[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 82 KB, 1136x640, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8553314 No.8553314 [Reply] [Original]

New rant/vent thread since old one was archived.

It baffles my mind whenever lolitas (and people in general) think that they "can eradicate bullying forever ~~~!! uwu" by posting a video about it, then act so surprised when there's so much negative backlash against the video. Like bitch, you honestly DIDN'T expect this to happen at all?!

>> No.8553333

>>8553314
I always laugh when I see them

It's not going to change anything, bullying will happen everywhere. Trying to change it with a video is like a teacher saying 'I don't tolerate bullying in this classroom', it still happens.

>> No.8553407
File: 45 KB, 638x324, snapshot20090507200220.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8553333
Nice quads

>> No.8553867

I want to vent that I'm tired of broke ass low ballers on LM. I'm getting messages about lowering the price for items that are $25 or lower. How can you not afford that? Jfc

>> No.8554096

>>8553314
Also, it could be the ones that says " eradicate bulling 4ever" are the ones that have bullied or cause shit, but they want to cover their frilly asses.

>> No.8554102

I'm tired of the community licking up to scummy Lolitas just because they sell shit or have a lot of dresses.

>> No.8554110

I'm so done with the people accusing anyone selling a rare dress for above retail of scalping, regardless of how much the dress usually goes for secondhand. Like, how fucking entitled do you have to be to think someone should charge you retail or less on a piece they see consistently selling for $500+ in auctions or other listings?

>> No.8554221

A fat friend of mine (like 300lbs) wants to get into ouji and I don't think he realizes that he'll look like shit and nothing brand will fit him.

>> No.8554254
File: 24 KB, 480x200, 40_Years_Later_Charlie_Hiring_Still_Willy_Wonka_Greatest_Failure_1309407764.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8554221
Augustus Gloop ouji?

>> No.8554259

>>8554221
He should go for Taft-kei.

>> No.8554260

>>8553314
>getting shirty about anti-bullying messages

Mad beta bully detected.

>> No.8554378

>>8554110
I agree. What if I bought it at an inflated price and I'm just trying to make it fair on me?

>> No.8554389

>>8553407
Can someone just explain this meme to me? Google isn't helping, I swear I wasn't even offline that long.

>> No.8554392

>>8554389
They had 4 of the same number in their post number.
>3333
Those are quads.

Just like 2 of the same number is dubs.

>> No.8554400

>>8554392
Forgot to mention that the numbers have to be next to each other.

>> No.8554407

Getting details on military-based cosplays wrong.

They're uniforms. There's RULES for how they're worn.

>> No.8554422

Not really cgl related, but I have to get it out somewhere. When I was 11 or so, I was clinically depressed and suicidal, and part of what helped me get out of it was watching CardCaptor Sakura. It gave me something I really cared about.

Now one of my friends has started watching the dub. She insists that the dub is better, refers to all the characters as their dub names, calls me stupid for liking the original more. She won't even try watching the sub. This is after I told her how much it meant to me. She wants to cosplay "Madison". It's such a petty thing to be upset over but it hurts a lot to see the thing that essentially saved your life belittled so often.

>> No.8554430

>>8554422

Wow thats really shitty anon, I'm sorry to hear your friend is being so ridiculous.

Is this someone you really care for as a friend? Because tbh you might want to consider dumping her ass. She doesn't sound like a very good "friend."

>also fuck yeah CCS is the bomb

>> No.8554434

I'm sick of Europeans price gouging their shit. I dont give two fucks how much you had to pay on customs fees or how much the euro is worth, you price your items sometimes double what the item is worth. I'll never buy from a European seller ever for that reason.

>> No.8554440

>>8554434

Agreed. I guess everything that ships to EU stays in EU

>> No.8554442

>>8554110
>if you have an opinion about how much I sell my dress for then you're ENTITLED
Fuck off, maybe some people like seeing reasonable prices and don't care for people who try to sell their sweatstained, no tags, damaged burando for above retail. I'm not typically interested in popular prints so I can call a greedchan when I see one.

>> No.8554447
File: 66 KB, 400x401, 1406457823915.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8554434
>>8554440
It's not like we enjoy paying that much either for shipping etc.

>> No.8554448
File: 193 KB, 1500x1000, fit tan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dear /cgl/,

I want you to dress me up and drool into my mouth.

Love,
/fit/

>> No.8554453

>>8554447
Then don't price gouge when you resell it. It'd be great to get every penny back, but you're the one that chose to import it. Don't hock off your customs fees on others, that's shady.

>> No.8554487
File: 31 KB, 810x483, 1410046866025.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8554448
>implying /cgl/-tan isn't after /fa/

>> No.8554529

>>8554448
>drool into my mouth.
Pretty thirsty, huh?

>> No.8554531

>>8554422
You sound like a pretentious weeaboo. Get over yourself.

>> No.8554532

>>8554529
yes ;_; very thirsty.

>> No.8554566

>>8554430
>Wow thats really shitty anon, I'm sorry to hear your friend is being so ridiculous.
I can't tell if you're being serious. It's not reasonable to expect your friends to all like the same version of a specific anime.

>> No.8554606

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRfiCn7rlhY
link related. this bitch is on fire

>> No.8554658
File: 325 KB, 477x351, 1404416070067.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8554434
No one forces you to buy from EU. I could say the same for $ countries. Everyone prices their shit like they think it will sell, if not they can lower it.

I'm sick of the complains and especially about the "not selling outside of US". If I pay for the god damn shipping there is no reason not selling to me.

To all the "scalper" haters: There is always supply and demand, right?
I don't get the whining about the prices every time.

>> No.8554671

>>8554606
toppest kek

>> No.8554717

>>8554671
>>8554606
That's a parody of this idiots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cpzm9X60SY

>> No.8554762

>>8554717
She has the mannerisms of an 11 year old girl.

>> No.8554770

>>8554434
>>8554453
I wish people would stop whining about things not being sold to them at the price they demand.

>> No.8554772

>>8554407
Depending on the uniform, getting it exactly right can be a crime.

>> No.8554785

>>8554770
Sorry Europe-chan, when you're able to price your items accordingly and not tack on $100+ to cover the money you lost on import fees, then come back and talk. It's almost everyone in your continent that does it, especially on LSE.

>> No.8554793

>>8554785
>accordingly
According to what? The Japanese price tag?
>It's almost everyone in your continent that does it
What a magical coincidence, it's almost as if Europeans price items according to European standards dictated by European import taxes.

>> No.8555120 [DELETED] 
File: 9 KB, 200x200, 1438967200955.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8554606
A true hero this one.
>>8554717
Gold. Pure absolute gold.

>> No.8555199

>>8554434
I'm fucking cackling because Americans are usually the ones who jack up prices, used to try dodging PP fees most, and then refuse to ship outside of the US even though it's the SELLER who pays postage.

Get the sand out.

>> No.8555329

>>8554434
Sorry that we don't want to pay most of what your goddamn item will cost to send?? Either pay the fair amount of shipping or leave the item, it's as simple as that.

>> No.8555415

>>8554442
You really need to work on your reading comprehension. They make it clear that they're specifically talking about the people who bawww scalper at shit being sold for what it's worth, which is a world of difference from what you're talking about. You're being overly defensive and projecting like crazy over a totally legitimate complaint.

>> No.8555424

>>8554453
>>8554785
If people are willing to pay it, explain to me why they shouldn't charge it? Also, it's not shady. No one owes you a dress at what you want to pay for it. This is a mentality a lot of people really need to get over.

I don't buy from the EU unless it's shit that I can never find for sale because of the extra they charge to cover customs, but if people are willing to pay up, there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't price it how they want.

Also, did it occur to you that some of the people buying from them are also from the EU and would be paying that much after customs if they bought it out of the country anyway, so they don't care?

>> No.8555443

>>8555415
>bawww scalper at shit being sold for what it's worth
HIGHLY DUBIOUS.
A dress whose materials and actual retail sale that was worth $350 is hardly worth a resale value of $500+ just because there's a few desperate bitches who think they won't get it otherwise unless they pay it.
Demand=/=actual worth

It's like people who paid $28k for the "virgin mary" toast; some asshole capitalized on peoples' irrational emotional responses and an impulsive need to have an item that they felt represented something meaningful.
Not because of piece of burnt bread is actually worth $28k.

With that logic said, "entitlement" is believing that a certain person owes you special treatment or a privilege over others. Me calling a person a "scalper" because I think the price they're asking for a dress is ridiculous isn't me demanding that the person sell me their dress for a $1, nor indicating that I want that person's item at all. Use "entitlement" properly.

>> No.8555446

>>8554793
>What a magical coincidence, it's almost as if Europeans price items according to European standards dictated by European import taxes.

Many Americans don't understand that the entire world doesn't revolve around their country, and they genuinely think everyone should bend over backwards to cater to them. It doesn't matter to them that there's no shortage of people who will buy regardless of the customs fees, you should still be pricing things lower just because they want you to.

>> No.8555478

>>8555443
>Use "entitlement" properly.
Did you even read my post? Never once do I even use that word. That being said, it is undeniably entitled to be well aware that a dress consistently sells for well over its original price, then get mad and bitch about it when a seller won't sell it for retail just because that's what you consider "reasonable". It's not entitled to not want to pay up, but to complain about it and act like they're in the wrong is, and if you try to say otherwise, it's just because you don't want to admit you have entitlement issues. Also, if you're going to bitch about using words incorrectly, you might want to brush up on the meaning of scalper, because you clearly don't know what it means. Someone selling an item for above retail doesn't automatically make them a scalper, you don't even know what they paid for it. Scalping is specifically buying something for the purpose of selling it for more later.

>HIGHLY DUBIOUS.
... how is it in any way dubious? Okay, let me break it down for you.

>dress retails at $300 and sells out
>auction after auction lands it as $700 and that's considered it's going rate
>someone lists it for $700 in perfect condition
>another person, either unaware of the dress's going rate or simply butthurt, complains about what a filthy scalper they are

I'm sorry, but if you don't think that's a valid thing to complain about, you're a fucking moron and need to get over yourself. Also, as far as your logic about how much an item is "worth", it's worth what people are willing to pay for it. If people are willing to pay 28K for toast, then that toast is 28K. Even if hypothetically you're right and that's not the way value works, so what? If countless people are willing to drop $1,500+ for a dress like Puppet Circus, then why should people be faulted for selling it for that much? No one NEEDS these dresses. The way you're talking about this, you would think the item in question was food or life saving drugs.

