[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 121 KB, 500x269, 20004957675.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8787110 No.8787110[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

New Feels thread, old one is in autosage.

>> No.8787512

>debating if I want to put my fat ass out there and apply to be a model for a fashion show
>logically thinking I won't be chosen because of my measurements
>would be disappointed if I didn't at least try
>delicate self-esteem would be shattered if I got turned down though
>embarrassment I'd take to the grave
>worried I'll look efame thirsty to the group
>already have lurking haterz that post on cgl
>nervous, don't know what to do

Fuck_my_life. I'm not obese, but I feel hambeast-like. I recently went through a medical issue that caused me to gain an insane amount of weight. I'm trying to lose that weight but since the medical issue is ongoing, it makes it difficult. My measurements are disgusting (40/34), I am gross.

>> No.8787558

>>8787512
The question here is, how long is it between now and the fashion show? Do you provide your own clothing like some lolita fashion shows at cons, or is clothing provided for you? It would be dumb to apply for one if clothes are provided for you, since you don't know what size you'll be months down the road. If you wear your own coord for it however, I say go for it. Anyone talking shit about you applying just because of your size will be obviously jealous and will get called out, there's no other reason to even be mad about it.

>> No.8787689

I've been in lolita fashion and other j-fash for about a year now, and so I have taken a ton of selfies, full body shots etc..

But uh... got a new comp for Christmas and moved all my files over just fine till I got to my selfies photos... and there were like over 3 GB of photos of... myself.
It wouldn't even fit on my USB drive like everything else.

Is this a thing? Am I fucking conceited or narcissistic? Do you guys do this too or am I fucking psychotic and full of myself?

Is it worse if I don't want to delete them??

>> No.8787701 [DELETED] 

/cgl/, I need your help.

I think I was raped but I have no idea how to make the authorities do something about it. It was my own boyfriend who did that to me. I gave him a lightly erotic photo of me for Christmas and yesterday, I couldn't believe what I saw. I found him masturbating to it. He never asked for my consent and if I hadn't caught him he'd get away with it too. It makes me feel so sick, even now.

I broke up with him already but I just have no idea what to do now. I'm guessing the police are gonna give me the usual evidencesplaining and refuse to arrest him based on my testimony alone. What am I supposed to do?

I just...feel like trash now.

>> No.8787707 [DELETED] 

>>8787701
Nice troll post, sista.

>> No.8787710 [DELETED] 

>>8787707
How can you be so insensitive? Holy shit.

>> No.8787712 [DELETED] 

>>8787701
Just tell the police exactly what you told us. This is evidence enough. He will likely never be a free man again.

>> No.8787715 [DELETED] 

>>8787710
2/10, best I can do, sista.

Try adding the term mansplaining and problematic next time lol

>> No.8787716 [DELETED] 

>>8787707
>>8787715
>sista

Are these crossies or something?

>> No.8787718 [DELETED] 

>>8787701
Umm...masturbating to a photo does not count as raping the girl in the photo. Rape is physically forcing a person to do something with you. I really hope that was just trolling. Please don't make yourself look like an idiot trying to report someone for masturbating to a photo you gave them.

>> No.8787722 [DELETED] 

>>8787701
hahahahahaha
>i share a hobby with these people

>> No.8787724 [DELETED] 

>>8787718
>[Deleted]
Serves you right. Misogynerd.

>> No.8787725 [DELETED] 

>>8787701
wait a second I don't understand this post

are you saying you caught your bf wanking to your pic and you're just a trolling idiot? or are you saying he forcibly put his weewee in your hoohoo? because if this is what you meant then go to the cops, otherwise 0/10 fuck off not a funny joke

>> No.8787733 [DELETED] 

>>8787725
Honestly this is what I was thinking, but I deleted my post because I was afraid I was misunderstanding...maybe she means after catching him he raped her?
But it sounded like she's considering the masturbating to be rape...

>> No.8787740 [DELETED] 

>>8787733
>and if I hadn't caught him he'd get away with it too.
...indicates the "rape" is the masterbating.

Not just an obvious troll, a tasteless one at that.

>> No.8787744 [DELETED] 
File: 23 KB, 478x373, 1428727160295.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Let's ignore the obvious bait, and not let this thread hit the fan with infinitely repeated arguments like the confession thread did.

>> No.8787745

> lost my entire lolita wardrobe minus two main pieces
> have shitty job now
> new comm is well dressed with expansive wardrobes
>been out of loop for so long don't even know where to begin building back up
> internalcryingforever.jpeg

I want to compare it to noobies just get starting but.. they at least have that brand new excitement. I'm just overwhelmed and depressed by it, even though I know it's something I want.

Also

>105 in highschool, scrawny, but happy cause constant comments on it
>120 in college, great ass, bodyposi.
>113 now grew boobs(don't fit lolita) ass kinda left, and terrible stomach pooch that's super noticeable due to low weight.

> hates going clothing shopping cause nothing fits me like it used to, wierd ass proportions
> feels terrible because I know this is nothing compared to the 50lb weight changes some people have
> but my small frame is exaggerating everything and I feel like I look pregnant
> no energy to work out abs and ass

My apartment complex has a gym and the boyfie has to pass a physical test at the end of January so I'm going to try to start working out but.. shit sucks.

>> No.8787749

>>8787689
If you could, would you fuck yourself?

>> No.8787750 [DELETED] 

>>8787725
>thinking this could be anything other than a troll
>weewee, hoohoo
You must be 18+ to use this board.

>> No.8787761
File: 472 KB, 508x270, 1448831633157.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just getting into lolita
>spent wayy too much, but still in need of a petticoat because I'm trash and didn't order a good one first
>family thinks I'm a narcissist
>first time I've spent any chunk of money
>Brother travels all the time
>mother has mania and spends money all the time on shit she doesn't need
>still thinks I am selfish

It's my money, but I feel guilty about it, still. I save and I have my fun money, which is where I get my lolita money. I'm so sick of this guilt about buying things.

