[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 474 KB, 570x449, 1370916014856.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8584767 No.8584767 [Reply] [Original]

Please let's try to keep it /cgl/ related this time.
Going first:

>i have this nasty habit of feeling like such a special snowflake for wearing kawaii shit (not full on OTT, i don't like OTT anything tbh)
>i even look down on basic bitches for looking bad and sneering at me like "ugh such basic bitches, leggings and Uggs so boring i'm so much cuter and speshul"

Also
>there is this lolita i had a problem with because her kawaii azn crush told me i was cute in front of her and how he kinda fancied me
>ever since she hated me and told shit about me like how i look like a fish,am ugly,...
>now it's constant but toned down rivalry
>i was really annoyed but now i take a secret pleasure in being cuter in pics,having a prettier wardrobe,prettier room,...
It's so superficial i'm ashamed but that's a good feel for when i'm feeling down.

>> No.8584851
File: 351 KB, 704x396, 7756194.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8584767
I suspect the majority of lolitas are just the same.

>> No.8584887

I wear lolita for attention.
I don't believe anyone truly dresses for themselves. You dress a certain way because you want to express yourself so others can view you the way you want - not so you can. When people do things to feel pretty, it's not just because they want to feel pretty about themselves but because they feel good when others regard them as beautiful.
I also get very jealous of other people in my comm and wish they would take me to their house and let me play dress ups in their clothes.

>> No.8584903

>>8584887
For me it's a bit of both. Even if other people find what I'm doing ridiculous I still feel like a spiffy, fashionable girl at the end of the day. And I do it because I can, and I prove to myself and others that I can.

>> No.8584907

>>8584887
>I also get very jealous of other people in my comm and wish they would take me to their house and let me play dress ups in their clothes.
Omg same

>> No.8584912

>>8584903
Oh well that too. But you don't feel like a spiffy fashionable girl because just of what you are wearing, it's because of what society/other people view as that and have impressed onto you.
I wear lolita because I enjoy it. But I enjoy it because of other people.

>>8584907
yay, someone like me!
I also have this horrible habit of saving addresses of people I buy from or sell to, in case there is an apocalypse or something so I can go to their house after they die and take their burando. Not even kidding.

>> No.8584922

>>8584912
>But you don't feel like a spiffy fashionable girl because just of what you are wearing
Truthfully anon, I don't own anything else that looks remotely princessy or dolly, so without these clothes I would feel pretty fucked. You have to admit the largest part is the clothes themselves.

>> No.8584925

I hate most other lolitas and lolita culture. I'd be a lone lolita if I wasn't such a fucking pussy and didn't feel so anxious walking around in it by myself.

>> No.8584930

>>8584925
Me.
I just wanna take good pictures of my in lolita and wipe the floor with casuals who try and get good co-ord pictures at meets with cellphones.
That way I can have pictures of me looking 10/10 forever while they look common and boring as fuck.

>> No.8584934
File: 40 KB, 747x419, 600420-20anarchy_stocking20panty_and_stocking_with_garterbelt20reaction_image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8584912
>yay, someone like me!
>I also have this horrible habit of saving addresses of people I buy from or sell to, in case there is an apocalypse or something so I can go to their house after they die and take their burando. Not even kidding.
You wha-...
But i kind of have the dream of being able to steal from some people or just like go in their bags at night to take money, just for one night i could break in whichever house i want without being noticed and take whatever i like.
Or even walking in stores at night and being able to do night robery. But it's all fantasy i tell myself..

>> No.8584935

ITT: Personality disorders.

>> No.8584946

>>8584887
>>8584907
I would actually love to take some of the members of my comm with smaller wardrobes to my house and dress them up. I've done it once before, and watching their face light up as they see how cute they are in different pieces makes my heart melt.

A confession of my own: I've stained a friend's brand with makeup, and they brushed against me again and got a second makeup stain. One stain came out, the other didn't. I'm glad they haven't killed me yet.

>> No.8584967

>>8584934
It is all fantasy. But it's a nice fantasy.

>>8584946
C-can I be your friend? :^)

>> No.8585016
File: 79 KB, 494x804, 54dfbc2f903d92a6f74fdfc598e1f64b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8584946
I can't wear lolita or anything because i still live at parent's house and they are crazy strict, they don't even know i'm lesbian. They would throw me out. I dress kinda tomboyish with large dark clothes because i have low self confidence.
But i went to a friend's house (spoiled brat,she used to be my friend but she is really psycho...i got enough of her last week, she would always put me down by "you're always so cute,you make me feel like shit, stop talking to me" or telling me to "shut the fuck up" when i tried to tell her that it was not true...so i finally told her off and stopped trying to comfort her, take my poorfag money to buy cute snacks for her when i saw her or even end up in tears from her mean comments "you pissed me off by having so many comments on your new pic so i'm tempted to tell you something really mean")
she told me i was going to be her "doll" for the day and it was a dream come true. She dressed me up in adorable (yet not OTT) sweet lolita, i couldn't stop twirling and for one rare time, feeling cute and pretty and smiling and taking pics and my eyes would be all shiny and i would shyly ask "c-can i try this one on?" "can i touch this accessory?" and fawn over all her pretty pastel stuff.
It was a good day.
Well until she threw a fit later that day because she lost a pink sweater out of her sight at the store where there was a sale and became mean to me because it frustrated her. Meh.
I just want to be pretty and cute and have friends. She was my only friend in real life.

>> No.8585033

>>8585016
gurrrrl she sounded bratty and horrible you did well you'll find other friends eventually anon fo sho

>> No.8585039

A coworker invited me and some of his friends out for a fancy dinner and told me to "dress up". I wore lolita and he was rubbing on me the whole night. We later hooked up in his car, I was in full lolita, petticoats everywhere.

He turned out to be a real douchebag and sex just wasn't satisfying with him. I've since sold basically everything I've worn that night (blouse, skirt, even the jewelry) just to make myself feel better.

>> No.8585043

>>8584887
I dress for me. There are things I won't wear out of the house because I wear them for myself and don't like the attention they draw when I wear them out.

>> No.8585061

>>8585016
It sounds like she has worse self-esteem than you do, if it helps.
I'm a fucking doormat when it comes to pathetic people, but I'd feel kinda bad that I was making a pettier friend feel inferior just because I was getting more attention than them.
As long as you recognize that her behavior has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with her personality, then anon you'll be fine in this world. Other people are just as likely to be the problem than you are.

>> No.8585065

>>8584934
I do this. If they ever then fuck me over in the future, i can get them back.

>> No.8585080

Part of the appeal of lolita and jfashion for me is to look like an anime girl. It's not the only reason I like it, but it's significant.

I had a friend who lives far away stay with me for a while, and told her I would dress her up. She's larger than me, and asked if that would be okay, and I said I had dresses with shirring, so it would be fine. This was like a month before she came...When I saw her irl, while she's not fat by any means, she's built stocky with MUCH larger boobs, so I pretended I forgot about it so that she wouldn't stretch my brand.

>>8584912
u wot m8

>> No.8585133

On FB if anyone I dislike has a fake animu name or even uses a nickname thats anything j/related I report them to facebook. Took down an entire maid cafe and a dance troupe.
And so many weebs. SO MANY. I stopped counting at 30.

But now I can't seem to report people for using a fake name. Don't know if I've overdone it and lost the option, or if FB just stopped doing it.

>I would check if the person was employed first and if they had to use a different name to keep their job first. If they did then I wouldn't do it.

>> No.8585146

>>8584767
>I got into lolita years ago because I wanted to wear it for halloween
>fucking embarrassing

also,
>lolita has made me a picky/snobby bitch
>i look down on normalfags for not knowing the kawaii life

>> No.8585150

>>8584967
Wear my cute things and make my heart go dokidoki plz anon
>>8585016
Who the fuck takes stuff out like that on their friends? I wish people weren't so screwed up, in particular, there's way too many lolitas with issues.

>> No.8585168

>>8585133
>Took down an entire maid cafe and a dance troupe.
>And so many weebs. SO MANY. I stopped counting at 30.
Sounds pretty badass read like this.

>>8585146
>i look down on normalfags for not knowing the kawaii life
I want to draw a lolita looking down on basic bitches (oversized basic sweater,plain leggings or with that horrendous tribal print, uggs and vans,holding their iphone and coachella bag and sipping starbucks) while saying "peasants"

>> No.8585174

Sometimes I post pitty posts about my cords to get attention. I enjoy it.

>> No.8585231

>>8585133
Wait, wouldn't working at a maid cafe be considered a job?

>> No.8585262

>>8585231
"working" More like saying they're part of a group that volunteered at one event and ever since just spams facebook with in character maidu selfies.

And the not getting someone fired from their job is like not reporting teachers. Teachers often use a fake name so students can't find them or something.
A maid cafe can just re-form and shit. They formed themselves. They can just get back together.

>> No.8585269

>>8585146
I don't dress kawaii but I believe wearing lolita has only made me more fashionable even in normal clothes.

>> No.8585290

>>8585262
My parents use fake surnames for that exact reason, most schools have a social media policy in place.

>> No.8585300

>>8585016
I'll be your friend Anon. I'm glad you cut that brat out of your life.

>> No.8585303

>>8585016
Omg anon I so want to be your friend and dress you in frillies!! You sound so sweet. I'm sorry that that happened to you, you were obviously too good for her.

>> No.8585343

>BFs family had BBQ today
>I didn't go because anxiety is bad and they shout as a method of talking and it gives me panic attacks.
>Also I hate BBQ's because of fear of under cooked food. BF says it's silly
>He goes, I stay at home and work on cosplay (cgl bit)
>ask him to come home after BC I get super anxious when home alone. Old house that creaks like shit, and a lot of burglaries in my area in the past 2 weeks.
>He sulks and strops about coming home but does.
>Get home and he's impressed with how much I got done while he was gone.
>I remind him that he needs to work on our props (I do sewing, he does props)
>He gets sick, turns out he has food poisoning from the BBQ.
>Very smug

When is it acceptable for me to joke that the time spent at the BBQ was a bad idea, he could have been working on props?
Because I'm a smug fucker right now. A smug fucker with another component of the costume done.

>> No.8585378

>>8585343

You're well on your way to becoming a lolcow.

>> No.8585401

>>8585343
You sound fun

>> No.8585405

>>8585343
This makes absolutely no sense. You need balance in your life. Jesus.

>> No.8585412
File: 34 KB, 800x450, head tilt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8585343
Why are you smug about your bf spending time with his family while you stayed at home working on a costume like a neurotic cave lady? People have gotten food poisoning from fancy restaurants, too you know. It's a risk you take whenever you aren't personally involved with supervising how your food is stored, handled, and made.

>> No.8585414

>>8585343
I went to a family barbeque and there was a lot of meat being cooked. There was a lot of other food too with who knows what kind of food preparation done. Maybe people didn't wash their greens!

No one got sick.
The meat was thoroughly cooked and not overcooked
The greens and fruits had been washed properly

>> No.8585419

>>8585133
I hope a thousand penises ravage your mother.

>> No.8585424
File: 216 KB, 996x345, BPT-REALITY-CHECK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8585343

>Smug that someone chose a family outing and having fun over working on a hobby that should be fun and not a fucking job.

You sound like this guy I was friends with who put everything on the back burner for cosplay. Seriously, you need a fucking reality check.

