[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 33 KB, 500x461, heavy-breathing-cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8602010 No.8602010 [Reply] [Original]

Old one has over 300 replies: >>8594118

I've been doing a lot of physical activity lately since I started college, and because of that, I've slimmed down considerably. (I now fit into US size S clothing as opposed to size M/L clothing before I moved)
> the good news? I can fit into pretty much any brand I want.
> the bad news? I don't have a job at the moment since I'm so busy this semester, so I have no money to buy brand
> maybe next semester
> also mfw there's a MASSIVE leaving lolita sale on LSE with multiple items I want to buy

>> No.8602021
File: 236 KB, 500x472, fuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>waiting like 10 days for my next paycheck
>gonna be a lot
>was gonna buy a fuckton of loli for it
>but suddenly
>BILLS
>BILLS EVERYWHERE
>mfw itll take me at least 2 months to get back on track with this

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

>> No.8602099

>>8602010
Trying to find that one your talking about lol

>> No.8602143

>Broke up this year with my partner
>still enjoying a breath of fresh air just doing lolita & otome
>so this young dude has asked to buy me coffee after being turned down twice already
>Meh, ok. But cannot be fucked with trying to explain lolita/otome fashion so just going to rock up in Amavel
>If that's too edgy for coffee lad then can't say i didn't put out.

Tfw too emotionally exhausted to give a damn about pleasing a guy when I'm concentrating on loving myself again.

>> No.8602154

>want to make a Halloween coord
>can't because whatever disposable income I have needs to go to my birthday coord (birthday is literally a week after Halloween)
Maybe next year... I 3D printed a bat wing headband and wanted to do something with it ;_;

>> No.8602158
File: 75 KB, 540x361, Happy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was the anon on the other thread that was struggling with leaving a terrible job.

I went today and delivered my key. I feel really sorry for leaving my colleague alone and without help. But it had to be.

I discovered they have hidden cameras in every room and that the employer had been controlling people behind their backs. This made me completely paranoid and I simply can't work on a place like this anymore.

So I'm happy I left. Time to work on some armour!

>> No.8602162

>>8602154
> I 3D printed a bat wing headband
That sounds really cool, do you have any pics of it or any WIP pics of your birthday coord?

>>8602158
Good for you anon! That sounds like a really bad atmosphere to be in and it's good that you got yourself out of there.

>> No.8602195

> still living at home
> student so it's expensive to move out anyway
> home situation is pretty great
> except that I can't order things online easily

I love my parents. I'm happy they're looking out for me to make sure I don't give away personal information easily etc.

But I wish I could just order things online to my own liking without always having to go through them, which always ends up with my dad wanting to check out the site I want to order from etc.
Oh and before you wonder why I'm not ordering things regardless, there's almost always one of them at home at any given time, I can't lie for shit and if they found out I gave some sites our shipping address (aka home address) I'd be in deep shit.

>> No.8602237

>>8602195
> deep shit for ordering things online
> 2015
Lemme green text how that would go down for you

> Hildegarde, come here this instant
> "be there presently father, I'm almost down churning the butter" ... "what is it, father dearest?"
> Hildegarde, what is the meaning of this? The local courier negro has brought forth this package addressed to you!
> "oh forgive me father, 'tis a most modern dress, I so long to be beautiful. Please only beat me mildly for disobeying you"

>> No.8602247

>>8602237
Kek
It's not so much the ordering part as it's the giving information part. My parents are very private people and basically are a little too paranoid in the thought that everyone will abuse their personal info when given.

>> No.8602258

>>8602247
>>8602195
But why do they have to be involved in you ordering things?

>> No.8602263

>>8602247
get a P.O locker box or something. Get it sent to work etc.

>get shit sent to work when I have far too many packages coming in and the 'rents are asking too many questions

>> No.8602264

>>8602247
Can't you rent out a P.O. box?

>> No.8602269

>>8602258
>>8602263

There's no way they wouldn't notice me getting new stuff.

Either I don't mind it enough to bother going around it, it just would be slightly more convenient I guess. At least this way I don't spend all my money on anime merchandise.

>> No.8602273
File: 104 KB, 467x315, Heidi-crying-022315-467.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone else feel like it's much harder for them to make friends in the cosplay community than it is for their other friends in it? I try to be friendly with everyone I'm introduced to, follow them on social media and comment on their stuff in a positive and non-clingy/creepy way, offer booze to people at cons (if they drink) etc and it feels like nobody ever remembers me or talks to me... I've had to reintroduce my self to people I've met like, ten times over the years. Meanwhile, I'll have friends that will meet the same people once in passing and seemingly become online BFFS with ease.

Is something wrong with me?

>> No.8602296

>Not doing so great financially
>put up a bunch of my lolita for sale to get some quick cash
>No one buys anything

I feel like the market's been pretty stagnant as of late. I really need these things gone but I've already lowered the prices a fair bit...

>> No.8602300

>>8602263
Pixyteri got a PO box so her parents didn't know she was buying lolita stuff rather than paying her bills.

>> No.8602355

>>8602273
Yes, you have cooties, sorry anon, get well soon.

>> No.8602369

>>8602273
You are unremarkable/uncharismatic, perhaps. It's something that comes naturally to some, but you can gain social skills through practice nonetheless.

>> No.8602371

>>8602099
OP here. The album has easily ~350 items up for sale. Seller had a REALLY massive wardrobe.

>> No.8602413
File: 3.24 MB, 1524x2276, etc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8602162
Here's both, anon! It's hard to tell because shitty phone pic is shitty, but there's flecks of gold throughout the headband. It still needs a bit of sprucing up so it doesn't rip out my hair but I'm pretty satisfied with it otherwise.
As for my birthday coord, I have everything except the bag, shoes, and tights, which I am hoping to order this Friday.

>> No.8602523
File: 261 KB, 654x473, 1424308011858.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So i went back to the halloween store. Unfortunately between working ou5 and my 14hr shifts i had a limited window to get in, snd it was around the time my weeb bully was there. I wore my ruddy as shit work clothes and a beat up ball cap to look unappealing as possible. It didnt go well, at all:
>Walk through the doors and immediately turn right and hug the isles, bee lining for all their socks and such
>as im cruising up the isle reaking of iron and coal smoke, i lift my head abit to look around
>slow to a stop, because low and behold theres someone fashionable in front of me.
>Shes a cute little raven haired thing in casual wear: Cute hat, very little frill, a little ribbon here and there, colors of summer in yellows and such
>I of course look like hammered shit, but thankfully my beard is toed up so i dont look completely like a mad man
>I walk up and say Hello
>her face is happy, yet she eyes my grubby, dirty self and i just laugh and explain i just got off work
>she has a tinkly laughs and wrinkles her nose adorably and says "Yeah, you kinda smell like a volcano"
>both of us laugh, and i tell her she looks quite nice, and we start a light conversation on fashion and such
>It was then when... she appeared.
>She was wearing a wrinkled Naruto shirt and a head band, you know the kind.
>"Aayyyyeee, you back here again pervert?"
>I felt my face go white and red with anger, not now, why now?!
>Thankfully the lolita turns her head, sniffs at the weeb, and cutely tells her "Fuck off, please."
>Weeb is angered
>"You know hes just a fucking pervert right? Last time he was here he kept talking about diapers and age play!"
>"YOU LITTLE SH-" is all i can get out before she holds up her finger at me, and i quiet down immediately because my wife does this as well and im unfortunately well trained
>Lolita eyeballs the weeb and purrs "Looks like you're safe then, seeing as to you look like a bridge troll with an acne problem."
>Ohsnap.jpg

>> No.8602533

>>8602523
>Weeb lets ouy some kind of screech, and starts screaming about pedophiles and pedophile enablers.
>Manager comes running over wondering what all the screaming is about
>Lolita kinda motions towards the door and we both scadaddle that direction while weeb and her manager bark at each other.
>Lolita laughs a little, gives me this adorable little smile, and wishes me a good day.
>"You too, yah big bully." I say, and she just laughs again before walking away.
>Realize i won't be able to shop here probably again
>Watch Lolita walk off into the parking lot
>Head back to my car
>Pick up dinner stuff and flowers for the wife
>Drive home, wishing I were a few years younger and mysterious women were still part of my skill book.

Lolitas really are a whole other animal, and this was a pleasant experience... wish i could have shooken her hand or something, but i was dirty as hell. Ah well.

>> No.8602703

I just got a beautiful burando skirt in the mail with a delicate, fluffy tulle overlay.

I took it out of the package, tried it on, draped it over the bed and then took a nap.

My SO comes home and his cat followed him into the bedroom. She curled up on the skirt draped on the bed, but I didn't think anything of it because our cats lay in clothes we leave around all the time, but they don't mess with them. I guess something about the fluffy softness of the tulle really hit the spot for her though because after a few minutes she started violently kneading her claws into it.

I didn't even get to wear my new skirt and it's already got three holes in it. They're small, but really noticeable in my opinion. Steaming it might make them smaller but these are definitely not going to go away. So mad.

>> No.8602712

>>8602143
That's a good mentality though, if they can't handle something as casual as amavel then they're not going to handle the rest and they can fuck off. You wouldn't want to date somebody like that anyway so it could be an asshole filter.

>> No.8602716
File: 223 KB, 640x480, 1428202878689.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>About to buy a bunch of stuff
> Speaker in my cell phone stops working
> $1000 tablet won't turn on
>AC stops working in the car

No nice things for me, I guess.

>> No.8602723

>>8602533
I don't really believe this anyway, but why would the weeb have the impression that you are a pervert anyway?
Or am I missing a story from another thread.

>> No.8602734

>>8602723
Story from another thread. I made the mistake of letting her know i was a fan of fashion and such. Apparently, if you are an attractive male over 16 that makes you a perverted age player looking for a sub or something. This was at a halloween store in Wichita, if that helps you believe this bull shit.

>> No.8602748
File: 19 KB, 176x160, dear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

just found out my ferret has cancer

i want to be ended.

>> No.8602784

>>8602748
I'm so sorry anon, that really sucks. My heart goes out to you and your little buddy.

>> No.8602809
File: 66 KB, 362x429, 1406250848787.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh i posted this in a dead thread

I was into lolita pretty briefly, though I still hang around here to keep up with the community. I dropped out a few years ago, and all the friends I've made in the community have been worried sick or even angry.

I've been taking care of my elderly mother. The stress has been driving me crazy, and I don't even have the time between two jobs and college to dress up anymore. I don't really want to tell them what's been keeping me out of there because I don't want to pity play.

Having to dust cobwebs off of my dresses has been the worst hell, and I feel like I can't do anything I want to or get my life moving while I'm stuck out here taking care of her. But I can't just walk away, either; I don't have a lot of savings(her medical bills and addictions take most of our money) and no real connections to land me a place to go, on top of her guaranteeing me she'd commit suicide the moment I left. I don't even know if I'd fit in those dresses anymore either, I've put on a few pounds.

I've made so many attempts to get her set up nicely with a caregiver and myself out of here, but it always explodes due to horrible circumstance. Just a few days ago my roommate-to-be vanished, leaving a suicide note, and I haven't heard from him at all. I don't want to be stuck out here another year.

Thanks for letting me rant, /cgl/. I'm going to go get smashed.

>> No.8602811

>>8602413
The bat headband doesn't match Angel of Music at all.

>> No.8602833

>>8602811
Dear god, I didn't plan on wearing that with it!
I just added that photo to the bottom of the coord collage so I didn't have to double-post, since the anon I was replying to was interested in seeing both. I guess I should have created a divider or something.

>> No.8602834

>>8602811
Did you not actually read the post?

>> No.8602836

>>8602809
Gg anon, your life is hard. But don't get smashed, instead, just lie down and tank that feels train.

>> No.8602871

I'm nervous and feel out of place about this event I'm going to. Meeting internet friends irl didn't go as well as I'd thought. Better to know now than later but it still sucks. There goes 2 years down the drain.

I just want good friends and I fail at that too. I am fighting against everything to just become fully reclusive and finally give up.

>> No.8602884

>>8602836
Can only let the train run you over so many times, anon. I just need help to do it.

>> No.8602887

>>8602355
I'm going to my physician soon. I'll be sure to ask if there's anything I can be prescribed to help out.

>>8602369
The thing that baffles me is that I tend to be pretty well liked and influential in my social circles that aren't cosplay related, though. I kind of feel like there's some sort of secret hazing that nobody's telling me about that I need to go through to be buds with others in this hobby at times. Sometimes I'll get some bitter thoughts that the people who have been weirdly cold are people who wanted to be popular back in high school and are living out their fantasies this way, but I feel like that's really fucking mean of me. I also doubt that the friends I do have would be pals with that attitude.

>>8602809
I'm so sorry, anon. I hope something miraculous happens that can help your situation out.

>> No.8602914

>>8602237
brilliant, please write a book.

>> No.8602949

>>8602269
Ok. But you said they were worried about personal information being given out more so than you buying stuff. I don't see how a PO box isn't a solution? Are you underage or something?

>> No.8602975

>>8602887
I hope for a miracle a lot too, anon. May as well hope. What's lost just for hoping,r ight?

hope hope hope

>> No.8603063

>>8602195

As someone who was sheltered by overprotective parents, it will get better once you get some space between you and them.

I know you love them. I love my parents too, but in the early 20s, it starts getting a little claustrophobic. My relationship dramatically improved with them once I finally got a job and could move out with my own stable income.

>> No.8603111

>>8602195
If you're an adult then just fucking order what you want regardless. When you are over the age of 18, make your own money, have your own credit card, and are capable of paying for your own things, just buy it yourself. Why do you HAVE to go through them? You're not morally obligated to do so because you're a god damn adult. You don't even need to lie, just fucking order it and don't say anything, and when the package comes just be liek "oh yeah i ordered something." Explain to your parents how it is the 21st century and how online shoppnig works. God, do they question you when you buy from Amazon too?

>> No.8603117
File: 1.07 MB, 600x338, 1390346289000.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be on accutante
>Dessert dry lips and mouth
>Religiously apply chapstick throughout the day
>Lips are almost burning right now
>Chapstick is across the room
>I am comfy and nested for the night

Life is suffering. Accio chapstick.

