[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 64 KB, 554x831, gorgeous pastel pink wedding party macarons pink wedding ideas party dessert plate pastel food ideas-f54846.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8433922 No.8433922 [Reply] [Original]

How long have you been /cgl/? 4chan in general?
How often do you come on here?
Why do you come here?
Do you think it has effected you on a deep level, whether it's how you think or your personality?
Have you ever tried to leave? How did that go?
Has /cgl/ made you a better lolita/cosplayer?
How has /cgl/ impacted the way you see lolitas/cosplayers?
Have you ever been part of any drama/vendetta/general shit talking? What did you post?
Do you tend to believe the things you read on here? Have you ever hated someone because of /cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome?
What is your take on /cgl/? 4chan in general?

>> No.8433947

>How long have you been /cgl/? 4chan in general?
At least 8 years for 4chan, 6 for cgl.
>How often do you come on here?
Daily. Multiple times throughout the day as well.
>Why do you come here?
Something to read that isn't "OMG this guy did this! click to see what happens next!" mom style clickbait on Facebook. Same goes for the unfunny gaymurrr youtube personality vids, baby pictures, etc. I feel like I'm among friends.
>Do you think it has effected you on a deep level, whether it's how you think or your personality?
Probably, yes. I feel like my sense of humor has changed drastically through the years due to 4chan. I also have a lot thicker skin towards gore, rape. torture, etc le edgy shit thanks to lurking for so long as well. 4chan has also made me hate memes and the fact it's being capitalized on now.
>Have you ever tried to leave? How did that go?
Only really when the site is down or during the gamergate shit. Other than that, not really as I'm obviously still here.
>Has /cgl/ made you a better lolita/cosplayer?
I've learned more from cgl than I have just figuring it out/any tutorials. Despite cgl being catty, it's also extremely helpful.
>How has /cgl/ impacted the way you see lolitas/cosplayers?
Pretty heavily. I don't say or judge people to their face, but I do think about ways they can improve. I had a tiny lolita comm that was fucking awful and filled with people that didn't try. I stopped attending because I felt like no one legitimately cared about the fashion.
>Have you ever been part of any drama/vendetta/general shit talking? What did you post?
Yes. I've shitposted about a cosplayer multiple times because she gets on my goddamn nerves.
>Do you tend to believe the things you read on here?
>Have you ever hated someone because of /cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome?
Nah it's always been exactly as I was told. I met Yaya and she was really rude.
>What is your take on /cgl/? 4chan in general?
catty, frilly, and full of women

>> No.8433958

>>8433922
Why are you asking all these questions?

>> No.8434001

>>8433958
I'm curious. I have never known a seagull IRL who wasn't heavily effected by long term frequent 4chan use in some way or another. Hell, there were two girls in my comm I correctly assumed were seagulls based on the way they acted. One was bitchy beyond anything you could imagine and the other... it's hard to explain... she just had this unspoken "I've seen some shit" type wisdom about her when it came to lolita that's exclusive to seagulls.

>> No.8434032

>>8433958

Because its something interesting to talk about besides the usual threads
>ita thread
>wig thread
>????

>> No.8434052

> I've been on /cgl/ for 2 of 3 years, 4chan in general for 9 years.
>Once or a few times a day at most.
Why do you come here?
>Best place to talk about lolita.
Do you think it has effected you on a deep level, whether it's how you think or your personality?
>Not /cgl/ in particular, but being on 4chan so long has definitely changed me as a person.
>Nope.
>I hope so.
>I'm more critical about lolita in particular.
Have you ever been part of any drama/vendetta/general shit talking? What did you post?
>Nah, I only like to read about drama and not be involved in it.
Do you tend to believe the things you read on here? Have you ever hated someone because of /cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome?
>I don't believe a lot of what I read here, so I don't really jump to conclusions about people.
I think /cgl/ can be pretty nasty, but I find it's one of the nicer boards on this site.

