[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 34 KB, 500x281, i came here to laugh not to feel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8594118 No.8594118 [Reply] [Original]

Old one is autosaging. Please keep it /cgl/-related, gulls.

> it's cool enough to wear lolita to college for the first time
> puts on coord
> I feel frumpy in it, especially considering that I had my hair cut short recently
> debating hiding in my dorm room for the rest of the day

>> No.8594126

>put on some weight
>Not really happy with looks
>Don't have good comm
>2 Lolita friends
>They move away
>Lost all interest

But then

>Start loosing weight
>Photographer friends talk about wanting t do fashion shoots
>Maybe I could just wear Lolita foor shoots
>Yes
>Motivation flood back
>Realise I've never cared about having a comm or friends in Lolita
>Accept all I want is to be pretty

Here I come. Give me a few months and I'm gonna get all up in your face with looking good in photos. Lets do this.

>> No.8594127

>Get new job
>Yay, money for cosplay!
>Job is horrible, work 15 hours a day with no breaks, start to hate everyone, have panic attacks
>No time for making cosplays
>Say fuck it, quit job
>Still have to work afternoons till they find someone to replace me

I have mixed feelings

>> No.8594147
File: 1012 KB, 500x281, 1398516367218.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finally manage to convince myself to wear my grail outside the confines of my room
>decide a scenic walk by a riverbank is best
>unbeknownst to me its been flooding recently, bank is muddy and slippery
>every voice in my head screams at me to turn around and go home
>apart from one telling me I've already made it this far, whats a couple more steps?
>always been stubborn as fuck about proving a point to myself
>carry forth
>the inevitable happens
>I trip
>I fall
>into a motherfucking mud puddle
>I ran home as fast I could, mary janes be damned
>I'm highly emotional and logic flew out the window
>decide best course of action is to jump into shower still fully clothed
>mfw I cradled myself in there for an hour whilst singscreaming lou reed's "perfect day"
Needless to say the stain is still there. I feel alright with sharing this now that I've managed to attain the dress again.

>> No.8594161

>>8594147
Let me hold you.
If it was just mud, that should wash out. Take it to a cleaners, do some stain treatments. If you've written the dress off then you can try out some different treatments to try and remove the stain.

>> No.8594170

>tfw butterface
>tfw you'll never be able to do cute cosplays justice

I could have the most amazing structure or details in my costume but it wouldn't matter because I'm just not pretty enough to fit the characters I like.

Photoshop isn't an option either, even messing around with the line app to change my features a bit made me cry and realize how bad I look.

>> No.8594175

>>8594170
learn contouring.

>> No.8594178

>>8594161
Man, I could have used a hug back then.
At this point I'd honestly prefer to leave it as is, as a permanent reminder that I don't have to force myself to follow through with everything I decide to do.

>> No.8594211

Does anyone else here constantly check the bad make up thread to make sure they aren't being posted?
I'm really insecure about my make up skills cause I went to cosmetology school a decade ago now, and only now have started to try make up again. I feel like I'm doing ok but some of the people I see posted in the bad make up thread are ok and I really just don't want to be posted there. I'm only practicing and I rarely ever wore it as a teen because some bad stuff happened and then I was pretty much forced to go to cosmetology school so even back then I didn't have an interest.
Only now do I feel ok with wearing it.

>> No.8594217
File: 102 KB, 806x570, punkpickles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>my cosplay group is down to hardly anyone
>of the people remaining, only I cosplay now
>we used to spend the weekends practicing skits and having a blast, now I just feel sad as I get into costume alone

>to top it all off, I couldn't go to Dragoncon this year. I got the hotel checkin reminder on Google Calendar while at work today.

>> No.8594221

>>8594211
Think of it as inspiration to do good.
Most of the bad makeup posts are horrendously bad (as the new trends are dirty contouring and 2D lines), or vendettas, at which it'll be shot down pretty quickly.

>> No.8594227
File: 103 KB, 1280x720, Youdumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mfw the janitor is suddenly now alive and more active than ever, when we're trying to do the community good. Must be a MF supporter wtf?

>> No.8594237

>>8594127
>Still have to work afternoons
How are work related law where you work? Because where I live, the only thing you have to do for quitting is saying to your employee that you are letting the place in 15 days and that's it, they can't so shit about that.

>> No.8594238

>>8594227
MF supporter?
Also not a good idea to bitch about the janitor in feels threads - last few feels threads lasted 300+ replies. Don't get them deleted again.

>> No.8594240

>>8594237
I took it as they put in a 2 weeks notice. That's the usual amount of leave time for the job to hire more people to replace you after you're gone.

Not showing up to work during the two weeks could mean later on you won't get a good reference and a lot of places won't take you back if you bailed out on your two weeks.

>> No.8594247

>>8594221
Thanks, and yeah, I practice a lot. I wish there was a way to know for sure that I'd get an honest opinion on it but all my friends either freak out because they aren't dressed up like I am or they are overly positive because they believe in just supporting me no matter what I do as long as it's not harming myself.

>> No.8594260

>>8594247
If there's anything /cgl/'s good at, it's honest opinions.
There doesn't seem to be a makeup thread up at the moment, so if you want to post here, I guess it's fine?
Or you can wait around for makeup or critique threads.

>> No.8594278

>>8594260
Self posting is really looked down on around here. I've seen too many people get shit for it.

I participate in the make up general to look for better products, and collect tutorials. I also watch youtube and instagram tutorials.

I'm definitely not popular anywhere so if someone did post me I bet someone would yell self post.

Not really sure why people need to yell about self posting, as long as it's on topic original content it should be fine...

>> No.8594289

>>8594278
??
Selfposts are fine if it's on topic and you admit that it's a self-post. Like if you post a photo and say "Hey can I get feedback about my makeup skills?" you won't get slammed.
/cgl/ only goes after selfposts that are like: "look at how perfect this person is!!!!!!! so amazing!!! haha what no this isn't me, it's just a very popular person that I admire a lot :)"

>> No.8594298

>>8594289
Sorry but I'm calling bullshit.
I have seen MANY people get shit in a self post thread that was about self posting because quote "I'm tired of seeing your face"

>> No.8594317

>>8594298

The reason they are being slammed is pretty straight forward to the point of them even saying it directly : they were self posting too much.

Doing it like once or twice isn't an issue at all as long as you don't spam it thread after thread.

>> No.8594328

>Want to make a lolita webcomic
>Can't draw for shit

I don't even know anyone who could draw that would be interested in working with me welp

>> No.8594336

>>8594328
Go look in the draw thread.

>> No.8594338

>>8594328
dude do you have skype? I'm not a fantastic artist but I want to work with someone on something and none of my artistic friends will work with me because they like working alone but I'd much rather work with people instead of doing all the work myself.

I stopped writing about a year ago now. I still draw and paint though. I suck at digital art however, but I'm always improving.

if not it's fine too. Used to rejection anyways.

>> No.8594339

>>8594298
this. it's pretty dumb imo. as long as you are posting new material and not shittalking /cgl/ on facebook there should be no issue.

i would suggest ignoring the salty gulls and posting anyway.

>> No.8594341

>>8594339
Thanks, and I'm good. I've posted in threads like the instagram threads and stuff and the most I got was "ur fat" so it's probably not as bad as I think.

>> No.8594353

>>8594338
I can make a skype! Just give me moment, okay?
>Sorry in advance for terrible spelling

>> No.8594366

>want to build a web / phone app to coordinate meeting up with gulls at cons
>live and work in middle of nowhere shit hole so can't go to cons anyway

Plus I guess most gulls already go with friends, so it's not like they need their phones to act as a radar to ping each other out in a convention center.

>> No.8594368

>>8594353
sure, you can give it to me in a throw away email:
preciouszipster@gmail.com

>> No.8594384

>>8594368
>Sent
Looking forward to working with you

>> No.8594686

>watched kamikaze girls for the first time
>tfw i want an Ichigo... :(
i thought i was straight, what the hell

>> No.8594782

>join cosplay group
>have literally nothing in common with any other members except the group
>all other members seem completely clueless
>too close to con to leave

effin heck this was a terrible idea.

>> No.8594788

>>8594237
Two week notice is common courtesy if you want a decent reference.

>>8594127
>Job is horrible, work 15 hours a day with no breaks, start to hate everyone, have panic attacks
Depending on where you are, this could be quite illegal.
Here in California, the law is a 10 min break per 4hours and a 30min lunch per 8 hours.

>> No.8594791

>>8594328
seagyaru@hotmail.co.uk
I'd be happy to help!

>> No.8594792

>>8594127
>15 hours a day with no breaks
Fuck them. This is illegal where I live, and if they're prepared to treat you like shit, I wouldn't help them out by working for them any longer. Do you desperately need a reference? I've never had any job I applied for actually get in touch with a past employer, so if you don't actually NEED it, I would say you owe them nothing.

>> No.8594793

>wants to vent on cgl
>too many people I know lurk here

>> No.8594794

>>8594788
double pay after 12 hours too

>> No.8594803
File: 59 KB, 500x407, 1437848567417.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>got shitty job
>minimum wage
>pay comes through, depressingly low amount
>get new, full time, better job
>excited by the prospect of full-time pay
>think about the taobao hauls/burando/costumes I could buy before con season in my country, there's also a big halloween meet I want to go to
>realise quickly I won't get paid with enough time for anything to arrive
>will be sat around at Christmas with loads of money but nothing fun to spend it on, or loads of cute shit and nowhere to wear it to
>but still, fuckyes.jpg

>> No.8594808

>decided to cosplay Pochaco because I'm pretty chuby
>I mean, might as well take advantage of my size while I can
>feeling really good about it
>but suddenly
>feelings of oh god am I too fat and gross to cosplay her
>start getting self conscience as fuck
>trying to reassure self because there's girls bigger than me who look good
>but they don't have loose surgery tunmys and slight back fat
>excitement dying down

I was so happy to do this cosplay, but now I'm rethinking it. I've been trying to lose weight so I'm hoping toning a bit will make me feel better. Because I really want a smooth back and a less flabby stomach. Wish me luck gulls.

>> No.8594825 [DELETED] 

>been friends with a cosplay group for a while
>finally get the courage to want to cosplay with them
>they help me build costumes, cut wigs, do makeup, etc.
>really enjoying myself
>decide to try and spend more time with them outside of cons because I like them and enjoy their company
>one by one they all start coming out as trans
>they start bringing trans friends around frequently
>suddenly feel like I need to separate myself from the group for reasons I can't explain

I just want to be a good friend, but something within me isn't letting me just roll with it, I don't know what to do, and I hate myself for not being able to give them the 100% support they deserve.

>> No.8594842

>>8594686
Same sort of feel over here
>watch Rokka no Yuusha
>oh wow this is pretty good
>wait
>who is that
>WHO IS THAT
Fucking Hans, I thought I was gay. Stupid stringbean cat assassin with his stupid fluffy hair and adorable face and actual not-shitlord personality.

[spoiler]Already planning the cosplay[/nospoilersoncgl]

>> No.8594856

>want to cosplay
>be too fat
>bury the dream forever
>come on this board just to imagine what it would be like

>> No.8594872

>want to pursue art as a career
>game or concept art to be more specific
>feel like it'll be a bad choice regardless

I love drawing. I always have. And to be honest I draw animeshit which is my first big problem when it comes to art schools. Secondly I'm afraid I don't have the same passion. I draw because I enjoy it and want to create things I imagine in my head on paper, constantly improving is only secondary to that (working on that now though).