>> No.8603124

I'm working a shitty internship which is necessary for the hours so I can continue with my degree. The management is terribly organized, there's no communication, and the employees are passive aggressive back-stabbing cunts. I always get caught in the middle because I'm the intern, and there's little to no procedure that can protect me from whatever they decide to accuse me of. I also got a bad foot injury from working too much so I have to take 2 weeks off now. I'm glad for the break but also have a lot of anxiety about taking the time off. I still need 200 hours or so to finish it and I'm just fucking worn out. I'm sick of 40 year old men acting like petty middle schoolers, and two faced cunts who are jealous of my ability and talk behind my back rather than improve their work.

I'm going to take the time to relax and collect myself. I can't stop feeling bad about all the shit they've accused me of, especially since they have no proof but seniority means if the shit hits the fan I'm the one in the wrong. I've really turned to drinking a lot because of stress and it's making me gain weight and I feel ugly and fat in lolita. Going to try pot next. I also watch dramas to destress but as soon as I stop watching it comes right back again. What do you do to de-stress? Any recommendations?

>> No.8603128

>>8603117
Buy the little half-size ones and keep them in a few different spots. One winter I had really bad dry lips and I had one in each coat and each bag. I hope your skin is getting better anon!

>> No.8603249

>friend and her girlfriend cosplay Riku and Sora
>been wanting to cosplay as Kairi for years but was ditched by original group
>get excited because they don't have a Kairi
>ask if they want to cosplay with me
>"sorry anon...but we really hate Kairi and don't want you in our group as her. we'd rather you be Namine or Shion"
>tfw my least favorite characters in the series
>well there goes that

It sucks because I know why they hate her now. We're in our 20s and they still have that whole "eewww it's a girl she's ruining our yaoiz" attitude. But whatever I guess. I'll probably still cosplay her, but it would have been nice to do it with friends.

Also
>been watching new animes
>they're a little obscure/not too popular
>realize how amazing it is not having to deal with tumblr fandom bullshit
>halle-fucking-lujah
>can't wait to cosplay from them

It's such a great feeling like wow. I sorta hope they don't ever get too popular. Especially because one series has a character tumblr would go crazy over since he's a creepy shit. They'll either defend his actions to hell and back and treat him like a precious angel or send death threats to people who even mention him. But so far I'm safe~

>> No.8603271

>>8603124
Weed might just trap you in a ball of your own thoughts. I once tried to smoke to get away from a depression episode. It was a bad idea. Made me break down in front of my SO and cry for an hour.

Drink tea, it has a calming effect. Exercising also gives me a shot of excited energy. When I'm super stressed, I either talk to my SO or just sit on my bed, tightly hug a pillow, and sit there in silence for a while.

Maybe you can ask your employer to be assigned something else so you can physically not be with the others? Your internship sounds so similar to an office job I had. It really made me hate middle-aged people. Good luck, it's only 200 hours!

>> No.8603364

>want to make Lenka's god arc out of acrylic
>estimated price would be over $400 for 2 sheets of 6ft acrylic
>lose all motivation
It would have turned out badly anyways.

>> No.8603367

>>8603124
As someone who has anxiety issues and smoked weed daily for several years, don't do it. It's not worth it. Like another anon said, try different teas, play video games if you like them. Go to the gym when your foot is better to work out the stress. Don't turn to self destructive habits like drinking and drugs. You'll regret it in the long run. Remember your situation is only temporary.

>> No.8603381

Fuck, I feel like crap.

I've posted about this before but uggh. My brother's getting married next month and it's been a fucking roller coaster. His future mother-in-law is a controlling, piece of crap bitch. She's one of those mom's that plans her daughter's wedding to her liking, not the daughter's, because she never got her dream wedding. So she has to force it down everyone else's throats. She had me excluded from the bridal party for being too fat (despite the fact that i've lost weight and she has a good 50+ pounds on me), she didn't want to invite our cousin because he's bipolar and "could cause a scene", and considered not inviting our grandpa because "he's too old and wouldn't know otherwise". She calls every day to discuss plans and has been since last august. She treats my mom like crap, she treats my brother like crap. They've almost called off the wedding twice already. I wish they would and just elope. It'd be less stressful for everyone.

I just. I haven't had a proper night's sleep in weeks, my hair is falling out in massive clumps, I'm constantly bloated, I've been gaining weight, I've started biting my nails and picking at my skin again, and I think I'm developing an ulcer (or 5). I'm so miserable. I just want this wedding to be over and done with already. We all do. I just want to be happy and stress free again, so I can work on cosplay and build my gyaru wardrobe. But oh, that reminded me. I'm banned from getting a job until after the wedding so it doesn't conflict with the date. I wanted to apply for Spirit Halloween and Hot Topic since they'll be hiring for the season soon and by the time the wedding is over, it'll be halfway through the season and chances are I won't get the job. Still going to apply though because fuck that bitch I need money.

>rant was longer than expected i'm so sorry

>> No.8603384 [DELETED] 

>>8602010
>Got my period again.

>> No.8603504

>>8603381
that's shitty but your brother's fiance should tell her mom to stfu. it's not your wedding anon, try to chill.

>> No.8603548

>>8603381
Oh shit, anon. I hope your sister-in-law to be tells her to fuck off. I have expectations my mum and grandma will try the same thing, and I will let them know in no uncertain terms my wedding will be as tacky and awful as I want it to be, and if they try and control anything other than THEIR outfits, they are not invited.
>my grandma ruined my mum's wedding by being controlling, because she didn't get her dream wedding
>my mum now wants to do the same
>vicious, vicious circle

>> No.8603632

>>8602712
Glad you agree with my prick-filter, anon. They gotta get passed the Kawaii motherfudger before they can get to the stuff that counts.
Desensitise desensitise desensitise.

>> No.8603657

>>8603249
>We're in our 20s and they still have that whole "eewww it's a girl she's ruining our yaoiz" attitude.

misogynistic lesbians. fujoshits are fucking weird.

>> No.8603722

>>8603657
It's so cringey. Some aren't lesbian at all, just pretending and want to be a cute yaoi uke boy, ew.
I don't understand why being like this and hate your own gender, i wish this tumblrtard thing would have an end.
>mfw i knew someone like this
>i'm glad i hate everything yaoi related

>> No.8603725

>>8603722
>this tumblrtard thing
misogynistic fujoshits are older than tumblr, anon. at least as old as LiveJournal and MySpace. they are part of why fujoshi in general are stereotyped as being ashamed of female sexuality.

>> No.8603730

>>8603632
The more you are picky and being selective, also spot red flags, the more you can find a decent guy that doesn't mind lolita or other jfashions. The ones that despise these styles on a girl are basic bitches themselves (or love plain jane girls) or not having enough balls and they feel inferior if their gf dresses better or more attention grabbing than them.
Real men don't feel threatened by jfashions, rather appreciate and help their girl to maintain this style.

>> No.8603740

>>8603725
Good (??) to know. I believe fujoshit despise not only any female healthy sexuality (they are a shame for true lesbians out here) but other girls that are closer to them like friends, sisters, mothers, etc.The person i knew was into yaoishit, being into tomboy weeb mallgoth shit, wanting a more muscle/male body but not going FtM (????), changing her REAL first name not kidding!! I don't tell what name but it's very cringey, it seem a name from a yaoi series or male japanese name, she is white not asian and in her 20s. Also that person was in conflict with females a lot, treated me and other like utter crap, also hating "feminine" styles as lolita and feeling superior to others (girls?) because lolita or other feminine fashion styles are ugly or "stupid".
Man, i'm glad my other female friends are appreciative of feminine alt fashion and not liking yaoi. It seems yaoi creates monsters sometimes.

>> No.8603772

>Gain a lot of weight in my arms
>Started spinning poi for fun/exercise
>My arms are getting ripped

I'm so happy that I can start to fit into the dresses I want because they're not so tight in the back anymore.

>> No.8603795

>friend really likes taking photos of people
>she always insists to do it for me even though I like to take and edit my own pictures
>I look visibly awkward in every photo because I dread having no control over how ugly and fat I will look
>she uses a wide angle lens so my face looks even rounder and flatter than irl
>when she edits them she makes amateur editing mistakes
>she insists on no reshaping tools
>has a no photoshop motto even though I flat out insist on it
>still manages to mess up simple stuff
>when I post I think people believe this is my sloppy editing
>friends have flat out said it's unflattering
>on the most recent pic she put an actual divet in my face and made a duplicate laugh line somehow
>I know for sure I don't have this crap on my face irl
>can tell it's a clone stamp mistake but it's practically unfixable
>too late anyway because everyone has already seen it
>can't feel comfortable posting this picture beyond fb because I look atrocious
>her editing on her own photos is just as bad so she's not being malicious
>feel like it's not my place to do a harsh critique

She's a nice girl in all but I hate how she indadvertedly makes people look bad. I even brought my own camera once for her to use but she insisted on her own.

>> No.8603907

>>8603124

I will play devils advocate and say try, but be careful with weed. I've done plenty of drugs and will be the first to call out for legalization (of all of them) but weed is weirdly the one I think I would never go back to. It's great for distracting yourself, but eventually distraction becomes habit and familiarity breeds content. Over a period of years it went from turning bad days good to turning bad days into just days until all the days eventually began rolling into one and the time I should have spent enjoying myself slid out from under me, lost in a swirl of junk food and introspective distraction.

Some people are weed people, and that's great. But for me it felt like I was in a continual bubble; not totally disassociated but as though I had a couple of soft, foam cups continually enclosed over my ears. The renewed sense of immediate gratification I got from such basic things like music, food, vidya and anime was great and got me through the bad and boring days, but in the end it was like life on easymode. I prefer the extreme highs and lows of harder drugs because above all else they make me feel like I'm living in the present, not as though time is racing by while I sit back and watch it happen.

>> No.8603912

>>8603657
It sucks too when all your friends are deep into yaoi and you're the only one with straight ships. Makes you feel like everyone's secretly side-eyeing you.

>> No.8603913
File: 93 KB, 400x267, 1430797863875.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it really unusual for a 22yo to not have any real friends aside from my boyfriend?
I just saw a Kpop video on tumblr and it reminded me of one of my friends who was really hard into kpop who I haven't heard of in a long time. I suddenly feel a deep void because I failed to keep in contact with any of my friends and have nobody aside from my boyfriend to talk to.

Like, I always struggled with keeping friends, but since I'm working full-time I kinda stopped meeting any of them.
I even feel wearing and buying lolita is vain because I don't have friends to meet up with.
I kinda feel really lonely.

>> No.8603920

>>8603913
I've noticed it's becoming more common, but that's not a good thing.
Have you searched for a local comm?

>> No.8603922

>>8603912
Same here. I never was into yaoi because I think stories without girls are boring, I can empathize with girls way better. All of my friends were fujoshit and I was always the friend with straight ships.

>> No.8603923

>>8603922
I feel you so much anon. I never got into yaoi a lot even if I can enjoy the occasional ship. But yeah I can connect with female characters better and also indulgent self inserting is easier that way.

>> No.8603924

>>8603920
I have and there is one in my city, but they are a bunch of girls who are already a group of their own, a clique. I once passed them when they had a meet-up and they were passive and it was 40% boyfriends as well.

>> No.8603928

This obviously isn't the right thread to ask this but it's the only off topic thread on the front page atm so I might as well

If you're a newfag (post 2012) then don't even bother reading on, this isn't a question for you, you scum.

To oldfags:

Does anyone remember a tripfag called 'Princess Sevenleaf' or something like that posting here, on /cgl/, ever, at any point in time?

I've been here since Dec 2010 and I don't. Archives (which were created in June 2012 IIRC) also give zero hits.

I'm asking because it's an obnoxious shitposter on a different board and 'people' there say that she/he is from /cgl/.

>> No.8603929

>>8602273
No worries, anon. This happens to me, too. And I can't blame it on me being not charismatic, since I'm a well-performing salesperson. I've noticed that sometimes it's just being /too/ charismatic. A lot of people in the con scene spill their spaghetti everywhere or have some form of anxiety or something they put a lot of their issues on, so they typically get intimidated by people who are super outgoing/have certain body posture.

From me just being nice to people and outgoing, I've had people assume I'm stuck up, etc. I think a lot of it may just be lack of social skills on their part. Also, the majority of the con scene is like 13-16 so it's hard to make friends that aren't within that age group.

I'd be your friend.

>> No.8603938 [DELETED] 

>>8602021
>>waiting like 10 days for my next paycheck
You mean your welfare payment.

>> No.8603943

>>8603923
Yeah, self-inserting was so important for me in my weeb phase. I just didn't know what to do with these yaoi ships. My friend made me read some mangas and it always was like "one seme dude makes one uke dude realize he's gay". Wow, guys, boring. But straight ships always have interesting gals and I enjoy reading about them, playing out scenarios in my head. They are much better to look at as well, I like girls more aesthetic-wise.

I'm probably the only person on tumblr who's not interested in Free. I watched half of it and it got so boring, if they at least hat some girls in bathing suits.

>> No.8603949

>>8603913
I was the same way at 22. Now a few years later I have more friends than I know what to do with.. most of them come from the lolita comm but others are just people I've met. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry about it. Nothing is wrong with you, sometimes you just don't meet the right people for awhile.
For the lolita comm in your city, did you pass them in lolita? A lot of lolitas kinda ignore people in normalfag attire even if they seem to know what they're talking about. I would encourage you to check it out, if you're a good lolita the clique might not be so intimidating, you never know.

>> No.8603957 [DELETED] 

>>8602273
>Does anyone else feel like it's much harder for them to make friends in the cosplay community than it is for their other friends in it?
It's always hard for women to make friends with other women since the relationship is just so utterly meaningless at the end of the day.

>> No.8603968

>>8603928
I've been here since 2011 and can't say that I remember.
I think about that time, we were /soc/'s bitch? That tripfag might've been one of the many that migrated from /soc/, hence why they're hard to remember.
Plus if they were from /cgl/, does it even matter 3+ years later?

>> No.8603989

>making accessories for ouji coord
>coming out of a long depression
>trying to shut people out less to avoid further isolation
>visit family, they ask what i've been up to
>decide to share my DIY progress with them
>sperg out about my plans to learn resin doming
>they don't get why i would want to wear jewelry much less make it
>i spaghetti through an explanation of japanese street fashion
>they ask point-blank if i'm gay

is it weird to feel like you have to keep educating people around you to have even a small chance of being able to relate? whenever i see them i feel like a foreign exchange student, and i grew up with them...

