[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 1.12 MB, 577x803, lolita4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8383704 No.8383704 [Reply] [Original]

Is lolita lifestyle dead? No, just in hiding! Discuss all things related to lolita lifestyle here.

>Are you a lolita lifestyler? Why or why not? Tell us about yourself and what lead to it.
>What kind of perfect lolita lifestyle would you have if you could?
>What are you doing to make lolita more apart of your lifestyle? Changing up your decor? Any hobbies or activities you want to try?
>What feeds your soul as a lolita? Writings, books, media, artwork, and generally things that shape the lolita you are.

Feel free to be fuzzy, sentimental and generally not your salty, gully self here.

>> No.8383731

It sounds kind of simple, but I really want to learn to bake more, especially sweets of all kinds. I keep looking up old Victorian recipes and it feels really good to just sit there and eat them in taobao classic lolita. I'm not too good at it yet, but at least the family doesn't complain.

>> No.8384391

>>8383704
>Are you a lolita lifestyler? Why or why not? Tell us about yourself and what lead to it.

I don't know if I would use that term to describe myself, but I do fit the description of one in most ways. I like to read old books, dress well, drink tea, bake, garden etc. I have a weird obsession with Emily Post and other etiquette books.

I'd have a house with a nice kitchen and a yard, instead of a garden apartment.

>What are you doing to make lolita more apart of your lifestyle? Changing up your decor? Any hobbies or activities you want to try?

I'm in the process of changing my decor to a more feminine style (from no style at all with plain walls and mismatched furniture). I'm learning to paint with watercolors and I'd like to start teaching myself crocheting and sewing soon.

>What feeds your soul as a lolita? Writings, books, media, artwork, and generally things that shape the lolita you are.

Reading good books makes me "feel" lolita, especially when I'm wearing a good coord and reading in public, like at a nice coffee shop. Lately I've been watching a lot of French new wave films. I try to go to museums as often as I can, as well as libraries. As far as artwork goes, aside from the obvious ones like Kira Imai, Yoh and Sakizo, I love El Greco, Goya, Escher, and any other artist whose works I can lose myself into.

I don't think lifestyle lolita is dead mostly because I'm not convinced it was ever alive in the first place.

>> No.8384417

This is my dream, I would love my home to match my clothing and personality!

I would love to learn to play the flute. As a child I was obsessed with faeries and I wanted to learn the flute so badly but my family couldn't afford the lessons, I still feel the same way about learning!
Something classic like the violin as well would be amazing!

As far as my home goes I am weeb trash and I have no room. I can't wait to get a nice large house of my own and furnish it the way I would adore!

>> No.8384436

>>8384417
do you consider learning an instrument to be very 'lifestyle lolita'-esque? it's not actually very fun at all, unless you're into showing off your musical prowess. another thing to bear in mind is if you learn the classical way, it's very hard to play contemporary music, but it's equally hard to play classical music if you learn contemporary. also, i find that to really enjoy music, theory of knowledge is also needed to really understand what's happening

no, i have a lot of 'rare' prints and to me personally, they don't feel like every day clothing. i do wear my cheaper pieces out and about, but they're not suitable for work or many of the places i go on weekends. i feel like being a lifestyler would entail being a daily lolita, ie wearing the fashion every day, and it's such a hassle to squeeze onto public transport and seats that i'd just rather not
i guess the perfect lifestyle would be to just relax all day every day, being able to wear lolita to do everything. i'd also spend a lot more time on crafting and sewing, plus my house would look like an edwardian mansion except the decor would still be minimalist
not much really, but i guess my room and places around the house are beginning to look more 'lolita' as they stuff i buy starts piling up
>What feeds your soul as a lolita? Writings, books, media, artwork, and generally things that shape the lolita you are
just lots of coord pictures, i especially like seeing flat coords with lots of detail shots
this sounds hugely hypocritical, but i prefer people to use items from stores in their coord shots, so i can just buy ready-made items to match if i see something i like

