[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 97 KB, 800x600, bleach_group_cosplay_by_cellinha_chan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8659887 No.8659887 [Reply] [Original]

Tell us your worst cosplay group horror stories. Main character no show? One person came looking like a disaster? Group erupt in cosfame drama? Let it all out.

>> No.8659894

All at once!! Our main character got in a car accident on the way to con, I was the only one out of nine that made my outfit, one girl only showed up with half her outfit on and had a panic attack before the panel, and panel mod didn't plan shit out so only had 1/3 of the material needed for a one hour panel. I was too nice. Should have just cancelled, it was a shit show. Oh and how can I forget all of the people who dropped on the group with short notice and then called the leader transphobic for being upset. I'm so done.

>> No.8659897

past groups:
> sm group, sm didn't show up (???)
> another group and 1 person didn't complete the bodice of outfit so it fell apart and had to be constantly adjusted
> group asked me to come take photos of them, they never told me when or where. left multiple calls/messages, no contact. they had someone take on camera phone instead...

>> No.8659898

>>8659894
Sorry, should have specified. Only one person claimed that we were transphobic, but dragged another person out with them. And another girl before them tried to run it into the ground, insulting people and kicking them out with no warning so she could put her friends with no knowledge of the series in their place. I gave a warning that if more shit went down I would drop, but nothing happened until it was too late unfortunately.

>> No.8659903

>>8659898
wtf caused the transphobic claim anyways?

>> No.8659907

>>8659903
They were a tiny trans man with borderline personality disorder. Nobody forced them to sign up but they got cold feet and couldn't stand anyone calling him on his shit. So he just claimed we "wanted him to be triggered" by saying it was shitty of him to sign up for something he wasn't comfortable with.

>> No.8659919

>>8659907
wat.

don't sign up for something you're not comfortable with. jesus.

>> No.8659926

>>8659919
Apparently that was our fault. Fucking tumblr garbage.

>> No.8659938

Typical no one shows up kind of group

When I was still back in collage, on Friday, my roommate would get a bunch of people together, and watch anime in an empty room, on campus.

Two months before the convention we all marathoned a show, and we decided to have a group cosplay of it.

Everything stared going down hill, when we randomly picked who we were going to be from a hat, some would start complaining how they wanted to be so and so.

Two weeks before school break and the weekend of the con. I finished my costume, and I was told by roommate that some of the people in the group where not who they wanted to be, I was asked to change character.

Ok fine so I made a new costume.

On the day of the group was support to show up of the con. No one showed up, I sent out texts and looked to see if I missed anything, but nothing.
I still had my fun but to this day I have no idea what happened.

>> No.8660067

>Over a year ago, plan an Attack on Titan gathering for some photos
>20+ people are coming
>Get con photographer to come to take some pictures
>Talk to him several times before con and night before shoot for location and time
>Day of shoot, all of us at fancy historical building
>Photographer is a no show
>Claims he "forgot" and never apologized to me
>Well shit
>Friend has a good camera so they take pictures to keep people happy
>Still a mess
>Later on girl posts on group page about how she was ignored during the shoot
>She purposely ignored us when we asked her to join photos
>We couldn't even tell who she was cosplaying anyways

Oh well my other shoots went much better, the fandom is just shit which made the group shitty to work with.

>> No.8660075

I'm going to have my first real group cosplay experience in November. We're going to be the Skeleton brothers and Undyne from Undertale. I hope nothing goes wrong, we're all pretty good on deadlines and quality.

>> No.8660099

>>8659887
someone I follow on tumblr apparently used to be part of something called "thronebros" that was a bunch of game of thrones cosplayers

she isn't anymore, but someone found her blog and started asking her about all the drama and called them crazy and all this stuff, but she wouldn't spill

i'm hoping someone on here knows cause now i'm dying to

>> No.8660117

>plan cosplay group of niche tokusatsu show nobody cosplays from in the US
>I bust my shit out with the single-minded intensity of an unmedicated ADHD kid
>SUPER FUCKING PUMPED, get my costume on the day we're supposed to do the group, waiting for my friend in the con center
>Get a phone call??? Have to hand my giant prop off to a buddy while I answer the phone
>"Hey anon I have good news and bad news"'
>good news is group mate finished her OTHER group costume for a completely different group we're both in
>Bad news is she didn't finish the ones we were going to wear that day
>She didn't even fucking pack the parts of it she did finish, which was 99% of it
>"We can wear them for Fanime though!!"

>Fanime rolls around
>We would have had an even LARGER group because more friends of mine had put together costumes from the show
>Phone rings
>Three guesses as to what she says
>"We can compete in them at ALA though!!!"

>ALA rolls around
>I have us enrolled in the cosplay contest
>get a fucking phone call
>"Anon I'm super sick I don't even know why I came to con I'm so dead I'm dying I can't compete"
>Go see her later that evening
>She's fucking fine
>I win a craftsmanship award and eat wontons and play cards against humanity with cool people backstage
>nothing of value was lost

I've learned my lesson with her.

>> No.8660213

Hah, I think I've had maybe one instance where a group experience didn't go horribly wrong. Probably had the worst this year though.
>6 months prior to the con my friend messages me saying their friend is planning a group
>Invites me into it
>Already had the costume so no work on my end
>Being organized by someone I don't particularly care for but w/e
>Organizer can't decide between two characters
>Tell them honestly that it'll be harder to find the first character and someone else is chosen for the second
>End up with a 10 person group
>Recruit the photog
>Months go by
>All hell breaks loose the week of
>My friend, the organizer, and two other people drop out
>5th person never shows up
>Day of group is scrambling around trying to find people
>Photoshoot gets pushed back
>Have some fun with the remaining members (thank god for inviting one of my friends in on it because it would of just been awkward)
>By the time we are ready for our photoshoot, most of the con area is occupied
>Organizer spots us and waves us over while clearly in another shoot
>Ok, maybe they are done with the spot. Maybe they are inviting use to use it now.
>We all walk over
>"Guys! You're in my shot! Get out!"
>There is not description feasible for my rage at that moment
>this bitch really just fucking wasted our time to show off
>Still use the area for a shot
>Go somewhere else to finish our shoot
>Change and go off to a panel
>See Organizer again dressed as the other character they wanted to cosplay
>Know for a fact that they didn't have that cosplay before this con
>How funny
>Swear off of large groups

>> No.8660286

>group decides to cosplay AoT for upcoming huge con
>I go all out, make the gear and everything
>month before the con, we all try to put on our belts
>the difficulty of the belts completely kills the enthusiasm of the other two
>they decide to drop their AoT cosplays
>but they don't tell me until the day we leave for the con
>ended up cosplaying by myself for one day
>first attempt at gear was poor and rushed, so it fell apart
>group constantly remarking at how awful it must be to tote it around and see all my hard work go to waste
>tfw I was AoT for two hours for the entire weekend

>we agree to try AoT for the next con
>small, weeb-filled summer con
>remake the gear, super sturdy this time and water proof
>glue those fucking belts to my pants
>get actual foam swords
>group again decides to drop their AoT plans
>"it'll be too hot!"
>tfw they want to go as a Hobbit group instead
>ended up being AoT by myself, again, for one day
>dying as Thorin Oakenshield for the rest of the time

To be frank, I'm not sure what my group does in their spare time. I was able to stick 300+ scales on Thorin's tunic in about three days but they couldn't get a pair of gauntlets done in three months. Sometimes I don't want to test my luck with them, but when we get a group done we always have ten times more fun. I guess that's what keeps me coming back.

