[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 89 KB, 1348x899, 5ad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8567014 No.8567014 [Reply] [Original]

old one's in autosage.

anyways, i have a salon appointment in about an hour.
what's a good shade of blonde for someone with pale pink skin

>> No.8567055
File: 2.91 MB, 1994x1994, 04a9f3f260a2f6e9d0f5eeeb4515dc7a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8567014
Pinky skin is usually considered cool so ashy, icy, beige, neutral and pearl tones are usually best . Avoid golden, honey and bronzy tones.

You may also suit pinkier strawberry blonde shades but be careful, they're not for everyone, best to talk to the hairdresser about it to determine their suitability.

If you're very pale, You can usually get away with very light cool blonde shades.

>> No.8567071

>>8567055
i've had strawberry blonde before and it's a lot of upkeep for me in order to make sure it doesn't turn yellow. it sounds so good on paper but i end up looking like big bird, i wish i could pull them off

thank you though! i for some reason thought pink was a warmer color for skin and that's probably my issue.

>> No.8567287
File: 30 KB, 313x350, big curls wedding hairstyle down.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What is the least damaging way to get big curls like pic related? I've tried overnight methods like foam rollers or rag curls but the curls always end up being much tighter than this.

>> No.8567293

Maybe try putting your hair in a bun overnight. Sometimes I get curls similar to this.

>> No.8567420

>>8567287
Are you brushing them out properly and THEN using a boar brush? Brushing them out is what gives the curls that nice soft 1940s look.

>> No.8567461
File: 259 KB, 500x335, adding volume to a bob.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I didn't realize there was a new thread.

Still looking for help from the last thread, please!

Conversation in question:
>>8565591
>>8566347
>>8567381

>> No.8567477

Speaking of skin tones I'm kind of a cool yellow (not asian), and I have a lot of trouble finding good haircolors.
Ive been thinking of going lighter, would a more honey color suit me better? or like an ashy color...
I think ashtones look better on me but idk my skin tone is so odd
>>8567071
Well you can be a cool pink or a warm pink.
Look at your veins, what color are they?

>> No.8567633

Does anyone here have any experience with keratin treatments? Positive or negative.
I have thick, frizzy, wavy to curly hair that goes past my bust and I think I would benefit from it if all goes well. I can only wear my hair down one day after washing and I can't brush it because it turns into a disgusting poofy mess. It takes an hour to go around my head with straighteners if I rush and my hair still appears very thick,

>> No.8567725

>>8567633
You've got to do the Curly Girl method and embrace the curl, Anon. Keratin never did anything for me, and I have similar hair to yours. If you treat it right the curls will get bouncier and you might be able to get to two days in a row with your hair down (though I still haven't achieved this).

>> No.8567837

>>8567725
Curls make my hair look even bulkier so it's not something I like to encourage for my hair. I'd just end up putting it in a ponytail like I usually do but I'd like the chance to have my hair down and feel comfortable with it for once.
My curls only tighten towards the end of my hair so I guess I could try the method for a bit but I've had a shampoo sitting around for ages with sulfate that I need to use.

>> No.8567907

>>8567461
I think when you're growing it out you basically get a choice between growing it as quickly as you can and looking like a shaggy dog with an unfortunate mullet stage, or taking a little longer and having it look nice. I don't think a long pixie will take much length off, and you can transition it into a longer at the front angled bob type of thing. The pictures you link looked nice, but I think you'd be better with sideswept bangs rather than horizontal blunt ones

>>8567633
Embrace the curl, get it layered out with a good trusted stylist if you need to decrease the bulk.

>> No.8567913

>>8567633
Keratin treatment didn't do anything for me, and it made my hair smell terrible while wet. A heavy moisturizer can cut down on frizz, though. Moroccan Oil's repair moisturizer is probably best

>> No.8567988
File: 259 KB, 1000x1000, s-l1000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would you anons recommend any japanese brands of hair dye? I want to redye my hair, but since I'm trying to get a job it needs to be a more natural color. I love some of palty's colors, but I'm always iffy about trying new brands. Any recs, or should I stick with western dyes?

>> No.8568009

>>8567988
I prefer Palty Bubble hair dye over american bubble hair dye

it will look natural.

>> No.8568041

>>8567907
My current hairdresser wouldn't thin my hair because it would cause even more frizz.

>>8567913
The shampoo and conditioner? It says it's for damaged/coloured hair and I don't usually buy those kind of products as I look for a more smoother effect. Would it be better than the Smoothing or Hydrating line?

>> No.8568053

>>8567287
Have you tried BIGGER foam rollers? The tightness of the curl depends on the size of the roller/rag.

>> No.8568056

>>8567477
try truth-is-beauty and take the season quiz. find out what season you are and then look for recommended/most common natural hair colours for that season.

>> No.8568059

>>8568009
Tried both Palty and Liese and they were okay. Smell lovely too, which is a nice bonus.
Definite improvement over the 2 shades of Schwarzkopf Palette bubble dyes we've got here.

>> No.8568060

I got an odd problem that I don't know how to approach:

I've gotten down to washing my hair twice a week. My current routine is washing Sunday night/Monday morning then Friday morning. I take care of minor oiliness with dry shampoo on the weekdays, and it isn't until Friday that I need to wash due to substantial oiliness underneath and around my crown.

Now after washing on Friday, my head's oil production always ramps up over the weekend, and by Sunday morning it looks like how it usually does after the 5 weekdays... I thought I was imagining it but I've noticed it over the past few weeks.

Is there ANY possible explanation for this or am I just being crazy? Ideally, I'd like to space out the days more - I only regularly wash on Sunday/Monday because of this issue.

>> No.8568067
File: 23 KB, 320x320, champagne%20Pink[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8567988
I've used Milktea Brown a couple of times on my unbleached (black) hair, it's looks pretty natural but the colours aren't nearly as nice as what's on the box. Fresh Light's Champagne Pink is my go-to colour when I want lighter colour hair now.

>> No.8568093

>>8568060
wash every three days.

>> No.8568112

>>8568060
I'd say examine your routine and habits and see if you do anything differently over the weekend than you do on a weekday. For me, my hair gets oiliest on the weekend because I'll have it down and fondle it more than during the week. If it's really bothering you, I'd say rinse it between washes and see how your hair handles it.

>> No.8568117
File: 120 KB, 450x450, Reem-Hair-Color-Natural-Black-.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I keep hearing people say 'your natural colour always suits you best' but just like there are unfortunate-looking faces, can't there be unfortunate hair colours (relative to the skin undertone, sure)?

My natural colour is absolute ass. I'm a warm-toned Soft Autumn and my hair is 'natural black', aka a very very ashy, cool and dark brown. I can never make it work, it always makes me look dirty.

I've been dyeing it chocolate brown or auburn for years and I hate the money, upkeep and my roots showing (and do they ever). If I do warm highlights the contrast is too strong and it ends up looking trashy.

Pic related is close to my natural colour. For context, my skin is around NARS Siberia-ish with some slightly darker areas.

>> No.8568132

>>8568067
Do you have pics? I like the box colour of milk tea brown but I'm totally happy to stick to wigs if it's not going to be as nice.

>> No.8568133

>>8568093
Hmm, why three days? That seems frequent - I've been trying to decrease my hair washing to once a week, based on reading here and other places online. After three days my hair still feels pretty clean. My hair is also very thick and curly, for what it's worth.

>>8568112
I never thought about that, but it makes sense! My daily routine definitely differs on weekdays versus weekends, so I'll try to be more aware. Thanks for the tip!

>> No.8568140

>>8568117
It can sometimes be a problem, yeah. It also depends on what your skin and hair does with the seasons - I have a friend who suits the Spring palette best but her natural hair is a fairly ashy mid brown, and lightens to a dirty neutral sort of blonde in summer. Obviously in the winter when she's at her palest she just looks sick with the ashy colours, so she dyes her hair to a more gold version of what it naturally does in summer.

>> No.8568341

>>8567014
I have a small forehead. I just want bangs, anons
;_;

>> No.8568372

I bleached my brown hair to a really pale blonde, then, I use purple shampoo to get a lighter color.
After that, I dyed it grey, the first time I washed it, some parts fade and yellow appeared. Why is that? My hair was not event at that shade of blonde when I dyed it grey? Can I fix it with purpl shampoo?

>> No.8568394

>>8568060
It could be things like the weather, how much you sweat, what you are doing, etc. I find that how often I need to wash my hair depends on the time of year.

You also may just not be able to wash once a week, stuff like dry shampoo is not supposed to be a real alternative to washing, its more for like extending for one more day, and you do need to wash that out of your hair along with any products you are using.

>> No.8568586

>>8568067
Champagne pink is a color I've always wanted to try. Would you suggest buying from amazon or is there another site you'd recommend?

>> No.8568745

How often do you gulls get your hair done at salons?

>> No.8568768

>>8568745
seldom, only to get it trimmed

>> No.8568797

>>8567461
Your question is tough because it really depends on how fast you want it to reach the length you want. I'm growing out my hair right now and I'm in the "shaggy dog with an unfortunate mullet state" that >>8567907 was talking about. Right now I'm just trimming my bangs to keep the front neat, but letting everything else grow out as-is since I want my hair to be long ASAP. I'm using a lot of pomade and pins to style the top and push the sides back to keep the poofiness in check, and rocking a small ponytail.

>>8568341
anon, I also have a small forehead. I always wanted bangs so one day I just went for it. It took awhile before I was able to figure out the best cut/style for me. Since I have both a small and narrow forehead as well as a round face shape, bangs are not supposed to work at all, but I found a style that I think looks good on me. Basically, rock some feathery bangs and don't do a full fringe since it can overwhelm your face. My bangs cover 3/4 of my forehead and it looks much better than full bangs.

