[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 174 KB, 900x632, beyblade_kai___looking___by_superpluplush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8608379 No.8608379 [Reply] [Original]

Old thread is in autosage. You know the deal, spill your deep, dark, autism filled past as a social embarassment.

>> No.8608382
File: 78 KB, 990x258, do you want to talk about stein's gate.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

screencap'd from the last thread because it was fucking hilarious

>> No.8608385

Serious question, have any of you guys been positively influenced by anime/vidya/comics or whatever? You know how kids look up to idols and shit and aspire to be like them, but with anime characters and shit.

>> No.8608395
File: 189 KB, 600x640, 1437510349575.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608382
Tip top kek
Would marry and argue about world line theories during rough sex

>> No.8608396

link to old thread: >>8602119

OP pls

>> No.8608413
File: 184 KB, 600x281, related.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I used to roleplay on MySpace during the time when it was super cool to edit anime and manga scans and use those as character depictions after altering them to your OCs appearance. The roleplaying part was super intricate and I had two other friends join in and we had really complex storylines about them and we would send myspace wall messages back and forth to each other with the actions responding to the previous wall post. Its complicated... Man.. Those were fun days.

I honestly still use the same name I did back them as my handle for everything. [image related]

>> No.8608415
File: 903 KB, 400x300, 93d780fe45215d350fe785b018f61aae.jpg.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reposting this here because the other thread is dying.

Also spoilers definitely don't work.

>>8608379
>Halfway through 9th grade
>Am a guy_
>Fairly Bishie
>Have multiple online friends
>Early 2013 they eventually convince me to watch Angel Beats
>Known about anime basically forever but never really cared about it
>Challenge accepted
>Absolutely loved it
>Proceed to watch shit anime for the next year or so because I was naive as hell
>Meanwhile IRL
>Had few friends prior and by this point I was down to three
>Basically everyone in my school is fucking insane and hates everything that isn't common culture (There's like 170 people in total)
>Friends with tomboyish girl who I've known since like 4th grade
>Basically the only person who didn't treat me like absolute fucking shit during school
>Treasure her like diamonds
>Not sure if lesbian
>Literally everyone shits on us for different reasons for being outcasts
>Still hide powerlevel from anyone
>11th grade she tells me to watch Madoka and Elfen lied
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>Fast forward to senior year
>Essentially only friend is Tomboy
>Still enamored (It's Platonic)
>We more or less just hang out and talk about Monster Musume because she thinks its funny
>Life is pretty good.

I still don't know whether she's straight or not. I'm basically waiting to get through senior year and go to college to make friends again instead of having to deal with the goddamn awful crowd here. At the very least I did discover that there are people in my grade who watch anime but they're all girls. Been going to cons for about a year and a half now and have cosplayed Rosario+Vampire because it's my favorite manga, but all the fans of it I've seen are girls.

I MUST BE IN HELL

>> No.8608416

>>8608385
Tbh, the good stuff usually way outnumber the bad stuff. A couple years ago, I was watching aria (the Italian boat show, not the fighting one), and akari and Alicia go picnicking, but akari fucks up and they wind up having to spend a night shacked up in an abandoned train in the middle of nowhere. Akari is contrite and apologizes, but Alicia cheers her up by telling her a cheesy little story about a lost journeyman who disobeyed his master's orders, and after enduring a lot of suffering, looks up to find himself in a place more wonderful than he originally intended. Then round table feat Nino plays some happy music in the back ground, the next day, they make it back out fine.

That scene stuck with me because, at the time, I had just quit grad school to chase a really dumb start up with a friend, and that had just collapsed because we were (well, I was) really really bad at it. It was a particularly frustrating time for me, and that one particular animu really did work to keep my spirits up.

Later, when I told this story to my sister to convince her of the merits of anime, she laughed at me for being a manchild permavirgin. Lol

>> No.8608419
File: 59 KB, 485x521, L.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
I always wanted to be cute and pretty like anime girls and heros so I learned how to keep up with my appearance and to be concern with my hygiene. Only during crappy days I don't dress up but usually other than that, I do.

>> No.8608423

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqrSXISDNE0

I was exactly like this girl when I was a teenager. Especially the dancing part.

>> No.8608436

>>8608385
in middles school i was in a pretty bad place because of home troubles and constantly moving. im not sure why, but i always loved the excited best friend characters in anime (esp the red headed girl from toradora, i can't remember her name at the moment) because they always were excited, happy, and pushing themselves and their friends to do their best and stay optimistic. for some reason, i aimed to be like this type of girl and started being way more optimistic and happy, and it actually really did make me feel that way? i guess it was kind of a 'fake it till you make it' type of thing. to this day im one of the most positive people i know and i dont let things get me down if i can help it. good things came from my middle school weebness, at least

>> No.8608448
File: 195 KB, 500x700, winry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
I remember watching FMA when I was a kid and being blown away by it (03 version). It was past my bedtime when it came on Adult Swim, so I'd sneak downstairs into my brother's old room to watch it every Saturday. I remember getting really invested in it, and looking up to the characters since I had a hard time making friends. It got me more interested in science and I tried my best to be like the characters in it, like, I guess the moral aspects of it? The even if you fuck up push forward type stuff.

I also really, really liked Winry. I thought she was so cool, so I started to part my hair to the side and get bangs to look more like her (I'm blonde). I still have the side bangs and hair part. I honestly think FMA made me more confident in myself as a person, because when I got to highschool I made some really serious mistakes but I never faltered in my beliefs and toughed it all out somehow.

>> No.8608457
File: 266 KB, 500x370, tumblr_lyvj77aWuc1r4pq4io12_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
I think most of us have been, in the same way that most people have been influenced by a book, film or music.

As someone that's really lazy and pessimistic the genki types always inspired me. Things like Wake Up Girls and even Emi from Katawa Shoujo still are, they make me want to try to change, like >>8608436

On a more vague note, manga is probably the reason why I got so into drawing as well as believing in "the power of friendship" and "creating precious memories with friends".
The eventual slide into lolita is the only reason I learnt to properly do my laundry and iron. Stupid normies think I just grew up, jokes on them.

>> No.8608460

>>8608385
I dunno, I look at characters across all media as inspirations to try to emulate. I was never a hardcore weeaboo, so what I get out of anime and comics and shit is the pleasure of enriching narratives that often inspire me to study and research related subjects after.

>> No.8608482
File: 5 KB, 120x150, avi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
Yowapeda made me like bicycling again and now my legs are nice as fuck. Would recommend.
Pic unrelated but relevant.

>> No.8608508

>>8608482
Gaia ruined my preteen years, man.
I hung around in the GD, and those guys prided themselves on being /b/-lite. It wasn't even in an overly-critical way, like /cgl/, it was just straight-up being mean for the fun of it.

>> No.8608526

>>8608508
I always hung out in art shops and pretended my art was good.

>> No.8608530

>>8608526
I always told people I was such a good artist and I could totally make millions (which was a lot at the time, kekek), but I never really drew anything. I did send art of my avatar to Gaia once, and they posted it, but in retrospect, it was pretty ugly.
For a short while, I did these odd commissions where I'd draw people's usernames in a really neat way, it was moderately-popular for signatures.

>> No.8608545

My parents gave me money to buy a mousepad for the computer (yes the one family computer we had in our house) and I bought a fanmade vocaloid one at the anime convention in town. My entire family used that mousepad for YEARS even after I had moved out.

>> No.8608552

>>8608385
I watched this one anime in middle school, Ayane's High Kick. I think it only had like two episodes and was never completed, but back then you watched anything Blockbuster had to offer. Anyway, it really got me interested in kickboxing, so I looked into trying it and absolutely fell in love. I tried a few places before I found a great gym, and it became like my second home for many years and helped me through the fun that was high school. I may not have gotten into it without seeing it there first, who knows.

>> No.8608557
File: 83 KB, 1290x961, 1bGMahL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When i was in middle school i watched a ton of shin Chan. I thought it was comedy gold with how funny it was and how many poo and pee and rape jokes they could throw at the screen. Started saying random things in class like i hope no one see my ball hair or to be a man you must have honor and a penis. Got kicked outta class a lot. I'm so glad i didn't watch golden boy cause i would have emulated that shit

>> No.8608561

>>8608545
Dont you hate when your mouse pad starts to brown and Frey on the edges

>> No.8608566
File: 8 KB, 427x103, COBCuG5UcAAiP5v.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
Pic related. Not me but still relevant.

>> No.8608673

>>8608382
Steins;Gate is cool beans, but damn, time and place for everything.

>> No.8608692

>>8608415
idgi anon whats the problem with the girls?

>> No.8608712

>>8608385
Read or Die made me love books, also, because of it i want to become a book editor and i'm working hard to make that dream come true.

>> No.8608949
File: 20 KB, 624x352, 11228516_1122302564463180_2037700950173209769_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I grew up in a small, super white conservative town. Pretty much the common story for every cringey weeaboo. In high school is where it got really bad, in the past I just watched Pokemon and Digimon and kept to myself about it, aside from drawing in class when I was supposed to be doing math.

Then, I discovered Naruto, and it went down hill from there. I permanently borrowed my younger sisters headband and wore it around my neck at school constantly, doing the 'naruto run' and jutsus in the school library. How I didn't get my ass kicked more than I did, I'll never know.

Then came the kid who got me into hentai, and would talk about it loudly at school and on the bus. To make me at 16 cringe was a fucking accomplishment, let me tell you. He seriously would talk about his tentacle rape fantasies and other pretty disturbing shit.

There are way too many stories, honestly.

>> No.8608963

>>8608385
Without anime and manga I probably would've gone insane in middle school. A naive, insecure and shy kid without an own world to dig in is pretty lost.
Also anime cheers me up and watching mahou shoujo makes me dress-up more, enjoy little things like a nice cup of tea and keep my apartment clean and nicely decorated. I also used to make bento for university and I cook and bake more because it seems so much fun in anime.
It just keeps up my spirit.

>> No.8608972

>>8608963
Same here. It's more uplifting to me than just about everything else.

>> No.8608974

>>8608949
How did you ever recover?

>> No.8608977

>>8608949
>I grew up in a small, super white conservative town
I'm so fucking jealous

>> No.8608979

>>8608974
Got older, realized how fucking retarded and cringy I was acting. I ended up not being friends with a lot of those people because of how immature they were, surprise surprise (A couple of them came in to my work and loudly asked "YOU LOOKED AT POKEMON HENTAI?!" I swear to god I wanted to murder them).

>> No.8608981

>>8608379
>Hiwatari Kai

You've filled me with immense nostalgia, anon.
Beyblade was my descent to anime hell (also the first anime I ever obcessed about as a kid) and Kai was my first husbando.
It was also my entryway to roleplaying, to becoming a filthy fujoshit (thanks Kai x Takao) and making OCs (huge marysues dating all the characters I liked). Holy shit, can't believe that was already over 10 years ago.

>> No.8608982

>>8608977
WHy tho, it sucked-

>> No.8609021

>>8608385
Yeah, sure. I was a quiet kid and got bullied pretty badly throughout highschool, anime was my escape from all the shit I was facing daily, especially magical girl anime where everything works out in the end as long as you believe in yourself and all that.
I also started becoming interested in website making because of anime fanpages, got into programming, and ended up studying CS, so there's that.

I also got into J-Fashion because of GALS! and Le portrait de petite Cossette, which made me want to be more fashionable, although that only happened after I graduated high school.

>> No.8609026

>>8608482
Same here lol
I love my bike

>> No.8609033
File: 1.05 MB, 800x791, carnelian i love you.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
When I was 11/12 years old I got into anime and would search on the early internet for anime pictures and such. I very quickly found the artwork of Yukirin and Carnelian (I didn't know who they where at that time tho) and I really admired how pretty those pictures where.
I've always been drawing, since I was a child, so this really was an influence to me.
I remember practicing drawing every day because I wanted to become as good as Carnelian. When I was 13 I started digital art in Photoshop.
Now, 10 years later, I've had various commissions from events in my country. They've been commissioning me since 2012 and keep asking me to make artwork for their events and other stuff.
I'm actually pretty glad I forced myself back then to practice more and more and more because I did kinda reach what I aspired as a kid.

Pic related; I fell in love with this picture by Carnelian in 2005 and I still love it very much.

>> No.8609037

>>8608385
>BELIEVE IT

>> No.8609041

>>8609037
No stop that is bringing up memories.

>> No.8609069
File: 64 KB, 960x540, shallowlives.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
I've always hated how the anime community is. There really is a lot of good anime out there that teach amazing lessons and have admirable characters that would serve as a model for ideal traits and self improvement. However weebs take all of those positives and manage to misconstrue it into a "I'm better than everyone because I like anime" circlejerk. If you're a reasonable individual you know exactly the type of person I'm talking about.
I've actually aspired to become greater and better through anime characters. I studied a fuckload in high school and aspired to surpass the trash in my school intellectually because of characters like Lelouch and Light whose intelligence made them overcome incredible obstacles. I got some of the highest SAT scores in school and performed well on AP tests so I wasn't in the same vain as the Narutards that ran around like morons with those stupid ass headbands, it actually made me a better person.
Today I'm still aiming for perfection. I've found my one true calling but other than performing well in school and developing my side projects I'm also aiming to become beautiful and strong since I'm already intellectually superior to the average schmuck and always learning. I'm not a landwhale, but I've always been chubby and physically weak in every way. I wish to destroy any traces of my lesser self by having the strength to do things even most men aren't capable of doing. My face isn't unattractive/ugly so I feel when I do lose weight beauty should easily follow. I'm starting to actually put thought into my looks.