>> No.8555491 [DELETED] 

>>8555443
>It's like people who paid $28k for the "virgin mary" toast; some asshole capitalized on peoples' irrational emotional responses and an impulsive need to have an item that they felt represented something meaningful.
>some asshole
I'm sorry, but if some idiot Christfag wants to spend 28K on toast, you can't blame the seller for cashing in. It's not like these people were forced to buy it.

>> No.8555502

>>8555478
THIS. YES. If you don't want to pay those prices, then don't.

>> No.8555503

>>8555478
>Did you even read my post? Never once do I even use that word.
Oh okay, so you're some random anon jumping in who's defending the original post I was responding to that DID use that word. Why not say "I'm a different anon defending another poster's honor" ?
>it is undeniably entitled to be well aware that a dress consistently sells for well over its original price, then get mad and bitch about it when a seller won't sell it for retail just because that's what you consider "reasonable"
Talk about bad reading comprehension!
Having an opinion about a dress price you don't like and think is shitty is NOT "entitled" behavior. You thinking that everyone has to shut up about prices because it hurts your feelings IS entitled though. You're not special and neither are your overpriced dresses, and yes, I will criticize so you better learn to suck it up buttercup or don't sell if anonymous opinions get your feefees that badly.

>> No.8555506
File: 31 KB, 419x261, I'll do both.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8555502
>don't pay those prices
>don't like the people who sell by those prices

>> No.8555507

>>8555478
THIS. YES. I'm tired of people complaining too. I've shelled out a lot of money before on a dress because let's face it, it's supply and demand. More than the retail but it was a rare dress and I really wanted it. Sure, I would rather pay flat retail or less, but I am aware that that's how much it was going for. Take it or leave it. Simple as that.

>> No.8555512

>>8555507
>>8555502
>THIS. YES.
Not the same anon but you should at least try making your samefagging more subtle.

Why do you assume that people who don't like seeing dresses charged above retail have never "shelled out" for a dress before?
I paid $750 for a dress and headbow set from AP secondhand when both barely retailed for $300 in my currency. I know that if I relisted the dress for the price I bought not many people would buy it and would probably complain, but it's the risk I took when I said I wanted the dress. And tbh, I don't really wish to resell for quite some time.

If someone called me a scalper I wouldn't give a shit. People are entitled to their opinions about things. If nobody buys, I just lower the price little by little or take offers. It's very simple.

>> No.8555568

>>8555506
Because not liking the seller for not charging less than they can get is a sign you're bitter and can't handle not getting what you want.

>> No.8555570

>>8555512
>People are entitled to their opinions about things.
Except that calling someone a scalper when they're not isn't a matter of opinion. It's just being an ignorant brat.

>> No.8555571

>>8555568
>someone doesn't like me because I did a thing
And...? Why do we have to be friends? Maybe the reason why you're so insecure about overcharging is because you know deep down the dress isn't worth it and it makes you angry when people know better, or at least when other sellers don't take it personally if other people feel that way about their price. You're such a snowflake.

>> No.8555579

>>8555570
There are specifically people who buy from releases and resell for higher prices secondhand immediately because they knew it would be popular. So yes, there is such thing as a scalper in this fashion as in other fashions.

Secondly, while I wouldn't call someone else a "scalper" if they just tried to get the amount back on what they paid, say $500 for a semi-popular dress, maybe they should take the hint when people aren't biting or not be so butthurt when people think it's a high price. If it sells for a higher price, then it is overcharge and people are allowed to say it is. That's not ignorance, that's just observation.

>> No.8555588

>>8555503
> Why not say "I'm a different anon defending another poster's honor"
First of all, I'm not defending anyone's honor. I happen to agree with their opinion and am defending my position, not them. second, I referred to them in third person, so I figured I didn't need to specify I was a different anon.
>Talk about bad reading comprehension!
Your attempt at "no u" is pretty laughable. I'll bite anyway.

>Having an opinion about a dress price you don't like and think is shitty is NOT "entitled" behavior.
It's fine to not like a price, but calling it shitty and complaining to the point of blindly accusing them of being a scalper when it's priced at what it usually goes is. Why can't you accept that it's straight up dictionary definition entitlement to bitch about how someone should charge you less than they can get? It's not even up for debate.
>You thinking that everyone has to shut up about prices because it hurts your feelings IS entitled though. You're not special and neither are your overpriced dresses, and yes, I will criticize so you better learn to suck it up buttercup or don't sell if anonymous opinions get your feefees that badly.
Honey, you can criticize all you want, it doesn't stop the dresses from selling at their regular prices, and all it does is show what a bitter little crybaby you are. Also, saying it's entitled to sell things for their going rate is probably the single stupidest thing I have ever read regarding this subject, and that's saying a lot.

Also, I like how you're accusing me of being the butthurt one, when you're the one whose been full of mad and projection throughout the entire conversation. It seems like "no u" is the best argument you can come up with.

Anyway, I'm done. I can only tolerate so much idiocy.

>> No.8555599

>>8555579
What you're describing isn't what's being discussed. No one is denying that there are scalpers in lolita, nor is anyone saying that people shouldn't lower their prices when no one is buying. We're specifically talking about the people who accuse others of scalping when they're just selling dresses for what they always go for. For example, someone calling a person a scalper because they're selling the Iron Gate OP for a grand. That's just straight up what you can expect to pay for that dress, it's been that way for years. To call someone a scalper for pricing it that way would be factually incorrect, which is what I was referring to.
>>8555571
>Maybe the reason why you're so insecure about overcharging is because you know deep down the dress isn't worth it and it makes you angry when people know better, or at least when other sellers don't take it personally if other people feel that way about their price.
The one time anyone has ever complained about my pricing, someone bought it for my asking price less than two hours later, so no. Nice projection, though. I'm not sure why I'm apparently not allowed to be annoyed by something very legitimate in a vent thread?
>You're such a snowflake.
Using terms like special snowflake when they don't apply makes you look quite silly.

>> No.8555601

>>8555588
Honestly, the holier than thou tone from your post is convincing me more and more that you're just going to sit there and insinuate I call everyone a "scalper," and that this will really go nowhere.

>entitlement to bitch about how someone should charge you less
This isn't what I'm arguing and I don't know why you keep coming back to this.
For the umpteenth time: Demanding someone should lower the costs is different from criticizing someone about a ludicrous price.
You're so set in your argument you can't tell the difference? Sad.
>projection, butthurt, crybaby, bitter, idiot, comprehension, ENTITLED
You are really, really mad. You might as well fuck off, I mean, you're wasting your time here hunny.

>> No.8555604

>>8555601
different anon but imo youre the one who sounds more mad js

>> No.8555606

>>8555599
>"we're"
I'm pretty sure it's just been you arguing back and forth with the same anon pretending to be different people. Stop talking in third person, it's cringey.
>Iron Gate OP for a grand
Would depend on the dress's condition and how many owners and times it's been worn. This should really be a circumstantial basis, I don't think everyone who says that sellers are overdoing the price are necessarily entitled and wrong.
>inb4 I'm entitled

>> No.8555608

>>8555604
>thinking typing in lower case and no punctuation disguises your samefag
Quite the opposite.

>> No.8555617

>>8555599
What you think anon is saying
>"OMG SELL ME YOUR DRESS FOR $50 NAOW!"
What anon is actually saying:
>"Wow that price is high and pretty stupid, I wouldn't really pay that much for it."

>> No.8555619

>>8555601
Given that your initial reply of disagreement was with someone describing what I was, and you never bothered specifying what you were referring to, despite myself being very clear every response, I can't really be faulted for not knowing exactly what you were talking about. I can't read your mind. Also, I like how I'm butthurt for calling you an entitled idiot, when literally your first post was telling someone to fuck off over an opinion that you apparently don't disagree with.
>>8555606
>I'm pretty sure it's just been you arguing back and forth with the same anon pretending to be different people. Stop talking in third person, it's cringey.
How is it "talking in third person" to say we're when referencing me and the other person? That doesn't even make sence. Also, I haven't samefagged once in this entire conversation. Multiple people disagreeing with you=/=samefag.
>>8555608
That isn't me. Blindly calling samefag? Really?

>> No.8555624

>>8555443
>Demand=/=actual worth
You're right, supply matters too

Also literally nothing is sold at its price in materials. Most things aren't even sold at materials + labor.

If you don't like the prices, wait until it's not in demand; but by then you won't want it, now will you?

>> No.8555626

This dumbass keeps spamming our comm facebook page with pointless questions and etsy shit practically every day. She posts so fucking much and yet refuses to speak to anyone at meetups, I feel like the mods should really tell her to cut out the shit behavior if she wants to stay in the comm at all.

>> No.8555628

>>8555601
To be fair to that anon, your first post was disagreeing with someone saying the same thing they have been. It was kind of confusing.

>> No.8555629
File: 6 KB, 223x227, 74398277849.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8555619
You can't read my mind but you can willingly bring up the same retarded argument that I've repeatedly made distinctions about in at least two posts?
People like you like to argue just for the sake of arguing.
>mfw I told you to fuck off 20 replies ago
And you still haven't done it because you're this pretentious about an argument that I told you from the beginning I won't agree with. Back the fuck down already.

>> No.8555641

>>8555624
Not that anon but
>I tend to think Honey Cake is really overpriced
>I make fun of people who buy it for those prices especially if there's damages
>I don't have a desire to own HC or many popular AP prints
>but really if any dress dropped in price enough and it wasn't gross I'd buy it
That's why we have cheap brand from older releases today.

I don't think my perspective about it is entitled just because I think other people are wasting their money on commodities that are pretty much doomed to drop in resale value eventually. There are prints I have paid higher prices for, I just have my personal limits.

