[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 171 KB, 640x889, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8510976 No.8510976 [Reply] [Original]

Old one is in autosage. Post your worst.

>> No.8510979
File: 138 KB, 640x1034, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8510976
Apparently this is "boystyle."

>> No.8510983
File: 136 KB, 640x889, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8510979

>> No.8510985
File: 92 KB, 720x960, https%3A%2F%2F40.media.tumblr.com%2F5c5f8661df72bcceaba45a19433fe2c6%2Ftumblr_ns4bgkwA781qck16to1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8510999
File: 110 KB, 456x810, tumblr_ns4h4nDlG31rgkfuho1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8511001
File: 67 KB, 540x360, tumblr_ns4gq9axBZ1qc0qvuo1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8511003
File: 71 KB, 540x405, tumblr_ns5bn8VecZ1rk46hlo1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8511016

>>8510985
ita as hell but the girl on the left is pretty cute in the face

>> No.8511017

>>8510985
I kind of like the left one if you don't consider it lolita.

>> No.8511024

>>8510985
girl on the right looks like a shark

>> No.8511123
File: 274 KB, 680x1077, trainwreck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8510985
the two girls on the left are cute but all these outfits are trainwrecks

>> No.8511134
File: 101 KB, 526x877, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

last thread everyone spent so much time derailing so hard instead of contributing. Let's throw out some ita-related discussion like I saw in a previous thread.
>Can the famous Bodyline clock print ever be saved? Or will it always be a modern-day ita staple?
>Did you have an ita phase?
>If so, how did you ever outgrow it?
>A common modern-day ita misconception (as we've garnered from this-aint-lolita blog) is "I ~identify~ as lolita so everything i wear is lolita". Where do we draw the line between lolita as a fashion and lolita as an identity?

>> No.8511148

>>8510985
I don't think any of them are supposed to be lolita. I think they are trying to be fairy-kei (left) and deco (right) but I have no idea what the girl in the middle is going for.

>> No.8511153

>>8511148
Girl in the middle looks like it's supposed to be sweet lolita but she couldn't find a blouse in time and it went horribly wrong

>> No.8511173

>>8511148
Hime gyaru ? Her makeup is really gyaru to me.

>> No.8511179

>>8511173
I think so too, but her outfit looks nothing like hime gyaru, except the bag, and maybe her hair.

She is really pretty though and I do like her make-up.

>> No.8511219
File: 79 KB, 960x720, wtf is going on here.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

At first, I thought this might just be a nitpick.
But then I really looked at it.

>bat headdress
>anniversary pie jsk
>knockoff btssb socks with leather and metal garters?
>generic sweet shoes

>> No.8511220
File: 118 KB, 720x960, lampshade petticoat strikes again.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The ice cream cone right on the boobs is really what brings the catastrophe on the right together.

>> No.8511231

>>8510985
I fucking hate the girl on the left she's so stuck up a self proclaimed 'model'.
Also hyper japan is generally a wreck.

>> No.8511233
File: 28 KB, 255x247, mana montana.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8511134

stopped buying replicas, stopped trying to make bittersweet/creepy cute/pastel goth a thing, started ponying up money for decent staples like blouses and shoes, started paying more attention to how coords were put together

I have cgl to thank for a lot of this. If it weren't for y'all, it would've taken me a lot longer to give up tumblr-kei in favor of actually dressing well, and I'm so much happier for it.

>pic related, what i might have become

>> No.8511237

>>8511219
still a nitpick, this isn't that awful.

>> No.8511279

>>8510983
nitpicky, but definitely teetering on ita. those shoes are the worst offender. a bigger petticoat would work wonders on this, and getting rid of that damn star clip. her hair is also questionable.

>>8510999
cute idea, bad execution. her makeup is nice though for halloween.

>>8511134
>Can the famous Bodyline clock print ever be saved? Or will it always be a modern-day ita staple?
it's possible to make a good coord with it, but i feel that experienced lolitas stay away from it because it's so commonly associated with itas (that and they'd rather buy brand over bodyline when it comes to main pieces).

>Did you have an ita phase? If so, how did you ever outgrow it?
i think i could safely say that i was just nitpick material rather than ita. looking back on past coords, i would swap out things here and there for better pieces if i wore them today. nothing "burn this with fire" worthy, so that's good. i lurked a lot and waited for a long time before i started buying my clothes, so that's probably why i avoided looking ita.

>A common modern-day ita misconception (as we've garnered from this-aint-lolita blog) is "I ~identify~ as lolita so everything i wear is lolita". Where do we draw the line between lolita as a fashion and lolita as an identity?
you draw that line at the start. lolita is a fashion and should be only a fashion. having it as an "identity" is too tumblr-y and goes into cringe territory. you can certainly say that you're a lolita and there's nothing wrong with that, but calling it a part of your "identity" the same way you'd regard your sexuality or career path is... questionable, i feel. maybe i'm just saying that because it's not a huge driving force in my life? it's just one of my hobbies.

>> No.8511286

>>8511219
I think it's those garters that have bat wings attached, you can see a part of the left wing getting cut off by the dress.
Kind of weird to have bat accessories to a pie-themed dress but oh well

>> No.8511310

>>8511134
I was such an ita for a very long time and I am ultimately ashamed. Really, only my last two coords have been non-ita, and I'm just happy I can recognise that. I'm working towards a proper coord for Regalia, hopefully this will be one that isn't ita.

>> No.8511318

>>8510985
The one on the left looks like shes ether wearing swankiss or trying to go for that style. I like it its cute.
Middle is just bad lolita who can't match pinks.
And right looks like that bad tumblr fairy kei. Yknow the kind where they don't know the difference between fairy kei and decora.

>> No.8511334

>>8511134
>did you ever have an its phase?
God yes it was bad
>how did you fix it?
Took a step back temporarily lost interest and git into simpler styles that where easier to learn and built up soem general fashion skills. But mostly i saved up a biy of money to buy real peices and not hand made and thrifted poorfag stuff.

>> No.8511355

>>8511134

No. It's ugly and the cuts are horrific.

Yes, it was terrible. I hope I'm out of it.

/cgl/ punched me in the throat and I stopped thinking I knew everything.

You're a lolita when you wear the fashion. Not when you have like one dress you break out for cons, but when you actually wear the fashion and have a wardrobe.

>> No.8511381

>>8511134
I want to have hope because the diamond pattern part of it is kind of cute, but I'm not holding my breath.
Back in high school I bought a tartan JSK from the local goth shop that was waaay too short and paired it with a red cosplay wig and converse boots. Thankfully I didn't have the money to continue until year 2 of university. I like to think I developed a better sense of the fashion during the time in between.
Lurking /cgl/ and just generally getting to know how clothes fit me
Lolita's not an identity, that's dumb. You're only a lolita if you own lolita clothing and you wear it in a way that fits the lolita aesthetic.

>> No.8511386
File: 350 KB, 1191x1280, REEEEEEEEEE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was already wincing at this outfit and then I saw how badly that corset fit her.

>jimmies at maximum rustle

>> No.8511397

>>8510983
Star chans relative?

>> No.8511403

>>8511386
Her tits look so painful and she looks like she's holding her breath. Good luck wearing a corset to a con if you can't even breathe in it.