>> No.8609073

>>8608385
It mostly hepled me spend time doing something fun as a teenager when I was basically forbidden from going out unless it was for school because of my shitty health and my parents who thought it was too dangerous. It also helps me getting more and more used to English and Japanese, and neither are my first language. And the shôjo manga I used to read in middle school made me like fashion (thank you Ai Yazawa). And as stupid as it sounds, it made me feel a bit better about being short and skinny thanks to all the characters who are like that because I was bullied for that at school (turned out it was because of a growth hormone defficiency something, and after I took a treatment for years I'm still a short and youg looking adult).

Although, I must say that fan communities have had a bigger impact on me than what I was watching/reading/playing after I started being active online. It's fun talking about hobbies with people who like the same things I like.

>> No.8609074

>>8609069
You sound a little like Patrick Batemen, but heck, I agree with what you're doing.
Just don't get too conceited, anime has taught me that forgiveness and humility makes you more likeable. The stuck-up clever character is always the foil to the carefree character, but a character that works hard and also tries to support others is the main character.

>tfw all this anime talk is making me want to go clean my room

>> No.8609077

>>8608423
the dancing isn't the worst thing I've seen to be honest

>> No.8609080

>>8608385
Absolutely! I was super spaghetti in school and hid my poewrlevel entirely, but characters like Miyuki from Lucky Star or Haruhi from Haruhi made me cope a lot better with my awkwardness, because someone would find me cute (Miyuki) and I'd never sperg out entirely and get undressed in front of the whole classroom, so that was something to hold onto (Haruhi). Anime and manga also taught me how to dress better (I legit used to look like L without even trying, which was depressing as all shit) and manga like Daytime Shooting Star and Princess Jellyfish taught me to persevere and that life doesn't always turn out how you hope it will, but it might turn out better. It's helped me through a lot of shit. It's also given me a huge interest in marine biology and fashion.
Weeby dances have helped keep me fit, even though I never dance in front of anyone. I started teaching myself Japanese, and from there went on to learn Chinese (simplified and some traditional). I can't hold a conversation but I can read it more or less okay.
It also got me into figure collecting, which got me into resin casting and clay modelling, and now I can make money from a hobby, which is always nice. It's also taught me to manage my finances a lot better.
I also went through the dreaded Yaoi Phase. Shockingly, it taught me to be selective in choosing manga, and it taught me a lot about how not to draw anatomy, as well as introducing me to lolita via Princess Princess (I know, I know, but it was well researched for a manga).
It's helped me see nice things in my daily life- I always think of Mami when I have tea and cake, or Yuki when I read a book that's 'unique', or Osaka when I read something like hook hand car door. It might be stupid but it cheers me up a lot.

>> No.8609084

>>8608385
I used to copy anime plots for elementary school "write a story of your own" type assignments and always got good grades.
I was also really into cheesy anime plots at the time, and sometimes tried to write my own, which was fun and probably helped me git gud at descriptive writing.
And I'm pretty sure I was obsessed with Nanase Aoi's art style (pic related) at some point, which got me into drawing + design.
I don't know, being a cringy weeb paid off in its own way. I probably wouldn't be as creative as I am today if I was never into anime shit.

>> No.8609144
File: 340 KB, 2000x1124, shirayuki-mizore-wallpaper-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be 13
>watched a few anime, not too much
>came across some cool tekken videos (was about to get new one)
>interesting looking anime in intro, apparently called Rosario + Vampire
> Started watching it, freaked out because I absolutely loved it
> Told friends about it, they didn't give a fuck naturally
>Changed wallpapers etc to Mizore (best girl)
>Went to friends house one day
>Had my usb stick with me which was formatted so that you can transfer images towards xbox360 to use as wallpaper
>Friend of mine was looking through it
>saw my pc wallpaper of Mizore, changed both his xbox and laptop background to it
>to this day, his xbox still has that wallpaper even though he didn't watch a single episode

Another story
>art class
>Bring anything that describes you
>brings in death note figurine, explain that it explains my lifestyle
>in front of whole class

Still suprised nobody ever gave a fuck and just lived with it tbh

>> No.8609174

>>8608981
Man, no kidding though but beyblade was a good time because it was so mainstream. Kids would bring a dish to recess and have tournaments and the tops were really fun to put together and pretend they were legit like in the show.
I remember really liking Kai, he was my favorite. And then I think I also really liked Max since I thought he was cute. I totally drew pictures of myself on a Beyblade team, but then again I also drew pictures of myself as a Digimon Tamer.

>> No.8609178

>>8608385
Let's be honest here, Ghibli movies made everyone desire to go clean shit.

>> No.8609296

>>8608423
the voice acting wasn't that bad tbh, sounds like she could word for funimation

>> No.8609344
File: 187 KB, 478x353, 1083830_1343193117750_full.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>watching Yuyu Hakusho on the family CRT TV in the living room back in the day
>dad comes over
>gives me hour long lecture about honor while I am trying to watch the show
>because japanese, therefore has to be all about honor, you dishonor famiry name, shamefur dispray
>dad idgaf it just has cool fight scenes
>I don't want to take up the samurai code just for a TV show
>obviously don't say that
>sit there drooling like a zombie with one eye on the screen and one eye on him, able to listen to neither fully
>got private television for my bedroom soon after
>never watched downstairs again
>dad bitched that I always hide in my room
>ho, no shit
>begin purchasing manga with allowance money
>smuggle it in so dad wouldn't see
>if he saw a shopping bag, he'd demand to see what I bought, so I hid it in my backpack and disposed of the bags and receipts in secret
>fill room with manga
>put layer of normalfag books in front to hide it
>listen to TV very softly so he can't hear it
>learn to hide power level, never tell anyone
>dad being an illiterate, stereotyping racist prevented me from becoming the school weeaboo
>th-thanks, dad

>>8608482

I biked before it, but now I have a very nice roadbike (retails for over 1600 USD, although I bought it for 175 off craigslist, probably stolen but see how many fucks I give.) I lovingly maintain it and ride for all my short-distance errands and for fun. YP taught me a lot about riding technique, adjustments, and maintenance, honestly. My bike is my best friend.

>> No.8609362
File: 637 KB, 1197x1734, 1-21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
Absolutely anime and manga has influenced my life in so many ways. I think it all goes back to sailor moon. I was born physically disabled and I had a really hard time making friends my age because I couldn't really run or play. At recess I would usually go off on my own and play "moon princess" and pretend I was playing with my "friend" Serena. I would make up stories that she was my long lost big sister and that we'd fight crime together and I'd pretend I had a boyfriend who was tuxedo mask's long lost little brother. It's a little cringy now but it made me feel so magical and special as a child. And to this day when I feel a lack of confidence I tell myself I'm a powerful moon princess. I know it's dopey and lame but it really works for me.

>> No.8609381

>>8609362
shit, that's adorable. Did you eventually make real friends, anon?

>> No.8609534
File: 3.10 MB, 3300x2550, progress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609033
Aw man same. Looking back at the stuff i drew when i first started is embarrassing but makes me proud of how far i've come. Anime is the reason I really got into art (As embarrassing as that is), and i'm pretty grateful for that. Now i'm majoring in graphic design and trying to become an illustrator. wanna get to where you are, man.

pic related, now and then

>> No.8609539

>>8608379
Ohhhhh boy, heres a good one.

>Be 12
>Have a good amount of buds at school
>Play soccer and dodgeball during Middle School
>Be otherwise a "normal", powerlevel hidden guy
>Secretely be super into yaoi and yuri
>Watch nothing but Lucky Star
>Only have one friend I can talk to about it
>Turn him from conservative catholic boy into Shota-Catboy loving super weeb
>Get invited every few months to my friend Dan's house
>Dan's sleepover is the highlight of our friend group
>Dan has soda, candy, 55" TV and on Demand cable

This is where things reach critical mass

>Go to Dan's house at around 4pm, right after school
>Hang around in his pool and play vidya
>Conversation always turns to sex
>Other friends are completely mystified about the female anatomy
>Reveal my powerlevel and describe the "mechanics" of a woman in detail
>Unfortunately, I only read shitty fan translations
>I use the words "ona-hole" and "cunny" to describe the vagina
>Friends are enraptured by my extensive knowledge of the subject
>Listen to me in utter amazement for HOURS
>Feeling pretty good about myself for a while

That's when things got really bad.

>> No.8609540

>>8609534
>illustrator
>pic related

oh god.

bro, the 'now' is clearly more technical than the 'then' but it's not good.

>> No.8609546

>>8609540
yeah.. i'm still not that great

>> No.8609549

>>8609540

It's not great, but there's clearly a display of skill. I presume that's just a fun sketch and not his magnum opus.

>> No.8609550
File: 52 KB, 720x291, oh god why.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have many screencaps like this from when I was in my weeaboo phase because I never deleted them.
Takuto was my anime boyfriend (Takuto Kira from Full Moon wo Sagashite) and I never shut up about him. I would talk about how I had sex with him in my dreams in public, and I said "KYAAAA" and "NOSEBLEED" irl when I thought of him.

>> No.8609563

>>8609539

>Corrupted bud appears, lets call him Gabe
>Gabe shows up to the party late
>Sees everyone gathered around in the jacuzzi
>Removes his naruto head band and Zatch Bell shirt
>Jumps into Jacuzzi and asks whats going on
>I try to pass of the conversation as sports, knowing the extent of his powerlevel
>Other friends talk up what I've revealed so far about the mysteries of the deep

That's when Gabe says, and I quote

"YOU THINK GIRLS ARE COOL? YOU DON'T KNOW THE HALF OF IT"

>Despite my protests, Gabe disappears in a flash to retrieve his bag
>I start to get out and dry off, terrified of the eldritch horrors Gabe could furnish to my innocent friends
>I say I have to go to the bathroom
>Head inside to grab my stuff, hoping to slip out the front door and walk home
>I don't know what Gabe has in store, but I don't want to be around to be associated with it

>Heading through the house, grabbing parts of my clothing
>Gabe appears on the landing of the stairs
>Holding his PSP in one hand, some Manga in the other
>Runs outside
>As I cross the threshold of the front door I hear the fate of my friends loud and clear

"THIS IS CALLED BOKU NO PICO AND ITS SO KAWAII"

This is only part one of the story. You see, I did successfully walk back to my own house. I had grabbed everything I brought and had made it in one piece. Unbeknownst to me, my family had left on a weekend-long trip to visit family out of town.

I had to RETURN to Dan's house, if there was any of it left after the criticality excursion of Boku No Pico occurred,

>> No.8609626

>>8609563
CONTINUATION:

>walked back as slowly as possible
>not sure if the house has been consumed by the fires of gay emanating from Gabe
>mind running wild with possibilities

Cut forward 20 minutes

>arrive at the house
>its still standing?!
>open the door and announce my return
>house is quiet, dark
>DESERTED
>walk back to the pool area
>not a soul to see
>EVERYONEISDEAD.jpg
>Walk inside and hear laughing
>IT'S GABE
>He's alone in the living room, playing his weeb games on his PSP
>Ask where everyone is
>"They locked themselves in Dan's room anon"
>Jesus christ Gabe what did you do
>"They didn't like gay stuff, but I told them you had stuff they'd like"
>Dear God Why Gabe
>decide to venture upstairs and survey the damage
>Knock on the door
>"NO GAY STUFF MAN"
>Guys its me
>Decide to right the wrongs of Gabe

This is where it gets bad

>Explain the intricacies of Dom-Sub relationships and how they exist in 2D media
>Explain the spectrum of relationships present within the genres of Anime
>Generally sperg out and show them my 220 Megabyte collection of Yuri dutifully translated by only the finest weeb trash

And just for good measure, I put on Lucky Star.

They were not fans of Lucky Star.

I burst into tears and ran out of the room. I'm not talking little drops here, I'm saying inconsolable typhoon. While I was losing my shit, Dan's mom found me hiding under the stairs clutching a stuffed Pikachu I had picked up at some point during my travels around their house. They called my parents, who arrived at 11:30 PM, and I was taken home.

The funny part? I was invited back 3 more times. And I did this exact same thing.

Three.

More.

Times.

>> No.8609698

>>8608385
In grade 8 I was getting into drugs along with a bad friend group.
Slice of life moe stuff got me thinking that's a bad way to live, they had silly but wholesome and happy lives and I wanted that too. It isn't like I had a bad family growing up, mine was great and I'm very fortunate, I just started going down a bad path. So I started lifting weights, playing sports, and learning to fight, which got me back on the right track for the most part.

I had depressive tendencies for a bit after high school which led me to generally act self destructively (steroids, bar fights, turning down any girl who showed interest in me, etc) but I could always turn to some cute silly anime bullshit to make myself feel better during that time.

