[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 122 KB, 531x800, 1367461338919.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8423155 No.8423155 [Reply] [Original]

Didn't see one in the catalog, so here's a new feels thread!

Try to keep it /cgl/ related please. You know why.

>> No.8423170
File: 207 KB, 480x360, tumblr_lkzwpx3F4l1qfstdz.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>summer just started, temps range from mid 80's to high 90's
>can't wear lolita
>can't even wear make up + wig for cute outfit
>summer fashion titled as 'fuck no, too hot for this shit'
>i hate the summer
>so sad

>> No.8423172

>there's a con in September
>bf wants to go now
>can't figure out what to wear
>lolita coord just needs blouse and shoes
>fairy kei items are coming in the mail

My birthday is august and I want to do something but now that I'm gonna go to a con, I gotta do something low key I feel like.

>> No.8423235

>tfw you want to start a topic on ruffle chat
>about gender and lolita and how I don't give a shit about if you're a boy or a girl or whatever
>tfw too pussy cus I know it will go to shit real fast

>> No.8423458
File: 15 KB, 250x250, 1329699958914.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cosplay "friend" used to mock me for my weight and would call me chubby in non-endearing ways
>tfw I'm now 20 lbs lighter (and borderline underweight) than she is but she still calls me chubby
>at least I can cosplay cute characters now, r-right guys ;~;

>> No.8423464

>>8423458
kick her ass

>> No.8423468

>>8423235
PLEASE. I've been getting tired of this (ps I'm a boy) shit since the second post. Literally no one gives a fuck if you're a boy, a girl, or a robot chicken.

>> No.8423483

I hate lolitas who don't excuse not wearing a blouse with dresses when it's hot as balls outside and they don't even live in Florida. Summer just started and it's already 102 degrees here with additional humidity so yes, fuck you for calling me an ita. I want to dress cute during Summer. You don't have to deal with it because your Summer is starting and it's still in the 70s or 80s.

>> No.8423487

>>8423483
Wear an op and stop crying

>> No.8423493

>>8423487
All of my OPs have long sleeves so fuck you. Until I get more OPs I'm going to look cute.

>> No.8423494

>>8423483
As a Texan - you're a fucking baby. Feel free to sweat all up in your brand and make it stank with your unshaved pits all you want but don't get mad at us for calling you an ita when you're dressed like a sweaty ita.

Just get light cotton or chiffon blouses, or light boleros to cover up your shoulders, and pack a cool water bottle when you go out. And parasols. Ain't hard to wear a blouse in 105.

>> No.8423505

>>8423494
Oh boo hoo. Texas. It's so hard living in a state that's dry and hot and doesn't feel like I'm drowning 24/7 and also doesn't literally dampen the dress I'm wearing with water.

I don't even sweat very much. The humidity makes things much, much worse. Parasols can't block out what feels like being consistently assaulted by damp sponges.

For the record I'm not as angry as I sound, I just don't take heat well as someone who originally came from where it was really cold..

>> No.8423512

>>8423494
Also for the record, chiffon is actually hot as balls and it's the chiffon that usually fucks me over. Even wearing shorts in this weather when it's so horribly humid is wretched.

I've also been to Texas during the Summer and it is so much more pleasant. I can actually look somewhat acceptable.

>> No.8423515
File: 248 KB, 500x343, 1401576867065.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>the outfits I commussioned in January/febuary are still not here and the con is next week
>my fucking face when

>> No.8423537

you know those storenvy/independent stores (like inuinu) who sell overpriced taobao/aliexpress stuff?

i don't buy from them because i'm not 15 and i know how to actually shop online.. but i like to tag them in pics of clothes that they also sell so that they'll repost the pics. aka a free shoutout.
>now at 6k instagram followers from repeatedly doing this
>tfw i don't feel bad about it bc they shouldn't overprice shit+fuck their manufacturer's over

>> No.8423553

After a fair while of seeing my coords on FB, normie friend decides to join lolita too, and:
-Refuses to buy things like lolita-suitable shoes, insists ballet pumps will work.
-Thinks work shirts are fine for casual loli.
-Keeps asking to borrow my clothes, when my waist is genuinely 20 cm smaller than hers.
As long as she's happy, then it's fine, but she doesn't get that I'm not lending her Baby from '05 in the hopes that it will somehow grow 18cm, and that her Bodyline dress + normie clothes coord is not CoF worthy, because it will end up on the ita thread.
I'm worried that it's going to affect our friendship, because she genuinely doesn't understand that my clothes won't fit her, and she thinks I'm raining on her parade when I offer concrit for the coord for her first meet - but I also don't want her to be made fun of, and lending her anything other than a bag and accessories is impossible...
I've even started trying to let her make her own mistakes, but if I give advice, she's broke and I should be encouraging her to join me! If I don't, I'm being unhelpful, and she really needs advice~...
It's been an awesome friendship for years, but I'm genuinely considering telling her I've left the fashion due to something traumatic, and deleting my FB, then blocking her on FB so she can't see my meet pics and statuses. We live in different cities, so I could get away with it, but...
It's ridiculous that it's come to this.

>> No.8423628

>>8423483

You've never lived somewhere with humidity. I've live in Texas and have lived in Florida, and trust me- it is worse when you practically have to swim through the humid air.

Also, have you ever worn a full coord during the day? It's hot as balls even in an OP. A JSK with no blouse is just damn sensible if not a full coord.

>> No.8423640

>>8423553

Tell her exactly what you just said. If that does nothing, just deal with an ita friend. It's not like it affects you if she is posted to the ita thread, maybe she'll learn the hard way.

>> No.8423653

>tfw really jealous of a girl i know on facebook because she's rich, privileged, and spoiled
>she gets to cosplay whatever the fuck she wants just because she has the cash to
>she isn't EXTREMELY magnificent in cosplay, but naturally she's pretty as hell
>meanwhile i am potato-chan with abnormally fat cheeks for a 110 lb person who has to use tons of eyelid tape, circle lenses, and falsies to make it seem like i have average sized eyes

i know this is immature as hell but i feel like i can't help it. why did i have to be born ugly? ;_;

>> No.8423665

>>8423483
Just don't tag it 'lolita' and few will bother you.

>> No.8423694

>>8423483
What is a seasonal wardrobe?
You can't break major rules, post rudely with attitude and expect to get a pass on anything. It's not everyone else's fault you aren't properly dressed for the weather. 'Buy some short sleeved cotton OP' is a reasonable thing to do if you live in a sweltering, humid climate. The weather is not some mysterious arcane surprise if you live there. What do you suppose Lolitas who live in full tropical climates do? Or ones who travel? They seem to manage.

>> No.8423707

>>8423553
screw her, become my lolita friend. I would kill for someone to critique my coords and answer my stupid questions sometimes.

>i hate being a lone lolita

>> No.8423770

>>8423512
>>8423505
I sweat a lot cause I'm Filipino. Can't imagine wearing lolita with long sleeves in the summer when it's 110 degrees out. Can't barely imagine wearing a cutsew or anything short sleeve under a big heavy dress with all the undergarments I gotta wear to keep from having boob loaf and sweat pads to keep from smelling. Plus a wig. And knee socks or tights.

Idk man. That's a lot to deal with just in an outfit

>> No.8423774

>>8423537
What if you don't want to pay for heavy ass shipping? Like if the storenvy person is closer to me.. I'm gonna buy from them instead. They're not always that expensive.

>> No.8423830

>>8423653
>>8423653
I want to start with a disclaimer that this isn't meant to be super hug box-y ~tumblr~ shit, but honestly I'm sure you're quite pretty when you take the time to get all done up with makeup, and at the VERY least average without it. I do mainstream modeling outside of cosplay and you'd be surprised at how shitty even perfectly-proportioned models think they look. There's always someone skinnier, someone taller, someone younger, someone with better facial features etc etc than you. I fall into the rut of "im ugly, why do i even try" mindset a lot, so I might not be the best person to take advice from, but I think it's important to just work with what you have. It's natural to get jealous of other people.

>> No.8423832

>>8423707
Same, where do you live? I'm in the states.

>> No.8423868

>All lolita friends going to be at hyper japan
>Not going to hyper japan this year bc we left it too late and now everything costs an arm and a leg

>> No.8423871

>>8423483
>the solution: stay indoors or go to places where you're mostly indoors until summer is over
>source: I live in south FL

>> No.8423900

>>8423483
Not that I don't agree with you, but nobody's forcing you to wear lolita....you could just wear something else. There are lots of cute fashions out there that don't require layers.

>> No.8423932

>volunteer for local convention
>supervisor chews out coworker in front of me
>feel weirdly guilty, and embarrassed on behalf of both of them

>> No.8423975

>>8423830
Of course. I think I look cute when I pile on 4 layers of face makeup to achieve a pretty convincing "my face is actually this close to paper-white" look, and layer falsies on top of falsies, and fix my wig that it frames like 50% of my cheeks off.
But I only do that maybe 5-6 days out of a 365 day year. The rest I don't wear any makeup because I don't go anywhere, and then I'm confronted by my hideous ass face.

>> No.8423998

>>8423975
post proof, otherwise you're just fishing for compliments

>> No.8423999

>been wearing lolita for three years now
>only have 3-4 dresses in my closet at a time
>have that little because i resell pieces often
>never want to do wardrobe posts because i don't want people to think that i'm broke or a newbie

>> No.8424084

>>8423505
>It's so hard living in a state that's dry and hot and doesn't feel like I'm drowning 24/7 and also doesn't literally dampen the dress I'm wearing with water.

What is Houston, or Galveston, or literally any city near the coast? Clearly, you haven't heard of them because it's literally Satan's swampy fucking asshole here.

Literally just don't fucking wear lolita when you're going to be outside a lot. You'll get chatised for not properly dressing up when you purposely decided "I want to wear lolita,' and then not doing it correctly. You're not deserving of a pity party for purposely deciding to do something you'll get bitched at for. There's literally fuck tons of cute fashion that is cool, and not requiring of so many layers.

>> No.8424086
File: 76 KB, 1000x1000, overdose.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to cosplay
>but don't want any attention or pictures taken

>> No.8424094

>>8424086
Can you elaborate in this? I've never understood people not wanting their pictures taken, but I feel like as long as they don't get posted you're okay.

I get not wanting to look bad but if the person wants to take your picture, they probably don't think you look bad or even if they do, fuck em.

>> No.8424100

>>8424086
Do it at home?

>> No.8424105

>>8424086
if someone asks you can just say no?