>> No.8603991 [DELETED] 
File: 6 KB, 478x373, bait.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8603957
oh sweet anon

>> No.8603992
File: 492 KB, 500x252, 3_30.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>test for a job is tomorrow
>need to know 246 American cities and three letter acronyms for related job organizations in order to pass with at least 90% accuracy
>I'm horrible at memorization and I only know the most popular ones
>living at home while unemployed
>the 'house' parents are renting is literally only three rooms, and no bigger
>retired mom just got a job at Wal Mart for extra income
>she's like almost 60
>her landwhale coworker who is early 20s and her two year old wants to "hang out" with my mom
>mom didn't want to but is a doormat
>pretty sure the only reason why a young mom would want to hang around my mom is for scouting a potential babysitting source
>because what else do they seriously have in common?
>fucknobitch.jpg
>besides the point, they're making a shit ton of noise while I try to study and eating our food
>"HURR HURR SHOW ME YER BELLY WHAR UR EYES NOW GO WATCH PEPPA PIG XD"
>landwhale gives her child the smartphone
>on our network
>loud oink oink and nursery rhyme noises
>kid knows YouTube like the back of his ass
>Wal Mart gossip
>my fucking face when I have no fucking patience for this

OH MY FUCK, what would have been hard about meeting up at a Starbucks or some shit?

>> No.8604002 [DELETED] 

>>8603991
Well I guess even your F/F relationships mean a lot to you when it's your only friend ever kek

>> No.8604009

One of my best friends is annoying me because she wants me to design two tattoos for her for free. She keeps bothering me to work on it because omg besties but I have other things to do and she won't let up.

And for cgl related feels
> see all these pics of lolitas at conventions
> it looks so fun
> can't go to anything because broke
> it's okay brand, just sit there and rot like always.

>> No.8604055

>>8603989
Don't feel bad , the generation gap isn't your fault anon.
I know a friend with a traditional asian family and he crossplays and has to keep it a secret from them, ouji is so much less of a difficult one to explain! But he still does what he loves because it's his favourite thing and you have to be true to yourself. Maybe try a sort of historical angle? Old people like that right?
Also, the world is in dire need of oujis, especially male oujis! I look forward to seeing some of your jewellery in the threads.

>> No.8604061

>>8603992
>what would have been hard about meeting up at a Starbucks

The landwhale would have needed to buy her own food then, anon. Can't have that!

>> No.8604066

>>8602371
Link?

>> No.8604070

>tfw genuinely worried that I'm developing a shopping addiction
>have always laughed at cgls saying they have this problem
>literally not even wearing or using the things I buy, but buying more

>>8603992
Maybe you should go study at Starbucks if it's better than not getting anything done at home

>>8604009
Doesn't sound like the best friend ever, do you have any of those acquaintances that think that they're hot shit, but still draw at high school level? The types that post terrible fanart all over facebook. You should direct her to one of those.

>> No.8604087

>>8604055

Traditional Asian family is worst for the Chinese. This is because China used to have a one child policy, so your parents automatically have no choice but to demand you be normal because anything else is subversive and risky... and if you only have one kid, you don't want him / her taking risks because you can't afford to lose.

With Japanese, Korean, or Taiwanese parents, they'll still be deeply ashamed if you don't have an upstanding job in some big firm, but at the end of the day, they'll be like "whatever, we've still got your older brother." But with Chinese parents, you're far more likely to be tiger mom'd back in line.

>> No.8604097

>>8602748
Oh no :( My hamster had stomach cancer so I know how hard it can be :( My heart and thoughts goes out to you and your little one <3

>> No.8604137

>>8602195
Get a PO box, duh.

>> No.8604138

>older sister is a friendless loser that married her first bf she met at 23
>probably will end up the same
o-only one year to go

>> No.8604151

>>8603943
I kind of forced myself to like it for a bit but at the end of the day I just generally prefer straight ships. I don't always like the degree of how they seem to treat it as a fetish while at the same time denying it's a fetish.
I don't know I guess I"m not a very openly sexual person either (as in I don't talk about it. people think I'm prude just because of that).

Free was okay for the parts I watched, yet in the end the only two characters I liked together was a straight ship.

>> No.8604179

>going to first meet this weekend
>pretty excited
>go to bathroom after class today
>blood in underwear
>wtf
>im on birth control and my package hasnt ended yet, and ive been taking them correctly
>no blood other than in underwear though
>go home
>immediately fall asleep
>in weird sort of sleep where you have trouble physically moving to wake up
>tummy pains, like pre-period cramps
>google keeps trying to tell me im having a miscarriage
>tfw becoming convinced i am
>halp

>> No.8604184

>>8604179
Don't worry anon, my birth control does this to me too sometimes. You're not having a miscarriage...

>> No.8604194

>>8604184
Logically, i know that. But my irrational mind loves to jump to the most insane conclusion.

>> No.8604209

>>8604179
>>8604184
What might be happening is that the first two weeks use a certain hormone to build up the uterine lining. The third week is the hormone that sustains it, so if the hormone in week three is too weak for you, you start spotting. Happened to my friend a lot when she was on BC and her doctor would just keep switching her without explaining the mechanisms of the pill.

>> No.8604224

>>8604209
Ive been on it for almost 3 years though...
I recently went off it for a bit at the end of July and then back on in the beginning of August if that still makes sense?

>> No.8604239

>>8604151
KouxMakoto ftw

>> No.8604257

>>8604239
Not that anon but ReixGou was my Free OTP. MakotoxGou is pretty top tier tho.

>> No.8604263

>>8604239
>>8604257
I bet tumblr would take you spart for this

>> No.8604265

>>8604263
does it look like i give a fuck

>> No.8604269

>>8604263
Fuck what tumblr thinks.

>> No.8604279

>>8603943
Free is to us fujoshits as I would imagine one of those moe idol shows are to neckbeard fedoras. Literally every male free character was some horrible stereotype stuffed into a Speedo; none of them acted like real guys (regardless of sexual orientation) in the least, yet none of them were over the top enough to be funny or entertaining... All their personalities were in the uncanny valley, and that really turned me off. And if I wanted to mire slightly homo muscle guys, I could just browse /fit/

I dunno, yaoi is really only good in doujins.

>> No.8604287 [DELETED] 

>>8604002
>baiting this hard
kek

>> No.8604290

>>8604263
Fuck those guys. I don't have a problem with fujos unless they're obnoxious and act like hetero pairings are disgusting.

>> No.8604291

>>8604257
>>8604239
>Not SeixGou
What the fuck, guys.

>> No.8604304

>>8604291
>SeixGou

This anon gets it.
It made me realize how much I want an anime for a pairing like this. They're cute as fuck.

>> No.8604306

>>8604070
She is a really good friend. We've been through a lot together. It's just that non artists really seem to get entitled over art. I'm not sure why this is but it always seems to happen. My family does the same thing.

>OH ANON YOUR COUSIN GRADUATED PLEASE DRAW HIM A CARD
>OH ANON PLEASE MAKE ME A PAINTING FOR THE LIVING ROOM
>I hate painting.

>> No.8604319
File: 299 KB, 500x340, and the seagull votes no.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8604306
I made one painting for my mom and now she expects me to use up these other 3 canvases on stuff for her.
Do not do art favors, unless it's for friends who otherwise understand your daily life.

>> No.8604368

>>8603913
I feel more unusual than you because i have the opposite problem, friends (well not many) but i struggle to find a bf, never had a long term relationship in my mid 20s. I don't think i'm that ugly, i dress lolita and usually good if not lolita, not being psycho, it's just i have shit skills about socialising and being a bit picky, i mean learning to weed out creepos, uncompatible dudes or weirdos, i don't want to end in an abusive relationship or in another undesirable condition.
Infact i find a bit odd when someone cannot find friends but have a SO because i have limited social skills or occasions. I don't go out much too.
The only thing i suggest to you is to find a niche, be lolita, anime, jmusic, whatever and bond friendship here. I did friends with having common interests like lolita. If i succeded to find friends, you would do it as well, good luck anon!
>>8603922
Me too, i love stories where there is a girl especially if she is a strong character. I have mainly hetero or yuri pairings in my liking.

>> No.8604454

I know there's always someone talking about offing themselves in these threads, I'm sorry adding onto the pile. It's sort of lolita related, I'm planning a spreadsheet of my wardrobe's values to help my family sell it off.

A year or so ago, I posted in one of these threads that I was considering killing myself. I needed to get it out, to just left off steam. I had no one to tell irl. I decided to get professional help because I was/still am willing to try anything. It hasn't helped much and I will soon be too old to use my parent's insurance to continue going.
So what doing is working on a plan similar to people making 1-5 year plans for their lives. I have included many "safety nets" in place to stop myself from actually doing it and hopefully having my life improve in the meantime. For example, one of my requirements is that my dog must pass before I do so she won't mourn. Another of my requirements is that I have all my affairs in order. Included in this is a way for my parents to get rid of my stuff. Most of my valuable possessions are lolita clothes. Like I mentioned above, I'm going to make a spreadsheet with values I paid, ranges of what they sold for in the past, places they can be listed, etc.. There is one concern about this though. The way I chose to go is set up to look like an accident so my parent's can hopefully get life insurance money. I haven't researched it thoroughly yet so I could be wrong about this. If I leave this spreadsheet or any notes behind, I'm scared it will ruin that plan.
In case anyone is curious, my parents have always obsessed about money. We didn't have a lot when I was growing up, so I want them to have something in return for the 20 or so years they wasted on me.

>> No.8604463

>>8604454
I have to keep booking reservations for conventions, usually including friends, to keep me motivated to go on. A few years barely even my favorite conventions could motivate me to continue. I just don't want to let my friends down. Seeing certain people at the events helps, too since my friends are scattered across the US and Canada.

>> No.8604481
File: 46 KB, 720x475, Screenshot_2015-09-04-09-07-57~2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Mfw all this Halloween stuff coming out.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

I'm collecting stuff to make a New Halloween/witch coord this year. Buying new stuff for my Nightmare. Before Christmas collection.

Also buying and making stuff to send to a long term friend I met through the cosplay community. I just wish she didn't live 2,500 miles away.

>> No.8604487

>>8603949
>>8603913

i'm 21, and have to leave college (aka the mecca of finding friends or anybody). i feel like this too. and frequently miss people i used to be friends with. regardless if i fucked it up or they did. it was nice having other people you just clicked with and could hang out with easily. or had the same interests. my boyfriend is very different from me.

i really miss my old friends. i tried reaching out to people before and, well, it wasnt taken nicely.

>> No.8604489

>>8604454
Keeping an account of the values of your possessions is not something that should be considered an "at risk" behavior or anything, it is just so that you know the current value if the house burns down or something like that.
But you should make sure you're not logged in to your email or checking this on Chrome because that shit is logged.

>> No.8604538

~not /cgl/ related~
>I finally have health insurance that covers specialists
>I've been terrified to go to the dr because I found a lump in my breast
>it's cancerous
>I'm 25
>I've lost all motivation to live

>> No.8604546 [DELETED] 

>>8604538
Tits or gtfo.

>> No.8604549

>>8604546
Wrong board fool

>> No.8604570

>>8604549
I just wanted to see your lump, your lump, your lump, your lump, your lump. Your lump, your lump, your lump, your lovely little lumps (Check it out).

>> No.8604684

>constantly stirring the pot on cgl
>post shit about my comm/ events to trigger drama
>50% total lies, 50% actual true gossip
>other people getting blamed for what I'm doing
>start doing similar stuff IRL
>do it at work to cause arguments
>nobody suspects it's
>come to me for help/ advice instead

I dunno why I'm even doing this. I could almost definitely lose my job and all my friends if I get found out, and it isn't even that fun. I'm just bored.

>> No.8604685

>>8604538
I can relate, i guess.
>Severely injured spinal cord
>had an unsuccesfull operation
>been on downward spiral from there
>barely could walk
>can't work the job i studied for 6 years because of this
>almost given up on myself and my life
>finally got better after 2 years of hell, at least i can walk and even run a little again
>doctor started to suspect bone cancer
>thankfully it was a false alarm, but i got other bone problems now
I don't know what to say, but i hope you gonna be okay, anon. Even cancerous, it still not the end, you can be fixed with chemotherapy and other stuff. Stay strong.

>> No.8604711

>have weird anxiety about buying anything
>takes a long time to ever buy something I really need
>want to buy lolita
>constantly get things into the cart
>mfw price over $20
>wtf brain you can't buy shit for under $20
>why would you expect that
>you saw the price before you put it in your cart
>you have the money
>you can't even buy normie clothes for under $20, let alone a small production of a niche fashion
>oh that's right
>don't even buy normie clothes
>damn you brain
>would just like one day in pretty dresses
>forever a nolita

>> No.8604716

I have this weird desire to dress in ouji so I can kabe-don lolitas and make them swoon
>inb4 back2/r9k/, I'm female

>> No.8604731
File: 361 KB, 1097x720, 1408562850810.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8604684
I don't understand people like you.

>> No.8604744
File: 293 KB, 383x502, 1366157622504.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8603992
Well, all I managed to accomplish tonight was making the flashcards and knowing some of the bigger cities. I'm gonna wake up at 6 tomorrow, get ready, and then do a five hour power study session before I have to leave.

I figure if I can't learn shit in five hours, then I was gonna be fucked either way even if I had studied for an hour for the past five days. Who knows, maybe I might haul ass better under pressure.

If not and I flunk, then I guess I'm funemployed once again and I'll have the free time and money to go to a convention in October if I start donating blood plasma the very next day twice a week.
>tfw I wish something I did mattered

>> No.8604752

>>8604711
Lolita actually got me over this. Now I buy higher quality clothing in smaller quantities instead of fast fashion shit, and I don't feel bad about it. Clothing used to cost a LOT, 100 years ago or even in the earlier half of the 20th century clothing would be a sizeable portion of our income, and you would repair it and it would last. It's weirder that people expect shit to be dirt cheap now days, and it's why there are problems with exploited labor, etc.

>> No.8604756

>>8604684
Consider seeing a therapist. Even if there is no root cause and it's just your personality, therapists can give you strategies to help curb destructive behavior.

>> No.8604757

>>8602195
Have your stuff sent to a close friend's house! I sometimes like to order hentai stuff and I just get it sent to my bf's house so that my parents don't open my package or anything.

>> No.8604760

>>8604684
Mfw I'm the exact same as you

I start shit on /cgl/, at cons, and at work so much. I don't even know why I do it-- it's just so entertaining to set a spark then fan the flames.

