[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 523 KB, 600x450, holy land.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8368494 No.8368494 [Reply] [Original]

Post pictures and discuss your favorite brick and mortar stores. Talk of store experiences, post staff girls (preferably in or by the store) or any updates on your favorite lolita and/or j-fashion stores.

>What stores or branches would you like to make a pilgrimage to?
>What would be a dream store you'd want where you live?
>Are there any brands, indie or otherwise, you wish had a physical store?
>If you had your own lolita or j-fashion store, what would it look like and what brands would you sell?

>> No.8368516

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kRXAryRDY

I'll go first. I've never had much of an interest in Metamorphose or their stores, but this tour of their Kyoto location makes me really want to go. I think it's actually one of the nicer physical lolita brand stores.

I'd love to see more video tours similar to this if anyone has any to share.

>> No.8368529

Have anyone been in the Harajuku Bodyline store recently, do they still play that Disney eurobeat cd all day everyday?

>> No.8368530

>>8368529
I don't know why but this image is cracking me up. I hope the answer is yes.

I've never been to any kind of physical Lolita or j fashion store, but I hope I can go one day. The chance to see things in person before buying is really appealing to me.

>> No.8368541

>>8368530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux7ojBwPbms

>> No.8368542

When I was there a few years ago, the BTSSB store in Paris was staffed by a single bored young Asian man playing phone games who paid no mind to me trying on even cutsews. My friend and I were speaking French to each other (not natively though) so it's not like we wouldn't have understood if he said no. I learned afterwards that this is apparently abnormal practice in a BABY store.

Odd experience, I guess.

>> No.8368544

>>8368541
Oh my god. I had the morbid curiosity to look up Disney Eurobeat, since Bodyline apparently thinks it's a thing. I found the exact song and was just listening to it seconds before I clicked play on this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCO78Or25o

>> No.8368546

>>8368529
I was just there last week, can confirm they still do. Why play that of all things?

>> No.8368548
File: 21 KB, 300x300, That_4d862c_142873.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8368546
YASSSS

>> No.8368574

>>8368541
That is fucking hilarious.

It's kinda sad how huge and well-stocked Bodyline is compared to the brand stores. The general impression I get of brand stores is that they are way too small and don't have enough stock.

>> No.8368578

>>8368529
Was also there last week, can double confirm they play the tune.
shopped for cosplay while listening to "its a small word" dropping sick beats

>> No.8368613

Well posting what I can. Going to be long.

>harajuku bodyline
Went on Sunday. Crowded with foreigners, 10% of them wearing milanoo-esque JSK without a blouse. 50% white girls squealing "omgggg this is so cute~~~". Rest is a mix of quiet people looking through stuff. The stuff are on coat hangers, covered in clear garment bag things. Many sizes, much stock. (Wow) but no try ons.
6/10 would possibly go in to cringe (and buy cheap pleated skirts) again.

>laforet Btssb/Aatp
I was treated nicely. The shopgirl recognized my baby cutsew dress, and thanked me for wearing it. She recommended me a few similar cutsew dresses, she was good at picking out things in my style. I picked out an umbrella, and she kept it for me at the desk while I browsed. When I was done, I paid, and she put the tag in a sealed bag to keep it prestine and put a little ribbon on the handle. "Store" itself is just a couple of long hangers, and a case of accessories in the middle. Small, but organized.
10/10 would worship that brand in a future lifetime again.

>laforet angelic pretty
More floor space than btssb/aatp. They have a walled off corner to themselves which provides more room. Lots of stock. Shopkeepers are nice, and keep to themselves, but did greet me nicely.
10/10 make your stuff for tall people and I'll gladly toss you my money.

>Liz Lisa @ harajuku
My heart melted a bit inside. The shop assistants are not only model perfect like they jumped out of the magazine, but they are also so petite that I could fit a few in my pockets. Super friendly and energetic. The one who greeted me spoke English, and gave me a flyer with sales and coupons.
10/10 they almost convinced me spend the money I reserved for closet child

>tralala @ harajuku (above Liz Lisa)
Not as eccentric as Liz Lisa, but still super nice, organized, and English speaking.
10/10 I got nothing to say, neither negative or positive experience.

