[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 55 KB, 600x600, cutejumper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8530940 No.8530940 [Reply] [Original]

We all know that when you only just start wearing Lolita, you do make many mistakes and most of times end up looking ita. But then we all learn and create our unique style within Lolita fashion.

But what if someone doesn't learn on their many mistakes, and even after years and years still look like they just got into the fashion?
Do you know Lolitas like that?
I'm not after drama or bitching. Just curious why some don't learn...

>> No.8531160

Hildekitten is easily the worst offender.

>> No.8531164
File: 605 KB, 832x467, wonderita.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The notorious Wonderita.

>> No.8531257

that one french moitie ita

>> No.8531258

These people tend to be thick and incapable of learning anything in life, generally. It's no surprise that they'd fail to improve at lolita.

>> No.8531286

>>8530940
A lot of the problem with this sort of people is that they have a hard time letting things go. Their "idea" of lolita is so set on a certain way, or the idea that they truly can look good for 50$, that they never seek improvement because they just want to settle for their own mistaken ideal.

>> No.8532912
File: 1.88 MB, 400x224, 1431226590213.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Theres a girl in my comm who got into it about the same time as me. Never cuts her bangs and just accessorizes horrendously. She wears brand but she makes it look like trash. Because we got into it at the same time I tried to help her but eventually I gave up and it makes me kind of sad that she just wont learn.

>> No.8533016
File: 51 KB, 640x390, monkey_anus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8532912
My comm has someone like that, too. She's been wearing "lolita" for longer than I have but still looks like she's wearing babby's first coord every time. At some point she acquired a brand skirt and thought that made her hot shit, even though she coorded it with a t-shirt, converse and a stuffed animal. Most girls in my comm dress well and the ones that don't know better than to attend super fancy meets, but this girl thinks she's one of the better lolitas in the area simply because she's been in the comm so long. It's awkward to see these pictures taken at beautiful locations with 99% people dressed amazingly to the nines and then this one chick in a t-shirt and converse and holding a stuffed animal.
I do feel a bit bad for her, though, because I think she may be a bit mentally slow. Whenever I'm at a meet with her (which is every meet I attend because this girl goes to everything) I feel like I should be looking out for her, like she'll get lost or something if none of us is babysitting her. It would explain why she hasn't improved whatsoever in years.

>> No.8533080

I am that Lolita who improves slowly. I don't share photos online and don't belong to a community so its hard to get the 'tough love' I need. I just bumble around reading the ita thread for things that are also relevant to myself. I have improved from a 1/10 Lolita to a 4/10 Lolita since lurking here though so that's something.

>> No.8533094

>>8533080
Have you tried selfposting in the coord help threads? You could block out your face and as long as you're gracious and accept criticism nobody will shit on you.
>community
>tough love
man I wish, my comm is an even bigger hugbox than CoF

>> No.8533147

>>8532912
>>8533016
Same here

There is this girl, one of the first ones... and every coord has an amazingly expensive main piece, coorded with shitty shoes (that are also dirty), shitty blouse and dirty shawl that barely matches. Not to mention her hair is always left down, awkward color, never accessories, but once a tree stick. Never makeup.
I feel embarrased to be next to her, but at least in pics the level is hidden, somehow.

I don't know why she does not improve, but she is really weird. Never says hi, and when she speaks is super nerdy/weird.

>> No.8533230

>>8530940
I am like this.
I mean, I got better to which I'm not an ita, but my style never evolved

>Ita years
>no internet to research fashion
>ask better lolitas for help
>everyone in comm blows me off and tells me its shit I should know already constantly
>comm members make secrets about me saying I dress like shit- find this out years later when I have internet
>no one helped me
>find /cgl/
>ask for help saying I have ___ dress and ___ accessories and not sure how to coord
>by deduction, comm members find out its me and tell me I dress like shit

at one point I was starry eyed about the fashion and willing to learn, but no one helped me, any criticism wasn't even helpful, just rude so I ignored it. I'm sure a lot of itas that never learn have received super harsh criticism instead of something nice and chose to look the other way the same way I have. I just wish someone was nice and helpful.

In the end, I learned, but keep my coords very very basic since I'm too scared to experiment. no wigs, under-accessorized, maybe a brand set if I'm feeling adventurous. I don't know how to accessorize and I'm scared of doing it wrong.

>> No.8533232

>>8533230
That's because lolita fashion is largely populated by autistic women, I wouldn't take it too close to heart.

>> No.8533281

>>8533230
your comm is full of assholes, wow.

>> No.8533292

I feel like I was a longtime ita, putting together okay at best, really ita at worst outfits for about two years. I didn't really improve until I had more money to spend on it, since I'd always being trying to make the most of what iffy pieces I had from Bodyline and whatever loliable bits I could find in normal shops.

As soon as I got a taste for what suited me better, I was fine, thankfully, and I've been reasonably confident in my style for about four years or so now. I'm still not groundbreaking, but I'd say I'm reasonably good-tier.

>> No.8533294

>>8533230
Sounds like you're not really a perma-ita and your comm is full of dicks. I posted >>8533016 and goodness knows we've tried to help our perma-ita in the nicest way possible but she always brushes us off. Like we've tried to get her to ditch her random t-shirts for a nice blouse and even linked her to a page where someone was selling a cute offbrand blouse in her size for really cheap, but she just cried about not having money. A few days later at a meet she spent like $20 at Starbucks, which is how much that blouse was selling for. I guess there are girls out there who received unnecessarily harsh criticism and that's not right either, but some girls just don't want to improve no matter how nicely you treat them.

>> No.8533301

>>8533230
Ypur comm is full of cunts. Next time they pull this shit, stain their fucking dress.

>> No.8533318

I might be like this?

I'm mostly into old school which just ends up looking ita in my comm eyes. But I have no interest in wearing the newer lolita it doesn't appeal to me it never has. Its costume-ish and impractical. I've been wearing old school since it was the standart.

It makes me wonder, Do people expect the girls into old school right now to just "evolve" out of it?

>> No.8533323

>>8533318
If you're actually wearing oldschool and not ita, then your comm sounds like a bunch of new-wave idiots.

>> No.8533351

My comm has several non evolving girls. There issue is based on money - they won't put forth the cash to buy legit blouses and accessories so they look like crap. They've been in the fashion for years. I understand not having money, but if you are really into lolita you will invest something into the proper accessories.

I get especially annoyed cause they talk about my purchases (cause I haven't been in the fashion as long), but I don't think they realize it's all about priorities. The fact is you can either be really good at one hobby or mediocre at several. For the longest time lolita was the only thing I spent my disposable income on.

Sorry for the rant, but unless you're rich you can't be into a ton of hobbies/collecting - choose one and make it happen if you want to good, and don't talk shit about "elitists" if you're not willing to make the same investment.

>> No.8534187

>>8533318
Pay them no mind and be old school. They're idiots for not bothering to look beyond sweet.