>> No.8660365

>organise cosplay group
>5/6 are either reasonably good or very good girls in their late teens/20s, should be fairly good group
>last cosplayer is overweight mother of 2 with no costumes to show anywhere
>can't think of a good enough reason to say no
>group organised 9 months before the con
>the person I'm closest to drops out due to health reasons maybe 3 months in
>that's fine, find someone else
>half the group has their costume done, other half haven't even shown progress photos or make up tests
>every attempt to find some progress or motivate them wields nothing
>"shall I try and organise a shoot?"
>"no anon it's okay, I'm rooming with a good tog and he's agreed to do a shoot for us"
>contact starts to ebb away despite my best efforts
>start being literally ignored
>week of the event
>cannot contact anyone
>realise it's not going to happen but decide to wear my costume anyway
>day before con
>"hey anon what's the plan?" from all 6 cosplayers
>massive relief
>throw together hurried meet-up plan
>turn up
>one other person arrives
>rest don't even bother to get in touch to say they're not coming
>fuck this
>find out they're doing the group again in a few months but replacing the mother of two with a locally famous cosplayer
>replacing me too, didn't even get invited
>pretty sure they'll be plastered all over the local community and praised to kingdom come
>bitter and salty as hell
>would rather just do group taobao orders that I organise because then at least I know who has what and when it's getting there
I don't know why people agree to groups they might not be able to do. It's one thing if it's work or health related, but if you just can't be bothered or can't afford it, don't agree to it.

>> No.8660370

>>8660117
>?? date unknown
>Fanime, so it's May
>ALA, so it's the following January, 8 months later

damn

>> No.8660515

>>8660099
A quick google search shows you their blog and Facebook, which shows you that the people in their "group" change pretty much constantly except for three meh girls who post about themselves 90% of the time. I'm kinda intrigued but I'm sure it's nothing special drama-wise.

>> No.8660543

I ended up asking my friends to do a group with me, but I was really the one who liked the characters the most out of all 4 of us. They were champs about it and agreed because they thought it would be cute since although the characters were obscure, they were related to all our interests. So it gets to the con and 2 of us are struggling to finish these fairly simple costumes. I overcomplicated it in my head and wanted to make it a certain way, but ended up rushing it anyways. It was so rushed, it fit me hella tight to the point of feeling like a damn fetish model wearing spandex, but we missed the first day of the con working on it. I wear it anyway, and we walk around and giggle about how excited we were to be cosplaying it together, but it was only for a few hours. I felt so bad because I was the last one to finish and kept my friends from seeing half the con because they couldn't get to the con without me. It was our worst con experience and we don't mention it. But half of us have remade our respective outfits and plan to wear it again in the future. As someone who ended up being the shithead in the group who waited and took forever, don't do this to your friends. They don't deserve that.

>> No.8660868

>>8660365
I would be bitter as fck.

>> No.8662689

>>8660365
Holy shit Anon that's fucking heartbreaking. Sometime similar happened to me too, though not nearly as bad.

I don't know I really like reading this thread because it's kind of nice to know that I'm not the only one whose every attempt at a group has fallen apart.

>organizes a large group of a show I REALLY love
>everyone is super excited and they're all talented people
> two months before the con, they all drop out and tell me that their "heart isn't in it"
>make and wear my costume anyway
>see these girls at the con
>in a full group of the series I tried to do, replacing my character with another cosplayer
>"Oh, Anon! We didn't except you to still wear it!"
>what the fuck assholes.

At the same con:
>had a small group (3 people) planned for Sunday
>grabbed a great photog willing to shoot for free
>10 minutes before the shoot, one messages the group that she can't find a pair of white socks so she doesn't want to do the outfit
>the other girl says "I guess we're not cosplaying it oh well" and drops as well
>I cry my eyes out but still manage to dry up in time to get some very cute pictures with my friend.

Both costumes were from the same series too. And I haven't cosplayed it since.

>> No.8662720

>>8662689
>"Oh, Anon! We didn't except you to still wear it!"
Fuck Anon. So they pretty much bailed on you so they could replace you with someone else? I would've lost my shit right then and there.

>> No.8662760

>supposed to do a five person group of obscure characters from a major franchise
>three people drop

And I've never done a group cosplay again. I max out at trios.

>> No.8662798

ok not my story but:
when i was 15 i was friends with someone my age who was very serious about cosplay. i stayed at her house for otakon because she lived closer to the convention center then I did. She was doing a mlp wedding group (princess cadence, shining armor, and princess celestia i think. and i think she was celestia but this was almost 4 years ago so im not sure)
I was cosplaying a very obscure vocaloid and my costume was pretty decent, but I probably needed a different wig, hem the inside of my duster, and make a decent fake tattoo. anyways she was super serious about cosplay and she had this mlp group, and apparently the other girl who was in it threw a shitfit about the way she was constructing her wings (even though it was perfectly fine looking) and made her remake them several times. in the end my friend was the best looking one out of the group because shining armor's wig looked cheap and shitty.

>> No.8662844

>>8662689
That is fucked up

What a inch of snake in the grass fucking cowards.

Nothing makes me angrier than people who want to play games like that instead of speaking their true intentions.

>> No.8662867

Get invited to join a friend's group.
I say I want to be character X. Friend tells me I can't because she is "literally that character". I get told I would suit character Y (conveniently the only character they have missing from the group).
I do not suit the character at all, but say yes because I want to hang out with the rest of my friends in the group.
With about a month before the con, work and college has picked up so much I have to bail.
Friend running the group is angry and throws a shitfest at me
I'm sad I can't join in because the rest of my friends are in the group
The night before the con I decide to pull an all-nighter and make the cosplay of character Y out of scraps as a nice surprise for my friends.
Utterly exhausted but succeed. Go to con running on empty but excited that I can join in the fun.
Arrive at con and am instantly asked to help do the make-up for one of the other friends in our group.
Do make-up while Friend organising the group arrives with someone else cosplaying character Y - no biggie.
We arrive at the photoshoot area. Friend organising the group: "Oh Anon, I don't want doubles in this photoshoot so can you sit with the bags?"
Not invited into a single photo and spend the few hours of the photoshoot sitting on my own with everyone's bags, hearing my other friend who I did the make-up for moan about how awful she looks in the cosplay and how she doesn't suit the character.
Wish I hadn't bothered at all.