>> No.8787812

>>8787689
It's okay dude.
I sometimes take videos of myself eating dinner or handsewing or making a sandwich or something, then I just watch them and admire my face and arms. I don't think there's anything wrong with appreciating yourself, especially since a lot of people can't say the same about themselves.

>>8787512
Just go for it, but expect the worst. If it's a jfash brand show like the IW ones, they may turn you down for being too large but it's not like you didn't already know that. There's no reason why it should hurt to hear someone else say it, it's just a fact that you're already aware of. Just keep looking to the horizon on losing weight and overcoming illness. Expect the worst and give it your best is the best advice I've ever gotten.
There's no reason why anyone should give you shit for simply wanting to be in a fashion show either, since lots of girls do.

>> No.8787828 [DELETED] 

>Depression
>Working through it for the last year, just about at the point where I feel ready to rejoin the world.
>Pretty proud of myself
>Family constantly badgering me about being an embarassment for not having employment. Have not been able to speak to any of them in a few months since every conversation, even a simple "How was your day?" devolves into "DID YOU FIND A JOB YET?"
>Up until two months ago I couldn't even leave my house, and forcing myself out of bed was a feat.
>Christmas morning, was given a 60 day eviction notice from my parents in my stocking. Siblings found it hilarious and made jokes the whole day.
>I can feel myself sliding back into depression, but apply for jobs this morning anyway. Figure if I at least make an effort they will back off, even though the though of being around people every day makes me throw up.
>Mom decides she is "through living with the embarassment of my unemployment" and has decided to kick me out this Saturday instead.

I'm sorry for offtopic, I'm just so upset right now. I've been crying the last few hours and spent the whole day at the library until they kicked me out to close. I don't think I will ever forgive my mom for doing this to me.

>> No.8787833 [DELETED] 

>>8787828
No it's fine to be upset. Anon that's utter shit that your folks think that's appropriate. My mom was like that. She kicked me out at 17 cause Welp my Child Support's only good for a bit longer!
My dad immediately took me in. so i can't complain but I understand the feels of shitastic mom.

>> No.8787838 [DELETED] 

>>8787828

Your mum is a giant raging cunt. Honestly, I'd get all your stuff, find somewhere to go, then go to her and tell her exactly what you think of her and just ecome estranged. Best way to deal with people like this because they always come crawling back begging once you're healthy and on track again/

>> No.8787845

I kind of want to stop cosplaying, save my money, but at the same time I feel like I will be missing out on it if I go to a convention in normal wear. ..Anyone else have that feel?

>> No.8787870

>>8787845
I kinda feel you anon, I skipped my yearly con this year because I knew I'd be kinda bored, I couldn't be fucked to put together a proper cosplay and my friends couldn't come along. someone suggested volunteering, so I think I'm doing that next year. why not just wear an old cosplay or put some effort into making it better?

I made a friend on cgl today and we're really similar and I'm hype as fuck about it, she's sweet as hell and while we're not in the same styles we both seem to appreciate the hell out of each other's stuff

>> No.8787880 [DELETED] 

>>8787828
holy shit anon I am sorry you got such a shit mother what the hell
do you have a place to stay now?
I dont get how parents can kick out their kids, where does one go after that? I wouldnt know where to fucking go if that happened to me.

>> No.8787882

>>8787558
The fashion show is in April, so I do have a bit of time to lose the weight! But they want measurements as part of the application, which totally makes sense but sucks for me. This is a brand fashion show, so they'll be providing the clothes. I'm not too familiar with their fit unfortunately. I've been trying to do some research, but no luck finding a "plus size friendly" piece yet. I wish everyone thought like you! I just want to try and be apart of the fashion show. I've been into lolita and actively wearing for such a long time, but I never had an opportunity to be part of a fashion show until now.

>>8787812
Thank you for your advice, you're so right! I think I'll muster up the courage and fill out an application in the morning!

>tfw cgl is more uplifting than you thought

>> No.8787896 [DELETED] 
File: 24 KB, 499x499, cJDLr7M.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8787701
shoo shoo roastie whore

>> No.8787903 [DELETED] 

>>8787701
Please be a troll.
That's not rape.

My ex-boyfriend drugged me and raped me multiple times while I was in and out of consciousness all while I was begging him to stop. THAT'S rape you fucking dumbass,

>> No.8787904 [DELETED] 

>>8787828

Do people not know how shitty the job market is?
If you even find one they'll underpay you that it's nearly not worth the gas and effort to be there.

But this could be a good thing anon. There is the possibility it could kick start you cause it has to. Give that option a chance. Don't just sink lower cause that's the easier or do nothing option.

Still it's very callous of your family. Leave and never come back. Don't answer their calls. They want to kick you out? Fine, go whole hog. They don't care enough to help you properly they don't get to know you anymore at all.

It's the only way to let them know they didn't do it right. Let them live with that.

>> No.8787905

stop responding to low bait

>> No.8787908

>>8787512
I have almost the same measurements as you with tinier boobs, and people have told me I should model for lolita.

I don't know why anyone takes fat accusations seriously. I'm so used to seeing perfectly average, or worse, petite girls getting compared to hamwhalepigbeasrs that it doesn't even phase me. Seems like if people don't like you they're going to call you x no matter what, or find something unattractive about you to nitpick

>> No.8787938

>>8787749
...yeah, I wouldn't date me, but I'd have a one night stand with me for sure lol.

>>8787812
Whoa, I've taken videos of myself smoking and made gifs out of it, but not eating. But I have like, watched myself eat while talking to people in video chats, so I see where you're coming from.

Thanks gulls, now I don't feel as weird.. but still kinda weird lol.

>> No.8787949

>>8787882
Honestly you'll probably be turned down based on measurements, I've never seen anyone plus sized modelling for Japanese brands because the sizing is small and they tend not to want to squeeze someone too large for the dress into them.

>> No.8787961

>>8787512
Hey, I went through an issue and gained an insane amount of weight, too. Gained around 75 lbs, only lost 30 of it so far. I'm crying with you in spirit.