>> No.8434053

>>8433922
I went off and on with /cgl/, never really been a big cosplay fan, let alone a convention guy.
But been using /a/ for about 2 years
Way too much. roughly about 4-7 hours every day.
>Why do you come here?
Honestly, I dont know. I guess its because it's part of my regular routine.
>Do you think it has effected you on a deep level, whether it's how you think or your personality?
4chan has differently effected my personality, but cant really say in a positive way.
I've never tried.
No, im pretty new to this /cgl/
Not really.
>Have you ever been part of any drama/vendetta/general shit talking? What did you post?
Na, i'm usually pretty chill. The most dramatic thing i've ever posted was a green text story on /b/ when i first started coming here.
Maybe, I usually google it before confirming it as an possibility.
>Have you ever hated someone because of /cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome?
irl? Never really had that happen to me before.
I dont really have a take on 4chan in general.

>> No.8434069
File: 1.69 MB, 1840x3264, IMAG0062.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Probably 6-7 years
Daily when a con is approaching
>Why do you come here?
One of the sites I rotate when I'm procrastinating
Can't tell if I was initially this jaded or if 4chan has molded me this way.
A few years back my friend was introduced to /b/ and proceeded to become a huge fucking /b/tard. It annoyed the fuck out of me so I distanced myself from 4chan in general.
I've saved a lot of tutorials but aside from that not really.
Having absolutely no interest in Lolita fashion whatsoever, I have a surprising amount of knowledge about it
>Have you ever been part of any drama/vendetta/general shit talking?
Nah.
Half and half, trolls are always lurking so I take most with a grain of salt. >Have you ever hated someone because of /cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome?
Nope
I like the raw unfiltered quality of the community. It can be pretty dark at times but that's life, no bullshit.

>> No.8434079

>>8434069
Cute cat.

Fairford Avenue in Norwalk, CA, eh?

>> No.8434099

started on cgl, and it's been a little over a year
daily, it's always open in a tab when i'm doing other stuff on the computer
>Why do you come here?
it's fun and people post way more frequently. at the same time, it's easy to ignore people / posts i'm not interested in
i suppose, like some other anon up there said, i feel like i've seen some shit
nah
yes, but at the same time i give less fucks about what other people say if i think it looks good personally
i'm more skeptical about people's motives for saying/posting things in general
i once posted an annoying ita from my comm but that was about it
>Do you tend to believe the things you read on here? Have you ever hated someone because of /cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome?
i believe the things that get posted with caps, but everything else is just hearsay
cgl is like that two faced bitch everyone knows from high school, and 4ch in general seems to just be people who don't like to voice their opinions in public, so they resort to this anonymous forum

>> No.8434115

9 years. 9 years.
Once per hour when I'm working on costumes. Less than once a month otherwise.
>Why do you come here?
Ask questions, attempt to answer questions, find entertainment
Apparently according to /cgl/, I'm racist. I'm still not sure how or why. Taught me to completely ignore standing out and just blend in with the crowd.
Not so much as leaving as having no reason to visit when I'm not working on cosplay.
Helped out with advice for construction questions.
That there are some pretty crazy/delusional people in both areas, and that there are people who will be mean for the sake of their own fun (though this applies to all areas in life).
Not interested in participation. Just reading the stories.
>Do you tend to believe the things you read on here? Have you ever hated someone because of /cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome?
I take general consensuses on con scenes with a grain of salt.
Brutal honesty when you look past the bait/trolls. A decent place to figure out what's hot or not and laugh at the bad cosplays/coords.

>> No.8434135

>>8433922
A Very Very Long Time
Daily
>Why do you come here?
To waste time
Possibly, I'm definitely more distrusting of men but not full-on thundercunt
I have, couldn't. Other boards are ten times more cancerous, lolcow is TOO catty and toxic (pointlessly so, even), normalfag shit is too boring and doesn't cater to my specific 'niche' fashion
I don't do either, but it's made me more thick-skinned which I appreciate
Not much, I'm not nitpicky at all
No, not really. Maybe this John thing that's been going on lately.
I don't, and I don't interact with any people posted here.
Overall positive but easily corrupted. I dislike that some people seem to have made it their mission to be as nasty as possible, but that just makes my skin thicker and dick bigger.