Yet at the same time I fear that if I don't try art school I'll regret it in 10 years wageslaving away on something I don't enjoy. Or worse, if I do pursue it as a career, ending up losing what I enjoyed in drawing.

I know this isn't the best board for this feel but /ic/ will just tell me to git gud and never draw anime again or something like that.

>> No.8594889

>>8594872
If you go on ic you already know art school is a terrible idea.
But a worse idea would be to pursue fine art when you really want to do animation or concept art, look into schools that actually teach those subjects and find one which will work with an anime aesthetic.
If you can't make it happen then atleast you tried, but don't be another art school student that is secretly hiding their preferred artform throughout art school, that's a waste of everyone's time.

>> No.8594917

>>8594889
I'm looking to get into a school that offers game art and also has actual portfolio standards so that's something, but yeah I'll try my best! I at least want to apply to see if I'd be good enough to be able to enter the school at all.

>> No.8594919

>>8594872
You can have an art career without going to art school. Most popular artists online have degrees in other things. As someone who went to art school and knows others that did too, it's a waste of time and money.

>> No.8594924

>>8594237
>>8594788
>>8594792
Yep, it's illegal and that's why I'm quitting. I don't need references because I don't want to work in this field anymore, but I don't want to leave them in a "bad tone", I want to be nice to them. The employer is evil, but my colleagues are not at fault and leaving them without help would be really mean.

I just got notified that I still have to work full time at saturdays, I really hope they find someone to replace me before my birthday (in three weeks) because I'd like to celebrate it decently for a change.

I just want it to be over soon so I can do something different with my life, this is way too depressing

>> No.8594929

>>8594924
Damn anon, what is your job even? I'm honestly curious and I hope you'll be able to get out of there as soon as possible.
If they don't have someone before your birthday, just say fuck it and let them rot.

>> No.8594986

Fuck I feel like shit. I'm trying desperately to not fall into a pit of depression after my sister died and it's a lot harder than I thought. I always buy stuff when I'm sad, but I'm trying to save every penny so I can get my own place at the end of the year. I keep seeing so many dresses I want pop up for sale and it kills me knowing I can't buy them. I just lurk the taobao/ali/ebay/mail threads and stare at all the pretty things you guys buy.

>> No.8594993

>>8594872
>studied illustration and animation at college
>can't find a job in the field, not even an internship, not even fetching coffee
>maybe I'm just shit? but it sucks
Go for it, but just know it'll be rough.

>> No.8594999

>>8594929
It's in the medical field. After this I'm going to study more, take another masters degree, invest on a PhD, become a teacher or something, open a business in counseling, idk, do something completely different.

It's just a little sacrifice before I have time to do this, so I'll bear it with a smile and keep going

>> No.8595000

>Just got hired after 8 months of searching
>At a store with cute clothes
>Coworkers and managers are fuckin awesome
>Made $2400 in sales in first two days
>Even though minimum wage, I get 15.5 glues my first week
>Feeling pretty damn good right now

My last job was shit and made me so exhausted, I genuinely hope with the way things are going that the company goes under.

>> No.8595002

>>8595000
>*15.5 hours

Fuckin autocorrect

>> No.8595015

>Be brolita
>Have the brown blouse with the golden flower emblem on the collar from IW
>Coord is great. Have fun at cons. Friends and randoms love it, etc etc.
>Have a formal dinner to go to the other day
>Realize I have no clean white shirts to go with my black suit
>Throw on the blouse underneath the suit and put on a tie large enough to cover the lace down the chest and bodice
>Everyone loves it and compliments it
>tfw had to wear a bit of lolita fashion because it was my last set of clean clothes

Is this it? Are these my final moments before I transform into a babby-tier lifestyler?

>> No.8595016

>lose a bunch of weight last year and put it all back on this summer
>get my absolute holy grail dream dress
>worry for ages that it won't fit me
>get it yesterday and try it on an it fits

Seagulls I'm so relieved. I'm wearing it right now and I'm so happy. And now I'm more determined than ever to lose that weight again!

>> No.8595017

>>8595002
Would've asked you to give me some, now how do I get high?

>> No.8595028

>>8594986
I don't know how it works for you, but when I'm not allowing myself to spend I have an easier time just staying away from online shops and shopping threads/discussions altogether. If I bury myself in other hobbies and interests it's much easier to save up.
Sorry about your sister, anon. You can make it through this.

>> No.8595032
File: 121 KB, 600x400, 1406232118650.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8595015
>brown blouse with black suit

>> No.8595040

>>8595032

It was a case of do or die. Learnt my lesson in any case even though I do the washing everyday. Now I keep some whites specifically for the suit and never use them otherwise.

Still a little paranoid that people didn't actually like it but that's not what they said. I'd go around in loops if I tried to put a meaning to their statement that contradicts what they told me. For the most part, around people who don't know any better, it worked well... I think.

>> No.8595091

>>8594808
>Pochaco
>too fat
Anon you'll be fine.
Try to go for a cute Pochaco look though, not just a "i'm fat, she's fat, idk" sort of approach. It'll make you stand out better.

>> No.8595095

>>8594788
Sad truth is that most retail doesn't give a shit about breaking labor laws, and food service gives zero shits.

>> No.8595116

Does anyone ever feel like doing random acts of kindness? To complete strangers, to at least near strangers.

I have had rough year, but it has been improving on my part because of support and a lot of hardwork & due diligence. But, one of the people who loved me and supported me is now going through a hardship that pales mine in comparison. Every night I hold my breath for the suicidal texts, and sometimes I turn my sound off because I just don't want to see it.

While this friend is suffering, I've begun to reach out and kind of start to form connections with others. It isn't because I don't care, but because I can't afford to have all my support come from only one network; too much risk to my health if I lose it all at once. But, this person's network has shrunk and shrunk, including mine. It isn't that none of us care any less, but because of the intensity of her illness. I got help, she was there to see me reach out for help. But, no matter the pleading or gentle encouragement, even an attempt at tough-love, she won't do it; she says she doesn't want to get better.

But, other than that, I am pretty damn happy with my life. The contrast makes me feel helpless.

So... I wish that there was a Lolita-style wishlist similar to Amazon's. Just so I could pick a random person and buy a pair of socks, or a headdress.

To just feel like I am doing something... because I'm happy.

>> No.8595139

>>8595028
Thank you, I just have absolutely no family support through this so I just throw myself into burning money to feel better. When I watch the shopping threads, it's like I live through everyone else in what they buy, I get to enjoy the little happiness that comes with getting a package in the mail.

>> No.8595140

>excited for picnic meet all week
>meet ends up changed to café because of chance of rain
>just wanted to sit in the sunshine and eat delicious treats

>> No.8595160

>depressed&anxiety for years
>finally starting to work a little bit again and care about my looks
>still too broke to buy lolita or anything else rly
>no friends where I live, lolita or otherwise
>too broke to visit the friends I do have
>looking at online comms and feeling ancient

I have no idea anymore how to enjoy life or make friends.

>> No.8595234

>>8595015
buy more blouses

make it your thing

>> No.8595239

>>8595160
I know that feel, anon. I have many of these phases in my life and just occasionally i go to meets. I'm trying to organise meets to have more social life, i feel ashamed to not living the life i want.I buy lolita just to feel better after a big delusion and to cope with depressed feels. At least i have finally more money for buy items, there are moments when i'm dirty broke and i can't buy anything.

>> No.8595390

>>8595095
This. People don't realize that unions can do what ever the fuck they want. I could work more than 12 hours a day and as long as I was paid extra, it was fine. So then you make extra money and they take it out of your check cause you have to pay a union. Plus they could work us like over 7 days in a row. Happened to me twice and more to my other co-workers.

So glad I don't work for a store anymore.

>> No.8595398

>>8595017
Sorry anon, try Home Depot.

>> No.8595414

>chatting with someone at college from one of my classes
>find out they have aspergers as well
>"I wouldn't think you had it if you didn't tell me"
>tfw that slight feeling of hope

While I"m not someone who rejects having aspergers entirely and refuses anyone trying to help, I do always try to be as 'normal' and self-sufficient as I can.
It just feels nice to know I"m not giving off as much weird vibes as I was afraid of.

>> No.8595517

>>8594924
>but my colleagues are not at fault and leaving them without help would be really mean.
You seem like a really nice person, anon, but you'll have to put yourself first sometimes. If your job is THAT bad, I wouldn't not past the 15 days.

>> No.8595521
File: 52 KB, 500x309, 1379.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>crafting skills better
>body shittier
>face older

I WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED

>> No.8595616

>>8594793
same anon, same

>> No.8595670

>>8595390
>>8594924
Thankfully some retail places like the Gap are getting rid of their "on-call" practices where they call employees two hours before a shift starts and the employees have to show up. It reduces costs in the short term for the manager, but in the long term it makes employee morale terrible (especially if the employees have kids and need to find childcare last minute) and turnover high. Costco doesn't pull that sort of shit and they're doing extremely well among big-box marts because they have loyal and hardworking employees.

I just hope it becomes more of a trend for employers to realize that treating employees with decent pay and scheduling actually is better for their business in the long run.

>> No.8595681

>>8595414
I had a friend that used to tell me she was an aspie like me but imo was no aspie at all, more a shitty personality disorder. But oh well, other than myself i never met true aspies as friends or maybe they are undercover?I give weird aspie vibes a lot, but i look very normal... well dressing lolita isnt that normal...

>> No.8595684

>>8595681
Aspies can throw temper tantrums a lot and a certified psychiatrist certainly knows better than you

>> No.8595689

>>8595684
I only know one aspie that threw tantrums a lot, and he has always been in special education where nobody ever told him to fucking stop throwing tantrums.

I feel like a lot of aspies just kind of try to blend in.
I mean, personally I've started to just not tell anyone because I don't see the point unless something happens. It may come off as throwing everything on autism when it's convenient, but it's more that I'm afraid if I say it early on people will just see me as the autistic person.

>> No.8595700

>>8595689
Why would you even tell anyone, that's cringe as fuck

>> No.8595741

>>8595700
It's better when people tell you. I had a guy drop it on me half way thru a date and I was like oh, that's why he's being weird. A lot of shit can be avoided of you're just honest with people.

>> No.8595747

>>8595700
>cringe as fuck

Because when I actually become friends with someone I want to be open with them like a normal person? If they're actually friends they wouldn't give a flying fuck I got diagnosed with aspergers, if they do I know what friends can go fuck off.

>> No.8595757

>>8595700
If you tell anyone on the first time meeting them (date!Anon aside), it's weird as fuck and pretty cringe.
But if you've been friends with someone for a while, it might be a nice thing to know because it'll explain their behavior.

>> No.8595766

>Be me.
>Tell girlfriend I like to wear dresses.
>We go buy a couple of dresses at thrift store.
>>Too scared to wear them outside her house.

>> No.8595790

>>8595766
>be big guy
>acquire small gf
>give her a big hug
>it leaves a bruise on her back

What's the point of girls being like little birds? I'm not even trying to be rough with them, and they're getting hurt.

>> No.8595798

>>8595790
How do you hug someone so hard you bruise them..?
Although your gf specifically might've been one of those people that just bruise easily.

>> No.8595960

>>8594782
Honestly I get this feel, I'm so sorry this happened to you too anon.
>lone lolita for years
>find a tiny local comm
>everyone is big weebs
>no one knows how to coord
>but too close to leave
And
>everyone is really sweet and nice regardess of how weeby and clueless they are
>what do???