>> No.8604761

>>8604744
I've been in this situation before. The last time I had an extremely difficult and long final exam was the day the shit hit the fan in the house (loud screaming etc).

All I can say is either,
- Study in a library (depending on where you are, some have late hours)
- Get noise cancelling headphones and blast music. Instrumental music shouldn't interfere with studying.

>> No.8604832

>>8603249
I'm a fujoshit that otp's Riku and Sora and hates Kairi too, but I dislike her for reasons other than getting in the way of them. Believe it or not, there can be other reasons to dislike her.
With that said, it was pretty shitty of them to dismiss you like that, but then
>and her girlfriend
might have kind of been asking for it.
plus, I can imagine it'd be awkward to have a mutual friend who both characters can be shipped with tagging along when you're couples cosplaying regardless of the pairing. I mean, if it were me, it'd be like I was tagging along on a date or something, and that's not fun.

>> No.8604852

>>8604752
Same anon, I don't buy anything really, not just clothing. And when I go to buy clothing, I think the exact same point you make about exploited workers. So even if I find something cheap, I put it down because I don't want to fund people sewing until their fingers bleed in cramped conditions. Then I wander over into higher-class stores and don't even pick anything up because the price tags give me heart attacks. :(

I am fashionable solely through the fact my family gives me clothes for christmas and they have good taste lol.

>> No.8605055
File: 41 KB, 500x461, 10403713_1476227739294975_3038450472823383936_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>attended a big Lolita event recently
>didn't really know anyone there, ecxept for my two friends
>friends volunteered/were part of the staff so for most of the time I was alone
>fine, whatever, I can do this!

>go around, try to talk to people, compliment their coords, etc
>I try to keep my spaghettis in my pockets
>asking some people for pictures when they wear a beautiful coord or interesting headpiece
>try to make conversation

>no one was really interested in talking to me
>no one complimented my coord
>no one asked for my picture
>just spend the rest of my day awkwardly tagging o my busy friends and spending all the money at the shopping venue

I don't even think I looked that bad, but my coord was no match to all the super OTT stuff with/or popular prints, and most people would rather talk to their friends than an somewhat akward stranger. I-i just wanted to be nice, and get a tiny bit of attention ;_;

>> No.8605070

>>8605055
bet ur ugly and fat

>> No.8605118

>Buys a fully shirred dress
>Yay my boobs will fit without putting on a minimizer
>Puts on my best fitted bra
>MFW when I see they look so damn round under the blouse and jsk
>cries

I hate wearing a minimizer but sigh, can't do anything about it being in lolita.

>> No.8605125

>>8605118
Put a bolero over it. In 9 out of 10 cases I find boleros or cardigans to be incredibly helpful with such situations.

>> No.8605126

>>8605118
Round is a good thing, means you're not boob loafed. Mine always look round if the dress fits since I have a larger cup size/ small ribcage. Can't do anything about it.

>> No.8605241

When you can only shop online, freak out and order 3 different brown shoes and 3 different brown purses because you don't know which will match.

>> No.8605242

>>8605126
I'm the opposite. Large ribcage, small boobs, barrel chested petite, fml.

>> No.8605251

>>8604852
And your family of course only buys fair trade clothes.
Srsly with this kind of thought you shouldn't even be using the computer you used to type this because it's also not fair trade. Just enjoy life and be happy you're born in a first world country.

>> No.8605252

>>8605126
I would of thought that it would look better looking flat, I didn't know that all.
>>8605125
Gonna try that. Thanks for the suggestion

>> No.8605285

>>8605070
Seconded.

>> No.8605322

That feel when I found out my girlfriend is cucking me with another Redditor in polyamory.

I should hve just agreed with her when she said she wants a polygamous relationship. Ach, mein Herz!!

>> No.8605496

>>8605242
So you're fat AND flat?

I'd kill myself fam.

>> No.8605522

>>8605242
Id let you use a strap-on on me but thats about it. Also only doggy.

>> No.8605530

I feel so bad about the Syrian refugees living in poverty and constant oppression in concentration camps in Hungry

do you think sending them my lolita dresses that I no longer use would help cheer them up??

>> No.8605534

>>8605530
Send them to me. I have a fetish for masturbating in others frills.

>> No.8605541

>>8605534
Sounds like something a cis white male would say.

>> No.8605545

>>8604319
It's very frustrating at the moment because I am in the middle of moving. My life is a sea of boxes, stop asking about your tattoos. Doesn't help that I have commissions to do because I need money and I'm sorry, those come first because I am otherwise unemployed at the moment.

>> No.8605587

>>8605496
>assume everyone is fat to feel better
No. Not fat. All of 110lbs soaking wet, a large rib-cage, as in my bones shape you autist. suck on my 25 inch waist and kill yourself anyways.

>> No.8605622

>>8605530
>in concentration camps in Hungry
>topkek

Seriously though, can you just imagine some random Syrian refugee wearing an AP dress?

>> No.8605693

>>8604760
sociopathic tendencies tbh

>> No.8605705

>>8604224
My sister and I have both experienced something similar with our BCs after several years of no problems, and both our gynos just kinda shrugged and said that it's pretty normal for periods to become really irregular while on BC.
My sister is gay so it's definitely not pregnancy/miscarriage related. I do always end up doing a pregnancy test whenever I start getting weird symptoms though but it always comes back negative.
I guess hormonal BC just is weird like that.

>> No.8605752

>>8605242
Are you me?
>my breasts are non existing
>I'm long and lanky everywhere except my torso
>tfw backfat
>tfw even in tight shirts I look heavy
>tfw I'm not even fat

>> No.8605754

>>8604760
>>8604684

I hope one of you is a girl so I can breed with you for I am the same but also a boy, tee hee.

>> No.8605758

>>8605496
>>8605587

These girl boards are scary I tell you what

>> No.8605759

>be me
>have a decent amount of money saved up for fun stuff or shopping
>get into lolita, start putting together baby's first taobao order
>two dresses, three blouses, several pairs of tights
>Trying to see if anything else interests me before I begin the order process through my SS
>realize I have a large $500+ yearly bill coming up this month
>It's probably fine, I budgeted for this
>can't stop worrying that somehow SOMETHING is going to go wrong and this $250 taobao order is going to ruin me
I wish I could just stop worrying about it

>> No.8605760

>>8605752
>>tfw I'm not even fat
Suuuuuuure.

>> No.8605769

>>8605752
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't actually a huge fattychan in denial here, but toning up will help that hugely.
Just get some simple exercises from fit.

>> No.8605776

>>8605759
you will be fine anon. focus on the moment, not the future.

>> No.8605784

>>8605252
It's just you're not used to seeing it in lolita as dresses often give a loaf (iw jsks), or are otherwise worn by flat girls. But yeah boleros are always a good option. Despite my cups I'm still pretty 'small' so I'm not stretching fully shirred pieces to the max, but I do know they are pretty much always unflattering if you're larger.

>> No.8605790

>>8605252
I had this oldschool sweet snap of a board flat girl in full shirring and it looked horrid. Definitely better with a bit of bust definition.

>> No.8605794

>>8605769
Um, no, getting /fit/ is misogyny for women. Only guys should do that and afterwards date me the way I am.

#fatacceptance

>> No.8605807

>>8605322
Anon, she asked for polygamous relationship and you said no. Then she picked up another guy anyway.

That's not a relationship, she's just trying to justify having more guys without caring about your feelings. You should consider dumping her for going behind you like that. There is no trust here.

>> No.8605814

>>8605807
>replying to bait

>> No.8605819

>>8605814
This. Anon here is a Reddit cuck in polyamory himself, so he knows when ppl are making fun of him.

>> No.8605863

>used to be chubby but pretty ok with it, fat distribution pretty even so it's good
>proceed to loose 10kg+ to fit better in general j-fashion and cause mama told me
>pear shaped
>now each of my thigh is literally as large as my waist (~23inch)
>short so look chubby whatev the heck I might do, can't wear flats or I look like a stompy troll.
>can't loose more weight really, already gained a lot of muscle from exercising 3x a week plus daily walking
>bones are starting to show hard on my upper body
>still thunderthigh-ed, still can't look slander and elegant
>my only solution is literally to starve myself until all my muscles and fat melt off, or to go under surgery
>neither of them are healthy given how weight-obsessed I became, I very afraid of getting surgery addicted since I nitpick my self so hard.
>thanks mom for projecting your unrealistically caucasian body image on your half black daughter, thanks the Internet for telling me I was fat, thanks myself for being such a loser.

>> No.8605872

>>8605863
No, thank black women for being so fucking undesirable to black men that your black dad had to seek a white woman instead.

Everything bad about American society stems from black 'women' but then again, the reason they became such beasts in the first place is because of white women telling them that they don't need no baby daddy, they just need welfare.

>> No.8605875

>>8605872
And of course the world fucking revolves around Amerifat, that's why you're assuming I'm one of yours.

>> No.8605876

>>8605863
She told you to lose 20lbs because you were overweight, how is it her fault that your body type is that way? How did she project an "unrealistic" body image on you by suggesting you lose weight?

>> No.8605883

>>8605875
Oh well if you're UKwandan then you're gonna have much worse problems than your weight. Enjoy mandatory Sharia law.

>> No.8605884

>>8605876
Well, telling me so wasn't the exact term but I'd rather not go in details on how she when batshit insane about my diet, constantly trying to spy on me through my roommate and her family and kept only talking about my weight while offering me clothes that would have never fit my general body shape because of how large my hips are anyway. She kept all of them for herself, and weirdly enough they do fit her perfectly.

>> No.8605887

>>8605863
>tiny waist
>thunder thighs

anon i know this may not help, but that is a fucking sexy combination for a lot of people, myself included. that won't make it easier for you to fit into jfash but i hope you find a way to flatter your natural shape in a way that feels good for you.

>> No.8605946

>>8605760
I'm 130 5'6?? I can even be 125 on a good day
>>8605769
Yea I know. I think my body can get to a nice long and lean physique. I want to start doing cardio at least but I'm afraid to go running in my neighborhood. I feel like I run wrong and I don't want people I know to see me. I'll do it, though ~eventually~

>> No.8605953

>has managed to obtain one of the holy grails of lolita for an amazing price
>it's not my holy grail but definitely the holy grail of many
>still pretty satisfied because now this means I can probably trade it for anything on my wishlist
>but will probably wear it once and never again
Gulls, if you have a $1000+ dress (like Cat's Tea Party, Puppet Circus, etc.) and you didn't particularly want to keep it for long, what would you do with it? I'm curious as to what my other options could be, other than selling it. Or what kind of trades I could get for one.

>> No.8605955

>>8605953
make a cool coord. take good photos. become part of the dress's legacy.

>> No.8605970

>>8605955
that i'm definitely going to do (at least once) before i give it up.

>> No.8606062

How the fuck do I make weaboo friends.

I just want some friends who are into anime and cosplay god damn it, but everyone is either an underage shounen fag who's barely into anime beyond watching random crap on youtube.

Fucking, I just want some friends to go to cons with and I literally have no idea what to do.

>> No.8606077

>>8604538
I hope you get better anon. Don't let the cancer win you, so keep going. But early treatment can save you so hopefully you take advantage of it.

>> No.8606103

>Being a guest at local con
>Done it before at cons a few hours away
>Find out my parents who are kinda nerdy are going. (They've not been in the same room for 8 years and this is what does it. ffs)
>Teachers, normie friends, so many people I know
>Now they're going to see the cosplay version of me.
>Oh lord no.
>They're going to have so many questions.
>Going to be announced as a guest tomorrow
>Hides under duvet from so many normie questions and reactions from people I know.

Most know I cosplay and do guest jobs and stuff. But when I'm a guest I change the way I act without thinking. I'm nicer, less sarcastic and just act different, I even use a slightly different voice to hide my accent and sound posher.

I'm still essentially the same person, just the more publicly acceptable version. None of my cos-friends have called me up on it before.

I feel like they're going to turn and up and just be like "awww look at you, you're doing well, hows your family, remember xyz childhood thing?"

>> No.8606247

School started two weeks ago, and it's really draining me. Between my part time job and classes, I'm getting home between 8-10:30 every night, and I have to wake up at 6:30 every day. I missed a bunch of items I wanted on Closet Child because I rarely have time to spend online anymore.
All of this is just really making me wonder why I even have all of this frilly shit if I'm too busy or tired to ever really wear it.

>> No.8606271

>>8606062
Don't get weaboo friends. Don't. Get. Weaboo. Friends.

Instead, make normie friends and get them interested in anime. This is easier than it seems, because awkward things are in style and there are a lot more closeted weebs. Having casual fun with normies is miles better than whatever those cringey fucks are doing. If you get lucky, you'll get someone who's super into it after you introduce them.

Be the change you wish to see in the world, anon.

>> No.8606395

>always had shitty boobs
>got granny tits when I hit puberty
>lost 40lbs, they got even worse
>wear a pushup bra so blouses never fit right
>looks like I have constant boobloaf in JSKs
>uncle living with us for the past 6 months and I now have to wear a bra around the house
>only take it off to shower and sleep
>he left on vacation, sweet sweet freedom for the girls
>take off bra, pass mirror walking out of room
>fucking shit they're even saggier now

fucking why, nature. I can do some exercises to get some muscle mass back and help perk them up but fuck it, I need a boob lift. rip lolita money for the next two years.

>> No.8606438

>>8606395
>always had shitty boobs
>got granny tits when I hit puberty

What did you have before puberty?

>> No.8606440

>>8606438
Tentacles.
I mean that I've always had bad tits even when I first got them. Fat kid + Puberty = sad days for eternity.

>> No.8606445

>feel like lolita coordinate feedback has been terrible lately
>remember people readily giving out advice and helpful critique
>now it's like everyone is competitive and doesn't want anyone else to be better
>mfw no face
Anyone else notice this trend recently? What the fuck?

>> No.8606463

>Mom and I finally going to move out neighborhood we hate
>Get an apartment to own in a building
>Not ideal but better than throwing away money on rent.
>Fix up the place nice with money borrowed from grandpa.
>We will just get a loan to pay back grandpa and it will still be cheaper than where we are now
>Loan application goes through except the building board needs to sign off on it
>They refuse
>Stuck owing a bunch of people money that we have no way to get quickly
>I will probably have to sell off all my lolita in order to even make a dent.

It's really my mom that screwed up since I had no say in how anything was done but selling my items is going to be the only way I can help at all.