>> No.8434140

>>8433922
maybe 3 years? I started on /cgl/
several times a day
>Why do you come here?
it's just become habit; i like seeing what people have to say about lolita and cosplay
for sure; when i first started coming on /cgl/ i was fresh from tumblr and bought into all the sjw stuff. I don't really care much about all that anymore, and I know I'm more discerning about what I consider good cosplay
nope
I started lolita because of /cgl/ and being bored enough to go into non cosplay related threads; I didn't really have that much of an ita phase because I lurked for around a year before trying anything, and I still posted in coord help threads before wearing the coord.
I started going on /cgl/ when i considered cosplaying, so I guess I was molded into cgl views of cosplayers from the start. I know i thought lolitas were really weird before I became one, though
I posted someone in the psycho thread and contributed stories when other people posted the person, too.
I take most things here with a grain of salt; I only believe things that are fully capped
don't take things too personally and don't be an idiot

>> No.8434171

Cgl 2-3 years. 4chan 6 or so years
For the past year and a half about everyday. Usually i spend any time im online on here.
>Why do you come here?
Lolita sales, ita thread, brand updates, indie brands, taobao and aliexpress threads. Id say before a few months ago it was purely for the ita thread and coord help.
Its helped my coording abilities by 100%. Honestly i think i would still be an incredible ita if it wasnt for cgl. I do love the drama thought and occasially add to the fire but my comm never gets any mentions so i feel like it wont affect me but i do judge my comm mates hard on their coords.
I tried because i was spending too much time online while studying in another country. I stopped but soon as i returned home to only a few friends ive been glued to it ever since.

Coord wise for sure. ITs also saved me money and taught me about quality
Not so much. If anything ive liked people more finding out they are gulls. The only person ive disliked because of cgl is rinrin after finding out shes Chinese? and American?
I posted the girl who modified atomic cupcake a few times. Ive vendettad once because i know she went on cgl and she knew who i was. I got great feedback so i was really happy when she posted my coords. My comm dislikes cgl too much for me to self post otherwise.
Usually yes. Im iffy on choke now. Nope
I think its really helpful with a cup of salt.

>> No.8434174

>>8434171
>The only person ive disliked because of cgl is rinrin after finding out shes Chinese? and American?
But why? Why is that a bad thing?

>> No.8434176

>>8433922
A few gulls are legit but i can tell how many of you are whiney teenagers who think way too highly of their cosplay abilities

>> No.8434180

>>8434174
It was mostly disapointing.
Oh i ment to say "after watching all her snapchats and finding out shes...."
I thought she was a cute model who cared about her fans and always spoke in english.

>> No.8434183

>>8434180
Her twitter literally says she's from LA though... How big of a weeb must you be, sheesh

>> No.8434196
File: 60 KB, 341x353, 1427375762488.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8434180
... really?

>> No.8434354

>>8433922
Found /b/ 10+ years ago but only re-discovered 4chan 4 years ago and realised there's more than memes and edge. I use cgl and ic.
1-3 times a week on average, but sometimes don't check back for a while. It's boring if you come here too often.
>Why do you come here?
Lolita and jfash image dumps, release updates, the creative threads and the honest feedback; it's also touching when anons help each other and connect. I like that lolita rivals could be saying 'here is the mbok link to your dream dress bless you anon'.
I'm so much more critical of myself and everyone else inside my head, I just wish I had found cgl when I started lolita.
I wasted too much time on here when I was NEET and had to change that, I wasn't even interested in the things I was reading.
The global community feels so much smaller to me, it makes it so embarrassing when girls new to cgl get drunk on the power of "anonymity" or sucked into bait, but at the same time you can see how varied the opinions are even in such a small scene.
I like reading OTT horror stories but I don't like when people bring up people in my comm in case it reflects badly on us as a whole, and so I don't talk about others in respect of people that feel the same. I don't dislike people that truly feel a need to speak out, I just prefer to be in the build-a-print threads.
Take everything with a grain of salt. A niche community is not the whole world.

>> No.8434485

Long enough that when I started the board was red

Usually once or twice a day

>Why do you come here?
Habit

No

No

Cosplayer, probably not. Lolita, yes. I feel like once the Lolita's started paying regular threads it was really easy to find examples of good and bad cords

Not really

Yes. Shit about shitty people. I also like to troll lolita wedding threads

I don't think so? I don't believe most of it.