I've long since said from now on if I'm in a group I'll do the character I want regardless or just do it on my own without a group. Less drama that way.

>> No.8662921

>>8662867
Man, ditch your friends anon. They sound like they throw their weight around and are total jerks.

>> No.8662931

>>8659887
This thread is why I just make every single costume myself

>> No.8662945

>full group for a shoot
>try to set a date for shoot
>person A says she absolutely could ONLY do the shoot on x day
>person B apologizes to everyone but she can't be present that day but encourages everyone to do the shoot anyway and get themselves some pretty photos along with A, since she only had that day available
>group ends up agreeing so person A can get some photos too, maybe some other time the group can manage to be all together
>day of the shoot
>person A doesn't turn up, doesn't warn anyone or offer an explanation

No words.

>> No.8663016

Seagulls, help me out. Was I actually the crazy one here? Too sensitive? Sorry for the length. Gotta get this off my chest.

(1/2)
I was invited to a group when the PKMN sapphire/ruby remake hype train had finally died off (5 months ago?). I'm in drama on the costuming crew so I had access to everything needed. And the con was put on by our anime club so it's not like it was anything fancy but our campus is a good size as is the area around it.

Now then.
Because 2 out of my 5 friends have birthdays in the same month, I volunteer to make everything on the grounds that everyone has to give their costumes back so I can use them in my portfolio. Friend 1 and 2 can have them as birthday presents.

I finish everything early but can't keep the costumes in the design room or my dorm so I give them to friend 1 (best friend) since she had her own place.

I end having to retake a test on the Friday of the con and text everyone to go w/o me. Text again on Sat. morning to see where to meet so we can get ready together but no one is responding. Oh well, I'll find them there.

They're nowhere to be found. Go to friend 2's dorm that night, she's not back yet. Drop by best friend's apartment on Sunday before con starts, she's already left. Go to con, find no one. Again. No one responds to my texts and phone calls. Again.

>> No.8663037
File: 36 KB, 640x640, 1444002108039-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8663016
(2/2)
See on Monday, everyone posting on Facebook how much fun they had, congratulate them and talk about how I wish I could have cosplayed with them.
Friend 3 says "Yeah, you weren't here so I just let my friend wear yours. You don't mind right?"

Slightly hurt but fine, have her return it to you so I can have it back. No response. Message 3-5 to please find this girl and return my outfits.
I saw that "read" icon, you little shit.
Go to their rooms, their roomates say they aren't there. Fine, you live in the dorms too, I'll be back.

Friend 1 and 2 message me a listing on our club's FB page next morning: friends 3-5 and 3's friend are selling the shit I made. Cue heated argument and the listing is removed - they call me a whiny bitch and complain that they needed money after the con since they're broke. Fuck you, get a job.

I probably would have let them keep the stupid costumes after I was done with them since I thought we were friends but to turn around and try to sell it off as their own barely 1 DAY AFTER THE CON? They weren't theirs to sell. I made those for free on the grounds that we could enjoy ourselves together and I could use this work to advance my school career.

I found out later that my phone wasn't actually sending the messages to 1 and 2 so I forgave them for blowing me off as it was my fault. But heard later that friends 3-5 and random bitch apparently managed to sell the costumes elsewhere for a nice chunk of change. The money pissed me off but the fact that they shifted me out and didn't have the balls to tell me to my face got to me more.

Never again. Learning experience to be careful which bitches you trust.

>> No.8663043

>>8663037
>>8663016
Friend 1 turned them over to some other person without telling you? Ignoring the phone issue, that's still really rude.

Selling them is definitely out of line, especially since you made them free-of-charge and expected them back.

Friends 3-5 clearly don't give a single fuck, and it's possible they only keep you around for the free cosplays, if you've done this more than once.

>> No.8663049

>>8663037
That sucks hard. They probably planned to fuck you over from the start since they thought entitled to your costumes and avoided you after they got what they wanted. Even the 2 with the bdays are shit for being a part of what the other 3 were doing, they should have stood up for you,

>> No.8663080

>>8663016
I was in a similar situation i.e. making outfit for a friend and myself and as soon as con came around I was subsequently dumped and told I wasn't welcome to cosplay with them. They were definitely consciously using you, at least the last two who sold it/stole the other outfit that was yours. It wasn't theirs to lend out and that was extremely unfair even after they knew you obviously would be at con that day/not in school.

>> No.8663097

>>8663043
>>8663049
I had completely overlooked that at the time but now that you bring it up, it is a bit suspect that those two didn't check in with me at all.

I stopped making free things for people aside from 1 and 2 but you're right - just because they didn't actively do it, doesn't mean they aren't guilty too.

>>8663080
It sucks to find out that that is most definitely what happened (and that other people do that as well, Wtf) but I am glad that I didn't lose friends from being overly emotional about this.

Sorry that happened to you too, anon. I hope you cut ties with them completely in response.

>> No.8663154

>>8663097
Oh yes they are gone. Blocked and moved on. Life is so much better with people who encourage you and not use you.

>> No.8663922

>>8659887
Look up "awkward cosplay", you'll find shit somewhere

>> No.8664221

After 8 years my friends and I finally found a show we want to do a group cosplay of. Their sewing and construction skills are good, but I'm worried that they'll run out of time by the convention. It isn't until May but last year I finished my things early and the week before the convention I was spending almost every night at a friends house helping them put things together. And one friend actually missed the first day and a half of a con because she wanted to stay home and make sure it was finished.
One friend's dad passed away two months earlier, so I understand that she was overwhelmed and had way more important things to worry about. The other was making two costume's for herself, two for her boyfriend, and helping like 4 other people with cosplays. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, but this is the first year where I won't be able to come over and help them out before the convention.

>> No.8664228

>>8663037
Shit like this makes me glad I don't have friends

>> No.8664251

>>8664228
Those kinds of people are not real friends.

>> No.8664290

>>8662798
yo which obscure vocaloid

>> No.8664325

>>8662867
It's really shitty that she threw a shitfest at you BUT it's really frustrating when people just "show up" to your group shoots without asking. If something like this happens again you really should tell them ahead of time you're making the costume if you expect to be included in the photos. It's a very reasonable thing to not want dupes in the shots and really frustrating when it happens.

>Helping organize large photoshoot with a cast of 15. Using facebook group for planning. Everyone has to apply to be cast, and all slots are filled.
>One group member 1 invites a friend to the group. Friend never talks to either of the coordinators and neither of us notice the new addition since she never makes a post.
>Day of shoot, both extra friend and group member 2 show up wearing the same outfit.
>Explain situation to group member 1, who is shocked that extra never actually applied. She talks to extra about why she can't participate. Extra is very mad but leaves. All is well for 5 minutes.
>Extra comes back while I am away taking photos. Refuses to leave.
>To settle the situation, member 2 decides to share the photoshoot with her. Other organizer agrees.
>Now have two different people playing the same character depending on what group photo you look at.

