[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 198 KB, 500x398, 1414456149268.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8652508 No.8652508 [Reply] [Original]

>planned coord for Halloween
>bought dress far in advance
>stuck at "customs clearance" for 8 days now
>fear it might not arrive on time
>fear it might be lost

I'm mad and anxious at the same time. I hate my shipping company, they always fuck up some way or another.

>> No.8652511

I got so many new dresses, but I have nothing to wear them to. I don't want to get buyers remorse because of it. I love my stuff, I don't want it to feel like a waste of money.

>> No.8652556

I want to find out whats going on with a certain famous lolita/model re: their latest tumblr overhaul and anon posts about shitty partners cause I'm curious af, but I also dont want to start drama as they probably dont need that kinda shit rn so I'll just keep being a vauge asshat and agree with the other anons, shove a bamix in his face [rec] style & get out while you can.

>> No.8652571

>Making armour for the first time
>Looks shitty
>Does not fit well
>Don't have time before the con to remake it

I hope it will become better after the paintjob

>> No.8652651

Some kind anon recently found my dream dress for me it was selling secondhand on taobao (its a taobao brand so don't really have to worry about replicas) and I was so excited and I did a bunch of research on how to order from taobao and emailed a shopping service and I was all excited when she emailed me back and said that she could get the dress...but it was in the one color that I don't really want. The retard on taobao was attempting to trick someone into buying it by putting pictures of the more popular color of the dress up on the listing instead. I'm kinda heartbroken. Honestly if I didn't have to pay out the ass in shipping and shopping service fees I'd just settle for it but I can't justify spending that much on the color that I don't really want. When it shows up secondhand on lace market and stuff its usually the small size which definitely won't fit me. I'm considering buying the small the next time it comes up and having it altered to fit me. Which is ridiculous because I know if I could just get my hands on a medium or large it would fit me just fine! I'm just really upset right now.

>> No.8652666

Missed out on enchanted fawn because fucking of course I did.

>> No.8652688

>>8652508
>go to school (university for you salty cunts)
>everything goes well in the morning
>suddenly everyone starts ignoring me
>even the teachers ignore me
>accidentally hurt myself in the auditorium when my hand got stuck in a broken seat
>feel like shit
>go home
>get stared at all the time because of my bloody (literally) hand
>cafeteria food was barely edible so I had to go hungry, and I'm not even picky
>get home
>smells strange
>furniture, shoes, everything turned upside down
>massive blobs of dog diarrhoea all over the floor, settee, kitchen, one of my dresses
>cry
kill me

>> No.8652700
File: 495 KB, 500x321, 1382544770357.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> be poor and can't justify buying expensive clothes
> graduate, get a job, money money money, pay off debt
> time to get into lolita after a decade of being pisspoor
> lol not happening, I must be a horrible landwhale
> at least there's always watching and shitposting
> check measurements
> fuck you cgl for convincing me everyone out there is disgusting landwhale and can't fit into precious burando
> aka. find out I can fit into burando I want
> time to get me some fancy clothes

Now I've found out I can afford burando and fit into it. (I never checked out if I could to give myself more reasons to stay away from lolita.) Money problems are gone. I can afford burando, but damn I don't have any self control. I've went from idly following new releases and second hand markets to spends all freetime stalking whether there's something I've always wanted.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but at the moment all this lace makes me ridiculously happy.

>> No.8652707

>>8652688
>supposedly university
>teacher, not professor?
>auditorium, not lecture hall?
>cafeteria food?

you must be 18+ to use this site, fuck off. At least try next time.

>> No.8652712

>>8652511
I have the opposite issue. Many meet invites and a tiny wardrobe. I don't want to be the girl who recycles her coords so frequently. I do it anyway but only as a lone lolita.

>> No.8652715

>>8652707
Fuck off, English isn't my mother tongue and here it's called an auditorium, not a lecture hall.

>> No.8652721

>>8652707
Not that anon, but the same as >>8652715
Stop being such an US-centric fucktard.

>> No.8652731

>>8652715
nice ass-covering, but you'd still have the ability at any university level cafeteria, mess hall, mensa etc to fucking turn around and not buy the food there, or they'd have options. Also most adults don't leave their shit lying around everywhere when they have a (poorly trained) dog.

>> No.8652759

>>8652731
The poor girl literally said she hadn't eaten anything, meaning she did not eat at the cafeteria? Why are you so salty? And diarrhea usually means something's wrong with the dog, so it probably couldn't control itself...
Damn bitch take a chill pill

>> No.8652760
File: 2 KB, 125x70, 1443936719847s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>dream dress arrived
>won on mbok for about retail, it's a full set plus two random items and usually it goes for a good chunk above retail
>open package
>tfw whole set is new with tags

I'm beyond happy. I asumed all of it was worn but it seems that only the the cutsew was worn once.
I really can't belive it. All the regret that I didn't bought it on release, it's gone.

>> No.8652764

>>8652707
>>8652731

Different anon from totally different country.

Around here some tertiary institutions have dorms for out-of-state students, so they would have a cafeteria attached. The cafeteria is normally open to all visitors, not just students, but also parents, teachers, visitors, etc. I actually assumed that's what anon was, and that the dog was their roommate's (dorms here won't allow pets, but eh, different country).

Additionally, a lot of our younger universities are literally built in the middle of nowhere, because a plot of land in the middle of undeveloped land (not the country side, just large plots of land where nobody has built anything yet) is cheaper and easier for the university to expand. So if you live in one of those dorms you can't really walk out and buy food from elsewhere, you'd have to drive an hour out to the closest shop and pray it isn't closed.

Not that I'm saying they're lying or not lying, I'm just pointing out that these things are all definitely plausible in my country.

>> No.8652773

>>8652688
Dem school feels
>day goes well despite anxiety induced insomnia
>friend then informs me her exams are just after Halloween
>other friend informs me she's hosting a Halloween party despite having already confirmed she was free to come to mine
>finals coming up, everything happening at once, find out I have exam on day of a gig, now I have to sell the tickets
>last minute notification of postgrad info at uni I was in process of applying to, find out they changed the deadline and I missed it
>yet another friend cant organise her way out of a paper bag and had to cancel catch up
>every single chance I had to wear lolita (Halloween/catchups) and relax is now fucked
>my plans for the future are all up in the air and I'll probably have to apply at a uni in buttfuck nowhere to do the course
>pretty much everything I was looking forward to this month has turned to shit all in a day
> hellosleepdeprivation.jpg

>> No.8652777

>>8652764
Just curious, what country is this? In the US, even universities in the middle of nowhere still have fast food and corner stores and other necessities since it's odd to put a bunch of people in a secluded place with no access to groceries and whatnot, and a business would eventually capitalize on the student population. Plus you can always just pack a sandwich or something too if you know the cafeteria food is shit.

>> No.8652793

>decide to start investing in mature, classic brand pieces I could wear to work
>end up wasting all of my spending money on cheap sweet taobao pieces

I have no self control. It's so much easier to impulse buy than to save, but I won't get nearly as much wear out of this stuff as I would a quality toned down piece.

>> No.8652807

>tfw my order from bodyline's birthday sale finally arrived

The costume actually looks really good!!! I wish I'd bought more. The headpiece I got sucks but I was expecting that lol

>> No.8652814

>>8652777
To be fair, it's easy to be captain hindsight on an anonymous Moroccan basket weaving forum, but lord knows you just forget sometimes. I've forgotten my keys countless times and locked myself out of my house.
I think we're getting way too into the irrelevant details here instead of mourning the loss of an innocent dress.

>> No.8652819

>>8652777

Asia. I should mention it's only the younger universities, less than ten years old. All of them will eventually grow fast food joints, grocery stores, more housing, small townships, etc. It's just at one point some of these universities jumped ahead of the developers, so you sometimes get a university that established itself way ahead before developers established the town that's supposed to be next to it.

>> No.8652821
File: 80 KB, 467x700, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I putting together a witch coord for Halloween (unoriginal, I know) but now a few girls in my comm are shitting up the comm page with pic related. What's with all the ttly-4real-pagan-witches in lolita lately? I've known most of these girls for a while and they used to be regular gothy weebs, but now apparently one's a sea witch and one's a swamp witch and one's some kind of fucking fairy witch bullshit and I just want to wear my new Antique Beast hat in peace without having to deal with these tryhards. Unfortunately my comm is pretty SJW so if I offend these chicks I'll probably be painted as the bad guy. Can I blame tumblr for this?

>> No.8652825

>>8652807
which costume did you get? I'm still waiting on my order from the sale, and my tracking still says Tokyo, so I'm living vicariously through people getting their orders.

>> No.8652827

>>8652777
OP of the post, but I live in Finland. The school (university of applied sciences) is in the suburbs of a soon to be ghost town in the midlands and aside from a hairdresser and a shitty pub there's absolutely nothing here outside of the campus cafeteria (one uas/university usually has multiple campuses scattered around a city). And pubs here don't serve food, just drinks and maybe Coke. And they're usually full of homeless alcoholics.
There's really no way you can compare a country of 5 million inhabitants, concentrated mostly in and around the big cities, to the US. The system is very different too.
And if you want proof, I can post the picture of the floor but you know, suit yourself

>> No.8652835

>>8652821
Oh my god anon I feel so bad for you. I would say fuck it and wear it anyways. They need to chill the fuck out and stop being a bunch of retarded cunts and let everyone dress up like the cute witches they want to be. I would give zero fucks if someone got offended at my witch coord. Thankfully my comm isn't that retarded. Yet.

>> No.8652903

Got a lot of money in this month,earned it. Months of deprivation, tears and sleepless nights.
Debt free. Lots of lolita, over many years, all budgeted for. Mainly secondhand or cheap offbrand. Feel guilty for having it in the first place despite joy it gives me. About to make my dream lolita room. Don't feel I deserve it. Feel guilty although its only costing a twentieth of what I am saving. Think I should be saving it all. Been a poorfag for so long knowing that having some money there (security) feels better than any creature comforts. My husband thinks we should enjoy the little bit we are allowing ourselves to spend after but I still don't trust we are "safe". Feel like we building castles in the sand.

>> No.8652908

>>8652825
I got sakuya izaoi from touhou. I was shocked at the quality of the costume, after buying a couple costumes and a wig from US websites and stores. The US stuff was horrible material, the bodyline is cheaper and much thicker fabric

>> No.8652920

>Friend wins 2 tickets to NYCC on Sunday.
>She invites me.
>Excited
>Figure out coord
>Try it on and feel fat and ugly
>Face cream burned my skin so it's peeling badly
>Face decides I need some zits
>Slide on astro turf at the gym and scrape up my legs
>Lose a toenail from a good injury
>No longer want to go to con

It's not like I have money to buy anything anyway...

>> No.8653135

>>8652688
Be a fucking adult and take that dog to the veterinary instead of feeling sorry for youself

>> No.8653201

>had a lot of things to revise because of college/university/whatever you want to call it
>went to the yaoi yuri con on saturday because fuck it, why not
>con was disappointing, aside from the fact that 3 artists were selling good things including hamletmachine what was she even doing in France though, I have no idea
>I wasted precious hours of my weekend walking around in circles in a circus to check the mostly terrible booths instead of studying for my tests

I have so many regrets right now. I'm not ready for my last test of the week, which is tomorrow, but I'm totally ready to fail. The only thing that keeps me going is the announcement about shin megami tensei 4 final.

>> No.8653213

>>8653135
Its happened today, the vet is closed. Why are people being so salty over this, it's not like you know how it actually went aside from what I told you.
>inb4 take her tomorrow!
Thanks captain obvious

>> No.8653217

>>8653201

Sorry to hear that anon, I hope you have luck tomorrow. Were there no interesting events at the con ?

>> No.8653218

>>8652920
Patch yourself up, find a cute normie outfit you feel comfortable in, and go. Go gawk at cosplayers and take pictures of itas and have fun with your friend. It's not always about being in lolita, just try to have a good time and let yourself relax.

>> No.8653235

>>8652821
When will this stop?
I need one with skeleton costumes being disrespectul towards the deceased or something with vampires and griefing twilight fans.

>> No.8653236

>Formerly small and tight-knit comm suddenly gets bigger
>Full of high schoolers and people who act like high schoolers who love bodyline and replicas
>New girls start calling our group brandwhores and elitists
>We buy brand because we all have jobs and careers
>Mfw no one has been mean but people hate us apparently because we dress well
>Mfw I have no face

Bonus: someone tried to start rumors that we were posting anonymous hate about other comm members when there's proof that it never happened.
It's annoying because I just want to go to meets and make friends and dress cute, not be ignored and/or accused of bullying just because I don't wear replicas.

>> No.8653241

>>8652821
I cringed so hard reading this

>> No.8653248

>>8652700
I'm turning 32 in less than a month, and I barely lost enough weight to fit into later brand. Fuck cgl, at the end we're not paying your bills or filling your wardrobe. Do what makes you happy and don't post where salty gulls will find you; we're more vultures than seagulls.

>> No.8653254

>>8652731
Your faith in adults is excessive.

>> No.8653255

>small lolita comm
>be me, be newbie, be a bit ita
>everyone is really nice but honest to helping me improve
>first meet is really fun and everyone's lovely, on the way to making some friends
>good few months before the next meet
>work really hard to improve, do research, buy better shit etc.
>turn up looking so much better
>feel like I don't bring down the level of the comm any more
>everyone practically ignores me for the entire meet, yes or no answers, stuck on the edge
>would have understood this at my first meet when I was a newbie ita, but they were all so nice before?
>why, I just want loli friends

>> No.8653292

>>8653217
Thanks, anon! I might I missed the good and interesting things since I was only there Saturday but not Sunday. There was a panel explaining the origin and popularity of BL which was ok I guess but too crowded so I didn't stay for very long. They also showed the first two episodes of yurikuma arashi which also interested me but it was even more crowded iirc so I gave up. It was really small, not that it was a bad thing itself, but after the 3 first hours I was done seeing everything at least twice.

>> No.8653316

>>8653218
She invited me because I'm her only other lolita friend. She has other closer friends that would want to go but she picked me because she wants to wear lolita together since we rarely get the chance to. I just feel like I'm going to let her down by being ugly. I can't really do much about my weight by the con (I exercise 5 to 6 days a week as is) but my skin should heal by then I hope. I'll take one for the team even if I feel unattractive.

