[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 37 KB, 650x357, ccs_mov2_253.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8392065 No.8392065 [Reply] [Original]

Post your feelings. Keep it /cgl/ related.

>> No.8392084
File: 500 KB, 500x278, i love.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Dear ___,

>Sorry for the delay in informing you.
>Your order has been getting through correctly, we will issue an invoice once your order is ready.

>We appreciate your patience.

>With best regards,
>Innocent World

>mfw
I'm so so so excited. Happy pack get!!

>> No.8392089
File: 1.36 MB, 478x360, 1429115184324.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8392065
>thinking about finally doing my first cosplay, been wanting to do this character for years, getting kind of excited because I finally have the money for it
>show friend that's into anime what I want to do
>they call it gross and say he looks like an autsy generic character

>> No.8392098
File: 422 KB, 500x257, sobp.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Fall in love with dress
>Sold out
>Fall in love with purse
>Sold out

>Decide on cosplay
>Look it up
>See perfection has already been achieved
>Feel too ugly to compete

>Decide to do another cosplay
>Look it up
>Perfection completed again
>Too ugly to compete

>One month isn't long enough to make something from scratch and have it be perfect anyways
>I am trash

This last hour has been rough.

>> No.8392101
File: 97 KB, 1280x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>always been that one friend who is unemployed
>finally get a job
>decides to get nice gifts for people for Christmas to thank them for being good friends
> get then-crush 50 dollars worth of clothes
>get best friend of almost 8 years a 3ds
>crush never let me know they got their gifts, stopped talking to me despite them doing all the flirting before
>best friend acts like being friends with me is a fucking chore and ignores me for 4 months and then blows me off at the next con were at together

I rather be poor again

>> No.8392106

>>8392101
>tries letting go of best friend after they blew me off at the con
>sends angry text
>mfw they ask if I made it safely home from the con since I was driving home alone and sick

>> No.8392113
File: 238 KB, 640x358, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>got first petticoat yesterday
>classialpuppets
>HAVE NEVER ITCHED SO MUCH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, IS IT MADE OF ANTS?

>> No.8392150

>years ago in college before I started dressing in lolita had flakey friend
>flakiness pissed me off so we drifted apart, still friends on social media
>find out she was in a horrible car crash with her bf, she survived but he did not
>still kind of mad about her past actions but feel really bad for her
>find out she wears lolita now too
>not sure how to feel about that
>live in different cities with different comms so I guess I'll just move on with life

speaking of life
>unemployed
>depressed, no motivation or interest in anything except lolita and hanging out with friends
>been in fashion for 3 years yet have a small wardrobe (6ish main pieces)
>only motivation to find a job is to earn money to spend on lolita so I'm not wearing the same outfit every other meet
>feels materialistic and selfish but better than nothing I suppose

>> No.8392153

>>8392084
ahhh same here anon!
In IW spirit,

>order IW's Cherry Jam JSK
>get told it's the last one and it's fucked up
>have to wait till end of june till I can get it
>fuck

>> No.8392160

You are all a bunch of weeaboo trash nigger faggots.

>> No.8392174

>Been a lolita for nearly three years, would say I'm not half bad at coordinating
>Finally feel confident enough (somewhat) to join a community
>Local community is a clusterfuck, but it's okay, I'm willing to accept them and I hope they'll accept me
>Flake out of two meets because of nerves
>Last meet I had to back out of because sudden important plans
>Upcoming meet that I promised to go to, suddenly find out that it's going to be really difficult for me to get to because it's on our move date for when we move house
>Too worried of telling them I can't go because I'm scared they'll think I'm a flake that does this every time

>> No.8392180
File: 311 KB, 1920x1080, photo_1429644594452.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8392160
K

>> No.8392259

>over 10+ costumes that arent relevant at all
>anime old as fuck and no fanbase for
>cant sell them
>cant throw them out
>most dont even fit

fuck

>> No.8392300

>>8392259

...list costumes mebbe? I am looking at old as fuck animes right now and don't mind irrelevance.

>> No.8392355
File: 63 KB, 718x842, 1354285622750.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no Houkago Play gf / friend to cosplay with you

>> No.8392423

>>8392101
Sucks anon, at least now you know who your real friends are I guess.

>> No.8392444

>tfw noone to dress in Jfashion and go get bubble tea with
Why live?

>> No.8392488
File: 236 KB, 500x472, fuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>recently quit job
>looking for new job
>find the perfect brand for my tastes in loli
>tfw no income right now and can't spend money on loli

God damn it I should've waited until I'd found a new job.

>> No.8392500

>>8392089
your friend is an ass

>> No.8392501
File: 124 KB, 750x735, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>boyfriend wanting to make the biggest and best cosplay ever
>he's wanting this to be ~absolutely perfect~
>he has no clue how to sew
>no clue how to make anything really
>always asking me questions, how to do this, how to do that
>"google.com"
>he wants to cosplay big beefy bara character
>he's a little tubby
>tell him if he's going to put so much money into a cosplay it wouldn't hurt to lift for a couple months if he wants this cosplay to be ~perfect~
>fight ensues
>he says i shouldnt cosplay at all because i'm a little tubby too
>mfw

I just wish I could wake up 30lbs less.

And I know what I told him was a little harsh, but if he wanted a perfect cosplay he would need the perfect body too.

>> No.8392504

>>8392113
try to wear a slip underneath the petticoat?

>> No.8392561

>tfw I can't stand one of the most e-famous grill in my national comm
>like I won't rip her throat open or anything, just that she is annoying and pretty fake on top of craving for fame
>tfw I just saw that several of my last tumblr posts got tons more notes that her's
>revengesweetsweetrevenge.jpg

>> No.8392695

>>8392089
Lol I have a similar story.

>have dream cosplay, because that character is the sole reason I wanted to cosplay in the first place
>tell new con friends about it
>they tell me I don't have the right face for that character, and that I'm too short, and then they recommend the one character I don't like instead

Bad feels. They were also all seagulls so that explains the nitpicking. Love you, gulls.

>> No.8392701

>>8392695
FUCK THEM DO WHAT YOU WANT

>> No.8392703
File: 51 KB, 400x505, vrzOf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>post up a dress on LM
>didn't sell the first couple weeks
>someone messages me asking if I would sell it without charging shipping [15$ off]
>I'm like sure, what the hell.
>my terms of sales say that it may take up to a week to ship out my items
>girl mentioned that it's her first dress since she became interested in lolita nearly 3 years ago
>so I throw in some extra things to match the dress, and even include a blouse that might match as an extra gift
>have a work deadline that forces me to work for almost a week straight
>exhausted when I get project done
>it's been 7 days since the buyer paid
>go to post office to send out customer's product & the dress + other various errands
>get a text from one of the guys who helps run my business page on FB
>tells me some girl messaged the BUSINESS page [unrelated to lolita] and told him that she she bought something from Lacemarket & was going to open a Paypal dispute
>he doesn't know who the girl is or who she bought from and assumed she was talking about a product she bought from us
>he Googles "Lacemarket" and figures out that I was the one she bought from, as I'm the sole grill who has access to the business page and the dudes have no interest in wearing dresses
>I tell him that I'm sending out the dress with the other order
>get back and find my 2 employees/coworkers who run the page are now very curious/suspicious of my association with this "frilly costume" stuff
>say it's just a hobby in fashion and nothing more
>guys in question have now been asking more and more questions about it
>I am a very private person, and now I have been outed because this fucking idiot buyer decided to out me
>I do not mix business with my personal life, and now I have my 2 coworkers curious and now interested in what I'm doing outside of work

I suppose it may not seem like a huge deal to some people, but I am fucking livid.

>> No.8393190
File: 61 KB, 625x530, 1408850998555.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>con coming up soon
>already reg and cosplay and everything ready to go
>friends/hotel roommates turn on me and won't let my boyfriend and I stay with them
>got blamed for something I know little to nothing about
>got for all days but probably only going to go to one since commute is pretty far and costly and we can't get another room in time

I'm not that upset about it but shit I'm aggravated from how last minute this was

>> No.8393194

>>8392561
>jelly and bitter: the post

>> No.8393299

>>8393190

I'm sure you can probably find somebody to bum a room off/pay halfs with.

>> No.8393318

>>8393299
I never done that before so I honestly don't know how to go about it to find people

>> No.8393321

>>8392065
>girl in comm is acting mean and catty to girls she doesn't deem 'worthy'
>gets really condescending if you aren't pretty enough or are wearing a dress that's not expensive/coveted enough
>always talks down to me in a really fake-sweet manner, speaks like one would to a retard
>want to respond and defend myself but can't because I always start babbling when I'm flustered or upset and can't put together a coherent sentence
I just wanna stand up for myself but she always ends up winning because I can't convey my thoughts and my mind is always racing

>> No.8393324

>>8393321

Find a friend to practice with over skype or in person.

>> No.8393337

>super excited as I'm getting started in ouji
>tfw no qt lolita gf because qt gf finds lolita tacky
> ;__;

>> No.8393340

>>8393324
>friend
good one, anon

>> No.8393385

>>8392500
I know he is, I'm really starting to question why I even talk with him.

>> No.8393398

>>8392098
One month is plenty of time anon, I've churned out costumes in two days and had them be the best shit I've ever made.

>not under pre-con pressure though
>insomniac ADHD sleep-deprived daze

>> No.8393406

>has huge nose
>likes cute clothes
>will never be qt 2d waifu
kill me

>> No.8393452
File: 1.94 MB, 407x220, crybaby.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I've been working out and eating right since Feb but I still need a little more to go
>See all the qt love live costumes and want to do a specific one that shows midriff
>It's now one of my dream cosplays
>Can't do it because stomach isn't completely flat yet and thighs are still chubby

It's petty but man it sucks

>> No.8393454

>making costume
>not sure how to go about it so I just wing it, figure it out as I go
>bought exactly as much fabric as I needed so no room to fuck up
>finish making it
>try it on
>holy shit it's perfect

I'm never buying another pattern in my life.

>> No.8393470

>>8393321
I have this same problem. Whenever I try to confront someone spontaneously I always trip over my words and sound like a dumbass.

I know this sounds cliche as hell but do what the other anon said and practice. Come up with the best fucking comeback you can think of and say it over and over again to a friend or to a mirror until it's stuck in your mind. Works every time for me, but just make sure it's not too long or complicated because that makes room for major sperging.

>> No.8393471

>>8392703
Im really sorry to hear this Anon

>tfw being let go from my work
>get last paycheck
>$$$$
>had never have this amount of money before
>start going on an online shopping spree
>guilty but cant stop

>> No.8393493

>started to workout/diet at the end of may for dream cos/tired of being fatty-chan
>just ended my 2nd week and i've lost 5 lbs so far
>feelsgoodman.jpg

>> No.8393496
File: 78 KB, 403x679, saikoda.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pretty good day so far
>2 days off from work to catch up on sleep/ organize and plan for future cosplays/ cons
>met with ex bf and we sorted our problems out, will still remain good friends
>payday tomorrow, will be able to afford gunpla, fabric and cake

>> No.8393767
File: 498 KB, 500x283, tumblr_mutrgz9GB81siudfjo1_500 (1).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8392065
Cgl i need your help.
For the background
>turning in my twenties,recovering from ED/depression/anxiety blablablabla poor self confidence but doing my best to deal with it
>had an abusive ex gf so i'm scared shitless to be in a relationship or love anyone but then i cry at night because "so roneri" and all friends are a country away from me
>Very boyish in a "kawaii uke desoo" way but trying to be more feminine and mature
>lately i don't even like anime or that stuff i feel a mighty need for nostalgia and feel like 2015 is shit,wish it was 2008 or 2011 again for some reason? I havent profited of my early teenage years i got bullied very badly at school for being "different" (illness) and that fucked me up

Lately i've become obsessed with Kotakoti, let me clarify, not the actual one doing modelling stuff in japan,wearing all pastel stuff,... the old one. When /cgl/ was still having threads debating about it. I made her room back in america (plan of it),a list of all her clothes and accessories and shoes,... with most that i liked, lots of pics of her and i often do her in the dressup dolls games along with PT, Venus,...I do not wish to be her nor do i wish to be famous but i have this weird obsession with her that calms me. On the other hand i also have something similar with old venus angelic, and a bit of Xiaorishu. But i didn't really got obsessed with them, it just makes me feel...relaxed? Comfy? Having items that they had, listening to their old videos,finding videos they deleted,music they use...It's like an escape somehow. Little weeb me used to find them so cool, wish to have venus angelic "pretty doll hair and clothes", dakota's "face and clothes", xiaorishu's "cuteness",...I don't know what is happening to me. I used to be obsessed about a sweet lolita back in 2011 until she stopped to.
What is happening to me /cgl/? What do?

>> No.8393779

>Been lurking for the better part of eight years, too fat and working out/ dieting.
>Last year able to get brand with shirring because of still large boobs.
>Wait for that one dress I can't live witout.
>Miss haenulis Angel of Music reservation.
>Never wanted anything more.
>Randomly check back at the beginning of June/wondering if they have something else to reserve.
>Find angel of music op in white, wanted black but beggars cant be choosers.
>Pay for that shit so fast my bank account didn't know what hit it.
>Birthday in a week and jurassic world tomorrow.
>Everythingisawesome.gif

>> No.8393789

>>8393767
we already heard this, just kill yourself. you're no use to the world anyways.