>> No.8609702
File: 88 KB, 484x448, tumblr_lxmmrd9NFz1r9ispxo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
>11-12 years old
>parents going through a divorce
>live with alcoholic mother who enjoys throwing me out of the house
>did so once when I was naked except for a dressing gown, no socks or shoes, 11pm, November, no phone or money, not yet 13
>convinced I'm obese and hideous
>doesn't help that I'm ginger, have awkward pre-teen boobs and period before I'm ready for them, braces, glasses AND acne
>hate school, hate home, nothing to live for really
>depressed, literally write a list once a day of new reasons to kill myself in the hopes I'd get the courage up to do it
>counselling does fuck all
>watch/read CardCaptor Sakura
>see pic related
>literally changes my life and gives me something to believe in
>thank you CLAMP

>> No.8609703

>>8609702
>CLAMP
Good thing you real CCS and not X lol

>> No.8609704

>>8609703
*read

>> No.8609706
File: 116 KB, 1280x720, 1441658138991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I never got into manga or anime until i was in the Army
>Whole platoon of dudes watching Lucky Star or Trigun while cleaning crew serves and smoking
>mfw/the platoons face when we start binge watching entire seasons when we have nothing to do and someone suggests monster girl themed animes

Yeah. When you burn through everything else all you can do is broaden your horizon, and anime is a hella broad horizon. Monster Mastume (sp) was a tippy top favorite though during work outs or ranges:

>Everyone on the firing line squeezing off rounds
> barking back and forth about how Harpy is superior to snake
>More barking about horse tits being the best choice
>Team leader says we're all women and that spider tits is best
>Range controlers have no idea WHAT the fuck we are talking about
>Line is just barking about monster tits and gun fire
>CO is just rubbing his temples in frustration
>Top ois intrigued and is trying to figure out what we mean when we call eachother a "Baka-ass mother fucker"
>giggling
>gun fire
>bang bang bang snake tits bang bang bang

Now i just mostly read manga and expose other peoples power levels. Could be worse i guess.

>> No.8609715
File: 46 KB, 345x437, art1_edited-4.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

during junior high, I was a typically naruto nerd and also into soul eater when that first came out. I had one friend, and we hung out every day and watched naruto things and also played online games at my house. every day from 3-9 or 10. longer on the weekends. I think our parents gave up on us.
we ended up going to different highschools, but still would talk every now and then. we still had the same sense of weird humor anytime we hung out, it was great.
two years ago she died in her sleep suddenly. she was only 19.

remembering my weeaboo days just reminds me of how i spent every second of every day with her back then, so i try not to.

bonus: some of my nice art from days gone by

>> No.8609719
File: 993 KB, 1440x2150, which kebab do we remove first.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609706
>Top ois intrigued and is trying to figure out what we mean when we call eachother a "Baka-ass mother fucker"
I can't stop laughing

>> No.8609720

>that kai drawing

are you literally me OP

>> No.8609727
File: 209 KB, 338x329, 1441089074717.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609719
Yeah its a pretty funny memory.

>Specialist why did that private call you a "Bawk-ka mother fucker?"
>Because his waifu is shit tiet Top!
>[from a distance away] WHOS WAIFU YOU CALLEN SHIT YOU FUCK?!
>YOURS, YOU MERMAID LOVEN FAGGOT!
>[Top's and CO's Confusion Intensifies]

>> No.8609732

>>8608415
>9th grade
>2013
Hold up

>> No.8609736

>start off 2003/2004 with hamtaro and beyblade roleplaying
>basically roleplaying becomes my entire life as i am a depressed shut-in with social anxiety much like all other teens like me
>create horrifying ocs and make fanfiction about them
>draw my ocs doing naughty stuff with whatever boy buffet is in
>eventually discover gaiaonline
>mytimehascome.png
>over the years join 8345259247569825698456 rps there
>eventually my rping dies down when one of the groups i was in later on turned out to be full of stalkers and insane people

In retrospect, maybe it wasn't so bad, most of my weeaboo and nerd shit was contained entirely to my computer and whatever drawings I mustered up for myself.

>> No.8609765
File: 86 KB, 1280x720, [Coalgirls]_Koimonogatari_06_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[6181070F].mkv_snapshot_09.33_[2015.09.12_19.10.07].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>draw really shitty 'manga' stories using those How To Draw Manga schooltastic books (you know, the shit ones)
>mom finds them one day
>mfw
>praises me for having good art
>screaming inside but know she means good
>burn them shortly after so she can't show anyone my 'artistic talent'

>> No.8609771

>>8609540
He didn't ask for criticism m8

I personally liked it, GJ anon

>> No.8609838
File: 622 KB, 245x210, 1424312201168.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608379
I've got a long and sprawling tale for you gulls, in case any of you bother to read such huge blocks of text.
Ah, how nostalgic. In 5th grade I became friends with a girl named Bethany, and it was all downhill from there. She got me into Tokyo Mew Mew, Mermaid Melody, and Cardcaptor Sakura. It branched off rapidly.

Late 5th grade

>Find Friend-chan
>anime is like, the pokemon, sonic x and yugioh i watch every weekend, right?
>Mom buys me the first 3 Fruits Basket Ultimate Editions for Christmas
>OBSESSED WITH THEM, THEY ARE SO GOOD
>call people "lascivious" because of this one character
>Into Naruto heavily until I saw hearts getting ripped out, didnt like it
>Traced the manga, crappy drawings that started out normal
>Probably wouldve made FB OCs had there been any more animals in the zodiac

6th grade
>Of course, bring manga and Japanese dictionary to school when I could sneak them in my backpack
>Read them during class and lunch time, just waiting for someone to ask me about them so I could force them into it
>Assign TMM characters to all my friends so we could cosplay them
>horribly, of course
>party city wig, heavily edited Zakuro cosplay
>Wear wig to school once, get mad at people calling me Lady Gaga

There's a video of us out there somewhere online dancing bc we did the masquerade one year

>one day there is an assignment to make your own restaurant
>you betchur booty its weeb time
>called "Amai Kyandii Ichigo" or Sweet Candy Strawberry desu
>Basically a manga cafe, but you could also buy merchandise and cosplay there
>On menu: everything Asian I could think of
>Even Vietnamese Pho, but its daijobu because it's still kawaii, right?
>Get 50/50 on it

>Make Vocaloid fanfiction on my first phone, in the notes section
>Buy only Japanese Cherry Blossom scented stuff, and Sakura fake plants from Michaels
>Weeb stickers everywhere, Japanese restaurants>every other place, sleepovers with weeb converter girl every weekend

>> No.8609840

>>8609838
Early 7th Grade
>Aw man, gotta get into all those entry level animus, Kuroshitsuji and Ouran were my jam
>Make friends with weeb group
>Shizaya/ sonic fangirl who thinks Shadow is “smexy”, Furry who gets me into Black Butler (hours of looking up motivational posters w/this one), Drama-mongering girl who likes Key of Awesome and the Lazer collection, Emo child whom I couldn’t figure out
>Deviantart? itstimetobeginisntit.avi
>Upload my crappy art
>Cosplay Vocaloids after moving on from Shugo Chara
> INVADER ZIM BEST SHO EVUR!!!!!!1!!111!!
>Raised Christian so unsure about these gay ships, like them anyway
>Sorry friendos, gotta move

Late 7th grade
>Move after living in same place for 6 years
>Awkward, shy, weird kid
>I know what a weeaboo is lol XD im not 1!!!!
>Bring my drawings around everywhere in a clipboard case because on the huntdown after weebs
>One girl recognizes my horrible Soul Eater fanart
>hard to peel me away from her
>Finally found weeb squad when they were doing Ievan polka
>Every weeb dance out in public
>Look at yaoi in library, so hawt
>Visit Memecenter and Funnymama every day
>Some friends move

That year saw me wearing a red Teto wig to school a whole lot.

>> No.8609841

>>8609840
8th Grade

>Hahahahahaha, please don’t pay any attention to past me, so embarrassing
>Still really into anime
>Make more weeb friends
>ITS TUMBLR TIME
>Never reach absolute screaming insanity, but I do remember getting into a fight w/my mom over the existence of genderfluids
>ACCEPT EVERYONE, WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE DEVIL, GAYS ARE ONLY RIGHT AND NEVER WRONG
>no longer unsure about gay ships, which is perfect for HOMESTUCK TIME
>Sing Homestuck covers of songs forever
>BUCKETS XD, WRIGGLING DAY
>Sister manages to paint herself gray
>interest in Steampunk that turned into Lolita in 10th grade

9th Grade

>Look back and cringe
>Tumblr awkwardness, told a guy into me that I was ace, and I was totally not, you know.
>Look at my life and choices, calm down a bit
>Tumblr/Homestuck start to fade
>Edgy meme humor, but 4chan is the devil
>Wear wigs to school still
>Makeup? I skipped out on learning that when I was convinced that it was for sluts and popular girls lel
>Liked Onision, worshipped Jontron back when he was in Game Grumps

>> No.8609843

>>8609841
10th Grade

Not much, but anime did begin to fade a little. I started to become normal, even though I knew I would never actually reach that. Got into Lolita.

11th Grade
>Gets into JJBA
>GUESS WHO’S BACK
>BACK AGAIN
>Descend into Weeaboo Hell again
>Discover love for online gossip and lolcows
>I AM JUST BEGINNING TO SHINE

Fast forward to now

>Actual job, so merch and Lolita all the time
> Wear wigs and kawaii outfits to school
>Into Jojo-tier Fashion
>Anime, Karaoke, dancing, cosplay, singing, manga, drawing, other J-fash, vidya, browse here, keep active on anime, Husbando is Johnny Joestar,plan to make bentos once i learn, itabags probably
> my friends are coming off that tumblr edge, but it’s tolerable

By now I’ve accepted that I’m here forever, and I enjoy it. I love that I’ve come so far, and will probably be like this for a very, very long time. I don’t care about what anyone else thinks of me, and I’m gonna go my own way.

It's truly been a roundabout journey.

>> No.8609848
File: 1.95 MB, 480x320, 1439698991788.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608379
biggest regret in life
>yaoi phase through highschool (i'm a guy btw no hit on me)
>late night watching yaoi on computer, suddenly get great idea
>take hairbrush and poorly encoded yaoi to bathroom
>things are goin pretty well, really seeing where they're coming from with the whole putting things up butts
>greatest finish ever, take brush out
>red jelly all over brush
>oh god this cannot be what I think it is
>ok yep it is
>bleeding for about a week after
>literally cannot shit like before, that was around 5 years ago
Man yaoi is some bad drugs

>> No.8609852

>>8609765
this is my life
>draw shitty anime shit
>parents "omg ur so good pls let me see, let me frame"
>"no"
>parents bitch all the time about not seeing any of my sub-par art

>> No.8609858

>major yaoi phase
>read fanfiction
>roleplay on gaia only as dudes ever
>only as uwu shy kawaii boy characters
>visit /y/ all the time
>only think cute feminine boys are cute
>seme uke bullshit
>pretended to be a boy on gaia as well for gayboy points

i hate myself

>> No.8609860

>>8609732
Started in 2012.

>> No.8609870
File: 282 KB, 850x381, tumblr_nhoph1cDzz1r5trzro1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do you rememeber

>> No.8609871

>>8609870
>not lazercheese.jpg

>> No.8609873

I used to only be able to fall asleep if I was self-inserting myself in whatever series I was the biggest fan of at that moment and just thinking of that while trying to get to sleep. Most of it was romantic self-inserting and in this fantasy I always had to be mary-sue/special as fuck. I could painstakingly go around thinking about details to make my own fantasy work within the canon and it's almost amazing how I never became someone that writes fanfiction.

You know what the worst part is? I still use it to fall asleep almost every night. I've gotten so used to it that I can't imagine NOT falling asleep to it.

>> No.8609876
File: 68 KB, 800x600, gothic-anime-girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who else used images like this for roleplaying?

>> No.8609883

>>8609848
Wtf? How the fuck did you manage that? did you stick the whole hairbrush up there or something?

>> No.8609885

>>8609883
No clue man, it was only like 4 or 5 inches too

>> No.8609887

>>8609873
oh jesus I hadn't even thought about this but I've been doing that for years!! although recently its been more imagining myself as one of the characters in a pairing that I like, rather than myself in that canon

>> No.8609891

>>8609887
Cool idea as well! But yeah it's one of those things I don't think about it either but I just realized how long I've been doing that. I've been daydreaming and self-inserting before I even knew what anime was and just me imagining being a Sailor Scout.

>> No.8609895

>>8609873
holy shit me too, anon. I find it's the best way to keep my mind from stressing about stupid little things before I fall asleep.