Brutal honesty, which is sometimes helpful. 4chan in general is honestly a really interesting thing. Everyone wants to act like they're to good to come here, but then all use memes and jargon born here.

>> No.8434582
File: 33 KB, 736x552, bd1f2b11586196ecbf453e95e8607c70.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Spring 2012 for /cgl/, sometime in 2007 for 4chan (not here consistently tho)
I binge, so I'll be here for a week or two and then vanish until I feel like lurking again.
>Why do you come here?
[see pic]
I don't think so.
Noep. Cgl might be mediocre for discussing cosplay, but it's better than Coscom
For the most part, no, but it did introduce me to a few concepts I wouldn't have known otherwise, like Sharpie-dyeing wigs.
I'm wary of both now because of all the passive aggression and other drama.
I don't really care about being part of it. Worst I've done is shitpost in a con thread that was being derailed by vendetta just so it would hit post limit and die.
Only if sufficient proof has been posted by multiple sources. If you believe anything posted here without some form of proof, youuuuuu may have been launched headfirst into a wall as a baby.
[see pic]

>> No.8434631

ex-mod, I requested that cgl be made.
Daily.
>Why do you come here?
Took a break from lolita for a long time, just starting to get more interested in it as money/life became more stable. Watched more anime and played more games so cosplay is becoming much more interesting now too.
Sort of. I notice the quality of clothing a lot more. Made me accept other peoples "aesthetics" a lot easier.
I did for a while, just by not being able to afford the lifestyle. Sold the handful of brand I had, Still have some custom pieces. Even some bodyline stuff in my closet. (that first dress I bought!)
Infinitely. back in the livejournal days people were just kind of figuring out what to do with lolita. There was not a whole lot of good information out there. I think anyone getting into lolita now are better off, and cgl can be really helpful and honest when helping you.
It hasn't. Regardless of where you are people are going to like/hate certain people. Drama will come and go.
Nope. I'm not involved in any communities. I'll participate in drama discussions, but I'm never directly related to any of it.
I only have an impression of people on the internet. I believe everything written in cgl is grossly exaggerated most of the time, but I'm never going to meet those people so...

>> No.8434635

>>8434631
I hated the board so much after the first few months of its inception. It would cause so much drama between this and the LJ community. But after a while it started to get its groove. I think a lot of people (myself included) just realized that deleting threads would just lead to more of a shitstorm. Kind of just let people do their thing and it turned out.. okay. There are still dumb threads that pop up here from time to time, but overall it seems to be a pretty helpful board for cosplayers and lolitas alike.

Lots of information and help regarding meetups and cons, it's nice to see what it's turned into. Sure there are shitposts but that's going to be everywhere on the internet regardless of what site you're on.

4chan led me to meet some really interesting people. People who have been my friends for well 6 years. Some people I wish I had never met in the first place too. But overall I'd say a lot of good came from using this site and getting to know the people involved with it.

>> No.8434679
File: 113 KB, 581x307, 1428448700476.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/cgl/ for about a year or so. I've been on and off 4chan for about seven years.
At least once a day, more if I'm following a thread.
>Why do you come here?
This is probably the best place to talk about lolita and be surrounded by people who share my passion for it. I'm on tumblr too, and tbh it's nice to get away from that. Also makeup and beauty tips.
I'm pretty good with not letting it cross into real life and how I treat others. It's really easy to get into that seagull mindset though. It has affected my humor a bit, too.
Nah, I've never seen it as something I had to leave.
It definitely helped me avoid having awful first coords. It has made me more critical towards myself, which is good and bad. It's helped me improve my makeup and styling skills a lot, but also made me a bit of a perfectionist. I lost interest in cosplay because I was too scared to make mistakes and look bad. However, /cgl/ also gave me the push to finally wear lolita, and I've gotten so much happiness from that, so I'm grateful.
Not in a bad way. I think it's made me able to see each aspect of someone's cosplay/coord and what I like and don't, and learn from that.
I did shit talk one cosplayer, but it wasn't untrue, so I don't feel guilty.
Nah, it's all with a grain of salt.
I love /cgl/ honestly, it can be catty, but there's great people here. 4chan is whatever, could take or leave it.