>> No.8596019

>>8595960
Keep silent and feel good about your coords on the inside. Wait for others to ask for critique before you offer any advice, or if you must, make suggestions in really inoffensive ways like "I bought you these tights because I thought they'd look cute with that dress you were having trouble coording!" or "Oh, I like that JSK you just posted, I've been looking for something with a similar color ways because I want to coord this blouse I own." But really the best thing is to keep it inside until they ask you for an opinion.

>> No.8596065

>>8596019
You are too kind for the world, anon. I've tried to help them in nice ways, I usually get the well lolita is just a fashion and "rules are just rules." I've honestly just accepted that they are my little poorly coorded weebs and I just gotta love them how they are.

>> No.8596079

>Tfw chubby and almost landwhale status
>Been dieting and working out since April non-stop
>Haven't lost a pound since
>Wants cry all day and now want to stop eating completely and jut do liquids to lose weight
>Just wants to look like a cute normal size lolita

Will I ever be a kawaii girl gulls? I honestly want to give up in trying to look better and just roll with it even though I used to be a 8/10 killer body and face. I feel like I might never reach my goals?

>> No.8596082

>>8596079
are you counting your caloric intake and expenditure?

>> No.8596085

>>8596079
are you recording how much you're actually eating? I always underestimate how much I eat when I don't log my meals on something like my fitness pal

>> No.8596090

>>8596082
>>8596085
Yup I have been recording my calorie intake everyday. I only spoil myself once I month with a candy bar or slice of cake just to keep cravings at bay. I burn more calories lifting and working out than what I eat in the day so idk. Maybe I should go to a doctor and see if they can help? I find it odd that no matter what, I can't lose the weight I have currently

>> No.8596092 [DELETED] 

>>8596079
Same boat, anon. I eat less/better than ever before while working out but I've made no progress. Have you had medical tests done to see if there's an underlying issue? Mine is most likely tied to digestive disorder I have.

>> No.8596096

>>8596092
Never had a medical test done in that sense. My mom has told me to just stop eating and just drink water and a fruit shake here and there but that's unhealthy and don't want to put my body in that risk. Can genetics be tied to problems in weight lose?

>> No.8596097

>>8596090
>Yup I have been recording my calorie intake everyday. I only spoil myself once I month with a candy bar or slice of cake just to keep cravings at bay. I burn more calories lifting and working out than what I eat in the day so idk.
Something's wrong your numbers here. I'm a 5x/wk weightlifter and I bike 1.5 hours a day and from my own (possibly flawed but run by several trainer friends) calculations I burn around 700-800 calories a day.

>> No.8596103

>>8596097
I use myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and I work out 5 times a week. Also I estimate my calorie burn but I know it's over 600 and I only week less than 1,250 calories due to my height and stuff.

>am pretty short
>only 4'11
>Perfect height for lolita
I might just go to a doctor and see if they can help since it seems odd by what I am seeing.

>> No.8596104

>>8596079
>I feel like I might never reach my goals?
I'd work on my grammar skills first if I were you.

That wasn't even remotely close to a question.

>> No.8596106

>>8595700
Being autistic and trying to build relationships sometimes feels like being honest to new lovers about your STD status. I tell prospective friends I'm autistic so they are informed and can tell me, "Don't do the hint-game or the silent-nos. If I fuc up tell me so I can take responsibility."

It is also my way of filtering people that will do me hard. I someone thinks I'm automatically going to be cringe as fuck for being autistic, then I don't want a sandy-ass cunt who licks too many salt-sticks.

I'd rather we both know and we can go our separate ways if it won't work out. I'd also rather people know they can be honest with me when I'm being cringe so I can straighten the fuck up. Because, despite what some adult-child auts may behave or how the rest of 4chan tries to act, I want to be an adult and take responsibility for my actions. I also want to have lasting relationships with good people, not douche canoes.

A lot of people appreciate the honesty. I've seen too many times how they relax more when they have a context for why I seem a little weirder; like they have a bit more of an idea of how to interact with me.

>> No.8596108

I didn't realize Labor Day was this weekend, so I could have gone to DragonCon after all. I'm so upset that I'm already planning for next year. I've been going to that convention for so many years, it feels weird to not attend.

>> No.8596109

>>8596103
>I burn more calories lifting and working out than what I eat in the day
This is what isn't clicking.

Your daily basal metabolic rate isn't 0 before you eat, start working out or lifting. Even for a 4'11" person BMR should be over 1000 kCal.

The fact that you think you can burn more than you eat in a day and still be remotely functional (not cripplingly hungry, massively fatigued, etc) to perform effective exercise leads me to believe there's some sort of misunderstanding about the metabolic systems in play here.

>> No.8596111
File: 57 KB, 500x268, giphy (2).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bf living with me
>he's currently catching up to being a functioning 23 year old
>i.e. getting his license, saving for a car, getting his loans in order, etc.
>what's really fucking annoying is that I have to share most of my personal stuff
>including my laptop
>on one hand I empathize because he had no help all his life and was working a dead end job just to pay rent so ofc he didn't have much to save
>on the other hand it's my fucking laptop and he's starting to get indignant if I don't lend it to him for a couple hours a day so he can play games
>whines if he catches me browsing 4chan, aimlessly dicking around on fb, or on one of my game sites
>he hovers near my laptop like a vulture whenever he's not working
>he'll do that annoying thing where a person looks at your computer screen as if they're browsing it too

>today
>cooking dinner for my family as usual
>always get bare bones help since nobody in my family nor bf likes cooking (or cleaning)
>pull up laptop for recipes
>plan to use it afterwards
>see bf swoop in on it while my screen is still logged in
>"YOU KNOW YOU'RE SURRENDERING THAT WHEN I'M DONE HERE?"
>he goes to sulk on the couch to watch tv

It's not like I have anything to hide, it's just -my- damn personal space and I'm starting to build up resentment like an older sibling that's being forced to share their shit with a younger brother. Also it's not like he doesn't have other means of entertainment: like a PS3, books, tv, a phone with mobile access. Just...god dammit.
>tfw want to browse lolita/cosplay in peace

>> No.8596123

>>8596111
He has a ps3 and can't afford a laptop? For buck's sake I just gave my cousin a gift for getting into a good college:
Lenovo ThinkPad refurbished with core i5 processor, I replaced the stock screen with an IPS panel and flashed the OS to a SSD. Whole thing was 300 bucks and 2 hours of work, and the stock laptop for $180 worked just fine.

What games does he play that he can't just get a $300 laptop?

>> No.8596127
File: 986 KB, 500x284, 2[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>convention tomorrow
>wearing a bodysuit with extra hip/thigh area padding that takes me a goddamn 5-10 minutes to simply wiggle in and out of
>period rolls into town as of thirty minutes ago
>YEAH FUCK YOU TOO, UTERUS

I've never had problems with cramps (luckily); just that I need to pee WAY MORE OFTEN in the early days of my period -- often once every hour.

>> No.8596131

>>8596109
I think people vastly overestimate burned calories. It's why it should really never be thought of in terms of "I burned off what I ate" in any way. The thing with exercise is that it needs to be extremely strenuous exercise to have a major effect or burn anything off. If you eat right and get any physical activity in, that's great. Exercise can help you tone up and burn off a few calories, but unless you're running marathons or hiking up steep cliffs, it's probably not burning off as much as you think.

>> No.8596138

>>8596106
This.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with Aspergers a few years ago and told me, and telling me fucking really helped our relationship out.
Nearly all of my jokes were wordplay and indirect shit. Naturally, I hide behind layers of "this can be taken one way or another" to guard myself against people. It comes off as me being a fucking, I don't know, book nerd, and people spin it as a positive because they get my dumb little jokes and games.

When he told me and we talked about it and the shit he didn't process, I started being way more straightforward and direct. I honestly don't know how he put up with my ass beforehand.

We get along great, but honestly, if he'd never told me I don't think we'd still be friends. One of us would get frustrated enough to leave.

>> No.8596142

>>8596127
Could be that you're pissing out some of that pre-period water weight. Might want to try taking some Midol a few days before the con, since it's supposed to deal with the bloating/water retention.

>> No.8596171

>>8596142
Water that you pee out is actually just stuff that's straight from what you eat/drink, the stuff you actually retain is lost though cell mitosis/perspiration/homeostasis/other bodily liquids like saliva and eye ball juice.

Peeing a lot on your period is usually caused by either slight swelling of the uterus pressing into your bladder, or you body sending muscle relaxants to the general area to help you let the blood out, but not being precise enough to not hit other bits (this is also why you can get period poops, because your body's muscle relaxant is basically a laxative when applied to your intestines).

>> No.8596175

>>8596123
>He has a ps3 and can't afford a laptop?
Should have mentioned it was a gift from his cousin, but still. We have Netflix, Crunchyroll, and at least two other lengthy games to play so it's not like there's never anything.

Anyway, he doesn't blow his money on games (thankfully). But he does throw money at little collectible things like Pop figures. I know his loans are kind of high because of backed interest, but it baffles me how he can't put aside money for a small laptop while he saves for a car. He tends to view things as all-or-nothing (i.e. "I'm not spending a dime until I reach my goal to buy x!") unless it's something he likes (sushi, a Pop figure, etc.)

What he needs is a second job, but that won't happen until his license and car does. So it looks like I'm stuck, unfortunately. I just need to vent these things.

>> No.8596178

>boyfriend starts getting into cosplay
>he joins a star wars boba fett group
>he's always gone doing fucking star wars shit
>idc about cosplay that much
>has all these homoerotic adventures with his new star wars nerd friends
I'm gonna do this with lolita soon but god, I'm kind of sick of him being gone all the time. It's weird to come home and he's not here because he's out running around in armor.

>> No.8596255

>>8596142
Thanks for the input! But I usually suspect that it's what >>8596171 wrote about a swelling uterus pressing into the bladder, since I know pregnant ladies pee all the time (though I'd never considered the part about muscle relaxants getting sent to the general area! ...which explains the period poops).

>> No.8596299

>>8596123
>what games does he play that he can't just get a $300 laptop?
All of them? Games are very intensive, and with a laptop you can't do the build-your-own thing that saves a lot of money on desktop rigs. My old laptop was pretty good but could still only get 30fps with league right when I bought it. The one I have now gets 60 (and would actually be able to play other, much more graphically intense games), but it's ~$1K and weighs a fucking ton.

>> No.8596307

>>8596123
>He has a ps3 and can't afford a laptop?
Are you familiar with the concept of 'saving money'?
Maybe he has an old laptop he uses for document editing and only got a ps3 after months and months of saving.
>
Lenovo ThinkPad refurbished with core i5 processor, I replaced the stock screen with an IPS panel and flashed the OS to a SSD. Whole thing was 300 bucks and 2 hours of work, and the stock laptop for $180 worked just fine.

Good for you but not everyone has the money or the skill to do that. Your patronising tone doesn't help either.

>> No.8596324

>guy
>at con, talking with people, socializing
>all the girls i'm interested in are all lesbians
I wouldn't care, but this always happens. Why can't i like straight girls, god damnit?

>> No.8596349

>attempt cosplay
>look really shitty
Why do I even try?

>> No.8596351
File: 135 KB, 1024x576, jake-the-dog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596349

>> No.8596366

>>8596324
kek, I didn't know guys actually fell for that.

