[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 22 KB, 480x488, 1366857105485.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8385832 No.8385832 [Reply] [Original]

Colossalcon has come and gone. So it's time for picture dumps, story sharing, and all that jazz!

>Did you have a good time?
>Highlights of the weekend
>Things that could have improved
>How drunk/fucked up did you get?

>> No.8385855

I had a great time, no drama just fun and friends

Saw two different people wearing my dream dress and got to see its glory in person, also some guy brought a 64 with smash and I almost kicked his ass with kirby

I could have brought better shoes, my feet fucking HURT

Didn't get drunk but before going on the rave I went in the bouncy house and got fucked up
I was sweaty, out of breath and sore from flipping in the slide and landing on my neck

10/10 all together

>> No.8385883
File: 920 KB, 2448x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had such a great time. Technically I never stepped foot into the actual convention itself, but between the waterpark and the outdoor pool, I didn't feel any need to. Everyone was incredibly nice and I got to see almost everyone.
Getting to wear the costume I slaved over for months with a close friend and having people compliment how well it turned out.
Technically we got in pretty late on Thursday which kinda sucked, and I had to finish up a costume a bit in Saturday, but all in all it really didn't ruin anything.
Decently tipsy on Friday, and drunk for way too long on Saturday night. #yolo

>> No.8385896
File: 720 KB, 1840x3264, IMG_20150604_200933_874.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Too good. Holy shit.
Getting smashed with seagulls.
I need to cosplay, and I need to bring an actual camera. Pic related, phone camera sucks.
The perfect amount.

>> No.8385906

Eh, it was okay. Not sure I'll make the trek again next year.

Fawning over lolita in celestial. Still mad I didn't do the MTO. She seemed so nice, wish we could have chatted more (I was in Dolly Cat).

Would have liked some sewing panels. Unless I just missed them, but I didn't see any.

Not at all.

>> No.8385915

>>8385896
I saw you before I got on the bouncy house! You looked really nice!

>> No.8385921

>>8385915
Sorry to mislead you, but that's not me! I took that picture. Didn't she, though?

>> No.8385984

I had a great time! My roommates were awesome, the con itself was relaxed, I found some good merch, and my cosplays were really well received. I can't complain about anything!

Hanging out with people I don't normally get to see, and being filmed by a few people/having my picture taken a lot. Call it attention whoring if you want but it was really flattering and made me feel good about a costume I'd worked for months on. I also apparently won a hall costume medal, which I wasn't expecting at all. I say apparently because I'm not entirely sure how that works, a guy came up to me and handed me a small medal with "colossalcon 2015" on it and it looked pretty official so I think that's what it was. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

The previously mentioned costume broke several times throughout the time I was wearing it and needed super fast repairs, so I'd definitely have made it sturdier if possible. I didn't count on the heat in my car quite literally melting the hot glue.

Not at all

>> No.8386009

>>8385832
Hell yes motherfucker
I'm glad I got to cross it off my "Must Attend" con list, though I'm sort of sad I won't make it next year. (But I'm going to Japan instead to be a Buyfag so it's not too hard to miss out)
Pretty much the whole con? Panels were cool, resort was exactly as advertised, people were fun, and I really enjoyed how laid back everyone was about open containers.
Also beating someone at the balcony party on a system/game I've never played before smashed.
Figuring out alt transport from the airport so my room could have done booze runs more easily
Also regret not attending either of the cgl meetups, but I almost passed out in the regular hot tubs after drinking at two pm on day 0 after the hell murder that trip was so I stayed far away from the hot tub bar.
I got hella drunk but kept my head for the weekend, unlike my roomies who got completely fucking hammered and spent most of early early Sunday puking and bemoaning flights back.

I think I got pictures from this weekend I'll have to check when I land and actually get home.

>> No.8386015

So strange having a con end so early on a Sunday. Next year I will definitely arrive earlier so enjoy the Thursday too.

It has been absolutely amazing. Fantastic first US con and definitely want to come back next year.

Meeting all you seagulls and supplying everyone with real chocolate.

No plebs in the waterpark harassing my friend and I this morning would be good, but that's no ones fault but their own.

Just the right amount to give me confidence!

>> No.8386034

I barely did anything related to the con. The indoor/outdoor waterparks were my hangout apart from getting drunk on the balcony

>> No.8386050

>>8385984

I got one of those too! I was really confused since they weren't wearing any kind of staff badge, but the thing is pretty high quality / heavy to be some rando handout thing from a congoer. Does anybody know for sure?

>> No.8386057

>>8386015
Hell yeah.

>> No.8386068

>>8386050
That's what I thought, it looked too professional to be some random handout. But at the same time I had no idea the guy was con staff until he gave it to me and even then I wasn't 100% sure. I also can't find anything about hall cosplay on the website so I'm still confused.

>> No.8386080

Yess! Friday was stressful due to ~con drama~ but my group collectively got over it and Saturday was fucking terrific
Cosplay, being in the waterpark in cosplay, AA, the Tea Party, the late night Saturday panels
Line formation. Especially around Events 9 and 10 in that weird back area it would've been nicer to see more marked and organized lines.
Unfortunately I was stone cold sober. I still had fun but next year I want to be at the Kalahari so I don't have to worry about driving!

>> No.8386083

Hell yeah. Colossalcon is my favorite.

Amazing cosplay groups with friends all weekend. Having a giant suite with a kitchen for the first time was a huge step up too - already have next year's booked.

Some shitbag stole my prescription glasses from the hot tub while everyone was being kicked out at closing. It's been a day and they still haven't been found.

Drank pretty much nonstop, but not very.

>> No.8386099

It ticked me off thar a girl wore a replica AP dress to model in the fashion show. Whoever ran it needs to get their shit together and tell replica chans to fuck off. I could tell it was a replica sugary carnival from the audience I'm sure they could tell when they looked at her too. It's an embarrassment to our hobby that she was allowed in an official event with a replica. (Her hair bow was also definitely a replica. It looked like cardboard)

>> No.8386146

Yes. This was my first time at Colossalcon and I enjoyed it a lot.

Roomed with some new friends who loved to party and drink so I didn't have to worry about alcohol this con. All the hot Kancolle cosplayers. The Kalahari is an awesome place.

Getting to go to Colossalcon was a last minute decision so I didn't get in until late Friday night and I have to go right back to work tomorrow. Next time I request off the whole con and the Monday after.

Got really drunk Friday night. Drank a lot Saturday but never felt as fucked up as I did Friday.

>> No.8386165

>>8386099
It says in the rules they weren't allowing replicas. Are you sure? How could you tell?

>> No.8386192

>>8386099
you're fucking retarded the only person wearing sugary carnival in the fashion show wasn't wearing a replica
the headbow was but not the JSK

>> No.8386202

>>8386165
The lace was seen on the fucking outside of the hem. So unless she ripped all of the lace off and put it back on the wrong way for some reason. It was sticking up all over the place. I own the damn dress it doesn't look like that.

>> No.8386204
File: 1.16 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8386202
go back to the sandpit lmfao

>> No.8386208

>>8386202
they own three sugary carnivals all of which are legitimate please stop

>> No.8386211

>>8386192
Wow, you wore a replica headbow in a fashion show? That's tacky.

>> No.8386213

>>8386211
SC Anon here, yeah I did wear a replica headbow, which was pretty tacky of me.

I had a handmade blue headbow that I was planning on wearing originally but it got lost during a local event. No excuses obviously BUT the JSK wasn't replica.

