[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 11 KB, 356x119, otakonLogo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8361291 No.8361291 [Reply] [Original]

New Otakon 2015 Thread. Last one 404'd.
2 months! You guys ready to have fun?!

>> No.8361746

Not enough time ;-;

>> No.8361757

I haven't started my cosplay yet and I'm panicking.

>> No.8362771

>>8361291
Always ready for Otakon.

>> No.8362787

Is it a good con? Like is it big?

>> No.8362794

>>8362787
Biggest Anime con on the East Coast (biggest con in general on the East Coast is NYCC). Usually around 35k attendees. I've been going there for years since I usually only go to two or three cons a year and I always try to never miss it. Sometimes it has great guests, sometimes it has guests I never really had an interest in. I mostly go just to meet new people and for the Metal Gear cosplayers since they've been so nice to me over the years.

>> No.8362802

>>8362794
What are the usual highlights?

>> No.8362812

>>8362802
I honestly think that changes per person since it all comes down to your experience of the con. Mostly since it's out of my state it already gives me a thrill. Usually there's always something for you to do. I've really enjoyed going to the Voice Actors After Dark panel. I think it's on Saturday nights and the voice actor guests basically do parodies/talk out of character in their character voices.

I know this isn't really the con in general but there's a TON of food around within walking distance. Pretty much the whole inner harbor area turns into a con-town so you'll always run into someone from the con as long as you don't go too deep into Baltimore.

Rave/Dance w/e is alright. It's what you'd expect. They're not really my thing but I still always check it out at least once.

Panels are usually varied. As a JoJo fan I also try to catch the posing panel each year.

The one thing that kind of sucks about it is how the lines for thursday prereg have been handled poorly the past 2-3 years or so. Last years was especially bad since the line never really died out and they cut a load of people off.

>> No.8362816

>>8362812
And to add onto it. For the past couple of years or so people have been filling the outside fountains full of soap suds. It pisses some people off but I think it's funny to see.

The dealers room and game room are big. Like extremely big.

>> No.8362833
File: 9 KB, 270x159, from-software-logo-04-14.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So glad I started early this year and probably won't kill myself out of stress a week beforehand.

Question: Is there any good way to gauge interest for a meetup of probably very few people? It'd be awesome to organize a photoshoot or meetup but I can't imagine there being any more than 4-6 cosplayers all weekend. I'd want to organize or participate in one for pic related. How would one go about it?

>> No.8362850

>>8362833
A few places. Usually the forums for Otakon would work, but they're mostly dead. People still check them so you might luck out. Cosplay (the website, I'm sure if I post the link it'd count as spam) also works. They've been kind of dicks to me lately for no reason though and deleted my meetup threads, so I don't really use the site too much anymore. Another place would be the Otakon Facebook page. Loads of people usually post to the pages about groups, meetups, etc.

>> No.8362865

Last year was my first time going and I found it ridiculously hard to get into some panels. I would arrive an hour early to line up and still have people let us know that we might not make it in. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be arriving hours ahead if it's a panel I really really want to go to?

>>8362812
>Last years was especially bad since the line never really died out and they cut a load of people off.

It was so so so bad. I think I waited in line for 3+ hours and still didn't get my badge in the end. It also sucks that you have to pick up your own badge yourself (so one friend can't just get it for the group). They also told random parts of the line that they were closing up the registration but didn't actually have enough staff/volunteers to go up and down the line to inform everyone so people were doubting the random people who were spreading this info in the line and everyone stayed until they literally closed the doors and rejected anyone from going in.

I also lived a short bus ride away so that night we were there pretty late, the bus came really late and also decided to not stop at the stop it was suppose to but at some random spot across the street instead. Being unfamiliar with the area I was really confused at what was going on and didn't want to hop on the wrong bus so late at night. Luckily some dude at the same bus stop told us that it was the right bus but has no idea why it didn't come to our stop so all of us had to run across the street fearing it would leave after waiting so long.

>> No.8362883

Applying for my first panel and only halfway done with all 3 of my cosplays either way I'm expecting good things

>> No.8362898

>>8362865
>It was so so so bad. I think I waited in line for 3+ hours and still didn't get my badge in the end. It also sucks that you have to pick up your own badge yourself (so one friend can't just get it for the group). They also told random parts of the line that they were closing up the registration but didn't actually have enough staff/volunteers to go up and down the line to inform everyone so people were doubting the random people who were spreading this info in the line and everyone stayed until they literally closed the doors and rejected anyone from going in.
>I also lived a short bus ride away so that night we were there pretty late, the bus came really late and also decided to not stop at the stop it was suppose to but at some random spot across the street instead. Being unfamiliar with the area I was really confused at what was going on and didn't want to hop on the wrong bus so late at night. Luckily some dude at the same bus stop told us that it was the right bus but has no idea why it didn't come to our stop so all of us had to run across the street fearing it would leave after waiting so long.

That really sucks. I knew something was wrong when I saw that it didn't really die out around 7 or so like it usually did the years before. Me and my friends actually made a ton of huge cuts in the line to get inside the building, though it was only 3 of us doing it.

I'm glad I decided to pony up the extra cash to get it mailed this year, assuming nothing goes horribly wrong with that. I'm also happy they decided to get some badges mailed out in light of last years event.

>> No.8363248

>>8362865
>They also told random parts of the line that they were closing up the registration but didn't actually have enough staff/volunteers to go up and down the line to inform everyone so people were doubting the random people who were spreading this info in the line and everyone stayed until they literally closed the doors and rejected anyone from going in.

Lol yup. I didn't believe anyone until I heard it myself. I didn't wait in line for 4+ hours just to walk out based on something a random congoer said. It got to the point where people who were rejected far ahead of me walked back to our part of the line and said things like "Are you people really this fucking stupid? Get out of line."

>> No.8364077
File: 622 KB, 2048x1152, 20150529_174628.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw wandering around the future home of otakon.
few more years isn't enough!

>> No.8364190
File: 119 KB, 500x570, tumblr_m3k2ad5Fr71r4xqamo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

yes. so much "fun"

>> No.8364225

>>8364077
I really don't know how to feel about the DC move. I know it's because of renovations and whatnot and it's not too far from Baltimore, but I don't think it'll feel the same. I think I'll check it out for the first year or two when it makes the move.

>> No.8364235

>>8364225
It won't feel the same, it'll feel better.

>> No.8364255

>>8362865
>Last year was my first time going and I found it ridiculously hard to get into some panels. I would arrive an hour early to line up and still have people let us know that we might not make it in. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be arriving hours ahead if it's a panel I really really want to go to?

yes. this is completely normal for otakon. the BCC cannot handle the amount of people that attend the con in general, and neither can otakon meet the needs of amount of people showing up for panels and events. otakon needed to have moved to a larger venue at least half a decade ago but the organizers stuck their heads in the sand about the overcrowding issue until being forced to move. the organizers have been in total denial about the massive problems with the con for a long time and have wanted to just skate by for as long as they could without making any hard changes. for years they absolutely refused to even consider mailing out badges, acting like the mere notion that registration was a problem was absurd. it took last year's absolute clusterfuck for them to finally realize they have no choice but to rethink registration and badge delivery.

otakon is just way too big of a convention for the people running it. their entirely volunteer and fan-run model has been showing its faults for years as the attendance has swarmed and tested every weakness in the model. the organizers don't seem to care. they'll continue sticking their fingers in their ears until they're absolutely forced to make any change. it makes me seriously question the future of the convention. i don't have any doubt it will always draw a crowd, but i seriously question the organizers' ability to keep form losing total control of the event. they have an amazing opportunity on their hands to make a great convention and bring in a lot of money for cool stuff, but they can't keep pretending large portions of the convention can just continue to run on auto-pilot without any change

>> No.8364274

>>8364225
the BCC is one of the abosolute hugest problems with otakon. it's completely incapable of meeting otakon's needs and has been for at least half a decade. not only is there nowhere near enough space, but the convention center is not fit at all for the technical needs of large conventions in a time where just having a room with power outlets and lighting doesn't cut it. the BCC is not at all fit to provide the kind of network, internet, and cell access that is increasingly crucial to many aspects of a convention like otakon. there isn't even any sort of PA or communication system from relaying messages around the convention center. at a convention that draws something like 35k people? that is A Problem

>> No.8364317

>>8364255
>>8364274

>>8364225 Here. I've noticed that it really started to become a problem just for the past three years. It's probably been a bit of a problem before that, but I've been going since 08 and never really ran into problems like this until 2012, maybe 2011.

