[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 305 KB, 960x1280, 1429798054004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8466382 No.8466382 [Reply] [Original]

It has been a bit since the last thread so let's start a new one up. Some of the age old questions to start off, I suppose.

>What is your favorite style? Are you more kogal or do you fall more along the general preppy route?
> Leg wear? Do you prefer tights, thigh highs, knee length?
> What's better: loafers or will any preppy shoe style work for you?
> Your skirts: plaid or solid? Cardigan or blazer?
> Any certain hairstyles you fall on when you're wearing it?
> Where do you wear it? Is it your uni. wear, con only, daily...?
> And where are your favorite places to shop? Obviously there is bodyline, ebay, thrifting...but do you also wait until things pop up on y!jp auctions to get more authentic things?

>> No.8467296
File: 51 KB, 700x550, 3fcc8a47805f8c64d02d1879f8f7cf6e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8466382
>What is your favorite style? Are you more kogal or do you fall more along the general preppy route?
General preppy. I wear general cutesy stuff, not exactly jfashion (more c/k) but it probably falls under general preppy.
OTKs for the win. Second is tights.
Cute shoes. Not tea parties, but similar to old school BTSSB heart buckle shoes.
Plaid and cardigan usually, but I'll never turn down a fitted blazer.
Just down. My hair reaches below hips, so that's a statement in itself.
It's normal for me at this point. So I suppose daily?
> And where are your favorite places to shop? Obviously there is bodyline, ebay, thrifting...but do you also wait until things pop up on y!jp auctions to get more authentic things?
Taobao is my main thing, but I go to Conomi for all their bows. Mostly mainstream stores in China sell this style for cheap.

> Pic is similar to what my nanchatte inspiration is.

>> No.8467456
File: 216 KB, 960x1280, 1422133003628.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey! I've wanted to get into this style for quite a while, but my source of inspiration is very scarce yet. OP's pic is my favourite type, cutesy with lots of pink and yellow.
I appreciate help and tips, any light you can give me!

I like the general preppy more, with a softer colour palette.
Tights, they look more put-together.
I like loafers a lot. Mary Janes with low heels get my attention a lot.
I like both plaid and solid skirts. But cardigans always have my preference.
I'd wear it with a short bob wig. Or my actual hair when it gets longer, I have curly curls.
I intend on making it a daily wear.

Pic related to my general intention of looks.

>> No.8468059
File: 67 KB, 512x512, 1432955079458.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do you coordinate your outfits? Does your tie match your skirt, or does it contrast? Is everything just based on "what looks good together" personal taste, or are there actual rules? I'm actually not a huge fan of overly-matchy sets, but I'm also not very confident in my ability to pair colors.

I'm in the process of putting together a hypothetical outfit around a forest-green plaid skirt, but it's going very slowly because I keep second-guessing myself.

>> No.8469041

>>8468059
I personally think you can do better than pick the palette of the plaid and work around it. Forest green looks great with shades of ochre and reddish browns. So maybe the shoes and accents like that, and the bow in the same shade of green as the skirt.

>> No.8469045

>>8469041
I meant better to* but my phone is dumb. Sorry.

>> No.8471711

Screw you guys, I'm bumping.

>> No.8471895
File: 115 KB, 800x518, 11801_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm looking specifically for a really traditional japanese look in uniforms. I almost want a gothic look. I guess sort of Yukiko from Persona 4, Enma Ai/Hell Girl, Gogo Yubari, etc. where the plainness kind of speaks for itself. Pic related. Some of us want to be dark nanchatte demons.

>What is your favorite style? Are you more kogal or do you fall more along the general preppy route? "Preppy" side.
I'm trying to go for a very reserved, traditional japanese style now.
Thigh highs are life. I use knee length usually only because they tend to be more readily available. Same to tights, but I do like certain tight patterns a lot.
I just really like loafers. I enjoy heels a lot, but I'm not sure if it works for a Nanchatte look all the time.
> Your skirts: plaid or solid? Cardigan or blazer? Actually, I've been looking into houndstooth, if anyone can recommend me something like that. I prefer solid otherwise. Cardigan and blazers are both great. I think I prefer cardigans, though.
Straight, long black hair with bangs with a headband as an accessory if I use it.
I want to wear it as normal clothing.
> And where are your favorite places to shop? Obviously there is bodyline, ebay, thrifting...but do you also wait until things pop up on y!jp auctions to get more authentic things? I'm just now starting. I honestly don't know where to buy. I can tell you as a lolita I was never fond of Bodyline's quality, so I don't intend to look there.

I'd love authentic, if anyone knows how/where to get those. I'm also personally wanting to find some actual Nanchatte Japanese brands. Does anyone have a list of them maybe? I was hoping there might be something like that since I know there's stores popping up for them everywhere.

>> No.8471902
File: 190 KB, 970x546, ku-bigpic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8471895
Oops. Fucked up some of my greentext.

Just wanted to post this here since I thought it as cute and it reminded me of how important length is. What do you all personally prefer for skirt length?

I know traditional can be a bit longer, even below the knees, but I tend to like my skirts on the short side.

>> No.8472118
File: 129 KB, 640x640, 1433166020734.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8471902
I prefer short skirt length personally. The whole cardigan-swamping-skirt look is really cute to me.

> pic related

>> No.8472349

>>8471902
I really like mid-thigh skirts with more fitted tops. The comfy oversized look is cute, but I'm not very curvy so good fitting is the best I can get.

Does anyone know of Japanese magazines that cover this subject?

>> No.8474283

>>8471902
I want to wear my skirt like a mini but since my butt is much too big for that, I go mid thigh. Luckily, I can still achieve the oversized look with that length.

>> No.8474368

>>8471902
I like wearing a skirt about mid-thigh length, since I like the look of short skirts with a baggy cardigan, but am too nervous to wear a butt short skirt around.

>> No.8474383

I like the general preppy style, with a baggy cardigan, tie/ribbon around a white dress shirt, a short skirt and long socks.

Thigh highs for sure! I'll wear tights when it's cold or otk socks if it's super warm.

I like wearing mary janes with a small heel, or my low cut Converse for a casual everyday look.

I have both plaid and solid skirts. I much prefer a baggy cardigan, since it feels really comfy.

I just wear my hair down, or tie the top half of my hair up to keep it out of my eyes.

I wear it every day.

I like buying from Taobao for bows and tights or socks. Bodyline has been my go-to for skirts, but I've been browsing Y!Japan auctions lately to try and nab a winter skirt. For cardigans, I find the local thrift shop has tons.

>> No.8475576 [DELETED] 

>>8466382
>>What is your favorite style? Are you more kogal or do you fall more along the general preppy route?
General preppy!
>> Leg wear? Do you prefer tights, thigh highs, knee length?
Tights, I love thigh highs but something about them to me seems too seductive about them?
>> What's better: loafers or will any preppy shoe style work for you?
Mary janes, followed by Oxfords. Depends if I want a bit of heel, or if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking around that day.
>> Your skirts: plaid or solid? Cardigan or blazer?
Both & cardigans. Can't find a blazer that doesn't look too business to me.
>> Any certain hairstyles you fall on when you're wearing it?
High ponytail, pigtails, bun.
>> Where do you wear it? Is it your uni. wear, con only, daily...?
Daily wear. It mashes with my otome wear so it doesn't look too out of place or unexpected!
>> And where are your favorite places to shop?
Bodyline & thrift, I never had much success with eBay or Taobao. I also buy some of my uniform stuff like knitted vests and cardis from the uniform shop local to me.

>> No.8475581
File: 370 KB, 1000x1500, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>What is your favorite style? Are you more kogal or do you fall more along the general preppy route?
General preppy!
>> Leg wear? Do you prefer tights, thigh highs, knee length?
Tights, I love thigh highs but something about them to me seems too seductive about them?
>> What's better: loafers or will any preppy shoe style work for you?
Mary janes, followed by Oxfords. Depends if I want a bit of heel, or if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking around that day.
>> Your skirts: plaid or solid? Cardigan or blazer?
Both & cardigans. Can't find a blazer that doesn't look too business to me.
>> Any certain hairstyles you fall on when you're wearing it?
High ponytail, pigtails, bun.
>> Where do you wear it? Is it your uni. wear, con only, daily...?
Daily wear. It mashes with my otome wear so it doesn't look too out of place or unexpected!
>> And where are your favorite places to shop?
Bodyline & thrift, I never had much success with eBay or Taobao. I also buy some of my uniform stuff like knitted vests and cardis from the uniform shop local to me.