>> No.8386216

>>8386213
That's good. Tell your friends to chill btw, I get that the accusation from the other anon could be a bit enraging but she was probably thrown off by the replica headbow. Now it's cleared up.

>> No.8386220

>>8386213

You literally broke the only rule that they had. You should have noticed the look we all gave you when you said your Headbow was fake...If I had one piece of advice for you its to learn how to read social cues.

>> No.8386223

>>8386220
As a follow up, most of us either knew or trusted the girls running the show. I know one of the girls very well and I'm sure they would have noticed a replica.

>> No.8386225

>>8386220
I was told when I submitted my coord rundown that the headbow was ok. The rules didn't say they weren't allowed, just discouraged.

Like you can stay upset or w/e, I really don't care.
I just came in to dispel the accusation that my JSK is replica.

>> No.8386229

>>8386220
Oh my god. Nobody cares. I know this comm personally and I can tell right away that you aren't one of them. You're probably one of the Michican or Cininnati lolitas than nobody gives a single fuck about lol. Go crawl back into your Bodyline hole and die :^)

>> No.8386231

>>8386225
Like if the girls in charge had told me it wasn't ok I would have taken it off and rearranged my pink bow to be more in the middle and balanced.

but I was outright told that it was acceptable to wear.

>> No.8386233
File: 262 KB, 640x1136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8386225
I'm not angry, and the other anon was wrong. However it WAS plainly in the rules. So please read them next time so we can avoid a headache, and a mess like the above comments.

>> No.8386235

>>8386233
You're the only mess here though. Bye girl.

>> No.8386236

>>8386233
>dresses or skirts

a headbow isnt a dress or a skirt so I mean

not the SC anon either but they were approved by the people running the show sooo...

if the headbow was that big of a deal they would have taken it off

>> No.8386243

There's a lot of drama here for a bunch of girls trying to promote pedophilia. You're all equally disgusting.

>> No.8386252

>>8385832
Hey, guys. If there was something you HATED about Colossalcon, any problems you had with the Staff, any complaints at all, be sure to post them publicly so that they can find them. They always want to know what they can do better.

Even if it sounds unfair, it's legit criticism.

>> No.8386287

>>8386252
Personally the staff pointed me to three different locations, making me go outside the building and around each time in heels and fur, before I could get my pre-reg. I wish staff members had at least a hint of a clue about anything outside of what they were immediately doing. Had a lot of fun after I finally got my badge though.

>> No.8386321

saucy stories anyone? I heard a lot of wild parties happened. rumored there was a girl running down the hall naked?

>> No.8386347

>>8386050
Pretty sure he was just some random guy. A friend and I talked to him a bit Sunday afternoon and he said he had a ton of those coins. He also mentioned some Facebook page about them, but I missed most of that part of the conversation. I could check with my friend if she remembers his FB if anyone's super interested.

>> No.8386354

>>8386347
I can tell you it wasn't anyone on cosplay staff.

>> No.8386358

>>8385984
Wasn't from cosplay staff, but that's really awesome someone got some medals to give out to costumes. Congrats!

>> No.8386364

>Regarding the SC replica headbow
I literally did not know that she was wearing it until it was brought up at the event while we were trying to get a brief rehearsal going and running behind schedule. We'd talked about the coordinate over facebook with the handmade sax bow that she'd intended on bringing. I was disappointed that she had brought the replica headbow. I wanted to get the show on the road, and I could tell the dress was not a replica. Even from hotel room coord shot photos posted on facebook. The waist bow and lace were correct. Usually those are dead giveaways regardless of size, that a dress is a replica. I know there was mentions of waist ties? But I'm not sure if that's everyone jumping to conclusions because of the headbow or what. I do know said person does own legit AP and has given up replicas. However, by that point I didn't want to argue the issue over a headbow (In hindsight I should've asked her to remove it), we needed to get the show going and the actual rehearsal was going to take some time.

I have a list of things that was addressed with programming staff, but I'll mention it here:

- Tech setup wasn't what I was expecting. I had music prepared in each of the styles, however it wasn't a traditional computer setup, and it wasn't reading some of the files. The only thing I had to work with was the classical music I'd prepared for the tea party.
The lights were too low for taller people to even walk on the stage and weren't working at all.

I'd like to have an actual Emcee, as I get a little fuddled at times when I'm trying to talk, especially at cons running on E, and public speaking is something I'm not 100% comfortable with, but I do it when I have to. Many apologies for any mishaps on that end.

Basically, we need an hour for the room changeover/prep and tech setup. And then an hour for rehearsal. I do like the addition of a changing area, but I'd also like to see some more private changing booths in the room.

>> No.8386390

>Fashion Show
Forms need some work, so that better quality coordinates will be entered and selected. The few girls in the sweet category looked fine from what they showed me, and I wasn't expecting the result. I apologize for that.

>Tea Party:
The food ended up being really good, but... there was a miscommunication with what was actually being served. I was told all the desserts were being presented, and instead we were getting one of each. I know a few people brought this up, and this is also a concern of mine and something I'll keep in consideration.

Not brought up, but I have a feeling it will be. Again, as a mentioned at the tea party, this was the first time we did this, and I wasn't sure what the turnout would be. The tea parties I'd attended at conventions have all been small and free events without catering. I've not made it to a larger con due to my work schedule and amount of time I can take off, I staff a lot of cons. In the future I think it will be best to limit this strictly to lolita fashion or at the very least more formal or dressier j-fashions. I was a little sad the girl winning the bingo prize didn't get it at all.

I'd also like to get better prizes, but we were running on about 20 tickets, which limited the prize budget. So I bought from cheaper places. Then the ticket sales came in too late to buy anything really, really good so it went into the baby/ap giftcard.

Coordinate contest I feel would've been best with audience judging, but it was turning into a time issue by that point. Literally this year was a play it by ear kind of thing and I knew there were going to be some hiccups.

Thanks everyone for participating in both events. Any feedback you have would be great, especially if it differs from what I've listed. I'll be putting up a feedback form on the FB group and possibly on the website within a few days.

>> No.8386395

>>8386364
I might recommend an age limit. Like a maximum of 30. It got weird having old women up there trying to be 20. Also I'm not sure if you want certain sizes to represent your fashion or not but that's all up to you. There were two girls in Bodyline and one girl in an otherwise pretty dark dress with white unicorns on that stood out like sore thumbs as sausages stuffed into their lolita casings. Got weird, man.

>> No.8386409

>>8386364
I thought it was odd that people were judge based on little note cards instead of having them present themselves properly. I understand the time issue, but one can have a lot of cool things on a card and still put them together in a messy fashion. Gladly the winner was cute, but it could have ended weirdly.

>> No.8386458

>>8386395
Not sure who you're thinking was an old woman trying to be 20. Most everyone there was young and otherwise youthful looking and dressed appropriately for their age. As probably one of the older people (Person wearing the black dress with the unicorn running the whole fucking show, sorry I didn't lose the amount of weight I wanted for your personal standards, lol) I was dressed appropriately for my age.

I might recommend to you that if a few larger or older people in dresses wireds you out, that perhaps you should avoid conventions. Or perhaps you thought this was the "other lolita" fashion show and some kind of J/O party?

>> No.8386613

how was the love live panel/photoshoot

>> No.8386619

Did anyone here table in the AA? I saw some pics on my friends' walls and man, this con looks like so much fun and I'd love to go next year. I don't mind not making a ton of money, but I'd definitely like to at least break even, so I figure I'd scope the AA scene and hear how other people did.

And for attendees, what did you guys think of the AA?