Yeah getting a bigger convention center is going to be great and I commend them for that + finally getting mailed badges out there after all these years (getting mine mailed this year, hoping that they won't fuck that up too). It's just going to feel weird that it's not going to be at its iconic location for awhile (assuming they return after renovations).

At least it's not NYCC though, the practices are way worse imo.

>> No.8364430

does anyone know if there is going to be a lolita tea party this year? I've never been to it before and don't want to miss out again

>> No.8364466

>>8363248
A lot of randoms told us nicely but most of us just didn't want to believe it after waiting for so long. I was at least expecting to get some sort of priority for getting our badges in the morning so we were waiting for something to happen I guess.

>>8364255
That's really unfortunate to hear. It was my first time to the con and after hearing how it was one of the biggest cons on the east coast I was expecting a lot in terms of content and organization.

Good on them for mailing out badges this year but I won't be heading back until after the move to DC and probably not the first year either so that they can work out the kinks.

>> No.8364489

>>8364225
It would feel odd at first. But once you figure out downtown DC it's very beneficial. Metro has a station right at the convention center which opens up accessibility for non-con things. Chinatown is right around the corner as well. The convention center itself has roomy hallways and a giant bottom floor for dealer's/AA (what I pictured is only a small portion!) the hotel connected to it that has large amounts of meeting rooms. What I do noticed from my walking around is a possibility of limited places for copay gatherings so that could be the biggest downside of the move.

>> No.8364497

>>8364489
That doesn't sound too bad. I'm also more weary on the weapons policy since it's getting moved there too. As a guy who cosplays characters with firearm props usually it's a main concern.

>> No.8364585

>>8364497
Judging from awesomecon's policy, it should be roughly the same. I'll make note on how many firearm wielding cosplayers I see tomorrow.

>> No.8364667 [DELETED] 

Is it worth buying a ticket? What's there to do outside of panels/artist alley/etc.

>> No.8364668

>>8364585

I read the policy for Awesomecon now. Like most cons it seems confusing. They say it can't be realistic/confused for a real weapon, but they also say an orange tip is fine.

The problem with cosplaying Solid Snake is that no one can see the orange tip when it's in the holster. I've never really gotten bothered by it before, but I did have to go to a prop check or two just to get a sticker.

>> No.8365371

>>8364489
Heads up everyone, never get Chinese food from D.C you will end up with food poisoning and worst case get sent to the E.R

>> No.8368929

>go to otakon last year
>one of the staffers who works in the photo room loves my costume and demands I go get pics taken
>says she'll put them in the book next year
>cool
>no money to go this year
>not sure if I even signed the release form
>I'll never know if she was telling the truth

If there's a really bad yveltal in the booklet this year someone tell me.

>> No.8369659

>>8364255
>otakon is just way too big of a convention for the people running it. their entirely volunteer and fan-run model has been showing its faults for years as the attendance has swarmed and tested every weakness in the model. the organizers don't seem to care.

Dragon*Con is the same way but much larger. I dont know how the hell they do it.

>> No.8369700

I really wish panel decisions would come back so I can figure out whether i'm going to have to shell out for the badge or not.

>> No.8369872

>>8365371
>never get Chinese food from D.C
>implying your bad experience is relevant to the hundreds of Chinese restaurants in D.C.

>> No.8370078

>>8369872
No from a hospital in D.C emergency room team experience and a friends's experience.
Literally hundreds of people get sent to the E.R from downtown D.C Chinese food

>> No.8370089

>>8369700
I know that feeling, My friends and I are still waiting to see if we have to buy full price tickets. First Time Panelist btw

>> No.8370153
File: 675 KB, 480x270, 1397802052616.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Freaking out because no cosplays are done and it's expensive af this year.
Plus I ordered a costume from taobao that they said would arrive in a month, but now they're saying 50 days and it might not even come in time. Does anybody have any experience with yoybuy and their shipping?

>> No.8370356
File: 1.78 MB, 640x360, 1358931990963.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I went last year and couldn't get Wednesday night off and due to last minute issues wasn't able to leave until late afternoon Thursday. I completely missed everything Thursday and reached my hotel around 2 am

I heard the lines were absolutely insane though and everyone was just standing around baking in the sun. I kept checking here to see what was going on and I guess the staff were using computers that were hooked up over open wifi? and it completely slowed everything to a crawl.
Then Friday there was just such a large crowd that everyone was still waiting hours to get into the building to get their badge. I came early afternoon and still had to wait about an hour or so.

Excited to get my badge this year in the mail and have everything squared away. Requested the night off before the convention so I can sleep through the night and hit the road at 8.

>> No.8370407

Has anyone here taken a Greyhound bus to Baltimore? How was the experience? Was it relatively easy to arrive at the BCC?

>> No.8370412

>>8370078
Lol that doesn't mean every single Chinese place in D.C. will give you food poisoning. There are shitty restaurants in every city.

>> No.8371981

So does anyone have any guesses for the Sunday show?

>> No.8372092

>>8370412
I always get the shits from gook food, try to avoid it

>> No.8372254

>>8370407
Yes. It was pretty awful, I mean, it's Greyhound. Vaguely on time, but this is very dependent on whether you go during rush hour. Cramped and full of loud people. It's cheap though, and there's space under the bus for you to put a bag. You'll need to take a taxi from the bus station.

>> No.8372259

I feel like none of my friends are going to this con and it might be the only one I get to go to this summer. Feels bad, man.

>> No.8372500

>>8372259
You can hangout with us (:

>> No.8373357

>>8370407
Amtrak is probably the best way to go if you need cheap travel

>> No.8373452

>>8370407
Oh my gosh, taking a Greyhound bus was one of the worst travel experiences of my life. I had to take a route that had two buses with a layover, and my first bus arrived some two hours late to our destination, causing me to miss my second bus completely. I tried talking to Greyhound employees at the NY station, but they were almost completely unhelpful, saying that I was just going to have to wait for the next bus to Baltimore with an open seat, which was the next morning at 6 am. Also, they wouldn't reimburse me for the second bus trip that I missed due to the first bus being late. It was my first time in NYC, around 10 pm, I was completely alone, with nobody to stay with for the night and no money to pay for an expensive train ticket to get me to Baltimore before morning. Plus, I had only just turned 18 and had some older men getting a little too friendly, acting "concerned" and offering me a place to stay, so I called my parents sobbing and having a panic attack, and my mother was nice enough to put money in my bank account so I could take an Amtrak train to Baltimore (though I paid her back later, naturally). I got to my hotel around 1:30 am, exhausted, and then that situation turned out to be a shitshow, too, but that's another story for another day.

tl;dr: Never take a Greyhound bus, especially if it involves taking two buses to get to your destination.