>> No.8434804

>>8433922
I've been on and off 4chan since about 2005 (ugh), but I've only come to /cgl/ as a board for about a year and a half.

Daily-ish
>Why do you come here?
I come to this board to stay abreast of trends in the fashion, funny drama, and also just to have a place to talk about lolita that isn't Facebook or tumblr

Good question. /cgl/ not so much, but then I'm a lone lolita so I don't interact much with other people in the fashion. 4chan has changed me over the years into both a smarter and shittier person for sure, though.

Before I was coming to /cgl/ regularly I hadn't been coming to 4chan for about two or three years. This is what's keeping me on the board now for sure.

Oh fuck yes it's made me better at the fashion.

It hasn't impacted my opinion of lolitas too much, but I do tend to think of cosplayers and cosplay fans as bitches because of cgl

I've never posted anyone's pics to cgl. I have commented in plenty of CoF and ita threads though

>Do you tend to believe the things you read on here? Have you ever hated someone because of /
cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome?

I don't tend to believe the shit I read here about people, unless they're huge drama posts (like now I know that John from Anime Matsuri really is a piece of shit, for instance).

I really like /cgl/ and I don't think it's as shitty or mean as people who don't come here often seem to think. 4chan sucks but I love it.

>> No.8434825

Since last winter/winter 2014

Daily

>Why do you come here?

Not part of very active community, I like being able to talk to other lolitas. Cgl has the best discussions about lolita if you can deal with all the shit mixed in.

Not really. I was already a judgmental bitch before I got here. I just keep it myself. My coording skills have improved by leaps and bounds since I got here.

N/A

Yes, my coording skills have improved tons. I've also found a solid direction for my wardrobe.

No

No

I take everything with a grain of salt. Cgl has shown me people to avoid talking to or selling/buying from.

It's what you make of it.

>> No.8434856

>>8434032
>how much do you think I can get this brand dress for?!?!
>I can't wait till ____ comes out, I'm gonna be first in line!!
>Ugh what a fatty chan, might as well be a hamplanet

Yeah, that shit gets old real quick.

>> No.8434886

>>8433922
since 2010. A friend was a big /b/tard. I go on /cgl/, /ck/, a bit on /fit/.
No pattern really. When I'm bored or when some scandal breaks. Every few weeks, to read up on slower topics. I do use the archive.
>Why do you come here?
To quickly catch up with news, gossip and any breaking drama.
No, but it's shown me that others are just as harsh in judgement and opinions, they just don't say so anywhere but here. So it makes me feel like a bit less of a bitch.
I'm not a regular so not really applicable.
Maybe. It's sharpened my eye for detail but it's made me too picky sometimes too.
It hasn't really changed anything.
No drama. I read and lurk mostly. Sometimes I'll answer questions, esp. in the dumb questions thread. The drama here is toxic and depressing. But it's a good site to read what's going on.
I believe some things. It's more a guideline who to watch out for.
Don't take it very seriously overall and don't believe things without confirming them. Ignore shitty posts, get an eye for just skimming over them.

>> No.8434908
File: 62 KB, 576x202, ^397A0B3074CFE2494E27CA1D4A2029941BCE28AB93D1B2B572^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8433922
6-7 years, only stopped browsing basic boards like /b/ and /v/ about a year in, started cgl maybe three years, after a break from 4chan
atleast twice daily
>Why do you come here?
enjoy talking to lolitas who arent as sensative as the ones in my comm (belfast comm is so bad, irish as a whole not as much)
yeah
when i got doxxed for making fun of gamergate and got a shit ton of weird letters from guys on here who i did not know and shit for a while i left but now i just dont care enough to bother with ir
i learnt alot about the fashion (unspoken rules in regards to tea parties mostly)
im slightly more judgemental, but only to those who critique other lolitas for doing stuff like wearing brand
i complain about my comm alot but they dont go on here so have never saw
>Do you tend to believe the things you read on here? Have you ever hated someone because of /cgl/, only to find out they were really awesome? i dont hate people based on cgls opinion
i liked it alot but now that pol/gamergate/being super right wing and hating women in an attempt to be extra offensive has really grown on here i dont enjoy it as much