>> No.8475794
File: 430 KB, 816x596, things.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just getting a taobao order with some stuff to put together atm ;u; really excited to put a few outfits together for general outings

I like the preppy look
I have some thigh highs but generally prefer tights.
I have some mary janes and some brogues to work with
Either way for skirts, I have a couple of cardigans and blazers, in school though I usually wore both during cold days.
messy buns/twin buns
hoping for just occasions, like shopping with friends, running errands or stuff like that
So far taobao has been really good to me, got some super cute stuff and a longer skirt i'm really interested in (6ft tall so i'm afraid short skirts might just show off all the things) and I could also work it into my planned mori outfit for halloween.
Maybe when I have saved up I will buy from Japan... currently saving to go there on holiday so maybe I can go to some physical stores too '3'

>> No.8477760

Yo, I'm going to be ordering this hopefully:

http://kerashop.jp/U1301.doit?goods=4741272

Does anyone know if I'll need a mail service for kerashop? Thanks.

>> No.8477774

Are there any examples out there of Westerners pulling off this style? It's super cute but I'm afraid of looking too childish :(

>> No.8477839

I wish there was a way to do this as a guy and not look completely cosplay

>> No.8477857

More preppy I guess
Thigh highs and tights.
I certainly do like loafers. I really like oxfords with a heel. I have also worn moto boots and converse type sneakers.
I love both plaids and solids! I have some navy suiting sitting around I'm going to make a skirt out of. It's actually for a cosplay but it'll double up as a casual skirt just fine. And I'd love to get some more plaids in unusual colours (like pink, turquoise, and purple, or interesting mixes of colour). Blazers look nice but cardigans are sooo comfy. I also like vests and v-neck sweaters.
I do like twintails but I feel like the combo of schoolgirl skirt and that looks a bit too much. I usually stick to a big sock bun, half up half down or just loose, and I put bows, small flowers or headbands in my hair. Sometimes I braid it but I'm terrible at braids...
It's everyday wear for me, but I don't wear it daily, if that makes sense? I wear it to school, to hang out with friends, on errands...
I thrifted most of my stuff except for a black seifuku from aliexpress. I'd also liked to make a few things, and I'm considering getting some skirts from Bodyline when I have more spare funds.

>> No.8478015

>>8477839
You mean to crossdress as a girl or to dress in a male version? Because you can pull off a preppy look without looking like you're cosplaying as a guy just fine. Wear a loose cardigan over a polo or dress shirt with a tie and some nice dress pants. It'll look totally normal.

>> No.8478039

>>8472118
>The whole cardigan-swamping-skirt look is really cute to me.
>tfw it my favourite look but boobs and hips say "no"
Fitted it is, I guess.

>> No.8478069

where's a good place to start looking for baggy cardigans ??

>> No.8478090

>>8478069
I was just about to post the same thing. I'm looking for something like >>8472118 pastel colors and really cozy looking, if anyone has any recommendations.

>> No.8478149

>>8478069
>>8478090
I've had really good luck at thrift shops, but I've seen cute pastel cardigans at F21 as well. You can always look online for brands like Fancy Pocket and Conomi, but they're much pricier.

>> No.8478360

Anyone have any suggestions for those of us starting out? I would love to get at least one outfit. They look perfect for casual wear

>> No.8479233

>>8477760
Yes you will

>> No.8479248

>>8478015
I can't imagine men's outfit that's actually nanchatte and not just plain preppy (while not being cosplay)

>>8477774
seconding this

>> No.8479282
File: 155 KB, 1061x765, seifuku-1[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like traditional seifuku best of all, aside from that I like general preppy stuff, since I like longer skirts.

Tights or kneesocks, I feel like OTKs and thighhighs can quickly diverge into sexy schoolgirl look if you're not careful

I really like flat maryjanes, but I'm super picky with loafers. They have to be just so.

Depends on my mood, but typically solids with cardigans.

I have a pixie cut, so I just wear a cute matching hairband.

Cons for lazy days, and sometimes just out and about.

> And where are your favorite places to shop? Bodyline for my ultraweeb seifuku, aside from that I go to French Toast and Kohl's for genuine uniforms.

>> No.8479340

>>8466382
I'm more into the preppy style. However, I like to go comfortable with the long skirts, boots, etc.
Mock thigh highs and knee high socks are top tier for me.
Any preppy shoe style. I like to wear flats sometimes as well that match the type of legwear I use.
Plaid skirts, solid cardigan.
Either ponytail or little pigtail on the side of my head with my hair down. Something like that.
Daily wear.
I usually go to Taobao or F21 to get my cardigans and legwear.

>> No.8479405

>>8466382
So I have a decent enough collection of skirts, blouses, and cardigans but for the life of me I can't seem to find a good fitted blazer that will accommodate my cow tits/let me button it up. I'm a 28F for reference. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

>> No.8480248
File: 266 KB, 500x740, schoolio.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

General preppy.
Thigh highs and knee length.
Maryjanes!
Plaid always. Cardigan.
Pigtails/open hair parted
Almost daily
Anywhere, Im no brand whore, if i see a store carrying something preppy/schoolgirl lookin, i grab it!

Pic related is me, thats my daily look. I normally dont wear the thigh highs however.

>> No.8480365

>>8478039
If your legs are thin, then it could be nice. Similar to empire waist dresses in lolita, a floaty type of dress (or outfit in this case) combined with thin legs or flattering legwear looks very nice. Hard to pull off, but nice.

>>8478069
>>8478090
Size up in the average store, but you can check out taobao with 毛衣 (cardigan).

>> No.8480433

>>8475794
Looks cute anon! Source and review on the top right jumper/set and the bottom blazer? Thanks in advance!

>> No.8480445
File: 117 KB, 340x1014, 2015.5.18.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Probably generally preppy. I like it to be preppy but mature, so I can wear it to jobs/internships/gradschool and still look professional
Knee length, tights, or baggy bunched up short socks
I have some nonslip steve madden laceup shoes that I love. Or some cute girly boots.
Mostly solid for skirts. Cardigans as of now but I'm in the market for a cute blazer once it starts getting cold
Half up, pigtail braids, frenchbraid bangs
Pretty much anywhere. But like I said, I kind of keep it toned down.
> And where are your favorite places to shop? Obviously there is bodyline, ebay, thrifting...but do you also wait until things pop up on y!jp auctions to get more authentic things.
Haven't really bought anything online yet, mostly find lots of cute skirts and shoes in thrift stores, and get cardigans and plain shirts from F21 or target.

>> No.8480449
File: 145 KB, 480x360, 1422132641392.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8479248
I'd suggest something like vests and waists cut at the waist. It's harder to find outside Japan, but something like pic related could be for guys with a little editing for your body type.

>>8478360
Tops are basic white collared shirts that you can find anywhere. Skirts are just pleated skirts, designs/patterns not necessary. The bowtie or normal tie and blazer/cardigan/vest is really what starts to tug it into nanchette territory. The art in >>8479282 is good inspiration.

>> No.8480452

>>8480445
you have potential but your taste level and styling skills are minus 0 into infinity so we'll never see you in a cute get up. such a shame.

>> No.8480463
File: 144 KB, 640x640, 1432964996158.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8480449
this one is also something that with a little editing would work well with guys.

>> No.8480587

>>8475794
Aaah long pleated skirts! Been looking for them everywhere, links would be greatly appreciated.

>> No.8480623

>>8480452
Take your salt elsewhere anon.

I think if we saw you with more accessories and a cardigan you'd look super cute!

>> No.8480637

>>8480623
What kind of accessories do you recommend? I'm currently rebuilding my closet so would love any suggestions.
And yeah, I just didn't have a cardigan on that day. I know it didn't technically hit all the marks but it was nanchatte inspired!

>> No.8480665

>>8480637
It's always good to experiment! I'd go with a more formal shirt style, but I think browns and neutral tones still work well for you. A cardigan and a bow are the basic accessories you can develop. A nice school bag an maybe even a hat could work for you. What shoes do you have to wear with this? I think lighter socks could work a bit better too.

>> No.8480677

>>8480248
Anon just I'm sorry but this doesn't really look like any type of outfit. You need a jacket or something to tie it together. At the minute you're just wearing a polo and a tartan skirt.

>> No.8480688

>>8480665
good points, thanks! I'm just kind of nervous about wearing a bow look because I don't' want it to come across as costumey. I need to experiment with ties probably.
I have a pretty cute bag that looks kind of like a briefcase so I could work some stuff around that. And hmmm I probably could have worn some long/thin lightblue socks under the boots to make it more girly. The boots are the only brown shoes I have rn so I should maybe focus on whites/blacks/greys since I have tons of black shoes

>> No.8480707

>>8480248
This looks like your average emo slut than a preppy style.
Lose the Walmart polo shirt and halloween store skirt and get quality items, get nice accessories while you're at it.

>> No.8480762

>>8480707
>>8480677

I cant do the fancy shit on a daily basis, thats nuts! I have a life lol

>> No.8480805

>>8480762
>Board is 18+

>> No.8480833

>>8480762
>wearing a cardigan is fancy or effort

The fuck anon, your outfit is only inspired by pure laziness and doesn't even approach nanchatte seifuku. Give up, go away and grow up.