>> No.8568810

>>8568586
My family lives in Taiwan, so I usually stock up when I visit them, but most Asian beauty supply stores carry it if you're in a downtown location. Ebay has cheaper listings than Amazon if buying in physical stores isn't an option.

>> No.8568964
File: 687 KB, 601x601, hair.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How would one achieve this style?

>> No.8568985

>>8568745
Once every 4-6 months to get it cut and colored. I've been going to my stylist forever and I love what she does with my hair. (I'm also not very adventurous with my hair, I've kept it the same style and color for years.)

>> No.8569005

>>8568964
prayers

>> No.8569077

>>8568964
have naturally thick curly hair, cut it short like that, give yourself bangs, straighten bangs everyday.

>> No.8569293

I've been thinking about cutting my hair short, almost pixie length but longer. How can I avoid the awkward stages when growing it out? I want to keep away from heat styling as much as possible.

>> No.8569342

>>8569293
See >>8567461 and the previous thread plus replies in this thread

>> No.8569396
File: 99 KB, 559x634, WIN_20150821_181734.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8567477
my veins look blue, so i think i'm a cool pink. i look better in the ashier shades anyways

i talked to the hairdresser and pic related (sorry for potato quality but the colors are accurate) is the result.

i'm very happy with it i just hope it won't go brassy

>> No.8569443
File: 682 KB, 2048x2048, tBGjiXK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i need some help:

i went to the salon to get my hair to the right pic color after having it teal. instead of bleaching away the teal, they covered it with red dye to cancel out the blue. after that they covered it with brown dye, thus creating left hair color (my hair is damp in the pic btw but its color accurate)
i'm mainly pissed/depressed now because i specifically told them to make it as light as possible. this color looks like shit on me and i didnt even ask for red.

i visited two salons today and they told me they don't want to work on my hair yet because it's been bleached twice and to get it lighter they'll have to bleach it again, which could possibly 'melt' my hair. they were also afraid of the bleach bringing out the blue again.
i was told to come back in two+ weeks after my hair has faded more. i have been washing it twice per day, using clarifying shampoos, etc.. when i look at the color bleed in the shower i only see red. will the red dye fade and leave me with the brown, or will the brown fade too?

and do any of you have tips on how to make it fade fast? tomorrow im going to combine vitamin c, dish soap, and clarifying shampoo and leave it in for a couple hours. apparently that fades red hair really fast.

>> No.8569454

>>8569443
Please don't use dish soap on your hair. Dish soap is going to strip all the oil out of your hair and leave it looking like a drab, flat mess. (My roommate tried this and had to get her damaged hair cut off).

Is there a reason you didn't ask these questions of the salon you went or why you want to speed up this process? They probably told you to wait because that's the best way to get the color you want.

>> No.8569465

>>8569443
The brown will not fade, unnatural colors tend to be semi permanent so you have the ability to try to fade it. Colors like you have tend to be permament colors. So you can fade the hair but the brown will not leave, it will just turn to another shade of brown until it grows out. Another example is black, you can fade black to a brown but it wont fully go away, so you may get a color that is faded but still not what you want. You will have to bleach it.

Basically the reason they are refusing you is because they are scared. They dont want to be liable to ruining your hair because bleaching it a lot will be bad. However it will be the only way to get that hair lighter, and the only way to really get it to a blonde that you like in the end. Since the girl bascially just put darker shit on your hair isntead of stripping out the color, you will have the blue underneath but again stripping that color will remove it. Even if you go back in 2 weeks all they will be doing is bleaching to lift the color, and I bet they will refuse to do it to that light because of the dyed brown.

Personally I would just do it myself at this point. You spent a lot of money to get shit and giving people who are not confident money to fuck up your hair again wont be fun. At least if you do something it will be on you and you will be able to deal better.

>> No.8569470

>>8569443
First off, I saw you call the right pic in the feels thread "light brown" and that's definitely not brown. It's light ash blonde, medium blonde at darkest. It'll be hard to attain.
I have double bleached hair dyed dark brown, and I personally find that my dye fades to red in the more damaged areas, more gold in the less damaged areas. So congratulations, it might not even fade evenly. But just sticking it out for a month or two, shampooing and conditioning everyday will strip it like no other. You don't need to do anything but that. You'll probably have to wait a bit, but then you can bleach some more of the color out and then tone as necessary. I don't think the blonde pictured is going to happen, but you can at least get a more suitable color. Your skin looks very cool toned.

>> No.8569517

>>8569454
>Is there a reason you didn't ask these questions of the salon you went or why you want to speed up this process?
well the salons were the ones who sold me the special shampoos/conditioner etc to help make the color fade faster. and i guess i'll just stay away from dish soap, thanks for the warning!

>>8569465
>>8569470
at this point i don't even care about getting it to a super light brown/blonde, i just want them to lighten it. im not worried about getting a specific color- i just look horrible with dark hair, especially with red tones.

so basically the red will fade but the brown won't budge? i figure they won't have too hard of a time getting rid of the brown, they were concerned about the red since its hard to get out.

even though it'll damage my hair i think im going to get it done in a couple weeks anyway. i feel so bad about having dark hair that i dont want to go anywhere or take pictures of myself.. and its funny because i went to the salon super excited to get the hair i wanted and 5 hours+$300 later i look like shit lol

if any of you have bleached your hair 3 times, how was it? would you avoid bleaching it that many times?

thanks for the help!

>> No.8569521

>>8569517
oh, also on the condition of my bleached hair:
it was first bleached from dark brown to yellow in may and i dyed my hair pink.
i had leftover pink so they bleached it away and dyed my hair teal.
to get rid of the brown/red it will be my 3rd time bleaching. what do you recommend i do in the upcoming weeks to make my hair as strong as possible?

>> No.8569524

>>8569517
I wouldn't bleach it that much if you want to keep the length. Your ends basically get fucked and you run the risk of a chemical haircut, particularly with all the stuff you've already done to it

>> No.8569531

>>8567633
Ever try plopping/plunking? I've seen good results from other people trying it, and I cant wait to try it once my hair gets longer!

>> No.8569538

>>8569524
i just got 3 inches cut off but im fine with getting more. hell, ill even get it cut to my shoulders. i was also told that i might have to get layers, which im fine with too. its the color that i really care about.

>> No.8569568

>>8569531
I have thick long hair (to my hipbone) and tried plopping twice. I tried 8 and 12 hours, and both times my hair was still too damp in the middle and frizzy on the dry parts. I'll stick with braids thank you.

>> No.8569673

Do you brush your hair while it's still wet or when it's dry?

>> No.8569710
File: 37 KB, 320x400, short fringe bangs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8567907
>>8568797
Alright, thank you guys! I might get it trimmed up once, since it's so long on top, and try to commit to not cutting it afterward. It's just really frustrating because I hate my hair so much right now, haha. I keep trying to do different things with it in the meantime, but it just always manages to be awkward looking.

Maybe one day I will have qt hair like pic related.

>> No.8569745

>>8569673
don't brush wet hair, it's more breakable then
at most use a wide tooth comb but just wait until it's almost dry to brush your hair

>> No.8570019

>>8569531
Looks like it makes peoples hair curlier which I don't want and all the examples seem to be people who have tight curls in the first place anyway. Frizz is a major problem so if it helps that then it could be good. Probably a bitch to fit all my hair in a shirt or towel though.

>> No.8570032

>>8569745
If you have curly hair you are best to do it wet, because dry brushing or even combing will fuck up curls and make it frizzy.

>> No.8570036

>>8569745
You can absolutely brush your hair when it's wet, it's actually even better that you do. Use a conditioner and a wide-tooth comb and do it in the shower.

>> No.8570075

>>8570032
It's different for different hair types.
For curly hair it is more beneficial as you say, but for straight hair, it's not, due to the increased fragility of straight wet hair.

>>8570036
brushing =/= combing
Did you read the second line?

The keratin proteins of hair strands are made of amino acids held together by a number of bonds including hydrogen bonds. Those hydrogen bonds are temporarily broken by water, resulting in hair stands being particularly weak when wet. If a brush is pulled through wet hair and catches on a knot, it is more likely to break the strand than if the hair was dry as then the hydrogen bonds are not broken. However, gentle wet detangling with a wide tooth comb will generally work for all.

>> No.8570082

>>8570075
oh ok, sorry
at least where I'm from, when people say brushing they usually mean running anything through their hair

>> No.8570086

>>8570082
Oh I'm sorry anon. I know that feel, for a long time I thought combs and brushes as words were interchangeable. And also sandals and slippers lol

>> No.8572967
File: 177 KB, 500x613, DSC09989 copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry if this is too OT for /cgl/, but I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding and I was really hoping you guys could give me some advice because I'm sort of at a loss.

Basically, she's hired a couple hairdressers to style our hair for us, but we have to decide what sort of style we want and have some example pictures to show them when we get there, Pic related (please pardon the terrible lighting) is my dress and what my hair looks like naturally without any kind of styling or product. I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with any ideas, let alone something that would look good on me and with the dress. I was thinking maybe some kind of semi-updo but I'm not sure...

Any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks, anons.

>> No.8572980
File: 493 KB, 1024x766, Tsuge combs on sale in Tokyo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8567014
Are tsuge combs worth it?

>> No.8573030

>>8572967
I'm know you weren't fishing for compliments but everything in your picture is lovely! I don't have any styles to recommend but Pinterest has A LOT of wedding boards with, of course, plenty hair styles. It may be worth the time to browse those boards until someone else can offer better advice.