>> No.8664333

I'm in a large group cosplay at Katsucon and I'm definitely good for my costume as are a few people I know but I'm very worried that over half the group is gonna drop out by then. Oh well, I'll still look cute.

>> No.8664335

(1/2)
Alright so around this time last year a couple of friends of mine wanted to go to some local cons I'm not really a con goer too much but I love costuming & share same series interests. Friend asks me to join cosplay group. Says "I could use your help making stuff too...." Eh why not I'll join as a helper .

So I join the group and it's not too bad. Nobody's fighting over characters or anything. We all meet up to hang out and organize and
So construction is coming up and people are talking about props and EVA foam and shit. My friend mentions how I'm helping him. Everybody's ears perk up and this one guy pipes in "Hey can you MAKE my costume for me?" I giggle, tell him a flat no, and we move on.

That fucking guy finds me on facebook and starts being too friendly off the bat. So right in the middle of our conversations he says shit like "I'm really excited for the con" "I can't wait to go and show off my cosplay" "I wish I had someone to help me ...." until he finally says it "So you're going to make it or what?"

Sure. For a fee. Sends me a pic of what he has and barely has fucking anything. I tell him that's not enough for what he wants to do. He tells me "Yeah, you know that's why I need your help! So you are doing it for me then? ;D"
Tells him the supplies he'll need and then we'll work out pricing. Asks me if I could get the supplies because he has no idea what he's doing. Tell him "Yeah, but I'll have to add it to the cost of labor" He agrees.

So I meet up with him later I look at all the stuff. I tell him what I'm going to do and then we get on the subject of cost. He's confused. "I thought you were going to make this for me?", "Yes I am. And as we discussed there's going to be a fee. These time and energy and also money out of pocket for supplies."
He gets all hurt and recoils away from me while grabbing all his stuff back. "I thought you were nice, Anon-chan. I'll do it all myself" Yeah sure, I'm nice until it actually costs you anything.

>> No.8664336

(2/2)
So that guy decides to pull an vendetta against me and start complaining about how mean I am.He Get's standoffish when I do come for a meet and gets all pissy when my friend talks about his costume (which btw I am helping him on minor parts and not even the whole thing)

Two weeks before the con everybody is posting their progress. My friend posts his and a shitstorm ensues. "It's so unfair that you have someone helping you when we all have to do it by ourselves." They're all really stressed and having sewing trouble. I say "Hey if you need help or technical knowledge I got you, don't stress out like a little bitch"

So I help one girl with a hem, teach her how to handsew & w/e. Teach another guy how to baste and apply buttons and take in a waistcoat. The guy who wanted me to help him pipes up complaining "Oh you can do it for other people but not me."
Other people start complaining they need help. I can't help them. They start calling names and other shit. Talking behind my back. So I quit.

I told them I quit. They all saw the message. My friend is all bummed. So I still wanna go the con but end up not going on the first day (which they planned to meet). Next day they I got alot of shit about how I bailed on them last minute and how I didn't help them make things I didn't even agree to. One of them thought it way my job to actually photograph everyone and how it was so horrible I didn't let anyone know I wasn't going to be there. I get alot of hate and people talk about how bitchy I am and greedy.

Never Again.

>> No.8664339

>>8664336
Wow, good riddance to those people. Definitely don't want to hang with a bunch of people who'll just use you for all you're worth.

>> No.8664344

>>8664335
>>8664336
Oh geez, I hate people that just because a friend is a skilled craftsman they will do anything for free at the drop of a hat.
Fuck people that don't respect other people's time.

>> No.8664513

>>8664335
>>8664336
Oh forgot to mention that the guy and girl I helped were the only ones to really ask me for help. The other people who we're complaining never really asked me directly for help.

>>8664339
>>8664344
ikr? Like I understand people asking for help from someone who has technical knowledge, but being unwilling to do it for yourself is lazy. Not to mention it doesn't come free.

If you barely want to buy the materials and make it yourself what makes you think I am going to jump at the chance to? lmao

>> No.8664544

>>8663037
What a bunch of fucking thieves

I would have beat some ass or threatened to get the law involved depending on how angry I was

>> No.8664575

>>8664228
I cut bullshit off real quick

>> No.8664618

Not really a group but.

Plan to do a pair cosplay with a friend. Have 14 weeks during uni holidays to complete costumes. My friend does nothing all summer whilst I have a summer job doing 60 hours a week.

Gets to week before con and I'm struggling to finish my costume because I haven't really had the time. Turns out friend has even more to do than me. Why? She was doing fuck all all summer. Friend ends up crying and stressing that they can't finish their cosplay on time. Tell her that she had plenty of time to finish her costume and she gets angry at me and tells me her cosplay is more complicated and that she was busy. Busy doing what?! This girl barely socialises.

So I finish my costume 3am on the day of the con. We get to the con and it turns out my friend gave up on doing some parts of the costume. We spend a few hours of the con getting her dressed and gluing pieces together of her unfinished cosplay. During the day her cosplay keeps falling apart because she never fixes her armor to herself enough and then never learns from previous mistakes.

Thank god our costumes were not matching uniform ones.

>> No.8664737

In not trying to be rude, but some of you guys really need to learn to be more assertive so people stop taking advantage of you.

>> No.8664775

>>8664737
Hindsight is 20/20, anon.

>> No.8666283

>>8660067
>Later on girl posts on group page about how she was ignored during the shoot
>She purposely ignored us when we asked her to join photos
You did call her out on her bullshit right? I can't stand people like these, the sooner they get put in their place the better

>> No.8666324

>>8666283
My friends called her out on her bullshit before I even got to see the post. Other members of the group later on complained about her posting directly to the group page instead of privately messaging me. She was very poor mannered.

>> No.8667873

>>8659887
I only got involved in groups when I dated cosplayers.

Always adding me to random ass groups, marking me as a certain character.

Only actually do about 10% of them and when it came time for the groups to meet rarely half of the so called group showed.

So many better experiences just cosplaying with 1 or 2 friends.

>> No.8668364

>>8659887
Is that Soifon a guy?

>> No.8668772 [DELETED] 

>>8664290
sonika
engloids 4ever

>> No.8668780
File: 177 KB, 697x900, Ofclboxart_zrog_Sonika2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8664290
sonika, second release box art
engloids 4ever

>> No.8668786

>>8659887
I've had so many issues with group cosplays that now I only ask my friends to be a part of it.

I've had several instances of people dropping out the day before, never posting progress in the group but claiming they finished and then never show up, ignore texts/phone calls the day of asking where they are, when one person drops another drops because "the group won't be complete now", wait last minute to make a complicated costume so it now looks like straight shit, ETC. ETC.