>> No.8555645

>>8555629
>You can't read my mind but you can willingly bring up the same retarded argument that I've repeatedly made distinctions about in at least two posts?
Except that you haven't made any distinction until the post I had quoted. And like I said, your initial reply was to someone describing the exact same thing I am, so how am I supposed to know we're talking about two totally different things?
>And you still haven't done it because you're this pretentious about an argument that I told you from the beginning I won't agree with. Back the fuck down already.
I wasn't referring to you telling me to fuck off, but your very first reply to the first anon that started this whole thing. Also, I love how you're calling me pretentious and telling me to back down when I could easily say the same thing to you.

>> No.8555648

>>8555645
>>8555629
Can you both shut up? You're shitting up the thread. Seriously, both of you just stop replying.

>> No.8555653

>Except that you haven't made any distinction until the post I had quoted.
Orly?
The point in that post you quoted:
>>8555601
>"Demanding someone should lower the costs is different from criticizing someone about a ludicrous price"
My very first response to you:
>>855544
>"Me calling a person a 'scalper' because I think the price they're asking for a dress is ridiculous isn't me demanding that the person sell me their dress for a $1, nor indicating that I want that person's item at all."
My point this entire time is that calling something stupid isn't entitled behavior.
I guess you're nitpitcking at it because I said "scalper" and that triggered you into thinking I label every seller who I don't like as such. Obviously I don't think every seller who sets high prices is intentionally scalping, but I do think the prices can be retarded depending on the situation.

I don't know what else you could possibly argue after this, but I imagine you're still going to say I'm "entitled" for having opinions about things either way.

>> No.8555654

>>8555653
See >>8555648

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

>> No.8555656

>>8555648
Looks like the janitor is taking care of it. Psh.

>> No.8555658

ITT: "entitled"

>>8555641
I certainly don't think that perspective is entitled either. It's just a fact that some people have enough disposable income and are willing to shell out more for something hot or new (and people take advantage of that) while other people are frugal or patient enough to enjoy something when process drop. Personally I identify with the latter group too.

>> No.8555660

>>8555658
*prices

>> No.8555662

>>8555648
>>8555654
>people arguing
>in the rant/vent thread
You knew what you were getting into.

>> No.8555663

>>8555653
Cool you both have been misunderstanding each other this entire time. Now stop replying. No one else cares.

>> No.8555666

>>8555662
Not that anon, but this argument was really long and annoying, and it turned out they were just both completely misunderstanding each other in the end. Obviously any vent thread is going to have arguing, but that entire thread was just obnoxious.

>> No.8555668

>>8555666
>people having really long and annoying arguments
>on 4chan
Yep, zero situational awareness. Turn off the monitor and come back later fam

>> No.8555675
File: 952 KB, 245x234, 1438404527141.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8555666
>666
>on a comment that describes the essence of 4chan
Perfect

>> No.8555679

>>8554260
> shirty

>> No.8555684

>>8555668
Just because this is 4chan doesn't mean people have to keep it to themselves when a thread is getting derailed by a retarded argument that no one wants to read. Plus, it seems to be working, since that anon was bluntly told to shut up, the other hasn't replied.

>> No.8555714

>>8555684
I'm back just to spite you anon :^) Also shut up. Nobody cares that you don't care.
>>8555675
Ironic, no?

>> No.8556132 [DELETED] 

>>8554400
Nice triple dubs

>> No.8556136

>>8553314
Just watched that secret thread get bahleeted.
laaaaaaaaame.

>> No.8556137 [DELETED] 

>>8555666
dub trips

>> No.8556155

>>8554407
WW2 Reenactor here, Reenacting community is more judgmental of mistakes in fine details than the lolita community or any cosplayer.

>> No.8556162

>>8554259
KEK

>> No.8556169
File: 63 KB, 403x360, 10842288_10152729072163697_4232973873632555376_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT

>> No.8556173

>>8555714
>Ironic, no?
Not in the least.

>> No.8556235

Some spam account just submitted human/animal gore to me on Tumblr. It didn't freak me out as much as I thought it would but it's still a dick move and I'm kinda pissed about it. I reported the message and blocked the account but Tumblr's staff don't care about their users in the slightest, they let CP and necrophilia pass through their filters and then ban users for uploading songs with credit. I just want to have a pretty lolita coord blog without any hassle. Is that so much to ask?

>> No.8556250

>>8556235
tumblr got CP?
when the hell that happen

>> No.8556254 [DELETED] 

>>8556235
It's pretty easy to find if you know what to search for, which makes it a breeding ground for pedophiles. Some of them even just outright admit that they're a pedo thinking that it's alright (toppestofcats.tumblr.com is an example).

Aside from that, there's underage users posting nudes on their password-protected blogs. Like, seriously. They're protected but easily hackable and if someone gets through that you're fucked. Stop posting CP of yourself.

>> No.8556322

>>8555714
Other anon from that conversation here. This isn't me, just some random person feeling the need to keep the shit stirred for whatever reason.

>> No.8556353

>>8556250
Yeah all the time, there's this weird thing where 3d lolicon slips through easily but drawings of flat chested girls can get you banned.
Of but I used to have a blog that was deleted because I was talking about my struggle with self harm, I never posted any photos, it was deleted. At that time I had no irl support or friends, my blog of motivational slogans under kittens of was all I had. I sent hundreds of emails pleading to have my blog back, they could purge whatever they wanted from it, but they never even replied once.

>> No.8556367

>>8554422
Cardcaptor sakura helped me a lot too. I really love it and make it a point to collect things from it when I see it. Nice to know Cardcaptor helped someone too!

>> No.8556379

>>8556353
Yeah, Tumblr doesn't make sense with how it enforces rules. You could always just change your IP address (not that hard) and get a new account.

>> No.8556397

>>8556254
I fail to see anything wrong with that blog. He's not even propagating pictures.

>> No.8556420

>>8555443

someone doesn't understand economics. everythng in the world is worth precisely what someone will pay for it. Everything.

you're talking about intrinsic value, i hate to break it to you, but the intrinsic value of most of these dresses is <50$ (materials/labor cost). even a dollar bill has no intrinsic value now that it's off the gold standard.

tl;dr - Demand = worth

>> No.8556424

I washed my Cinema Doll myself despite having suspicions that it'd run in the wash. I'm such a fucking idiot.
>tfw single handedly ruined dream dress

>> No.8556427

I really fucking hate newbies who think they know everything just because they discovered FYeahLolita or Lolita Tips. It's nice that Caro-chan helped you be less ita, but that doesn't mean you're in any position to talk to the girls who have been into it for years as if you're "educating" them. If I have one more person try to inform me of Lolita 101 shit as if I'd be clueless without them telling me, I'm going to straight up tell them how it comes off.

Examples of what newbs have tried to "educate" me on
>brands do shoe sizing in S-LL
>brand petticoats aren't fluffy enough
>some brands require a shopping service because they don't ship overseas
>AatP is owned by BtSSB
>Some dresses sell for hundreds more than retail because they're so popular
>AP does a lot of rereleases
>BtSSB has locations in Paris, SF, and NYC
>cat ears are virtually never acceptable
>Misako is a thing
>Mana is a thing
>sweet lolita can come in black

>> No.8556440

>>8556427
I love when itas or noobs try to educate you on things. I once had a girl who wasn't even wearing lolita try to tell me that I needed to get fucking arm warmers to wear with my short sleeved IW blouse since "Lolitas never have bare arms you know, I'm a lolita so I know!!"

>> No.8556458

>>8554717
This video is private and I NEED TO SEE IT.

>> No.8556646

>>8556397
It's more the fact that he's admitting to being a pedophile. He may not post pictures but he may have CP on his computer and just chooses to defend pedophilia on his blog.

>> No.8556732

I kinda hate it when lolitas like it when people see them as princesses or dolls. I don't want to look or be a princess, I don't want to look or be a doll, I just like the fashion, the frills, the looks but I don't think it's like that at all.

>> No.8556738

>>8554434
Uff I'm from Europe and I don't buy from europeans nor from USA because both sell things way too high.
>go to Japanese auctions
>almost everything is ffing cheaper
>and probably cared for more
I don't buy it from EU or USA unless the price is really good.

>> No.8556904

>>8554658
I don't like shipping outside the usa because everytime I tell them w h at shipping is they don't like it. One person tried to say I should shipbuilding for free for them and half the items price. I'd be out 20 bucks doing that shit. Paying them to take it, if they want to pay for shipping I have no problem.

>> No.8556922

>>8554785
>>8554434
Maybe stop being an Ameripoor?

>> No.8557115 [DELETED] 

>>8556169
Kek
>saved

>> No.8557238

I'm slowly becoming very intolerant of my country's cosplay comm. I travelled to a neighbouring county to compete in a contest and was met with surprise at the fact my outfit was clean and well done. My country's rep is apparently that shit. Being there I got to relax and scope out their cosplayers before flying home.

I honestly agree. I've come back to Fb pics and the quality difference is insane. My comm is absolutely full of self entitled bitches between ages of 18-30 and despite being terrible at sewing expect people like myself (older comm who have pretty much spoonfed these people with tutorials and advice) to kiss the ground they walk on. I have a group who claim to hate me for being "so elitist" yet kiss my butt for being a "better cosplayer" which makes me elitist. And also the 13-17 year olds lying about making cosplays is getting concerning.

I really want to improve the comm's standards but I feel it's way too late so the only way is to get harsher with competition judging without giving it away we're weeding out this shit mentality. Even then it's probably better to just let them hang themselves. It just takes too long since they're all stupid and refuse to see they're all two faced bitches to each other too for fame they'll never get.

>> No.8557314

Don't think I didn't see your donkey teeth having ass pick your damn nose. You're not slick, girl.

>> No.8557687

>>8556646
>It's more the fact that he's admitting to being a pedophile
Something something gays. Hmm.

>He may not post pictures but he may have CP on his computer
He outright states he would never involve himself in or support such a disgusting industry. You're just making assumptions.

>chooses to defend pedophilia on his blog
He doesn't. Not once has he implied he was proud to be a pedophile.

>> No.8557822 [DELETED] 

My vent?

