[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 112 KB, 900x602, the_forest____by_bryanrogers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8498221 No.8498221 [Reply] [Original]

Anything you've dreamt about that is /cgl/-related in any way (nightmares included).

For me, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to cosplay and I'm never happy unless the costume is perfect. So whenever I am in the process of making a cosplay I have these recurring dreams of walking around the con dressed as that character except my costume is completely half-assed and falling apart. Scares me shitless every time.

>> No.8498251

I almost always have dreams before a con where I forget major pieces of my costume, like a wig something like that and I'm forced to go without. Super minor but I think it just relates to my fear of forgetting to pack something, even though I always make lists and what not haha

>> No.8498524

>>8498221
I had a dream that someone bought the skirt I was selling and I woke up really excited because I had money

Then I realized it was a dream

>> No.8500825

>>8498251
I always print a reference pic of my character and list all the things that need to be brought on it to help pack. Then the picture helps me when I'm putting it on so everything goes together correctly (bracelet on left arm, bangs to one side, etc)

>> No.8500839

I had a dream in which I ate my dream dress. It was strangely satisfying.

>> No.8500845

I had a dream that I went to Fanime and was panicking because I don't have my artist alley stuff ready.

I woke up realizing that it's not May yet and I never even been to Fanime.

>> No.8501378

I often have dreams about horrible things happening at cons: disasters like zombie virus outbreaks, meteor showers or volcanic eruptions. Or nuclear bombs that somehow turn everyone into the character they're cosplaying.

I did once have a dream where all the Homestucks became a hive mind and marched into Canada.

>> No.8501383

>Forgot the bodypaint at con
>Didn't finish
>Got into a row with a group member about how she made her corset
>Dreaming about a better way to paint a thing I'm painting
>Hot air gun burnt shit
>Loads more I've forgot.
and the worst?

>Dreaming I get up in the morning, breakfast and shit, then get sewing my cosplays and make progress. Just to then wake up and need to go do it all over again.

>> No.8501390

I had a dream that I was dying from a terminal illness and my last request to my fiance was that he would bury me with all of my brand. At my funeral people were placing brand items on my casket, it was a very weird dream.

>> No.8501500

I had a dream I got lewd with a reverse trap cosplayer.
Then I woke up and realized it would never happen.

>> No.8501503

My only dream was that I actually finished a cosplay months before a con.

>> No.8502151

>>8500839
I had the weirdest dream once- all my brand had gone missing, and I looked all over the house for it, and when I opened my shower curtain Pixyteri was there. She had made herself a nest from the brand and was eating the chocolate-themed pieces. I remember that in the dream she was hiding from her mother b/c she'd smeared paint all over herself to look like Venus (it made sense in the dream I swear) and she was on a diet, so she could only eat clothes.
It was incredibly vivid and oddly disturbing. I don't even own anything chocolate themed.

>> No.8502579

>>8502151
that sounds like some Yami Shibai shit

>> No.8502622

>>8498221
Most of them have been dreams where I bring a really complex cosplay to a con, get there, and realize I forget one piece of the costume and decide to drive 5+ hours back home by myself over night to get the piece I'm missing. Most annoyingly stressful dream ever.

>> No.8504269
File: 35 KB, 379x444, nightmare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think it's a thing seagulls have.