I think the one that pissed me off the most was this girl that NEVER showed up for the photoshoot, even though the day before we had contacted her and told her where we'd be meeting and she okay'd it, then a few months later she's in the same costume for a different group.... and then had the audacity to message our group leader like almost a YEAR later to apologize about not showing up.

>> No.8668787

those cosplayers who are "cosfamous." think they are better then u. creepers at cons, drama. can i say more?

>> No.8668788

i do not like those want to be cosplay famous people. they ruin cosplay. anyone agree?

>> No.8668817

>>8660515
I am sort of in that group (or at least friends with the main people) and I have to say there really isnt much more than normal drama. All we do is get dressed in GOT and drink. Lots of drinking and do fun things.

>> No.8669515

>Love Live group to perform at a convention competition, rehearsing nicely and everyone getting along and learning well.
>One week before the convention the taobao costume orders still haven't shown up. Okay, that's fine, there's still a week and there's nine of us, so we decide to make simple costumes from scratch.
>Three people know how to sew.
>Somehow get nine full costumes completed in a week.
>One girl isn't able to make it to the performance anymore so we miraculously find a replacement with two days to go.
>Ask to use the girl's costume for the replacement, she says no and all hell breaks loose.
>Arguing all day until death threats are made and two more people drop out.
>Finally make it to the damn convention somehow still with a full group.
>Costumes are falling apart.
>Dance is a trainwreck.
>Are booed and laughed off the stage.
>Videos make it online as well as screenshots of the threats made to other members in the group.
>Are now considered scum within the local cosplay community.
>Welp.

>> No.8669523

>>8668787
>>8668788
Someone where I live used to talk shit about cosfamous people and said he thinks people who take cosplaying seriously are stupid...,

and now recently he made a post on his facebook page saying he was now cosfamous enough to sign people's gundam boxes and how he wants to enter cosplay contests.
He's such an awful person, and always talks mad shit about his friends and others. A big creeper too, he spends most cons drunk or hitting on girls, despite his ideal girl being 2D.

Sorry for going off on an OT tangent, but this guy is pretty much awful.

>> No.8669528

>>8669515
I guess the best thing is to just sort of let it go. Getting a full group + dance routine is hard and you gave it your all with the best that you had. Mind sharing the performance? At least you can look back and laugh about it now.

>> No.8669533

I've only attempted one large cosplay group and it was going to be for a panel a couple years ago. But the day before the panel my father passed away unexpectedly so I of course left the con immediately (thankfully it was a local con). I found out afterwards that originally I wasn't going to be replaced in the panel but then one of the panelists that didn't know what happened brought in one of their friends to replace me anyway. I don't blame the people in the panel though for what happened because it was due to miscommunication and they even filmed a short little video for me at the end of the panel saying how they missed me and their condolences.

I was pretty glad that the next year the convention ended up changing their dates so it wouldn't have such a negative connotation for me any more.

On a more positive note, I am hoping to do a full Odin Sphere group for Katsucon to celebrate the HD release. I'm hoping it will go well.

>> No.8669534

>>8669515
Holy shit anon.
I hope you're doing better now.

Why did the first dropout refuse to give up her outfit?

>> No.8669551

>>8669528
I would share it but I don't want to out myself to the rest of my group and face even more trauma (this was fairly recent and is still an ongoing issue).
We created the group with the goal of continuing to stick together and learn dances so we've removed problematic members and talked through a lot of the problems and hoping that we can try this again without it being so... awful.

>>8669534
No clue about why. I'm thinking it's because she didn't want to be replaced and loaning the costume would kind of solidify that she wasn't in the show anymore. Or it could have been a pride thing. Who knows, really.

>> No.8669656

>>8669515
Think of it this way, anon. You can't be any worse than the horror that was the Malice Mizer cosplay group performing Illuminati on stage for a cosplay competition.

>> No.8669664

>>8659938
Maybe they all died and were later replaced with robots

>> No.8669678

>>8663016
>>8663037
That blows so hard, anon. I had something like that happen with my friends as well.

>friends are hardcore into Sailor Moon
>I'm tiny sized teen at the time (size 2)
>family member makes me a Sailor V costume complete with tiny white moon printed fabric
>convention rolls around, I can't go
>friends are cosplaying terri-bad Sailor Moon closet cosplays for group
>they ask to borrow my costume for another girl who's tiny
>yeah sure, just remember to bring it back because it was handmade for me!
>convention ends, ask friends where my costume is
>"Oh, I don't have it. Your other friend has it."
>other friend doesn't have it, claims first friend has it
>ask them if the girl they borrowed it for wore it
>"No, it was too big on her. She's a size 0 so she couldn't wear it."
>never did find out what the fuck happened to it
>not sure if one of friends sold it or girl they borrowed it for took it home or what
>still bitter to this day

>> No.8669719

This shit is why I only join cosplay groups if I already want to cosplay the character and would be willing to do it alone. That way even if everyone bails, nothing of value is lost. It doesn't even matter if everyone in the group turns out to be awful, because this way you can just excuse yourself and walk around alone.

The only really terrible time I've had was a Harry Potter group where I was assigned Snape. They tried to make me spend $80 on a shitty wig I didn't want for a character I didn't want to be. The only time spent in that costume that wasn't terrible was hanging out with the Wormtail (who also was not happy about their cosplay). But it was my own damned fault for agreeing. So never again.

>> No.8669845

>>8663922
whoops

>> No.8669872

>International Sailor Moon Day
>local comic con happens to be on same day
>work with group of girls for months prior to make sure we have every sailor
>down to the wire we've had to replace and reinstate a few girls along the way.
>We have everyone except neptune, fine we can deal
>Our Sailor Moon tells us the morning of that she can't make it.
>Well, we were still pretty guardians.
It was just a little sad on everyone involved, but we had a good time regardless.

>> No.8669919

>>8664737
That's the story of my life. I recently became good friends with a girl I use to compete against in my con circuit. She is friendly and planned to integrate me into her cosplay groups so she started inviting me to meet some of her friends. Last con it entailed me sewing a bunch of the groups costumes that were in the masq. Granted I wasn't in the group I helped. The drama with the group was two out of the five finished before the con and one had basically nothing done. That was enough for me to not want to do groups I usually stick to duos less to mess up.

>> No.8670244

>>8669678
What, that's terrible, I'm sorry. You should've harrassed them til you found out what really happened.

>> No.8670264

>>8668817
Hm, I wonder what the anon was talking about then? This person was flipping out, calling them "crazy cheating alcoholics" and stuff. The person I follow was so worried she'd get dragged back in that she deleted her tumblr and got a new one. She kept telling the anon to leave her alone and that she hasn't talked to them in years. Maybe they chilled out?

>> No.8670279

>>8670244
I tried for a while but Friend 1 and Friend 2 just kept claiming each other had it and when I'd go to their houses they'd make a big show of checking their cars or their rooms for it and eventually I just gave up. I never saw it in any convention photos or listed online.