>tfw had 23 inch waist before weight gain

Life is suffering. You know that sentiment that it's better to lose something than to never have it in the first place? That's a load of shit.

>> No.8787963

>>8787749
Yes.

>> No.8787995

>>8787949
Oh I know that, for sure. But in a moment of glittery eyed, cotton headed ninny muggin-ness, I applied. If I get turned down, it is what it is. I know my measurements are not ideal, but I know if I didn't at least try, I'd go insane.

>>8787961
Ikr? Good job losing 30 though! I gained close to 80 lbs. Disgusting to think that I could easily have created another person with the amount of fat I have. I lost about 45 lbs so far, but that last bit ain't budging.

>> No.8788072 [DELETED] 

>>8787880
>>8787904
I honestly don't know what I'm going to do or where I'll go. All of my friends live out of state and a few of them would let me stay on their couches for a bit, but I'd have to figure out how to pay my way there. Or what I'd do for a job. I can't even focus on thinking this through because I'm alternating between upset and numb. I'm so dumbfounded that at this point all I can think about is what will I do about my plant, of all things.

>> No.8788091

>>8787845
literally me :( i really need to save for moving out/college but i dont want to fall out of my circles by not cosplaying

>> No.8788159

>at cosmetology school
>there's this girl who looks like she never bathes and we constantly get complaints from salon clients about her because she looks and smells greasy.
>back from christmas break
>it looks like she didn't wash her hair from the 23rd, when another girl talked her into getting her hair washed by amother student
>finally got the instructors to force her to let me wash her hair and do her makeup after she refused and said it looked fine
>feels good man

I feel for her though because everyone talks shit and pretty much dislikes her, and I was a greasy weeb once too. (Not that greasy though) I don't want to be mean, but it's a serious problem. I'm also vaguely curious how long it will take before we need to step in and wash it again. The way she talks, she says she does it every other day, but there is no way. I'm hoping enough prompts on days it looks bad will teach her when she needs to start doing it herself.

>> No.8788174
File: 29 KB, 640x480, anime-blogging-stress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Finally have some extra cash to spend on nerdy shit
>Originally was going to buy cosplay
>Just find out favorite jfash brand is having a huge sale
>Spent the past 24 hours agonizing over whether to I should get pieces to build up a wardrobe or buy another costume
>Feel like I'll regret either missing out on new clothes or new cosplay, depending on which I buy
>Afraid I might keep being indecisive until the sale ends and I regret this even more

This is such a dumb problem, but I'm struggling to decide which thing I'll regret not buying less

>> No.8788196

>>8788174
well you can always buy the cosplay for the same price, but that jfash sale isnt always going to be there

>> No.8788199 [DELETED] 

>>8787903
No, both of you were raped. Just because yours was more overt doesn't make her rape experience any less legitimate.

Then again, you're probably a male troll.

>> No.8788210 [DELETED] 

>>8788072
Talk to your friends, anon. See who has good advice, and who is chomping at the bit to help you out. Bus tickets aren't cheap but it's very possible someone might front you the money. If you have extended family, it could be worth seeing if you could crash with them too.

Make a list of everything you need to take with you when you leave... don't let your parents screw you over even more by leaving behind your birth certificate, SS card, etc.

>> No.8788212

>>8788174
buy the jfashion. the option to get the cosplay you want will always be there.

>> No.8788217

>>8788174
get the jfash while you can anon

>> No.8788220

>>8788196
>>8788212
>>8788217
Thanks guys, I needed that push! Now I just need to decide what pieces to buy, haha

>> No.8788222

I recently posted about my severe allergies to dust making cosplay organizing hell on earth. Went to my building management to inquire about the heating ducts being cleaned. They just stared at me dumbfounded and said and I quote. "Why they've never needed that before."

Gotta love paying out the ass for a shithole that's actually making you sick.

>> No.8788293

>>8788222
Just remind them that that's the funny thing about time, dust tends to build up while it's going by.
I've mentioned sick building syndrome before to prompt my superiors to look into better ventilation. Try asking your coworkers about their health, they might be inclined to mention ill feelings if you suggest you've been experiencing allergy flareups.

>> No.8788328
File: 470 KB, 500x281, pokepout.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8787870
I think I will volunteer. That sounds fun. Its not so much about, like, wearing the same outfit, but moreso about feeling bored with the scene. I haven't really watched much anime lately, not really reading anything. I'm hoping its just the season [this season being my out of con time] and it isn't 100% me REALLY feeling like I want to stop. I don't know. I'm getting older and it's that weird point where it seems like I should just stop and focus on things I want to do, but never get to do because I worry so much about how much money I spend on cosplay and for my convention visits and gas and food...

Maybe I'm just being moody.

>> No.8788372

>>8788199
If there was no sex it's not rape you dumb fuck.

>> No.8788400

>job is steady so I start seeking out dream dresses one by one
>one got sniped from me day before I got paid so I start slowing down and feeling bummed
>one is very unpopular from indie brand on the other side of the planet. >go to swap meet this weekend and find another dress from said brand That I also wanted in the color way I liked best
>fuck it maybe they have the undesirable dress in the back and took it down because it wouldn't sell
>message indie brand about it
>mfw they have one in my desired color and size

Next paycheck I'm going headhunting for the dress that got away. Feels great, gulls. Good vibes towards your dress hunting.

>> No.8788417

>>8788400
That's great, anon! How lucky. Good luck hunting down all your dream dresses!

>> No.8788454
File: 72 KB, 672x545, 1443353641929.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>spending ebay $50 credit
>buy lizmelo dress
>pictures include tag for proof but not label
>pay for entire cart
>realize dress was too cheap
>search gugl for the dress
>nothing comes up
>probably spent 15$$$ on a replica
>o well it's on ebay's dime

>> No.8788462

>>8787761
On the bright side you can buy some pretty good petticoats for cheap on taobao. Just make sure to look at the reviews first.

Also tell your family to get fucked. Its your own money.