>> No.8424244
File: 2.46 MB, 358x272, good4u.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I helped a girl get her dream dress the other day! She's so happy and it's the very best feeling to know I helped. This and the fact that I've got my own dream dress coming - I'm feeling pretty good for once, gulls.
Now if only I could drop ten pounds...

>> No.8424335

>>8424086
Do it at home and take your own pictures. Could just be me as I'm a tog and more comfortable being behind the camera or in control of the pictures, but going out to a secluded spot and taking in-character photos is a lot more fun than cosplaying at a con imo. And you always control what gets uploaded online and what doesn't.

>> No.8424358

/cgl/ related:
>always had short hair
>finally grow it out to about armpit length
>don't wanna cut it, but ends are getting frizzier by the second
>on top of that, can't do my own hair for shit but want kawaii mori hairstyles
I wish I had eyes at the back of my head so I could do those elaborate braids

not so /cgl/ related:
>always thought I had a fairly neutral accent, to be honest it something I'd worked on quite a bit because I'm a very un-posh person who used to live in a posh neighbourhood where everyone sounds like a robot yank
>the other day some Vietnamese girls start fawning over my 'cute accent'
One more thing to add onto my list of things to be insecure about, I suppose... ;_;

>> No.8424391

>>8423999
Are you me? I hate how having a gigantic wardrobe is like the main goal of most lolitas. I would rather have 5 main pieces that are 10/10 dream items than 50 pieces that are just there because you need to pad out your wardrobe posts.

>> No.8424429

>>8423170
>weh it's hot

it's been 110-115 for 3 days where I'm at, I wish it were mid 90's

>> No.8424438

Temps close to 100 this week + humidity.
Crank the refrigerated aircon until there's a chill.
Wear a bolero.
Feels good.

>> No.8424461

>>8424438
(are you Floridian?)
>same

>> No.8424475

>planning out my lolita budget for the next... six years? using excel just for kicks
>fuck yeah with current income, best results & timing i can manage all the dream dresses i could ever want and then some in six years, what the hell
>some of it comes from initial savings, some of it comes from future savings, some of it comes from potential japan trip savings, etc.
>tfw saving has never looked so easy until now

>tfw my wishlist has over 100 dresses on it
>we'll see if i quit lolita before i hit that 100 (but i'm already too deep into it so that's looking unlikely)

>> No.8424485

>>8424461
Nope but it's what everyone sensible in southern humid climates is (or should be) doing, lol!

>> No.8424488

It makes me sort of sad inside to see girls who buy a new AP release, wear it once to a big event, sell it, buy the next release, wear it, sell it, so on. It seems like a status symbol instead of a dress at that point.
I guess I'm salty because I never can make myself order straight from AP, I either buy it secondhand later or never get it at all. But it's a gross feel like "you don't really appreciate that!!" while I sit in all my taobao and second hand.

>> No.8424495

>>8424488
I feel you, anon.
>tfw at least glad most of my AP dream dresses will most likely stay in my wardrobe because I'm a huge AP fag

>> No.8424502

>>8424475
tips and tricks for saving?

>> No.8424526

>>8424488
Why the concern over what others do with their clothes? Sounds a bit jelly. Maybe that's the way they best enjoy lolita. And no, it's not me, I keep my things, I get attached. But I have a friend who loves the excitement of buying new pieces and doesn't really stay attached to most of them. It's just how she does lolita.

>> No.8424557

>>8424502
>initial savings: figure them out based on current income, any potential sales, etc.
>future savings: figure them out based on current income
>etc. savings: set aside a certain amount for special occasions. i.e. my japan trip fund, i'm setting aside $5000 for the hell of it, i want to have a huge shopping spree once in my life. i already have it technically, just waiting to spend as much as i can there so i have the excuse to use it and save on shipping.

I also personally divide my dream dresses into "waves" to make saving for them easier. set aside about 2000 per year, over the course of six years that's 12000. make it more like 2500 and that's even more. figure in potential gifts/gift money, etc.

don't waste money on shit you may just resell later once you get tired of it. rent video games if you can, or buy them + resell after and buy used for cheap when the price drops. check out books from the library instead of buying them, don't waste money on new games/books/dvds/media in general, or animu shit like figures, etc.

this is what i've figured out so far anyway
granted, i still live with my parents for now, who knows what will happen down the road, but i give them rent money too which i also budget for obviously

>> No.8424582

>>8423235
I feel you. Im sick of this "today i wore OTT sweet lolita but male pronouns as im a HE"

We have brolitas in my comm. When they wear boystyle they go as He, in everyday normal fag a he but when doing gothic lolita they are fine with getting Shes. Im sick of this tumblr transgender stuff. I think actual cross gendering guys only mention it because it gives them some passes with subpar makeup skills

>> No.8424656

>>8424358
Trim your hair. It really helps. I was stubborn and never cut my hair before and it never got that far past natural waist because id have terrible split ends. Now mines at my low waist because i trim it 1-2 inches ever few months after having chin length hair.

Also just embrace your accent. No matter what if youre from somewhere different you'll have an accent.
tfw My cousins make fun of my accent for being too relaxed and they have Jersey accents.

>> No.8424818

>tfw meet guy who wants to get in shape and go back to cosplaying as well
>tfw good taste in anime
>tfw good taste in games
>tfw too much of a scared shit to talk to him more

also a non cgl feel:
>game just came out in japan, 6 months till it gets an english release
>people posting spoilers anyway, and general info as well
>tfw the struggle of trying to avoid seeing spoilers

>> No.8425008 [DELETED] 

>have a guy friend
>he's really smart
>he cares and is nice
>even though I dump him for other guys he still wants to see me
>he has a warm heart, doesn't judge me and my weird fashion sense (lolita fashion ftw)

>he's also ugly. his head is size and shape of a potato sack, he's got weird frog-like eyes

>but he has a nice personality and will earn lots of money in future

>> No.8425861

>>8425008
You sound like the dream proof for /r9k/ that all women are evil.

>> No.8425875 [DELETED] 

not exactly /cgl/ related but I need to vent somewhere anon.

>recently found out that two diagnosis I was given in my teens were wrong.
>turns out I'm actually going blind.
>Luckily it can be reversed.
>But I have to spend more money then I make for all of the treatments it requires.
>But I'm so depressed that all I feel like doing is crying. Can't call out of my shitty job or I'll loose it.
>Shitty job is making my health problems worse so I want a new one but can't seem to find one since I don't have a college degree.

I just cant find anything to help me cope with this whole entire thing, since my usually coping mechanism is the biggest part of what's causing my issues. On one hand if I can get my shit together that means I can get brand.

>> No.8426216

>love capeshit
>too skinnyfat to cosplay capeshit without looking awful

Dammit spandex, you are the worst.

I'm too skinny to cosplay fat characters, but too fat to cosplay skinny characters.

I've actually lost quite a bit of weight recently, but all from areas I never had a problem with.

>> No.8426276

>have crush on cosplay bro
>zero sexual attraction, just fluttery bashful feelings
>he's not that attractive, lives with his parents, has a mental disorder, is short and DYEL mode, no major life achievements, or even major cosplay achievements
>somehow can't stop thinking about him
>imagine epic adventures and deep conversations together
>want to spend more time with him, jealous when his other friends are around
>feel weak, pathetic, and mediocre, undeserving of his friendship
>at the same time judge him secretly for his many failings
>wish often he would quit cosplay so our main reason for spending time together will be gone
>convince myself to stop making plans with him, but then when he contacts me I go over the moon with excitement and agree to whatever he wants to do
>a simple Skype message from him can make me happy or despairing all day

What the fuck is this feeling? If there was any sexual attraction involved it would make sense, I could deal with being gay/bi, but this seems like an emotional rollercoaster without any point to it.

>> No.8426322

>>8423483
I just wore a JSK, wig, and blouse in Vegas last weekend and it was 113. I also live in MD where it's humid as hell. I just try to stay indoors as much as possible. it's not like you're outside all day in lolita, are you?

>> No.8426331

>>8424488
AP releases really aren't too expensive. The yen is tanking right now so I've purchased sets on release day for well under $300. I don't resell mine but most would sell for above retail

>> No.8426452

>struggled badly with eating disorder early this year but started to get better
>gained ~10 lbs, 2 inches on hips, 1 inch on waist
>got accepted to model for AatP
>fuck, i need to lose 20 lbs
Now I'm trying to at least tone up and lose a little weight without going full crazy.

>> No.8426453

>>8426276

I went through this exact same thing and it went away after i experimented with a girl for awhile to see if i was bi. It could either be that, or if hes super fun despite his failings, you could just be desperate for fun exciting friends. I hope things work out either way

>> No.8426637
File: 76 KB, 640x960, cglreactionimage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8423868
I'm in the same boat, so I'm just going on the sunday.

>mfw getting there at noon because I'm an idiot and didn't plan in advice.

>> No.8426659

I keep having these dreams where I'll make plans with friends and everyone cancels on me and goes out without me or the boy I'm seeing will do something really out of character and mean and I end up alone in my apt crying in my bed. And then I wake up. Its really starting to bum me out and I don't know what to do.

>> No.8426940

Happy feels
>getting 2 of my dream dresses
>my first dream dresses ever
>so happy I could cry

>> No.8426954

>>8426452
No carbs, high protein, moderate to low exercise needed. You'll do great anon, I'm rooting for you!

>> No.8426959
File: 571 KB, 678x680, 0172308.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tries to make friends at a con
>socializes with a clique cosplaying the same series as me
>all of them are instantly uncomfortable with an outsider hanging around their group
>gives up being the only one pushing the conversation and leaves
>mfw I could've been a solid addition to their group cosplay

>> No.8426964

>>8423458
You don't need that crap anon, tell that jelly bitch to bite the fucking curb.

Recently I've started buying lolita stuff, building a wardrobe, planning coords. Lots of feels going on, lots of mixed feels. My bf seems to be pretty supportive, he's been keeping an eye on LM while at work and often sends me stuff to consider.
I have almost 200 in stuff bought, 200 in pending auctions, and I haven't even begun to touch my wishlist items (can't find them of course).
What I wouldn't give to have one of them pop up. I'd feel too lucky for words.

>> No.8426966

>>8423505
hahahahaha, Sucks to be you!
I live in Cali, no drier heat to be found north of Hell.

>> No.8426969

>>8426954
Thanks. I definitely know how to lose weight, it's just an issue of doing it in a healthy manner.

>> No.8426970

>>8426659
have you maybe tried different rituals before going to bed? I used to have bad reoccurring nightmares (not night terrors) so before i went to sleep i started drinking a lot of water, making sure i wasn't too hot at night (either removing sheets or putting a fan near the bed), listening to calming music or white noise sounds... Stuff to soothe an overactive mind. Dreams are your brain's way of working out problems and rehashing things you've been thinking about, so calming it down and distracting it with relaxing/pleasant things before you sleep can really help.