>> No.8373490

Are there any smaller cons in the MD/D.C. area worth going to?

>> No.8373861

>>8362833
Oh man anon! If a fromsoft meetup doesn't work out this year, or even if it does, do one next year too! The next cosplay I wanna do is Maiden in Black but because of school stuff I won't have time to get it ready for this year's Otakon. I'd still absolutely be interested in a meetup to take pics of other people's fromsoft cosplays though.

>> No.8374023

>>8373490
Aside from Nekocon down in the hampton roads area not really.

>> No.8374939

>>8371981
Judging from the clues, I kinda want to say it's PASSPO? But lbr no matter who it is I'll be severely underwhelmed given the guests announced so far. I've never even heard of the Friday musical guests.

>> No.8374968

>>8373490
Katsucon is smaller but not by much. There's a pretty small con in Rockville called T-Mode.

>> No.8374974

>>8374968
How good is Katsucon on a scale from 1-10

>> No.8375094

>>8373490
Anime USA is the best tbh.

>> No.8375154

>>8375094
Yea it is, when I was there last year. I had a better time then at Otakon

>> No.8375358

>>8374939
I think its Babymetal. But I could be wrong.

>> No.8376389 [DELETED] 

>Go to a con with a bunch of friends from out of state
>all say they are coming in cosplay to cosplay with me in a group
>Say I'll bring about 75 bucks of some booze(it was like 4 bottles) for the weekend if they throw down for the pizza/chinese/etc each night. (they were flying in so they couldn't bring it)
>No one shows up in their cosplay
>No one drinks any of the liquor they asked me to bring
>End up drinking a lot one afternoon since the con didn't really start till 11 and I work up super early
>Go to the con
>Have fun, anyone who asks for a picture I say sure
>Some vendor dude and some girls take me to get more drinks
>Can't find my hotel key(left in room), friends phones are off, can't go anywhere so I stay at the con
>Go to dance thingy those cons have
>at some point in the night asked to leave because "I think you had enough buddy maybe you should head back to the hotel"

I still feel bad

>> No.8376424

Oh hey an Otakon thread, is cgl doing a meetup?

>> No.8376441

>>8376424
Yeah, the last one had all the info in it. I think they wanted to meet in some bar. I'd rather have it in the con.

>> No.8376466

>>8376441
>>8376424
Why don't we just do the usual meetup?
Saturday at 6PM or 7PM at the fountains to the right of the escalator.

>> No.8376666

>>8372254
>>8373452

Oh wow both these stories sound terrifying. Do you think it would be okay if I just booked a trip that didn't have a layover at all? Also, we are a group of 3 traveling together.
I'm really considering Greyhound right now because the price for a round trip from where I am to Otakon is only 12$ per person. Sorry that you had such a terrible experience though, >>8373452. :(

>> No.8376824

>>8376666
If it's that short a ride you will probably be fine, just don't do any overnight shit

>> No.8377407

>>8376666
Those quads.

>> No.8377445

>>8376466
Will this be for sure? And if anyone has any info on the tea party or swap meet, do tell!

>> No.8377495

>>8361291
Can't wait. It's to bad that my sister and friends don't want to go. So now I'll be alone the whole weekend, and I'm driving down from Boston alone.

>> No.8377512

>>8373490

intervention

>> No.8377890
File: 889 KB, 1152x2048, 2015-01-23 16.21.59.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8376466
Because it is the usual meetup for the past few years.

Friday and Saturday roughly 7~8pm at the indoor fountains and hang out for a bit while people come and go. After some time has passed, migrate down to the Water Street Tavern till whenever. Enjoying drink and waffle fries.

>>8373490
Katsucon and Anime USA are ones I personally go to. I hear Nekocon every once in awhile. MAGfest is pretty good too if you're into music/vidya. I would put in Awesomecon, but it's fairly young (3rd year this year?) and it felt dead anywhere outside the exhibit hall.

>> No.8377923

>>8374939
It'll almost definitely not be this, but I was thinking AKB48, since the name is self-referential, it's all girls, they've been on world tours, and they use typical school uniform inspired outfits for a lot of stuff. Could just be wishful thinking, though.

It's a difficult list of clues because almost any popular group in the idol industry works.

>> No.8378136

>>8376666
Those kinds of buses (I've been on one before that was just a Greyhound named differently, same layout and used the Greyhound station) tend to be late, somewhere between 30 mins and 2 hours like the other anon said. I wouldn't advise a layover trip, but if you have an all-the-way ride, especially if it's short-ish, and don't mind being a bit late, it should be fine.

>> No.8378152

>>8376666
Exactly what >>8378136 said; if it's short, with no layovers, and you don't mind maybe being late, you should be ok

>> No.8378694

Crap anyone got a link to the meetup info? I can't find it in the archive unless I am blind

>> No.8378707

>>8378694
Here
>>8377890
>>8376466

>> No.8378712

>>8378707
Wow how did I miss that. I feel blind

>> No.8378721

>>8378712
No worries, pal.

>> No.8378993

>>8378721
Not the same anon, but is it awkward if I want to go to the meetup but am a few months too young to legally drink?

>> No.8379013

>>8378993
That's not a problem, the food is decent and if you want to drink they may not even card if you with us. If anything you can just ask one of us to buy the drink for you.

>> No.8379118

>>8379013
I'll buy you one if you don't feel comfortable.

>> No.8379133

>>8379013
Do people go to the meetups in cosplay when they're at restaurants/bars?

>> No.8379255

>>8379133
The whole Inner Harbor is in cosplay during Otakon, so probably.

>> No.8379353
File: 60 KB, 600x945, 843522625736121.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8377890

Oh shit I remember seeing you last year in the suit with your daki and thought "Man I should have brought mine"

I need to try and find a full sized one of Pochaco

>> No.8379578

I got room for 1 more person in my room. $200 for thurs-sun.

banquetof12generalgods@gmail.com

>> No.8379590

>>8378993
You'll be fine, you deff won't be the only underage one there

>> No.8379971

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11DNPy2NZiIUePVfLU31jjHD6v5O1Eb0mXiQxkhadbNE/edit?usp=docslist_api
For anyone who would like a little help in getting ready for the con. It definitely helped me.

>> No.8380860

>>8374974
A friend of mine went and he said it was so so.

>> No.8380900

>>8380860
Your friend must be a real drag. Katsucon is easily the best con in Maryland.

>> No.8380918

>>8380900
Lol. "In Maryland"

>> No.8380962
File: 383 KB, 1280x1280, IMG_2779.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Otakon plans so far. Things are bound to change as they always do, might drop something but who knows.

>> No.8381442 [DELETED] 

Does anyone still have any spare room, I think I will be going by myself and I would rather not pay for a whole room if I don't have to.

>> No.8382093

>>8374939
>>8375358
>>8377923
Looks like we were all wrong. It's Oreskaband.

Still underwhelmed.

>> No.8382118

What do we have for photogs?

>> No.8382148

>>8373452
Next time just find an all night diner in NYC and order some coffee. They won't bug you much if you refresh your drink a few times.

>> No.8382430

>>8382093
Why are the bands and guests shit this year?

>> No.8382432

>>8380962
Please don't do that Giorno, it is atrocious. What an awful design.

>> No.8382491

>>8382432
I think its cute.

>> No.8382506

>>8382118
Hopefully no asshats that flake an hour beforehand. Literally almost every photog I was supposed to work with at Katsucon had some bullshit reason for bailing (my favorite reason being that someone offered to pay for their shoot even when we agreed weeks in advance that our shoots would be TFP)

>> No.8382593

>>8382432
>>8382491
Too late haha. The one I'm making isn't exactly like that, just what I'm basing it off of. I'm also doing a different colorway too.