>> No.8609898

5th Grade
>get into anime on netflix
>first anime is utarwererumono, couldn't pronounce it-still can't to this day
>watch a bunch of entry level anime
>start learning about ~the japanese culture~

6th Grade
>already an outcast in middle school
>decide to be even more of an outcast, for some reason
>come to school in shit like cosplay, halloween outfits not on halloween, tape stuffed animals to clothes, wear wires and other electronic shit over my body, and a hazmat suit once a week
>make mary sue OCs with a quieter weeaboo who shared my class from katekyo hitman reborn
>at one point my english teacher asked me how my reading level was so high privately
>told her i read fanfiction, explained what it was to her
>suspiciously overexplain that i don't read ~M rated~ fan fiction

7th grade
>don't dress up in stupid shit anymore
>try to become more normie
>dress in more socially acceptable clothes
>still heavily enjoy anime and super into vocaloid at this point
>obnoxious and overly loud
>still no understanding of social acceptable behavior
>on public transit would loudly sing stupid anime songs with best friend
>for one computer project i grab two of my other weaboo friends to recreate a dumb yandere vocaloid music video
>submit it, get a 95% on it
>start reading homestuck
>go to first homestuck meetup during summer break

8th grade
>online schooled for the year
>no social interactions outside of monthy homestuck meetups
>start cosplaying homestuck
>still loud and obnoxious
>do bad voice acting
>roleplay
>would pretend I was actually a character and mimic their typing style
>discover tumblr
>become super feminist, don't understand most of it
>tell parents to stop saying bitch
>tell parents to let me dress how i like because slut shaming is wrong

>> No.8609899

>>8609895
Now you mentioned it, I think for a good part of it, that's the reason I do it too. If I don't set my mind to daydream mode I'll just stress out over everything and won't be able to fall asleep easily.

>> No.8609922

>>8609895
>>8609891
Yeah for me it's definitely an escapism sort of thing, its the best way to block out reality shit that would stop me from sleeping (but then sometimes my brain comes up with stupid sad angsty stories for me anyway whyyyyy)

>> No.8609931

>>8609848
I can no longer feel part of my butthole thanks to adventures like these. Yaoi is srs bsns.

>> No.8609934

>>8609931
What got you fucked up?

>> No.8609942

>>8609873
this is still me, i never knew it was so common!

>> No.8609945

>>8609876
this used to be my profile pic on facebook

i still want to know where it came from, does anyone have the source?

>> No.8610024

>>8609873
I still do this
though it's an oc as opposed to a self-insert at this point
and it's only one specific series which has my husbando, and just the general "world" that I like

>> No.8610025

>>8609873
>>8609887
I do this every damn night and many times it allows me to fall asleep peacefully and help stop my paranoid self from dwelling in subjects that make me anxious (and by consequence, unable to sleep).
I'm more like the second anon tho, I imagine myself as one of the characters in a pairing I like rather than myself in canon.
It eventually developed to my own characters as well and it helps a lot writting out plots and character interactions later, if I daydream about them.

>> No.8610043

>>8609898
>finding first anime on Netflix
You are too damn young. I am too damn old.

>> No.8610107

>>8610043
to be fair netflix started in 97

>> No.8610141

>>8609945
Looks like AllBackgrounds.com to me anon

>> No.8610146

>tfw I got curious bc of the op and checked the beyblade tag on tumblr and people somehow still have gender headcanons for the characters...

Anyway I'm surprised that no one has many roleplay stories. I used to make so many Mary Sues and rp "teh hot yaois XD"

I also was apart of an ace attorney group on gaiaonline and good lord was there drama galore, with people making rival groups and leaving left and right. I played Maggey Bryde and I vaguely remember a Gumshoe being legitimately surprised I wasn't mad they played Gumshoe as gay lol

>> No.8610193
File: 194 KB, 1431x485, D3enFTu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
I've looked up to Big Boss since I first played MGS3.

My life's been a fucking wild ride and I question the wisdom of my decision frequently. Maybe someday I'll get around to cosplaying him.

>> No.8610430

>>8609550
holy shit full moon was my first ever manga! first series i ever collected, first one i ever read to completion. it was my favorite manga series for a long time and i think it still is even today?

i was a hardcore izumifag though

>> No.8610458

>>8608379
In 2008, I was really in love with Sasuke, I decorated all my room and my notebooks had at least one pic of him. I bought a mannequin with his height and yes, It wore Sasuke's Orochimaru stage clothes. Now I feel pretty bad for my weabooness in high school and yes,all sasuke relate stuff dissapeared.

>> No.8610459

>>8610458
And I forgot...I ate like 3 months just ramen because Naruto, wore sandals and practice gymnastic hoping get some ninja skills.

>> No.8610518

>>8608385
Well, yeah, otherwise I wouldn't still be here at almost 30. I didn't have friends in middle school and watching anime and playing vidya made me feel like I wasn't so alone when I could indulge myself in the fantasy world and learn life lessons from the characters, which can be surprisingly realistic and touching. Someone would call it sick to live in a fictional realm like that, but seriously, being severely bullied and having no real friends other than people who wanted to use me, if I spent my evenings and weekends just twiddling my thumbs and staring at the wall alone I probably would've turned out to be a serial killer.

This was back when animoo/mango wasn't very popular yet (at least in my country), internet wasn't a big thing and I couldn't find people near my city who liked it, so I spent a lot of time online with other weebs who later became my closest friends. Cosplaying made me feel better about my looks because I'd been called ugly and disgusting all my life by the bullies, but finding people who didn't hate me and were excited about my cosplays made me feel good about myself for the first time ever.

I was never one of those screaming from the top of my lungs and hitting each other with yaoi paddles-weebs but I definitely was a weeb and I don't regret it. I don't know how I would've ended up without the community that saved my sanity and anime series that taught me to accept myself and my flaws. Even now I'm still reminded by all the life lessons I heard in anime series growing up when I'm feeling unsure about myself, so yeah, I think anime/vidya was a positive influence on my life.

>> No.8610545

>>8609626
fucking christ anon

>> No.8610555

>>8608413
Is that the lovely Giovanni I see

Alternatively, in this day and age, filter are everything, so it doesn't even look like an OC.

>> No.8610591

>>8609898
>>8609843

4chan is an 18+ website

>> No.8610602

>>8610591
Not OP but it's perfectly feasible to be 18 in 11th grade and they did say 'fastforward to now' -- they could have dropped out or something.

>> No.8610722

>>8610591
I feel old every time I realize the kids aren't into Death Note anymore.

>> No.8610758

>>8610602
i just turned 18 two months ago and homestuck was a thing when i was a freshmen. that person is 16 at most.

>> No.8610796

>>8610555
Yeah, thats Giovanni. This was probably 10 years ago. The RP community on MySpace at the time was massive.

>> No.8610797

>>8609715
That's really depressing. At least you two enjoyed yourselves.
>>8609765
What is privacy and why do you not want family to spam mediocre art all over facebook. But seriously, I hate it when parents talk about shit like this to others, it's like they can't keep your interests to themselves and are forced to share them with the world. My mother still wants me to scan ancient shitty animu sketches so she can show my grandma and brag about how she raised an artist.

>> No.8610822
File: 377 KB, 956x720, 1368745714237.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609873
I do this all the time still. And it's not even self inserting most of the time anymore, it's more like...fanficy situations that I insert whatever characters into. It's gotten to the point where I have very elaborate alternate plot lines mapped out from my daydreaming that I could essentially make different fanfictions out of, if I wasn't too spaghetti to actually write one. I think in the beginning of this summer I mapped out this Naruto one because I was so frustrated with how shit it got and was like "oh god I just wrote the outline to this kind of fucked up naruto fanfic."
I think the first time I ever did this was when I saw Spirited Away when I was like 11, and I came home from the theater and sat down in my room and zoned out self inserting for two hours. I've leveled up to the point where I can do it while going about my normal day now.

>> No.8610841

>>8609873
i never put myself in those worlds, but i do imagine thing my OTPs doing things in-canon

like, i used to like sebaciel a ton, so i imagined elizabeth making ciel wear cat ears or something and sebastian thinking it was cute. just fluffy things.

>> No.8610868 [DELETED] 

Alright so this isn't about me, but about one of my coworkers that has turned out to be a godawful mess of a human being, and a weeaboo to boot. I'll refer to the person in question as A-chan. I am sorry to all Perfume fans for using this name.

>I work for a small company as a side job
>there are 5 of us total, including our boss
>Most of us work another job because this one isn't frequent enough to make a living
>This is A-chan's only job
>A-chan is tasked with office work, namely maintaining the limited website, responding to emails, and keeping the four of us up to date
>she redesigns the site, it resembles a mid-2000's myspace with the color scheme and dated coding
>she fails to respond to customer emails and messages
>she takes a while to respond to the four of us, even though our boss gave her a phone so she could respond in a timely manner
>I make the mistake of telling her I do enjoy anime, and it's as if pandora's box has opened
>shows me pictures of her bad cosplays
>tells me how she's studying music on her free time and intends to make video game music
>boasts about her interest in anime music, and how people don't realize how it affects the mood, etc., etc., and then proceeds to tell me her favorite anime music producer is Yoko Kanno
>oh so the one music producer everyone knows
>completely oblivious to the anime industry, doesn't know studios, directors, or you know, some of the other notable musicians that contribute to Japanese animation
>she's 28

>> No.8610875
File: 185 KB, 1280x720, hahah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609848
best story so far

>> No.8610881

>>8608457
>The eventual slide into lolita is the only reason I learnt to properly do my laundry and iron.
Same, I am a laundry pro now, I handwash pretty much everything except pajamas and my lazy couch potato clothes. It's a lot of work but my stuff is in great shape.

>> No.8610888

>>8609706
How common is it that military people watch anime?

>> No.8610891

>>8608379
I was sort of a weaboo, i wore anime shits sometimes and only if the deign was good looking, i was president of anime club but i most of my friends were outside of anime club.

I was overall well liked and had no negative experiences ( other than dealing people like you during anime club)

>> No.8610893

>>8610868
I've deleted this original post to give a more chronological overview of A-chan's miserable existence. Again I apologize to Perfume fans for using this name.

>I work for a small company as an infrequent side-job
>there are 5 of us total, most of us work another job to make end's meet
>this is A-chan's only job
>A-chan gets pregnant a few months after she's hired
>she's two months pregnant by the time I finally meet her, and she makes a very bad impression
>she explains she was basically homeless before she got this job
>talks about our boss like he's a saint who's saved her and her husband from persecution
>starts to tell me about her Christian beliefs
>the next day I mistakenly tell her I like anime, and learn she's a cringey weeaboo
>that entire day she tells me about her shit taste in anime and limited knowledge of the industry
>continues to text me or message me through fb about anime and vidya
>closet cosplays galore
>but she can't seem to finish a contract or keep in touch with customers, or any of our coworkers
>can't seem to keep in touch with the boss
>boss vents to me about it, and for a while I play phone tag between the two of them
>boss finally confronts her, but then gets her a phone so she will respond to everyone
>I don't know what the fuck she told him
>she has the baby
>she starts to spiral out of control
>she always looks like a mess and consistently wears her cosplay wigs
>not losing hair, she just wants to feel pretty

>> No.8610895

>>8609706
This makes me so happy and gives me hope I'll find my weeb Jayne Cobb one day.

>> No.8610911

>>8610893
Actually she may have been further along in the pregnancy when I first met her...

>Surprise! A-chan can't handle the physical work given to her and raising a child at the same time
>she's moved into an "office" position, but has just as much trouble keeping in contact with everyone
>starts to get bitchy with me, I can only describe it as pissed-off mama bear
>co-workers notice she's being particularly rude/standoffish with me
>eventually we have multiple hour-long phone conversations where admits she feels threatened by me, and takes offense to anything I say
>admits she has the same problems with her mother
>her husband pipes up in the background and says he has the same issue
>so you have personal problems and you can't separate work from home life
>tells me how she feels having this child was a death sentence
>she has no time to make video game music music, which is her dream job fyi
>she's actually super busy doing all this office work that's not being done
>a month later she reveals the redesigned website, it resembles a mid-2000's myspace
>dated coding, garish colors
>In a puzzling move, she also commissioned a local artist to create a mascot that's now plastered all over the site
>Mascot is a badly drawn anime girl with green hair, pink cat paws and tail, and bad anatomy
>I suspect she used company money for the commission
>hold on why the fuck did we need a mascot in the first place???

>> No.8610941
File: 305 KB, 450x450, 1441218338095.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8610895
>>8610888
Like i said, my whole platoon watched this shit just to pass time. Hell i used to have a little speaker and would play GuP while in my turret and we would bitch about tanks. Going into a garrison DFAC you can see shirts showing dbz to chobits, and even, dare i mention, the brooonniieeesss. I told a tale once when i had to go with top and CO's for a health and welfare because a soldier never let anyone in their room. When we got in, it was head to tit with figs in luminated shelves and cases. Even the lewd ones were present. Top knew i knew what was up because i walked in and about faced to get out of the crossfire, but Top snagged my collar and yanked me back in.

>The cringe

Have you ever had to explain to a senior NCO what a body pillow was? Or why it was nude? Or WHY HIS MOUSE PAD HAD BREASTS?!
>FUCK YOU PFC MOYENT YOU DID THIS TO ME

>> No.8610949

>>8610911
The more I think about this situation the worse it gets.