>> No.8393798

>be 2 years ago
>huge lurker
>love everything lolita
>make new lists of things I want to buy every couples weeks
>watch people scramble over getting new releases every so often
>don't have a job so wish that could be me
>decide to give up after 2 or so years of lurking already
>"i'll come back when I have a job" I said
>be me now
>have a job
>don't know what to buy, can't find anything from my old wishlists for sale at the moment either
>love all styles respectively so can't even decide which of my wishlists to start from

>let the waiting and watching begin.

such is the life of someone with poor decision making skills.
suppose I'll just stock up on blouses and petticoats and shoes for a while until I can get the ball rolling.

>> No.8393853

>>8392444
>tfw no one to dress in jfashion with and no place that sells bubble tea that isn't a 4 hour train journey away

>> No.8393858

There is a cosplay event this saturday and there's a cosplay event the 5th of july but i have no cosplay friends so i can't go i know id just be standing awkwardly a few meters next to everyone else them with their backs to me and itd just make me feel so lonely also i have no wig so cant really make any proper cosplays for anything this summer. also there's a con at the end of august that i kind of want to go to too but facebook events dont work anymore so cant say im interested because theyll think im actually going because facebook considers them the same thing.

also worked a lot on a cosplay thing last weekend and its almost finished its in a wearable state and it looks amazing when other people wear it but when i look in the mirror it looks like shit but thats probably just how it is you just need to look from a different angle but the real problem is i had another look at the source material and i tlook sa bit inaccurate but it's good enough for people to recognize so i should just be happy. tomorrow i want to use my grandparents sewing machine to finish the last parts i need to do to wear it. oh but it also requires accessories to work properly but ill probably try to wear it in the city this friday because its awesome /)^3^(\

>> No.8393868

>>8393858
> /)^3^(\
Could you not?

>> No.8393897

>>8393798
Perhaps try a few cheap enough coords to see what kind of styles you like to wear, then you'll have more of an idea what to go for. Stocking up on basics is good too.

>> No.8393925

>tfw i have the most beautiful AP cutsew but it doesn't really match my wardrobe
>tfw it's never up for sale so the chances of me trading for my preferred colourway is extremely slim
>don't want to sell because it's too pretty to get rid of, and i might never find my preferred colourway

sighing forever

>> No.8394006
File: 542 KB, 1000x749, 1433674978405.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8392101
The painful truth is that some people aren't worth your time. Someone once gave me some advice that I live by now and I'm gonna give it to you: Never be someone else's second choice.

You are a beautiful unicorn of a person (who is obviously very giving) and you deserve friendships and love interests who are on your level. Do not settle for people in your life who hurt you. Me personally I would much rather be alone than be with people who make me feel alone. Keep strong and know your worth.
Love you.

>> No.8394024

>>8392101
That sucks. In the future though, don't give things of great value to your crush. It makes things very very awkward since they will feel obliged to give something of equal value back and since they probably know you like them romantically, they might feel as though you're pressuring them into giving you affection. All in all, it's just not a good idea all around. As for the friend of almost 8 years, well, I guess that's just bad luck.

>> No.8394046

>>8392259
hoo-kay

kadaj - advent children (cringe, was a good group though)
yukie - fruits basket
jam juradoberi - guilty gear
Chipp zanuff - guilty gear
ky kiske - guilty gear
ayane - fruits basket
Dietrich von lohengrin - trinity blood
tezuka - prince of tennis
Rock howard - kof
tasuki - fashigi yuugi
legato- trigun
tak-kun - Flcl

>> No.8394049

>>8394046
meant for >>8392300

>> No.8394077

>>8392501
why tell him to workout when you yourself wont work out?

>> No.8394176

>>8393767
Anon why do you keep posting about your Kota obsession? Especially when a lot of anons have had lengthy non-judgemental discussions with you and one even started talking to you off-board.
It seems to me like you feel subconsciously there's something wrong with your obsession, so you keep posting about it here to (hopefully) get nice responses to ease your worries. It doesn't really sound like you want opinions or advice, just for people to tell you they can relate so you feel less alone.
You need to stop, you need to seek help, and you need to learn new coping methods. You wouldn't be talking about it nonstop if you didn't think it was bad for you in some way.

>> No.8394212

>Losing weight to fit my dresses better.
>Will forever have tree trunk legs.

Sometimes genetics really do stuck.

>> No.8394227

>>8394212
Same feels, anon.
Same feels.

>> No.8394250

>>8394212
p-p-post legs

>> No.8394252
File: 444 KB, 152x98, penguinslap.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8394212
> mfw I have big calves
I will never be able to look good with knee socks.

>> No.8394263

>>8394252
I know that feel. I'm hoping weightloss will help but I know deep down it never will.

>> No.8394278

I want to get into cosplay, and even crossplay, but that requires things like sewing and fashion-research and I'm afraid my father will berate me for taking up unmanly hobbies and accelerate the process of kicking me out of the house.

>> No.8394282

>>8394278
Make armour based costumes...? Or like, save up potential cosplay money and use that to move out.

>> No.8394301 [DELETED] 

>no gf
>qt girl ask someone else to teach her how to dance
I-I know how to dance too.

>> No.8394303

>>8394301
Then you should have told her that, you loser. Also stop posting irrelevant shit in the /cgl/ feels thread.

>> No.8394361

>>8393454
Happy for you anon! It's honestly the best feeling in the world.

>> No.8394490
File: 69 KB, 640x501, 2395954.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>graduated with masters degree
>moved away with bf to be with parents who made it seem like they really wanted me around
>they knew that to move so far away on short notice would mean we'd have to live with them for a buffer period
>find out that it's more so like they can micromanage both of our lives while we live with them
>trying desperately to get jobs and find an apartment so we can move out asap
>plenty of jobs around here--just too much people applying to them at once
>it's been a week and a half and I've forgotten how insufferable and miserable both of my parents are
>bf says they're toxic and it's true; they treat us horribly on an emotional level
>berate and lecture us constantly like we're 17 and just starting college
>it insults my intelligence so much
>I've already applied to seven jobs pertaining to my degree and have heard nothing
>mom screeches at me for not finding employment quick enough
>later she'll tell me to not get discouraged
>have four years of retail experience
>want to apply to two retail jobs again just to escape
>I'm willing to work two jobs, even three if it means I won't have to live with them and have money
>she screeches at me for considering retail and not "using my degree" and claims I'll just wind up working a dead-end job for the rest of my life

I just want her to calm down. She's talking about "savings accounts" like I'm going to be making big bucks (lelno) and pretending like I don't have $20k student loan debt to pay off. I've even treated my bf and I to a $100 dinner which I've put on my credit card recently because I've become so apathetic about the next five years that I'll spend solely paying off my debts. I've thought about buying more lolita with it too.
I'm becoming so numb and depressed. I feel like I have no dreams or aspirations right now. I'd be satisfied just to make a measly paycheck.
Nobody except my bf knows about this because I don't talk about these kinds of personal problems to anyone.
>tfw

>> No.8394530

>>8394490
Dude, don't be discouraged! Moving back in with your parents after school is the absolute worst! Deff been there and done that, After you move out, it'll be a hundred times better! Just ignore them for the time being, try to save up and get out as fast as you can! Without being reckless of course. Parents just never want their babies to grow up, and when you move back in after being independent for a few years, their "nurturing" (overbearing) nature clashes with the independence you've gotten used to while living and managing on your own. You'll make it through!!! Best of luck to you! It'll all turn out for the best in the end!

>> No.8394540

>>8394046
>KOF
>GG

KEEP those. Also keep that Legato. People still cosplay Trigun at cons. I swear if you throw out those GG and KOF cosplays I will slap you.

>> No.8394585

>>8392084
Havn't got mine yet, Should I worry? Oh god, now I'm stressed...

>> No.8394940

>>8394490
>mom screeches at me for not finding employment quick enough
>later she'll tell me to not get discouraged
>want to apply to two retail jobs again just to escape
>she screeches at me for considering retail and not "using my degree" and claims I'll just wind up working a dead-end job for the rest of my life
>I'm becoming so numb and depressed. I feel like I have no dreams or aspirations right now. I'd be satisfied just to make a measly paycheck.
>Nobody except my bf knows about this because I don't talk about these kinds of personal problems to anyone.

Shit, are you me (especially the "dead-end job" warning)? - except I only have a BS, took a six-month temp research assistant spot when I got disheartened from applying to so many bigger and more ambitious openings, and now am unemployed and stressed and depressed all over again.
>mom always asking me what I'm planning on doing and what my "five-year plan" is
>I don't know, it seems like nobody's interested in me or wants my qualifications
>fucking biological sciences major who's eternally waffling between pursuing research or teaching
>feel like a useless financial drain and an embarrassment after a decent high school and college streak
>got an email the other day from my parents saying they wanted to fly me back for a "family meeting"
>if I had to move back with them I would likely slip further into depression or even commit suicide
>all I need is a regular schedule where people have expectations of my work and productivity
>want to work retail just to have income and fill the gap, but have no experience and mom doesn't want me spending my time and education on that

The last few days have been kind of rough. I pulled myself up enough to edit my resume again and try applying for some Americorps spots. Working on a resume is surprisingly helpful - you're forced to think "yeah, I've done all these things" and see yourself in the best light. We can get through this anon.

>> No.8394949
File: 500 KB, 500x282, fire[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8394940
Comment got too long, but to keep it /cgl/-related, I've been pulling through by giving myself appointments in the future with things I enjoy.
>working on a cosplay for a convention in a week
>90% done, all the clothing elements are finished
>wig and dog ears left
>hot-glued snaps to the ears to snap them on between the wefts (no visible headband)
>weak-ass snaps will pop off if I shift the wrong way, am considering just sewing the ears to the wig
>base of the ears (where they meet the wig) is janky uncovered foam and I'm having trouble hiding the ugly edges
>god I hate wigs

>> No.8395032

>>8393337
If you're good looking, can coordinate well and start to go to lolita/ouji meets, girls will be all over you. Your GF will shit herself and become one with the frills.

>> No.8395045

>>8392065
>boyfriend used all my got2b
>two cans worth
>now his hair is sticky and gross
>now I can't style the wigs I wanted to style today

>> No.8395080

>really want to post in draw thread
>comm are /cgl/ haters
>except for a couple who post in draw thread
>don't want to be victim of witch hunt
>I'll never have a cute or funny drawing cause I'm a coward

>> No.8395110
File: 14 KB, 300x300, img-thing..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Had a mini heart attack when I saw people bidding on the dress I wanted at the last minute
>thank god they stopped right as I got to my limit
I'm very happy, I've had bad luck with auctions lately and it was making me despair a bit
pic related

>> No.8395128

>>8394046
You must be in a bad area or something. Everyone I know are fans of these, me included.
You'll find buyers.

>> No.8395145
File: 294 KB, 500x252, 1421078636469.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to dream dress thread
>start to put together small collage
>looking up pictures of ultimate dream dress when i see it's up on LM
>the only colorway i want and in perfect condition
>why the fuck not
>literally shaking oh my god i've wanted this dress for two years and it's going to be mine
>i don't have shit to coord it with but who cares

Honestly you guys I was close to tears, I'm so happy. This is the dress that inspired me to finally start wearing the fashion and I just can't wait to see it in person and know that it's mine!

Unrelated but slightly cgl:
>start seeing new boy
>he's a huge nerd
>hasn't seen me in egl in person yet but just saw pictures
>mfw he asks me to wear it sometime around him and says how cute I look

It's all coming up Milhouse, guys

>> No.8395149

>>8395080
If you're interested I draw really cartoony but I could set up a throwaway email and we could exchange.
It's such a shame people are so judgmental.

>> No.8395166

>>8395032
She'd more easily get jealous and find a reasons to argue over it or use the situation against me because she's really good looking and a cosplayer, so it's not unusual for guys to be all over her and I'd be the one getting jealous/annoyed.
She says she wouldn't wear lolita even if she got paid so, oh well. I suppose I can still go to meets and feel like a cute prince without her..

>> No.8395180

>>8395110
Lovely choice Anon. I'm glad you got it.

>> No.8395196

>>8394490
>>8394940
Just an idea, but how about unpaid internships?
If you're unemployed and not getting any money you have nothing to lose and usually companies love unpaid internships. That's a way to boost your confidence (since you're working at something), get something for your resumee and sometime's a company might hire you after they see how good you work.