1/2

>> No.8368617

>>8368530
I hope you don't need to try stuff on before buying it too or else you're out of luck

>> No.8368625

>>8368529
Wini za puu
Wini za puu
Wirry nirry shiri orudo beya

>> No.8368628

I really liked bttsb in SF, it was decently stocked, but I ordered what I wanted online for pickup just in case. I also got some $20 cute socks because why not. The AP store was so sad, though, lol. We thought it was closed because it was so dark, and they only had the ugly flower print and salon de the rose in colors no one wanted. I was hoping just to get some socks or a ring or something but nope.
I honestly think lolita brand storefronts are kind of useless. Especially AP doesn't need a whole store for like 6 dresses.

>> No.8368631

>>8368625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xidHiUsTwgk&list=PLZFOYqPsPO7nRyokzO9H-qGji2c8BjeT-&index=5

I can't stop listening to this awful and catchy music

>> No.8368635

>>8368578
Is the lolita shit on the 2nd floor or where?
I went while I was in Japan, but it was crowded and I felt awkward in Bodyline wearing all brand, so I only managed to find the cosplay area.

>> No.8368647

>>8368613
2/3* Cont.

>Liz Lisa @ 109
like the Liz Lisa in harajuku, the shop keepers there are like models, but these ones pile on the makeup a bit more lol. The entire 109 athmosphere is a bit overwhelming, the shopgirls talk really loudly about their deals near the entrance to attract customers, but this is the same with every store there, they're just competing in the same game. Bigger than the harajuku location. Many many shopgirls to help you, and I had an English speaking girl help me again. I wonder if it's a store policy to have 1 on staff at all times? Or I'm just lucky.
9/10 a bit too loud for my tastes with the music/girls but the large selection makes up for it.

>wonderrocket @ harajuku
Small, but has nice general j-fash things. Their "sister" store momo had a skirt I was eyeing, but justified that I shouldn't spend the money. I go to wonderrocket, and they have the same skirt, a bit better quality, and cheaper! Score. I feel like a lot of the store at street level sell things that are similar to wonderrocket. So if you like something, double check here first to see if you score a deal or not.
9/10 urn reel mooney

>conomi
I'm surprised this store is still here. No one was in it the two times I entered? There are no foreigners in here, just a Japanese couple(?) Who were in uniforms themselves. The prices weren't that outrageous. Some stores on the main street sell cardigans for only 10$ less than at conomi, so if you are set on a schoolgirl cardigan, check it out. The shopgirl was quiet, and greeted me nicely before doing her own thing.
10/10 quiet. Just the way I like it.

>Paris kids
Holy shit is this store busy. People are everywhere, tourists are pushing, and the shopkeepers are a bit grumpy. Who can blame them though, the store is crazy busy all the time.
7/10 has potential

>> No.8368667

>>8368631
This reminded me of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW8IE4kkXhk&

>> No.8368671

>>8368516
I wonder how she managed to film in the store? Do you think she got special permission?

>> No.8368676

>>8368647
3/3

>closet child gothic @ harajuku
Got a bit of skank eye from the shopkeeper at first, until my friend and I bought something, then she cheered right up to about a 50% level. If she's going for the cold, gothic look...well she's got it going on. It wasn't busy at all unlike the Lolita section...A bit more space too, but not by much.
7/10 I almost caved in and bought a MmM dress too

>closet child Lolita @ harajuku
PSA: don't wear a petti here. Every inch of floor has a person standing there, and if there isn't a person its clothing. I went on a Sunday, and I went during the week. Doesn't matter. The shopkeeper didn't even have time to give me slank eye if she wanted to, she was busy ringing in a long line of customers (but she was pretty sweet anyway). It's the store of your dreams, cheap burando everywhere. It's just really unfortunate that I couldn't really get around, or check out things on the lower racks. I had a friend who said that cc isn't really worth it, and its more worth it to pay ss fees to get what you really want off actions, but I disagree. If what you want are older pieces, or prints from brands that you never knew existed and now suddenly need. This is a great place for you. If you go in expecting AP doughnut prints and cosmic then you're expecting the wrong thing. Though, someone picked up the entire dreamy sky JSK set in lavender while I was there, so I mean, you could technically luck out on a good day...
>6/10 I'd give you a 5/10 but I bought cheap dresses from you without regrets.

Note: I am a chinese looking, tall female. I was either accompanied with my Chinese, Japanese speaking boyfriend, or my Chinese friend.
So experiences may vary as races may vary.*

*batteries not included.

>> No.8368680

>>8368667
Dat sock sliding down

>> No.8368683

>>8368635
It was really scattered around. I didn't go to the second floor because I just wanted one specific thing and wanted to get out of yandy-man land. Some JSK were at the front of the store. Some blouses around the corner on the main floor. The layout of the place wasn't too organized other than the maid dresses, that were all on one wall and organized by style.