>> No.8434916

since 2012
2-3 times a day
Why do you come here?
for everything lolita related
clg helped me in many ways. Before I came here, I was a whiny SJW who craved for attention and personal validation. The anonymity and cruel honesty on this board made me reflect on myself. I was finally able to see my imperfections and where I could improve myself without being a bitter cunt about it.
no
Cgl made me a better and more open minded lolita for sure, I received countless of live-saving tips and help on here.
It made me take distance from the SJW- and tumblr crowd, also from people who shit talk about cgl in general. The lolita community is a fucking hug box, where everyone compliments on themselves, how great they are and everyone's acting like they are great friends etc. Trough cgl, I came to the realisation how two faced this behaviour is, and that real criticism often is frowned up upon.
not really
Yes, it happened. I'm following most of the drama threads out of sheer curiosity, I don't draw conclusions from plain shitposting though. Before judge so. I try to find reliable sources on the accusations.
I value 4chan as a bastion of free speech. There's lots of nasty things and shitposting going on other boards, as well as on cgl (though to a lesser extent). But I don't regard that as an issue with being able to filter the content which you don't like.

>> No.8434935

>>8433922
9 years in general probably 7 or 6 for cgl
daily
>Why do you come here?
originally it was for SDCC threads then drama and now a days horror, bad cosplay, and maid threads
nope
>Have you ever tried to leave?How did that go?
what do you mean leave?
it has shown me the difference between good, bad, and great cosplay
its meh
nope
nope, I haven't really meet anyone that was on the /cgl/ hate list
its gotten a little less dramu but still an acceptable level other than that not much has changed. in general some boards have changes while other have barely.

>> No.8435057

>>8433922
8 years 4chan, about 3 or 4 years /cgl/.
I take regular breaks, but when I come here, I check multiple times a day
>Why do you come here?
I'm a lone lolita with terrible social skills, so I like chatting anonymously, rather than attaching my name to things. Also, entertainment. Dream dress threads. I used to post in the draw threads, but not anymore.
Yes. I've never been posted, but it's definitely made me more self-conscious about what I post online.
I need some time off from 4chan regularly when I get tired of all the bitching and drama. It works pretty well for me. But I'm always drawn back here.
I don't think so. But I'm already very critical of everything I do, so that helps.
I've learned that a LOT lolitas either post or lurk here.
I read drama, and I respond to the ita threads sometimes, but I try not to stir shit up.
I believe it if there is solid proof (caps, social media). No.
Some people are brutally honest, some use "honesty" to be complete assholes. I prefer it a lot to lolita facebook groups.
In general, 4chan is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

>> No.8435242

since 2008 I think. /CGL/ around the same time.
I take breaks now and again, but I check it once a day, more if there’s a con I’m going to has a thread.
>Why do you come here?
To quickly catch up with what’s going on, and t’s something to do.
It has made me more humble tbh. Seeing how others are treated on here, I tend to go out of my way to treat others better.
I just stop coming around for a while, then return when I feel like it.
For sure. It's sharpened my eye for detail, and made me try harder on my cosplay.
Like I said, it made me more humble.

>> No.8435274

>>8433922
almost 2 years now. checked into /y/ a few times years before, but never made it a habit.
depends. if i find a thread i like i'll check a couple times a day, otherwise it's about once a week.
>Why do you come here?
info and help.
not really, but my boyfriend does. I never used to really care about petticoats etc until I came on here. I think it's made me a better lolita, but my boyfriend thinks it has made me bitter. Last con we went to I commented to him how some girls coord could have been improved and he gave me a look.
nope.
yep. like i said earlier.
yep. like i said earlier.
not really. I just like posting in the positive picture threads and the help threads.
i'm not in a comm yet, so i honestly have no contact with any other lolitas. but i tend to have an open mind when i meet people in real life, give them the benefit of the doubt. Except JNig, i fucking hate that bitch.
some are assholes, some are the same a me. so meh. like most things in life.