>> No.8382619

>>8380918
Anon asked about cons in Maryland, faggot.

>> No.8382645

>>8382432
You're an idiot

>> No.8382682

>>8379578
Which hotel?

>> No.8383067

>>8382491
>>8382593
>>8382645
The problem with that Giorno is that it looks nothing like any of Araki's other designs. Obviously it's just fanart but "girl in pleated miniskirt and thigh highs" is so far away what Araki would put a main character in. It's way too plain and looks half-assed and like a "I want to look slutty for no reason" cosplay. The skirt would at least have an interesting feature or design.

Cosplay that if you want, of course, it just makes me salty that of all the rule 63 Giorno designs there are, you picked a really stupidly top-heavy/lazy design.

>> No.8383273

I wonder what's gonna be THE thing to cosplay as

>> No.8383313

>>8382682
Hilton, like the one connected to the bcc

>> No.8383693

>>8382645
Chill son

>>8383067
I don't consider that design slutty really but it's a difference of opinions. I don't think it's plain/half assed but it's what I like and what I wanted to base what I'm doing off of. I've made some changes to suit my needs but I'm not going to please everyone haha.

>> No.8383703

>>8383693
No hate really, it's just the kind of design that makes me sigh. Still I'm sure it'll look cute when you wear it so that works.

>> No.8383713

>>8376441
Seconding this. I'll gladly share a of booze in brown paper bags if we keep it at the con.

>> No.8383726

>>8383703
It's cool anon you don't have to like whatever designs I like. And thank you haha

>> No.8383727

>>8383713
>drinking from a brown bag
Con Staff 1: "Hey, they've got a brown bag over there. Think it could be alcohol?"
Con Staff 2: "No. Definitely not. I'm sure its just fruit punch or something. Some people are scared people will know what they drinking. Just give the guy some respect."
But still, its dumb.

>> No.8383781

>>8383727
They staff don't give much in the way of shits, plus if you are discreet about it you should be fine

And if all else fails, vodka water bottles

>> No.8383811

>>8383781
this is the proper way of doing it, either that, or mix a bottle of coke with vodka, paper bags is just asking for unwanted attention.

The possibilities are endless.

>> No.8384158

>>8383313
That hotel is some trash

>> No.8384182

>>8383811
It was obv a joke but the point is that I'd bring booze instead of having to go to a bar

>> No.8384187

>>8384182
This whole exchange makes me want to have a con drinks thread
My fave so far is arizona mango + tequila
ive also managed apple soda + spiced rum

My standards dont exist

>> No.8384380

>>8384187

Otakon 2015 is going to be my second con thoroughly intoxicated. What would you say the percentage of people who are drunk is? I dont want to feel out of place lol

>> No.8384392

>>8382148
Yeah, maybe next time I'd do that, but again this was my first time in NYC at all, plus I was alone, so I wasn't capable of coherent thought haha

>>8382093
tf? who are they?

>>8384380
At night, a good amount of people will be fucked up. Not really during the day, though.

>> No.8384443

>>8377495
Oh, I'm going solo from Boston too!

>> No.8384780

>>8377495
>>8384443
Coming from Boston too~

>> No.8384800

>tfw can't go to Otakon because the bar exam is two days later
>would have been fine if Otakon was in August

Fuck, why did they have to move it into July this year of all years?

>> No.8384815

>>8384158
Someone's salty they didnt get a room.

>> No.8384828
File: 151 KB, 640x1136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm have a kandi trade meet up
wont let me post link

>> No.8385103

>>8384187
The two you mentioned sound amazing. I tend to mix vodka with whatever is available (Gatorade or Propel water is what my group always brings). At Acen, my friend makes a few gallons of apple pie every year (apple cider, cinnamon sticks, vanilla, and 191 proof Everclear). So many hazy yet amazing memories..... thanks, con drinks.

>> No.8385262

>>8384800
To be fair it's been in July most of the years, except when BronyCon moved down and took the slot for two years.

>> No.8385763
File: 228 KB, 1000x870, 1412177849991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8384380

I bought a flask for sole reason of being buzzed 24/7 during cons

>> No.8389892

bump

>> No.8391805

Sorry if I'm out of the loop or something, but are they not doing a costume contest this year?

>> No.8391836

>>8385763
The only way to be. This is a lesson MagFest taught me

>> No.8392511

Panel approved! Thank god for a comp badge. Was really not looking forward to shelling out $95, plus having the lounge will be nice.

>> No.8392576

>>8392511
Oooh, what's your panel?

>> No.8392645

>>8392576
My classmate and I (medical/science grad students) do panels on science/medicine in anime and other pop culture/nerdy shit ("Animedicine" if you've seen us at AUSA or Katsu) and we're doing the NSFW version at this panel. Be forewarned there's a good amount of gore.

>> No.8392672

Do most people going have social skills? I completely expect to 360 away from the meet up location the second I see it. I'm expecting random, cringe shit but I do wanna connect with nonsperg cgl people.

>> No.8392677
File: 177 KB, 1600x1200, 1337399778163.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8392672
I think you meant 180, not 360, anon
A 360 would land you right back in this hellhole with the rest of us~

>> No.8392686

>>8374974
It's a PRETTY con. You go because you have a balls awesome costume and you want photos of it. It's a veritable food desert (nothing really within walking distance), costume contest and events are a joke, and panels are meh.

Basically make a Sakizou costume, camp a spot, and get your picture taken con.

>> No.8392728
File: 34 KB, 300x200, 360_moonwalk.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8392677

>> No.8392733

>>8392686
>It's a veritable food desert (nothing really within walking distance)

There are restaurants and food places fucking everywhere.

>> No.8392801

>>8392645
That sounds pretty interesting
I'll be there

>> No.8392809

>>8392733
At Katsu?

>> No.8392892

>>8392809
I'm assuming you've never stepped foot outside the Gaylord. There are so many food places directly across the street. The entire Inner Harbor location was built to be a spot for tourists to visit and dine.

>> No.8392894

>>8392892
Whoops, meant to say National Harbor.

>> No.8392919

>>8392809
Not the same anon, but yeah Katsu has food everywhere. The restaurants in the hotel are outrageously expensive, but if you walk down to the little fake town there's several places to eat. Potbelly's has been my #1 choice for the past 4 years but there is also Elevation Burger, Subway, and Public House if you're looking to eat on the cheaper side. If you're willing to shell out some cash there's even more choices.

>> No.8393579

So what you all going as?

I am going as Kamina

>> No.8393585

>>8392645
That sounds awesome, anon. I'll try to make it to that one!

>> No.8393591

>>8393579
I'm not cosplaying but I'm going there dressed in lolita. Speaking of which, how lolita-friendly is this convention? This will be my first year going!

>> No.8393597

>>8393579
Asahi from Haikyuu

>> No.8393599

>>8393591
Not a very big lolita crowd. There are typically a few events but I heard they've been dwindling over the years.

>> No.8393804

>>8393579
I'd love to see your Kamina cosplay, I'm a big fan of him.
I'm going as Stein from Soul Eater.

>> No.8393812
File: 299 KB, 500x750, mightyneed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8393804
plz be a sexy boy. d-do you have a progress shot..?

>> No.8393813

This'll be my third Otakon, first time going in 2 years though.
Decided that this year will be the first time I hand make my cosplay 100% by myself, so I'm currently shitting my way through a Wadanohara cosplay.
I might throw a tracksuit Nonon cosplay together for a lazy sunday. But if all else fails, I'll just wear lolita all weekend.