>> No.8384558

>Lifestyler?
No
>Why not?
/cgl/ collectively disbelieves in us. By adopting the label, I might lose my magic dust, shrivel up and die.
>What lead to it?
I am lucky enough to live in a social and professional setting that encourages "weird" self expression, and the lifestyle goths were here long before me. Everyone around me is an enabler and encourager in the best way, and they think I'm adorable. With no checks and balances to make me feel uncomfortable or pressured into being a certain way at certain times, I just exploded cute over everything, even my work life.
Castle, and trade in my driver's car for a horse drawn carriage. Maybe someday when I don't need to be on time for things. :,^)
>What are you doing to make lolita more apart of your lifestyle?
Trying to wear legit coords 3 times a week (instead of my usual gray area casual or sort of otome, etc.)
>Changing up your decor?
Leaving as it is for now, earthy and simple with climbing and flowering indoor/outdoor gardens, like a mori house, except for my office, which I basically turned into a mini, sweet lolita cafe and boutique so my friends can come over for "high tea" and try stuff on.
>Any hobbies you want to try?
I would like to learn to knit, etsy PDF patterns are just a tease rn.
>What feeds your soul as a lolita?
The freedom to choose the cute option and the ability to create it if there isn't one already. Not just the option, or the illusion of choice, but the complete freedom to pursue girly stuff without losing credibility or relationships. It makes me feel like a queen, and not a self conscious weaboo freak.

>> No.8384739

It's not dead! I sew, cross stitch , embroider and bake and decorate like a classic lolita and read a lot of old classic literature like Jane Austen novels. I was always that way though, which is why I was so attracted to lolita, but it's definitely more than fashion to me.

>> No.8384749

>>8384391
>El Greco, Goya, Escher

No offense to your tastes, but those artists are not at all lolita.

>> No.8384756

>>Are you a lolita lifestyler? Why or why not? Tell us about yourself and what lead to it.

I was always into vintage classic stuff. I don't wear lolita every day but I would if I could. I live in a house built in the 20's that was featured in better homes and gardens magazine. I wear sweet,classic and gothic but I prefer classic. I bake, sew, and read classic literature. I'm from the American south and my family is well off, so it cones naturally with growing up with my elderly parents and grandmother.

>>What kind of perfect lolita lifestyle would you have if you could?

I love my house, but a bigger yard would be nice for gardening and parties. I would love a husband who loves me wearing lolita who would be a traditional Christian gentleman as well as a daughter we can raise go be a polite little lady.
>>What are you doing to make lolita more apart of your lifestyle? Changing up your decor?

I'm currently planning some new decor to display my clothes and wigs.

>>What feeds your soul as a lolita? Writings, books, media, artwork, and generally things that shape the lolita you are.

Shopping for it, sewing, painting, reading and generally lurking on forums and stuff.

>> No.8386319

>>8384749
Well, duh, considering when they were alive and what they painted. I just like those artists, I didn't mean they were so gosu roriiii desu

>> No.8386338

>>8384749
Isn't most of what JetJ does basically "art lolita"? I'm not too up on all the artwork they put on dresses, but they've done some unusual ones I never thought would be a print.

>all the artists you mentioned

I wouldn't mind this.

>> No.8386343
File: 109 KB, 373x373, chipmunkpaper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8384749
Mana is a fan of Escher, so there's your lolita connection.

Also my food captcha had a picture of a roach...

>> No.8386383

>Are you a lolita lifestyler? Why or why not?
Tell us about yourself and what lead to it.
No, but I dearly wish to be. I'm a student and my personality is fairly brash so I don't feel very elegant. I wear lolita (classic) whenever I can though.

I would love a small, pretty house with a little yard for gardening and reading in. Maybe be a housewife who works from home, I feel like that would make lifestyle easier. I'd want things to be simple and pretty, decor wise.

I wear lolita to church, school, and out a lot! I love going to museums and gardens dressed up. I'm hoping to redecorate my room, and also learn how to waltz and other dances.

Books, definitely. Art too, but mostly music. I love waltzes and classical music, they make everything feel so elegant.

>> No.8386671

I don't think so. I think I lead a fairly normal life. I do dress in lolita almost everyday though and my home has a nice quirky aesthetic.
Have my dream home with dream decor, live by the ocean or in a forest, be a pro at crafting and cooking, spend my days doing artsy things or relaxing outside.
I'm currently getting into collecting ceramics from the 60s, buying nice furniture and decor, and have recently started up needlefelting.
Crafting, animating, movies, scenery, nice atmospheres, eating at cafes, museums and galleries, a good book.

>> No.8386684

>>8384417
As someone who played flute for a decade, it's a lovely instrument but it's also a crazy bipolar bitch. Love it though, only quit because high school band burnt me out and university was busy.