I FUCKING HATE CGL

ALMOST ALL OF YOU ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT SPEND HOURS IN CIRCULAR ARGUMENTS WITH EACH OTHER OR SHITTING ON OTHER PEOPLE

EVEN IF PEOPLE ARE RIDICULOUS IT'S STILL PATHETIC TO DEDICATE SO MUCH TIME TO HATING THEM

MOST OF THE TIME THE PERSON DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE IT

YOU'RE EVEN WORSE THAN THE PEOPLE WHO WATCH REALITY TV AND READ CELEBRITY GOSSIP

AND YOU THROW AROUND STUPID PHRASES AND MEMES BLINDLY TO DISCREDIT PEOPLE WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING WHAT THEY MEAN

YOU ALSO WILL FUCKING DIAGNOSE PEOPLE WITH SEVERE MENTAL DISORDERS OVER ONE PARAGRAPH YET SHIT ON PEOPLE FOR SELF-DIAGNOSING

YOU'RE FUCKING HYPOCRITES

EITHER BECOME BETTER PEOPLE OR KILL YOURSELF

I MEAN IT. FUCKING KILL YOURSELF. I HOPE TO YOU FUCKING DIE IF YOU DON'T STOP BEING SUCH A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTE SCUM FUCK ALL OF YOU.

>> No.8557834

>>8556254
>>8556646
Are you the person writing him messages cause you're stupid then and should shut the fuck up. Feeling a sexual attraction towards children fucking sucks and it's because of people like you and your thought crime talk that pedophiles can't seek professional help.

>> No.8557870

>>8554487
This image always makes me angry because there's no fucking blouse and instead gloves? I can't tell what Jfash or coord or whatever this outfit is based on but its too ita to be a self respecting gull

>> No.8557876

I fucking hate having to chose last minute between plain not going to a meet or loading myself with painkillers and bringing my cane along. I'm so so tired because I spent the last week running everywhere and legs and my whole body hurts hard but it'll be my last meet in a while and it's been more than a month that I didn't see my friends.

>> No.8557879

>>8556732
it's hilarious when people who say "this isn't a costume!!!" then turn around and say "i love it when little kids call me a princess!"

>> No.8557883

>>8554448
Go back to your containment board faggot
>>8554487
Whoever drew this must be a cosplayer or an ita because no self respecting lolita would draw that coord

>> No.8557886

>>8556458
http://tinypic.com/r/ajxyk5/8

>> No.8557905

>>8554487
/fa/-tan look like bb Dan I'm dying.

>> No.8558079

>>8557834
No? I found his blog through someone reblogging one of those posts but I didn't even want to stay on there, let alone actually interact with him. Chill.

>> No.8558082
File: 308 KB, 546x700, Quot+ohhh+i+can+t+eeeeeeeeeeeeeven+quot+_858953523b683133078dd29278fd2a49.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8557822

>> No.8558102

>>8557822
hi isaki

>> No.8558267

>>8558082
Oh please, Tumblr isn't any better, I stopped going on there years ago.
>>8558102
I don't even know who that is.

NOW FUCK OFF YOU PIECES OF HOMELESS JUNKIE SHIT

>> No.8558272

>>8558267
Then why are you here?

>> No.8558279
File: 29 KB, 494x358, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8557822

>> No.8558285
File: 241 KB, 297x397, 1437862288696.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8558267
>>8557822

>> No.8558299
File: 299 KB, 445x450, 1437545640201.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT: Baby's first argument

The little rascals
>>8555443
>>8555478

>> No.8558304

>>8556427
this so much

>> No.8558305

>>8556424
You didn't handwash it? :(

>> No.8558325

I hate how lolitas hold grudges for a long time. I had a falling out with one of my friends in my comm 5 years ago and it affected my friendship with a couple mutual friends. Even though I got over the whole fight, I constantly keep hearing about how she (still) bitches about me frequently from others. I would love to talk to her civilly and tell her to stop but she's totally being immature about the situation.

>> No.8558327

>>8553333
the quads have spoken!!!

>>8554378
If someones willing to pay that much sure, but be aware that in lolita you wont always make your money back, its like gambling. kawaii gambling.

>>8554389
jfc not every internet thing is 'meme'. fucking newfags.

>>8555199
kek

>> No.8558333

>>8557822
USE THE FORCE, DUMBLEDORE!!

>> No.8558334

>>8556424
what happened to it?

>> No.8558341

Quit showing up to LOLITA meet ups in different j-fashions!! It's called a LOLITA meet, not a General J-Fashion meet.

>> No.8558355

>>8558333
>>8558102
I actually don't think that's Isaki. Isaki is so clueless about 4chan that she didn't realize RBT was our archive and thought it was a different site, as well as didn't realize the Anonymous activist group was from 4chan. This anon seems too familiar with the board to be her.

(also, I cannot think of a post more worthy of those trips)

>>8558272
Why does everyone these days think the only people who hate /cgl/ are from Tumblr? We've been seen as the nasty bitches of lolita/cosplay long before the community had a presence on Tumblr.

>> No.8558360

>>8558341
Fucking this
We'll usually put on the event if j-fashion is allowed
But typically we only do that if it's super hot outside and want alternatives

>> No.8558425

I have some well-known lolitas added on Facebook (the ones who add everyone), and it drives me nuts how much they keep bitching about ~lolita has changed it's so negative~

Don't like negativity? Don't look at it. If you don't like how it's changed, then don't change with it. I don't understand.
Btw it's the girls who are always trend hopping and have all the new AP releases.

>> No.8558496

>>8558425
>~lolita has changed it's so negative~
Anyone who seriously thinks this is either new, wearing rose tinted glasses, or just didn't pay attention. There is waaay less negativity in lolita than they're used to be. Back in the day, there was GTFO EGL, Lolita Fucks, Lolita Vendettas, and drama wasn't against the rules on here and like 80% of what the lolita threads were about. It was also much more socially acceptable, to the point of being expected, for people to give concrit unsolicited. Back in the day, if you didn't want concrit, the general consensus was "then don't post it to lolita sites calling it lolita" these days it's all a big hugbox and if someone wants to call a Ciel cosplay lolita, you're a bitch for telling them it isn't.

>> No.8558641

>>8558496
It's funny because a lot of them weren't even into lolita in the hayday of getoffegl, posting nudes, posting personal info on /b/, etc. Not to mention now people aren't targeted for their looks, it's their attitude and actions.

I saw someone complaining about how now it's all about refreshing tumblr to see if you got more notes. Before that, it was MySpace comments. Before that, it was d_l comments. Attention whores are always going to have an outlet, don't blame the community. Blame the influx of girls who buy up every brand release and post 500 selfies every day.

>> No.8558990
File: 9 KB, 300x168, murica.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8554434

>> No.8559102
File: 47 KB, 301x299, Maki Sexy KPOP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So why does KPOP cover dances and merchandise exist in anime cons? Don't the Japanese and Koreans hate each other? Seeing it at a con is like seeing a bunch of communists selling propaganda at a free market.

>> No.8559130

>>8559102
because the fans dont give a shit about politics.

Do you think people who go to anime cons really give a shit if korean and japanese things are ~mingling~

>> No.8560284

>>8558305
I've washed loads of AP dresses in the wash and they all came out fine, this is the first time I damaged anything. It was the lace that ran, so I imagine it wouldn't have made much of a different even if I had hand washed it.

>>8558334
Black lace ran, bodice now have splotches of black dye on it. It's the ivory colourway too to make things worse. I feel completely dead inside.

>> No.8560285

>>8560284
>*difference not different
>polite sage for dumb

>> No.8560289

>>8554447
Idd medelander.

>> No.8560291

>>8554434
BAWWW. I can ask whatever the fuck I want.

>> No.8560303

>>8554110
Agreed.
Cause entitled people are always broke and want shit for practically free.
Fuck logic, I want muh dreamdress for peanuts is their motto.

If I buy a rare dress for cheap or at current 2ndhand marketprice I can ask whatever I want for it, yes that means more than retail.
If a dress retailed for 250 dollars but the current going rate in the secondhand market is double that, you can ask fucking 500 bucks.
DEAL WITH IT.

>> No.8560304
File: 126 KB, 749x831, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This was posted on my comms facebook, and I don't understand why people don't ask this kind of stuff in private? It's just to seem like a snowflake I guess but it's so fucking annoying, this has nothing to do with lolita.

>the comm is not your personal blog

>> No.8560305

>>8554422
Bitch is not your friend. Lose the dead weight.

>> No.8560310

>>8556904
Yeah, like we Europeans never had whiney Murricans saying postage is insane.

>> No.8560313

>>8560291
That's what my autistic friend says all the time

>> No.8560317

>>8560304
People are getting really annoying lately

>> No.8560326

>>8560317
For real. Same girl was begging for clothes to wear to regalia on the page as well, which is an improvement because it's lolita related at least, but seriously she just needs to ask her own friends not the entire comm.

>> No.8560376

>>8560303
>If I buy a rare dress for cheap or at current 2ndhand marketprice I can ask whatever I want for it, yes that means more than retail.
>If a dress retailed for 250 dollars but the current going rate in the secondhand market is double that, you can ask fucking 500 bucks.
>DEAL WITH IT.
Preach it. Why is this concept so fucking hard for some people to accept?

>> No.8560401
File: 98 KB, 776x602, 1386231916640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8554442
>Fuck off, maybe some people like seeing reasonable prices and don't care for people who try to sell their sweatstained, no tags, damaged burando for above retail.
>I'm so done with the people accusing anyone selling a rare dress for above retail of scalping, regardless of how much the dress usually goes for secondhand. Like, how fucking entitled do you have to be to think someone should charge you retail or less on a piece they see consistently selling for $500+ in auctions or other listings?
>rare dress for above retail of scalping, regardless of how much the dress usually goes for secondhand.
>a piece they see consistently selling for $500+ in auctions or other listings
>consistently see selling

And of course, the burando is sweatstained and damaged. OP just forgot to include that detail.

>> No.8563401
File: 236 KB, 500x472, fuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy shit! This drama is so fucking unnecessary! So you didn't win the baby-tier cosplay competition! Stop being a big baby in public about it, you're just showing off how much of a baby you are!

>> No.8563423

>>8560304
hur dur look how unique i am

>> No.8563426

>>8560304
>I need my son that day
Oh god, that poor child

>> No.8563447

I got banned for three days because I was OP of the first BtB thread
fuk u janitor-chan, I'm still salty

>> No.8563460

>>8560326

I'm also from that comm and I was thinking she was joking. Why attend Regalia if you have nothing to wear for the actual event? Get a reality check.