>> No.8511426

>>8511219
this is so weird, she has 2 different styles going on. her dress is just so sweet but then everything else is more gothic...especially that bat headdress. nothing makes sense.

people, just because a dress is black doesn't make it gothic.

>> No.8511454

>>8511403
Thank god I wasn't the only one to notice her face on the mirror. Why go to such lengths? She'll suffer a lot in that corset.

>> No.8511458

>>8511134
No. Yes.
I don't think so, no. There was one time where I wanted to try to wear a BL skirt to school and I tried to do something more "casual" with it but...no...just no. Thank god I decided to change 5 minutes before leaving my house. I knew it looked bad (purple skirt, teal sleeveless blouse, navy ballet flats with stars on them???) but in my head I was like, no one will care if it matches, no one at school knows about lolita so it'll just be a cute outfit....it definitely was not cute lol.
I think I sort of lightly glossed over it because I never had enough money at one time to just buy a whole coherent outfit, and if I did put something together (like mentioned above) I knew it looked bad and that I was just trying to shoehorn stuff together. So I would buy one thing, then wait a long time, then buy another, repeat. During the swaths of time that it took me to buy stuff, I just lurked and read a LOT. I would read concrit of outfits and see how it would fit in, ask questions, and just soak it all up. IMO I also have a pretty decent fashion sense outside of the fashion so I think certain things I could figure out on my own like certain colors and themes not going with other colors and themes.
This idea irritates me so much. I think it's also because people get the idea that your outfit can be 'lolita-ish' or have that 'feel' to it. You can be a football fan that knows a thousand and one stats, facts, and rules of the game, own all sorts of jerseys and equipment, but if you don't actually play the game, you aren't a football player - just a fan.

>> No.8511502

>>8511134
>Otakon no

>> No.8511513

>>8511134

Tbh I never saw the appeal in that dress. Same with that 2spooky gawff dress BL just put out. I had someone try to point it out to me like it was super cute and I'm like "ehhhhh". Only BL dress I really care about is soft cream but we know that will never restock because Mr. Yuck hates doing things that actually make sense (like bringing back those strawberry bags)
Uhh, kinda? I admired lolita from a far for so many years that I had more time to really let my tastes grow and develop without spending money on stupid crap (the most "ita" thing I own is squirrel party and I kind of bought it on a whim during the BL sale)
I was what some would consider an "ita" in another fashion though, but that was more a consequence of not having a job/building up a wardrobe slowly/thinking any normie clothes in the colors I associated the fashion with would work lmao
I think it's stupid and personally don't get it. If you wear lolita every day, good for you. If you think throwing on s blouse and pastel jeans is still " lolita" because you're "a lolita in your heart" than that's a pretty big indicator that you're at the least an obnoxious special snowflake, probably.

>> No.8511515

>>8511513
Lol holy shit that was longer than I wanted it to be, oops.

>> No.8511524

Everyone brings up that BL clock print as a permanent ita staple, but I think the Love Nadia should take that place

>> No.8511528

>>8511134
>>Did you have an ita phase?
I don't really think so? I had a few kind of bad coords but nothing that would be considered ita.

>>Can the famous Bodyline clock print ever be saved? Or will it always be a modern-day ita staple?
I really doubt it will ever be saved from the itas. I'd love to see a decent coord with it but I doubt that will ever happen.

>>A common modern-day ita misconception (as we've garnered from this-aint-lolita blog) is "I ~identify~ as lolita so everything i wear is lolita". Where do we draw the line between lolita as a fashion and lolita as an identity?
Lolita is a fashion not a identity, I don't get why people would "identify" as lolita.

>> No.8511554

>>8511134
>Can the famous Bodyline clock print ever be saved?
I don't think it can really be saved, but I do think it's possible for someone to make a good coord of it. I've seen a couple of non-ita-tier coords but nothing outstanding. Idk it could happen tho.

Sort of, but nothing as horrendous as most of what's pictured here. My first dress actually WAS the clock print, but my issue was that I always made things too simple with my coords in the beginning. I like to think I have a decent grasp on fashion and balance tho.

Read a ton of concrit on other outfits and "how not to be ita" guides, and started trying to model my outfits after lolitas known for having nicer coords.

>Where do we draw the line between lolita as a fashion and lolita as an identity?

If you never wear lolita but feel in your heart that you're a lolita, you're NOT a lolita. Participate in the fashion, actually give a shit about improving, until you stop lurking and start collecting actual lolita pieces and wearing them, I don't think you can claim the "lolita identity".

>> No.8511572
File: 76 KB, 460x321, Screenshot (2).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

buttblast update

>> No.8511577
File: 48 KB, 670x348, Screenshot (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8511572

>> No.8511603

>>8511577
btfo

>> No.8511666

>>8511577
Bitch is wrong, "nymphet" fashion pulls inspiration from 50s/60s fashion.

>> No.8511678
File: 141 KB, 471x400, 1427897913266.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8511001
>mfw someone selling this dress on lacemarket as "rare oldschool bodyline dress"

>> No.8511691

>>8511577
>nymphet fashion
>as in the term nymphet
>as in what nabokov used to have humbert humbert justify his pedophilia
>"not sexual"
>ok.jpg

Look we could argue about the book and the term all day but nymphet comes from a look defined by prepubescent/pubescent girls with a sexualized image. Nymphet means "girl who stirs sexual and sensual thoughts with her personality and appearance".
It started as sexual and as a fetish. Not everyone who wears it does it for sexual or fetish purposes, but that's where its origins are. You are intentionally imitating the look of some of the most famous sexualized little girls out there.

>yes i mad

>> No.8511792

>>8511003
I just want those shoes tbh

>> No.8511827

>>8511231
Does she (girl on the left) have a blog? I've seen her face around but can't think where from.

>> No.8511839

>>8510985
Wait, why do they all have "performer" tags?

>> No.8511860

>>8511134

Very unlikely, but maybe one day. Squirrel party has now replaced it as the #1 modern-day ita staple.
For far too long.
I discovered lolita in early high school and could only get a single item (dress, blouse, shoes) on my birthday or christmas, and it had to be only something my mother approved of. It sucked but thankfully I was a lone lolita and no photos exist.

I got a job and started buying nice things I wanted, learned about coording, what looks good on my body, makeup, a lot of things thanks to cgl because I didn't want to be laughed at by other lolitas when I started being social.

The line is drawn exactly at the clothes and the aesthetic. You must have a minimum of one actual lolita outfit (full, not a dress), that you have worn. If it has not been worn for a year or more you WERE a lolita.

>> No.8511866

>>8511827
I was thinking of the same thing too anon

>> No.8511871

>>8511386
I know that this is probably not the best quality corset (bulging out at the sides) but she does know that you can't close the corset fully without breaking it in first, right? Because if she does that the corset will break and that's really not ideal, especially if she's at a con when the dam bursts. Also, is she wearing 2 bras? Can't she get hold of something strapless and use tape or something? It looks ugly AF as is.

>> No.8511890
File: 55 KB, 540x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This gem was posted on LFM.