Asshats like you ruin what's supposed to be fun smh

>> No.8585433

>>8584887
>I wear lolita for attention
>want to play dressup
tbh, I think you're just putting yourself down. If you enjoy putting on and coordinating clothes, you obviously enjoy the art of the fashion as well. If you just bought full AP sets and sold them after wearing them once, you would just be an efame whore.
You're totally right about dressing to look beautiful to other people. It's a slippery tumblr slope, but it is true.

Also: what is this weird notion about lolita fashion=princess=frills=beauty. Especially among lolita-at-hearts, "I want to be a frilly princess too so what if I have to buy from milanoo". It's obviously a lot easier to justify looking weird by saying that it's a particlar fashion, but other than that, I don't get it. Why not just buy cute forever 21 clothes and call it a day.
Petition to end use of the word "frills". The only super frilly dresses are sissy dresses.

>> No.8585481
File: 32 KB, 250x250, 1387494246544.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8585343
Brat.
I can only imagine how annoying it is to be in a relationship with you.

>> No.8585492

>>8585343
You know, trying to keep a significant other from seeing their family is a hallmark of being an abuser in a relationship.

>> No.8585505

>>8585492
>>8585343
Fear of BBQ? Now I've heard everything.

>> No.8585509

>>8585412
>while you stayed at home working on a costume like a neurotic cave lady
Nyart, but I understand the whole "not wanting to be around people who have to yell to have a conversation" thing. I hate having to go to noisy places so I can empathize.

>>8585343
What I can't empathize with, though, is keeping someone from doing things they enjoy, or seeing family. BBQ's aren't a bad idea, and food poisoning happens. Joking happens too, which is actually acceptable, but "you can't go because I'm paranoid" is taking things a little far.

>> No.8585511

>>8584934
I had a dream that had to do with my boyfriend being sold off to be married to some rich ugly Chinese girl in China.

Eventually in the dream while I was homeless in a park trying to find him we run into each other which somehow lead us into the "Taobao warehouse" which was also underwater. I grabbed a bunch of kawaii clothes and Lolita stuff that magically wasn't damaged. Then I woke up a bit after that and was very disappointed.

>> No.8585520

>>8585492
She doesn't sound flatly abusive, she just sounds manipulative to a fault. Both her and her bf enable her anxiety as a crutch to not face the unpleasantries of life.
>because everyone totes loves hanging out with their loud SO's family while simultaneously questioning their cooking practices
You go to be polite, not because you like the idea or their food.

>> No.8585527

I feel like I have psychological withdrawal symptoms when I don't buy something. I've only been in Lolita for 2 years and I buy something every month, whether it's a dress or just a few tiny accessories. Usually during the summer months I have a ton of conventions and I still cosplay so I don't wear it, but I stock up on artist alley jewelry.

This summer, I bought one dress and a pair of shoes two months ago and have not bought anything since. I've been getting insanely depressed and haven't been able to sleep, and I've been feeling nauseous and exhausted and anxious from barely being able to eat. I reserved a dress next month, although I'm going on out of town trip and shouldn't buy more, but I feel like I have some weird sort of drug. I think it's because my ban lasted 2 (technically 3) months instead of the usual 1 (which is usually 30 days across the end of one month and the beginning of the next). I didn't think I had a shopping problem, and I really don't care about buying other things, but Lolita has really fucked up my perception.

>> No.8585538

>>8584887
I don't wear lolita for attention, but in spite of the attention. It's the only thing I hate about this fashion and I wish it was regarded as something more common.
I really solely love the look of the dresses and love seeing myself in them.

>> No.8585545

>>8585505
>fear of bbq
It's a legit fear of under cooked food. I have that fear also. You can get all sorts of weird shit from under cooked food. But ya, anon is still an ass.

>> No.8585548
File: 1.12 MB, 1280x1688, https%3A%2F%2F41.media.tumblr.com%2F8f643fb6d704e363185000282368a7b0%2Ftumblr_ntkcb94bFd1qgd3szo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8585168
I think indifferebtsocks' snobby lolitas come close to it.

>> No.8585566

>>8585538
i can relate.

not a lolita, but i have been wearing altfash since i could obtain my own clothes. i used to be a little oblivious to how it looked to other people and just did what i liked for my own aesthetic sense, the same way i would decorate my room or customize my computer desktop. but the more i realized i stood out, the more i toned my style down.

i realize now that i want to enjoy alternative looks without people i don't like looking at me. i am very reserved in most social situations, but wearing my own style when among people whose company i enjoy, i feel like myself. dressing differently would misrepresent who i am.

wearing my altfash how i like it is like inviting someone into my room. i am not showing it off, it just means i am comfortable enough to let them close.

>> No.8585572

>>8584767
>>8584767
>>there is this lolita i had a problem with because her kawaii azn crush told me i was cute in front of her and how he kinda fancied me
>>ever since she hated me and told shit about me like how i look like a fish,am ugly,...
>>now it's constant but toned down rivalry
>>i was really annoyed but now i take a secret pleasure in being cuter in pics,having a prettier wardrobe,prettier room,...

there's a girl with the same beef with me, anon. feels fucking great

>> No.8585583

>>8585168
>coachella bag
coach bag, anon, coach bag

>> No.8585584

One if my friends who is also a lolita and got me actually buying pieces is such an ita. She makes handmade dress that are such shit. She always sends me photos of them and because I don't want to be mean I always say they look nice. If people saw her coord and dresses she would be all over the Ita thread. I want to tell her the truth but I never really see her in person so it's not like she wears them with me. I just wish I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

>> No.8585607

I sold some of my burando to buy the shitty highest rank on some minecraft server, which cost me like $180.

I'm regretting it now.

>> No.8585612

>>8585419
Found the Kawaii Asuki-Chan Nya.

>> No.8585613

There's a girl in my comm who volunteers to take everyone's pictures a lot. Generally people like it because it's free and no work on their end. However the girl is notorious for not giving anyone any previews before she spams the pics all over people's public walls, and sometimes they're really unflattering even though the color has been touched up and at least there aren't visible zits.
I just get salty because she has complete shoop control over hers so she always corrects her makeup and pushes in her jowls to make her face slimmer before posting. Obv anyone who complains will look rude and entitled, and even if they do shoop afterwards, the original picture has been spammed so it'll be too obvious what editing they did.

It's sooooo annoying.
>don't want to be the bitch who says what everyone thinks

>> No.8585617

>>8585613
What country is your comm in? There's somebody who's exactly like that in mine.

>> No.8585622

>>8585607
Never buy pixels on the internet

The only time I've broken this rule is for DOTA because the things I buy are mostly literally >$0.30
and my boyfriend convinced me we could launder money made selling stuff from the DOTA2 championship so we ended up with $300 of steam money

>> No.8585625

>>8585583
I dunno Anon, everyone and their mother seems to have something from Coachella, as if it's a right of passage to upper-normiedom.

>> No.8585626

>>8585607
Listen to >>8585622, anon. I have fucking goof'd with online game bullshit and looking back at it now fills me with disgust.
>under 19 year old me gets a new desktop
>comes with some game that requires tokens
>paid once for the tokens with no idea that it was a recurring charge on my card
>stopped playing the game after a year and forgot about it
>game mysteriously went out of service
>21
>notice weird name on my banking statement that I haven't noticed before
>it's that fucking game I paid for all those years ago!
>over the course of time it zapped $300 from my checking account with me being none the wiser
>nothing I could do about it even though I didn't have access to it

And another:
>play shitty facebook game
>all my friends play so there's incentive to actually play it
>want special items
>pay a little over $100 in all
>a year later
>"LOL WE'RE CANCELING OUR FACEBOOK GAME AND BASICALLY ALL YOUR PAID SHIT IS POOF TOO, NO REFUNDS, SORRZ XD"

Never. fucking. again.

>> No.8585628

>>8585625
coachella is a music festival

coach is a fashion label

i do not understand what the joke is

>> No.8585633

>>8585617
>>8585613
I always take at least 2 photos of each person & upload the nicest one to only the event page. The photos have no tags or shoop, my pic included. People can then grab them from the event page and do what they want with them. I don't feel comfortable editing other people's pics and any photo of me that is put up on the event page is unedited as I feel it's a dick move otherwise.

If people are going to expect editing on photos a complete amateur has taken at an outing then I am probably going to re-consider taking my camera along. I do it so the others will have a photo of their coord and the comm has some nice memories.

>> No.8585636

>>8585626
>paying for anything online that isn't a game itself

I get the marketing behind money traps, but how are people stupid enough to fall for it? I have a friend who actually buys games and stuff off the appstore and runs through a bunch 'til he gets bored, then gets new ones. He bought a $5 one once and eventually stopped playing it altogether.

I will never, ever understand. I'm probably a Jew, but I'd rather buy $1 Chinese accessories off ebay if I'm gonna nickel and dime myself.

>> No.8585637

>>8585628
my guess is anon means those tassel-y "indian" bags that a lot of people associate with coachella?

>> No.8585641

>>8585628
You've never seen people wearing Coachella shirts with the huge list of bands? It's the only thing outside of Netflix that they do.

But yeah I see just as many chicks with dirty, quilted Coach bags.

>> No.8585643

>>8585633
Why are you so defensive? Who are you and how do you know you're even from the same CONTINENT that the anons are talking about?
Amateur photographers are everywhere, do your best and don't take it so personally. Group photos are fine, but it's always to send the original files of personal portraits privately over PM for the individuals to post.
>you're welcome

>>8585636
You're a Jew. Either people get fucked out of their money and learn, or they just don't give a shit where their disposable income winds up.

>> No.8585656

>>8585613
>photographers being dicks

This happened to me once outside of lolita.
>amateur photobro in my friend circle doing his undergrad wants to snap some pics of me
>k sure
>get dressed up, put on makeup and some heels
>expect to have a nice day
>arrive at location
>"Well actually anon...let's go someplace else."
>k
>wound up walking over two miles in uncomfortable heels
>in hot and sunny weather with me wearing a long sleeve
>my makeup was oxidizing and I was sweating from baking in the sun so badly
>he wants to shoot in some humid, danky high rise hall
>k whatever take the pictures
>doesn't let me see anything of what he snapped
>for all I knew I was posing or smiling awkwardly and didn't know
>no direction given
>tell him I'd like to see these pictures myself before he posts to social media
>he promises
>lo and behold a day later these gross pictures of me appear
>I look bloated, horrible hair from sweat, makeup clearly oxidized and doesn't match my skintone anymore from sweat + heat, uncomfortable look on my face from foot pain
>ream this asshole and tell him to delete those since they're unflattering as all shit and he broke his promise
>he puts up a fight with me, acts like I'm the bad guy, but eventually he does take them down
>but not before at least 10-20 people I knew saw them
>he even guilted my friends into telling me I was "paranoid" and that "they didn't look so bad.."
>they fucking did
And I never spoke to that pretentious fuckwad ever again.

>> No.8585661

>>8585613
Outside of large group shots, I don't understand how people can just upload photos without the photographed person's permission. When my friends and I take photos of each other at cons and meets, we always exchange the raws so we can edit them ourselves before uploading, and ALWAYS ask if any other people in the picture are okay with it too. Isn't this like common courtesy?