>> No.8788473

>>8787689
I have 6GB of photos and I don't even wear jfashion that often. Don't pay any attention to that, anon, you are doing what you love and that matters the most. Think of fashion as of any artistic hobby, just instead of using canvas you use your own body. You wouldn't blame an artist for not wanting to delete/throw away their artworks, right?

>> No.8788491
File: 43 KB, 530x805, 1443327051327.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>crippling depression spike mid college
>not just the the general sadness everyone focuses on, but in the lethargic department to the extreme
>can't even begin to get out of bed
>life falling apart with one stroke of bad luck after another
>mom pressuring me to drop out over break
>only two friends there taking a year off
>if i do drop out i lose the counselling services of the one good therapist i've had
>spend all winter break stoned out of my mind to deal with the anxiety
>for the first time in years i feel suicidal again after i thought i moved passed that stage
>overwhelming feeling im living on borrowed time
>spend time looking at dresses when bored and when christmas comes around gets money
>realize I can buy one again and even start on cosplays with what I got
>while thinking of all the things i could do i realize that id have to live longer to do this
>relieved that i have at least something to go for that will buy me time to get better

Sounds material and pathetic when I think of it, but something about getting something that's for your enjoyment and your enjoyment alone after everyone's been taking it from you just feels nice

>> No.8788546

>>8788072
Look at your different location options and check out data about government support and employment prospects, your librarian should be able to help you with that research. Also ask for information on local support, etc. Try not to wind up at a homeless shelter unless you have somewhere secure to keep your stuff (like a local friend who can't give you a place to crash but is willing to put your things in storage while you get stuff sorted out).

If you live in an area with crappy job prospects, moving out of state is probably a good idea. Megabus tickets can be pretty cheap and it sounds like a fresh start could be a great thing for you.

Don't be ashamed to explain to people like librarians, social workers, etc what's going on. Like most of the folks on this board, they will be appalled that your family is treating you so badly and will be motivated to help as a result. Good luck!

>> No.8788565

>>8787689
Sometimes I'll sit and go through all my coord photos and try to stick to a rule of for each outfit only keeping like 3 selfies,and any other photos need to be distinctly different (eg shot of front, shot of back, not just fifty shots with varying arm positions). I kind of imagine I'm putting together a portfolio or fashion editorial.
Just make sure you back up what you keep, I recently lost a chunk of them and it was sad. I want to be able to look back on my life and smile at them.

>> No.8788568

>>8788222
Check into rental laws in your state about living conditions to find out whether they're legally required to clean the ducts. If they're in violation, they'll probably get on that real fast.

>>8788372
Holy shit stop feeding the incredibly obvious troll, how stupid are you people?

>> No.8788569

>>8788491
Anon if it's something that will help you get on track, even just because it's something positive, then it's good.

>tfw not allowed to drop out
I want to but at the same time I understand why my parents don't want me to since if I drop out now I"ll be stuck at home for the next 8 months, with no job and probably just get even worse anxiety issues.

It's so hard to stay postive and think "everyone finds their way sometimes it just takes longer" when your siblings are doing perfectly well and have their lives in order, and I can barely get out of bed in the morning and fail every other class.

>> No.8788570

ordered a replica way back in august to butcher the fabric from
didn’t come
didn’t come
asked for refund and cancellation
refunded and cancelled
showed up 2 days ago

>> No.8788576

>doctor casually says "you may need an ileostomy bag one of these days" at routine appointment
>having nightmares now about wearing lolita with a bag
>nightmares include bag leaking all over brand, bag bulge showing through clothes, smell transferring to clothes I've sold, and so on
>stupidly freaked out by mere potential, future situation
>caught myself actively considering selling all non-babydoll dresses and skirts earlier

Fucking. Ugh.

>> No.8788577

>>8788293
>>8788568
Thanks guys I'll def try. I know the main reason I have flareups when cleaning is because we have Wall to Wall rug. Which we are NOT permitted to tear up. otherwise I'd of gotten wood floors in a heartbeat.
Managment here is assbackwards retarded too. They'll put a handicap parking space but do absolutely NOTHING for ramps or the fact the front and back doors have tiny porch access points or stairs.
They'll install motion sensor lights in the hallways that brighten a bit when you walk out. But do nothing about the broken streetlight facing the mailboxes. And with winter chan on her merry way now. Some dumbass is gonna fall and complain for the millionth time (it was flickering out for the last 2 years died early spring.)

>> No.8788582

>want to have more pictures of myself in lolita and looking cute in general but apartment layout sucks when it comes to mirror selfies
>bf complains he doesn't have any pictures of me despite having a big shiny camera
>perfect!
>except he doesn't want to take posed outfit pictures, only candid ones
>"candid" meaning only while I'm sneezing while eating pizza in my pajamas with unwashed hair and from a terrible angle, pretty much
>says he only likes taking pictures of me while I look "natural"
>apparently as soon as I take a shower and put on nice clothes I no longer look natural
>continue not having any pictures of me in lolita
>bf continues complaining about not having pictures of me at all
I love him but fucking hell. Sometimes I can't help but dream of having a live-in lolita bff.

>> No.8788586

>>8788576
It's natural to respond like this, the way you are feeling is perfectly normal.
You already know that what you actually need to do is enjoy wearing the non-babydoll pieces as much as possible right now. Really get your wear out of them!
You can cross that bridge when you come to it, try to live in the moment. However, with the way things are so streamlines now I'm personally sure you'll be fine wearing Lolita with a bag once you adjust to any of the special measures.

>> No.8788589

>>8788582
Is it so hard to say that you will exchange x amount of hours where you;ll ignore his 'candid' photography in exchange for x amount of hours where he will try to take nice photos of you?
I don't understand how you even have a relationship if you can't even do that. Also, having examples of photos you want to emulate helps bad photographers, just in case you do get some sort of trade going.
Make sure you get ugly photos of him at some point too, as fairness.