>> No.8393834

>>8393812
I actually only have the costume like 33% completed. Still need to finish the "stitching" on the lab coat, frankensteining the shirt and doing the "stitching" on that, styling and cutting the wig (god I'm scared I'm gonna fuck that up), and figuring out the makeup I just bought.
Finished my boots today though!
I am a boy though.
Trying to push this all to be finished by the end of this month.

>> No.8393840

>>8393834
i anxiously await.

>> No.8393874

>>8393840
So, who are you cosplaying?

>> No.8393885

>>8393579
I'll be going as Nonon Jakuzure in her symphony regalia da capo outfit and Ravenborn LeBlanc.

>> No.8393910

>>8392801
>>8393585
awesome! Please come up and say hello if you do end up making it (I'm the girl out of the two of us, haha)

>> No.8393929

>>8393579
Me and some friends are doing Jet Set Radio and Beyblade

>> No.8393946

>>8393929
>Jet Set Radio
Yuuuussssss.

>> No.8393970

>>8393579
i'm doing doll from kuroshitsuji and nanami from dangan ronpa
i know, i know, i like super fujoshit anime

>> No.8393981
File: 316 KB, 2592x1456, shadowfox.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8393579
I'm working on a Zoids ginjinka, but I have absolutely no idea how to build/craft mech parts so it's probably going to look like shit.

>> No.8394353

>>8393579
I'm doing Tharja from fe: aw and Nishinoya from Haikyuu.
this will be my first otakon though so it should be neat.

>> No.8395606

>>8394353
Otakon is lots of fun, you're gonna love it.

>> No.8395614
File: 1.29 MB, 960x623, Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 02.13.20.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8393579
Uzuki from The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls

>> No.8396381

>>8393804
That's I've been working out for about a year and a half. Still need to work a bit on the tan.

>> No.8396705
File: 299 KB, 750x963, plsno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Prepare yourselves.

>> No.8396742

>>8396705
Is that a dude? We barely dodged an upskirt shot.

>> No.8396792
File: 219 KB, 1629x1114, otakanz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

These are my plans! I've made baby progress on all of them, but luckily they are simple costumes so I think can easily pump them out!

>> No.8396805
File: 17 KB, 656x369, vlcsnap-2014-01-25-10h37m27s95.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8396792
>WUG! cosplay
yyyyeeeeeEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

>> No.8396816

>>8369659
> Dragon*Con is the same way but much larger. I dont know how the hell they do it.

In some ways I think they just barely do it. Some volunteers are amazing, and I've seen them there year after year. Other volunteers you can tell are frazzled and overwhelmed. The organization factor is slightly off as that convention becomes overcrowded. For example, last year MANY of the panels were late to get people seated and did not run the panel late, to the point where you'd wait in line 2+ hours for a 30 minute panel.

I don't think they do a bad job, it is a surprisingly well run con overall for its size. It's definitely got its faults and weak areas, though.

>> No.8396969

>>8396792
Is that the vice prez from prison school if it is NICE!!
Me and and a friend are doing prison school

>> No.8397973

>>8396705
>stomach hair

EEHHHHHH

>> No.8400256
File: 173 KB, 265x530, latest-2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If everything goes well, I'll have pic related done in time

>> No.8400286
File: 78 KB, 736x462, 9d7c45831eef584a20e6009d848a4708.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

going as Gonzou not sure which day yet.
>tfw no qt3.14 to come with me as Iona or Takao to talk about naval maneuver warfare

>> No.8400292

>>8396805
<3! I'm so glad someone else likes WUG! It's easily my favorite idol anime (not franchise but) despite maybe not having the cutest outfits!

>>8396969
omg nice! I am! I hope I run into you, I want to step on so many people.

>> No.8400391

>>8400256
I don't know what that is, but I bet it will look super neat.

>> No.8400399

I'm going to Otakon for the first time this year, which is also my first time going to a convention at all. I'm not sure if I even want to go to panels. I have a cosplay planned out though.

>> No.8400504

>>8400391
its Gilgamesh from Fate

>> No.8400514

Looking for roommates, $177 for Thurs-Mon at the Hilton connected to the convention center.

Email me
mythologylass@gmail.com

>> No.8400533

>>8400514
Tried to email you but it came back rejected?

>> No.8400612

>>8400399
This is my third year, and the last two times I went I barely went to any panels, but I still had an amazingly awesome time. Cosplaying definitely brings the fun factor up more.
What cosplay do you have planned?

>> No.8400695

>>8400612
It's a bit of a closet cosplay. I'm going to do Fro-Zone without the super suit. Since I don't want to cut my hair, I'm going to wear a white mask and the shades.

>> No.8401214

>>8400292
It's so realistic, which makes it really cool to watch. If I see you at the con, I'm totally gonna ask for a picture!

>> No.8401224

>>8400292
haha yea, at the con just look out for the Kiyoshi and the Joe

>> No.8402980
File: 2.30 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_5226.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Last year was my first Otakon and I'll be coming back when it moves but one of my highlights was asking this sweet Akumetsu cosplayer for a picture and saying I liked his mask but he couldn't hear me over the crowd but I snapped a pic anyway.

>> No.8402989
File: 915 KB, 1836x3264, 1407708775891.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8402980
Ironically he asked me for a picture later and posted it on here a few days after the con. Never got to thank him for being a cool guy.

>> No.8403901

>>8402989
>MOM

>> No.8404046
File: 644 KB, 878x1228, Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 11.28.12 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well then.

>> No.8404391

>>8404046
>trans
>photography
Forty keks

I give it 6 months and it'll be sucking cock for money somewhere in LA or NY and a few months more before jumping in front of a train

>> No.8408168

My close friend has this weird feeling that something is going to go down this year. Might not go. I kinda have a feeling too something bad is going to happen

>> No.8408171

>>8408168
oh shut up
>Don't be a hairy tawt and pull the fire alarm again

>> No.8408405

Guys first time con goer/ cosplayer. Is it worth the money. Also do I have enough time to make an amestris uniform/ any good info on free patterns? I'm a pretty good sewer, but incredibly lazy.

>> No.8408427

>>8408405
It is incredibly crowded at some times but it's still pretty fun when the neckbeards/landwhales aren't taking up all the space

>> No.8408433

Quick question for anyone who has taken megabus to the white marsh mall MD stop before - how do you usually get to the con center from that stop? This'll be my first time traveling from that stop, and though I see that there's a bus that runs by that area, I'm not 100% sure how to go about taking it or if it'll even get me to the right part of Baltimore

>> No.8408561

>>8408433
If you do take the bus to get there it will drop off right near the convention center and the bus stop is right outside the mall. Just have a $1.60 on you.

>> No.8408604

>>8392892
Those restaurants are reaaaally expensive though, because most events held there are for business professionals and yuppie tourists that can afford the $20, $30 a plate. I'm sure they are wonderful and next year when I have money saved from my big girl job I may try and convince my friends to go to that grill next door, but for your average con-goer, not really practical.

>> No.8408654

>>8408604
There's a Potbelly, McDonald's, Elevation Burger, Ben & Jerry's, Pinkberry, IHOP, and some cheap pizza places. It's not all expensive.

>> No.8408699

>>8408168
Oh dang, you caught me. I was going to shoot up the convention center. Well, I guess I can't do it now. Willikers.

>> No.8408724

>>8408561
Oh, ok, thank you!! Would you by any chance know what number or line the bus is? Sorry, I'm just really unfamiliar with Baltimore transport and pretty anxious about taking it solo

>> No.8409187

>>8408654
If you have a car or feel like riding the NH1 bus you can go down the street to Rivertown mall and hit up the IHOP and the Flaming Grill Buffet. You can't beat an all you can eat Chinese buffet for $11.