>> No.8368693

I think the most polite shopstaff award goes to Innocent World and Atelier Pierrot. I went to their Laforet/Harajuku and Osaka shops on my trip and they were definitely the most genuinely polite of the brands I encountered.

Most shops greet you when you come in, but I found that the staff after that were pretty disinterested in helping me/talking to me until I came to the counter with my wallet out, or asked for a specific item from a closed case. The shops weren't exactly busy (I went mid-week), so they weren't overwhelmed with customers or the like. It could be that they didn't know if I would speak Japanese well enough for it to be worth the time, but they really didn't bother to try. No one was overtly rude, however. Even on the days that I went shopping in jeans and t-shirts.

The Innocent World staff in Osaka were all especially polite, commenting on my outfit/hair/asking how my day was while I browsed (my Japanese isn't great, so there was mostly a lot of broken phrases back and forth, with one of the girls giggling quite a bit). By comparison, the Atelier Pierrot staff were clearly looking to make sales. They helped me pick things out, and try on vests and accessories, but were still more chatty and willing to put up with my foreign ass than the staff at a couple of other places.

The Putumayo and h.naoto staff in Laforet were also friendly, but clearly a bit distracted because it was quiet. The staff in Putumayo were goofing around, taking photos with a storm trooper helmet in front of their shop banner (I have noooo idea), and the h.naoto staff were on the phone while I was browsing.

>> No.8368694

>>8368671
I think she did. I've heard some stores will let you if you ask and explain why. I've seen more than one video like this and pictures inside of stores themselves.

>> No.8368697

>>8368693
Oh. And Metamorphose. The one in Laforet only had one staff member working, and she was on the phone. But when she finished, she came over to thank me for waiting and for carrying a Metamorphose bag/rail pass.

Their shop in Osaka was closed, however. Never found out why.

>> No.8368702

>>8368676
I go to CC in Harajuku at least once a week, and I've never seen it that crowded. I agree that you shouldn't wear a petti, though. The shop layout is pretty small/narrow.

>>8368683
Bodyline's shop is really confusing/poorly designed, imo, and the first couple of times I went, I wasn't even sure if there was an upstairs/I was allowed to go there.
It's always pretty busy, though it's mostly been Japanese school-age girls when I've gone.

>> No.8368707

>>8368542
When I went there in 2013 it was staffed by a single bored white girl browsing Tumblr on her computer. She pushed me into trying bloomers. It was really odd and I was kind of uncomfortable.

>> No.8368715

>>8368542
>>8368707

These are really weird stories for brand, but I've heard bad things about the Paris branches.

Does anyone know more about the old Angelic Pretty Paris store and why it closed? I remember reading some french lolitas were upset about the girl who ran it causing drama on an official blog or Facebook? All I know is that it had a meltdown, closed, and the inventory went into some other general j-fashion store.

>> No.8368743
File: 146 KB, 830x590, 1429942607782.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8368494

>> No.8368746

>>8368743
This is super cute! I love the sweets on the shelves. Which brand is this?

>> No.8368764

>>8368702
I went when it was the 70% off instore, maybe thats why?

>> No.8368767
File: 141 KB, 830x590, 1429942676708.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8368746
no clue, i found it in an old fairy kei/aomoji kei thread

>> No.8368814

>>8368628
Seconding you on this. The girls at btssb were lovely and had decent coords. The store was also very bright and easy to browse. AP was terrible. One shop girl was very sweet, but the rest of the staff didn't even try. They just sat behind the counter and talked amongst themselves. The store was so dark and hot. It was so disappointing.

>> No.8368832

I'm actually going to the BtSSB store in Paris later this year, and after reading so many potential questionable comments about the store I'm starting to become less excited...

Is it really that bad? I don't want to get my hopes up too much if it is... I don't mind terrible staff because honestly I'm just there to spend my money, is there at least some worth while amount of stock?

>> No.8369086

>>8368832
It's not bad. It's small, the staff is >french< of course so you know what to expect, but it't not bad at all.

>> No.8369093

I went to the Baby store in San Francisco a few years ago and it was really unwelcoming. The store itself was nice but the two workers were unprofessional and spent the whole time I was there (and I was only person in the store) gossiping together. The guy even kept throwing out "fucks" and "damns" and didn't say a word to me when I paid for my stuff.