>I had several dream dresses I will probably never be able to get again
>fml

>> No.8606471

>>8605251

It's not the fair trade part that gets me, it's the price tag on anything. It could be handmade by my best friend out of things they pulled from their garden and plucked from rainbows, but if it's over a certain price point I get panicky even thinking about buying it.

I dunno, it's just a weird thing I'll have to work through.

PS- anyone else feel like alt fashions really call to people who have issues in their lives? Because I notice a lot of other folks tend to use lolita or other styles as crutches as well. Not all of them of course! But it seems like these feels threads always bring out people with problems as "weird" as mine. Not to call others weird! But I feel pretty weird. :X Idk how to sensitively put that...just assume no offense meant, sorry! >_<

>> No.8606493

>had great time at regalia
>bought a lot of stuff
>feet hurt, think nothing of it
>get home and get shoes off
>horrified to find large areas of skin fallen off
>actually have a hole in my flesh

Get told at the doctors that I need to stay off my feet for a month so they can heal, all due to a side effect of my medicine. I don't know if I'll be able to wear any lolita shoes for a while after out of fear it will happen again

>> No.8606499

>>8606445
here or elsewhere?

>> No.8606503

>>8606493
yiiikes, anon. I can kinda relate, I was walking around a con in lolita shoes I'd just bought and didn't notice my feet hurting until I got back to the hotel 12hrs later, turns out my shoes a cut the back of my ankle deeply and I had bled all over my tights. Luckily you could only see it when my shoes were off. 3 months later it's still healing.

>> No.8606513

>>8606499
Here, CoF. I guess the uncensored page is helpful but it kind of sucks how people have to outright beg for tips in order to catch any attention.
I just don't remember it being that way.

>> No.8606514

>>8606493
>Broke my toenail in January
>In february it started to go ingrown
>Been to docs to try and get it fixed
>Doc refused to send me to specialist
>thanx doc
>Not been able to be on my feet for more than one hour all way
>Only JUST starting to be okay to walk on.
>Hoping it'll be okay for MCM as it's ruined all cons meets and things for me this year, I had to leave regalia early because of it.

>> No.8606526

>>8606513
the anti-bullying sentiment makes people scared to be honest, and has created a mentality where lolitas have two modes: sickly sweet in public, spitefully salty in private/on /cgl/.

the CoF thread often has good concrit, but it is never directed at the person in the photo, even when the person has asked for concrit. lolitas have become cowardly and avoid direct interaction that doesn't boost their image.

>> No.8606537

>>8606526
>the CoF thread often has good concrit, but it is never directed at the person in the photo

True, but to be fair, I've seen the individuals in the photos come to respond to the critique on cgl and get torn apart by other anons, even if they weren't being whiney or arrogant. And so help them if they like something about their coord but one anon doesn't. I think for that reason people have been scared into thinking it's better to not interact on cgl.

>> No.8606540

>>8605752
Your feels, I feel them. And people always ask why I think boobs are a big deal.
>girls can get away with being a little fat if they have nice boobs, get called plump
>get talked to like a dog, not a woman, even on here for admitting little boobs
>everyone raves over nice sweater puppies
Gee, I wonder why.
Wish i could just break my whole rib cage and let it heal back at least an inch smaller, then you could see the inch that my boobs stick out.

>> No.8606549
File: 126 KB, 750x1000, 1363722648667.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8602010
Basically reposting this from /r9k/ but
>be trap/trans
>tfw no qt female friend to teach me how to be a girl
>no feminine friendo to teach me about makeup, hair, voice, mannerisms, fashion etc.
>forever doomed to lurk /cgl/ and envy cute cosplay

>> No.8606551

>>8606549
Got a throwaway email? I can be a skype buddy to help you out.

>> No.8606554

>>8606551
verily178@gmail.com

>> No.8606562

>>8606554
Check your inbox

>> No.8606567

>post photo to CoF
>got only one piece of concrit

Then I see people asking for concrit and they never get it, but once it's on here, there's concrit galore. If you have concrit or advice, just say it!

>> No.8606568

>>8606567
lolitas are cowards tbh

>> No.8606579

>is a very small girl
>built like a child
>wants to cosplay "sexier" characters
>has no boobs
>no butt
>welp guess it's Disney characters for life

>> No.8606768

>>8606579
Etna from Disgaea

>> No.8606776

>>8606579
Do you not watch anime? There are tons of scantily clad "sexy" loli characters these days. For easymode guaranteed attention there's always Shinakaze.

>> No.8606788

>>8606776
shimakaze is the dark side don't do it

>> No.8606815

>in the 14 cons I've been to, I've had fun at maybe 2 of them
>usually caused by abysmal company which either devolved to intense drama or intense social awkwardness in our group
>miraculously found 2 great guys to go to the biggest con nearby with this year
>been planning out our costume as a group, never actually gotten to do this before and it feels amazing since I go hard into cosplaying
>suddenly one guy (my closest friend) can't feasibly go due to random family emergencies
>the other guy has apparently just been inviting the abysmal company that ruined my con experiences the past few years to room with us, can't say much since it's his room
>just don't even want to go now
>already bought most of the costume supplies and have some of the work done

This is straight out of a bad sitcom, I swear to God. How does one find cosplayer friends that both care about their costumes and aren't total drags at the con?

>> No.8606907

> join casual jogging group
> burando's getting a bit snug
> meet new people
> get in some exercise
> become good friends with one girl in particular
> "Hey anon lets meet for a coffee sometime"
> make arrangements to meet up at some cafe a rather
> wear casual co-ord
> just a cute floral print jsk, blouse, beret and cardigan
> no petti
> ballet flats
> only ever worn exercise clothes around friend before
> " Wow anon you look so different! I didn't even know it was you at first! Do you always dress like this?"
> "Oh it's just a street fashion trend I love"
> try to make conversation over coffee
> friend keeps coming back to my clothes
> "I wouldn't have even known you if we passed on the street, you're just so different"
> every second word it's how different I look
> how she never would have known it was me
> she never would have picked me as the girly type
> she's obviously weirded out
> was really hoping to build new friendships

>> No.8606912

>>8606567
you want hugs; Cof you want concrit; CGL
at least we're honest

>> No.8606918

>>8606907
Convert her

>> No.8606937

I am happy and thankful that I can go to conventions and travel as much as I do. Deep down, I wish I had someone to share it with who was as excited about it as I am.

I usually room with friends but we all split up and do our own things. The last event I went to, everyone was off doing things with their friends and I was left all alone. Ended up laying down in the hotel room for awhile.

>> No.8606949

>>8606815
Did you talk to the guy you are sharing the room with? If you are paying you get a say on who you are willing to room with, also if this guy wasn't aware of how drama-licious those people are he might thank you for letting him know ahead of time. If he doesn't care, find another room and make new friends.

It's really shitty of that guy to just invite more people into the room without discussing it with you first imo, even if it IS his name on the room. You don't just say "SURPRISE, more people are coming!"

>> No.8606988 [DELETED] 

>>8606549
You shouldn't get a "qt female friend" to "teach you how to be a girl" (as if it isn't just you wanting to use your currently socially acceptable mental disorder to do what you could never do as a male because you're too disgusting and fat for that).

I recommend that instead you seek therapy to get rid of your mental illness before you kill yourself. I don't care about your life but since you're a male (and will forever be a male) you are still going to kill yourself in some destructive fashion that is hard to clean up for the poor normal people who are gonna have to do it.

>> No.8607004 [DELETED] 

>>8606988
actually "trans" people are in the wrong because they are treating it as if they're a special case when in fact gender itself is a social construct and by identifying themselves as "trans" they are directly supporting the patriarchal notion of binary genders

>> No.8607207
File: 16 KB, 236x123, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hate how I get so damn paranoid whenever I'm in lolita by myself in public. I always feel like everyone is out to get me whenever I'm in lolita. Then, it leads to my anxiety building up to the point where I don't even enjoy being outside, and I'd rather be inside. I rarely get any negativity, either - I actually get a lot of compliments whenever I wear lolita, and sometimes, people actually recognize the fashion in a positive light. I really need to stop psyching myself out like this, because it really drains my energy a lot.

>> No.8607236

>>8603929
oh ho ho I know that feeling well
I can't tell you how many people have assumed I'm a jerk because of their own insecurities. I mean you can't really force people to be your friend, but just being kind and patient goes a long way. May take a while but don't all friendships?

>> No.8607242

>>8606815
It's hard, anon. I feel like a lot of cosplayers are kind of drags. My friends all dress like normies but go to cons because they're fun, sometimes I can drag them into cosplaying with me, and they have fun with that, too.

>> No.8607298

tfw no gf

>> No.8607331
File: 356 KB, 696x325, 1386004338548.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not really cgl, but still

>love to draw
>but not really confident about it or productive
>get an offer to join a huge art project
>know in my tiny bitter heart that i will never get over my anxiety to be able to participate
>tearfully decline
>realise the dream of working with art is dead because i'm so anxious about myself

>> No.8607408

>>8607331
I understand your troubles in a way, I'd love to study concept art or something similar but those fields are so competitive I'll just get so anxious I can't do it.

>> No.8607416

tfw no bf

>> No.8607467

>be a qt cosplay and lolita girl
>tfw no good friends, no one to share my interests with

>> No.8607473

>>8602010
>be me
>2 weeks since I got moved into new class
>everyone is friends with each other and I just get ignored
>today
>be more social than usual, get invited to a party
>one girl in the group giving me serious stink eye, avoids talking to me despite my best efforts, treats me as if I don't exist
>get invited to a party with her and the rest of the group
>'hey how old are you anon? 22? oh, are you gonna buy us drinks?'
>say ok
>not sure if they're just using me as a drink dispenser or if they genuinely want me to tag along
>scared I'm the underweight granny DUFF of the group
For the record, I'm 22, they're 19-20 so it's not THAT bad.

>> No.8607474 [DELETED] 

>>8607467
I can share my interests with you if you know what I mean.

((Seminal interests.))

>> No.8607490

>>8607473
you're a drink dispenser

>> No.8607549

>be me
>in a cosplay group
>feel like a total snob, but I think I'm the only member with high construction standards
>this is going to be a total trainwreck, photos are gonna end up in the cringe thread, too late to drop out

i regret everything

>> No.8607551

>>8607473
You're a beta cuckold and you're never gonna get laid with any of them. I will be the one to fuck them in front of your eyes.

>> No.8607572

>>8606912
stop posting until you can convey a coherent thought.

>> No.8607573

>>8607572
I will; if I'm alive; make post while (1) Crlf

>> No.8607773

>>8607473
get them to give you their money to buy them their drinks. Honestly I don't know why you couldn't say no to that bitchy girl asking for drinks, if she's going to treat you like that you'd have a better time just ignoring her.

>> No.8607780

>>8606567
People who ask for concrit on COF never actually want it so you're risking a lot of shit giving it to anyone there. Even if you don't say anything mean you get called out on your "tone". Best not to say anything.

>> No.8607790

>>8607780
I got one piece once ever, saying that they would suggest a different color of socks. Which I appreciated. As long as they aren't like 'those socks are ugly' or shit like that, I like getting concrit

>> No.8607793

>>8607780
is there a way to signal when you truly want concrit? because it is ridiculous that people will freely discuss coords here that are open for public concrit and get no public response.

i wish lolitas would stop being cowardly. who cares if someone dislikes your tone? who cares if someone disagrees or thinks you're wrong? why be so desperate for approval?

>> No.8608015

I just realised that I turned my entire flat into a safe place
>no food I'm even slightly reactive to
>no heavy meds
>no sharp objects
>no place to hang anything heavy
>nothing to get a live fire
Years and years of depression had me so paranoiac about trying to hurt myself that I unconsciously eradicated everything that I could use. Now that I can't hurt myself the windows attract me more and more. Too high to not die though, and I don't really wanna die yet. I would rather just poof out of existence. I want everything to stop. I'm too tired to keep it up now.

>> No.8608120

>university and anxiety fucking up my life
>feeling particularly shitty tonight
>cute AP dress I've always kinda wanted pops un on mbok
>impulsively place order
>really shouldn't have

Fuck, I hope somebody outbids me on it. I fucked up.

>> No.8608198

>>8606579
From a dance point of view, small lolis are the best. A lot of modern duets depends on the guy being able to pick up the girl, have her fly around, catch and brake her with the routine, and small lolis are just the best for this.

Like, I'm a pretty big guy, but even medium sized girls (say 140lbs) can be a challenge to catch because she would be jumping or flying at me, which is a lot of momentum.

>> No.8608227 [DELETED] 
File: 583 KB, 500x416, 856489732.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8607004
>>8606988

>> No.8608318

>>8605055
I can't speak for other people, but I myself am still not used to getting compliments, especially from strangers. As soon as somebody tells me that they like my coord, all I can get out is stuff like "Oh thanks, I got this piece from xyz". I try to compliment the other person, too, but sometimes I'm just too nervous and can't find the right words and just smile awkwardly.
I'm pretty good at socializing outside of lolita, but for some reason all this casual complimenting and gushing over each other makes me uncomfortable.
As soon as I'm in a more relaxed situation (like sitting at a table during a tea party) I love to get to know the people around me and make new friends. Everybody always tells me that I look so self-confident, but inside I'm shaking...so maybe more girls are like me and just more nervous and awkward as they look?

>> No.8608375

>chubby for all my life
>started to gain more weight and lost all interest in cosplay because fat
>about one month ago i started going to the gym
>eat less and more healthy
>lost 5kg by now
>I can do it!

I hope I'm gonna be slim one day so I can start cosplaying again, I really miss it.

>> No.8608424

>>8608198
How is this relevant? it's even worse than >>8604087
>I have a problem because of thing A
>I happen to be an expert about something related to thing A, let me type you a wall of text that doesn't relate to your problem

>> No.8608459

>broke up with abusive boyfriend
>we go to the same con every year, both of us started before we met the other
>now have to choose between going, risking a confrontation, and probably seeing him wrangling consluts, or staying home and missing out on my favorite yearly event

Fuck.

>> No.8608718 [DELETED] 

>>8608227
A few decades ago, saying that someone is "trans/trap" would warrant that response. Now our newest generation of children around the age of 15 (like you) are actually taught in our schools to pretend that mental illnesses should be accepted in our society and we should play pretend with the sick people until they inevitably hang themselves (or something like that).

Such naice, naice and caring society!