>> No.8386696

I'd like to be more involved in the lifestyle side of the fashion, wearing it daily or nearly daily, room decor and being more involved with lolita lifestyle appropriate hobbies. Sadly I work so much and wear a uniform that on my days off and time away from work I'm not feeling it unless there's an event or gathering. I don't want to draw undue attention to myself in public because I just don't trust people and prefer safety in numbers. I just like to go out, do what I want to do and get home to be a hermit. I'm a huge nerd and would rather draw sci-fi comics and write/read sci-fi trash than pretty girls in beautiful dresses (though I do on occasion). My husband also thinks decorating the house with his waifus is good decorating. I honestly don't care all that much really and I'm indifferent. I just keep my personal space (craft/office room) where I spend most of my time away from work decorated in a way that appeals to me. I keep some of my lolita things out on display like bonnets, artwork and the like. My tastes lean more toward sweet even though my wardrobe is leaning more toward a bit more mature sweet along with classic. I have a lot of stuffed animals and vintage toys on display in my room since I collect those kinds of things. I also enjoy baking but I should really not. I tend to bake things and take them to work so I don't eat them myself.

>> No.8386778

I don't try to lolify everything but if it fits a princess image then why fight it

live in a modified castle, dressing room, elegant car, do charity shit

Im trying to wear Lolita daily and get rid of all my 'normal' clothing. I started by eliminating trousers and casual tops, then office wear/smart casual. if I don't force myself its too easy to just throw on anything

the early glb and sewing magazine photo shoots inspire me, museums.

>> No.8386782

I don't think so. I attend a lot of meet ups but don't wear Lolita that often (about once a week maybe). Due to a small budget I don't have that many clothes to wear Lolita as much as I want to.

Work in an (antique) book shop, dress up as Lolita everyday, earn enough money to fund my hoddy.
The bookshop would be small and cute, beautifully decorated, all my customers would be nice and I could read or draw all day. We would sell new as well as anitque books, the most beautiful books on display to let everyone see their beutiful artwork. Maybe we could support some local artist and exhibit their work (if is matches the shop) in our store. Being surrounded by literature and artwork whil ein a pretty dress, what more can yu dream of?
Too bad small bookshops are about to die out & salary would be pretty shitty, there are no real options to climb a career ladder and I probably wouldn't be allowed to wear Lolita. Sigh... But one can dream!

I picked up embroidery, after years I also finally returned to drawing, and I love to read books. Some of the even appropriate for Lolita. I try to keep my room decorated in a cute way, but sadly my space is small and I am the worst person when it comes to keeping it tidy.

Art, definitely. Drawing pretty pictures. Also reading books (esp. older Classics like the Bronte sisters, Wilde, Goethe, etc). Going to meet ups.

>> No.8387922

Tell us about yourself and what lead to it.
Not yet, but i would be one day. I have too few lolita pieces and all printed sweet pieces not really for everyday. I want to buy old school plain gothic or sweet to wear for daily and not. But i'm in a hold to buy lolita pieces, i need otome/fairy dresses and skirts for daily that are more pratical.
Compared to others, i dislike baking and cooking, i can't sew or knit all all but i can create kawaii jewellry. My perfect lifestyle is more modern, i like some vintage clothing and deco but i prefer more bright pastels and black gothic items.I want to wear the fashion more at home and do many shots at home since i don't have many places to go, read classic literature books (even horror), while i eat some sweets and Schwarz Stein or Kaya music on the background. I'm trying to finding "lolita" appropriate music, that sound also "gothic". Not really keen into classic or instrumental music, i'm more a hard and loud beats music fan than soft melodies, not metal but electronic music genres, even the darkest ones.
I would like to create a creepy cute room! Or a themed cute one for example strawberries and bunnies, i plan to do like this my study. Without changing my furniture, i don't have much money. My personality is somewhat ok with a lifestyle because i'm collected and into indoor activities that don't involve physical activity, also asocial like Momoko, lol. I want to be the lone maiden into a cute lifestyle, surrounding myself with kawaii items, clothing and creepy but beautiful music. I would like to go strolling in natural sceneries with many flowers but where i live not much of these sadly.

>> No.8387942

>>8387922
Cont.
I want to engage in some hobbies like miniature dollhouses, even vintage styled and bjds but they are way more expensive. When i stop to buy lolita (i don't need 100+ main pieces maybe 20 are ok) or just get sometimes a small thing to coordinate or a main piece i really love but i want to cultivate these hobbies.
I love horror stories like vampires, with romance like horror classics. About music, the perfect "lolita" music for me is always Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois, but it's ages i don't listen to them so i listen to Schwarz Stein and Kaya, Yura Hatsuki and other obscure doujin artists that remember me of "lolita" with the music style. About art, i love Imai Kira and... i would like to collect GLBs, especially the old ones with old school coords and lifestyle stuff.

>> No.8387981
File: 313 KB, 600x450, 7May1_Angelic_Pretty_Osaka.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What would you gulls consider ideal "lifestyle"-esque places to work? Obviously some would require uniforms but it's more the feeling you'd get from working there I guess. Here's some I could think of:
> Brand Store (obvious)
> Library
> Bookstore
> Bakery
> Makeup Store
> Toy Store (inb4 "ageplay!", preferably I mean ones with older style vintage toys)
> Secondhand or Consignment Store
> Antique Shop
> Taxidermist (for gothic)
> Doll Shop
You would think cafe but no -- rushing around constantly, spilling hot drinks all over yourself and your coworkers, serving stale food to grouchy customers, and coming home with the permanent smell of burnt coffee on you. Absolutely not like my kawaii animus showed me, 0/10.

>> No.8387995

>>8387981
I considered to work for a library but working in a doll shop would be really cute!
A candy store would be an option.

>> No.8388009

Does cgl really not like the idea of the lifestyle because this is 4chan and it's considered normal here to be a loud mouthed rude piece of shit?

>> No.8388030

>>8388009
I don't think they hate it, a lot just think it doesn't exist or is barely there? I think lifestylers have always been more quiet. The last big e-personality to be a lifestyler I think was Skye. If I'm wrong, I'd love to see anyone link some other semi-well known lifestyle lolitas.

>> No.8388033

No, but I'd like to have more lolita lifestyle elements into my life because I love those "old fashion" tastes and activities. It's just currently unpractical.

More lolita to wear at least once a week and pretty clothes for other occasions. A well decorated and roomy home to entertain (I've always wanted to have an in house meetup). Time and money for more "leisurely" activities.

>What are you doing to make lolita more a part of your lifestyle? Changing up your decor? Any hobbies or activities you want to try?
I'd like to decorate my room to a more shabby chic style, but it's a little hard when I'm also a massive weeb. I am relearning how to play the piano though.

I haven't really been feeling up to getting into lolita lifestyle things lately. Kind of burnt out from life. I still like doing things like visiting antique shops and gardens and just taking my time; we live in a fast paced world and I can see taking time for oneself, even if it's an afternoon for tea and a book as something a part of a lolita lifestyle . I also like being surrounded by pretty/cute and old world things.

>> No.8388066

>>8388009
I think a lot of people are wary of lifestylers because there are a lot of girls who say they are lifestyle lolitas when they don't actually wear the fashion and are just 'lolitas at heart'

The backlash against the lifestyle aspects came from princess skye groupies who went zealous with the whole antique manner and 'lolita at heart' thing while never setting foot in a petticoat. And lj groups like Eat Fucking Cake sprang up to celebrate how unlifestyle many girls were.

>> No.8388518

>>8388066
Is that really why Eat Fucking Cake was made? I found it a bit late when the comm was totally dead. I was wondering why there was a need for such a thing.

>there needs to be a dead lolita LJ comm thread sometime

>> No.8389150

I don't consider myself a lifestyler, but I like to think that in an ideal world I could be one. I have a few stereotypical lifestyle hobbies- baking sweets, sewing, listening to classical music, etc. And I think I have the right demeanor for it, if that's a thing? I'm softspoken, have good manners, and people always say I'm sweet.
If I had unlimited money/more control over my living situation I would totally have a beautiful lolita house but currently I live with my parents, my room is a mess, and I work at Joann's... not very cute. Messiness is part of my nature too so I don't think I could ever be the perfect lifestyle lolita.

>> No.8389204

>>8388009

This girl >>8388066 has it right. It's even more cringeworthy when you get to read the intro posts and they basically say "I love reading books! That means I'm a lolita!". Ugh, no. Lolita means lolita clothes. You can lolify the rest of your lifestyle, but you're not a lolita if you don't have the clothes.

>loud mouthed rude piece of shit

You don't have to be a lolita lifestyler to have nice manners.