>> No.8426985

>Friend convinces me to do a partner cosplay with her
>both pretty excited
>I make almost the whole thing (even though it's fairly simple, I'm not crafty at all)
>buy a ton of special effects make up
>SHAVE MY FUCKING HEAD"
>'oh, sorry anon, I don't want to wear that cosplay any longer, I've worn it a few years in a row now, it's getting boring. But you'll look great!'
>gonna be all by myself now

>at least I like the haircut

>> No.8427084

>>8423483
> chiffon blouse
> lightweight bolero or cardigan
> bring a fan or a portable misting device
> problem solved

Source: I live in Vegas. Yes, it feels like a fucking oven every single time I step out of the house, but it ain't stopping me from wearing lolita on days that I want to.

>> No.8427604

>>8426970
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try a few of them tonight. Having sad dreams really puts a damper on the whole day.

>> No.8427813

>All my Cosplay friends are hot white chicks. That do basic bitch cosplay.
>Me Chubby brown girl that mostly does elaborate things.
>Friends want me to join their cosplay group.

I would love to I miss doing group cosplay a but I also know that no matter how much work I do and how good it looks I will never get the same amount of attention as them. And I know even if I lost weight the fact that I am not white is always going to limit my attention.

>> No.8427878

>lost over 60 lbs to fit into Lolita by doing one to two hour workouts 6-7 days a week and dieting.
>tfw can't fit into brand because upper body is now too big
At least I became a world champion stick and knife fighter during the process.

>> No.8427985

>>8423458
dump her stupid ass
if i lost 20 kg and people kept saying im chubby id tell them to sod off

>> No.8428160

>made a relatively small taobao order
>reaching the last bit of my check but it's all cheap so idc
>go food shopping with last of money
>waiting to pay for international shipping fees
>none of the sellers listed weight so I can't calculate shipping fees
>picked the cheapest shipping fees cause I knew this would happen

Waiting to get that scary email saying payment is due on that order... I have to go take out a loan to pay. My shopping addiction is real.

>> No.8428176

>>8426276
Wow, this hits way too close to home for comfort. I have no idea what to do either. Just trying to distract myself and take my mind off it but it's not easy...

>> No.8428474
File: 1.16 MB, 250x250, 1423971519593.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>having to unfollow lolitas you like because they just can't stop posting generic brown tumblr core camwhores because they are just so totally not racist and if you have slightly thick lips and slightly brown skin you're a goddess by default and #slayingit

>> No.8428479

>Been feeling like crud for months
>Coughing until vomiting happens, lack of energy etc
>Starts to get better after I cut out certain foods from diet
>Think i have this handled
>Go to doctor and find out its pneumonia

I have had pneumonia since December apparently
oops?

>> No.8428589

I finally got one of my dream dresses. The bust is stretched out to shit, underarms are stained. I spent 2 hours scrubbing the dress attempting to get the stains out. wowie do I love untrustworthy sellers

>> No.8428602
File: 302 KB, 849x1132, tumblr_nqa0y2moP21r5jwwpo2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8428474
Idk, anon, maybe it's cause I'm part Filipino but I enjoy seeing bitches "slayit" cause it's hot and it's apart of fashion and I guess I just like all Fashion..

>> No.8428609
File: 563 KB, 940x784, 1431542232781.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8428479
why are lolitas ill all the time?

>> No.8428619

>>8428609
I don't know about other people but my poor diet and work schedule at the time kind of made a case of bronchitis spiral out of control. Didn't fix my poor diet until recently.

>> No.8428659

>>8428609
I really don't know! I want to know because wtf why are a lot of us falling apart????

>> No.8428662

>>8428659
The reason I posted is because I see all these stories and I'm one of the many, just dying all the time.. I feel like I'm pretty healthy, too. Well, as healthy as I can be.

>> No.8428754
File: 105 KB, 283x302, tumblr_inline_mxqgktobEj1rxrn8b[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>commissioned a cosplay back in January, the absolute LATEST I can get it by is July 1st
>She told me it'd be done in may, cool
>nope, not done, con is next week, message her freaking out
>no response to my message, however I see her posting progress pics of other cosplays she's doing for herself online

>mfw

>> No.8428778

>>8428754
did you pay her via paypal? Do a claim because you got jackshit.

>> No.8428798

>>8428778
yep, did the ol' commission deal, pay for materials up front, then the rest is paid when the cosplay is complete.

A part of me is still hoping while checking my email like crazy, but I know there's no way to get that done.

Being pushed aside for other orders/personal projects is a real kick in the gut, especially since I ordered so far in advance.

>> No.8428825

>Feeling old and not cute
>Just turned 20 lol
>Lolita feels too childish
>I only like sweet lolita on me
>Classic just screams grandma
>Gothic is too "edgy" for me
tbh I'm being a little bitch

>> No.8428850
File: 204 KB, 417x416, 1414363231040.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just want a bf who says things like this

>>>/soc/22029085

>> No.8428874

>make comment to friend that sometimes i dislike when skinny girls cosplay chubby/fat characters
>especially when they get more recognition and likes and asspats even if their cosplay sucks
>she gets super pissy and huffy about it
>"skinny girls can cosplay whatever the fuck they want!!! even if the character is fat!!!! they'll probably look just as good or better anyway!!!!"
>......okay
>now she's posting about wanting to cosplay all these bigger characters
>with extra emphasis on the characters she knows i'm cosplaying
>starting to question this friendship

like, normally i really don't care what people cosplay. but i hate getting shit on for cosplaying to my body type, while skinny girls are praised for doing the same cosplays. it just...rubs me the wrong way, because they have so many more options. i don't know, i'm just annoyed she's being a salty bitch about this.

>> No.8428914
File: 23 KB, 493x387, 21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8428850
>I impress myself sometimes

>> No.8428922

>>8428798
>>8428754
Name and shame, anon.

>> No.8428935

>>8426216

spanx are your friend. invest in one good pair in a neutral color and you'll be fine

>> No.8428954
File: 300 KB, 529x287, nope.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ordered item off wishlist this morning
>package i was waiting on arrived 2 days earlier than expected
>slow day at work, spent most of time fooling around
>supervisor didn't feel like being in the office and ended the work day at 1pm, got to go home early but still getting paid for full day's work
>found out someone posted something nice about me here
>overall just a really good day today
>why do i still feel like shit

>> No.8429183

>>8428602

>and it's apart of fashion and I guess I just like all Fashion..

Did you even read what the fuck you typed before submitting, what does this have to do with anything. Ffs dont they teach people how to structure counterarguments anymore

>> No.8429261

>wearing simple coord to grandpa's 80th birthday on Saturday
>shoes are killer but they're the only ones that match
>go running today
>rolled my fucking ankle
>lmao whatever it didn't even hurt, keep running
>get home 20 minutes later, after 10 minutes I can't put any weight on my ankle
>fucking swollen
>probably won't be able to walk tomorrow
>probably can't wear shoes to party
my plans are ruined.

>> No.8429284

>>8428825
Yeah you are. I'm 27 and wear sweet. 20 is so insanely far from old! Keep rocking the sweet til you die!

>> No.8429314

>>8428825
28 year old pastel vomit sweet lolita here. I only like sweet as well but at least your younger than me. You still have a while before you should start worrying about age. When your my age, then start worrying.

>> No.8429319

>>8428825
Girl, I'm 33 and wear mostly sweet. I know people older than me who still wear it. Look up Shelbycloud. She's my age. I'm the same age as Misako. The fun doesn't even start when you're 20 because you still can't afford this shit until you're mid twenties at least.

>> No.8429326

>>8429319
Amen. 22 and finally got into lolita because I can afford it.

>> No.8429333

>83 cm bust
>56 cm waist
>86cm hip
>5'10
>will never fit into lolita

>> No.8429338

>>8429319
It's easy if your like Misako and look way younger than your age.

>> No.8429353

>>8429333
I'm your height and 3cm fatter in the bust and 10+ in the waist. Anything 100cm in length with waist ties or corset lacing should work for you. Look for VM and Baby's longer cuts and invest in a few good underskirts. It'll take a bit of work, but it's far from impossible!

>> No.8429379

>>8429353
Thank you so much!! I've noticed most OPs seem to either fit me in the measurements and not the height or it'll be vice versa. I could always bind but then the height would still be a problem. I love being tall but man! I'll take your advice though, luckily I /love/ corset lacing in dresses.

>> No.8429398
File: 62 KB, 237x198, 1412034795558.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8428922
coscakes.. I feel bad naming her but it has been half a year and I'm just... this is the second cosplay I've been dicked out of. I can only hope everything will come together.

>> No.8429417

>feel like shit about my weight
>used to be 120lbs now 160

I feel like all of my coords are ruined because I'm so fat. I hate the way I look. I'm working on changing it, I'm eating 1200cal a day and trying to get active. I just hope I can lose it...

>> No.8429435

>>8429417
I bet you're beautiful anon and I'm sure you look great, I'd be your friend.

>> No.8429440

>>8429398
Top kek because she's been posting on 4chan

>> No.8429461

>tfw upping my bid on lacemarket in last 20 seconds
>tfw the site is slow af and i miss my dream dress
fuck everything

>tfw i now have money and nothing to spend it on

>> No.8429476

Happy Feels Time!

>Acquired first dream dress today
>I am in love
>super happy
>friends in comm and I are all gonna twin together
>for once, I am pleased

>> No.8429502
File: 525 KB, 2642x864, FLVSTX.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8423494
>>8423505

>> No.8429514

>>8429502
Anon
This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen

>> No.8429522

>>8427084
I agree with you, but heat in Vegas is very different than swimming in 100% humidity heat, coming from someone who has experienced both.

>> No.8429524

>>8429522
yep. Vegas is like inhaling dust and sadness while your skin shrivels up into a pile of hot death. Welcome to satans asshole.

>> No.8429528

>>8429522
I've heard about the heat in Vegas, I've never experienced it first hand, but my mom said it's like standing in front of an oven with the door open while it's on

>> No.8429533

>>8428850

Those are all pretty arrogant and not really romantic at all...

>> No.8429586

>>8429319
Hey I'm 32 and really enjoying classic sweet lolita (FYeah AP!) and I'd have to agree, it's the best time to start because by then you'd be in full time job and able to afford nice things. Geez I think 20 is way too premature to worry about looking/acting old, that's almost like hearing a 15yr whinging about not having any time left to find the love of their life (when I was 20, I was more concerned about Uni assignments and living on student loans half the minimum wage, never mind cute dresses even though I knew they were out there).