>> No.8480927

>>8466382
Don't forget to post the Kogal/Nanchatte Seifuku shoplist! It's always open to updates too!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tOeXoDJWoPorNJ2BUwAdJfw/htmlview?pli=1

>> No.8480932

>>8480762

How the fuck are you going to work if you can't put effort in how you dress?

>> No.8480969

>>8480927

Speaking of shoplists. When I went to Donki in akiba, they had seifuku to buy, and one reoccuring brand was "teensever" so after a quick search you can purchase the stuff online too.
https://www.donkimall.com/shop/products/list.php?category_id=1494

and

http://www.seifukuya.com/53.html

>> No.8480981
File: 121 KB, 450x450, 4560320822356.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Also, if anyone could help me find a skirt with this colour scheme purchasable in NA, let me know!

>> No.8480987

>>8480969
Thanks! I'll add that to the list!

>> No.8481127

>>8480833
Lmfao what if it's hot as hell outside? I live in California. Our norm for summer time is mid 90s! Cardigans in the summer? Yeah right no thanks. That makes about as much sense as you think you do lol you're just jealous because I can fit in skirts and you can't :p how's that for growing up? ;)

>>8480932
Lol what? Sorry can't hear you over how bitter you are.

>> No.8481161

>>8481127
I didn't think it was possible to have itas in nanchatte seifuku, but here we are.

>> No.8481182

>>8481161
especially given how simple a style it is
>>8481127
it isn't even nanchatte seifuku, so you really shouldn't be posting like it was.

The polo and skirt aren't even good quality.
it ain't hard to put on a short sleeved blouse and a proper ribbon.

>> No.8481224

>>8481161
>>8481182

Lol you fat hairy bitches think you're so important and wise sitting behind your cheesepuff drenched keyboards shitting on anons because it gives you a sense of meaning/purpose... i truly pitty you both. Now why don't you two start making out like the good little dykes you are and go to sleep cause you got school in the morning lol

>> No.8481229

>>8481224
...Ok, now you're just trolling.

>> No.8481230

>>8481224
damn you took those comments way too personally

>> No.8481231

>>8481127
>hot as hell outside
>norm is mid 90s
Oh honey.

Even if it's hot you can do long/short button up shirt + tie/bow at least. Hell, I've done shirt + vest in 90+ degree weather once. It's not like you're usually spending a lot of time running around outside in that weather anyway.

>> No.8481242

>>8481231
Actually I do spend a lot of time outside so it's just not gonna work for me lol trust me i've tried. I dont wanna ruin nice blouses with sweat lol in the winter, it's blouses, cardigans and even blazers.

>> No.8481254

>have beautiful navy knee-length pleated skirt
>can't find anything in navy that quite matches it

It was a lucky find at a thrift store, but now I can't find any vests, blazers, nor cardigans to match.

I'd like to wear it with a blue sailor-style top and then a loose white cardigan, but I can't seem to find a cardigan in the right size and neck cut to fit nicely over my top, and it looks a little strange just the seifuku on its own outside of a con environment.

Though I did wear it once to Joann and a weeb/employee just started gushing about it.

>> No.8481289

>>8481242
>tfw I had to wear a uniform with a thick skirt & button up to my un-airconditioned school in regularly 40 C /105 F weather
And my home isn't air conditioned either.
Australia fucking sucks.

>> No.8481295

>>8481289
How did you not kill yourself or die of heat exhaustion? cause I fainted of heat exhausted just 5 days ago... I cannot take the heat. period.

>> No.8481298

>>8481295
I don't know, I can't deal with heat either. It's unethical. Lots and lots of water.
The worst thing pretty much other school had aircon... schools used to be shut down at that temperature but they assume everybody has aircon now days.
Need to move out of this place, ugh.

>> No.8481307

>>8481298
I cant believe they'd let a school go unairconned.. thats a health hazard.. I always hear on my local news that another highschool football player died of a heat stroke durring practice... it aint somethin to take lightly..

>> No.8481319

>>8481307
Public schools bruh
We technically had aircon in the library (though only like 20 people could fit in there) so they passed regulations. Apparently you just have to have running water,
Kind of hoped somebody would get seriously hurt to teach the school a lesson (though we were pretty infamous as it was... gang shit)

Now it sounds like I'm trying to be edgy. Sorry for venting. At least the skirts were nice.

>> No.8481324

>>8481319
Also it means I was able to go out in 36 C degree weather in full lolita (with blouse, petticoat) and it just felt like another day at school! Maybe that's a positive.

>> No.8481326

>>8481224
Is it this famous "summer" thing other boards are going on about every year?

>>8480449
Thing is, I am not in typical Japanese body type so their sizes are probably out the question. 180cm/78kg guy here, not exactly /fit/ but with a bit of muscle. Sorry for irrelevant blogshit, but I am studying and working at lawyer's office (I believe that's how you call it in english?) so I have to wear smart casual all the time and lately wanted to make it a little preppy/possibly weeb, but from what I've researched, it won't be much of a difference from what I wear now.

For the time being I figured changing buttons in my navy jacket from normal to more visible, brass ones and buying a pair of men's penny loafers. Would it be of any use?

>> No.8481333

>>8481326
The point of a school uniform is to kind of look like a professional outfit anyway. At least the boys ones.
Just look up western preppy fashion or dadcore stuff, nice tailoring and all that. Though if you're going for school uniform, those are unflattering and built like sacks in reality so I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe some nice sweaters and vests (woolen), uniform looking ties and keep a consistent colour scheme.

>> No.8481350

>>8481319
you should've been the one like "oh my god im dying my heart" and play-faint and your last words be like "air... conditio...." and then die... that would have really taught em hehe

>> No.8481451

>>8480445
I'm going to do some nice criticism since salt isn't my thing. You don't really have any style like other anon said and you definitely don't carry yourself. Are you a classic lolita by any chance? You kind of radiate it with how toned down this is. The colors here are so muted.

Otherwise, I think you need to do a lot here. That shirt is just not seifuku looking at all, so toss it altogether. Same to that dress. Go buy yourself a Bodyline seifuku or something, some thigh high socks, and loafers. You might not be able to get the looks you want from F21 or Target. Never wear those boots in nanchatte again and toss that weird wristband. I think you need to research the style more honestly. By this pick alone, you really don't have a good grasp of the style. Honestly, maybe get bangs and do contacts, since even the hair isn't working for you.

>..but it works for classic lolita
>tfw it's such a shame to waste your looks on nanchatte and I want to classic lolitafy you

>> No.8481484
File: 125 KB, 480x617, 1407614035700-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8481451
I'm just getting into Lolita now and I'm really into classic over everything else, so I guess that's just the type of thing I tend to gravitate toward.
Ty for the concrit. I do need to researh more for sure. Or might just drop this and save up for some Victorian maiden dresses tbh.

And I am so torn about whether I want bangs or not lol. Pic related, I def look more schoolgrily and preppy w bangs

>> No.8481956

>>8481307
I live in the good ol' USA and our school was air conditioned... in the new wing, which had about 10 classrooms in it. The majority of the school (including the entire second floor) wasn't, and it'd get so hot that the teachers would move us outside or take us to sit in the halls in the AC wing. I myself passed out once and I know others have as well. There'd be so many box fans the teachers couldn't have their lessons because it was too loud

And ocf the AC wing was like 50 degrees at any given time so you went from sweltering to frozen and back again every time you changed classes.

>>8481484
Anon the problem isn't your hair, it's your clothes. A pleated skirt doesn't instantly make your outfit cute or preppy. You need to color coordinate and wear OTHER preppy stuff with the skirt for that.

For example, either of the skirts you've posted in could work, but neither of the shirts really work at all for nanchatte, and neither of those pairs of shoes work either. What you have are two skirts, and not a lot else. You need to invest in some button-downs, cardigans, vests, blazers, shoes, etc. The whole point is to look like you're wearing some version of a school uniform, and you're missing the mark pretty hard.

I'll be honest with you though, I definitely think the bangs suit you. They look real cute. And you have nice legs that I'm kind of jelly of.

>> No.8481997

>>8481484
This is actually a good start. However, steer clear of shiny fabrics. Your legs would look great with thigh-higs.
I'd say more but Anon >>8481956 pretty much covered it. Build your wardrobe based on that and keep your good attitude towards concrit.

>> No.8482063

>>8481242
Then this style probably isn't for you. Too bad so sad.

>> No.8482339
File: 791 KB, 960x1280, tumblr_mikl5w1yUs1qfyyl3o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

I really want to get into this style for daily Uni wear but I'm afraid it'll look too cosplay-ish, and that I'll look weird because I'm 21...