>> No.8511905

>>8511134
>>Can the famous Bodyline clock print ever be saved? Or will it always be a modern-day ita staple?
I've seen a lot of cute coords with it. It's a really lovely dress, it's just unfortunate that newbies flocked to it, initially because of the ~steampunk~ appeal. I own it in grey myself and it's really nice casual dress with a black bolero and reasonably plain accessories.
Oh god yes.
>>If so, how did you ever outgrow it?
Exposure to a real-life community helped a LOT. Seeing people wearing Lolita in real life is really inspiring when you're new.
>>A common modern-day ita misconception (as we've garnered from this-aint-lolita blog) is "I ~identify~ as lolita so everything i wear is lolita". Where do we draw the line between lolita as a fashion and lolita as an identity?
That's not a modern ita misconception at all. I remember years ago people on LJ claiming they were "lolita at heart" or followed the "lolita lifestyle" despite not owning so much as an ita lace monster. Lolita is a fashion first. If you want to admire it and wear stuff inspired by it, cool, just don't call it Lolita.

>> No.8511911
File: 98 KB, 527x417, the heck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8511890

>> No.8511922

>>8511890
>>8511911
I thought this was a troll at first. Then I checked out their fb. Nope.

>> No.8511926

>>8511922
I hope the mentors do not give them asspats

>> No.8511930

>>8511219
how can you tell they're knock off? Or are you just assuming?

>> No.8511942

>>8511930
IIRC I saved this off tumblr or FB and she listed the socks as offbrand.

>> No.8511951

>>8510999
I actually don't mind this one especially since it's quite flattering to her size. If she wore a better petti, swapped out those fugly leggings for some black tights, and got a better quality/color hat this would be totally acceptable.

>> No.8511990

>>8511839
they probably entered the fashion show

>> No.8511999

>>8510985
girl on the left looks like a pastelbat wannabe

>> No.8512010
File: 688 KB, 1021x597, idk what this is.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8511922

oh god i shouldn't have looked

>> No.8512061

>>8511911
>Looking good
kek

>> No.8512082
File: 200 KB, 538x810, tumblr_ns4mjyVKfL1qbuomwo2_540[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8512101

>>8512082
this is too cute

>> No.8512135

>>8512082
I hope the guy on the right is not a creeper cause I absolutely love his outfits and effort.

>> No.8512141

>>8512082
I wouldn't say either of them are ita
if you're referencing the guy on the right's appearance, that's harsh
I would appreciate if his outfit was a little more fitted, however,but both outfits are nitpicks at best

>> No.8512158

>>8512082
They're both cute outfits

>> No.8512166

>>8512135
A blogger named Sheri makes his clothing. If you check out her blog, Life's Sweet Essentials, you can see how she puts together his outfits. Pretty interesting stuff.

>> No.8512188
File: 61 KB, 400x533, tumblr_ns51bhcvqP1r5rdqjo2_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So apparently Ero is officially bra/bustier + kawaii sweet print now.

>> No.8512193
File: 78 KB, 400x533, tumblr_ns51bhcvqP1r5rdqjo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8512188
>literally just a fucking bra
>stop

>> No.8512200

>>8512188
>>8512193

Welp, 3 makes it officially a trend. It cannot be stopped now, prepare to see more pop up.

>> No.8512203

>>8512010
>can I get a lick?

>> No.8512221

>>8512193
looks like a fuckin primark bra at that
>primark is cute but it is like the bodyline of lingerie
I sincerely hope she's not a eurofag and has bought an expensive bra to semi-justify that clothing choice

>> No.8512258

>>8512166
That blog screams try hard

>> No.8512264

>>8512193
There's a condom in her hair

>> No.8512271

>>8511890
I came onto /cgl/ to just find if someone has posted it yet.

Fucking hell it's awful - and all the "you look adorable!"... Urgh. If it was a girl posting like that it would have wither been removed already or a mentor going "That's not lolita" and that would have been end of discussion. Ass-Pat central.

>> No.8512275

>>8512193
>>8512188
If someone hot was wearing that, I'd fuck them.
she's still ita cause that's not lolita but whatever it is, she's not great at pulling it off.

>> No.8512279

>>8512193
Is... Is that a condom?

>> No.8512284

>>8511911
>wig could still use shoes

>> No.8512289

>>8511890
I hate this new wave of trans women not trying very hard to pass and getting asspats for looking like shit.
This looks terrible on her, it is so unflattering. She has really good potential, I just wish she would not wear that dress and would get bangs or do something with her hair other than shoving bows in it.

>> No.8512294

>>8512264
Omfg

>> No.8512318

>>8512188
That vulgar pose tho
How about no

>> No.8512320

>>8512264
Holy crap I had to do a double take! That seriously takes it to a new territory.

>> No.8512321

>>8512284
Same, did a double take, then giggled.

>> No.8512417

>>8512279
Ero Lolita just put a fucking condom on your head. Just fucking do it.

>> No.8512573

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=57&v=Dhs4zHEGetI

I thought this was a parody at first.

>> No.8512577

>>8512188
Not lolita but I have the weirdest boner

>> No.8512593

>>8512573
There's no way this isn't a parody, especially with the ending.

>> No.8512603

>>8512593
Reminds me of Lashy-Chan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmj-1UTY0QA

>> No.8512642

>>8512573
She really likes roller coasters
I feel as though it has to be a parody. Or a troll, or something.

>> No.8512694

>>8512573
can someone post the link of her things on cgl? I cant seem to find it.

>> No.8512888

>>8512642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uciSQ8Pk-no

>> No.8512898

>>8512888
IKR

>> No.8512919

>>8512264
I never noticed it
Fuck

>> No.8512929

>>8512573
i used to want that choker in pink but now i dont

>> No.8512950

>>8512264
was this posted on Condom Day?

>> No.8513041

>>8511666
No, it doesn't you fucking dipshit.
Nymphette fashion is based almost exclusively off of Nabokov's Lolita. The real, original Lolita. That was set in the mid to late 1940's.

>> No.8513286

>>8512573
>Lolita for 3 months
>3 months now leaving
>Cat ears and choker

Girl stop

>> No.8513289

>>8512573
Oh god she's a furry too. It just got worse

>> No.8513297
File: 250 KB, 960x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8513298

>>8512082
>tfw you want a cute ouji bf like on the left but you'll never find one that's compatible with you...
This is why I play otome games sigh

>> No.8513300

>>8513289
Furry? Oh! I thought she was saying fairy the whole time.

>> No.8513301

>>8513297
Now THIS is ita

>> No.8513306

>>8511890
I hate that group so much. I've asked for permission to post answers far too much only to never get a response or I'm told too late that I'm talking to the wrong person.

>> No.8513337
File: 197 KB, 249x699, 1406232746000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8512193
>condom in the hair
>wearing only a bra with lolita
GURL NO. How goddamn trashy do you have to be?

>>8512929
I have it in pink, it was like 5 dollars or something on ebay. It's pretty cute, don't let this bitch ruin it for you. She probably bought hers for $20+ on storeenvy, kek.

>> No.8513344

>>8512010

That's a man.

>> No.8513347

>>8512188
sigh

>> No.8513349

>>8512603
> I know you can't tell but I'm new to lolita fashion

oh we can tell

>> No.8513354

>>8513297
This is gorgeous. Vendetta

>> No.8513355

>>8512573
Her sister is a seagull, this is fucking gold.

>> No.8513360
File: 52 KB, 618x494, 1429575625383.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8513354
r u 4 real

>> No.8513369

>>8513360
Not that anon, but I quite like the coord itself. It's just the butt ugly necklace and makeup/booger jewellery.
I'd say it warrants a nitpick because if she wiped off her face and removed the collar it would be cute as hell.

>> No.8513386

>>8513369
You don't like how she's coordinated it then, just the dress, and the tights she's worn with it are the same print so that leaves the shoes? She is covered head to toe in the tackiest crap ever, you're really grasping at straws here...

>> No.8513391

>>8513386
I like how she has coordinated it, she just has horrible makeup that doesn't match her outfit and a stupid fetish collar.
It's a jsk with a blouse, accessories, wig, socks, shoes, etc. It is fine until you look at her face and the hideous dangly ball under her chin.

>> No.8513400
File: 2.20 MB, 320x179, 1415298340805.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8512082
The guy on the right though
That's fucking adorable

>> No.8513418

>>8512573
>They were attacking the fact that I was a ferry
Poor Gabi-chan :(

>> No.8513423

>>8513349
>What is a parody?

>> No.8513436
File: 73 KB, 400x533, n33o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

never forget this luxurious beauty
>"my first coord, so exciting"

>> No.8513438
File: 1005 KB, 1169x1456, 20150506_163900-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8512694
I saved an image to put in an ita thread but I'm pretty sure this is her. It was posted with some troll comment taking this piss out of her.
I'm sure she's nice irl but she needs to stop wearing lolita and calm her shit.
I'd try to find the post but it wasn't that interesting plus, I don't remember anything about furries

>> No.8513440

>>8512573
Don't think it's a parody. Does anybody has screencaps of her being posted or her furry OCs?

>> No.8513442
File: 422 KB, 1280x1562, NO.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

there is more of this that i'm sure ya'll have seen but any of the images make me wanna hurl

>> No.8513456

These captchas are making it impossible to browse on a mobile when the pictures are tiny cropped pixellated blobs. My computer got fried by a power surge and my card always gets declined trying to get a 4chan pass...

>>8511233
I think bittersweet or lolita's version of pastel goth can definitely be a thing (maybe not creepycute with stupid eyeball bows everywhere. Perhaps disfigured bunny prints might come under guro), it's just the ones who tend to swing for a niche style tend to be itas and/or short of cash. I definitely don't think any old print or motif in pastel and black works (some are thematically redundant or look plain gaudy) and there needs to be a balance of elements of both styles. Sweet prints that just look nice in black are just that, a toned down sweet look with a different color palatte rather than mixing a dark and cute feel/motifs. Thing is pieces that would work fantastically for this style (like Holy Lantern) aren't always easy to come by. As someone who got into lolita from victorian-tinged western gothic fashion but had her pastel phase before Tumbr existed, some of that stuff really floats my boat.

>> No.8513457

>>8513436
If I had to choose a superpower I'd choose the power to light all of these fugly wigs on fire right now.

>> No.8513466

I worry I will forever be walking that thin line between ita and lolita. I got into it in 2004 when what was available to the western market (and a child) was questionable at best but when I got a hold of the first GLB I became aware that not all lolita was black and white, solid colors or maid-y. There is also a huge mental disconnect between new and old school lolita for me. New school tends to use completely different colors, fabrics, cuts and experiments with other time periods for influence. The rules of what offbrand items you can bring in (poorfag here) are very different. Whilst some things would not be considered 'lolita-looking' enough in 2008-9, they must also be of considerable quality today. The overall look has drifted far away from a victorian doll and I find myself torn (in terms of my taste and spending) between chasing the aesthetic I liked when I was 12 and attempting to follow the current trends of opulence and elegance. There's those questionable urges to wear maxi pad headdresses, frilly UTKs, ears, aprons and anything with a solid base color and white lace/trim. I kind of feel like my style is all over the place and I'm slowly letting go of some of the habits/items I amassed in the early days that just won't fly now.

>> No.8513474

>>8512573
anybody have her btb posts? i don't think i ever saw them

>> No.8513480

>>8513466
There's nothing inherently ita about oldschool, or any of the 'outdated' trends that you have listed, some people say striped socks are ita and the whole thing with cat ears but these people are western noobs who don't know how the japanese market actually works or that brands have been putting out this stuff for years and will continue to do so. I agree with you about the overall aesthetic of lolita has shifted slightly but there will always be a place for oldschool and it will continue to evolve, I've seen some amazing oldschool coords with newschool items incorporated (like chiffon), maybe you could try the other way around and incorporate oldschool opulence with newschool quality? Or just keep doing your thing if you do it well, there isn't ever enough oldschool love in my opinion!

>> No.8513481

>>8513466
Old school isn't ita when it's well done, there's also ways to dress up typically old school items into different styles (berets, blazers, tights, bag and shoe choices etc).

Check out the old school thread for inspiration. I
>>8459710

>> No.8513485

>>8511134
I think I know this guy...

>> No.8513486

>>8512082
I was at this event over the weekend and both of them were very kind and respectful! The elder man was there with his wife and they both were very knowlegable on gothic aristocrat and lolita. Not ita. Try harder.

>> No.8513516
File: 47 KB, 316x600, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"casual ouji"

>> No.8513652
File: 95 KB, 613x388, ferry-seaf_1922466i.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8513418

>> No.8513664

>>8510985
Ha. Left and right are both in my comm.
Dunno who the middle chick is though.

>> No.8513743

>>8511220
I used to be Facebook friends with left girl, and I had to unfriend her because it is so painfully obvious that she is trying ti become e-famous.

>> No.8513749

>>8513306
Same, anon. Also, god forbid you accidentally answer a question thinking that it's another group. Because I have been shouted at for that before, even though I deleted my comment within seconds of posting. I guess all the mods there never make mistakes.

>> No.8513752
File: 26 KB, 512x384, nasty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8512188

>> No.8513756

>>8513301
More like niptick, makeup and kandi jewelry has got to go

>> No.8513763

>>8513442
jfc i could use this dress as blanket and wrap myself in it.

>> No.8513765

>>8513749
I honestly think it's a horrible concept for a group anyway. The mods are like more concerned at fussing at you than anything else.

>> No.8513782

>>8513516
Came here to post this. WTF is this shit?

>> No.8513793

>>8511318
That skirt is from Strawberry Skies, a tiny indie brand. Within the same style, I think.

>> No.8513826

>>8512603
This is a parody. Most of her videos are.

>> No.8513839

>>8513436
This shit looks like age play due to her proportions. She looks like a fat baby.

>> No.8514129
File: 13 KB, 240x320, disgusting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8513289
WHY CAN'T NASTY FURRIES STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM LOLITA.

>> No.8514158
File: 241 KB, 1180x513, 1940vs1950.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8513041
Yes, Nabokov's Lolita was in the set in the 40s but 90% of the tumblr nymphets haven't actually read the damn book, they've just seen the movie. Both of the Movies pull from 50s and 60s girls fashion because 40s fashion wasn't "sexy" enough. Attached is a photo for your stupidity.

>> No.8514201

>>8511134
Only heavily altered. The fully shirred bodice and lack of trim at the hem make it plain and fugly at the same time.
My first coord wasn't horrible, but super plain.
Getting accessories.
kek, lolita is not an identity period. It's clothes. Your clothes should reflect your personality and aesthetic preferences, not the other way around.