As for Otakon? I'm still going to my standby greasy spoon Upper Deck Bar and Grill for my late night fix of gyros and waffles.

>> No.8410000

>Only live an hour out of Baltimore
>Still want to get a hotel room for fri-sun so I can get fucked up and not have to worry about driving home

>> No.8410068

>>8410000
I live about 30 mins from it and I feel the same way anon.

>> No.8410169

>>8408724
Np and my bad it is the 34 could of sworn I put the route on there but try to make it there before it gets to late buses start to skip times after a certain hour.

>>8410000
>>8410068
Same, only 20 mins away
You can't beat a hotel if you have 3,4 cosplays

>> No.8410227

>>8408724
Claudie, it's Heine - There's only one bus you can take from there to Downtown B'More, it'll drop you off near Light Street and from there you should be able to walk

>> No.8410949

>>8376441
Does the bar let under 21 in? Because I'd love to chill with some of /cgl/ and bs about Otakon but I'm 19.

>> No.8411577

>>8410169
Oh, ok! Thanks for letting me know that, I'll definitely try to get there earlier than later, then!

>>8410227
Ahhh thank you!! I hope I see you again this Ota~

>>8410949
I think a few other anons mentioned this already but yeah, that bar doesn't card when you're in a large group; I'm also under 21 and have never had a problem in the past getting in.

>> No.8413844

I'm a local and regret paying for otakon last year since it was too crowded and all of the panels I wanted to go to had 2 hour wait lines. Planning on coming to the inner harbor to hang out during otakon/rack up street passes on my ds. Will there be any events outside the convention that would be worth my while?

>> No.8413871

>>8413844
>Will there be any events outside the convention that would be worth my while?
You could always go to the /cgl/ meetup at the bar

>> No.8414368

I guess my friend won't be able to make it to Otakon this year due to financial issues, so I'll be all by my lonesome ;_;

>> No.8414465
File: 231 KB, 480x270, tumblr_lirsmcnXyO1qbbs2ao1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Honest question from someone that's never been to either:
Which is better, Katsucon or Otakon?

>> No.8414491

>>8414465
Katsucon. Better atmosphere, better location, better opportunities for photos. And the Gaylord is just beautiful. I have a feeling Otakon will get better once it moves to D.C. It's just worn out it's welcome on the harbor... the convention center is gross and old, the lines are too long, and everyone is packed together making it even hotter than it already is.

>> No.8415999
File: 774 KB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_2015-06-20-16-30-37.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Otakon groups on FB

>> No.8416018
File: 17 KB, 187x178, 1426611240304.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8415999
>mfw one of my friends is rooming with this guy

>> No.8417124

>>8415999
They can't possibly think that's an appealing photo to put up for a plea like that?

>> No.8417248

>>8415999
>cosplaying noiz
This gross dude needs to get the fuck away from my husbando. Ugh.

>> No.8417256

>>8415999
This guy is doing two Free! characters and one from DMMD... The thirst is real.

>> No.8417258
File: 65 KB, 348x454, 2015-06-21 09.08.41 am.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8415999
This kid's thirsting over everyone.

>> No.8417441

We seem to love Dylan, should I bring him to the cgl meet up ?

>> No.8417535

>>8417258
Oh man he posted the same thing in the Otakon 2015 group.

>> No.8417599

>>8415999
He looks greasy

>> No.8417615

>>8417258
>faggot calling him a qt
degenerates

>> No.8417794

Hey everyone,

Anyone from last year's meet up at the bar in this thread? Same plan as last year?

>> No.8417943
File: 289 KB, 481x898, creep.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just a heads up, guys. I'm not sure how many of you are part of the Otakon Cosplayers & Photographers group on facebook, but avoid Eugene Manning or EMCP. He's a creep.

>> No.8417980

>>8417943
i smell vendetta. I know some of the cosplayers he worked with. if he's a creep i am sure they wont remain friends with him.

>> No.8417984

>>8415999
wasn't he under 18 last year? I remember he kept posting threads about being underage and wanting to make friends at otakon

>> No.8418019

So my friends and I normally go out and have a sit down dinner on Thursday evening. Any recommendations for a good place to get dinner? It doesn't have to be in the inner harbor either I'm comfortable enough with taking the light rail and connectors some place else.

>> No.8418067

>>8417980
Oh fuck off. I'm the one that actually worked with him and had to suffer through all his inappropriate comments. He's even being a fucking creep on the page.

>> No.8418230

>>8417980
>I know some of the cosplayers he worked with.
Anon, that really doesn't give you any credit in this situation. If >>8418067 shot with him and is warning us, I wouldn't prance around acting like you know what you're talking about just because you know people.

>> No.8418280

>>8418019
There's a really good Lebanese restaurant in the inner harbor called Lebanese Taverna. My crew went there for a nice dinner and it was definitely worth it.

>> No.8418414

>>8417248
noiz's character doesn't need anymore ruining after the first wave of dmmd fans, this is just adding insult to injury

>> No.8418570

Is trying to get a room and tickets worth it at this point? I went to AnimeNext and want to attend more cons now but it seems I'm late to the game plus it sounds like a Linecon

>> No.8418610

>>8418570
Hotel, no. Tickets, yes.

Your best bet for a hotel at this point would be searching around for people with extra space in their rooms. As for the badges, I believe the current price is $95 (assuming you haven't registered for Otakon before) but it'll be $100 if you're buying at the door.

It was a "linecon" last year due to the preregister computer disaster, but this year sounds much more promising as the first 10,000 people had the option to get their badges mailed to them instead of waiting in line. Should mean less people in line this year.

>> No.8418892

>>8417943
You think calling someone beautiful is being a creep?

You should take your victim complex and go kill yourself.

>> No.8418900

>>8417943
Those pictures look good as shit, too. I think I might have to book him now. Thanks for showing me what he can do.

>> No.8418940

>>8418892
>>8418900
Samefagging 2 minutes apart on a slow board with a slow thread. Ladies and gentlemen, it's summer time.

>> No.8421983
File: 111 KB, 640x926, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

why would you post this in a group?

>> No.8421984

Is the con centre actually air-conditioned well enough? It'll be my first Otakon and I'm wondering if I should wear a cosplay at all. I can hardly handle mid 20 degrees, never mind 30s.

>> No.8422734

Alrighty, so I've got a room at the Residence Inn (17 Light Street) I don't need anymore.

$1057
Thursday-Sunday
One Bedroom King suite (full kitchen, dining area and sofa bed).

Anyone want it, or do I just cancel all together?

>> No.8422781

>>8421984
It's not so great by the doors/at the indoor fountains but the AA, dealer's room, and panel rooms are well AC'd.

>> No.8422786
File: 55 KB, 589x545, 1423000751775.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8422734
>1k for 4 nights
Holy shit what is wrong with you people. You can get 4 nights at hotel in Timonium for like $400-500. Yeah it's 15 minutes out but you save a shitload

>> No.8422818

>>8422786
Different anon and not everyone's a cheapskate. Also, I think you failed to notice it's a suite, not just a room. Suites are always more expensive, no matter what hotel. I really don't see why you care so much about what others spend on rooms.

>> No.8422821

Should I just wait until DC, I've heard the con is overcrowded to shit

>> No.8423221

>>8422821
Lol no. Just come. Don't be stupid.
>"Oh no, there's gonna be lots of people at a popular con. Guess I shouldn't go."

>> No.8423231
File: 195 KB, 640x640, IMG_20150617_191016.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

30 days left.. bunch of my fabric was back ordered and finally shipped today, plus waiting on lucaille to ship wigs too, they better arrive in time!! Augh..