>> No.8563465

>>8563447
That's a lame excuse to be banned
I don't believe you were breaking any rules

>> No.8563477

>>8563465
Supposedly it was vendetta posting? Though we've had BtB threads forever, i don't get it. Especially after all the drama we've had recently, it was such a small thing to get banned over. Bluh.

>> No.8563485

>>8563477
Yeah, it was pretty mild. Then again, I went to bed and didn't read the rest of it. It was gone when I woke up.
Someone tried to remake it, there were 2 btb threads one after another?

Yeah, after all the drama lately, that's really mild

>> No.8564655
File: 1.82 MB, 300x264, 1382988486372.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>complaining on every social media ever that boo hoo the judges didnt pick me as their winner :((((

>> No.8564674

>>8563460
Ha no way, didn't think I'd find one of you on here. Exactly my thoughts, she basically wanted the entire outfit, it was crazy. Not shocked she isn't going anymore tbh.

>> No.8564790

>>8563426
She seems like a total headcase

>> No.8565436

>>8563447
Yeah, we need a new janitor.
If (s)he doesn't want to do the job, then s(he) should just pass it up. Deleting relevant threads because (s)he doesn't feel like pruning and/or banning the trolls. Ban the trolls= they can't come back and shit on things immediately

>> No.8565444

>>8565436
This, we've always had these threads before.

>> No.8565585

>>8565436
exactly.

friend finder threads are on-topic. creating them in /soc/ would be inviting disaster even more than creating them here.

BtB threads are on-topic. it does not matter if Isaki or whoever comes in and reports the hell out of them, they are just as on-topic as "hurrdurr which photographer do you hate" and "is this cosplayer a slut or what". except BtB is more creative.

i am amazed that bait threads and attention whore threads ("i am new to cosplay, tell me how to do X") and fap threads can stay up for so long, while threads relevant to the /cgl/ community get pruned.

>> No.8565689
File: 18 KB, 500x270, mary-poppins (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8564674

You'd be surprised how many of us roam here lol.

>> No.8566566

>>8565689
Do you know if anyone else feels the same way about all the shitposting she does? She seems to get babied so much that I don't want to start shit and tell her not to share her life story if no one else feels the same.

>> No.8566581

>>8566566

Tbh I don't know, but I've noticed the babying that happens when she posts anything about her personal life. Our comm page should be just about Lolita or other fashion, anything related to it, events, advice, making new friends and so on, now a personal hug box.

Go ahead and speak up, maybe it'll make her stop lol.

>> No.8566594

>>8565585
That's what happens when the janitors are all cosplayers

>> No.8566647

>>8565585
Kind of sad that the entire friending thread got deleted instead of only deleting the troll posts. I want some /cgl/ friends dammit.

>> No.8566737

What the hell has been going on with Lolibrary lately? 10 minutes ago it was fine and now it's down again. I've never had problems with it like I have in the past month.

>> No.8566741

>>8566647
That and the girlie sleepover thread, I've just been reading that in the bath feeling like I'm with friends, but now it's gone and I'm alone again.
I hate our janitor.

>> No.8566759

>>8566581
When she does it next time I'll probably say something. Don't know how well it'll go down though, I'm not exactly an active and well-known member of the comm.

>> No.8566951 [DELETED] 
File: 272 KB, 2000x2000, WTF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This really pisses me off. So many people are marking things as NWT when they've clearly fucking worn it.

Pic related, it's the owner of KG - does she actually think no one will fucking notice?

>> No.8567034

>>8566647
i altered my post to put it elsewhere, maybe putting that info in the lolita gen or something could help? trolls don't tend to target those type of gens.

>> No.8567135

>>8566741
I've been at work all day, I was really looking forward to reading it, and just, why? It was cute. I want friends who won't judge me for being on cgl.

>> No.8567165

>>8559102
>Maki Sexy KPOP
>Maki
>Kpop

what

>> No.8568954

>>8566759

Keep it as constructive as possible and polite, there's no harm in trying. Better than not saying anything at all and it just continues on and on.

>> No.8568987
File: 1.46 MB, 499x281, F8VuQ.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8557822

>> No.8569230

I'm sad bc Lolita is a 99.9% girl thing and I can't get into it as a guy who wants to look cute.

>> No.8569239
File: 666 KB, 817x1226, tumblr_n1xpt52SzZ1r6m0q4o2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8569230
what's stopping you exactly?

>> No.8569246

>>8569239
why do so many guys do half eyeliner like that? It looks so unfinished.
Just learn how to do thinner lines jesus christ.

>> No.8569277

>>8569230
I'm glad it's mostly girls. Stay out of my fashion.

>> No.8569404

>>8569239
God he looks so much better (less creepy) here than he does in ouji.

>> No.8569430

I've always wanted Misty Sky, but with the price, I'll never be able to afford it.
I want to get a replica, but don't want to get hate for getting a replica.
>same for holy lantern and cosmic
Why doesn't AP just re-release things that are really popular? I just don't understand
>sorry for being such a newfag

>> No.8569701

>>8569239
Mainly the social acceptability aspect. I'm a corporate pleb so I have to be somewhat mindful of my reputation in whatever I do. Also how would community react to full-on crossdressing lolita guy. Also money I suppose.

>> No.8569707

>>8569701
>Also how would community react to full-on crossdressing lolita guy
>what are brolitas
You should probably do more research before coming to us, newfriend.

>> No.8570306

>>8554448
By /fit/ standards that /fit/-tan is hella DYEL.

>> No.8570310

>>8569430
Cosmic has been selling for cheap lately on auction. <$400

>> No.8570315

>>8570310
Oh shit thanks anon!

>> No.8570336

>>8570315
NP! I've seen all sorts of cosmic shit lately. OPs, sailor jsk, regular jsk, scrunchie, and once the otks! Now is the time to buy!

>> No.8571458

I am so fucking sick of the daddy dom/little girl community shitting up the lolita community. I'm sick of them reblogging lolita stuff on tumblr because quite frankly it creeps me out. Better yet I can't say anything because I'll be "kinkshaming" them or something.

>> No.8571493

>>8569430
Misty sky jsk on closet child right now! $600

>> No.8571532

>>8571458
I hate them too and I honestly don't even care if it's kinkshaming, mostly because I think it's a really weird fucking kink and if I find out anyone is into ddlg I sideeye them. (Personally I might think it's less weird if I think 2 people who are similar in age are into it, i.e. a 22 year old girl and a 23 year old guy, but I think it's super creepy when it's like, an 18 year old girl and a 40 year old man, or a vice versa with an older woman and younger man because IMO at that point you're fetishizing the actual age difference and that's super sketchy to me)
on my blog in my sidebar/bio I have a short line stating to not follow or reblog my posts if you are a fetish blog. I haven't posted much on it since it's a completely different blog from my main one on tumblr so I forgot to log in to the other account sometimes, so I haven't yet encountered anything weird yet but I know people in other communities - i.e. plus size blogs and corsetry blog, will also post similar things on their photos (asking porn blogs not to reblog). If I do ever encounter someone I will have no qualms about publically telling them to fuck off, even though I 100% understand that tumblr is a public platform and once I put my photo out there I can't necessarily stop people from reblogging my shit.

My biggest worry is just my face ending up on one of those gross blogs cause it's like..i'm not a feitsh or adult blog, I seriously didn't ask to be reblogged to an 18+ tumblr like that. A lot of people (esp dudes) who run 18+ blogs tend to be creepy in that aspect in that they don't give a shit about reblogging people's photos that were never intended to be adult in nature. It's reasonable to see someone's nude photo and reblog it to a porn blog, but I think it's not okay at all to reblog 'normal' SFW selfies of people into porn blogs, it's just super weird and unnecessary and that wasn't the intention of the initial photo at all.

tl;dr more of us should start telling them to fuck off

>> No.8571535
File: 199 KB, 1200x1332, 1405887493890.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8554487
The pain never ends, not even on the internet.

>> No.8571539

>>8571532
I feel the same way, especially about daddy doms and sissies. I don't want my completely sfw outfit snaps on the hardcore porn blogs of some creepy-ass men who fetishize little girls.

>> No.8571569

>>8571532
I don't understand why tumblr doesn't have an option like "do not let x-rated blogs reblog my posts." It's such a common complaint, they should do something about it. After all, they already have the option to filter adult content, they just need to take it a step further.

Also, I'be always want to make/sell some "kinkshamer" merchandise just out of spite, but in this social climate it'd be about as well received as wearing a tee shirt emblazoned with "anti-semite". For being such hardxxxcore in ur face edgelords, kinksters are such fucking cry babies when it comes to people finding their nasty, highly public sex lives to be distasteful.

>> No.8571573

lolita n00bs and admirers who know next-to-nothing about the fashion, who try to give advice are SO annoying

and I'm not annoyed with the people who spread good resources/information or politely give ideas that aren't shit, but there are so many who have this knowledge complex who think they know everything when all they do is listen to what other people say and repeat it like they're the ones who came up with it.and maybe if they were spread good advice it'd be fine but no, they're always giving really shitty advice that makes it painfully obvious they're an inexperienced lolita who has no idea what the fuck they're doing

>> No.8571583

>>8571458
> "kinkshaming"
What
Why is this even a thing

Tell those perverts to fuck off, there's nothing wrong with not wanting to be associated with fetishists

>> No.8571594

>>8571569
As someone who is into bdsm shit I seriously do not care about "kinkshaming" people who have questionable or inappropriate kinks and fetishes. I know how to keep that shit within the appropriate communites and not to bother people who are not fucking interested. It's super annoying how some kinksters have to try and involve everyone around them and it's actually really creepy sometimes. Some of them need to learn that there's a difference between someone being a dick to you over a foot fetish vs. someone being uncomfortable when you loudly declare that you jack off to women wearing diapers in a baby crib.

Anyways, I think they recently changed the blocking feature so that you can finally, actually block people for real, but I do agree that I wish there was a feature that said do not let adult blogs see my posts....it especially would make sense to have one since there's so many underage kids (like, clueless 12 year olds that don't need to be exposed to daddy/little girl shit) and I remember when yahoo first took over they were really trying to wipe a lot of adult blogs. There should also be some sort of system to "flag" blogs as adult if a blog hasn't marked itself as such (I think you can mark yourself as 18+ in your settings?).