>> No.8788595

>have longtime gaming friend
>loses his job, moves in with his mom, gets dumped by his girlfriend because she's depressed
>after awhile don't see him online for months
>worry
>finally see he's back online!
>he's been homeless because his mom kicked him out with nowhere to go and no job
>friend took him in and he's on welfare now
He may come live with me if things don't get better, but he's Canadian and I'm American so I'm worried about what he'll be able to do here. If I had known he was homeless I would have tried to get him down here so he didn't have to live on the streets these past couple of months. It hurts my heart.

>> No.8788596

>>8788589
You're right that we should just talk about it like adults and strike up some kind of bargain. Problem is (I think) that I'm pretty insecure about my appearance and he doesn't understand that at all, so the more playful he gets with his camera taking purposefully ugly pictures, the more frustrated and upset I get, the more he enjoys "teasing" me (because again, he doesn't realize how heavily this gets to me) etc. until I break out in tears and we end up burying the camera at the back of a closet and not speaking of it again for a few months. We get on really well in all other aspects of our relationship but my insecurity about my appearance is the one thing he absolutely doesn't understand and possibly never will.
I'll try showing him some nice pictures of other girls that I'd like to emulate like you said. Hopefully that will help him understand my definition of nice vs. ugly pictures a little better.

>> No.8788606

>>8788596
Hope it works out, good luck! Communication is the key and all that.

>> No.8788607

>Wants to get some good pictures in lolita
>Regularly do cosplay shoots and I really like them
>Regular togs say they want to do some non-cosplay shoots
>As soon as I suggest lolita they U-turn and basically ignore me
>Feel like they're laughing at me for being a lolita
>Because most lolitas treat me second rate for cosplaying even though the two don't mix
>Feel like the togs are just laughing at me
>Makes me think I look awful in lolita and that's why I don't want to shoot
>There goes self confidence

>> No.8788622

>>8788596
He has to have insecurities himself, just because he doesn't understand the specifics of yours doesn't mean you should discount him being able to understand at all. If he has even a little bit of empathy he should be able to link his feelings with yours and relate if he stops and thinks about it.

>> No.8788633

>>8788582
I sympathize with your bf, I like taking candids of people too. I find that they often come out much nicer and interesting than posed ones.
That said, you can still take candids when someone is dressed up and have some really pretty pictures that don't make you look crap. Maybe talk to him some more about what kind of photos you want any why it's important to you.

>> No.8788657

>>8787828
>was given a 60 day eviction notice from my parents in my stocking. Siblings found it hilarious

Kill your whole family. Holy shit anon, they're pieces of scum. Never talk to them again.

See if you can get into a college anywhere. I escaped a situation where I had no where to go by going to uni. Idk if you have a degree already or not but hey.

Another option is to live in your car. Serious. Safe place to sleep and no rent worries. Try to get secretary/office work, waitressing, or retail. Easy entry and decent pay. Just small steps every day.

Jesus I'm feeling your feel and I don't like it.

>> No.8788688
File: 28 KB, 292x300, 1431286140894.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have been knitting for hours already today, and can no longer feel my fingers. WHY FRISK SWEATER WHY DID I DECIDE TO KNIT YOU.

>> No.8788755

>>8788688
Because you're a tumblr landwhale just like all the other "gamer girls" who "looooooove" Undertale, the "Citizen Kane" of computer games!!

>> No.8788929

>>8787701
Here in Sweden, masturbating to a woman's picture without her giving consent is actually legally rape.

>> No.8788936

>>8788755
wtf

>> No.8788938 [DELETED] 

>>8788929
>Here in Sweden, masturbating to a woman's picture without her giving consent is actually legally rape
>Here in Sweden
>Sweden
Confirmed for bait

>> No.8788940 [DELETED] 

>>8788938
I don't understand. What's your problem with Sweden?

>> No.8788955

>wants to work on cosplay
>can't add anything until extra supplies arrive
>stuck in craft limbo until this seller finally decides to ship out my items

the worst part is the stuff i'm waiting for isn't even essential, it's just detail stuff, which makes not being able to do anything worse because i could have the whole thing done at this point if i hadn't decided to put lights and speakers in it.

>> No.8788956
File: 987 KB, 750x1334, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8788755
Wow. You sure showed them.

>> No.8788960 [DELETED] 

>>8788956
I didn't and I never will. My 6 inch dark skinned knot is only for pretty white girls.

>> No.8788969

>>8788159
I don't get why people don't shower regularly. I hate showering because every time theres a 25% chance Ill think about death and panic over it but I still understand the importance of hygiene enough to put myself through it.

>> No.8788984

>>8788328
you're welcome anon! it's totally cool to feel like you've not been in the scene much and you might feel bored. hell I watched my first ep of anime since April last night, and I've never been into anime/manga as much as most local enthusiasts. I'm glad it sounds interesting to you, though.

>>8788570
I got 2 sets of books from B&N because they shipped them, lost them, shipped them a second time, set 1 showed up and then set 2 showed up. they couldn't make me return them because I live on a different continent. feels good man

>>8788929
yes, and it should be classified assault in most other places imo. the problem with this is that there will always be some hardcore feminist chans who suddenly decide that since their bfs looked at a girl on the street for too long, they're no longer allowed to fap to them

>>8788940
it's a /pol/ thing, apparently all swedish men are cucks and all swedish women are trans, feminists or sluts who only want to sleep with immigrants

>> No.8788991 [DELETED] 

>>8788940
Because sweden's a joke. They're so afraid of offending anyone, even if those people are the ones at fault. Also, you get absurd laws like that one which demeans actual rape.

>> No.8789051

>explicit nightmares nightly
>daily, rather, since they begin even as i drowse during the day
>thought they were because of lolita (long story, mentioned in past thread)
>not so sure anymore
>fear creeping into regular life
>begin to devour sources on surviving abuse
>end up referred to r/raisedbynarcissists, loathe reddit but go anyway
>read many posts
>feel a bit better
>while reading about "narcissistic" behavior and how to cope with it, realize that such methods would be useful for handling /cgl/ trolls
>begin applying such practices immediately

i recommend anyone annoyed with the attention-demanding tactics of baiters and trolls check out resources for dealing with narcissists in general. obviously the average baiter is not actually narcissistic but their tactics are similar enough that strategies for dealing with narcissists work fairly well when dealing with shitposters.