Haven't seen many lineups posted yet?

>> No.8423400

>>8423231
Whoa are you really going to cosplay as something from Cross Ange?

>> No.8423460

>>8421983
This is nothing compared to the shit he posted last year

>> No.8423470

I want to start working on something for Ota but I can't find a decent male cosplay thats 1. Recognizable and 2. overdone. Any suggestions?

>> No.8423479

>>8423470
What series do you like?
What body type do you have?
How skilled are you?
How much money can you afford to spend on it?

>> No.8423531

>>8423479
1. Too many series with generic looking male protags because I'm trash.
2. Leaning on the skinny side, currently working out to turn that to muscle.
3. No skill whatsoever, although I do have the sewing machine for fabric cosplays.
4. A lot.

I'm leaning more towards a sellout cosplay like Free! or crossplay of Love Live! Nozomi only because it's easier to meet people that way. All the cosplays I really want to do (Rance, Lukas from Monmusu Quest, Tactician from FE Awakening) are either too vague to get attention or too overdone. Yeah I know I seem picky but I dunno man, there's a lot less to pick from when the 2d chicks get guaranteed unique designs.

>> No.8423533

Wonder how many Kamina's I will see there

>> No.8424132

>>8423531
If you have some sewing machine that might be your saving grace to actually get a cosplay done in time. I don't know if you could actually get a cosplay commissioned by otakon. You do have a good body type for about %70 of male cosplays, so that helps out alot.

Love Live would be interesting if you pull it off right, Free! you would get a decent amount of attention and if you were feeling ballsy or drunk you could play in the contaminated fountain at the harbor. Not too familiar with Monmusa Quest but I look it up and they do look generic but what does Anon know. Fire Emblem could be really good, I don't really remember seeing a lot of them last year and you could probably do that easily.Honestly man, I would just take a day to really think about all my options and try to remember all the games and shows I watched and think which one is the most viable.

Oh yea, you are right about the whole 2D thing, nobody really cares about male designs

>> No.8424292
File: 36 KB, 400x238, atsui.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8422781
Cool, thanks.

Also I'll hopefully be going as this loser, or the spoiler version.

>> No.8424893

Does anyone feel like meeting up on Thursday? I'm gonna be lonely, so I'd like someone to maybe hangout with and wait in line with.

>> No.8425071

>>8424893
Boy or girl? Kid or squid?

>> No.8425164

>>8425071
Boy. I had a friend "bail out" on me, so now I'm alone.

>> No.8425614

>>8425164
I might be there Thursday night, depends on work though. I'll post in the thread the week of. You drink by chance? Doubt I'll wear my cosplay that night but wouldn't mind doing some precon meetup

>> No.8425631

>>8425164
>>8425614
I know me and a friend will just be chilling around on Thursday, if you guys are interested. She'll be in cosplay but I'll be in normie shit.

>> No.8425636

>got kamina wig
>shit's flat

So not to sound like a total idiot but any way to make the hair stay in sorta shape? Not sure what sparys or other things you can use on wigs safely.

>>8425631
All good, my cosplay is Kamina, so chances are I'll just be wearing normal clothes

>> No.8425643

>>8425636
Hairspray's fine.

>> No.8425781

>>8425614
>>8425631
I drink, and I'd definitely be interested in any sort of hanging out. I'll be watching the thread. I may have to make a new one before the con.

>> No.8425818

>>8425781
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make one a week before the con

>> No.8425827

>>8425781
>>8425636

Hit me up on skype if anyone wants to meet up on thursday, username is in name field

>> No.8425852

One month to go! I ordered a pair of shoes and tights that take about 20 business days to make. I'm hoping they arrive before the con because I really want to wear my more elaborate OPs. Anyone else still planning out their coords?

>> No.8425889

>>8425852
>lolita
>otakon
Kek. Not a huge lolita scene here.

>> No.8426198

>>8425889
I don't know if I would feel safe going to otakon as a lolita. Is that why it is so small?

>> No.8426206

>>8426198
tbh I'd feel there's a lot more crazier stuff than lolita going on that you'd be fine, probably.

>> No.8426219

>>8426206
I have the urge to ask "like what" but maybe I really don't want to know

>> No.8426231
File: 3.00 MB, 375x166, 1398885098991.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lot of furry costumes being uploaded to OTAKON groups on facebook.
So theres that.

>> No.8426251

>>8426219
You'll find out anyways at Ota! Are you going with a group? If so you should be fine.if not I can offer my services as an escort for the low low price of free lol

>> No.8426252

>>8426231
Why did I look at the facebook page......

Some of these requests people are posting are kinda pathetic

>> No.8426256

>>8426251
I hope I can meet up with some people from /cgl/, I am going as Kamina.

>> No.8426261

>>8425889
There was a good amount at Katsu

>> No.8426268
File: 28 KB, 490x309, this gave me cancer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh what the fuck is wrong with this facebook page?

>> No.8426269

>>8426256
From Gurren Laggen? Well if there's a thursday pre-con meetup I'll probably go in normie stuff.

>> No.8426273

>>8426269
Yup, been working out for a good while now, just finishing up the tan. Hope I can get it good enough so I don't have to wear a fake one

>> No.8426285

>>8426273
Lel I wish I started working out earlier, trying to pull off Summer Scramble Chrom but I slightly fucked up painting the symbol onto my shorts.

Crossplay?

>> No.8426290

>>8426285
Yeah I only need some body paint for the blue stripes, and fix the waist bandages.

What's a crossplay?

Sorry only other anime con I have been to is nekocon

>> No.8426318

>>8426290

Oh it's crossdressing but replace clothes with cosplay so it'd be like a guy full on cosplaying any female character without tweaking the dress/outfit or w.e they were. Was wondering bc you said you weren't sure about doing lolita in Ota but Kamina is a guy cosplay

>> No.8426344

>>8426318
Ah no not a grill, if I was I would be one ugly chick lol

>> No.8426350

>>8426344
Then you should be 110% safe in lolita=!

>> No.8426360

>>8426261
Katsucon is an entirely different convention.

>> No.8426666

>>8425781
>>8425631
>>8426256
I know me and some friends would definitely be down for a meet-up on Thursday.

Out of curiosity how many of y'all cosplay on Thursday? I was thinking about it but on the other hand it's probably going to be hot wearing a cosplay made out of cotton

>> No.8426761
File: 92 KB, 694x642, tumblr_lr4v8nIPlC1qmf9gqo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw when there's only a month left

I'm so close to finished on my two cosplays but my god do I need to motivation to just get up and do it. I know from experience "oh I have a whole month, I'll do it tomorrow" will kick me in the ass later.

Meanwhile, I am "helping" with my bf's cosplay and it's frustrating the shit out of me. He's had months and months to buy the materials, and I offered to help with the sewing parts. I remind him every single time I see him and he says "oh, shit, yeah I'll do it as soon as I get home". Never does. I even do all the scouting on eBay and find all the perfect pieces to use and alter, and he never buys them so they disappear. I'm only really set on getting this done because it would look great alongside mine.

blogpost/10

>> No.8426824

>>8426761
>I even do all the scouting on eBay and find all the perfect pieces to use and alter, and he never buys them so they disappear.

Story of my life. My boyfriend did the same. Guess who didn't cosplay that year.

>> No.8426996

>>8422734
>Alrighty, so I've got a room at the Residence Inn (17 Light Street) I don't need anymore.
>$1057
>Thursday-Sunday
>One Bedroom King suite (full kitchen, dining area and sofa bed).
>Anyone want it, or do I just cancel all together?