>> No.8653330

>Sees a dress I've always liked
> Has money, just iffy
> Checks measures
> A little small but I really need to lose weight
> Waits 24 hours
> It's still there, commits to buy
> Finds another source with different measures
> Too fat for the dress but already purchased it
> Oh god I'm not used to being too fat for burando

I already planned on losing weight and such so it will motivate me. I got really lazy lately and I'm bloated (right now is the worst time to take measurements), but I need to lose 10 cm on my waist and I'm kinda ashamed of that.

>> No.8653337

Finally back at school and can meet up with com. Jave a nice coord i havent worn out yet with my dream dress. So many meet ups planned this fall and all of them when I'm busy. Finally last weekend free and there's a meet! Horrible weather scheduled so it was proponed. Actual day it was beautiful. Now can do anything until maybe November

>> No.8653566
File: 530 KB, 853x1280, vikingcostume1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652821
I-is this not a joke? Has it really come this far? All the parodies come true eventually.

>> No.8653573

>>8652821
totes4reelpagans don't fucking call themselves witches, it was derogatory.

>> No.8653621

>>8652821
I agree with most of these "I am not a costume" things but this is just fucking stupid.

>> No.8653629

I hate these "i am not a costume" things, do people get that being racially ethnic does not mean culturally?

>> No.8653630

>>8652773
Anon I know you want to wear lolita but really you can focus on surviving and still have a little bit of happiness.
1) decide on an arbitrary weekend far away in the future that you can do a proper meet, tell everyone in advance you want to do something on that day even if it's just a cafe. You now have something to look forward to.
2) Make sure you keep an up to date calendar of all these upcoming commitments, look at it each day, don't let anything sneak up on you again
3) Wear lolita whilst you sit and sort out your applications and other stuff whilst eating cake and tea. Be momoko, before she met ichiko she didn't need any one to be kawaii with.

You can do this anon, if you live in the middle of nowhere one day you can still keep your frienships going as well as meet new people.

>> No.8653653

>>8652773

>>8653630 has it figured out for you. Lolita is nice, but speaking as someone who has the same issues with organization, you really need to prioritize.

Although I'm curious why you can't just wear lolita every day to uni. As someone who has to wear professional casual every day, even bumfuck nowhere universities have a few alt dressers. You should really take advantage of the no dress code while you can - by the time I got into lolita, I was already doing 'pre-work' stuff and I had to dress professionally all the time. And it sucks.

>> No.8654027

>>8652821
Idk Anon as a practicing Wiccan I usually dress up like a cute "witch" for Halloween parties and stuff I've never seen anything particularly wrong with it. My personal opinion is that if you see someone dressed up and it cheeses you off this hard your broom stick must be shoved pretty far up your booty.

>> No.8654037

>>8652511
Same here. I keep buying dresses when I wear lolita like once every other month.

>> No.8654530

tl;dr but

>stressed because I switched universities in order to do a specialisation that isn't available in my city
>feel like I spend my life commuting now, especially since my home is near my ex uni so I just had a 5 minutes walk last year
>have had to abandon my beloved sewing classes, haven't worked on cosplay for a month
>Classes end at 3pm on Monday and Wednesday and the bus stops at uni at 3:01
>if I miss this one, I miss my train and only get home at 5
>class ends even later the other days
>Monday teacher is cool and lets us go 5 minutes early, but Wednesday teacher keeps us longer, despite telling me "class ends at 3" when I asked if I could leave 2 minutes early
>have a shit day today
>Teacher rambles for 5 minutes after 3
>snap and start crying because I'm so frustrated
>as always, crying leads to a spiral of depressing thoughts and more crying, feel miserable
>in the bus, a girl pats my arm and asks me if I'm okay just as I'm descending at the station
>can't answer beside a shrug but feel grateful that someone cared
>sit in the station, still crying
>another girl sits next to me and notices
>asks me why I'm like this
>explain the stupid reason, find out she goes to my uni and has the same problem but she just leaves without asking
>chat for a little bit, progressively calm down
>time for our trains, completely back to normal

Thank you based ladies for caring, I would still be feeling like shit if it wasn't for you.

>> No.8654539

>order wig a month ago for con at the end of november
>order one in the country, not from China (I'm from Europe) so it arrives in time to do a test/buy another if it's shit
>supposed to get here over two weeks ago
>still not here
>going to have to get a refund and get another
>all other wigs are from China, run the risk of them not arriving/being shit/arriving wrong
>don't have any real Arda equivalent, wig in question is a very specific semi-rare colour
>also feel like the second I get that refund/buy another wig, the first one will turn up
>fuck this shit

>> No.8654621

>>8653255
Before you were an ita in their eyes. Now you're competition! Just get passed their insecurities and keep showing up at the meets. I think if you continue looking good and be confident they'll open up more to you. Best of luck with befriending bitches!

>> No.8654622

>at uni
>live on campus, family are alumni so i get really cheap tuition + room/board
>start a new job
>pretty much making 150 a week, with no bills, expenses, etc to cover whatsoever
>actually get to stock up on cute clothes/kawaii shit/cosplay with my own money

man, i actually feel fuckin' great about this.

>> No.8654640

>>8652707
Who cares? I'm in my first year of college and I still use those terms out of habit.

>> No.8655093
File: 20 KB, 350x266, 1420234125541.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me.
>have eagerly awaited the new Precious Clove release since it got announced.
>have every other Precious Clove dress.
>have money saved and ready for it.
>dress gets released
>no custom sizing
>won't fit.
>sob over incomplete Precious clove collection

I am so sad. I'm contemplating getting it anyway and putting in panels in the back but I'm afraid it will ruin the dress.

>> No.8655110

>Was planning on finishing a cosplay to debut to a pretty big convention near the end of this month
>Rooming with two friends at their friends house
>Hell yeah no hotel fee
>House friend ends up starting to move out, other friend's boyfriend has beef with my girls
>Dude's a competitive artist alley guy and constantly whines about how his stuff doesn't sell
>He Overprices everything
>Their work is far superior to his and sells better and he's pissy as shit about it
>Boyfriend decides that he doesn't want them staying with him and the friend because he's a petty fuck
>All three of us are out a place to stay
>Too close to the con to book a room or look for roomies
>End up not going to the con
>Bummed because debut

At least I can wear it for halloween.

>> No.8655969
File: 67 KB, 540x526, tumblr_ndq1h2Fetf1tvn8qho1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>fatty-chan in the progress of losing weight
>keep craving junk food

Please cgl, tell me I'm a fatty who needs to put down the fork for the sake of burando
Tell me stuffing my face with food is not worth being unable to fit my clothes

>> No.8656010

>be me, poorfag as well as newfag
>wanting to start with lolita
>going to school with no stable work, living with parents
>browsing /cgl/ pretty much constantly through the day
>find an absolute god-tier, decently affordable indie brand dress
>no money though
>have spare books because B&N shipped my order twice after it didn't show up in 2 months, they agreed to not charge twice at least
>put a sales post up on facebook, overcharge slightly because overseas shipping is bitching expensive
>one response, they're not going to buy them all though
>hoping my translation work for a family member will make up for the difference

I know I have no reason to worry since they're made to order but fuck, I'm worried that something happens and I can't get my dress

>> No.8656021

>>8656010
I wish you luck anon! But have you considered taking up a part time job? I know, most part time jobs aren't really that exciting, but at least it's money and we all start somewhere.

Just curious, which dress do you want to order?

>> No.8656025

>>8656021
school tires me out really hard recently and I've been struggling with my mental state a lot recently. finding work around here isn't very easy, either. there was actually an ad out for helping some sort of board game store sort through their stock a while back but I was too lazy to apply and now I'm kicking myself for it. I was offered an internship/shitty part time assembling computers once but it was phrased kinda jokingly and I'm too scared to ask about it now ;;

the dress I'm planning to get is that fox one from the lolita general thread. I asked a few people for their opinion and they all said it suits my personality really well so I'm really excited for it >_>

>> No.8656029

>Since very small had a dream job
>Study hard to be able to do dream job
>Get masters degree even though I'm dumb
>Get said job
>Realize I hate it
>Quit
>I wasted 7 years of my life studying to do something I actually hate

No I don't know what to do with my life. No money means no cosplay. I want to go back to study something different, but I became old...

>> No.8656044

My boyfriend says lots of really hateful racist/sexist/homophobic/overly dramatic fat/feminist/feminazi hate things and I'm really sick of it. He only does it to me and his mum/brother and he's really sweet and sensitive to me (or he tries hard to be most of the time), but he says really hateful things and I'm sick of it. Sometimes it actually applies to me (domestic violence) and only then does he take me seriously when I say he's wrong or going overboard. But then he proceeds to say the other people are stupid, etc. And sometimes he calls people fat when they're much smaller than me and I'm not fat (feel it though). I'm so sick of him bitching about wanting Angela Murkel hung, or "Muzzies". Tonight he was saying body dysmorphia isn't real and that it's an excuse fat people make (telling themselves they're not fat) when it normally goes the other way, and it plagues me regardless of how much I actually weigh (felt it at 98 pounds and at 140 and everywhere in between). He'll tell me about a horrible person and then ask me what they are that starts with a letter "J" (Jew). I could go on and on with examples... His mum is a bit like that too, normally she tells him to shut up but today they were saying they didn't understand why black people don't want to be called "negroes" because apparently it's the equivalent of being called caucasian which it is not at all. This makes him sound like a huge asshole, and I can't talk to any of my/our friends about it because they don't see that side of him at all. Worst is, sometimes it rubs off onto me. I'm not very good at debating unless it's through text as I'm an anxious person who isn't very good at confrontation so I normally have to just say he's being rude or ask him to be quiet. Sorry for off-topic. On a related note, I'm happy that I finally found the Moitie cross pendant I wanted

>> No.8656046

>>8656029
What job/field/degree do you have?
Can you not get another job in the field? Or do something else with your degree? Usually degrees are not so specific that you can only use them for one job only.

>> No.8656049

>>8656046
It's in the medicine field.

I'm going to take a short course on something I need to apply for public health jobs. But I really wish I picked literature when I went to university, or fashion, or something that I actually enjoy. As things are now, I just hope to land at a 9 to 5 desk job, I don't want to be bothered anymore.

>> No.8656051

>>8656044
Dump his fucking ass, Anon. You can make a million excuses, but he's not worth it, and "sweet" and "nice" people don't say things like this to anyone, ever. Dump him, please, he sounds like an abusive asshole. DO IT.

On a related not, congrats on finding the pendant!

>> No.8656053

>>8656044
Holy shit, dump him. I get told to dump my bf because he doesn't like lolita, or he makes a sexist comment once in a blue moon, but he a) supports me in every other aspect of my life/career, b) helps me through my depression and helps me deal with my alcoholic mother, and c) since meeting him, he's changed so much in regards to sexist crap, gotten so much better, and is genuinely trying. Your bf just sounds like an awful, awful person. If you can get out, do it.

>> No.8656060

>>8656051
>>8656053
As I said, it makes him sound like an asshole but these stupid things he says are never portrayed in real life, he just likes bitching in a horrible manner. It's all talk, so I don't know why he does it. He's really supportive to me in every way, he's just really ignorant about the effect of what he says. He'll even donate to charities that support the people he says nasty things about (not to brag, I only know because I overheard him responding to door knockers and things). Gah, I think he spent too much time on /pol/. He said not to go on there or else I'd be like him, so at least he acknowledged that one time that their viewpoints are horrible.

>> No.8656061

>>8656029
Anon, are you me? I was about to post something similar. Here's to bad life decisions.
Really though, you may have skills that can be used in other jobs. I'm currently figuring out what 'soft skills' I acquired and trying to highlight those on my job applications.

>> No.8656063

>>8656061
Except for writing short stories, I really don't have any other skill. I spent all these years getting super specialized that I ended up not knowing how to do anything else. I'm really hopeful that I can do a third internship on another field so I can learn it, then maybe a big company will take me.

I did not study so much to have an unhappy life with a shitty job. At least it's what I say to myself. But jobs are so hard to come by in my country...

>> No.8656068

>>8656044
looks like someone can't handle the bantz
kek

But seriously, your bf deserves a redpilled gf who doesn't get personally offended at some unpopular opinions. If you don't share his morals and political opinions it's time to move on.

>> No.8656070

>>8656060
You know you're just making excuses for him right? Anyone that talks so badly about other people will eventually talk to you the same way.
Dump him and save yourself the future abuse.

>> No.8656073

>>8656060
I think you need to step back and view this outside of your relationship. Giving money to charity doesnt make him a good person, it is his actions and treat you that are the issue. Not his spending. And even if he knows that /pol/ is bad, HE is just like them and he doesnt care to change. He says really shitty things to do and while you call it ignorance, he has to know you are upset. If it is a repeat experience then it isnt ignorance anymore, he just doesnt care as much as you think. How is that support? How do you know he isnt talking about you like he does about other people? How do you know he doesnt think like that even if he doesnt vocalize it to you?

How he speaks of other people is a big indicator of how he will be when you are not around.

>> No.8656090

> didn`t cosplay in a year because of the money and health problem
> health problem from the last work
> also because of it my self-esteem gone really down
> feels to old for characters I like
> cosplay friends have they own life and I don`t want to intrude
> I still want to cosplay, dammit!

>> No.8656173

>>8654037
I so badly want to dress up. I just bought 4 new main pieces and I have only one outfit in 1.5 months

>> No.8656374

>been a lonely weeaboo all my life
>literally 0 friends
>haven't talked to anyone aside from family for 3 whole years
>suddenly get into university
>hooray, I'll make so many new friends!
>everyone is making friends with each other, eating lunch together, going shopping, always waiting for each other
>people are already splitting into little cliques
>I don't fit in anywhere
>people only talk to me when they haven't got anyone else to talk to
>feel like I make them uncomfortable
>even the loneliest, shyest girl in class has a friend she goes out to coffee with
>never have anyone to go to cafes with
>one time went shopping with a classmate, she ended up ditching me for other classmate

I feel miserable

>> No.8656638

>got a crush on a typical bad guy
>someone I've never met, we just talked and exchange pics
>his lifestyle is all the shit I stop myself from doing
>my lifetime seems soothing and nice to him
>is interested and appreciate my style
>tfw I know how unstable and dangerous and stupid it would be to go out with him, but I can't really resist.