>> No.8573049

>>8569745
I'd also recommend sanding down the seams on the teeth from the casting. They're not as much of a problem in wide toothed combs since the teeth aren't touching many hairs in general, but it's still the equivalent of running a ribbon through scissors.

>> No.8573063
File: 988 KB, 480x360, 1414233770082.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8573030
You're so sweet! I actually haven't looked at Pinterest yet, but I'll definitely go check it out. Thank you so much for the tip and your kind words.

>> No.8573481
File: 391 KB, 645x804, 4984906856.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8572967
you should do something like pic related to the side imo! would look very elegant, but still feminine and fun. or really any kind of *messy* updo

>> No.8573528
File: 93 KB, 960x960, 11930578_904408602941249_2088146150_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's a good shampoo / conditioner / product ... Or better yet, share your hair routines because I don't know what I'm doing. My hair is p dry, pic related, and I want to achieve nice thick not dry hair like Lauren Mayberry. ;-;

>> No.8573579

b-bump

>> No.8573610

>>8573579
>bumping a thread not even after an hour after the last post
Stop that, newfriend.

>>8573528
I like the co-wash method and cwc. Co-wash is conditioner only and washes just as well as shampoo with the added benefit that it doesn't strip nearly as bad. Downside is, you get a bit of build up and have to clarify after a bit.

CWC is when you use conditioner, massage a bit, then add shampoo without washing out. The conditioner helps to protect the hair from the shampoo, then once it's out, you add more conditioner. I personally like using this method after an oil hair mask because I"m not sure if only using conditioner would get it all out.

I'd also suggest going longer between washes, especially if you wash it every day, that way your hair has enough time to recuperate. Also, adding oil to your hair when it's damp will help. Look for something moisturizing such as Jojoba oil or argan oil.

>> No.8573616

>>8573528
no poo. you srsly think she has time or capabilities to bathe, much less wash hair while touring?

>> No.8573645

>>8573610
Soz, I usually stay on /an/ where new threads are far and few so I assume every other board is as fast as /b/.

>>8573610
I only wash my hair once every two to three days. I'll look into that thank you, I have some black castor oil lying around too.

>>8573616
I tried no poo once! It worked pretty well for awhile, but then the hair on my scalp started getting pretty grossly greasy despite me making sure to thoroughly wash it. Is there some secret to no poo I'm overlooking?

>> No.8573682
File: 15 KB, 278x278, it-s-a-10-miracle-styling-serum-278x278.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8573528
I have a similar hair texture so here's some basic tips:
1.don't wash your hair every day, you can shower but cover your hair. Ideally you should wash it 3 times a week at the most.
2.When you wash, only use a small amount of shampoo, just enough to get those oily roots at your scalp!
3.Put your conditioner in everywhere but your roots, let that shit sit for as long as you can stand. Shave, take a bath, do whatever to kill time.

Specific products aren't a huge difference, but my hair does respond better to some of the higher end products so if you're used to cheapo stuff you might want to at least test them out. You could also get a deep conditioning hair mask from just about any brand and let it sit on your hair overnight and then wash it in the morning. If you do all these and your hair still looks the same or there's not much improvement, you might be like me and that's just how your hair is. I find that my hair is a lot smoother when I style it with any kind of heat tool so try doing that and just make sure you have a heat protectant on first! If I recommend any product I will say that my hair really really likes the It's a 10 styling serum, it's pricey but could be worth a try! I use it on my hair is right out of the shower and again after I style it.

>> No.8573770

>>8573645
How long did you try no poo? Sometimes scalps will over produce oil because it's used to getting it stripped so often. Like when starting a new skin care routine, your body needs time to adjust to changes. You can try dry shampoo in between washes to get rid of the oil temporarily.

>> No.8573782

>>8573645
>assume every thread is as fast as /b/
Nah. Threads on /cgl/ stay up for quite some time, especially generals. /b/ is the fastest because that's where everyone goes to talk about nothing, followed by /v/ then maybe /tv/.

>> No.8573872

>>8573645
If no poo doesn't suit you I'd suggest CWC with sulfate free products

>> No.8574791

>>8569396

You can get blue (if it tends to be orangy) or purple-tinted shampoo (if it tends to be yellowy). It won't make your hair look blue or purple, but what it does is tone down the orangeness or yellowness of your hair and it makes it look a lot more natural.

>> No.8574857

>>8573481
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. That's really cute and pretty. I'm absolutely saving your pic and considering something like this.

>> No.8574932

My hair looks like garbage. Natural mousey brown color in the back, bleached to a light yellow in the front from me trying to get a pastel color.

I was going to dye the brown parts black, but what should I do about the bleached portion?

>> No.8574982
File: 102 KB, 600x450, file.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How would one go about to easiest achieve dark gray hair like pic related? I have platunium now (bleached) and going to get white, but after that? I haven't found any dark gray colors, would a very mixed out black (ex Directions+mixer) work?

>> No.8575084
File: 236 KB, 600x600, jobaz-hair-colour-remover-max-strength-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8569517
Try a hair dye stripper and see if it works a little bit before diving in and bleaching again.

>> No.8575092

>>8574982
Mixed out black would turn blue, semi-permanent dyes in general are never really a true black. Try finding an ashy toner?

>> No.8575098

>>8574982
>>8575092
Just had a google, maybe look into Wella Color Fresh, apparently they have 6 grey/silver shades.

>> No.8575103

>>8575098
Yeah.. They either get blue or weird green I guess. Thank you so much! Only found Wella Color Charm before, but Color Fresh has the perfect shades. Thanks again Anon!

>> No.8575866
File: 582 KB, 960x1280, tumblr_nsd6mdvy1y1qc5jioo2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Which hair dye would give me this color? I know it's a wig but I'm starting to really like it.

It seems to be a reddish brown?

>> No.8575894

>>8575866
I'm not very experienced with hair dye, but in terms of that colour I would try searching for dark auburn.

>> No.8575947

>>8567014
How to get rid of dandruff?

>> No.8575980

Someone helped me dye my hair this afternoon. I just realized now that it's dry, most of my roots did not get dyed and it looks horrible. Any advice on how to fix it quickly?

>> No.8575987

>>8575866
if your hair is really dark/black L'Oréal Paris Féria might work from what i'm seeing on google. my hair is light and i used to die it about this color, i know i used L'Oreal but I can't remember what the exact color was. I find the browns last much longer than the reds though (the red made my hair bright orange after a few weeks lol)

>> No.8576822
File: 22 KB, 557x229, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm getting my roots done and a tint, and I was wondering if my skintone would suit ashy blondes, any ideas? I can't seem to work out my undertones at all. Also sorry for awkward fod pic lmao.

>> No.8576871

>>8576822
I'd say yeah

>> No.8576875

>>8575947
>phrases question as 'how to do x'
I see u Vladimir

>> No.8577202

I want to get a haircut, looking for inspiration. Please dump any short hairstyles with straight hair. Preferably with bangs.

>> No.8577214

>>8577202
maybe post an example of what you're looking for?

>> No.8577222
File: 207 KB, 470x750, 1355453778268.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8577214
Kinda like this, I guess? Bangs, but not too blunt, short with layers.

>> No.8577259

>>8567633
I use coconut shampoo and conditioner twice a week and it seriously cuts down on frizz, but I also only use a wide tooth comb on my hair every other day because it tangles terribly otherwise. Other than that I use dandruff treatments. My hair is oily by nature so my routine is to use selsun blue for dandruff( which doesn't get out much oil), put in Organix coconut shampoo, condition with the Organix coconut conditioner, and then if it feels overly conditioned I use the Organix australian tea tree oil shampoo. After all that my hair gets a three day break before it's gross again but those three days are of great hair and defined curls.

>> No.8577311

I am kind of just looking for tips on growing hair out. I used to have really nice long hair, but a few years ago I was stupidly pressured into donating it, and then learned about Locks of Love and felt miserable because they suck.

Anyway, is there anyway to make the awkward shoulder length stage look nice? My hair is really thick, wavy, and bushy. It looks nice short, and looks nice around bra length...anything else is kind of eh.

>> No.8577317

>>8575980
What colour was it before and now? What did you use?

>>8577311
For growing out less is more. The less shit you do to your hair the healthier it is. At most watch for split ends but you don't need to get it trimmed as often as hairdressers will say and the best thing for growing hair is to be healthy yourself.

>> No.8577362

>>8577317
Yeah, I baby my hair a lot, and it does grow really fast, I just don't know how to style it when it's up to my shoulders and usually get frustrated and cut it again...which repeats the cycle.

>> No.8577403

>>8573528

I also had very bad dry hair.
This is what I started doing a year ago.
I bought Dr. Bronners castile soap the baby mild one,a boar bristle hair brush and 1Lt of almond oil.
Every day 30 minutes before washing my hair I put an almond oil drop in my hand and spread it on the brush. Brush hair.
Prepare my half tea cup of vinegar dilute in 1Lt of luke warm water.
Half a spoon of it dilute with a shot glass.

Wash hair and rinse like normal, when its all clean, rinse with the vinegar and rinse hair with water again just to take the vinegar.
Don't rub the towel or the twist updo, take only the excess of water and let it air dry naturally.

My hair since I've started doing this became more shiny and visibly healthy, less dry, started to fall less, grew faster and never had any split ends.
I do the almond hair/wash routine everyday.
Everyone reacts in different ways tho'

>> No.8577405

>>8577403
Sorry, hald a spoon of castile diluted with water in a shot glass or a tiny cup.

>> No.8577857

>>8577403
What's an LT? Little tablespoon?