>> No.8789057 [DELETED] 

>>8787903
That's terrible, anon. Glad you're still here.

>> No.8789086 [DELETED] 

>>8788960
>deleting this

Guess the whiteys here were

>> No.8789090 [DELETED] 

>>8787701
...isn't it normal for your significant other to masturbate to you? As in masturbate while thinking of you? Anon, you need to be 18+ to post on this board because that is the only reason I can imagine someone being this upset at walking in on their significant other fapping to them.

>> No.8789093 [DELETED] 

>>8789090
It's ok to masturbate on your own but if you masturbate while thinking about a woman you are thought-raping her. Looking at a picture of woman to help the thinking is only making it worse.

>> No.8789096 [DELETED] 

>>8789090
please stop feeding trolls senpai

>> No.8789100 [DELETED] 

>>8789096
Please don't use the s-word, you're appropriating Japanese culture.

>> No.8789150

>>8788586
I think it's the fear of emptying it out that's the worst. I was reading that an ileo requires emptying up to five times a day. The gymnastics of doing that in a a public toilet, never mind in a public toilet in a lolita dress, makes me feel like I'm going to puke.

And that's not even going into the fear that people will notice it and be nasty about it. It's not like a wheelchair or cane, which people see regularly, after all. Most people I've talked to don't even know what it is until I've told them (usually with the caveat of "do NOT google this one").

I'm a bit annoyed at myself for being scared in the context of lolita, too. Like, this is going to affect way more in my life than frills, but my nightmares all focus around it. It makes me feel so stupid.

>> No.8789238
File: 193 KB, 900x1260, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to be a visual Kei kind of guy, but my parents are very traditional. My dad is the kind of who just wants to be normal. Anything I want to wear my school gets super pissed. I almost got suspended for having a sidecuit haircut. There's a girl at my school that I would like to talk to, but I have low confidence and I can't even approach her. I come home and cry to Die Antwoord and the GazettE. I am constantly getting called a faggot when I'm wearing normie clothes, so I imagine I would not do well wearing the kind of visual Kei clothes I want.

>> No.8789248

>>8789238
Stick with the normie crap in class, keep a low profile, and plan your full vkei breakout once you're in college/whatever. I'm usually all for "be you," but it's not worth the hassle of annoying your school. I hope you haven't much more to wait, anon.

>> No.8789259

>>8789238
>>8789248
This is the most gayest underage shit I read on /cgl/.

>> No.8789263

>>8788969
She thinks she looks fine. Girl is 19, too damn old for that shit. She also wears days old makeup (part of the uniform requirements here to wear makeup) and shades of lipstick that look like they belong on the base of a penis.

We even made her a hygiene kit full of expensive shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo, bodywash and a metric fuck ton of candy. Everyone is at the end of their rope with her.

>> No.8789265

>>8789263
>(part of the uniform requirements here to wear makeup)
What misogynistic third world ocuntry do you live in??

>> No.8789268

I feel so overwhelmingly fat. I have an ED history and a meal plan, but lately I've been too lazy to eat everything I'm supposed to. I've been stuck at home with my grandma who has dementia, so I haven't worked out for 2 weeks. I've been obsessing over how fat I feel and my depression has been getting worse, I'm just such a train wreck right now. It feels even worse because I have such a loving family (though no friends), and I'm still a depressed blob of fat. Even wearing lolita makes me feel fat, since it's not exactly the most flattering fashion out there. And I want to cosplay characters that wear bodysuits but I have violin hips and I feel so chubby.

I just...I wish I felt skinny, and I wish I had a thigh gap.

>> No.8789277

>>8789265
I've heard it's a pretty common requirement for beauty schools. It's like making sure you practice outside of class, I assume.

>> No.8789279

>>8789265
>>8789277
I'd just assume it's to make sure you look both professional and as though you know what you're doing. Just like any other uniform.

>> No.8789300

>>8788222
This is me at work and everyone thinks it's funny. At home I never sneeze except if I'm dealing with a lot of dust but at work I am constantly sneezing, congested, and my sinuses feel terrible (irritated, clogged, etc). They won't do anything about it.

>> No.8789306

I've been into Lolita for a very long time, but only recently I decided to buy pieces for myself to start wearing it. Recently, I left my full time job and starting working part time so I could work on running my own business. This has left me a bit financially unstable. When deciding to purchase dresses to begin a Lolita wardrobe, I hastily spent a lot of money on Taobao brands and replicas. I deeply regret this now, especially considering my financial issues. I am also terrified of wearing Lolita in public or letting anyone know I like Lolita for being fear of being called an ita. I really don't have many friends, and I feel so alone. I'm scared to join a comm, because I'm scared of not being good enough or laughed out. My friend even invited me to her comm meet and I still under the impression I'll be the laughing stock. I'm in a really bad place now. I feel like a huge loser.

>> No.8789310

>>8789265
I can't tell if you're just really stupid or a troll. Any beauty-related business is going to require that employees wear makeup and probably keep their hair neat. Clients coming in to pay for services, even if they're discounted ones, are going to expect a certain level of professionalism... if I'm getting my hair cut why would I trust someone whose own hair is disgusting?

Honestly I'm surprised the girl in OP's story hasn't been talked to by her teachers if she's actually driving out clients.