>> No.8656748
File: 739 KB, 500x279, 1427369747311.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8656374
I really hate to be that asshole but honestly I wish someone gave me a taste of the tough love I'm about to serve up to you when I was a friendless dope. First off do you bathe and groom yourself regularly? Do you wear normal casual clothes? It's perfectly fine to dress in an alternative style as long as your clean and do it fashionably. Do you make it a point to say hello and smile to everyone? Do you try to make well meaning jokes? Do you invite people for lunch or ask for their number? Friends will not manifest themselves out of thin air you have to lay a lot of ground work. The first thing I recommend it to make sure your appearance is clean and inviting at all times. Secondly maybe carry around a conversation starter. For me I have a small cute sailormoon pin on the strap of my bag and I can't tell you how many people have come up to say how much they love the show and then before you know it your adding each other on facebook and going for coffee. It's not necessary (or recommend) to wear anime shirts or cat ears for someone to get your hobbies. Next it's extremely important that you work on self love and confidence. Every morning look in the mirror and say something nice about yourself. Give yourself gifts. Invest in a hobby. Be to yourself the best friend you've always wanted. People are attracted to other people who show self worth. Next be well read and up to date on current topics. Always have something interesting to talk about. Intelligence is extremely attractive. And finally be kind. Take the time to help someone pick up their books if they drop them. Offer a kind word if you see someone look withdrawn and down. Treat people the way you want to be treated at all times. Do these things and I promise you will make at least one friend. Don't give up and believe in yourself!

>> No.8656765

>>8656748
Not that anon, but this reply contained zero tough love but all good advice, I wanted to commend you for it. You are clearly a lovely and kind person.

>> No.8657444
File: 513 KB, 1280x720, pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to try cosplay
>too damn ugly and wouldn't suit any characters

>> No.8657458
File: 60 KB, 736x1104, 92fd8a0eb4b755b3f2ea2a048cb70ae2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8656748
First off, thank you for not being a cunt. Not being sarcastic, way too many people here respond with 'lol kill urself or suffer, fag' without knowing half of the story.

Second, I probably should've mentioned I moved around a lot so that definitely had some impact on my social life. Unfortunately, currently I live in an area where people aren't exactly known for their friendliness.

That said
>First off do you bathe and groom yourself regularly?
Of course, I mostly come here for the makeup/skincare threads, though I'm not sure if my makeup is that good yet. It's not too garish, I actually think it's a bit too subtle.
>Do you wear normal casual clothes?
Yes, I mostly dress like pic related
>Do you make it a point to say hello and smile to everyone?
I say hello but I've been told I've got a resting bitch face. I do try to smile when I can remember and my tone is always positive.
>Do you invite people for lunch or ask for their number?
Yes and no, more on that later

I don't think I look bad per se, but I've been bullied a lot as a kid so I'm really self-conscious. When girls in a group are giggling I always think they're laughing at me. When someone doesn't pay any attention to what I'm saying I worry that I must be doing something wrong, etc
When I was younger I was a bit of a nerd, so whenever I raised my hand to say something the rest of the class would 'tsk' and sigh, and the teacher usually said nothing about it. Other kids would always talk over each other but I had a very strict dad who'd reprimand me whenever I was cutting into a conversation, so I never got a chance to say anything.

I invited some girls to go shopping but they always cancel at the last minute and end up having fun together and going to shisha bars without me. I also don't drink alcohol or coffee (strict Catholic mother) so that's making it worse.

I don't know where to begin and what to start fixing first.
Thanks for the advice though, I really appreciate it.

>> No.8657470

>lost enough weight to fit into more burando
>get a raise at work
>prepare to buy something this paycheck
>GPU literally just shat the bed
I-I didn't want clothes anyway... Haha...

>> No.8657494

>>8657458
different anon here, why not try something new? I honestly made friends in the weirdest places sometimes. Please don't join a fucking anime club or something, but maybe a volunteer/catholic-based group? Sometimes first impressions can be tough, but being obligated to be around someone for extended periods of time can reveal whether or not you actually are compatible. Classes are also good for this, but it seems like you arent having much luck there. Neither did I, so its fine.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but please don't be that one person who rushes a friendship quickly. It's like rushing a romantic relationship. I hate those people. Instead of starting with a long shopping trip, that sounds awkward as fuck, why not just walk to class with someone who's heading the same way as you? Or offer to share notes over coffee or something related to how you met them. You might already do this, but just keep it slow and steady. Facebook, snapchat, and instagram are cool because you can show people that you appreciate them just by liking their posts, they can learn about you and your interests, and you don't have to hold up an awkward conversation. And it kind of sucks to not be able to have "real friends" but once you meet some people who see your value, they'll want to be around you more and you'll be able to tell. And maybe wait for someone to make the "first move" ("hey want to go out for lunch?") but make sure to show them that you're grateful for their offer. Take up your "friend" time with your hobbies/organized group activities!

You might also have a quirk that makes people want to drop you, despite you being hygenic. I used to be friends with a lot of girls who just faded out of my life because they complained about everything, and it drove me crazy. Don't be super critical on yourself, but genuinely think about things that might tick off other people. I know that I tend to be a bit conceited, so I always keep that in check.

>> No.8657499

cont from >>8657494
It also helps to be more interesting. Don't be fake, but if you think something that might be amusing, just say it. It might make someone laugh or think. Or they might just think its a failed joke, but at least it came from your own mind. Obviously be careful to not just say "wow, julia's a whore" but more just things that you observe and find interesting, like "that butterfly looks like a blanket I used to have". Let people in on the way you think! It sure beats conversation about the weather.

I wish you good luck, anon. I was basically in the same boat as you, and while most of what I said seems obvious, it wasn't to me at first. So I was a lonely weeb until I found some people who really do care about me, and some less ride or die friends that I can hang out with whenever. So keep going for it!

>> No.8657505

>>8657458
You've pretty much said it yourself but it's very likely your lack of self consciousness it to blame for many things. People probably aren't laughing behind your back and probably aren't annoyed or hate you when you try to talk to them.

That being said inviting what sounds like random people to go shopping is a bit too much. As the other anon said it's better to work yourself up from the contact you have in college. Then you have to make the step to take it outside of college eventually.

However maybe the girls you come in contact with at your college are really to different from you. If you want to go shopping and drink coffee, are some kind of nerd. And they want to drink at a shisha bar then you can either try to participate in that. Or you are trying to befriend the wrong people. Join book clubs, sport clubs, volunteering.

>> No.8657520

>>8657505
I didn't understand some of the things you said but they aren't random people, they're classmates I talk to semi-regularly at school.

It might be that I come from a culture way too different from theirs, but they seem really rude at times. They always keep browsing their phones, one of them even rang her mum whilst she was talking to me and started instant messaging some friends in the middle of a conversation. And I'm always scared that I'll look like a bitch if I tell her to cut it out.
>>8657494
That might be a good idea, but there's a bit of a language barrier right now since I can't speak the local language. I'll look for a foreigner-based group though.

And re: making the first move, that's never happened. I'm always the one who has to make the first move, so most of the time I wait to see if someone else does it as well. Usually, they completely ignore me if I don't pester them about it.

>> No.8657539

>>8656060
He doesn't know why I keep getting annoyed at him despite having told him before so now I just keep hiding in the bedroom because I don't want to talk to him about it again. I feel so pathetic

>> No.8657854

>>8657458
Building on what other anons have said, don't just expect friends to come to you, or that you'll mesh with random people in class who don't necessarily share your interests. Joining clubs and participating in extracurricular is hands down the best way to meet people at school IMO because you already have something in common to talk about, especially if you're nerdy. I met most of my local friends through an obscure club about a tv show, which sounds weird but we've been friends for almost 10 years now. Try a bunch out and see if anything happens.

>> No.8658001

>family member reads an obituary in the paper to you
>"Anon, this 24 year old man died and it says he was an avid anime enthusiast!"

Suddenly feel bummed out realizing when I die my family will probably just write "Loving daughter and granddaughter" and that'll be it. I at least want to raise eyebrows after I'm dead and gone.

>> No.8658020

>>8656044
Your bf sounds like an ugly dirtbag whereas you sound like a sweet girl who knows what's right from wrong. Deep down you know what must be done, don't tarnish your good conscience with trash.

>> No.8658097

>>8656060
>As I said, it makes him sound like an asshole but these stupid things he says are never portrayed in real life
Unless you've seen otherwise, your boyfriend doesn't literally hate the people he talks about on an individual basis. He is angry at the broader societal and cultural things that causes the people he "hates" to exist, in his mind. He doesn't hate fat people personally, he hates the society that tells people it's okay to be fat. Your boyfriend isn't a simple case of a redneck racist, I don't know if that will make you feel any better about his whining though.

>> No.8658103

>have to pay DHL shipping costs because seller forgot to put it on the customs form. FML

>> No.8658105

>Few friends are planning a cosplay group
>Costumes are a uniform
>Uniform is very simple
>I suggest fabrics and things and people agree
>We talk about setting a con for the costumes
>One girl suggests 7 months away
>Other girl asks for up to a year.
>Other girl says she's not good at sewing and will buy a high street dress and alter it because she can't make one
>Needs 12 months for that
>Dress is simple pattern, only 2 meters of fabric required.
>Fabric is $15 per/m so not exactly expensive.

I used to like groups but these girls need so long to make these super simple dresses. I could make one in a day if I could be arsed. The whole costume will cost me less than $80.

Now I don't want to do the group because it'll just be a year of waiting for a sub-par group.

>> No.8658127

>>8656374
If that can help you feel better or give you hope, I was more or less in your situation when I started college. I studied law during my first year and couldn't make friends because everyone was annoying. Next year I decided to start studying languages, we were a lot of students in the same year so I felt that everyone was already friends with each other. The more I spent time in college the more people gave up in the middle of semesters and I actually got more and more chances to talk to the same people each day and that's how I made friends. So I'm pretty sure it's normal to feel like you're the only one without any friends at first, don't worry too much.Just act naturally and don't be a tryhard and it'll be fine, I can tell you that trying to hard to befriend people can only make things worse.

>> No.8658129

>>8658103
That happened to me the other day with Honeycolor.

>> No.8658214
File: 765 KB, 500x281, saint young men.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Today, a real live Japanese girl called my nanchatte seifuku "kawaii."

>> No.8658529

>>8654539
Hey friend have you tried coscraft?

>> No.8658533

>>8658529
Yup, wig's a dark grey-purple and theirs aren't quite right. Thank you for the advice though!

>> No.8658622
File: 362 KB, 523x592, 1416086577244.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8658097
>He doesn't hate fat people personally
>He just hates the society that tells them they shouldn't feel like shit about themselves 24/7 until they're thin
Oh anon...level headed people don't defend such shit. Just admit you have a mental problem and people likely think you're a bigot.

>> No.8658631

>>8653330
Same anon.
I found my dream dress and snatched it up at an obscenely low price so I'm using the leftover money to get myself a bike to get some fresh air on.

Let the beautiful dress motivate you to rock it. Hang it up proud. Pick the perfect accessories. Hell, even buy yourself new matching shoes for it.
It's yours now. And every time you jog just see yourself at the end of the road twirling in the dress that waited for YOU.

>> No.8658656

>took pictures of friends and acquaintance at con
>"don't worry u gies, I won't post them publicly and I'm actually going to send them to you personally so you can edit/not post whichever ones you want"
>make a group album so we all can contribute pictures later
>the acquaintance says she took pictures of me on her phone
>sends them to me via PM
>none of them are actually very good/flattering
>"oh thank you friend..."
>don't plan to save and repost them to album
>nobody else is saving and posting all of the pics I sent so it must not be a big deal
>log on later
>she went ahead and posted the photos she sent me privately to the group album anyway

k, so what was the point of dropping me the PM courtesy if you were going to do what you wanted anyway?
>tfw inconsiderate people annoy me

>> No.8658667

>get a wardrobe rack for Lolita
>super excited to get all my Lolita out of the closet finally
>get a decent one super cheap at Wal-Mart
>hang everything up
>mfw only 4 main pieces
>one blouse
>tempted to put it all back in the closet

>> No.8658681

>>8658667
You'll get there anon. I bought something similar not long ago when I only had about 5 pieces and now I have so much lolita I'm buying a new, bigger one.

>> No.8658710
File: 130 KB, 600x900, 1451_900.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8658667
I bought dual pole one from the same place and put too much stuff on the top, and the plastic base ended up snapping. Almost cried when everything suddenly fell over in the middle of the night because I had just watched some poltergeist movie haha. I ended up finding one much better quality for cheaper than I paid for the first one on Craigslist, so when it's time to upgrade, you might want to check there if that's available.
Some people may disagree with having your lolita outside instead of inside a closet because on an open rack it is subject to dust, pet dander, sun damage, etc but imo seeing my wardrobe all the time gives you a happy feeling! A pretty windowed armoire would be a lovely solution.

>> No.8658716

>>8658681
>>8658710
Thanks guys! I hope to go shopping after my next paycheck.

That sounds so scary having everything falling during the middle of the night (I had a beret fall off of my alpaca on my dresser and hit me in the face once and I flipped out) I love seeing my wardrobe, especially since I have worked so hard to get what little wardrobe I have.

>> No.8658737

It's 11 months until a convention. I'm in charge of finding 2 rooms for a group of people. A friend of a friend is already starting to ask a LOT if I've found a room yet and not taking no for an answer. I'm really ready to say that they need to find their own room and I'll deal with my own room. If she's already nagging at 11 months, how bad will it be for the rest of the time and the convention? Am I overreacting?

>> No.8658741

>>8658737
Not at all, you have 11 months. I typically don't find a room until a month away or so.

>> No.8658748

>>8658737
Depends on the convention. If it's an insanely popular one, and depending on the location of the hotel (a con being held within the hotel vs. a block away), then rooms typically sell out a lot faster.
If you can be as non-confrontational as possible about it, just explain to this person that you don't want to mess this up for their group and you feel uncomfortable handling this much responsibility. Think of how pushy this person would get if they felt you didn't hold up to their standards! I can understand this person being nervous, but in that case, they need to take care of their own shit.

>> No.8658753

>>8658622
>Oh anon...level headed people don't defend such shit. Just admit you have a mental problem
Why are you getting on my case. I'm just explaining her boyfriend's mentality. Everyone has different morals and convictions and it's important to empathize with their point of view if you want to really know what kind of person they are. Otherwise, you're just slapping labels on people in a knee-jerk fashion.

Every else is making it out like this guy is some vile dirtbag who talks shit behind your back. I mean, is he actually naming specific people he knows? He sounds like he's just really angry at big societal things he has no control over. The reason he is talking about this shit to his girlfriend (or mom, brother) is because these are the people closest to him that he feels he can confide in.