>> No.8395198

I lost my only friend, started looking for new ones instead of moping and being lonely. Recently met someone into J-fash and a ton of other stuff I like too. We got along so well it's crazy.
"Anon do you use CGL? You should try it."
"No I'm don't think I'm interested in that. I've never been there."
"Anon plz try it, just go on there it's not as bad as everyone says. You have to give it a chance. It's fun."
I start coming here and I hate it. I don't like negativity, and it's hard not to see it because it usually pops up even in the non-drama threads. It surprised me she'd want me to come here so badly because when we first met I told her I'm sensitive and a positive person. I keep coming here anyway because friend wanted me to so badly and I keep hoping I'll eventually see where the pro's outweigh the con's.
Suddenly the friend starts acting funny with me. Starts getting really rude with me over little things. Suddenly if I don't like the same thing she does I get backlash for it. Turns out this friend is the kind of person that you have to agree with on everything or you're not good enough for them.
Get out of there ASAP when I realize this isn't a person I want to be friends with, which was easy because it turns out friend was done with me anyway and wanted to dump me, and I'm leaving CGL/4chan for good as soon as the couple threads I'm watching autosage because I still can't stomach the toxic attitude this place has.

I feel sad that this didn't work out, but I'm relieved, don't even care that I'm going back to being a loner. Sorry for the wall of text but I needed to get that off my chest. It's a bit embarrassing that she might see this but I didn't do anything wrong and I think she knows she was a real jerk to me.

>> No.8395215

>>8395198
>staying for the pages
>complaining about negativity

don't come on here then.

>> No.8395220

>>8395145
Aww congrats anon!

>> No.8395278

>>8395198
I used to think this place was nothing but bitches and now I'm here everyday to check on the threads that interest me and I can honestly say CGL has helped me TONS on many different levels. You only focus on the negativity because you want to. You can easily ignore and scroll past the salty bitches and use the advice other helpful anons give.
Ever since I started coming here more often, I no longer feel like a complete idiot about how to browse and buy from taobao, gotten pretty cute things from ebay that anons have shared, learned a fuck ton about several different jfashions, found out about a load of different stores (including second hand) where I could find nice pieces for said jfashions for good prices, gotten advice related to jfashion and cosplay, direct myself to the horror stories whenever I'm bored, saved a whole lot of inspiration photos for coords and drawing, etc.
Yeah, it does have toxic threads for people to bitch and moan about anything but you don't have to click those? I don't get why is it so hard for you to filter information.

>> No.8395394

>>8395198
>Turns out this friend is the kind of person that you have to agree with on everything or you're not good enough for them.

That doesn't seem like the sort of person who would like 4chan.

>> No.8395396
File: 9 KB, 200x200, 200_s.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>post item on LM
>allow "Best Offer" option
>include in seller terms "will consider all offers within reason"
>write in item description that I'm open to offers
>couple days pass
>get message
>oh boy a buyer
>"will you accept offers?"
>mfw

Sometimes i feel like I should throw in a line in the description about it being covered in dog shit or something just to see if anyone actually notices.

>> No.8395407

>>8395394
someone's never been to /lit/, /mu/ or /fa/

>> No.8395411

>>8395278
Anon, my issue is that I can't ignore it because it isn't just contained to the drama threads. I don't want to focus on the negativity, but I see it everywhere and it's hard to just pretend it isn't there and "filter" it when you read it all the time no matter how you try to avoid seeing it.
It's good that there's people who are able to ignore it, but I can't, so I'm doing what's best for me and leaving.
This place can be useful, but it's not for me.

>> No.8395419

>>8392065
has crossed out all dream dresses from my wishlist except for one
last one is nowhere to be found
I might as well wait for tumbleweeds
damn you, meta

>> No.8395424

>>8395411
Not that anon but i understand. I can't come here too often because it really skews my view of things and i become too bitter if i spend too much time reading through the threads. When i do come here, i try to be helpful and kind. I don't think anyone should spend too much time here tbh. I don't know if the good outweighs the bad. But good luck anon, and all the best!

>> No.8395430

>>8395411
It's really not hard to ignore when you realize everyone is anonymous and all the people being negative have 0 impact in your life because these people mean absolutely nothing to you, you don't know them and neither do they know you. I used to get worked up and argue with them months back and now I can easily scroll past the crap, to get to the info I want.
If you're unable to, then I'm not sure why are you even bothering to reply to this thread, just follow the ones you have an eye on and leave silently when they fall into auto sage.

>> No.8395438

>>8395430
Why do you care so much about what she does? If you're 'not bothered by it' so much why do you get so worked up over someone on the internet disagreeing with you?

>> No.8395444

>>8395424
Thank you, and good luck to you too! I'm already doing better now that I'm out of that negative friendship and I'm going to stay hopeful that the next person I become friends with will be a much better match for me. I try to make a point to be kind no matter where I am because life is hard enough on its own without people making it harder.

>> No.8395446

>>8395396
I once asked if I could get free shipping($15) for a JSK on a OBO post, but then she said she only accepted the full price. So I'll probably be this person in the future since some sellers don't read what they write either.

>> No.8395460

>>8395444
You do you anon. I used to think I'd do anything to have lots of friends but after getting burnt several times I've decided to filter out all the toxic people out of my life. No friends is better than friends who always drag you down.

Just remember that you're in no obligation to be friends with someone who makes you feel bad or uncomfortable and that you should think of yourself first instead of caring about hurting their feelings. I'm not saying you should be rude, but if they get really buttmad it's none of your business and you shouldn't avoid hurting others' feelings if it's at the expense of your own. Not everyone is gonna like you and not everyone's gonna think nice things about you, and that's okay. Especially not people who have a habit of bitching about every single thing and nitpick others' appearances like many here do.

Cheers, and good luck.

>> No.8395496

>>8395438
When did I say I was bothered or was getting worked up? I just said I did not understand why is anon here if they don't like to be here, just doesn't make sense to me. If she gets upset being here, she's not doing any good to herself and might as well just leave.
Chill.

>> No.8395514
File: 98 KB, 640x480, 1380581842065.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8394046
>Tasuki
That was my husbando. Him and Chichiri.

>> No.8395620

>>8395446
Really? That's ridiculous, no wonder. Like I'd understand if someone's already gotten a better offer or just rejecting a lowball offer, but wow, way to not stick to their own word. I'm always super deliberate with what I write (hence the three different places), and never had anything like that happen to me so I just assumed that sort of thing could be taken at face value...

>> No.8395630
File: 116 KB, 269x228, 14241268438372.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ordered Royal Crown set from Haenuli a few months ago
>got it today
>tights are missing despite me ordering them

Here's hoping customer support is okay with them.

>> No.8395654

>>8395620
I had that happen before too. Seller has OBO listed at the top of the page but wasn't really open to any offers lower then their asking. Maybe they think OBO means the person might also ask if they can pay more than the asking? I don't know.
My guess is some people copy and paste their terms on every sale without actually editing them to make sure everything is correct.

>> No.8395666

>>8395620
It was reposted at least twice before, it was also less than 10% of the value of the dress.

>> No.8395692

>rent out house for 3 weeks while I'm at school
>come back
>smells like cigarettes
>computer desk in kitchen
>hair ALL over the shower floor
>pizza box and fries out in the open????
>toothbrush is on sink
>cleanser on the shower floor, just empty and unclean
so mad, the stereotype of Chinese tourist is true.

It won't stop me from renting, just Jesus Christ, couldn't they have just throw the pizza and fries in the trash? It's right beside you.
cgl related
>con season soon
>didn't make cosplay yet
woops, I need the motivation y'all.

>> No.8395699
File: 37 KB, 267x400, 1428023240560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8395692
>mfw I have to live with that shit 24/7

>> No.8395701

>>8395692
I used to rent out my apartment to make a few extra bucks. I know the stereotype of Americans is that we are slobs but I've never seen anyone worse than the Spaniard tourists that rented the apartment. They damaged the furniture, broke mirrors, left the place a wreck and then blamed me for having too much stuff. Horrible

To keep things on topic
>Friend wants to go out in lolita together on Monday
>Don't have much meant for warmer weather

I guess I'll just melt

>> No.8395706

>>8395701
I've never seen anyone worse than Americans tbh, maybe Strayans. Middle Easterners tend to be cunty but they're very tidy folk.

>> No.8395708

>>8395394

Eh, no. I've seen anons blow up over some really small stuff, like that lolita who wrote a whole rant in response to someone saying she should look to cosplay tutorials for wig styling advice, or the ita thread anons didn't like being told their threads were originally for picking apart other lolitas, so they bombed the drawfag thread in retaliation, or you can try bringing up whether lolitas need to cover their shoulders and see both side stubbornly not giving and inch, etc etc.

I think the seasoned seagulls know to ride things out, or at least leave a thread and come back when things have blown over. We seem to gloss over how much trolling and negativity are in most threads.

>> No.8395711

>>8395699
how do you even
legit, the worst I had was a cup in the sink, prior to this event and I've been doing this for some while.
Holy shit, I just noticed the toilet.
Omg, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO PISS AND SHIT ?!
Also, for some reason I'm paranoid they read this.
>>8395706
Never got Americans, so I can't compare.
I had people from Argentina and they were the sweetest person.

>> No.8395820

>>8395711
>Tourist download some fake flash player shit on PC
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuirggh
Mad venting, so sorry.

>> No.8395832

>>8395706
The thing is, we only ever rented out to Jehovah's Witnesses. The American's were always super respectful for this reason as were almost everyone else we rented out to. The Spaniards on the other hand were also Witnesses but they had no respect for me or my property for whatever reason. The person who was in charge of finding the renters said he always had an issue with Spaniards in particular because it was apparently very commonplace that they would ruin people's property and find an excuse not to pay for it.

>> No.8395920
File: 59 KB, 484x483, 1393650791222.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>had acne for forever since I was 12
>mom is almost 60 and still gets some cystic zits + scars from her previous pimples
>I've tried antibiotics and topical creams but nothing has ever made the acne go away

>went to dermatologist today
>she was very empathetic and gave me a book to start accutane in a month
>I was really excited
>decided to do some research on the internet
>horror stories about the long term side effects like irritable bowel syndrome, chronic joint pain, digestive issues

Christ gulls, I just want clearer skin so I won't have to cake on foundation as much for lolita and cosplay. But just look at these terrible reviews and that questionable shilling going on on this page:
>http://www.medschat.com/Discuss/accutane-long-term-side-effects-191307_p87.htm

My acne is bad but it wouldn't be worth making it go away temporarily only to have permanent, serious health issues like these people holy jesus.
>tfw

>> No.8395928

>>8395920
What you need is probably a laser treatment. My mother does treatments for people with those and she's gotten results on people where medication failed.

>> No.8395933

>>8395928
They do have laser treatments at their office and my insurance is pretty good (it covered the accutane and a couple acne treatments I signed up for). I could try it out, but I'm unsure if laser treatments help stop excessive oil production?

>> No.8395934

>>8395920
well, those side effects aren't guarenteed to manifest, and it is a safe product or else it wouldn't be allow to be prescribed. Have you considered playing around with lifestyle changes? Like, i realised i liked to wear my hair in my far, and i touched it way often and i ate a lot of greesy foods etc. i also had moderate success with neosporin, oddly enough. it had that stuff that fights scars too, and now a few years later my skins clear (less stress really)
hang in tharrr

>> No.8395937

>>8395149
I'd like that actually. Throwaway in the name field

>> No.8395941

>>8395934
I went on a pretty drastic doctor-ordered diet and exercise regimen about a year and a half ago. I had to make major healthy dietary changes and I lost a good 40 pounds while on it. I'd say my acne cleared up ever so slightly, unfortunately it just never went away completely. I was still having 6-10 major spots on my face every week. My back is still the worst.

It's funny you mention neosporin because that's what I like to use on some of the zits haha. It works okay, but in general my skin takes so long to heal that I've got a new spot before the old one has healed.

>> No.8395944

>>8395933
I know it kills the bacteria that causes the acne and i think because it does involve burning (I've had laser done for removing freckles and stuff like that and its the same laser) it might actually take care of the oil problem over time but I'm not fully sure. What I do know is she has cleared up EXTREME cases of acne where medication had failed BUT she is also the best in the business and no on else does her technique so where you get yours done might not have the same results as her clients. It will still work as long as your doctor isn't incompetent though. It would also be a good idea to look at your diet and see if possibly, your eating foods that would make the oil production worse.

>> No.8395948

>>8395944
Thanks for the advice anon. I'm going to ask about it during my next appointment just to test the waters. If she insists on the accutane I might search around for a second opinion, I've got a whole month (second pregnancy testing) to decide if I really want to commit to the accutane.

>> No.8395958

>>8395948
No problem. Accutane really should be a last resort though most skin doctors will push it on you. I hope you can get your skin cleared up though!

>> No.8395963

> going on vacation in two days to Taiwan and then Glorious Nihon
> haven't taken a holiday for probably four years
> I should be happy but all I can feel is anxiety
> all I want to do is enjoy myself but I don't know if I can

>> No.8395967

>>8395963
Enjoy yourself anon! Live your weeb dream!

>> No.8395973
File: 36 KB, 268x237, tumblr_static_zuccl91uhc0wgwo4w0k80ws4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8393496
>will still remain good friends

>> No.8395984

>>8395948
>>8395941
>>8395958
>>8395937
>>8395934

see that? and people say /cgl/ is a complete devil's nest
boo yaa, good people.