>my boss doesn't have time to deal with the website
>none of us do, because now we've started handling the emails/messages/contracts on our own because it takes her days to get back to anyone
>did I mention we all work second jobs?
>but anytime she messages someone she expects an IMMEDIATE RESPONSE
>she posts a link to her gofundme on fb
>she's raising money to buy music equipment to follow her dreams~*~*~*
>but hold on you have a child?
>I meet her sister-in-law
>sister tells me she had no idea any of this was going on, and that A-chan doesn't tell the family much
>both families, paternal and maternal, are willing and able to watch the child
>so she could easily do the physical work we've all been doing if she was willing to give her kid up for a few days
>sister then tells me A-chan's whole "I can't be away from child because I'm breast-feeding" is bullshit because she's not producing enough milk
>despite being born prematurely, the child is still underweight for premies??
>she refuses to feed child formula
>both families feed child formula because the child is not fucking growing
>Boss wants to fire her but feels bad, because her husband doesn't make a whole lot of money, and this is A-chan's only real source of income

A-chan is 28 by the way, and speaks like she's still a weeb in high school.

>> No.8610954

>>8610941
You didn't really answer my question anon, I was wondering if it was just your platoon that was into that shit because I am thinking any other platoon would probably just beat you up if you say you like watching lucky star. Are you in a military base in the USA or Afghanistan?

>> No.8610993
File: 56 KB, 600x450, 1441620255128.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8610954
USA, also i did answer your question via the DFAC statement. It was not uncommon, as i said, to see soldiers wearing t-shirts or carrying around key chains of their token character or something. Hell ive seen army rangers with vocaloid wallets and W2s with keychain tabs with their favorite strike witch. Its not really an OBSESSION like civilians kinda fall into, but we treat it as a common interest and kind of a hobby/coping device. There are also soldiers who collect shoes, sand, dirt, and beer bottles from certain countries. I got my friend into Strike Witches because we have a thing called Staff Duty, where you are awake for 25hrs or its UCMJ. I pulled out my phone, hes bored, so he watches with me, and soon a lively discussion forms and other people are drawn into it because soldiers like arguing, and the weider the subject, the more we like it. A lot of army movies touch on it, "Right hand vs Left hand Masturbation", but is a real espirit de corps kind of thing. Dont view it as a bunch of soldiers trying to speak japanese while acting weebish, but a group of soldiers watching an anime while doing weapon maintenance because, hey, theres something to watch and argue about.

>I miss arguing over beers.

>> No.8611013
File: 55 KB, 1280x720, 1436541640590.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8610993
It sounds like you actually had a good time. It must be cool having friends where you can discuss anime grills as if you are discussing sports. I haven't come across anyone who likes anime as if it were any other hobby. All the 'anime fans' look and act downright stupid which puts me off making friends with that type of crowd. I think if I joined the army I would be too nervous to bring up the topic of anime as if no one watched that stuff it could seriously harm my reputation.

>> No.8611040

>>8611013
>>8611013
>I would be too nervous to bring up the topic of anime as if no one watched that stuff it could seriously harm my reputation.

Cant speak for Europoor armies, but for the U.S Army no one gave a damn. The only peoplr who might give you hell is upper echelon but who gives a damn, they do that anyway. The hard part about soldiers is that it IS just a hobby, so you'll never know if they like it or not unless you catch a whiff at somr point. You think people had any idea i was into it? People thought i hunted hogs with my bear hands and snorted deer testicles, imagine their faces when i pull out their "Crimes of Passion" season 2 dvd and toss in some strike witches because i needed to catch up on the stuff i downloaded burned.

>What the hell is this?
>Shut your dick holster, im behind on episodes

And thats it. Just dont like, watch hardcore hentai or some shit

>> No.8611052

>>8611040
You sound like a cool guy anon. One unrelated question: Can you use torrents or are they blocked?

>> No.8611066

>>8611052
Soldiers lament if they have to buy dvds. Thats a good enough answer if any

>> No.8611073

>>8610146
>Anyway I'm surprised that no one has many roleplay stories.
I think most did but probably it just doesn't make for pleasurable reading. In these threads, a story needs a punchline, just listing your activities tends to be autistic and boring and you just end up writing like >>8609898

I spent all my time in a "vampire bar" on gaia and there's no way i can talk about it in an interesting way

>> No.8611144

>>8610141
I meant who was the original artist and where it was originally used

I asked on an anime forum and it was drawn by the same chick who helped make shuffle, monochrome, and some other notable visual novels. The picture was used in a 2004-2006 or so anime art compilation from a bunch of different authors called Girls Girls Girls 3 (or 2, i don't remember and don't feel like looking it up)

Thanks for the snarky commnet though, really helpful.

>> No.8611154

>>8610591 >>8609898

I was gonna type a pt 2 that included all of high school, but i didn't feel like it

Besides, you could still only include middle/elementary school if those were the only years you were weeb -- it doesn't mean you're underage and b&

>> No.8611191
File: 117 KB, 364x390, 1432445550428.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this is the single most embarrassing weeb thing i ever did and i have yet to tell a soul. i bear it all to you, /cgl/

>5th grade
>have above average reading levels
>brought to the back of the class with several other kids who have above average reading levels
>we form a special reading group and while all the other english kids are doing whatever assignment they're given, we read excerpts from books and write essays about them
>this is a couple years after 9/11 (it's about 2005/2006)
>somehow get on the topic of 9/11 in this group
>interject with something to say
>"here's something interesting about osama bin laden: 'ou' is japanese for king, and -sama is a japanese prefix meaning 'ruler' or 'lord.' pretty terrifying, huh?"
>group is silent
>teacher stutters out "well it's very interesting that his name means that..."
>continue on with group work

when i think about it nowadays i want to die

>> No.8611342

>>8609021
GALS really got me into fashion too... Also Ran made me want to be more out going because she could make friends with everyone.

>> No.8611355
File: 22 KB, 465x315, dean cringe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>used to read CCS manga in HS science class after I'd done my work
>i'm a guy
>some kid that hated me grabbed it and shouted it to everyone
>bullied for the rest of the year

>> No.8611381
File: 92 KB, 768x768, 1408536045060.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>was always socially awkward and cripplingly shy
>got picked on a lot in elementary school and early middle school
>discover anime in 8th grade and become huge weeb
>former bullies are weirded out and leave me alone, guess they figured I was already at rock bottom and didn't care what they thought of me anymore
>enjoy the rest of middle and high school with my weeb friends in our own little world

Guess it worked out okay.

>> No.8611414

>when I was in 1st grade my friends and I were the popular kids and we all loved anime
>My friend John and my friend Ed would always talk about Sonic X, Power Rangers and Digimon
>At recess or before school we played Naruto and pretended to fight each other
>We had to pick a character and John Knowingly picked Sasuke right off the bat knowing he was all our favorite character
>So I said to him, "What if I was also Sasuke?"
>He said, "Nah, there can only be one Sasuke!"
>I cringingly tried to bargain, "What if I was Sasuke's long lost brother?"
>"No Anon that wouldn't work that's not in the show..."
>"Okay but what if I was a Character Recolor? Like in the Video Games?! (Back when the GameCube Fighting game was still popular)

>> No.8611453

>>8609873
i know that feel man
i've been making scenarios and stories for characters i write or draw or whatever since like the 5th grade
>it's better than falling asleep to existential crises

>> No.8611459
File: 5 KB, 96x144, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8611414

Okay here's another story but not necessarily weaboo cringiness

>So when my older brother was in HS he hung out with the preppy-Richfag crowd
>So When Twilight had come out my family had all gone to see it
>After the movie we stop into Hot Topic (when it was still goth) and my brother asks my mom to buy him a Twilight shirt that has Pic related on it
>Mom asks bro, "Won't you get bullied at school?"
>"Yeah but, all the chicks will come over and love my shirt"
>I was in awe of how ingenious my brothers plan was and how I didn't think of it
>After school he told me the girls noticed his shirt and loved it
>Years later when he told me the full story he said girls liked his shirt but thought he was gay and wanted to be nice to him
> guys called him faggot throughout the day

>> No.8611483

>>8611355
Fuck these kids, CCS is good.

>> No.8611990

>>8611459
>Hot Topic (when it was still goth)

It's cool to see trends change as you get older. I went there back in middle and early high school to get my Iron Maiden and other dad rock shirts having to navigate though a sea of emo/scene shit. A buddy and I visited for the first time in 8 years and we couldn't believe how much anime there was. I knew it had gotten a lot more mainstream since I've been in high school but holy shit.

Also, is Sailor Moon having some sort of revival? Like half the stuff we saw there was either Attack on Titan, Pokemon, or Sailor Moon.

>> No.8612001

>>8611990
>sailor moon

Have you been living under a rock?
>30th anniversary
>manga re-printed
>new anime series
>old anime re-released in the US after a decade in license hell
>shitton of merch on both sides of the pacific

>> No.8612011

>>8612001
>Have you been living under a rock?

Pretty much. Been focusing on things besides animu these last few years, though I'm slowly getting back into it.

Good to hear a new generation gets to grow up with it now.

>> No.8612029
File: 465 KB, 500x230, cuddle.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
When I was a little kid I was basically a friendless loser. I was also bullied and ostracized so much in middle school that I had thought about committing suicide a lot. The one thing that kept me going was the online Yugioh fandom and the friends that I made through it. Plus I related a lot to Ryou and when I was feeling particularly sad or lonely I'd like to pretend we were really friends and I'd just lay in bed and escape into a fantasy dream land.

>> No.8612610

>>8609843
I don't know why I ended that textmonster inspirationally or whatever, but I do know that it was a late night.

>> No.8612666

>>8609873
I've been doing that for years too. However, I don't imagine oc's or self-inserts but simply my favourite characters interacting with each other. Basically, I think up fanfictions every night...

>> No.8612979

>>8609873
>>8609887
>>8610025
Hhaha I feel so relieved that I'm not the only one to do this. thank you guys

>> No.8613003

>>8612666
Same...then I wake up in the morning and realize how retarded the stuff I was thinking was.
But I do it again the next night. It's an endless cycle.

>> No.8613009

>>8609873
My shitty self esteem never really allows me to fully buy into a self-insert. Not sure why my favorite anime characters would care about some random chubby white girl with frizzy brown hair and thick emo glasses.

>> No.8613016

>>8609873
I still do that.

>> No.8613025

>>8613009
You should read Princess Jellyfish

>> No.8613041

>>8613003
yep, but I regret nothin...

>> No.8613068

>>8608385
Yoh form Shaman King.
Calm, compassionate, and flexible. I wanted to be like that so I worked and continue to work on dong so. People say I'm wise but I think it's just me taking time to understand the shit going on around me letting me make better decisions.

I get laughed at any time the reasoning as to why I do it/how I came to be this way comes up irl bar very few scenarios.

>> No.8613133

>>8609873
I kinda do this but more imagining I'm some random on clean up duty so to speak and I get my enjoyment out of chilling on the side watching the main cast interact or whatever.

Man it would be nice to have a group of friends like how the e4 from klk was without them being so inept at basic functions.

>> No.8613298

>>8609873
I'm glad this is so common as I always do it

I also like trying to figure out how I'd have done series I don't like

>> No.8613305

>>8613068
I actually did my best to be more laid back about shit because of Yoh. He never seemed to stress about things and was always just chilling out and taking in everything around him, and I had a very hectic and lonely life so I tried to emulate him. Feels pretty good when you just lay back and hang out outside not sweating about stupid shit.

>> No.8613322

>>8611355
I watched this and winx when I was young

loved them both, I' a guy as well

>> No.8613340

>>8613068
That's great, I fucking love Shaman King

>> No.8613398

>>8609838
You know the story's good if it includes that image.

>> No.8613624

>>8611459
>Hot Topic (when it was still goth
>Twilight
...either some areas kept the goth stuff around waaaay longer or I seriously misremember how long ago Twilight came out.

>> No.8613646

>had bullying issue growing up
>because of school system we had a 'core' we stayed with until high school, so couldn't get away from bullies until 9th grade
>developed intense love for anime and fantasy novels because escapism
>first week of high school, am awkward as fuck and get sat next to other awkward girl because no friends
>we always end up paired together and eventually start talking
>find out she's into anime too
>so goddamn excited cus friend?!
>we like same shows (mostly cutesy fluff like Lucky Star but some slightly dark xxxHolic type stuff, just general "pretty" things)
>one day we both bring sketchbooks in to show each other
>mine is 99% characters wearing itatastic old school lolita
>hers is 100% grimdark furries
>oh
>am afraid to lose friend so don't say anything about it
>we end up spending time outside of school together
>weeby shits doing weeby shit
>trying to act like characters and saying baka and shit
>she keeps insisting on calling me moe and loli
>had no idea loli meant anything other than lolita at this point btw
>she keeps doing /so edgy\ stuff like playing with her pocket knife and quoting JTHM
>by the next year I start finding other anime kids to hang out with and slowly start edging away from her
>still hang out sometimes because i realize i'm her only friend
>by 11th grade she's been hinting that she likes other girls (and trying to get handsy on me because "i'm so moe")
>get uncomfortable with this for personal reasons and stop hanging out with her
>she intermittently sends me messages on AIM (this was hella long ago, neither of us even had cell phones)
>be polite but never really commit to any plans
>eventually she stops talking to me

>few years after graduation
>weeb teen shit comes up in conversation
>go to show current friends my old ass DA page
>78 messages
>SEVENTY EIGHT
it gets kinda sad at this point fyi

>> No.8613662

>>8613646
>they start off as just asking why i don't go on aim anymore
>after a while they become like diary entries
>wish we were still friends, wish i knew how you were doing, today i saw something that reminded me of random high school thing, etc
>talks about where she went after school ended
>about halfway through it changes to talking about body issues
>dysmorphia
>about how she never really felt like a girl
>details about going to counselors and then doctors
>starts transition process
>towards end sends me a link to new facebook account because family can't know apparently
>last dozen emails are about how maybe now that he's a boy, we can date
>have yet to click that link
I want to be supportive cus fuck thats a lot to go through but at the same time I really really really feel uncomfortable with the insistence that we should be dating, especially given its been a decade since we've even talked.