>> No.8658759

>>8658753
>slapping labels on people who deserve them
Nothing wrong with it. Why do you care if it's not your mentality? There's probably someone out there that needs a devil's advocate, but it's not an insensitive boy whose momma never taught him when to shut up. Being angry at abstract societal concepts doesn't excuse the personal grievances he's expressing towards individuals.

>> No.8658771

>>8658748
I understand that completely, I've gone to this convention for 6 years and I know how the hotel situation goes. I'm stuck because the host hotels are either sold out (for now) or not gone on sale yet. The rest of the local hotels/airbnb/other options won't even let you look up a date so far in advance to get pricing. I explained this to them.

That's a really good idea to get out of it. I don't want to be rude and stick my friends, but at the same time if this person is ALREADY up my ass 11 months before con about the room situation, I'm nervous about the rest of the process. I don't even know if I could share a room with her or carpool to the convention with her.

This is all further complicated by the fact that I feel like nobody talks to me except when it comes to this convention, because they know I book a room. Then once we get there, nobody wants to hang out with me. I'm cool with people doing their own things at a convention, but having to eat alone for most meals and not wanting to enjoy any nightlife with me? After doing a few conventions with people who hung out with me every day/night, I'm not even sure I want to go back to this one.

>> No.8658794

>>8658097
Original anon here, I think you're right as he generalizes a lot and it's mostly political whereas I'm quite the opposite. I spoke to him about it and he took me seriously and said he would stop but I don't know if it's because he's scared I'll break up with him, which I really don't want to do. He can be a bit insensitive to other people when it comes to certain things, especially mental health issues and even when he tries he can miss the mark. He said he would do it to try to be funny, but I'm not sure who thought it was unless it's all from talking online.

>> No.8658799
File: 1.14 MB, 300x200, 1423978966556.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw can't handle alcohol/drink responsibly
>tfw i'm finding it to be a social hurdle
>haven't really seen any of my friends (because w the exception of my bestie and my bf, they're all huge drunks who try to get me to get super drunk every time we hang out, and haven't respected my efforts to quit/curtail my drinking in the past)

>quit drinking 5 months ago, except for a few days ago where i decided to try and drink responsibly and it backfired horribly, ending in me blacking out and waking up at 6am in my friends' spare bedroom, soaked in piss

>since i can't drink, i can't really go anywhere/do anything for halloween
>ppl will only want to go to bars or parties and i don't want the temptation
>really sad, no costume planned, really love dressing up though and i wish i had somewhere to wear something
>but it just seems too late to put effort into anything now
>glimmer of hope when i realize i can get into cosplay though, and that's pretty much year-round
>and at least that doesn't entirely revolve around drinking

>tfw when the only thing i'm doing for halloween is potentially going to see rocky horror picture show w my mother, at least she'll hang out w me and i can relax and enjoy myself (cant hang w bf or bestie because they live far)

>> No.8658809

>>8658799
Alternatively you could just ask one of your friends to make sure you don't drink. Or specifically don't place yourself in the same rooms where people are drinking.

>> No.8658822

>>8658809
the thing is, that my friends seem to like to get me very drunk as i mentioned before. they also like to partake heavily, and if i'm not, there's no real point in being with them. they aren't very good friends, i guess.

come to think of it, we're not very close outside of getting shitfaced together. seems to explain why they disappear when i get sober

>> No.8658893

>>8658822
get new friends

>> No.8659000

>>8658799
Whenever I used to go out and not want to drink but be pressured into it, I'd buy myself a soda at the bar and when asked, say it's a Jack Daniels and cola or vodka and whatever. It's not good, but it kept me sober.

They don't sound like very good friends, to be honest. Maybe you could reward yourself for not drinking? Every dollar you would have spent on a drink can be put towards a coord/cosplay/whatever. My mother's an alcoholic and that's what she does.

Good for you anon for trying to stop. You can do it.

>> No.8659042
File: 61 KB, 465x356, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8653248
>32
>still postng on 4chan

>> No.8659047

>>8659042
There are much older people here than that, kiddo. The other hobby boards often have people in their 40s and 50s.

>> No.8659065

>>8659047
The difference here is that cgl is a board dedicated to young fashion

>> No.8659066

>>8659065
if someone wants to dress up in frills or costumes it's none of your fucking business how old they are. you're not the appointed fucking age police

>> No.8659070

>>8659066
OK grandma

>> No.8659071

>>8659070
I'm 20, 4chan is 18+. back to club penguin you go

>> No.8659074 [DELETED] 

>>8659070
>being this much of a cunt

I was like you... When I was 16. When you're 32 I hope you feel sad and can't enjoy activities because you feel obligated to act some age you have created in your own mind :3

>> No.8659202
File: 764 KB, 500x428, sadmable.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a HUGE issue...really...
I used to be a huge Yukapon wannabe back in the days and even now that i am 20 sometimes i feel uncomfortable being adult and wishes to be a tiny little kawaiidesoo loli thing. I'm currently getting help tho. It's painful and draining me emotionally to be that obsessed with wanting to look like a small perfect little thing and feeling too big (i am only 5"3/5"4 at MOST and average/slim but yet…i feel too tall and too big) I cry myself to sleep. Have no boyfriend off course because i lack social skills from all my lack of self confidence (often told i am really pretty and cute but i can't believe it, i jsut see myself horrible and being told "madam" or being told "you look your age/look maybe 17/.. anon" is unnerving me, when i'm mistaken for younger like 14 once, it's litteraly heaven in my head, but i am only goddamn 20yo and that's just not sane.). Please help me seagulls i am crying again i want to get out of this hell. I just want to feel cute again and good in life...i'm so tired and looking older from all the boohoo-ing and being depressed/sleepless.

>> No.8659476

>>8658893
yeah i definitely realize they aren't good friends. i'm kind of more so lamenting the situation i'm in, rather than them specifically i guess. i live in a drinking town. it's what people do here. i'm hopeful that at some point, i'll find supportive and accepting friends though.

>>8659000
thank you dear. i actually was talking to my bf recently about doing something like this after i broke my sobriety a few days ago. a way of keeping me accountable that would feel rewarding and add up to something tangible. this was really helpful, and i appreciate your kind words of support.

my family is full of alcoholics and the last thing i want is to turn out like one of them.

>> No.8659505

>job stressing me out big time
>manager loathes me, constantly shouting
>mind goes completely blank at even the most minor things
>have social anxiety, been doing good but ever since I started this job I've been depressed and withdrawn
>falling behind in college work
>not being sociable, everyone's already made friends while I've been crying at home about work
>have gray hairs for the first time in my life
>crying like I used to when I was really bad
>dread the thought of going in everyday
>can't quit because the job market is nonexistent for someone that wants a part-time position here, requiring that prospective employees be fully flexible

>> No.8659556

>tfw has money
>tfw like four dream dresses pop up at once in the desired colorways
>tfw has to resist throwing money at all of them until after the holidays probably
>WHY

>> No.8659683

Not cgl related but just a happy feel.

I've always had massive issues making friends my entire life, and even realized a good chunk of the people I used to see as friends were backstabbing cunts or didn't see me in nearly the same way as I did.
Combined with getting diagnosed as having aspergers in my late teens I pretty much felt like I was fucked.

But I got to uni, tried to be social, and found out I can actually make friend! I still do have massive problems keeping it all up or anything besides talking because I have fuck all experience with it, but it's a step!

It helps that I'm doing a programming related major so me sperging out about video games I like isn't always bad since it acts as a conversation starter most of the time.

I guess I also wanted to post in the hopes the anon from earlier in the thread is still lurking; there's always hope and you can always find a way! No matter how long it'll take.

>> No.8659713
File: 100 KB, 600x800, precious-clove-little-fox-story-long-sleeves-lolita-op-dress-prc-20_3_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Shitty work week
>put in to motion for a promotion even though i'm beginning to loathe the place
>Come home to paycheck
>this is why I do this.png
>Buy pic related because I need something to look forward to for the next few months
>Feels Great, man.

They've been cutting hours all around so this is my "keep up the good work" present to myself.

>> No.8660368
File: 96 KB, 500x500, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>laying/writhing on bed with horrible cramps
>relieved when they finally subside
>realize I bled through my underwear
>big red splotch on duvet cover

Fuck it, I'm not even going to try to wash it out. It looks kind of like a flower anyways.

>> No.8660377

>>8660368
over where I live, you can get this natural cleaning product, it's a soap made out of gall. it smells like shit but it takes period blood out ridiculously well. please don't just leave it there, it's pretty fucking unhygienic and honestly even regular wash with cold water should take most of it out

>> No.8660389

I finally found the perfect rat to be a companion to my rat who lost his brother a couple of months ago and fell in love with him, but I am currently living with my boyfriend and his mom and she said no as she hates rats. I feel really devastated and I'm worried about my rat as I think he's lonely. He was an adorable hairless too and no one else wants him and his current owner isn't looking after him properly either judging by the pictures she sent to me of his house.

>> No.8660391

>>8660389
Wait if she already lets you keep one rat, why not two?

>> No.8660394

>>8660391
I don't know, maybe because the one I have is old and she's hoping he'll pass way soon? He's very spry though for his age. I'm really hoping she'll change her mind, he needs someone to snuggle with and this rat needs a safe home

>> No.8660400

>>8660394
I don't think many people understand how crucial it is for social animals, like rats, to have companions. I hope she changes her mind.

>> No.8660403

>>8660389
...This is probably very wrong of me, and also taking into consideration I know nothing about rats, but would she even notice if you got another one? My friend's mum told her she couldn't get another rabbit when hers died, but she got one the same colour and the stupid woman didn't even notice this apparently immortal, size-changing rabbit.

>> No.8660406

>>8660400
He seems happy, but I but he would be much happier with another rat to cuddle. I'm really lucky I was able to bring my rats here at least, my boyfriend's mom is terrified of them and I have some strange fears too.

>>8660403
I actually thought of that and my rat lives in a downstairs room which is only accessible from a little side door outside which she never goes into, but I know I'd slip up and accidentally talk about the new rat. Haha, good on your friend. The hairless rat's name is Postman Pat or Pat for short, ugh I got too attached just by text and pictures.

>> No.8660717
File: 689 KB, 1280x720, 1440964733851.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have house to myself
>can work on cosplays in peace, yay
>spend my time online instead

fug

>> No.8660995

>broke as fuck
>never committed myself to a cosplay
>finally decide "fuck it i'm doing this
>plan everything out, find fabrics, lace, etc online
>calculate total
>it's over $150
>tfw cant even afford that

>> No.8661001
File: 198 KB, 202x202, 1439725968473.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652707
>not knowing universities have cafeterias for students with meal plans

>> No.8661101

Being ugly is tiring

>> No.8661169
File: 65 KB, 900x900, vgd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>searching for a handbag that I can use when outside on university since my normal bag is getting a bit ratty
> Want it to be cute and practical
>Want to be able to buy it without selling my organs
>All I see is gigantic crocodile/snakeskin type handbags or ones with weird tassels

>> No.8661551

>>8661169
Modcloth has some fun bags I usually wait for a sale or something

>> No.8661568

>All alone on Canadian Thanksgiving.
>Mother passed away two months ago.
>Father spends anytime not at work drunk and high.
>No connection with the rest of my family anymore
>Girlfriend left me shortly after my mom passed.
>All my friends are doing things with their families.
Only thing I can say that I am thankful for right now is that my cosplay that I am planning for halloween has came in early.

>> No.8661594

>>8659065
"you must be this young to wear expensive clothes that the average western teenager can't hope to afford" lol ok

>> No.8662106

>>8660368
i have this same exact thing, damn

well its cute so im not surprised someone else here has it but! what a coincidence

>> No.8662138

>dropped out college
>none of the applications I sent out for new schools ever got back
>sent a bunch of CV to find a job
>no response
>finally an interview
> "getting back to you by the end of the week"
>end of the week was three days ago
>parents are stressing me out
>just can't handle stress so depression worsen
>don't wanna wear lolita anymore, not enough energy to go to meets let alone leave my place
>the guy I had a crush on turned out to be a manipulative self-centered twat, so I'm cutting bridges
>trying to get help from doctors
>getting sent over and over to new people by phone, never got an appointment
>nobody to talk to
>I just want someone to baby me for a bit, tell me that I'm gonna be ok, feel a bit reassured because I'm just incredibly scared, lost and lonely
>I'm back into cutting to keep my head of my hallucinations
>I wish I didn't live in such an high tower

>> No.8662595

>>8662138
Honestly anon, it'll be okay. One of those schools or jobs will get back to you. It may be the world's shittest job, but there will be somewhere eventually. And the income from even the shittiest job will probably make you feel better. Take care of yourself. You can do it! It might take a bit of time, but that's okay.

>> No.8662606
File: 20 KB, 418x460, 2b944eaf157c5ef3031cdd7d3bdb78a9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8660368
>not even washing them
Gross, man. You don't have a bf, do you.

I always wear "safety shorts" under my clothes while on my period, even under pajamas. They make me feel a lot better about any bleeding through - or upskirts, for that matter.

>> No.8662610

>>8662606
>You don't have a bf
Not them but what kind of bf do you have who cares?
>cum stains on the sheets
>food stains
>some period stains
>bf farts in the bed

>> No.8662612

>>8662610
>food stains
disgusting. why dont you keep food in the kitchen where it belongs?

>> No.8662613

>>8662612
>not cuddling in bed watching netflix with the bf with a delicious meal to share with wine on the nightstand
Tsk

>> No.8662630
File: 11 KB, 240x320, bree-van-der-kamp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8662610
Considering my bf has a really gross sister who leaves her panties with the pads still in them on their bathroom floor, I guess he doesn't care too much. But I'm literally Bree Van De Kamp and can't deal with women being embarrassingly gross.

>> No.8662635

>>8662630
>women being gross in the comfort of their own beds
Well, at least it's not in your room, right?

>> No.8662638
File: 306 KB, 593x540, kek.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8662630
>being this anal about what anonymous strangers on the internet do

>> No.8662676

Holy shit, fuck right angles. I'm never making a costume with them again.

>> No.8662701

/cgl/ and the prospect of lolita is one of the two things keeping me going right now, with the other being my boyfriend. I had a shitty break up a very short time ago. That, piled up with stress from school (idk if I'll be able to graduate or even last the year as the school is threatening to kick me out for almost missing 10 classes of a subject), my anxiety and depression flaring up possibly due to the birth control I went on a bit ago, becoming increasingly convinced that I have ADD (not a fucking tumblrina, but I match up with nearly every symptom - I can't focus on work, drift off half of the time when someone's talking to me, I'm hanging in with home assignments by a thread, I lose everything that isn't chained to me, I spend classtime browsing /cgl/ or reddit or whatever can keep my attention for even a bit) and feeling like I have no one to confide in. I just feel like I can't keep myself afloat for much longer. Looking at frilly dresses here at least gives me a tiny motivation to get through things.