>> No.8395986

>>8395920
Not to scare the shit out of you, but IBS is fucking terrible. My best friend has had it since he was young and it's the fucking worst, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (although his is pretty extreme, let's just say his wife is extremely faithful).

>> No.8395988

>>8395986
I have IBS and it's not that bad. I can manage it fairly easily if I just dodge spicy food every now and then.
It varies from person to person.

>> No.8395990

>>8395958
Thanks again anon, I appreciate it.

>>8395984
Yeah, gulls are very knowledgeable concerning some things.

>>8395986
Yeah, I'm very vary ever since I've read about that. An ex of mine had a friend-roommate with IBS, his shits were the worst and some foods he just couldn't handle.

>> No.8395996

>>8395988
That makes sense. His must be on the higher end of terrible. He's been hospitalized before and even avoiding many foods he can spend upwards of 45 minutes in the bathroom at one time. That's why I count myself lucky only having anxiety!

>> No.8396025

>>8395984
yeah, there is a lot of mean stuff that goes on in some threads and I think that's the main thing that sticks in people's minds unfortunately.
(I'm the anon who had the draw thread feels above, by the way)

As for my comm, a lot of the girls are very creative and experimental, so they get posted and picked on often.
So that's why they think the way they do.
That actually happens to me a lot too. I get picked on for my coords constantly. I just give no fucks.

>> No.8396027

Oh also
>move to new area
>more suburban than my rural area, more people
>I've had great luck with USPS all my life...until now
>this USPS guy has a habit of THROWING my stuff at my door
>makes an audible thud
>I've witnessed him rushing up to other houses, and throwing down their packages quickly too
>today he broke a very expensive frame for my graduate photos
>threw the box despite it saying fragile
>tfw kinda mad
I don't know what the workload is like for suburban mail workers, but this seems really unethical regardless.

>> No.8396065

>>8396027
Report him.

>> No.8396078

>>8396065
Oh indeed, he won't be getting away with this one!

>> No.8396081

>>8396027
I know thats terrible, and you should definately report him, but thats a pretty funny mental image.
i imagine him being pissed as fuck and hurling it while muttering "thats where THAt shit goes"
lol what a jackass
8/10 chuckle thanks anon

>> No.8396106
File: 269 KB, 452x534, 1429318410461.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8395948
Anon who is currently on Accutane right now, reporting in! Accutane is usually suggested by your dermatologist as a last resort, when all other methods of treatment and medication don't work. I would say my acne was moderate, but then again it just smacked me out of no where and gave me a face full of painful purple cysts, and wrecked all of my self confidence to the point where I quit my job and haven't really left my house in months. Having the dermatologist as "what are your thoughts on Accutane" was like a miracle, because during all of my other treatments I told myself "I don't need Accutane, I refuse to go on it." Well joke's sure on me because I jumped on that offer, I was at my wit's end.

I have heard horor stories from my cousin who is a doctor, online, my dermatoligist herself, my pharmacist. However, everybody reacts to the medication differently, and anything more than dry skin and lips and sun sunsetivity is rare. I had myself so worked up before starting it that I couldn't sleep at night and had trouble eating. Then I started it (do not get me started on that second pregnancy test, take the online test, HAVE to meet the 7 day window your first month! bullshit), and a month later my symptoms were:
>dry skin
>dry lips
That's it.

However, my dermatologist is amazing. She had me start off on the lowest dose, 20mg, monitered me to see how I reacted, and then bumped me up to 40mg. I can honestly say that I do not regret going on it. I am currently in my third month (still on 40mg, we are going to see if I should continue at this number or go up to 60mg), and I am happier than I have been in months. I experience the occasional muscle ache (it just feels like I am stiff and need to stretch), or mood swings (I am sometimes more irritable). My skin is currently better than it has been in months, and my mom pretty much cried when she saw how well it was clearing up because she was so happy for me. I do not regret going on it.

>> No.8396110

>>8396027
He shouldn't be doing that, regardless of how busy he is. My USPS worker NEVER throws packages, they plop them down like a normal person does. The USPS worker I had when I was away at school was the same. You're dude's just an asshole, report him.

>> No.8396136

>>8392101
Jesus christ man, you'd be mah fucking nigga if you bought me something like a 3DS out of nowhere.

>> No.8396156

A few years ago I posted some really mean things about a girl I sort-of-knew on /cgl/, entirely out of jealousy. She's not like, J-Nig or anyone so it went completely unnoticed, but she saw it, and later I found out that she was really upset by it.

Kids, learn from my mistakes. Don't vendettafag. In the end it does nothing but make you feel petty and bullyish.

I really wish I could take it all back but now I feel like the only thing I can do is be as friendly as I can to other people in my comm in the hopes that one day I might make up for it.

>> No.8396199
File: 79 KB, 1280x720, The_iDOLMASTER_Cinderella_Girls_02_Mio_Honda.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get cosplay package early
>super excited, try it on right out of the bag
>everything is perfect
>...except that the bodice is WAY TOO BIG even though I specified my size twice
>Ugh, will have to get it tailored, way too noticeably not my size to try and get away with
>Worried I'll fuck it up if I do it myself, so will have to pay a seamstress
>Uuuugh why

I think the seller just got mixed up and included the wrong size top in my package, but it's still frustrating. At least the whole thing is nicely constructed and I like the fabric, so it's not like it's totally unwearable.

>> No.8396205

>>8392150
I relate to your second story. Lolita is like a light in the darkness that is depression. Dressing up is one of the only things that makes me happy right now.

>> No.8396239

>>8396199
That's great it was near perfect though right? I like the tailoring phase, it also allows me to drying clean and press everything then put in plastic then garnet carrier.
the day you take it out to wear it for a con it feels like magic

>> No.8396249

>>8396239
Yes, this is true, this is true! I was just disappointed that I kind of couldn't see the finished product, you know? I felt like since the top was so huge, I wasn't really getting an accurate representation of what I'll look like at the con

>> No.8396250
File: 28 KB, 461x523, 10898127_1528688304074196_3149084027105733539_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>meet a really cool person in a larp
>Tfw they are way too old and cool to care about me
>want to have chill brotime with them because we both like archery
>probably just think im too young and annoying
>they live too far away that we could even meet
>going to a convetion which is held in the same city where they live
>they arent probably even going to that con
>really want just to have a good time with them because they are so cool

Im going to cry

>> No.8396251

>only one more paycheck and I can buy lolita
>spend all of time looking for lolita stuff to buy

my god what have I become.

>> No.8396278

>>8396249
it is true that it's seemlingly impossible to recreate what's in your mind's eye. im told it's a thing all creative mediums struggle with. I came to the conclusion a bit ago that art is never finished, it's simple abandoned. and those things with their flaws affect people.
that one got away from me.

>> No.8396282

>>8396278
Damn, you're on that next level, anon

>> No.8396320

>>8396282
kapow, im glad it made sense. thank you kindly, now to get all my own stuff dry cleaned.
practice what you preach, etc.

>> No.8396673
File: 86 KB, 360x480, !realistic feels.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you will never be realistic
>tfw you will never be sweet

>> No.8396738

>finish a one-time-wear cosplay
>get photos back
>everything looks fine
>except for the wig

I'm really tempted to rewear this cosplay just so I can get the damn wig right.

>> No.8396869
File: 219 KB, 1280x1280, tumblr_nopwn3BdD11usi9s5o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8392695

Fuck them, just do your thing.

>> No.8396959

>spent most of my life with no one interested in me
>move across country
>take care of myself better and look a lot better
>seagulls help me lrn2 makeup
>people hitting on me for the first time
>I don't know how to handle this at all, I just crabwalk the fuck away but that's not always the correct way to do things

I need some girl advice, how to reject people? I asked tumblr and got ignored, asked some friends and they also shrugged and said they pretty much freeze up as well. I have a boyfriend and usually saying so works but I don't know how to deal with this.

I also want to clarify that I don't think I'm the hottest shit that everyone cant help but ask me out but I do want to be prepared

>> No.8396963

>Tfw cute guy you were going to cosplay with posts his first date on Facebook
Every time a cute guy I know goes on a date or posts pictures with grills, I'm overcome with sadness and jealousy, even though I know they're straight. ;_;

>> No.8396966
File: 57 KB, 263x263, 1427202624463.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Want to cosplay curvy character
>Small hips, ass, skin filled with stretchmarks from when I was fat, fat arms I can't get rid of
>Have decent sized tits but uneven, stretchmarks on them ass well
>Have been trying to get rid of the last 10 pounds but nope
>Mom has a tiny ass waist with huge ass
>Can't help but feel shitty that I could have had dem genetics
>Know this is just superficial shit and have been trying to get rid of it since I feel selfish, I'm healthy, not disfigured
>Can't help but bitter sometimes

I just want to not care about my body anymore in terms of what it lacks ffs. It's just so hard.

>> No.8396974

>>8387531
Sorry for the late reply, anon but the feels thread of that time was deleted so i have to reply to you here and quote your message, in case you recognize me! I'm the femanon with a life experience similar to yours!
>I see anime as an escape into reality but I get >into much cause I might neglect real life.
>Let's hope that going on cons and Cosplay >would help us find friends and be normal. I'm >really hoping for us to get well
>Oh btw, I'm a guy who hates my own girly face >;_;
>Why do you like anime, Anon?
I neglet real life too at times, thinking of lolita and other jfashions, listening to touhou music, watching sometimes anime, but i'm more a japanese kawaii culture fan nowadays. I want to get into cosplay but i can't sew. I try to escape my boring life thinking of this stuff i like while i feel very very different from people of my age that have functional social lifes, while myself not really. I have some nerdy friends and i go out with them but i spend most of my time with me and me. I take care of myself but my life is close to a hikikomori sometimes.
>I'm a guy who hates my own girly face ;_;
Aww, you shouldn't anon!! I find cute non manly faced guys, infact i love also when they crossplay!
>mfw androgynous men ftw
>anime and visual kei changed my vision of men
I hope we can be more social otherwise.... we should embrace hikki life?
Ah, i love a lot Madoka Magica.

>> No.8396991

Tfw there's a month left before the con and you forgot to order things that will take a month to arrive
Pray for me cgl

>> No.8397015

>>8396250
Try to become internet bros maybe?

>> No.8397018

>excitedly losing weight
>tummy shrinking
>dreaming of brand that isn't fully shirred
>remeasure to find boobs now are +3cm while waist is -10cm
fml

>> No.8397019

>>8396974
nice blog

>> No.8397061

>>8397019
Nice blog?Uhm..what?

>> No.8397081

>>8397061
You wrote a long ass post.

>> No.8397092
File: 484 KB, 300x180, tumblr_m05yi0Y5Bm1qi0fgf.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397019
>>8397081
gulls sure are salty these days

>> No.8397117

>>8397092
Oh I'm sorry we were less salty when you were underage and cheating on your boyfriends.

Bitch I had to deal with second drama through close friends, don't EVEN try to step up to me because I answered a question.

Keep your shit up and I'll drop your nudes that you send to "trusted" people.

>> No.8397121

>>8397117
Noods plz

>> No.8397140

I fell in love with a pair of Vivienne Westwood sandals and cant buy them anywhere

>> No.8397145
File: 1.06 MB, 320x176, yukirin17.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397117
sage in all the fields
>acting like you know if I ever cheated on anyone
>acting like I ever even legitimately dated anyone /cgl/-related
>assuming it's really possible to even "cheat" on someone when you're 15 and in a really creepy internet "relationship" with some dropout 24-year-old
>Saying it's my fault that your shitty friends tried to get you wrapped up in drama
>Acting like I won't step up to you for being rude unnecessarily
>Pretending you have nudes at all
>Acting like sharing a 15 year old's nudes wouldn't get you in serious legal trouble anyway

Idk who you are, but your drama-sharing friends must've left out that one of the exes you might be referring to came extremely close to being charged with possession of child pornography and harassment because he wouldn't leave me alone. But if making big threats against someone for making a comment about you being salty is worth that much trouble for you, then ok~

>> No.8397157

>>8397081
Dont reply to my post if you gonna bait, calm the fuck down.
>>8397092
Yea, infact. I want just to feel and talk in this thread about cgl stuff.

>> No.8397165
File: 17 KB, 241x252, ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

not /cgl/
>have job, etc
>just started so I haven't actually gotten paid yet
>Steam Summer Sale started today
>all dem games
>mfw trying not to spend my paycheck before I even get it

/cgl/ related
>now that there's money to spare, my motivation is nowhere to be found
How do you guys force yourselves to work on projects and also not squander the money on other things? I just lump my money into two categories: spend and save, but should I further budget my spendings...?

>> No.8397169

>>8397157
I feel it, I feel it.

>>8396199
Update on earlier post: Contacted seller, they've gotten back to me and have apologized. They asked for some pictures of the sizing error, which I sent to them, so I'm really hoping they'll get back to me so I know if they included the wrong size part altogether or the top was just incorrectly constructed. Either way, this makes me a little bit nervous since another cosplay I have coming in the mail is also from the same seller, and I'm hoping the size of all the parts will be correct this time.