>> No.8596367

>>8595700
I've noticed that when people don't know I'm an aspie, they assume all sorts of shit about me that makes it a lot harder for me to make friends or even be accepted in a group at all. I have had people accuse me of all of the following:
>She doesn't look me in the eye often; she's shifty and untrustworthy!
>She doesn't smile much and her voice is monotone when she talks; she must be lying!
>She doesn't make the appropriate facial expressions when I talk to her; she must not be listening at all!
>She keeps to herself a lot; she's arrogant and thinks she's better than the rest of us!
>She recoiled when I tried to touch her without asking first; she hates me!
I think when guys exhibit similar behaviour people are quicker to think they might be autistic, but since women with Aspergers are relatively rare/under diagnosed it's much easier for people to jump to the conclusion that I'm just a stuck up cold bitch. I'd rather risk the cringe of telling people I'm an aspie than have everyone assume I'm a rude bitch because I have trouble with eye contact.

>> No.8596379

>>8596367
Feel you on the women with aspergers being rare part.

Also I feel like it's just tricky; If you explain it early on people might get turned off or you'll always be that weird autistic person when it wasn't necessary, but if you don't explain you might run into problems later if you're having issues and they don't understand why.

I'm at uni right now and my teachers told me I should be straighforward and tell not only them but also my fellow classmates I have aspergers, but I really hate the idea of introducing myself with the fact I have that.

>> No.8596396

>Checked measurements before trying on new dress
>Put dress on
>wtf boob loaf??
>RIIIIP
>one of the front corseting pieces has come off a seam

fml, guess I put on weight since I ordered the dress. Stupid of me not to check. Thankfully the snap is super clean so I can stitch it back in delicately and hit the gym.

>> No.8596429

>>8594217
I Hear you,

>most of my friends are "over" the con phase, but my girlfriend and I have a group of friends.
>Main group of friends heavily imply I'm too old for this shit

>> No.8596437

>>8596367
I am not diagnosed with Aspergers, but have my own issues that manifest basically like how you described. I feel you on the false assumptions part, I relate to every one. To top it off I work in one of those stereotypically nerdy male fields where people have accepted that there are lots of awkward males. While it's certainly more gender balanced now than before, people are still more willing to cut awkward males slack than awkward females, so I see this double standard all the damn time.

Worse yet when people who don't actually know anything trying to armchair diagnose others to excuse legitimately bad behavior. I once interacted with someone who frustrated the fuck out of me, but my boss told me he thought that the dude might have had Autism or Aspergers, so I should humor him. My boss never asked the dude directly, he only talked to him once, briefly, and he has no background in anything that would help him diagnose others, he has no solid proof of anything other than what he knows from television about the topic. The kid straight up tried to ban me from typing while working on a project because he thought my text editor of choice and keyboard mappings were too inefficient, and that I didn't need to type because I should be sitting next to him while he types and helping him 'architect' things. I mean, I'm not saying that the kid didn't have some other underlying issue, but fuck how do you get to be in your twenties and people excuse this kind of behavior in a professional context? Luckily this was outside of work, so I could walk away without a second thought, but it was at an event where you should still be presenting somewhat professionally if you care about working in the area.

>> No.8596442

>>8595684
I'm not the type to throw tantrums a lot, if they are like this maybe because the problem is severe or another side of the spectrum?
Usually the problematic ones never grow up or never take responsability for their behaviour.
>>8595689
This anon. I don't tell to many people i'm aspie or they would treat me like a retard that needs to be coddled, i want be considered like a normal person. I cringe when some aspies or "supposed" ones want "special" treatment at work or school because they are like that. Grow up, please. Unless your issue is very problematic you can't ask for different treatment if you want to be accepted in the society and not seen like the "autistic one".
>>8596367
I know those feels, i can't even date in rl. Too sperg to interact with random guys i don't know. I could look like the weird girl that says weird shit, being cold or shy or don't get social clues, i don't trust people easily because i had bad experiences.
And most asperger girls are even wrongly diagnosed while some have the opposite, being considered aspie but instead it's another issue like mood or personality disorder.
>mfw my parents don't know i'm like this
>i don't want to go to the doc because i don't want to feel like a disordered person

>> No.8596561
File: 102 KB, 736x1104, 1441254197800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw i want to cosplay as pic related
>6ft1 210lb man with muscles
>Not sure if it would be recieved as funny or disturbing.

I personally think it would be funny as shit if someone else was doing a female version, and its not like i have a hairy beer belly and triple chins

>> No.8596574

>>8596561
>tfw 5'0" 100lb girl
>want to cosplay beefcakes
Trade with me.

>> No.8596583

>>8596574
Deal. You can stop by in the next hour so i can give you the horror that is sweaty scrotum in jeans. Seriously, boob sweat at least has the ability to look sexy. Nothing sexy aboot a man tugging at his crotch while shaking his leg like he has ants. Who're you looking to cosplay as anyway?

>> No.8596590

>>8596561
Do it, It would be amazing

I always love seeing big buff guys cosplay kawaii desu lil girls

>> No.8596596

>>8596561
If you're buff enough, it'll be funny.

There's a middle-area between 'accurate' and 'funny because it's not accurate' where a lot of people fall into that looks really bad. Sorta like the uncanny valley.

>> No.8596601

>>8596583
>ob sweat at least has the ability to look sexy
unless you sweat in the crease between boobs and get that red line down the center that will crack and peel if ignored.

protip for ftm crossplayers: antiperspirant between tits when binding. especially if you are crossplaying in high temps. your breast-crack will thank you.

>> No.8596603

>>8596590
>>8596596
I intend for it to be accurate as possible, though the wig may pose a problem.... may jusy have wing that part. Little turret gun will be a fun build though. The rest of the outfit itself looks like it can be bought online at any Japanesey store, unless you guys know an alternative

>> No.8596618

>>8596603
Scratch that, they sell whole kits for this apparently

>> No.8596644

>>8596442
I have bad anxiety + weird tics + a bit of a stutter and most people seem to feel uncomfortable around me and assume I'm a sperg. I don't have aspergers, I'm perfectly capable of discerning social cues, but I'm always so scared I'll fuck up that I inevitably do.

Can't even blame it on being a sperg, people just think I'm lame.

>> No.8596649

>>8596644
Yeah. I'm constantly worried I come off as autistic, but I've never had tantrums or attacks to spur the need for a diagnosis.

>> No.8596657

>>8596649
Same, I'm normally very calm, quiet and good-natured. I do chimp out when I'm stressed out a lot, but never in public and never past crying a bit and eating copious amounts of ice cream.

>> No.8596659

>>8596649
you don't need tantrums or attacks to spur the need for a diagnose, I got diagnosed at 17 because when I started crumbling under pressure all the small things I had always done just became 10 times more obvious.

Not attacks or tantrums but in my case it would be moments of crying when I started feeling out of place and being unable to work in group projects.

>> No.8596666

>>8596649
>>8596657
>>8596659
You're not austustic, just awkward. Jesus

>> No.8596670

>>8596666
Dunno about you but I got a solid diagnose and if anything I wish I was just awkward but I'm autistic.

>> No.8596674

>>8596670
Doctors will say everyones fucking austistic just to squeeze more money out of morons like you. Take your buzzword diagnosis and grow a pair.

>> No.8596675

>>8596666
I didn't say I'm autistic, I said people think I am.

>> No.8596679

>think i look cute or above average, sometimes i think i look bad, no big deal
>girls always tell me i look cute online and irl
>only creepy guys hit on me
>have thick bangs+oval glasses and dress like a hispter (big sweaters, etc lol) or american apparel aesthetic (tennis skirts)
>skinny
>not loud and obnoxious like the girls i hang out with (i love them though)
>guys who hit on me are always outcasts, doing bad at college, unattractive, etc
>what is wrong with me
the current guy has asked out my friend 20 times and threatened to murder her the last time. and he keeps dm'ing me on instagram. pls kill me gulls

also
>want to buy more lolita dresses
>being weird about spending money for some reason
>i don't really have anything to spend it on and i have a ton of money saved now
>afraid i'm growing out of lolita

>> No.8596681

>>8596679
Post pic

>> No.8596705
File: 228 KB, 392x384, 1425719244631.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I work the night shift, and my housing situation doesn't allow me to use the kitchen/fridge the only place that's open when I'm done working are fast food places.

I'm sick of putting this shit in my body, I feel grosser and grosser with every meal and can feel myself getting fatter.

I can't wait to move out and eat healthy, tone down and cosplay characters with their midriff showing.

God I feel so gross why would anyone willingly do this to themselves

>> No.8596711

>>8596666
That was the point of my post though (I'm >>8596649). I haven't done anything to warrant a serious diagnosis of autism, but I'm worried that I come off as autistic to other people when I'm actually just awkward.

(nice quads by the way, I was wondering who'd get those)

>> No.8596715

>>8596705
Can you bring food to work and store it in a fridge or something during your shift?

>> No.8596721

>>8596715
Naw, I work from home in tech support.
sucks

>> No.8596725

>>8595790
This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

>> No.8596740

>>8596705
Gas stations sell small salads and stuff. Maybe even drop by a Walmart/target and get something less gross??

>> No.8596745 [DELETED] 

>>8596079
>>8596090
>>8596096
There must be something off with your numbers, because even for someone with a genetic condition several straight months of accurate diet and exercise should have some effect. If you do weight training, please consider any muscle gained during that time.

Could you tell me what you eat in a day, what your workout regimen is, how much you weigh, and if you're getting enough sleep at night?

>> No.8596747

>>8596079
>>8596090
>>8596096
There must be something off with your numbers, because even for someone with a genetic condition several straight months of accurate diet and exercise should have some effect. If you do weight training, please consider any muscle gained during that time.

Could you tell me what you eat in a day, what your workout regimen is, how much you weigh, and if you're getting enough sleep at night?

>> No.8596756

>>8594872
You van either do both, jave another study and work on art if you have the discipline for it. But other than that: try to search for a good school. I started with drawing anime things, I do it like for fun now, but I get normal illustration jobs. But the thing is: you should believe in it and really want it. Doubt is no good.

>> No.8596763

>>8596740
>the only 24 hour one is 30+ minutes away.
feels bad man

>> No.8596800

>on track to be on worst phase of period for RuffleCon
>while working

I hate wearing brand while bloated, bleeding, and shitty. Not to mention the breakouts and menstrual migraines. I can't back out of what I volunteered to do, but I'll be working through a flu-like condition and I am so disappointed.

>> No.8596834

>>8596679
Iktf anon, with the only attracting weird creeps even though people tell me I'm cute and "I can't believe you're single!" The only people who hit on me seem to be drunk or high or both.
I got to know and befriend plenty of cool guys but they always end up treating me like a little sister, telling me how cute I am and ruffling my hair and being all protective even when I'm actually older than some of them. I guess we're just not sexy enough or something?
>tfw sister-zoned

Whatever it is, it works very well with lolita so hurray for that.

>> No.8596861
File: 509 KB, 500x270, unnamed.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be chubby, too chubby for burando
>decide to lose weight and be a beautiful lolita
>lose over 20 pounds
>fyeah.jpeg
>buy tons of skirts because still got big tits
>3secondslater.divx
>get sick
>inflamed intestines
>get bloated
>no skirt fits right now

Well... At least it's gonna go away in a while but I feel pretty crappy right now.

>> No.8596869

>>8596834
The problem is that you're in a big city full of people with crippling dependence on technology and the internet.

In that environment, where there is ready access to girls of all levels, all the "good" guys will be too busy trying to make money / get fit / achieve success to want to settle for a girl he can get at his current level. Meanwhile, this leaves only the hedonistic dtf anonymous sex guys and the limp wrist no ambition hopeless guys flooding your social circle like a dating ddos attack.