>> No.8664308

I only noticed this morning in the subway while going to college but I lost my kumamon strap (which I used on my handbag like an idiot because I didn't notice the part of the bag where it could have slipped very easily). It's almost nothing compared with what I deal with on a daily basis but it's a souvenir from Japan Expo this summer, the first time I went there, and I wanted to go there for years so I'm really upset. I'm pretty sure I lost it outside, if I'm lucky enough maybe I could find it in my room.

>> No.8664376

>just won a Holy Lantern skirt in wine for 28,000 yen
Fuck yeah.

>> No.8664449

I felt empty and alone on my birthday. I filled the void with adding to my taobao order. Like always. I hate my birthday.

>> No.8664996

>found rori when I was 11
>gave me a weird feeling
>start feeling really awful all the time
>get that weird sort of crazy that young teens seem to get sometimes
>dropped out of high school and got a job and started buying when I was 15
>every penny that didn't pay my rent or buy my groceries went to lolita
>have been buying everything I could ever since
>five solid years of saving nothing and buying everything
>the horrible feeling is back
>I used to kill it with dresses
>that doesn't work anymore
>now I'm dead inside and all I have to show for my life is clothes

I'm gonna call 2016 my last year and just let myself fall apart.
i have no personality, I have nothing interesting to say, and all I have to offer the world is selfies and drunk phone calls.
It's time for me to give up.

>> No.8665030

>>8664996
see a psychologist.

>> No.8665238
File: 18 KB, 521x351, bumblebee is confused and sad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Finally start acquiring a friend group that isn't made of crazy people
>They're all well-adjusted normal human beings
>One just got pregnant, she's super happy
>Guess I have to enjoy the next few months before she starts showing because I'll probably never see her again after that
>that feel when you have a huge phobia of babies, pregnancy, and pregnant women and all your friends want to start families
>That feel when you know you're the weird-ass motherfucker in a group of successful happy people

Feels bad man. I can't really tell someone "Hey I'm probably going to cut off all contact with you because I don't want to flip out like a fucking mental patient and punt your baby the second it starts crying" without them thinking I'm a fucking lunatic.

>> No.8665240

>>8664996
your brain is not done forming until 24. you are biologically speaking still an adolescent, and things will change.

i am approaching 30 and am still changing.

>> No.8665373

>>8662606
Where do you buy those, I've been trying to find some nice plain athletic ones for years

>> No.8665388

>>8665030
This. You're capable of being happy, even if you have to change a lot of things or start taking meds, and feeling happy and satisfied and not feeling that desperate clawing anymore is the most amazing thing.

>> No.8665399

>>8665238
This is how I feel too. As I get older, it's tougher to hang out with longtime friends because they've all gotten married and started families. I haven't found anyone yet, and in many ways I'm happy being on my own.

>> No.8665411

>>8665238
Most of my rational friends (re: those who went to college and have okay jobs) surprisingly haven't started families or haven't gotten married yet despite being in long-term relationships and being in their 20s.

A lot of my dumb high school friends (re: dropped out, got preggers right away with multiple baby dads, shitty jobs, shotgun weddings, etc) I have had to drop contact with just because we don't have common interests anymore i.e. them thinking it's a swell idea to have more children while they struggle financially. In fact they were-are so damn entitled I keep some of them on my fb just to have a laugh every now and then. Yet they've totally let on before that they think they're better than me because they're "moms."

Know how you feel, just for a different and easier rationale.

>> No.8665417

>>8662610
That's disgusting just leaving shit like that

>> No.8665422

>>8665417
Unless you're going to scoot your crusty pooter across their sheets what do you care?

>> No.8665427

>>8665422
Well that is true but it doesn't change the fact that it's still disgusting

>> No.8665430

>>8665427
To you. I've seen and heard of worse shit. Period stains being the least offensive of the bunch.

>> No.8665454

>>8665238

>because I don't want to flip out like a fucking mental patient and punt your baby the second it starts crying

Whenever I see people making hyperbolic statements like that, I really just think they need to spend more time with kids.

I don't like kids and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon, but working with them even just a few times a week has given me this apparently ludicrous tolerance to kids throwing tantrums. Even moreso for babies younger than a year who quite frankly don't know what they're doing.

It's annoying for sure, and I find it really exhausting, but saying you want to assault every infant who starts crying does kind of make you sound like a lunatic.

I think the worst part really is parents going gaga over them like the kid is Einstein incarnate, but that's just me.

>> No.8665457
File: 77 KB, 633x438, 1444213000571.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652731
nigga chill out

>> No.8665470
File: 116 KB, 1500x1000, happy .png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8664449
happy birthday anon!! i hope you feel better!!

>> No.8665501

>just stopped being lone Lolita and joined a community
>wants to be important part of comm and make friends
>acts like a total fucking seagull and hates efamous hug box bitches and hate pretending to be 'lovely'

My comm hates people who post on cgl

>> No.8665509

>>8665454

tbh it's a bad mix of misphonia and a lot of anxiety. The anxiety I'm managing with medication, but misphonia is some fucking weird shit man. Crying babies make me tard rage out to the point where I did some pretty shitty things to my younger siblings when I was young. At the risk of sounding like some kind of fucking edgelord, speding time around babies is the exact opposite of what I want to do when my go-to reaction to crying and screaming is to shake them and scream at them to shut up.

>> No.8665534
File: 869 KB, 400x265, 1443306689693.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>feel confident and beautiful in lolita
>take cute pictures with my camera, on my phone, on other peoples' phones I look kawaii as fuck too
>suddenly DSLR photographers
>takes photos
>no matter what I always look UGLY AS FUCK
>face is swollen and more square
>jaw and lower half of face is suddenly more prominent
>eyes get squinty
>face looks crooked like I suffered a stroke
>body looks the same but my fucking face holy shit
>hurts my confidence so much
>don't think I've ever seen a flattering pic of me taken on someone else's DSLR
Does anyone else experience this pain?

>> No.8665539
File: 48 KB, 179x402, AZzDG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8665534

>> No.8665554

>>8665534
I used to look like that on all DSLR photos until one day I realized I had been kind of tilting my head away from the camera. You're probably doing it without realizing, it's a natural pose that you have to overcome. When someone holds up a camera, try relaxing your shoulders or even pushing them down. That will help your neck look longer so you don't have no neck while you pose at 3/4 and tilt your temple towards the camera lens.

>> No.8665566
File: 14 KB, 310x464, 1425077924477.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Talking to bf about characters I want to cosplay while browsing tumblr
>Cosplay sales pops up for a character I think I suit really well, have been wanting to cosplay her for a while
>In my exact measurements
>Can't buy it because I need to take care of life responsibilities and prior engagements
>tfw

>> No.8665678

>>8665554
Thanks for the tip anon. I know I tend to lift my head up a lot, and I forget to angle it downward. Maybe that's why.

>> No.8665709

>>8665454
Everyone is different. I've babysat a lot but it's just never clicked for me. I'm fine with older kids, but whenever I babysit babies I can't wait to get it over with. Crying babies aren't cute to me at all; some people apparently find it endearing or something? I wouldn't flip out on the baby, I'd try to comfort it. It's just not my thing. Just because I'm female doesn't mean it'll "eventually click" for me. Unfortunately many people have that mindset.

I'm just not a fan of the parenting style of "let the baby cry for the entire shopping trip." That's when it really starts to wear on me. Also babies on airplanes. Just no. Unless it's for life-saving treatment, no no no.

The baby situation is especially upsetting when it means friends can't go to conventions for awhile because they have a newborn. I get they have responsibilities but it's too bad I can't hang out with them as much anymore.

>> No.8665715

>>8665709
How do you want people to transfer their babies while traveling overseas, anon? Do you want them crammed in with their luggage?

>> No.8665729

>>8665709
>crying babies
>endearing
What crazed person said that? Wasn't there a study where a crying baby was one of the most distressing and un-ignorable sounds a person could hear?

>> No.8665734

>>8665715
Wait to travel until the baby is a little older? I think it's cruel to subject an infant to a plane ride when they don't know whats going on, their ears are popping, its noisy, etc. They obviously dislike it if babies do nothing but scream for an entire flight.

>> No.8665739

>>8665709

Never said you had to like babies because you have a vagina. I was making the statement that while one might not be in love with babies, saying something as vitriolic as "I want to shake a baby after 5 seconds of them crying" makes me worried.

You don't seem to be in that category.

Regarding airplanes though, some people gotta move. And waiting for an age where they aren't wailing their guts out just isn't possible considering 0-5 seems to be fraught with either wailing or godawful tantrums. It's a fact of life. I don't think banning infants from airplanes is a solution.

>> No.8665744

>>8665734
If someone has a job change and they have to move across the country or to a different one, I think 1 day of air flight would be less torturous than 3 days of driving.

>> No.8665766

>>8665729
I've heard a lot of mothers say a crying baby can be cute. I don't get it either.

>>8665739
I don't think babies should be banned, but I think the parents are selfish and cruel for putting the kid through that. I've never heard babies scream like they do on airplanes. To be blunt, it's not my kid, I didn't make the kid, I don't want to hear it. Flying is already very stressful, and a screaming infant next to me makes it so much worse.

>> No.8665819
File: 1.78 MB, 426x639, 1428969748228.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be shy
>join cosplay group
>feel quickly accepted
>amazed at how well things are going
>making many new friends, shyness decreasing
>member of group approaches me at end of con, "anon, someone in the group likes you~"
>feel flattered and nervous but don't think much of it
>was becoming fast friends with one member, hanging out a lot
>realize he's probably the one with the crush
>shortly after con, he confesses his feelings on Skype
>have to turn him down
>try to be positive about it
>he seems okay
>check facebook, notice an entry of mine has fewer comments and likes than before
>he deleted his comments and unliked the post
>i feel terrible, realize i must have hurt him more than he let on
>investigate my FB and instagram some more
>he's unliked a lot of stuff and deleted his comments
>other comments from the member of the group that told me someone "liked" me are also gone
>panic
>we were already planning another group cosplay
>i was the new, weird one
>what if they only accepted me for his sake?
>what if they hate me for hurting his feelings?
>what if i lose my new friends because they only liked me to support him?

i will probably leave the group to keep from making everyone uncomfortable.

>> No.8665827

>>8665819
>what if they only accepted me for his sake?
>what if they hate me for hurting his feelings?
>what if i lose my new friends because they only liked me to support him?

If any of those answers are 'yes' then you're way better off without those people.
You didn't mean to hurt him and you can't force yourself to return feelings that don't exist.

>> No.8665828

>>8665819
Don't make it uncomfortable by making stuff uncomfortable.

A guy unliked your stuff because he got rejected, and in fairness, he's only trying to get over that he can't have you and doesn't want to stalk your every move anymore. It wouldn't be reasonable for other people to suddenly not like you because you politely turned someone down. Even if it were true, would being paranoid about it not make you feel even worse? Don't overthink it.

>> No.8665834

> Holy Lantern MTO
> Never loved the print as much as most people but like it enough to want it
> Wanted OP especially
> Would be okay with a replica but really hates buying replicas
> Getting in on the MTO is the right thing to do
> It's an investment piece too
> Wants that damn dress
> Should not be buying anymore dresses this month though
> Holy fuck I am spending so much money on this hobby lately

I know supporting brand is the right thing, but I never loved this print enough to get fully into the hype/ justify the cost. But that was before the rerelease and MTO. It's a MTO so not only will I have the real thing but I wouldn't be paying outrageous scalper price. B-But money...

I honestly think I should buy it even though I know not to spend money (I wouldn't be in trouble, I just spent a lot of money recently). I know that if for whatever reason I didn't want it anymore, I can resell it, but it's just a "why couldn't it have come up a few weeks from now" thing.

>> No.8665837

>>8665827
>>8665828
thanks anons...i will wait to see how it plays out.

>> No.8666485

I. Feel. Great.

Because I've taken a break from lolita to focus on other hobbies & life goals. And my awesome wardrobe hasn't gone anywhere.

Take a break ppl, you'll feel better.

>> No.8666764

>>8665766
No, baby cries are by evolution designed to be as distressing as possible, because it spurs humans into action to help them. A baby fussing, I. E. Not really crying much at all might be cute maybe, but a baby crying is terrible.

>> No.8666771

>>8665819
What if they hate you
what if they don't
what if the world was made of pudding.

Don't do something rash just because you think they /might / dislike you. Especially since you are inclined to think people hate you when you're shy and are only recently socializing.

>> No.8666994

>>8665709
I don't mind children if they're well-behaved, but these days so few of them are. Sometimes I wish abortion were legal.

The other day I was sitting in the college library when a mother walked in with her toddler, sat down, opened a book and started blasting cartoons from her iPad so the little mite could entertain itself while she studies. No headphones or nothing.

I was beside myself, I come there to study because I've flatmates at home who make lots of noise and this cunt just waltzes in like she owns the place, with her child no less, into a LIBRARY.

The height of rudeness and entitlement.

>> No.8667005
File: 39 KB, 900x900, angry_pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cosplaying from a fairly popular series with friends
>rare variant
>somehow, locally famous cosplayer chooses to do my character, same variant, on her own
>know her personality from mutual friends
>know she'll find a way to push into my friend group and get shots with them, ignoring me
>they're too shy and new to cosplay to say anything
>if i say anything, next i'll know there will be rumours of me being a raging bitch going around my small comm
>for fuck's sake
>how unlucky can i get

>> No.8667066

>>8667005
Don't just roll over. You have prep time. Let your friends know her personality in subtle ways, poison them against her without having it come back to you.

>> No.8667072
File: 283 KB, 1456x1095, 1432759615496.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lately I've been feeling a real lack of purpose. When I was younger adults would always comment that I was "going places" because I did so well in school and seemed to have my shit together. In the last five years I seem to have fallen apart. I used to throw myself into school and my hobbies like j fashion and cosplay because my home life was a total wreck. I think I just burned myself out though and now I haven't accomplished anything of worth. I didn't go to college. I never traveled. I never grew comfortable in my own skin. Recently I met up with an old friend and she's doing amazing things with her life. She has a kick ass job that pays out the butt. She has a gorgeous home. She's going back to school to persue a degree in something more creative. In comparison I'm a slob. I can't get this voice out of my head telling me I'll never amount to anything and I'll just live and die in the same white trash neighborhood I've been in my whole life. Whenever I try to take a step in the right direction I get pushed back somehow. My car was recently totaled. Money is super tight. I just spend all my time looking at coords online and dreaming.