>> No.8397189
File: 30 KB, 240x200, why.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>been out of highschool for 1 year
>looking for a job for 2 years
>hand out resume + cover letters
>only a couple or so calls back
>people i know who are in last year and just graduated have jobs

other day
>get response from someone
>reply back asking what time would be good for them and my phone number
>no reply

>> No.8397202

that feel when you finally broke up with your horrible ex that hated you doing anything cosplay or anime related (even though he actively watched anime and went to cons ((not cosplaying though)) ) and now you're rolling in anime and cosplay plans like you're seeing the light for the first time in years.
im so excited, soooo excited to do cute cosplays with poofy skirts and socializing with my con friends again. i didnt realize how much i missed this hobby.

>> No.8397208
File: 1.98 MB, 500x280, tumblr_njob38X5rR1s7swf7o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397202
Highfive, anon! Have fun being back in the cosplay scene and good for you for ridding yourself of such a shitty person in your life; I know that takes a lot of strength.

>> No.8397220
File: 166 KB, 1920x1080, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397202
That's a great attitude, and be bold, I've done some of my best work in that "free as a bird" phase. Mine was reproducing a bunch of Miyazaki oil paintings for an AA table, and it's what I do now (not just Miyazaki tho, pretty much whatever anyone wants).
Happy craftin'

>> No.8397264

I finally figured out what to wear for an upcoming event. I'm just starting out in lolita so i don't have so much to work with and i'm quite the perfectionist.. i want my coord to look good...so yeah, that feels good

>> No.8397292

>>8395920
I had really awful acne for years until I went on the pill for mild endometriosis. Nicest side effect ever, cleared it all up. I still break out pretty bad when I'm on my placebo week every four months, and the scarring is still there though.

>> No.8397391

> nearly a month ago, ordered cute clothes from ebay
> seller messages me after I pay telling me shipping will take longer at this time of the year
> uh.. okay. Ask the seller if they could please change the delivery address because I'd be going back to my home country for summer and didn't want to risk having my stuff arriving to the country I'm currently living in after I had already left
> seller tells me not to worry, assures me they have sent my package out to the new address I provided
> a couple days ago, decide to check tracking number because my flight back home is in a few days
> tracking number says package is on it's way... to the country I'm currently in
> it has arrived to the international mail center or wtv, which is were stuff stays for quite a while waiting to be sorted
> freak the fuck out and email seller because there is no way I'm receiving the package until Monday, when I leave and what the fuck, this is supposed to be in a different country
> seller apologizes deeply, apparently shipping and handling department said they took note of the new address but didn't
> seller asks me if I can contact the post office to have the address change, they'll pay any extra charges
> no I can't, I've been in a very similar situation before and not even begging and showing proof documents matters, only the seller can request a delivery address change
> freaking out internally while waiting for seller's update on the situation

They are being really nice and offering to pay extra charges and all but I just want my stuff and I'm not seeing any changes in the tracking information so my stuff is stuck in international arrivals
sob

>> No.8397444
File: 447 KB, 423x425, 2786487.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel like my entire joy out of lolita was striving to get my dream dress. Growing my wardrobe, meeting wonderful people, etc, was just the build up to getting my grand finale which would be Misty Sky.

Now I finally have it, I feel I dunno... empty. Sure, I feel ecstatic now that I finally have it, but I've achieved what I always wanted to and now there's nothing left to do. I don't even know if I want to carry on being a lolita. This was not the feel I wanted to feel.

>> No.8397465

>>8397444
"And Alexander wept, for there were no more fields to conquer."

>> No.8397557

>>8397444
Focus on new releases maybe? Keep an eye out for anything new (or old!) that may catch your eye again like Misty Sky did. Get a new dream dress! Expand your wardrobe even further! Obtain any dream accessories/headwear/etc.! Become a lifestyle lolita? Wear Misty Sky consistently and proudly, it was your dream dress after all! Follow news, fashion shows, meets, and etc. by your favorite brands! There's a lot of things you can do to keep the interest going.

>> No.8397626
File: 108 KB, 640x480, tumblr_nk1tbmM9R01tezt7xo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>femanon that have a shut in life
>virgin and lots failed attempts of finding someone
>i should be like i was some years ago
>2D animu husbandos and visual kei guys
>and buying lolita items
>living le hikki life
>so no one could hurt me
>and shut it my heart totally not only myself from society
>escaping real life with fictional characters is better than hoping to be noticed by a rl senpai that first noticed you but after you aren't anymore his kohai
>gotta catch'em all feels
Accepting to never find your senpai is difficult. I wonder how much shut ins or hikki people are there on cgl, i bet many since it's 4chan.

>> No.8397635

>Order wig in April
>Follow the tracking, all is ok
>Hits customs
>Wait patiently for letter with the needed information to get it out of customs
>Send everything right
>It's still there
>It has been one month and half

I only need it by October, but I still need to dye and style it, I need my wig, imagine it comes in the wrong colour?

Customs have never been this evil to me

>> No.8397679

>>8394949
Anon, just hot glue more fur to the very bottom to cover visible foam, then stitch to the wig netting. This should take you 30 minutes tops.

>> No.8397688

>Just got my hands on my dream dress of 3 years last month
>mfw when my cat got diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago
>according to the vet he has 1-2 months to live
>mfw when I'd happily sell each and every one of my dresses if it meant we'd have the 10 more years I thought we'd have together

Still crying every day and can't imagine to wear anything fancy in the near future.

>> No.8397730
File: 18 KB, 635x352, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>visit a con where a good friend of mine hast gone to said con in years
>said friend passed away
>go to con anyway
>couldn't stop crying throughout the weekend until one of my other friends realized what happened and consoled me throughout the con

>> No.8397736

>>8397688
I'm so sorry anon. I wish there was something I could say to help but I know that hurts. I'm going to go hug my cats now...

>> No.8397785

>>8394490
Sounds like you all need group counselling. Have you considered it? Maybe it'll make your mom realize she's acting crazy about everything.

>> No.8397788

>>8397626
You know how to find your senpai. You gotta go out and actually experience the world. I was like you once and was afraid of getting hurt so I never went outside and never experienced life. But you'll never be happy that way. You have to go out, you have to meet people, and eventually you have to get hurt. It's part of life. You'll learn how to accept yourself and everything that goes on, and then it won't be so bad anymore. Life will be easier. Meeting guys you like will be easier. Finding your senpai will be possible.

You have to get up and try. And keep trying.

>> No.8397790

>really want to buy a dress
>its a replica
>feel terrible about it and end up not getting it
>because "what will the other lolitas say"
>still want the dress

>> No.8397804
File: 46 KB, 640x566, 10896893_708016715980441_2460233827631981339_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>That feel when I gained weight since last year so I can't fit into old cosplays
>Not "fat" but definitely borderline chubby/skinny
>Every day scared of going on /cgl/ to see photos of me being made fun of
>Still cosplay to cons but every time someone takes my picture I'm like "Why? So you can make fun of me online?!" in my head

If I could at least lose 10 pounds by July, I'll be happy. I guess it sorta helps that I don't have enough money to go out and buy food, and have to rely on fucking top ramen every day until then. However, I've had zero nutrition as a result and I don't exercise. I should probably exercise, haha.

>> No.8397807

>>8397788
Yeah, i know. Thing is... idk how to do it. It's a good advice but it's hard to achieve at the beginning.

>> No.8397813

Not exactly a feel but cosplay related and I want to share:
>working on cosplay
>watching an episode of dateline on youtube, it's a reality show about murders and stuff
>halfway through episode they show a pic of the victim
>she was a cosplayer (cosplaying fuuka from persona 3)
>holyshit

>> No.8397826
File: 2.09 MB, 340x255, Shia-LaBeouf-Just-Do-It.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397807
You just go out and do shit. Talk to people more. Small talk is hard and shit and I still struggle with it from time to time, but the more you do it the easier it gets.

Before I became more sociable, I volunteered at my local zoo. It was painful trying to talk to people about animals and educating adults and children alike. I barely knew how to talk to anybody, even people close to me. Animals were a safe medium, because I had a passion for them and if anything went bad I would just hug a nearby goat and feel a little better. There are times when I had to excuse myself to cry in the restroom because I was so awkward and my anxiety would take over. But I kept forcing myself to do it and eventually it became second nature. In turn, this helped me adapt to the outside more. I even got a couple retail jobs and those REALLY forced me to learn to talk to people. After that, everything got easier. Customer service is absolute shit but it really pushed me to improve my lifestyle. Not saying you gotta go to that sort of extreme (seriously customer service is fucking terrible), but you gotta push yourself a little to do the things you're not good at.

Can you volunteer anywhere as well? Join a club or two? There are probably places online that offer support and you can google some shit there first, so you can slowly get used to talking to people. Sometimes the way to get over something you're not good at, is to just do that thing. Do it until you're good at it, even if you fall and mess up every single time. Take some risks. Some people think they're happy in their little bubble where nothing can go wrong, but you're not actually "living" at that point. But things will get better over time. I don't mean to assume you're unsociable, whether that's the case or not. But I learned that the more you take the time to be around people, the easier a lot of things get in life.

>> No.8397837

>Really wanting a new dress for a meet up next month
>so on strict low budget eating regime
>go grocery shopping for the next week and a half
>dont feel like buying anything
>buy mostly sweets
>probably still spent too much

>> No.8397865

Does this count as feels? (orgasmic feels?)

Basically a bitch i hate has spent a tone of money on an order from a milanoo store front.
she's proceeding to tell everyone who super into Lolita she is and how experienced she is.

I'm laughing my little ass off so much i might need side replacement surgery.

good feels

>> No.8397870

>>8397826
Thank you for your suggestion!I get along with animals too but nearby there would be some cat or dogs shelters. Volunteer would be good, but i should check online. Or instead get a job and move from my town where i feel i'm in the middle of nowhere. Also... if i get into reading books would be a good thing and join clubs. Something that doesn't need special social interatcion and i can meet new friends. Btw, a blog would help me to improve social skills and meet people? I considered to get more into lolita and other jfashion and writing also good posts. Some people says becoming known online helped them to meet people.
Good thing you are pushing your bounduaries a bit to become more social!

>> No.8397906
File: 121 KB, 249x259, 1433824702932.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I did my first cosplay photoshoot last year at a con , and I loved it and loved getting good photos of my cosplay. My photographer was really kind and we found a great location for the shoot, so I ended up very happy with the results.

I wanted to schedule her again this year since she put up an advertisement for photoshoots so I shot her a message (via tumblr, tumblr's message system is a good bit fucky) and she hasn't responded and her blog hasn't updated.

I really liked her photos, but since she hasn't responded should I start looking for a new photog?

>> No.8397920

>>8397870
That's a good start. Just meet people who have things in common with you and it'll help too. Clubs would be a good start. Or can you volunteer at your local animal shelter or something? You'd be surprised how welcoming and understanding a lot of people can be. I dunno if it's just my area, but a lot of people accepted me for being who I was. I was really surprised.

A blog would help you sort your feelings out, but I think whether it'll help you or not depends on how many people would reply to it. Maybe if it's a part of a bigger community? I don't really know much about blogging so..

Talking to people online can only help so much. A lot of my past interactions with people were purely online, but I realized it didn't help much when I went out into the real world and couldn't talk to people the same way face to face. I think maybe if you eventually meet those people online offline? Of course you have to realize that some people are different online than they are in real life. I met up with some guildmates from an online game I used to play religiously at Anime Expo a few years back and they were completely different people. It's not like they were role-playing or whatever, it's just that a lot of them were more comfortable online than offline so they were super shy in real life. There's nothing wrong with socializing online, but remember to eventually take the next step and try things off the internet too.

>> No.8397937

>>8397906
See if you can find her photog Facebook? Most con photographer's have one and they're pretty easy to find, and it wouldn't be considered creepy or anything. Finding photographers who you really enjoy shooting with and give you good results is tough.

>> No.8397980

>>8394940

I have a biology degree and I tried work in both teaching and research. I ended up doing government work. The pay isn't the best but it's so easy and I have plenty of days off for cons. Where you at, anon? I'll hook you up.

>> No.8397995

>>8397165

Budget your specific spending categories. It helps me a lot with buying cosplay supplies and booking hotels.