But sigh, if we did all ask for that feature it's probably something that wouldn't be implemented in a long time, not before 5 more layout changes, another redesigned logo, and the addition for 2 new useless features.

>> No.8571600

>>8571583
Omg how dare you?? Don't you know that the elegant art of wife beating is a very beautiful thing and should be universally respected and never scrutinized in any way? Go back to the fifties you mega prude, some of us have serious trauma bonding to catch up on!

>> No.8571702

I can't stand people who use the term 'replica' to avoid saying 'knock off'. No, your item isn't less shitty and you aren't less of a cheap ass just for using a different word.

>> No.8571707

>>8571458
Another kinkster here.
Not wanting to be on a porn blog has nothing to do with kinkshsming. Its not kinkshaming to not want to be a part of someone's sex life, and they shouldn't be doing that without your consent.
My advice would be to make it clear to them that you do not CONSENT to being a part of their sex life, that this makes you feel uncomfortable and violated, (the first bit should do it) and mention that the clothes you wear are not sexual, and that you are not OK with them sexualising what you wear.
Basically the entire thing about all kinks, including ddlg stuff, is that it's OK because consenting adults. The second they start involving non consenting adults, its somewhere on a scale from sexual harassment to rape.
There will be at least a few who genuinely thought your frills were a kink thing and will be horrified that they did that.
Then there will be some who don't care,but will back down if you kick up a fuss about consent in the notes, because huge portions of the kink community will shun you if you look like you don't care about consent. And some won't change.
But still, it's probably worth dropping them an ask.
If you aren't comfortable doing that yourself, that's a think I'm actually happy to do for people, especially under 18s. My tumblr (unused, but still) is alexwearslolita

>> No.8572003
File: 499 KB, 500x281, tumblr_m80gs5OhQR1rn95k2o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry gulls, I know it's not /cgl/ related but I just need to vent. Today my dad went to the hospital for neck pains and he had a mini heart attack and wound up going in for open heart surgery. The surgery itself wasn't really a worry for me cause he's already had one heart attack, but I've been panicking all day because when he got leg surgery his company told him that he only had so many more days he could miss before bring laid off. He's been there 25 years and is one of their top employees, not to mention 70% of my family's income. I'm honestly terrified because he didn't graduate high school, he got into a trade so if he gets laid off it'll be really hard for him to find a job as good as this one. I'm going for my sophomore year of college and I'm trying to get another job to help support myself, but I'm still fucking terrified about all this.

>> No.8572080
File: 364 KB, 250x141, BROHUG.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8572003
Damn Anon that's rough.. i really help everything goes will for your dad.

>> No.8572173

>>8555629
Oh my god just shut the fuck up. Literally so many Lolita's agree with the fact that people that whine about "scalped" prices of rare beautiful dresses are dumb shits. The idea that you think it's one person who disagrees with you is so laughable. This is such a common opinion in the community. If it's too expensive for you, it's not fucking for you and you don't need it. That doesn't mean the price is "stupid" or the dress isn't worth it. It very obviously is because it continuously goes for that price. Bring it up at your comm, assuming any of them would tolerate your pretentious annoying ass.

>> No.8572237

On the subject of dd/lg blogs reblogging sfw outfit pics, I'm glad I'm not alone. I posted a sweet but non-childlike outfit on tumblr and a blog with a URL that directly involved "daddy fucking" reblogged it and I felt so gross.

Also I find it funny that there was the stereotype of lolitas having daddy issues. I have a really strong relationship with my dad and he's the one who's always encouraged me to be myself and experiment with my clothes.

>> No.8572260

>>8572237
I hope you confronted them because if not I seriously encourage everyone to start doing this. Like legit we all need to start being more vocal about this when it happens or else more blogs will start doing it cause some of them legit have no idea.

>> No.8572265

>>8572260
and if you don't get vocal, they'll use the silence as precedence for consent.

>"But it never bothered anyone before! Why is it suddenly so ~popular~ to attack dd/lg blogs like this??"

speak up now, seriously.

>> No.8572269

>>8572265
*precedent

>> No.8572303
File: 19 KB, 490x488, 1310575978402-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8571707
>fetishizing pictures can be literally rape

>> No.8572304

>>8572303
I think they were generally saying involving non-consenting people in kinks can be anything up to rape, not specifically the picture stuff.

>> No.8572320

>>8572303
>dat reading comprehension

>> No.8572458

>>8572265
Yeah, silence shouldn't be consent, but I'm actually happy to kick up a fuss for people. Like, I know the kink scene, I know how to phrase things to make it clear that what they are doing is wrong.

>> No.8572462

>>8572303
Generally speaking, not specifically pictures.
Like in general if someone is involving people who aren't consenting in their sex life it's somewhere from sexual harassment to rape.
I wasn't saying fetishising someone's pictures could be rape, that would be silly.

>> No.8572478

>>8557834
Save us from your pedophilia apologia.

>> No.8572828

I'm getting really tired of those girls that keep saying how incredibly much they eat while never gaining weight.
Bitch that's not how anyone's metabolism works.

>> No.8573208

>>8569430
>Why doesn't AP just re-release things that are really popular?
AP literally just rereleased Misty Sky this summer

>> No.8573212

>>8571458
i hate them too but i wish people complaining about them constantly could just learn how to use the fucking block function

>> No.8573219

>>8572237
I posted a picture of me in a dress that looked like an AP sack dress from when I was 7 just for a laugh and it got reblogged by 4 dd/lg blogs. Like for fucking real, I wasn't even old enough to know about sex. That's an actual infant, not a woman in a "dolly dress". Only two of them removed the photo.

>> No.8573220

>>8573219
that's gotta be reportable at least. if not, can you call them publicly/signal boost?

>> No.8573227

>>8573220
I reported them but tumblr sucks ass at doing a decent job so nothing was done. It was two or so years ago and I moved tumblr blogs so I can't even find the posts again, it wouldn't surprise me if they'd deleted.

>> No.8573248

I want to start another sleepover thread but I'm worried I might get banned... Damn I was having so much fun in the last thread too.

>> No.8573257

>>8573248
Just start one on /b/

>> No.8573261

i am often i accused of self-posting when i say positive things about other lolitas. now, i do not have a good memory for faces or names and i do not follow drama closely. so, i understand that posting about someone much of /cgl/ has strong opinions about will get that kind of reaction. but it seems paranoid and even arrogant to confidently assume someone is self-posting or samefagging without evidence.

sometimes people like things you do not like. it does not mean they have an ulterior motive for doing so. chill out, gulls.

>> No.8573464

>>8573257
Uhm I would but I'd be worried about the people from the board shitting it up.

>> No.8573472

>>8573227
Tumblr doesn't give a shit unless it's child porn or you've got a lawyer.

>> No.8573476

>>8573472
blogs such as niceguysofokcupid have been removed due to complaints in the past. but yes, this is probably not enough of an issue for tumblr staff to care about.

>> No.8574034

>>8572828
Well, someone is salty.

>> No.8574593

>>8574034
Maybe I am, honestly I don't care if someone's skinny or not. Just don't pretend you eat like your average landwhale and magically never gain any weight because of your special metabolism.
It's just as annoying as landwhales saying they can't lose weight because of their metabolism.

>> No.8574621

>>8569277
Agreed. My professional life and other hobbies are all sausagefest all the time and I really want lolita to be the ONE thing dudes don't insist on sticking their dicks into.

>> No.8576947
File: 66 KB, 640x960, 11899842_1027789220578820_8798349513086527311_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

idk why but I just fucking hate this character and that people cosplay it.
Why the fuck? What was the fucking appeal other than dressing up as a cumslut? Why? Idk I just feel like people have no self respect with this costume

>> No.8576965

>>8576947
I totally agree.

>> No.8577386

I know most people are with me but i'm sick and tired of these transtrenders from tumblr or fb that feel male but they dont change anything or feel like this as the weather change. Even their sexuality from asexual to lesbian to bi etc... Ugh. It's so BPD/bipolar at its best.
>mfw i have a shitty "friend" like this

>> No.8577389

>>8574593
I feel this. I'm chubby, I used to eat shit all the time, and I make an effort to eat healthily and exercise to try and lose the weight, but it's not happening. Yet I get skinny people who eat their way through 3 bags of chips a day and bags of cookies telling me how to be healthy. Literally fuck off.

>> No.8577482

>>8558325
Sounds like something similar in my comm. But tbh i dont even know what the chick's problem with me is. She was the one being shitty, I told her off, we didnt talk, and I'm over it. It's been over a year and shes still shitty to me so we just don't talk, but her issues is making others in the comm uncomfortable. Good luck with that though, anon! I hope you can burry the hatchet and you guys can move on!

>> No.8577494

>>8576947
I want to cosplay her because the outfit is cute, that's it. I don't like the video at all, but I like her design.

>> No.8577503

I'm pretty new to wearing lolita but I've been admiring it for years. About 6 months ago I found a local comm and joined, they aren't the best lolitas but it's a solid attempt. I get along with all of them and some of the girls even come up to me with questions and/or asking for coord advice, which is super cute. Recently one of the admins of my comm messaged me and asked if I wanted to become an admin. I'd really love to mentor these girls and help them but I'm pretty new into lolita myself and I don't know if I can do that. I've planned quite a few of the meet ups in the past but that was all with help. I just don't know if I'm ready to have my own comm.

>> No.8577510

>I can't lose weight because of my thyroid condition!
Take levothyroxine then, goddamn. My thyroid is dying and my endo put me on synthroid as soon as my TSH went above 2.5.

>> No.8577801

>Lolita is a subculture, not just clothes!
Did this get started because it's classified as a "fashion subculture" and people misunderstood? Subculture implies there are set behaviors and hobbies one must also engage in in order to be a lolita. It really is just clothing, albeit a "hobby" fashion with more emphasis on coordinating and high quality clothing than normalfag stuff.

"But it's annoying when people smoke/act trashy in lolita!" It's kind of annoying when people do those things in any hobby... or just in general. Behaving well when you're at a group gathering doesn't mean you're a proper lolita or anything, it just means you have manners and aren't a social retard.