>> No.8667499

>>8667072
You sound a lot like one of my friends, anon. She was convinced that her life was a mess and my life was so much better but really, I had thought my life was a mess. I was struggling a lot (I mean BIG TIME, could barely function struggling) with my self-worth and anxiety so to hear that she thought I had it all together was really weird. the point I'm trying to make is that everyone likes to share only the best parts of our lives with others and that people usually have more problems then they let on. You've likely got your whole life ahead of you so don't lose hope.

>> No.8667891

>>8652651
Don't settle for anything less anon. There's no point in spending all that money for something that's only half of your dream dress. Wait until the exact color you want becomes available somehow and you will be so happy you saved your money for it.

>> No.8667900

>>8665470
Thank you anon but I think I hurt myself the day after my birthday so now I'm just laying around and feeling like garbage because my stomach is bugging me as well as one of my legs. Yay.

>> No.8667910

>>8667499
The thing I've learned most in life is that everyone has problems. Some are just very good at hiding them.

>>8667072
I know the feeling. I was really driven and did well in school and hobbies as a kid. Once I entered college I started losing that drive. I got bored. Over time, everything is slowly unraveling. Now most everything I do fails. I tried going back to school and that failed. I try to apply for other jobs and can't get one. I'm convinced I'm going to be working retail for the rest of my life.

>> No.8668112

The taobao dress and accessories I got for my Hallowen coord have not arrived yet. I havent even gotten an email from SS with tracking yet. Its probably not going to get here in time

>> No.8668245

>tour my group in uni wanted to do doesnt do tours on weekends
>i assume it means we wont go and agree to go to a lolita meet up that day instead
>havent been to a meet up in a long while
>a few members say theyre looking forward to me coming
>"anon, were still going well just do a self tour"
>I dont want to go now and my uni group is only going to be embarrasing. Theyre all rachet koreaboos who cant dress modest to a location which is requires us to be.
>one of them wants to leave at 7am
>probably going to pretend to over sleep
>also realize last piece of my coord was shipped yesterday and may not make it over seas in time.

>> No.8668261

>>8654530
>not leaving class early regardless if lecture is over
That student is right. Universities aren't like high school - you're paying for the time there so you can (usually) leave early if it doesn't distract the class. Be sure to talk to your professor and tell them you have to leave class early in order to catch the train. Sit near the exit if you can and make you leave as least distracting as possible.

I will say though it is rude to leave class early or show up late on a regular basis without valid reasoning. I'm always 2 minutes late to a class because the previous class is on the opposite side of campus and I have to speed walk at a slight incline in 95 F heat. I spoke to my professor about it the second day of class and he's chill with it. He usually spends the first 5 minutes reviewing what we did the previous class anyway.

>> No.8668270

>>8656029
>>8656061
This is a big fear of mine even though my field is fairly broad and I'm getting two Bachelor's before starting my Doctorate's. I've invested so much of my youth studying and I'd hate for it to go to waste. I think being in school is what I would do no matter what though - I can't justify working a typical job just because it's what pays the bills.

>> No.8668333

>no cons this year cause of bachelor thesis
>never been outside of my country for a big lolita event
>plans to go to next sfe
>really happy about that
>then my mother told me she wants to celebrate her shit 50th birthday at the same weekend
>mfw I don't love my mother that much but born on the same day as her is struggeling
>next year will be shit

>> No.8668338
File: 77 KB, 1200x675, 122014-NHL-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jonathan-Toews-SS-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

petty feels
>making dream dress list at suggestion of friend so I don't overspend on items I'm not in love with
>a few attainable but rare items
>so much Mary Magdalene
>poorfag
>will have to lurk auctions once I'm not in poorfag mode, which should be...some months from now
Silly feels but feels nonetheless.

>> No.8668340
File: 113 KB, 740x600, 1443238905367.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Feeling like a complete idiot after not lodging an assignment properly. I did the plagiarism check and everything but it didn't get lodged into the right area. It's now 2 weeks late in a subject I'm struggling in.

Fuck /cgl/ why am I so bad at uni when I'm actually trying to do good. All I want to do is get into an allied health field, work with patients and make a difference in their lives.

Why can't my brain figure this shit out, why must it completely shut-down with anxiety. No-one is even applying an pressure on me to get good grades or enter a specific program.

Why must you must you suck arse at the moment brain? Why do you struggle to comprehend that there is no pressure?
Why must you make me anxious at meets and dull in conversations?

tl;dr I need to try harder at uni but it's easier to blame my brain and anxiety for my own shortcomings in work ethic.

>> No.8668358

>>8652508
I like this dude I cosplay with all the time and his best female friend won't stop trying to intimidate me because i'm 100% sure she's in love with him. Honestly so ready to just give up. I can't be bothered to dodge around her weird obsession with him. It's not worth the cute couple cosplays. It's just not.

>> No.8668447

>>8668261
>you're paying for the time there
hahaha not me loser
lol yanks

>> No.8668497

>Actually doing something for halloween this year, which never happens
>Big trip to Disneyworld and halloween cruise over the holiday with friends
>Cosplaying to both because I'm a nerd
>Have been working and sewing nonstop, so trip excitement has only recently started to sink in
>Offered wig sponsorship out of the blue. Yay free stuff

Keep those good feels coming, universe.

>> No.8668507

>>8655969
You can do it.
When you crave junk food, rather than stop completely try to wean yourself off it if you're really struggling. Fancy a huge ass chocolate bar? Just take one or two pieces of it. Usually under 100 cals and won't make you feel as bad as a whole bar. Don't stop eating junk all at once because you'll just end up binging. If you are just hungry in general, try fruit or unsalted popcorn.
Do it for the burando, anon.

>> No.8668625

>>8668447
>what is opportunity cost
If anon wasn't spending her days at school and commuting she could probably be spending that time earing money or doing a hobby she likes. We all pay for our time in one way or another.

>> No.8668722
File: 38 KB, 575x185, Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 12.18.20 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you're killing me MM
I just want to have my holy grail dream dress in my hands

>> No.8668726
File: 32 KB, 500x365, 232448.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8655969
When you transition to healthier foods, you'll start to crave those instead. Humans are creatures of habits, both conscious and unconscious. Like >>8668507 said, don't kick all junk food at once, but do kick one piece at a time and wean yourself completely after a couple months. For example, first stop drinking soda and juice and only get water, even at restaurants. Then kick chips, then gummies and fruity candy, etc. Drink a full glass of water and include fresh fruits and veggies at every single meal without fail. Also cut down on snacks between meals by forcing yourself to wait at least three hours after a meal before you snack. Just make sure you're eating well-rounded meals or the cravings and snackish hunger won't stop. And if you haven't learned to cook for yourself yet, do.

>> No.8668748

>>8655969
Do your cravings lean toward more sweet stuff or salty/savory stuff?

I'm trying to lose weight atm now too, if you know your cravings, you can substitute them with healthier alternatives.
The best advise I can give you is to stay hydrated. constantly have a bottle of water on the go, and half the time when I think I wouldn't mind a snack, I'm actually just really thirsty, its insane.
Good luck, anon!

>> No.8668781

>>8668722
When I got the notification on my phone I was so excited because it only showed the sender and "Thank you for your continued business" and I thought they FINALLY shipped it out.

But the wait is definitely worth it, anon. I bought it in a colourway that wasn't rereleased in the meantime and it's absolutely gorgeous.

>> No.8668935

GOT SOME GOOD FEELS FOR YA

>buy blouse for first coord
>it comes with stickers
>can't wait to fucking run off and thank the seller

>start cutting sugar out of my diet
>immediate weight loss
>haven't looked this thin since last year
>can't wait to try on clothes all day
>debating buying caffeine pills so I'd no longer be drinking coffee with sugar

>> No.8669015

>>8664376
Anon I'm so so sorry

>> No.8669020

>accidentally ordered 2 pairs of the same shoe for Nameless Poem coord
>got one pair today
>dont know where other one is?

>> No.8669078
File: 235 KB, 546x534, mmmmmmohmygyad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>browsing LM in class
>friend wants to see what I'm looking at
>show her, she thinks the dress is cute
>sees price
>states that $150 is a bit much for a dress
>she went to NYCC and blew at least $1k on fandom merch

I've spent so much money on countless MMOs, I take pride in buying constructive things (clothes) now.

>same friend 5 minutes later says she wants a "yukata dress"
>I know she means wa lolita
>caution to her that it's very easy to fuck up, she 'assures' me she has enough fashion sense to pull it off
>mfw
>war flashbacks to when she asked me to find her a dress on bodyline and coord it for her, I did so and she complained that every dress was too frilly

>> No.8669103

>>8669015
It's no biggie, I'm buying the wine zipper JSK in the MTO! I honestly have more money than sense, at this point I'm going to have 3 complete sets of HL... I'm sure I'll end up selling one of them eventually...

>> No.8669142

Holy shit mental healthcare is fucking stupid.

So, I went to an outpatient program and they prescribed me a 30 day prescription of an antidepressant. They said I needed to get a provider for after the program and the earliest I could get at the recommend place was 45 days after. Now my prescription is running out and they just informed me that I can't get it renewed because I have to get it renewed at the new provider which I don't have an appointment at for another two weeks. WHICH THEY KNOW.
The worst part is that if you skip the medication it makes you FUCKING SUICIDAL. I was in the ER three days ago with the worst suicidal impulses I've had in a long time for this EXACT reason.
tl;dr fucking stupid pieces of shit prescribe me, a suicidal person, a medication that makes you want to kill yourself if you don't take it, even I'm going to have to eventually skip taking it because they didn't prescribe enough.
What.the.fuck.

>> No.8669443

>car broke down a month ago
>car place couldn't find out what was wrong with it
> they put gas in my car
> no bill
>car broke down a few weeks later
>fix it for $600
>glad it's fixed
>plan lolita meet out of town
>week before meet
>car breaks down again with same problems as before
>pay another $500 for it
>don't feel safe taking it out of town
>mfw haven't been to a lolita meet in months

>> No.8669596

>>8669142

Are you able to take half pills? I was prescribed 50mg Zoloft but I bumped it down to 25mg on my doctor's recommendation by cracking my pills in half because it was giving me literally every single side effect on record. I still take whole pills on days that I have to spend time with my mother, but it's helped stretch my supply and it's had me on a low enough dose that stopping cold turkey would be equivalent to the final step of weaning myself off of it.

If you're taking a high-dose SSRI, you don't want to skip entire doses to save medication. You'll be up and down like a yoyo like that.

>> No.8669799

>>8669596
I've been thinking about this. If I don't find a solution by tomorrow morning I'm going to start splitting them. I feel it's better than quitting cold turkey. And yeah its zoloft

>> No.8669943

>>8668261

Well, it happened again this Wednesday, and even after I tried explaining the problem she just told me she didn't have to make any accommodations (Not that I'm asking her to stop the class earlier...). She told me that if I wanted to leave, I could, but I would have to "bear the consequences". If I only had her in one class, I would, but alas she's my teacher in 4 classes so she can fuck up my grades quite a bit if she decides to be a bitch (and since uni is heavily subsidised in my country, there isn't that idea of " paying for your time" so the administration usually does jack shit if you have a problem with a teacher unless it really goes overboard.). Weirdly enough, she's actually decent in the other 3 classes, so maybe she just hates people leaving early.

I guess I will just try to bear it until we leave for internships in March...

>> No.8670177

>be a vendetta-chan
>getting help after many years of depression and social anxiety, starting to wear normie clothes more often, and losing interest in lolita
>girl I hate posts her whole story on our group today, explaining why she quit lolita last year
>actually feel bad for her because I couldn't imagine she had all those issues
>realize we were both catty bitches who spent thousands in frilly dresses we could barely even wear, and fought over dresses
>feel stupid
>at least she actually had the courage to leave lolita while I don't (and can't even understand why)

>> No.8670232

>>8670177
>had the courage to leave lolita
Why in the fuck would such an action take even an ounce of courage
what are you, the cowardly lion from the wizard of oz?

>> No.8670240

>>8670232
..you're not particularly good at reading, are you? Anon is clearly saying that in reference to the girl she vendetta'd against, not herself.

>> No.8670251

>>8670232
lol calm down. english isn't my first language, maybe I worded it poorly. what I meant is that I'm too hesitant to sell everything like she did.

>> No.8670263

>trying to sell dress for cheap
>lots of people seem interested, just not biting
>sale is up for two days
>watch three replicas sell in that time
all i feel is rage

>> No.8670266

>>8669443
what the hell keeps breaking? you should probably look into getting a new vehicle, i know its a lot easier said than done.

>> No.8670277

>>8665238
My best friend is exactly like that; it really sucks, but you could do what she does and just say you have a high sensitivity to noises, and a baby shrieking is one of those noises that feels like there's a drill in your head.
Best of luck to you, though. I don't know personally how it feels, but watching my bff deal with it looks pretty shitty.

>> No.8670654

>getting ready to wash one of my JSKs -- Milky Planet in sax
>ask around, people say its okay to wash it in water just be gentle
>still unsure because I don't wanna ruin my dress
>decide its best to look at the care tag -- duh
>tag says it shouldn't be washed in water
>fuck...needs to be dry cleaned
>already scared of cleaners and even more after reading reviews.

It's a gamble, isn't it...

>> No.8670658

>>8669443
>read this
>can't believe there are people who cannot fix their own cars
>remember where I am

>> No.8670765

>tfw missed snagging two of my dream dresses/prints in preferred colorways in the same fucking day when they both hadn't popped up for ages
ffffffffffffff

>> No.8670777

>>8670658
Yes, anon. Not everyone knows how to work on vehicles. I realize this may be shocking to you.

>> No.8671354

>>8670266
They don't know, they even called GM and they have no idea
>'we'll replace the wiring this time, hopefully that'll fix it!'
> I'm just sitting over here crying as money comes flying from my wallet
>so much for HL, my ultimate dream dress
>will have to buy it at scalpers price
They said it might not even be fixed, so I'll likely be back in within a few weeks

>> No.8671357

>>8670658
I'm not a mechanic or an autobody student, I just do engineering. I know nothing about cars whatsoever besides the fact that for the cost of them, they should be reliable or mechanics should fix cars correctly

>> No.8671688
File: 146 KB, 493x406, okokok.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have ex who use to hate my nerd interests so passionately i stopped cosplaying for a year.
>Constantly told me i was gross because i took cosplay and anime "to seriously"
>4 months later
>On a date with a cute coworker
>He sees my tanaka phone strap
>He says its really cute and thinks im really cool for liking anime and cosplay
>get giddy as fuck over his small comment about my phone strap.