>> No.8386747
File: 101 KB, 540x540, thehappiestcamper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had the most amazing time! It was my first Colossal in a few years, and I regret not coming back sooner. I refuse to miss this con again.

Meeting gulls! Seriously, you guys completely made my weekend. I loved meeting all of you, couldn't have asked for a cooler group of people.
Beyond that, I think my first coords went over really well which felt great, and pushes me to keep trying to improve and build my wardrobe. Tea party was pretty fun, and I got to meet some members of my comm!

Like >>8386390 said, I think for next year the tea party should be exclusive to lolita, or formal j-fash at least. The games, events and prizes were all lolita-specific, so I don't think the cosplayers there really "got" it. Also I'm not sure how the dress code could be better enforced, maybe I'm just sandy but I was cringing at the girl posing with her Homestuck plushie in the group photo and that guy wearing jeans and a sleeveless hoodie lol. But it was still a really nice time, I'm glad I went and I hope there's another next year!
On my part, I wish I'd gotten to spend some more time in the game room and the waterpark. It's so easy to lose track of time at this con.

I managed to pace myself for the most part, but being tipsy and walking in four inch platforms is a struggle I never want to experience again.

Also, please post haul pics if you got any cool stuff, I love seeing them! Here are my goods.

>> No.8386786

>>8386747
>Also I'm not sure how the dress code could be better enforced,
I think simply limiting it to lolita and dressy j-fashion would do it. It's one of those things where you plan everything to a T ahead of time, and when everyone comes rushing through the door, everything goes out the window while you're thinking of everything else that needs to be taken care of. I'd like to have this more strictly enforced as well. But I'm glad to finally have a nice event like this at the con, so it can be built upon in the future.

>coord contest.
As far as judging goes, I wanted it to be handled a bit more like how the coord contest went at Ohayocon's Lolita crush if anyone was there. My helper ended up jumping on the contest and perhaps everything got lost in translation on my end or just wasn't communicated (which I totally would blame myself on that since I had so much on my mind). I wanted notecards to be handed out to everyone to write down their votes and have everyone come up who was interested, and well, I sort of rolled with what happened since we were on a time constraint and didn't have time to really tally up the votes anyway. We ended up picking from the list who we felt was best based on creativity and coordination but I felt even this could've went a little better than it had.

I want the event to go a little longer next time so that we have more time to get seated and served, mingle and chitchat time, time to enjoy games at the table after eating or while waiting to get food.

Also did you enjoy the games? I hope the print creation game was enjoyed as I liked putting that together. Honestly I whipped it up at 2am before I had to go to work and realized I put queen in two columns. Oops. I hope nobody thought it was awkward, but I saw some people coming up with some really great designs using the sillier options in there.

>> No.8386815

loli's, please take this discussion to its own thread as you're currently ruining this one over your fetish that absolutely no one besides your selves care about.

>> No.8386824

An amazing time! Fuck good.

Cgl meetup, balcony party, killing scrubs in Persona 4 Arena Ultlmax, playing in the Symphonic Anime Orchestra, smelling weed in the hotel area twenty minutes into being inside

This con needs better fan panels

Fucked up.

Currently sittin at the Amtrak station. Train delayed until 7:30am yay!

>> No.8386831
File: 1.11 MB, 1840x3264, IMG_20150606_213319_247.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm really glad to hear peeps had a good time this weekend! If anyone had anything to say about the in character contest or the masquerade, i'd love to hear it

>>8386747
The only haul I got besides a small Yian Garuga figure was this sick Cat Scratch Fever for a great deal :3 apologies for photo size, I'm on mobile.

>> No.8386869
File: 100 KB, 471x657, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did anyone get electrocuted?

>> No.8386873

>>8386815
Fuck off with lolita being a fetish.

>> No.8386874

>>8386869
holy shit. people can die if the strobe falls into the water

>> No.8386888
File: 801 KB, 3264x2448, IMG_20150605_165212.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8386613

Horrible. The panel was decent but not for someone who's really into it and the photoshoot got rained out, brought inside, and there were no really great costumes outside of a few animal girl ones who showed up late. I'll post a pic but they all came out horrible.

Also, fuck the dude trying to be Maki who made it into most of the shots. He seemed like an okay guy but he was really jamming up the atmosphere. Nobody cares bro, Love Live is about cute girls.

>> No.8386889

>>8386869
>>8386874
I'd love to see that story.
>10 dead at con due to electrocution.

>> No.8386893

>>8386888
so many fatties

>> No.8386894

>cosplayed Shimakaze and asked people to not tag me on Facebook, but as soon as Sunday was over someone tagged me on Facebook

Oh well. Btw im not a grill

>> No.8386899
File: 1.61 MB, 2448x3264, IMG_20150605_153430.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8386894

I loved you, man. My friend saw you from the back and was all "dude, I'm gonna get a picture of her!" and got so horrified when you turned around. I couldn't focus my phone to get a picture since I was laughing.

This Bud Light's for you, Mr. Dresses Up Like a Lewd Boatslut Man.

>> No.8386900

Fuck yes
Taking acid and getting drunk with Karl Drogo/Jack Sparrow
Nothing
If you saw me I was the dude that carried the Jager bottle 24/7 everywhere with me

First time there and holy shit I want to go again, spring break for nerds.

>> No.8386904

>>8386899
Haha, yeah, I could tell that happened quite a few times to people. One guy had the smoothest recovery/escape, he was all "Can...tai collection, right?" then ran off when I said yep.

>> No.8386908
File: 1.00 MB, 794x675, not even technically a boat at this point.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8386869
No but the fucking lifeguards wouldn't let me film one shot with an inflatable boat I had. If they let full camera equipment into the water, I don't see what made a flotation device so damn unsafe.

pic related, I had to keep it completely out of the water before they relented.

>> No.8386912

>>8386900
>Karl Drogo

>> No.8386915

>>8386912
Man I just got off my 13 hour grey hound cut me some slack

>> No.8386929

This con has the most uninformed staff I've seen. And they didn't even care when they learned they WERE uninformed. They just kept telling people to talk to someone else. FROM A HELP DESK.

>> No.8386957

>>8386894
I had to do a double take in the EVA tutorial panel. I kept thinking there was something off, feeling bad that I kept thinking you had to be a guy from the back, seeing you from the front and taking like 15 seconds to realize you were a guy.

Good job.

>> No.8386959

Shoutout to the other poor saps who are trying to call in and book a room for next year. I hate that it won't let you just hold on the line. You have to keep pressing option 2, have it hang up on you after 10 tries, and then call back. Rinse and repeat. I've been trying for 45 minutes.

>> No.8386963

>>8386929
What was the information you were looking for?? Sometimes certain things aren't known by every staffer :0

>> No.8386964

Got one at 9:03 mang. They're out of Villas/Hospitality Suites/Village Suites/Combination Suites/2 room family suites, FYI.

>> No.8386967

>>8386959

Isn't there a thing where it will auto call you back? Or did they get rid of that?

>> No.8386972

>>8386967
They have one but use at your risk - the last time I used it, after an hour I called back, waited on line for 5 minutes and got through.

8 hours later I got my callback.

>> No.8386976

>>8386959
Update -- we got a room booked. Sadly, the cheapest ones they have left now are the Nomads at $204/night. In case anyone is curious.

>> No.8386981

>>8385832
Yeah, but traveling back and forth from the Kalahari to Sawmill was not fun at all.

Meeting Technorch
Balcony party
Playing Dengeki Bunko
Trying blue moon ice cream for the first time
Kawaii Gorilla Chan

The shuttle service was pretty trash. They need more than one person doing that. Also I wish the game could be open longer.