>[Brand] dress for sale. RARE!!!
I swear, people will plaster "RARE" on anything. No shit it's rare, it's from a line of clothing that was produced in limited quantities and there are more people who want it than there are pieces in existence. In lolita there are probably more rare pieces than not, so people labeling their dress for sale as rare I just roll my eyes.

>> No.8577807

>>8577801
oops, *makes me just roll my eyes.

>>8577503
Anon, I would say go for it. Being an admin doesn't really mean it's all your responsibility, just that the people who run the comm see you as a good person to turn to for helping with events and probably managing the fb page. I'm sure they would still help you with meets!

>> No.8578676

>>8560305
Kek

>> No.8578939

>guys I think x is autistic

For gods sake /cgl/, I have no issue when this board is trying to play psychologist but just because there's something off about some people doesn't automatically mean autism.

At least TRY to come up with something more creative.

>> No.8578977

>>8572828
>>8574593
It's not pretending, I really eat as much as a fat person without gaining weight. Why is that so unbelievable? It's not like we claim, to eat as much as an obesity person.

>> No.8578986
File: 2.05 MB, 286x186, jimmies-rustled-gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm irrationally salty and rustled about this shit photographer in my area. She thinks she is God's gift to cosplayers to the point that she has tried to not pay to go to photoshoot events that cosplayers & photographers alike pay to attend (we're all pitching in to rent out a space). She keeps implying that she won't attend cosplay events/won't shoot people unless their costumes are good enough. Which plenty of people do but they don't come right out and say it, because that's fuckin' rude.

All this and she literally doesn't know how to take pictures that are in focus. Apparently owning a DSLR for a year makes you a "professional" and "experienced." Coulda fooled me.

>> No.8578988

>>8578939

I'm pretty sure they don't mean "X fits all the criteria of autism." They just mean they're socially awkward to the extent that they're walking bowls of spaghetti.

This site might not be for you, and I don't mean that in a patronizing way.

>> No.8578989

The lolita lifestyle thread is one of the most pretentious, pearl clutching threads I've seen on this board in a while. Jesus christ.

>> No.8579001
File: 151 KB, 464x640, 3354_bf35.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8569701
Oh you poor, lost child. You are in pain that you do not need to be in.

Have you heard of our savior Mana?

Seriously, though. Mana founded Moi-même-Moitié, a gothic lolita brand, and he is considered a huge influence on the history of the fashion.

Look up some guides on how to be a brolita. There are plenty of bad brolitas, true, but it is possible to be a stunning brolita if you put effort into details such as makeup.

>> No.8579084
File: 143 KB, 736x1241, UgliestEffingSkirt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a little miffed of my comm's current standards in accepting applications for entry.

This week someone posted a super-vague question along the lines of "I'm just starting out lolita fashion, could I have some advice on it?" With further questioning by mods (bless their patient hearts), she specified she wanted to be a gothic lolita, which still didn't help much.

I understand not starting out with a completely full wardrobe, but no, that was just outright asking for someone to hold their hand, without having done research beforehand. It makes me wonder how this person got in the group, who their sponsor is (every new member needs one in order to enter the group), and whether their sponsor knew before how dumb (or lazy) she was.

I also noticed one of my acquaintances who I know from another social circle, is also a member of the lolita facebook group. She has zero lolita pieces, and doesn't plan to get any, at all. Her presence on the facebook page is harmless, but I'm terrified that if she decides to show up to an actual meet and she joins a group photo, she will get torn to shreds online. She has neither a fortunate face nor body shape, and the way she posts and writes online is quite inflammatory. In real life she's a nice, sociable girl and makes big bucks at her job. But she also is dealing with a lot of other shit in her life, and I don't the cattiness of the hobby to be yet another point of stress for her.

The total membership of that facebook group is exceeding 200, and yet only an average of 5-15 lolitas physically show up to events. I'm beginning to suspect that a significant portion of non-attendees may be lolitas who just don't want to deal with newbies.

>> No.8579089

>>8579084
sorry

*I don't want the cattiness of the hobby to be yet another point of stress for her.

>> No.8579112

>>8579084
>I also noticed one of my acquaintances who I know from another social circle, is also a member of the lolita facebook group. She has zero lolita pieces, and doesn't plan to get any, at all. Her presence on the facebook page is harmless, but I'm terrified that if she decides to show up to an actual meet and she joins a group photo, she will get torn to shreds online. She has neither a fortunate face nor body shape, and the way she posts and writes online is quite inflammatory. In real life she's a nice, sociable girl and makes big bucks at her job. But she also is dealing with a lot of other shit in her life, and I don't the cattiness of the hobby to be yet another point of stress for her.

Sounds like she's a big girl and you should let her handle her own decisions.

>> No.8579187

>always ensure my coords 10/10
>get my nails and hair done in a way that will compliment the coord
>match my perfume to the coord
>there are still people who will call me an ita because I don't wear make up
I'm allergic you bitches

>> No.8579194

>>8579187
Your coord's not 10/10 if you're not wearing makeup. Wear more toned-down coords to compensate for your lack of makeup or you're gonna look bad, sorry.

>> No.8579196

>>8579187
Use hypoallergenic makeup.

>> No.8579208

>>8578977
Do you work out a lot? Metabolism simply doesn't account for that huge of a difference so that's why it's so hard to believe anyone who makes the claims of not gaining or losing weight.

>> No.8579209

>>8578988
Diff anon but nah. Anons using autism as an insult is old news but lately there's been a few posts seriously armchair diagnosing the likes of Isaki, Kate and other retarded famewhores with autism and other shit, but mostly autism/aspergers. It's pretty annoying and part of me wonders if this is some attempt at whiteknighting and making them seem like a poor hapless victim.

>> No.8579221

>>8579084
>no interest in lolita
>still part of lolita FB group
>might even show up to lolita meets
>cunt behavior online
>anon is concerned about her feefees
Tbh if people make fun of her for being an ugly chick attending a meetup for a fashion she doesn't even wear she will have brought it upon herself, especially if she throws a public hissy fit about it.

>> No.8579264

>>8579208
>Do you work out a lot?
Hahahahahahahaha, uhm no.

I don't work more out, than the average person in my country. Which is for the carless people under use: bicycle, walking and public transport.

Also methabolism can account a huge difference under different circumstances, like eating habits, different types of food, hormone changes, environment etc.

And sometimes people stay skinny because of things that have nothing to do with methabolism.

So no, I don't get why it's hard to believe.

>> No.8579276

>>8579264
Eating habits and different food kinda play a big part in weight gain and loss....

>> No.8579280

>>8579194
>>8579196
>muh makeup!
good little shills, make the companies lots of money
enjoy your premature aging

>> No.8579292 [DELETED] 

>>8571594
>>8571707

Honestly, I'm somebody who is into the ddlg deal (in a nonsexual manner), and I 100% people's issues. I keep my private life exactly that-- private. Which is what everybody should do, involving anything possibly sexual or could make people uncomfortable. I don't involve anybody else, because that's fucking weird and would make anybody

It's one thing for somebody's blog to just happen to post ddlg things occasionally (not a porn blog, or a primarily ddlg blog) and reblogging a picture of lolita, and for a straight up 90% porn blog to reblog something with a creepy comment. Getting upset about the former, imo, is being petulant, but the latter is completely justified.

Me enjoying lolita and ddlg aren't related in any way, shape or form, and I don't involve them with each other period.

>>8579280
>being this retarded
shiggydiggy

>> No.8579300

>>8571594
>>8571707

Honestly, I'm somebody who is into the ddlg deal (in a nonsexual manner), and I 100% people's issues. I keep my private life exactly that-- private. Which is what everybody should do, involving anything possibly sexual or could make people uncomfortable. I don't involve anybody else, because that's fucking weird and would make anybody uncomfortable.

It's one thing for somebody's blog to just happen to post ddlg things occasionally (not a porn blog, or a primarily ddlg blog) and reblogging a picture of lolita, and for a straight up 90% porn blog to reblog something with a creepy comment. Getting upset about the former, imo, is being petulant, but the latter is completely justified. I personally think it's 100% fine to enjoy both things separately, but that might just be me and my slight personal bias.

Me enjoying lolita and ddlg aren't related in any way, shape or form, and I don't involve them with each other period.

>>8579280
>being this retarded
shiggydiggy

>> No.8579360

>>8579276
Yes, that's why I mentioned it. I never said this applies to skinny people only. Just that it can be one of the factors why someone can eat much without getting fat.

>> No.8579591

>>8579112
Yup, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm venting because I know there's zero point in advising her away from the comm or the fashion. If anything, me saying anything would probably make her annoyed and make her rush into it even more quickly.

>>8579221
Agree 100%. If she does end up making a trainwreck/lolcow of herself it would be entirely her fault. I'm venting because I don't want to see it happen to her, but there is nothing I can do to stop her.

>> No.8582385

>can't go to college cause dad got ready sick and was dying back in april until june
>got better but couldn't take care of my young brother
>missed a bunch of classes and days
>lost financial aid
>has to appeal but hospital doesn't want to give me records of my dad being in there
>took the summer as a break because I literally need the break from all the stress
>wants to get a job now to help aupport my little brotherin his last year of HS
>mom blaming me for not going back to school but doesn't know I lose financial aid due to my dad's illness
>applies to every job possible
>goes outside during the morning until 11pm searching for help wanted signs
>always come home tired and disappointed
>BF was lucky enough to find a job and is helping me support my brother
>bf is killing himself by working over 70 hours a week just to help me
>finally hears reply from a retail job
>tells me since I have no prior experience and never have had a job, they can't give me work
>crying all night
>been over 2 weeks since last applying over 10 different jobs
>Considering camming and whoring myself out
>selling all my brand to some friends
>really considering camming to make money

Idk what to do, I really need a job but I live in a small ass town, no one wants to give work unless its to underage high schoolers and all the job agencies just send you to jobs an hour+ away from here. I just need a job so my bf can stop taking extra hours just so we can have extra money to give to my younger brother so he can buy himseld food because my dad is married to a gold digger who buys herself a new 100+ pair of shoes a day and doig plastic surgeries ever so often and my mom us a woman with no job who only gets 700 from some rents she gets but we always are left with 20 dollars to eat with for 2 weeks. Only my bf is supporting me and my brother is showing signs of depression which isn't good and I can't find a job and the only thing that made me feel beautiful was lolita and can't have it anymore.