>> No.8429594

>>8428825
Try not to worry about being too old, just enjoy the fashion. A lot of sweet lolitas are older than you, your still young.

>> No.8430479
File: 512 KB, 400x192, imdone.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Mary Magdalene bolero came in the mail
>feels like a straight jacket

>> No.8430977

>>8428825
>>8429284
>>8429314
>>8429319
>>8429338

>see lolitas worrying about age
>mfw I'm only 22
>mfw I look like 12
>mfw I only like kuro/oldschool/gothic

feels good.

>> No.8430984

>>8430977
don't kid yourself, you probably look 32

>> No.8431002

>>8430977
Post pics.

Almost every lolita on here thinks they look 10 or more years younger. I can see maybe like 2-3 years younger and maybe 5 years younger. I still have yet to meet anyone who looks 10 or more years younger than their age.

>> No.8431018

>>8431002
I wish the 'oh I look younger' thing would just go away and people would just say, 'fuck age, frills till I die'. No lolita ever grew younger and it makes me sad to think of people giving up clothes they love just because they pass a certain age. Look at ElderGoths. They still rock their style. Why can't older lolitas become more like that?

>> No.8431028

>>8431018
I think it's mostly a sweet lolita thing becuase I don't see gothic or classic lolitas complain about age as much as sweet lolitas. Sweet lolita is more childlike, so they feel they actually have to look like childern to pull it off.

>> No.8431030

>>8424488
Sad poorfag is sad so is going to hate on girls who get to buy new dresses.
Do you realize how that sounds?
I don't look down on girls in second hand or TaoBao dresses but I sure don't like an attitude like yours in a friend. I'd choose the happy burando-chan over any Bitter Betty.
For the record, I have new and used things in a mix.

>> No.8431147

>>8430984
>>8431002
kek. not gona post pic since my community is very strict about cgl but I have maisie willams' face and my height is 5'

>> No.8431152

>mfw i lost almost 50 kg after ending up in the hospital for the major part of 2014
>mfw i have subsequently put at least 20 of those back on after coming home
>mfw i can't exercise properly because i can barely fucking walk as it is because >lol bedbound for half a year
>mfw i almost wasn't a fatty-chan for a brief, glorious moment
>mfw i will always be a fatty-chan
>mfw i have no face

>> No.8431179

>>8431147
I looked her up and she doesn't look young, she looks her age and older in some photos.
People will assume age from height more than face, so some people will think your young due to height. Even my 27 year old husband with a beard got mistaken for a 15 year old because he shorter than most guys.

>> No.8431196

>>8431179
Maisie Williams looks younger than her age though. Espacially without makeup.

>> No.8431214

>>8431196
If you say so, she looks like a typical 18 year old to me.

>> No.8431230

>>8431179
>>8431214
you seem biased and bitter anon. she plays an 12 yo girl in thrones and i've never seen anyone that think she is too old for the character. some people look younger. get over it

>> No.8431239

>>8431230
I just said I don't think she looks young, they get plenty of older people to play younger roles even if they don't look it all the time in Hollywood.
You soud upset becuae I don't think she looks young and you say you have a face like hers, maybe your upset that you aren't the underage looking kawaii princess you think you are.

>> No.8431262

>>8431239
That anon sounds delusional like most lolitas, I don't know why most lolitas in their 20's think they can still pass for 12.

>> No.8431268
File: 110 KB, 759x508, 1434377870545.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gone to country's biggest con with friend last two years in a row
>supposed to go again this year
>tells me he's already agreed to go with a bunch of obnoxious 18 year old faggots from Tumblr instead
>he has to travel from a different country to get here and will probably ask if he can crash at my place again even though he's not going with me
>will look spiteful if I say no

It's a shit feel. I had a cosplay idea lined up and he'd probably have no problem with me coming along with him, but I really don't want to hang around those idiots, and I definitely don't want to go alone. Oh well.

>> No.8431277

>>8431262
Or why they'd want to. I think people who have baby faces often age badly, out of proportion to their personalities. But I think sweet Lolitas should just be brave and stay with sweet if that is what they truly love. I'll never fault them for it. No one stays looking perfect though their lifetime and I'd rather be a frilly, stylish old lady than a frumpy old lady once I'm there. Misako says she hopes to always wear lolita.
I often think Sweet as a substyle would have stayed on top longer if more Sweeties had refused to give it up at 25 or 30.

>> No.8431285

>>8423512
What is cotton voile or fine gauze? Either are fine under JSK for summer blouses. In winter you can still wear them with a skirt because camisole under provides both coverage and warmth layer. You just have to get creative.

>> No.8431287

>>8431262
>>8431277
I think people tend to forget that outside of lolita, looking like you're 12 when you're 25 is...not exactly a good thing. At all.

>> No.8431321
File: 120 KB, 729x598, kawaii.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8431277
Too many lolitas are just obsessed with Japanese pop culture and the trend of adult women looking and acting like children because it's so "kawaii desu".

I'm not really into anime or Japanese pop culture, so that ideal when it comes to lolita hasn't influenced me.

>> No.8431332

>>8431239
i'm not the same anon? god how delusional are you. anyways i feel sad for you if you are this salty you probably look like my granny.

>> No.8431343

>>8431287
No one said that it is a good thing. I know the problems I face everyday... But it is a good thing in lolita. There is nothing wrong with anon (and me) feeling good about it.

>> No.8431386

Who cares? Really, this age thing is getting so annoying. Who cares if you look younger, older or just your age. All of us are going to age, die and then rot in the ground. Just have fun with the fashion while you can.

Seesh, lolitas are some of the most age obsessed people I have ever met.

>> No.8431453
File: 515 KB, 242x230, uglycry.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>went to AN '09 as weeb with other 14 year old weeb friends and one of their moms
>we're American going to a big Canadian con so double the excitement
>I meet a lot of new friends, particularly one who I became super close with, we talked about everything from animu and cosplay to hopes and dreams
>corny I know
>some things happen and we drifted apart and they deleted their Facebook and everything else, so they literally disappeared
>Forward 4 years after them disappearing, one day, an urge to reconnect came over me strongly
>It took a lot of searching but finally found them
>Send message on their new Facebook, just saying hi and thinking about them
>2 months pass and nothing happens, assume maybe it was just not meant to be
>Suddenly, get an excited message on Facebook
>We reconnect hardcore and get Skype back and everything
>It feels the same as the day we last talked

I know this is so corny, but I've had a real rough month because of my boyfriend wanting to take a break, but this so made my day. I'm on the verge of tears of joy.

>> No.8431462

>>8431453
awwwwww that sounds so great! I'm happy for you anon!

>> No.8431574

>>8431321
That shoop is fucking terrifying

>> No.8431603

>>8431386
>>8431386
Maybe it's because people say shitty things about age to even early 20's lolitas. Look at all the crap Milky Fawn got for her face lines. She's out of the fashion and still people had to keep on about it when that Pokemon film was released. It's enough to make anyone super-conscious of any sign of ageing or imperfection if they can't manage to develop a thick skin against it.

>> No.8431645
File: 978 KB, 245x234, 1388464190138.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>friday night
>making pug pictures to upload on instagram
haha well at least i just got a girlfriend who cosplays :')

>> No.8431646

>>8431603
This! So many young girls get called hag or made fun of because they don't look underage with perfect smooth skin free from a single line/wrinkle or they have face features that don't make them look like a child.

>> No.8431854

>fall in love with a print from Taobao shop at first sight
>makes it the background of my computer, iPad, prints it out to place on wall
>never felt this way before
>dutifully checking Lolita Updates for its release
>goes to a convention with lolita friends
>last minute changes mean I pay more than I expected for hotel, gas
>broke af
>print releases
>so beautiful and so reasonably priced
>begs to borrow money from parents and promises to pay back with next paycheck
>about to make purchase (skirt +accessories have been in my shopping cart in SpreeNow for 3 days waiting)
>preorder closes because of the amount of orders
>can't afford the fucking jacked up price that my-lolita-dress is selling it for
>trying not to cry
>failing

>> No.8431858

>>8431854
Put up a WTB and scan the auctions as soon as deliveries start coming in. Hopefully someone will let theirs go if it doesn't fit or they don't like it.

>> No.8431870

>>8431147
>I have maisie willams' face
This... this is not something to brag about.

>> No.8431883

I'm pretty sure I have a serious shopping addiction. I plan what I'm going to buy before each pay check and even pay for things a good five or so hours before my pay goes through really early in the morning as by the time the PayPal charge goes through, so will my pay. Out of about $265 pay a week, I leave maybe $50 left over after buying lolita stuff. When I used to have to pay rent and power I would still do it too. The bad thing is that I don't want to stop, although I would like to tone it down a bit. If I get a new job (pay will hopefully double), I know I'm going to blow that all too. It's really nice being able to buy the things I couldn't get when I got into lolita nine years ago though.

>> No.8431884

>>8429417
Eat more than 1200cal of good quality foods, focus on getting in lots of veges, and find a fun activity. Also, unless you're super short 160 ain't so bad and 40 isn't that much to lose if you're sensible about it. Don't try to crash diet too hard, just fix up your habits one at a time.

>> No.8431893

>>8431870
I laughed when she said that, I always felt her face look kinda deformed. Most GoT fans I know find her ugly, so I don't know why someone would want to have a face like hers.

>> No.8431896

>>8431870
Yeah that's pretty unfortunate.

>> No.8431897

>>8431858
I'll try that. I'm betting someone will sell theirs, I'm just sad and worried I won't find it reasonably priced in the color/size I want. Stuff from smaller taobao shops can be hard to find secondhand.

>> No.8431902

>>8431870
It's one of those faces where most people say, "Oh at least she looks...young" because that's about the only thing it has going for it. I think the only cute celeb that stayed cute when older is Björk. And again, not someone I'd want to look like.

>> No.8431906

>>8431897
I wish you luck, Anon. I keep an emergency fund because I've had to track down and over-pay for a couple myself. It sucks.

>> No.8431912

>>8431870
Yeah. She's a great actress, fun to watch, seems like a cool person too but there's no way she is conventionally attractive, and outside of the context of playing a kid on tv her face is uh...unfortunate. I don't even think it would be good for lolita necessarily

>> No.8431923

>>8431912
She may look somewhat younger than she is but there is no point in looking young if your ugly. If she was a lolita, I know most girls here would rip her apart for being too ugly.