What is your experience when wearing this?
Usually when I dress more preppy/seifuku like, I get a lot of compliments from old ladies.

Going to post some favourite pics.

>> No.8482344
File: 42 KB, 480x640, 1ef285295e6d83317674af0d4d12f62e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8482339
Big cardigans with a bow are my favourite.

>> No.8482353
File: 31 KB, 250x309, 6cd2cbe443bafa3f144f79caaa48790d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8482344
A good one for hot weather.

>> No.8482355
File: 67 KB, 736x520, 10792d2ad9609198d55995ec7a9a50d1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8482353

>> No.8482482

>>8482339
I find that people ask if I'm in high school a lot, since I have a fairly young looking face. Aside from that, there are some people that think it's just a cute, preppy outfit.

>> No.8482498
File: 381 KB, 500x367, 1426350609134.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8482339
I usually don't get any weird questions, but most people just assume I'm in school because it looks like a uniform.

>> No.8482512

>>8482498
This is adorable! Now I need a green vest.

>> No.8482517
File: 31 KB, 298x307, T1Xvp0Xk4wXXbVq671_041715.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8481326
Pic related is pretty much guy uniforms for nanchette.

>> No.8482518

>>8482482
>>8482498

>being accepted by society in j-fashion
I am looking forward to this. I won't miss some of my lolita experiences.

>> No.8482537
File: 306 KB, 1038x1280, 1340723037256.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8482353

>> No.8482701

>>8480981
Check your local school store! Where I live, every public school is required to have a uniform, and one of our local schools have that color scheme.

Sorry if this doesn't help out a lot. I was going to link the store that sells school skirts only to find out it's a local branch only and they don't even have a website.

However, depending on where you live, the scheme can also be common (when I went to the states it was common with the Catholic schools I saw).

>> No.8482840

I'm about to order costume660 (http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/showAll.asp?type=left&subType1=cos&subType2=Wig&name=costume660)), any reviews on the quality before I send the order?

>> No.8482846

>>8482517
I love this! Do you have any other taobao stores?

>> No.8482940

>>8482840
If it's similar to other ones I've ordered from Bodyline, I'll say that the skirt will be worth the price. It'll come with an adjustable waist clasp and a pocket, and be made out of a medium weight cotton blend.

>> No.8483099
File: 38 KB, 550x432, 7befdcad375e1c78c2a64f81c410fad9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8482518
Hope for the best!

>>8482846
These stores have both male and female models or sets.
http://hugsunshin.taobao.com/
http://yaoxiaoyue.taobao.com/
http://shop35589334.taobao.com/
http://xfbc.taobao.com/
http://uhaschool.taobao.com/

If you'd like to search specifically, use "制服 日系学生男".
制服: uniform
日系: Japanese
学生: school student
男: male

>> No.8483472
File: 207 KB, 938x1133, 30s_sailorstyle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Is wearing nanchatte seifuku in your late 20s and beyond as sad as it sounds in writing?

I was thinking you could perhaps put a retro spin on things to avoid looking like some sorta J-fash Baby Jane nightmare. Or go for a modern preppy look rather than kawaii uggu or whatever(?).

>> No.8483489

>>8483472
I think it depends more on how old you look versus how old you actually are. What you posted would actually look great someone in their late 20s, I think.

>> No.8483985

>>8466382
this girl is so cute

>> No.8484011

>>8483985
She's alright, I guess. I only chose her because her outfit looked cute as did her room.

This style has a habit of making anyone look pretty cute, honestly...If you do it right.

>> No.8484175

Are the shirts from Costume497 legit for daily wear? Or are they scratchy and costume-y looking? I don't care about the skirt, just the shirt. I'm putting in a seifuku order.

http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/showProduct2.asp?id=7246&pageNumber=3&pageStop=stop_5&noSubType=N

>> No.8484192

>>8480433
When they arrive I will review them! the blazer I got from Ralph Lauren, I already have it with me, to be expected the quality is excellent, the emblem is actually in beading, which is impressive. the fit is snug but not tight, very suitable for nanchatte, my school blazers were always formless and shit so its really refreshing!
>Vest set
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-10342318888.22.VZ6BB3&id=43430646996

>>8480587
>Long pleated skirt [theres also an option for a matching sailor collar shirt too anon, lucky you!]
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=42321958018

Enjoy!

>> No.8484198

>>8481224
Not gonna lie, I chuckled.

That being said, I didn't know it was possible to fuck up nanchatte this badly but apparently it is.

>> No.8484303
File: 447 KB, 1280x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

So what's your favourite kind of neckwear?
Pic related is my collection so far. I really like the classic bow style but I also like to see variation, like the really thin ribbons and traditional neckties.
Sorry for the bad mobile photo!

>> No.8484314

>>8484303
Oh anon I'm so jelly! How do you coord the "space" bows, the ones with stars and planets? I want to get them but I have no idea what to wear them with! Or the Little Twin Stars or My Melody ones...

>> No.8484322

>>8484314
I try to coordinate my neckwear with my skirt or, failing that, then my cardigan/sweater or bag. With the themed bows (like the astronomy print and the petal bows) I try to have a hair accessory that matches or alternatively a brooch, keychain, bracelet etc.
I think nanchatte is pretty fun in that you can coordinate lots of different elements. I tend to wear nanchatte in winter as I like to layer up, but I'm slowly building a lighter colour scheme for summer.

>> No.8484336
File: 298 KB, 541x320, seifuku.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8484322
Thank you for the tips. I'm just easing up into the style and I bought pic related. Do you wear themed bows with solid colored skirts? I am always paranoid they'll look weird with tartan.

>> No.8484338

>>8481127
>am a size 8/10
>weigh 8 and a half stone

Target-chan pls go

>> No.8484341

>>8482353
Cute~!

>> No.8484344

>>8484303
That space tie is adorable! Where did you get it?

>> No.8484345

>>8484336
I think as long at least one of the colours are right then a patterned bow will generally be fine with a tartan skirt. The girl in OPs pic has a striped bow and the same skirt that you have purchased, and it's not too noticeable because of the colour coordination. If you have a bow with lots of colours in it though, then I would wear a coordinating solid colour skirt, but that's just me playing it safe.
Honestly just have fun with it, with what you've bought you're already doing a good job.

>> No.8484350
File: 206 KB, 1000x1000, TB1Yo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Does anyone have cute shoe stores from taobao/aliexpress?

>> No.8484353

>>8484344
I haven't built up the courage to do a Taobao order yet so I got mine from AliExpress:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-PCS-LOT-Japanese-sailor-school-uniform-Embroidery-Bow-Tie-3-color-Purple-Pink-Blue/32272436887.html

>> No.8484359

>>8471902
I wear them a couple inches over my knee.

>> No.8484398

>>8484175
Bodyline schoolgirl shirts are usually just normal quality. They are a bit sheer, but nothing a cami can't fix. Not scratchy nor costume-y. Think of their stuff as a taobao chiffon blouse- sometimes coarse or scratchy, always sheer.
Their better quality items are not sold in sets.

>> No.8484411

>>8483472
Like the other anon said, how old do you look? So long as you take care of your appearance and dress for your body, it should look fine regardless of age.

>>8484303
I like the AKB inspired ribbons personally. They just have an extra kick that pushes it from western preppy to cutesy nanchette.

>>8484350
Check the taobao store spreadsheet. Under cosplay/uniforms, you'll find nanchette stores.

>>8484344
Pink Sailor (budbaby.taobao.com) has them
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-163190478.62.kRQLva&id=38544409312

>> No.8484833
File: 53 KB, 350x350, Princess-sweet-lolita-sweater-Bobon21-spring-new-arrival-preppy-style-small-k-twist-knitted-stripe-cardigan.jpg_350x350.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

does anyone know if there's a replica of this or if there are similar versions out there (not taobao)
Honestly I've been looking for something like this for so long, idc how cheaply made it is

>> No.8484862

>>8484833
there's a ton on ebay

>> No.8484879

>>8484862
I've tried all the generic search terms 'preppy uniform cardigan' etc etc etc but my search is not wielding anything
just wondering if anyone else has found them before me

>> No.8485209
File: 232 KB, 800x1200, costume417-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Reminder that bodyline has a sale right now and pic related is $5

>> No.8485238

>>8483099
Thank you so much for this! I'll definitely be using some of these for Taobao.

>> No.8485254

Any reccomendations for nice blazers? I've been lurking taobao/aliexpress and thrift stores, but would love to hear what other ppl have

>> No.8485659

>>8480248
G8 b8 m8

>> No.8485720
File: 339 KB, 1431x2187, tor_615515932_3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8485254
What type do you like? Traditional, modern, fitted, etc.

I wear modern fitted blazers, and one of my favorite fashion ones is from NYco in white. It works with business casual outfits, so very well for seifukus. I'm looking for a double breasted blazer atm.
Blazers (especially fashion wise) are easy to get in local stores.