It was the first in a string full of bad cosplay/convention related incidents with those friends that led me to just leaving the group a few years later.

>> No.8670288

I've had best friends bail on me last minute because they seem to have the old mindset of "I can do this in a week" where I've gotten to that "I'll need at least a month" stage. I'm just not asking anyone to do groups and do my own thing.

One story though:
>best friend and now ex have no plans
>suggest trio
>can't compete though because judge
>they weren't going to either, coordinator however enters them anyway
>judges and I unbiased
>they feel they were best group because almost accurate
>I didn't touch either outfit so they are allowed to win
>break up 2 weeks later with ex
>next con she looks like absolute garbage
>queue accusations of me sewing the winning costume so I could have the prize
>that was legitimately the exes only decent cosplay
>skills have declined terribly since grouping with friends in cosplay; none of them can sew
>have been asked by several people in community; best friend said she watched me sit and watch them do it and refuse to touch their shit
>occasionally still get asked if I did the cosplay because it looked 'too good' for exes skills

Like I guess I was flattered that effort was made for me but still guys. You know me better than that. If I wanted the trophy I would've won it myself/stole my best mates for a laugh.

>> No.8670310

>>8669678
I'm a size 0 but I've worn size 2 stuff if I get desperate enough. It's not THAT MUCH bigger.
I'm guessing she kept it.

>> No.8670314

>Meet some friends finally
>Tell then about con coming up
>Maybe do group
>Only want to hang out with me in order to get me to help with cosplay
>Other friend I made only talks to me in order to draft him patterns
>Welp

I was really hoping for some cosplay buddiess, but I am hoping I'm just not used for my experience in sewing/pattern drafting.

>> No.8670328

>>8670310
Last I knew of her she didn't even cosplay so I have no idea why she'd want to keep it unless she wanted to sell it or something. I didn't know much about her to begin with aside from her constantly having drama and doing classic pity me stories saying she'd had at least three miscarriages.

>> No.8670354

>>8664325

I've been in a situation like that. It was just awkward as hell. Maybe it was even the same group.

>> No.8670520

One time I had to bail because I come down with the flu and couldn't stop vomiting for days. I still sent my friend her finished costume (that I had made 100% myself, she bought materials), but couldn't finish mine and I couldn't go to the con. She called me mid-puke to scream at me for ditching her and complained that a piece was missing before my boyfriend, who was holding my hair, hung up on her. She painted the design of the piece on and still went. The piece was in the bag, she just didn't look for it. But she still said we were done.

>> No.8670872

>friends all plan a big awesome group for a con
>two of the main characters are going on a date on day 1
>girl seems really excited about it and guy has been very polite and friendly
>characters are even canon together so it's cute af and everyone thinks things will work out just fine
>day 1 date goes well
>day 2 everyone goes out to dinner to meet up and talk about scheduled photoshoots and ideas for poses etc
>no one can get ahold of the guy that went on a date on day 1
>turns out he's on a date with another girl, never told girl from first date
>morning of cosplay group she weasels it out of him that he was two timing her and had outright lied about his 2nd date, originally saying he met up with friends
>she spends all morning crying but still gets into costume later for photoshoots
>group makes it clear he isn't welcome anymore
>no one from group acknowledges him the rest of the con except for one person but that person is an idiot anyway
Lesson learned: romantic entanglements are bad, even one date can be a fucking disaster. Also no more cosplay famous people in our groups. Their ego tends to override things like courtesy and they can't be counted on.

>> No.8671291

>>8660075
If you can pull that off that will be awesome. Love Undertale

>> No.8671346

>>8670520
What a bitch. You're better off without her.

>> No.8671375

>>8669656
I need a vid of this please.

>> No.8671699

>decide to cosplay with a friend something we're both loving a lot. the design have armor and she knows shit about armor making
> i make most of the armor.
> in most i mean literally everything, for both of us
> she only paints the fabrics and cry that we're not gonna finish in time
> i bust my ass off, cancel work to finish our cosplays
> use all the stuff i had at home and spend ton of money on materials
> end up spending a lot of money, time and effort on this cosplay
> give her the armor that looks really good considering time
> she complains she now need to glue everything and attach and why didn't i do it for her
> she keeps complaining about little things and refuse to pay me back
> i just literally throw a tantrum at her about how fucking terrible she's acting
> she acts like a child and said we're "partners"
> i block her in everything and ignore her completely

ughhh i hate people like that it took away all the motivation i had for group\couple cosplay

>> No.8671700
File: 615 KB, 1365x2048, 11856270_10153498272567092_1521067724538322079_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8671699
pic related - i'm Zelda, she's Hilda. didn't even get a proper photoshoot of this cosplay cause i was too busy making sure her is finished that mine fell apart at the end of the day

>> No.8671927

>>8671700
>>8671699
Looks pretty good, especially for the pain and suffering you went through.

>> No.8672035

>>8671375
The original is long gone from Youtube but there are other people doing the same thing if you search "malice mizer illuminati cosplay" on youtube.

>> No.8672058

>>8671700
Holy shit, that looks amazing. Congratulations, anon! Did she at least pay you?

>> No.8672075

>>8672058
By the story, I'm guessing the girl continued to refuse to pay and anon just cut her losses.

>> No.8672524

>>8664333
Same. Is yours Love Live?

>> No.8672714

>>8669534
With all the documented stories of cosplay theft, why would ANYONE want to lend out an outfit??

I sure as hell wouldn't.

>> No.8672865

>>8672714
I've loaned cosplays to close friends, but they're close for a reason.

>> No.8673044

>>8672524
Nope, im@s.

>> No.8673362

>>8672058
about a third of what she needed to. and refused to pay the rest or answer. so i gave up
too old for this shit

>> No.8673401

>want to commission friend to make a costume for me
>she always refuses
>this is why, holy shit

>> No.8673517

>Regular friend can't make it, need to find a sub for our group month before convention
>Found sub and promised to help with her cosplay
>I end up paying most of it AND actually sew the whole costume for her incl. styling the wig
>continues to bitch about how she's not going to make anything since after all we asked her to cosplay with us
>6 months later still uses the most absurd explanations to dodge paying me back

At least now I know not to cosplay with her. Or pay anything for her, since she keeps doing this to other people too.

>> No.8673628

Alright, I have one. Bear with me, first time posting and I'm on mobile. Plus, this isn't really a group cosplay, more like "My friend who was blind for awhile was nearly kidnapped"

First off, the group is great. We're all great friends, and we're all nerds and geek. One friend (The only girl) had an accident, so she went temporarily blind for a while (she's better now, but has to wear glasses since her eyesight is damaged). So when she said she wouldn't be attending a con that she was really excited for, we went and said no, you're coming with and we'll look after you. She was pretty surprised but decided to come with. P helped her into her lolita dress since he was closest to her (they've been friends since elementary school, they're best friends for life) which was funny to hear through the door ("Don't pull too tight! Don't look, I have micro tits!" "Lady, I'm trying to help!" this is normal interaction, like I said, bffls)

So she gets dressed, her eyes are covered with a bandage (she had surgery in her eyes which left her eyes highly sensitive to light, so she had to have them covered for a while), grabbed her walking stick and we were off. I was cosplaying as Tyson from Beyblade (original anime), P was cosplaying as Yusuke from YuYu Hakusho.

