[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 50 KB, 226x320, BarneySober.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8493352 No.8493352[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How many people don't drink whatsoever at conventions? Is it really a big thing to drink at anime cons or to just go to cons and drink?

For fitness, health and to avoid drama i'm deciding to abstain from drinking but i'm worried about being looked down, or ridiculed for not drinking. It just feels like thats all everyone does.

>> No.8493353

literally no one gives a shit whether you drink at a convention or not, stop being such a sperglord thinking anyone cares about what you do

>> No.8493362

>>8493352
I have an alcohol allergy and drink soft drinks or tea after con and no-one cares.

It's just a pain being that one sober person when everyone else around you is "SOOOOOO DRUNK OH MY GODDDDDD"

>> No.8493371

A lot of people who drink at cons A. drink socially anyway B. are alcoholics C. just want to get really wasted at a con because it is fun for them and they like that whole aspect.

Personally I don't but I'm 20 and booze upsets my stomach, it's something genetic I think. But you won't get ridiculed unless you are specifically hanging out with the binge-drinking crowd

>> No.8493372

>>8493362
This, and then there are those shit heads who keep bragging about how they're better than you because they drink. And how it's SO MUCH better to drink at cons and shit.

>> No.8493374

I'm actually a really mean/violent drunk, and I'm not entirely sure why. But I abstain completely from alcohol because of it, since I don't want to end up punching somebody in the face at a party. It's weird how many people will insist that I'm just exaggerating and try to force drinks on me anyway, though.

>> No.8493379

If you're invited to a room party or something with friends, just grab a plastic cup and fill it with soda (do it yourself) people are less likely to annoy you if they see an unidentified drink in your hand.

Anyone asks you just hold up the cup and say "nah im good". most drunk people are too drunk to badger you then

>> No.8493387

>>8493353
Agreed, only time people get upset is when you drink so much and become a problem. I've never had an alcoholic beverage in my life and the people really don't care. Sometimes they like having me there as I do bring booze and since I don't drink that's just more for everyone.

>> No.8493392

>>8493379
This. No one will usually even notice if you have a cup of some kind of drink. Just don't make a big deal about it and it's likely no one else will even be able to tell. I think it's stupid to spend con time drunk and miss a lot of stuff or be tired and hungover.

>> No.8493408

I drink at cons casually with my friends because it is usually the only time of the year I have a hotel nearby and therefore dont have to worry about being a designated driver. Also cons are usually a mini vacations so I might blow off some steam built up from work and adult life. That said we never get sloppy drunk and can host a party where even those not drinking can have mocktails and just chill and talk.

Whenever I read threads like this it just sounds that people are drinking with the wrong crowd. Get better drinking buddies.

>> No.8493409

No one cares if you don't drink just don't be that guy that wont drink for fitness reasons but then drinks soda. Also having someone who can drive for a late night food fun is always good.

>> No.8493452

Nobody honestly care if you drink or do not drink as long as you're not an asshole about your choices. Seriously you're not a snowflake if you are involved in drinking or not. Most people will respect your choice of not drinking. The ones who will get On you are the younger fucks who think they're cool for drinking at a con. Everyone else don't care.

>> No.8493453
File: 138 KB, 352x444, 1437249086445.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8493352
Because I don't like the taste of alcohol. I'm also too young to legally drink

>> No.8493542

Frankly, anyone who gives you shit over drinking or not drinking probably isn't a good friend. And this is coming from a big drinker.

There's also levels of how much people are drinking. There's "yeah let's have a few in the hotel room" through to "let's throw a huge rager and get security called" and the latter, honestly, is really dumb. You're gonna be fucking wrecked and tired tomorrow for the con you paid to be at, and risk a shit ton of stupid disasters. I have friends that try and throw a mega rager every con basically, and without fail Facebook floods with "my phone broke" "my keys are missing" "who threw up in my hoodie" "security kicked us out of the Marriott"

>> No.8493756

Tbh I wouldn't be worried at being looked down upon. The only time there is usually backlash is when the ones who don't drink judge the ones who are. As long as you express you're chill with people no one is ganna care.

>> No.8493866

>>8493352
Why does it even matter? Why can't anyone here act like decent humans?

>> No.8493872

op you are a total faggot

>> No.8493967

>>8493352
I drink sporadically but this year, I'm the designated driver. And to think I was ready to experiment with non-beer alcohol.