>> No.8613779

>>8611191
Wow, anon.
I was the same way, but I think I had more decorum than to say something like that.

>> No.8613805

>>8613646
>>8613662
wow that must have been a shock, I've came across old weeb friends from high school that turned out to be gay (explains a lot about her relationships with friends) but never anything that extreme. I'd definitely stay away though if he's insisting on "dating" that's a bit too much.

(I was worried that your story was going to end with your old friend dead, I'm happy that didn't happen)

>> No.8613950

>>8613805
Tbh as I was reading the messages I started to fear thats where it was going to go too, but the most recent is fairly new so I hope things are well. I just sot of want to avoid any kind of messy situation right now.

>> No.8613997

>>8608385
This is pretty autistic, but whenever I'm feeling super depressed I draw the Triforce on the back of my hand, so that when I wake up the next day I see it and pretend it's the Triforce of Courage.

I do it in highlighter or something though so it shows up super faint and just rubs off during the day, but yeah. It's pretty embarassing, but Zelda was my favorite game as a kid and I used to pretend I was Link and re enact Ocarina of Time in my backyard.

>> No.8614009
File: 2.68 MB, 3648x2736, yearbook weeb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

From freshmen to junior year in high school, I was in the cartooning club. This included anime and western cartoons/comics. So, pretty much a combination of /a/ and /co/. During my senior year the club disbanded and my friends wanted to start an art club. No one wanted to be president though. I was very shy and introverted, so the idea terrified me. I stepped up to the plate and became club president.

We decided to pick Japan for our culture fair booth, because we had always done Japan for cartooning club. We had DDR set up, sold snacks, and had people sell drawings. We also had a backdrop of mountains that we painted set up behind the booth. The school required people working the booths to wear costumes. This wasn't a requirement before this year. Some of the costumes we made were made out of satin robes or Chinese jackets. I knew the difference, but we were on a budget. And I assisted a girl with making 2 kimonos and 3 obis. One was for my robe.

This photo is in my yearbook. The one the right in the black floral robe is me. My hair looks weird, because it's "half up" in a bun with chopsticks. If you're wondering if the one on the left is a guy, yes he is. He borrowed a kimono we made for one of the girls. Well, at least I had fun.

TLDR: There is a picture of me being a weeaboo is in my yearbook.

>> No.8614060
File: 439 KB, 1422x1015, IMG_3063.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609362
That's very sweet anon. I'm sure you had a lot of adventures with your long-lost older moon princess sister.

As for me, I played a lot of Harry Potter mixed with Oni characters with my neighbor in her backyard. I even drew our OC characters in an art book. We both loved the art books of Sailor Moon but her mom wouldn't let her watch the English dub for some reason (no sarcasm, I actually never found out why). I would leave her house when it started so I could watch it at home but of course never payed attention to the storyline. I finally watched all 200 episodes this summer and feel quite accomplished.

>> No.8614064

>played ffx
>had a blue rubber ball
>went into backyard
>"I'M CLOUD"
>kicked ball over fence
>no more blitzball

>> No.8614095

>>8614064
Thanks anon, you just helped me remember which final fantasy I always used to play at my cousin's house.

>> No.8614106

>>8614064
Thanks anon, you made me erupt into laughter.

>> No.8614136

>>8614106
I'm so happy my drunken suppressed memory of me as a child made you laugh, I just realized his name was Tidas or something, wasnt it

>> No.8614191
File: 315 KB, 463x599, 463px-Sabrina_anime.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> age ten
> poke'mon all day every day
> just the anime
> too poor for gameboy
> didn't even know it was a game then anyway
> obsessed with Sabrina the psychic gym trainer
> best friend and me invent whole imaginary world
> we're really Sabrina's children
> our names are Sarena and Caspian
> we were sent to earth when Team Rocket took over Saffron City
> we're twins and have psychic powers
> use them to exact 'revenge' against our bullies
> once 'summoned' a storm making that hand motion Mewtwo makes in the first pokemon movie for like fifteen minutes
> steadily become more interested in Dragonball Z
> Sarena and Caspian have the highest power levels ever, obviously
> spend every lunch hour talking about how powerful we are
> still have a diary somewhere detailing my life as Sarena, the daughter of Sabrina the psychic gym trainer who is stronger than Goku

>> No.8614205

>>8614191
This is adorable. I wish I could remember my stupid Pokemon self-insert OCs but all documentation was lost years ago.

>> No.8614219
File: 26 KB, 640x480, Joe sad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
Fuck no, getting into chinese cartoons was terrible for me

>> No.8614230

I wish I had a friend who liked anime growing up. I'm so old that at least in my country anime didn't get big until I was graduating high school so I spent my pre-teen years being alone with my obsession. Sans online relationships with foreign people.

>Wore jewelry that I believed gave me super magical girl powers
>Drew my stupid self-insert OC all the time that had the same jewelry
>Added random Japanese words/phrases in my speech (like "Honto ni???")
>Every arts class assignment was related to some anime character
>Every paper I handed in in my writing class was a shitty anime fanfiction
>Bought my friend manga in hopes of getting her interested in it and forgot that normal 12-year old girls don't enjoy its perverse humor
>Drew anime characters on my arms with sharpies

I'm not really even ashamed of it, I just get a chuckle out of how oblivious I was to myself. Now I'm so self-aware that I hide my weebiness even from my parents.

>> No.8614253
File: 40 KB, 680x485, 420208-neon-genesis-evangelion-gendo-pose.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609848
no words.

>> No.8614265

>>8609848
>>8609848
>red jelly
>red jelly
>RED JELLY
Aaaaauuugh
This image keeps popping up in my head days later
Anon why

>> No.8614301

>>8614253
Seeing this reaction image I somehow imagined Shinji telling this.

>> No.8614317
File: 1.03 MB, 872x812, blastfromthepast.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I did so many cringy things, this one almost makes me cry of embarrassment

> Anime phase began with Pokemon and Sailor Moon
> until a friend introduces me to Naruto
> instantly become Narutard, talk about fav characters and OTPs with my weeb friends
> read ShikamaruTemari hentai dojinish and fanfiction, spend every day on the computer looking up Naruto hentai/flash games/animation
> Yaoi phase starts, KakuzuHidan is everything I want in life, everything I need, I breathe it, I think of it 24/7, I save every image I can find, read every fanfiction, every dojinshi those Rauhreif ones)
> get my own printer
> INSTANTLY print shit like pic related and put it on my school bag
> proudly present everyone in class my hot yaoi bag without shame
> even the teachers see it
> on my ipod only songs I heard in KakuzuHidan AMVs
> write shitty self insert threesome fanfictions
> draw shitty self insert threesome fanart
> school trip
> gotta take my shitty quality KakuzuHidan prints with me and hang them up on the wall beside my bed
> even put them on the ceiling and convince a friend (who was the nicest person ever and let me talk to them about my yaois all the time) to put some on her wall so that wherever I'm looking I can see my OTP
> kiss the images good night
> also brought my 18+ yaoi mangas with me
> teachers come in to check if we're keeping our room tidy
> they notice the pictures
> I want to kill past-me as I'm typing this
> teacher A: "Why does the guy wear a mask?"
> teacher B: "Maybe he's sick and doesn't want to make the girl sick as well"
> I explain that they're both guys
> i say how we're the most gay friendly room ever
> "... alright"

To this day I am amazed how my friends managed to not leave me, today they can laugh about the class trip experience.
Also I stopped watching Naruto after Kakuzu and Hidan died, I cried at least a week because of that, I was SO upset. I had an Anime break after that, but nowadays I returned to it - in a sane way, thank god

>> No.8614324
File: 11 KB, 242x530, goodnightstories.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8614317
Also,

> back home, about to print the dojinshis pic related so I have something to read in class
>THANK GOD my printer was broken and I didn't get a new one

>> No.8614333

>>8614317
> kiss the images good night

I lost my sides to the orbit

>> No.8614345

>>8614265
That's the only way of describing it

>> No.8614350
File: 646 KB, 1900x1752, i remember.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did anyone else do the really fancy roleplaying on Gaiaonline? Like this?

>> No.8614489

>>8610758
you do realize that not everyone is the same age as you, right?

>> No.8614590
File: 50 KB, 169x206, 1440055094857.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8613779
i was young and stupid and i regret it horribly, trust me

another story for the thread:
>7th grade
>girl in friend group brings a magazine to school
>i think it was shonen jump or something like that
>see advertisements in the background
>one of them has a picture of a miku figure
>scream MIKU!! loud enough for the class to hear me
>friend group shushes me
>you cannot silence miku

this was in 2009 when vocaloid was popular but not HUGE. seeing a miku figure in a magazine caught me by surprise and i was an excitable 12 year old

>> No.8614620

>>8614350
Yup! Honesty I'm sort of upset that there's no other place that demands that kind of ridiculous post formatting; all those baby graphic design skills, FOR NOTHING.

>> No.8614651

>>8614350
God yes. I actually lost my first account because I was an idiot who gave my password to an 'Admin' because I wanted to get back to a lost in the forest rp.

>> No.8614840

>>8608561
I've had the same mousepad for about 15 years now. I don't even like basketball.

>> No.8614861

>>8613646
>grimdark furries
>quoting JTHM
my sides

>> No.8614905

I'm a bit older than most people in this thread, but this is how it went on for me. I've only ever watched cartoons and soon enough I discovered that anime came from Japan and that I loved it. I called it "chinese cartoons" so people would not make fun of me at schoo. At the time we had to rent tapes and the best you could do to get your anime fix was to find a correspondence group and send to each other tpaes you acquired by whatever means. Earlier times of fansubbing, watched a lot of things at the time. I did not understand most, but I loved it.

Anyway, since it was always such a great part of my life, I never had a "weeaboo" stage like most of you. I never had to hide my powerlevel because, essentially, I was so weird nobody would talk to me. I had no friends whatsoever, from middle school to later years of university.

Then came high school and hormones start jumping. I wanted to fall in love with boys just like shoujo heroines. But life was not like a shoujo and everything went wrong. When I confessed my love (I would send romantic letters and things like that) I was always rejected and afterwards the whole school would make fun of me. I discovered cosplay then (in my country it was not very popular at the time) but I was too shy and awkward to comission a costume. This was all thanks to the world I created to myself through anime. I wrote a 400 page book about my own fantasy world and would live as its characters constantly. I ripped off a lot of anime on that story...

On any case, I would have not get past this phase if it was not for anime as well. It got me into it, but it also got me out. Since I had no friends, I started to believe that if I did good things, like mahou shoujo girls did, things would get better. So I started living as if I really was a shoujo heroine: nice, innocent, candid, all those qualities. Thanks to it, I got lots of friends later, at an age where those qualities are appreciated.

This got a bit long, sorry

>> No.8615130

>>8609546
Listen the two aspects you need to study are proportional anatomy and line quality. Check ic sticky. Take a fuck ton of notes. If anything you will be very consistent with design afterwards.

>> No.8615387

>>8609540
Don't worry anon, that's still an improvement from before! Just keep drawing from real life, do figure studies and focus on the figure, and how other artists shorthand things. Eventually, you'll get it down.

>> No.8615458

>>8614620
Pretty sure it's based in CSS which still has a place if you wanted to get into web dev. Wordpress site templates make the money.

>> No.8615477

Didn't have a severe weeb phase but there was cosplaying at the mall, the Hottopic phase, drawing YugiOh character, wearing a leaf village headband on my arm etc. I'm now a grown adult and married to a guy who didn't have a weeb phase since he's more /tg/ he had the traditional awkward nerd phase. We're more working adults and thinking about kids in a few years but worry what it would be like dealing with our own children going through that phase. Like what do I do if my daughter starts insisting on wearing fishnets under her clothes, writes frantically in a notebook with two anime dudes the cover that she kisses every night and I start noticing blood on her brush handle?

>> No.8615482

>>8614350
Oh man I was in a ton of Kingdom Hearts rps with ridiculous set ups like this. One of them even involved swapping out the images to represent us going to other worlds in disguises or in changed forms (like the Lion King or Atlantica worlds), so every couple of posts we had to redo it and had a stock of images to use. I had a highly embarrassing folder of Demyx wearing weird cosplay and shitty ita clothes.