>> No.8369112

>>8368715
I thought I heard drama about the paris store not receiving shipments on time and them finding it hard to get in contact with AP in japan?? or is that the story the shopowner gave to cover their ass cause I'm not too sure myself besides from some post I read in passing on cgl a while ago

>> No.8369134

>>8369093
I went to AP SF in January, and the shop girls didn't seem interested at all when I first entered. Granted I was with my mom and sister, and I wasn't wearing lolita. However as soon as I started gathering pieces for the fitting room, they started talking more, and ended up being quite nice. They seemed really happy to hear we were visiting from another country. By the time I was done and paying, they were almost talking non stop lol. However, as we were heading out these two weeby teens came in (greasy hair, animu pins) and began making noises and looking around, and you could just see the daggers shooting from the shop girl's eyes. So I guess as long as you are actually interested in purchasing something and not obnoxious, they can be pretty nice.

>> No.8369148

>>8369086
Oh, I suppose by french you mean "nice, helpful but quiet", right ? Because Baby Paris's staff is adorable in every point. The owner Sawada san is the nicest person, always tying back your waist ties and trying to get the wanted pieces for the shop, and shop assistant Claire is a nice, elegant and soft spoken lady. Sales assistans not being pushy is a thing here.

>> No.8369216

>>8368529
Can confirm they play that same soundtrack in Osaka, Nagoya and Tokyo

I wonder how the shop staff feel...

>> No.8369219

>>8368832
I went there less than a month ago. it was my first brand store experience but I have no complaints. The asian guy was very nice to me, taking my coat and hanging it up while I browsed and tried stuff on, but I had a very determined "I'm going to buy things" face. He wrapped up my purchase super nice and was helpful in providing me with overseas tax redemption papers. I would go again if I'm ever in Paris.

>> No.8369532

>>8369216
Maybe it's their anthem

>> No.8369553

>>8369134
That kind of makes sense. I'm guessing that they get a lot of normalfags in that have no interest in buying, and are just there to look at all the weird stuff.

>> No.8369560

The AP shopgirls in Laforet all look exhausted.

>> No.8369568

>angelic pretty sf
even though their shop isn't very well stocked, I always have the best experiences here with the shopgirls, in or out of lolita. I have found them to be very sweet, excited to help if I need it, and once one shopgirl showed me a sneak peek of the newest print that was being released the next day.

> btssb sf
in the handful of times I visited this store, I only had one memorable experience with a staff member, who helped me select a JSK and blouse together, and let me try them on/helped with my corset lacing and waistties. but the other staff members have been cold and very socially awkward, never really leaving the sales desk. I do love their shop layout, overlooking Japantown.

>tokyo rebel/btssb nyc
shopgirls don't pay attention to you if you're not wearing lolita. but, if you are in lolita they are very nice and engaging, will chat, talk about your items or what you're looking for. I would say this is my second favorite of the US stores behind AP SF if I'm wearing lolita. the shop is small but usually well stocked.

>> No.8369926

>>8369148
Not that anon but I can see how it's a bit off putting for american lolitas, were so used to hyper-enthusiastic sales people at normalfag stores, or we've heard about japanese shop culture and how attentive that is.
I agree with you though, when I visited the shopgirl was quiet but very sweet even when I was just buying a little accessory and talked to me in English since my French isn't good enough to be conversational.

>> No.8369933

>>8368574
>how huge and well-stocked Bodyline is compared to the brand stores.

that's like saying it's sad that walmart is huge and wellstocked.

>> No.8369941

>>8368693
putumayo is so chill. even the designer is a goof.

>> No.8369958

>>8368767
>>8368746
>>8368743
i believe this is KATIE or swankiss (probably KATIE)

>> No.8370479

>>8368832
its nice, a bit small. had a hell of a time finding it though

>> No.8370516
File: 1.35 MB, 930x631, BabySF.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The only one I've been to. Definitely had the pristine-and-quiet feel.

>> No.8370572

>>8368628
Yeah, exactly my experience too. I arrived on release date for some new print so the AP store wasn't quite as sad, but otherwise they just had things nobody really wanted, like AP Cameo Window at some absurd price in brown.

Baby had an excellent selection and engaging/excited shop ladies. Prices were reasonable, too. Sadly, seeing that much Baby in front of me reminded me of how shit their print quality is.

>> No.8370744

I miss fairytale boutique. Even if a lot was overpriced it was a lovely experience for me every time.