I didn't drink the first two night, but Saturday, I got shitfaced and bruised my hip.

It was a joy to party with you! >>8386824

>> No.8386999

I don't think I would go to Colossal if I wasn't at the kalahari

>> No.8387010

>>8386869
Darwinism at its finest!

>>8386981
Same here!

>> No.8387024

>>8386976
I literally just booked a hut ten minutes ago - are you sure?

>> No.8387031

>>8387024
What the fuck! They said they were sold out of Huts. Well, I guess that's part and parcel of dealing with multiple front desk people trying to book rooms at the same time.

>> No.8387054

I booked an African Queen Suite, unfortunately the combination suites and village suites weren`t available.
Does anyone know if they release the rooms in blocks or are they actually all sold out this fast?

>> No.8387057

They said that they got pretty close to selling out just with the 4 day sales over the weekend

>> No.8387064

>>8387054
Not sure if they're just being released in blocks, but Colossalcon is basically creating a false panic on rooms, which is leading to room rushes. It's the same thing that happened at Dragoncon - when rooms could just be booked whenever post-con, it took a few months to sell out. Now that there is a special date and at-con time announced, people are freaking out and thinking that if they don't book day-of, they won't get anything.

Personally I think taking reservations AT con was a terrible idea - it should have been phone only and/or the day after the con was over. The line was easily 70 people deep multiple times on Friday and Sunday, which just made people panic about reservations even more.

>>8387031
You could call back and try switching maybe? (I only booked thurs-sun though, so if you got monday maybe that just wasn't available) I got through in just a few minutes too.

>> No.8387101

>>8386347
>>8386354
>>8386358
Yeah it was apparently some random guy handing them out, staff confirmed with me. It's still very flattering though!

>> No.8387156

>>8386229
Ah, the smell of elitist salt in the morning.

>> No.8387237

>>8387101
>Ah, the smell of elitist salt in the morning.

okay but me and my friend got one from a woman in steampunk attire??? so were more than one person giving them out? they looked so legit but we were also extremely confused

>> No.8387240

>>8387237
that was meant to be a reply to >>8387101
sorry

>> No.8387255

>>8386888

I didn't go to the panel or see most of these cosplayers, but I saw quite a few really good Love Live cosplays just walking around the con. There was a really cute group of 1,2 jump (not the ones in your pic), some mermaids and some in just the uniform

also there was a pretty cute Idolmaster group too

>> No.8387318

>>8387255
>Idolmaster group
What day? I saw nothing im@s and it was so disappointing.

>> No.8387331

I was impressed with the cosplay quality at this con tbh.... not because anything was over the top impressive, but because there was such a variety instead of just a million cosplayers from the same 10 series. Plus a lot of people seemed to pick fun, cute outfits and seemed like they were having a great time in them. Any favorites from the weekend?

>>8387240
I think you fat fingered again, friend.

>> No.8387391

It was about 50/50.

I roomed with friend group B (who I hadn't met before) instead of my usual friend group A. A was pissed at me for rooming with B and wouldn't hang with me, and B was usually so busy that I couldn't find them, but when I did find them, it was fun as fuck, so it all equals out.

Rooming with group B and meeting them all, PIZZA TIME, and meeting new friends while waiting in line for Vale's signature.

Better fan panels, I went to the JJBA Heart of Gold, and it was so boring that I left after a half hour. Staff could have been a bit nicer as well, especially that old man in the top hat in the signature lines.

Personally, I need to improve my cosplay. It was my first time cosplaying and my main outfit fell apart in less than 2 hours on Saturday. ;_;

Not at all. I did smoke with friends, but since it was my first time, not much happened, which was kind of disappointing. I definitely wish I would have gotten one of the drinks at the Kalahari though, I meant to, but never found the time.

>> No.8387423
File: 909 KB, 1630x1623, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8387237
I have no idea how many people were handing them out, but perhaps they were together or something? I think I remember the guy who gave me mine wearing some sort of steampunk thing too, and the medal I got had a steampunk hat and goggles on it (pic related).

>> No.8387430

>>8387423
I got one of these, too. From a group of ladies in steampunk.

Guys, I think we got invited to the cosplay illuminati.

>> No.8387527

>>8387318
yeah, the only group I saw was a forever star one and I didnt see them all together, just separately around

>> No.8387546
File: 890 KB, 1473x2991, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had a pretty great time. Cgl meets were awesome and my shoots went well, except one time one of the outdoor water park employees wasn't letting people without wrist bands in (even though dozens of people had already been in there shooting without wrist bands), and sometimes they wouldn't let models sit on the pool or hot tub ledges, but sometimes they did. Does anyone know what the logic behind not letting them sit on a shallow wade pool ledge is? Because I have no idea.
anyways my costumes were hot as balls on Friday and Saturday, but I really enjoyed doing a bikini cosplay on Sunday, even though we left early.
All-in-all, despite my own personal problems that were minor, I had a great time and I can't wait for next year.
Also disappointed that I didn't get to meet W. T. Snacks

>> No.8387574

>>8387546
>W.T. Snacks
I'm not convinced he was even there

>> No.8387593

>>8387574
What the hell is a goku sanchez anyway??

>> No.8387600

>>8387593
what ever it is is clearly more important than a seagull meetup

>that sounded better in my head

>> No.8387612

Forgot to add but I'm totally gonna bring a few packs of water and a bunch of snacks next year if/when there's another party being thrown.

Also I need to buy more mixers than booze. Granted however, things were like a beta run for next year plans and my trip to this con was super last minute.

My only other regret is not getting a 420 connect for next year. :/

>> No.8387627
File: 395 KB, 1440x1080, IMG_20150605_201316.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8387546
You shoulda posted the correct time for Friday, Goku Sanchez squad was ready to peek all up on lolita ' s skirts and whisper "senpai noticed you" in their ears.

>> No.8387631

>>8387627
We did post the correct time when it was finalized, you should have double checked the thread

>> No.8387636

>>8387631
Nah, you posted 8 pm, and then said it was actually 10 pm the next day. This was already discussed last thread, no point in repeating the argument, oh well~

>> No.8387641

>>8387636
The rest of us found the meetup just fine.

>> No.8387646
File: 91 KB, 540x960, tmp_1134-received_9368838763321962056354550..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Absolutely. Way better than Ohayocon this year.

Getting to actually spend time with my con friends because they weren't so caught up with drama for once.

I honestly have no complaints. A better Dealer's Room would have been nice.

Rolled face on Molly both Friday and Saturday. I always bring plenty to cons. Sold my acid. Hardcore doesn't mix will with it.

>pic is me as Dipper

>> No.8387647

>>8387636
Nah, time was finalized in the thread on Friday night, sorry Sanchez.

>> No.8387660
File: 51 KB, 1080x281, Screenshot_2015-06-08-16-08-16-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8387647
>>8387641
Making me go through the archives on mobile smh
We all went to the rave instead of the Saturday meetup, shrug

>> No.8387669

>>8387660
I posted that it would be at 9 after that post. Everyone else managed to get there except you

>> No.8387672
File: 48 KB, 720x960, 10952347_10206236123520280_823002246683480364_n[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

good time was an understatement I dont know how to describe this weekend
villa party flaming shots, meeting beautiful people for the first time, cosplaying with people I love for the first time as well everything is a highlight
rn nothing but the waterpark being shitty about props on saturday around the pools
10/10 shitfaced at like 3am
>mfw you got a dream photo but it's blurry

>> No.8387674

Best con I ever had
Getting fucked smashed 24/7 and making legit friends.
the usual
>Almost get laid at con.
>end up making out with dudes instead.