>> No.8789315 [DELETED] 

>>8787828
I feel this, I was kicked out even though I was going to school because my mom is a raging cunt. I was homeless for a bit, sleeping on the couches at school and showering in the school gym attempting to stick through it. I was disabled for a good bit as well, agoraphobic and scared that everyone would treat me like she did, but moving and getting a job where I am left alone improved my mental health many times over. You wouldn't even know that I'd gone through all that shit any more unless you were intentionally trying to upset me.
I'm really sorry that you're alone, and that she used a holiday to humiliate you like that. Sometimes it's really NOT that easy to get a job, especially if you have disabilities you are working through.
Be kind to yourself, thank any friends who help you along the way, don't give up. If you fight for it, it won't last forever.
>>8787880
personally, I ended up with the only person who would take me in, who ended up abusing me just as badly before I left. I would rather sleep in my cold car than deal with abusers. >>8788072
Sell your stuff. Set up a gofundme to get to friends. Buses aren't terribly cheap but doable. Things are just things, you can rebuy once you aren't in a crisis.
Also, take ALL necessary documents before they force you out. I don't care what it takes to get it, those are YOUR legal documents and you need them for most jobs and proof.

>> No.8789319 [DELETED] 

>>8788991
you're a retard who's buying into /pol/ bullshit with 0 background information. it's classified as sexual harassment. rape goes under it, too.

>>8789100
>lol

non-cgl: I dreamt about my ex (one that I seriously fucked things up with) last night and almost cried a little when I woke up because the dream was so good. he still keeps in touch with one of my friends and apparently said that he might get in contact if he doesn't feel less lonely soon, and I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but holy fuck.
this whole fiasco has been probably the biggest regret of my life and I've been trying to get him to talk to me and 'fix things' but I've only fucked them up further

>> No.8789328 [DELETED] 

>>8789319
>gets raped by her ex
>still dreams about him and it's the best dream she ever had

Proof that nothing makes a woman love you as much as violent rape does (if you're a muscular Alpha).

>> No.8789336

>>8789263
Hey H. Was she the one you posted a picture of yesterday?

>> No.8789352 [DELETED] 

>>8789328
Nowhere did Anon say or imply they were the anon that got raped by their ex.

>> No.8789359
File: 76 KB, 300x300, 1444011373843.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8789328
I don't know where you got me being raped from?
I fucked up that relationship, by getting a crush on someone else and not realising it's not actual love.

forgot my cgl feels
>10 packages sitting in mail
>dress and a load of aliexpress shit
>first time ordering from aliexpress
>been refreshing order site for 4 days now
>only one item has anything showing up when checking tracking
>'information received'? even though the seller claimed it was already picked up
>dress has been sitting at O'Hare for 4 days with no movement now
>pic related
I need a new hobby that isn't refreshing cgl or checking all my tracking shit. this is probably normal delays and all but that doesn't mean I'm not worried as shit

>> No.8789362 [DELETED] 

>>8789359
I think you should consider that maybe you are a non-binary genderfluid lithromantic cyan-pansexual.

>> No.8789363
File: 128 KB, 500x281, tumblr_mio820piXT1rtej1xo2_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Start working a new job
>While much happier with this than last job, it leaves me entirely exhausted
>Have been focusing on christmas/presents in my free time lately, nothing else
>Realize now all the hotels for all the cons I want to go to this year are sold out
>I'm too tired to work on cosplay anyways
>tfw
Who needs hobbies or to have anything they enjoy doing? Amirite?

>> No.8789372

>>8789238
it will get better when you get out and get to a place where dress doesn't matter so much. try to find a university in a city or one with a strong arts presence.

>> No.8789373
File: 18 KB, 250x200, 4520757.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So, how was your secret santa cgl?

>comm hosts big Xmas event
>we do a secret santa, I decide to particpate cause why not
>the girl I get assigned to hardly knows me, and I don't know her very well either
>budget is very small, around $10
>most members do handmade/sewing stuff anyway
>I cannot into sewing/crafting, but I'm a drawfag so I decide to draw something
>she often wears her handmade dresses so I draw one of her coords of her handmade dress
>draw on large format with tradtitional media, full background, many details, try to do it as good as I can
>include some small accessoires and some sweets in the gift bag too

>end of xmas meet up, we do the SS
>girl is on the opposite of the room so I cannot see her reaction
>I don't want to be pushy and I'm too spaghetti to directly confront the girl and ask if she likes her gift
>meet up ends, girl leaves
>she didn't talk to me at all
>ok

>girl posts some selfies and pics from the meet up (especially those with the more known members) all over her social media
>no mention of the Secret Santa
>o-ok

I know I'm maybe not the best artist and not tumblrfamous, but my work is pretty decent. Even if she didn't like it that much, she could have at least said thanks and pretend to be okay with it? Or maybe I'm just a salty bitch. I do regret not asking her though.

>in b4 post pics
Nah, I'd rather not be revealed in my comm. I just wanted to vent a little.

>> No.8789375 [DELETED] 

>>8789362
cis pan female with a shitty sex drive because of birth control. only 1 out of 5, sorry sweetie. I guess you've never been in a relationship longer than ~3 months if you dismiss the difference between crushes and love

>> No.8789378 [DELETED] 

>>8789375
oh...my god....I just

oh my god

/cgl/ is lost

>> No.8789385 [DELETED] 

>>8789375
stop feeding trolls.

>> No.8789392

>>8789363
Don't get too sucked into this pattern. Make time to have fun. If you have to, set up a calendar for your favorite conventions to remind you when hotels go on sale.

I worked a job like this and I stopped feeling like a person for awhile. It's not fun. If the job gives you a hard time about taking time off (reasonable amounts of time off and not too often), might want to consider looking for another job. You deserve rest/fun time.

>> No.8789394 [DELETED] 

>>8789315
I spent my afternoon trying to find my documents but I have no idea where they put them, or which ones I will need besides my birth certificate. I've been stashing money in my room since middle school and if I go cash in my coin jar, I think I'll be to about $1400 since I don't want to touch my savings account.
I have some friends in NYC who offered me their futon, so there's that. I figured I have enough to hop on a bus cross country and find someone who needs a roommate on craigslist. Use the rest of my funds to pay a month of rent and then look for any sort of job. Apparently there are a lot of little old ladies looking for female roomates that are tidy and quiet.

The only thing is that I'm on Accutane, so I can't actually leave because my final dosage is in a week and I have a mandatory dermatologist apointment after that. I'm required to send in bloodwork and a pregnancy test a month after, but she always gives me paperwork and Lab Corps are everywhere.