Honestly im just so shell shocked that a boy could like my nerd qualities. I cant believe my ex stamped "anime is gross" into my head so hard that that i was worried that my date would think my strap was repulsive. Its just so nice but to go from someone who would spit on my favorite things to supporting and even praising me for them.

>> No.8671698

>>8671354
I don't think it'll be easy to scalp HL any more anon, so you'll probably be able to snag someone's regret for cheap in March.

>> No.8671773 [DELETED] 

> Go to pay for HL order
> Realize wallet isn't in purse
> Haven't taken it out since Thursday evening to buy dinner at work
> Mfw someone easily could've nabbed it from my cubby

It's nowhere to be seen and I usually leave it in purse all the time. I paid for my dinner and tossed it back in there before going back to work. Did I lose it or is it stolen, we'll find out after I tear apart my room and car for the third time.

>> No.8671875

>>8670654
test the waistties first or something. a lot says don't wash so you can't claim money from the brand (it's called under labeling or something).

>> No.8671893

>>8667072
Hey, I don't want to make too many assumptions, but you said your home life was a wreck... Have you heard of 'sense of foreshortened future'? I came from an abusive home and had the same thing of doing well then crashing, and it kind of came down to that. Sometimes identifying the problem is the first step so just putting it out there, again sorry if im making assumptions

>> No.8671913

Am I going crazy or are 300+ posts threads not in autosage?

>> No.8671914

>>8671913
310 is the new autosage, or 311

>> No.8671915

>>8671688
My ex was like that too anon. He hated me cosplaying, wearing Lolita, going to conventions without him, anything "nerdy" that dealt with anime.
However, he himself was a comic book "fan" (only liked your generic batman, marvel, star wars.)But because I was HIS women, and his so called "friends" used to cheap on him on how much of need. /geek trash I was, he said I needed to" act" more like a woman, and not what ever I was doing.
So glad I kicked him to the curb.

>> No.8671921

>>8671688
My husband's ex was like that too, so when he and I started dating it was extra fun to watch her start wearing shirts that said "I <3 nerds!!" and talked about how much she ~loved~ Pokemon and Call of Duty lol

>> No.8672142

>>8671698
Thank god

>> No.8672153

>have great coord planned for halloween
>it's not lolita (still jfash tho) so i can't go to my local comm's meetup
>no friends
>have no reason for going out on halloween

>> No.8672166

>>8652688
Speaking of dogs, do any of you avoid dogs or cats when in Lolita? I have a few friends that have dogs or cats, and I really have fears of them ruining something or having a permeating scent.

>> No.8672171

>>8672153
Are you sure your comm wouldn't be okay with you going anyway? A lot of comms ate super accepting of other jfashions at meets, especially if they already know you. You should ask, anon! Have some fun during the best holiday.

>> No.8672176

>>8672171
Are*

Also some feels:
>con on halloween
>have a couple.coords planned
>time running out and still have shit to do
> finish a headpiece, make sure my own wigs are nice and style my brother's, fix the bottom of Antaina shoes
>if I was still cosplaying I'd be flipping my shit
>but with lolita i'm super motivated and can't wait to get my shit done and look amazing

I'm stressed, but somehow still feelsgood.jpg.
I'm always so happy I gave up cosplay for lolita.

>> No.8672187

>>8652821
If they're calling themselves "sea witches" and "swamp witches" it's coming from Tumblr. As a pagan I can say the Tumblr pagan/witchcraft community is cancer.

>> No.8672261

>>8672171
i mean it has some pieces from lolita brands but has the wrong overall shape to be lolita
it doesn't look like that many members are going (only 7 definitely said yes), and i'm new to the area so i haven't attended any of their meets. i just don't want to show up to the first meet in something that is not lolita and have them think that i thought it was lolita. and it's after dark (starts at 8) and i'm terrified of walking around the city at night alone in flashy clothes

>> No.8672298
File: 241 KB, 219x300, tumblr_lrkff1wq8C1qzcvln.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Order a kigurumi online for a con next weekend and Halloween
>It's out of stock and says will ship mid October
>noproblem,jpg
>Order it and it charged my card
>Never got a payment confirmation email or shipping confirmation and its been almost a week
>Email them asking about it
>I made a typo when I typed in my email
>Person gave me the shipping number and apologized for the confusion even though it was my fault
>MFW things turned out better than expected and it should be here for the con

>> No.8672518

>sell a bunch of items, make over $400
>fuck yeah, now I can get HL and a bag and--
>credit card needs a big payment because a special interest period is ending
>gdit there goes my excuse to get a zipper JSK
First world problems to the max, but oh well. At least I'm avoiding like $100 in interest.

>> No.8672562

More HL complaining.

>Pay check comes in and I've got enough spare cash for HL
>Surprise! A doctors bill which I thought my insurance had covered comes in the mail.
>Bill is for a 20 minute doctors appointment
>The amount is almost the exact amount of what I'd pay for HL + accessories
>Goodbye HL

I mean I could buy it and still have money leftover but it wouldn't be the soundest financial decision.

>> No.8672602

>planning trip with friend and ready to buy plane tickets for our first glorious nippon trip
>friend seems ready to buy
>"so friend how much have you saved up?"
>"well im going to calculate how much i should save and then figure out how much to put away"
>ive already saved 3k and actively putting away a few hundred every paycheck
>she makes double what i do in a paycheck but has a terrible spending problem buying every new release and wasting money like water
>i keep hinting about putting half her paychecks away and budgeting but she just laughs it off
>i guess no glorious nippon this summer

>> No.8672669

>friend confesses feelings for me right before we go to a lolita meetup together
>have had feelings for friend for a while too
>amazing meetup, good group of people, everyone looked nice, etc
>feelsgoodman.jpg

>> No.8672722 [DELETED] 

>don't get salty I am in high school
>I work my ass off babysitting so this is my money
>anxiously waiting for reply from over sea shop to see if wrist cuffs can arrive on time
>working on sweet witch coord
>still have a lot of "make it myself" shit to do afraid it's gonna look bad & still need to go to a craft store
>going to wear my coord to school to shit on the weebs who hate me
>just moved to this school and was attacked by all the weebs
>the weebs flocked to me when they found my Facebook and saw Lolita
>girl says she's also a Lolita
>mfw I ask her why she's not in the local comm and she doesn't know what that means
>shows me a picture of her in milan00
>all the weebs shriek and call her "kawaii"
>I cringe and hold back throw up
>this girl brainwashed all the weebs into thinking it's okay to purchase dresses on Amazon and milan00 and that Lolita is cosplay
>she's going to school as a "broken doll" in one of her milan00 dresses with ink pen on her arms and the ugliest effing wig I've ever seen
Kms
I hate this school
I hope I look okay in the end I'm so anxious & mad as well OP

>> No.8672729

>>8672722
4chan is an 18+ site

>> No.8672739

>>8672722

>admitting you're <18 on an 18+ website

Now that's cringe.

>> No.8672765 [DELETED] 

>>8672739
boo fucking hoo 17 is so far away from 18 oh no my poor innocent eyes maybe once I'm 18 I'll come back and cringe at the fetus-sans with you

>> No.8672781
File: 642 KB, 200x200, cringe101410.gif-c200.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8672765

I'd advise you to stop before you make an entire fool of yourself.

>> No.8672783

>>8672739
Well, I was going to say I knew losers in high school who flunked so many times that they were there until they got kicked out at 21, but then >>8672765 went and made an idiot of themselves. Enjoy your ban I guess.

>> No.8672792

>>8672722
You are nearly as cringey as those weebs, just from the way you talk, I really hope you learn this and take it to heart.

>> No.8673148

>>8672722
>worried you're gonna look like shit
>still put time and energy into tearing someone else down
Bitch focus on your own coord and be glad your family allows you the money to be buying real lolita pieces. If you even have a job, they could be charging you for utilities and groceries and then your broke ass couldn't even afford Milanoo.

>> No.8673543

>>8659505
This anon here.

>took up counseling sessions again
>feeling a little better
>now have the strength to apply for different jobs, am starting tomorrow
>have work soon (eleven hour shift on the shittiest day, will be yelled at constantly, treated like dirt as usual) but the thought of a new job will keep me going
>we can get through our shit, gulls

>> No.8673852

>dream dress goes up on y!a
>"I shouldn't really be buying a dress rn"
>2 days left
>¥10000
>"lol nevermind you will be mine"
>couple hours later the price doubles
>back to disappointment and poorfagness

>> No.8673870

>>8673543
Good luck.

>> No.8674250

>bought every part of my cosplay (it's a casual-looking character) except for the shirt around three months ago
>meh, i'll get it some other time
>con is next week
>completely forgot about the shirt
>had to pay for express shipping so it'd be printed/sent out in time

>> No.8674594

>>8655969
I have really bad cravings too, anon. I've tried replacing sweets with rice cakes with peanut butter as my go-to snack. If I feel like it I'll have one or two chocolate rice cakes. Also, it's not too terrible to have a little bit of junk food once in a while, just make sure to stay at or under your daily allotment of calories per day. My friend and I have worked out a deal where we would diet most of the time and only eat like shit when we see one another which is about once or twice a month. Do you have MyFitnessPal installed on your phone (if you have one)? That helps me out a lot. I think Carrot hunger might be good too, since if you go over your calorie allotment it'll call you fat and berate you, but it's really funny when it does so.

>> No.8674614
File: 236 KB, 311x267, alice.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck i hate talking online i somehow always end up sounding stupid or bitchy. I never comment on things in my comm's facebook page but i just did and i feel like i came across as bitchy or retarded fuck this is why i primarily use websites like 4chan to talk to others online because if i say something stupid or bitchy nobody knows it's me. I didn't even make an introduction post to the comm because i was scared of coming across the wrong way i kinda just let my bf introduce me. I'm so glad my bf wears lolita i probably wouldn't even have been able to go to a meet without him. I wish i wasn't so fucking awkward.

>> No.8674659

>>8653135
Salty bitch much?

>> No.8674680
File: 1005 KB, 500x281, 200012938575.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Brother and his gf have a messy seperation
>He cheated on her, she becomes super passive agressive and completely shuns my family
>He pays all of her bills because they had two kids together and goes to their house every night to cook them dinner and put them to bed.
>She works two days a week as a bartender. That's it.
>She times us (me, my parents, and sister) when she is feeling kind enough to "grant us permission" to see the boys
>It's pretty much only one or two hours a month.
>I am used to seeing them every single week for most of the day.
>It's been 7 months

Like...is this normal? I understand being vindictive but she is not the only girl to have been cheated on, and she's not exactly innocent in this. They hadn't been getting along for a long while because they both have their issues. Like yeah, it was super shitty of him and I thought my parents were going to murder him when they found out, but they are letting him live at home with them now. And I think that she is very bitter that they didn't turn him out?

He pretty much has no money despite having a full time job for over 12 years, because he pays the mortage on her house on top of all of her bills. He had a town house that he was renting, but she made him sell it for more money.

Today was the first time in months I got to spend more than 2 hours with my nephews, and my parents were not allowed to come. So when I got home it was this drama of my mom sobbing because she thought they were coming over to our house. But my older newphew, he just turned 5, you can tell it is really affecting him. He's very clingy to my brother, and less so to me, but he always gets so upset whenever I have to leave so soon, it's so sad. idk what to do, everyone says to just give her time but it's been 7 months. We've tried reaching out to her but she just blows us off. Her family is literally just her and her mom, who had not talked in over a decade until she first got pregnant. This is just so messed up.

>> No.8674698

>>8674680
He should sue for full custody of the kids. Just from what you're saying, she cannot support them alone. They aren't married, so he should have them. Whose name is on the mortgage? If it's only his, he should be living with the children, not her.

Also, it was shitty of him to cheat on her. Sorry you and your family are caught up in the situation, sounds bad all around.

>> No.8674708

>>8674680
This whole thing is messy. She is using the kids to get at him, which is sadly a common thing that happens but isnt good. They should really be going to court for the children stuff and get to a better balanced way of dealing but it sounds like they both dont want to deal with it. It would be a set amount for him to pay and she would have to let the children be with him more often and not just when she wants to but a planned time of the month. I would say she would not want to because child support is just for that and wouldnt be for her rent so it would be less money for her. I can see why she is bitter when you have a guy who you been with for long enough to have a 5 year old cheat on you but putting kids through shit is the worst.

>> No.8674723

>>8674698
>>8674708
The thing is, it gets messier. My brother was in jail years ago for too many DUIs. Maybe more things that I don't know about. He got his shit together when he got out, but if your liscense is revoked from DUI you can't renew it for something like 10 years? But he still drives, just incredibly carefully because he needs to get to work somehow.
He wound up getting pulled over by a cop a few years ago because my dad messed up and put the wrong registration sticker on his car. Long story short, he went to court, the judge gave a fair ruling, then some senator or some shit wanted to make an example out of DUI drivers, and forced the court to change the rulings on like 10 cases or some shit to make them harsher, my brother's one of them. So now we have to wait god knows how long for them to go to court again.

So he can't sue for custody or go to court because he was in jail and has this court bs going on, despite being the breadwinner. The mortage is under her name, they initially weren't living together, she had the house with a friend when my first nephew was born, but the friend moved out and she couldn't afford the house. So my brother pays her mortgage because his kids live there, and then he paid all of her bills because she decided to go back to school, which he wanted her to do. After this bs happened, she had to take her BOARDS and that's it, after she graduated. She still hasn't done it. So essentially my brother sold his house that he had lived in for like 15 years to help pay for her to go to school and she's not even going to bother finishing because why should she? He pays all of her bills and she can just play at home mom while bartending twice a week.
And he can't say anything or take her to court because she keeps threatening to tell someone about how he drives w/o a liscense and send him to jail. Even though we've pointed out to my brother that she would be homeless, considering he pays all of her living expenses.

>> No.8674740

>>8674723
>hasn't taken her boards exam
So she has to take one more test and she can put all that knowledge to use and get a nice job? Who even paid for her schooling? It sounds like your brother paid the bills while she didn't work, so did she take out loans? Get scholarships? Please don't tell me he paid her tuition as well.