The only real way to find long lasting traditional happiness is to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere, and only go into town on special occasions.

>> No.8596881
File: 2.00 MB, 298x270, notonmyhead.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Okay, I'm super fucking pissed right now.
Some of you may remember me from the lolita general thread a little while ago. I got a really shitty order from Violet Fane. Since we last left off:
>le me trying to work this shit out without involving more money
>asked VF for another pannel of skirt fabric to remake myself and sent back Asylum dress for her to completely redo. (instead of only getting like 30% refund)
>VF says that she'll be on vacation when package arrives so she'll deal with it when she gets back
(I follow VF on her shop and personal social media accounts)
>Today she posts 3 new fucking looks at Regalia Event that she plans on releasing
>these are not including the 2 new ones she revealed before
>totals 5 looks she's planning on releasing

That's not a vacation, that's a fucking business trip.
She told me in the emails we exchanged that this was her first time doing such a big release and it was too overwhelming for her. She told another anon that she planned on slowing down because other people were displeased with her rushed quality as well.
>mfw I actually like the prints she showed at Regalia
>mfw I want to scream from the mountain tops that no one should ever buy from this chick!

>> No.8596942
File: 391 KB, 200x283, 1440051618450.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596834
>>8596679
Maybe you're not as cute as you think and people just say that to be nice

>> No.8596945
File: 66 KB, 660x330, the salty seagull.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596942

>> No.8596948

>bf just agreed to couple cosplay with me
>will be basic bitch closet cosplay, jake and lady rainicorn
>still super excited and happy

>> No.8596951
File: 821 KB, 1330x1080, 1432299248337.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596945
You're the ones complaining about only getting attention from weirdos and potential murderers, not me.

>> No.8596957

>>8596951
If you think about it, whining that the only people who give you attention when you're dressed up funny are weird is such a first world girl problem. You don't even have to go to a third world to find people dressed in rags, who no one gives a shit about, fighting tooth and nail to crave a path of survival in a world that straight up thinks he is automatically a creep / killer because his face isn't handsome.

>> No.8596970
File: 512 KB, 368x207, tumblr_inline_nm7lfbjySG1tq8esh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596957

>> No.8596973

>>8596957
Knowing this place those "creeps" are probably just average dudes but the gulls refuse to believe they deserve any less than a 10/10

>> No.8596975

>>8596945
sauce on this?

>> No.8596980
File: 348 KB, 540x600, 515165454.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596957
If they don't find you attractive, they don't gotta date you, simple as that. Calling you a creep is just a quicker way to get you to fuck off.
2/10 I replied.

>> No.8596981

>>8596975
It's some bar/grill in Bali, Indonesia.

>> No.8596983

>>8596980
why you feeding the feels thread troll though

>> No.8597000

>>8596973
To be fair, it's not so much that gulls want 10/10 guys, it's more that the absolute scale of n/10 is a thing now. Like, in the real old days (think industrial revolution), folks would look at each other and think to themselves "wow, I've never seen someone as cute as her" or "he is just so masculine unlike anyone I've ever known" and fall in love with each other based around that fact that neither had a better reference point.

Today, we see beautiful, smart, sexy, fun girls / guys every where, so no one in our real life comes even close to the production level professional quality people we see on tv / internet. So we're not impressed by anything, and so can never experience the sort crazy stupid impulsive love we read about in dumb vampire books.

So the end result is that we're all single; we're all too busy playing the absolute rating game and trying to optimize than taking action with the first person who fits our individual relative rate meter (which doesn't exist anymore)

>> No.8597007

>>8597000
Nah. People in the old days married for the fuck of it. I've asked my mom about it and she said "it was just the thing to do." Maybe for an impulsive love, maybe because there was someone of the opposite sex there and that was good enough. That's why I find it funny when people say teenage dating should be taken seriously because "my grandparents met when they were 14 and they've been married for 60 years!!!!!!!" They put a bigger focus on getting married quickly and churning the kids out, not so much love.

The current generation puts a bigger focus on compatibility and deep attraction and all that. Have a couple flings when you're young to figure out what you like, but most people now are putting off marriage until they're 30.
Love hasn't changed, attraction hasn't change, it's more of just social trends.

>> No.8597017

>>8596980
And the guys you like don't want to date you either. Guess that makes you a creep too.

>> No.8597019

>>8597017
Not into guys, sweet cheeks.

>> No.8597021

>>8597019
Nice phase

>> No.8597029

>>8596957
hi /r9k/

>> No.8597034
File: 31 KB, 350x409, 1394714003465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597021
You wound me so.

>> No.8597040

>>8597034
A board of early 20-something women involved in a hobby focused on pictures and getting attention is bound to be full of women doing anything to make themselves feel more special and unique.

Not to say I think lesbians don't exist at all, but I take every college age girl claiming to be one with a grain of salt.

>> No.8597046

>>8596644
I have...uhm not really weird tics but i touch often my face, neck, hair like a tic. I do this without realizing it, ugh. Anxiety.. i get it in some situations like meet new people. I fit perfectly the aspie spectrum infact, sigh.
>>8596649
I'm in a very stressful moment right now (social situations), i internalise my anger and stress but i end to look like i'm pissed (not raging or angry to throw tantrums) and frustated without explanation. But in reality there is a cause thing is i don't tell much about my issues.
It's weird to feel like this because i'm a calm, relaxed person.
I have heard when aspies get lots of abuses even just mental could develop some Borderline personality disorder traits. Is that true?I got worried about this.
>mfw i tend to attract BPD people a lot
>why this

>> No.8597053

>>8595790
Does she normally bruise easy? That seems weird, even if you are a big guy.

>> No.8597056

>>8596367
Aspie woman who hides her aspergers here, I've also gotten
>she doesn't talk in class (when the teacher's talking?? because what is being quiet in class and actually paying attention??) like all the rest of us do, she must be antisocial!!
>(tfw facepalm, they didn't know that of course i talked to my friends outside of class)

>> No.8597059
File: 405 KB, 676x576, 1420999128902.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597040
maybe they just claimed to be gay just so you'd leave them alone

>> No.8597061

My job is making me really pretentious. I have to know a lot of things about a variety of different subjects, and I enjoy sharing that knowledge with people but recently I've noticed that I've become one of those people that always has to one-up someone else's fact.

>> No.8597062

>>8597059
Maybe you make personal insults when people question your super special unique identity to avoid acknowledging that they're right.

>> No.8597063

>>8596175
Is this the guy who was whining that you wouldn't take him to his LARP stuff, even though you did?

>> No.8597064

>>8596367
I don't want to sound rude here, but do you have solid confirmation that this is what these people were thinking?

It could just be that you're overthinking things.

>> No.8597065
File: 68 KB, 221x259, t903829.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597062
Pretentious dicks like you are partially why I'm gay.

>> No.8597067

>>8597065
So you willingly admit you care more about your social image when calling yourself gay than actually being attracted to the same gender.

>> No.8597070
File: 141 KB, 500x400, t38295.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597067
Nah, I like girls plenty. I just would've been bisexual if men weren't so gross.

>> No.8597071

>>8596869
Calm down Amish-chan.

>> No.8597075

>>8597070
You did things when you were 12 to feel cool or special or fit in that you look back and feel stupid for now.

The same will happen in another few years.

>> No.8597081

>>8597064
not that anon, and not an aspie, but i have gotten feedback like that from people at work and school. a lot of it comes from after people get to know me, and confess about what they thought i was like. sometimes it's supervisors at work (retail) telling me why i need to be more friendly.

so it does not seem farfetched.

>> No.8597088

>>8597064
additionally, anon says she has been accused of those things, so no, not overthinking it.

>> No.8597096

>>8596679
Same.
>at local meetups & cons people only pay attention to me because I'm the cute one
>all bought cosplays because idgaf about cosplay but it's fun
>wearing plain coord
>get asked for pics by photogs and interviews bc I'm cute
>but only get hit on by sexual harassment lesbians and lolicon weebs with no money
>tfw I just want a cute person who gives me sunflowers for my birthday

>> No.8597103
File: 51 KB, 500x321, 026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597075
I was wondering when that projector would turn on.

(you're wrong, honeybuns)

>> No.8597106

>>8596090

I hate to be that anon but you have to understand that you are either overestimating burned calories or underestimating consumed calories, probably both. Your posts speak of a great misunderstanding in regards to how our metabolisms work. Perhaps you need to see a doctor to have your eyes opened, but the sooner you understand that as long as you are not losing weight, you are eating too much, in essence. You've got the perfect height for a lolita, and you can have the perfect body too if you just hang in there and correct your misconceptions!

>> No.8597113

>>8597096
Please define "cute", what does that word even mean? For example, little children are cute (at least in theory, in practice, they're almost all little brats), because they're energetic, clueless, happy, and so completely helpless.

On the other hand, the guy who is responsible, smart, skilled, and brave / lucky enough to bust his butt and have money, and at the same time free enough to devote a lot of time and or effort to be romantic, most definitely can't be helpless / clueless.

>> No.8597124

>>8597113
There's many different kinds of cute. Anon's definition seemed mostly like just a general term for attractiveness, which varies with each person.

Basically: yes you can find someone cute without seeing them as a helpless baby.

>> No.8597137

>>8597096
>>tfw I just want a cute person who gives me sunflowers for my birthday
>biggest complaint about the guys that hit on you is "no money"

Why even bother lying if you're going to reveal your true motives on the very next line?

>> No.8597143

>>8597137
>nothing wrong with dating a lolicon weeb though, nope

>> No.8597166

>>8597143
>at an anime con and complaining about people being weebs
>getting upset at people for being attracted to the body you have

And of course, there's always the very strong possibility those other 2 problems are either exaggerated or made up in your head so you can feel like less of a gold digger.

>> No.8597170
File: 143 KB, 863x752, see you in hell.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597166

>> No.8597173

>>8597170
I'll take your lack of any real response as an admission that I was right.

>> No.8597190

>probably won't have the money to go to my yearly con
>probably won't have the time, either, because I have a new baby
>friend just reserved the hotel room for us because it was about to sell out, didn't realize I wasn't planning on going

>> No.8597192

>tfw every single time i post in a thread it dies for a long time afterwards
i am cursed

>> No.8597195

>>8596834
Kek. Being sister-zoned usually means you're not all that attractive or just not their type.

They don't want to hurt your feelings because you're the "nice quiet girl". Saying "you're like a sister to me" is much easier than saying "sorry, you're not my type" because girls hate rejection. Also, it kind of halts any advances she could possibly make before she makes them, thus meaning she doesn't get rejected because she is never given the opportunity.

Also, if a guy says "sorry, I'm mature enough for a relationship" or "I'm busy with work, I really can't date"-- it's just a nice way of rejection; don't ask again.

Mfw remembering the excuses I used to nicely say no.

>> No.8597196

>>8597137
Not gonna lie, harping on a girl for being interested in guy for (at least partially) his money is just like harping on a guy for being interested in a girl (at least partially) for sex. Yeah, I get it, sex and money are considered dirty through the lens of love and romance, but, get real, we're human, and just like you'll rightly cheat on a girl who has absolutely no sex drive, a girl can and should leave a guy who can't make money.

>> No.8597235

>>8597196
Hardly seems like a fair comparison. Getting money requires time and effort. And getting lots of money requires lots of time and effort. Meanwhile every woman is just born with a vagina. And using it requires very minimal amounts of time or effort. It'd be like expecting people to trade gold for your leftover toenail clippings.

Compound this with the fact that women are earning the majority of degrees and earning the same if not more amounts of money than men and it becomes completely ridiculous that men should have to give up so much money while women give essentially nothing.