>> No.8431958

>be ita noob me
>brandwhores are elitist scum desu!!1! offbrand is just as great
>the best lolitas arent the best dressed but the ones who have the most fun!!
>be nice and be genuine always!!
>fast fwd 4 years
>closet stuffed full of glorious burando and only the finest of taobao offbrand
>be total gossip whore mega-bitch
>be super vain
>more or less disconnected from my old friends as I fall into this pit of elitism
It's only been 4 years and I've become a fucking monster. I should really start working on my bitchiness, I feel like I've become the mean preppy girl in chick flicks that has to turn herself around.

>> No.8432079
File: 78 KB, 640x640, Maisie-Williams-Marriage-is-pointless-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8431870
lol, anon should not be proud to look like this

>> No.8432089

>wake up on a Saturday morning
>check Btb
>no secrets up yet

Someone post them please, I am craving for it with all the drama we have had last week.

>> No.8432105

>>8431030
lol I posted that forever ago. I am totally jelly, but I'm not hating on them for getting new dresses or having a large wardrobe. I just feel like they use their dress as a status symbol instead of a ~work of art~. Especially the new AP releases, such as celestial or even older prints like CDC. But it's their personal property, so I have no say.
I have bought dresses new before, but only one print and one non-print, both from Baby. If that puts some perspective on it. I just thought this might be a relatable feel.

>> No.8432106

>>8431958
I feel as though the ita/noobs are all projecting the existance of the "burando elitists" without knowing its themselves if they could ever afford the burando. Majority of Actual lolitas that do own a closet full of burando do not act elitist

>> No.8432119

>fall into the wrong crowd
>addicted to cocaine, opiates, all sorts of body-destroying wallet burning horrible stuff for years
>end up having drug-related nervous breakdown and go to rehab
>clean for a few months but struggling
>was a weeb early in high school and did some crap cosplays.
>reconnect with high school weeb friend because it's hard to find friends that aren't also drug addicts and being a recovering drug addict is very lonely
>friend is no longer a weeb and has developed into a well-seasoned lolita
>gets me into the fashion and into other jfashion
>cue self going through ita phase, discovering /cgl/, buying first brand, etc.
>2 years mostly-sober with a few hiccups and considering going back to school for fashion design because of how jfashion has helped me.

When you're a drug addict it's hard to fathom spending money on anything other than drugs. I forgot that I had hobbies, interests and talents and that fashion/beauty was one of them. I just needed a little nudge to find the jfashion community.

>> No.8432120

>>8432119
(part 2)

forgot to mention the bit where lolita also forced me to budget better and helped me fall out of the terrible spending habits I had as an active addict.

>> No.8432131
File: 294 KB, 583x414, 170dc8e8e6004b750b0fb9883ac0f148.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>friend is going to do her first cosplay in september
>its rose quartz
>no prior experience
>hasnt started
>is a poor student

oh god gulls im trying to help but i feel its going to be a disaster either way - just a little less of a disaster than if i dont help her

>> No.8432136

>>8432119
I'm happy for you, anon! And if you don't have a job/a direction I think going back to school is a good idea, even if it's just community college at first.

>> No.8432148

>>8432136
Thanks anon. I'm actually starting my core curriculum at a local community college, but during that I think I'm gonna look into some conversational Japanese or French classes so that after I knock out a few semesters in the US I can study abroad in one of those countries. Japan would be nice and I'd be surrounded by all the street fashion I love, but at the same time I've always wanted to study in France and I already know some French. Everything actually seems so feasible now that I'm sober.

>> No.8432162

>>8431958
So.
Just stop being a vain, gossipy bitch, enjoy your nice things, be happy. Is that so hard, really? Re-kindle old friendships that still might interest you, seek some new friends too.

>> No.8432253

>Small comn is looking like its about to split or at least take sides
>I dont want to choose sides but instead participate in as many meets as possible
>Respect the hell out of the long time side "A"ers and all the work they've done for the comm. They arent the friendliest bunch but when they say something they mean it.
>Side B is very fake friendly online (which i really dislike) and one member is especially thirsty for the Efame. Side B is the only side with online presence and its probably best that one does not cross them.
>secret meetup happening today.
>ive been invited.
> if i dont back out of it it might mean ive chosen sides if pictures surface
>backing out could also mean the other side is chosen

>> No.8432260 [DELETED] 

>look up future comm because moving
>all tall or giants and im also on the tall side so thats cool
>everyone with meh coording no one really shines brighter then the other
> everyone seems to be on the gothic and "bitter sweet" side
>my closet is a bit of everything so im fine with that
>still disappointed that they arent as great as my old comm coord wise with one shining star. I enjoyed being on the lower tier right above the seldom itas and fatty chans.
>ill have to try harder with coording/go a little OTT to make up for have to deal with speaking my non native tongue all the time.

>> No.8432264

>look up future comm because moving
>all tall or giants and im also on the tall side so thats cool
>everyone has boring/basic coording skills so no one really shines brighter then the other
> everyone seems to be on the gothic and "bitter sweet" side
>my closet is a bit of everything so im fine with that
>still disappointed that they arent as great as my old comm coord wise with one shining star. I enjoyed being on the lower middle tier because i dont do OTT and keep things minimal.
>ill have to try harder with coording/go a little OTT to make up for have to deal with speaking my non native tongue all the time.

>> No.8432266

>>8432131

Everyone's first cosplay sucked. Cut her some slack.

>> No.8432284

>trying to keep up with AM drama because its relevant to my area or at least was (hopefully)
>only on 2nd thread
>have been avoiding being online because its too much to read but i feel like i should be reading them

>> No.8432287

>>8432106
Finally someone who thinks the same. When I was new I was scared of doing anything wrong that might get a bad rap from Elitists, but when you just care about improving your coords and having fun, you become 'good' and don't see any Elitists. Why? Because they're a made up notion by Itas to excuse their incomplete/tacky coords.

>> No.8432337

>>8432079
personally I like her face.

>> No.8432460

>>8431870
I look like her (I cosplayed Arya Stark too) and I get compliments almost everyday... So, dunno?

>> No.8432496

>be a 5'10 girl
>buying a tall-friendly second hand dress
>checks measurements just in case
>mfw last late puberty stretch
>be 6'
>cry a lot

>> No.8432503

>>8432496
Oh god anon same.

>be 180 cm
>stopped growing mid-teens
>check again years later
>184 cm

It's only a few cm difference but it explains why dresses that barely covered my butt stopped covering my butt.

>> No.8432506

>>8432503
Hot

>> No.8432531

>>8432503
My big sis even said "don't be silly, we grow till we're 25".
I'm 23 and praying that my body FUCKING BEHAVES TILL THEN

>> No.8432543

>>8432496
>>8432503
Tall grills are best grills

>> No.8432544

>>8432531
Only if it was true... I'm same height since I'm 14.
>mfw now 23
>mfw 150 cm

>> No.8432567
File: 151 KB, 300x313, 1434582276055.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Its always the same routine
>plan cosplay
>no money
>actually get money
>"do I REALLY want to do this cosplay though.."
>have money
>have options
>fuck it I won't do anything

>> No.8432609

>>8432460
Well there will be some that find her pretty even when most find her ugly, I think she was even considered too ugly for tv/Hollywood at one point.

She isn't hideous but she is not conventionally attractive.

>> No.8432612

>>8432567
so then, you should have a lot of money saved up.

>> No.8432639

>sees sales post
>"PAYPAL FEES INCLUDED"
>nopes out of there (if it's not a dream dress)
>(FUCK YOU YOU TYPES DON'T EVEN TRY TO HIDE THAT YOU'RE BLATANTLY BREAKING RULES FOR PROFIT)

>> No.8432640

>>8432609
I agree, she is not conventionally beautiful but she is qt. I'd personally prefer cute over beautiful any day.

>> No.8432809

>>8432639
I normally say it just to stop people asking but I don't tend to charge them. It's easier than dealing with all the comments

>> No.8433013

>>8432544
Are you me?

>> No.8433019

>>8432639
am I missing something?
Paypal fees included = I'm not going to charge you a separate paypal fee, AKA this is what you are supposed to do.

Paypal fees not included = I'm going to charge you a separate fee, aka against the rules.

>> No.8433078

>fatpeoplehate got banned
>starting to slowly feel the hatred seep back into everyday life
>hating my comm more and more

>> No.8433344

>>8432253

It'd be a shame if you were to catch a cold and not be able to make it.

>> No.8433351

>>8433019
you're right. the other anon has it backwards.

having the fees included in the price means no surprise fees when you get the invoice.

>> No.8433426
File: 49 KB, 400x357, tumblr_norrq5b2RK1rl6z4wo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw last ax i had absolutely no one to really hang out with/had a whatever time
>decide to give up cons because i'm a friendless loser

>tfw long-time east coast friend tells me shes coming to ax
>suddenly reconnect with old hs friend who got into cosplay with me
>suddenly get a bunch of messages from ppl who I thought were annoyed with me/didn't like me ask me to hang out at ax
>didn't buy a badge and i have stuff to do sat and sun
>now have to ghost and try and meet people like i promised

Well I guess I'll bring flats so I can run around. QwQ

>> No.8433563
File: 222 KB, 1134x951, 1388378188300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>friend with beta nerds
>going to anime con together
>orbiter friends never leave me alone
>Other men stay away from me
I cosplay in anime con to meet new people, not hang with these losers.

>> No.8433580
File: 144 KB, 1024x1024, skrillex does lolita.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8433078
>fatpeoplehate got banned
Good, the sub was pathetic and it was full of a bunch of average, boring, poorly-dressed people comparing themselves to bottom-of-the-barrel fattie uggos in order to feel slightly better about their mediocrity.

Pic related. Had a few good keks about this psycho ita bitch before she bawwwleeted her reddit account when her big "IM DA BEST RORI LOLI" got posted here.

>> No.8433652

>>8433580
which one, the left or the right one?

>> No.8433962

> Favorite characters are all tall lanky characters
> Majority of them are pretty damn masculine too
> Is 5'3" girl with chub
> Stubby legs

Sighs

>>8433652
iirc left was the psycho reddit girl

>> No.8433991

>>8423155
I just want to say despite you guys being catty cunts sometimes, you're still so helpful and I love you. This board is more amazing than you think, it's filled with majority of women and isn't shit like r9k. R9k does cross and weird shit while the women here are so pretty and dress so beautifully. How there is no shit posting (Very little) and you guys ignore and detect trolls so fast. Women are the master gender, I'm crying and really high.