>> No.8582409

>>8582385
Shit anon, that's one hell of a situation. Where are you from?

>> No.8582413

>>8582385
Have you considered getting into financial domination, sex lines, selling used shoes/panties? They can be more lucrative than cam whoring

>> No.8582419

>>8582409
From a small town in the West Coast. No one in my comm knows about my situation expect two friends who are willing to buy my shit and keep it until I can buy them back. Lucky those two girls are loners and don't go to meets at all so I ain't outting myself out. But holy shit man, life is shitty and I am gainning weight due to stress. I had a gofundme set up on tumblr to help pay bills and food while my dad was in the hospital but it never got donations after a month. I gotta just start taking adult responsibilites and suck it up and do what I can for my brother since he is my only family.

>>8582413
What is financial domination? Like getting a sugar daddy? And selling used panties doesn't sound that bad. I just need to find a way to make money that doesn't involve me doing cam because that is my last resort. Might look into the panties and sex line business though. Thanks for the ideas anon.

>> No.8582425

>>8582419
Guys get off on women bankrupting them = you demand they send you money and brag about how you don't care if they have to eat out of a dumpster. You have to have a hard heart for this, join findom.

>> No.8582431

>>8582419
https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/findom?lang=en-gb

>> No.8582432

>>8582425
I think I would like this but man, idk if I can do it if its a old man who is retired. I mean I told ppl if someone with money told me to make them go broke, I would do it but talk is talk and doing the walk is different. And I found a site just know and wow....its...hardcore? Do you do this anon? If ya do, can we discuss this via email? I am a bit interested I think

>> No.8582433

>>8554422
>calls me stupid for liking the original more
Some people who are trashing you don't seem to get the point... "friend" insults anon for liking something in the original, esp. since the orig. helped anon through a hard time.

There's nothing wrong with liking dub/sub, but insulting anon for it is ridiculous and stupid.

I'm sorry that your "friend" is such shit anon. I know what it's like to have something you like belittled and people completely missing the deeper meaning behind it.

>> No.8582434

>>8582385
Why don't you see if your bf's company will hire you part time. Then he won't have to work 70 hours and they won't be paying you benefits.

>> No.8582436

>>8582432
You never find out about the guy sending it unless you ask. And I don't, its just something I've been considering. If you decide to take the plunge, never admit you need the money. Pretend you're spending their hard eaned cash on frivolous stuff, it makes them wanna send more.

>> No.8582442

>>8582434
He works in a restaurant with really bad bosses and bad working conditions. Usually ppl leave within the first week because of it, we tried getting me to work as a part time but his stupid bosses don't even know how to set up a decent schedule and made me lose more time when I could of been searching for jobs. I hate living in a small town for this same reason, very few stores to apply for, very little jobs, I would drive an hour to work but the gas here is almost $4.50 a gallon, it pretty much kills your savings. I been trying to work at schools to but they just want volenteers which sucks.

>>8582434
Ohh I see. I thought they need to know who you are and you need to know who they are and where you live and stuff. Seems interesting but I will consider it if by Tuesday I don't get called in for interviews or for job offers.

>> No.8582571

>>8582385
I'm guessing you already tried this, but has your dad tried contacting the hospital directly for the records or going in person? They are legally obligated to give them to him (they might just be giving you the runaround because your name doesn't match and they don't give a fuck about your situation). Also, if your brother is a minor and lives with your mom, how the hell is he not paying child support?

>> No.8582810

>>8577386
The sudden "it's snowing so now I'm a dude" transtrender changes are stupid as fuck but I could understand someone changing from lesbian to bi to lesbian again etc. because I've been there and sexuality is confusing as fuck. But yeah, the "he/him pronouns, also I'm wearing lolita today but if you misgender me you are scum even though yesterday I used she/her" people are annoying

>> No.8582832

>>8582571
Whole different story about child support but to put it simply
>Mom is a stupid woman
>never applied child support for 8+ years
>sold our house without telling us and had to move schools, house, and city in 3 days
>brother went to live with dad until moving is done
>lived in a fucking motel for 3 months cause stupid woman and her boyfriend
>brother never came back after getting a house
>still lives with dad until this day cause high school

So she regrets never getting child support and making my brother live with us, I go visit him weekly but that has stopped since my father getting sick which I lived in his house for 4 months until July. Brother wants to live with me since he lives in a shitty environment but my mom's place is just as bad cause shitty possessive bf comes her 5 times a week and it's fucking creepy. Would love to get a place of my own to take in my brother. And my dad has tried going in person but they told him they can't give him any records even though it's in his right to get them. I guess he didn't explain well since english isn't his first language and the struggle is real in that sense. Might just go down there with him to get them documents.

>> No.8582867

>>8582425
>If I want to RAPE YOUR WALLET, I WILL! If I want to MAKE A COMPLETE FUCKING ASS out of you, I WILL! If I want to DRAIN YOU mentally, emotionally, or financially I WON’T HESITATE or THINK TWICE!! YOUR ASS WILL BE MINE!!! BLEEDING YOU DRY and STRIPPING YOU of all your DIGNITY, TEARING AWAY your PRIDE piece by piece will be MY PLEASURE… NOT YOURS.

>If you fail to abide by my terms, I WILL call your bluff and post the information you provide me in every place possible, making you out to be the biggest fucking loser in the world for all to see. After all this IS an EXTREME form of Financial Domination at it’s finest, so DO NOT think this is going to be an EASY RIDE!

Damn

>> No.8582871

>>8582832
>I guess he didn't explain well since english isn't his first language and the struggle is real in that sense. Might just go down there with him to get them documents.

There was actual a story I read in one of my textbooks (a real story) where a woman was talking about how her mother had a hard time getting people to listen to her because of her bad English, so she'd often pretend to be her mother on the phone even as a child and she had to go to the hospital with her mom to advocate for her. People would rather tell a person that doesn't speak their language well no than actually try and help them.

>> No.8582920

>>8582442
Could you maybe try tutoring or something? Sorry to hear about your situation though, I hope things will get better for you soon.

>> No.8582936

>>8582867
Ikr like its so weird to see ppl get off on this. I am curious about this but damn, maybe my heart can't be that cruel.

>>8582920
Thanks anon. I hope to get into a better situation soon. I might try asking if I could do tutoring but my skills aren't great except in science.

>>8582871
I don't have a hard time to believe this since I seen it first hand how just becaude of small language barrier, ppl won't help cause of it. Its a bit sad especially when it happens at places where you seek help like a doctor's office but I am lucky enough to be fluent in both English and Spanish and am able to help random ppl out at times.

>> No.8582947

Lolita wasn't always about being perfect, and while I'm not an anti-bullying person, it bothers me a little that we aren't allowed to experiment without fear of being ostracized by our "friends". I don't own a lot of lolita clothing, not because it's inconvenient or expensive (though it is), but because anytime I've been around a group of lolitas, there's a competitive, petty atmosphere where we're vying to be the alpha loli. It feels stupid and makes me kind of hate going online to see what has recently been released. So I don't associate with Lolita publicly or even use its name, and I just hang out with my normalfag friends who think I'm eclectic. I'm probably a little ita, but I'll never get posted here.

>> No.8583723

>bid on book on ebay
>win the auction while i'm sleeping cuz time difference
>wake up to find that not only have i won the auction, but the seller has also messaged me 10+ times (i slept for 7 hours), and opened up a dispute calling me a scammer
>tell them i don't want the book anymore because what the actual fuck

ebay said they're gonna penalize me for it but i don't give a shit. talk about a shitty seller.

>> No.8583724

>>8583723
Damn I'd hate to see how they try to date.

>> No.8583878

>>8582385
>>8582419
>>8582442
>>8582832
>>8582936
Established healthcare systems might have forms on their website for medical history requests. From there everything can be faxed (or emailed in some cases).

You sound like you've never been job hunting so I'll give you some advice. The hardest thing is getting scheduled for an interview. To increase your chances, fill out an application and ask for manager directly. It may seem weird if you've never tried it before, but it's a pretty common practice so don't sweat it. When you meet them, be congenial and sell yourself as a people person. Smile ALL the time. If they like you, they'll schedule an interview. Have ingratiating answers for all the bullshit questions they have. The questions are just retard filters so don't feel bad if you have to embellish. Some questions might include "how do you handle pressure," "what's your biggest weakness," "why do you want to work HERE," etc. Look them up. Describe the person they want you to be and, again, remember to smile.

>> No.8584552

>>8582385
>BF working 70 hours a week
>really considering camming to make money

If he's killing himself to work all that for you I don't think he'd be okay with you doing that
Speaking as a man, yes it would take some pressure off, but that doesn't mean he'd want it. I certainly wouldn't.

>> No.8584595

>>8584552
this. don't be a whore just because

>> No.8584605

>>8553867
I had some girl talk to me back and forth asking a bunch of questions about sizing, having me take photos and weigh and whatever, and then she has the nerve to ask me for $250 off the asking price (which is $500).

>> No.8589316 [DELETED] 

>almost all of my brand is gift from parents
>drama mongeler in a comm 3 hours away determined to start shit with me for some reason
>idek this bitch
>she's is actually super determined to start shit with me and I have no idea why
>literally over 95% of my wardrobe is actually Taobao or Bodyline
>only own brand because my parents get me 1 brand item/year for Christmas

>> No.8589321

>almost all of my brand is gift from parents
>drama mongeler in a comm 3 hours away determined to start shit with me for some reason
>idek this bitch
>she's is actually super determined to start shit with me and I have no idea why
>literally over 95% of my wardrobe is actually Taobao or Bodyline
>pretty much only own brand because my parents get me 1 brand item/year for Christmas except some accessories and socks that I get for myself

>> No.8590884
File: 45 KB, 600x600, 1440685819604.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8572003
Oh sweetie! I really hope it all turns out okay for you honestly. I really wish your dad well and that everything will end up being fine, but if the worst comes - I hope you guys will find a way through!