>> No.8485754

What is everyone's age here?

>22
>scared to look like pervert

>> No.8485761

Is there any way to put together a preppy outfit without ties or ribbons? Those are the only things I dislike about this style.

>> No.8485763

>>8485754
>23
>here schoolgirl = role-playing prostitute rather than, well, schoolgirl
That's why I like preppy better.

>> No.8485823
File: 177 KB, 500x750, tumblr_nnepku3Lk51r6drupo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Been trying to find this Listen Flavor skirt and the white-on-black variant but everywhere I've seen is sold out :( anyone know where to find it? Or a replica?

>> No.8486027

>>8485754
Last year's crop of kids at the closest private school looked more grown up than me so no one looked twice when I wear this style.
(Except for old people. I think they're trying to figure out which school has my skirt's pattern)

>> No.8486232

>>8485754
I'm 21. You can make it as mature as you want by ditching the neckwear or blazer etc.

>> No.8486312

>>8484833
Found it on AliExpress, but it's naturally a bit costly:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Princess-sweet-lolita-sweater-Bobon21-spring-new-arrival-preppy-style-small-k-twist-knitted-stripe-cardigan/1825049422.html

>> No.8486331

since everyones posting more preppy examples of nanchatte, can we get some kogal? I want to get into nachatte but I'm not that into preppy

>> No.8486338

>>8486331
What is the difference between preppy and kogal?

>> No.8486348

>>8486338
more legwarmers, bleached hair shorter skirts etc

>> No.8486362

>>8486312
thank you millions based anon

>> No.8486367

>>8481231
I personally wear sweaters all summer even in the 100s.

>> No.8486602

>>8485823
Best to look secondhand. The design is pretty simple, so if you really love it, buy a normal skirt and do some printing/painting.

>>8486338
Kogal is a bit more "sexy". It's a gyaru style, so skin is often tanned, hair bleached and curly, and a lot of bunched white socks. The baggy cardigan+mini skirt look is more kogal, while blazers+tie+longer skirt is preppy.

>> No.8486764

About to put in an order on French Toast for some new shirts and ties. Does anyone have anything from them that can comment on sizing? I'm pretty flat-chested, but the measurements provided don't help much. They say I should be in like a kids' size 6 and that can't be right.

>> No.8486765
File: 85 KB, 640x640, IMG_0165.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8466382
Kogal probably, but I don't like the scrunched up socks. The cardi+skirt look mostly.
thigh highs/otks followed by tights. mid calve and knee length last.
any type.
plaid generally. I wear cardigans often, because blazers emphasize my shoulders.
just straight down. pigtails or side braid occasionally.
whenever
bodyline and taobao. Thrift shopping has brought me nothing so far.

I have a pretty small wardrobe. Would anyone like me to post it? pic related is me.

>> No.8486787
File: 16 KB, 224x400, 5093c944f39f40db58dc8958791302ac.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486331
Love kogal

>> No.8486791
File: 26 KB, 236x445, 80efaa975f0af75dae527ad3109a51b0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486787

>> No.8486794
File: 21 KB, 236x400, fac357ec2b96740a28a3dd5e226665a1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486791

>> No.8486796
File: 1.84 MB, 1280x1138, gyaru-seifuku.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486794

>> No.8486798
File: 246 KB, 778x1100, Popteen-October-2009-155.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486796

>> No.8486799
File: 251 KB, 775x1100, Popteen-October-2009-154.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486798

>> No.8486800
File: 123 KB, 443x500, 7e0ee705dd9276c310475b97c3810807.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486799

>> No.8486802
File: 174 KB, 688x1100, 035.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486800

>> No.8486806
File: 162 KB, 500x667, e8bb015d496f7c13d4fe071113ed0668.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486802
this one neatly combines kogal and preppy

>> No.8486812
File: 172 KB, 960x1280, IMG_7050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486806

>> No.8486818
File: 177 KB, 960x1280, IMG_0787.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486812

>> No.8486823
File: 133 KB, 500x670, seifuku41.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486818

>> No.8486825
File: 562 KB, 667x1000, kogal_yona___03_by_cabusi_photography-d3ism8h.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8486823

>> No.8486832

>>8480762
>mc donalds wageslave confirmed

I bet you think loafers are fancy too

>> No.8486846
File: 890 KB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I found this at goodwill the other day. It's my first long skirt, and I'm short and curvy (not the muh curves fat kind), so I'll have to do some research on what will look good with it. But I'm excited!

>> No.8486877

>>8486846
Nice find anon!

>> No.8487198
File: 47 KB, 585x474, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can we get some more nanchatte itas?

>> No.8487214

>>8484336
where did you get that skirt from? thanks!

>> No.8487245

>>8487214
It's from Bodyline, the girl in OP is wearing it I think:
http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/showProduct2.asp?id=7465&pageNumber=1&pageStop=stop_3&noSubType=N

>> No.8487343
File: 98 KB, 429x567, itreid.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it possible to punkify this style? Something like pic related.
Maybe just a longsleeve shirt untucked with the sleeves rolled up. And adding a tie?

Sorry for the shittiest collage ever.
>inb4 ita

>> No.8487383

>>8487343
Use your own guidance and moderation, anon.

You can easily punk-ify the style with what you said though. Long sleeves rolled up and/or untucked, plaid skirt shortened, loosened tie or none, small accessories (necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings-hopefully not all of those listed), cute hairstyles using your own judgement, sneakers instead of loafers, interesting hoodie or blazer, normal legwear - (!) using ones like in your photo can quickly change it from quirky/tomboy cute to general tumblr style, especially if you add in too many things.

Use your judgement anon. If it feels like too much when you look in the mirror/doesn't feel like the style, it probably is/it probably isn't.

>> No.8487394

>>8486787
kogal asking anon here! thank you!
another question, do any of you gulls make clothing for your nachatte? I mean bows are piss easy and pleated skirts are really easy once you get the hang of it

>> No.8487409
File: 441 KB, 391x524, 1429674830414.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487383
Things like this are nice...perhaps not quite what you're looking for but...

>> No.8487420
File: 377 KB, 779x1280, tumblr_nm13dlkZ2y1qb8yrgo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487383
Moderation. This looks kinda trashy.

>> No.8487461

>>8487383
Thank you for the tips, I get what you mean. Once I get some more stuff I'll do an actual coord.
>>8487409
I was thinking something more punk, actually, but this is perfectly tomboyish and cute, thank you anon! Are there any more like this?
>>8487420
I can see why the tights don't work here...

>> No.8487511

>>8487420
Ah, black cat tights. Black cat tights go with everything. So do skeleton tights and galaxy print shit.

>> No.8487521

>>8487420
I actually kinda like the cat tights with this, but her hair and cluttered looking room are getting to me.

>> No.8487532

>>8487521
I know. Her room is making me itchy.

>> No.8487556
File: 481 KB, 1200x1800, original_52_1362661021.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487461
Happy I helped even a bit. And sorry, I'm not too good on the punk aspect - not a clue there.

I'll just post what some of the people I have bookmarked posted.

>> No.8487557
File: 24 KB, 266x480, original_77_1330877287_sel_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487556

>> No.8487563
File: 22 KB, 240x320, original_39_1329628277.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487557

>> No.8487569
File: 453 KB, 584x1038, original_4_1357888410.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487563
These captchas are annoying as shit

>> No.8487574
File: 64 KB, 480x800, original_9_1347626055.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487569

>> No.8487575
File: 61 KB, 359x640, original_275_1339841014_sel_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487574

>> No.8487592
File: 64 KB, 480x640, original_14_1321187254_sel_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487575

>> No.8487759

>>8486765
you need to re-do your outfit -- get rid of that skirt. it looks so costume-y with that cheap black lace (and looks more like those 'sexy school girl porn star outfits' from ebay) and that matching tie/ribbon/??? thing is strange and out of place. also, what is going on with your socks?? are you wearing two pairs on top of each other? since you're going kogal, go for loose socks or thigh highs. and the cardigan looks nice, maybe for a preppy look, but ultimately it's way too tight and short to be a kogal cardi. get a loose, long one.
nice try anon, but I think you can do much better.

>> No.8487761

>>8487343
I think this style is probably good to go for an understated punk look, but as anon said, exercise caution. Punky coat, bigger shoes and accessories like badges could work pretty well IMO.

>> No.8487818

>>8487759
That outfit was pretty heavily Ma*rs inspired, hence the ribbon. Top right of pic related is similar to the look I was going for. So I guess an ageho/kogal mix?
The socks is one pair. It appears black until the top which is red. I wrote earlier that I didn't like loose socks, so I'll switch them out for thigh highs. I'll go searching for a looser cardigan then.
Thanks for the concrit!