Last call on this I guess?

>> No.8427071

Any good photogs going?

>> No.8427075

>>8426996
You should post in other places. Maybe Facebook groups. I know there's a lot of people on the Otakon pages still looking for rooms.

>> No.8427523

>>8426666
I know I'm not gonna cosplay Thursday.
Fuck being in long sleeves and jeans in a hot line for 2 or 3 hours. Also nice quads.

>> No.8427531
File: 642 KB, 1000x1517, Hoshii.Miki.full.1418419.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8426666
Nice quads dude
But also, I'm travelling Thursday but was planning on cosplaying Puchimas Miki if I can put her together and get the plushie in time, since I missed preorders

>>8426761
Shit I know that feel, anon. An Ota a few years back, I left trying to make a damn tutu until the week before. Horrible experience, would no recommend, haha. Even now, all I have to do is take my shit to the tailor since I don't have time to take it in myself, and I haven't even done that yet.

>> No.8427808

>>8426666
Most places I need to wear a shirt to, Kamina wears no shirt.

Prolly just be in normalish clothes, I am game for hitting up some bars or something

>> No.8427952

>>8427071
I'm going. :D

>> No.8428034

>>8427952
Different anon, but link to your page? I've been looking for a good photographer but everyone posting in the Otakon group is garbage tier at best.

>> No.8428104

>>8427071
I'd like to know this as well. I'll be there Saturday and want to work with anyone interested in doing TFP shoots

>> No.8428139

These panels make me sad. I was really hoping for good panels.
>Feminism panel
all my why
>Teen Wolf and Japanese Myth and Folklore
Honestly, I wish this were just about werewolves and not fucking Teen Wolf, cause I'd go. Jesus.
>Literally no workshops
That was like the only thing I was excited for "panel"-wise. But no, there are none.

>> No.8428150

Where can I find a good list of set in stone photoshoots? Or are those not available yet?

>> No.8428157

I heard 1449 has a boat.

>> No.8428159

>>8428157
what

>> No.8428163

>>8428159
#boatakon

>> No.8428170

>>8428157
>hundreds of drunk people on a boat
what could go wrong

>> No.8428282

>>8426360
It's an anime con in the DMV rofl you make it seem like they're all vastly different from each other

>> No.8428293

>>8428170
>>8428163
Yeah, I'd rather not die on a boat full of weeaboos.

>> No.8428331

>>8427071
>>8428034
>>8428104

book of faces.com/pages/EMCP/244561405738346?fref=ts

>> No.8428431

>>8408604

Where the fuck do you live that a full dinner for 20$ is "rich people food", bumfuck Arkansas?

>> No.8428533

>>8428293
1449 aren't a bunch of weeaboos, we're above the average congoer. And odds are you won't be invited to our party. You need to know the right people and be in shape to be considered a guest.

>> No.8428547

>>8428533
rude

>> No.8428710

>>8428533
Look at me
I'm important
anddd kill yourself

>> No.8428749

Any other decent cons happening in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic between now and September? Otakon is looking like a bust

>> No.8428844

>>8422786
I have my room booked for under $700.00 on Thursday to Sunday

>>8422734
Cancel your reservations and Email me here or If you STEAM we can chat about it

STEAM ID:Creedx31

>> No.8428925

For anyone who wants to chat about Otakon or nonsense:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/raxus0/

>> No.8428947

>one month away
>19,000 unsold badges

This may be selfish (and wishful thinking) on my part but I'm hoping they don't sell many more. It would be such a relief if the crowd, by some miracle, could be less than 30,000 this year.

>> No.8428972

>>8428749
There's AnimeUSA on Halloween weekend

>> No.8428984
File: 256 KB, 1280x720, 1347577965905.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yeah there's a lot of bad panels on the list but some sounds pretty fucking cool:
>Are You Down To Operate? The Arms and Armor of Animated Military Might!
WE OPERATOR NOW
>Behind the Stand: Jojo's Bizzare Discography
Because JoJo's OST is pretty fucking good
>Bootleg Anime from South Korea
Will be interesting because we always talk about Chinese bootleg
>No Side: A History of Japanese Punk and Hardcore
I guarantee you this will be by the same guy that did the Experimental Music from Japan panel from last year. Cool guy, used to work at a record store I went to before it closed down.
>Japanese Pro Wrestling
This just sounds funny as shit
>Shame-free Intro to Adult Visual Novels
Only going because of how hilariously cringeworthy it'll be

Also one of these fucking days I'll host a panel about car culture in Japan

>> No.8429007

>>8378136
>>8378152

Hi it's the Greyhound bus anon again! The bus I was planning on taking has a 10 minute layover on a ride that is less than 3 hours total. Do you guys think it should be okay for me and my friends to use this bus, or should I just take an earlier or later bus that goes straight to the con? Sorry for the annoying questions;; I don't mind being a half hour to an hour late, but anything past that is a bit ridiculous so I'd rather take a later, all-the-way-ride to the convention center if that's the case. Thanks so much!

>> No.8429012

>>8428947
In honesty me too,Otakon should have move after riots to still have it was a huge mistake. They should have been to DC already when the riots happen.

>> No.8429021

>>8428844
Also,I will accept payments on paypal on whoever interested on lodging inn next month

We can discuss here or on STEAM whatever suits you

>> No.8429036

>>8428331
Sweet, how much do you charge? I have a few costumes I need to get shots of.

>> No.8429041

>>8428844
Go To This >>8428972

I went there last year, it was better then otakon in my opinion. Smaller but not that many neckbeards and a lot more close knit if you know what I mean.

>>8429012
Nah, otakon is good where it's at less people means more space and besides I feel like sales are going to start picking up now that some panels are announced but if they don't it's still good for me. Also as a somebody who lives very close to Baltimore, the riots were not that bad. Media hyped that shit up 10 fold

>> No.8429135

>>8428104
Vander Photography on facebook for me. Always looking to shoot too!

>> No.8429196

>>8429135
Damn, you sure do charge a shit ton for average work.

>> No.8429358

>>8429135
>$130 for an hour, $170 for an hour and a half
>you receive 5 images from the shoot
Am I the only one that thinks this is a total ripoff?

>> No.8429797

>>8429041
Is the area across the bridge from the stadiums safe?
I have a hotel booked over there and some of the people in the reviews say it's a pretty shitty area, but when I looked on google maps it just appears to be more industrial than anything.

>> No.8429876

>>8429358
No, this is beyond ridiculous for only 5 images.The only time I'd even consider paying this amount is if the images are getting published, which I highly doubt they are.

>> No.8429881

>>8429036
$75 for up to an hour; 3-5 edited shots.

Send me a message on my page, and we can work things out!

>> No.8430004

>>8429797
It's the ghetto. The industrial areas of Baltimore are the poorest neighborhoods.

>> No.8430021

>>8430004
But they have the best dank, so that's a plus. I have a friend down there named Ando who hooks me up everytime I go to Ota.

>> No.8430042

>>8430004
Sounds a bit rough.
Maybe I should keep my hotel at the renaissance there in the harbor instead.
That's a huge price difference though.

>> No.8430192

>>8429196
If you wanna comment on the photos and critique, I do appreciate criticism.

>> No.8430194

>>8429358
It isn't 5 pictures overall. It's 5 of the RAW files so someone who would like to edit their own work can do so. I actually give over a dozen usually, sometimes in the 25-30 range. All depends.

>> No.8430201

>>8430194
You should be specifying that on your page.

>> No.8430215

>>8430201
Back when I first made the graphic I tried to fit too much info on it. I'm changing it up soon so it has a better look and putting less info on the graphic.