[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 136 KB, 375x500, jm5820.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8366269 No.8366269 [Reply] [Original]

>Why are you leaving?
>Are you going to try some other j-fashion? Which one?
Let's share and help each other in this difficult phase!

Mori girls and otome fashion followers's advices are welcome!

>> No.8366289
File: 143 KB, 317x404, jane6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll start!
>Why are you leaving?
1) I want to save money for:
a)traveling
b)re-furniture and re-decorate my apartment.

2)I'm 25. I don't feel pretty or comfortable anymore.

>Are you going to try other j-fashion? Which one?
Yes. But I won't be spending on brand anymore, I guess. I'll probably buy one or two main pieces with the money I make from selling my lolita and use the rest to build a new wardrobe with taobao fillers.

I'm just deciding if I should go with mori or otome fashion.
Which other cute j-fashions are adaptable to everyday wear?

>> No.8367178
File: 439 KB, 496x372, grthfsh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>why?
Because I feel I've grown out of the need for attention.
I now work full time in a corporate setting and I love it, but don't have time for meets or dressing anymore.

>another fashion?
No, thanks.

>> No.8367879

I don't think I'm leaving but just not going to go to events or anything, and dress up only when I have time.

Just graduated college and got a job so focusing more on Otome and looking casually kawaii every day rather than ultra cute on some days and shitty/meh on others.

>> No.8367884

>>8366289
Is the photo babushka-kei?

>> No.8367891

>>8367884
Yes

>> No.8367901

>>8366289
Jfashion exists outside of the mori/lolita/etc labels. It's just a little hard to find out about them because there's no scene around them here. I sometimes come across really cute stuff just looking at what brands designer resellers on rakuten offer.

>> No.8367912
File: 606 KB, 440x237, if it makes you happy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8366269
>Why are you leaving?
I'm not actually leaving the fashion, but I am leaving the online community and local comm. Not because I feel ~oppressed~ and ~persecuted~ by all the bullies, but because in the rat race of new prints and e-fame, I've totally forgotten why I loved the fashion in the first place.
Reading thread after thread, blog after blog, nearly every topic about the fashion has been utterly exhausted for me. I realized CGL had infected my mind too much when I ended up 20 minutes late to meet up with (non-lolita) friends because I got caught up trying to match all my pinks.
So I'm going back to my roots as a lone loli, deflated petti and all.

>> No.8367914

>>8367912
Power to you, anon, and I hope you find more enjoyment as a lone Lolita. A part of me longs to go lone, but my comm has come along really well lately, so I'm hanging on, but trying to be less caught up in online shit.

>> No.8367916

>>8366289
25 anon?! That just isn't old. I'm 25 and left lolita for other reasons, but 25 isn't an uglier age than like 23 or something. I get mistaken for being younger all the time.

I like to joke that Lolita's have multiple mid-life crisis type freak outs, all in their prime. This behavior, ironically, contributed to me leaving. Lolita doesn't have longevity and comes off as a short-lived episode to people. There's no respect for seniority either, when I think being 30+ in lolita is kind of cool. Lolita is often treated like a big phase in a girls life and tossed aside. Girl's personas come off really cheap and fake to me once they phase out, totally changing face.

I kind of just went to other fashion and j-fashion where people don't cry over the fact they're 22 and "getting up there".

>> No.8367920

>>8367916
this, now I just wear generic akamoji/CanCam/AneCan type stuff and it's refreshing that nobody is giving me shit for being 'too old' for it