>> No.8487821
File: 191 KB, 1169x1165, MA-RS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487818
aaand I dropped the pic.

>> No.8487854

>>8487821
I reread my post and I sounded a lot harsher than I meant to -- sorry! I'd love to see your updated outfit when you finish. And seeing your inspiration pic, the ribbon is actually quite a cute touch, just not with that skirt.

>> No.8487972
File: 48 KB, 605x959, BeautyPlus_20150717215407_save.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Though the skirt is navy, but my camera doesn't like to pick dark colors up

>> No.8487987

>>8487972
super cute

>> No.8489006

>>8487759
why the skirt doesn't work? doesn't the outfit in >>8486796 have lace? Sorry I'm new

>> No.8489397
File: 63 KB, 736x736, ffce26897cd010fbb656a9a98d313ac3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8487854
No worries. I was a bit startled, but I did ask for concrit. Seems like my skirt is the biggest issue, so I'll switch it out. Thanks again for the response!

>> No.8489431

Are there any bodyline skirts that would be good for someone starting nanchatte?

>> No.8489457

>>8489431
the plaid/tartan ones sold separately are actually pretty decent and better than many sold on taobao, you can even pick some up in the 1000 yen sale and I think there may have been one for 500 yen.

>> No.8489536
File: 859 KB, 1349x850, bodylineorder.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8489457
I'm thinking of getting these. What color cardigan would be a good match for the red skirts?

>> No.8489563

>>8489536
Navy would go great.

>> No.8489573
File: 138 KB, 534x529, navysweater.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8489563
Like this? And for the beige/tan skirt, would yellow or pink work?

>> No.8489610
File: 17 KB, 300x300, img-thing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8489573
Yes! This looks nice. As for the tan skirt, maybe a beige cardigan would go nicely if you brought some of the accent colours of the skirt out with your shoes and/or accessories, so it doesn't look all "oatmeal-ish".

>> No.8489792

>>8489573
Go with pink. You need a nice pop of color without being overbearing. And that yellow skirt looks good with pink.

>> No.8490140

How should the shoulders on a seifuku top fit, e.g. compared to body measurements or to a regular blouse? I really want to buy one, but all of the seifuku on Taobao and Bodyline have shoulder measurements about 5cm too big.

>> No.8491293

>went to the store today looking for button-downs
>literally one option to choose from
>it's $60 and still quite transparent
>why

I hate buying long sleeves online because 9/10 times they're too short for my monkey arms. Where do you gulls go for tops in terms of brick-and-mortar stores? They didn't even have anything in the school uniforms section, it was all just polos.

>> No.8491315

>>8489610
>>8489792
Yep, pink will look much better, thanks Anon.
I looked at the skirt again but on a different screen and the cardigan I suggested will look ridiculous (because it looks orange-ish on my screen now). I apologise.

>> No.8491446

Hi ~

So I have a red tartan skirt, a white shirt and a black cardigan. What accessories and shoes should I buy?

>> No.8491464

>>8491446
Pics

>> No.8491530
File: 901 KB, 1920x2560, IMG_20150720_001815.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8491464
My white shirt is in the wash atm.

I have two skirts, a thin one and one for winter. I was thinking a red bow to go with the thicker skirt and maybe a grey bow for the thinner one?

>> No.8491618

>>8491293
Do you live near any outlet malls? They're always less than retail and at the end of the season have giant blow out sales. Snagged many great quality cheap things there.
Generally stores with suits have good quality button-downs.

>> No.8491741

>>8491530
Anon, please tell me you aren't serious
Those look like "sexy schoolgirl" skirts you get off of eBay....

>> No.8491746

>>8491530
I think the cardigan is a bit too tight for nanchatte.

>> No.8491916

>>8491741
They're not, the picture is kinda misleading. They're longer and the cardigan isn't tight. I'd be able to cover the top of them with the cardigan.

>> No.8492169

>>8491916
It might be better then to put all of it on and post with your face blocked because from your image...it looks like you'd have to hit the drawing board again. For everything.

>> No.8492525

>>8491530
Those look super short and the buckles make me question them even more.
Anon, you can't take any hot topic skirt and make it into jfashion. Please just buy a 1000y skirt of bodyline....

>> No.8492587

>>8491530
>>8491741
>>8492525
Ignore anon, they have obviously never bought a genuine or vintage tartan skirt, all of mine tie side ways with a buckle. You just have to choose the colors/style to suit nanchatte but cheap bodyline<nice wool, always

>> No.8492604
File: 23 KB, 400x276, $_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8492587
I don't know about the other anon but for me, the buckles aren't the issue. They literally look like shit. What they look like on might be completely different but from that picture they resemble pic related.

Also vintage tartan skirts don't always have a buckle (or buttons or belts), just get one that doesn't have one. It looks weird.

>> No.8492608

>>8492604
The skirts in general literally*
It also looks weird*

Sorry, sentences are hard on mobile. My point still stands though.

>> No.8492628

>>8491530
Those look like something you'd get in the tween section of Kohl's.

>> No.8492771

>>8492604
I'm not anon, but wat? They obviously look longer than what you just posted. I don't see the issue with buckles either, they look preppy to me, and they would get covered by long cardigans anyway. For the record I dislike the glittery looking one on the right, but meh it can be done, can we move on now?

>> No.8492904

>>8491530
The skirts look way too short, even for rolled up skirt standards.

>> No.8493046

>>8491530
This is completely inappropriate for any style of seifuku. Preppy, nanchatte, kogal... it looks like a schoolgirl porn outfit. You'd be better off starting over.

>> No.8493096
File: 123 KB, 464x1105, IMG_20150720_141811.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8491530
Alright alright, worn pic of the first skirt. The other one is longer.

>> No.8493231
File: 24 KB, 240x480, original_1_1298218774.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8492771
If you can't see how that image and anon's original photo resemble each other, that is your own problem and you should get your eyes checked.

>>8493096
It looks like you're wearing your skirt a little low but I'll say it is a bit longer than your first picture showed. It looks like it'd fit more with general preppy than nanchatte though so perhaps a tighter/different cardigan and more college styling..?
>Pic related, excuse the baby

>> No.8493467
File: 35 KB, 467x700, 4c940c7850e46d10058ee0bc5352e698.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sorry to break up the fight but I wanna dump some inspo

>> No.8493469
File: 43 KB, 342x722, 8abdb6b8e22b6d61ea325cf1162b6573.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8493467

>> No.8493475
File: 99 KB, 736x1150, 7c3454eff055f754042be8374c9524ca.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8493469
how do you girls feel about solid grey skirts? i like them when i see them in photos, but i feel like they'd be too hard to style into a cute nanchatte coord, especially if you're going for kogal. they seem to be strictly for traditional style uniforms.

>> No.8493494
File: 99 KB, 736x957, a279760a925cab21898ea002802df450.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8493498
File: 68 KB, 483x700, 0a7b0787145ab34d5d7dcc6ff9cc8d94.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8493562

>>8493469
I love this!

>>8493475
I personally like solid skirts better, but it's a matter of not generally liking anything plaid whatsoever. I can bend to *some* plaid styles, but I usually wear solid.

>> No.8493598
File: 1.34 MB, 2448x3264, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

First attempt at this, so I would very much appreciate honest feedback

>> No.8493628

>>8493598
I think it's cute anon! Don't know if it's nanchette, but cute.
Also, source on cardigan? Looks gorgeous

>> No.8493635

>>8493628
Thank you anon!
Cardigan is Penderie! I got it out of a maruq pack last year.

>> No.8493926

>>8493598
this is a really solid first try! I think you just need a few extra touches to push it from western preppy into nanchatte, if that makes sense. like a cute purse, nails, hair accessories etc.

your cardigan is super lovely though. I was just thinking earlier that I wish I saw more white/cream sweaters in nanchatte!

I think my only critique (and it's probably just personal preference) would be that there's a lot of black. It would help break it up if the skirt had some kind of detail along the bottom (like a stripe or something), or if you wore a different color/style of socks or shoes?

>> No.8494035

>>8485754

24, but I pass for 16. Still, I would downplay the elements that make it look uniformish, so I can pass for normalfag. But fuck it, I want to live out my dream of being a moe japanese schoolgirl. I'll wear jfash into my 30s if I want.

>>8492604

Great way to look like a cheap slut. That's not a skirt, that's a frilly band.

>> No.8494053

>>8493598
Nice one, Anon! I personally adore BW outfits. You can try to bring some colour with accessories.

>why aren't my legs this smooth

>> No.8494108

>>8491618
I completely forgot but there is a Vanity Fair outlet near me! I'll have to go check it out. Thanks, anon!