>> No.8434036

>finally got the matching headbow for one of my baby pieces
>it's coming from france
>supposed to arrive within a week
>but now it's three weeks
>poor seller is so nice about it
>but I know it's totally lost in the mail and now some fuckwit is wearing my bow not knowing it's part of a set
>cry

I always have the worse fucking luck when it comes to head pieces. To find out and have it get lost in the mail is fucking SHIT

>> No.8434039

>>8433580
wait what? Links/caps please

>> No.8434040

>>8433580
I think that was a different subreddit. You're thinking of fatshion vs fitshion.
Fatpeoplehate was people talking about annoying fat people.

>> No.8434046

>>8432639
do you perhaps mean NOT included?

>> No.8434202

>>8434040
No, she posted to that sub. And anorexic psycho girl isn't fit.

>>8433652
Left.

>>8434039
There's a thread on the cow farm that might have some.

>> No.8434210

>>8434040
>Fatpeoplehate was people talking about annoying fat people

FPH wasn't just 'annoying' fat people. They posted every single fat person they could find. The reason they got banned was because members were actively harassing people posted on the sub and the incident that made it all too much, was them harassing imgur staff. The rules might have said that they can't harass but it was obvious the mods didn't do shit to enforce that rule.

I'll never understand why people defend that sub.

>> No.8434211

>>8434210
Because of muh freedom of speech I'm guessing

>> No.8434219

>>8434211
Seems more like that most people that actively used that sub somehow feel justified to openly hate on everyone even remotely fat.

My favorite ones are those that justify it with "But if we harass/shame them they'll want to lose weight!!" since that only works for a small percentage of people. Most people will just feel like shit.

>> No.8434221

>>8434202
Im on lolcow atm but what's her name?

>> No.8434255

>>8433426
I ghost at every con in my state, anon, it's okay. Try to have fun!

(The reason I ghost is because people running cons in my state are dickwipes, but I won't get into that.)

>> No.8434268

>>8434036
unless it was the fastest shipping method it takes while. Everytime I order or buy anything from anywhere in Europe except the UK it always takes about a month to arrive.

>> No.8434305

>>8434219
>"But if we harass/shame them they'll want to lose weight!!"
Yeah, I'm >>8433078 and even I scoffed at that bullshit. It was just a place to hate fat people and trying to somehow turn that into an altruistic thing is nonsense.

>> No.8434311

>>8434268
Yeah it was the fastest one, was only supposed to take one week to arrive.

I don't usually buy stuff from europe so... hope it's what you say

>> No.8434331
File: 30 KB, 331x445, FrUJd2vMGafFSi8-UqPR-D8gw58mD-PZkxSr9tBOlNnYmnyxbHka_iYUah1ZaIhPlt9TAb4INda2EwG0wYdVC1GO-MRTEPA9hajk75qDBfvasxhP=w331-h445-nc..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I fucked up
>browsing auctions, really tired
>find wish list dress at good price in prefered colourway
>place bid, in sleep deprivation forget the BIN, which is also a reasonable 11,800Yen. Literally placed a max bid 200 under this.
>I even bought the matching necklace
Fuck
How did I even

>> No.8434349

>Lolitas at comm keep going to local con
>Only activity in con is cos-famous people invited
>Expensive ticket
>Rather buy burando
>Gurl tries to convince me by claiming they would accept my weirdness -literally
>Keep finding awfully boring videos of con
>I feel like I don't belong to my comm cuz I don't like cons.

>> No.8434370

>>8431902
Kylie Minogue is cute

>> No.8434372

>>8434370
Not really, she is pretty though

>> No.8434374

>>8424526
I agree with you,anon. Though there's one girl in my comm that buys the newest releases,wears them once and then shoves them in her closet. Says it's dumb to wear the same things over and over and that she needs a new coord for every meet she attends(No one should see her in the same outfit twice apparently), that I don't understand

>> No.8434382

>>8434374
if you're rich enough and have a wardrobe big enough to house a new dress for every meet, why wouldn't you do it?

>> No.8434389

>tfw no /fit bf

>> No.8434391

>>8434382
I would but I wouldn't look down on those that don't like she does. I would feel differently if it wasn't "x-chan's wearing the same jsk 2 meets in a row, what a fucking cunt"

>> No.8434431

>>8423155
I think I fucked up.

I over shared on the feels thread about how much I adore my friend and too much of a coincidence, I feel as if she's distancing herself from me. Miss her loads, like my chest hurts when you miss someone you really like. Dunno if I freaked her out or scared her off? Or if her life really has gotten busier. I feel miserable. Thinking off shutting down social media and going off the grid. I hate feeling like a needy head case, but I'm not sure what I've done to deserve this?

>> No.8434594

>>8434431
Holy shit stop being such a beta pussy and man the fuck up. If you act like how you type no wonder people distance themselves from you.

Leave her alone, stop being a faggot.

>> No.8434621
File: 23 KB, 500x375, 1426456948159.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8434221
Her real name is Natasha Burgard. You can find her on facebook. For being a little cunt she appears to have friends.

This used to be her reddit but she deleted it. >http://www.reddit.com/user/Lokillian
I can't remember if I took any caps of her posts, but there was so much batshit to her that it would have taken me an entire day to compile it all. TL;DR
>mediocre cosplayer
>claimed she was anorexic/bipolar
>gave really bad online shopping advice
>said she had a "doctor bf" and that she was a veterinarian but posts indicated she lived at home with her parents
>despite having clear emotional issues she bragged about her daddy taking her to gun ranges
>lots of shitposts about her hating fatties and being better than them in every single way
>friends with fatties irl but probably shit talks them behind their backs

Apparently she's from Florida, so that explains the crazy. She was smart enough to delete fucking everything so after she discovered the thread about herself on kekcow so her lulz trail went cold.

>> No.8434689
File: 26 KB, 320x240, disappointed grape koolaid trio.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Was planning on moving into a place with some friends, hadn't been by to check it out but I wasn't worried
>Dropped by to check out the space
>Holy fucking shit it's a wreck beyond wrecks
>Terrified I'd be trapped in a hoarder's nightmare
>Like, even if they clean it up I'm sure it'll just lapse back into what it was before
>Looking for other places while trying to think up a way to tell my buddy that I'm uncomfortable with how disgusting his place is
>Finding an apartment building in my budget that I would still have the space to make props in is surprisingly fucking difficult

Feels bad man

>> No.8434724

>>8423505
Dusting powder. That's what old ladies use, you can get mentholated too so that it's slightly cooling.

>> No.8434732

>>8428609
I always figured it was because you can't really run around and be super active in lolita so it attracts people who spend a lot of time indoors because we're always sick.

>> No.8434737

>>8431179
I don't know. It could be how you carry yourself too, I'm a 5 foot 9, 21 year old woman and people tend to think I'm sixteen for some reason.

>> No.8434769

>>8434374
I won't wear the same dress twice in one year to an event in the same comm. I'm in 2 comms so I wear each of my brand print dresses maybe 3-4x each per year since I wear them outside of meets sometimes. But yeah, new dresses are fun and some of us don't take it so seriously and we just love new prints to coordinate and like trends, variety etc. It's just like any fashion but with the advantage that lolita dresses don't go stale like last year's trends in regular fashion. Doesn't mean we don't enjoy all our dresses 'properly'. I think of my lolita hobby as a growing collection and yes I have a dedicated double closet. I'll probably re-evaluate at ~50 main pieces but until then I'll just buy what I like and enjoy it.

I don't look down on anyone who has less but I also really don't like it if they start griping about how others choose to enjoy the hobby.

>> No.8434800

>>8434594
What's a beta pussy?

>> No.8434830

>>8434594
This is a feels thread right? I'm not a dude. So just cos a girl is fond of a girl and miss her worried that she's avoiding me is faggot-like behaviour?
I take it you're one of those ppl incapable of putting anyone on a pedal stool? Lame.

>> No.8434848

>>8434830
>pedal stool

>> No.8434875

>>8434848
And?

>> No.8434940

>>8434875
It's "pedestal", putting anyone on there is not a good thing, in this context beta pussy faggot is a gender neutral term, and yes you are being one.

But it's okay because it's a feels thread

>> No.8434953

>>8434875
Kek

>> No.8434957

>>8434621
But anon, according to her and most of FPH all of that doesn't matter as long as she isn't fat.

Really tho, I saw some caps before and boy she's a cunt.

>> No.8434988

>tfw you buy everything in advance
>con is 2 weeks away
>items still haven't been shipped out yet
I don't want to annoy my SS but I have nothing else to wear to this damn con.

>> No.8435003
File: 16 KB, 283x253, 416w4aS5vIL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My boyfriend is really self conscious about his skin because he had really bad acne as a teenager and has a lot of scarring. I want to buy him a nice skin set, but could it be seen as me saying he has shitty skin? I don't want to hurt his feelings but I think he'd really like pampering his face.

>> No.8435129

Due to a big move, I have to save for the next half a year. I've been buying clothes / lolita because it cheers me up, and I've been pretty down lately.

Any tips for beating a shopping habit?

Also, to help me keep perspective, what is considered and average wardrobe size? (normal+lolita)

>> No.8435159
File: 487 KB, 375x225, 2Mpx1KP.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>3 months ago
>want to make a tv head to wear to comic con even though tumblr has done it to shit
>step dad who's insanely crafty tells me to leave it up to him
>tells me he'll even make it with a working screen
>get excited
>fast forward to now
>comic con is in about two weeks
>he's making it from scratch instead of getting a tv and gutting it so he can make it look unique
>he hasn't even started it
>warns me it might look a bit ghetto
>goes on about how it would have been easier if he just got a tv
>mfw i don't even have a backup cosplay

>> No.8435160

>>8428474
That's so me. I also hate when they shove the racist stuff like "omg this thief was caught by the police just because he's black!!! #Racism!!" crap.
Ffs, if you break the law, there are consequences. No skin tone involved.

>> No.8435182

>>8435129
I have 25 main pieces and I conspire mine just ok. Not tiny but under average.
But if I was saving to move, I'd quit buying at all. I've almost always had some unforeseen expensive surprise happen in my moves. The one time I didnt, the extra $ after was nice.

>> No.8435185

>>8434988
If the SS is within their time limit, I wouldn't bug them. 2 weeks is cutting it way to close for dependable mail order. Next time, order more in advance or don't plan to wear something until it's in your closet.

>> No.8435212

>>8435185
I did buy it all in advance, I said in my post. The SS just hasn't posted it out yet. She's busy so I won't bug her, but I'm still frustrated.

>> No.8435218

>>8435182
I only have 19, and I'm lucky enough to be able to wear casual in my daily life.

The move is only for rented, and I'm not in any financial difficulty, but it's a good excuse to take a break.

>> No.8435407

>>8427878
Iktf. I've recently bought a couple of cutsews and blouses, but even the elasticized sleeves are tight on me. I'm not having much luck with normalfag fast fashion either. I'm not even bulking.