>> No.8585671
File: 220 KB, 545x411, pleb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>85847674
>>8585146

lol are you me? I'm a basic bitch when it comes to lolita fashion, but I'm always secretly judging basic muggles.

>>8584946
me too! I wish my wardrobe was bigger and varied enough to do that. If I had never sold my pieces since I seriously got into the fashion to now, I think I would have one as big as MilkyFawn's. I have a growing number of young newcomers who seriously want to get into the fashion, but it's a hard thing to do when you're still in high school or just out of it.

Someday I'll have a big and varied enough wardrobe and a big enough house to be able to doll up a new comers and have a pleasant, in house tea party with.

>a girl can dream

>> No.8585675

>>8585643
Why do you feel the need to be completely blunt in your responses to people, Lecture-chan?

>> No.8585683

I'm not a lolita but I know about drama from a famous lolita. She's a stripper and no one's knows that's how she pays for her brando. She's also a horrible person who constantly makes people gang up on newbies and completely destroys relationships.

>> No.8585697

>>8585683
10/10 so scandalous

>> No.8585707

>sold buttons that said "Ouji" on them to congoers who apparently thought they said "Ouija"
>did not correct them, just took their dollars

the way "ouija" is pronounced versus the way it is spelled bugs me and i would not mind if the spelling was changed. also the buttons printed wrong and i was glad people wanted them despite the printing issues.

am i a bad person for not correcting them?

>> No.8585709

>>8584851
>sayonara zetsubou sensei
+1000

>> No.8585753

>>8585683
Is said stripper lolita from the Los Angeles or Inland Empire comm in California?

>> No.8585768

>>8584946
I have a weird want to be like... a non-sexual/romantic sugar mama for lolitas. I love the way it looks, just not on me, and I love making my friends happy. I don't have the funds to do so though and I feel like it would be easily misconstrued and cause drama. Already had a former friend get weird because she thought I was interested in her because I bought her a normalfag dress, even though it was just something I saw on a F21 clearance rack (for like $6 or something).

>> No.8585774

>>8585262
I use a fake name because I'm a teacher, but I don't talk about being a teacher on my FB, because that would defeat the fucking point. So you'd probably just report someone like me anyway. Reconsider your actions, not everyone wants to make their work public just so some salty autistic bitch won't take offence to their name.

>> No.8585778

>>8585683
I think I know exactly who this is and she tried to break me and my bf up despite never having actually met me, because bitch had yellow fever.

>> No.8585779

>>8585774
Unless you're an annoying weeby bitch I won't.

>> No.8585786

>>8585768
Lol, I kind of do this with my best friend. I only wear one specific style, but I'mean always browsing auctions so that I can live vicariously through her style (she's more otome while I'm more goth)

So I constantly stalk her wishlist to either a) let her know about really good deals or b) get things for her

>> No.8585790

>>8585527
This is literally me

>> No.8585815
File: 48 KB, 407x610, shoes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8585768
... Seriously, people think that? I'm like you anon and love the idea of spoiling my friends but always get refused when I actually offer (screw you guys). I have a friend in europe who's into lolita too and I want to do a round trip holiday, swing by btssb paris and buy her cute shit so we can be Baby brandwhores together but I dont have the money yet.

I also have a couple birthdays coming up so they cant esape me now. If anyone knows the sauce for pic related or where to cop similar I will be immensly grateful, all I've found is tumblr shit or wedge type things.

>> No.8585846

I have a massive feeling of superiority over weebs
>always look down on girls dressed head to toe in sweet bodyline because brushing against me is the closest they'll ever get to touching rare brand
>in the comm don't treat seriously anyone with weeb nickname, especially the common ones such as hime, neko, sakura etc.
>girls who only dress in lolita during cons are not really part of the fashion
>if your first lolita purchase is a wig or obnoxious pink platforms then I don't want to talk to you

>> No.8585849
File: 2.80 MB, 1024x576, photostock.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8584851

>> No.8585880

>>8585622
I've "paid for pixels" before, most notably on poupee girl (which as you guys might know went belly up). That was back when I had really low self esteem and thought I was too ugly for any jfashions, so I dressed up my avy instead. I don't regret the money I spent, because it was fun for me in that moment. It's kind of like going to the movies. You don't own a copy of that movie so why bother right? But you do it for the experience.

Of course, I barely go to the movies now because I'd rather own it or see it on Netflix.

>> No.8585882

>>8585815
Apparently Baby's Paris store has large markups, just so you know.

>tfw my dirty secret is wanting to be a sugarbaby so bad but not being pretty enough to do so

>> No.8585883

>>8585815
Also would these work anon?
>http://www.asos.com/au/daisy-street/daisy-street-silver-holographc-block-heeled-sandals/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4798374&clr=Silverholographic&SearchQuery=daisy+street&pgesize=5&pge=1&totalstyles=41&gridsize=3&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=3

>> No.8585898

>>8585882
Isn't it just the insane import fees and tax they have there? Like it's still a similar price to what it would cost you to buy directly from BtSSB online, because after shipping, taxes and import charges it basically adds at least a third to the price anyway

>> No.8585928

>>8585882
You don't have to be pretty. You need to be worldly, a little bit vapid, good at conversation, and very tolerant. Unless you're a total 4/10 sperg you got a chance. I meet a ton of rich older guys through work, lots that work in trading, private security etc. I get propositioned all the time. They want someone vaguely pretty (I'm a 6/10 with make-up at most and a little chubs) who can discuss current world events, agree with everything they say, and be affectionate but not clingy. If you can nod and agree to just about any stupid shit for the sake of some spending bucks, you can do it. You just need to go out there and find the right people. Sugaring websites are so sketch. Working at a country club, 5 star hotel, gentlemen's club, or somewhere where rich old men are likely to congregate is a good start.

I'm firmly attached but damn if I'm not tempted.

>> No.8585932

>>8585815
>>8585768
I feel you guys because I like showering people I care about with gifts too, but honestly in most cases it's bad boundaries (in that you need to respect theirs more).

>> No.8586141

>>8585768
If you get the money... hit me up!

>> No.8586147

>>8585768
>Already had a former friend get weird because she thought I was interested in her because I bought her a normalfag dress, even though it was just something I saw on a F21 clearance rack (for like $6 or something).

Maybe she isn't used to people doing nice things for her so she got the wrong impression.

>> No.8586152

>>8585675
Why are you complaining about bluntness on 4chan?

>> No.8586154

>>8585538
>>8585566
Same. I dress cute because I like seeing myself looking cute in the mirror, like wearing poofy skirts, like seeing my cute shoes when I walk, keeping my wallet and phone in a cute purse etc. I just wish it didn't attract so much attention. Even when people compliment me I feel uncomfortable because I don't like people paying too much attention to the way I look. I've pretty much stopped attending meets because the more lolitas there are in one place the more people stare and I don't want to be stared at.

I don't wear my clothes when I'm home so much because I'm always spilling stuff on them, knocking things over with my petticoat and getting jumped by my (adorable but very hairy) cat. Walking around outside is the safest place for me to feel cute and it sucks.

>> No.8586161

>>8585928
No lie, if I were white, I'd be all over the sugarbowl game. I think I'm attractive enough that I could get away with just being arm candy.

>but, alas, black
>so all the rich white old guys would only wanna fugg

>> No.8586207

>>8585928
>who can discuss current world events, agree with everything they say

I think this is one of the hardest parts because one you reach a certain level of being able to discuss world events at lenghts, you also get to the level of having your own opinions. I know that I wouldn't be able to keep myself from arguing with them, specially because some rich guys (like politicians) can be pretty out of touch with reality.

>> No.8586236

Once, I thought 'Wouldn't it be cool to pin point every lolita in the world on a global map?' but then I realised bitches would know where to rob/burn my wardrobe.
Shit idea.

>> No.8586238

>>8586236
It's actually a nice idea if you pinpoint general cities/towns and won't use real addresses!

>> No.8586245

>>8584767
I buy my cosplays.

So I'm not a real cosplayer

>> No.8586252
File: 40 KB, 498x496, 11891996_1483875841930338_6331268165341877621_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8584767
I feel as if I'm more superior than tumblr kawaii fashion followers IRL and look down upon their basic ass entry fashion. I'm down right embarrassed when I see that shit walking in my mall. (bear tights, japanese text shirts dyed hair ect.) Shit that looks cute online does not look good in real life.
People who add, cat ears to fashion also makes me want to throw up.
Pic related, fb girls whose fashions are carbon copies of each other.
>tights/thigh highs
>dyed hair
>"I know japanese lol"

>> No.8586275

>>8586236
Someone already tried to make this happen, actually.

>> No.8586360

>>8586275
What method? Some app? On a comm page?

>> No.8586365

>>8586238
Ah...s'pose it could be 'the nearest city' ...

>> No.8586369

>>8586245
Same, anon, same. I cosplay for attention and don't really care about craftmanship. I've made costumes from scratch before, and didn't think it was worth the stress and time. So I just buy/commission.

>> No.8586374

>>8585753
You're exactly right. She is in Cali and I'm tired of how people just let her do what she wants without any responsibility for her actions.

>> No.8586489

>>8586252
>欠を食べ。。。

What is that even supposed to say

>> No.8586502

>>8586489
I think that's the point, anon. It's just garbled Japanese, kind of like Engrish.

>> No.8586505

>>8585622
Oh man. My dad gave me a $100 visa card(releasable kind) and told me he wanted me to use $50 of it on Clash of Clans to upgrade stuff. I noped on that, spent $5 of it on the game, and the rest of it went to stuff like groceries.

>> No.8586507

I'm a huge normal fag honestly (sorority girl and all, the most basic of bitches), and I do all my lolita and cosplay on the down-low.
But when people do see that I do it, it usually amazes their simpleton normal-fag minds and I get tons of attention.
Kinda wish I knew were normal fags who were into this shit.

>> No.8586517

>>8586154
Huh. I have similar feels except that I feel self conscious about going out in lolita on my own and prefer the power in numbers thing. It really sucks because I've been in the fashion for years and should be over it by now, and I can afford to expand my wardrobe every two weeks. I don't want to have all if these clothes to only save them for meets and cons. Like you, I already hate being noticed because of my appearance. It doesn't help that I don't live in a densely populated Asian area, so I feel more like a freak (fuck microaggressions).

>> No.8586522

>>8586517
That being said, I don't want to sound like a hypocrit when I give newbs advice on wearing lolita in public.

Polite sage for not finishing my post

>> No.8586524

>>8586374
I'm trying to guess who it is but the comm is pretty large and there are a lot of girls that get away with doing shitty things.

>> No.8586526

>>8586502
Okay, I was really confused...
>eat yawns
>what

>> No.8586531

>>8584912
>in case there is an apocalypse or something so I can go to their house after they die and take their burando.

Lol. I fantasize about this too. Oh the places we'll raid when everyone is a zombie.

>> No.8586539

>>8585343
I have anxiety going out to large gatherings as well, but you sound psychotic.
>scared of BBQ
>scared of loud noises
>scared of being home alone
>scared of monsters under my bed
>needs bf to be security blanket
Will probably end up murdering him. How do you have such high anxiety and come on cgl where people rip you a new arse? Get some help.

>> No.8586582

>>8586374
Yeah, if you want to strip, you can't be lolita, period. It's either or.

>> No.8586631

>>8585343
>>8586539
I have no sympathy for these type of people. I don't care if I'm a terrible person. Fucking learn to deal with it, weak ass people.

>> No.8586737

>>8586582
No. I actually don't have an issue that she is a stripper. It's just that she is a terrible person who ruins relationships and cause so much drama and people blindly follow her because she's a manipulator and a good following.I don't care if she is a stripper but she lies constantly about her work saying things like I work in a company and putting down newbies or talking crap about poor people and is racist to the hispanic lolitas. When she is half white herself. I hope one of the lolitas in her circle spills the beans. She didn't do anything to me either. It's just sad seeing how so many just quit because of her or can't have friends.

>> No.8586764

>>8585039
A guy I was kinda seeing turned out to be a massive douche so I get why you did that. At least you got sex out of it, I guess. Mine was so wrapped up in his ego that he thought I didn't know he was cheating, joke's on him, he spent so much money on his part-time girlfriend he didn't even notice I'd bought myself a new wardrobe with his cash. He was too stupid to remember he hadn't bought it all for me himself during one of his many apology spending sprees. Broke up with him and Number 2 did the same two days later.
>Asshole used to hate seeing me in 'bedroom clothes' (lolita) outdoors, said I was an embarrassment
>'Accidentally' sent them texts about how ex only got off if he wore makeup
>It was a one-time drunk thing but nobody else knew that and ex is a notorious liar, whoops

>> No.8586776

>>8586238
>>8586365
Don't we already have a google docs that does that for /cgl/?

>> No.8586928

I take personal pics from the blogs posted in tumblr generals, as well as pics from the selfpost threads. Typically, I repost them to the passing generals on /lgbt/ and /cd/ asking if "I" pass and watch for responses, but I sometimes use them for catfishing on /soc/.

>> No.8586939

>>8585768
I'd let you buy me things anon.
Seriously what's your Skype

>> No.8586949

>>8585643
Holy shit you are salty.

>> No.8586964

I take pictures of items I'm selling in front of my dresses to show off ..
>feels good man

>> No.8586988
File: 288 KB, 609x749, VDyxt8u.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw finally get into lolita after years of being interested, have one friend who has recently been really into it.
>she invited me to stuff before i actually had any pieces or wardrobe, obv declined because i don't want to be itafag, always talked about lolita and going to meets
>even loaned her $160 to buy a dress on short notice
>finally have dresses, wardrobe, try to talk to her about lolita
>never replies or talks to me now that i actually have things, doesn't even seem like she's into it anymore
>tfw knowing that specific friend used to be a frequent, obvious attention seeking lying bitch (might still be)
>don't care because have no friends, literally, aside from SO

i care extremely less about her now, knowing that i am guaranteed to have a job within the next two years that has the potential net me 20k a month. honestly, i hate the shit out of her, and would love to shit talk her constantly. probably only interested in bringing me to shit before i had brand to seem like the "better lolita" compared to me. bitch.

>tfw i just want a qt lolita friend who likes vidya and being kawaii that i can talk to and occasionally buy things for

>> No.8587044

>>8586949
You are so butthurt.

>> No.8587090

>>8586988
I know how you feel anon. I have absolutely no lolita friends, because there aren't any lolitas in the area I'm located in.
>tfw I just want someone to talk about brand release with and critique my coords
>tfw I have no one to wear lolita with and be cute with
>tfw lonelita not by choice

>> No.8587173
File: 117 KB, 364x390, 1434962623661.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8586489
>>8586502

The first kanji can be pronounced as 'ketsu', which means butt. That's not what the kanji means though, so the artist dun goofed.
When you say 'ketsu wo taberu', it means 'I eat ass' which is a running gag from the Filthy Frank Show.

>> No.8587272

>>8585932
Ok lemme explain this out and you can tell me if I overstepped any boundaries.
>friend is single working mom
>complains about how hard it is to find work appropriate stuff she can afford
>a few days later I am at F21
>usually check all the sizes on clearance racks because sometimes theres nice lace/buttons to be had for real cheap if you got a seam ripper
>spot dress on rack that is my friend's size and the type she was looking for (plain black sheath style)
>its the last one left so if I text her about it, it might not still be here when she gets back
>its only $6 so just add it to my purchase
>give to her a few days later
>tell her not to worry about payback cus its so cheap
>she proceeds to spend the next month awkwardly flirting and generally being weird around me
>dont connect dots and just keep telling her i'm not into girls
>eventually another friend steps in and tells me its because of dress
It wasn't even a sexy or revealing dress. I don't get it.
>>8586147
Yeah thats the only thing I can figure? She had some weird family stuff going on.

>>8586939
Haha if I had the money. All I got is the leftovers of my own attempt at lolita but probably gonna just unload them at the next local comm swap thing cus they really aren't worth shipping.

>> No.8587575

>Friend of a friend is MtF and in our comm
>Cool, pretty neutral about it since I have a few MtF friends as well
>Except over the past few months I've started to realize some AGP behaviors and just generally uncomfortable/fetishy things said by her
>Not sure if I should bring this up or if I'm being paranoid since nothing is ever said regarding me

Pretty meh but I had to get it off my chest.

>> No.8587623

I buy very expensive pieces to help calm myself down when I'm feeling depressed. Buying things makes me happy for a short period of time, so I try to buy something new every two weeks or month, otherwise I fall into a big depression again. I'm probably addicted to shopping, but I'll find out when I move out this month and have to support myself (and can't buy things).

I also shoop all my photos hardcore, but I've never been called out on it. I'm sure people in my comm must know, because they post the originals on facebook.

>> No.8587730
File: 114 KB, 1165x456, Dress Spreadsheets.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I keep spreadsheets of my purchases.

I don't want to seem obsessive, but I think it could come across as such.

>> No.8587752
File: 96 KB, 300x501, 1395797390502.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8586374
>>8586737
>half-white
>shit talker to the newbies
>ruins relationships
>manipulator
>playing guess who on /cgl/

OK, one last question because I have a strong feeling that I know who this girl is. Does said girl dress primarily in sweet lolita and/or has had/still has dyed red hair?

>> No.8587766

>>8587730
ha, you remind me of my dad. he makes stuff like this to log his hiking and camping trips. i don't think its obsessive per say- some people just like keeping track of their hobbies in a very numerical way

>> No.8587814

>>8587752
Yes. you are correct. Do you know anything else on her? She has been mentioned a few times here.

>> No.8587874
File: 38 KB, 240x341, cooly.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8587814
Alright, I'm 99% sure that I know who she is. If I'm thinking correctly, then this person is one that I only know through from several mutual acquaintances. so I can't really say much about her on a personal point (and if I describe a slightly more detailed connection to her, I'm sure to get found out).This is just hearsay, so the validity of this is questionable, but:

>been buying all sorts of brand lately, but has no job/not going to school currently

>been hearing through a neutral party that said girl either has a sugar daddy or is stripping (which seems more likely since neutral party is friends with her & has noticed some questionable reactions when asked about her brand & money source)

>neutral party has told me that dubious lolita does bad mouth the newbies behind their back & is quite manipulative (I can confirm the latter due to an incident that happened between a year to two years ago. I can't say who else was involved, but it wasn't me)

>neutral party has also commented that several lolitas in the Southern California comm have left because of this specific lolita, I don't know the reason(s) specifically.

I haven't spoken to the neutral party in awhile about dubious lolita, so I don't know what's up with her as of late (not that I really care much. We weren't really friends to begin with).

>> No.8587902

>>8585768
You can spoil me any time, sugar momma-chan.

>> No.8587907

>>8585928
But then you have to fuck them and ugggg.

>> No.8587914

>>8586928
What a creepy asshole you are!

>> No.8587921

>>8587730
That's awesome.

>> No.8587982

>>8586369
Yep, same here. What I really enjoy about cosplay is modelling for photoshoots and meeting other fans, and I have no craft skills at all, so I don't see any point in making stuff myself. Wigs are fun shit tho.

>> No.8588197

>>8587730
Shiiit, you garnered 42 dresses in your first year? Wow.
I'd love to see your wardrobe post.

>> No.8588217

i took a poop in my brand

>> No.8588310

>>8587730
I think this is a really smart move, not obsessive at all.

>> No.8588407

>>8585343
Go back to tumblr you pathetic piece of shit. You can go to a convention with thousands of loud nasty-ass people but not a family bbq? I can't wait for your bf to leave you for an actual princess.

>> No.8588447

I would be fine being a fin dom even though I'd just be getting wank money. I've also considered selling my panties but I don't want to get caught by bf/people I know. I wanted to be a camgirl for a bit but I'd probably have to wear a mask.

>> No.8588456

>>8588447
>I would be fine being a fin dom
So would many people, anon, but it's actually a hard field to weasel your way in to and then takes at least a bit of skill to manage.
People don't buy panties from girls without photos/videos for very much, and camgirls wearing masks aren't in much demand.

I'm sorry child, but I don't think the edgy life has chosen you. I have the same problem, let's go and cry about being poor together.

>> No.8588457

>>8588197
Nah, the chart begins maybe half a year into when I started collecting, because that's when I had documentation of when I was getting things, so it's like a year and a half.

>> No.8588485

>>8588407
chill your butthole, lmao.. Do BBQ stories trigger you?

>> No.8588589

> I'm happy wearing basic as fuck coords.
> Blouse, jsk, headbow, socks, shoes, bloomers, petti, purse.
> I never get any recognition for my boring outfits.
> No one outside my comm knows I exist.
> Easy as hell to dish the dirt on efamous girls that have a lot of drama.
> No one ever suspects me because I blend in.
> I'll never be a target.
> Feels good.

>> No.8588652

>>8584767
My boyfriend fucked me while I was in cosplay and some of his cum dripped onto the skirt. I was too tired to wash it off so I went to sleep and figured that I could just wash off the cum in the morning.
In the morning, I couldn't find where the cum was, and I didn't want to wash the entire skirt because that would ruin it. I later sold the entire cosplay on a Facebook group in my area.

>> No.8588657

>>8587173
Ahhhh that makes sense!
>Japanese and their homophones

>> No.8588682

>>8588589
Damn, I need to learn your ways

>> No.8588834

>>8586507
Oh man, girl. I was the same way for a long time. I didn't let anyone know about anything. When I finally did no one cared and I stayed pretty normal. I feel way better now, I have even found normal people who are like me, though a bit more casual.

>> No.8588853

>>8588485
Maybe anon's crush snubbed them for a BBQ date and then hooked up with someone much hotter than them at a con.

>> No.8588856

>>8587752
>>8587814
>>8587874
Shit. now I now know who you are talking about. She talked badly about me at a meetup one time but I caught her and that was my first time meeting her. I'm not even new she probably just assumed I was.

>> No.8589010

>>8587874
Who's she driven out of SoCal?

I've heard bad things about her but didn't know it was this bad.

>> No.8589208

>>8588856
>Shit. now I now know who you are talking about. She talked badly about me at a meetup one time but I caught her and that was my first time meeting her. I'm not even new she probably just assumed I was.

Wow. That sucks & I'm sorry you had to deal with that. If you don't mind me asking, was there an aftermath to that?