>> No.8494130

I didn't even know this existed!
I plan on ordering my first skirt and whatnot tomorrow!
Anyone have any ebay suggestions, I don't really want to do a taobao order until I'm sure I like it

>> No.8494228
File: 114 KB, 351x515, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8493231
Lol so who was right anon. Anyway.

>> No.8494334

>>8493475
I want a solid grey skirt because I feel like grey is more winter, and it goes well with navy

>> No.8494336

>>8494035
Great reading comprehension, anon. That's what was being said.

>> No.8494339

>>8494228
Not you (since its still a shitty skirt) but I'm glad you feel like you've won something on the internet.

>> No.8494503

>>8492525
Those clearly aren't vintage buckles.

Please tell me you aren't actually that stupid

>> No.8494508

>>8494228
This is an 18+ board. Please leave.

>> No.8494553
File: 90 KB, 1022x547, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8494508
>>8494228
>trying to win an argument on 4chan

>> No.8494764
File: 209 KB, 800x600, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Since other people are posting their attempts I thought I'd ask for concrit as well.

I have a slouchy cardigan I'd usually wear with this in cooler weather (it's dark red, almost burgundy).

>> No.8494766

>>8493231
Thanks for the inspo, a v-neck could be cute. This is literally just what I had in my wardrobe and i wondered anon's opinion. Thanks anyway.

>> No.8494796

>>8493467
Cute~

>> No.8494855

>>8494764
sauce on thigh highs? the only ones i've found are way too small

>> No.8494863

>>8494228
Christ you sound petty

>> No.8494866

>>8494855
Not that anon but you can find them on ebay for like $5....

>> No.8494888

>>8494855
They're the Extraordinary Thigh Highs from Sockdreams. Very stretchy, and very comfy. For reference I'm 5'5" but they also have an even longer version if you're taller. Free US shipping, too.

>>8494866
If the other anon is anything like me then 99% of those ebay socks end up being barely OTK and uncomfortable.

>> No.8494941

>>8494866
I find that ebay ones fall down a lot and require socks glue because of that, while good quality ones that you can easily get for $10-$20 in a store last way longer and stay up amazingly.

>> No.8495210

>>8494764
oh, this is gorgeous! you made it work perfectly for your body type--I feel like westerners always forget how important it is to tailor jfash to suit them. I'm really inspired now, dang.

>> No.8495508

>>8494764
Oh my this is lovely.

>> No.8496180

>>8493635
> Penderie
I thought it was something LIZ Lisa would produce. So gorgeous, and going on my to-buy list.

>> No.8496184

>>8466382

That looks like a child. Do you people find this sexually arousing?

>> No.8496199
File: 122 KB, 600x900, seifuku_lolita_2_by_peachyhadzu-d6vqka0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What do people think of lolita/nanchette inspired outfits? Is it still nanchette seifuku, or what?

>> No.8496204
File: 453 KB, 639x906, T2w0kOXbhaXXXXXXXX_!!13321002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8496199

>> No.8496209
File: 488 KB, 639x906, T2uEcPXd0XXXXXXXXX_!!13321002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8496204

>> No.8496296

>>8496184
>sexually arousing
It's fashion??? There's nothing in the description about it being sexual

>> No.8496368

>>8496184
is there a raid on cgl going on or something. why are there so many out of place and straight up retarded comments like this today

>> No.8496378
File: 39 KB, 521x760, 2dedbc84f59d2bb23b871a5eb123919a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I guess this isn't nanchatte, but more general preppy. I like the use of this type of sweater though, as opposed to cardigans.

>> No.8496380
File: 64 KB, 500x750, 7d95fe8cf7764fac23ce45bc6aefb1f6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8496378

>> No.8496400
File: 224 KB, 736x1044, aaa3937a1e491ccecaf155ae91a0ae6c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like how these seem nanchatte-inspired rather than strictly nanchatte. I feel like it would be difficult to have a whole wardrobe of JUST school uniforms.

Do any of you have preppy/nanchatte wardrobes? Do you wear strictly nanchatte or do you work it into other styles?

>> No.8496636
File: 225 KB, 1024x768, 1432149985603.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8496380
This is one of the few times I feel that the outerwear could be a little less loose...

>>8496400
I have a small preppy wardrobe, and I mix it up with different styles. Nanchette skirts, tops, cardigans, etc. are all basics so it shouldn't be hard to utilize them in different ways.

>> No.8496641
File: 209 KB, 1024x768, 1432150332809.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8496636

>> No.8497068
File: 94 KB, 602x1024, 4ffdca6306d41f585db5d8a7c0d96502.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8496209
>>8496204
>>8496199
these outfits i think are just considered regular lolita. in my opinion, "nanchatte seifuku" implies at least SOME adherence to uniform rules and even if you add other elements it needs to follow those rules in order to still be nanchatte. a "nanchatte inspired" outfit would look more like pic related since it still follows the basic elements (blazer, blouse, bow, skirt, etc) but strays from the traditional colors and patterns.

tldr; in my opinion these lolita outfits arent nanchatte seifuku at all, but rather preppy/seifuku lolita. but i could be wrong

>> No.8497079
File: 47 KB, 500x729, 669f372febb49eb5f86785d89a651fd2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

does anyone know what this style of dress is called, and can it be used for nanchatte? i've seen it in uniform-styled outfits before.

>> No.8497190
File: 122 KB, 639x852, 355579-3942-2015-04-30438611.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8497068
I pretty much agree anon, to that other anon though, meta have brought out several series that they specifically intended to resemble school uniform done lolita style. I really like it.

>> No.8497221
File: 249 KB, 480x640, 9394668845_6a01f60f55_z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8497190

>> No.8497558
File: 435 KB, 2490x1484, nanchatt collage2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

trying to put together an outfit but looking thru this thread it kind of feels like i'm matching too much...
should i go for black shoes to match my bag?
and i really want to wear a scrunchie and a bow but idk if that would be tooo much or what colors to use.

>> No.8497626

>>8466382
i want to post pics of my outfits, but my hair looks gross right now so i might tomorrow <:
i really love kogal but i havent tried it. my style is more preppy tho because im self conscious
thigh highs and tights
i usually wear short boots! brown or black. but sometimes i wear my black loafers from high school
theyre comfy as all hell
plaid and solid.. cardigan for sure. blazers scare me
usually just let my hair down
i wear it in uni usually in fall/winter/spring.. not everyday, but pretty often. cant do in hot weather :^(
i have a few items from bodyline, but i usually buy stuff from stores downtown like forever21 and h&m.
thrifting is great for oversized sweaters!!!

>> No.8497734

Is there any inspiration for black nanchatte? My trade school's uniform is all black, but I can have colored accessories. It's a cosmetology school, so you're encouraged to dress cutely.

>> No.8497863
File: 3.41 MB, 3776x2232, coords.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8497558
this is a cute set! i made a few coords based around the items you put on there. i feel like you could build a really good wardrobe around this set.

sorry if these are no good, i got a bit carried away.

>> No.8497997
File: 2.77 MB, 3008x1620, black.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8497734
I couldn't really find photos, so I made this collage thing to explain what I had in mind. I think depending on how your uniform is, you could definitely style it to fit nanchatte! Especially if you're allowed to pick what items of black clothing to wear.

>> No.8498003
File: 68 KB, 535x1142, 4b209a89c286dc163b272ba39dfd1906.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8498004
File: 101 KB, 736x1002, a140a3fa1709d6a6d50335826507a159.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8498009
File: 162 KB, 532x800, d0429daeaaa849a2685f2d82e626d165.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8498014
File: 219 KB, 736x1011, ef583a4d5fce29321cdf4b0d560e7942.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8498070
File: 930 KB, 600x600, bluegreenbeige.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Concrit for someone new to this? Are my color choices okay? I only have three cardigans, this green one, a turquoise one, and a slightly different styled off-white one. I wanna get a big slouchy one eventually, and a sweater vest.

>> No.8498081

>>8498070
I have very little concrit for this, the green is very refreshing and goes well with the hue of the skirt, only thing I would change is the bow to a forest green one.

>> No.8498087

>>8498070
I agree with >>8498081!
Switch out that bow to a dark green. Other than that I kinda like seeing the green cardigan.

>> No.8498106
File: 81 KB, 480x640, 89115788_o5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8498004
Oh god I really want a high quality looking seifuku just like this. I've seen v similar from Conomi and Cupop but they don't have the bow holder..

Bought myself my first serafuku style outfit from Maxicimam last week. Pic related.

>> No.8498431

>>8497863
These are adorable, thanks so much.

>> No.8498448

>>8498070
f you make the bow a different color (imo I think matching the red stripes on the skirt would look nice, or even just black) I think this would be one of the cutest nanchatte outfits I've ever seen.

>> No.8498453

/r/ing nanchatte with short hair? like pixie short?

I never know what to wear in my hair. It's got a fine texture so bows and clips tend to slide and fall out no matter what I do, and hairbands are finnicky because I wear glasses.