>> No.8435427
File: 152 KB, 700x467, sad puppy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm basically lesbian but never really been in a solid relationship with a girl. My former best friend in high school wanted me just because I was a girl and was a raging lesbian I later learned. I just didn't like her back. She advanced on me against my will and completely ruined my trust in specifically other lesbians. My best friends at the time were a poly lesbian couple too and tried to make it look like I cheated on them. They actually groped me at this one con just to rile up my friend and start drama.
Now? They're literally now all together, I think in some poly clusterfuck, and hate me for some reason on top of it. From what I hear from some other friends, I think they actually tricked themselves into thinking they were the victim since I cut them off for all that. They refuse to acknowledge my existence in any way or apologize when honestly all I ever wanted originally was for us to be friends together.

They were cosplayers, so I escaped into lolita almost immediately afterwards. They thankfully do not care for the fashion and have no idea I'm in it.

tl;dr, I just want to have good, non-dramatic relationships with girls again after going through rapey, backstabbing lesbian hell. I'm optimistic, so I'm sure things will be fine, but I've lost a lot of hope in finding just a girl that'll be close to me again.

>> No.8435434

>>8433991
This is so cute to me for some reason

>> No.8435537

>>8435003
Buying skin care products, in my opinion, is a very personal process. Unless he tells you what he wants you shouldn't buy anything for him. Firstly because you may not know his specific skin needs. And second it might come off as a back handed insult even if you didn't intend it to be. I recommend you opening up a diolog with him and tell him you were thinking of getting him a present and ask if he wanted anything specifically for manscaping.

>> No.8435558
File: 29 KB, 500x375, 1429328607195.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8434621
>Florida

Every time. Man I hate this stupid penis state

>> No.8435588

>>8435427
That sucks anon, I hope things start looking up. Those pieces of garbage really don't deserve you checking up on them, fuck em, let them be horrible people all on their own without you getting shit on.

Really though, as a lesbian myself, I'm warning you that it's going to be hard. I guess it comes naturally to some people, but for spaghetti wielders and the timid, no suck luck.
Other women just don't take the first steps, being a les for me has really just been about stumbling around in the dark hoping the tits I just grabbed wanted it that way, and that the sultry banter I wasted on a straight girl isn't going to make shit awkward with her at a really inopportune time.

>> No.8435627

>>8435537
Thanks anon, that's kind of what I thought.

>> No.8435653

>>8434689
>the space to make props

I make shit in a tiny ass studio apartment. What are you making? A fucking mech?

>> No.8435697
File: 121 KB, 249x259, 1433824702932.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone else ever wish they got into cosplay when they were younger?

I see all these 14 year olds with amazing cosplays and it's astounding.. I never had the means to cosplay or go to cons when I was their age and it makes me so envious since I always wanted to back then. It also sucks since my potential to cosplay younger characters has passed with my youth, I'm so jealous of all the fun these kids are having.
>I'm not even 20

>> No.8435713

>>8435697
I'm older than 20 and I feel a bit like this in my lolita life, Anon so I get this. I had to just decide to jump in and do it and look at the present and the future before any more time passed me by. It helped to follow some people who are older than i am and still rocking the frills. I believe I t's never too late, but also sometimes you just have to adjust your expectations.

>> No.8435721

>>8435713
same here. But I'm glad I started later (22) because I have the money to actually afford brand, rather than begging my parents for shitty milanoo.

>> No.8435792

>>8435003
As someone with super shitty skin and a boyfriend who still calls me beautiful, I'd be touched if he thought to get me some super cool skin stuff. As long as your boy knows you don't think he's unattractive, I think he'd appreciate it.

>> No.8435804

>>8435003
>>8435792

Seconding this anon. Ive had skin conditions all my life too, if my SO got me something like that I'd love it.

>> No.8435927

>>8435653

I regularly do commissions for pointlessly large JRPG weapons and I like to keep the sawdust/foam/paint etc out of my living space but I'm too much of an anxious shut in to just run a drop cord for my power tools out to the carport.

>> No.8435942

>>8423515
Dude
I would be all over that shit
Message them!

>> No.8436219
File: 929 KB, 264x320, fG9NYRN.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>trying to get more into cosplay photography
>all the regulars in the photog scene have $1000+ full frame cameras and $1000+ lenses
>have a shitty $400 crop sensor camera and a $100 lens
>tfw no matter how much I work on my framing and composition, I'll always feel like I'm handicapped because I'm a poorfag with entry level gear

>> No.8436229

>>8436219
>entry level gear
so tired of this meme
yeah, their camera may have more capabilities but using a crop sensor rebel doesn't make your photos entry-level, YOU make your photos entry-level.
I manage just fine with my ancient, ancient Rebel (450D, at that) but even this camera has more capabilities than what some professionals of yore had used.
Just practise, invest in (hate that term because it's so overused, but it rings true in this case) a a few good lenses (or 'glass', if you want to be a faggot) and git gud at post-processing. Also, reading histograms and EXIF data can be useful but PLEASE don't let that rule over you. I know some people who restrict themselves and toss perfectly good photos because their Aperture/ISO/sspeed wasn't 'correct' and end up keeping terrible photos whose only saving grace is 'correct' specs. Don't be that guy, that's retarded.

>> No.8436248

>>8436229
Not that person but can you explain what exactly is the difference between a $1000 lens and some 18-55mm lens you get with your camera. Specifically in the context of taking full body pics of people standing still in good light?

>> No.8436403

>fucking cosplay contest
>i'm not gonna enter since i can't win anyway
>expecting drama queen friend to win it
>drama queen friend doesn't win kek
>kawaii princess uguu friend wins oh fuck

>and i'm sitting here masturbating
>like a total failure

>> No.8436421

>>8436248
Kit lenses tend to be (but are not always) of poorer build, not as sharp and the colours of images taken with them not as vivid. Of course I can't speak for all kit lenses but that rings true for the ones I've used. More expensive lenses sometimes even have some secondary features like a better image stabiliser or autofocus but the kit lens I've got does both of those quite well.

It's not impossible to take good photos with kit lenses at all! They're very versatile. Just like camera bodies themselves, you can totally take great photos with a kit lens and you should most definitely practise with them first. It's just harder to get the results you want than it would be with a better lens, and the images tend to look 'nice' rather than 'impressive'.

>> No.8436436
File: 10 KB, 171x185, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you get more likes than any other cosplayer on the con fb page

>> No.8436440

>>8436403
I don't enter cosplay contests since I'm shy and reclusive as hell and I see nothing good from them on my feed. You're not missing anything unless you want cheap, local e-fame.

Masturbate good, anon.

>> No.8436448

>get Flash professional, trail because I only need it two weeks to complete a project
>it gives weird straight lines with tablet
>check online, tons of people have this issue
>there's no specific solution

I can't believe adobe is asking people to pay monthly for a product where one of it's most essential advantages is broken. I need to finish this within 2 weeks or else I'll get a delay and I'll miss the con I've been looking out for all year.

Don't ruin this for me adobe.

>> No.8436484

>>8436440
I know I know... Contests are like spawn points for drama but... I'd love to have some e-fame you know? I started cosplaying at the same time with these guys. Now they are all e famous and professional cosplayers and I'am... I feel lacking.

>> No.8436496

>Post stuff in help and coord help thread
>Have never been helped
>Ijustneedtoknowwhatbrandshavewarmbrownaccesories

>> No.8436896
File: 15 KB, 196x240, Yotsuba_m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/cgl/ related
>going to expensive art school starting later this year
>parents can pay for most of it
>but
>i still have to pull together $10,000 a year myself to be able to afford it
>won't be able to afford new lolita, jfash, or even normie clothes for the next four years
>im new to lolita and my wardrobe is tiny
>no money to build my wardrobe
and not /cgl/ related
>desperately trying to make some money before college starts because of the $10,000 thing
>end up applying to hot topic

>> No.8436899

>>8436496
Go to Lolibrary. Advanced search > color > brown. It will show you brown pieces that likely will have matching brown accessories.

>> No.8436910

>>8436896
Student loans, bruh. I know it sucks to take them out but if it's your dream they're better than totally struggling for the entirety of what should be an enjoyable experience.
I qualified for 8k a year even with my parents covering the rest of my tuition, shouldn't be too hard to pull in that amount anon (and 2k/yr can certainly be covered via work study)

>> No.8436978
File: 533 KB, 500x280, 1429792859727.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Grandma has Alzheimer's
>getting worse fast
>only relative who supported my frills
>used to fawn over my dresses, talk about the pettis she owned when she was young
>would give me sweet if outdated beauty advice
>now she can't be alone
>stay with her over weekend while Grandpa is in hospital
>wear lolita because she always loved it on me
>asks me four times in first hour what I am wearing
>each time, she tells same anecdote about borrowing her sister's petti for a dance in highschool
>breaking my heart that she can't remember what happened five minutes ago
>manage through first day with her asking where Grandpa is all the time, asking what I am wearing, asking about dead relatives as if they are not dead
>including an aunt who died before I was born
>can't tell her her own daughter is dead, make up bullshit stories instead
>change out of lolita to have one less repeated question to answer
>"Anon why don't you wear your nice dresses anymore? Gettin' too old, huh?"
>she laughs like she made the greatest joke ever
>repeats it a few minutes later

>that night
>help her to bed
>curl up on couch in PJs, fall asleep watching TV
>Grandma wakes me up
>"Amom. Amom. I cam't buy my peep."
>groggy, realize she's lost her teeth
>it's 3am
>I helped her put them in their container in the bathroom hours ago
>they're not there
>she thinks someone stole them
>try to keep her calm, tell her no one would steal her teeth
>30 mins later, find them under the bed behind a lockbox
>she hid them so no one would steal them
>put them back in bathroom
>put her back to bed
>she calls me by her sister's name when she says goodnight
>the one whose petticoat she borrowed for the dance
>heart shattered, go back to couch and cry myself to sleep

It's like watching her soul drain away a little more each day.

>> No.8436988
File: 45 KB, 540x540, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>got out of the hospital
>had to gain an assload of weight
>can't lose anymore weight or they'll force me back in there
>be a fatty mcfatass since then
>can't wear most J-fashion clothes anymore
>Drs warn me if I yo yo my weight I may have a heart attack

>> No.8437005

>>8436988
why were you in the hospital?

>> No.8437017

>>8436978
Oh anon, I am so sorry! I went myself through something similar and it is so terribly sad. I never got used to see my grand-mother losing her mind to dementia. The worst moments were those where she has tiny moments of clarity before she dissipated again into the fog of her mind.

Stay strong.