>> No.8615502

>>8608419
The girls at my school were all basic bitches with body issues who were shy around boys. I used to worship suzumiya haruhi so I became super self confident and auto-sufficient bc I wanted to be powerful like her, and was the only one who hung out with the boys they didn't dare to talk to.
Now my self esteem is through the roof and life is awesome.

>> No.8615653

>>8614350

Did a couple on MSN Groups

>> No.8615662

>>8615458
I remember it being mostly HTML, which is outdated as hell now for actual formatting purposes, but I might just be misremembering. And I'm actually doing my degree in that right now! As well as some interaction design aspects.

>> No.8615686

>>8614350
outing myself as an oldfag but mine was roleplaying in the yahoo yaoi chatrooms lol

>> No.8615910

Christ, my brother got me into DBZ when I was 3/4 years old, my first husbando was future trunks.

I got bullied alot, but not for being a weeb oddly, I hid my power level pretty well. Got bullied because I was an easy target who had no friends.

Now I have some amazing friends I can weeb out with in private and be normal in public. I love them

>> No.8616010
File: 63 KB, 960x720, that post gave me cancer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finding my old RP forum posts

>> No.8616116

>>8616010
>reading pretty much anything I wrote in middle school/early highschool
Just end my life up fam

>> No.8616177

>>8615477
>Didn't have a severe weeb phase
>Cosplayed at your mall, wore naruto headband daily, etc.

Anon, that's an example of being an extreme weaboo, don't try to convince yourself otherwise. That shit was just embarassing.

>> No.8616178

>>8615910
Future trunks was my first husbando too!

>> No.8616183

>>8614350
I used to do this and y'know despite it being gaia it was SO MUCH FUN. Making your posts all fancy and putting in random song lyrics... It really had me connecting with the various characters.

I mostly did shitty next-gen OC roleplays though, and I only roleplayed girls because I was insecure about playing dudes and having other people hate me for not doing yaoi.
Did a lot of Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Naruto and fucking Elfen Lied.

>> No.8616194

>>8616010
>looking up my old neopets account with decade old role-playing paragraphs in all my pet's descriptions

I don't even have my password or the email attached to it anymore so they're going to be there until the internet dies, forever taunting me.

>> No.8616205

Friend tells me: "you dress like a japanesse girl".
I pretend to be bothered or clueless
inner weaboo-self giggles

>> No.8616210

>>8614350
>tfw you still do this
At least no one has to know, right?

>> No.8616417

Luckily my weebo stage was before grand internet so I got off lightly. Gaia was well is my weebo stage and after 11 years im still there and doing ok. Its my dirty little secret and I like lurking and reading all the drama .while I dont rp anymore im doing decent as an artist

>> No.8616439

>>8610888
Almost all of the military intelligence community watches Chinese cartoons

>> No.8616458

>>8616194
>Actively maintain a main and side, 9 pets total
>Each pet is painted, customized, and with a lengthy backstory explaining the customization
Worry not. Let me absorb your embarrassment.

>> No.8616462

>be in 10th grade
>typical chubby weeb girl with acne
>socially awkward/have extreme social anxiety
>super into drawing in bastardized anime style
>self-conscious about art, but parents like it for some reason

Fast forwards a few months:
>take your kid to work day
>Dad is a classroom teacher
>anon, you should give my fifth grade class an art lesson
>okay.jpg
>scared shitless
>give class "anime" art lesson
>have no idea what the fuck I'm doing
>one girl in the class is a Japanese exchange student
>tfw I forced a Japanese kid that already know how to draw in manga and anime style to take part in my shitty art lesson
>tfw she can already draw better than me

That day I realized the error of my ways.

>> No.8616529

>>8616462
At least you didn't take her aside to tell her how perfect and sugoi her home country is.

>> No.8616623
File: 32 KB, 522x260, OMG WHY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i have this fossil of a drawing in made in 6th grade

>> No.8616634
File: 1.77 MB, 1611x1979, amarok or korama aka m3!!11!one 2009.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8616623
and an edgy oc that was half demon half angel half wolf half human (yes, half-half-half-half) and was emo and born to do archery. That symbol at the top is supposed to signify my then pen-name Amarok the Wolf Sage. Just typing that I cringe so hard...

>> No.8616724
File: 1018 KB, 500x700, 1439942195005.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8616010
>finding printouts of AOL RP from 1999

i cannot bear to look at it, and i cannot bear to throw it out.

>> No.8616734
File: 580 KB, 1139x2036, fuckingwhy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8616623
>>8616634
fear not, you're not alone in the land of shitty mashups. somewhere at the beginning of high school, i combined my two husbando at the time into one single entity of cool for this grand result.

the wrinkles are from when my dad entered my room while i was beholding my work, asked what it was when i hid it, tried really hard to force my hand out of the way so he could see, and i ended up crushing the piece of paper into my fist so he could not. i still wonder why he did that...

>> No.8616858

>>8609848

I'm convinced I have a hemorrhoid (well, a skin-bunch on my anus that doesn't hurt, I can sort of push it inside and it gets bigger/out-er if I squat down) from shoving things up my butt roughly as a pre-teen. I'm pretty self conscious about it.

Thanks, lack of american sex education.

Also, I probably took my own virginity with a hairbrush handle. Thanks to hentai. I also got into the large insertions and the bdsm. So I tried shoving in bottles, which didn't fit. And I tied myself up with yarn because I didn't have regular string.

>family computer in living room
>age 12
>just got computer
>just got internet
>within a month find hentai
>what is browser history
>mom goes on to do a search
>address suggestions
>"ANON WHAT IS THIS"
>Uhh... from popups.

>> No.8616865

>>8616858

>Thanks, lack of american sex education.

I mean, not to say that American sex education isn't woefully lacking and hilarious, but I mean, what on earth could they have told you about the birds and the bees that would have prevented you from shoving things up your butt?

>> No.8616871

>>8615477
When I was 14 I was at the mall with my mom and we went into Hot Topic because I wanted to look at the COOL EDGY GOTH stuff and be HARDCORE.

My mom poked around and said how neat it all looked and I immediately lost interest in being gothy. Parental approval can go a long way towards dissuading kids.

>> No.8616875

>>8616865
Explaining what anal sex is and how to do it safely, maybe? My school just gave us diagrams of vaginas and penises and said "ABSTINENCE IS KEY!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO SEX UNTIL YOU'RE AN ADULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>> No.8616885
File: 1.03 MB, 700x1000, 52522901_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609873

I do this. Anons, you understand me better than anyone.

I get extensive plotlines going for each universe. I jump from series to series every few months. As a result, I have a husbando in most series I was big into. Sometimes for books and western/live action shows, too.

Teen titans, batman/DC, sherlock holmes (books), Harry Potter, Magi, SPN, SnK, and some other books/series. On top of being a dweeb I'm sure I have shit taste. Those aren't necessarily my favorite series, but any with that kind of world that sucks you in. My character tends to follow a certain type, similar to kuudere. I do a lot of morally ambiguous things and tend to risk my life for the guy I'm in love with. And I never admit my feelings for them until I'm forced to, either they realize or the situation is one of those dire last-goodbyes.

I stomp around my room (silently, hopefully oh god hopefully I say it all in my head and not out loud) enacting scenes. I think about it all day. I lay around for hours, just fantasizing. I self-insert for an hour laying in bed before masturbating and falling asleep. I can make myself cry at sad scenes. I mean cry, like CRY for hours sometimes, and if my character is in a stressful point in the story I get wretched and cynical for days. And there's romance, of course, and sex, and lots of intensive plotlines full of betrayals and plotting and clever tactics. I'm not even NEET. I have turned down guys for dates because I would rather be fantasizing and masturbating to the fandom I was into at the moment. I used to do it even when I slept next to my (now ex) bf every night. I was laying next to him and thinking about fictional guys romancing me.

Right now I'm changing my style of dress to fit in with my character in my latest obsession. I'm thinking about buying a gold cross necklace because my in-universe husband gives one to me. I'm atheist.

I'm pretty sure this qualifies as dysfunctional.

No one must know my secret.

>> No.8616899

>>8616875
It's hilarious that the only people who seem opposed to Canada's new sex-ed curriculum are muslims. I have yet to see a white kid (or any kid other than middle eastern, really) in pictures of the "protests".

>> No.8616900
File: 546 KB, 730x1257, 52534953_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8614905

That was a nice story, anon. I just want to tell you that.

>> No.8616906

>>8616865

They could tell me to use some lube and only use penis-shaped, slender things with a soft-curved tip, and not force it in if it hurts. That would have helped. Instead I learned how to masturbate from goddamned monster, bdsm, and rape porn.

And not sex ed at 16. Sex ed at 11. BEFORE I start masturbating. No point otherwise.

I was not a bright child.

>> No.8616955

>>8616858
omg saaammmmeeeee
I can never talk about that to anyone
>I should become an ass doctor just to treat myself

>> No.8616987
File: 48 KB, 480x640, 1427526125442.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8616734
oh, what a beauty. Maybe the beautiful radiance or your drawing beckoned your dad to see it. Or, he didn't understand that you wanted to keep it private I guess.

That story reminds me, I drew a Naruto x Sasuke picture of them kissing and I didn't know where to put it. I didn't want to put it in my sketchbook because people might look through it. I ended up hiding it behind a small bookcase. It was safe there for while and I forgot about it until my big sister called me over and I saw the drawing in her hand and just...

>> No.8617017

>>8616955

Is there even anything you can do? I hear they're caused by: bad diet, physical trauma (sexy love fun times), prolonged sitting, pushing while shitting, and pregnancy. Doesn't say how to fix except "time and/or surgery." I don't want asshole surgery.

there are topical creams, but that's all bullshit because topical medication cannot change a physical, structural issue. Otherwise we could rub weight loss cream on our bellies and get to burando size overnight.

>> No.8617027

>>8616529
This is true. Glad it didn't come to that.

>> No.8617048

>>8617017
>creams dont work
Im almost relieved, I was about to try to buy some after work, and I don't really want to go to Walgreens and ask them for it

>> No.8617073

>>8616865
Agreeing with >>8616906. Maybe not in so much detail, but my school's sex ed was pretty decent and made a point of telling us that nothing in sex should really hurt. We got the baby version at 11 (a quick explanation of how our body parts work coupled with "Don't let anyone tell you anything is supposed to hurt down there! Tell someone you trust if anything hurts!") and then a more mature and actually pretty frank discussion at 14/15. In the later class we got pretty thorough info on contraceptives, injuries and disease prevention, and some common stuff like using lube and only using actual sex toys instead of random shit in the house.

>> No.8617115

>>8608385
I'm still here because of Gurren Lagann.

>> No.8617124
File: 34 KB, 539x261, pants and head.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>6th grade
>discover the mane-gas, first one ever is Absolute Boyfriend
>read it in school
>single panel of a topless woman in little to no detail
>bullies steal it and pass it around class
>no friends until end of high school
Nonetheless...
>Black Butler-themed art projects
>Kingdom Hearts everything, even today
>Distinctly remember Roxel and that really weird ZexionxDemyx pairing
>greasy af
>snotty af
>parents think it's a terrible, terrible phase
They were wrong
>Now sophomore in uni
>Have job to buy more manga, kawaii clothes and figures of mai husbando
>Taking Japanese classes despite biology major
>smart enough not to join the ultra-cringe anime club, it's full of middleschool weebs but in their 20s

>> No.8617194
File: 25 KB, 400x300, 419011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Be in 2nd grade
> Pokemon fever erupts
> The whole class spends every recess playing Pokemon in some way or another
> Collect the cards even though I don't play (still have them somewhere)
> But the best game is Pokemon LARPing
> Ginger so always got to be Misty, guys would take turns being Ash and Brock
> Fire hydrant was a blastoise
> Rocks were pokeballs and other kids played different pokemons
> No idea why the teachers never stopped kids throwing rocks at each other.

Later on
> Childrens channel starts showing Fruits Basket
> Fall in love and start watching anything anime
> Discover that most cartoons I grew up on from public television were actually old anime
> 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, The Moomins, Spoon Oba-sanת The Wonderful Adventures of Nils, Taotao, Alfred J. Kwak (my childhood favourite, had some pretty heavy subjects)
> Basically, the whole country grew up on oldschool anime
> So never really been a social outcast because of it

>> No.8617223

In high school, a girl (who I had a crush on at the time) once told me "you know, youre like an anime guy". Still not sure what I did exactly to seem that way, but I was definitely a weeb so who knows.

>> No.8617305

>>8617073
That's pretty much what we got, in 5th grade we got a very basic explanation, more focused on going through puberty. I specifically remember one thing the teacher told us, she said "you will never see a vagina unless you are a doctor". Which is sort of true, im a fat guy posting on 4chan. 9th grade we got a real class complete with cucumbers, flour bag babies and up close video of child birth. It was made better by the teacher was our gym teacher who kept it real and would answer any crazy question.

>> No.8617764

>>8616885
Everyone knows now though.