>> No.8514218

>>8512082
I can't dislike this, grandpa Adel gets me every time.

>>8511577
>wears fashion named after a term used in correlation with pedophilia
>gets called out
>"omg, you pervert!! It's not sexual!!"
whatever you say, hun.

>> No.8514260

>>8512221
>>8512275
>>8513337
He is Swedish and not a girl.

>> No.8514276

>>8513782
>>8513516
so what exactly is wrong here? i'm open to con-crit.

>> No.8514327

>>8514276
Scrap this outfit and start over.

Lose the ageplay cutsew, it looks like it was made for a 5 year old.
Change your shoes, those boots could work with lolita but definitely not ouji.
Get better tights, the plain black ones look like you're wearing shorts over pants.
When you find a different suitable top, tuck it in. The trousers are high waisted for a reason.
Choose between sweet or gothic. It looks like a completely gothic outfit with the sweet cutsew shoehorned in. It just looks hideous.

>> No.8514331
File: 25 KB, 350x288, nanami-cowbell.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8513297
Everything about this is bad, but especially that weird choker....why

>> No.8514335

>>8514327
thanks anon. any ideas on what i can swap the cutsew with? i did wear
another """casual""" ouji outfit, but im wary of posting it if im that awful at coording.

>> No.8514341

>>8514276
That shirt is incredibly out of place. It doesn't go with the bottom half at all; not in color, not in style, not in theme. I would recommend you not attempt sweet ouji and stick with gothic elements when making coords.

>> No.8514351

>>8514341
thanks anon. i guess i need to find places i can get black shirts then. (good old man shoulders)

>> No.8514366

>>8513297
I want to hate it, but I just...don't.

>> No.8514379

>>8511220
Is this skirt even hemmed? It looks so poorly made.

>> No.8514484

>>8513826
Yeah, no shit.

>> No.8514511

>>8514260
Oh.. just a cross dresser?
Now I want to fuck him.

>> No.8514522

>>8511219
I can't even get past how she stuffed her boobs into such a tight dress, why even

>> No.8514570

>>8514351
Look on ClosetChild for Algonquins or Putumayo cutsews.

>> No.8514637

>>8513652
underrated post

>> No.8514768

>>8512603
dude I fucking love this girl. she and acchirin made a goodwill video that was fantastic

>> No.8514781

>>8512573
I hope this is a parody.... but I legitimately can't tell

>> No.8514798

>>8514768
>references video
>doesn't post link
summerfag

>> No.8514799

>>8514768
where? I can't find it
>>8512573
Fuck her.
>waaah bullying
Step up or get out
Most girls are mean because you're an ita

>> No.8514803

>>8514798
not that anon, but here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsZPOW-jhpE

>> No.8514811
File: 88 KB, 415x720, kitten dude.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8514814

>>8514803
the new kamikaze girls video was funny too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enwxnLnTt74
although I don't think it was as bad as they were making it out to be

>> No.8514828

>>8513297
the makeup... THE MAKEUP...

>> No.8514902
File: 120 KB, 843x843, ita.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

neko-rori uguuu

>> No.8514947

>>8514902
motherfucker, that's bad

>> No.8515000

>>8514335
Try one of these, I'd go for a black blouse.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Victorian-Womens-Long-Sleeve-Tops-High-Neck-Frilly-Ruffle-Shirts-Blouse-/191554378411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2c9987daab

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Black-Gothic-Ruffles-Lolita-Princess-Cosplay-Blouse-Shirt-Top-Tailor-Made-/141316068739?var=&hash=item20e7181583

I'd change the stockings like the other anon said too, something with texture, or OTK's. I'd definitely change the shoes. Try looking at Ouji coords and get some inspiration.
A vest could also look good, because you have a nice figure.

>> No.8515018

>>8512221
primark is the only place that sells bras for big boobs that are comfortable and sturdy... and not hella pricey.

>> No.8515023

>>8514814
They're both really annoying. One is loud and obnoxious, and the other is high pitched every time she talks.
That stupid "Acchiririn" thing is fucking cringy.
They're both trying too hard.

>> No.8515024
File: 354 KB, 768x960, https%3A%2F%2F41.media.tumblr.com%2Fd19cb41ff38d9fd9b3acb12056440da1%2Ftumblr_ns7u0hhDGk1qcj75ho3_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8515026
File: 337 KB, 720x1280, https%3A%2F%2F41.media.tumblr.com%2Fa7e50b95a4c512905bd71f015337e7e4%2Ftumblr_ns7c77vBrW1r996kco1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8515030

>>8513297
is this a replica

>> No.8515062

>>8515024
oh jesus. that makeup is terrifying

>> No.8515065

>>8514811
Dad get out my closet! Goshhhhhhh

>> No.8515079

>>8515030
No it's not.

>> No.8515113

>>8514902
>screaming

>> No.8515286

>>8512573
I honestly feel bad for her, though.
It's no secret that lolitas can be blunt and catty, but for her to have to learn firsthand this way has to be hard.
A lot of new girls who don't know better have this mentality of "why does everyone hate me? I didn't do anything to them...". I know I did when I first started posting on /cgl/ at about her age.

>> No.8515308

>>8515079
Then why does it say carousel graces instead of angelic pretty

>> No.8515319

>>8515308
Because not all of the ones AP made said "Angelic Pretty" on the front. There is a mix between the two.

>> No.8515332

>>8514218
>wears fashion named after a term used in correlation with pedophilia
>gets called out
>"omg, you pervert!! It's not sexual!!"
>whatever you say, hun.

Not defending Nymphet (because I don't know a lot about the fashion) and I know that lolita isn't named after the book.

But am I the only one who finds this highly ironic.

>> No.8515546

>>8514811
I don't know where this was posted, but if it was in any of the fb groups, I bet this received a multitude of asspats.

>> No.8515563

>>8515023
It's a parody... that's the point

>> No.8515574

>>8512188
I hate that I like this ""trend"". I don't even want it to be called lolita, it's just...kind of a cute idea somehow...

>> No.8515589
File: 1.82 MB, 300x264, 1436243477680.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8512188

>> No.8515602

>>8513516
That shirt holy FUCK

Please just burn it oh my god it screams ageplay

>> No.8515612
File: 36 KB, 600x401, 03.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8515024
Makeup on right just reminds me of those fooglie things from Spy Kids.

Jesus take the wheel.

>> No.8515690
File: 67 KB, 576x576, 11667310_10153487376822835_5425830803825529973_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8515699
File: 166 KB, 540x720, 1436235394254.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8515707

>>8515690
I just have one question...

>> No.8515712

>>8515707
Really? The creepers are the best part of the outfit, not appropriate for lolita but neither is the rest of the outfit.

>> No.8515735

>>8515602
>>8515000
>>8514570
thank you all for kicking me in the balls. i'll try not to fuck up too much in future. ive bought some more shirts in black and white and i'll keep my eyes peeled for waistcoats.

>the shirt and another one i didnt wear are now in my fabric box
>maybe i'll turn them into pillows

>> No.8515745

>>8514276
Too many colors, none of which match. Ouji is about the hair and hats, not just the shorts, so keep that in mind (not that we can see that in the pic). If you want to do pastel ouji I'd support it, but do it with a white/pastel base instead of black. Stick with black and darker/more regal colors if the base of the coord (tights/socks, shorts and shoes) is black.

>> No.8515753

>>8515699
Disregarding the Tardis ita, that Wendy cosplayer behind her is pretty cute. (Assuming that is a Wendy.)

>> No.8515848
File: 144 KB, 960x960, 11196354_10205330453655343_5898456140980909411_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8515859
File: 12 KB, 300x137, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8515319
R u retarded

>> No.8515861
File: 1.22 MB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_2015-07-29-04-26-09.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry if this post wrong from phone but cat ears AND soon adding flowers.

>> No.8515862
File: 94 KB, 640x640, tumblr_ns6fu8fUed1tf3floo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8513297
>mixing fetish with lolita
>should have used silver rings
>got awful make up
>fake eyelashes on her cheeks
>tacky accessories
>childrens stickers on her face
>replica that she claims to be AP

Oh dear...just one big mess...

>> No.8515887
File: 84 KB, 560x722, thug lyfe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Avina spends more time thinking about how many things she should put on her head than actually wearing a coordinate. With about a decade of experience under her belt, that's a lot of time spent on hats and hat-related thoughts!

>> No.8515889

>>8515887
>imagines SMT game with a lolita protagonist
>frills in post-apocalyptic Tokyo
>kicking demon ass everywhere
>featuring Dante
>Atlus, pls

sage for off-topic

>> No.8515895

>>8515862
Is...is her tongue...split?

>> No.8515896

>>8515895
Yeeeeeeeep

>> No.8515911

>>8515859
noob, there are multiple versions of the dress since it was made-to-order at one point.

>> No.8515913

>>8515911
Uhhhh why would Angelic Pretty print a totally different name on their dress? Really anon? Stop white knighting.

>> No.8515926

>>8515913
Get out summerfag
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/day-dream-carnival-op

>> No.8515930

>>8515926
All the DDC dresses in that style have Angelic Pretty on the breast. The other words appear on the bottom. Angelic Pretty would not make that mistake.

>> No.8515932

>>8515926
>>8515930
Oh snap son.

>> No.8515933

anyone know what Tiffy is up to these days?

>> No.8515940

>>8515926
I think I know the issue now. My DDC was the first release and has Angelic Pretty on the front breast. So I assume that the re-release had the weird carousel thing on the front and not Angelic Pretty? Probably what's causing the furious confusion on what's a replica and what isn't. Even if it's a replica, that coord was a disaster.

>> No.8515941

>>8511134

is that filthy frank?

>> No.8515954

>>8511237
I hope you get treatment for your eye condition soon, anon.

>> No.8515957

>>8512010
he is kinda cute tho, reminds me of RPDR Max

>> No.8515960

>>8515735
post in the boystyle gen or coord help thread for concrit pls, i like to see seagulls grow.

also that shirt did not look much different from many sweet prints to me

>> No.8515985
File: 337 KB, 1024x768, god i was ita as fuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8511134
Oh god yes I had. I was around the age of 13~14 when I first discovered lolita (back in 2005/2006). I didn't know a thing about brands, all I cared about was looking at all these pretty dresses. My first dress, of course, was some Ebay lacemonster.
Pic related; it's from one of my first cons ever.

A (half?)year later I started doing more research and I learned about brands. I used a middleman service to buy from Yahoo! Japan Auctions, where I ordered my first brand items.
I haven't been into lolita anymore since 2010/2011 though. It was a short period for me which I enjoyed but I kinda had the feeling to 'move on to the next thing'. I sold a lot of stuff, but the only thing I'm really latched to is my first AP top ever; I don't think I will ever be able to sell it.

>> No.8515996

>>8515862
I actually really like her make-up......just not with lolita.

>> No.8515998

>>8513442
She looks like a boss in a old nintendo video game.

>> No.8516083

>>8515862
Her makeup looks like a drag queen at 3am.

>> No.8516139

>>8511220
That blouse on the ouji just don't work

>> No.8516224

>>8515996
ew it's awful with everything anon you should feel bad

>> No.8516312

>>8515018
hell I buy my bras at primark, but that person obviously is flat chested and it's blatantly a cheap bra

wearing a bra with lolita, ero or not, is stupid no matter where the bra is from

>> No.8516320

>>8515957
Please don't insult Max by comparing him to this disaster.

>> No.8516327

>>8515862
She looks like she's batshit crazy. And on top of that ita as fuck.

>> No.8516343
File: 265 KB, 960x1280, tumblr_ns0rc1maR81s9hxveo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

why

>> No.8516428

>>8515985
which one are you?

>> No.8516490

>>8516343
Looking at the filename...
>tumblr
there's your answer.

>> No.8516660

>>8516343
I could forgive this as a difference in taste if it wasn't for that strange cross appendage

>> No.8516680
File: 193 KB, 500x667, tumblr_nrg3bpbl511u5fpdmo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8516682

>>8516680
the sad part is that you can tell she really did try. all that money and planning to look like shit.

>> No.8516684

>>8515941
dont insult the francis of the filth like that

>> No.8516685

>>8511134
I think it can look good with altercations and/or good coordination. The sleeves are still hideous, though.
Nah. I got into lolita by accident at 14 when I started browsing /cgl/ for cosplay. I formed decent taste before I could afford anything.
>>If so, how did you ever outgrow it?
I used to be more into sweet stuff and fairy kei than now, so perhaps I've outgrown that.
Lolita as an identity is already someone who knows what the fashion is and wears it correctly. Anything else is Tumblr talking.

>> No.8516690

>>8515913
>Uhhhh
>>>>tumblr

>> No.8516694

>>8515848
I'm so sick of these itas who don't put forth any effort in their appearance. Lolita isn't just about the clothes, you need to at least attempt some basic make up. Showing your crotch/ass cleavage is so classy, as well. Fuck.

>> No.8516701

>>8516680
I've not seen anyone wear this dress and look good though
Idk whats going on with that necklace sliding off her head

>> No.8516709
File: 91 KB, 750x908, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8515930
The stock photo on lolibrary says Carousel Graces on it. You can barely see it but that is definitely a "C" and not an "A". Chill.

>> No.8516810

>>8515862
God I fucking hate tongue splitting....it's the trashiest of all body modifications

>> No.8516827

>>8516312
>but that person obviously is flat chested
No shit, it's a man

>> No.8516872

>>8516680
So much money to look this bad.

>> No.8516892

>>8515985
Noob here. Why are brands so important?

>> No.8517034

>>8516892
well it's not important that you /have/ brand, it's just you have to know the difference from Angelic Pretty and Milanoo

also if you don't have any knowledge you're going to be laughed at if you say 'guyz can u halp meh find dis dress??? I haz $50 and luv it, it'z mah new dream dress!!!1!!' *insert pic of holy lantern or iron gate*

>> No.8517083

>>8511237
haha

>> No.8517114

>>8516892
brands tend to be higher quality, thus are more coveted. they set the trends of the fashion as well. pieces that weren't "brand" tended to be lower quality back in the day, before the rise of actual good indie brands like haenuli, bunny house, peppermint fox, etc., so having brand was important if you didn't want to look ita.

>> No.8517298

>>8513041
It's actually based mostly off of the second lolita movie

>> No.8517348

>>8515957
How the hell is that cute ? Have we really sunken this low?

>> No.8517357

>>8516343
this is terrible but i love it
cleanse me from my sins

>> No.8517413

>>8516660
agreed...

>> No.8517780
File: 200 KB, 640x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Her owner

>> No.8517976

>>8517780
Idk man. This is cute. Sorry for having shit taste. The worse part is the mismatched makeup, but in this photo it doesnt look so bad. If she just wiped off the black underneath her eyes she would look way fucking better. The wig colors even match, even if i wouldnt wear sonething that sweet with ddc personally.

>> No.8518019

>>8517976
at you're honest.

>> No.8518022

>>8518019
*at least

>> No.8518023

>>8517976
You're not the only one with shit taste. I'm digging her look even harder now that I see her in a full-length photo.

>> No.8518271

>>8516892
The brands are what make the fashion. Brands like Moi Meme Moitie, AP and Baby somewhat started the fashion; I think that cheap, fancydress knockoff's can't compete.

>> No.8518312

>>8517976
Yeah it is ott sweet with bad make up and accessoires so what? Thats all salty bitches, just nitpick. Just like the fukn fawn make up shit and such. The coord itself is ok.

>> No.8518361

>>8511134
I feel like it'll just keep its place in the Bodyline Ita Wardrobe Staples collection like squirrel party and what I can only assume that unicorn print will be in a few months given the hype-letdown it created. You can show as many good coords as possible but that won't change the number of itas that will continue posting their shit coords.
Kind of? I was p well-versed in conventional fashion rules so the only hard part was getting down the "everything is one theme" thing. I did own that bear bodyline dress in the beginning, though, but thank god it didn't' fit right.
It helps I was on cgl before I actually bought anything, so that whole an ounce of prevention is greater than a pound of cure saying really applies. For the rest though, the best way to stop being ita is to let other people boss you around a little bit. Take criticism as an attempt to help, and don't immediately treat it as an attack.
Identity politics have gone Way out of hand and imho you're not lolita if ur not wearing it (or obviously if your horrible/misguided parents named you after the subject of a book publicly misconstrued as a pedophile's wet dream.) If you want to wear other outfits with lolita pieces, all power to you, just make sure it doesn't look like shit, recognize whether it fits the rules of lolita or not and tag accordingly. It's not hard.

>> No.8518363
File: 1020 KB, 400x229, 1396255765938.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8513354
really? With one of those cat-bell style chokers? The hallmark of a full blown weeaboo? Gurl you ita for sure.

>> No.8518375

>>8518363
I think it's supposed to be trashy and you guys can't handle anything outside of the norm so you have to rip it to shreds.
If it hadn't been called lolita, would you still be talking about this? No, because it's fine.

>> No.8518376

>>8517780
>Her owner
Why do you guys have such issues over BDSM relationships or who does what in public?

>> No.8518382

>>8518376
Mixing it with lolita isnt the best. I don't have a problem with BDSM but mixing it with lolita just doesnt go.

>> No.8518383

>>8518375
>it's supposed to be trashy
That's kind of the problem right there.

>>8518376
The issue isn't BDSM relationships, it's how fucking obvious it is in public. Public settings are not the places to flaunt what you're doing in your bedroom. It makes people uncomfortable. You can do whatever the fuck you want if you're an adult, but have the decency to know the time and place.

>> No.8518384

>>8518376
Don't bring your fetishes out in public. It's common decency.

>> No.8518386

>>8518376
Most people have issues with couples living out their sex life in public.

>> No.8518390

>>8518361

>I wasn't ita before I even wore lolita and Bodyline is eww...

You sound like you've not been in the fashion very long but still up your own ass.

I know you want the approval of your peers but the 'let everyone tell you how to dress and don't you ever dare experiment so you don't stick out like the nail that will be hammered down' approach is laying it on a bit thick.

>> No.8518392

>>8518375
>supposed to be trashy
>with a style that is all about being classy

Choose one

>> No.8518405

>>8511134
The print itself does not need "saving" - it is a solid print but people often coord it badly. It's not a staple, but due to the design it is more common that it will be ita.
Yes
I am just starting to. It pretty much consisted of my expanding my wardrobe to the point where I can coord with ease, I used to have a lot of problems with shoes not matching well but I got some base pairs that look good with most of my dresses now.
Identity politics are disgusting and I wish they would burn and die. The word has been forever soured in my eyes. Lolita as an "identity" seems ridiculous, but I would say that I am a lolita (which is pretty much the same thing as saying I identify as one) so I guess it is not so much... Someone can decide she is a lolita at any point, but don't say you "identify" as one. Just please no. Saying identity is (to me) a very noncommittal term. It's like "I think I am this but idk so i just say that word so if people don't think i am i don't need to justify it"

>> No.8518413

>>8518376
basically keep that shit to yourself. It's called decorum.

>> No.8518423

>>8518382
>>8518383
>>8518384
>>8518386
>>8518413
Prudes.

>> No.8518424

>>8511134
It's an ugly design both for lolita, otome and steampunk. So it's doomed.
I don't think so since I learned about lolita on /cgl/ and was capable of clothing myself before that.
Lolita isn't an identity. Being a nostalgic weeb might be an identity but lolita isn't (at least nowadays in the west it isn't).
And every time someome says they are "a lolita" as an identity they just mean they want to feel cuter than the other girls.

>> No.8518426

>>8518423
Yes, asking for consent is so 20th century and prudish.

>> No.8518449

>>8512082
Lee pace?

>> No.8518452

>>8514260
>swedish
it figures so much

>> No.8518453

>>8518390
I'm saying a lot of bodyline prints are too often poorly coorded/not worn with a blouse and the ita stigma is always going to be there, not to mention balloon bears isn't exactly the hallmark of good taste. I've seen a few cute squirrel party coords, but for every one of them, I've seen eight that are just plain bad. Anyways, believe it or not, researching lolita at least a little bit before purchasing the clothing tends to create better results if you don't have a ton of money than blowing all your cash on skeleton tights and squirrel party (though it didn't save me from that damned cotton-candy twintail wig) It does help that I didn't immediately start dressing in lolita when I was initially interested in the fashion at 13 because I am without a doubt sure I'd have a picture of pizza faced me in a black and white lace abomination hidden away somewhere. I'll admit still I do have a lot to learn, but that being said, lack of decent color coordination and just generally not listening are what really dooms most itas, not "daring to be different" in a niche subculture with fairly strict rules that's full of notoriously catty women.
Also I forgot to say Constructive criticism but you miss a few things when writing in such a small box.

>> No.8518454

>>8518453
Didn't mean to make that as dense and long as it was sorry

>> No.8518455

>>8514811
Ray sipe?

>> No.8518464
File: 226 KB, 461x513, condoms r so rori.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8512279
Did you guys not hear that the fall 2015 rori must have is just condoms everywhere?

>> No.8518492

>>8517976
i kind of agree, but only if she got rid of some of those stupid necklaces

>> No.8518507

>>8518464
>unused
plebs

>> No.8518522
File: 107 KB, 960x1280, FB_IMG_1438220271187.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not sure why, but looking at this hurts my eyes.

>> No.8518527

>>8518522
The worst part is there's nothing specific about the outfit I can really pinpoint it's just... bad.

>> No.8518544

>>8518522
I feel so sorry for itas that you can tell really tried, you can tell she didn't just throw all of together and called it a day but it still didn't work

>> No.8518600

>>8511792
They're just these in black mang

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/new-2014-brand-princess-round-toe-wedge-platform-lolita-shoes-japanese-uniform-pumps-8-5-cm/2000049766.html

>> No.8518608

>>8511219
>worried about knocking off a monochrome fucking criss cross pattern

>>8511220
Finally, someone is wearing that White Rabbit ouji set! Wish they had a less costumey wig.

>>8511890
I guess like we were in pre-school and trying on the most tackiest costumes in the dress up box to be "beautiful princesses", these trans women must start out by finding tasteful pieces. I know someone like this. Early on, they found the most gaudiest dresses, and would look straight past how ill-fiiting they were, and just couldn't understand why people thought it looked horrible.

>> No.8518613

>>8512279
Must be my virgin vision - I can't see any condom

>> No.8518626

>>8514811
Everyone is allowed to dream

>> No.8518628

>>8518626
Not him

>> No.8518632

>>8518522
The cheap plastic lace ruined this, and maybe the starry punk socks.. she'd be a cute Oldschool lolita though.

>> No.8518724

>>8512135
He's not, he's a really cool guy. Him and Sheri are both really sweet people.

>> No.8518730

>>8512193
Not even a good fitting one *cries*

>> No.8518741

>>8518613
It's still in the package, and it's behind the star clip in her hair.

>> No.8518992

>>8518423
Something wrong with that?

>> No.8519034

>>8518522
The poof-shape is really nice, at least. Everything else? Awful.

>> No.8519054

>>8518992
Stop triggering me!

>> No.8519121

>>8515026
She needs to do something with her hair, but I like this as a punk lolita outfit.

>>8515690
Upskirt shot, so kawaii

>>8515887
>>8515889
This needs to happen.

>>8518449
Can't unsee. Bless you anon.

>> No.8519210

>>8518423
As a kinky lolita I'm gonna go ahead and say you're an idiot if you think being respectful and mindful of boasting your kink shit in public (where minors can see as well) is prusish. People who do this cringey obnoxious public bdsm shit are the people who make it worse.

>> No.8519479

>>8519210
AMEN!

>> No.8519559

>>8511572
But why... why the hell would people pick tags not related to their posts? I don't tag my classic con coords with ''sweet lolita'' because I'm going to wear a sweet coord the next day, for shit's sake.

>> No.8519670

>>8515030
>>8515319
It's a replica.

>> No.8519688

>>8516709
That dress is in my closet and it says "Angelic Pretty".

>> No.8519697

>>8519688
Yeah, mine says angelic pretty on it as well, the only times ive seen it say carousel graces on the bodice piece is when it has been a replica

>> No.8519739

>>8513297
She says mew and nyaaaa all the time

>> No.8519741

>>8511572
>I want to get mad at you for calling me out on whoring all the tags but I have literally no argument.

This is all I hear.

>> No.8519743

>>8519697
I'm not saying it isn't a replica, but if that's true, then why does this photo >>8516709 from here say carousel graces? and that pic is from this:
http://lolibrary.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/apparelpreview/ddcop_8.jpg

what >>8515911 said makes sense to me. again I'm just wondering why the actual AP photo says 'carousel graces' on it if supposedly only the replicas say it.

>> No.8519769

>>8518522
So much potential, but the pink turns the skirt into a lacemonster, and the star socks are too mallgoth.
With a plainer skirt, white lace-topped UTKs, and black MJs, this would be a beautiful oldschool coord.

>> No.8519801

>>8519743
I'm not sure why they would print Angelic Pretty on some and Carousel Graces on others, but I have the same version of the dress than the ita girl is wearing and it says AP.
So yeah, maybe it's a different release. But still.

>> No.8519846

>>8518375
No, they wouldn't be talking about it because this is a board for Lolita and cosplay. I didn't think it would be that hard.

>> No.8520017
File: 331 KB, 1800x1393, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love itas who try to be condescending like they know what they're talking about.

>> No.8520065

>>8520017
admin vivian is so cut throat and i love it.

>> No.8520092

>>8519743
>>8519801
Even if some genuine AP pieces do, for whatever reason, say Carousel Graces on them, >>8513297 does not - it says Carrousel Graces. It's a replica.

>> No.8520137
File: 472 KB, 1800x1339, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh dear I'll never reason with him/her/sissyman

>> No.8520160
File: 467 KB, 1242x2208, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8520137
Oh man

>> No.8520418
File: 128 KB, 720x960, 11796380_10153113285548507_1642775530401946829_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I died, fresh from COF

>> No.8520619
File: 248 KB, 1242x2208, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This butthurt tho

>> No.8520691
File: 382 KB, 640x960, 1438224808964.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8517780
With my very limited phone editing app. I kind of fixed it.
Its a nice coord, just needs to lose the make up, collar and probably the Wig.

>> No.8520888
File: 73 KB, 570x960, 11161365_10204286430262647_3263520164051848666_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8521379

>>8520418

It's like a walking warning: EATING MACORONS ALL DAY LONG WILL GIVE YOU THE BEETUS!

>> No.8521761
File: 138 KB, 1920x2560, fw07doll.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

feelin the og ita right now

>> No.8521764
File: 47 KB, 600x800, 331oj05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521761

>> No.8521771
File: 15 KB, 260x480, 2d3lw2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521764

>> No.8521777
File: 13 KB, 241x480, 2h3ner7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521771

>> No.8521781
File: 30 KB, 350x639, 2889jqd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521777

>> No.8521782
File: 126 KB, 333x500, 3268812078_914f22658a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521781

>> No.8521783
File: 25 KB, 300x398, Carnations_I__ll_Never_Forget__by_kayleigh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521782

>> No.8521785
File: 121 KB, 375x500, 562571784_5a6b44fac7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521783

>> No.8521787
File: 72 KB, 600x450, Lolita_Fun_by_Sanada_Ookami.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521785

>> No.8521790
File: 80 KB, 600x538, cosplay__original_goth_loli_by_demonessladyoroko.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8521787

>> No.8521852

>>8520418
>food themed meetup

Keeekkkkkkkk

>> No.8521855

>>8520619
High school tier drama right there

>> No.8522207

>>8518423
>I have no proper counterargument against any of these posts so I will just call you all names instead

>> No.8522266

>>8518522
Replace lace with decent lace, do something about the bangs, wear plain black OTKs with black shoes, do something about sad bows, and add decent makeup (blush, eyeshadow, remove monster brows) and it would look decent.
In short, change pretty much everything and it might work as plain oldschool.

>> No.8522287

>>8521777
Oh god, her expression. I hope she realises it's not very lolita to stare dramatically off-camera as a BGM plays in her head. Also, which part of that did she think is lolita? All I see are shorts over shorts, some weird maid-inspired shirt, and weirdass sleeves. It looks more like terrible cosplay.

>> No.8522289

>>8521790
The name says it all, doesn't it.

>> No.8522842

>>8510985
ya'll are straight fucking retarded
girl on the left is wearing Swankiss so she's likely going for that style, middle is lolita and right is decora

>> No.8522863
File: 228 KB, 1371x2048, leanwithit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8522932

>>8522842
They all still look like trash