>> No.8608743

>>8602533

I don't believe you.

>> No.8608757 [DELETED] 

>>8608718
Posts like these trigger at least 75% of /cgl/ (our trains population).

>> No.8608797
File: 408 KB, 459x450, 1423872745007.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608718

>> No.8608807
File: 47 KB, 500x447, fuuuuu.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8603992
>>8604744
So I managed to pass the exam...
>got there early
>lady informed me I only had to know certain acronyms and I had studied an extra 100+ for nothing
>scramble for the pdf on my smartphone to look up all the ones I had struggled with when I could have focused my attention on them more
>pool of 60+ people take the exam
>got rekt on the exam because I had only studied name-to-acronym and not acronym-to-name that one part demanded
>blank out and choke at least 10 questions
>proctor grades the exam in front of me
>white slip for pass, blue slip for fail
>see how many the proctor is marking wrong
>writes "84%" at the top of my test
>failedit.png
>proctor gives me white slip
>"We curved the test so anyone with a 76% passed."

>only 20 people remain
>we get congratulated for making the cut blah blah blah
>make us watch an hour long presentation about the job we're applying to
>split us up into groups of four for "panel interviews"
>I'm the youngest (most inexperienced) person there
>see my other interviewees
>a 40-year old, ex-banker, Indian trilingual mother who emphasized how she loved to work holidays because she isn't christian
>late 30 year old man who had been in retail for 10+ years as a manager
>only one other girl who looked remotely close to my age but even she had management and financial experience from working at Wal-Mart
>me: 5 years of retail and two fancy degrees
>overall this took over four hours

I sounded nervous during the panel and I probably looked lackluster compared to my peers. The agents said they'd email us with information about fingerprinting and drug tests if we were hired or rejected, but so far I've heard nothing.
Either way their training doesn't start until late October, so at least I'll have the free time to make it to the convention I wanted to attend.

>> No.8608813

>>8608424
>I have a deeply personal problem
> let me find the solution for it by posting in a feels thread in 4chan

Anon, people come here rant, rave, express opinions, and enjoy first world problems, not to craft out serious feasible solutions to hitherto unsolved problems of a highly personal nature.

>> No.8608814
File: 500 KB, 500x272, tumblr_mkz1fs4sa01s3jrrwo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tfw you're the heaviest you've ever been, working out makes you gain more weight, cosplay season is right around the corner and you're too upset to try and cosplay because people will probably just call you a fat whale

I just want to have fun with my cosplay friends but the anxiety of people laughing at me has gotten so bad that I am scared to leave the hotel room

>> No.8608816 [DELETED] 

>>8608797
Holy macaroni, are you actually unquestionably buying the narrative that Tumblr pushed in the last decade?

Are you actually taking their bellyfeelz over the research (and evidence) done by the first hospital to ever do sex-change mutilations (Johns Hopkins University) that have lead them to believe that surgery isn't the solution for these mentally ill people, because they stay mentally ill after the surgery and eventually kill themselves.

The only reason why has anyone ever became 'transgender' is because they had other issues and thought that changing their sex would make it better. That's why the vast, vast majority (I wouldn't be surprised if 99% would be a LOW estimate) of 'transgender people' are men who want to become women.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120

Not to mention that this 'being a tranny is ok!!' narrative actively clashes with the other Tumblr mantra that 'gender is a social construct!!'.

>> No.8608818 [DELETED] 

>>8608816
{{{ The link is supposed to be below the second paragraph, not the third one. }}}

>> No.8608835

>>8608807
I'm happy for you anon

>> No.8608844 [DELETED] 

>>8608816
anon stop before I kill myslef

>> No.8608848

>>8604224
You can most definitely develop thing like that even years later. You probably need to switch bc or go to something stronger, especially since you just started back up on it and it doesn't seem to be right for you anymore. Just head to the doctor ASAP so you can get rid of the symptoms. I've been I the same bc for 5 years now and it recently started making me nauseous after taking it so now I have to have a full tummy first. Bodies are weird.

>> No.8608849 [DELETED] 

>>8608844
not that anon but you should probably stay off cgl for a while if this guy keeps trolling and you're this affected by it

>> No.8608854 [DELETED] 
File: 238 KB, 1920x1080, 6457890.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608816

>> No.8608890
File: 41 KB, 403x448, 1437757570524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8602158
Good for you anon. Don't look back. I worked in an animal hospital that started getting very possessive like that but luckily I left before things got too crazy. Apparently they now have microphones at the check in counter but no sign stating that the employees and customers are being recorded.

>mfw left to focus more time on school
>very admirable reason so left on good terms
>still take my dogs and mom's dog there because I love the techs I worked with
>manager calls me and asks me to work as a call in twice a week
>don't have full mornings off so "regretfully" decline
>find work study that pays well, related to my field of interest, and I get to study in my downtime
>would never go back to that place even if I had all the time in the world

>> No.8608895 [DELETED] 

>>8608854
See, this is proof that you're mentally ill. If this isn't a misquote then you just posted a picture of laughing anime girls to react to an article about mentally ill people who are encouraged by our dishonest & uncaring society to go through a 'sex-change', deluded by thinking that they will look like the few passable examples since media don't show them the other 90%, and then, after they've gone through this irreversible process that's supposed to 'make everything better' they are still mentally ill and after a few years of denial they end up killing themselves.

If this is what you think you're supposed to act like to 'become a girl' then you've got even more serious issues than just your tranny delusions.

>>8608844
The only people who want you to kill yourself are the ones who tell you to cut your penis off because it makes them feel better (i.e. this scum >>8608849). I want you to lay off the Tumblr Kool-Aid while you can and seek help for the actual issues that make you want to 'try being a girl' [for what you perceive is an easier life] in the first place.

I am actually sick to the stomach that someone would dare to call this trolling. But I suppose this just comes with the territory since the Tumblr demagogues invaded /cgl/ en-masse in 2012.

>> No.8608898 [DELETED] 

>>8608895
Mind you, there's only been one tranny that I remember in the history of /cgl/ and he has since then fixed his act (in his case the mental illness was mere attention whoring though, so it wasn't serious) and now he's just an ugly guy as the rest of them. If there were any others that I don't remember, they're most likely dead now, or soon-to-be.

>> No.8608908

>>8607551
I'm a really spergy and lonely girl, Einstein
>>8607490
Kinda figured
>>8607773
I was gonna do that. I just don't know how to handle so-called 'basic bitches' I've always been surrounded by hipsters and people who function on a slightly different level in general. These guys are sugary and nice to everyone so you never know who's fucking whom over.

I just want friends dammit, and most everyone in my new class is friends with each other and a lot of girls are like this.

How do I befriend normie youths, /cgl/?

>> No.8608910

>>8608908
>normie

0/10, back to >>>/r9k/ male neckbeard

>> No.8608920

>>8608910
Nice try, but I wear lolita

>> No.8608945

>>8603795
not your place? jesus, don't be so timid. this girl is seriously ruining something that could be resolved through simply telling her that she need to improve her work

>> No.8608951

>>8604279
>And if I wanted to mire slightly homo muscle guys, I could just browse /fit/

y-you too...

>> No.8608986

>>8608908
>How do I befriend normie youths, /cgl/?

You don't. It's literally not worth it. Befriend hipsters that smoke weed and do acid and skinny nerds who will smoke weed and do acid with you as well, they're the best.

>> No.8608994

>tfw low testosterone
>tfw will never put on enough mass to accurately cosplay Guts without steroids
>i don't want to cycle

>> No.8608997

>>8604684
There's no shame in finding pleasure in fanning the flames.

>> No.8609009

>>8605776
>>8605759
>focus on the moment, not the future
that's how horrible debt happens you fucking retard
be smart
if it'll help you feel safe knowing you have that extra cash, just buy what you want once you're more confident that you're financially secure

>> No.8609010

>>8605769
>toning up
stop

>> No.8609013

>>8605946
you'll seriously regret not starting on working out sooner
just get to it asap

>> No.8609017
File: 14 KB, 228x206, 1438921897209.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>speech impediment
>Northern Irish
>Accent+retarded voice makes me incomprehensible

>> No.8609018

>>8609017
>Northern Irish
I'm so sorry

>> No.8609025

>>8608807
damn...what's the job?

>> No.8609028

>>8608814
>working out makes you gain more weight
muscle weights more than fat, so working out will either make you gain some muscle mass, slowing down how quickly you lose weight
but you're still burning fat
and that's assuming that you're not just completely wrong, and that you're not just eating more and working out less than you should.
judge your progress by how you look, not by how much you weigh

>> No.8609031

>>8608908
just treat basic bitches like shit so they know that they can't use you, and then the real friends will stick around

>> No.8609032

>>8608994
dude just bite the bullet and hop on gear and be the best Guts cosplayer to exist

>> No.8609042

>went to Japan in summer 2014
>was depressed, anorexic, and having figbts with my boyfriend the whole month I was there
>I was there alone and all the students in my study abroad class were from Taiwan so communicating was hard when we were all at various levels of Japanese and had no common language to speak in
>did like maybe 5 coool things tops, otherwise just drank alone and had nightmares
>will never ever get rid of the feelings of regret for things I didn't do, stores I didn't visit, clothes I didn't buy....
>stopped practicing Japanese after taking it for 4 years because I had such a terrible time I didn't want to think about Japan for months afterward

>my sister spent a year in Japan in the same area and had an amazing time and got really good at Japanese
>so jelly

>> No.8609109 [DELETED] 

>>8608920
You can lie ur ass off as much as you want, but 'normie' is a telltale sign of a /r9k/ crossie.

Leave us aloone, right now.

>> No.8609115 [DELETED] 

>>8609042
>my boyfriend
stopped reading right there

>> No.8609170

>fall in love with lolita at age 14
>start buying it
>too scared to wear anything out because severe social anxiety
>sell everything while feeling like shit because i've never felt this compatible with a fashion style before
>move on
>a couple months later
>see or do something that reminds me of lolita
>cue desperate longing for all the moitié
>don't know what to do
>give in eventually and start collecting pieces again
>too scared to wear anything out etc etc
>rinse, repeat

This has been going on for eight years now and I've lost thousands of dollars on it. I wish I lived in a larger city so I would be confident enough to wear lolita in public, but unfortunately my town has a population of 100k and I'm in no position to move. I do enjoy normalfag fashion but gothic lolita has always been my one true love, and fuck, I miss it so much.

>> No.8609186 [DELETED] 
File: 176 KB, 1280x720, 1393899585228.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608895
Dude, just stop.
I don't support the Tumblr Kool-Aid either but you clearly have no idea what you're arguing about.

>> No.8609188 [DELETED] 

>>8609186
>you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, you're quoting John's Hopkins University instead of my favorite Tumblr intellectuals

Tell me, what counter argument does even exist to their claims? I'd love to hear it. Tell me how to justify the current situation of people getting their precious 'surgery' and then killing themselves anyway if they can't make it in the trap porn industry.

>> No.8609195 [DELETED] 

>>8609188
These lines right here:
>'surgery'
>killing themselves anyway
>trap porn industry
You seem to think most trans people are MtF and only want it so they can have three holes to fuck.

Sure there are some trans people who have issues that surgery won't fix, but it's a small percentage. I mean, do you even know shit about gender therapists? You're just rattling off your ass-brained statistics with no backing because you're so mad that a guy doesn't want to be a guy anymore.

Basically, you're close-minded.

>> No.8609204 [DELETED] 

>>8609188

> implying that it's the surgery that drives them to suicide and not the way they're treated

You're cute, I almost thought you were serious.

>> No.8609206 [DELETED] 

>>8609195
>You seem to think most trans people are MtF

You are deluded & blind as fuck if you think they're not. Even if you look at Western societies only, you see hundreds, if not thousands of males who want to be treated as women for every female teenager who thinks that her not having girly interests make her a man. But then you look at third world countries / India / SEA countries and any argument that the MtF and FtM ratio is anywhere close to 50:50 crumbles. I guess the Indian [from India] ones don't count because they can't afford having their penis cut off?

>Sure there are some trans people who have issues that surgery won't fix, but it's a small percentage.
Yes, such a small percentage that the hospital doing these procedures decided to stop doing them. Everything you said in your post right now is pulling shit out of your ass, but this just takes the cake. And you follow it by claiming that my 'ass-brained statistics' have no backing except it literally had backing which you continue to ignore because I guess if you acknowledged it's existence your brain would explode.

Also, "gender therapists". Epic, simply epic. I heard that rubbing snake oil on your skin makes it really effeminate too, maybe that would help.
Evidence clearly suggests that sex-change surgery = leeching of 21st century. But you can't admit that because the popular opinion in the 'cool kids' clique is that gender is a social construct so genders should be treated differently by law and men should be encouraged to change their genders instead of fixing their broken lives. Social polarization (and cognitive dissonance) at its finest.

>>8609204
They are treated that way because no matter how hard you try to push thoughtcrime, people are still going to be inherently disgusted by these 'ugly women' who even used to be men. As I said before, maybe 1 in 100 of these surgeries makes you look passable as a woman. The deceived men can't handle it and boom goes the dynamite.

>> No.8609209 [DELETED] 

>>8609206

You're platinum mad, and it's beautiful.

>> No.8609211 [DELETED] 

>>8609209
You're desperate & projecting. As expected of a teenager whose education was replaced by browsing Tumblr.

I am only mad at the fact that because of scum like you hundreds of people are driven to suicide.
People like you pretend to care for brownie points / a pat on the head from their narcissistic social circle, whilst not giving the slightest shit about what's causing the problem to begin with.

And then you have the audacity to say that it is the common people's fault, not yours. You are basically a personification of the USA.

>> No.8609213 [DELETED] 

>>8609211

Excuse me for browsing /cgl/ and noticing your massive walls of rage blotting up the front page. Take it somewhere else; I came here for feels and dresses.

>> No.8609218 [DELETED] 

>>8609213
Posts like these is why no one likes white people and no one ever will like white people.

>um you are wrong, because my opinion says so
>um you are mad please leave me to do my privileged white girl stuff before I call the police and say you're raping me
>um here's a banana for you to show my support for #blacklivesmatter

The way these loser men are treated today and encouraged to become women comes from the same cancerous sentiment that ruined the black community decades ago and, as always, it's because of good for nothing white people (or should I say white WOMEN) deciding what's best for people they know nothing about.

>> No.8609222 [DELETED] 

>>8609218

Anything else?