She sounds like a bitter woman taking advantage of your brother while inflicting emotional damage on their kids. After reading this I'm very grateful my parents' divorce was clean. I really hope you can get the court involved somehow because these kids are growing up in a hostile environment without a father.

>> No.8674747

>>8674723
Did you actually ask a lawyer about this? This sounds like a whole lot of speculation on your part, assuming that she'll get full custody just because he has no license, or that he'll somehow get jail time solely based on her word that she's seen him driving. If you are actually, really serious about filing for at least joint custody, you need to talk to someone who actually knows the law and can better predict how a judge will rule on your case. At a guess he'll have to pay child support in exchange for visitation rights unless you can show she's an unfit parent, but it sounds like he's already doing that already but with less benefits.

Alternatively he could, you know, stop paying her bills and have a serious discussion with his ex about the situation like two actual adults. She clearly needs to more to a place she can afford and/or work more, and if she digs her heels in about it and he he skips paying her morgage to drive home that this is serious, they aren't going to foreclose on the house from 1-2 missed payments. Basically, your brother needs to man up and address his problems.

>> No.8674759

>>8674723
He needs to start taking the bus or getting rides so she can't hold it over his head. His kids matter more than anything, and it doesn't sound like she's taking care of their emotional well-being. Maybe your parents could also consider trying to get custody.

>> No.8674828
File: 44 KB, 500x375, 8(.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw broke as fuck, only make enough to pay bills and rent
>tfw want $$$ for cosplay supplies
>decide to do commissions
>no one bites
>mfw

>> No.8674873

>>8674759
>>8674740
>>8674747
He works too far away from a bus stop. We used to take turns driving him years ago, but it simply doesn't fit into our own schedules. We have our own lives to live, and he's been driving to work on his own for years before the kids were born. We'd drive anywhere else, but he works two jobs so that's the only time he drives. Your life can't just stop because you don't have a liscense, and public transportation isn't reliable if you're not in a city.
He has a lawyer, and they pretty much said that he would not get custody outside of seeing them for a day or two a week. And that it is up to the primary care giver to decide if it is in the best interest of the children to see extended family. So she could just write us off completely out of spite, and she probably would.
She is reluctant to go to court though because she demanded that he pay her child support since "he wasn't giving her enough money" and my brother had her look it up. Apparently she wouldn't even get 1/5 of what he is paying now, it just covers living expenses for the kids. So she said "maybe we can figure this out on our own without going to court." This was 6 months ago.
My parents spoke with their lawyer about custody of the kids in the worst case scenario, they were told that they wouldn't get it. Apparently, my sister and I, as the only two siblings, are the legal next of kin so custody would go to us if something bad happened. Legalities are very messy.

My brother just wanted her to take her damn Boards so she can get a good, full time job with benefits so she can pay the bills and pitch in for health care for the boys (they are on his plan). If she can pay her own bills for the house she bought, he can go get his own place and then they could just hash out joint custody.

>> No.8674882

>>8674873
cont. (sorry for so long, thank you for listening to me!)

idk, we're all just at this stand still that depends on her mood and have to allow her to call the shots, because if she really wanted to, my brother would wind up in jail. So my brother is too afraid to speak up about how she is treating my family or how she spends his money because he just wants to see his kids every.
She relies very heavily on her mom though. For babysitting and help, because she honestly can't handle being a single mom.

It's such a huge mess, I feel so bad for my nephews, because outside of my immediate family, there are so many cousins and such on our side. And they haven't seen them in years, and probably don't even realize they have more family outside of the ex and her mom, and then us. She is very...isolating with them? Like, they are only allowed to visit and stay at her house and her moms house. And if you wanted to visit you had to practically schedule an appointment to come over? Idk I guess I'm just used to my hugeass family where it was like "drop the kid off with grandmom for a night, whatever" or we'd sleep over with a group of cousins whenever. I feel like they're missing out on that experience.

>> No.8674909

>>8674828

When I was looking for a commission, it was just hard to find.

Do you have some good portfolio pics at least? I'm assuming you listed your stuff on a few different websites.

>> No.8674950

>>8674614
A few tips: Learn how to break up a post onto paragraphs properly. Put a paragraph wherever a longer pause would go while talking, or wherever you change subject. This makes your thoughts flow better from one subject to the next, improves readability, and is overall better.

Work on capitalization and grammar. A lower case I goes a long way to making you seem stupider than you are.

Break up your sentences. A sentence should ideally have no more than 3 clauses, and should convey a single idea. It might be a big idea, or a compound idea, but learning proper sentence structure goes a long way to making a good impression.

>> No.8675163
File: 66 KB, 960x720, 1430336685121.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>plan a cosplay I really want to do for local con, pretty excited
>have dress (in terms of sewing) and shoes finished
>plan to do wings and accessories the week before con
>suddenly the two assignments I thought I had due that week became four because my lecturers are assholes
>get very, very sick Friday night
>go to doctor
>good news anon, it's pneumonia!

>con is this Saturday
>no chance of finishing cosplay in time
>barely going to finish assignments in time
>currently bedridden
>might not even make it to the con at all

>> No.8675323

>lab partner doesn't do shit for an assignement for tomorrow
>I've done my part, she doesn't even know what's the exercice is yet
>tomorrow I'm in the hospital so if she gets called by the teacher I'm screwed because we're gonna be bith graded on her shit work

College is hell. I don't understand why our teachers force us to work in groups when it makes no sense anyway.

>> No.8675355

>>8675323
Shit sometimes really makes no sense, a friend of mine had a partner during an project that didn't do shit, and even though he made it known to the teachers that guided the project for weeks, they still ended up with the same grade.

It's just unfair, he did all the work and she didn't even come to school yet they both got a passing grade.

>> No.8675372

>>8674950
Thank you anon I'll try this!

>> No.8675551

Everyone and their dog is buying holy lantern now in multiple cute and colorways to the point that it's taken up multiple containment threads. I'm gonna laugh my ass off when /cgl/ hates it in a year because it's the dress that everyone fucking owns and coords horribly

>> No.8675648

>>8675323
>>8675355
Talk to the teacher in their office hours. It is seriously unfair for you to have your grade dragged down by a dead weight partner.
Tell them that you are attending that school on an academic scholarship and bad grades risk that. How is it fair that you have constantly reached out to your partner, let alone did your share of work and more, while they did nothing, wouldn't attend class, and will have your grade dragged down because of it. If you make a good enough arguement the teacher should make an exception for you. If they say lol oh well, then tell them that depending on the grade you get based on your partner's work, you will be bringing this to the department head.
Fuck that shit.

>> No.8675659

>>8675323
>>8675355
My English professor said group projects are important because you WILL work in groups in "professional settings." She also treats the class as if we're still in high school (constantly reminds us to not talk while others are presenting and keep our phones away) so there's that.

>>8675648
Seriously this. It's your time you're spending at college, you shouldn't lose a scholarship or get a bad grade because of some shitty classmate.

>> No.8675674
File: 76 KB, 500x464, 1430053752942.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8675323
Try having to put up with that shit every single week, it's infuriating.

>studying music with a huge emphasis on group/ensemble performance with different people every week
>have to organise rehearsals every week for the following week's performance classes
>people are unavailable all the time, show up late or don't bother coming at all
>no rehearsal facilities on campus so we have to use studios/practice space around the city and pay out of our own pocket
>vocalists sit on their phones/talk to eachother over the band trying to communicate musical ideas because the compositions are original and are ironed out during these rehearsals
>guitarists/bassists piss about swapping instruments to fun or wasting time playing random licks or verses to irrelevant songs when we're paying by the hour and have very little time in general to get our shit together
>mfw

>> No.8675703

I'm new to lolita, so maybe this is normal, but the past four sellers I've bought from [all fantastic girls] have done the same thing; they won't tell me when they've shipped the dress. I'll pay the invoice, and then won't hear from them for about 3 or 4 days. I'll shoot a message just as a 'hey, is everything confirmed?' And, inevitably, they'll have shipped the dress a few days beforehand. Which is great! But.. i'd like to know that it's been shipped, ya know? Maybe I'm just too much of a worrywort.

>> No.8675726

>>8675703
Did you ask them 'please let me know when the dress is shipped' when you paid? Are they shipping with a tracking number? I usually give an estimate like between so and so days if they don't say anything, and only gives a heads up if I don't ship within that estimate.

>> No.8675732

>wanted to do a coord with a weird obscure theme to make good impression on new comm
>found out only one other person has done it before and it's actually really good
>worried I won't look as good or will be constantly compared to her coord
>fuck it I'll be a witch

>> No.8675759
File: 272 KB, 600x583, 238.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Buy items off Ebay
>Be a good buyer, pay immediately and leave 5/5 feedback
>Still haven't received any feedback yet after a week

>> No.8675768

>>8675759
If you've bought from them more than once, only the first transaction's feedback counts into the buyer score so that may be why

>> No.8675814

>>8675659
Well, group projects are very important, but at college level you should be allowed to choose your groups. And there is nothing wrong with a professor telling your to put your phones away or to talk while other groups are presenting. That's kind of a given considering it's rude and disrespectful. The fact that they have to even ask people to put phones away or to stop talking goes to show how rude the students are being.

>> No.8675944
File: 192 KB, 330x332, 1422415423960.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>halloween coming
>gonna be hitting some parties on campus/downtown
>make normalfaggy couple cosplay, bf's choice, to make up for all the weeb shit i rope him into
>don't put a whole ton of time/money into them because i know they'll probably just end up beer-stained and gross by the end of the night
>they look great by normie standards, will probably take a lot of silly pics in them

>tfw still terrified of ending up on a seagull cringe thread for low effort/overdone characters/no wig

>> No.8676008

>>8675648
Teachers don't care about us being on a scholarship here though, they won't make an exception. Some teachers are actually more strict because if you don't show up in a mandatory class without a "good" reason and official documents to prove it you have to pay the organisation back everything they gave you for the year.

>> No.8676014

>>8676008
>tfw sick and contagious so had to miss class today
>have to go to the doctor to get a note even though I really just need rest to recover because I can only have two unexcused absences from my classes or I get kicked/my grade gets dropped
>don't really have the money to see the doctor
>'murrica!

>> No.8676038

>>8659713
Just want to say, OMFG I NEED THAT FUCKING DRESS IT SO PRETTY. Just saying

>> No.8676058

>>8676038
are you 12 or just a tumblrtard? don't type that way, it makes you seem autistic as fuck

>> No.8676062

>>8676058
>being this autistic

>> No.8676167

>>8675814
I agree with what you said, but I guess I should have clarified my annoyance a bit. The professor tells us in a very scared tone and has no consequences. I know some students whisper or have their phone out just because they won't get in trouble. She's toughened up a bit after the mid-semester evaluation but there's still those shitty students that would rather sit in class on their phone than just skip the lecture.

We got to grade our group members by the amount of effort they put in so that was nice. I really lucked out with a good group in that aspect.

>> No.8676175

>>8676014
>prof requires doctor's note if you miss class
>go to campus health center for note
>"lol we haven't given out notes for like five years"
Fucking 'Murrica

>> No.8676178

>>8675944
Same here anon. The pictures I take will most likely have some Halloween decorations in the background so hopefully if I do get posted someone will point out the decorations and call vendetta.

I'm actually getting excited for my costume! My friend offered to help since I've been so caught up with school so I'll get a lot done this weekend. I was having a hard time finding boots for the costume and found a pair with a nice silhouette for $35 but the heels were so tall and thin I could barely walk in them. I found a better pair with a thicker heel online and with my first purchase got 75% off so I ended up paying $15 shipped! The woman I spoke to assured me they will get here before Halloween so now I anxiously await their arrival.

>> No.8676781

>>8673852
I hope you weren't bidding on the dress i'm bidding on
and that you're not still bidding on it
>tfw your max bid is over 50k and probably too much for this dress but fuck it

>> No.8676832

>someone in my group assignment writes a lot of stuff, and edits other people's parts
>mfw I realise he's using a heap of contractions in the report
>mfw he says he made a lot of stuff up
>mfw we need to cut down and he thinks we should mostly keep his parts

Fuck this shit

Cgl related, I've been spending so much money, I used to be so frugal and now I don't have any savings left

>> No.8676979
File: 430 KB, 635x550, seagull attacks peace.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> get invited by friends to cosplay a group of characters from the same series with them
> only character that suits me and that is easiest for me to make (I already have a number of components) is already taken
> mfw I've already cosplay-collided with the person who's doing that particular character last year
> mfw I'll probably look better than them if we do the same cosplay
> mfw I don't want to cause drama within the group
> I really would look better though

>> No.8677172

>friend of mine was murdered
>she loved seeing me in Lolita
>always encouraged me to wear it
>always took coord photos of me
>mfw can't even look at it
>mfw have lolita packages coming
>mfw don't even want them anymore

>> No.8677447

>>8668935
>caffeine pills
I've had mixed results with the pills I use. I use Sundown Naturals 200 mg and some days I get a kick while other days (like today) they just don't work. Berocca is a nice pick-me-up but can cost a bit.

You could try using low-fat creamer and natural sugar (I use Zing but also like Truvia) so you still get your coffee but slightly healthier.

>> No.8677766

>>8676979
If the character's already taken, it's already taken. Don't be a bitch about it. Do the character another time.

>> No.8677769

>buy closet cosplay from pieces I found on eBay
>after purchase
>what the fuck did I just do? why did I do that?
>haven't read the series in years
>I got a fair way and I liked the character best, but that's still 5 years of series I haven't read/watched
>not entirely sure costume will be accurate, google images are inconsistent
>summer variant in November (con is all inside, but even so)
>not sure the wig I have would 100% work
>don't have right shoes or contacts, just "close enough" ones
>stuff might not even arrive before con
>why? why did I do this to myself? why do I want to inflict this half-assed costume on the world?
>because all the pieces can be re-used for other costumes/daily wear
>because it was $12 all in all
>because for the first time ever I'll be able to afford a full weekend, at a con, in a hotel, with my friends, with a new costume every day
>even so, why
>fuck now I have to fit another pair of shoes in my suitcase
>FUCK
>goddamn impulse buying

>> No.8677968

>>8677172

Rock that lolita in her honor.

>> No.8678593
File: 41 KB, 400x453, 1445103833583.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8655969
It could be worse, friend.
>skinny-chan
>just happened to be ugly
>look shit in burando, and you can't weight-loss away a gross face

>> No.8679060

>>8676014
Forge it, I did it all through high school and college without getting caught. I got a note for a legit reason once then shooped it forever after