I'm still fucking hung over.

>> No.8387677

>>8387672
>waterpark being shitty about props
I mean I can understand why they have those policies but they were overly strict

>> No.8387678

>>8387669
9 was too late for everyone too, rave setup was then. Hope everyone caught at least 1 night at the rave, both nights were great (Saturday was more fun imo)

>> No.8387699

>>8387678
Went on Saturday and actually had a killer time, DJ was really solid compared to most cons. And people watching is super fun.

Also, there are definitely still rooms available, my group just booked a desert room for Thursday - Saturday night. I guess they really are creating some sort of false panic.

>> No.8387704

>>8387699
That's great to hear! Yeah, the Saturday crowd seemed way better than Friday's, and that makes for a better experience overall. All the DJs are very nice people as well!

>> No.8387707

>>8387699
it's the large rooms that went quick

>> No.8387708

>>8387678
Except the only people it was too late for was you guys.
The rave goes on all night. Even if you just popped in to the meet for less than half an hour, you would have had plenty of time for the rave.
There's always next year

>> No.8387718
File: 143 KB, 512x512, avatar_149ee47c9d66_512.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8387391
>JJBA Panel
I feel you, anon. Were you cosplaying Jojo? My friends did the SBR crew that day and we were at the panel and between the completley uncalled for spoilers and the literal reading of the wiki page for certain parts of the panel, it was pretty fucking awful. I have a friend who's just started Bites the Dust and the panel spoiled everything about the ending of Part 4 for her. There was also a huge number of anime-only fans that kept screaming Speedwagon memes and it was pretty annoying.

>> No.8387730

>>8387707
Ahh, that makes sense. With all the people freaking out over them we were scared we wouldn't get one at all. I'm just glad next year we won't be trekking down the road every time we forget something.

>> No.8387732

>>8387718
Nah, it kind of sucks that I wasn't because ALL of my roommates were. I plan on doing Jojo for Matsuri though (probably Mariah) so if you're going to that one, look out for me!

Did you stay for the entire panel? I think I left the panel when they were describing every villain from every part with a cut and dry description, so I might have left before the spoilers. It's good that I did though, my friend that was with me just got into Jojo, and I wouldn't want her spoiled on too many things.

>> No.8387756

>>8387708
By everyone, I meant the sanchez crew, not other seagulls.
And miss any of the rave? NAH, not worth it.
C u next year~ MAYBE

>> No.8387757

>>8387677
They were being overly strict about a pool noodle and an inner tube in calf-high water so they were being kinda shitty.

>> No.8387769

>>8387757
dude, I had my steadycam in the jacuzzi waist deep and they said nothing, but a fucking inflatable boat was too hardcore for them

>> No.8387804

>>8387718

Different anon, but I saw you guys as SBR (Johnny/Gyro/Lucy?), my friends and I were sitting a few rows behind you and muttering to ourselves about how awful the panel was. You don't explain *who* Josuke and Giorno are. You don't say who the villain of part 5 or 7 is. You don't say who Jolyne's father is. You ESPECIALLY don't say why part 7 takes place when it does, holy fucking christ. We left after an hour. What a hot mess.

>> No.8387814

>>8387804
So what, were they basically just spoiling the entire series for newbies? I'll be straight, I didn't even realize there was a jojo panel (too busy staffing to go to any panels) but hearing this doesn't make me feel like I missed out on much.

>> No.8387828

>>8386252
Lines can be done better. The otaku flea market was insane and if there was a way to manage traffic better like marking paths (ie: "start here" and arrows and stuff) it would be better. Besides that I honestly can't complain. The con was run pretty smoothly from what I can tell.

>> No.8387845

>>8386786
I thought the games were fun! Maybe another game would be nice if you get more time next year. I liked the stuff at Lolita crush like the word scrambles. I'm in the Ohio comm and I'm sure if you opened it up to them for ideas people would be happy to help. I understand that opening planning up is a whole other bag of stuff but it might help with your stress.

I had a great time overall! The raffle was great save the missing gentlemen's items.

>> No.8388082

How is the kalahari sold out already the con was yesterday

>> No.8388105

>>8388082
because it's popular

>> No.8388106

>>8388082
Easy, people LIKE that con. Duh.

>> No.8388127

10pm was way too early for the swim-up bar to close. It was so packed I wouldn't be surprised if they extended hours for next year. They'd make a killing.

>> No.8388129
File: 84 KB, 720x1280, 2015-06-05 22.37.46.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8387546
>>8387574
was def there, but as Goku Sanchez crew mentioned, we showed up at 8 cuz that's what you told me!

>> No.8388137

>>8388127
Apparently they were a little understaffed this year for whatever reason, maybe they didn't anticipate the continued exponential growth.

That said, as someone who works at a hotel bar, it takes a LOT for us to stay open later. There comes a point where bartenders just want to close up and go the fuck home and sleep, and damn any extra cash they may make. I can't imagine that the kalahari is any different.

That hot tub was seriously gross outside though. Asscheek to asscheek.

>> No.8388145

>>8388137 There comes a point where bartenders just want to close up and go the fuck home and sleep

Totally get this - but for one weekend surely it would be worth their while considering how many people would order drinks from 10-12? Guess I don't really know how it works but it seemed so damn early to me.

>> No.8388163

>>8388145
What would probably have to happen to get them actually stay open later would be for Colossalcon specifically to work out a deal with them that they would. Hotels are kind of a different beast than your standard neighborhood bar.

>> No.8388165

>>8388137
It did get packed a lot on Friday. Some guys were chucking dudes around and doing elbow drops into the hot tub.

I like having fun and being wild, but that's dangerous. ESPECIALLY when the hot tub is FULL OF PEOPLE

>> No.8388166
File: 114 KB, 1024x768, tumblr_n261emzcqV1rjeq32o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pretty OK time I suppose. It's the one con I look forward to every year and I spent the past 3 weeks before con + first 2.5 days of the actual con trying to finish a costume I ended up not being able to finish so that was a bit of a bummer. Aside from wasting half the con in my room I still got to see my friendohs and do my usual walk the con/drink/pool festivities so not all was lost.
I was pretty stoked when the room next to my village suite (which I had been sliding notes to back and forth) stuck some Hello Kitty and Guardians of the Galaxy temporary tattoos under my door. They ended up on my buddies stomach.
For someone that doesn't really go for the panels or scheduled events I can't complain about anything the con fucked up. Mostly wish I personally would have mingled more but when it comes to finding chill people at cons it is kinda hit or miss.
I had a pretty steady flow of alcohol and cigars through me every day I was there but I didn't get stupid drunk or anything.

>> No.8388171

How many families were there on vacation without knowing the con was going to happen?

>> No.8388181

>>8388171
many, but at least they come away with a story

>> No.8388192

>>8388171
>>8388181
I was in a full suit of armor one day and a family asked if their child could take a picture with me, so that was cute. Has anyone ever had negative experiences with non-congoers other than getting weird looks? They've always been pretty courteous and appreciative of cosplay in my experience (unless your "cosplay" is you walking around in underwear).

>> No.8388196

>>8388192
I heard congoers at katsu 2 or so years ago got into it with jew kids at a jew convention when the hotel got double booked.

>> No.8388200

>>8388196
Those kids at that Katsu were hella rude. Going to chalk it up to them being bratty teens and not their religious inclinations though.