>> No.8609223 [DELETED] 

>>8609222
ye kill urself u fat ugly racist white bitch

>> No.8609228 [DELETED] 

>>8609223

Feeling better, anger-chan?

>> No.8609230

>>8609170
Ignoring the clustfuck of arguing above:
Just wear it, anon. Honestly, I am a bit of a scaredy puss as well, and when I first started wearing lolita around my town (~100k people as well), I'd just pop in my headphones and put on something that made me feel better, generally like The Smiths.
Once you wear it out once or twice, I feel like it gets pretty easy to do so. Stop wasting your life away being afraid and just do it.

>> No.8609232 [DELETED] 

>>8609222
>>8609223
>1 minute apart

Classy samefag fam. I guess projecting wasn't enough, now you have to strawman too. Pathetic. I bet you're not even a white woman.

>> No.8609234 [DELETED] 
File: 14 KB, 501x250, topkek.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609232

You're a clusterfuck of the most beautiful kind, anon. Never change.

>> No.8609241 [DELETED] 

>>8609234
>hey mom it took me just 2 and a half minutes to do copy paste in MSPaint!!!!!

Posting (You)s pictures is a guaranteed way of telling samefag.

>> No.8609245 [DELETED] 
File: 3 KB, 142x93, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8609241

>> No.8609246 [DELETED] 

>>8609204
actually a lot of people who get surgery still have dysphoria afterward since the brain has trouble differentiating the before and after (which is why things like phantom limbs exist for amputees) even with hormones. it takes a huge toll and is a big part of something humans don't understand about our brains.

>> No.8609249 [DELETED] 

>>8609245
So you're telling me that cropping the picture even more after you pull the background over the other (You) makes it more believable?

Desperate trolling at its finest.

>> No.8609252 [DELETED] 

>>8609249

No, the new pic just made a nicer,more concise image capturing your crippling retardation.

Stay mad, samefag-chan. I love you.

>> No.8609255 [DELETED] 

>>8609249
>more than one person disagreed with me so I'm going to call samefag because I can't handle being told I'm wrong
Every time.

>> No.8609258 [DELETED] 

>>8609255
Did you even read the thread? He replied to himself pretending to be me to make me look bad. He couldn't argue against me logically so instead he projects what I feel like at first, then he starts pretending to be me as well to go with his fictional narrative.

>> No.8609261 [DELETED] 

>>8609258

You know that /cgl/ is an open image board and that one person arguing with you before another tells you to chill is possible and happens all the time, right?

>> No.8609263 [DELETED] 

>>8609261
>I won't read the thread!! NO!!!

>> No.8609266 [DELETED] 

>>8609263

I read it, but it still doesn't prove samefag, especially since there's proof posted that you're frothing about samefagging when it's not happening.

You're so, so, so mad.

>> No.8609273

>>8609263

> still going strong

Who hurt you, anon?

>> No.8609277

> inb4 mods come and nuke the thread
> inb4 mods ban us from having feels threads again

>> No.8609287

>>8609277
These threads don't belong on /cgl/. None of the things posted ITT are on topic.

>> No.8609461
File: 1.96 MB, 400x225, 1427943040407.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this entire thread

>> No.8609763
File: 583 KB, 900x1148, DELETE.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8609823

>>8609009
OP here, my real problem is that I do this all the time. It always takes me forever to buy/order anything over $50 because I'm very paranoid about poverty; I've been homeless before (6-ish years ago) so I still have some of the habits I formed then about conserving money even though I don't have to anymore. I've already put off making this taobao order for about a month because I'm just so nervous about spending the money in the first place.

>> No.8609830

Did I miss something? What happened?

>> No.8609832

>>8609830

> anon hates trans people
> accuses any and all that oppose him of samefag

>> No.8609834

>>8609832
Glad I missed that. Thanks for giving me the tl;dr instead of yelling I should check the archives anon.

>> No.8609879

>>8606271
Chances are if you try to get basic normies into anime they will either descend into full weeb or be freaked out or disinterested.

>> No.8609893 [DELETED] 
File: 1.13 MB, 165x201, 1409965959825.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have been really depressed/lonely for years
>about to sell off all my dresses/jfashion since I don't have passion for anything anymore

>start dating a boy who's got a 10/10 personality
>on top of that his mom's also a seamstress who's offered to help me make things- and he's learning himself

went from depressed to living the dream real fast.

>> No.8610228 [DELETED] 

>>8609832
You pathetic strawmanning white piece of shit.

>>8609834
Obvious samefag is obvious.

>> No.8610234 [DELETED] 

>>8609252
>>8609255
>>8609266

>He was even samefagging to make it look like someone else was whiteknighting his samefagging.

B T F O

>> No.8610237

>see odottemita
>want to dance again
>remember my shitty performance a year ago
>remember why I stop
>realize I have no time because of Uni
>get really angry I can't dance anymore
fml

>> No.8610244 [DELETED] 
File: 177 KB, 540x960, QuickMemo+_2015-09-12-22-49-56.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8610228

Do you ever stop?

>> No.8610247 [DELETED] 

>>8610244
You don't stop, so why should I you white bitch?

>> No.8610251 [DELETED] 

>>8610247

Calm down. I get it, you don't like being caught out.

It's okay, anon.

>> No.8610257 [DELETED] 

>>8610251
Caught out? I'm not the one who's samefagging ITT.

>> No.8610261 [DELETED] 
File: 35 KB, 443x490, 6cbb808abe108092768c2c38cde1a8da.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8610257

> screenshots r fake bcuz i say so

>> No.8610265 [DELETED] 
File: 757 KB, 755x544, getaloadofthisfaggot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8610247
>white bitch

>> No.8610267 [DELETED] 

>>8610261
They were clearly proven fake by whatever do-it-for-free deleted the posts ITT. All the three posts I linked were made by the same poster (you), even though they pretended to be two different people, as evident by the fact that they all got deleted. Only >>8609273 was a third party.

I'll just repeat that you are absolute scum who doesn't care about anything but what he looks like in his narcissistic loser social circle and you will support even the killing of innocents if the blood of their children will make you look good.

>>8610265
Whites are the only group on Earth who get to tell other peoples they know nothing about what's best for them and get to be arrogant as fuck about it too. In this particular case it's white men doing it to look good in front of white women [incl. you].

>> No.8610277

>>8608807
I got the job, gulls! All I have to do is pass the drug test and hope the FBI thinks fuck all of my 4chan posts.

>>8609025
A service rep for a national brand.
Pay is mediocre. However there's an opportunity for bonuses, benefits are good, paid training plus a guaranteed 40 hrs/week, and also discounted travel. I think it's a solid starter job, and way better than the retail I've worked.

The only thing that worries me is that during the three months of training, if you fail three of their tests you get immediately terminated.

>> No.8610281

>>8610277
>All I have to do is pass the drug test and hope the FBI thinks fuck all of my 4chan posts.
this is a joke right?

>> No.8610285 [DELETED] 
File: 362 KB, 523x592, howrureal.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8610267

>> No.8610292

>>8610277
I'm happy for you, anon!

>> No.8610311

>>8610281
Hah yeah, but actually the FBI does get to collect my fingerprints and do a background check.

>>8610292
Ty anon!

>> No.8610319

>>8608375
This is how I feel too. I just started being more healthy recently (eating better, being more active). I have about 6 months til the next big event, and hope to have some results by then.

>> No.8610345 [DELETED] 

>>8610267

Are you new? Posts get deleted for being off-topic. The other anon's posts weren't the only ones deleted; yours were too.

>> No.8610349 [DELETED] 

>>8610345
Another strawman. Not even Stalin was this bad.

>> No.8610362

>>8610277
FBI fingerprinting is fucking annoying as fuck

I had to do it three times during my permanent visa processing to live overseas. No one knew how to do ink prints (which the FBI required, they rejected my first submission of digital prints), and it took me two submissions of ink prints before they said "lol, we take digital now too".

Fucking sucked. And since they have to be sealed by the people taking them to avoid tampering (in this case, the police), I couldn't just make copies of the form to try again later. I had to keep going to the police department for another set.

>> No.8610376

>boyfriend has been sick for two years
>had major surgery in July
>has had two more, minor sugeries since then
>less than a week after the big surgery, I had to fly across the planet
>dad and brother called to say my mom might be dying
>two months later
>still here
>she actually is dying, after surgery, radiation, and chemo have all failed
>she's lucid enough to know she's dying and hate being in pain
>keeps telling me that I should leave/go home/go do other things
>can't leave my dad here to cope by himself
>spend free time looking through CoF posts and trying to distract from depressing situations around me
>starting to feel the actual physical strain of anxiety and stress
>ramifications to health starting to crop up (loss of appetite, abdominal pain, headaches, various other shit)
>scared to go home before Mom passes to deal with my health shit, because may not make it back to say good-bye
>scared to stay here until she does pass, because it's terrifying to think about, and health may decline further in the process
>just keep scrolling through the photos to avoid thinking about any of it

>> No.8610574

>>8610376
That's what you get for having a boyfriend.

>> No.8613867

>>8602716
>>AC stops working in the car

How did it stop work? Do you have air blowing that's not cold? Or no air at all?

Could easily be a 1$ fuse or 3$ relay.

>> No.8613878 [DELETED] 

daily reminder that I go to cons and grab girls asses and even sometimes their tits on crowded hallways and have been doing this for a long time and never been caught

eat shit seagulls, your bodies exist for me to play with

>> No.8613880

>>8610277

>tfw I have to travel three hours out to a tiny ass town with no cell service to get fingerprinting down because of some federal law for government employees on native american reservations
>so I can go there for four days out of the year

thanks obama

And anon, congrats on getting the job! I'm so happy for you!

>> No.8613888

>>8613878
A true hero among men

>> No.8614144

>>8613878
No doubt this was posted by the same morbidly obese white /r9k/ neckbeard living in his mom's basement who was accusing me of being an angry nigger early ITT because I disagreed with the precious white 'opinion' on trannyism.

>> No.8614160

>>8613878
If you ever do this to me I'll shank you and I'll get away with it.

>> No.8614172

>>8614144
Actually, it was probably posted by an average poster of unknown gender, race, or sexual orientation who was bored and figured posting something inflammatory would make for a good time.

It's disappointing hope easy 4chan is to troll, now. People will readily assume that others are totally 5real telling the truth, no matter how ridiculous what they're saying is.

>> No.8614173 [DELETED] 

>>8614160
Easy there, sugar. We both know you would enjoy it too much to do anything.

>> No.8614176

>>8614172
Sometimes knowingly responding to trolls can be fun, but not when they're as lazy and shitty as this guy. That person in the cringe thread was brilliant though.

>> No.8614179

>>8614176
>That person in the cringe thread
Link?

>> No.8614279

>>8614172
>>8614173
>>8614176
>>8614179
One of these is >>8613878

>> No.8614319

>>8603124
I used to have a shitty intern job too that gave me a serious depression as a result so I feel you a lot anon. I used all my money on stress shopping for merch and clothes to soothe myself after a terrible day at the office.

It'll get better, don't give in to drugs and alcohol. I had to restrain myself from drinking during that time period. 200 hours isn't that much and it'll pass by fast enough and you'll appreciate the real job you'll get in the future a lot more.

>> No.8614326

>>8603725
>>8603740
The "eww girlz get in the way of our yaoiz" attitude is bullshit, but to be completely honest the forced girlfriend characters tend to be really cringeworthy. The relationship between them and the designated main character is usually pretty badly done and it's only there to have some kind of female representation while the relationship with two male characters can be a lot more interesting and credible. Like in Naruto, Sakura wasn't even supposed to exist in the series but the editor demanded there to be a female main character so it wouldn't be such a sausage fest, so the audience got an annoying, worthless "childhood friend" stereotype. I wish authors could just write good female characters or leave them out altogether.

>> No.8614457

>>8614279
Fucking BINGO.

>> No.8614488

>really want to make a cosplay of an obscure comic book character
>said character was featured in a big movie
>people are going to think I got the costume "wrong" because it doesn't match the movie.

>> No.8614498

I feel always weird when i see girls that have social anxiety, no friends, not much social life, mental or family issues still can get a SO.
I can't explain why this happen. I'm not the mentally healthiest person, i have my own issues (being aspie, mild depression and anxious about the future) but when i see people in worse conditions than me, with shit tier social life having a bf, i feel really upset.
My social life is limited too, i don't have many occasions to meet new people and not much friends. I dress lolita, otome and cute gothic fashion as casual, i take care of myself, i try to date people but i end to find creeps, people that have so many red flags that hurts, playa type guys or just people i'm not interested/they aren't interested in me or already taken.
>mfw my only reason to live is becoming buying lolita and otome fashion to forget about my not so social life and never had a LTR
I live also in a small town and feeling terrified to move in a apt alone.
Is there anyone that is in a similar situation than mine?Or i should not think about this anymore and accept my life as this?

>> No.8614503

>>8614326
I completely agree with you. I love love love well-written female characters but if it's a fucking anime odds are it's gonna be a one-dimensional annoying titty monster/moeblob.
Same goes for movies, games, etc. So yeah, I'm gonna hate the shit out of her too, which is not to say I hate all female characters, just the retarded ones, which is most of them when it comes to anime. Ramona Flowers isn't that deep of a character either but at least they tried.

>> No.8614506

>>8614498
Have you ever met a man or
Some fedoras would jump at the opportunity to get some socially anxious weeaboo poon, that way they don't have to worry about her cheating on them

>> No.8614533

>>8614503
>>8614326

Good to know I'm not the only one feeling this every time I see some piece of media.

I understand that media is supposed to appeal to the masses, and in some feedback loop we've managed to convince ourselves the 'girl with main character' is supposed to be the tired stereotype we all love. But I'm tired of having to settle for that, and I'm tired of being accused of being misogynistic because I hate how badly written a female character is. They're not real people, they're creations, and it goes the same for a badly written girl as a bad drawing of a girl - I'll criticize it because it isn't good writing.

>> No.8614545

>>8614506
Yes of course i have met men, but still i can't find someone that it's relationship material, my trust was broken before due to non committing people.
Who knows, i'm destined to meet only fedorafags that want to have some fun time with someone that dress like their animu/mangos. Maybe being single isn't that bad if options aren't that much.

>> No.8614558

>>8614498
Girls like that that can still get a BF aren't somehow magically acquiring prince charmings, damaged goods attract damaged goods.
>people that have so many red flags that hurts
The only difference between your situation and theirs, and the reason why you aren't finding a BF, is that you actually recognize that they're shitty guys.