>> No.8577875

>>8577857
Liter I'm pretty sure.

>> No.8577889

>>8577875
Why not just write it as L then, like it's supposed to be written?

>> No.8577921

>>8577317
I dyed my hair specifically because my roots are growing in. I dyed it dark red and used boxed hair color. Never had issues with boxed hair color before. I bought another box of dye and I might redo it, I don't know. I know it's not good for your hair but I really hate how it looks right now.

>> No.8577948

>>8577889
Yeah, idk what it is with anons not using proper abbreviations because I was recently reading a recipe on /ck/ that asked for a TS of salt and I didn't know if it was a tablespoon or a teaspoon (figured teaspoon because you generally don't use that much salt, but still annoying).

>> No.8578143
File: 48 KB, 336x1500, 71k8QH+HBGL._SL1500_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Clarifying shampoo is legit, right? I've read a bit and understand it's for cleaning buildup in your hair. Is that pretty much all there is to it? Is it worth adding into my routine?

>> No.8578170

>>8574932
A semi permanent purple will cover pastel yellow pretty well

>> No.8578306
File: 1.27 MB, 2592x1944, IMG_20150826_005002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What shape is my face?
What style would look good on me?

I've always been bad at hair.
Thanks /cgl/

>> No.8578314
File: 1.56 MB, 1944x2592, 2015-08-26 01.05.55 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8578306
Sorry, mobile

>> No.8578423

>>8578306
>>8578314
You have an oval face shape anon anything would look good on you

>> No.8578448
File: 12 KB, 280x186, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have really thick, long hair with lots of damage on the ends and fly always, and I've been thinking of trying a Japanese do-at-home hair treatment. Any body have any recommendations? I'm very gentile on my hair and have never dyed it once, but I blow dry it everytime after I shower, so that's what I guess is causing the damage.

>> No.8578575

>>8578448
Damage on the ends cannot be fixed, only cut off. Hair is dead once it leaves your scalp, you aren't going to magically fix it with any treatment. For future reference, I would suggest getting a decent heat protecting serum if you blow dry it

>> No.8578680

>>8578448
Cut of the damage and stop blow drying, IMO.
You can't fix damage, only prevent it.
Don't use anything other than a wide toothed comb until it's dry, and if you must use a hair dryer use a cool setting.
Keeping it up as much as you can will help too.

>> No.8578730
File: 13 KB, 236x354, HairyExcitingFileName.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can purple toner be used on unbleached dark blonde hair? I'm hoping for a dark gray-ish color while avoiding bleach like the plague.

>> No.8578975

>>8578143
Just use diluted apple cider vinegar as a rinse, it legit works as a clarifier

>> No.8579000

>>8568372
Go to a real hairdresser.
Seriously, bleach is dangerous and can seriously screw up your hair. Any number of things can cause that unevenness, from improper bleaching to using the wrong products to needing a different toner. Go to a real salon and see what they can do.

>> No.8579044

>>8578423
Ah, I always thought it was kind of oblong. Thanks anon

>> No.8579128
File: 21 KB, 552x414, FB_IMG_1436771749515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hi gulls, this is my hair and as you can see it's faded in different areas to a blonde or brownish color while the rest stays pinkish. I want it to all fade the same color, is there a way to do this?

>> No.8579241

>>8578730
Try a grey rinse (like what they sell for old ladies) rather than anything marketed as toner.

>>8579128
No. It will be fading unevenly because it's been bleached unevenly

>> No.8579268

>>8578143
It is, but it damages hair too. You're better off finding a gentler cleanser and washing twice.

>> No.8579295

>>8578306
I think you would look cute with a thick fringe but keep it pushed to the side

>> No.8579649
File: 67 KB, 266x354, sleeksidepart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8578314
I think you'd look great with a style like pic related - side part, with blunt then feathered ends. I think side-parts in general would look really good, with hair cut to fall across your face, softening it slightly.

>> No.8580279

>>8579649
>>8579295
Thank you

>> No.8580351
File: 33 KB, 300x400, davines-this-is-an-oil-non-oil.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8568964
>mfw i have similar hair but slightly longer and a little bit more wavy
My hair are also fine and greasy (i wash them every two days) but this oil non oil (yay my hair aren't greasy due to that oil!) helps to achieve soft and natural curls that last. The more you put the more become wavy.
Simple and very lazy hairstyle perfect for lolita.

>> No.8580971
File: 62 KB, 338x600, tumblr_nqroasMvZO1rzi5eso6_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any tips on styling my hair like this? I already have the appropriate cut.

>> No.8581027

>>8580351
I'm having a hard time deciphering what you wrote. Are you saying that stuff helps cut down grease and define curls?

>> No.8581030

>>8580971
Large barrel curling wands and lots of hairspray.

>> No.8581036

>>8572980
can't image they're much different from regular combs.

>> No.8581334

>>8569521
That sounds like a nightmare. These people are idiots. I'd demand a refund. Colors like pink and teal are food dyes and the high end ones do last quite a while but bleaching is so unnecessary. For future reference, instead of trying to bleach it out try using bar soap, lemon and baking soda (this is technically bleaching but not nearly as intense) or better yet a toner... seriously salons are taught to cover brassy colors with toner. You're teal hair could have been taken out so easily with little damage. You're hair is definitely to shreds now. The fast but damaging way to get rid of the color is to do a bleach bath but only after it has faded maybe use a toner to make it honey toned then chop all the fried shit off.

>> No.8581695
File: 156 KB, 464x437, 1439785351360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Decide to fix up bangs at 1am last night.
>Accidentally snip a piece like two inches shorter than it's supposed to be.
>okay.jpg
>Adjust all of the hair around it - It's technically cut properly, it's just too fucking short.
>Have to wait a month for it to sit properly now.

>> No.8581721
File: 131 KB, 580x580, m_55222f9e2599fe31de00ad4e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I'm thinking of doing a whole keratin brazillian blowout because my hair is incredibly frizzy and kinky and a pain in the ass to straighten. I really like the ion one because it has no formaldehyde and from reviews smells the least like toxic ass and at worst case it doesn't work instead of just forever damage.

But I was wondering if anyone here had experience with the blowout or technique or just the ion brand.

>> No.8581726

>>8581027
It looks like her hair isn't greasy anymore and gets natural curls from using the oil.

>> No.8581778

>>8580351
>>8581027
I think she meant to say that the oil isn't 'oily'.
I use moroccan or linseed oil in my own hair and it absorbs entirely, leaving it totally dry, but also hydrates the hair enough to keep the curls non-frizzy.

>> No.8581929

Okay seagulls, what are your favourite hairsprays? I need one that will hold curls really well (natural hair) and have no idea which to choose.

>> No.8581956

Is dry shampoo supposed to come out white? I have red hair and the two different brands I used (Pssst and Batiste) have come out white on my scalp. It usually blends in after I comb it though. Am I spraying too much?

>> No.8581963

>>8581956
yeah it usually does unless you buy a tinted kind

I buy one for black hair myself.

>> No.8581975

Hey gulls, I have natural super curly hair but I don't like it. So I straighten da fak out of it which takes me almost two hours to do everytime I wash my hair.
I've been thinking about doing a straight perm on it but I'm afraid my ends will fall off since they have been through a lot (including bleaching).
Is there any other option for me? What do you recommend?

>> No.8582070

>>8581963
Ah okay. I was worried I had a faulty brand or something. I guess I'll have to see if there's any red tinted ones available. I don't use it every day but I worry I'll end up with a streak of white growing down the middle of my head where I usually spray it.

>> No.8582250

Any advice for casual updos for really fine straight hair, no bangs? I'm loving my center part and my hair looks really cute down or in a low side pony, but I need to get it off my neck for hot days and my hair refuses to stay in a high ponytail regardless of Bobby pins or hair spray. Plus my hairline is kind of uneven so with no bangs a high ponytail just highlights that.

>> No.8582258

so when i was a child my hair was super curly. as i grew older it has straightened out significantly. in 9th-10th grade it was wavy and fluffy but it now at 18 its super straight basically (but smoother and healthy since i had chopped it all off and used mane n tail since, etc). is there a way to regain my lost waves naturally? why did this happen? i miss my wavy hair so damn much, my boyfriend even said "your beautiful straight hair" tonight and i was a bit angry because not too many years ago it was nice and wavy, but now it is flat and straight and i hate it.

>> No.8582259
File: 1.79 MB, 1198x1208, Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 1.58.54 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8582250
something like this would be cute!

>> No.8582271

>>8582259
Pic 2 is cuter than pic 4 on this one. And I fucking hate ponytails :0 This just looks like every angry russian lady I've ever seen trying to sweep the snow clean...

>> No.8582314

>>8582258
Genetics. When I was little I had super curly hair, it became straighter when I was school aged and then went back around puberty to curly. It just is a thing that can happened.

>> No.8582360

>>8582250
Milkmaid braids are pretty cute.

>> No.8582370
File: 299 KB, 445x450, 1439416971948.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8582271

>not liking updos which are common in lolita fashion
>:0

>> No.8582492

>>8573645
get a good comb and boar bristle brush, and use them often. if you let the oils just sit on your head without distributing them properly you'll just end up with a greasy mess. also make sure you wean yourself off shampoo by stretching washes until you feel you can ditch the shampoo all together.

>> No.8584960
File: 540 KB, 1046x1280, i mad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I bleached my hair alone.

This is AFTER the salon tried to fix it.
>didn't get charged for the toner because it didn't do anything
>It was bright orange. Now it's gold

>> No.8585046

>>8584960
It needs another bleaching, it isnt light enough for the toner to do well, toner is when you get to the light blonde stage.

>> No.8585165

>>8585046
Will shimmer lights help tone it down a little, though?

>> No.8585376

>>8585165
Not really, your hair is just not light enough for that to work. You can try and you may get it to work around the top of your head as that appears to be a bit lighter than the rest, but it wont do the ends. Which will make it patchy.

>> No.8585497

>>8584960
That colour doesn't suit you anon, you might want to find something different. If you have trouble doing it at home, I suggest going to a salon.

>> No.8585501

>>8584960
I think you'd look better with brown hair.

>> No.8585569

>>8584960
I'd cut my losses and dye over it with a semi permanent. It's light enough to take a red, SFX hot pink, or possibly a purple or green

>> No.8585663

>>8585497
It doesn't suit anyone. That's just what bleach alone looks like.

>> No.8585666

>>8582271
The Russian ladies are stylin on you tho

>> No.8585673

>>8584960
What were you going for in the first place? It looks to me like you need to bleach it again. A violet/purple either toner or dye might negate some or the gold/yellow.

>> No.8585688

Hi Seagulls, so I've never really paid much attention to my hair, I normally focus on skincare and makeup, but I'd like to start. I'm pretty unsure where to start though. Does anyone have any tips guides, tutorials, favorite products? For the record my hair is wavy, very thick, a bit on the frizzy side, and pretty much a big mess if I don't style it. Even just a point in the right direction so I can start researching would be helpful! Thank you!

>> No.8585872

So when my hair was natural everyone kept asking if it was a wig.
Now that I've dyed it lighter, everyone just assumes it's my natural hair. WTF.

>> No.8585912

>>8585688
Start with taking good care of your hair. Does it just frizz or is there damage you need to chop off? Are you washing it too much? Would your natural waves be better served by the Curly Girl method of hair upkeep?

Also, how long is it? I like thebeautydepartment for general tips on blowdrying, heat styling and styles for most lengths (although heat protection is really important if you don't want to fry your hair) and the long hair community forums and cgh for updos, particularly braids

>> No.8585967
File: 15 KB, 236x303, 041c0c5a04d0efd35da961c856d3ec71.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How could I achieve perfect light ash blonde colour? I've never dyed my hair and It's exactly as pic related, my natural colour. What should I do?

>> No.8585980

>>8582070
Dry schampoo washes out, the white doesn't actually stick to your hair... But if you have a lot of white left after spraying you should comb/brush it out more.

>> No.8585983

>>8585967
Go to a salon. Bleaching at home damages your hair more than necessary.

>> No.8586077

>>8585497
>>8585501
Yeah no shit.

The salon said that they don't want to put chemicals in my hair for 2 and 1/2 more weeks. I feel so embarrassed that I don't want to go to work.

>> No.8586088

>>8586077
Try a blue rinse shampoo and see if it makes any difference? Not a toner, the stuff old ladies use.

>> No.8586094

please forgive me if this has already been a topic (I admit to not having read the whole thread)..
but does anybody else have trouble with extremely frizzy hair, but doesnt have actual curls?
My hair is very thick and extremely frizzy, but I dont have any curls... and usually all products for frizz are for people with curly hair, from loose curls to afro hair.. but my hair is completely straight (maybe a bit wavey) but really really frizzy.
Anybody got any tips for what to do with this kind of hair? I love having long and thick hair so Im not interested in cutting it, but the frizz is SUPER annoying

>> No.8586122

>>8586088
Anon >>8585376 says it'll probably end up patchy as hell.

I mean, I washed with it(made no difference), but the instructions say to let it sit in, which I've not done.

>> No.8586163

>>8586122
I guess then let it sit in and see, but really anon you're just going to have to deal with it.

>> No.8586182

>>8581721
Can you get japanese hair straightening instead? Everyone I know who has had the Brazilian blowout has had some level breakage and damage, while the japanese straightening has been much kinder.

>> No.8586186

>>8586122
Dye over it with a semipermanent cool light brown.

>> No.8586212 [DELETED] 

is it possible to create cute hairstyles when your hair is really thin and you have no bangs

also really long, almost at hips long

>> No.8586307

>>8586186
I'm going to have to wait a while before I can. The salon doesn't want to put more chemicals in my hair for a while.

>> No.8586407
File: 105 KB, 1024x1024, PREFERENCE_Medium_Ash_Blonde_18 Hair_Colour.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8585967
If you want to go a lot lighter you'd be best going to the hairdresser. A lot of people have had success with pic related however as it's apparently super ashy, even creating ashy tones on very warm hair, which also gives the appearance of their being lighter. Most of the complaints about this hair color have been about it looking too grey on neural to already ashy colors but you shouldn't have that problem.

>> No.8586414
File: 13 KB, 236x236, e7b5ef24bac364327b90ff63636c5617.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8584960
you also might be able to get away with>>8586407

I've had hair that color before myself and was able to tone it at home using this method:

busyblondes dot blogspot dot co dot uk/2013/11/diy-toning-brassy-hair.html

>> No.8586429
File: 46 KB, 461x641, Neutral_Blonde.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8584960
to the anons that say this doesn't suit you, i think it's more to do with the very flat, obviously bleached brassy color, not blonde per se. I actually think you'd look nice with something like pic related.

You might even be able to pull off a mid to dark strawberry blonde but use caution with this one!

>> No.8586431
File: 282 KB, 400x533, darkstrawberry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8586429

>> No.8586441

>>8586414
Don't places in the West usually use toner instead of purple shampoo? I never see it mentioned but where I live (SE Europe) toners are EVERYWHERE, yet purple shampoo is pretty much non-existent. I suppose it's because most people here have hair that's some shade of brown.

>> No.8586446

>>8586441
Purple shampoo is pretty common, and most people use both toner and purple shampoo, especially if they are going for light blond or white or grey as they require a lot of maintenance. Usually toner is a subsitute for purple shampoo as people mix the toner with their own shampoo isntead of buying the purple one that is made for that. I have no clue where it is commonly found and where it isnt, but any beauty/hair place should have it.

>> No.8586456

>>8586407
>>8585983
Thank you!

>> No.8586570
File: 19 KB, 158x318, 4c41ce084f612c85355236154b10a312.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8584960
Put in a dark blonde or light brown toner and then bleach in some highlights, preferably concentrated on the ends. I think blonde would really suit you once the brass is out and you seem to have a good hair type for bleaching. Look up baby lights and aim for that at your next appointment.

>> No.8586589
File: 290 KB, 1600x1200, b4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just wanted to share an experience because I was extremely unsure about going through with it myself:

After dyeing my naturally blonde hair brown for five years (sometimes reddish brown!), I decided I wanted to attempt to remove the colour.
Social anxiety made me not want to go to a salon. I got colour B4.
I had already bought other semipermanent dye to cover up whatever colour B4 leaves behind. No need.
My hair looks EXACTLY like before I started dyeing it five years ago. I'm in shock. No visible damage either. It's a miracle.

>> No.8586694

>>8585912
Thank you anon! For the most part it just gets a bit frizzy, though I'm due for a cut soon. I probably am washing it too much, at least according to what I've been learning. I'll look into the Curly Girl method!

Also, it's about mid-chest or slightly past that!

>> No.8586714

>>8586589
Seconding this stuff, as a miracle, I hear it does some damage to your hair but I can't imagine it's any worse than bleaching because I can't see any noticeable different to my hair's condition.

I stripped about three years of red dye out of my brown hair. It made me smell like sulfur for about a week and a half even with constant showers, though.

>> No.8586952

>>8586714
Just because you do not see the damage, doesnt mean it isnt damaged. A lot of people with fried hair keep saying they dont 'see' the damage because they are just in denial about their hair state.

Box dyes like that have bleach. Especially the blonde ones, anything that will get you from brown to blonde will have bleach in it. The only difference is that they have a blonde dye mixed in it so you arent getting just the bleached look.

>> No.8587107
File: 98 KB, 660x448, natalieportmanba.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is there a hairstyle or cut that will help emphasize or create a v-line?

How do I explain this to a western hair dresser?

>> No.8587132

>>8567420
>brushing out curls
>ever
>especially tight curls

>> No.8587230

>>8568964
just buy the wig and call it a day.

>> No.8587267

>>8587132
>what are loose rag curls
I swear it's like you bitches don't WANT to read

>> No.8587270

>>8586952
>just in denial
Or they genuinely can't see any damage and aren't anal about their hair to the degree you seem to be to see it?

>> No.8587288

>>8587107
um? it depends entirely on what face shape you have to start out with, anon...

>> No.8587321

>>8587288
Oh, this is me
>>8578314

I just want to look kawaii, guys. ;-;

>> No.8587367

>>8587321
Honestly, it's always better to work with your natural features then to try to give the illusion of something you don't have.

>> No.8587371

>>8578448
Alright so others are saying to cut off the damage/you can't fix it, and yeah, that is true to an extent, but there are ways to minimize the appearance without having to cut off a lot. Just trim off the very worst parts, and then once a week, completely saturate your hair in coconut oil and leave it on overnight, then wash it out in the morning. Coconut oil has made a HUGE difference for me - it's almost like it fuses the split ends together. Before you go chopping everything off, at least give it a try. And yeah, avoid blowdrying or at least blow dry on cool air as much as possible.

>> No.8587784

>>8586952
>Anything that will get you from brown to blonde will have bleach in it
So they blatantly lie when they don't list bleach as an ingredient?
That will be one hell of a lawsuit.

>> No.8588536

So I tried the curly girl method and all it did is make my hair flat and greasy-looking.

>> No.8588642
File: 69 KB, 670x665, $_57.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8587107
whilst I agree with this anon >>8587367 as a general rule, something like pic related will emphasize a V line, it's to do with how the hair falls forwards to frame the face and minimize a square jawline.

>> No.8588662

>>8587288
>>8587321
>>8587367

Just tip your chin down a little bit, even do a small smile. Or turn your head so that you aren't staring directly at the camera. You have a v-line, you just aren't posed for it to pop out like models do.

>> No.8588678

>>8588642
I feel like that just makes the model look even more square jawed.

>> No.8588966

>>8587270
It isnt about being anal, a lot of people think that it is only damaged when it is really really bad, and usually there are tons of other signs of damaged hair that people ignore.

If you bleach your hair you have damaged it. It may not show up right away but you will notice it isnt the same. It may tangle more, break more, have more split ends, etc. It isnt always a big obvious change of being fried.

>>8587784
They dont lie, people are just dumb. For example >>8586589
is a color remover, it like Color Oops. If you have naturally brown hair it wont work because it is stripping the dye, not your hair. You arent supposed to bleach out dye anyways so this is the way to go. However, it still will have a developer, and that is why there is 2 bottles and you mix them, and there is no product that will undo any damage you have done before. A lot of people get tripped out because they assume that if it isnt 2 steps there is no bleach, and that is not the case. To lift color you will need some form of bleaching.

>> No.8589052

>>8586077
I suffered for 4 weeks while my hair went through various stages of brassy orange to brassy blonde and finally to platinum. I never went out without wearing one of my wigs. I got a little teasing at work for the wigs but random people you encounter on the street rarely look close enough to tell or even care you're wearing a wig.

>> No.8589306

>>8568372
honestly you'll need to post pics along w/ this since no one can really help you even if you tried your hardest 2 describe your situation.... most people are very visual and what you describe as something could be taken as something completely different by someone else. but a toner should work, try a violet based one (like the T18 from wella colorcharm) since you say there's yellowness, or perhaps you could get a purple conditioner and leave that on it for an hour or so and wash it off w/ purple shampoo and see what comes of it. good luck anon.

>> No.8589370

>>8581721
ion is a really good brand but i have no idea about the keratin smoothing treatment. let us know how it goes though i'm curious!

>> No.8590113

>>8588966
>a lot of people think that it is only damaged when it is really really bad, and usually there are tons of other signs of damaged hair that people ignore.
Then that's ignorance, not denial.

>> No.8593699

>>8588536
Is your hair curly or wavy? I see people calling frizzy wavy hair 'curly' and then get confused when the methods used and made for curly hair isn't working.

Usually taking care of curly hair requires less washing, and more moiture keeping.
Usually people with curly hair don't need any shampoo unless they are clarifying. It makes their hair very dry.
Straighter hair textures however, sometimes gets greasy/limp faster, and requires to be washed more frequently and needs shampoo to clear out oils.

What texture is your hair anon?

Of course everyone's hair texture/thickness/porosity is different so what I'm saying is only the basics.

>> No.8594561

>>8578314
JUST

>> No.8595547
File: 128 KB, 500x750, 1436677639515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My hair is damaged as fuck but I'm taking care in trying to fix it up. Got some Aussie repair shampoo and conditioner and both have been working wonderfully so far. Unfortunately the damage lies beyond that, as although I don't dry my hair with a hairdryer or straighten it I have been cutting it myself for years, resulting in split ends halfway up my hair. Not a good look.

I've had gross scalp problems lately due to anxiety but I've stopped picking and it's slowly healing. The game plan once it's healed completely (mid-Octoberish, ideally) is to a) get all the damaged shit cut by a professional and b) get them to dye it a more lively color. I can't wait.

Any other gulls go through similar hair transformations?

>> No.8595560

>>8593699
Yeah, it's frizzy and wavy. Lots of smallish flyaways and short hair near the scalp, behind the ears, you know. It's really thick and coarse (think terrier dogs) and I'm trying to grow it out. My hairdresser says it looks really healthy and it can take dye really well but natural or not, the frizz stays. I don't think there's any 'methods' of taming this hair like there are with curlies and girls with straight hair. I like my waves but they usually get straightened out by combing.

>> No.8595859

I asked in a different thread, but I feel like here may be more helpful: can anyone recommend short hairstyles for someone with sharper/pointier features?

I love seeing short hair in JFashion but all of the models are pretty baby faced--small/flatter noses, chubby cheeks, etc. But I've got a pointy straight long nose, kind of strong cheekbones, and an oval face.

I'm worried I'm going to get a short haircut and look witchy and mean.

If anyone's got experience there, I'd really appreciate it.

>> No.8595862
File: 1.36 MB, 3058x3887, jean-seberg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8595859
Get a pixie cut. I'm jealous that you have such strong features because I'm Asian and have a flat, fat potato face.

>> No.8595863

>>8595547
How can I get that hair color in anon's pic?

>> No.8595954

>>8595859
>>8595862
do NOT get a pixie cut. thats the worst advice. what you want is a cut to soften your features a bit, medium/long loose waves and layers around the face are the best looking on a sharp face. source: i have a sharp face too and short hair looked awful

>> No.8595986

>>8595862
>>8595954
Well, goddamn it

>> No.8596013

>>8595863
Ask for an ashy blonde color from your hairdresser.

>> No.8596145

>>8596013
It doesn't look like ash blonde though but like a greyish purple?

>> No.8596222

>>8595954
Whenever someone says "I have X feature/s. What haircut can I get to suit it?" everybody rushes in to gove advice on how to hide or 'balance out' said features.

Not everybody wants to hide their face.

>> No.8596682

>>8596013
>>8596145
my best guess is it looks more like a light brown that got toned with purple to remove any yellow? or something like that. it might just be best to save it to your phone, check that the color still looks how you want your hair to be, and see if a stylist could help. sorry if that's not helpful enough (maybe this reply will bump the thread and get someone else to help you though).

could someone else with more hair care knowledge weigh in?

>> No.8596693

>>8596222
Except she literally said
>I'm worried I'm going to get a short haircut and look witchy and mean.
Implying that she DOES want to balance them out so as to avoid looking witchy and mean

>> No.8597764
File: 63 KB, 640x480, Snapshot_20150906_6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hello, I was just wondering what would be a good girls' hairstyle for me. I was looking into a "long" pixie or a pixie bob, but need something at the moment while I grow my hair out to reach it. If those styles won't look good at me let me know and please give me suggestions for what is best. Thank you.

>> No.8598046

Hey gulls. I'm jealous to the max of all of you who have thick hair. I have hip length medium fine straight hair that starts to wave around the midpoint and has gently curly ends. No layers, just sideswept bangs. It's very healthy, has never been dyed (with the exception of a two inch section I had streaked a semipermanent pink), and I very rarely use heat tools, excepting my bangs which I flat iron every day before work/school (after applying a heat protectant). My hair has never held curls, even when it was shoulder length, and my two go to styles are a single braid or a ballet bun (without the donut). Ponytails give me a massive headache. I've tried learning how to french braid on myself, or Dutch, and it comes out looking sad because my hair isn't thick. Any others here have a similar hair type and can share some tips or anyone have any advice? I'm not interested in cutting it at present. My long hair is the only thing I really like about myself, physical feature wise.

>> No.8599527
File: 76 KB, 426x640, Photo on 3-27-15 at 5.21 AM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have this awful face... no kinda hairstyle suits me and so I went to a random place and cut it all crazy. I'm growing it out, but it looks like total shit. I'm also coming out of a phase, so it's fucking purple. What should I do? The ends are all damaged and because I have bangs they get oily and I gotta wash my hair everyday.

Pic related-- right after haircut

>> No.8599529
File: 71 KB, 426x640, Photo on 8-26-15 at 11.36 AM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8599527

aaand me now. :c

>> No.8599546

I have kinky tight curls that is very big and volumeness and had a lot of stupid shit done so here's a story.

Some years ago when I was 12 or 13, I went to get my hair trimmed, my hair was up pass my waist and it was heavy and thick. I didn't take care of it much then cause I was still young but did get it trimmed often however on this day the lady fucked up and cut my hair into a bob. I have a well rounded face with huge cheeks so it was a no-no. Later to correct the uneveness, I got it thinned out and now my hair is uneven from the back. 6 years later which is now, my hair is barely shoulder length and is still trying to get its fluff back. What can I do to make my hair grow faster? I hate how short my hair is and it makes me feel awful so any tips on how to grow it faster will be helpful.

>> No.8599633

>>8599527
You have a perfectly lovely face but that hair looks fucking disgusting, Jesus tapdancing Christ what is wrong with you.
You could go either way and get it cut short for an androgynous look, grow it into a Vidal Sassoon-style lob, or grow it long with lots of volume. However, with that hair I'd suggest a short cut and dyeing it back to a more natural colour, whichever suits your skintone best.

You look really pretty but please get rid of that sad poodle on your head.

>> No.8599740

>>8599633

thank you babe

>> No.8599756

>>8599527
God damn that is some horrible hair. Please cut it all off. It looks ratty, you look like a mall goth slut. Just put it away or adopt a wig.

>> No.8599762

>>8599756

o-okay...

>> No.8599883

>>8599529
The way your hair is, I think it is better to cut it all short to an even length and go from there. Focus on creating volume and it looks better with bigger chunks of hair isntead of being so wispy. I dont think you have an awful face, you just need to go to someone who will get you a cut that suits you from someone with better skills.

>>8599546
Truthfully there is no real way to make your hair grow faster. Hair growth is determined by genetics and there is a chance that going through puberty change shit inside of you so that you dont create the same type of hair. Take care of your body, dont do shit to your hair that will damage it and over time it just will grow.