>>8589010
>Who's she driven out of SoCal?
I honestly don't know since I'm not tied to the LA community. Neutral party has only said that girls had stopped coming to meets because of her (that & Fairytale was closing down)

>I've heard bad things about her but didn't know it was this bad.
I didn't think she was like that until neutral party told me about the stuff I had mentioned & that certain incident I briefly mentioned.

>> No.8589236

>>8584767
This thread confirms that Lolita really do have the mentality of children. Fascinating.

>> No.8589242

>>8589236
It's a thread about confessions, of course people who don't have anything to confess won't post so it will all look bad. Plus a lot of it is fake. Your intelligence is that of a child.

>> No.8589246

>>8589242
They're defensive too.
Fascinating.

>> No.8589253

>>8589208
deets anon - at least give a hint to her name

>> No.8589254

>>8589246
>telling it like it is
>defensive

I would inform you that that was my one post in reply to yours that I saw on page 0, but you obviously like being a little bitch. Why are you even here? I'm probably replying to bait, you can't be this stupid, surely.

>> No.8589277 [DELETED] 

I act like a super innocent, 16 year old, mega classic perfect lolita but in fact I am kinky as fuck and masturbate to porn with tied up lolitas and imagine being spanked by some of the gothic lolitas in my comm. Sorry not sorry bitches, Let me go masturbate to your outfit pictures.

>> No.8589281

>>8589277
>16 year old has discovered porn

>> No.8589284

>>8589253
A hint? Her name might begin with an "R".

>> No.8589312

>>8589284
R*** Y******** as she is on fb?

>> No.8589334

>>8589312
Possibly.

>> No.8589442

>>8589208
I'm >>8588856 and there wasn't an aftermath. I'm a pretty passive person so I just walked away and enjoyed the rest of the meet. I don't like to draw too much attention to myself because I don't want to out myself to the comm about being on here.

>> No.8589452 [DELETED] 

How is RY racist? Her "best friend" is Claudia and she's Hispanic. Then again it's always been my assumption that she's been using her since she's the owner of KG

>> No.8589467

>>8585683
Deets!!!!

>> No.8589477 [DELETED] 

>>8589442
I understand & good on you for not letting it get to you. Hope your next meet up go more smoothly. I've heard mostly positive things about the LA community in general, but I haven't had much contact with them, the exception being neutral party.

>>8589452
>How is RY racist?
Your guess is as good as mine.

>> No.8589486

>>8588456
I'm actually mates with a camgirl and that's her regular job, she pulls in so much money it's crazy.

I just have a boring 9-5 office job and I only have some burando because my rent is so fucking high and other hobbies take my dosh. Also anyway to make more money is good in my books.

I know I've got a p. decent body and I could make money from it but alas I am too shy ;n;

>> No.8589488

>>8589277
You're creepy as fuck, anon.

>> No.8589507
File: 121 KB, 109x115, 33cw1mu.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8586988
i'll be your friend anon! we can buy each other cute stuff and swap accessories. i can relate heavily to your situation

>> No.8589517
File: 44 KB, 620x351, 023032.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Heard about a lolita acquaintance that her husband may be having an affair with a subordinate at work. If true and if HR were to find out, he'd probably be fired on the spot.

I'm not going to tell her directly for a number of reasons. The primary reason is that it's only hearsay. I don't want to find out later that the rumor had been untrue, and have her and her husband decide that I had been trying to sabotage their marriage with a lie.

The secondary reason is that there were multiple incidents in the past, that demonstrated that she simply was not a very good friend to me (hence, now an acquaintance). If her marriage is suffering or will suffer in the near future because her husband was an idiot, it is none of my business.

>> No.8589559

>>8587272
>Ok lemme explain this out and you can tell me if I overstepped any boundaries.
What you did sounds really sweet, but I'd be weary in how to approach that. I personally wouldn't feel like it was crossing a boundary in that situation if you got it for me, but I say I'd be weary just because I've weirded people out by doing similar things, even if it's cheap, or even if it was something that didn't cost me money, people feel like it's a grander gesture in their heads than it actually is to me, so it can feel like a boundary thing. If it's a friendship where we haven't previously established that gifts are okay, I might say something like "Yeah, it wasn't much so just buy me a drink next time" or "Help me with this <small thing> and we'll call it even". I don't drink anything pricey, so it works out that it was still a nice gesture for them, but if they are someone who feels weird about gifts, it doesn't put them on the spot. Alternately you can assign a reason to the gift other than 'oh, just thinking of you', maybe say something like "I really appreciated your support during <hard time> and I wanted to do something nice for you." Some people are only used to getting gifts on special occasions, so assigning it a reason makes it less strange.

I don't over think every gift I give, I do have one friend where we can just do nice things for each other and we know it doesn't mean anything strange, but sometimes I get a little thing without thinking, and realize after the fact that I am not certain if the person I got it for is okay with gifts or not.

>> No.8589708

>>8589517
>Catherine image with talk about an affair.
Yes...I enjoy this very much

>> No.8589710

>>8589477
The meetup was about a year ago and I've had many great ones in between that but the event stuck with me I guess. Other than that I really do enjoy the LA comm and they have always made me feel welcome.

>> No.8589771 [DELETED] 

>>8589452
She is half white and is half hispanic. She rejects her hispanic side and claims she isn't hispanic at all. Looking down on the hispanic lolitas.

>> No.8589802 [DELETED] 

I don't really think R*** is famous or even popular. She just dresses up a lot and injects herself into the circle of better known Lolitas. The majority of people I've spoken too don't like her but are polite because they have to be. I also really doubt she's a stripper. Maybe one that's on at 4 pm on a Monday. Cam girl though? I can see that

>> No.8589874

>>8589802
I didn't think she was popular either. Her coords are pretty basic and borderline tacky sometimes. She just hangs out with the right people

>> No.8589876

>>8589802
>>8589874
I like her coords but yeah she's not efame or famous.

>> No.8589880

>>8589876
I like some of her coords. She's pretty hit or miss for me.

>> No.8589929

>>8588856
Aww, man. I've never really talked to her beyond pleasantries before and I thought she seemed like an alright person from afar. Now I wonder if she's been talking shit about me behind my back too.

>> No.8590244

>>8589929
I'm wondering the same thing too. Heard drama about her but I assumed it was just rumors since she's always been nice to me.

>> No.8590335 [DELETED] 

R*** has caused drama in the past, but I can somewhat understand her behavior. She's very temperamental and can be rude, but I believe this all stems from her depression. Of course that doesn't excuse her at all. Is she racist? I don't believe so. Neurotic? Definitely.

>> No.8590365

>>8585146
Woah, are you me, Anon?

Glad to know it's not unheard of to look down on normalfags.

>> No.8590561 [DELETED] 

>>8590335
>>8590335
She's a little more than neurotic. She went completely psycho on an ex. Bitch is Cray. I feel sorry for her new guy. Lord help him when he breaks up with her.

>> No.8590610 [DELETED] 
File: 29 KB, 849x669, 10559654_327550184093400_4800986724821547047_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8590561
R deets anon here & I can confirm the bit about the ex. I was looking through some messages that I (surprisingly) still have on Facebook in regards to this, I got chills reading through them again. Also, looking back on it, I probably wasn't saying the right things to the ex, I kinda sound like a jerk in hindsight.

>> No.8590643 [DELETED] 

>>8590610
More deets?

>> No.8590659 [DELETED] 

>>8590643
Like what? Like I said, I'm not particularly close to her, so anything recent is a no-go & I don't want to ask neutral party about her since she & I are genuinely friends.

>> No.8590691

>>8585628
Normies love both so it's easy to get confused.

>> No.8590783 [DELETED] 

>>8590561
She treated her ex like absolute shit.

>> No.8590988

>>8586988

>tfw lurk this board pretending you guys are all my friends
>tfw not even lolita, just kfash but like all things cute
>just want a lolita role model to look up to and vidya with
>tfw literally 0 female friends or acquaintances

I don't even know anymore

>> No.8591093

>>8589559
Well I had thought it wouldn't be a big deal because in this friend group, we frequently buy each other lunch, drinks, coffee, and pass around items we don't use or that are the wrong size pretty often too. Maybe I should have just told her it was some old thing I don't fit.

>> No.8591124

>>8585707
It's prounounced wee_yah

>> No.8591139

>>8586631
Fuck you, real anxiety is a fucking problem, I get sick, physically ill nearly everyday, my stomach is in constant knots, I get the shits literally and my heart constantly tightens. You can't just get over a life of anxiety due to abuse or sexual assult. (I've been homeraided, raped, almost kidnapped while walking outside.) So no I don't feel comfortable home alone or outside, anxiety is my body and brain being unable to cope and thinkinh the threats are still yhere when they aren't.

>> No.8591215

>>8590988
>tfw lurk this board pretending you guys are all my friends
Guilty as fuck. I have one lolita purchase, and that was a handbag from when I was in SF at the BTSSB store. I didn't even know what lolita was when I bought it. I came in there for the Liz Lisa downstairs. I'm not a lolita or a cosplayer. The closest I get to being in JFash is occasionally adding a Japanese brand into my outfits. I'm so glad I found you guys. We're all vapid cunts together.

>> No.8591223

>>8587730
I do this. Not as pretty as yours with charts and shit, but I do keep one for a yearly lolita purchases and sales. I try to keep a yearly budget so I can sell stuff to make up for it if I get out of line, or spend less next year to rebalance it. I at least try to be a little responsible with my hobby, and it helps keep track of things.

>>8589559
Agreed. I tend to stock pile gifts for people for birthday and christmas, so it makes it seem like I always have a reason to give things to my friends. Due to this, those holidays aren't as much of a hindrance to me as to others.

The problem is when I forget about it.

>> No.8591247

I get extremely aroused by lolita. The way it looks, the way it poofs, the way it just envelops. It's fucking amazing. I often fantasize about some girls just taking me to their homes, dressing me up in OTT sweet lolita, even winter coats and all, and just not letting me take any of it off. I have a lolita fetish.

>> No.8591255

>>8591247
And no, I have absolutely no thoughts of having actual sex, in fact sex disgusts me. I just really, honestly get aroused by lolitas.

>> No.8591276

>>8586631
Like the other anon said, fuck you.
>I don't care if I'm a terrible person.
You sound fun.

My fight or flight instinct is fucked up due to years of abuse and negative reinforcement growing up. I also had some trauma that resulted in PTSD, so my illnesses go hand in hand. I've gotten a much better handle on it, but from time to time I have an uncontrollable spell, usually in the form of racing heart, being drenched in sweat, and in the toilet shitting for 30+ minutes. I literally cannot control my bowels when extremely anxious. Just like a dog who shakes and cannot relax because it was abused, that is me. The mind is powerful and is responsible for these physical responses. Serotonin uptake inhibitors help with this. You wouldn't call a diabetic weak for taking insulin. Saying a few magic words like "deal with it" or "get over it" makes no damn sense medically speaking. Learn some science before you act like a tough ass.

Also, Tumblrites self-diagnosing themselves as having anxiety are not representative of people who actually have it.

>> No.8591295

>>8591276
I hate that my favourite analogy comes from an SJW blog, but they're right completely right. Telling a depressed or anxious person to "deal with it" is like telling a person with brain cancer to just "snap out of it".

>> No.8591308

>>8591139
>>8591276
Not the first anon.
Exactly. You can't tell a cancer patient to just stop or a diabetic to stop. If you're leg is broken, you really can't walk it off. You've obviously never had real tragedy in your life, or you're just pretending you have because you hate how much it damaged you.

PTSD isn't funny. There is acute and chronic, and can't get over it. I can stand a large con crowd because I can disappear into the crowd of strangers. Around a group of people who know me? It is worse because my panicked mind tells me constantl how they are judging me.

Good thing you don't care if it makes you a terrible person, because you are. I hope you end up friendless and alone, because no one should be forced to put up with you.

>> No.8591472

>>8589236
gr8 b8 m8

>> No.8591641

>>8589277
Underage b&

>> No.8593034
File: 59 KB, 338x268, lemonsad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not the ugliest but I'm not the prettiest either. I don't want to be famous or well known in cosplay but my looks really makes me feel like a potato in a costume compared to my really pretty friends

Sometimes I feel like that one ugly friend in the friend group from how well everyone can look like when they cosplay their characters.

>> No.8593057

>>8584935

Pff, everyone fantasizes about shit like this. It's animal urges, assert dominance and take what you want. The social contract is pretty much all that separates us from chimps.

>> No.8593065

>>8593034
So you're just going to wallow in self pity? Damn senpai, step up your game.

>> No.8593125

>>8590988
you are not alone, bud
i'm not even a lonelita. im a lone-wannabee-lolita/jfash addict.

i also moved from a huge city to the middle of nowhere and only have my SO and work in customer service pls kill me

>> No.8593133

>>8593034
Me too, anon.

>> No.8593541

>>8593125

Are you me?
Moved to another country, thankfully have SO but after 9 years starting to miss the company of another girl.

>> No.8593612
File: 51 KB, 420x415, Weegee.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8591124
that's how i pronounce it, yes, but people around me insist that nobody else says it that way. this is a linguistic shift i cannot fight.

>mfw someone says "weejee board"

>> No.8593671

>>8585584
Post her and let her deal with the internet. She'll learn real fast.

>> No.8593676

>>8591247
Lolita-sexual?

>> No.8594365

>>8587272
she's the one jumping the gun, not you.

personally, my chick friends and I have picked up jewelry/shirts/clothes/clothes for each other over the years, both gay and straight friends, and no has started trying to pick anyone up over it.

>> No.8594626

I feel really guilty buying expensive clothing and cute things for myself. I can technically afford it but I feel like I should be saving my money instead. One of the only things that helps is going in mail/shopping threads and seeing how other people buy way more stuff than me, or coming in threads like these and seeing how some have actual shopping addictions, and this somehow allows me to rationalize to myself that I'm not that bad.

>> No.8594628

>>8585584
Feed us Anon

>> No.8594633

>>8585168
I want to see this drawing asap!
>my drawing skills are subpar, hence why I dont do it myself.

>> No.8594659

>>8585768
i would be totally okay with that anon

>> No.8594667

>>8593676
Something like that. It's not like I don't respect the fashion, people don't usually get it.

>> No.8594672

>>8593034
at least u have friends
Czech ur priv

>> No.8594865

>>8590988
Aw i would totally be your friend anon.

>> No.8595058
File: 95 KB, 600x550, A_poser_for_a_bloomer_John_Johnson_political_&amp;_satirical.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be a lolita
>be into gentle femdom
>would never combine the two but do have fantasies about it sometimes

>> No.8595098

>>8595058

>>8591247 here, please combine the two, people like us need you, at least in text form. I would inquire your Skype, because I'd like a chat, but it's up to you.

>> No.8595147

>>8595058
I wish I could meet someone like you anon.

>> No.8595191

>>8587907
Not necessarily, odd and perhaps rare as it can be, some just want the companionship, they treat you like daughters. Whole sub sect of them in fact that essentially have you run around as surrogate daughters, either because of a break down with their own or just never had family.

>> No.8595278

I think a lot of tumblr-core pastel stuff is super cute (flower crowns, chokers, edgy kawaii patches, etc.). The underwater print seifuku is at the top of my want-to-buy list. I find the instagram kawaii girls to be insufferable, but damn do I want to raid their closets.

I know better than to try to incorporate it with lolita though.

>> No.8595329

>>8595278
Don't buy those printes seifuku.
They look like they're made of paper irl.

>> No.8595439

>>8595278
Fuck everyone, anon. I have it and love it. I'm even going to incorporate it into a nanchatte seifuku co-ord. Of course it's not lolita, but it's cute as fuck.

>> No.8595444

>>8585343
Why would you be smug? Le simply ebin work an le props and le cartoon dress making. SIMPLY FUCKING BENT

>> No.8595518

>>8594667
>mfw that is a good idea
>would totally go sexual for lolita
>instead of humans
At least lolita wouldn't never break my kokoro, r-right?

>> No.8595669

After I post a photo up I just sit and refresh my blog or instagram for ages.
I just sit there, scrolling through and refreshing. I don't know if I'm waiting for validation or if I'm just vain but it's like I can't stop myself, I spend more time looking at my own blog than any others. It feels almost compulsive.

>> No.8595873

>>8595669
Same here anon.... same here...

>keeps a list of followers so I know who has unfollowed me
>list is becoming too long but still scroll through every single username to find out anyway
>crosses name out
what am I doing with my life

>> No.8596072

put dress up for sale
get annoyed by persistent newb about lowering my price.
eventually cave cause i want it gone.
send invoice.
buyer pays.
next day.
get email from a different buyer with a higher offer.
sell to different buyer.
refund newb.
tell them made up story.

i feel bad but at the same time idc.

>> No.8596244

>>8595873
How do you even know?

>> No.8596284

>>8596244
Know what?

>> No.8596294

>>8595191
Not anon you're replying to, but... Man, I'd fucking love this. I have severe daddy issues and have never really had a loving father figure in my life, let alone a loving father figure willing and able to spend money on me.

I'm easily a 9/10, too. If only it wasn't for my social anxiety.

>> No.8596305

>>8596284
Who has unfollowed you?

>> No.8596311

>>8596305
By matching the number of followers on my page and on my list

>> No.8596374

>>8595873
That's pretty bad anon but at least the list thing is a genuine task I just refresh the same page a million times.
We need help.

>> No.8596382

>>8595873
There are plenty of unfollower checkers you can run once a day.

>> No.8596423

>>8588652
fucking disgusting

>> No.8596430 [DELETED] 
File: 17 KB, 320x240, labia_trimming.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I learned that sex does, in fact, make your vagina dark and loose and ugly in general. Seriously considering this.

>> No.8596460

>>8595669
>>8595873
I used to do exactly the same. Now, I consistantly lose followers with every post (style changes a lot, I don't tag for scopophobia, sometimes I try to be sexy which Lolitas find controversial or tacky, and so on, plus I'm just not star material) so now I just post and leave and let it happen. I never go below a certain amount of followers, I don't get harassed or rude reblogs and tags, and my ask box has always made me feel really good to read it, so I try to focus on those things instead now. I'm not popular, but the people who like me really like me. Makes the unfollows hurt less, and now I spend more time looking at blogs that I follow, rather than my own activity feed, smashing f5.
Tumblr is addicting.

>>8596382
I must never install this. The butthurt is too real.

>> No.8596465

>>8588652
YOU COULD'VE DRY CLEANED IT BITCH

>> No.8597014

>>8593034
You can always get better at construction than they are. Ugly people are always better at things than pretty people because pretty people don't actually have to try until they're too far gone to learn the basics.

>> No.8597023

>>8596072
>>8596072
Don't feel bad. You should have straight up told them that someone made you a better offer, it would have served them right for haggling like they were in a street market.

>> No.8597156
File: 493 KB, 496x279, OvAmTkr.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have serious self esteem issues
I am so hungry for fame
I feel like shit. I feel insignificant, unnecessery, good for nothing
I am jealous of my famous friends
I am embarrassed

I need help

>> No.8597315

>>8584887
Nah, i dress for me. I like to look nice and project confidence as well as it improves my mood to know that i'm not a mess. Whether in lolita or cute normie clothes i genuinely dress for myself. I feel like caring about your image is important. Based on that, of course you want others to think you look nice. But is it for attention really? Not likely for most people. I don't need them to compliment me or even acknowledge my presence, but i do want other people who i communicate with to think well of me. I think most people think more along those lines unless they are craving attention due to a lack of it in their personal lives. maybe it's a self esteem issue in your case.

>> No.8597324

>>8585016
You sound like a nice person (likely on the younger side i'd guess). People like your "friend" are not really friends. they use you like a tool and keep you around so they can feel superior to you. You'll be glad she's out of your life in time. With that said, having a lack of friends does feel sad. But it's not the end of the world. I'm unsure of your situation, whether you're in school or not but there are always oportunties to meet new people and grow as a person. be who you want to be. Even if you're not ready (or able to) come out to your parents, you can still express yourself as a person. And being a lesbian doesn't mean you have to Look tomboyish even if you feel like one. I build shit in my backyard and get my hands dirty doing "manly" things around the house, but i wear a dress every damn day. It makes me feel pretty. I just don't want you to confuse your personality with how you HAVE to dress. I'm bisexual so my parents either think my SO is my "good friend" if it's a girl or they get excited when it's a boy. They don't need to know my business until i get serious. I know it's different as a lesbian, but you don't have to let your family in on your relationships unless you want to. cheers to hoping you find your confidence and better friends. you seem like a cool gal.

>> No.8597338

I have a friend who keeps saying they want to get into lolita. However, they're a poorfag edgy tumblr transgender, so I doubt they'll ever actually do it. However, they always ask to borrow my things and I'm not comfortable with it. What should I do?

>> No.8597353

>>8597338
put on your big girl bloomers and tell her that you don't want to lend her anything because you're not comfortable with it. that's all.
if she cares about you, she will understand and back off. if not, then it's time to start putting distance between the two of you.

>> No.8597357

>>8597353
They have a habit of getting whingey when people don't give them exactly what they want, and call them abusive to their audience of sycophants.

>> No.8597362

>>8597357
Then why are you friends?

>> No.8597365

>>8597362
He's fun sometimes. When he's not talking about himself.

>> No.8597366

>>8597357
even more of a reason op get away from them

>> No.8597470

>>8595191
If I wasn't in a good relationship already I would probably get in on this. I'm not particularly hot or good at being sexy, but I've had a lot of older men at my old job tell me I was a "good old fashioned girl" and that they enjoy staying to talk with me. And I really wouldn't mind just keeping them company. That's basically what my job boils down to right now, though for older ladies and it probably doesn't pay near as well.

>> No.8597503

>>8597365
Then say "we're not having this conversation" if they get whiney and then walk away from them if they don't drop the topic.

My SO had friend like this (incidentally a MtF transgender person) who had a temper tantrum in a mall when hanging out with him, and my SO just walked away, leaving that person alone in the mall. After that, the person didn't have any temper tantrums in public (at least when hanging out with my SO).

Hang out with him when he's fun, but if he's being demanding on something you don't want to do, don't budge. Don't set yourself on fire to make other people warm.

>> No.8597511

>>8597503
Sounds exactly what you do to a toddler.. how do people even grow up like this? My mom would've beaten me senseless if I tried to pull that sort of bullshit on her (typical asian parent)

>> No.8597537

>>8597511
Some just seem to have some issue that people around them walk on eggshells for, and they simply don't expect someone to not agree with them or to say something opposing them.
Take parents who were of the "you can be anything you want and correcting children in any way is wrong" type and then add in the awkwardness of being around someone who as a teen or adult is throwing a fit and it ends up as everyone tries to avoid it since it's such an extreme level of awkward.

>> No.8597674

>>8588447
same............ honestly I've been toying with the idea since I was 16, but I'm still too chicken.

>> No.8597734

I love cosplay
I love drawing
I love getting in to Artist Alley
I'm broken
There's a painful pinching in the back of my neck
Can't hold my head up for very long without pain
They say I'm only in my 20s and that the pain is all in the mind and should go away
I can't work or hold a job
It still hurts
Do data entry online but the pay all goes to living with father
Father had a stroke
He likes listening to me hum while I sew
Make sure to do so for him when he's laying down on the sofa beside me when I sew
Everything's starting to ache from my neck to my tail bone lately
Pain Management helps a little
I've been awake for six days straight
Grandmother blames me for father's stroke
She says he'll die because he worries about me
Keep drawing
Keep sewing
Conventions are the only time I leave the house for long ventures
Love being able to have friends and see people
Love laughing and seeing all the cosplay and art
I want to be cool like cosplayers here who pump out 10 costumes every few months
I love it yet I constantly judge that what I do will always falls short
I'm not that great
I'm not pretty
I'm still so tired
I've been sewing and began hallucinating from no sleep
I stuck a needle in my eye and felt nothing
Grandmother calls me disgusting when I eat anything or drink anything other than water or bread
Still nursing father back to health, then I can try to leave
I'm still so tired
Considering under bridge prostitution for extra money to save us.

>> No.8597735

>>8597734
I feel in a constant state of post-con depression and the only thing keeping me going is the next convention when I can see friends again who are okay with giving me lower prices for hotel rooms. I usually sleep on the floor, tucked away out of their way just in case. I usually go on the food runs for them just to help earn my stay. They're very understanding and I thank them for that.

I should probably not go to cons but Artist Alley money I can hide from my grandmother. It's the only time I see friends from out of state so the cost is usually worth the trip. Most of my cosplays are made from bargain bin fabrics or left over pieces from mother's old sheets and beddings since she left them to us and we don't ever use them. I don't cosplay extravagant things but I wish I could.

I need sleep.

>> No.8598414

>cgl related
I've never cosplayed but I post in the "bad cosplay" threads. I do know how to sew so I can critique the construction but most of the time I don't even know who they're cosplaying. Those threads have actually made me scared to cosplay - not like I have the time or funds to do so but still. I'm working on a Sailor Jupiter costume for Halloween and don't plan on wearing a wig and I fear I'll get posted in one of those threads because of it.

>unrelated
I tell people how busy I am with school and while I do have to study a lot, it's not as much as I make it out to be. Usually when I tell someone I can't go out because I'm studying I usually study for a bit then waste time on 4chan, browse eBay/Amazon, or clean the house. Like right now, I should be studying for my immunology exam on Tuesday but I just spent the last half hour searching for Melissa shoes and Herschel backpacks because they were on sale for Labor Day.

>> No.8598422

>>8591276
You can't turn off or get over things like that, this is true. I don't think people should be shamed for having anxiety problems, I have them too.

You can't control your feelings, but you can control how you deal with them, treat them and cope with them. That girl (not sure if it's you or not). Wasn't in the wrong for not going to the BBQ, but she was in the wrong for guilting her boyfriend into coming home earlier. You need to learn how to comfort yourself and deal with these feelings without constantly relying on your romantic partner. If you rely on him completely for comfort, you'll only drag him down with you and cause resentment, something I learned the hard way.

>> No.8598584

>>8585343
free food is everything you ignorant bitch

>> No.8598696

>>8597735
>>8597734
THEN FUCKING SLEEP. Your grandmother can go deal with shit while you take care of yourself. Your dad'll be fine for a few hours. If you're scared of something happening to him install a discreet camera in the living room or wherever he spends a lot of time and tell him you'll be monitoring him remotely because you need a break. Ignore your grandma, she sounds like a piece of shit. And don't do postitution in person while you're like this, it's a perfect horror scenario, do panty selling or something until you feel like a human. There's no shame in putting all your money into taking care of your dad, it's understandable if you want to make some extra on the side for yourself.

>> No.8598707

>>8598414
Oh shit, immunology's no joke. Get on that ASAP. Shopping can wait, this can't.
And if you can make a Sailor Scout cosplay halfway decently, without using a glue gun in place of a needle, and don't spam pics online, nobody will give a shit. If you have short blonde hair it'll look odd, but otherwise, go for it. It's Halloween, you'll look better than 95% of normies anyway.

>> No.8598752
File: 250 KB, 328x518, 1439695993091-1-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8598707
I'm on finishing part 2 out of 3 of my study routine and thankfully have all day tomorrow to review. I audio record the lectures but I'm trying to get into the habit of listening to them while I do things like cleaning and cooking. I know shopping can wait and I tell myself out loud I don't need anything but I'm a deal chaser and can't help but look.

I have mid-back length red hair but some of the manga art of her has reddish hair so I'm going off that. And no way will I use a glue gun! I'm starting early and staying within my skill set so I can make it as clean as possible.

>> No.8598940

>>8588652
that is so god damn hilarious

>> No.8599465 [DELETED] 

>>8586988

hi

>> No.8599481

>>8597511
>Sounds exactly what you do to a toddler..

>todder starts crying
>stop
>drop
>walk away

You don't see the problem here?

>> No.8599488

>>8587730
I love this kind of stuff, but I'm really bad with excel. If someone would upload a lolita excel template, I'd be all over this shit.

>> No.8599847

>>8594626
I have exactly the same problem. I constantly have to rationalize buying things, even fruits and vegetables...

>> No.8599894

I'm a guy who likes Jfashion and just alt fashion in general and I really want to get more Jfashion pieces, but All male lolita clothes are so fucking cringey. I just want to be a Kawaii boy and honestly I feel like if I did wear all the makeup and cute clothes I want to I would lose about 2/3rds of my friends because I'm so good at looking low powerlevel I'm borderline normie in public. Please someone who's less entry level than me take me under their wing and teach me how to be more kawaii and acquire brands. Also please teach me how to apply makeup after I move out of my parents house.

>> No.8600011 [DELETED] 

lolitas would you ever cheat on your boyfriend? if so, why?

>> No.8600022

>>8600011
This isn't /b/ or /adv/ or /r9k/.

>> No.8600033

>>8599894
unfortunately makeup is something you have to teach for yourself.

fortunately there are many tutorials and how-tos. it isn't any different for men than it is for women, except in regards to which aspects you want to emphasize.

you can also go to a place like Sephora and ask for help/samples. if you feel weird, say you are a cosplayer or actor who wants to look better on film.

>> No.8600036

>>8600033
I probably wouldn't say anything about film since that has different requirements than real life.

>> No.8600073

>>8599894
Check out Wayne Goss on YouTube, he even shows a lot of the makeup techniques on himself.

>> No.8600253

>>8599894

Fuck off, degenerate.

>> No.8600454

>>8585882
>>8585928
I tried it and will never again, don't buy the hype.

>be me 3 years ago
>lots of men and women say I'm "hot" whatever that means
>join a sb site, clearly specify that I am a girl who likes fashion and intelligent discussion, and that I will not have sex as I'm not a whore
>get tons of messages, meet up with one older guy with a great profile
>all he wants to do is have sex, after one decent date he turns very threatening and weird, and insults me for not wanting to have sex

Deleted my profile instantly. Women who say they are sb's who don't sleep with their daddies are probably lying.

>> No.8600467

>>8598752
Good luck on your exam, anon!
Red hair on Jupiter is a lot less heinous than red hair on Mercury, you'll look fine, at least you have official art to base it on. Your outfit sounds like it'll be good too, and even if it gets posted here you sound like you can take concrit.

>> No.8600485

>>8599894
Stubble is one of the main things you have to worry about, especially idf you have dark hair. Just practice shaving as cleanly as you can, do your eyebrows, get a good face cream (and eye cream, if you need it), use sunscreen all the time, and if you can, get makeup samples. You can get Korean ones on ebay and Western ones in magazines and online. Practice with those, see which one's best, and look up tutorials aimed at men. Wayne Goss is good.
As for brand, save up and buy plain pieces first. Look on the bst thread/comm sales/fb sales/lm to see how much a particular piece is going for. Don't worry if you look awkward in just a dress, wigs and accessories can pull everything together.

>> No.8600523

>>8600467
Thank you anon! I didn't sleep in today so I could get maximum studying but I continue to get distracted. It's mostly multiple choice with some short answer so not too bad. I worry I may have adult ADHD but my BF just described me as a busy body with a lot to do. Once I focus on studying I can go for a good amount of time; the hard part is getting started.

I plan on posting in the help thread if needed to make sure I don't complicate things. I only plan on posting it on Facebook and I don't think anyone on my friends list comes here. I know one friend cosplays but she did a Neptune cosplay that wasn't 100000% amazing so I would hope she doesn't post me.

>> No.8600583
File: 406 KB, 630x355, Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 3.06.05 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8593541
You've spent 9 years spending time solely with your SO?!

To stay on topic:
A big part of the reason I cosplay is because it's one of the only times I'm pretty much guaranteed to feel pretty.

>> No.8600592

>>8595191
Where can I find these men.

>> No.8600614
File: 2.30 MB, 1830x1440, Thanks 4chin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8590988
>>8591215
We are one in the same. Closest my closet gets to cgl is some kawaii shit from eBay. Not even clothes really, mainly hair accessories and stationary. I know those t shirts are terrible quality and I'm not going to waste even $3.00 on them.

I do have a few female friends but none with cgl interests. Which I guess is good because it keeps me balanced.
>tfw girl in my class I want to become friends with
>has Alpacasso and Sailor Saturn keychains
>positive she has a tumblr but maybe browses /cgl/
>can't talk to her because she sits a row ahead of me and if I change seats my friend would get pissed
It's almost like she looks like a Sailor Senshi but if I can't make the assumption because what if she isn't and I blow my cover.

>> No.8600648

>>8597357
Welcome to tumblr. A land where you'll be called a bully if you don't agree with someone.

>> No.8600670 [DELETED] 

Lolita is the female fedora prove me wrong

>> No.8600683

>>8585039
Having bad taste in men what are you a faggot or something

>> No.8600689

>>8600485
?
Generally thanks for the advice but I don't pla on wearing a dress at any point, maybe to cosplay a couple of female characters, but wearing a dress doesn't seem pleasing to me.

>> No.8600703

>>8600614
>It's almost like she looks like a Sailor Senshi but if I can't make the assumption because what if she isn't and I blow my cover.
I can vibe with this so hard, except I'm the opposite. There are two very obviously into anime girls that have apparently been wondering if I'm also one of them (guy who borrows my homework every once in a while in exchange for giving me rides sits next to them, but I'm in the front row because tfw blind). I'm waiting for them to approach me, though.

>> No.8600867 [DELETED] 
File: 107 KB, 367x326, 1431018673251.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8600670
I can kinda see that.

>> No.8600882

>>8600670
2kawaii

Rockabilly is female fedora

>> No.8600889

>>8600882
i mean it like legit is. same era and everything.

>> No.8601006

>>8600703
>waiting for them to approach me
Anon you have to take initiative! What if they're waiting for you too? If you know they want to meet you why don't you have the guy friend bring you guys together? Like, he gives you a ride home and they coincidentally need a ride somewhere nearby too.

I actually made a good friend by taking initiative. I saw her in my biology lecture and she just so happened to be in the same lab too. She was sitting by herself at the table for 4 so I sat next to her and we eventually started talking. We're really good friends now and have scientific conversations together.

>> No.8601018
File: 717 KB, 500x299, 234231314.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8589507
aw, thanks anon. i entirely forgot about making that post, and just now remembered it. i would love to be friends!

>>8590988
i'm with you with almost 100% of that, except for not being lolita. i have a lot of jfashion/himekaji/otome/etc stuff, but only a few lolita pieces. i also literally have 0 female friends-- all i do is do work for online classes, play vidya & D&D with my SO and dudes from my D&D group.

the closest i have to a female friend are my sisters, who i'm rather disconnected with rn.

>> No.8601900

>>8600454
You sound like such an unpleasant person to be around

>> No.8601925
File: 1.70 MB, 365x274, 1440846351357.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597156
>i know that feel

It's okay anon, everything is going to be alright. We just have to work, do our best at what we know and maybe we will become famous. Yeah. I hope so.

>> No.8602242

we all try so hard to make it clear that lolita and other similar fashions aren't some kind of weird ageplay stuff
but the more I look into it the more ddlg stuff fits my relationship models to a T
and I'm pretty sure that my weird ageplay stuff is a fundamental enough thing about me that I'm pretty sure to me the fashion really does tie into it too for me.
Welp.
Not that it's a sexual fetish for me.
But a fetish is a fetish is a fetish.

>> No.8602292

>>8601018
>>8590988
>>8586988

Lonely Lolita Vidya Club when?

>> No.8602301

I get excessively possessive over the characters I cosplay. If someone does the same character, even if they're shitty, I still get annoyed. It's not because I want to be the best one, I want to be the only one because I love the character so much. I never bring this up in public, I just act like it doesn't bother me while inside I'm gritting my teeth.

I also hate it when people with a skill level lower than mine or a personality I don't like want to make a group/pair cosplay with me. I usually make up a bullshit reason to get out of it.

>> No.8602315

I'm a part of the so-called brandwhore group of my community. We go to each other's houses and dress up in everyone's clothes.

>> No.8602351

Whenever i see someone call it bodyline yokoso especially in my comm i die laughing and cant take them seriously

>yokoso is welcome. bodylines website is just welcoming you.

>> No.8602354

>>8602351
I've never seen that. Caps? I can't believe anyone would actually call it Bodyline Yokoso.

>> No.8602383

I have dirt that could ruin the reputation of quite a few 'popular' or 'well respected' members in my local community, so when I see them at cons I just make uninterrupted eye contact with a smile that lets them know I have them by the balls. None of them have tried anything smart, so I guess it works. Not so much a dirty secret as my one point where my humility doesn't get the best of me, because I know I'm in the right and could put them on blast at any point provided they inspire me enough. Just let me go to cons in peace and I won't let the world know what a gigantic bitch you really are.

>> No.8602450

>>8586988
I dont wear ita and you dont have to buy me stuff-- but I wouldn't mind being your friend anon!

>> No.8602458

>>8602383
Do they even know you know? If not they probably just think you creepily smile like a fucking wierdo.

>> No.8602481

>>8590988
Why hasn't someone made a skype/friends/penpals thread again yet..? I always wanted to join one..

>> No.8602485

>>8602481
why haven't you made one?

>> No.8602492

Irritated because my local comm is being run by the most boring white people on the planet. Do you really have to say TURN UP a million times when none of you can really handle your alcohol / even party very much at all?

>> No.8602504

>>8602492
Sounds like my friends... They like to party at cons, but they act like they're a lot more crazy than they really are. They're honest pretty low-key, it's very silly.

>> No.8602509

>>8602458
Yea. It's people who have intentionally fucked me over in PMS so they know exactly who I am.

>> No.8602524

Not a real dirty secret but i would really like to find a bf that likes to dress kodona/aristocrat/visual kei, it's a bit hard to find since i'm a big sperg and here no one dress any alt fashion.
If this dream could be true, we would match coords and share something from our wardrobes, talk about purchases.
And what i find are creepos into weird fetishes or people that want to involve TOO fast, red flags i mean.
>i realized i'm too picky about this
>i like also guys that dress western goth or punk, cyber, other alt non jfashion styles
>but the weeb jfash dream is strong in me

>> No.8602526

>>8602504
If your friends are from California it probably is them.

>> No.8602529

>>8602485
I sound like an idiot whenever I try to write anything offical sounding or else I would..

>> No.8602534

>>8602481
If you give me your skype I can add you to the skype group we have going. :3

>> No.8602537

>>8602481
Because they get filled with trolls and janitor-chan just deletes the whole thing.

>> No.8602657
File: 34 KB, 497x750, tumblr_mic7v9Gv4z1qm287xo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was into lolita pretty briefly, though I still hang around here to keep up with the community. I dropped out a few years ago, and all the friends I've made in the community have been worried sick or even angry.

I've been taking care of my elderly mother. The stress has been driving me crazy, and I don't even have the time between two jobs and college to dress up anymore. I don't really want to tell them what's been keeping me out of there because I don't want to pity play.

Having to dust cobwebs off of my dresses has been the worst hell, and I feel like I can't do anything I want to or get my life moving while I'm stuck out here taking care of her. But I can't just walk away, either; I don't have a lot of savings(her medical bills and addictions take most of our money) and no real connections to land me a place to go, on top of her guaranteeing me she'd commit suicide the moment I left.

I've made so many attempts to get her set up nicely with a caregiver and myself out of here, but it always explodes due to horrible circumstance. Just a few days ago my roommate-to-be vanished, leaving a suicide note, and I haven't heard from him at all. I don't want to be stuck out here another year.

Thanks for letting me rant, /cgl/. I'm going to go get smashed.

>> No.8602765

>>8602657
I'm so sorry about everything that's happening. You aren't crying for pity, it's a real situation that is fucking you up and if people can't deal with that, too bad.

It's really nice that they're concerned about you, at least.

Get drunk and relax.

>> No.8602823

I don't know anything about lolita, yet it fascinates me to no end. I don't understand any of it or where to begin, yet I can't stop looking at these dresses and going through catalogs. There's something elite about it that I feel I must have. Maybe there's something legit wrong with me. Probably.

>> No.8602829

>>8602765
They're good people in this comm. I never ran into the problems so many people encounter. I was almost getting romantically involved through that, you know? she was cute, even if I hadn't tried girls before.

This is a dying thread, even. I don't know. I feel washed up.

>> No.8603071
File: 253 KB, 500x281, jelly.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8601018
Are you me anon? because i am in the exact same situation. Want to be pen pal friends?

>> No.8603075

>>8599894
Look at drag makeup tutorials. These can be toned down and altered to make less dramatic looks, and it'll familiarize you with the techniques needed for how to apply makeup to a male face (concealing stubble, contouring, highlighting, etc.) One queen I'm familiar with who does tutorials is Miss Fame, but I'm sure there are many others you can find on youtube.

>> No.8603094
File: 82 KB, 550x765, 1423091018290.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8601018
i'm the anon from before, you seem like a total sweetheart, and like someone i'd enjoy talking to. email me at my throwaway if you want!

>> No.8603287

>>8602504
tbh your friends sound shitty.

>> No.8603305

>>8597156
This. I'm so jealous of kawaii fashion bloggers even though in reality they're all circle lenses/wig wearing carbon copies of each other.
But goddamn it must be good to know so many people think you're pretty. And to get free shit from companies.

>> No.8603603

>>8600614
>>8602481
>>8602292

You guys are very sweet, I would honestly work hard to become friends with you, especially if some of you share my hobbies (vidya). I've been hoping for a friends thread, but they don't seem to be very accepted, and I don't want to shit up the board just because "oh so ronery".

>>8600583

Me and my SO have been together for 3 years now, but it's been 9 years since I've spoken to another female for longer than a few minutes, online or offline (mothers don't count, right?).

There are plenty of nice people that seem to like me at uni, but I feel I have no way to explain my social anxiety, and don't want to inconvenience anyone/make them feel unwanted just because of my timidness.

>tfw just want a sweet fellow gull to be my friend

>> No.8603618

>>8603603
I'm always really surprised when I hear about people who don't have a single friend, but have a boyfriend/romantic relationship That seems way more stressful than finding a friend.

I guess my point is, if you were able to find a partner, you will be able to find a friend. You don't have to explain social anxiety to other people, just tell them you're shy and can get nervous in social situations, and that it's not their fault.

>tfw I say all this, but still haven't been able to make friends with fellow gulls beyond occasional chitchat

>> No.8603828
File: 298 KB, 500x333, 648564855.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8603071
>>8603094
i'd love to be penpals/friends!

>>8603603
i would also enjoy being your friend, too, anon! i personally think a friends thread would be pretty sweet, but i'm also not sure if it would shit up the board or not for most people.

anybody feel free to email me!

>> No.8604881
File: 318 KB, 245x150, sweetjelly.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8602292
>>8603603
>>8603094
I'm in the the same boat as all of you and I'd like to make some girlfriends with similar interests . I am >>8603071 and I attached my throwaway, I'd love to be penpals or something

>> No.8606582

>>8603618
Yeah, i feel always like you because as i struggle to find new friends and have a normal social life, i have it worse to find a bf.
They are advantaged to find a friend since they find already a SO!
Good luck again anons to find friends!
>and again we can't have a friend find thread
>everytime it gets deleted
>feel sad man

>> No.8607557

>>8584767
I secretly want to join a lolita com and get into the fashion. But tbh the girls seem like two faced catty bitches. I might try to just buy my first dress instead of making one but I heard that's frowned upon in some circles. Plus I'm really scared since I'm biologically male but identify as genderfluid. Seems like some lolitas don't like male lolitas or are wary of them since some turn out to be creepers. Blah such a shitty situation. I just wanna be a pretty lolita princess.

>> No.8607559

>>8607557

Fuck off, degenerate.

>> No.8607562

>>8607559
No need to be hostile for literally no reason

>> No.8607711

>>8607557
Why did you post the exact same thing in the general? Is this bait?

>> No.8608242

My stepbrother lives out of state and I don't answer his calls on purpose.

He has Down syndrome and he was a very sweet kid but once puberty hit it became uncomfortable to be around him. Of course he can't control his feelings but he kept telling me he wanted me to be his girlfriend and that he loved me more than a sister. It was funny at first but then he started threatening my boyfriend and telling me lies about him and that really pissed me off. I told him not to do it again and he said he understood and yet he keeps telling me he wants me to be his girlfriend even though he knows I'm his sister. I know I'm being childish and people say he just misses me but I know he knows what he's trying to do and I'm not having it.

Related because my sister and I used to dress him up in our "fancy" dresses that remind me of lolita dresses. The three of us had fun but it made our step-dad mad.

>> No.8608872

>>8585039
You...had sex? In full lolita?! That's truly terrifying. I couldn't imagine putting a cute coord at risk for something as common as sex.