[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 299 KB, 445x450, 1439747566551.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8592678 No.8592678 [Reply] [Original]

What do you define as "elitist" in lolita? Would you consider yourself one? Has anyone ever called you one, whether as simply stating a fact or to insult you? Do you think elitism is good or bad for the fashion? Anything else related to the subject to add?

>> No.8592684

>>8592678

>dressing as a stupid doll
>judging anyone over not being dressed as a stupid doll well enough

Hey, uh, go you, you tell them.

>> No.8592707

>>8592678
I've posted people to ita threads so I think that probably speaks for itself.

>> No.8592808

>>8592684
Did someone post you in an ita thread and hurt your feelings?

>> No.8592816

>>8592808
That anon sounds more like a cosplayer or someone who isn't into lolita fashion at all imo

>> No.8592821

>>8592816
That's exactly what I was thinking anon.

>> No.8592827

>>8592684
This is pretty accurate. Most local comms don't even give a shit unless you're a squealing prancing satin cringe monstrosity.

>> No.8592828 [DELETED] 

>>8592816
Even better. I love it when cosplayers on /cgl/ get holier than thou over our "elitism" and rules when they take theirs even more seriously.

>> No.8592830 [DELETED] 

>>8592684
I'm sure if you saw a cosplayer wearing glued together felt for make shit armor, you'd have nothing but positive things to say and think about them, right?

>> No.8592838

>>8592684
I'm guessing you're a cosplayer who knows nothing about the fashion? Do you not value critique and standards in cosplay?

>> No.8592853
File: 140 KB, 502x420, 1440956338093.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8592678
>What do you define as "elitist" in lolita?
I think the worst offenders I've seen are comm veterans who shun newbies and people who they deem unworthy to get to know, even if they're not ita.
Basically if you don't have "their" style (goth vs. sweet) and you don't kiss their ass, you're worthless to them.

And yes I dislike these types more than the opposite end of the spectrum, which would be indie/handmade elitists who think they're better because they don't buy brand.

>Would you consider yourself one?
No, I'm nice irl and not a damn cunt. I give people chances, and don't immediately write them off as people just because of fashion highjinks.

>Have you ever been called one?
Not to my face, and as far as I'm aware.

>Do you think elitism is good or bad?
Definitely bad. It damages the reputation of the fashion and scares off newbies who had potential.
Yes, there's a difference between a militant ita who refuses to change and a slight ita who could improve within their own way. Not everyone is going to be a stellar, popular lolita, BUT they can look good in their own ways.

Elitists hate seeing someone else develop and grow because they still consider them inferior, and once they show signs of progress the elitists get insecure and jealous because they perceive it as new competition.

>Anything else?
I imagine many elitists browse cgl and are actually proud of their behavioral disorder and looking like assholes to anyone decent.

>> No.8592855

>>8592678
People that have a decent wardrobe, appearance, and coording skills that don't like to associate with people who aren't also at least decent in those 3 aspects.
Bonus points for being mean or efame hungry.
I think my wardrobe is too lacking. I do find myself judging people on their coords or appearance, but I don't talk about it.
>Has anyone ever called you one, whether as simply stating a fact or to insult you?
Sometimes my poorfag friends scoff at my brand, but no
>Do you think elitism is good or bad for the fashion?
I think it's just people being people, and the fashion just incubates these kinds of attitudes. It sucks when people aren't nice to newbies or post shit about their comm on btb, but unless they're a real menace, it doesn't matter much.
>Anything else related to the subject to add?
I think newbies/tumblrfags need to get over the ~bullying~ thing. It's not just because this is an "elitist" community, this shit will happen no matter where you are.

>> No.8592979

>>8592678
The most accurate response was given by >>8592855

Yes, I hate it when newbs dont bother doing their research, slap a bow on their heads and some shitty lace and call it "lolita cosplay".
>Has anyone ever called you one, whether as simply stating a fact or to insult you?
Sadly I dont belong to a comm so there is no, only a brand-whore (which is true), one to call me elitist. But if I lived in a town big enough Id love creating a super elite comm of only the best dressed, shun on itas and other ~mean~ stuff

>Do you think elitism is good or bad for the fashion?
I think elitism keeps the standards high for some girls who can afford it, creating a distinction between lolita fashion done well and lolita fashion done poorly.
>Anything else related to the subject to add?
I really hate this Tumblr mentality of ~I tried therefore no one should critizice me~ its only enabling itas to think they xan do no wrong and reflecting negatively on others who take a lot of time and dedicarion to the fashion