>> No.8597238

>>8596429
How old are you?

>> No.8597244

>>8597103
don't give him attention. him being a dick is the only way he gets girls to respond to him. its the only attention he recieves

>> No.8597255

>>8597238

26 and gf is 22

>> No.8597267

>>8597063
Yep. Good call anon. That was me. Weirdly enough he found a problem with that group's main admin so he doesn't beg me to go as often anymore. Maybe once a month or two, which is more doable.

>> No.8597269

>>8597255
The fuck? Your friends are saying you're "too old" for conventions or cosplaying at 26? Give it another decade and then you might want to consider whatever reasons they're coming up with.

I mean, you can't even drink until you're 21 and that's when the cons get really good.

>> No.8597284

>>8596178
Mando Mercs or 501st?

>> No.8597290

>long time comm regular recently or so ive noticed talks shit about other comm members via facebook status without blocking them weekly
>lately a few of us have been catching on
>announced shes moving pretty much as far as she can get
>a few of us incredibly relieved
>"JK IM NOT MOVING" while posting depressing statuses for a few days
>"Ok jk im now just moving half as far away"

>ffs i cant wait until she leaves. Who knows if she wasnt the one who caused all the drama.

>> No.8597292

>>8597269
IKR?! And it's not like I don't have a steady job or have grown in all these years. There are thing we have left behing *coughcompetitiveYu-gi-oh!cough* but still, it's a taboo word with them.

>> No.8597318

>>8597292
It really just depends when they started going to conventions. For some people they start really young, so by 26 they might have been attending for almost or over a decade. If that's the case then not only have conventions lost their novelty, but your friends likely view them as part of their young adulthood too. Almost all of my friends have attempted to shed those years and get involved in something else and I'd imagine it's not much different for everyone.

>> No.8597326

>>8597235
Lol what do you by "fair"? Fairness is highly subjective, and your idea of fairness is going to be highly biased by your own necessarily self centered lens of life.

You say making money requires time and effort, but really, what is effort? If we define effort as time spent doing something you dislike or find distasteful for whatever reason, then what women are forced to put up with to maintain their reproductive systems should also be considered effort. Furthermore, women are subject to far more physical and emotional "effort" from sex than guys are, and, by happenstance of estrogens effect in the female, women don't need sex anywhere as much as men.

So then from a female point of view, the ability to not have physical problems, sit around at a desk for 8 hours a day doing self important tasks that you can possibly learn to enjoy and get really good at and be paid money with which you can buy the fruits of her monthly suffering might seem just as unfair.

In other words, there is no "fair" or unfair, only market value where a man will trade his money for a woman's sex (amongst other personality, love, mutual interest, blah blah stuff). Which means, once again, faulting a woman for liking money is just as "unfair" as faulting a man for liking sex.

>> No.8597328

>>8597326
pls no derail

>> No.8597335

>>8597326
>lying on my back for a few minutes every so often is just SOOOOO hard. I DESERVE these hundreds if not thousands of dollars in free rent, food, gifts and god knows what else in exchange for it.

Boy women sure do get defensive when you point out that they rely on that all-access-pass called a vagina that they're born with to get literally everything they have in life and never have to actually earn anything.

>> No.8597339
File: 57 KB, 256x256, madoka-kaname-4894_preview.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw getting tagged as someone's lolita bestie for the first time

>> No.8597342

>>8597339
aw

grats anon

>> No.8597379
File: 117 KB, 910x892, 1406634876135.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597326
I know you're trying but this guy is relentless.

>> No.8597396

>>8597326
>So then from a female point of view, the ability to not have physical problems, sit around at a desk for 8 hours a day doing self important tasks that you can possibly learn to enjoy and get really good at and be paid money
Goddamn this is the most retarded logic I've ever seen.
It's like claiming you'd rather be born poor and get to work for some rich person for meager pay rather than just be born the rich persons child and get tons more money for doing nothing.

And you overlook 2 things that I feel should be rather obvious. Men also like money and women also like sex, and the fact that women fucking have jobs too (or at least they should) often with equal or more pay than men do if it's their early 20s. Why you think the dynamic of "man and woman both make money. man and woman both do something enjoyable. man has to give woman all his money and do her a bunch of favors" is somehow fair and equal.

Really why are you so afraid to just admit you were born into an easy mode life? It's not like you'll have that easy mode taken away by saying it. Just an ego issue? Well at the very least you're aware that women are all essentially whores since you believe so firmly that relationships are just a glorified form of prostitution.

>> No.8597398

One of my friends is suddenly selling her ultimate dream dress, which makes me worried because I know how much she loves it and was excited to get it. I hope everything is okay with her.

>> No.8597403

Can you two stop bitching already, shit

>> No.8597404
File: 67 KB, 1280x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That feel when all my friends come to me when they need some to cosplay a stoic characters because I have a severe resting bitch face but in reality all I wanna do is cosplay cute happy characters.
Why genetics, why?

>> No.8597407

>tfw you're the first person to make a cosplay for a certain character or a certain outfit a character wears

>> No.8597411

>>8597404
why not pick your own cosplay?

>> No.8597417

>>8597411
I usually do, especially when I cosplay alone but when we do group cosplays we usually go for looks over love of the character.

>> No.8597419

>>8597407
First cosplays always look like shit 2 months later when others come along and do them better.

>> No.8597422
File: 862 KB, 523x639, tiem.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596178
>mfw to short to be a stormtrooper
oh wait i dont care

hes living the dream

>> No.8597431

I went out of my way to go to these conventions to hang out with you more than I usually can, and you go and start acting like a jerk. I am so hurt, you have no idea. I appreciate what you did for me, but now it just feels like a token to placate me so I'll go away. I miss the "you" I knew when I first met you. You were a kindhearted person. Now I don't know who you are anymore and it makes me so, so sad.

I hate when people change. I hate when people suddenly dump you for "better" friends. I supported you through thick and thin. You ditch me at the first chance for people, simply because they're more connected than I am. Sorry for being shy? I can't help that fact, but I'd still support you and care about you regardless. It's not fair that this is a one-way street. You didn't care that I wasn't well-connected back when you began, but all of a sudden now that you're popular it's an issue? The funniest thing of all is this "popularity" is all in your head. Stop being a hypocrite. In reality you are equally or less popular than I am. But hey, whatever makes you feel better about yourself. It's pretty pathetic.

Don't ask me for help, and don't come crawling back to me. See if any of your new "friends" will stick by your side and put up with your immature shit like I did. Good luck, I won't waste your precious time anymore...

>> No.8597435

>>8597419
You sound bitter

>> No.8597441

>>8597435
"FIRST!" cosplays have always been and will always be awful. It's like a law of cosplay.

>> No.8597458

>>8597441
I've seen a ton of great first cosplays, dunno what you're talking about.

>> No.8597460

>>8597422
It's a dream I have no interest in tho. It's a problem.

>> No.8597468

>>8597458
I think you're confused - anon is saying that "me first!" cosplays (as in, the cosplays hastily thrown together the instant a design is revealed) rarely look good, if ever. Not "baby's first cosplay" which is what I think you're reading it as.

>> No.8597499
File: 970 KB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_2015-09-06-01-38-27.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel disgusted by this follower on Tumblr and I want to tell him to kindly fuck-off, but at the same time I dont want to start a shit storm or wake uo a troll.

>> No.8597502

>>8597499
jump on dat longdick gurl

>> No.8597505

>>8597499
You can block people, they won't know they just won't see any of your shit.

>> No.8597508

>>8597096
You're awful tbh what is this even

>> No.8597510

>>8597505
Idk what tf I did but Im on mobile, went to settings, switched some stuff accidentally, app logged me off and it wont let me log back in.
Says its a connection issue but my wifi is working.

>> No.8597515

>>8597468
I knew what they meant, I'm being sincere, some of the first cosplays for characters/designs have been pretty good, if not great.

>> No.8597522

>>8597499
I really regret clicking this. Absolutely disgusting.

>> No.8597532

>Feel like shit cause idk how to make friends
>speed dating at sac anime ended in me going to my room and eating
>play mario kart till game room closes
I hate sac for its early closing and myself for not knowing how to attract girls

>> No.8597533
File: 44 KB, 329x480, 1414709449877.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597499
im sorry anon that's gross

>> No.8597539

>>8597499
Holy shit I've never laughed so hard

>> No.8597562

>>8596090
SUCROSE IS THE DEVIL
any time you eat something that has a large amount of sugar, you will store it as fat. Just completely cut sugar out of your diet

>> No.8597566

>>8596111
set his ass straight.
if he's going to act like a child, treat him like one.
those bad habits aren't going to just disappear on their own.

>> No.8597583

>>8596721
You work from home? Invest like 100 bucks in a mini fridge with a freezer, throw it in your room. Then you buy fruits and veggies and live a healthy life from then on

>> No.8597590
File: 78 KB, 412x351, 1355351864825.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Stop wearing lolita for 5 years because I was tired of always had to commission due to being overweight
> Lose some weight but still 30 lbs away from wearing brand
> Decide to wear a coord anyway
> Go to local con and get asked for pics and receive a bunch of compliments
> Go home and notice boob loaf
> Can't upload pics online anywhere anymore

>> No.8597634

>learn the existence of a con next week
>tfw my tenso package will be here two days after
>why did I paid for SAL instead of Airmail?
>tfw I will have to wear a coord I already have worn in cons and with minimal accessories.
>I just wanted to try OTT for cons.
>fortunately next one is in only 2 months..

>> No.8597635

>>8597326

Anon stop trying please, you picked the wrong side, you've been proven wrong, and now you're shitting up the thread. Accept defeat and post feels.

>> No.8597640

>>8594118
I told one of the girls in my comm I'm married (I'm fairly young) and now whenever I mention shopping and hanging out at cafes she says she wishes she had a rich husband.

Mine isn't even rich, he's a deadbeat who works in Subway and is the same age as me. I'm just older than her, don't party every weekend and have my own business + a part-time job cleaning old people's homes.

Not my fucking fault you're incompetent.

>> No.8597663

>>8596881

Ugggh that's so painfull anon, I'm sorry. I followed your posts from before and it's so unfortunate her quality is so shoddy.
>literally will never buy from her because of your reviews
>thank you based anon for these updates and reviews

>> No.8597672
File: 14 KB, 150x150, cLNfdQVXMqU7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597431
anon this resonated with me, a couple of years back my best friend of 7 years did the same thing. The people she ditched me for were drama mongering girls who eventually turned against her.
When she was ousted from their group she tried to get new friends, but instead turned into a massive SJW (literally every tumblr trend we all hate), started getting everyone to refer to her as 'they', not because she was gender fluid or trans or whatever, but because she 'didn't believe in pronouns'. She's turned into a total lolcow and spends all her days high on weed or doing shrooms alone, and mooches off her grandmother for everything, including money, food and shelter.

Trust me, people like that will get what's coming to them. Be strong, and if your friend wants you back in their life, my advice is to say no. You deserve to be treated better, not like a second option when no one else is there to hold their hand.

>> No.8597676

>>8597640
get him to meet your dumbass comm friend and keep his subway hat on

>>8597672
>started getting everyone to refer to her as 'they', not because she was gender fluid or trans or whatever, but because she 'didn't believe in pronouns'.
this is like not believing in nouns. it makes no sense. tell her she's being eurocentric by denying other languages their gendered forms.

