[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 55 KB, 851x315, otakuthon2015.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8418811 No.8418811 [Reply] [Original]

> 10th anniversary!
> What is your line-up?
> Do you even have your cosplays done yet or are you an idiotic procrastinator like me.
> Any guests you're particularly interested in?
> /cgl/ meet-up?

> inb4 Can I go even if I don't speak French?
Yes.

>> No.8418815

Is it worthwhile to attend as a lolita?

>> No.8418826

>>8418815
Jfash community is pretty strong in Montreal. Dunno if there will be a fashion related guest this year, but there should be at least handful of lolita panels, the swap meet, and the fashion show.

>> No.8418921
File: 129 KB, 621x480, uguu otakuthon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8418811
> 10th anniversary!
Cool!
> What is your line-up?
I have a half complete Caesar Zeppeli I'm going to finish and looking at doing Disgaea with some friends, but that's not final yet.
> Do you even have your cosplays done yet or are you an idiotic procrastinator like me.
See above...
I don't go for guests, but I did pay the extra 15 bucks for angela and FLOW
> /cgl/ meet-up?
Sure.

>> No.8419036

/cgl/ meetup when and where?

>> No.8419155

First time going, only going to be able to make it on Saturday and maybe Sunday morning. Any events in particular to check out? Anything in particular that happens on Sunday? If not then I might just skip it.

>> No.8419201

>>8419155
Last year's programming although I think Sunday ends an hour later this year:
> http://www.otakuthon.com/2014res/pdf/OT2014-HoraireSchedule_tentative.pdf

I like visiting the Artist Alley on Sundays, but if you've seen AN's AA, then you've seen Otakuthon's tbh. For big events on Sunday, I can think of the closing ceremony and the FLOW concert? I'm not that big on events, tbh. Saturday is the most profitable day to attend if you had to choose; Sunday is in comparison more relaxed because everyone's tired and post-con depression starts setting in.

>> No.8419780

>>8418921
Interesting. Which Disgaea game / characters?

>> No.8422645

> What is your line-up?
Lolita coord on Thursday (for tickets) and Sunday, Franziska von Karma from Ace Attorney on Saturday and Sunday.
Procrastinating like an idiot
Nope, guests this year are really disappointing to me.
> /cgl/ meet-up?
Why not.

>> No.8422700

Would you be okay taking pictures with a random person? I think lolita dresses are just too adorable.

>> No.8423123

>>8419201
Thanks! It's a lot to take in. I usually like to buy at least one thing from AA for a con but I did make sure to check everything out at AN this year so I can probably get by with just attending on Saturday.

Any tips for a first time goer otherwise? The venue looks huge and I don't want to waste too much time getting lost around places lol.

>> No.8423195

I'm exited I haven't been to montreal since last othakuthon and i'm so ready to pig out on good food
> What is your line-up?
So far all I know is that im bringing Giorno from JJBA, Eureka from eureka 7 for FLOW, and maybe Fate/Zero lancer and Water 7 Nico Robin if I have more time????
//glares at non-existent progress
not really going for guests but I am super exited for FLOW
> /cgl/ meet-up?
hell yeah why not

>> No.8423931

>>8422700
As a lolita/cosplayer, I don't mind taking picture with someone who asks nicely.

>>8423123
Yeah, Saturday should have more than enough activities for a first-timer. For tips, errr, make the best of the venue being next to Chinatown for cheap food? Con food is really overpriced. The venue is bigger this year, but unlike AN, it's compact, so the chances are you getting lost is pretty slim once you're in the actual convention area. Plus I think they print a map on the badge itself.

>> No.8424102

>Remembers it's soon
>panic halfwhat

>> No.8424110
File: 157 KB, 500x244, highpitchedwill.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8424102
>mfw I'm doing the AA this year
Both art and cosplay are not done yet, and I am panicking. I need to calm down because panic means that nothing gets done.

>> No.8427197

So... Has anyone else gotten their panels accepted?

>> No.8427303

> 10th anniversary!
Cool
> What is your line-up?
No idea but it will probably involve Yumoto/Battle Lover Scarlet, maybe Love Live, maybe Mirai??
Everything's good to go unless I can't pull Love Live out of my ass in time for APOP
Psh I'm not even buying a badge
> /cgl/ meet-up?
Gotta rep dem Toronto Seagulls

I start booking shoots on July 1st, shooting day and night so I'll be pretty busy all weekend long

>> No.8428837

>>8424110
i'll be in the AA this year too! don't worry, you have a month still. more than enough time to get ready. and if it's not, no one really gets to fully see your costume from the table anyway so just focus on art :P

>> No.8429258

>>8418811
I've been toying with the idea of going to Montreal for Osheaga and Otakuthon and staying the week in between but the clock is ticking and I have no idea how I'd work out accommodations at any kind of reasonable price at this point, any ideas?

>> No.8429271

>>8429258
Hostels.

If you're concerned about theft, most have lockers or some other way to lock up your valuables.

Otakuthon, unlike another popular Canadian con I can think of, is right downtown, so you don't need to waste your money on hotels you're only using to sleep.

>> No.8429276

>>8429271
And, until around 1AM, the Metro (train) runs right from the congress centre, making it easy to get to and from where you're staying.

>> No.8429341

> 10th anniversary!
Awesome.

> What is your line-up?
So far; Cafe Ichigo Momomiya from Tokyo Mew Mew
Euphemia Li Britannia from Code Geass
and my first Lolita coord

Just waiting on my lace order for my Ichigo costume, and the base of my Euphie dress is done.

Rikiya!!!

> /cgl/ meet-up?
Sure~

>> No.8429371

>>8419036
This is the most important part

>> No.8429605

>>8429258
>>8429271

Thanks! I'm looking into that and airbnb.

Also, what's the general makeup of the con mostly Quebecois I'm assuming? Any Ameriblubbers?

>> No.8430565

>>8429605
Most québécois people that reside downtown near the area are bilingual.