>> No.8498496
File: 140 KB, 442x480, boater-hats-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8498453
Well I would say headbands but I think boater hats could work for that private schoolgirl look. Also berets. Beanies for casual coords/ cooler weather.

>> No.8498499

>>8498453
>>8498496
Also you don't 'need' to wear something in your hair, it's not lolita. Just make sure it looks neat.

>> No.8498647

>>8498453
I agree with what >>8498499 said. I love seeing cute bows or a nice braid, but as long as your hair looks clean and neat, you'll look fine.

>> No.8498730
File: 604 KB, 1349x850, skirt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8489536
I ended up getting the beige skirt with some other skirts, the beige one is the only one that doesn't come with a matching necktie(bow?). Would the pink work with the beige skirt or should I just wait to use it until I get a pink skirt?

>> No.8498776

>>8498730
I love when this style of skirt gets coorded with pink! see >>8467456

i think the pink bow will look super cute. Maybe you could coord it with a cream colored sweater/sweater vest? a black cardigan would also work well, I think.

>> No.8499015

>>8498081
>>8498087
All right, thanks! I'll try to get a dark green bow then.

>>8498448
I've got a red bow, but with the green in seemed too Christmas-y, but I do have a black one somewhere. Thanks.

>>8498730
That's the skirt I'm wearing!

>> No.8499400

>>8498776
Thank you! I got most of what I need for a few outfits for about 20 bucks. It's such a nice feeling, especially after buying lolita for the past year or two.

>> No.8499431

>>8498730
pink would look great, the red with stripes too for a different look

>> No.8501389
File: 37 KB, 486x700, bf2aa556f93741202ef0ba0292b62f46.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8501391
File: 48 KB, 500x667, c314907d959a2c10c3172991adabd01d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8501428
File: 66 KB, 736x836, 005328a02eab59ddbb1c0c29ed4ea78f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I see pic related as "nanchatte ita" and im trying to figure out why I don't see >>8501391 the same way

I think this is ita to me because her clothes are so loose and weirdly draped that the effect it gives is "ageplay tumblr nymphet" rather than "schoolgirl." I really don't like when lace trimmed skirts are used in nanchatte, it makes the whole look cheap and provocative.

>> No.8501487

>>8497079
pinafore in the UK, jumper skirt everywhere else

>> No.8501489

>>8501428
the shape of the cardigan is kind of ugly, like you say it drapes weirdly.

>> No.8501491

Uniqlo have some cute cardigan/sweater options http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/list/basic/women/knitwear/extrafinemerino

Specifically I'm looking at http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/151946#02 thoughts? Would size up probably.

>> No.8501498

>>8501428
the tie and the skirt don't match at all. it would look better with a solid black tie and a more fitted cardigan.

>> No.8501502

>>8501428
the shape/fit of the cardigan is bad, the bow is too loose and the plaid and the color doesn't match the skirt, the shirt isn't tucked in, the skirt looks cheap. All the pieces don't match with each other.

>> No.8501513

>>8501491
This looks great! I wonder how thick the material is. I have some similar cardigans from f21 that are really good quality but even the L size isn't the right length/shape for nanchatte.

Man, I really hope this type of thread keeps going. This is such a cute and simple style!

>> No.8501520

>>8501513
The material looks quite thin because they're summer cardigans (and the review on the page says they're lightweight), I would probably even be tempted to size up twice by how it looks on the model.

>> No.8501524

I know it's Hollister, but this is cute.

http://www.hollisterco.com/shop/uk/girls-sweaters/-5003146_02

>> No.8501536

>>8501524
ooooh this is cute!!! i would be cautious with them though, unless you are absolutely tiny. chances are the sizing is weird and even an XL will be form fitting.

>> No.8501812

>>8501536
Tell me about, I'm a UK 6/8 usually but in hollister I'm never small or x-small. Still it's very cute so I might get it, will report back with sizing

>> No.8501830

>>8501812
Hollister is crazy. I'm 5'6" and 98 lbs and I can't even wear their smalls. Who the fuck are they making clothing for? Really long babies?

>> No.8502792

>>8501391
w2c cardigan?

>> No.8503321

>>8501830
>5'6
>98lbs
I really hope you gain at least 10lbs or something anon. I don't know your situation, but that's definitely not going to be good long term.

Anyways
that's pretty fucking ridiculous

granted I'd say hollister is more of a 12-16yr kind of store, but there aren't many kids passed that 13 yr mark who'll be under 90lbs

>> No.8503452

>>8501428
Can't believe everyone missed the fact the lace is disgusting raschel

>> No.8503555
File: 92 KB, 615x612, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Selfpost. I love nanchatte because it doesn't require much more effort than shorts and a t-shirt but looks so much cuter and more put together.

>> No.8503562

>>8501830
I'm 5"3' and 105lbs and I fit their clothes just fine...

>> No.8503594

Have any of you guys ordered from Conomi before? How's their stuff quality wise?

>> No.8503621

>>8503594
I have socks coming in from Cd japan's arconomi.

>> No.8503704

>>8503555
Oh Lord, aren't you adorable?

>> No.8503779
File: 2.48 MB, 3264x2448, DSC_0088.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I picked up this cardigan in the Donki in Akiba this past May. It's a rilakkuma embroidered one.

>> No.8503782
File: 2.24 MB, 3264x2448, DSC_0087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8503779
Whoops sorry it's sideways.

>> No.8503783

>>8503782
>>8503779
Forget it.

>> No.8503790
File: 32 KB, 317x600, nanchatte with.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Self post for crit/help. This is the basics I've got of a new coord, but I'm pretty sure I look like I'm just going to a normal western school. Other than getting neck bow is there anything I can do? I'll post without jumper in a sec.

>> No.8503791
File: 38 KB, 314x600, nanchatte without.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8503790
Okay here's without, the crest is just the branding and not an actual school's. Would it look better with a cardigan instead of jumper?

>> No.8503804

>>8503790
Good start! I think the black with navy may be throwing it off. It also looks a little unbalanced with light blue and navy on top and black from your skirt to your feet. Try getting a bow to match your skirt and a contrasting cardigan.

>> No.8503805

>>8503791
Don't tuck in your shirt so formally. Have it tucked in, but pull it out a bit more so it sits a bit baggy. It's more casual.

>> No.8503816

>>8503804
Thanks anon! I see what you mean about it being unbalanced now you mention, do you reckon I should change the socks to navy as well? I think I'm probably just going to completely swap out the jumper for a cardigan.

>>8503805
Didn't even think of that, thanks anon. Way too used to wearing actual uniforms lol

>> No.8503862

>>8503790
>>8503791
this is literally the uniform of the nearest high school to me lel

>> No.8503881

>>8503862
Then it is exactly as I feared. Guess I gotta get some colours in there that aren't typical school ones

>> No.8503899

>>8503791
This is one of our high school's uniform. Save for the symbol

Probably try more unnatural colors? Hair accessories that a high school wouldn't be allowed to wear.
Try more pastels.

>> No.8503938

>>8503555
this is soooo cute! your hair is gorgeous. this is the first time I've seen a nanchatte coord without a bow and still been able to identify it as nanchatte. good work!

>>8503779
this is so cute! I was honestly considering getting a pink one like this off eBay. I'm hoping the quality will be decent.

>>8503790
like everyone else is saying, I think this is a great start. you should definitely try a pastel cardigan and a cute bow, or some cuter socks or something. I think the pieces alone could be used in good nanchatte outfits, but this whole outfit together is a little off.

>> No.8504152

>>8503791
Yeah, I think it's the jumper-- that's not seen in nanchatte unless it's a cute thin one under a blazer or something.

>> No.8504185

>>8503790
IMO I think it'd look better if you buttoned the top button and added a bow. Or a ribbon, or whatever. I just think the unbuttond thing looks too sloppy.

Your legs look really nice though. Those knees were made for kneesocks.

>> No.8504334

>>8503938
The quality of mine is very nice! I am in love with mine.

>> No.8504372

someone should make a new thread soon. this has been my favorite thread on the board lately!

>> No.8504373

>>8503555
This is adorable. I love your skirt~ Are those box pleats?

>> No.8504464

>>8503899
>>8503938
>>8504152
>>8504185
so general consensus is more pastel to take it out of regular school territory and get rid of the sweater? I can do that, thanks for all the advice and stuff! And thank you anon for the leg compliment

>> No.8506060

>>8498730
I'd personally find a nice quality ribbon in the same shade of Red or black like the stripes on the tartan, and tie it around your collar Colonel Sanders style.

>> No.8506061

>>8503555
Where is the skirt from? I'm loving those tight pleats.

>> No.8508129

Bump so anon can save their inspos before the thread dies <3

>> No.8508176

>>8508129
but we archived now? not to mention the rbt one