>> No.8617818

>>8609873
I've l been doing that since l was like 12
welcome 2 the club

>> No.8617833 [DELETED] 

>>8609898
>hazmat suit
Trying not to laugh in a quiet office

>> No.8617878
File: 124 KB, 620x496, url-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609898
do you mean an honest to god hazmat suit? where did you even get one as a kid? all i can think is

>> No.8618138

>>8617878
Probably a painters suit

>> No.8618367

>>8611073
>"vampire bar" on gaia

>have sudden crushing realization that i have probably rped with one of you before

>> No.8618384

>>8616885
This is true dedication, anon.
>>8617017
I thought hemorrhoid cream worked by tightening the skin or something? I remember reading something about it ages ago but it might well have been total bullshit.
>>8617115
I'm sorry you had to live through the flood of awful Yokos.

>> No.8618393

>>8618384
Are you ready to take one for the team? If I wasn't so embarrassed I'd do it damn near right now

>> No.8618443

>>8610458
It's okay anon, we all have trash waifus

>> No.8618462

>>8609069
>However weebs take all of those positives and manage to misconstrue it into a "I'm better than everyone because I like anime"

then you go and say that you're
>superior to the average schmuck
I agree with this anon >>8609074 you shouldn't feel superior or above anyone else.

>> No.8618478

>>8614205
I had documentation of mine, but in the last few years, out of shame more than likely, I've all but destroyed all traces of my weeaboo days. DA, Myspace, photobucket. ect.

>> No.8618577
File: 59 KB, 478x480, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bride asked for black and white

I know there are no excuses

I still have that dress

And I'm still dying inside at social gatherings

>> No.8618671

>>8616858
>pop ups

I remember finding hentai and obviously being 13 didn't know about browser history. Thought I had gotten away with it until few months ago my Mum is talking at me about my brothers non existent love life (literally talking at she uses me like a sounding board) "I know he can't be gay because I used to find all these dirty websites when I went to look for things online and they all had cartoon girls"

>> No.8618712

>>8618577
Oh lord at a WEDDING?

>> No.8618729
File: 53 KB, 500x260, n513bd549ee517.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8617305
>gym teacher
I wish my school did something like that. I got the anatomy talk in 5th grade and again in 8th grade with the addition of a flour baby but nothing about the act of sex. It was all about how to say "no" and how abstinence is the only option. Even in my high school FACS class I learned about how babies develope in the womb but nothing about the process that makes them. I didn't swallow for the longest time because I thought sperm in my stomach would get me pregnant.

And now I know why my state has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates.

>> No.8618736

>>8618729
So do you swallow now?

>> No.8618770

>>8618577
this is wonderful, thank you for this.

>> No.8618778

>>8618577
You already look so disappointed in yourself in that picture.

>> No.8619301

>>8609873
I'm kind of relieved at how common this is! I still map out fanfic story lines for my OTPs when I'm trying to fall asleep. I guess it's a sort of weeby escapism.

>> No.8619356

>>8617194
>3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, The Moomins, Spoon Oba-san, The Wonderful Adventures of Nils, Taotao, Alfred J. Kwak

It sure is Dutch in here

>> No.8619533

>>8618577
At least you looked cute and not like a monstrosity.
Actually most seag pictures of themselves doing weeb shit arent that bad.

>> No.8619635

>8617878
It was from a science fair I went to; one of the exhibits was talking about safety in the lab and was giving out disposable science protection suits. It was a disposable plastic fiber white suit with latex gloves and white shoe covers.

>> No.8619641

>>8619635
>>8617878
god damnit i fucked up

>> No.8619902
File: 103 KB, 720x540, sailor_moon_episode_45_sailor_moon_mourns_touched_by_ghost_of_sailor_jupiter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Be most popular girl in elementary school
> Be in 6th grade
> No one knew being into anime with cringey yet
> Play shitty dub Sailor Moon DVDs on repeat while at home - POWER LVL MAXIMUM
> Convince ~14 people Sailor Moon is real
> I am Sailor Moon of course
> Tell everyone we will get our powers at age 14 (like the rest of the scouts in the animus)
> Had every single scout, including starlights, assigned to a class mate (sorry starlights are boys to be inclusive of my crush kek)
> Everyone believed me
> "trained" at recess by shouting attack commands at each other
> "practiced" transforming by spinning around and posing a lot
>Everyone else not included was so confused

By the time we all turned 14 people figured out I was a little crazy and a loser.

> Absolutely NOT the most popular girl in Jr. High

The worst part is that part of 12 y/o me actually believed in what I was saying, and had hoped I wasn't lying. (Pic Relevant)

>> No.8620096
File: 208 KB, 916x872, you_tried__by_the_mexican_whovian-d5od4z7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8619356
Nah, Israfag here which is why I found all the WWII stuff in Alfred J. Kwak great.

>> No.8620187
File: 1.15 MB, 1440x944, Lucky1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8619902
That sounds like so much fun. I can't believe you got all the scouts including the Starlights assigned! I only got to play with my weeb friends after school when I went to my grandma's. I probably wouldn't have been your friend in junior high (gotta keep up that "cool" image even though I wasn't part of the "cool" crowd) but I totally would be today.

>> No.8620235
File: 2.34 MB, 400x225, 1350601975729.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8616623
>>8616634
>>8616734
I can feel your pain anon

>> No.8620328

I asked a waitress at a Chinese buffet to read a Japanese Pokemon card.

>> No.8620336

>>8619902
>>8620187
Seconding being jealous you had everyone assigned. I only played Sailor Moon with my two cousins and we had to switch between who was Sailor Moon.

>> No.8620760

>>8610193

>I've looked up to Big Boss since I first played MGS3.

I fear you may have taken the vastly wrong message from Metal Gear.

Big Boss is not a nice dude, or anyone you'd want to emulate. Solid Snake, fine, but Big Boss becomes a power-mad nuclear-armed megalomaniac.

>> No.8620844

>>8620760
He's a decent guy in MGS3. The current stories being told are his descent into government-hating madness.

>> No.8621010

>>8608379
Y'know, these threads are why I decided that /cgl/ wasn't nearly as awful as tumblr itas say it is.

>> No.8621203

>>8621010
How so, anon?

>> No.8621240

>>8619902
You're not alone, anon! I did the same thing, but my popularity was lost not because I was "crazy" - but because our parents found out that Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were lesbians and put a stop to us watching Sailor Moon immediately. I didn't see anything wrong with them being in a relationship, but girls who were once my friends immediately treated me like I wanted all of us to be lesbians together, and given that it was '99 and I was in a US Southern Baptist school - that was a big nope.

12yo me wasn't allowed to watch Toonami anymore and refocused her energy on video games, which only made things worse as far as social interaction went. My former friends immediately saw me playing video games as something "only boys do" (lol 1999) and took to calling me all manner of names (dyke, he-she, etc)

That screwed me up a lot, so I just dove deeper into fandom because it was my only real escape from the fact that a lot of my peers didn't like me. I was obsessed with The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy, and - because I didn't want to talk to anyone at school - I would just sit and write (self-insert original character ugh) fanfic and draw all day. I carried around a stack of Zelda and FF strategy guides and focus on my writing.

And then I accidentally left a notebook full of fanfic and drawings in one of my classes. Came in and everyone was crowded around it and looking through it. Once again, 12 year olds in a Southern Baptist school in 1999. My ass was bullying fodder until High School. My only friend was my cat. I still get terrified when people ask to see my drawings/read my fic.

And then, in High School I found "my people" - there was a group of about 6 teenagers that loved all the same things I did and liked to write fanfic. We did some absolutely cringeworthy things (my OCs u gais) but those kids were a saving grace for me.

>> No.8621246

>>8614317
god fucking damn it anon thanks for reminding me i still own a Rauhreif doujinshi

>> No.8621250

>>8618712
At the bride's request as well

>> No.8621342

>>8621203
I guess I read the thread and was like, "wow, there's a 4chan board for cosplay and lolita? i can relate to these veteran weebs? what do you mean the entirety of 4chan isnt /pol/ and /b/? Tumblr must've lied to me."
Because I was 100% newfriend.

>> No.8621461

>>8609546
You've improved a lot, though. Still something to be proud of.

>> No.8621468

>>8609626
wowzer

>> No.8621469

>>8609702
Cardcaptor was great. 'Cept for the relationship between the teacher and her like.. 12 year old friend.

>> No.8621477

>>8609876
I never got into roleplaying over MySpace/Facebook but my friends did. I had a Naruto OC profile, her pics were shittily recolored Rin pics (from Fate/Stay Night) that I only had because my friend's artsy sister made them for all the friends on our "team." Sometimes we just had recolored generic animu pics like the one shown.

>> No.8621478

>>8614350
This is exactly what I get most nostalgic about. I never did embarrassing stuff, really. Mostly world-building and fleshing out character personalities in those Academy OC roleplays. I benefited from my Gaia years immensely.

>> No.8621687

>>8620328
i took mamotte! lollipop into a hibachi restaurant with me once and didnt even read it

>> No.8621882

>>8616183
>having other people hate me for not doing yaoi
I remember being in some KH/FF/Disney/random anime for no reason RP and some girl getting so much fucking hate because she played Axel straight. People were throwing fits and threatening to her, and I remember someone trying to talk me into having my character (I was Zexion or Demyx or one of those lil shits) rape Axel and "make him yaoi".

>captcha has pic of chocolate drizzled bacon on a rice krispy treat
captcha i am gonna puke on you

>> No.8622027

>>8611990
Not that anon, but the last con I went to had whole squads of Sailor Scouts roaming around the place. I think Crystal had something to do with the show experiencing a revival or some shit.

Not to mention I know plenty of hot, well-adjusted girls in their 20's who will fully admit to loving Sailor Moon, so it's popular with normalfags as well.

>> No.8622046

>>8614350
>>8614620
>>8615458
>>8615662
Gaia used BBCode! It was my first introduction to programming and what got me into it, which is now my field of study.
Kind of related, I was banned from Gaia for trading an old Neopets account for gold.
I cried.

>> No.8622105

>>8609080
>hook hand car door
.... do you mean man door hand hook car door?
what?

>> No.8622225
File: 69 KB, 235x316, 1442505970353.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608385
Well, when I was in highschool I moved to another town and had a lot of trouble making friends and talking with people, which is pretty weird, since I was pretty extroverted in my previous school... But still, I watched Welcome to the NHK and totally fell in love with the show. I thought that I was the a real-life version of Satou (in many ways I was).

I was a really depressed and insecure teenager, but Welcome to the NHk really helped md through my first year of highschool, and I actually improved my confidence because of the show.

I eventually moved again and made a shit load of friends on a new highschool. So yeah, Welcome to the NHK helped me through my teenage years. Thanks Satou.

>> No.8622240

>>8616987
I have a locked briefcase full of mini SasoDei doujinshi I drew when I was 12 and I can't bring myself to throw them away.

So there's this suspicious as fuck briefcase in a corner of my room that just rots there like Pandora's box.

>> No.8622339

>>8616885
>Style of dress fit with character
I think you're not only who does that, my wardrobe is full of clothes coorded to fit all my fav characters, it's just so fun to wake up and think "who am i going to dress up as today?"

i know it's retarded to have coorded clothes only, but i find it really fun.

>> No.8622348
File: 44 KB, 895x263, cringe4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what a time to be alive

>> No.8622359
File: 44 KB, 331x406, welcome~.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608482
fam

>> No.8622517

>>8616885
I do this too, though not quite to this extent.

>> No.8622726

>>8608385
A book changed my life

Infinite Jest got me into tennis which is now one of my passions now, my aqua vitae which courses through my veins.

To be successful at tennis you must be both an artist and a mathematician. An abstract and a logical thinker. In one sense tennis is applied geometry. Trigonometryin motion. There are an infinite number of approach vectors that ball can take as your opponent sends it to your side of the court and as your mind begins to calculate the possible responses, all the angles and arcs you can send the ball back in the already infinite possibilities begin to grow exponentially. It's is as if you and your partner are intimately embraced, performing a tango while solving calculus

Tennis’s beauty’s infinite roots are self-competitive. You compete with your own limits to transcend the self in imagination and execution. Disappear inside the game: break through limits: transcend: improve: win.

>> No.8622862

>>8622027
Well it is one of the better known animes. It was on right when I got home from school and ran when the whole pretty-girls-can-fight-too thing was gaining steam. I remember a few copycat shows right around that time.

>> No.8622928

>tfw the anon who posted the 'dreaming of animes" post
>all those replies

I'm glad I'm not alone and that so many of you do the same.

To add a little bit; I've decided to accept my husbando shit into my life and I don't regret it, It's tons of fun showing your love for a fictional character without any shame (not in public though, online) because fuck it, life is too short to not enjoy it.

And husbandos are great to fall asleep to!

>> No.8623004

>>8614191
I just remembered j used to self insert as characters from xiaolin showdown

>> No.8625562

>>8621469
The age differences in the manga really weirded me out (haven't watched the anime, need to do that soon...) but I was amazed that they let 2 guys show their feelings for each other like that. And Sakura's clearly thirsty friends were entertaining, too, I was wondering who she'd end up with.

>> No.8625627

>>8608385
I didn't kill myself because of NGE.

>> No.8625709

>>8622726
This is pasta, right? Infinite jest is the most pretentious shiylt ever.

>> No.8626244

>>8625627
me too. nge helped me through a sexual assault.

>> No.8627593

>>8608415
>9th grade in 2013
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS