[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 61 KB, 639x357, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8527980 No.8527980 [Reply] [Original]

Post cgl-related things that have been bothering you lately.

Let me start: comm members who act so "higher-than-thou" in general, not just in lolita. Shut up.

>> No.8528012

>>8527980
>comm members who act so "higher-than-thou" in general

This is just people everywhere. Undeserving people who think they're great. I mean have you seen those tumblr posts that are like "Don't try to kill yourself. You are incredible." Fucking Hitler could be reading that. You don't know who you're telling is incredible. They don't get to be awesome just by reading your Tumblr posts.

The people who actually work really hard don't brag about it. Normally because we're making money and can go out and do fun things instead of inflate our own balloons.

>> No.8528029

>Getting cosplay commissioned

>Finished completely paying commission a month ago.

>Only update I got was "anon I bought some fabric today"

>con about a month away getting worried.

>Ask how everything is going.

>I JUST cut some patterns for the skirt.

>No pics yet but she promises she will have some this weekend.

>Weekend but nothing

I'm not expecting her to finish the cosplay in a month, but at least keep your costumers updated. I have no idea what the fuck is going on with the costume.

>> No.8528031

>>8528029
I would straight up ask her what is going on. If she had other commissions ahead of you, she should have told you.

>if it were me, I would demand a refund if it's not done by the con

>> No.8528035

People who invite friends who don't even wear Lolita to meets, because they wanna try wearing "butler style" and then make the whole thing awkward. He's not here for lolita, he's here to flirt with you, act like this is his own personal maid cafe and it's really fucking awkward.

>> No.8528042

My comm is so dear right now. All we have is a girl who hates everything about lolita and is still a lolita and girl posting adverts for her resin shop. I want to have more meets.

>> No.8528045

>>8527980
bitch doing a panel for AWA . i wish someone could sabotage it..
fucking wannabe know it all

>> No.8528046

Basically irrelevant threads shitting up cgl when we aren't an active board to begin with.

>> No.8528094

Two shitposts on cgl obviously just to troll. Now we have to hear everyones life story about how the meanies on cgl bullied them.

>> No.8528099

>People who shit on other communities/subcultures without a bit of knowledge about what's going on

Like really? They think we hate ElleJay because she was wearing a hijab lmao

>> No.8528101

>>8528099
Where is this happening?

>> No.8528123

>>8528101
https://kiwifar.. ms/threads/lolita-community-1000-more-backstabbing-than-youd-expect.11331/

Some things they say are true but the Muslim one? Some people just don't like the hijab, some people just hate what's under the hijab.

>> No.8528129

>>8528094
Honestly I think those people are laughable most of the people posted here deserve it honestly.

>> No.8528146

I don't give a shit about Love Live or any idol anime for that matter, but the Love Live hate anon(s) is/are getting on my nerves because they're clogging up threads with their stupid posts.
Yeah I get these posts are supposed to bait the Love Live fans into getting super defensive and it worked but I just wanna post about how done I am with Steven Universe, not wade through all of your bullshit.

>> No.8528153

>>8528099
man I visit the farms for PT drama but these guys have no idea what the fuck they're talking about when it comes to a lot of things and they just assume and make up so much. I have a million "informative" ratings for correcting and posting links to facts.

>> No.8528161

>>8528146
>I just wanna post about how done I am with Steven Universe

Me, too, anon. I tried to like the show because half my friends do, but it's just so cringey and frankly the art is an eyesore. The worst part is that it's absolutely everywhere and I can't avoid it no matter how hard I try. I'm seriously considering unfollowing some lolitas on tumblr because they won't stop reblogging it, and they don't even tag it half the time. This past AX was overrun with crappy SU cosplays, probably done by the very same people who shit on anime fans for "cultural appropriation". I wish SU fans (and superwholockstuckwhatever) would stop using anime cons/Japanese media communities as their meeting places. They don't belong and they're starting to push out actual anime content.

>> No.8528190

>>8528012
Who hurt you anon

>> No.8528211

My comm just accepted a new person. She's so ghetto I can't wait to see her coords. Like she introduced herself as being a "Lolita Seamstress"... So I went and looked at her page and it's all her in generic club wear with her ass towards the camera. And then I got upset.

>>8528012
Well, Hitler did kill himself... eventually. My thing is if some person you've never met before making some post on the internet is stopping you from killing yourself then you didn't actually want to kill yourself did you?

>> No.8528255
File: 92 KB, 500x667, ron is close to death.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8528161
I'm not gonna bitch at you for not liking SU. That's an argument that's best left in pruned threads on /co/.

However, I do like the show quite a bit, and it pains me to see that the fanbase is rapidly becoming Homestuck 2.0.

This especially sucks when you’ve spent months total making props and outfits for upcoming cons knowing that your only reward will be a bunch of honest to god 0/10 cosplayers following you around. And I want absolutely NOTHING to do with a bunch of screaming tumblrina children with unsealed body paint who would “glomp” me at the slightest opportunity.

I’m gonna be doing an outfit at an upcoming con, and I’m confident that it’ll put such a horrid taste in my mouth that I’ll never get near SU again, at lest as far as cosplay is concerned. I’m only doing it because I’ve spent too much time and effort into crafting props to just let them dust in the closet. And I REFUSE to sell them to any other SU cosplayer that I don’t know personally, for fear that some abysmal hamplanet would end up parading around with my stuff.

>> No.8528346

I'm sick of the newfags in my comm. GET A FUCKING COORD TOGETHER, ASSHOLES. Showing up in normalfag clothes just to "check things out" is only acceptable ONCE, not over and over. Fuck.

>> No.8528347

>>8528153
>>8528153
Ah, that means you had/have an account then? I wish someone would step in their and tell them a thing or two about lolita, and stop assuming we all hate Muslims.
>what is opinion
Some people don't like it in the style, some people do. Doesn't mean the good amount of us hate it for it. Besides, someone needs to remind them they have no say on an anonymous high grounds. In all honesty, if that website didn't have rules preventing it, half of those people would be saying so much assholish things to Chris(tine), PT, and the other lolcow. Point is, because it's anonymous people are going to be more assholes than usual.
I would do it myself, but it'll probably look pretty foolish for me to make an account for one thread. Additionally, I really hate to go against the general opinion of a community. As I can see most of them already formed opinions such is
"It's all from anime."
"Anime fans are usually crazy"
"They are all a bunch of stuck up weebs"
"They're just mad because Muslim lolita look better than them"
And I don't want to go in there, say something stupid and get laughed at.

>> No.8528356

>"where should I start with cosplay?"
>"what character should I cosplay?"
>"I don't know anything about sewing, how do I start cosplaying?"

JUST
FUCK
OFF

do a google search, cosplay a character you LIKE, and learn to fucking sew. it's not hard.

>> No.8528387

One girl in charge of my comm is a dramacow. She makes rude comments behind people's backs and has to plan meetups her way or she gets pissy about others thinking she's incapable (which she kinda is). She even threatened to leave lolita because we were tired of her posting random shit in our FB group. I don't understand how hard it is to be polite and respectful to fellow adults.

>> No.8528412 [DELETED] 

>Photographing friends at a con with my dslr
>Tagalong acquaintance pulls out her iPhone
>"I'll take photos of you too! I can shoot in HDR mode!"
>Spends the entire photoshoot literally underfoot, standing in the spots I need for the right angle, telling the cosplayers to change poses before I'm ready
>At one point I literally run into her before she finally moves.

>> No.8528617

>"I wish more people did X!"

do you do X?

>"No because not enough people do it."

you dense motherfuckers.

>> No.8528658

>>8528255
I loved Steven Universe the moment I saw the first few episodes on Cartoon Network (because I'm mentally ten years old) but now I can't talk about it without driving away sane people because they think I'm a crazy tumblr homestuckaboo sjw, or attracting all the crazy tumblr homestuckaboo sjws who I can't fucking stand.
Fandom ruins everything I love.

>> No.8528669

People who make someone else's issue ENTIRELY about themselves. Who needs to write an essay on how the issue has affected you rather than how it affected your friend? Why can she not speak? Why even make a scene? How self absorbed can one person possibly be?

>> No.8528680

>>8528658
Same.
Why does tumblr have to shit on everything good though?

>> No.8528693

>>8528387
Which comm? Sounds familiar.

>> No.8528698

>>8528658
This is so accurate. This happened with Welcome to Night Vale for me as well.

>> No.8528710

Trying to buy lavender things is such a pain in the ass. I recently bought shoes socks and a blouse that were all completely different colours and so I can't use them in my coord that I had planned. It's so frustrating and there really isn't much I can do about it when I am buying things off the internet. I have this problem with mint as well.

>> No.8528742

>>8528669
Oh god yes this so much.

Worse is people who make themselves involved in things that they shouldn't even be involving themselves in but you know they only do it to look like some kind of hero saving the day. Nine times out of ten they make it so much worse.

Let the people involved actually be the only ones involved; and only let them speak up. No one needs a representative to talk on their behalf.

>> No.8528745

>>8528255
That Steven is the size of a Universe.

>> No.8528891

The exchange rate makes buying items for any sort of cgl purpose fucking painful. I have student loans to pay off so I try not to spend too much money on hobby stuff so this 0.76 cents per 1 USD bullshit is suffering.

>> No.8528900

>>8528211
DC?

>> No.8529101

If I see one more fucking Madoka cosplayer who cut their wig with straight across bangs I'm going to puke down their throat. Her bangs aren't like that. At all. How fucking stupid do you have to be to think she has straight across bangs? Fuck it is literally my biggest pet peeve.

>> No.8529110

>>8528900
>>8528900
Yes. I mean what's the point of screening people before they join if that's what you're letting thru. I know we aren't the best dressed comm (and I am ok with that since everyone is so nice) but come on. I can already hear her eyes rolling into the back of her head when she hears me say where I am from.

>> No.8529128

>>8528710
I feel this, I'm considering selling my lavender Shadow Dream Carnival jsk because I cannot coord it with anything, even after buying a lot of lavender accessories.

>> No.8529179

>>8528045
who!

>> No.8529363

>>8529110
Give her a chance. Our comm obviously doesn't choose members based on how well they dress, and we really don't know what she dresses like. She could be a great dresser, or a really nice person.

I don't even mind that half our comm is kind of ita because everyone is nice and meets are fun. Plus it's nice to show up to a meet and be the best dressed.

>> No.8529478

>>8528745
I loled

>> No.8529508

I'm very new at cosplay, only have about 4 costumes made by me for myself and my boyfriend. So many of my "friends" were all "oh looks hard good luck" when I was teaching myself how to sew, and now all the sudden it's "anon-chan I want to cosplay xyz, can you "help me". so I try to "help" and it's like, "oh but that fabric is expensive can you pick it up? you can use the extra!", and "oh I tried to sew this but it's haaard can you help me"
so now I'm a "bitch" for not "helping" but whatever tbh

>> No.8529555

I'm one of the "lolita is a fashion, not a culture or costume" types.

It really annoys me when I see people trying to act like lolita is somehow special. You don't have to act a certain way to be a "real" lolita. You can put on lolita and smoke, eat sloppy cheeseburgers and pizza, burp your baby, own 3 cats 5 dogs and a horse, and cut up your brand if you want. It's clothing, not a secret club.

>> No.8529566

>>8528347
You don't need an account to post on the farm. People have tried explaining lolita but that's just met with "LOL WHATEVER UR JUS WEEBS N EVERY1 THINKS U LOOK RETARTED" which I always thought was funny because if you're not a weeaboo in some way what are you doing on a board dedicated to discussing the Queen of Weebs?

>> No.8529582

>>8529555
If it's just clothes with zero subculture attached, why do brands throw elaborate tea parties and events in Japan and when they come overseas? Why not just sell us the clothes and be done with it?

>> No.8529598

I'm literally the most well put together lolita in my comm/area and I'm only just buying my first brand now. The only other lolitas are one chick who thinks sweet lolita and hime-gyaru are the same thing and some DIY lolitas who the only stuff I've seen from them is like someone told them what someone else told them what lolita was.
I used to be in a more active comm while in college and coming back to this bullshit just makes me upset cause other than the one sweet-hime the rest are to the level where trying to teach them would probably take more time than it's worth.

>> No.8529609

>cut hair for a cosplay
>'anon, if you hadn't cut your hair, you could do cute braids like this low-lita'
>friends love my new hair
>almost got fired from work over it
>have to wear a wig when elderly family is over so I don't raise questions

>anon, you've gone through 5 hairstyles in the last year, just pick one

>> No.8529813

>>8529363
yeah but nothing about her profile gives you an idea that she is interesting in Lolita. That's all that I meant by the "why screen" thing. Idk I'll give her a go but I have a feeling she's someone that I will just avoid.

>> No.8529815

>>8529555
You see the thing about this is on it's own any fashion in general is a pretty lame thing Lolita included.

The culture surrounding it and it's strict guidelines is what makes it interesting. Other wise you are just putting on nice looking clothes. Something I do everyday.

>> No.8529836

>>8528669
AKA Kate

>> No.8529846

>>8529609
what did you cut it as?

>> No.8529905
File: 59 KB, 1031x705, binbougami-ga-momiji.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Guess I'll pitch in, then
A handful of cosplaying girls who have a modicum of attractiveness in my community are unimaginably fickle, self-obsessed & surround themselves with a handful of men each, even if they have boyfriends. They're addicted to melodrama & stupid decisions when it comes to their own livelihoods, or types of people from whom they seek validation from. They also have these transparent habits of saying whatever they think would please someone, or saying something really non-related in a monotone voice, just to shut down a conversation or draw you into their script.

We had a small & less-than-impressive convention over the weekend just there. The drinks were expensive, I'm not even sure there were many decent seats. And the clusters surrounding these women as well as the women themselves, they ALL malfunctioned, & broke down over the weekend, & practically wasted their own time & money, as well as the good moods of everyone around them. Must have been the blue moon we had.

I gave them a wide berth & left them to their fate. Whoever was left, we made the most of it & had ourselves some raucous bantering. I even caught an underage drinker, & it was one of their 1st conventions! It felt like I was leaving a good impression with the everyone there, & that despite the fallout, we enjoyed the evening. Even friended a girl over Fb from it.

Meanwhile at least one of those women were problem drinking, & wading themselves into a nightclub of all places to wrangle some other unfortunate soul. The other ones, I can hope they're less destructive but I doubt it.

>> No.8529941

For the love of the father, the son, and the holy spirit, wear some goddamn deodorant. It's hot, and murky and one of you hoes just smells musty as fuck. How the fuck is a nigga supposed to enjoy a delicious red velvet cupcake when all of a sudden the scent of moist, fragrant anus just wafts over all up inside my nostrils uninvited. Frankly, I feel fucking violated. Learn to bathe properly, you gorilla-scented heifer.

>> No.8529951

>>8529508
Good for you for not being a doormat.

>> No.8529957

>>8529941
I love you anon

>> No.8529992

>invite friend to event
>"Anon, I can't go anymore, I have a kidney infection and can't walk!"
>friend posts multiple photos of her and other friends out on the town partying.
>feels bad man

>> No.8530006

>>8529582
That's called marketing.

>> No.8530009

This girl in our comm has decided she's going to become an e-famous lolita and made a giant post about it.

Little does she know that we all find her extremely annoying and nobody cares.

What is with everybody and trying to become e-famous lately?

>> No.8530025

SJW shit at cons.

No I don't care about Gamergate. No I don't want to hear about politics. No I don't want to hear about how you sent an email to Funimation to tell Japanese animators to stop sexualizing women. Just stop.

>> No.8530039

>>8529905
>a handful of cosplaying girls who have a modicum attractiveness
More like all girls who have a modicum of attractiveness.

I've seen a tabletop club at my high school go to shit just because of this.

>> No.8530075

I just want to find a chill cosplay friend who don't give fucks about having a cosplay 'face/page'.

Mutual friend was getting into cosplay, had a few good cons together. Now she is more invested in becoming another *famous* cosplayer.
Like I am all for sharing your photos and shit, but come on.
I don't want to be your fan.

>> No.8530082

>>8530039
4chan is 18+, faggot, nobody wants to hear about your high school.

>> No.8530085

>>8530082
Usually if you're above 18 it's assumed you've graduated high school.

>> No.8530108

>>8528347
The person you replied to here. No matter how much they're corrected and given real inside facts (I'm a lolita so clearly I have firsthand experience with the community and stuff) it doesn't matter because the next post will be someone making a stupid random assumption and everyone will immediately accept it as fact. It's a lot like PULL in that way.
>>8529566
Also this.
It's really bizarre how spiteful they are against lolitas and are ready to say they hate muslims and are all broken in the head ageplayers despite having ZERO previous knowledge about lolita. They won't even look things up. Only this week have they been told what BTB is and they're going crazy thinking all lolitas contribute to it and that's how every lolita thinks. Maybe they're warped because all they know about lolita is though PT or maybe they're just retarded dramamongers (probably the latter).

>> No.8530240

>>8529846
Eddie Gluskin from Outlast Whistleblower, so it's completely shaved on the sides. It used to be half way down my back

>> No.8530243

>>8530108
okay I just posted a big thing in their lolita thread. hopefully people read it. I read the whole thread in one go and it was so embarrassing.

>> No.8530346

>>8529101
Some people cut wigs how they find most flattering. I can also see why they'd interpret it that way. Why so mad anon? Did your madoka cosplay not look as good?

>> No.8530386

>>8529101
A minute of google later and, my god you are fucking right, everything is either the horrible sideswept bang or completely straight. You can tell some wigs just came with those bangs and they are pretty short, and some people did try style them a bit into the proper shape, but they are very few.
And all the fucking people who made the effort of doing the wings for god madoka simply forgot to do the little wings on her legs, what the fuck is up with that?

I didn't need to realize this, anon, now I'm frustrated too.

>> No.8530451

There is this girl in my comm who left as an ita many years ago, and has returned...as an ita. She came in guns blazing saying no one better talk shit about her lack of petticoats and wanting to wear cat ears with shit that doesn't have cats on it (because "lolita is for everyone and fuck your rules"). Aside from her super ita ways, she's my friend on fb cause we both share a common interest. Anyway, I'm planning a high tea meet up for my birthday and I REALLY don't want to invite her, at all. I think she'll ruin it...but idk how to go around not inviting her but inviting my other loli friends...please help me gulls!

>> No.8530455

>>8530451
>have limited number of spots
>or say it's only for close friends

I would go for close friends, and then when you post pics, just say that it was a small get together with close friends to celebrate your birthday

>> No.8530495

>be a con photog
>forget all but one SD card
>way too afraid to shoot RAWs because i'll fill up the SD card way too fast
>shoot in JPEG
>start editing pictures
>holy shit the quality is so bad

KILL ME

>> No.8530503

Having to explain that lolita is not at all pedophilic and related to the book to a normy on Facebook for 15 plus posts and examples for half a day and still not getting through to hwr. I gave up. Apparently you can only be a feminist if you were clothes that are not girly and approved by her. Because telling women what they can or cannot wear is what feminism was made for.

>> No.8530514

>>8528255
This is same for me and Dramatical murder.
(Spends months making working spinning aoba headphones, Makes a real pony tail in the wig, blue eye lashes even) Annoyed and molested by other random dmmd fans who don't even have proper foot wear or contacts, clear's don't even have moles which are easy to paint on.
But really though i'm sure you all are "Fuck dmmd anyway" and you're right.

>> No.8530515

>>8530009
Screenshots?

>> No.8530518
File: 279 KB, 591x348, loli_pokes_by_brianabaldwin-d69nqzw.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have you guys ever seen a "lolita" anime character and straight up think "this bitch is ita as fuck!" Or does this only happen to me?

>> No.8530521

>>8528045
lmao who are you and why are you so mad at me

>> No.8530533

>>8530518

I'm pretty sure anime and manga lolita is how a lot of people got into EGL. Going back to series with EGL characters makes me cringe. Too many illustrators just make lace monsters and call it a day.

For that matter, any series with genuinely good coords?

>> No.8530543
File: 101 KB, 640x480, 3705_640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This was a show on nick

>> No.8530549

Maybe it's just a small weird quirk but there's a local photographer who has already crashed a few gatherings I've been in by taking away cosplayers for a private shoot in the middle of it or singling out cosplayers for a group shot. I know they the freedom to do so but man it makes the other cosplayers so uncomfortable that I wish they waited until the end to do it discreetly or something.

>> No.8530562

>>8530518
Nah don't worry. Most "lolita" anime designs are super ita.

>> No.8530565

>>8528710

I feel you on the lavender problem. Took me nearly a YEAR to find the proper color lavender to make a costume out of.

Looks like it's time for you to learn how to dye or sew.

>> No.8530571
File: 957 B, 200x200, liar1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8529992

send a nice little message telling her to cover her tracks better if she ever wants to be a good liar.

Or just this picture.

>> No.8530592

KPOP at anime conventions. I love KPOP, but it sometimes feels like the damn KPOP's goons constant attempts to inject themselves into an scene that mixes as well as a oil and water. KPOP is a Riajuu interest, anime is not meant for Riajuu. Stop bringing the merchandise over to the vendors halls and have cover dances for KPOP.

>> No.8530607

>>8530455
That is so brilliant! Thank you!

>> No.8530621

>>8528710
I'm trying to make a mono-lavender coord, kill me now. I have a matching set so my socks match my dress, but I will certainly have to sew my own blouse and probably paint my shoes. I do not want to end up with 5 pairs of useless non-matching lavender shoes in my wardrobe by ordering online.

>> No.8530683

Recently met a girl at a local con through a mutual friend and man, this bitch.
> greets me by grabbing my boobs
> shoves camera in my cleavage and takes a pic of my tits
> yells at me in the dressing room, turn around to see her shaking her bare tits at me
> pulls down my friends' bra while she's talking to me
> whines that she wants me to flash my boobs too
> thank god I was wearing an elaborate outfit with multiple layers or she would've tried undressing me

Why do people think it's fucking okay to do this shit? Life's not like your precious anime. It isn't cute to embarrass other girls like that and molest people because "teehee, we're both girls, no harm done". Worst of it was that I felt I couldn't go off on her because everyone around me was like "Calm down Anon. Leave her be, she's just trying to be funny."

So when a guy tries this shit he gets arrested but when a girl does it it's no biggie? What the fuck is up with that?

>> No.8530689

>>8530518
You need to see anime as taking samples from real life and doing a spin on them. This idea that they don't fit lolita real life "rules" is as weird as expecting Gundam uniforms to look exactly like modern Japanese ones.

>> No.8530715

>>8530543

Well damn. Left is actually pretty good, well, for a Nick show.

>> No.8530750

>>8530683
Fuck her and the people around you telling you not to be upset. That shit is entirely unacceptable. If you meet her again, please put her in her place.

>> No.8530762

>>8530683
slap the bitch

>> No.8530773

>>8530683
If someone did this to me I would give them a firm slap round the face and told to grow up.
Don't like my hand across your face then don't put yours on my tits.

>> No.8531229

>post sad story about how three of my dresses were stolen
>get banned for commenting on a cosplayer that namefags
>get asked to name and blame, cant because banned
>HURRDURR FAKE STORY

NIGGA I WOULD HAVE NAMED AND BLAMED IF I COULD HER FAT ASS PANCAKE-TITTIED NAME IS CHARLSIE AND SHE OWES ME A META DRESS AND TWO REPLICAS

YOU LOOK SHITTY IN CLASSIC WHORE

>> No.8531243
File: 185 KB, 436x633, happy-cat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8531229

>> No.8531250

>>8530592
Western stuff, too! Anime cons have been feeling more and more like general nerdcons lately and it sucks.

>> No.8531261

>>8530621
Yyyyup. That's the current hell I am going through. I am wanting to get white blouses and learn to dye them but that's easier said than done.
>>8530565
I am still pretty crap at sewing so I wouldn't be confident in wearing anything I make yet but like I said above I want to see if dying is an option I can try.

>> No.8531270

Krad Lanretes shitty service.

Need I say more.

>> No.8531289

>>8531250

The thing is that KPOP has no reason to butt their heads in a community that is supposed to be extremely hostile to Korean culture, KPOP acts like they own the roost because the internet hasn't made a big stink over their music while you get a bunch of negative press about Japanese idols or culture.

>> No.8531297

>>8530075
I honestly made a cosplay page so my personal fb wasn't saturated in it. It hasn't worked; I still get tagged in every cosplay photo. But honestly I don't actually want to be "friends" with everyone who takes a pic of me at a con.

>> No.8531339

>>8530715
Left is Angelic Pretty's Honey Cake. They bought real lolita brand clothes and altered them to be sexier.

>> No.8531346

>>8531229
She stole replicas? Good riddance, anon.

>> No.8531347

Fucking Lockshops shitty customer service

>> No.8531464

>>8531339
Not too happy that they ruined honey cake.

>> No.8531465

>>8531250
I would say comic cons are having this problem too. Too many movie stars and things that are just not comic book related. You can barely even find old comics for sale anymore at conventions.

>> No.8531622

>>8530009
Oh I had something similar happen in my comm not too long ago

>> No.8531641

>Hi, X.

Just stop.

>If you're not X, you must be one of her friends.

It may be hard to believe, but someone having a different opinion than you does not mean they have an ulterior motive. Especially on an anonymous image board. Nobody has incentive to lie about what they like, or what they think about paranoid seagulls.

You aren't half as clever as you think you are.

>> No.8531654
File: 6 KB, 144x150, toomuchsalt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8530592
wow, I understand what you are saying but its both a part of asian pop culture they are just trying to expose more people to it like anime cons have for Japanese culture.

>there is only one kpop specific con and there are how many anime/multi-fandom cons?

>> No.8531719

>>8531654

Kpop is for normies who wants to listen to Asian music without feeling embaraased. You stan them at concerts but you dont bring in Kpop at anime cons where there is a lot of haters of kpop for whatever reason. Let it be sexually mature women or pretty boys

>> No.8531745

>>8531641
This. Whatever faggot that's in the CoF thread being like "hi choke/choke's friend!!" needs to shut the fuck up.

>> No.8531775

>>8531297
This. I dont want every one I meet at a con to try to friend me on facebook. Having a cosplay page kinda filters that shit out. Also just nice to have a page where all the cosplay shit can get dumped in general.

On actual thread topic: awkward con nerds who latch into you/your group because they think one conversation/knowing who you are cosplaying as is enough of an invite to be besties for ever. Not to say that I HAVEN'T met people who became friends/I actually wanted to hang out with... but almost every con (especially at the small ones) there's always someone who LITERALLY has to be told to 'Go away'. And then they get HELLA offended when the actual words finally come out of your mouth since subtlety and normal human social signals are completely lost on them.

>> No.8531782

>>8531719
So then where does Jrock/pop come in? Pretty sure last I checked it was music too.
Another thing they both have in common.

>> No.8531813

>>8531782
Yes, Japanese music. Not Korean.

>> No.8531829

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND WHITE SAILOR STYLE SHORTS IN MY SIZE. ALL THE ONES THAT ARE STYLE I NEED ARE ASIAN SIZES.

I'm honestly tempted to commission someone.

>> No.8531957

>>8531813
Again, its about asian pop culture. Its 2015 it shouldn't be limited to one specific country. There is Korean manga and even Koreans who sing Japanese AND Korean.

>> No.8532021

>>8531829
Because fatties shouldn't wear white????

>> No.8532206

>>8532021
10/10 post, top kek

>> No.8532570

>>8531957

Cosplay as Manwah characters is fine. But kpop as a whole is aimed toward normies, not the geeky animu fandom who is normally a fan of jidol or non mainstream music in the west

>> No.8534004

Kawaii fashion/lolita contests are always so full of shit. Only e-famous lolitas win. Wtf is the point.

>> No.8534015

>>8531270
Explain

>> No.8534017
File: 78 KB, 217x241, dfc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8531641
Nice try Jnig!

>> No.8535011
File: 37 KB, 500x341, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>start up a cosplay group
>going to cosplay some stupid chick
>some guy in group posts on facebook our group and who's cosplaying who in the group
>forget to put me as stupid chick
>some bitch in the comments says she wants to be my character
>guy doesn't even tell her that she's already taken
>he likes the comment
>some bitch replaced me in the group I started myself

>> No.8535147

>>8535011
did you say anything or just let it happen

>> No.8535288

>>8535011
Fuck that shit. Just speak up and say that you're already cosplaying that character. Don't let some dumb asshole ruin your cosplans.

>> No.8535298

>>8534017
kek

>> No.8535302

>>8535011
Nah fuck that bitch. Just do the character yourself. Never do groups unless you can't be your favourite character, it's not worth it.

>> No.8535306

>>8535147
>>8535288
I personally don't know her so I don't wanna start shit. It's not her fault for not knowing anyway, I'm just mad my friend didn't speak up and say something even though he knows that I'm cosplaying her and I'm the one who even started the group in the first place.

>>8535302
Already planned on it! I'm doing the cosplay anyway, besides, her cosplays are shit so I'm guarunteed to look 100x better. And I'll be with my group more than she'll be with us because my group is hotel roomies.

>> No.8535307

>>8535306
had something similar happen in a group I am in, but we kicked the girl who replaced someone with her friend. SHE was the one who had to explain why her friend was being let down considering she caused the situation.
Stand up for yourself. You can do it.

>> No.8535327

>>8535306
I agree with >>8535307. It's that guy's fault it came to this. Tell him to explain it. And if he does't want to, comment something like "It seems that X forgot to add me to the list because I'm already cosplaying her."

Even if you're going to cosplay her regardless, it's best to let the other girl know, lest you get accused of stealing her character or trying to replace her in the group or some dumb shit like that.

>> No.8535343

Alright, I'm pissed.
I'm pissed at how a Lolita can fuck up so hard, treat people like dirt very publicly, and still have people come to defend her. People still let it blow the fuck over just like everything else shitty she's done. Banned from comms? No worries, it must have been a misunderstanding! Tries to humiliate people on her public facebook? It's her facebook, she can do what she wants! Abuses mod powers to continue harassing a girl? Teehee it's fine she can still mod! And where is LACE in all of this? Caring about as much as you'd expect, but that's a whole other story.
This girl has treated so many people like shit, but because she can sew a pair of bloomers everyone thinks she can do no wrong.

>> No.8535362

Am I the only one that thinks all Sweet Lolita looks the fucking same regardless of what brand it is? Usually the bright colours and blinding prints just blur together into some kind of pastely goopy smudge. The cuts are also so fucking similar I can't see the difference between Bodyline and AP.

>> No.8535369

>>8531654
But anime conventions aren't about "asian pop culture", they're about anime and Japanese pop culture as an acceptable extension of that.

>> No.8535372
File: 102 KB, 725x1049, 1353656593827.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8535362
Nope, a lot of people think that, especially after the OTT sweet phenomenon, people were sick of seeing it, especially since it deviated so wildly from what Sweet Lolita was defined as before that.
Non-pastel vomit sweet is so much more beautiful, imo, but to each their own. Pic related.

>> No.8535385

>>8535327
>"
Even if you're going to cosplay her regardless, it's best to let the other girl know, lest you get accused of stealing her character or trying to replace her in the group or some dumb shit like that."

Fuck, you're right. But I think I'm just going to message the guy and tell him to edit the post and put me on the list and tell her the character is taken. I really don't want to confront her myself because I'm a coward, but it really isn't my responsibility to let her know since I'm not the one to forget to put me on the list.

>> No.8535498

The past month experience....
"I like this person from league."
Ok so let's get started
"ok but what kind of person is she?"
Evil. You should know that after a game or two as her.
"I don't play."
asdasd- ok. What are we gonna do?
"I don't like her dress. think i can make it into a skirt."
Sure let's do that. (no1 is gonna recognise you)
"oh also i don't wanna wear a wig."
Ok so you're gonna dye your hair?
"No no just do it casual."
Ok.... let's get planning
*planning commences*
Ok so all you need to do is buy this stuff and i'll make it.
"Aren't you making it?"
Yeah but i need materials
"Oh i thought you were doing this for free."
No i'm not charging you labour but you can get the material....
"Wow really? ii'll make it myself"
*does a shit job then goes to con*
Noone took any photos, noone stopped her or complimented her.

But that's none of my business.

>> No.8535522

>>8530533
Paradise Kiss apparently has nice coords, and there's a girl from Shirobako who has a nice outfit.

>> No.8536066
File: 69 KB, 500x281, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>be photog
>have paid photoshoot
>girl wants to see all of the photos pre-edit before I start editing them
>sure
>send her full album of un-edited pics
>mind you its over 40 pictures and I only told her she gets 8 because of time constraints
>Could you do them all pweeeassseeee???? x3
>No.
>end up picking for her because she won't let me know which ones she wants
>finish album last night
>send it to her
>"What about the pictures we took in the back?!"
>make up some bullshit excuse about lighting
>"Well could you just send the unedited picture to me?"

>> No.8536068

>>8535343
I know exactly who you mean, and I don't understand why everyone's happy to just roll over and let her away with it either, it's so stupid.

>> No.8536190

>>8529101
As soon as you mentioned puking down their throat, I burst out laughing.

10/10 made my day

>> No.8536241

>>8531347
Man, same!

>> No.8536252

>>8527980
>try to explain what it means to be asexual, demisexual, pansexual and non-binary gender to my dad because my younger sister keeps making fun of me for talking about these issues
>I tell him that gender fluid basically means being say born a girl but not liking only 'feminine' or only 'masculine' things/hobbies but it changes depending on my mood
>he says "back in my day we used to call that having a personality"

FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. Sometimes I wish I never had a father ever. Fathers are just an obsolete artifact of society.

>> No.8536257
File: 7 KB, 196x196, index.php.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8536252

>> No.8536261

>>8536252
I know you're baiting but seeing anyone use demi-sexual as a real thing triggers the shit out of me

>> No.8536266

jealous bastards who try to bring down other people

>> No.8536268

>>8530346
This.

When deciding between looking nice and small details, chose to look nice. Flatter your face, it's you in the pictures.

>> No.8536277

So I've been using tumblr to post art for several years now, and ever since it became more and more about the tags (where the comments about your art are) rather then just adding it to the post, the more stupid said tags have become.
I can't count the amount of times people have posted it with "kin tag" or people including "white" in the sidebar of their bio when I check their blogs out.

It's a little bit infuriating.

>> No.8536318

I sneezed on my dream dress immediately after getting it in the mail. Fuck me.

>> No.8536320

>>8535343
And yet, if some lolitas don't say something the right way or bat an eyelid at the wrong time, they're dragged to hell and back for it. Come on, get it together guys.

>> No.8536432

>>8536277
You go to every reblog of your posts and read their tags?

>> No.8536445

>>8536432
If you have xkit installed, there's a tag viewer function where it shows all the things your post as been tagged with. I like to scroll through them for my more-reblogged coords to see what people are saying.

>> No.8536485

>>8536252
even if bait, father of year award winner right there

>> No.8536568

>>8536261
?

Tell me MRA /r9k/ neckbeard, what's wrong with ace/demisexuals? Are you mad that a girl isn't attracted to you because she isn't attracted to you?

>> No.8536573

>>8536485
Even if it were bait, her father is an empathy-less asshole.

>> No.8536604

>>8536432
What >>8536445 said, and it's nice to see the positive comments in tags. I can do without seeing trigger warnings and shit though.

Sometimes I go directly to a blog, usually when I see some weird blog name.

>> No.8537010

>>8535498
Got what she deserved. Sick of people thinking we do this shit for hi-fives.

>> No.8537053
File: 39 KB, 500x276, bawpeoplecareaboutme!!11!1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this bitch on facebook complaining about "body positivity" because her friends were concerned about her body image when she wouldn't shut up about how was getting fit for a cosplay
>because getting fit for a character to cosplay a few times a year isn't a little bit bizarre
>because posting about fitness everyday isn't a little attention whorey
>because how dare her friends care about her and worry when she posts dramatic shit

Why don't these uppity cunts keep their personal fitness goals to themselves? Nobody needs to know how they're going to the gym for a cosplay, nobody needs to know how many reps they did and at what weight each and every day.
Bitches need to get a fucking journal if they don't want their concerned friends and family "judging" them for what they post on their shitbook because they think ripping a fart merits a damn status.

People treat you like a weirdo having a breakdown because you're ACTING like a weirdo having a breakdown. Wanting to literally be a cosplay character is FUCKING WEIRD.

>> No.8537069

>>8536252

don't lump asexuals in with that tumblrfag demisexual bullshit

>> No.8537075

>>8536568
Demisexuality isn't a SEXuality because it deals with a common human feeling not what sex you want. Just putting that out there.

>> No.8537080

>>8537069
along with legitimate nonbinary people, not like stargender weeaboos

>> No.8537089

what you wear does not change who you are. focus on being better, not looking better.

if you're crying alone at night feeling empty and without value, the solution is never to go online and buy or ogle shit you can't afford.

>> No.8537128

>>8537069
>>8537080
/cgl/ finally showing it's true colors.

>> No.8537158

>>8537128
There are nonbinary people here that identified that way before/ independently of the rise of Tumblr bullshit and absolutely hate how they are viewed because of Tumblr. I thought we had a thread a few months ago (don't remember the exact general topic) where a lot of people vented about that. In fact, most of the things we associate with Tumblr had long-standing communities way before teenagers with badly dyed hair and fifty piercings started slapping labels on themselves willy-nilly.

>> No.8537165

>>8536277
Mmmm, I have this issue too. In fact, I actively avoid drawing stuff from certain fandoms bc all the kin shit makes me uncomfortable/is annoying as fuck.
>Steven Universe
>IDW Transformers
>Fire Emblem

>> No.8537203

>>8537165
>IDW Transformers
What.

>> No.8537204
File: 39 KB, 700x900, 11742692_143606219303937_3568737273809563294_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kinda of off topic but isn't this penis Angelica ex boyfriend?

>> No.8537210
File: 162 KB, 214x373, driftpls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8537203
The IDW G1 reboot? MTMTE, RID, Windblade, etc.
Most of the fans I've met are chill but the tumblr crowd is fucking nuts. "Fictionkin" as far as the eye can see.

>> No.8537226
File: 28 KB, 258x214, feel_you_meg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8537210
Oh man I feel you. I love the comics but I've pretty much stopped drawing art for it since the fandom on tumblr loves to fight.

>> No.8537241

>>8537210
Afro Jesus robot? Sign me up anon

>> No.8537257

>>8537210
Not just the IDW side that is fucking nuts, anon. Pretty nuch the entire fandom is sonic level autismo insane, boys and girls.

>> No.8537306

>>8537158
>There are nonbinary people here that identified that way before/ independently
No.

No there aren't. I've been here since 2010 and the "non-binary" preschooler mentality garbage came here AFTER /cgl/ was forced to go full PC to avoid offending Tumblrinas who had been constantly invading this board ever since 2012.

>> No.8537313

A "friend" in my comm posts statuses about our comm members a few times a week, she created the secret about our leader and long time Lolita right after the convention yet anytime someone catches her she complains how she confronted her bully or is being bullied. All of our comm is over 21.
Just announced she's moving halfway around the world in two months. Thereisabasedgod

>> No.8537338

>>8537165
>fire emblem
That's one the main things I draw and the amount of underage teens saying Lucina is their fictionkin worries me.

>> No.8537358

>>8536252
I know this is a bait but I wish more tumblrinas had a dad like this.

>> No.8537362

>>8536066
40 photos out of a paid photoshoot? The fuck? I get the 8 to be picked out to be edited, that's normal, but god did you get paid for only 5 minutes or something?

>> No.8537370

>>8535343
I'm not a lolita but my fucking god I hate situations like this in the cosplay scene. Some asshole gets a free pass to be the douchiest piece of shit ever because they're ~cosfamous~ and they didn't mean it like that cuz they're ttly sugoi desu~. In my comm we have a bitch who can't cosplay for shit and her costumes are always a hot mess, yet she still used to place in competitions and get all kinds of things handed to her despite being a huge fucking diva and a self-righteous, two-faced asshole because awww she's so sweet and such a great cosplayer!

I'm so glad people finally got tired of her shit and stopped giving her glory for nothing. Now she's desperately trying to leech on other, more famous and fresh cosplayers and their fame. I love to see her groveling and smiling through her teeth in a desperate attempt to climb up the ladder.

>> No.8537423

I hate how it feels like I'm the only person with a normal functioning family.
Obviously it's not that I dislike people for having shitty families but I'm honestly starting to think I'm the only one who has a good family.
It seems like everyone either has broken families, gets abused verbally, gets abused mentally, got abused sexually and has no good relationship with their parents.
When I talked about having a nice day with my mum a while ago, I got a response of "sure is nice having a mom like that" which instantly made me feel bad for even bringing it up.

Is it the fact that geek/anime/whatever circles are so feel of outcasts? Or is it just that it seems worse because everyone just talks about their parents or family in a bad way? I guess it doesn't help I can't imagine complaining about my parents online or even in real life whereas most people seem to have no issue with it.

>> No.8537436

>>8537358
Most of them actually do but it doesn't change a thing. I know a girl who's just like that and her dad is a normal Christian (but not too deeply religious) family man + all her sisters are normal too, so she is basically "REEEEE-ing" on her Tumblr about her family all the time like it's their problem that she is not normal, not hers. I feel really bad for them but then again I also want to nut inside the girl in question since she's kind of attractive but her mental issues make her accessible.

>> No.8537438

>>8537436
>her mental issues make her accessible.
I'm not discrediting how stupid her beliefs might be, but shit anon you got issues.

>> No.8537441

>>8537203
Transformer fans are fucking insane. I say this as a fan. It is mostly the tumblr crowd. I've seen people being stalked because they didn't ship the same thing as someone else, doxxed because they didn't agree with an out-there headcanon.

>> No.8537497

>>8537441
as a former member of the TF fandom, I can confirm this. I don't know if it's the big anthropomorphic robots in a kids' show that draw in the most autistic people or what but yeah, TF fangirls can be fucking insane. I only stick to the G1 comics now and keep away from the fandom.

>> No.8537501

>>8537438
Not at all. All men think that mental issues on a reasonably attractive women is a good thing (if said mental issues make it easier for you to get inside her).

I'm not sure if you're just a fedoratipper whiteknight or an underage girl but either way it remains a fact that this is the only think we men are interested in and only losers of society will not use every advantage possible to get some puss. Even from an evolution perspective, the most successful males in life are always the ones that spread their seed the most. Sure, we don't automatically procreate if we do that, but the feeling of being the best remains, because your body don't know that your strong African semen didn't succeed in impregnating if you never see the girl again after the deed is done.

>> No.8537503
File: 230 KB, 500x359, tumblr_inline_mnyazbygIx1qz4rgp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8537501

>> No.8537511

>>8530085
That's what he's saying holy shit

>> No.8537512

>>8534017
Lololol

>> No.8537516
File: 100 KB, 509x711, Yoko_Littner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8536252
Your dad sounds based, I bet he loves you even though you're a tumblr fuck

>> No.8537519

>>8537516
WHO IS THIS SEMEN DEMON MATE

>> No.8537523

>>8537519
Surely this is bait. How did you even get to this board if you don't know who this is

>> No.8537557

Comm members who threaten to quit cosplaying every other week. If you really wanted to quit cosplaying you would have done so by now. Admit it, you just want the attention.

>> No.8537590

I hate sellers who don't leave you feedback after you buy something from them. Bitch if I leave you feedback, you better give me feedback in return. It's just common courtesy.

>> No.8537702

>>8537497
>>8537497
IDK man, I'm autistic, and I sit here thinking that the Autism has nothing to do with the level of insanity involved in the TF fandom. I think it is just that it somehow draws the most toxic people because they find a safe harbor there among their own kind that hand out asspats. There is so much tumblrina bullshit in there that is ripe. I didn't even realize how much I had fallen into that mindset until I got out. One of the biggest shit I hear going on right now is the people screaming about how much of a victim fucking Starscream is. Things like that he is never an abusive little cunt, and is always the victim. This opens people up to targeting people who voice any dissent and call Starscream what he is: a pile of trash. Basically think the fandom attracts the nasty and makes people nastier by proximity. Like, god forbid you say you don't like a ship, then you are Enemy #1. It isn't the autism that makes them nasty. Most Autistics aren't so knowingly toxic. This is something else, and personally I think it is narcissism.

>> No.8537770

>>8531719
You shut your mouth. As a normie I get shit for listening to kpop

>> No.8537972

>>8537523
I JUST WANT TO BREED THIS ANIME

>> No.8537983

>>8537770
Just because your dad is normier than you doesn't mean KPOP isn't for Normies.

>OP-OP-OP-OPPA GANGNAM STYLE XD

>> No.8537999

>>8537165
>tfw you're a fan of the older Fire Emblem games and don't have to put up with stupid kin and tumblr bullshit because no one cares about anything but Awakening

feels good mang

>> No.8538002

>>8537999
I saw a girl the other day who identified as Abel from Fire Emblem. I literally screamed you leave the older FE games out of your fictionkin bullshit.

>> No.8538026

When people post their cgl drama on fb, caps and all.
Really?
Aww boo hoo the gulls attacked you. Seriously? Looks like someone popped their cgl cherry!

>> No.8538042
File: 157 KB, 960x1280, free ticket for bf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538026
I wish some gull popped my cherry, so, so hard... :(

>> No.8538056

>>8538042
Into the oven you go, male virgin. JUNGFRAU RAUS!

>> No.8538066

>>8537983
Watching anime is the cool thing to do

>> No.8538074
File: 50 KB, 800x521, abelkin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8537999
>>8538002
And just in case you didn't believe it, I found the person's blog again
http://cavalierabel.tumblr.com/

>> No.8538087

SERIOUS QUESTION THO HOW DO I GET A /cgl/ GF

I AM WHITE

>> No.8538088

>>8538087
>>8538042
Fuck off you misogynistic MRA neckbeard.

>> No.8538092
File: 47 KB, 480x640, 1e2018A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538088

>> No.8538097
File: 153 KB, 749x999, 5 copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538087
unless you have the looks, money, and charisma of pic related, you don't stand a chance.

>> No.8538105

>>8538097
>posts a picture of a known permavirgin
I think this post might be a ruse.

>> No.8538106

>>8538105

Maybe her standards are extremely low?

>> No.8538109

>>8538106
>her
I don't think I told you my gender pronouns, motherfucker.

>> No.8538111

>>8538092
Didn't that guy die?

>> No.8538112

>>8538087
.... same way as you would any other gf, by not being a shitbag.

>> No.8538117

>>8538111
Yeah he got drunk and launched a fire work off his head on the 4th of July

>> No.8538122
File: 50 KB, 720x544, 1438522552324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538109

>no1 curr

>> No.8538128
File: 260 KB, 544x768, z1m_sotlAw4qnFsbfu31FoETilQv-rafq4ZpW18Wkt4-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538105
>>8538106
bitches please, the man has game and you know it. look at how he rocks Boz in this candid photo.

>> No.8538129

>>8537204
No.

>> No.8538130
File: 76 KB, 284x267, 1285094298115.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538109
>I don't think I told you my gender pronouns, motherfucker.

>> No.8538139

>>8538128
>not even the same person

>> No.8538175

>scrolling around on tumblr
>see a post about some black kid that's a prodigy or something
>already know there's going to be some comment about him being black and an example or some shit like that
>was right

I thought we shouldn't be judging people by the colour of their skin but I'm glad you think this 5-year-old is "black excellence"

Really, I need to find better blogs to follow.

>> No.8538206

>>8538175
I bet you're either a salty hispanic woman or a buttmad basement dwelling white neckbeard.

>> No.8538207

>>8538206
I bet you're a SJW tumblr-tard

>> No.8538215

>>8538042
I'll be your cgl gf you emo looking mother fucker. We can drink cheap vodka out of paper bags on the side of the street while smoking malboro reds.

>> No.8538220

>>8538215
Sorry but I don't drink and / or smoke. I am a pure boy through and through.

>> No.8538225

>>8538206
Even though it's not cgl related, I can see what anon is saying.
So what if they are black? Why mention that they are black? Yes I realise that some people feel that black people are less intelligent, but that's shitty Marxists talk.
Probably just mention that they are very young for that high of an intelligence and let people judge for themselves, black or not.
Its not that the anon was 'butthurt'

>> No.8538229

>>8538117
That was him?
>Well shit

>> No.8538231

>>8538225
>So what if they are black?
They are constantly institutionally oppressed evry single day of their lives. Being a black male is almost as bad as being a white woman.
>Why mention that they are black?
Because due to what I mentioned above, their achievements are much, much, much (like 10x much) more amazing than that, say, of a white male child.

>> No.8538234

I'm starting to wonder if the young tumblrs are actually reinforcing gender stereotypes. Now hear me out:
To some extent, cross-gender hobbies aren't that odd like dudes who cook or chicks who box. But by pointing out all thy ways you differ from the gender norm (even while being within "normal" variation), these young kids think "well my favorite color isn't pink so I must be gender queer!"
I worry about people who create a new identity around half- baked and in progress ideas of 21st century gender identity.
This is also not to say that there aren't legitimate non-binary, agender or gender queer people out there but I don't think the weird tumblr hug box is actually doing these moldable young 'uns any favors.

>> No.8538240

People who have drama, keep mentioning it/having an online presence and then complain the drama is still hanging around, ffs,

>> No.8538299

I'm so tired of trans-insert word. What next? Pedophilia being excused because transchild?

>> No.8538305

>>8538299
Maybe it will be legalized officially but it's already tolerated for women so why bother.

It will never get legalized for men of course. The only reason being gay isn't against the law is because lesbians piggybacked on the gays actual struggle and sacrifices in their actual fight for the homosexuals' rights.

>> No.8538316

>>8538231

See, now I know you're being facetious, but this is exactly the reasoning some of this cunts use to justify their shitty opinions.
Basically you implied that blacks are so unbelievably stupid that every time one of them does something above average it's a reason to celebrate.
Do you understand?

>> No.8538335

>>8538074
I dunno what's worse, thinking you're actually a pokemon or identifying as my old school husbando. I feel so triggered

>> No.8538349
File: 696 KB, 1053x1070, 1383229829973.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538305

>> No.8538362

>>8538349
What, did you get triggered, SJW-shit? "LGBT" movement is a fucking joke. The only fight that ever mattered was by homosexual men for their rights, since homosexual men were the only ones whose orientation was an issue to society. That's why they were always the primary target of discrimination and violence in history. Nobody ever gave a fuck about lesbians because the good ones can still be impregnated easily and the ugly dykes can go fuck themselves either way.

Are you boiling hot - triggered yet? I can go on if you like.

>> No.8538412

>>8538074
Think this is bad?
http://pariswolves.tumblr.com

>> No.8538419
File: 162 KB, 1024x768, 1359432213833.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538412
http://swreath.tumblr.com/k
D-do they have multiple "head mates" or whatever that shits called and then all of those headmates are otherkin

>> No.8538429

>>8538419
They have also diagnosed their self with BPD. The scariest part to me is that they have a girlfriend irl.

>> No.8538436
File: 386 KB, 860x1200, 1434579453546.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8528745

>> No.8538455

>>8538429
I worry about kids these days

>> No.8538500

>>8538429
>>8538455

Remember the days where the worst thing kids did was either being a furry or laughing about the yaoiz and talking in broken japanese?
How the fuck are they going to redeem themselves from proclaiming they hate everyone and saying they're a Genderfluid Demi-romantic Sapiosexual on facebook and good knows where while whining about wanting to be different gender.

>> No.8538504

>>8538455
>these days

where were you back on LJ/DA in the early 2000s? it's the same shit, just a bigger pile.

>> No.8538523

Can someone explain what a kin is? I know its some tumblr shit

>> No.8538528

>>8538523
People that even furries used to make fun of.

>> No.8538567

>>8537423
My parents are really great too, anon! But I know what you mean, all my close friends have these dysfunctional families, and they're usually of the nerdy/outcast ilk.

Their parents are childish and don't act like sensible adults who are obligated to be the parent and be responsible and supportive towards their own children.

I admire my parents because they've not had an easy life or upbringing and have sacrificed a lot for my siblings and I, but they can still be really wonderful, warm and open minded despite all of that.

I realise they're humans that have foibles as well, so I don't get bitter or shitty about that when they do "wrong" me, or could have dealt with a situation better. We have argued a lot and can have explosive tempers, but we aren't stubborn, we don't dwell on things, and don't have issues apologising to each other.

>> No.8538573

>>8538567
Exactly, and I don't think that what some people post online helps either. It makes me wonder if their families are really that bad at times or if they're blowing things out of proportions.

But yeah of some people I know for sure but I just wish having a good functional family didn't seem like a rare find.

>> No.8538580
File: 50 KB, 480x360, e94sv.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When bitches post their online drama on other social media sites to get asspats from the comm. "Waah I'm so sad that people didn't like my coord" "they're just jealous!"

>> No.8538581

>>8531250
I hate that shit but I always manage to feel conflicted come actual con time. I mean, it's an anime convention. But some of the other non anime cosplays look pretty awesome and I find myself pushing my annoyance to the side to get pictures. Then I start to forget about being annoyed and get all excited.

>> No.8538730

>>8538523
They pretend they are *insert species here*. In the case of fictionkin, they pick their favorite character and RP them sometimes.

>> No.8538735

>>8538429
And yet I stay forever alone. Proof that crazy tumblertards have more of a life than I do.

>> No.8538767

>>8538500
It used to be delete and run.
But facebook will never let you forget.

>> No.8538805

>>8536568
being picky about who you fuck isn't a sexuality, you ignorant virgin

>> No.8538811
File: 49 KB, 960x540, 11824027_1632061050406602_20986598_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy shit-

>> No.8538815

>>8538811
what are you venting about, Pedro

>> No.8538819

>>8538811
>beellze@hotamil.com

>> No.8538821

>>8538299
>"I'm not a pedofile I'm pedosexual. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE YOU HOMOPHOBE BULLY OPEN YOUR MIND I AM TRIGGERED"

>> No.8538826

>>8538240
lol my whole com.
They follow and get involved with all the drama online when it isn't even their drama to begin with.
Then complain about it. Then keep complaining at con, when we're just sat in the bar having a drink.
When the most drama is that the bar sold out of xyz brand of wine and we've had to get a bottle of something else.

>> No.8538837

>>8538811
I don't speak French, but I see the words Swinub and evolution, so I'm just gonna assume this is an email about Piloswine.

>> No.8538841

>>8538362
Who hurt you

>> No.8538869

>>8538837
that wasn't french, honey.

>> No.8538894

>>8538109
Sorry xir

>> No.8538908

>>8538805
Yes it is. Asexuality and demisexuality are legitimate orientations and you should stop oppressing us,.

>> No.8538916

>>8538573
yeah, i once saw someone on tumblr raising money to get out of their 'abusive and toxic household' when it turned out that her parents favored her brother a bit more and wouldnt give her $300/month so she could live on her own. i feel like a lot of people complaining about stuff like that are blowing it really out of proportion

>> No.8538934

>>8530543
why do these bitches always shorten the dresses, like no.

>> No.8538940

>>8529609
>hurr u need to be boring and stay the same all the time durr
Boy do i hate normalfags retards.
Also FIRED OVER IT? You gotta be kidding me how the hell even. Which character did you cut your own hair as if i may ask?

>> No.8538946

>>8529609
oh saw which character nevermind.
It's terribly ugly anon you did a mistake.
But still they should calm their tiddies.

>> No.8538949
File: 67 KB, 900x900, angry-pepe-541866149.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8530543
damn you, normies.
Why must they ruin everything nice?

>> No.8538952
File: 118 KB, 500x500, 532.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8530543
>mfw i noticed they shortened perfectly nice and cute brand dresses
>mfw i noticed they wear converses
>mfw one wears thighs and knee socks at the same time
REEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.8538964

The mail delivered my package to my building's office and not to me, LIKE ALWAYS. Now the office is closed for the weekend.
Seriously contemplating picking it up then calling the post office and telling them I never got it. They just let anyone sign for my stuff! Whoever got it in my building's office didn't even sign a real name according to tracking, just initials. Is this even allowed?

>> No.8539074

>>8538908
I'd except aesexuality but I think demisexuality is where the line is drawn.

>> No.8539105

>>8539074
same.

"I'm only sexually attracted to people I have an emotional bond with!!11!" is not a fucking sexuality. Fuck off.

>> No.8539282

>>8538066

Not anymore it isnt. Havet you notice the spread of hipsters going on how japanese culture is for deviants while never trashing kpop?

Kpop is more acceptable than Jpop right now and thus shpuld be kept away from anime cons

>> No.8539285

Can you do nothing by yourself? Can you LITERALLY do nothing by yourself?

Do you know that Google exists and you can use it to search for shit? Stop spamming the con page for easily answerable questions!

Do you seriously need your friend to find a tutorial for you on how to make a fucking paper hat? Why can't you look for it on your own? What do you mean you can't afford a piddly bottle of paint? It's like a buck. Why are you going to a con if you have no money?!

Just stop. Just drop everything and get out of the cosplay scene, because you are a child.

>> No.8539303

you are a terrible cosplayer, seriously please stop trying. and please stop using haphazardly cutting out craft foam and gluing it together to make finished pieces. none of your cosplays fit or look good and the fact that random people with cameras who don't even know how to adjust aspect ratio are taking 'photoshoots' of you doesn't make you a cosplay star. you look ridiculous.

also, no, my photographer isn't flaky, you're just a hotass mess, funny how you're trying to ride my coattails and complaining about others doing that to you when they're just trying to help you. i for one am not helping you anymore, not after you didn't credit me for the prop i made you, twice since you broke it.

you're losing all of your friends, and for what? i don't get it.

>> No.8539308
File: 39 KB, 983x504, ren fuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't give a flying fuck and a half about your fandoms.

I could not give less of a shit for the shows you watch. I don't care in the slightest. They are not interesting to me. So stop shoving them down my throat. Stop insisting that my life isn't complete until I see it. Stop putting on episodes while I'm over to force me to watch it when all I want to do is chill and play games and shit. Stop being SO SHOCKED that I'm not balls deep in the fandom like you are. Stop talking about only your fandoms and nothing else. Stop making EVERYTHING about your fandoms and why I should be in them.

I don't pester you about my fandoms. I'll say, "yeah, it was good. You should give it a watch." and leave it at that. I don't care if you watch it; I couldn't care less. I just give my recommendation and let you take it from there. If you take it no where, then cool.

So you should return the favor and shut the hell up. You can recommend things to me, but stop force feeding me. And don't be all "Oh, Warden, but you HAVE to watch it. You'll love it!" If I don't want to watch it, then I'm not going to watch it, regardless of whether or not you think I'd like it.

>> No.8539392

>>8539308
Su?

>> No.8539488

>>8538940
>boring
being normal isn't 'boring'. If you dye your hair pink or get a mohawk without giving a fuck about your workplace's dress code don't whine about getting fired. Fairly sure nobody fires people over pixie cuts.
>>8530240
Yeah, that was extremely stupid.

>> No.8539510

>>8527980
I can't stand SJWs whose entire personality is being a SJW and describe themselves as 'passionate activists' despite the only activism they're doing being ranting on their personal tumblrs and 'signal boosting' obvious bullshit posts. So many lolitas are into that shit, it's ridiculous.

Or for that matter, queers whose entire personality is being queer and trying to shoehorn in queerdom into everything. No, queer lolita is not a thing and never will be. No, your queer Hannibal OC will never look good. Nobody cares whom you fuck aside from yourself.

People who air out their dirty laundry in general piss me off. I don't care about your divorce, your baby daddy, your 14 self-diagnosed mental illnesses, your anorexia, your fitness meals (perhaps try instagram) or your opinions on the patriarchy. Get a fucking hobby, Jesus bloody Christ.

>> No.8539532

>>8538805
That's not what demisexuality is defined as. It is defined as a complete lack of sexual attraction or reaction unless it is with a specific person. Most people will have a response, even if it isn't their "someone." It is just to the side of asexuality.

>> No.8539556

Lace market, please load and not fail.

>> No.8539559

>>8530075
Me! I deactivated my page because I just... really did not care about it at all. I have instagram but I post a ton of random shit there and progress pictures cause I'm proud of what I do. But I want friends not fans. I feel you, it is strange realizing that so many people who have you added on facebook just do so to get you to support their 'page' and they never support you back. If only we were in the same area I would totally just have silly sewing parties.

>> No.8539563

>>8530240
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH how many times have you posted or talked about that one simple outfit here again in the past week or two?

>> No.8539605

>>8539308
Who is this no name attention whoring tripfag?

I hope you're not a fucking male or else...

>> No.8539618

>>8539605
It's a male creeper virgin.

He's like Clockwork Loyalty 2.0 except even worse.

>> No.8539647

I'm getting tired of all the hijab+lolita news explosions, I see it on my fb, I get tagged by my normie friends in it and now on 9gag. when did the media care so much about praising lolita? when hijabs are involved?

>> No.8539649

>>8539647
because it makes them feel better about themselves and look more tolerant.

>> No.8539651

>>8539647
>I'm getting tired of all the hijab+lolita news explosions,
Well maybe you should go back to >>>/pol/ where you belong.

It is the white woman's duty to wear hijab and cover her hair to avoid getting raped by deeply religious cultured men.

>> No.8539681

>>8539649
Pretty much this. Hijab lolita looks like a fucking mess and I don't want to support a symbol of oppressing women. I fucking know they treat it as a symbol of their religion and not everyone is forced to wear a hijab, but jesus christ for me it's the same as being a nun lolita or chastity belt lolita, you just don't do that. You might add subtle references like a small cross necklace or things like that but a fucking hijab is not cool. How about a republican lolita? Military lolita with a buzzcut and tattoos? Anything else similar to hijab lolita would be considered ita and tacky as fuck but when it's about islam it's super cool and totally fresh.

>> No.8539685

>>8539681
Why dont they wear a wig ontop of hijab? Would it not be a win win?

>> No.8539696

>>8539681
>a symbol of oppressing women.
Fuck off and take your misogynistic garbage spewing with you, neckbeard. The hijab is NOT a symbol of oppressing women. If anything, it is empowering and feminist. We need Islam in the West to make the genders truly equal. Islam and Feminism goes hand in hand.

>> No.8539706
File: 28 KB, 460x288, punch_1683634c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8539681
>>8539696

>> No.8539795

>>8539696
Please tell me this is a troll and not serious

>> No.8539802

Say what you will about Hijab Lolita, anything looks better than those god awful curled wig towers those other lolitas wear.

>> No.8539804

When will lolisourgrapes get the fucking ass-whooping that's coming to her? If any other Lolita pulled a hint of the shit she's done they'd be ousted faster than you can say "polycotton bloomers"

>> No.8539811

>>8539532

Yeah, no, that's grey-asexuality which has been around a lot longer than the concept of "demisexual"; most people define demisexual as absent sexual interest without an emotional connection. Demisexuality is just the snowflakiest bullshit.

>> No.8539930

>>8538128
If I had to choose between the two of them I think Yanners would be less slimey.

>> No.8539947

>>8539811
Grey-asexuality shouldn't even be a thing. If you feel sexual attraction, even to just one person, you're not asexual. That's like saying you're a lesbian but only when you're not attracted to a man.

OT: People need to stop shitting up the lolita tags with their bullshit personal opinions. Nobody cares about your 1000 word essay on replicas or why brands should expand their sizing or whatever, you're not contributing anything new to the conversation.

>> No.8539957

People who blindly support famous cosplayers even if they're terrible people.

>> No.8540020

>>8539947
I see.

So grey-asexual is why so many Tumblr girls say they're asexual.

Literally every single time someone uses that word to describe them, it's either one of these two cases:

a) it's a mildly attractive (but not attractive enough to be, say, get cat-called IRL, 5-6/10 maybe, 7 tops) girl on stuff like Tumblr who is slightly popular with an amount (ultimately insignificant in the long run) of people, meaning she has about ~50 or so Beta Orbiters who say "omg your such a qt girl" and other passive-agressive "pls be my gf" remarks. Since the Tumblr generation is filled with asocial losers, instead of dealing with it like a normal woman (or an attractive woman who's used to getting this attention IRL too), she says she is asexual to automatically friendzone the Orbiters, while still obviously craving the dick of some pretty boy(s) as evident by her blogposts.

b) it's a mildly unattractive (5-6/10, 4 at worst) male loser who has realized that he is never going to get laid in his life (no, not even an obese hamplanet would drop her standards below at least 80% Chad), so to cope with it / prevent thingken about suicide every single day they start to pretend that they were never actually attracted to girls in the first place - they "were asexual all along, haha!!:)". Even so they still probably subtly / passively-aggressively orbit around the former. Weirdly enough, the ugliest males (3/10 and below, including fat fedora wearing neckbeards) tend to have more confidence for some reason and typically don't pretend they're asexual (instead they make OKcupid profiles where they say they're nice guys, they love MLP, and they thing that only men should have the right to abort woman's babby, Hitler was right and that they're Militant Atheists ready to fight, including picture of their water gun). Theoretically, extremely unattractive women (like 0-2/10) might also say they're asexual to retain some dignity, but I have not yet seen such mythical creature on the Net.

>> No.8540077

>>8538908
Being "demi" is a preference, not a fucking sexuality. How the fuck do you think you're oppressed for it? "Mom, dad, I only have sex with people that I care about. Please don't hate me, I hope you understand." You're literally describing 90% of the population. Take your special snowflake bullshit back to Tumblr.

Besides, wasn't it "coined" by some 14-year-old on an RP forum for her character?

>> No.8540085

>>8540020
Most of the tumblr asexuals I've seen are always the following case:

- A girl who's not comfortable enough with her body/sexuality while being obviously straight, but too insecure to communicate with boys. So they form a "best friend" pseudo-lesbian relationship with their girlfriend and call themselves "asexual" because the thought of making out or being intimate with a girl makes them uncomfortable due to their heterosexuality.

- A girl who's all of the above, but doesn't enter lesbian relationships while enjoying porn and obviously having sexual needs and feelings.

>> No.8540088

>>8540077
>How the fuck do you think you're oppressed for it? "Mom, dad, I only have sex with people that I care about. Please don't hate me, I hope you understand."

I almost choked on laughter here

>> No.8540101

>>8540077
>you're literally describing 90% of the population
I feel the same way about this new "ambivert" shit.

>> No.8540109

that feel when no 6/10 asexual /cgl/ gf to teach her what an orgasm is like

>> No.8540133
File: 80 KB, 267x479, 1334524434991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cons are /cgl/ related, right?

>last year go to Maturicon with my friend T, her friend A, and A's bf
>A is a complete bitch and ruins the con for us

>this year
>make plans with just T, find out she's inviting her friend D
>I don't like D (he's creepy af), so I make plans with another group of friends
>D bails, and T can no longer afford to go
>Explain the situation to my friends, and make plans with T again (I've known her longer, so I'd feel bad just shrugging her off)
>later find out she doesn't even have a room booked
>make the room arrangements myself
>suddenly we get a text from A
>she can afford to go, so she's rooming with us (doesn't even fucking ask)
>since she's T's friend, I begrudgingly let her
>she starts bossing us around about the hotel and "making plans" for a game night and what panels we should all go to (fuck that)
>get a text from T last night, she can't afford both nights
>explain the situation to A
>we both want to go down for the two nights, but A refuses to pay more and says that T should still pay for both her nights even though she's only going to be there for one
>mfw I'm going to end up having to pay the entire difference because A is too big of a bitch to pay an extra $25

God, I can't wait until I get a good job. I'm just going to room by myself once I can afford it.

>> No.8540151

>>8540101
Haven't heard this one yet. What's it supposed to mean?

>> No.8540154

>>8540151
I think it's the term used to describe somebody who is both an introvert and extrovert, depending on the situation?

>> No.8540156

>>8540154
and i thought Sapiosexual was already the worst term

>> No.8540161

>>8540151
Between an introvert and an extrovert.
Because, as we all know, introverts are all intelligent social recluses and extroverts are all smiley, touchy, annoying, overly friendly ~plebeians~.

I wish people would stop equating introverted with shy. Nobody is 100% introverted or extroverted, and being introverted doesn't mean that you can't be friendly or outgoing or enjoy social situations. It just means you recharge by having lots of me-time, as opposed to extroverts who recharge by socialising.

>> No.8540172

not 100% /cgl/ related, but
>be 24
>have bf but not near marriage
>just want to travel and dream about living in glorious nippon
>love pouring money into jfashion
>go to OBGYN
>why no babies yet?
>go to neurologist
>so now that you're going to have children soon...

i'm trying to spend all my money on kawaii things and going to kawaii places. i'm not trying to have little demon spawn running around. is 24 still considered ripe breeding age or something?

>>8540156
i think sapiosexual is still the worst, to be honest

>> No.8540184

>>8540172
It really seems to differ. Some think you're and old hag that should have kids already at 24, others will think you're essentially a teen mom if you get one at 24.

>> No.8540266

>>8540172
What third world country do you come from? Some Asian one probably right?

There's no way that a feminist Western country like Canada would treat 24 as an age to have babies at. Babies are supposed to be obtained at the woman's sexual prime, in her 40s. 20-30 year old women are basically still children.

>> No.8540296

>>8540172
I'm the same age as you and get that crap from my extended family. My mom's white trash so my relatives on her side think that I should have had a kid in middle school and my dad's side of the family are all from the ghetto so to them I should be collecting welfare checks. At the family reunion that my dad went to last month they kept asking if he had any grandkids yet, and when he said no they kept asking why. It then turned into a. Whole "oh you think you're better then us because you have a house and never collected a welfare check and you're daughters are in college."

>> No.8540332

Since thread is over 300 I might as well ask here.

How does it feel to have some guy's semen released inside your vagooner?

>> No.8540395

Dealing with that one short, fat friend who gets easily upset about people giving her a look she doesn't like to being called fat, but refuses to do ANYTHING about her weight. It's like she isn't happy with her problem, but if she solved it she'd have nothing to complain about so it's more comforting to have it.

Any time I ask if she wants to go do something outside like walk or even go for an easy hike, it's always a "No". Surely even something as easy as walking burns more calories that her sitting at her computer on Tumblr. We both have gym passes and any time I'm going, she won't go even though we bought them at the same time with the intention of keeping each other company and staying motivated.

Any time someone says something about her weight IRL or on the internet (because she's a lolita and cosplayer and there are certain looks that are preferred, shall we say), it's like she goes into some weird panic and you have to talk her off a ledge. The world clearly hates her and ONLY her. She is the only person in the world with a difficult life.

I've done my best to be a good friend, help her through things emotionally, support her, suggest things we can do together so she will feel happier with herself, suggested shopping for new outfits or experimenting with styles that would look great on her etc. and yet, the very few times I have a stressful situation or something bad happens, she is nowhere to be seen. She's too busy in her own self-created world of drama and oppression.

I think I'm just going to cut my losses and walk away. How the fuck do I manage to find people like this.

>> No.8540489

>>8540332
Most of the time i don't feel the actual ejaculation but you just play along to make him feel better about himself

>> No.8540720

>>8540489
Tfw no bf to ejaculate inside me.

>> No.8540797

>>8540296
>>8540266
>>8540184
I live in America and am Asian American. It blows my mind that people think I should have children at this age.

>> No.8540895

>>8540797
>Asian American
Well that explains it. Your peenoy parents probably paid the doctor to convince you to get babby.

>> No.8540913

My best friend is starting point less drama. I fucking hate drama so this is actually kinda frustrating me. I've never given her shit through the five years of being really good friends with her I've always tried to be their for her and to be as understand and supporting towards her as possible so I don't really know how to handle this its making me feel sick like throwing up and making my blood rush. I'm focusing on getting my stuff together but this is actually getting to me because she means a lot to me . what am I suppose to do?

>> No.8540930

>used to be a homestuck
>hung out with bunch of homestuck kids
>later quit reading it and got into a fight with a friend from that community
>said person apparently talks shit about me to the group
>all my former homeshit friends give me bad looks when ever they see me in cons
>was mad for a while until i noticed how retarded the hs community is
>see a lot of their should be private internet fights online
>also they think that if they have a fight it should affect everyone in con scene
>did i mention all of the people mentioned are over 18 tumblrinas

>> No.8541119

>>8530386
The little wings seem hard to move around in. There's accuracy, and then there's practicality.

>> No.8541149

>>8540266
What the fuck. At 27, you're considered a 'geriatric mother' if it's your first child. That's the terminology they use. After 40, the risk that your child will have serious disorders doubles. You in fact have only a very small window, between 21 and 27, where it's socially acceptable and perfectly healthy to have a child.

>> No.8541151
File: 59 KB, 500x753, kjh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8537306
>discovered tumblr 3 or so years ago
>heard about non-binary because of urban dictionary
> been non-binary since 2003

>> No.8541343

>>8541151
You were born in 2003? Sorry hun but you need to be 18 to post here, although I bet guys like The Warden and Devvy would love to fuck a 12 year old.

>> No.8541404

i know this thread is in auto sage, but still

>>8540895
like filipino? no. my mother is "white washed," so things like having children at a younger age is not a big deal. she also said she expects no grandchildren from me already and doesn't care if my sister doesn't have any kids either. i know my dad wants a grandson, but whatever.

>>8541149
this is pretty true. and the thing is, i have genetic disorders that would likely be passed down to my children. it's only another reason why i don't want to have any. obviously my physicians know i have these problems as we discuss them at the beginning of every visit regardless of which doctor.

>> No.8542041
File: 33 KB, 250x177, 031611_yotsuba02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My waist will be the bane of my existence.
I can fit all the other sizings for the lolita dresses I want, but my waist is just so fucking huge and makes my body so square it doesn't matter because the waist sizing will never fit me.
Fucking kill me this is suffering.

>> No.8542049

>>8541149
Sweet, then I have a fucking awesome reason not to get pregnant next year. SUCK ON THAT, DAD.

>> No.8542251

>>8542049
>breaking your parents' hearts

All they want is some grandchildren...

>> No.8542284

>>8542251
yeah well they aren't the ones who are going to carry it for 9 months, birth it out and then take care of it for 30 years.

>> No.8542291

>>8542284
No, they did that with you, so their parents could have grandchildren.

>> No.8542306

>>8542251
Yeah, to play with for 2 days and dump back onto us when they start getting cranky and smelly.

I'm already married with 2 dogs and both my husband and I travel like once a year. My in-laws travel all the fucking time but still whine about having no money and how busy they are. When we ask them to take care of the dogs so we can go to a neighbouring city for 3 bloody days they return them to us hungry, dirty, tired and covered in thistles, branches and ticks that we then need to spend hours picking out of them. If that's how they're gonna be treating my children, they can gnaw on my fanny flaps for all I care.

>> No.8542310

>>8542291
Pretty sure they did it because they WANTED children. Either way, what they want isn't really in my agenda.

>> No.8542329

>>8542306
Well geez, if they're not going to provide free babysitting and parenting, they don't deserve to be grandparents.

>> No.8542363

>>8528255

>This especially sucks when you’ve spent months total making props and outfits for upcoming cons knowing that your only reward will be a bunch of honest to god 0/10 cosplayers following you around

I know this feel all too well. And for my chosen franchise, it's going to get way worse next month.

I do Metal Gear cosplay. I've got about half a dozen different costumes (MGS1 Snake, MGS1 Ocelot, MGS3 Ocelot, Genome soldier, Gurlukovich soldier, full skull suit Raiden) and so many times I end up having to pose with some dude in aqua pants, shirt, and cheap airsoft gear as "Solid Snake".

Like, I'd LOVE to meet new people that I could pose with that also put an equal amount of effort into their costume. Hell, I've worked on my Raiden cosplay for nearly 4 years, and it's still not completely perfect.

>> No.8543642

>>8542041
Try corsets/spanx/shapewear?

>> No.8543727

>>8541343
what an excellent use of reading comprehension. good job there, detective

>> No.8543739

>>8537306
Have you considered the possibility that individuals had identified with something that previously had no unified term? Gender roles and your own personal definition of your gender is not something that just magically appeared with tumblr- it's just that nobody has felt the need to define or label them until the past 5 years.

>> No.8543869

People that get involved in a comm related discussion.
And they aren't even in the comm.
nyc, I am eyeing you.
You are generally chill, but jeez.
Stahp.

>> No.8543949

I hate, hate, HATE it when people think worbla is this almighty essence of Gods that makes any cosplay good. You covered your whole cosplay in worbla even though you could've used a million other materials to make it look more like the reference image? Wow that's just like Kamui, have a trophy!!!!

I especially hate how people cover props with it. Worbla works for armors, don't make a fucking sword out of it because it will look like shit and there are easier ways to do it. But no, I will spend $200 on this overpriced chunk of wood chips and polymer to cover myself with! Priming? One layer of wood glue should do it! Sanding? LOL I don't need to do that!

>> No.8544077
File: 56 KB, 576x386, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8538908
>>8539532

Demisexuality is an identity constructed entirely upon a foundation of self-aggrandizement. The entire notion that it is somehow alternative or uncommon to not be sexually attracted to someone until you have time to ~form a deeper bond with them~ is predicated on the concept that everybody else are degenerate bonobos, rubbing their genitals wantonly on the world at large. "Demisexuality" is a means to perpetuate age-old standards of sexual purity and tired romantic cliches under a thin veneer of progressivism. It's slut-shaming wearing a chintzy faux-LGBT flag design.