>> No.8435279

/cgl/ for 9 years, 4chan for 10 probably.

It depends. Right now a couple times a day, when I'm busy with work though I'll maybe come once a week.

>Why do you come here?
I like looking at the progress threads and series threads I'm interested in (Love Live) mostly. I also know when I have a question about something cgl will be straight with me.

Yes, I know it's made me view how I cosplay in a different way.

I've never tried to leave. I just take long breaks sometimes when life throws too much at me.

I think so for sure. I try to keep an eye on legitimate things people tend to complain about now and cgl made me start changing how I do my make up and actually caring for my eyebrows.

Not really at all.

I use a name, so I've come up recently and even a handful of times in the past. It's usually bullshit rumors with no backing to them. I take actual criticisms about my cosplay, even if it's harsh, to heart though and think on them.

Nah, I don't tend to pass judgement on a person until I witness them acting personally and like to give everyone a chance.

Really depends on the board since there's so many different cultures depending on what you browse. I'm not gonna lie, I do miss the old times with old trips and stuff, but I'm glad drama has been cut down significantly here and usually gets cleaned up quickly.

>> No.8435309

>>8433922

being regular? under 1 year

every day

>Why do you come here?

i get bored

no

no.I do tell myself i need to stay away and not partake in gossip,though.

no

yes

yes

depends

no

its a place to relax,talk,maybe even learn something I dont take it so seriously

>> No.8435320

Pretty new, only around a year for both.
Daily or more, depending on the day.
>Why do you come here?
It started because I thought drama was funny but now it's because people here don't sugar coat anything and give brutally honest critiques. Also because cosplay is fun and I've been interested in lolita for about 8 or 9 years.
Meh. Maybe some day. It's making me want to get into lolita for real though.
Nah.
Mostly just more self conscious in cosplay. I just hope I don't get posted to ita or bad cosplay threads, but that if I do I don't take it too hard.
I get a little worried for nice people in shit cosplays now. It makes me kinda sad to see them get ripped apart on cgl.
Not really any more than real life. I've posted pictures from a couple people I don't like, but they were wearing really bad stuff so it's kinda... not PURE vendetta.
Depends. I try to take everything with a grain of salt.
Pretty interesting place now that I've started to acclimate to it more. It's mean but kind of in an honest way a lot of the time. 4chan in general is interesting to me because nobody really cares for repercussions of what they say. I like that about it.

>> No.8438421
File: 373 KB, 500x405, mewmew.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Been on 4chan for 7 years, and cgl for 6.

Daily, for multiple hours a day.

>Why do you come here?
Cgl is real as fuck. You guys give legit criticism on both cosplay and lolita. Both of which I love, so it's chill to see people discuss these things in such an open manner.

I think being a seagull has helped me embrace my salty side. Bout it.

I took a break for a couple years. It didn't phase me. I was just really busy.

I think so. I think looking at all of the mistakes of others, alongside the successes has helped with my own judgements.

Uhh, well I do judge others fairly harshly. I also try to give my close friends my unaltered opinion of what they should do in cosplay, and cringe deep down inside when they ignore my advice.

>Have you ever been part of any drama/vendetta/general shit talking?
I lurk during drama. I don't really like to post others, but I sure do like watching others be posted. Love the dramu.

It varies, based on evidence.

Nah. I don't hate anyone.

I imagine cgl to be filled with a large variety of weeby girls (who won't admit to their weebiness), a lot of whom are cute and fashionable. There are some chill cosplay dudes in here, with a peppering of creepy dudes that came from other boards.

4Chan in general, though? I couldn't say these days, I stick to my cgl.

