[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 134 KB, 280x373, msop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8454333 No.8454333 [Reply] [Original]

I was wondering if anyone takes lolita dress commissions. I'll be going to an event and I wanted to have a custom dress for my coord. I will be designing the print and will have the fabric custom printed.
I will also be drawing how I want the dress to look, but it will be very similar to the Misty Sky OP since it's the dress shape that looks best on me. The bodice design will be different from MS. Also, the fabric won't be chiffon since I can't find a place that prints chiffon..

Even if you only make cosplays, feel free to show me your work! I just want someone who's experienced at sewing. Have any of you made/commissioned a lolita dress? How did it turn out? Thanks!

>> No.8454396

>>8454333
Anon, most people are going to be a little scared to just post their portfolio to be picked apart by salty seagulls. There are plenty of good commissioners, but I think it would be wise to just put your email in the name field and have them contact you.

>> No.8454404

know that dresses made professionally will cost more than your average lolita dress. also, we need more info like the deathline, sizing,your location, budget etc.

>> No.8456460

>>8454396
What this gul said. Also given the amount of money you're looking to pour into this with custom fabric yet not willing to make it yourself, it seems like a red flag to me. People that can't sew their own stuff have a tendancy to have unrealistic expectations of other peoples work I've found. Like dude the vision's in your head not mine and your crappy MS paint pic's not the work of art you think it is. /end rant

>> No.8456472

>>8454333
It would be cheaper if you just buy your dream dress

>> No.8456615

>>8456460
>People that can't sew their own stuff have a tendancy to have unrealistic expectations of other peoples work I've found.
This is very true, however, a skilled sewist can usually make something come to life that still makes the customer really happy. It's a lot easier in lolita, where the customer has something in mind that's usually based off preexisting dresses and patterns.

Also, OP, there are places that print chiffon and I'd be happy to help you out with it but as >>8454396 said, I'm not really keen on posting myself for scrutiny. Feel free to email me though!

>> No.8456714

>>8456460
a-fucking-men. People who have extremely specific specifications on a custom item will find something wrong with the finalized product. You know what you want in your head, and giving a crappy explanation and a vague description doesn't help the designer at all. This is the sole reason why I have several 3 and 4 star feedback - the buyers were way too picky with their custom items and I apparently couldn't deliver. Fuck that.

>> No.8456715

>>8456714
feedback on Etsy**

>> No.8456751

>>8456460
This is more common in lolita too, I think. The veneration of brand has fostered this idea that anything that isn't brand should be cheaper, and people want top quality handmade for unrealistically cheap prices. I've taken lolita commissions (and undercharged for them) and while my experiences with the clients were fine and they were very happy with the results, I don't know if I'd take more of them because of the price expectations.

>> No.8458824

Elegy might be able to help you after the new release.