>> No.8600195

>>8599546
Visit the long hair community for tips, make sure you have enough protein and consider trying biotin, miconazole etc

>> No.8600383

>>8594561
Just what?

>> No.8600993

Okay, kind of a dumb question here, but when people say that they only wash their hair x times a week/month, are they referring to shampoo or getting it wet?

>> No.8601015

>>8600993
depends on the person...

I don't get my hair wet unless I'm shampooing it.
Some people will wash with just water.

>> No.8601089 [DELETED] 

>>10355207

/fa/ is making fun of you guys fyi

>> No.8601093 [DELETED] 

>>8601089
what's new?

>> No.8601096 [DELETED] 

>>>/fa/10355207

/fa/ is making fun of you guys, beware

>> No.8601101 [DELETED] 

>>8601096
don't give a shit about /fa/

>> No.8601105
File: 75 KB, 1025x512, e99adab2f0fea02b6dc3d9e4e9ce613c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8597764
doublelift is that u

>> No.8601108 [DELETED] 

>>8601096
>read through thread
>nothing bad here
>"they are legitimately gross neurotic whales"
W-well.../fa/ smells like cigarettes and will drop $200 on a pair of blue sneakers they already have in pink.

Got 'em.

>> No.8601112 [DELETED] 
File: 77 KB, 410x809, queen of cgl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8601101
you probably should since they are more knowledgeable about hair/skincare and clothing than any of you are

>> No.8601114 [DELETED] 

>>8601112
they should come here and prove it, then.

>> No.8601135 [DELETED] 

>>8601112
Lol. Voldie is as much our queen as Pixyteri is/was. They're both fatty lolcows.

>> No.8601541
File: 53 KB, 390x551, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anons, I've had grey hair since I was a kid, and have been covering it up with henna 'till now. Should I just say fuck it and leave it like this?

>> No.8601550

>>8600993
Typically they mean shampoo as they are talking about how often they need to use products to wash their hair.

>>8601541
I would rock it personally, and try out things like those white dyes for old ladies.

>> No.8601555

>>8601541
Not gonna lie, I would rock it too. Looks silvery in the pic and not that bad.

>> No.8601580

>>8601541
That's fucking cool, grey hair on young faces is on trend right now anyway. As long as you're not old and wrinkly people would just think it's some dye and you look magical. Hell even if you were old and wrinkly I'd rock it, white and grey hair is cool.

>> No.8601582

>>8601541
Also I think I might be going that way too, been having occasional greys since I was a kid and dad went grey in his 20s. I think it looks really good on him though and my natural hair is a very ashy silvery dark blonde so I'm not too worried.

>> No.8601588

>>8601582
>>8601555
>>8601550
>>8601580
Thanks anons, I'm going to let it grow out completely. 23 btw and no wrinkles...yet. Also I have had a few people comment on it and they thought it was dyed

>> No.8601666 [DELETED] 
File: 635 KB, 1024x768, 1412508487366.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8569396
Lose weight

>>8572967
Very pretty, pls be my gf

>>8573528
Can't tell, seems at least average

>>8578314
You look decent w/o makeup. You're probably a 7-8/10 with it on

>>8584960
>worrying about your hair when you weigh 200+ lbs

>>8597764
Wtf nigga go see a therapist

>>8599527
>>8599529
Shit hair, nice face and teds. Cut it all off, take care of it (and your body. Don't get fat), and hmu in two years bb.

>>8601541
It looks better than your natural hair color tbqh

>> No.8601784

>>8601666
wow you're just hilarious please come back and say more wacky things

>> No.8601797

>>8573682
yo, my mom loves that stuff. My hair dresser also uses it when I go, I'd second that reccomendation too.

>> No.8601808

>>8577311
What's wrong with Locks of Love? Sorry, just curious, I've never used them or anything.

>> No.8601809

>>8577362
Just do some cute ponytails or get some cute clips and stuff.

>> No.8601810
File: 1000 KB, 431x405, tumblr_mvxvt8vVRy1qzvtljo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey anons! I've happened to get super lucky and got an opportunity to dye my hair any color for free at a girls school because she's training to become a hairdresser.
I've been thinking of what color to get and I thought I'd ask you gulls for any particular colors that would be super hard to do at home or really expensive at a hair salon. I've been thinking about trying gray since I've been kinda into it a while, but at the same time I wanna do something a bit more advanced.
I have really short hair, like not even to the shoulders, so there's not a lot to work with
If everything goes to shit I'm just gonna dye it all black because I've been thinking about doing that anyways, so I'm not really scared to try odd things

tl:dr:
Suggestions of advanced, difficult or "expensive" fun hair colors pls!!

>> No.8601815

>>8582314
This. My hair was super straight when I was a kid but once I hit puberty it got kind of wavy. I just play that up now with some sea salt spray.

>> No.8601819

>>8586431
oh man I really like this color. I'm saving this for reference, thank you based anon.

>> No.8601820

>>8601541
Holy shit that grey is your natural color? That's awesome, just rock it. Like the other anons said, grey is in. Just make your hair all nice and smooth and everyone will just be jealous of how natural it looks.

>> No.8601846
File: 392 KB, 538x654, 4445345.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry for wet former-bangs hair I couldn't fit into a bun. What my face shape is? I really want to have straight bangs again, but I've had them about 3 years ago and when I was a lot bigger than now + it will probably make my eyes even smaller and face even longer. The problem is that I want to fit dolly/korean ullzang/cute aesthetic, but my manface limits me in it and I don't know how to approach hairstyle to change it.

>> No.8601856

>>8601666
cuck off

>> No.8601865

Any advice for an anon with thick, medium/coarse, 1b/1c wavy hair?

I'm looking for ways to improve it, right now it looks healthy but frizzes a lot. My natural colour looks fake on me so I dye it but even when it's virgin hair the frizz is there.

>> No.8601932
File: 54 KB, 500x563, mmmmmmmm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8601784
Ok

>>8601846
You look like a doll lol

>>8601856
Ok

>> No.8601957

>>8601846
Your face looks oval/diamond

>> No.8602020

>>8601810
I've been told that one of the hardest hair colors to get is pastel blue. You have to go completely white because just a hint of yellow will turn that delicate blue into green. Otherwise, gray/silver could be fun - it's what I'm going to do after I've tired of the white blonde I have now.

>> No.8603665
File: 57 KB, 450x476, Best-Color-for-Short-Hair_19.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8581027
Yes, i mean this oil doesn't make my hair greasy anymore. It's amazing really.

I want to ask a question. Which product i have to use to make ombre blue/purple hair?Many say Manic Panic is horrible and fades quickly, Special Effects seems better. Or there are other semi permanent dyes?
What i can do to make the color last longer?
Pic related, i want ombre hair like this but in a darker blue and purple shade, i love cold shades rather than warm colors in my skin.
>mfw i look horrible with warm blonde colors

>> No.8603685

>>8601846

korean ulzzang... shut the fuck up, whitey.

>> No.8603689

>>8597764

pixie bob would be cute but i don't think bangs are for you. try a side part?

>> No.8603702

>>8603685
> aesthetics
Reading is not that hard, m8.

>> No.8603703

>>8603665
Goldwell elumen on nicely bleached hair + sealing shampoo and conditioner.

>> No.8603716

>>8603685
>whitey
You mean the people ulzzangs try so hard to copy? :^)

>> No.8603726
File: 196 KB, 370x455, volosy---0001---anthocyanin-second-edition-acid-color-01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8603665
Try anthocyanin dye (can be bought on Gmarket), it's really popular in my country so most reviews will be on russian if you'll google it up, but there are colour example palettes with dye numbers which don't need translation. If you want more examples you can open instagram hashtag, there are plenty of them too. The only con is that it's pretty hard to apply because you have to heat it up for about 20-30 minutes (when it's applied on your hair).

>> No.8603748

>>8603702
>>8603716

Aw. Found some more.

>> No.8603749

>>8603716

worst comeback. honestly, this is such a white person thing to say.

>> No.8603849

>>8578314
Circle lenses?

>> No.8603859

>>8603749
>reeeeeee kill whitey
go be a bitch somewhere else

>> No.8604334

>>8603665
Special Effects dye + washing hair with cold water has always been my jam. I also had a separate conditioner bottle where I put some dye in it so that I'd have the hair colour last longer.

>> No.8604380

>>8603665
If the colour's only going to be at the bottom of your hair, you can just wash your roots and then use a colour protection conditioner on your ends. Also, cold water all the way.

>> No.8604383

>>8603859
It's hilarious that that's what you fat sensitive idiots jump to. Keep it on topic.

>> No.8604424

>>8600195
Im not that anon but, with Biotin should I take 5000mcg per day? or how much? I'm so confused.
I read that some people take 2 pills of 5000mcg a day and other less...

>> No.8604449

>>8604424
Depends on how your hair responds and how your skin is. I hear it plays havoc with acne at higher doses, so I would start with 5000mcg once a day and see what happened for a month

>> No.8604451
File: 2.20 MB, 1440x2560, Screenshot_2015-09-09-19-37-29.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alright gulls, need some help here.

I want to dye my hair as close to this picture as possible. Looks like a medium ash brown to me.

I'm in the USA, so I'm looking for at home hair dye that I can get here.

Any ideas?

>> No.8604472

Shave it off yo

>> No.8604490
File: 16 KB, 236x354, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8603689
Thanks for the reply. Something like this?