>> No.8370766

>Btssb/Tokyo Rebel NYC

small, but clean. shopgirl super helpful and just attentive enough to be approachable but not overwhelming. had to ring up purchases from each "store" separately, and NYC tax on top of the markup was a bitch. the cost gave me renewed appreciation for second-hand Japanese sites, but they also have items that are more expensive or questionable to ship, such as shoes and Lumiere umbrellas.

>> No.8370784

>>8370744
Agreed. Never had a bad experience there. All the shopgirls were always so sweet to me. Their events were usually fun too, even if way too crowded.

>> No.8370870
File: 51 KB, 480x344, o0480034412947428534.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8369958
Looks like Swankiss, judging by the clothes. Katie is equally cute though.
>pic related

>> No.8371074

>>8368529
>>8368631
>>8368625
>>8368541
That's fucking hilarious. It's like 2003 again and people were still hardcore into para para.

>nightonfire

>>8368542
I went the summer they had opened and I remember the store being watched by a well-dressed, but really bored Japanese store keeper (still find it weird being on the quieter end of Ledru Rollin). In spite of being dressed terribly ita at the time, she was really sweet toward me and I remember her lightly scolding my cousin and brother for taking photos.

>> No.8371114

is it true the head shop girl at closet child harajuku is one crazy bitch?

>> No.8371116

>>8370870
yeah now that i see the ice candy sign and ice cream purses i realize it's swankiss's ice candy line

>> No.8371127

>>8371074
Man. I fuckin' love Para para. I'm shit at it, but I used to go fuck around on the arcade machine at the mall every weekend.

>> No.8371129

>>8371114
If she is, I didn't encountered her. Everyone I spoke to when I went there a few weeks back was perfectly pleasant, even when I told them I didn't speak Japanese and just did a lot of handwaving.

The girl in the gothic floor was a bit quiet, but she seemed to be pulling stock and was pretty busy.

>> No.8371475

>>8370516
Is this the one in San Francisco? Looks like the inside of it, but just making sure.

>> No.8371539

Been to tons of burando store in japan but enjoyed the service most at innocent world (harajuku).

Because there isnt any shoppers since i went during the weekdays, i have the shop all to myself.

The shop assistant was dressed extremely cutely and helping me with coordinates since im pretty new to the fashion. She was having a lot of fun choosing the clothes for me and suggesting accessories.

Speaking a bit of broken english here and there but we communicated pretty well.

She surprised me by asking if i would like an extra large innocent world shopping bag to put my loots from takeshita street. I passed my shopping bags to her and she packed them up nicely, along with my purchase from innocent world, into the bag.

i dont know if it may seem like normal service to you guys but to me it is exceptionally great service. (In my country, the service is so bad that the shop assistants will play with their smartphones and totally ignoring your existence until u make ur way to the purchasing counter)
I had a great time.

>> No.8371551

>>8371539
IW's service was the best I experienced, too. Most of the shops walk you to their border/exit and that's it. IW walked me to the elevator in both Harajuku and Osaka, and waited until I was inside with the door close to go back to the shop.

It was disconcertingly polite, even.

>> No.8371764

>>8370516

Sauce on the gorgeous dark color x offwhite skirts(?) at far right? Either the navy/wine/black or brown/red.

>>8371475
Looks just like san fran to me.

>> No.8371790

>>8368832
Don't expect a lot of stuff or the shopgirl to come to you or talk unless you ask her something (she's nice btw and doesn't have a bitchface or anything so I don't know how people could have a bad experience).

It's quiet, small, there's not a lot of people so I rarely spend too much time there.

>> No.8371810

>>8371764
Closest I found- and yeah, it's San Francisco.
http://www.babyssb.co.jp/gallery/classical-gallery/
http://www.babyssb.co.jp/gallery/classical-gallery/

>> No.8371858

>>8369148
Seconded. I went to BTSSB Paris in 2014 right around after the New Year. Even though I was dressed in normalfag clothes and looked a total mess (dear god I wasn't used to that sort of cold and wind), didn't speak a word of French other than 'bonjour', Claire was super polite and helpful. I had a great experience at the store.

Honestly I don't understand America's stereotype about French people being rude/unhelpful at ALL. Everyone I encountered in France was extremely nice and helpful, despite my butchering of their gorgeous language when asking "Par-lay voo on-glaze??"

>> No.8372026

>>8371127
How can a para para dance machine exist when you only make two steps??

>> No.8372088

>>8372026
Motion sensors. You break the beam with the hand motions.

>> No.8372225

>>8368541
oh my god the memories, the music is still the same from back in '08 afair, my friend and i were pissing ourselves over it.