>> No.8388202

>>8388196

Katsu 2013. The kids generally wanted to take pictures with the cosplayers, but the adult chaperones were the real sticklers.

>> No.8388224

>>8388192
At colossalcon this year most the guests were really nice but I had some of the lifeguards get salty during a photoshoot. Kept following us around and a group of them were pointing a whispering, could hear things like "wtf"

but whatever. overall I was pleased with the interactions with non-congoers there. The worst con for that, in my experience, is Otakon. I will NEVER go back due to how much I was harassed on the street by randos. Felt so unsafe the entire time

>> No.8388233

>>8385832
>>Did you have a good time?
Yeah it was pretty sweet. I mean I never got into OMG hype mode, but I'm old as fuck so that rarely happens anymore.

>>Highlights of the weekend

The fact that the JJBA shoot actually came together was such a pleasant surprise. JoJo has such an awesome fandom it blows me away every time.

Oh and I got to model a swimsuit in a fashion show and be on the same stage as Stella Chuu, so that was pretty sweet.

>>Things that could have improved

I still have water in one of my ears. That blows. Honestly I'd just like to see the con open more hours. I'm a bit of an early riser, and fucking around until noon to get into the dealer's room and other stuff was kinda meh.

>>How drunk/fucked up did you get?

Got a decent buzz. Couldn't manage to get wasted despite slamming hard alcohol for some reason. Didn't get a hangover the entire weekend. A few of my friends got utterly blacked though, so it was fun wandering around with them.

>> No.8388237

>>8388224
The lifeguards were in general little shits. I saw a lot of this sort of behavior from all of them. At one point I was in the lazy river and heard a lifeguard start openly ridiculing a cosplayer further in front of me.

>> No.8388927

>>8388166
Dude it was my room that sent the temp tattoos! You're welcome!

>> No.8389135

>>8387804
>saying who Josuke, Giorno and Jolyne's father are

I agree that spoilers are bad, but those seem like such...tame examples. They are literally explained on the first chapters. (unless you mean 定助)

>You ESPECIALLY don't say why part 7 takes place when it does, holy fucking christ.

Are you referring to the ending of part 6? /cgl/ has no spoiler tag, but you do know that Irene-verse is NOT SBR-verse, right?
SBR was originally a stand-alone series, not supposed to continue the main timeline.

Jojolion is SBR-verse, though.

>> No.8389161

I got home from this marvelous con to find out that a group of people broke into someone's apartment and slit his throat what the fuck

>> No.8389163

>>8386831
YOU'RE THE ONE WHO GOT HIM!
Someone told me there was a Stray Cat figure in the Dealer's Room and I ended up missing it.

>> No.8389170

>>8389161
what?????

>> No.8389178

>>8389170
>http://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/local/murder-suspects-arrested-pair-charged-after-stabbing-death-of-man/article_6b78cf1a-0ca3-11e5-9a0c-a37e467ef49b.html

Why do I go to school here

>> No.8389258

>>8389135
It's a 20yr old series and if you go into a jojo panel expect to be spoil if you aren't up to part 7.

Either way Jojolion best thing yet

>> No.8389473

Aaannnddd that's it for the Kalahari 2016 rooms, guys. Apparently there are a few desert rooms left at non-con rates, but other than that it's sold out.

>> No.8389522

Good enough
Canadian and British Seagulls
Piggy backing cute lolita up some stairs
Learning how to play werewolves
Nerd games are neat.
The drinks. Apparently they changed their recipe from last year and use a less sugary flavoring but HOLY FUCK THE SHIT THEY USE IS TERRIBLE. Its like drinking fruit puree and is sweet and hurts to drink.
I had two otter pops ruined.
.....I....I got pretty lit.

>>8385984
It's a challenge coin
Being military I was SUPER confused to that being the concept he used for it but we got two for answering his bonus question.

>>8386815
>fetish
I remember when I made shit excuses for being too poor to enjoy things.

>>8386981
>kawaii gorilla chan
HOLY SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ALREADY I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD AT THE BADGE

>>8387546
>boat shoes with sonic
do you even go fast

I'm upset I'll be on deployment next year but I'll be back in 2017.

>> No.8389617

>>8389473
Damn. It looks like the only way to get in the next year now is to book in person during the con.
That's what I did, but still. This con is growing too fast. I kinda wish they would schedule on the second weekend so we could avoid Sandusky's bike week and have some more hotel options.

>> No.8389640

>>8389617
There were still a bunch of rooms open on Sunday when the phone lines opened up. Anyone know when the suites sold out?

I do agree, I don't really get why they keep booking on top of Bike Week, it's not like it's a cheap holiday.

>> No.8389668

My group just got our room for next year

>> No.8389707

Donnell posted on the CC Facebook about ten minutes ago that the Kalahari's sold out now.

>> No.8389727

>>8389707
>Be con mom
>Book extra rooms for all my derp friends who can't afford the deposit or haven't even thought about rooms yet
>Be glad my paranoid self did this Monday morning

>> No.8389736
File: 629 KB, 1190x2048, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8387430

>> No.8389769

>>8389163
I had one of my roommates pick him up for me while I was tending to my swampert arms in the drier. I wasn't gonna miss it lol. I'm supes grateful

>> No.8389785

>>8389707
Well shit, guess I have to go to Maui Sands. If there's even an opening at this point. Why didn't they just wait to open the block?

>> No.8389795

>>8389707
All of the monstrous butthurt in this thread is delicious. My favorite is the woman with the kid who's flipping her shit.

>>8389785
Because then people would just continue to book at rack rate and call when the block opened to add the discount on. I'm hoping they do phones-only next year but I understand at least opening the block one year out.

>> No.8389805

>>8389795
Yeah, you have a point, but it at least wouldn't have been sold out so quickly.

>> No.8389811

>>8389795
I'm torn. On the one hand I'm really feeling sorry for Donnell and the gang, but on the other, it's like 'I HAVE A 1 YEAR OLD AND NO CAR BUT OBVIOUSLY CONS ARE MORE IMPORTANT RAWR' is hilarious.

>> No.8389813

>>8389795
>phones only
Empty ass con with the whole phone anxiety being a weeb trait for some reason.

>> No.8389837

they should reserve the whole hotel for this con. I still saw a lot of families in the resort

>> No.8389841

>>8389813
My point was more than it was stupid to waste hours of your con in a line booking for NEXT year. I refused to do that but got lucky and landed a suite anyway, but I can see things getting worse in following years.

>> No.8389852

>>8389837
I bet next year it will be. Last year staff didn't know Kalahari had already started reserving rooms a year out so normies probably got some of those rooms. This year they were ready and told attendees to be prepared for it.

>> No.8389875

>>8389707
Fuck, we haven't reserved yet. Time to start looking for friends who already got rooms.

>> No.8389877

>>8389837
They do reserve the whole hotel, but you can buy resort tickets seperately

>> No.8389974
File: 356 KB, 2048x1365, 1501396_10206906497084292_103773784302695345_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8385896
>>8385915
>>8385921
Golly, thank you guys! That's me!

Rocking the 1910's beach aesthetic and showing my scandalous ankles.

>> No.8389976

>>8389974
Absolutely love this, you two look so good.

>> No.8390254

>>8388927
Haha thanks m8. It was amazing watching my friend wake up, pull the covers off himself, and slowly look down at his tattoo covered stomach after getting trashed the night before and saying nothing but "fuck".

>> No.8390260
File: 168 KB, 328x327, c9a.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8387646
>Rolled face on Molly

>> No.8390305

Monster costume person, are you here? I cornered you in the hallway and told you I saw you post about your costume here, then we got a pic together. If so, hi!

>> No.8390309

>>8389974
I saw you two walking around and had a spazz attack. You looked great!

>> No.8390447

>tfw didn't get a picture of a cosplayer since I was late for my shift at Con Ops and can't find a picture of them anywhere

>> No.8390646

>>8389258

Yes, it's an almost 30 years old series, but if the panel was about introducing the series, as opposed to an in-depth discussion, spoilers sound a little counter productive. You're not getting anyone to read it if you spoil everything.

Unless you're just circle jerking about Araki.

>> No.8390677

The Kalahari is sold out for Friday and Saturday.

>> No.8390796

Of course!
Walking around the halls seeing amazing friends again!
Overall clarity from con ops about policies and confusion between paper and app schedule.
Not very.

The only other thing I can complain about was one girl who's Ruby cosplay looked great, and instead of saying thank you after a compliment she says "it better be I worked for 5 months on this". Bitch, if you'd just say thanks without a snippy tone, you'd come off as such a better and more respected person.

>> No.8391397
File: 151 KB, 720x960, 11393216_10205831078168772_3711575010690446020_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had an amazing time. For my first out of state con, it couldn't have been better. Totally blew my first thoughts of this con out of the water.
The game rooms, seeing some cosplays I didn't expect to see ever, how nice people were, the resort itself, and THE GRASS.
The panels. There were so many and half of them didn't even seem entertaining. The ones my group and I were able to go to were so boring and lack luster.
Didn't drink, but the only thing that sucked was I switched up my contact solutions with my 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and burned my right eye, so the whole weekend I couldn't wear eyeliner with any of my cosplays and my eye was in terrible pain.

Pic related, my boyfriend and I Saturday as Chaika and Toru!

>> No.8391528

>>8389974

Yo... my friend was super-hyped when she saw you two. Bioshock is one of the only convention-related things she has any interest in. She was the short one who ran after you guys when you were at that Grill near the outdoor waterpark.

>> No.8391670

>>8391397
I'm sad I didn't see these cosplays! I loved Coffin Princess!

>> No.8391906

>>8386869
uhhhhh Do these guys know it's broad daylight, and you can get the same effect from a fucking speedflash on a tripod. seeing cosplay photographers get 'inventive' hurts as a studio photographer.

>> No.8391939

>>8386869
fucking Ron. always starting shit.

strobe might be overkill, but the battery is safe to use if if it falls into the water. nobody is going to get electrocuted.

>> No.8392159

>>8391939
It's not just the battery, it's the whole kit. You wanna be the one to test out this theory?

>> No.8392349

Any of you gulls going to the fan appreciation weekend in September? Guessing only NEO natives and maybe people from southern Michigan would really be interested.

As for the thread, didn't make it this year unfortunately. Thankfully I managed to snag a room on Monday, so hopefully I'll make it for 2016. Been a while since I last went (maybe 2012 but I can't recall), so it is long overdue.

>> No.8392382

>>8392159
Seemed like somebody tested it out already and nobody died during the weekend.

>> No.8392418

>>8387677
It's because some idiot sued the resort for using their own prop before, dumbass

>> No.8392420

>>8392418
easy there, I wasn't aware of that

>> No.8392567

>>8391939
I don't know anything about electronics but god damn is Ron literally always trying to start shit.

>mfw he links this thread

>> No.8392820

>no picture dumps yet

>> No.8392825

Anyone hear how the cos "famous" thing went?

>> No.8393026

>>8392825
Completely empty.

>> No.8393331

>>8393026
It was pretty rough. Saw a few peeps and talked to a couple people who had tables there because it was so empty. Got a couple cool photos of costumes though.

>> No.8393419

>>8392418
Bad day, Anon?

>> No.8393628
File: 105 KB, 1450x928, 11201242_1152106731481824_1139977882_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

okay but can anyone tell me what the fuck this thing was

>> No.8393669

>>8393628
Rapeasaurus

>> No.8393685

>>8393628
Sludge from transformers G1

>> No.8393831
File: 685 KB, 2583x1549, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here's the Friday meet up photo.

>> No.8393992

>>8393831
>Valle's too "cool" to look at the camera

>> No.8394017

>>8393831
Oh man, staff work totally made me forget this was happening.

Well, glad you guys actually had a successful meetup finally.

>> No.8394041

>>8389974
>
you guys were damn adorable. I got your pic that day

>> No.8394486

>>8393831
MY SISTER ISN'T EVEN A SEAGULL GO AWAY YOU FUCKING NORMIE

>> No.8394494

>>8393992
If you had Hello Kitty shades you'd be too cool to look at the camera too.

>> No.8394851

>>8393831
>missed the meet up ;_;

>> No.8394882
File: 212 KB, 1280x960, 11148656_860415090662534_273527573434096138_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

These guys tho!

>> No.8394913

>>8393831
Dawww. We cute.

>> No.8396258

>>8394882
ew

>> No.8396327

Anybody go to the cos-famous meet and greet? Curious of how that went down.

>> No.8396344

>>8396327
Lurk more fuckboy

>> No.8396509

>>8393831
aw yeah, representing

>> No.8396606

>>8393831
whos the hamplanet with the tumblr haircut?

>> No.8396657

>>8396606
aw yeah, representing

>> No.8396659

>>8396657
whoops meant to reply to >>8393831

>> No.8396660

>>8396606
Actually one of the coolest bitches I've ever met, I'd fuck her personality.

>> No.8397816

>>8396344
???? I asked a question, what's the big deal?

>> No.8397831

>>8386815
>complaining about people discussing lolita
>in /cgl/

Nice b8 m8.

>> No.8397859

>>8393831
The Lolitas were so cute. The girl in the glasses brought British chocolate for everybody!

>> No.8397932

>>8397859
Seconding this sentiment. Is Cadbury not widely available in the U.S.?

>> No.8397993

>>8397859
She will forever be referred to as Chocolate-Chan

>> No.8398349
File: 441 KB, 1280x1917, tumblr_npt25330Qk1uy924io5_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not allowed to bring your own inflatable rafts to the waterpark but you're allowed to dress up as a trashy, shitty version of children's tv character and do striptease, apparently.

>> No.8398363

>>8398349
what even is that

>> No.8398482
File: 7 KB, 307x250, 11401520_1173397559353062_3088106070542516888_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398349

>> No.8398549
File: 156 KB, 540x809, tumblr_npt25330Qk1uy924io1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398363
"Misty"

Its one of the Pixel Vixens, unsurprisingly.

>> No.8398586

>>8398549
That side ponytail, oh my god...

>> No.8398590

>>8398549
wut

That's a man, right?

>> No.8398618

>>8398349
Is this supposed to be Kim Possible?

>> No.8398666

>>8398549
Everything about this is awful and wrong.

>> No.8398853
File: 22 KB, 298x208, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398549

I've seen many shitty Mistys over the years but this takes the cake.

>> No.8398913

>>8398586
I was too distracted by the pits.
This can't be real life

>> No.8398938

>>8398913
HOLY FUCK I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE.

FUCK.

>> No.8399084

>>8398549
>tfw try to laugh about this with con friend and she's like "I like Jessi, she's cute"

>> No.8399132

>>8398349
>>8398549
I've never seen someone that fit the definition of skank so perfectly

>> No.8399360

>>8399132
Hilariously, this is the same girl that did trashy Madoka for PV.

>> No.8399638

>>8399360
pic?

>> No.8399752

>>8398913

I went to the Pixel Vixens QA and she said she never shaves, anything...so...Her name is jessie slaughter. I saw her in the jacuzzi talking to some guys. She definitely looked like a skank. A dirty skank, Gross.

>> No.8399757

From what I remember, definitely.

Hanging out with friends and getting black out drunk every night. Rock Climbing with a hangover, going to the raves. That huge league of legends photo group (was anyone else there?)

My alcoholism. If I go next year I want to be more sober and social, take more pictures and go to more panels.

drunk/fucked is low tier compared to what I did to myself. I don't remember any night I was there, all four nights of it. I have flashes of being at the bar, being at the raves, walking the hallways trying my room key on a room that wasn't mine.

>> No.8399758
File: 21 KB, 480x360, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8399752

>> No.8399898

>>8399752
did anybody go to the burlesque show? I heard it was a shit show, took 20 minutes to seat people, and that their "burlesque" routines were just taking off their clothes as fast as possible and then twerking/fucking the stage.

They also had a "date auction" where they auctioned off their attendees. Isn't that basically human trafficking and illegal?

>> No.8399910

>>8386321
idk any of that, but one of the PV girls was walking down the halls with her tits out and letting strangers touch them. How do they keep getting re-invited to this con? What if a normie family saw that or children?

>> No.8399917

>>8399910
what's worse is they were the only female guests even at this con

>> No.8400016
File: 66 KB, 552x828, 922188_10151398940751497_2098725311_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8399638
Pic related

>>8399752
>never shaves anything
Well then she's got some amazing genes given her inability to grow pubes or leg hair.

>>8399898
None of them even have a faint grasp on what burlesque is. I'm pretty sure most girls who do cosplay burlesque have no idea what they're doing. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all trashed during the show, too.

>>8399910
Was it Arielle? I guarantee that was Arielle. Was she chubby, kinda babyfaced, with a huge Christian tattoo on her thigh?

I have nothing against cosplay porn as a concept, but there's no quality control as far as photography and character choice goes.

>> No.8400045

>>8400016
>her inability to grow pubes or leg hair.
Well then why the fuck does she have pitfro's?

>> No.8400064

>>8400045
This bitch wants to pretend she's "standing against women's beauty standards" or something by growing a forest in her pits but she's not even going the full mile because she still shaves/trims everything else and wears heavy makeup.

I know this is a blue board, hopefully I can still link NSFW
http://abcdhiv.tumblr.com/post/117171773648/reverendarielle-pixelvixens-feeling-a-little

>> No.8400065

>>8399752
Jessie Slaughter? So she's an adult making fun of an abused and probably mentally ill little girl. Jesus, I can't think of anything trashier than that.

>> No.8400073

>>8400065
I was wondering about that. Did she intentionally pick that name or was it just a weird coincidence?

>> No.8400139

>>8400073
She had to have picked it, there's some high notoriety in those google search results. Jessie Slaughter has kind of left the internet. Last ED update I heard is that she's a trans boy now and is in some heavy therapy. Probably due to being a possibly assaulted 11 year old who had a horde of adults viciously attacking her online.
/rant. Sure, she was a stupid, edgy teenager, but oh my god that is some disgusting behavior by everyone else involved.

>> No.8400255

>>8397932
It is.
Mostly during Easter.

>> No.8400260

>>8399898
>wanted to go to date auction
>possibility of being auctioned off if costume was good enough
>fuck ill hang with muh gulls instead

Also did you seriously ask if a date auction is human trafficking, holy shit that's kawaii.

>> No.8400267

>>8400260
We're more important.

>> No.8401032

>>8399917
So Cihi was not a guest?

>> No.8401413

>>8399898

The burlesque show was terrible. Each segment lasted maybe five minutes and it looked like a bunch of white girls who didn't know how to dance or move sensually. Seriously, it was the equivalent of kids trying to pretend at something adults do. Burlesque is about eroticism and sensuality, which the PV show had none of. Would not attend anything PV related again, the QA was terrible as well.

>>8399910

They are all just sluts hiding behind being porn stars, so it's fun and acceptable to be an adult but still act like a fourteen year old whore. Did anyone see them in the hottub/bar? Train wreck, all of them.

>>8399917

there was that female band who did the theme song to sailor moon and other shows....There was some lady who had a two hour panel on how cast resin. I'm sure there were more.

>>8400065

She claimed she chose the name Jessie Slaughter as a stage name before the whole "you dun goofed" thing happened. We're supposed to believe it was all a coincidence.

>> No.8401423

>>8401413
>the fucking hot tub bar
YO WAS ANYONE ELSE IN THE HOT TUB WHEN THAT FEDORA OF NECKBEARDS WAS THERE.

It started with like four fat dudes singing the pokemon theme song SUPER drunk and then they sang Journey and.....just.

Christ.

Even the weebs were staring at them and moving away. There was a MASSIVE circle of distance away from them.

The icing on the cake was when they began rubbing bellies.

>> No.8401579

>>8401423

I'm glad I missed that, lmfao

>> No.8401687

>>8401423
I only made it to the hot tub bar once, but maybe that was for the best

>> No.8402112

So I've always wanted To attend this con and I was foolish to assume that the room block would open a bit after the con ended.

So is it still worth going to if you have to stay in overflow hotels? How much money do you burn a day paying to get into the Kalahari park?

>> No.8402175

>>8402112

The other hotels aren't far honestly, and you'll save a bit of money honestly as the rooms, while at a reduced cost, are still part of a resort and priced as such. The problem this year was the shuttle system, and hopefully the organizers will fix that this year. They are well aware it was a big problem, along with parking (and by adding a good shuttle service, overflow folks won't need to drive as much).

As for the park, just to clarify you don't need water park passes to get in to the convention center. If that is something you want, there is a discounted rate on the passes if you're attending the con.

>> No.8402230

>>8402112
Pro-tip: if you can get into the outdoor waterpark (from literally every door that leads outside) you can get into the indoor waterpark without ever needing a wristband.

>> No.8402245

>>8402230
False as fuck, I was behind these three dudes with shady ass wristbands on and the word got put out on them real quick.

>> No.8402251

>>8402175

Thanks for the tip. Any advice on where to stay for overflow?

I do know that you don't have to have passes to get into the con center but honestly most of the fun of the con seems to be hanging out in swimsuit costumes right? So I'd definitely want to do that.

>>8402230

Honestly, I'm too paranoid for sneaking into places but I will keep it in mind.

>> No.8402260

>>8402251

Maui Sands and the Great Wolf Lodge are pretty decent and will cost less than Kalahari rooms. That said, you also get waterpark stuff there that you probably won't use (I would guess people likely have room parties at these though). There's like 8-9 traditional hotels nearby as well, but not all of them team up with the con for reduced pricing if you want to go that way as well.

If you're curious about the pass prices, check with the Colossalcon staff in a couple months to see what they negotiated. They're pretty responsive.

>> No.8402290

>>8402260
Yeah I saw a bunch of the other hotels had parks too. I've stayed at a GWL before and it was great but everyone's going to be gathering at the Kalahari so I figured it's not all that worth it to stay in another resort hotel.

Though it would be nice to stay at a hotel that's on the shuttle with the hope that it's improved next year.

>> No.8402924

260 posts and barely any photos? Surely you guys took some pictures while you were there.

>> No.8403130

>>8402924
>going to colossal to take pics
lol no

>> No.8404066

>>8401423
Wish I was there so I could record iit and post it on YouTube. Make a series call "Why You Should Whoop Your Kids" or something.