>> No.8789418 [DELETED] 

>>8789385
>trolls
>obvious satire
There is a difference, you know.

>> No.8789421 [DELETED] 

>>8789394
If you can't get your birth certificate you can send away for a new copy. Just look up the vital statistics for your state. It'll cost you some money and you need to get it notarized, but it's doable. Good luck.

>> No.8789423

>>8789392
My employers are actually great about letting us take time off, it's just the job itself is a lot of work and tiring, so after a long day of work I just rest without remember to take time for my hobbies. The calendar would be a good idea though.

>> No.8789426 [DELETED] 

>>8789385
>>8789418
I admit that I took it a pinch too seriously, but the 'cis pan' whatever was intentionally worded that way to piss anon off. sarcasm detector is shit, sorry for disappointing yall I guess

>> No.8789427 [DELETED] 

>>8787903
>>8788372
that sucks, but I hate when people like you respond to obvious, OBVIOUS bait with your woe tales. It's so pathetic.

>> No.8789429 [DELETED] 

>>8789421
Do I need the original or can I make a copy?

>> No.8789460

>>8789336
Yep. That's AFTER, we washed her. That's as clean as she gets.

>> No.8789473

>>8789336
>>8789460
Where's this picture?

>> No.8789475

>>8789460
Oh my.

>> No.8789480 [DELETED] 

>>8789429
It'll be a copy from the government. What I meant is, you'll need to get the form with all your info to send away for the certificate to be notarized.
It may take some time to get as well, but you'll have it. So try to send away for it asap.

>> No.8789498

>>8789429
Technically nobody can get the original (even the originals held at the offices get destroyed with enough time), and the offices just make official copies to replace the originals, and official copies upon request.

Whatever your parents own are official copies. Taking it from them just saves you the hassle of going through the bureaucratic steps in requesting an official copy.

Get the SS card, or at the very least write down and memorize your SSN.

>> No.8789532

>>8787745
>> hates going clothing shopping cause nothing fits me like it used to, wierd ass proportions

I feel this, I must be a super odd size.

Everything fits in one spot but not the other. Jeans are generally either I can get them over my legs and the waist is sloppy, or the waist fits and they are skin tight.

Shirts that fit my arms and chest are a tent at the bottom.

I don't know what to do, I almost never buy clothes for these reasons. Just wear the same old stuff

>> No.8789547

>>8789310
I grew up in the south and went to cosmetology school... we weren't required to wear anything other than a smock and scrubs cause that's the uniform. And if anyone is gonna be misogynistic, it'd be people in the southern US.

That said, we also learned how to apply make up, so wearing it would be counter productive, but not all beauty schools do this.

>> No.8789572

>>8789263
Not to be that person but if she is insisting on being this way or is entirely lacking self awareness there might be some stuff going on outside of school and you might not get through to her because of this.

I wasn't as bad as the person you're describing but I was forced to go to cosmetology school by my grandparents, so I put in minimal effort on everything because I never wanted to be there to begin with and wasn't aware at the time I didn't have to listen to my dumb grandma.

This girl you're talking about sounds like she's suffering from a mental disorder or illness, like maybe she's a hoarder or she lives with one.

Do you know anything about her personal life? If you really want to help you should ask if everything is okay.

I wish my classmates would have helped in some way instead of treating me like shit every day and telling me everything I did looked like shit. I never told anyone what was going on (because why talk to people who clearly don't give a shit) and I just eventually dropped out and never talked to anyone there ever again.

>> No.8789667

>>8789572
She wants to do cos school and get a job in it though and I'm trying to help her out because I don't know her home life. She seems happy enough and stable. Most of the girls here have some sort of mental issues, but aside from being annoying (like cooking fish sticks in the microwave and homestuck) and having poor hygiene nothing seems to be wrong. I do ask what's up pretty often and talk to her a lot, I think she's just really sheltered and doesn't realize that the bar is set so much higher than she thinks. Her actual cuts aren't bad at all and once she was set straight in the brand's specific ways of doing things, her work is okay.

>> No.8789672

Too fat to eat for comfort (can't get too big because of lolita), too poor to shop for comfort, yet have a lot of stress from uni.
what the fuck do I do? what do you do?
I need some sort of stress reliever but have no idea what to do.

>> No.8789673

>>8789667
>I think she's just really sheltered and doesn't realize that the bar is set so much higher than she thinks.
Ah yeah, that makes sense too. If she's learning other things it's obvious that you can teach her stuff and she'll get it. Is she slow or anything? Maybe she's just lazy.

>> No.8789675

>>8789672
Rub one out.

Or go to a psych clinic that is part of a college. They are usually sliding scale, so it's affordable and can be very helpful.

>> No.8789685

>>8789673
The current theory among people is that she's lazy when it comes to her own image, even though we are reminded every day that we are our own advertising. Some of us thought it was a money thing, so we (the ones who were concerned) all pitched in and got her a hygiene kit (shampoo, cobditioner, dry shampoo, body wash. All together like $50 of good stuff) and other stuff (candy, $20 gift card to subway, hair clips) from "Secret Santa" so she wouldn't be embarassed and she doesn't use it.

I'm really frustrated but not giving up.

>> No.8789701

>>8789532
take it to the tailor. non-custom clothes hardly ever fit right.

>> No.8789704

>>8789685
Oh man, knowing that part makes me feel bad for you though. I always hate it when people don't appreciate the gifts I give them.

But you are handling it in a very professional way which is good! Because yeah, if she really wants to do this, she'll need to somehow realize that she does need to look good. And hopefully not just for work, but it's a really big improvement that EVERYONE will notice if she manages to start cleaning up.

My friend once explained to me this really in depth thing about how people who look better, are often treated better and have an easier time in life in general (obviously there are exceptions to this). And the impact it'll make on employers. You are way more likely to get hired when you present yourself well and in order to present yourself well, you gotta practice that shit daily.