>> No.8438491

>>8433922
About 4 years. I came on 4chan to see what the fuss was about, but /cgl/ is the only board I kept interest in.
A few times a day, sadly. Stupid app.
>Why do you come here?
I like seeing news, opinions, inspiration, etc. Mostly time wasting.
I see myself becoming a sjw if I was never on 4ch. I actually made a tumblr after about a year on here, so I was pretty immune to the guilt-tripping. A lot of my friends use tumblr and not 4chan, and I can see that they resent some of my opinions.
I grew less interested in cosplay, so I spent more time on tumblr doing god knows what. I grew more interested in lolita, so I came back, and to my delight, the board is mostly lolita/beauty now. Nice.
Definitely. I love coord help and sewing threads. I love giving advice to others too! I like that everyone states their real opinion here too.
I was never a cosplayer and not on /cgl/, really. Same with lolita. They've kind of been hand in hand.
I can't make myself do it. I'd feel too bad. I'm not so active in my lolita comm anyways, and I wasn't ever in a cosplay comm.
Yeah maybe if I had joined yesterday. I guess I feel better about people once I know they browse /cgl/. I feel like they'll take criticism/"cyberbullying!!" better.
It's alright. I feel like /cgl/ is more civilized, for lack of a better word, than other boards. Only board I feel at home on.

>> No.8439647
File: 914 KB, 400x238, your waifus pantsu on breadu.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Three years on /cgl/ and five years on 4chan
Practically every day unless I'm not around the computer or working.
>Why do you come here?
It's something to do.
I find that I'm more judgmental about certain things.
I haven't tried yet. Nothing has really pushed me to try leaving.
Yes, most definitely.
For sure. I really enjoy community driven hobbies, but I was never aware of how catty people could be, especially lolitas. I also nitpick like hell whenever I see a cosplay or someone in lolita.
No, I don't see the point in wasting energy on shit talking people.
Nah, 4chan is full of liars.
It's a pretty good place to get advice, keep up with the newest trends or releases, and there are a surprising amount of really helpful people. 4chan in general is a good time if you don't take it seriously.

>> No.8439663

Too fucking long, my friend
Used to be everyday a few years ago, then I stopped for about a year, and now I just recently started frequently posting again
>Why do you come here?
Shit man idek at this point, this place is so toxic but it's like a car crash I can't look away from
Actually? I think it's made me nicer, since I see so many people picking on others here, and now I want to help others with cosplay/lolita instead of making fun of them. Also, it's helped me deal with bullies a lot more and I've learned how to stick up for myself.
lol i'm back, so how do you think it went?
My standards are definitely a lot higher because of cgl, and it's helped me learn many of the cardinal sins of cosplay/lolita
Tons of respect for both, that shit is hard
LOL
Nah, I know better than to believe that shit
It's toxic but fun as hell

>> No.8439744

4 years on /cgl/, 7~8 years on /x/
everyday
>Why do you come here?
my country online comm is dead and LJ is dead too. I like to read about news, discussion, see coords/inspirations and true opinion about everything.
I'm definitely more judgmental.
nope
Yes, definetely a better lolita.
Yep.
Never.
never hated someone because of /cgl/
I guess it's a place to check different opinions and read about news and honest concrit.

>> No.8440576

5-6 years /cgl/, 4chan around the same amount. I dropped by /b/ a few times in high school for "lel edgy" but never posted.
Daily. I might drop off for a few days but inevitably I get bored and return.
>Why do you come here?
Cosplay threads (I'm a Homestuck/SU shitheel but I also dig the vidya/Disney/western content), contributing in help threads, draw threads. Sometimes I'll poke through a jfash thread.
>Do you think it has affected you on a deep level, whether it's how you think or your personality? Has /cgl/ made you a better lolita/cosplayer? How has /cgl/ impacted the way you see lolitas/cosplayers?
I'm internally more cynical and critical of myself and others (so I've improved somewhat), but I think encountering a lot of toxic meanness on /cgl/ has made me kinder to people when interacting with them, and I try not to leave insults about cosplayers when they get posted here (and avoid the "bad cosplay" threads).
I stopped visiting for a few months because I got busy and was occupied with other things in my life. Came back because I like how dense the content is and how it's one convenient place for discuss multiple things I'm interested in.
I have a mild vendetta against one person who's active on /cgl/ and off-4chan (Tumblr) and disapprove of her approach to cosplay. But being attention-seeking with zero improvement or regard for craftsmanship aside, she seems like an alright person so I've never posted about her (until now).
A toxic gauntlet. Run the /cgl/ challenge and find out if you emerge a bitter, mean asshole or a better and helpful cosplayer (or somewhere in between).