or slurs. I'm not denying other races don't get that, of course they do and I feel their pain, but it's the fact that as an Asian American I feel excluded in this pain because I don't have it "as bad" as other poc.
Of course it doesn't just end at namecalling. Another reason comes from "positive" stereotyping. Asians are often given stereotypes that are seen as complimentary (good grades, nice car, upper/middle class) and it doesn't seem all too bad until you feel expected to live up to these standards. I'm a non-too-bright lower class Asian with a beat up used car. It feels like shit whenever I'm compared to people's model Asian.
I could go on forever, but I'm sure you're pretty much rolling your eyes out of your sockets at this point.

I also definitely don't think Asians have it the hardest or anything like that. Other races (yes, white people too) have their own struggles and difficulties and I share my sympathy. I just wish Asian issues were taken s little more seriously sometimes. Or maybe I wish we could stop comparing who feels the shittiest and just be nicer and more understanding to each other.

>> No.8797409

>>8797407

Go back to tumblr.

>> No.8797459

> tfw you've almost been a year self harm free but for the past 3 months all you can think about is suicide

>> No.8797471

>>8797459
Are you me? I'm trying to push away the urge because I logically know it'll get better, but the urge is still present.

For /cgl/ related, I sewed a bit today and remember how enjoyable it was. I think I'll be able to get my cosplay done in time for the con for once.

>> No.8797482

>>8797459
Same anon, same. I wanted to cut my wrists so badly last nigth. I managed to fall asleep by thinking my perfect boyfriend and all my brand in the mail. I just wish I could live normal life without worrying about doing something.

>> No.8797494

>>8797407
That was interesting, I'm not from America so I think things are a bit different here but there were still a few points you raised that were good to think about.
To be really brash, I'm sure a lot of SJW would be like 'oh but black people were enslaved but asians have had equal footing' or something, which is totally not how I feel because there are more to whole races than just those in America but it's just the blanket hurtful statement I can imagine they would throw out and you might want to formulate a basic argument against because these people can't logic. Not that it's a muh persecution war

>>8795824
I've never once see a SJW actually care when you bring up a white race that has been persecuted against, they always just say it's different and then totally ignore that point whilst yelling about PoC some more

>> No.8797542

>>8797482
>my perfect boyfriend
>all my brand
It fucking annoys me every time. You answered to someone, who feels fucking awful, by saying how great your life is, but you still feel bad. I'm not sure that >>8797459-chan cares at all, but you hurt me.
>the best friend in the world, with whom you want to spend the rest of your life, left because of distance
>mental issues are the reason why you can't work and get all the brand to fill your emptiness
>want to fall into a coma and fall out of when everything will be fine
>the only objective way to fix everything is your death
I'm sorry for being rude and overreacted. Anyway, I hope you'll be ok someday.

>> No.8797548

>>8797494
Thanks, and I agree. Racism takes tons of different forms, it's not as black and white (ha ha ha) as most people online seem to think. It's very messy, complicated, and hard to discuss. It's not easy on Tumblr, 4chan, Facebook- Anywhere, really. Again, I just hope people are nice to each other at least at face value.

>> No.8797549

>>8797494
My slav boyfriend is moving to America. I've had to educate him on the fact that he is now a white person and is privileged and to be careful of what he says.

It doesn't help that he doesn't have much of an accent and sounds more Dutch/German.

>> No.8797559

>>8797392
anon she stated she's 20+, please stop trying to diagnose people over the internet

I have my first really big haul coming in from aliexpress and like 3 items out of 10 have working tracking. I'm becoming really suspicious about whether some of the sellers have actually shipped shit (a couple did take pics of the package so they should be good)
>tfw the two most expensive items don't have working tracking but the cheap shit mostly does
>tfw still praying my dress doesn't get customs'd

>> No.8797589

>>8797392
You dont know anything about anon or her life or hiw she is. How the fuck can you tell her she isnt sick when she actually was diagnosed and goes to threatment.
Gg asking your mother about a total stranger online.

>> No.8797638

Janitors this thread is shit. Please nerf.