>> No.8597680

>>8597676
>tell her she's being eurocentric by denying other languages their gendered forms.
'Eurocentric' doesn't work as the literally second and third biggest European languages in the world (French and Spanish) are gendered romance languages. 'Anglocentric' does.

>> No.8597682

>>8597676
Exactly. We have a mutual friend and one day she was at that mutual's house when I was there and she started getting all SJW in our faces. She kept saying 'You guys all identify as female, but that's what the patriarchal society wants you to do! You should identify as 'they' because pronouns are oppressive.'
I straight up said 'okay, so we have to call you 'they' but you don't have the decency to refer to us as 'she'? If we're respecting you, you should respect us."

I'm a feminist as well but damn, I've never experienced anything like that. It was like all of tumblr came at me irl

>> No.8597689

>interested in lolita and cosplay since 13 years old
>family is poor so I never had the chance to cosplay or go to cons or buy lolita
>am 22 now
>have a job and disposable income
>hells yeah now's my time to shine
>cosplay a few things
>go to a few cons
>realize I don't enjoy cons because I feel like I'm too old for the scene, I don't know anyone and I don't particularly even want to make friends with 13 year olds, plus I hate missing work
>realize I don't enjoy cosplaying because the time/money put towards cosplaying could be used for so much more important/useful things
>dont feel like trying out lolita anymore either because I might just find it a waste of money too

Ugh when did I become so boring?

>> No.8597691

>>8597682
i'm also a feminist and it's always so odd hearing about things like that irl. i mean often 'tales of the sjw(fedora/that time i looked at the camera like i was on the office)' are blatantly fake for internet points, but of course all those jerks on the bowels of tumblr have to turn off the computer and get groceries at some point. so they probably are just as weird irl as on the internet

>> No.8597693

>>8597689
Lolita seems like a better option though because 1. You are not too old and 2. You don't have to visit cons to wear it. 3. Doesn't take up much time besides what time you spend shopping or going to meets.

>> No.8597696

>>8597691
Yesterday I legit saw a live SJW in the bus.
Shaved back of head, fringe dyed purple, T-shirt that says 'smash the patriarchy', ugly and fat with problem glasses.
She also looked to be about 14.

>> No.8597700

>>8597689
Get a toned-down wardrobe that you can wear frequently, then it's higher quality clothes that you like wearing instead of these fancy dresses that sit in your closet that never see the light of day.

>> No.8597721

>>8597691
I know right? Before she said all that I knew she was crazy, but I never thought that people were actually that batshit insane irl, or at least that I wouldn't meet them.

To top matters off, she rants about capitalism and how terrible it is, all while she's holding her iphone 6. She's also changed her name by deedpoll and she sounds like some 14 year old's self insert OC. I wish I was kidding.

>> No.8597724

>>8597696
I met a girl on tinder and she told me, after we connected on FB that she likes to wear 'shirts that make cis white boys cry' and she is also a misandrist.

Like, no.
The first could be funny, the second makes you a tumblrina and you can fuck off.

>> No.8597739

>>8597721
what's her new name
cmon, or at least half of it, whichever half is less cringy

>> No.8597743

>>8597696
oh and to make matters worse, this is a big city in Northern Europe where women are treated like fucking polar bears so there's zero reason for her to 'smash the patriarchy' that doesn't even exist here

>> No.8597750

>>8597743
>patriarchy doesn't exist here

I'm sure racism doesn't exist there either am I right. Fucking northern europeans thinking they live in utopia just because they think it's "good enough".

Doesn't really excuse obnoxious ppl though.

>> No.8597751

>>8597750
No, racism doesn't exist here :^)
But i'm sure a whiny ameribrat will find a reason to complain any day

>> No.8597777

>>8596065
you are an angel, bless your sweet heart.

>> No.8597801

Alright, /cgl/ here is my 'I was raped but I never realised it' story.

>Be eleven
>Enamoured with local female cosplayer
>Talk, talk join in with this super popular group
>Eventually me and cosplayer sleep together
>be thirteen
>cosplayer wants me to get them off
>happens until I'm 15
>15 years without sexual reciprocation while I bought food and shit for her
>when I finally confronted her for being a selfish, horrible, nasty disgusting person she came to my house at 2AM on a school night while some poor exchange student lived in my house
>She bit me
>she bit my nose
>I HAVE A SCAR ON MY NOSE FROM A WOMAN WHO WAS 23 WHEN SHE HAD SEX WITH A 14 YEAR OLD.

I didn't think it was bad at the time but I look back on it and I see just how badly I was manipulated. I just feel disgusting all over that I was so stupid. I was basically a sex toy and I've thought about reporting it as statutory rape but despite the fact that i know about a mark on her genitals i don't want to do it.

it's too vomit-inducing.

>> No.8597885

>>8597676
Isn't 'they' a pronoun, though....?

>> No.8597888

>>8597885
Aimed more at >>8597672's retarded friend, not you. Replied to the wrong post.

>> No.8597957

>>8597743
Wait what, like polar bears? In what way?

>> No.8597962

>>8597801
Do it, bitch deserves to go to jail. That's really fucked up no matter how you look at it.

>> No.8597970

>>8596942
I've thought that but I never ask for compliments, if that makes sense? I guess if you post a selfie it makes sense for people to comment something nice. But a lot of times at school, etc people that I don't even know will randomly tell me that I'm cute. Most recent one was three days ago when my friend introduced me to her friend and she said "Oh my god she's soo cute!" like three times haha. I don't randomly tell people they're cute/whatever irl unless I really think so because it's not expected, ya feel? And after going on cgl and lolcow for a while I'm convinced that I'm not ugly- I mean, I know a lot of ugly people are delusional but I can pull off cosplay, lolita, etc so that means I have to have some level of attractiveness. I have had normal guys compliment me though but we never have similar interests and stuff. Shit sucks bro, but maybe I'm too picky?

>> No.8597985

>>8597499
Holy fuck he looks kind of like my deceased grandpa I was really scared for a second there but then realized it wasn't him

>> No.8598011

>>8597957
I'm guessing protected as they are an endangered species

>> No.8598014

I just graduated and there are no jobs related to my degree subject in this city. I only moved here because it's well known for being great for jobs in my field. It's been three months and I haven't even got my foot in the door - I don't even know where to begin. Even temp agencies won't take me.

I feel completely useless. The only thing keeping me going is waiting on taobao orders I made months ago. I'll probably have to resell most of it just to make ends meet.

>> No.8598016

>>8598011
Oh, I thought they meant that people are kind of frightened of them.

>> No.8598074

>> mom tella me when I was 3 I was diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder
>> asks her for the paperwork or something I can use as a lead to get more info in it. Nope
>> asks dr about it he ignores me and tells me to lay off my sleeping pills
>> wtf I want info about my ASD
>> dr who diagnosed me ia retired and lives in the other side of the world now
What do i do

>> No.8598090

>>8597743
>treated like fucking polar bears

The only way she'd be justified in whining is if she lived in fucking Svalbard.

>> No.8598093

>>8597750
>Fucking northern europeans thinking they live in utopia just because they think it's "good enough".

i mean. northern europe is a lot better than 90% of the world, so, they're probably pretty damned close. i also hope you're not implying that the "patriarchy" does exist there, or anywhere, because then you'd be fucking retarded.

>> No.8598094

>>8597235
Girls are expected to make cash as well. I'm not gonna date some bum who won't even get a job because he's a lazy sack of shit.

>> No.8598105

>>8598074
there might be a support community for ASD folk in your area. look it up and see if you can get an advocate to help you.

>> No.8598115

>>8598090
nope, sweden, as in the country with radfem nutters in the parliament. maybe if she were like a muslim girl but she was as white and swedish as they get and even if she weren't I doubt a 'patriarchal oppressive' family would let their daughter walk around looking like tumblr vomit

>> No.8598228

>>8598093
Northern Europe is probably the most gender-equal places in the world so I'm really not sure what anon was getting at.

Racially though, nah, they're just homogenous. But that's not the issue here.

>> No.8598248
File: 112 KB, 268x290, https%3A%2F%2F41.media.tumblr.com%2F7063589c16d927e17550b34b7ffd6a27%2Ftumblr_npxp7jbc3e1uy6eq9o1_400.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a great hourglass shape that I work hard to maintain and it would be great to do a lot of more mature cosplay. I wish i could do black widow, I even have a wig that is perfect, but I have a serious baby face. I get called "little girl" by older women when I'm wearing baggy clothes but get honked at by men in cars when I wear tight workout gear. I wish it was all or nothing so I could stick to cutesy petite characters or had a face to match my age so I could cosplay other characters. (any ideas for shapely characters with baby faces would be appreciated)

>> No.8598334

>>8597739
I'm not evil enough to give her whole name, but she changed her middle name from Grace to 'Gray' so it would sound less female. She's that sort of freak.

>> No.8598340

>>8597885
it is, and I don't mind calling her/them that, but she thinks that everyone should go by 'they' and refers to everyone as they, even when myself and others have told her that we prefer being referred to as 'she'. It's not the fact that she has preferred pronouns, it's the fact that she won't use our preferred pronouns just because they line up with the gender we were allocated and we don't want to be 'they' all the time.

>> No.8598341

>>8598074
I call misdiagnosis. Same shit happened to me, I ended up tracking down my medical records, turned out the quack who diagnosed me couldn't even spell 'asperger's'. Spoke to my doctor about it and asked if I could take an adult autism assessment, I did, turned out I was misdiagnosed from the start. It was a colossal waste of time.

>> No.8598345

>>8597672
I forgot, she wants the world to refer to everyone as 'dmab's and 'dfab's instead of male or female.
Which I think is dumb because surely to tell whether someone is male or female or dmab or dfab or whatever, you would have to see their genitals, which is the opposite of the point of all her gender shit

I give up

>> No.8598346

>>8598248
Nozomi from Love Live would be perfect for you. You might also want to look into contouring.

>> No.8598350

>>8598248
Maybe Meiko Shiraki from Prison School? She's meant to be school age, so babyface could work, but she also has an extreme hourglass shape

>> No.8598351

>>8598334
I'd just start calling her Sasha

>> No.8598376

Reposting my feels from last thread because they're still relevant and misery loves company:

I'm a helpless weeb who wants cosplay friends and a cosplay bf to go to conventions with but I really struggle to make friends. I'm either too introverted or too extroverted, I think I alternate between being very unapproachable and dismissive looking to being too much of a hyperactive social butterfly.

I've been going to conventions for years on my own, occassionally making short lived friends here and there who eventually grew out of anime. The loneliness is beginning to sting on every journey home, on the streetpasses lingering on my DS, on every blog post I make to my ~10 followers about 'how fun today was'.

I don't want to be one of these people lurking on the sidelines for a partner doing the 'con dating' thing, I just want to throw myself into a silly weaboo romantic comedy. But as the evening draws closer and the crowds thin out, I find myself roaming around the convention space slightly faster and slightly more desperately, trying to find those people I saw during the day that I wish I spoke to, hoping they are catching a ride back home in the same direction as me.

It's so painful going alone. I want excited con-morning text messages, I want the freak show stares on public transport with everyone packed and ready to go. I want to be bundled in seats of the train on the ride home among bits of costume and goody-bags full of my friends' hauls, I want the shoulder to rest my head on when we all start to split off separately and I can begin to feel the cold. Sorry I got a bit poetic there, you can probably tell that this cuts me deeper than it should.