>> No.8605009
File: 63 KB, 960x639, oh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8599529

Hi, this ugly hair chick again...
Besides shaving my head and getting a wig (which everyone I know will instantly notice and give me insane shit for, including snatching it off my head, etc) is there another approach I can take? Maybe cutting the tails on either side of my hair and dying it back to a natural color... What sort of bangs should I get? I suck at growing bangs out, but I suppose I can do that, too..
What hair style should I strive for?
pic related; is me with longer hair??

>> No.8605193

>>8604383
> Anon with no photo
> Fat
Look, fatphobic gypsy fightin cultural appropriation.

>> No.8605280

>>8603665
There are tons of other dyes out there. I personally found that Mp purple is a good color but faded in like a few weeks. Special effects is good but I found their purple more red based than I had liked, and my hair faded pink. Right now I use Directions and the color I tend to have is plum, which fades to a nice dark blue. The only issue I had with directions is that sometimes the dye likes to be blue more than purple but that is less of an issue at the ends of your hair.

>>8605009
I like those bangs on you more than the side swept kind, and longer hair suits you too. Dying it to its natural color is your choice but I do think that the 'tails' should be but.

>> No.8605307

If I was platinum blonde before puberty, does that mean light blonde would now also suit me the best?

I'm vampire pale and I'm trying to find the look that's best for me. I do have a very serious job which might be a problem when it comes to going back to lighter blonde.

>> No.8605320

>>8605307
I was also white-blonde before puberty and my natural shade right now is a dark ashy/ silvery blonde-light brown. I dye my hair a pale ashy blonde and everyone thinks it's natural! But my eyebrows are actually lighter than my natural hair colour. It's a bit golden but not yellow-sh/ orangey. I'd dye it platinum as it would likely suit me as well but it's too much upkeep. Just keep it in the undertone family, if that makes sense. It's more about your undertone than the actual lightness if you're pale.

>> No.8605392

>>8568964
I actually got this done recently! You need to start with pretty straight hair, but just go to a reputable salon and get a perm "with drag". That just means they don't roll the rollers all the way up. Have them use the largest rollers they have. Cut you bangs how you want. I love it cuz it's cute and polished but it's a wash-and-go style. I am lazy and I would never want to try and style it every day.

>> No.8605497

I keep trying to do pincurls (via wet setting, but several times I have tried an iron), but they always never tail or fall out within an hour or two.

My hair falls just to my armpit. Is this too long to hold curls? Can it get permed if my hair is damaged?

>> No.8605689

>>8605307
Same problem. Hair used to be auburn/medium brown but turned ashy, mousy black as I grew older. New colour doesn't suit me at all.

>> No.8606261
File: 3.04 MB, 865x1791, haircolor.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is my natural hair color and I want to dip dye my ends either a pink or pastel blue, should I bleach my ends or is my hair color light enough?

>> No.8606269

>>8605497
My hair is to my butt and i can do curls. It isn't a length thing, but it can be your hair type. My hair naturally is curly so it's easier to curl but if your hair is not it may just be hard to curl. Try products to see if you can set it better, and other curling methods to find the best.

>> No.8606326

>>8606261
It will just have a brown undertone. I mean, anyone can dye their hair pastel color without bleach, but it may not show up.

It's just like trying blend markers. If you color blue over a light brown you will see some blue but it won't be the same as coloring over white.

>> No.8606392
File: 68 KB, 706x942, hair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

is it possible for me to just buy a hair colour that's close to that of my natural roots and dye the rest of this mess? or would i have to re-bleach first? :(

>> No.8606418

>>8606392
nah you can find something close then just let it grow out and then people will think you have some kind of cool ombre or tip color. alternatively you can cut off your hair where your natural color ends (i've done that lmao)

>> No.8606428

>>8606418
yeah, i've had a pixie most of my life and finally committed to growing it out so the idea of cutting it that short isn't too tempting. i regret dying it

>> No.8606466

>>8568586
>>8568067

I want to try this too. I have brown eyes though and it would probably look better on someone with blue or green eyes.

>> No.8607131

>>8606269
One girl at the beauty school mentioned that my hair was too long for pin curls when I casually mentioned it. Does this means she's full of shit?

>> No.8607167

>>8606392
Yes, just dye over over it, no bleaching needed if you are going for a darker colour. Be vary that most dyes turn out a bit darker than on the package though so get a a shade lighter than your roots.

>> No.8607195

>>8605497
My hair is naturally wavy/ curly when it's shorter and to my hips and I can do rag curls successfully, they hold for days. You can wrap them wider for a looser curl but I guess that's not really the look you're going for, is it?
Armpit length should be easy though. I like having my hair almost dry before I do overnight curls otherwise it will never dry fully and the curls will come out instantly. Also using mousse helps but I guess you've already tried that.
Armpit length isn't long at all, she must be full of shit. Maybe too long for finger waves or something.

>> No.8607772

>>8607167
i'm not 100% sure if it's darker though, my hair is a light blonde in the light. we'll see!

>> No.8607974

I don't dye my hair often, but I recently heard about the method of leaving coconut oil in your hair while you bleach it. Has anyone here had any experience or success with it?

>> No.8608101
File: 26 KB, 450x407, Cute-Short-Asian-Hairstyles_5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8605009
A bob like pic related (with your current bangs) would look cute af and easy to grow out too.

>> No.8608513

>>8608101

I love this and would be totally down to cut it like this once it gets long enough to do so... Right now it's too short in some places..
I also am not sure how to make my hair DO what the woman's hair is doing in the picture... My hair is straight and fine. Never a lot of volume at all, really. some kind of rollers or something? I don't want to use heat, my hair gets damaged easy & fast

>>8605280
removing the tails as soon as all the other hair comes to about my chin.. only have a couple inches... I miss having my old hair color... instead of dying it back I think I might just grow it out, as painful as that sounds...

>> No.8608625

>>8587267
whoa chill

>> No.8608627

idk if I should post this here or in a skincare thread, but it has to do with my scalp so here goes I guess. Just a warning, it's kinda gross.

>Wear wig for 12+ hrs at con last weekend
>Standard wig headache, but it goes away after a while
>Take off wig at end of day, scalp hurts like a motherfucker in the spot where I'd been getting the wig headache
>Figure it's residual wig headache and sleep on it, costume for the next day is a comfy staffing outfit with no wig, scalp still kinda hurts all day even though all I wore was a hat?
>Next day is another 12+ hrs of wig, complete with elastic headband over the top, right over the wig headache spot
>Take wig off at the end of the day, there's something gross inside the cap of the wig right over the wig headache spot???
>It's pus
>All my hair follicles in the wig headache spot had turned into zits?
>And they decided to take that exact moment to start leaking pus and blood all over my scalp and hair?

What the fuck did I do to myself, gulls, so I can never fucking do it again. Was it the elastic headband on top of the wig creating too much pressure? I've done four straight days of nothing but wig before and that's never been the result. I know I went full retard somewhere over the course of the weekend, I'm just not sure when and I'd like to avoid a repeat performance.

>> No.8608654

>>8607131
Pin curls or rag curls? If you have lots of hair it may be hard to find pins long enough to pincurl it, rag curls there isn't really a length limit on.

>>8608513
Large rollers probably

>> No.8608801

What's a good dry shampoo?

>> No.8609056
File: 82 KB, 500x537, kristen-mcmenamy_grayhair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8601541
You should def grow it out, just get some leave-in oil or moisturizer to make it shinier

>> No.8609067

>>8608627
Wow that's fucking gross, I'm sorry anon.
In another thread someone was talking about ways to avoid getting bald spots from wigs and something about felt sewn into the lining was suggested, you could check the archives for it?
Did you shower each night?

>> No.8609068

>>8606392
You can always ask a hairdresser to give you a "glide" dye, I did this when I got too lazy to bleach my roots. This will give you a very soft ombre and the most important part is that the dye is exactly the same shade as your natural color. When the hair is being washed the color will glide through your hair and slightly tints the hair near roots. And if the color cuts harshly you can always ask for subtle highlights to even it out.

>> No.8609071

>>8599527
>>8599529
>>8605009
I just wanted to say that I don't think your hair is as ugly as the other anons do, I would probably fancy you if I saw you irl and ask if you wanted to go to a gig with me or get pancakes or something.
The colour, bangs and different layers must make it high maintenance and also it's generally impossible getting a job etc with something like that, so I support that you want to become a pretty member of society.
tl;dr don't be as hard on yourself as the other anons, but get a cute chunky bob and be happy.

>> No.8609093

>>8609071

That's very nice to hear. I am gonna try to grow my hair out and get my natural hair color back.. It's gonna be a tough couple months, but it's really nice to get a kind response from an anon like you. Thanks~!

>> No.8609200

>>8609067

Yeah, gotta wash that con funk off every day. The scalp massaging from doing my hair between wig wears didn't cut down on the residual headache though, which I thought was odd at the time but idk.

Putting felt in my wigs sounds like a recipe for an even tighter fit, unfortunately. I have a massive amount of thick hair and I can barely get it under the cap in its current state, let alone with a felt pad shoved in there too.

>> No.8609332

>>8609071
She's fishing. You just ignore that part and give her advice.

>> No.8609510

>>8609068
that's an interesting idea, never heard of a glide dye before

>> No.8610018

>>8607974
I'm actually giving this a try right now!
I do have a question, though- most of the guides I've read say to leave the coconut oil in overnight, but as things stand right now I only really have time to leave it in for about three hours or so. Is that alright? Will it hinder the bleaching process if I don't give it long enough to absorb or something?

>> No.8612418
File: 245 KB, 500x375, tumblr_m26cbjITkE1qd3w72o1_500_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone has tutorials of how to make curls like these? I just got my first curler (I used to dislike curls so I just stick with a straightener) but I don't know how to use it well, all my curls turn out wonky and weird.