>> No.8398018

>dad's a drunk rampaging lunatic
>mom's an anxiety-ridden lunatic who projects her insecurities about "looking poor" on me
>religious fervor and toxic masculinity sensibilities abound
>they're teaming up on me bc ??? who knows
>dad demolishes bedroom, soaks bed in cleaning chemicals to "teach me a lesson" about what, who knows
>fuck it im not dealing with this
>sleep over friends house until parents chill the fuck out
>mom freaks out, sends me countless messages trying to guilt trip me, asking why I hate her so much
>dad just sends me a bunch of insults
>get back a few days later to find that mom has gone through all my stuff, moved everything around
>HHHHHHHHHHHH
>threw a bunch of PERFECTLY FINE clothes away because bitch cray
>but let a bunch of old stuff stay
>no more exercise clothes
>down to a total of three bras, four panties, maybe 6 pairs of socks that I never wear and DONT EVEN FIT MY HUGEASS FEET
>my big socks were "unfeminine"
>fuck it I'm moving out in a few days anyways
>suddenly remember that I had a couple of pride buttons from an event at school in one of the drawers she went through
oh

SHIT

also about a year ago they had a "world's fair" event at school, I had my name written in Arabic on an index card for shits n giggles. a few weeks ago I came across it on her bedstand. At first she tried to pretend that she didn't know what was going on, but then she admitted that she thought I was joining a terrorist gang. SHE SERIOUSLY THOUGHT THAT I WAS JOINING A TERRORIST GANG

>> No.8398028

>>8398018
Please cut contact with your parents as soon as you can upon moving out. I would suggest not telling them exactly where you'll be if you haven't already. That's scary as fuck, not to mention just plain invasive and rude.

>> No.8398036

>>8398018
My dad wasn't that bad, but after my mom passed he'd get drunk and trash my room every once in a while and tried to break my computer and keyboard, yell, etc he's also bipolar.

I moved out into my boyfriend's house after the last and probably 6th? time trashing my room.
You really should do the same, that environment isn't mentally/emotionally healthy anon.

In my case my dad stopped drinking like an alcoholic and is taking meds. He's still bipolar and can be a bit of a dick, but it's not constant walking on glass and emotional abuse now.

>> No.8398049

>>8395920
if anecdotal evidence will help sway you anon i took that shit for a year and the worst thing that happened to me was SEVERELY!!!!! chapped lips lol

>> No.8398103

>hella fat
>go on a diet for about a month now
>working out
>only managed to loose like 5 pounds
>wtf am i doing wrong
>this is more depressing than just being fat
>maybe i'll just eat ice cream and be a fat and happy cosplayer than deal with this miserable shit

this is tough, i've put more effort in this past month than I have in my entire life and im just fucking sad

>captcha image is fucking ice cream

>> No.8398111

>>8398103
Keep up what you're doing. Losing weight is tough and takes time. Those 5 pounds are something to be proud of. Don't give up!

>> No.8398113

>>8398103

are you drinking enough water, anon? also keep an eye on your measurements!

>> No.8398116

>>8398103
5 pounds your first month ain't bad. 1-2 pounds a week is usually the recommended healthy amount, unless you're very obese, in which case you can lose more and be fine. Keep it up.

>> No.8398126
File: 235 KB, 480x368, a fattychan's woes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398103
Anon, are you me? I've been riding the 155 lb line for around two years and no matter what I do I can't go below 145. Does anyone know if weight is supposed to fluctuate as much as 15-20 lb? That does not sound normal but I have no idea what could be causing it.

Lolita related feel so the thread doesn't go too offtopic:

>falls in love with secret clove
>cannot find their measurement chart for the life of me
>tries to rack up money for their letter in a bottle jsk anyways
>currently no job so kinda difficult, babysitting for money
>builds up enough spare change to pay for dress, ss, customs, etc.
>no dress in my size.
>tfw I don't even feel that fat tho
>mfw

>capcha: accepted the taj mahal as food

>> No.8398127

>>8398126
*precious clove
sorry I'm a dumbass

>> No.8398133

>>8396136
Want to be my new friend or something?
>tfw I'm a desperate AF lone lolita

>> No.8398184

>>8397920
Yeah, i planned that but to meet people like me is easier first online and after meet them offline. I live in a small city so there aren't many places to meet like minded people. Btw did you met them first by skype? Isn't like rl but you can see how people are more or less. I met awesome people online that lasted a lot as friends and still last, but getting a partner is hard online and offline too. Not gonna get one for now, because i need to feel less depressed and maybe more socially active. It's a pity my university hasn't some clubs to join, otherwise i would.

>> No.8398190

>>8397980
Not them, but what do you work in and how is it? I've been trying to get a bio internship for two summers with shit luck

>> No.8398192

>>8392065
>Can't wear cute headbands because glasses+headband=world of pain
>can't wear cute hairstyles because of layers and lack of length
>don't want to wear a wig because it takes too long to pin up my thick BSL hair, it sits awkwardly on my head and it's uncomfortable
>want cute everyday hairstyles to wear with my casual jfash
>can't do anything other than an English braid because I'm stupid and there's no-one to braid my hair
I just want to be kawaii
I even thought about doing those cute elf half-updos with fishtail braids and whatnot but you always need someone to do those for you and I don't know anyone who could. I can't do them myself because I haven't got a mirror.

And those yoga headbands don't come in cute patterns, the closest I could find was some granny-kei shite

>> No.8398447
File: 21 KB, 365x368, Too tired for this shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's a con tommorrow and i want to attend but
>Haven't bought train tickets yet
>The train leaves way too late and also arrives way too late in the night
>No cosplays ready (not like i would cosplay, but a ok closet cosplay would be nice, or something character related)
>Enough money to eat and get a place from a friend, but not enough to buy con things
>not sure about when and how ill come back home
>hella stressed about this bc i would meet a rly cool friend and i don't want to miss this chance
> still not sure if this is a good idea but i really want to go and chill
>Can't go to sleep bc, did i mention, stressed

tl:dr; i want to go to a con, but not sure if ill manage and i'm hella stressed

>> No.8398476

>>8398447
You haven't done any ground work so just drop it. Sounds like you don't have enough resources to pull this off anyway

>> No.8398486

>friend informs me she's bought a kuma pochette
>happy for her, this is her first piece of brand
>ask her how she plans to coord it
>"oh anon, i'm not planning to wear it, i just wanted it as a plush toy"
>"i've named him chocula"
>mfw

>> No.8398507

>>8398476
Yeah, that's what i thought. Might just see if there's any other events later / other excuses to meet that one cool friend.

Protip; do the fucking ground work in time

>> No.8398512

>keep seeing great shoe prices on LM
>25cm monster feet
>why can't I be petite and beautiful

>> No.8398525

>>8397189
I'm having this feel right now
> took me a year to finally land a job b/c no former work experience
> work my ass off for a year there but have to quit because of health problems
> spent a year recovering and getting things sorted out, ready to work again
> store manager no longer works at that location, nowhere to be found
> no one who works there now worked with me back then
> how the fuck am i supposed to prove i even worked here now?!

>> No.8398535

>>8398512
My feet are bigger than yours and I'm a fattychan.
Does that make you feel better?

>ordered a cream blouse from Floral Notebook
>it's my first time ordering and they are gonna be closing soon
>wait months
>blouse comes today
>it's yellow
>not cream.
>IT's FUCKING YELLOW.
>the fit is perfect, the construction is great, but it's yellow.
I have no idea what to do.
I sent them a message about it, but I'm just at a stand still right now.

>> No.8398563
File: 115 KB, 498x549, edb446b67d69adbfe9a21068982000c2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8396959
If someone hits on you just say thanks and then keep walking. If it's creepy catcalling just ignore it.
If someone is very insistant just say "sorry, but I have a boyfriend" and walk away, or if they really piss you off say "fuck off."
Also, pretending to text can deter dudes from talking to you since you look occupied. Or if someone keeps it up, do the murder walk past them and ignore them, that way you don't have to deal with them.
I'm the same as you, I couldn't really be bothered to fix myself up when I was younger, but once I hit college I began to put in some effort. I didn't regularly wear makeup (too tired, no time) but I guess I'm pretty enough without it. I'm kind of anxious in social settings, so I just do the murder walk a lot of times when I'm in public so no one bothers me, and lo and behold I don't walk into anyone. It can also sometimes have the reverse affect, like people looking at you just because you're not slouching. You instantly look 100xs better when you walk back straight and confident.
Just be confident in yourself and politely reject them. "Sorry, but I already have feelings for someone else, we've been dating for a while."
"I have a boyfriend" is always a classic.

>> No.8398564

>>8397937
I ended up doing this and she's booked up even though I messaged her super early after she listed her ad. Thanks for the advice though!

>> No.8398581

>>8397189
>>8398525

polite sage for offtopic, but I've been out of school for a year and haven't looked for a job yet. I got slammed really hard with depression after I graduated and haven't really been able to do much of anything until a month or so ago. I'm at the point now though where I'm about ready to rework my portfolio and get a part time job to tide me over (and get the money to move to the city) but do you guys think I will be a less desired candidate for jobs because I didn't do anything for a year? I have prior work experience and I'm actually pretty darn good at what I want to do, but my siblings keep telling me that employers aren't going to want to hire me because they will ask "Oh well what did you do in the past year" and I will look lazy...

>> No.8398585

>been heavily debating on not going to a con/cosplaying year due to money issues
>sad because i only go to one con a year and do one costume a year
>past three years nothing i feel passionate about/not into anything, but finally find a character i can do and i love
>pumped af
>some parts of it I can reuse from old costumes (socks, shoes)
>maybe I can still make it and ghost the con?
>tear through the house looking for said items
>can't find them
>most likely thrown away by my parents after we moved/were evicted like 3 fucking times

>sad af but hey at least I have my lenses and I don't have to pay for those!
>check my circle lenses
>dry as the sahara desert

I didn't....... want to cosplay.. anyways.........

unrelated feels but poorfag feels nonetheless
>get an email from my abroad advisor this morning saying that my visa is going to be delayed/possibly rejected because i don't have enough money to prove i can financially support myself abroad
>fucking pissed because of course i don't thats what my financial aid is for you faggots
>mad because i didn't even want to study abroad that badly but they assured me it'd be an easy process and that everything would be covered.... but I've literally jumped through a million fucking hoops and paid way much more money in applications than I thought I would.
>if i don't get to go i will literally Kill A Man

I'm so tired of being a poorfag /cgl/, I need to find a sugardaddy or something lmfao.

>mfw this post takes like 10 minutes to send because parents haven't paid bill for the internet and its being shitty as fuck

>> No.8398608

>>8398103
>>8398126
don't be a lazy fatass and just count your calories

>> No.8398614

>>8398563

As a guy who has had his share of rejections maybe I can offer my own perspective.

The worse thing you can do is panic or freeze up. I would rather get a "Who the fuck are you to talk to me?" look than the uncomfortable silence when a girl doesn't know what to do making it awkward for both of us.

The actual words you say in the rejection aren't important most of the time, most guys will read the situation and accept them as a white lie. If you think the person is the type that is going to look for inconsistencies as if they can debate you into going out with them then you need to be blunter and firmer in your rejection.

This is one reason why I would rather ask out a really hot girl, they tend to have more practice so afterwards you don't feel like crap.

>> No.8398620

>>8398581

Employers look really hard at these gaps. You need to fill it with something. Get an internship or volunteer position in your field, something to show that you're being active.

>> No.8398662

>>8398103

Whoa whoa whoa, the safe recommended weight loss is a pound a week. You're one pound lighter than you safely should be.

You're doing just fine anon.

>> No.8398811

>>8398581
Make up something, say you were abroad and volunteered at random little places they wouldn't be able to get a hold of for references.
>2015
>not lying on your resume

>> No.8398882

>>8397826
TWG?

>> No.8398884

>>8397626
I'm semihikki and I'm sure there are a ton of suitable guys out there, it's just that they're all probably inside. ;_;

>> No.8398888

>>8398884
>they're all probably inside. ;_;
I know that feel.

>> No.8399140

>>8392065
>getting overtime
>gonna finally buy something off of my wishlist
>I'm so excited I could cry

>> No.8399174 [DELETED] 

>>8392065
>tfw would not want to camwhore
>not ugly, but don't want to ruin things for others
>already taken and it just wouldn't be proper
>but want to cosplay and dress like a little girl

>> No.8399198

>roommate/ex bf unexpectedly fired from job
>"at least you have the $1000 I made you save up from your pay checks"
>"yeah about that...no I spent that shit"
>he's had money problems since we met
>he fucks around for two months, not applying to jobs
>he knows I would never kick someone out to be homeless
>have to get into multiple huge fights before he actually applies to anything
>misses interviews, doesn't make an effort to even shave when he does go
recently
>mom calls, "anon how come it says you keep making multiple charges at Walmart on the same day"
>investigates, he had been using MY CREDIT CARD meant for emergencies to buy junk food without asking me and eating it when I'm not home
>big deal cause we have no food except rice and potatoes every day
>"your mom is rich, I didn't think she would care if I bought small stuff, when I had money i gave you money when you wanted stuff"
>yeah but I fucking asked when I borrowed money
>and have had to skip out on lolita meet ups to save cash, completely depleted scholarship money I was going to use to study abroad/for burando
>he only apologizes to end conversation, says he'll stop
Not a week later..
>rent, bills drying up my bank account
>check credit card to see if I have enough to buy ticket to cheapass convention
>.. unexplained charge
>find out he used my credit card again today to buy food for a homeless person
>tries to guilt me when I'm pissed he is essentially stealing from me AGAIN
>"I was doing something nice"
>FUCKER I did something nice, you essentially stole my money so you could feel warm fuzzies by proxy
>ofc he guilt trips me for not caring about homeless ppl
>me, a person who volunteers at food bank/local non-profits when he refuses to volunteer with me
>so done

He owes me thousands from now and before but I'm still can't knowingly make someone homeless. I can't event rant to any friends cause I know I'm getting stepped on. I feel like I'm trapped.