>> No.8437019

>>8436978
Now that's a feel if I ever did feel.

>> No.8437021

>>8437005
eating disorder and PTSD.

>> No.8437027

>>8437021
I'm going out on a limb and say you probably aren't as fat (or at all) as you think.

>> No.8437040

>>8437017
>>8437019

Thanks anons ;_;

>> No.8437603
File: 997 KB, 500x413, tumblr_mqfct4a80P1qgmv1oo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>grow up with basically no extended family
>not close with sister
>my Nana is my best friend
>hangout with her everyday after school until I'm 16
>because of family issues do not see her for one year
>she falls ill and dementia starts to take over her mind
>she starts to forget things but she always remembers who I am
>its been years now but its felt like forever since we have had a talk where she has been "present"
>get a call from my Dad that she may die this month
>call two hours ago that she died
>I'm writing this on the train and I'm trying not to cry like a big baby
>train ride is another 4 hours
>going to sell most expensive lolita dress for the flight back home

I just want my Nana gulls. Sorry that this isn't super lolita related. If it makes a difference she always thought my dresses were cute.

>> No.8437662

>>8435129
Keep track of your expenses with a spreadsheet maybe additionally indicating if and how often you've worn something.

>> No.8437740

>>8437603
I'm sorry dear. Have a safe trip.

>> No.8437962

>>8432079
Her face is very modelesque. You have no idea what are you talking about.

>> No.8437978

>>8436978
Oh, anon. I'm so sorry. It sounds awful, but her time is definitely close when they begin acting this way. She'll be at peace soon and she won't have to live with a tormented mind stuck in her past.

You're doing a great thing taking care of her. I know I don't think I could do that. Sending you some kind of ~lolita good vibes~ your way. I wish you and your family the very best. Always remember that she loves you.

>> No.8437979

>>8437603
I'm so, so sorry anon. You sound like you were a wonderful granddaughter, especially since she always remembered who you were. With dementia, that sort of thing becomes really difficult, so you must have meant the world to her. Try to think of all the happy, positive memories you have of hanging out with her.

>> No.8437980

>be me in high school
>42 kilograms
>start college
>after 4 years, 52 kilograms, what the actual fuck?
>start diet
>two weeks later, 48 kilograms

Happy because I'm gonna be kawaii again!

>> No.8438007
File: 38 KB, 500x371, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to start wearing jfash in daily life
>barely have a grip on normie fashion
>terrified of looking like an ita
>tfw you will always be an ugly frumpy duckling
>tfw the stars will never shine bright
>tfw you will never be kawaii

>> No.8438048

>>8438007
post in coord help threads here with your face or eyes censored. (or create a Jfashion Help Thread.) mention you are a noob, that you are unsure if your outfit works, and that you want honest feedback.

take suggestions with a grain of salt, try to improve, and come back much later with a before and after for us to evaluate.

>> No.8438065

>>8436978
I very much know how you feel, my grandpa struggles with this and he's getting worse by the day. I know it's hard but try to keep a brave face and live day by day with her. She'll confuse things and I found that it's better to not correct them because it makes them aware how badly they've forgotten things. Just try to think of happy thoughts and times with her and try to not cry.

>>8437603
Oh god sweetie, I know this is gonna be hard for you but you can do this. You'll be okay, don't worry. It's gonna hurt a lot but after a while it's going to get better, I promise you.

>> No.8438066

>>8437980
damn anon teach me your ways. I was 45kg in november, went to japan, gained so much weight and I havne't been able to put it off. Doesn't help that I sit in front of a computer all day for work

>finally have money for work
>but get too fat for lolita
>fml

>> No.8438085

>buy my first actual piece of brand
>atelier Boz vest
>start to get excited
>shows up
>I fucked up sizing and it's not CLOSE to fitting
>buttons won't even close
>no time to get replacement before con

More upset than I thought I'd be. At least if I held it closed I was able to look handsome in a few pictures. Sigh.

>> No.8438184

>>8434389
>tfw no lolita gf

Is /fit/ really /cgl/'s first choice? You'd think that since you guys are into clothing and a sort of fashion thing, that you would like guys from /fa/?

>> No.8438194

>>8438184
>/fa/
>having any sort of fashion sense
You're so funny, anon, I had a good giggle.

>> No.8438216

>>8438066

how in the everloving fuck did you manage to gain weight in Japan?

>> No.8438227

>>8438216
Have you ever been to Japan?
We're not equipped for their high-carb rice meals, people usually grab stuff from familiar restaurants (McDonalds, KFC, 7/11 etc) and even if you do go to a 'restaurant' in Japan, it's usually just... Fried chicken and rice, or curry with little vegetables on even more rice. That is, assuming you spend time shopping.

Basically lots of high-carb dishes (rice, noodles, bread) and familiar food leave you fat.
>so fat that Japan now charges people rent by their weight and because of that landlords give them free snacks

>> No.8438243

>>8438216
I was living with my host family and they kept on feeding me and taking me to these disgustingly adorable cafes to eat all these sweets and urgh. My host sister and I have horrible sweet tooth(teeth?) so we went and explored every sweet/candy that Ginza had + nearly every crepe store in harajuku.

And by so much weight I mean 5 kgs. I was there for over two months so...

>> No.8438394

>>8438194
what? why not?

>> No.8438404

I feel like my reputation has been ruined by a girl with a grudge against me. When we were friends she 'd always tell mean lies about people she disliked, so I was sort of expecting this.

The thing is, I thought I was safe. I'd met a bunch of new friends at a meet, and naively assumed that they would have a chance to get to know me even if this girl did show up later. Well, she did show up later - it turns out these people were all on good terms with her already, in fact, so much so that they effectively replaced me with her in the group. I am certain she only became interested in the group after she saw I was part of it, and now I notice that the new friends I met aren't being so friendly - I never get invited to meets any more, and most of them have unfollowed me on social media. The other week they all posted pictures of a meet they told me had been cancelled.

I feel utterly humiliated. I really thought I'd be able to make a new start, but it seems as though this girl and her malicious rumours will follow me everywhere. I know what I did to offend her - I stopped hanging on her every word after I discovered the horrible things she told me about people were lies. I never even called her out on it, I just quietly stopped being friendly with her and when she became angry about that, I just said that I wanted to avoid her from then on.

I understand that I've offended her, but this was three years ago. Is it even possible to hold such a petty grudge for so long?

To be clear, I know for certain that she's been spreading rumours about me: two mutual friends have confirmed it on seperate occasions.

Is there anything I can do about this? I feel like calling her out will masked me seem like the bad guy, but ignoring her just means she'll keep getting away with trashing my reputation.

I'm sorry for the rant, I just really needed to get this off my chest.

>> No.8438532

>>8438216
Living with a host family they REALLY give you large portion sizes... And with my family it was super rude to leave food, even if you're full. So either I would until I felt like I was going to die or piss them off for being wasteful. Another host family I'm with though are a lot more relaxed but it's now ingrained that any food not eaten is wasted so I try and eat as much as I can. As soon as I move out (tomorrow) I'm going to be living like a student.

>> No.8438713

>>8438404
That's a sucky situation anon. I was in a somewhat similar situation my senior year of high school. Essentially my "best friend" ended our friendship when I didn't vote for her for captain of the cheer squad (even though the coach told everyone to vote logically and not for friends). I ended up getting co-captain and the entire school year she was bitter towards me. Even though I immediately apologized and tried numerous times to fix our friendship she eventually turned my entire cheer group against me and I graduated without any friends on the squad. I had outside friends but it hurt going into cheer with no friends, making many friends over the course of 4 years, and leaving cheer with no friends.

I've wanted to confront her and tell her how much she bullied me but we haven't talked since graduation (4 years) so there's no reason. She's now a stay at home mom married to a marine and still living off her parents while I'm going to school for a good career and have a bright future ahead. I say just ignore her unless she confronts you and let karma do its work. Live your life and do what makes you happy. If you end up doing better than her then you'll be even happier.

>> No.8438729

>>8438227
>Japan now charges people rent by their weight
Oh man that's a great idea. America should do that. Lose weight or lose money.

>landlords give them free snacks
Those sneaky bastards.

>> No.8439270

>>8438066
I just cut bread, sweets and fried food. Also I'm not really into sports bu I started taking some walk at evenings. You too can do it anon!

>> No.8440232

>>8435427
That's awful, I'm sorry you had to go through that :c
(We aren't all psycho, though!)

>> No.8440455

I am 100% done with my current job.
I keep requesting days off for lolita stuff, a month+ in advance, and my boss just ignores me.
I'm especially pissed because this time the necessary switch would benefit my coworker too because she has said over and over again that she can not work on the day I would be covering for her.
Like seriously, what the fuck?
I just wan to go to fucking meetups why is it so hard for me to have one Saturday off a month, you bitch? I have not had one off since march can you chill the fuck out, it is summer we are dead there is no reason you can't accommodate my 1 request a month, we have plenty of coverage.

>> No.8441483

>>8438713
Thanks anon. I'm sorry that happened to you, it really sucks :(

You're right though, confronting her won't solve anything. At least by ignoring her I can continue to be nice to these people and hopefully they'll see that those rumours can't possibly be true.

>> No.8441486

>>8440455
If you've agreed the switch with your coworker, just switch. Your boss is ignoring you, so that must mean she wants you to sort things out for yourself.

If she gives you flak about it just tell her it was an honest mistake and you assumed she didn't care because she ignored your emails.

>> No.8442374

I bought literally the last blouse they had in stock of my dream blouse.

>> No.8442549

>>8438216
Have you watched like any kawaii blogger on youtube? Most of their breakfast/meals are bread from convenient stores.
While japan can be good for super picky eaters to lose weight while studying there i knew a few people who ballooned up because amazing bakeries and pastries. (Their chocolates on the other hand....) They also have weird sandwiches like mash potato katsu or "veggie sand" which is mostly mashed potato and veggie flakes. They serve a lot of rice with meals too which isnt great either. the healthy options that they are usually paired with are things like fish, seafood and odd pickled veggies.

Also anon not all places charge by rent especially if you are a salaryman (headhunter/employment recruiter ect) or student. And my building manager always had tenants giving him sweets and snacks as they moved or traveled so he often would share his snacks as a means to get rid of them all. That doesnt mean their arent landlords out to get you though. A lot of the politeness is actually rude or incredibly fake.

>> No.8442832
File: 47 KB, 352x234, galactus why.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8437980
>>8438066
>Get put on a whole bunch of meds that have the unfortunate side-effect of making it very easy to put on weight
>Also have always had easy to put on weight to begin with
>Gain 30 kg
Kill me