>> No.8797644

Right now I'm sat in a replica dress that I bought on impulse and felt so ashamed for.
It's so soft and I'm eating spaghetti and it doesn't matter if I fuck up and make a mess, I still don't want to ever own up to having it, but this will forever be my secret spaghetti dress for cosy days in.

>>8797548
Party on and be excellent to one another

>>8797549
That's so weird and weirdly precious at the same time, I can totally see it like a 4koma

>> No.8797658

>>8797392
i do have a mild version of it compared to most, i've been told. and i have been diagnosed by it by my therapist who i've been seeing for around two years, confirmed by two different psychiatrists. and i don't have "a plethora" of other mental illnesses, i have two. bipolar and general/social anxiety. both of which very frequently co-occur with other conditions. but i don't need some stranger on the internet to tell me what illnesses i do and don't have, that's my doctors' jobs lmao

i only mentioned it to shed some light on the situation. i literally didn't even know bpd was a thing that existed until my therapist diagnosed me with it, please don't pretend to know my life

>> No.8797663

>>8797559
>>8797589

i didn't see these before i posted just now, whoops. but thank you guys

also
>unless risky behaviors such as being suicidal
>tfw i've been self harming since i was 13
>tfw i've tried to kill myself at least five times
>tfw i've been hospitalized for it three times
>but i guess i'm not risky enough
>ok

>> No.8797669

>>8795710
I know this feel.

I tried to make a fanart skype group and got shit for banning "trans/gender headcannons." Sorry, but a guy wearing a skirt doesn't make him your "precious trans girl."

>> No.8797838

Make way for the butthurt train.

>Need cheap cosplay ventillating lace that isn't $30/yd
>Not much out there but find some on Amazon. Order 2 months before con
>Lace arrives. Is 3 shades darker than what I ordered.
>Contact seller, stress that I can't wait around to return and then have an exchange sent - discuss the color problem and offer to pay up front for a new piece.
>Seller sends link to a different lace product and asks me to buy it instead. Oh okay, I guess they're out of the light color in the original product.
>Replacement comes. It's dark brown again.
>Email seller, demanding to know what's up.
>Seller informs me that brown is the lightest color they have, do I want to try a light brown this time.
>Fuck that, look elsewhere for lace. Surely SOMEONE else has it, right?
>Find it on ebay. It's the same seller, different name.
>Find it on aliexpress domestic. Same seller again.

This seller has been dicking me around for 3 weeks now, so long that I am now limited to where I can buy this from even if I manage to find something in the same price range. I'm furious.

>> No.8797843

>>8797838
I told you to take the light brown you fucking cunt

>> No.8797991

Just seen a cardigan I've wanted for ages get reduced, ask the seller for shipping price. In the second it takes for me to say "can I get it?" someone else buys it via PM. so fucking done.

>> No.8798006

>>8796061
DId everything work out?
Restaurant hire all the time regardless. I host myself and my bf is a manager. I knew a guy that got fired from ALL of his jobs and worked at my place. You'll be working in no time if you put in the effort to apply. Hopefully that won't be the case though!

>> No.8798008

>>8796162
Find another retail job that's part time.. You just need to be honest with them about wanting to work for yourself. They should respect that.

>> No.8798064

>>8797843
Is this real? Lol >>8797838 sounds insufferable. Anyone who has ever ordered anything online should know that colors vary based on lighting and monitor resolution

>> No.8798068

My major cons of the year are coming up in a month. I feel depressed like there's nothing else worth doing until then than sleep to make the time go by faster.

>> No.8798118

>>8798064
The seller admitted to sending the wrong item (dark brown) because they don't stock the lighter color. Read again.

>> No.8798170

>>8798068
Do you cosplay, anon? Working on things for the con could help.

>> No.8798198

I'm fat, and regardless of what I do, I can't keep the weight off. I have a generally chill schedule, but I like to go for jogs and swim, so I'm decently active. I don't eat much either. (Not because I'm trying to lose weight, but sometimes I just kind of forget to.) I've had times where I lost around 20lbs, and then three months later, I haven't changed anything, but I've gained it back.

>> No.8798238

>>8798198

Either troll or stupid fattie who don't understand CICO.