>> No.8673651

>>8673628
Aww! That's so sweet of y'all. I feel like there's more to the story though.. right?
Get to the stuff! I'm curious as to what she looked like too with the bandages, but I wouldn't expect you to post a friend on here.

>> No.8673698

>>8673628
So we get there, and we take A LOT of photos so that M (girl) can see the amazing cosplays. I should mention that this was in 2009, can't remember what con it was. Anyways, P and I are taking turns in holding her hand, whilst she holds her walking stick out so that she knows that there's nothing there. She's pretty embarrassed, she doesn't ask for help very easily, seeing as she's, I don't know any other word for this, tsundere.

At one point we get hungry so we take a break. P stays with M whilst I get some Nandos. It's at this time that the kidnapper comes in, we'll call him C. From what P told me, this is roughly how the conversation happened

C- Hello, can I take a photo of you two?
M- sure, how about you P? (should be noted she was facing the opposite direction of P)
P-Yeah alright. What kind of pose ya want mate?
C- any is fine

So they do some posing, natural, serious and humorous, the usual. I come back as C left with hands full of chicken and chips. We don't think nothing of it, just a guy wanting pics of cosplayers.

After eating we go about, minding our own business, looking at merchandise (describing them to M). Then I see C. Now, he isn't looking at us, he was looking at some wall scroll so I think nothing of it. But then as the day goes on, I begin to notice that he's everywhere we were. I didn't want to alarm M or P, so I kept quiet.

>>8673651
There's more to it, don't worry. I spoke with M and she isn't comfortable with posting a photo of herself, sorry.

>> No.8673727

>>8673698
So toward the end of the day, we're pretty tired, M's feet hurt because heels, she's also feeling guilty for hitting a couple of people with her stick (she said sorry over 20 times, I counted) and both P and I need to pee REALLY badly. Now, I don't see C anywhere, haven't seen him for awhile, so I figured leaving her near the bathroom would be ok whilst me and P go about our business.

We leave for maybe 2, 3 minutes and when we come back, M is not there. She isn't anywhere to be found. P begins to freak, I begin to freak, we don't know what to do. I ask a couple of cosplayers if they saw her, and they mentioned that they saw her being lead by hand by a man. They describe him, and it's, guess who, C. P immediately asks which direction they went, and they point towards the entrance/exit, where there is a train station. We immediately bolt like hell, hoping to that we're not too late. We begin to yell for her, when we hear her yell back "P! S!" we run to her direction and see her standing near the entrance/exit by herself, with C no where to be found. We run up and hug her, apologising and asking if he hurt her and what not.

She told us that he grabbed her hand and she though it was P or me, going a long with him. She got worried when she noticed that they were walking really fast, so she asked why they were nearly jogging (mind you, she's wearing heels). She got even more worried when he didn't respond. She also noted that he wasn't wearing deodorant (me and P wore strong deodorant, and M has hung put with us enough to recognise the smell and associate with us). She panicked and was about to start screaming when she heard us yell for her, and she yelled back. Then he just left her there and ran somewhere.

We told the security, and they told us that they would let us know if they found anything. I guess they never caught him, since we were never contacted.

>> No.8673729

>>8673727
We didn't go back for the next two days, because jesus Christ our friend nearly was abducted right under our noses. It's still scary to think that someone tried to abduct a blind girl at a cosplay convention. If me or P see that fucker again, he better be able to outrun us.

>> No.8673747

>>8673729
Yeah, you really need to keep on eye on disabled friends at conventions. Creeps tend to go for them because they feel like they have the advantage.
At least she's okay.

>> No.8673751

>>8673628
I should clarify that after the accident, she had surgery in her eyes which left them in a fragile state, in which she was insanely sensitive to light, and in order for them to recover she needed to keep them covered.

>> No.8673773

>>8673747
>Creeps tend to go for them because they feel like they have the advantage.
Emphasizing this. It's sick, but it's 100% true. Really socially awkward people that are scared of the opposite sex are also more likely to fetishize disabilities because they're less threatening to them as well.

>> No.8674178

>>8669845
Hi Alex/Brett/Danielle/Marisa/Nicole/Christie/Renee/Emily?/Gabbi?

You're all faggots

>> No.8674290

We had a group of Attack On Titan cosplayers last year.

>three of them i'm still friends with now, one never watched the series in the first place, and one assaulted/abused me so i cut them out of my life
>we were all annoyed at the start of the day because it was raining and we were told to wait in the regular queue even though we had priority tickers, and when we got to the front of the reg queue they told us to join the priority line because apparently they had different ticket scanners
>that set the day off badly
>everyone got annoyed because we were all into different things and so we wanted to stay together but also go everywhere else
>the one person who i left on bad terms - who was an old friend and didn't know the others too well aside from the times i'd met them with her - had a really bad "if I don't like it, we should go elsewhere, everything should be centered around me and my time" attitude (even though going there in the first place was a birthday treat from my other friends and she didn't have to pay anything) and so she got pissy at everyone
>people started arguing and getting annoyed at each other so we just went to sit in the empty hall space with some others
>i started crying because as the host i felt like i'd done a shitty job of our day as nobody was happy and i couldn't please everyone

It sucked. I still regularly attend cons with two of the three people I'm still friends with from that group (we're going to MCM London next week as a Life is Strange cosplay group, in fact), and we have great times. I'm still convinced that the only person bringing that group down was the old friend.

>> No.8674299

>>8674290
Ha, I was just thinking "that ticket system sounds like MCM"

>> No.8674385

>>8664325
what if the extra is a character that no one in the group is dressed as ?

>> No.8674436

>>8673698
>>8673727
>>8673729
Just a heads up in the future, we generally prefer codenames for story characters rather than letters or numbers. Fred or Pepsi or even Blind is either to remember than 'C'.

>>8673773
This so much. I'll admit, I do automatically think a lolita in a wheelchair can look 10x cuter, but I know how rude it is to admit that sort of thing in person. I remember a story a while back about a girl in a wheelchair who kept being stalked by a guy in a con who was telling her about his 'wheelchair loli fetish' hentais, and it's not like you can quickly get away from someone in a crowded con with a chair.

>> No.8674442

>>8674436
>I remember a story a while back about a girl in a wheelchair who kept being stalked by a guy in a con who was telling her about his 'wheelchair loli fetish' hentais, and it's not like you can quickly get away from someone in a crowded con with a chair.
Yep. I was the anon that that anon replied to, and I was thinking of a mute girl that used to come on cgl. She had a lot of guys creeping on her at conventions, stalking her to different cons, etc. all because they "had a fetish for mute girls." I asked her if she knew why they were into that kind of thing, and she just put "Because I can't say no." Kinda haunts me to this day.