>> No.8399201

>>8399198
You're being used and hung out to dry. Kick that fucker out to show him you mean business. If you feel that bad, drop him at the homeless shelter you work at. He's a dropkick, don't let him drag you down with him.

>> No.8399210

>>8399198
Oh my god anon okay PLEASE cancel your current credit card and get a new one, tell your bank your roommate has been stealing yours and you need new info, and do not let your new card out of your site. Keep it locked up, or on your person at all times or something.
Second, you could possibly take him to small claims court if you have a record of the things he has bought/borrowed
But literally NO anon do not be afraid to kick this guy out, he lied to you, been going through your stuff and stealing from you, those are more than enough justifiable reasons to kick his ass out of your home. If your friends don't understand that then fuck them, they can take him in if they feel bad for him. He doesn't deserve any sympathy, and you're letting him trample on you. There is no reason he should be using your money for ANYTHING. Seriously that's fucked up. Don't be soft with that asshole.

>> No.8399213

>>8399210
I'm sorry I'm on mobile and that rant is chock full of spelling and grammar issues, but point stands. Don't let this guy ruin your life anon.

>> No.8399229

>>8398620
>>8398811
I was going to tell them how I was home to help my dad, because he did get injured and had to get knee surgery, so I was pretty much running the house for my parents for a few months to help them out. Do you think it would also work if I said I took comissions online during this time? I also did this volunteer collab thing for a year and it ended in November. I would really like to do an internship or something but no one seems to take people who are outside of college...

>> No.8399244

>>8399198
Holy shit grow a fucking pair and kick his ass out. If he's put you thousands of dollars in debt then get his ass out of your life. Homeless shelters exist for a reason and they help people get jobs. At this point in time it's better for him to have someone at the homeless shelter hold his hand to get him work, than for him to sit around and know you're too much of a little bitch to actually do anything about him, and he'll just keep taking advantage of you. Also he can just go to his parent's house or couch surf with friends, he won't actually be homeless, just mooching off of someone else. Stop mollycodling him when he's stealing from you and draining you financially like that.
Jesus christ girl. Put an ad on Craigslist or something and go look for another roommate.

>> No.8399313

>Finally post in suggestion thread after bitching out for 3 threads
>See another cosplayer
>10/10 would marry
>Ask them to email me and they do
>Skype a few times a week, turns into once a day
>Turns out they're have the exact same interests and hobbies outside of cosplay
>Both attracted to each other
>Wind up skyping all day and hanging out for weeks
>New best friend
>Discuss meeting up and dating
>tfw we live on opposite sides of the US

feels bad man

>> No.8399341
File: 118 KB, 1280x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>that feel when monthly girls nozaki-kuns ending

>> No.8399362

>>8399313
I wish this would happen to me. Everytime I try to talk to someone from here they act all creeped out, and quit returning my messages.

>> No.8399384

>>8399313
I'm actually jealous of people who find love online.. I'm shyer on the computer/over the phone than I am in real life. It'd be nice to know that a romantic love interest was ok with my "weirdo" hobbies from the start. Part of my anxiety about commitment is that bringing someone home might mean they see my collection of lolita clothes the first day.

>> No.8399389

>>8399244
This type of thinking regarding homeless shelters pisses me off. You clearly know nothing.

>> No.8399420 [DELETED] 

>tfw not a trap or tranny but may as well be

>> No.8399428

>>8399420
just remember it's pronounced 'Kathleen'

>> No.8399442 [DELETED] 

>>8399428
I don't know anyone by that name.

>> No.8399466

>>8399198
How spineless, think you can lend me 1k? I'll pay you back :^)

>> No.8399501

I know this seems to be a typical feels post, but

>Early May
>Fiancee saved up and bought my dream burando and told me to wear it during our picnic date by the light house that weekend
>He proposed to me that day
>Happiest woman in the world to have such a sweet man
>He was always there for me when I was going through the worst periods of my life
>He's perfect
>Just fucking caught him cheating on me yesterday with some random woman he met the same day
>Claims he didn't do it
>Finally admitted after letting him know I knew it was him
>Spent the day in bed throwing up and sobbing uncontrollably

>> No.8399514
File: 15 KB, 300x225, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8399501
There...err there.
I have to say, if you were thinking he was perfect, he duped you (obviously) but I mean he was projecting an image he tailored for you. It's sociopathic, and I promise once you..digest it, you will feel fucking great for dodging that bullet. Same thing happened to me this may, except i proposed during our trip to oaska, and switch all the sexes around. And the guy she was with was one of my best friends, so a two-for one feels special.
I've gotten a dog since and am drawing again
Baby steps, keep busy, don't stop being busy, is my advice.

>> No.8399533

>>8399501
Bruh... Anon you have my condolences. No one deserves to go through that kind of shit..

>> No.8399547

>>8399501
>>8399514
I'm so sorry anons... That's like my greatest fear, I can't even begin to imagine how dreadful you must feel

>> No.8399666

>>8398190

I work for a public health office. Most of my work is driving to restaurants and schools and evaluating the staff on anything that can spread disease and making corrections. The work load is pretty damn light and there is little supervision. It's not very glamorous, but its a decent job. A lot of bigger cities have internships but you might be able to be hired straight into a position in a smaller town. Downside is you might end up in a sewer department instead of food/water/pollution.

>> No.8399764

>haven't been to a con in years
>tempted to go to a local con
>always boring when I did go
>might be more fun if I got a room
>decisions

Help me gulls, should I do it?

>> No.8399767

>>8399389
How is it wrong? You pay a fee sometimes to stay in homeless shelters, they aren't always free. Sometimes it's something like $10 or $15. Depending on the city you're in, they have counselers available that help coach you in creating a resume and how to go about doing the job application process. Some shelters even have nice workers who will lend people there suits. Fuck off, I know about homeless shelters.

>> No.8399843

>>8399764
might be more fun if you make friends
seriously, any con is better with friends

>> No.8400587

>>8398884
>>8398888
I'm glad i'm not alone. All the perfect guys are only in our minds.
>feel bad man

>> No.8400602
File: 51 KB, 500x378, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8399547
It was mine too. I was with her since may of 2010, and I guess their affair started in 2013 when I went to London. When I got back stateside we had dinner together with his gf and the hypothetical struck me. Just popped in there. Then 2 ish years later, a month ago, he comes over and gets way too tipsy watching game of thrones. he spills his guts, about how guilty he feels but also how he loves her and can't let me marry her. she darts into the hall ballroom and locks the door. our fight about it was thus follows "so you really did it? yes but accodentally! For two years? im sorry im sorry etc."
The ring is already returned, and here I am, my husky and drawing desk facing the open window and summer rain.
I was terrified of this months ago, now I don't want to ever move again.
But I suppose that's a new set of problems, I cannot even fathom lettin someone into this house again.
It takes so little for so much to be wasted and lost, just can't do that again.

>> No.8400649

>>8399764
Do you maybe have any friends that would like to go with you? Small cons are fun when you're with friends.

>> No.8400676
File: 29 KB, 477x260, 07.24.2014_22.12.13.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8400602
Jesus... I'm so sorry.
I'm not even scared of being cheated on per se, I don't care if I'm with someone for some months and they turn out to be a massive wanker who sticks his cock into everything with a vagina. Good riddance, I say!

But to string someone along for 2-3 years, gain their trust, make them believe you actually care for their feelings and then do something like that, that's just despicable.

I get even hopelessly falling in love with someone, you can't control your emotions but then just break up before you do something retarded. This is just cruel, going behind your SO's back.

I've had such shite luck with both friends and (both) boyfriends, I'm sure there's lovely people out there but I'm too scared of ending up with some retard again. Especially now that less and less people (particularly men) want to get married and many guys I've talked to expect a nympho gymnast in bed.

Worst thing is when they claim it had been an 'accident'... You accidéntally tripped and fell on his cock? Surely it takes more steps than that to cheat on someone...

Virtual hugs for both of you ,_,

>> No.8400678

>>8399767
Yeah, my local homeless shelter had a program like this too. They also offered counseling, and we have a women's only shelter too that offers help and counseling as well.

>> No.8400749

>>8400676
It was a harsh lesson that most people view sex and love as two separate things. which is fine, but not me. Someday things will be better.

>> No.8400790
File: 71 KB, 250x195, objection2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's not really a board-related feel,
>have really bad game rage
>I cuss, throw shit, and ragequit if I'm playing vidya by myself
>been this way ever since I was a kid
>I'm 23, I'm supposed to be "mature" so being a sore loser is really embarrassing as it is
>I control it pretty well if I'm in a group of friends/acquaintances
>bf lives with me however so he gets to see my full deal
>the first year we dated I played non-competitive sim games like Harvest Moon or easy MMOs so my temper was never brought to the forefront
>lately we've been playing harder MMOs and competitive fighting games so it's been flaring up
>last night I ragequit
>threw a gaming guide straight across the room and yelled after I got btfo'd by a boss
>full-on 'AHHHHHHUUUAHHHAAAA!'
>bf has some weird PTSD about yelling women >grew up in a home with an absent father and abusive sisters/a mother who would yell
>bf flinched and left the room when I raged
>he came back later
>tried to explain I'm not angry at him, just the game and it's nothing directed at him
>still contests that there isn't a reason to yell
>nignog I know, dammit
>he insists he fight me in one fighting game that pisses me off extremely
>I tell him I don't want to play against him and would rather avoid it because I'll get too damn angry
>the last time we played I got mad because he spams combos
>I hated how I felt but I couldn't make light and just have fun
>kicked his ass hard and really rubbed it in his face
>...maybe took it too far with the competitiveness
>the butthurt in his eyes
>mfw can't have fun playing hard vidya with the bf because anger and immaturity

>> No.8400808

>>8399501
I do hope your dream burando was expensive as hell just so you can get back at him

>> No.8400834

>>8400790
aww, poor little pussboi, i wish i could find one.
you need to be careful, or you'll break yours.
unlike a controller, they be illusive.

>> No.8400973

> get stain on lolita
> Baby's Alice Halloween in cream
> No big deal it's happened before
> It'll wash right out
> Laundry time
> better use my trusty stain remover
> Damn Starbucks and their Caramel hot chocolate
> Give Jsk a good spritzing
> Immediate smell of bleach
> Print literally disappears before my eyes
> What.The.Fuck
> freak the fuck out
> in tears
> turns out dad needed a spray bottle to clean shit so he emptied the stain remover one filled it with bleach and put it right back where he found it without fucking telling anyone
> I'm still crying

>> No.8400981

>>8400973
Oh god anon, I'm so sorry.

>> No.8400985

>>8400790
Just quit playing vidya. Problem solved.

But seriously, you sound a lot like my friend who rages at every aspect of cosplay and receives no joy from it at all yet continues at it. Maybe some vidya just aren't meant for you.

>> No.8400993

>>8400973
gurl he better buy you two more dresses

>> No.8400998
File: 733 KB, 500x212, giphy-641[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8400973

>> No.8401197

>>8399767
I have a few friends, but we all go to different colleges. Might just go and make new ones.... but just spent the ticket money on a dress I'd hunted for for months.

>> No.8401457

>>8400790
Stop acting like a little kid and grow up. Seek therapy and learn new ways to cope with your frustration.
Somehow at some point in your life you learned that yelling and screaming is the best way to deal with things, but clearly that's not entirely true. You need to learn another way to handle those emotions or else you're going to be a single pissbaby for the rest of your life, and no one will want to play vidya with you.

>> No.8401473

>>8398184
Well they had a Vent, so I knew what they sounded like. And they had pictures.

...now that you mention it that was a very dangerous situation I put myself in, ha. But I was younger then and really stupid. At least everything turned out ok, more or less.

What kind of a university has no clubs? Well, anyway, I'm sure there are other ways to search for groups. You'd also be surprised on what you can find on Facebook. A lot of local groups and events will often advertise on Facebook. Even if you don't have a faggy account like the rest of the world, it won't hurt to look.

>> No.8401474

>>8400790
I'm maybe...slightly like you? I don't scream and rampage but I do get butthurt if I lose on a competitive game. I try to hide it as much as possible though.

I just stick to Pokemon, and Kirby, and all types of derp games so I don't get angry. You should just go back to that too.