>> No.8598383

>recently discover i was born with slightly ambiguous genitalia
>fully female internal organs, XX chromosomes, fertile, etc., just masculinized at birth
>parents made the obvious choice and had me go through feminization surgery
>be clueless about this, nobody ever told me
>start crossplaying as a teen
>start crossdressing too
>struggle with gender dysphoria and gender identity issues for years
>decide to try living as male at age 20
>abandon all female cosplays and feminine jfash
>focus on more masculine versions
>mom finds out a couple years later and is heartbroken
>spills the beans about me being born with "deformed" genitals
>blames herself and meds she took while pregnant with me
>"You are my beautiful baby girl, anon. God made you to be a woman, but man-made medicine spoiled His plan. This isn't your fault," blah blah blah
>she offers to pay for therapy to "fix" me back into being a girl again
>starts commenting on my male cosplay pics online with, "My daughter is so creative and pretty!"
>delete her comments and block her on social media while i deal with this shit

I was nervous about medically transitioning to male and have just enjoyed cosplaying androgynous guy characters and passing IRL maybe 60% of the time, but learning this, that I experienced a high amount of androgen exposure in utero, and that I had surgery to "open me up" and reduce clit size (fuck you, doctors, that was unnecessary) explains a lot of the dysphoria. I have had other problems with my family, and knowing they held back something like this adds to my many, non-cgl-related reasons to break free of them.

I feel like a tumblr cliche, but fuck it. I'm going to stop making new cosplays while I figure out how much therapy and hormones will cost. Wish I had done this sooner so I wouldn't have so many "Pre T" pics of me floating around the internet.

>> No.8598450
File: 90 KB, 426x590, 1394761991498.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8598351

>> No.8598462

>>8598376
Whenever you meet someone cosplaying the same thing as you, hang around and talk to them about the thing for a bit. Ask if they want to get food with you, or "Hey I'm going to this panel, wanna come?" or something. If they accept, make sure to exchange contact info later. Actually contact them sometime after the con and try to build things up from common ground.

>> No.8598472

>>8598383
Rather than trying to appeal to all-feminine or all-masculine, just do what feels right. There's nothing wrong with doing female characters if you like them, same with male.
You can go on and transition if that's what you'd prefer, I just get the feeling that you put yourself through more stress than necessary.

Don't be too bothered about the Pre-T pics either, think of it as a show of how versatile you are, or how far you've come.

>> No.8598483

>>8598376
>I'm either too introverted or too extroverted, I think I alternate between being very unapproachable and dismissive looking to being too much of a hyperactive social butterfly.

wow......this

>> No.8598484

>>8598376
If it's any consolation, I'm also a mostly-solo-flyer who's been attending cons the better part of a decade (I'm 27, I think I'm supposed to be kicked off /cgl/ soon). The vast majority of my IRL friends are either completely normie or kiddy-pool-deep casuals - this isn't meant to be a slight on them, we are friends for other shared interests. I think what you are seeing and looking for isn't what the vast majority of congoers experience. It certainly hasn't been mine since I was 17 and that was a decade ago.

I do have friends I attend conventions with, but they're by and large people I knew from elsewhere; whether high school or college, etc. But given geographical limitations it's rare for more than a few to be in a place at one time. That's life.

I think the internet has kind of made a lot of us a little weird when it comes to social norms - it is fully possible to have a relationship with like-minded or shared-interests friends without ever leaving your comfort zone. What this does is make us kind of clueless when it comes to the small maintenance things that turn acquaintances into friends. Text messages, well wishes, going out and doing stuff or just hanging out - I'm guilty of letting potential friendships drop by the wayside because it happens to be inconvenient.

I guess the tl;dr of an oldfag dude from 2006-era 4chan is that you're going to have to put in some real work to develop and maintain these friendships. Might be weird and awkward for a while, but chat up your new con friends, ask them for advice, and get them involved.

>> No.8598500

>best friend and I are inseparable always shooting together and Cosplaying together
>everything is perfect
>family trouble/breaking up with SO
>gets depressed and starts to keep distance so I don't bother anyone
>gets shit posted on CGL, not for a Cosplay but a REGULAR SELFIE
>bestfriend tells me to get over it
>gets other friend and starts Cosplaying with them
>stopped responding to my messages
>Bestfriend makes sappy post on how they never enjoyed Cosplaying with others until now
>constant sappy posts
>feels bad man.jpg
>confronts friend
>blames me
>????
>salty AF

Good part is I made two friends that actually care about /me/ and not Cosplaying popularity etc

I'm not going to lie tho, I still feel salty when I see them posting pictures together

>> No.8598504

>>8598383
You might find this video pretty interesting, especially at 16:30 on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPfR3FWzVY

>> No.8598507

>>8598462
>>8598484

Thanks anons, you make me feel better. I'm not as old as 27, but I'm well into my 20s though I have the benefit of looking and acting much younger.

I think a big part of the problem is that I have no facebook or anything like that so it's hard to stay in touch. I have tumblr which is good, though.

>> No.8598517

>>8598507
Tumblr helps a lot.
Usually a few days before a con, I'll make a post announcing what I'll be cosplaying and on what days, and then tag the convention.
It's pretty often that people will follow you if they're going to the same con, and especially if you're cosplaying from something that they like too.

>> No.8598526

>>8598376
Hey girl drop some of that contact info I'll be your bf.

>> No.8598535

>>8597801
What a monster. I would tell someone and have them help you report her to the police, try to find texts/messages/etc to back up your story, etc. I don't know how far you'd get, but we can root for you.

>> No.8598536
File: 391 KB, 321x240, 1351923199208.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8598526

>girl

>> No.8598541

>>8598383
I wish you well, anon!

>> No.8598542

Saw this fresh OC in the cringe thread:

>Mfw peop6lr think i like Lolita because im into age play

>Halloween store is open early
Low-and-behold they carry a large line of cosplay stuff there
> Went in to work on collecting things for my parody cosplays
>She starts gushing about anime, manga, cosplay, and "lolita chans"
>Nod while pricing tags and mention "I like Lolitas too, theyw have some pretty nice dresses"
>She just eyes me and says "Is that why you have a beard? You wanna be a daddy-sama?"
>Bert stare at her and stammer out a incredulous "what?"
>"Cmon big guy. You're tall, handsome, looking all rugged and stuff. You wanna fuck a little lolita doncha?" She says with a grin
>Freaking out inwardly and hurrdily smash shit back into their shelves
>This is why i should never speak in public
>This fucking weeb tricked me
>What the hell is a SAMA?
>These thoughts sprint through my mind asshe keeps teasing me, sounding like a horribly accurate Von Schweet
>"You wanna bend them over and play with their frills doncha big guy? I bet-..."
>Grab a witch hat and shove it down over her face
>Sprint the hell away, shouldering open the door and careening past a gaggle of high schoolers
>Drive away, thudding my head on the steering wheel in frustration.

>I was just bullied by a 5ft 3 weeb. I cannot fathome the shame. My biggest fear has finally become a reality: People think im a lolita perv when all i like are the prints

How would you guys react if an attractive older man complemented your gussied up self? It appears we hold some kind of.... brand fueled power of some of the rougher sex.

>> No.8598549

>>8598542
Just a succubus out of your money. You right to run.

>> No.8598557

>>8598549
I'm sorry? Im not the Anon in the story, I just posted his story here.

>> No.8598585

>>8597663
I'll post an update when I eventually get the dress back. I'm not expecting it until maybe end of Sept, sometime in Oct.
She never told me an actual date, so if she doesn't get back to me in a couple weeks I'll message her.

It just really pissed me off that she's saying all this shit, but then continues on the track she was on before.
I understand if you have a lot of ideas and you wanna make pretty dress, but take a chill pill. Release only what you can handle.

>> No.8598588

>>8596881
Please please post this in the Lolita General. This needs to get more attention.

>> No.8598593

>>8596367
I have trouble with eye contact too, the best way around it is to look at the spot between their eyes. To them it still appears you are holding eye contact. I personally find it less intense/invasive. Might be worth a try, see how you find it.

>> No.8598596

>>8598011
But that's not good...?

>> No.8598602
File: 35 KB, 400x455, meeseeks_can_do.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8598588

>> No.8598618
File: 60 KB, 536x528, 1335545780903.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8598536
You'll be whatever I tell you to be.

>> No.8598750
File: 54 KB, 300x668, 1439761585499.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8598618

I'd be happy to crossplay for you, Anon. But only if you'll pair with me.

>> No.8599228

So I met this girl in my class and she's really cute so I kind of have a crush? But I think that I'm probably way too eager when I talk to her and maybe she thinks I'm creepy. Related because I found out she cosplays and goes to local cons and I didn't think I'd meet anyone like that in college. I don't really care if we don't get together, I'd be fine if we just became good friends, but I find it hard to keep down the thirst... I don't want to scare her away or anything. I'm just kind of excited considering how rare it is for me to find someone who shares my interests irl outside of cons.

>> No.8599327

>>8599228
>So I met this girl in my class and she's really cute so I kind of have a crush?
That's not a damn question. Why does everyone here randomly turn statements into questions?

>> No.8599462
File: 2.13 MB, 371x500, 1438712544486.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8595790

>> No.8599468

>>8599327
You are so summer, get the fuck out of here.

>> No.8599470
File: 60 KB, 650x962, 2c205cd569692bf23569c445ed5b9837.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My mother and baby brother are being held hostage and most likely dead in iraq.
I wear lolita as an escape fantasy because coping with this is too hard.
I even like ott sweet for ageplay aspects, when I used to be sickened by it.

The idea of putting on a frilly dress looking like a princess and escaping my real world issues is just so appealing.

>> No.8599480

>>8599468
Summer is over. You can't use it as an excuse for being stupid.

Oh wait you probably can't understand what i'm saying. Let me rephrase it.

Summer is over? You can't us it as an excuse for being stupid?

>> No.8599780

Bumping for feels

>> No.8600034
File: 62 KB, 660x572, 1430000517014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8599780
Now this is some serious newness

>> No.8600053

>>8599780
how new are you though, like for real

>> No.8600256

>>8600034
>>8600053

I'm sorry I should have been more honest, I'm not new and I know better.

Bumping in hopes more people will feel sorry for me/make me feel better

>> No.8600257

>>8599480
That's the thing! Summer is over, so it's weird that you're still here.

>> No.8600259

>>8600256
Oh I feel sorry for you alright.

But not in the way you probably wanted.

>> No.8600273

>>8600257
I'm not summer. And I don't much appreciate being called that by tumblr.

>> No.8600534

>>8596429
Heh, my friends aren't necessarily too old for it... they're just so fucking lazy and it gets worse as they get older. No one I know sets goals to do much of anything in terms of hobbies. They just piddle away at the computer or marathoning Bob's Burgers. We used to talk about finishing our costumes and working on our script for skits... Shit do people even really perform skits anymore? Even that seems like it's not a thing in general at cons anymore.

>> No.8601025

>finish cosplay 6 months before con
>everything is fine, not perfect but fine
>bought the fabric from the temporary aisle
>5 days before mini local con
>try on cosplay, last time it fitted perfectly
>I fucking gained fucking weight because of stress issues and obviously sedentary life
>it wont fit anymore, not even the zipper closes
>fuck my lazy life
>sad as fuck because I never watched my weight
>No cosplay this con

>> No.8601230

>>8598248
Mikuru from Haruhi.

>> No.8601702

>>8600256
you seem new because you are trying to bump a thread that already has over 300 responses

if you don't know why that's so funny, you are a newfag no matter how long you have been here

>> No.8601943

>>8601702

Sorry, I know the 4chan bump limits have been jiggled around a few times. /vg/ is 750 at the moment I think.