>> No.8674447

>>8659938
>collage

How?

>> No.8674454

>>8674442
That's some /x/ tier shit, no sleeping tonight

>>8673401
Maybe she doesn't want to potentially ruin the friendship, getting money involved in a friendship is always bad news.

>> No.8674551

>>8674442
Jesus fuck no. That's terrifying.

>> No.8674891

>>8673747
I guess it's the 'white knight' (as my friends call it) in me, but I thought people were better then that, especially at a con. Especially when it comes to disabled people. Guess there will always be messed up people, no matter where you are.

>>8674436
Sorry about that, I didn't know. Lime I said, first time posting. I'll keep that in mind for future stories.

>> No.8677229

>>8674178

How could you possibly identify somebody from "whoops"?

>> No.8677260

Hey so there's a bunch of stories where you should just cut out toxic people from your life, but how do you actually do it? Any tips? I've got someone annoying that my entire group wants to cut but they just keep coming back and acting like everyone is very good friends with them. How should we get rid of them without putting ourselves in danger if they go insane one day?

>> No.8677265

>>8677260
Tell them to pretty much get fucked and that the group will be keeping an eye on them.

My friend had to do that to a group of people who now just bitterly stalk us from a distance. I even mentioned "court" and "police" and they all blocked us from FB at least.

Really most people don't take that news easily so whatever happens after is completely random. It sucks but you can't put up with someone forever. One of you will blow and all hell will break loose. Just cut them and don't initiate contact. If they're petty they'll trip up and everyone will see.

>> No.8677298

>>8674385
Then obviously it's not as awkward as ending up with a character conflict, but still why the fuck wouldn't you contact the coordinator ahead of time? There's zero disadvantage to telling them, and all the reason in the world why you shouldn't "surprise" everyone:

>Informing the photographer that your group is larger or potentially paying more. This can be really bad if your photog has caps.
>Coordinating where to meet/what time to do costumes.
>Saving your poor group coordinator from pulling their hair out if they've been scrambling to fill the slot

Coordinating a group is a thankless job; don't make it any harder than necessary.

>> No.8677300

>>8670354
Katsu 2015?

>> No.8677310

We had about 15 people in our team for a very popular 90s anime. We had the main characters and pretty much almost all of the side characters.

Day before con, leader of our group says they can't go because of exams. 2nd leader says she's sick. Few more people drop out and guess what, we're left with 3 very obscure characters, 2 rivals and 1 love interest with no main characters whatsoever. And these three characters barely cannonly interact with each other to begin with. We called ourselves the side character team and just walked around aimlessly all day.
That was the day I swore off any groups larger than 3.

But then again, I also was once half of a pair cosplay and my other half just didn't turn up because of something or another. I carried around a clipboard with 'have you seen my partner?' on it. It was the sort of cosplay that only makes sense if you have the two characters together because just by myself, I looked like some random generic Japanese classmate OC.

>> No.8677314

>>8677260
Easy, just gradually start talking less and less to them. That way it's less of the dramatic "cut me off" and more of "everybody just got busy".

>> No.8677348

>>8677300

yes

>> No.8678507

>>8674436
>>8674442
Either the wheelchair anon was me, or it's happened to someone else on here as well (which wouldn't be surprising). I was(/am still, on rare occasions) only temporarily in a wheelchair, but the cons were the WORST places I went while I had to use it, for a lot of reasons. Aside from the 'cripple loli' fetish guy, I was surprised that more than one girl told me how lucky I was to be in the chair as if it was something enviable. It was more galling then being asked to hold stuff for strangers.

I was also asked in line: "do you feel anything, y'know, down there?" (I'm not paralyzed in the slightest) out of the blue as a way a dude tried to start up a conversation. Oh anime con people, pls get better at social interactions.

Btw, I don't care if people have wheelchair/whatever fetishes, but just don't shove it on people in a creepy way.

Sorry for slight OT. I'm enjoying the horror stories in this thread: it makes me happy to be rather a hermit who avoids groups.

>> No.8679362
File: 1.41 MB, 280x210, nope bobby.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8674442
>all because they "had a fetish for mute girls." I asked her if she knew why they were into that kind of thing, and she just put "Because I can't say no."

>> No.8680472

> decide to do group genderbend cosplay based on fanart for a con
> have complete group until 1 drops because lack of funds/interest. no one to sub. oh well.
> start work. get costumes. get hype.
> loan one of my wigs to a friend. get about halfway done styling before i need to put focus back on my own shit. she has to style the rest herself.
> finish modifying my outfit. last parts of cosplay come together.
> con rolls around. excited to see everyone's results
> get to convention
> get to meetup
> wig i lent friend looks like shit
> can't tell who half the group is even supposed to be
> "hot" member isn't hot
> only me and one other put effort into mimicking original fanart designs
> shoot lasts for fifteen minutes before one member has to leave for work. everyone breaks off after that.

overall just disappointed at the lack of effort and money spent for something that didn't even last an hour

>> No.8680479

>>8678507
>"do you feel anything, y'know, down there?"
I hope that was a total social anxiety mistake that he regrets deeply, otherwise I hope that he falls down a well.
I would blame the internet for making people so shit at conversation and manners, but it's not like you could even post something as horrible like that as a facebook comment.

>> No.8680580

>>8677229
I didn't?? I literally just said the names of every member and co.

>> No.8680774

>>8680580
I'm with the other anon, your comment makes no sense since it looks like you "called out" the person who made the "whoops" reply. Did you mean to reply to OP's image?

>> No.8681760

>>8680774
nah your a samefag lmao

>> No.8681972

>>8681760
Explain your logic then, because you're making absolutely no sense to anyone.

>> No.8683772

This is a bit more cringe than horror, but I wanted to post it. A couple of years back, myself and a couple of friends got invited to a birthday party of a fellow cosplayer, so everyone decided we’d dress up for the lels. One friend (3rd friend) asked if she could invite a couple of girls she knew at her college (we were all living in different places), so both we and the host agreed assuming they’d be like-minded people. We chose to go as a Marvel group and this was all fine and dandy until the day we got to the party. These two girls were standard basic bitch types, one was wearing a store bought *Wonder Woman* costume and the other didn’t even bother dressing up at all. They spent most of the evening sitting in the corner of the kitchen glaring at everyone and bitching about how shit the party was. The most embarrassing part was that that 3rd friend who invited them was telling all the other attendees they were with us. Someone came to us and claimed that he tried to talk to them and they told him it was like a kiddy party. The two of us ended up leaving early because it becoming too painful and didn’t see 3rd friend again for the rest of the Summer. When we did end up speaking to her again, so gave us some shit about how we didn’t make the bitches welcome and almost fell out with us over it.