>> No.8401525
File: 38 KB, 643x425, 1421953895127.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>trying to get meetup attendance back up
>trying to organise more frequent meets
>only person going to event today's meetup was originally centered around
>not pulling out because I paid for the ticket
>hit and miss turn out at meetups overall
>people pulling out of meetups the day before
>worried that I'm doing a shit job as admin
>now this

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and now I'm just afraid that more people are going to pull out of meeting up later. I feel like the worst admin, but I still don't know what I should be doing instead. For one meetup, I did give little notice, and that was completely fair on people for not turning out, it was my bad, but for other meets I just don't know. I really want to organise an afternoon tea this summer, since we do one every year, but I'm just terrified that I'll take numbers, book ahead, and everyone will pull out the day before. My confidence was knocked a bit last year when I spent a few weeks putting together a meetup that everyone expressed interest in, it would've been our big end-of-summer meet. I traveled alone there to check everything out, had prices for everything from travel to lunch afterwards, it was all pretty cheap for what it was, and everyone pulled out a week or two before.
My head is still stuck in my first meetup with the comm a few years ago, where there was a huge turnout and I was in awe of everyone, but so many of those people have either left Lolita, left the comm, or just don't show anymore. I guess I'm comforted by the fact that the people who are starting to come to meets a lot are those who are either newer in the community or who didn't used to come along as often before, so it's sort of like a new generation trickling in. I love my comm, I really do, and I hope we're about to hit some sort of participation renaissance or something.

>> No.8401547
File: 280 KB, 452x710, 1426719274960.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>meet girl at uni
>pretty big into cosplay
>ask her to see avengers 2, she says yes
>talk about her cosplay, ask what she's working on atm
>says she's just started on a lady thor cosplay
>offer to help her with it, she accepts
>go to her house later that week
>help her cut fabrics, mold paper mache, etc
>order pizza, having a good time
>sudenly doorbell rings
>her fucking boyfriend walks in
>asks who I am, she says I'm just a guy helping with her cosplay
>he shrugs and walks off
>she says that he thinks cosplay is nerdy and stupid
>go home, drink myself to sleep

>> No.8401597

>>8395411
>It's good that there's people who are able to ignore it, but I can't, so I'm doing what's best for me and leaving.

How go you think those people got to the point of being able to live with negativity?

Do you think they got it by running away?

If you avoid negativity every time you see it, you will never truly examine yourself, you will never be able to grow as a person, and you will never grow thick skin against those who will go out of their way to hurt you.

4chan is training grounds for the cruelty of the real world. You don't have to like it, but it will make you stronger.

Running away never will.

>> No.8401633

>See dream dress on japanese auction site, price is still low so chances are high and I'm willing to go all out
>only 48h left
>instantly sent mail to Chibi
>24h later no reponse from Chibi

Oh lolita god mana-sama hear my prayings and let her see my mail in time!

>> No.8401653

>>8401633
She's insanely busy, but good luck anon.
Why not try yourself with fromjapan?

>> No.8401656

>>8401633
she's talking to me atm, she's doing invoices so she'll be with you soon anon!

so I'm not offtopic

>con coming up in a couple of months
>want to go
>but ex-bf and his bro run a table there
>feel so sick whenever i see something I used to associate with him
>I need new friends

>> No.8401660

>>8401547
Boo hoo muh entitlement
Moving on from that, wouldn't it be cool to have her as a friend anyway? She probably needs a cosplay friend if her bf isn't into it. Not to mention having a female friend works wonders for meeting more girls, as long as she is a good wingman.

>> No.8401664

>>8401547
If you want to get into someone's pants and have no interest of befriending them - don't befriend them. Try to make it clear that you're romantically interested and whatever you invite her to do is meant as a date. Don't expect her to understand that helping her make costumes is your idea of a first date.

>> No.8401680
File: 327 KB, 810x1024, 1711414.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>that very hard to describe feel when

>> No.8401682

>>8401597
Stop trying to make yourself feel better about shitposting on this retarded board, it's her choice.
You sound like those alcoholics who get offended when you say you're straight edge. Fucking cut it out.

>> No.8401684

>>8401547
>how DARE she not be attracted to me when she's got a boyfriend!
You're a terrible person for pretending to be her friend just so you could get into her pants. Kill yourself.

>> No.8401698

>>8401457
>seek therapy over video games
Lmao, or they could just not play you tool.

>> No.8401699

>>8401682
Being straight edge does not prepare someone well for the day that eventually comes, when something which is fucked up enough happens so that the only way to get over it is to regularly get drunk for a while, to help facilitate a sort of psychological regression back to before it happened. I know this, I was one of those people who would not touch alcohol as a teenager or during my early 20s. Only this year have I regularly been drunk.

>>8401597
What if we're already so used to the cruelty of the real world due to seeing it personally that, we don't need it on our screens too?

>no1 on 4chan haz a life, i hav 2 play psychologist and make them suffer xD

Why would every single person on this site be a loser NEET who is either fat or has to be very careful not to become fat? Also, some people are able to eliminate negativity from their lives, it is not necessarily something someone has to live with. You're just a sadist who wants an excuse.

>>8395278
Life really is what you make of it, especially on the internet.

>> No.8401705

>>8401698
HAHAHAHAHAHA. People seek therapy over video games?

>tfw video games and alcohol has been like actual therapy to recover from therapy that was so bad it made me more crazy

Real life provides most people with plenty of things to be upset about.

>> No.8401708

>>8401699
Good for you for being a spineless alcoholic, but real adults face their problems instead of seeking solace in a bottle of booze

>> No.8401710

>>8401708
Someone I'm not seeing anymore and their stupidity isn't my problem anymore. I needed to drink away my digust at the fact someone was actually as stupid as someone I regularly encountered in real life for a while.

>> No.8401712

>>8401705
Because getting upset over a video game isn't necessarily a life crisis you idiot. There are plenty of things in my life that make me angry that I choose to avoid because I'm an adult.

But hey, if you want to sit in a waiting room next to people with depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses because a fighting game made you throw a tantrum (like that's some wild, uncommon reaction) then be my guest.

>> No.8401713

>>8401712
Oh and I apologize because I read your post wrong. I thought you were the same anon defending that with sarcasm.

>> No.8401715

>>8401712
>Because getting upset over a video game isn't necessarily a life crisis you idiot.

Yeah, no shit.

>There are plenty of things in my life that make me angry that I choose to avoid because I'm an adult.

Same.

>But hey, if you want to sit in a waiting room next to people with depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses because a fighting game made you throw a tantrum (like that's some wild, uncommon reaction) then be my guest.

You seem to have interpreted sarcasm/satire where there was absolutely none. It seems we're in agreement.

Also, I'm not the person you were talking to before, and thought I should mention that. I hope I haven't been rude.

>> No.8401716

>>8401713
lol

I should scroll up and read the whole argument, that sounds insane.

>> No.8401718

>>8401715
Yep. Sorry.

>> No.8401721

>>8400790
Stop being a kid and grown the fuck up. I feel so bad for your bf. You are brining back horrible memories for him and yes you aren't mad at him, but what happens if your Oh wo ragequit turns on him and u hurt him? You are very abusive and really need to seek medical help and therapy and your boyfriend really needs to possibly leave your abusive ass. Not posting it on 4chan.

>> No.8401729

>>8401721
>yell at a video game
>YOU WILL HIT YOUR BF JUST WAIT
Lol, people on 4chan are being retarded today.

>> No.8401731
File: 20 KB, 598x335, BcbzkprCUAAgyY9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8401729
Nah, seagulls just like trying to break up relationships. They're like those harpy bar-squatters you see sneering at happy couples and secretly wishing they'd die.

>> No.8401746

>>8400790
>you are 20+ and ragequit video games

That never happens to me. Sometimes, though, after a while, I'll be like 'in this game, I fight the bad guys, and save the world, and in real life, I am sitting here, looking at a screen and pushing buttons', and that little moment of self-awareness and self-consciousness will bring me back to thinking about my life. Also, I only play video games by myself, since I mostly play single-player games, and as for multi-player games, of course I have no experience at those games, so it's a given that if I played those games socially, I would just get wrekt over and over again, so I just don't. You are kind of the opposite of me.

Also, you are very inconsiderate to your bf.

>> No.8401757

>>8400790
Reminds me of a friend I had in my high school circle who insisted nobody argue or yell around her because she was reminded of her divorced parents arguing.

Maybe you could tone down your rage, but then again, maybe your bf could also learn that certain games make you more angry than others and just not be around you during that time. My bf rages on certain PC games, so if I don't like his attitude I just find something else to do until he's done. We're not attached to the hip, and if we want to we can find stuff to do independently.

>> No.8401769
File: 939 KB, 392x292, 1423241535026.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8401656
I fear she won't I still got no reply and it's about 11pm in japan. All my sadness.

>>8401653
would do but it's on mbok

>> No.8401832

>>8393471
Update I've managed to spend almost half of my savings account in mostly lolita-related stuff and feeling guilty but still unable to stop.

>> No.8401856

>>8392501
Mine is like this too. He wants perfection, but won't hone his creative skills (or start them) to even try and throws a fit when faced with a creative challenge that he can't do perfectly the first time.

I feel like he's never happy with what I make for him either, and he tells me to do it better and when I ask what specifically is wrong with it he's just "I don't know! I don't do this stuff!"

Is this why we rarely have cosfamous men who do anything themselves?

>> No.8401879

>>8397145
Cool, someone spilling their own personal gossip.

>> No.8401884

>>8398133
ill be ur friend yo
my skypes mouoshimaida

>> No.8402018

>>8397870
Online interaction does help, but it might be better to join an IRC channel or play a TTRPG online or such. Blogs aren't really direct communication, and a lot of blog sites are invested with tumblr types who will molly coddle you and probably prevent you making any meaningful progress on overcoming your anxiety by drowning you in sympathy (the same way people who go overboard with "love your body" stuff are extremely harmful to overweight people who might otherwise be fixing their weight problems).

>> No.8402028

>>8398525

Your work should have files on you still, and when you put down the experience, you put down the dates you worked from.
if the manager is all "oh, I joined last August" and you quit in July, they're not going to expect him to know you.

>> No.8402218

>>8397145
So you admit that you cheated and that there are nudes? lel

>> No.8402226

>>8398563
>look like a potato all my life
>start taking care of myself and wearing makeup
>all right, time to get me a man!
>still ugly, still not being hit on
well that sure taught me a lesson

>> No.8402412

Since the thread is gonna 404 anyways this isnt cgl related but this is happening to an online friend who is one of my inspo's for gal makeup/lifestyle.
>she makes a personal venting post of how her female friend bartered with her rapist to get her intoxicated and assaulted at a party in her friends locked car while the friend waited and laughed at her screaming for help
>post was personal but she addressed and criticized tumblr's hugbox mentality of complimenting women because "all wimmins are saints and need luv via asspets" to whit some people agreed and reblogged
>"oh shit here it goes" i thought when people reblogged
>cue rad fem transtrender assault victim thinking she was using assault as a metaphor
>spergs out for a good hour against this girl and all whom defend her
>gal op tries to diffuse situation (her assault happened years ago and shes healed as well as you can with being betrayed by a friend through sexual assault)
>sperglord addresses her via their (sperglords) personal blog calling her scat pile and how she used assault as a "metaphor" to criticize the holy tumblr
>gal op is pretty much forced to retell her experiences because the mob approaches
Sorry I needed to get it off my chest because this girl was pretty much corned by another victim and this hits home for me since the amount of irony makes me cringe at the world and delete my tumblr.
Sage for OT

>> No.8402655

>>8401473
I'm an Eurofag, where i live my uni is so normie and dull, lol.Yes, i see at times events but it's really difficult to find by location. I should try to find people in cosplay o lolita groups instead and check their location, so i can befriend them.
Some says when you meet people online to wait and see how they are, usually i never had problems but you can bring a friend or a relative to meet this person if you want to feel safer.
>>8401473
I use a lot fb, but it's ages i dont go in RPG online games, it's a good suggestion!Well... tumblr at times is really "let it be and ignore your problems rather love them" instead of give a real help. I know already that and i'm not into this, just posting pics of kawaii stuff and myself. Too much SJW.
>>8401731
>i'm guilty to be like this cause i can't have one by myself
>i'm an horrible person

>> No.8403755

>tfw will never be a girl

>> No.8404240

>>8402226
You shouldn't be wearing makeup just to get a man in the first place, you wear it for yourself.

>> No.8404243

>Feels threads are banned
>Let's just make ones that are strictly /cgl/ related!
>Most of thread is crying about non /cgl/ related personal issues

Wow

>> No.8405163
File: 77 KB, 504x470, kill urself.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8399666
>sophomore bio major
>read this
Excuse me while I email the registrar.

Meanwhile:
>put together small wardrobe of seifuku-type clothes (blouses, bows, skirts, etc)
>go outside
>weeb sister: "Anon you look like a freak, stop."
>normie parents: "Anon you look so cute!"
>

>> No.8405241

>>8405163
Seriously, Jesus. I want a career in research working in a lab, but if that's my future might as well just kill myself now.

>> No.8405526

>tfw i think i might be gay
>fuck
>really don't want to be gay
>don't want to imagine my family's faces when they see that i'm with another girl
>on top of that my mom said "fun jobs don't make you money" today
>aka she's going to force me to go to pharmacy school still
>was going to talk to her about it, nope not anymore

I can't fucking see myself being a pharmacist or any medical shit. It's not for me. I fucking hate being smart and coming from a successful medical family. I want to do something that I'll enjoy, something where I can create. Whenever I think of myself in the future with a medical job I imagine myself coming home and having a breakdown because I hate it so much.