Work on yourself more so that you are no longer readily approachable to creeps and you'll be fine.

>> No.8614647

>>8614558
I know i need to work on myself A LOT, to be more confident (not the shitty mainstream shallow confidence they want to label to women in this society) and always being rude to people that pester my bounduaries, like saying me how i should gain weight (what?) but i'm not thin nor fat.
Finally i can understand better shitty guys and how to avoid them. I don't want the super "purfecto ouji sama" of my dreams but someone i would like both physically and mentally.
The law of attraction is true, you have to work on yourself to get someone fitting for you. Usually many people forget about this, but it's important. If you have body issues, please fix them before to find a relationship or also mental issues that could destroy relationships or attact shit people.

>> No.8614669

>>8614558
>>8614498

Being an introvert who struggles with people and has mental issues/family problems is not being damaged goods or a bad person that must be avoided because there's 'something wrong with them'. They have good boyfriends that bring out the best in them and love them for who they are. I'm not surprised you haven't met a good person since you seem to be so shitty and judgemental.

>> No.8614680

>>8614669
Well some that have mental issues could show some red flags, like being manipulative, too needy. I don't need myself people that are damaged by themselves, i'm too but i don't want to rescue and fall in their bottomless pit in case they are not that so good. Anon, you would never know about how is the relationship in reality, these guys maybe they are a bit doormat and they accept whatever in a partner, even bad behaviour. I don't want to say all these people are bad girls or boys but i see too much doormat girls or boys in relationship with someone that doesn't treat them well (trust me, i was the DOORMAT and i'm trying my best to not be one and attract healtier people, being like that doesn't give you nothing). You believe in all feelings and love all fluffy and pink maybe. You could be right about this in some cases, but usually having some mental issues isn't the best condition to have a relationship, people save themselves first.
I don't understand why when someone says this now we are shitty and judgemental. See the reality, some relationship aren't what you think or that perfect as they look.
Sorry if i sound like this... loving unconditionally is good yes, but always remember to love yourself first, not in an ego way just to respect yourself as others want do to you.

>> No.8614681

>>8614506
>Some fedoras would jump at the opportunity to get some socially anxious weeaboo poon,

Poor deluded cuck.

Implying a fedora would ever have a chance with a socially anxious weaboo poon when she's got 7.5-8.5/10 males lined up to get inside her all the time - and even those are actually NOT good enough for her. And I mean really good looking guys, like the kind of guys who would get two or three compliments from the local landwhales in they posted their pics in the suggestion thread (which is extremely rare for male posters on /cgl/).

I have two 'good looking cuck' friends like this and it just breaks my heart see them chase after these picky 6/10s when they could easily get a normal (aka what /r9k/ calls 'normie') boring-ass girlfriend who probably looks better if they put effort into them.

Fedora neckbeards are nothing but far-away orbiters who don't stand the ghost of a chance with them.

>> No.8614691

>>8614681
*effort into it
(i.e hiding their powerlevels / not talking about their chinese cartoons / muh 100 games steam vidya library / muh Hideo Kojima shrine / etc. whatever the Loser Male Generation does these days)

>> No.8614705

>>8614681
Why you assume if a girl has a preference we are sluts that cuckhold men?Looks ain't nothing, in a relationship matters how you click and if you feel really attracted and in love. Even men have their preference, believe me... The more you narrow your preference (without being unrealistic) the more you can find someone suitable for you. You can't fall in love with anyone, you need a special person to feel something deep.
Buiding a real relationship with someone that you really click in mind and soul, not to settle for just whatever guy or girl because is good looking, has some good interests and so on.

>> No.8614708

>>8614705
Your entire post falls apart on your first sentence. I never assumed that?

They are cucks because they're cucking themselves by going after these 'weaboo social anxiety girls'. In example, Dylan (I hope you're gonna accidentally find this and read this you faggot) goes after some weaboo deluded lithromantic agender special snowflake from Dumblr who was, as far as I know, a virgin but then again she also says she's a rape victim so who knows.

>> No.8614710

>>8614681
>>8614691
No, the reason they don't have a chance with some girls is BECAUSE they don't put the effort into it, not because they are being pushed out of the ring by good looking guys. I don't know what socially anxious weeaboo girls you know but you really shouldn't assume that kind of shit about other people. Even some socially anxious weeaboos don't like that kind of shit, the steam library, the waifus, et cetera, because, believe it or not, having hobbies does not define a person's entire life like some of these people allow it to. And they don't know when to acknowledge that more important things are going on around them and that logging a thousand hours in the latest half-assed game should not be a priority above human relationships and a fucking job if they actually want a girlfriend.

That's part of the problem that most people who have issues interacting with others or finding a good relationship have - they assume too much shit, and in the same breath are incapable of inferring anything about actually important details or flags or what have you.

There are some girls out there okay with any number of things and some that are not. It depends entirely on the person. Because, wow, people are different and some of us actually understand that good looking people will always be around but that one person you can live your happy life with is a one time deal.

>> No.8614720

>>8614710
>No, the reason they don't have a chance with some girls is BECAUSE they don't put the effort into it, not because they are being pushed out of the ring by good looking guys

Again, another post starts with an irrelevant statement. The guys I am talking about are the cream of the corp that have been interested in those weaboo social anxiety loser girls. They have little next to no competition and they clearly stand out from the hundreds of (literally, not even using this as an insult) autistic MLP ponyfuckers and fat deluded fedora wearing neckbeards.

The thing is that the social anxiety special snowflake simply won't make due until the guy is a literal anime character who can read her mind and respects her Tumblr labels at the same time.

>> No.8614741

>>8614720
There is a problem with semantics here. You should have been more clear, you are talking about delusional girls even worse than fedoras, but not every weeaboo social anxiety loser is like that.

The only thing they, and really anyone, can do is keep meeting people and weed out the shitty ones as they discover them and stop standing for bullshit. There are billions of people, it would be hard to run out before they found somebody worthwhile. Their fixation to those types of girls is probably because they are the types who will most obviously flaunt their hobbies and a lot of people rely on sharing hobbies to build friendship and form bonds over likenesses.

I know it seems to some people like finding someone who shares all your hobbies would be the perfect relationship, but similarity and compatibility are two very different things. Maybe you should try explaining that to those guys you know.

>> No.8614748

>>8614741
They're not delusional, they're just the younger generation who eat up all the Tumblr garbage about special snowflake sexualities (anything other than heterosexual and homosexual is a myth, there's no such thing as bisexuals since all heterosexuals can easily enjoy some quality male butt if in prison), special snowflake 'genders' (anything other than male or female is a myth, no one cares what you identify as, only if you have a ponos or a vagoo), triggers, thoughtcrime, wrongthink and my feelings > ur rights.

They eat it all up because that's what they're taught in schools nowadays instead of actual useful stuff like physics, biology and mathematics. Thanks a lot Common Core!

>> No.8614752

>>8614741
>but similarity and compatibility are two very different things
This is exactly the problem with the male loser generation of today. They were raised on that 'men are women are totes the same!' bullcrap so they want a girl who's halfway good-looking but also likes the same stuff that they do (=video games and Chink cartoons, the kind of that cater almost exclusively to men). Like they basically want a "bro" with tits and vagina. That's why there's such huge competition for weaboo girls even if they're worse looking than normal ones, and especially big if they aren't landwhales + are socially anxious ("that means she won't run away tee hee!!").

>> No.8614760

>>8614752
I've grown to be biased against those types of guys because of that exact reason. I don't want to be some guy's fucking "bro" while he oggles cartoon characters and tells me which ones he wants to fuck, or tells me that he is going to play such and such game and if I choose not to sit there and watch then it is my decision not to spend time together. I did that once already for longer than I should have and I'm not doing that shit again. I will take some normal boring guy who actually cares about me and accepts my weird hobbies and habits and isn't using me as a bro he can fuck when he feels like it any day. I don't think I am the only person who feels that way, either.

>> No.8614785

>>8614760
>I hate guys who want to get along with me. I just want a guy with no hobbies who understands that the relationship is supposed to be all about ME and waiting on ME hand and foot

>> No.8614787

>>8614785
/r9k/ pls go

>> No.8614792

>>8614787
You only say that because you know i'm right.

>> No.8614820

>>8614708
>they're cucking themselves
You keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means.

>> No.8614862

>>8614792

Nah but really fuck off /r9k/

>> No.8614902

>>8614752
>male loser generation

lol. The things women come up with

>> No.8614909

>>8614862
Tell you what. Explain how I was wrong and I will

>> No.8614910

>>8614680

This stream of consciousness writing is fraying the edges of my brain.

Please, compose your thoughts before you hit send. Jesus.

>> No.8614995

>>8614669
>Being an introvert who struggles with people and has mental issues/family problems is not being damaged goods or a bad person that must be avoided because there's 'something wrong with them

Except that's exactly what you think any time a guy had literally any kind of issue that makes him anything but perfect.
God women are such hypocrites in their standards

>> No.8615053

>>8614708
I assumed that from your post before, my reply was pretty negative because i felt like you assume most girls are like while isn't the reality. There are special snowflake tumbrites girls that do weird things, scream rape or blame other people and so on, i had a friend like that unfortunately but later i undestood what i thought of her was the total opposite and indeed a liar and well...not so much innocent...
>>8614710
This, this. At least i put some effort to make myself better and so they have also them. No effort, no result. This anon is right.
>>8614741
>but similarity and compatibility are two very different things
True. Better having less sharing common interests but having a real bond than having all the interests in common and a shitty relationship.
>mfw what is happening with all the /r9k/ coming here
>>8614910
Sorry anon to be ESL. Good excuse to reply.

>> No.8615096

>>8615053
People should really be required to pass some English test before posting on this site

>> No.8615137

>>8615096
Kek anon. I'm glad the thread is slowly dying by the way.

>> No.8615176

>>8615137
Your posts are genuinely incompressible and trying to laugh at me won't change that

And even if this individual thread dies the arguments in it will always resurface in some form or another.

>> No.8615245

>>8614498
Lol. Just another typical bitch that expects an 11/10 guy despite being pretty crappy yourself and tells themselves every guy that's only a 10/10 or lower is a "creep" or "not dating material" to feel like you're justified in refusing them.

My advice is to get the fuck over yourself.

>> No.8615400

>>8615245

2/10, apply yourself.

>> No.8615418

>>8610376

I am so sorry anon. That is some heavy ass crap to be going through.

I don't think anything I say can ease the burden. Know that an anon out there is pulling for you and your mom and boyfriend.

I guess the only bright side to something like this is you have plenty of time to say goodbye. Although I know that can be a burden too.

>> No.8615421

>>8615400
that doesn't look like getting over yourself. in fact it looks like being more full of yourself than ever

>> No.8615454

>>8615421

I'm not the person you were replying to, I'm just a guy who dislikes obvious trolling.

Your next line is "way to be a white knighting beta/cuck, these stuck up sluts will never fuck you."

>> No.8615472

>>8615454
What makes you think anything I said was trolling?

>> No.8615501

>>8615454
Still waiting. You said it was obvious so I have no idea what's taking you so long

>> No.8615644

>>8615472
>>8615501

The old "you can't prove I'm trolling" bit. Not bad, I'll bump you up to 4/10.

That gambit, of course, involves putting the target on the defensive, and goading them into making an itemized list of "reasons" why you're trolling, which often invites simultaneous insults.

Then you go point by point and make a vague reasoning for each why it's not trolling, make condescending remarks, probably call them obsessed or otherwise emotionally compromised, then after the summation, retort with a new accusation directed at the target, typically of some reason/prejudice for them to "wrongfully think" that you're a troll.

It's one of the more effective methods, and one which has a very high rate of people biting it.

Hell, I'll give you a 5/10, even.

But really, don't you have better hobbies?

>> No.8615661

>>8615644
Sooooo, no reasons I take it?

>> No.8615684

>>8614820
I do. They are denying themselves from getting laid, hence they're cucking themselves.

>>8614902
I am a male you turbodweeb. I am one of the few males in America who managed to avoid becoming part of the male loser generation because I had a real father (which is very rare for other black kids) and I joined the Nation of Islam at the age of 15.

>> No.8615703

>>8615684

Cucking does not mean "not having sex." Cuckoldry is specifically when two people are in a dedicated relationship and the woman cheats with another man, usually in a way that is demeaning to the man in the relationship, e.g. With malicious intent, being in his face about it, etc. (the name for the male doing that is called Cuquean or something).

Giving yourself blueballs is not cucking yourself, cock blocking yourself is not cucking yourself, being a loser isn't being a cucking yourself, posting nudes of your girlfriend isn't cucking yourself (I actually saw somebody making this argument once).

You also can't be cucked unless you're in a dedicated relationship with the person.

The more you know.

>> No.8615706

>>8615703
Are you the cuck expert of 4chan? Are you the anointed cucker?

>> No.8615726

>>8615703
This is what happens to every buzzword on 4chan, and the internet in general. People just spam it nonstop in every situation until it's meaning has become so diluted that all the information it can convey is an extremely basic expression of either positive or negative. In this case, negative.

>>8615706
Just because some people don't want to be complete dumbasses in regards to language doesn't mean they have a personal obsession with every word they know the meaning of.
Is that really how everyone else in the world is? They never learn the definitions of words unless that word is an important part of their own lives? How many words do you even know then, like 1000? Probably less.

>> No.8615737

>>8615726
You sound like a butthurt cuck.

>> No.8615913

>>8614760
>I want a guy to accept all my hobbies but he can't have any of his own
>and I demand that he care about me but I'm not going to care about him

You don't want a partner. You want a slave.

If you're gonna be such a cunt don't be angry if all anyone wants to do with you is fuck you.

>> No.8616235

Another thread that proves that males are the obsolete gender and that they must be fucking eradicated from planet Earth. I just smh

>> No.8616336

>>8616235
0/10, that's even worse than the other guy.

>> No.8616685

>>8616336
I AM GIRL

>> No.8616744

>>8616685
Girls can troll too. Equality, ya dig?

>> No.8616896

>>8616744
YOU ARE OPPRESSING HER

>> No.8616993

>>8616896
No way, I don't even like the opera

>> No.8617336

>>8616993
Typical neckbeard misogynist fedora wearer joke.

>> No.8617392

>>8617336
>misogynist

The proper term for the job is "masseuse", actually.